Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Holmes - Theranos scam bitch - getting 2 yrs off sentence

Rich, blond -- who didn't see this coming?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2024 4:05 AM

She'll be out in 5. It pays to be a mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2023 6:44 PM

I don't care if you say it's misogyny, I hate this cunt so much. And you just know she's gonna scam her way out of all those debts she has as well and continue living at a higher standard than most posters here.

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2023 6:50 PM

Her husband will likely find someone else. He may hang in there for a year or two but I can’t see a young handsome wealthy man waiting that long for a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2023 7:06 PM

Does she still talk in that fake deep affected voice?

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2023 7:15 PM

I don't get the intense hatred for this woman. Her "scheme" sounded pretty half baked anyway, so I can't see how anyone who had done their due diligence would have invested money with her.

As Estelle Costanza said, "the whole damn thing sounds pretty stupid to me. "

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2023 7:21 PM

Come on, OP. What she did was terrible, but 9 years doesn't seem all that lenient to me. That is a long time. We have to keep in mind, people in the news are real humans. Think of waking up in prison every day for the next 9 years.

9 years is just.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2023 7:25 PM

I think I remember reading that she quit using the voice, R4, and my guess would be that she dropped off all her black turtlenecks at Goodwill at or around the same time.

Just punishment for living as a glazed-eyed baritone billionaire while ripping off gullible investors or not, the thing that makes me think facing deep mistrust is the very best she can ever hope for again is those pregnancies, and trying to use “my children are young” as a shortcut out of some of her jail time.

I’m persuaded that she will stop at nothing once she sets a goal — truth, lies, whatever works — and that incarceration will teach her nothing, but that she richly deserves it. She played with the lives of people who relied on the accuracy of blood tests that were administered to them and she did it knowing the machine didn’t work and she did it while raking in money hand over fist.

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2023 7:42 PM

All that money and the bitch couldn't afford a hair brush??

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2023 8:04 PM

My cousin got sentenced to something like 2 years in federal prison. He lived pretty far from the federal prison where he ended up serving his time. He showed up to the prison, on his own, to start his sentence (rather than have the federal government pay for transport). IIRC, 6 months was shaved off his sentence, just for showing up on his own. He served ~ 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2023 8:24 PM

Completely standard. They did the same for her business partner. Why do you pretend like this is unusual?

"Holmes' prison sentence hasn't changed, but like all prisoners who follow the rules can qualify for an early release under the federal government's “good time” guidelines. Her projected release date — a few weeks before her 49th birthday — is in line with a prisoner serving her length of sentence."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2023 8:52 PM

R5 and R6, callous disregard for human life and health does not do it for you?

Sorry, but she is getting off light. Bernie Madoff got 150 years and he just took money. He did not endanger anyone's life with a fake test.

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2023 10:35 PM

It does make me laugh that she fooled all those gullible old white guys...

Didn't they ever hear of "caveat emptor"?

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2023 10:42 PM

R4 Liz dropped the fake voice for the trial and doesn't use it anymore.

R12 I agree! All those old white guys who presented themselves to the public as above reproach -- Kissinger, Mattis, Schulz, Nunn, etc. She also duped Clinton and Biden into appearing with her at public functions. Her womanly pheromones must be off the charts!

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2023 3:53 AM

It IS funny how taken they all with her. I'm a homosexual dude, so I really don't now, but like was she really THAT attractive? Look, I know if I was an influential billionaire, and 1998 Ryan Phillipe asked me for money, I'd fork it over.

Was was the spell? I wonder if she used that technique cult leaders use where certain words make people do things.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2023 2:22 AM

Feds give 20% off for good behavior... a lot less generous than most state prisons...

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2023 2:34 AM

People like her alway, and I mean ALWAYS seem to get off easy. This bitch scammed and probably did do harm to people using her damned machine. She's lower than trash.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2023 3:46 AM

R14 Two things: #1 She looked straight into their eyes; old white guys melt at that. #2 She smelled great - either perfume or pheromones.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2023 3:51 AM

dat ass tho

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2023 3:59 AM

2 more years shaved off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 10:53 PM

^ correction. 4 more months shaved off.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2024 10:55 PM

I thought she was pretty hot, for what it's worth.

Then again, I wouldn't have given her [bold]any[/bold] of [bold]my[/bold] money.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2024 11:59 PM

Doesn't really bother me. She's still in there for a good percentage of her life

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 12:09 AM

I'm curious about her life in there. Is it horrible, or just boring?

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 12:13 AM

They should fry this grifting bitch. So sick of these people lying and stealing them acting like they did nothing wrong

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2024 12:20 AM

Trump first!

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2024 1:31 AM

She's already working on a machine which can change your DNA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2024 4:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!