Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tovah is Bat Lady!!!

She's creepy, ghoulish, and totally campy. Watch her in "Shelter," Harlan Coben's new series on Prime Video. If they ever do another Addams Family....she's definately the new Granny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 12:46 AM

I hope she'll be able to be cast as Hester Crimstein in Netflix's upcoming Myron Bolitar series. I've pictured her in the role since the first book.

Even more important, I hope Myron's series is shot in New York and New Jersey, as Shelter is.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2023 5:50 PM

And Bat Lady is an Auschwitz survivor. The kid playing Mickey is pretty, less makeup would be an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2023 2:00 AM

Luff huh. May she live a long and prosperous life. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2023 2:17 AM

Is this any good? It looks interesting, but all the Harlen Corben stuff I’ve seen has been shit.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2023 2:55 AM

Tovah Feldshuh is a horrific name.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2023 2:59 AM

Big Coben fan, r4, and I hate the stuff that was filmed in Europe. New Jersey is one of the most important characters in any Coben novel, and Netflix excised that in every single one of those series.

If you're a fan of the books, you'll be happy to know this takes place 21 different places in NJ.

Is that big windowed entrance to Livingston HS a later addition to the original school building? It looks so pomo, and I knew kids from Livingston way before then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2023 3:01 AM

It has a YA feel to it. In addition to Tovah, it includes Adrienne Barbeau as Grandma Bolitar and Peter Riegert as Grandpa.

I liked the French movie of [italic]Tell No One[/italic], the one with Kristin Scott Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2023 3:16 AM

I know her as Mac Davis’ leading lady in ‘Cheaper to Keep Her’, and from a killer bee TV movie called ‘Terror Out of the Sky’. Then I read that she’s in a traveling show as Broadway’s Golda Meir that has found its way to my cow town! Good for her! I hope the theater has been good to her. She seems like she could have easily been a sitcom Mom.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2023 3:24 AM

I wish Danielle Melnick, the defense attorney she played on L&O, had made her a more regular character. She did 13 episodes on original L&O between 1991 and 2007, a couple with the subsidiaries, and she should have done more.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2023 3:34 AM

Actually, Tovah is a stand out in this. But you might be misled into thinking she the witched witch of the west, where in point of fact she's a good guy. Wait and see. It's a dead give away, as she the little girl who liberated all those children from the concentration camp

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2023 7:33 AM

This is Harlan Coben on Amazon, not Netflix, so it has a different production team.

I liked the trilogy considering it is YA. They even toned down some harder edges for the adaptation - the mother had a nervous breakdown, not a heroin addiction, Ema the goth isn’t chubby.

It has more consistent low level of pulpy humour. And the kids all seem totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2023 1:41 PM

It's nice to see her having a career boost at this stage in her life. She took a long break to raise her kids but still worked occasionally. And if you want to see a truly lovely performance check her out in Kissing Jessica Stein.

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2023 1:49 PM

I liked her on As the World Turns!

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2023 2:18 PM

It has two lesbian stories going: one adult, one teen. But teen guy who's into musicals is dreaming of an open marriage with the star (Stephanie March) who has come to coach their high school musical.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2023 4:16 PM

So far, I love this series. I mowed through the first four in one evening. MORE PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2023 4:20 PM

Also, Tovah warns Didi Conn (when was the last time you saw her in anything?) not to fuck with her again.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2023 5:51 PM

R16 Didi Conn is looking frail in this. I still love her, though.

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2023 5:52 PM

this clip made me a Tovah fan..... had never really given her a second thought for 50 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!