Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President Biden Built a Great Economy But Nobody Seems to Know It

[QUOTE]Median household income hit a record $70,784 in 2021, above the $68,703 peak of 2019. Even the record for lowest African American unemployment, which Trump repeatedly bragged about, now belongs to Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 16, 2024 9:37 PM

It would help if one of the cable news networks pounded this fact constantly similarly to the way that Fox Noise pounded their pro-Trump bullshit non stop.

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2023 5:43 PM

Because "people," many of whom post here, are too busy running around in hysterics, screaming about trannies mutilating children by the millions, and drag queens kidnapping millions of innocent little toddlers and forcing them to watch drag shows in every library in the country, and forcing straight women to shit and pee in front of leering men dressed as women, to have a serious discussion about a tiddlywinks game much less about the economy.

We just got rid of the pandemic, now we have another pandemic of hysterical harpies screaming their lungs out about the very imminent demise of women and gay men at the hands of the all powerful trannies.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote] It would help if one of the cable news networks pounded this fact constantly

Chris Hayes did a big segment on it a few days ago, basically showing how by nearly every measure, the economy has improved greatly under Biden. But the people who need to hear it aren't watching MSNBC, and even if they were, they wouldn't believe it. We've reached a point where facts and statistics no longer seem to persuade people.

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2023 5:49 PM

Democrats fail at getting their messages out.

Republicans succeed.

The reason? Not incompetence. It's just that the democrats have so many messages: the economy, civil rights, wealth equality, the environment, justice, gay rights, abortion, etc etc etc

The republicans have only one message: we hate our enemies, ie: democrats.

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2023 5:56 PM

Patience. It's a long time to November 2024.

The same reason nobody is screaming about the corrupt and criminal Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2023 5:58 PM

Hayes' segment missed the mark because he focused on statistics while Fox hits it by focusing on emotions. If you listen to the MAGAts, their responses to questions rarely mention, say, the unemployment rate, but instead reply with "everyone had a job under Trump!" (even when that's simply not the case). It's why the NY Times does their monthly Trump-supporters-in-the-diner hit pieces; if they asked Democrats, they'd get a recitation of the latest NY Times articles on jobs, the economy, housing starts, etc. and it just isn't as engaging as when a MAGAt complains about the child molestation factory in the basement of a pizza parlor.

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2023 6:03 PM

The US government does not run the economy even if every president claims so when it's doing well. The economy runs itself in a capitalist country. I just explained this to two Trumpers convinced that Donald "ran" it better than Biden. Sure it helps when government money is poured into healthcare, clean energy or wartime hardware, but that isn't running the economy.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote] I just explained this to two Trumpers convinced that Donald "ran" it better than Biden.

Many Americans stupidly believe that the president "runs" everything. They have no understanding of how government operates or the separation of powers. The deplorables think Trump was busy all day "running" the country when he actually was sitting on his fat ass, tweeting and watching Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2023 6:22 PM

^ Not to mention the majority here at the Datalounge (not the Trump part)

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2023 6:31 PM

Plus, how do you explain that Biden DOUBLED American manufacturing during his first two years. Or that Biden avoided the usual post-crisis recession by flooding the states with American Rescue Plan Act cash. People do not remember that a great President AVOIDS austerity. And stop whining about Inflation. Reagan and the Republicans ruined the economy, made every S&L bite the dust...an entire segment of the banking industry AND he had inflation for SIX YEARS and high unemployment. Biden is a master of HIS economy. Biden was hamstrung by Republicans during the Bush economic collapse. He saw how NOT to stimulate the economy. Fuck Republicans.

Thank you President Biden!

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2023 7:57 PM

There’s also a disconnect from these stories about a great economy when we see increased homeless, $5 a gallon gas, continued price hikes at the grocery store, favorite stores and restaurants going out of business. Maybe a great economy by some metrics but the average voter may not see it

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2023 8:24 PM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2023 8:26 PM

I got a good job last year. President Biden has my vote again.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2023 8:29 PM

[QUOTE] Patience. It's a long time to November 2024.

You don’t wait until November 2024, R5. They need to be pounding the message right now.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2023 8:29 PM

[Quote] $5 a gallon gas......

It's down to $2.39 a gallon and still dropping.

The stock market is on a tear going up again.

Pay attention, R11

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2023 8:39 PM

Gas is $4.19 / gallon here in Chicago. Eggs are finally back to under a buck tho. The economy seems to be doing alright. Baby Boomers have to spend themselves to prop us out of a possible recession. They will. Biden is talking about the economy and taking his rightful credit as its President. White women are pissed about the Supremes with their abortion, LGBT+, affirmative action decisions. A Blue Tsunami is a comin '!!

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2023 8:59 PM

What’s so funny, R12?

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2023 1:00 AM

R17, r12 forgets that the Republicans killed the $15 minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2023 2:54 AM

[QUOTE] There’s also a disconnect from these stories about a great economy when we see increased homeless, $5 a gallon gas, continued price hikes at the grocery store, favorite stores and restaurants going out of business. Maybe a great economy by some metrics but the average voter may not see it

The average voter sees what you tell them to see.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2023 3:48 PM

This "economy" is just that . Economy of high everything . While people of means it doesnt affect them much, but the lower class....are having a very rough "economy"..Fact.

by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2023 4:24 PM

As of a few weeks ago, wages are rising faster than inflation. I think by the time of the next election, Biden will be in a more comfortable position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2023 4:31 PM

Thank you, President Biden!

"Fourth of July gas prices take an almost unprecedented plunge"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2023 4:56 PM

Mighty Joe Biden cools inflation as stock market soars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2023 2:22 PM

Great job, President Biden!

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2023 2:27 PM

No OP.

President Biden did not build a great economy .

President Biden is attempting to steward an out of control late-capitalist economy and he has some success.

But given that late capitalism is what it is, we continue to see the escalating decline of the quality of life and increased hopelessness for those unable to barricade themselves behind wealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2023 2:34 PM

Late capitalism? What does that mean, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2023 2:55 PM

If only there had been a direct link to an article which explained late capitalism

by Anonymousreply 27July 12, 2023 2:59 PM

[quote]Hayes' segment missed the mark because he focused on statistics while Fox hits it by focusing on emotions. If you listen to the MAGAts, their responses to questions rarely mention, say, the unemployment rate, but instead reply with "everyone had a job under Trump!" (even when that's simply not the case). It's why the NY Times does their monthly Trump-supporters-in-the-diner hit pieces; if they asked Democrats, they'd get a recitation of the latest NY Times articles on jobs, the economy, housing starts, etc. and it just isn't as engaging as when a MAGAt complains about the child molestation factory in the basement of a pizza parlor.

I agree but let's not forget repetition, repetition, REPETITION!!! The Republicans OWN the internet to the point that I've come to believe that it is all they are concerned about and what they do all day. This is why they can't govern. They simply spend no time doing that and spend all of their time on the internet. Let's take Twitter for example... The ONLY "right-wing" nut that I ever followed and commented upon was Geraldo Rivera. No one else. Now, it seems as if every 10 seconds I get a tweet from Marsha Blackburn, Byron McDonald. MTG. the other nutty gall who wears glasses, Charlie Kirk, DT Jr, and a few others. The Republicans are working on the notion that if one says enough and people will read it enough, then it will become true. Otherwise known as brainwashing. Rarely, is anything coming from a Democrat on my feed.

by Anonymousreply 28July 12, 2023 3:07 PM

You will want to watch this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 12, 2023 3:30 PM

R27, are you R25? I’m a layman. I’d prefer to have you explain it to me in simple terms right here.

by Anonymousreply 30July 12, 2023 3:49 PM

OK

Karl Marx predicted capitalism was not sustainable and would eventually become so top heavy it would collapse

At this stage, he believed the proletariat would revolt and establish a new utopian economic and social system called communism

This never happened in western capitalist economies because the working classes tended to benefit from capitalism, and communism happened in agrarian societies like Russia and China and veered toward totalitarianism

However, the conditions which Marx predicted would happen in industrialized capitalist economies appear to becoming true. It is becoming more and more top heavy, with so much wealth concentrated at the top, and the middle class, previously the primary beneficiary and enforcer of capitalist stability, is beginning to disintegrate.

This is late capitalism. It is also called late stage capitalism, to reference the stage in capitalism before it collapses, per Karl Marx’s prediction.

by Anonymousreply 31July 12, 2023 4:10 PM

[QUOTE] President Joe Biden is enjoying the economic recovery of his dreams, complete with cooling inflation, a still-hot jobs market and diminishing odds of a recession.

[QUOTE]Now he just needs to figure out how to keep it that way.

[QUOTE]A White House that has bet Biden’s political future on the economy’s resilience — so much so that they’re branding it with the president’s name — got the latest encouraging sign Wednesday that its strategy is paying off, with new data showing a sharper than expected slowdown in consumer costs.

[QUOTE]The measure is a major reversal of fortune for Biden, after two years battling soaring inflation and accusations his agenda had contributed to the pain. But it’s just the latest in a string of economic developments that’s bolstered the administration’s confidence it can set the U.S. on a glide path without first plunging it into a downturn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2023 1:41 AM

He doesn’t even know it! Lol I’m not a troll I’m just appropriating their responses.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2023 1:53 AM

People do know it, they're just being testy assholes! Don't give me that tired "Dems have a messaging problem!" trope. Yeah, the problem is Democrats,, unlike Republicans need to be seduced to vote as if there is even a choice between good policies and bad! Democrats have a reality problem, the messaging is fine!

Gen Z better get out and vote like they keep promising (yet never do!)

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2023 2:37 AM

No matter how much the economy continues to improve under Biden's presidency, the news media will always find a way to put a negative spin on it: "Yes, U.S. unemployment may be at a near-historic low, but don't tell that to Joe Sixpack of Bumfuck, Kansas, who can't find a job" or "Yes, the rate of inflation has decreased for the 12th straight month, but experts are unsure how long it will continue."

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2023 3:03 AM

[quote]No matter how much the economy continues to improve under Biden's presidency, the news media will always find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Like the bitch Maureen Dowd and her writing about the 7th Biden grandchild along with the other bigtime media jumping on that story?

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2023 3:22 AM

Maureen Dowd is such a cunt. I don’t know why she’s still employed by the Times.

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2023 4:08 AM

This is very encouraging. Very encouraging indeed.

Jonathan Capehart @CapehartJ

Biden-Harris campaign rakes in $72M in Q2!

Key line from announcement: "The Biden-Harris team dramatically outraised the announced totals from every GOP candidate running for president, including Donald Trump by more than 2:1 and Ron DeSantis by more than 3:1."

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2023 4:47 PM

FYI...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2023 4:51 PM

Thanks for posting that, R38 and R39. That is fantastic news and rightly very impressive. It counters this notion that the Democrats don’t want Joe as our nominee. And in that vein, maybe it will shut up some of these Rethuglican naysayers — at least for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2023 10:43 PM

I have total faith in Joe. He has been around the block so many times with Republicans that he KNOWS how to manipulate them. If the debt ceiling had not been suspended, we would all still be talking about it. But we aren't. Bidenomics boils down to manipulating MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Reaganomics wasn’t so popular in July ‘83, either. More good economic data & a strong market can change perceptions.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2023 6:32 AM

Reaganomics killed the entire Savings and Loan business economy.

Reaganomics let inflation cruise for 8 years.

What Bidenomics has done in three years is MIRACULOUS.

Team Dark Brandon

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2023 11:29 AM

[quote]Bidenomics

Is this a term that originated from the White House/Democrats? Or is this something that originated from the Republicans in an attempt to vilify Biden's economic policies and coin a phrase?

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2023 11:39 AM

It’s probably something that originated from the New York Times in an attempt to vilify Biden’s economic policies and coin a phrase.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2023 11:56 AM

Bidenomics is a term arising out of White House, a sure sign of their confidence that the economy will be asset in next year’s election.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2023 12:00 PM

Regardless of where the term originated, Biden and the Democrats have overwhelmingly accepted and touted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2023 12:00 PM

Thanks, R47 (and R45, R46).

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2023 12:06 PM

r44, it was picked up as a negative but embraced by Democrats for the successful Biden economic plan.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2023 12:57 PM

But there's cocaine in the White House. Everywhere! It's a drug factory.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2023 1:11 PM

Encouraging. Encouraging....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2023 7:16 PM

EXCELLENT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2023 11:25 AM

Consumer confidence jumps to 2 year high as inflation eases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Job Approval July 25th (3rd Year):

Biden 41.8

Trump 44.4

Obama 45.4

Bush 57.0

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2023 9:00 PM

President Biden - Four More Years!

by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2023 9:24 PM

Biden knows that the real polls in November '24 are all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2023 10:45 PM

Where are all of the Democrats who should be promoting this news everywhere and anywhere?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2023 10:49 PM

The Democrats are too busy doing what they always do: shooting themselves in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2023 11:56 PM

R54, still citing the RCP aggregate of polls?!? After ‘22, anyone with a political brain knew that RCP was including a number of less than credible Republican & Republican-leaning polls. And it was these shaky polls that foretold a huge red wave. That never materialized.

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2023 12:35 AM

I think the impacts of inflation are obscuring what is otherwise good news.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2023 1:15 AM

Democrats are keeping their powder dry, as the Republicans are going to do

EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO FUCK UP THE ADMINISTRATION AND THE ECONOMY

before the election.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2023 9:41 AM

The U.S. economy showed few signs of recession in the second quarter, as gross domestic product grew at a faster than expected pace during the period.

GDP increased at a 2.4% annualized rate for the April-through-June period, better than the 2% consensus estimate from Dow Jones. GDP rose at a 2% pace in the first quarter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2023 1:04 PM

Biden’s America

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2023 3:53 PM

And now you know what the #1 target of Republicans is.

They have to fuck up the economy and the appropriations bills.

There is no reason to vote for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2023 3:59 PM

If your rent goes up 33% you seem to know it.

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2023 4:54 PM

r65, You did not see Secretary Fudge on Morning Joe?

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2023 5:52 PM

[quote]The Democrats are too busy doing what they always do: shooting themselves in the foot.

Try harder, r58.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2023 6:04 PM

I love Joe Biden as President, at least compared to the other 5 presidents in my lifetime, but this economy fucking sucks sucks sucks for poor people like me, especially those who, like me, will start having to make large student loan payments again soon.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote]having to make large student loan payments again soon.

How is Joe responsible for that, r68?

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2023 6:10 PM

I didn’t say Joe was responsible for it, or for the state of the economy either. I’m just saying that life is really hard out there right now.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2023 6:12 PM

r70, how about he gets reelected, and he rescinds the Trump Tax Hoax and raises the tax limit to $50k where people pay taxes? How about he expands SNAP to the entire lower middle class? How about he makes Educational loan INTEREST tax deductable?

Vote BIDEN.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2023 7:10 PM

In Joe's economy inflation has eroded the value of the dollar by roughly 15%.. That's a very severe hit against the poor and the middle class. And I do think they may have noticed the contrast to their reality and the victory parades on MSNBC.

Until your income is rising faster than inflation and the return on your assets is also higher than inflation, you are being “taxed.” There is no simple solution to the inflation problem, other than using policy to suppress private demand and, sadly, an unavoidable rise in unemployment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2023 7:23 PM

[quote]Vote BIDEN.

To make all of what you suggest happen, it's imperative to also vote DEMOCRATIC for every office. Joe can't do it without a solid Democratic majority.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2023 7:26 PM

I am voting to a House majority AND a Senate SUPERMAJORITY.

Republicans have proved that they can only be trusted with a permanent Senate SUPERMINORITY.

And because of the closet DINOs, I mean a 70 Senate Supermajority.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2023 7:40 PM

Ya it’s good for the well off but the homeless and many others might beg to differ. Inequality has hardly been addressed by Joe and team. Boomers are calling the shots and their view of why and who deserves is quite narrow and antiquated. Record corporate profits hardly benefit those outside the market or those with little means. Housing lack and prices are still a disaster. The outrageous cost of housing is crushing the lower earners. It needs to drop our society is being strangled by housing costs. Saying that big J is far better than any Puke out there. I make a median salary but I’m one of the lucky few who live in my area. Many around me have a hand to mouth reality. They are not so keen on big J and his economy.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2023 8:22 PM

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE DEMOCRATS!?!

Why aren't they ALL OVER social media pushing this good news???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2023 9:46 PM

Are BTC and Meidas Touch the ONLY messengers to spread the good news?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2023 9:49 PM

[QUOTE]WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE DEMOCRATS!?!

The Democrats are terrible at messaging. They just don’t know how to break through. And the so called “liberal media” sure isn’t helping. They only want to talk about Joe Biden when it’s something that embarrasses him. They revel in Democratic misery.

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote]Ya it’s good for the well off but the homeless and many others might beg to differ. Inequality has hardly been addressed by Joe and team. Boomers are calling the shots and their view of why and who deserves is quite narrow and antiquated. Record corporate profits hardly benefit those outside the market or those with little means. Housing lack and prices are still a disaster. The outrageous cost of housing is crushing the lower earners. It needs to drop our society is being strangled by housing costs. Saying that big J is far better than any Puke out there. I make a median salary but I’m one of the lucky few who live in my area. Many around me have a hand to mouth reality. They are not so keen on big J and his economy.

So what are suggestions regarding what should be done?

by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2023 10:38 PM

Democrat priorities...

Chuck Schumer @SenSchumer 13h

NEWS: The Senate just passed my resolution to declare Tony Bennett’s birthday, August 3, as “Tony Bennett Day.”

A proud son of Queens, Tony Bennett leaves behind a tremendous legacy that will inspire generations of artists to come.

by Anonymousreply 80July 28, 2023 11:59 AM

But, look at what the GOP gets out and pushes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 28, 2023 12:15 PM

[QUOTE] Democrat priorities...

We’re talking about the great Tony Bennett here, R80. That actually is a high priority.

by Anonymousreply 82July 28, 2023 8:50 PM

R74 is probably a California voter with those wild ambitions. There’s not going to be a supermajority House & Senate.

by Anonymousreply 83July 29, 2023 4:42 AM

He can dream, R83.

by Anonymousreply 84July 29, 2023 12:19 PM

No you fuckwad, it only takes a majority in the house with a Super Majority in the Senate.

And I live in Nevada, where the former Chairman of the NV GOP just rolled on Trump, and it appears he was the only state Fake Elector who actually phoned directly WITH Trump. He was the Fat Bastard in the beard and stash rolling his flight bag to the Grand Jury. Evil Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 85July 29, 2023 12:19 PM

What is the path to a 2024 Democratic Senate majority, much less a supermajority? Manchin, Sinema (or Democratic replacement), Tester, Rosen, Sherrod Brown, plus a whole lot of Democrats in purple states all need to win. Pickups are difficult - Florida, Missouri, Texas. I would love to see them keep the Senate, but it is a hard road in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 86July 29, 2023 12:28 PM

If those no label assholes run a presidential candidate, I hope a Democratic Pac runs Moderate/nonTrumper Republican candidates against the following Senators.

Republicans

Barrasso, John (R-WY)

Blackburn, Marsha (R-TN)

Braun, Mike (R-IN)

Cramer, Kevin (R-ND)

Cruz, Ted (R-TX)

Fischer, Deb (R-NE)

Hawley, Josh (R-MO)

Romney, Mitt (R-UT)

Scott, Rick (R-FL)

Wicker, Roger F. (R-MS)

by Anonymousreply 87July 29, 2023 3:06 PM

They can be called the No Labels Independents

by Anonymousreply 88July 29, 2023 3:07 PM

[quote] No you fuckwad, it only takes a majority in the house with a Super Majority in the Senate.

Seriously, in our federalist system, where the ruby red Dakotas have twice as many senators as California, how do you imagine that the Dems can acquire supermajority status in the Senate?! It's most likely they'll be out of the majority in '25, & will continue to be thereafter for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 89July 29, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote]But, look at what the GOP gets out and pushes...

Lies per usual, r81.

by Anonymousreply 90July 29, 2023 5:15 PM

See r87.

by Anonymousreply 91July 29, 2023 6:18 PM

And it will make DC a state.

by Anonymousreply 92July 29, 2023 6:19 PM

Democrats had a very short-lived supermajority in 2009. Unfortunately, the Obama years so terrified red states that a supermajority for Democrats is impossible. It’s also impossible for Republicans, but they don’t need to pass anything to rile up their base.

by Anonymousreply 93July 29, 2023 10:54 PM

r93, buckle up buttercup...

by Anonymousreply 94July 30, 2023 12:31 AM

Steady economy with no recession in sight, and still no boost for Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Biden has been through 13 Presidential elections.

He knows when to blow his horn.

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2023 4:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Young Kin. Sounds Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2023 10:52 PM

Biden has been through 13 Presidential elections.

He knows when to blow his horn.

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2023 6:23 PM

It's the EXPERIENCE, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2023 6:24 PM

𝐂𝐍𝐍 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐊𝐉𝐏 𝐎𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 ‘𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐮𝐬𝐞’ 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐬 ‘𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧’𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡?’

Karine Jean Pierre was confronted on CNN with President Joe Biden’s low poll numbers showing Americans think he’s handled the economy poorly, and responded by saying that polls don’t “show everything” and implying people don’t really know how good they have it.

CNN This Morning anchor Victor Blackwell spoke with Jean Pierre ahead of the president’s upcoming road trip pitching Bidenomics as the 2024 election season picks up speed.

Blackwell put the numbers on screen showing Americans are unhappy with the state of the economy under Biden and asked for the press secretary to explain.

“From the White House perspective, why is there a disparity between the good story, the narrative you think you have to tell, and how it’s received by the American people?” he asked.

“So, a couple of things, Victor. Look, as we know, polls don’t show everything. They don’t tell the full story, as you just stated,” Jean Pierre replied.

She said that Biden delivered historic wins for Democrats in the midterms before arguing that America is coming out of a pandemic, and people don’t realize that wages are “actually going up” and inflation is going down “over a long extended period of time.”

Later in the discussion, Blackwell flat-out asked if it’s a good idea to “literally fuse the president’s name with the economics that Americans aren’t very happy with?”

Jean Pierre’s answer was about the same as her first answer, but she added that Biden comes from a middle class family and he “understands what the American people have gone, go through, right, sitting at the kitchen table once a month trying to figure out how to pay those bills.”

-------------------

She is like an officer on the Titanic assuring Mr Astor they simply sent out for more ice to chill his champagne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2023 5:12 PM

R2, the trans issue is annoying as hell. Quit conflating those of us who question parts of the trans shit with being right wing or hysterical.

But I've been saying for years now that Biden is one of the best presidents since WW2. And I meant it two years ago and I really mean it now.

Sure, he's old, he's not sexy, he's a terrible speaker, but he gets shit done. And in this divisive environment? It's insane.

I absolutely love him.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2023 5:17 PM

MSNBC MUST STOP showing snippets of Fox News. We know they blatantly lie, we know it’s GOP propaganda, but this “gotcha” backfires. It further promotes Fox’s falsehoods by re-airing their video clips.

by Anonymousreply 103August 9, 2023 5:33 PM

November jobs beats expectations at 199k

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2023 4:10 PM

R103, I find the montages of Fox lies to be quite hilarious and illustrative of the crap MAGAts swallow with gusto on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2023 5:34 PM

I've made the most $$$ this year than I ever have earned.

Biden lowered my student loan payments and I'm actually saving money for the first time in over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 106December 8, 2023 5:42 PM

President Biden saved the country from recession.

by Anonymousreply 107December 8, 2023 7:37 PM

r107, that is the problem. Voters need to suffer in order to evaluate the change in the economy. Biden is the first post-cataclysm President who KNEW how to surf the catastrophe with little misery. If people do not suffer, they have no psychological recovery point to judge the recovery.

Biden is an economic genius, but he may rue the day that he did not make Americans suffer through a recession, and recovery, like Clinton and Obama did. It was the Obama recovery from the Great Recession that showed Biden how to avoid a recession Post-Pandemic. Biden is rewiring the entire economy and moving it from a fossil fuel economy to a renewable non-carbon economy, but his greatest challenge is the phasing out of fossil fuel in the transitional economy. But his drilling policy is necessary to get to the promised land.

by Anonymousreply 108December 8, 2023 10:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2023 1:11 AM

The economy was in a shit hole after Trump. Why would anyone with .001 percent of a brain want him back? Not to mention the whole insurrection thing,

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2023 1:50 AM

Because liberals want to take their guns, R110.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote]The economy was in a shit hole after Trump. Why would anyone with .001 percent of a brain want him back? Not to mention the whole insurrection thing,

Because he promises to stop all wetbacks from crossing the border; put the nig... the negroes back in their place by reinstituting the Black Codes; proclaiming Christianity the nation's only religion thereby disenfranchising the Muslims and the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2023 12:32 PM

[quote]The economy was in a shit hole after Trump.

Because they're not too bright, and they're remembering the first two years of Trump's term, when we were still benefitting from the Obama economy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2023 12:52 PM

You're very kind, R113

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2023 8:53 PM

And as usual the lazy assed democrats just sit back and say little to nothing for the most part. I guess they just expect people to hear about it by accident. It pisses me off no end every time I hear some republican telling a pack of lies about the democrats and you rarely hear a single rebuttal from the dems. A few of them will speak out but not well enough for it to get out to the masses. This bullshit "when they go low, we go high" crap from Michelle Obama didn't work then and it doesn't work now. These mealy mouthed dems need to get off their asses and start ranting like crazy every time some puke republican opens his or her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2023 8:58 PM

[quote] Because they're not too bright, and they're remembering the first two years of Trump's term, when we were still benefitting from the Obama economy.

Many voters don't seem to understand that a president can't fix the economy overnight and that you can't judge a president based on the economy during their first year or two in office because that's mostly a product of the previous president. The deplorables think Obama was a terrible president because the economy sucked in 2009 (which was a continuation of the recession that Bush got us into). They think Trump was a great president because the economy was booming in 2017 (which was a continuation of the Obama economic boom). And they decided right away that Biden was a terrible president because of high inflation, which was a holdover from COVID-19 and Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic. Republican presidents always tank the economy, then Democratic presidents always bring it back from the brink, yet somehow Republicans get the credit and Democrats get the blame.

by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]And as usual the lazy assed democrats just sit back and say little to nothing for the most part.

Posts very much like the one shown below spits out over Twitter (or whatever it's called) every 30 seconds. Never are there posts counteracting. Therefore, it's effective brainwashing. "Say and repeat it enough it becomes true."

Congressman Byron Donalds @RepDonaldsPress·6hr

You can call it whatever you want, but the American people know Biden is the architect of a disastrous economy that disproportionately hurts the poorest among us:

❌Everyone's falling behind

❌Our economy's stagnating

❌Inflation's still here

❌Our standard of living has lowered

by Anonymousreply 117December 10, 2023 11:37 PM

MORE LIKE THIS GUY!

MORE! MORE! MORE!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2023 1:40 AM

r117, is that the reason that people took vacations and traveled for Thanksgiving? The reason that the doors are being blown off of brick and mortar stores AND the internet? The reason there are no shortages and the price of gas and, low, the incredible edible egg prices have fallen? Biden has to get past the final levers of Republican power to begin his campaign for his second term. I predict it will be after the State of the Union. It will be epic.

by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2023 1:56 AM

The old test used to be "are you better off than you were four years ago?" if the answer is yes, you stuck with the guy running the country and if the answer was no, you voted in someone new. We are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better off than we were four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2023 1:59 PM

[quote]. We are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better off than we were four years ago.

I agree, but when you're constantly being told something else? How many would argue with you that Trump had much better numbers than Obama? The economy was better, there were more deportations, etc? I forget who recently said this (but I believe that it was a Republican) that it's all about perception and rarely to never about reality.

by Anonymousreply 121December 11, 2023 2:08 PM

mainstream economic metrics reflect how well shareholders are doing - not everyday americans. normal people are experiencing more financial stress and fear than ever. when the tv says the economy is doing good i want to throw a molotov cocktail at it. words have failed the lower classes, we need to get violent soon.

by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2023 2:22 PM

He senile

by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2023 2:30 PM

[quote]we need to get violent soon.

Isn't that what is happening? Pharmacists are walking off the job; Nurses are striking; Doctors are near striking after calculating their loan repayments and what they make only to realize that they're not making much more than a Starbucks Barista...

by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2023 2:34 PM

R133, you’re a moron.

by Anonymousreply 125December 11, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote][R133], you’re a moron.

I'm eager to see if R133 lives up to your prediction.

by Anonymousreply 126December 11, 2023 2:38 PM

^^^ LOL LOL LOL

by Anonymousreply 127December 11, 2023 2:48 PM

Biden has been successful on many fronts, but will never be credited by media who keep churning up poll numbers that say otherwise. Remember that the Obama admin pulled us through the crisis in 2008, took years to get back on track, just in time for Trump to step in and take credit.

by Anonymousreply 128December 11, 2023 2:54 PM

I'm voting for Joe because the alternative means the end of democracy. Plus, I do not believe the economy should rest entirely on his shoulders as his office is limited in their powers with respect to the economy.

However, the economy is not 'great' for the average person. Anyone who thinks it is going 'great' is living in a bubble and needs to get out in the real world. Things are falling apart left and right. I second the person upthread who mentioned the health care system foundering. Many others are on the precipice.

People are working their buts off and cannot afford basic housing or food or health care. The root of all of it is corporate greed. We should have all taken to the streets when Citizen's United was decided. Now the corporations rule us. (Including the news corporations who build up Trump for the drama factor.)

by Anonymousreply 129December 11, 2023 2:57 PM

Biden knows how much simpleton America loves a come back kid. They did it for Clinton, and Obama and they will do it for Biden.

I still predict that Biden will be the most consequential President since FDR and will retire in his third year and create the first female American president who will go on to run as an incumbent. VP Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2023 3:23 PM

[quote]I'm voting for Joe because the alternative means the end of democracy.

Are you not just preaching to the choir here, R129? I enjoyed reading it, though. So... I shall join in...

I'm voting for President Biden because I do truly believe that any other choice would be the end to our democracy. I have one foot in the grave with the other on a banana peel, but I feel it is urgent that all hands come on deck to fight against all this current mess that feels like it is insurmountable but can be overcome if most of us are on the same page and want the same result. I am VERY angry that many advances and civil rights of which far too many have fought for and even died for are being chipped away by a minority that is heavily financed by an even smaller minority. But I must admit that I am saddened too. Saddened because 50% (or nearly 50% of our population has not grown. They have not learned. They have not accepted. That's just too high of a percentage. Far, far, FAR, too high...

by Anonymousreply 131December 11, 2023 3:47 PM

50%+ of voters are dependent on the White Evangelical hegemony.

by Anonymousreply 132December 11, 2023 10:33 PM

I am voting for Jill Stein!

by Anonymousreply 133December 12, 2023 5:15 PM

Market soars as fed signals interest rate cuts for next year. Maybe Joe will finally get some credit for his economy soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2023 7:36 PM

Dow Jones crosses 37,000 for the first time. Way to go, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2023 7:38 PM

r133, have you submitted your Trump Loyalty Application?

by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2023 12:29 AM

I support President Biden and will vote for him in the next election. But I have a few thoughts and maybe some of you here can help me through them and flesh them out.

What is so bad about an impeachment inquiry? I mean the White House is already cooperating and so couldn't the Biden team use this Republican theatrics to its own advantages? To me, this could be an opportunity to make the Republicans really regret going down this path.

I agree with Hunter Biden's reasons for not testifying. But what if he goes ahead and testifies behind closed doors but part of his agreeing to that would be his requirement that a FULL bipartisan transcript be publicly released within 24 hours of his appearance? Shouldn't that quash everything but more importantly put the Republicans on the defensive?

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2023 2:30 PM

I still see hundreds of homeless people on a daily basis in my city and inflation is still very high. My grandma only gets a measly 900 dollars a month in social security and if the rest of the family didn't help her out she would be homeless as well. The needle is moving very slowly.

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2023 3:37 PM

Republicans are following their Clinton Playbook and have authorized a Whitewater Investigation in search of a Linda Tripp.

by Anonymousreply 139December 15, 2023 1:28 AM

Gas prices are sub 3 dollars, Stock Market is up, inflation is down, GDP is up, and employment is at an all-time low in US history. Congress cannot get anything done due to Maga Republicans and their obsession with the impeachment of Biden because...well because Dems did it to Trump, twice. Biden's infrastructure bill is being touted by Republicans who voted against it as they somehow brought the money to their states. All Republicans can do is try to block Biden and yet all he does is win.

by Anonymousreply 140December 15, 2023 1:39 AM

R40 That all sounds very good, but the question will be: "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"

How to you think people will answer?

Right now, the polls are very clear.

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2023 3:26 AM

Joe deserves a lot of credit because he has used his decades of experience in the Senate and as VP to help guide us skillfully through the economic crisis without the U.S. falling into a widely-expected recession. Plus, when the Democrats controlled both the House and Senate they gave Biden an impressive list of legislation, which is reaping rewards around the country.

Nevertheless, Joe is getting all the blame and little of the credit, in part because people make their judgments about the state of the economy not based on the jobs numbers, the GDP, or the stock market, but as a result of their day-to-day experiences and expectations. The supermarket “sticker shock,” which feeds the notion that things are not going in the right direction, is largely caused by corporate greed and not because Uncle Joe can’t figure out how to lower individual item grocery prices.

If the members of the American public were thinking and acting rationally and with great deliberation they would never allow the current Repukes to be charge of anything ever again.

by Anonymousreply 142December 15, 2023 3:56 AM

Again, Biden is a comeback kid because he knows what the presidential cycles are.

Future Candidates will be quoting Biden numbers in future campaigns that their numbers are better than.

Trump is a once in a Nation's History Candidate, ALL polls against him are statistically useless because of his outlier status.

by Anonymousreply 143December 15, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote]Nevertheless, Joe is getting all the blame and little of the credit, in part because people make their judgments about the state of the economy not based on the jobs numbers, the GDP, or the stock market, but as a result of their day-to-day experiences and expectations. The supermarket “sticker shock,” which feeds the notion that things are not going in the right direction, is largely caused by corporate greed and not because Uncle Joe can’t figure out how to lower individual item grocery prices.

If Trump were in the WH and you were experiencing supermarket “sticker shock" I wonder if you would be so rational...

Oh and BTW: when prices go up, it's out of Biden's control..... but when prices go down, Biden takes the credit for it.

Funny how that works.

by Anonymousreply 144December 15, 2023 5:20 AM

[quote]The supermarket “sticker shock,” which feeds the notion that things are not going in the right direction, is largely caused by corporate greed and not because Uncle Joe can’t figure out how to lower individual item grocery prices.

Which is why he's started this:

"President Biden blasted corporate “price gouging” more forcefully this week than ever before, reflecting a renewed administration effort to respond to widespread voter discontent over the economy as next year’s election looms.

In remarks Monday, Biden struck his most populist tone yet in assailing firms for not lowering prices even as supply chains have healed. “Let me be clear: To any corporation that has not brought their prices back down — even as inflation has come down, even [as] supply chains have been rebuilt — it’s time to stop the price gouging,” he said in a speech about supply chains."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 15, 2023 10:21 AM

Inflation continues tumbling downward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 22, 2023 3:59 PM

(From another DL thread...but the economy is terrible)

New Year's partiers paying $12,500 to ring in 2024 in Times Square Some New Year's Eve revelers say you can't put a price on the experience of watching the Times Square ball drop live and in-person on December 31.

But business owners in the tourist mecca have done just that — with prices of up to $12,500.

Hotels and restaurants near One Times Square, the site of the famed New Year's Eve ball drop in Times Square, are offering exclusive New Year's Eve party packages, with tickets costing between $450 and $12,500. The tickets typically include access to food, drinks and live entertainment, while some offer views of the Big Ball.

Although attending the world famous event is free for those watching from the sidewalks below, some people are ponying up for NYE party packages in Times Square that offer a little extra comfort.

by Anonymousreply 147December 28, 2023 1:31 PM

Oh yeah, R147 that just proves how well everyone is doing!

by Anonymousreply 148December 29, 2023 2:35 AM

216,000 jobs added in December, nearly doubling expectations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2024 12:43 PM

From my small environment I am beginning to think that the President does have a problem. I volunteer for an organization which is very liberal and staffed by a lot of young people. This is a "government is bad", "all we are saying is let's give peace a chance" type of organization and attitude. Should you listen only to them, President Biden has done nothing good at all. They have no thoughts on Trump at all. It's as if he doesn't exist. Yet, when I mention a few things that the President has done or the steps that are being taken to bring about a particular positive result, it's never good enough or my words just fall on deaf ears. Then I ask them about voting, and some will admit that they will not vote or have not voted in quite some time. I should point out that many of these people were HUGE Bernie supporters.

by Anonymousreply 150January 9, 2024 12:29 PM

[quote]This is a "government is bad", "all we are saying is let's give peace a chance" type of organization and attitude

And having read the rest of this, I can only say that AI Trolls are very sophisticated. That is a post that says a lot of very quiet, very ordinary statements about other people's anti Dem's opinions. The coup de grâce is the retro opinion of Bernie given to people who probably weren't old enough to vote.

What is the name of the organization, The Heritage Youth Foundation?

by Anonymousreply 151January 9, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote]What is the name of the organization, The Heritage Youth Foundation?

LOL! Nope. I shall not reveal the organization's name because it is under an organized attack, probably by The Heritage Youth Foundation. "Someone" is trying to pigeonhole the organization as a cult. It is not and while I don't wholeheartedly agree with many of its positions re government, etc it is an organization that does a lot of good work for the community!

by Anonymousreply 152January 9, 2024 3:44 PM

Smashing. Low unempliyment, but real wages at historical low Costs of living, food, rent at historical high. Majority toiling just to survive. Housing unaffordable to anyone but the richest. People living on the streets, in tent towns, in cars.

But is looks like it goes well for upper class, so they are convincing people to trust Msnbc before their own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 153January 9, 2024 4:13 PM

And yet, r153, people are traveling, gas is down, and everyone bought presents for a blockbuster Christmas.

If you didn't buy a house when money was free, you are an idiot.

You can trust your own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 154January 9, 2024 4:27 PM

^And DoorDash and GrubHub profits are off the charts!

by Anonymousreply 155January 9, 2024 4:32 PM

R154 exactly, money was free. Now the interest rates are at 22 years high That means that that there is a soaring inflation happening right in front of your nose, girlie. Soaring inflation is anything but great economy.

by Anonymousreply 156January 9, 2024 5:13 PM

r154 Interest rates are raised to combat inflation, It has controlled the rise of inflation, which is exactly what it was supposed to do. Here is the problem with zero percent interest, and unprecedented job growth people were spending money like water and corporations raised their prices, essentially price gouging because they could.

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2024 5:17 PM

[quote]Now the interest rates are at 22 years high That means that that there is a soaring inflation happening right in front of your nose, girlie.

Your definition of "soaring" is different than mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2024 5:22 PM

So, what used to cost 100 dollars two years ago and went up to 300 dollars in December, now costs only 309 dollars. Great success.

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2024 5:26 PM

R159 = Log Cabinette.

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2024 5:29 PM

Reality R160

by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2024 5:32 PM

[quote]So, what used to cost 100 dollars two years ago and went up to 300 dollars in December, now costs only 309 dollars.

What product would this be?

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2024 5:34 PM

161 is also:

*Why so many News Corp/Murdoch propaganda links on DL?*

[quote]R43 I have never seen a racist story from NY post on DL.

[quote]But if you mean that not censoring the news about for eg crime done by black person is racist, hm, that is problematic. Not only that you support censorship and dishonesty, but you act like a white savior, which is even more racist.

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2024 5:36 PM

^ r161

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2024 5:36 PM

R163 is this your picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 9, 2024 5:38 PM

R159, that same $100.00 you mentioned, is $122.84, in buying power, this year.

by Anonymousreply 166January 9, 2024 5:40 PM

It's impressive that his White House isn't prone to the leaks of past administrations. This demonstrates that he runs a tight ship.

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2024 5:43 PM

I feel with this election it is not ‘about the economy, stupid.’. I feel like (I sound like Deanna Troi) the Democrats have already ceded that to the Repuglicunts, who are much better at messaging. Biden needs to throw Harris out front to preach about abortion rights. Remind these fraus that it was Dump’s court that took that right away. Let Harris play to her strength to assuage some of the fears about Biden’s age(although I’d bet on Biden living longer than that orange shitpile anyway). Abortion Abortion Abortion. Bring me a knitting needle!

by Anonymousreply 168January 9, 2024 5:45 PM

The inflation has much more to do with corporation greed, using the pretext of the pandemic chain-supply problem to gouge customers, rather than the policies of the Biden Administration.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2024 5:45 PM

Girlies, trust me, if he had built a great economy everybody would know it.

by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2024 5:45 PM

[quote]I feel with this election it is not ‘about the economy, stupid.’. I feel like (I sound like Deanna Troi) the Democrats have already ceded that to the Repuglicunts, who are much better at messaging.

Not everyone agrees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote]Girlies, trust me, if he had built a great economy everybody would know it.

Not if you're being brain-fed 24/7 that it isn't. Even the very poor people have cell phones, tablets, and access to the internet. People are upset because they can't afford a NetFlix subscription?

by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2024 5:52 PM

Watch this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2024 5:54 PM

Hence the reason for the Obama visit to Biden telling him to get out of the casket and get him and his team to start campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2024 5:55 PM

Most of today's US economy is doing better than it has in basically 50 years. They need to promote it better. If Trump had this, he and his cohorts would be bloviating it several times a day.

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2024 5:55 PM

Do you do anything but troll, r170?

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2024 5:57 PM

The problem is not inflation it is corporate price gouging. Let's look at something simple, Coca-Cola. Pre-Covid it was common to see 2L bottles go for as little as 99 cents on sale, maybe 1.80 for a regular-priced bottle. Now 2 for 5 is the sale price, regular price is 3.00 a bottle. At least a 100% price increase. Now what exactly changed in manufacturing and transportation do double or triple the price of Coca-Cola? Nothing. Nothing that they could point to and say oh is the reason.

by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2024 5:57 PM

Democrats don't know how to advertise their accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2024 5:59 PM

[quote]Hence the reason for the Obama visit to Biden telling him to get out of the casket and get him and his team to start campaigning.

I don't know what to think of this. Now, the problem at times with Obama is that he can get a bit uppity and that's why he needs a Michelle around to straighten out his narrow ass. President Biden has been here a long time and around the block more than a few. He might know what he is doing.

But Obama, Biden, Michelle, and even Jill, are very savvy people. To make such a showing that Obama visited the WH might be a red herring for something else. I don't know. I'm still all up in the air about all of this.

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2024 6:02 PM

Trump is just blatantly lying now saying gas is 7-8-9 dollars a gallon in some places, getting live fact-checked.. "Gas buddy shows not one station in the nation with a 7 dollar a gallon price, let alone 8 or 9"

by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2024 6:05 PM

It’s funny his supporters fail to realize higher gas prices can signify a nation is more prosperous or developed.

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2024 6:09 PM

You know Millennials aren't going to vote for a Boomer. They have deep-seated rage against their more prosperous parents. They totally tune them out.

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote]Now, the problem at times with Obama is that he can get a bit uppity

Yes, massa. You sho' tole us, massa.

by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote]soaring inflation happening right in front of your nose, girlie.

Price gouging, soaring inflation, tomatoes, tahmahtoes.

I would be more inclined to call it inflation if CORPORATE FUCKING PROFITS WEREN'T SO HIGH.

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2024 11:10 PM

r184 exactly. If corporate profits reflected the "inflation" then yeah it would be inflation. When they raise prices and produce record profits...it's price gouging.

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2024 11:53 PM

Perception matters.

by Anonymousreply 186January 10, 2024 12:00 AM

Right R184/285 they call it greedflation.

by Anonymousreply 187January 10, 2024 6:03 AM

Not so sure it is a good thing. Rising GDP is based on big corporate profits that are taken out of your pocket. The economy gets richer and people get poorer. Boston globe says that the United States has avoided a feared recession with the help of surprisingly strong spending by consumers. So it is all based on price gouging.

Real economies with strong production are all in recession (see Germany and China).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 10, 2024 10:30 AM

And you shouldn't be so happy about GDP growth.

Look this European chart. Only passive economies with big social inequalities, based on consumption are growing thanks to price gouging, while productive economies are slowing down.

Montenegro and Albania on top and Germany and Sweden on bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 10, 2024 10:38 AM

[quote]The economy gets richer and people get poorer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 10, 2024 11:47 AM

"It’s clear that most workers saw their real wages decline throughout nearly all of 2021 and 2022. Positive real wage growth only resumed in February of this year."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 10, 2024 12:25 PM

US profits are at an all time high,but thanks to loopholes and offshore LLCs the taxes paid by corporations are at an all time low.

by Anonymousreply 192January 10, 2024 12:27 PM

"Wages have only been rising faster than inflation for the last 11 months" is not particularly strong support for your doom-and-gloom perspective, R191.

Yes, the post-covid economy has sucked for everyone but the mega-rich, but Americans have suffered less than their peers and it really does appear that things are on the upswing.

And I agree with the posters who say it's not so much inflation as it is price gouging by the mega rich corporations. Same effect for the consumers, yes, but the consumers are also at fault for not boycotting goods and services that have skyrocketed in price. The biggest increases in food prices over the past 12 months have been frozen noncarbonated juices and drinks, food from vending machines and mobile vendors, uncooked beef roasts, uncooked beef steaks, and beef and veal. You can live without those -- and if enough Americans do, prices will come down.

by Anonymousreply 193January 10, 2024 12:55 PM

r192 uhh no. It's because the orange cheeto permanently reduced corporate tax rates.

by Anonymousreply 194January 10, 2024 1:33 PM

He looks like someone who’s had a LOT of work done on his face.

by Anonymousreply 195January 10, 2024 1:37 PM

He’s an old man, R195.

by Anonymousreply 196January 10, 2024 4:33 PM

r189, Montenegro and Albania are thriving because of their low rates for International Money Laundering.

Because Montenegro has no extradition treaty and coast on the Adriatic, it is a Monaco for Russian Oligarchs. Albania has a better coastline so having residences in both is preferable, if you have to hop across to Montenegro. Plus, Albanian organized Crime is legendary. Albania and Montenegro are the Sicily and Calabria of the 21st Century for international Crime bosses.

I bet Trump is sorry he pushed the Montenegrin President...

by Anonymousreply 197January 10, 2024 5:41 PM

I just came across a video of Sean Hannity on X/Twitter, complaining that Biden had not done one single positive thing for the American people and that people would have to white-knuckle the nightmare of Bidenomics for one more year and that even Democrats themselves couldn't come up with one single positive argument for the Biden WH and people were in such a better place when Trump was President (you know a GDP contraction of 20% was the best economy in the history of the world).

No wonder study after study keep showing how Fox News viewers are less informed than people who are just not watching news at all.

by Anonymousreply 198January 10, 2024 6:00 PM

The Fox News crowd are not tuning in for "news". It's a tribal thing. Like following your favorite sports team or your WWE wrestler. They just want to hear some bit of nonsense that will validate their preconceived ideologies. This is what the Murdochs understood before they branched out to the UK and US. That presenting the lowest common denominator of rumor and misinformation to validate people prejudices sells.

by Anonymousreply 199January 10, 2024 7:11 PM

[quote]This is what the Murdochs understood before they branched out to the UK and US.

Well, isn't that the famous mantra and quote of the late Roger Ailes?

"I don't want to teach people how to think. I want to tell people what to think."

Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 200January 10, 2024 7:15 PM

It's probably a paraphrase but the sentiment is spot on. They want their listeners to be sheep rather than informed individuals capable of critical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 201January 10, 2024 7:18 PM

Completely understand how Joe must feel. I am beautiful, but no one seems to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 202January 10, 2024 8:34 PM

Okay...

What am I missing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 11, 2024 2:10 AM

r203 he is a fucking idiot. Watch the videos where he attacks Post Malone for no apparent reason.

by Anonymousreply 204January 12, 2024 1:33 PM

Typical guy who couldn't vote for Hillary.

Dumbass

by Anonymousreply 205January 12, 2024 3:21 PM

Consumers getting slightly more optimistic about the economy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2024 8:13 PM

Third Quarter GDP growth crushes expectations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 25, 2024 2:56 PM

congress is what sucks hard

by Anonymousreply 208January 25, 2024 2:57 PM

R202, me too, only substitute hung.

by Anonymousreply 209January 25, 2024 3:06 PM

How many of the people posting here about the economy doing better are of the Professional Managerial Class, who are going to do okay no matter what the economy is like? Because for working class people things are not better.

by Anonymousreply 210January 25, 2024 3:52 PM

[quote]Because for working class people things are not better.

I work at an Amazon FC.

I made more $$$ last year than I ever have in my life. My monthly student loan payment was reduced and I'm putting $$$ into a savings account without having to touch it in many many years.

by Anonymousreply 211January 25, 2024 4:08 PM

R211 My condo fee has gone up 200 dollars in the past 4 years. Most prices at the supermarket are significantly higher that they were, and many OTC medications have almost doubled in price. I'm not making any more money than I was 5 years ago. I take money out of my savings regularly until it has dwindled a lot. Glad you're doing better. And what about people on fixed incomes?

by Anonymousreply 212January 25, 2024 4:19 PM

R212...what it is you conservatives like to say? Something ...something ...boot straps?

by Anonymousreply 213January 25, 2024 4:35 PM

R213, I doubt R212 is a rightwinger. There is value to what he’s saying and Democrats shouldn’t be so close minded and defensive towards those complaints about the struggles of day to day life. The Democrats should be the party that embraces the struggle and offers solutions to people who feel left behind.

by Anonymousreply 214January 25, 2024 4:41 PM

New York Times article on the recession that never came and what it could mean for the future of economics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 26, 2024 9:17 PM

The cost of everything is due to corporate price gouging not inflation. Coca Cola has the nerve to charge close to 4 dollars for a 2 liiter now...when it was .99 cents pre covid.

by Anonymousreply 216January 27, 2024 12:58 AM

US adds 353,000 jobs in January, blowing past all expectations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 2, 2024 2:01 PM

Now that people don't watch the news anymore, talking down the economy doesn't have the same ef fects. You built an information free world, republicans, now the birds are coming home to roost

by Anonymousreply 218February 2, 2024 2:41 PM

I voted for Biden before and will do it again. The issue isn't Biden. The U.S. no longer has a functioning government that represents the people. The government is a facade for corporate interests. Wages have stagnated for decades at this point and the greedy corporate piggies are finding ever more ways to people's wallets. Whether it is hoovering up real estate or attaching subscription fees to everything, making health care an ever more 'for profit' enterprise to the point that the whole system is teetering on collapse, price gouging on consumer goods, etc., the corporations are ceaseless. And, while the Democrats (of which I am one) are saner than the Republicans, they are just as beholden to corporate interests.

I agree with the poster upthread who noted that it is the professional managerial class who mostly doesn't see how bad things have gotten because they are still in a high-enough bracket with enough discretionary funds to buffer the effects of the economy. I am in the 10% and many in my cohort are reveling in their overseas vacations and booming accounts. Most are blind to what is going on until it slaps them in the face, e.g., they get laid off at 50, their college graduate kids moving back home for a span of years because of the lack of affordable housing or those who watch the $$$ fly out the window when their elderly parents have to go into a shitty assisted living facility. Even then, they really do not get how hard it is now for the working class or the quickly vanishing middle class.

I appreciate what Biden has done, but there is no 'good' economy for the majority of folks.

by Anonymousreply 219February 2, 2024 2:46 PM

R213 I wouldn't know because I'm not a conservative. Joe Biden is more conservative that I am. I'm more of a Socialist.

by Anonymousreply 220February 2, 2024 6:53 PM

Japan goes into recession. A glimpse of what could’ve happened here in America if not for Mighty Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 15, 2024 12:22 PM

Japan grew by 1.3% last year and is projected to grow by 1.2% this year. This "recession" is on account of the weakening of the yen and the Central Bank of Japan refusing to strengthen it because they prefer slight inflation after decades of deflation, for now.

Germany, now the third largest economy, is in bigger shit. People there don't want any more immigration, but their economy needs 300k new immigrants each year just to function properly, let alone grow.

by Anonymousreply 222February 15, 2024 12:32 PM

MORE OF THIS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 29, 2024 6:52 PM

Well, this ruined Kristen Welker's morning...

MORE OF THIS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 5, 2024 12:09 PM

OH, MY!

MORE OF THIS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 6, 2024 8:18 PM

303,000 jobs added in March, surpassing all expectations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 5, 2024 12:38 PM

^WOWEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 227April 5, 2024 12:40 PM

President Biden Built a Great Economy But Nobody Seems to Know It

At least the oligarchs cashing in think Joe did well. The $500,000 a ticket fundraiser shows that.

by Anonymousreply 228April 5, 2024 1:14 PM

“It’s the inflation, stupid.” A card with that statement printed on it should be sent to everyone questioning the public’s response.

[quote] 303,000 jobs added in March, surpassing all expectations

Well, if you are someone like me who has a lot of cash savings at the moment, that’s good news, as it leads to keeping interest rates elevated longer.

by Anonymousreply 229April 5, 2024 1:46 PM

The inflation we are still feeling is by the gouging of the big corporate monopolies. For the last 3 years they have made record breaking profits.

by Anonymousreply 230April 5, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote] 303,000 jobs added in March, surpassing all expectations

Usually they wait two weeks and in a late Friday release correct the numbers sharply downward.

by Anonymousreply 231April 5, 2024 3:30 PM

President Biden Built a Great Economy. Why That's Bad for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 232April 5, 2024 3:31 PM

[QUOTE] Usually they wait two weeks and in a late Friday release correct the numbers sharply downward.

Wanker.

by Anonymousreply 233April 5, 2024 3:39 PM

New jobs are mainly in hospitality and the layoffs in the tech sector. Hospitality jobs don’t pay shit as compared with tech. Inflation at the grocery store is still high and utilities are soaring.

People are pissed.

by Anonymousreply 234April 5, 2024 3:45 PM

People are pissed. They’re always pissed—when’s the last time Americans were happy? They have myriad things to be upset about, but finding a job is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 235April 5, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote]New jobs are mainly in hospitality and the layoffs in the tech sector. Hospitality jobs don’t pay shit as compared with tech. Inflation at the grocery store is still high and utilities are soaring. Usually they wait two weeks and in a late Friday release correct the numbers sharply downward.

I've come to detest people the ones highlighted in the quote. Whine, whine, whine, complain, complain, complain! "Government can't do this.... government can't do that". Or, "government should be doing this... government should be doing that." Yet, when you ask them what they are doing as an individual to make change and/or make things better, you usually learn that they aren't doing shit.

LOOK... this is GOOD news for our nation. It's GOOD NEWS whether one is Democrat, Republican, Independent, Communist, or whatever! Could things be better? OF COURSE! But this is what this is at the moment. Are hospitality jobs low-paying? Yes, they can be but they're better than nothing! Just look at the many migrants in NYC that need work and WANT to work! It's all a start to build upon something better.

Just accept and enjoy the good news!

And, may God BLESS America--especially with the many idiots (like those quoted here) that we have to deal with!

by Anonymousreply 236April 5, 2024 5:11 PM

330K new jobs added this quarter. GO DARK BRANDON

by Anonymousreply 237April 5, 2024 5:17 PM

Go back to bed President Biden r236

by Anonymousreply 238April 5, 2024 5:32 PM

Obama put Biden in charge of the 2008 recovery of the W. Bush economic implosion.

Biden was in congress when Reagan fucked up the Savings and Loans.

Biden is the expert on the American economic recovery from Republican malfeasance. Republicans only care about how much cash the rich can wring out of a recovery. The result is that EVERY FUCKING RECOVERY had been PAINFUL. People thrown out of work, unemployment skyrocketing, inflation out of control hiding corporate profiteering and GREEDFLATION. Parts of the economy never recovered fully from the 2008 fuck up of the economy.

PAIN, PAIN, PAIN, AND SUFFERING BECAUSE OF REPUBLICANS FUCKING UP THE ECONOMY. Americans EXPECT pain and suffering after Republicans fuck up the economy.

Then along come Republicans fucking up the pandemic. Fucking up the pandemic response and fucking up the economy, and we elect Joe Biden. Joe Biden who knows the economy. Joe Biden who knows that the objective of a recovery is a HEALTHY ECONOMY FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS. And Joe Biden who has a Congress he can work with.

But Joe knows he needs to feed the REPUBLICAN GREED MONSTERS in Congress, and he floods them with PPP cash, and he FLOODS the states with billions of dollars under the ARPA, and he starts infrastructure projects all over the fucking place invigorating local economies.

All the while, regular Americans are WAITING FOR THE PAIN THAT WILL NEVER COME Because Biden is such an economic genius. Biden should get the Nobel Prize in Economics for his flooding the economy with cash.

The fucking TRUMP RECESSION and all the PAIN THAT COMES WITH A REPUBLICAN RECOVERY is never going to happen.

People remember pain and suffering. Americans need to figure out that pain and suffering and REPUBLICAN PROFITEERING are not necessary for a recover. It is the lack of pain that stupefies regular Americans.

by Anonymousreply 239April 5, 2024 5:35 PM

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Says He’ll Make No Endorsement In 2024 Presidential Race:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 5, 2024 5:40 PM

^And, so he feels he "must" make this announcement for whom and for what?

by Anonymousreply 241April 5, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote] I've come to detest people the ones highlighted in the quote. Whine, whine, whine, complain, complain, complain!

So people like yourself on DL who are constantly complaining, including, ironically, complaining about others complaining.

by Anonymousreply 242April 5, 2024 6:04 PM

[quote] All the while, regular Americans are WAITING FOR THE PAIN THAT WILL NEVER COME Because Biden is such an economic genius.

Do you hear that, regular Americans? All the suffering from the Biden inflation you’ve endured must have been only imaginary, since actual pain will never come, according to DL’s lunatic who types with all caps.

by Anonymousreply 243April 5, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote]Do you hear that, regular Americans? All the suffering from the Biden inflation you’ve endured must have been only imaginary, since actual pain will never come, according to DL’s lunatic who types with all caps.

Because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and He will never leave me alone just as he promised. The sun will rise tomorrow!

OH, GLORY!

HALELLUJAH!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 5, 2024 6:31 PM

[quote]New jobs are mainly in hospitality

"Health care led with 72,000 new jobs, followed by government (71,000), leisure and hospitality (49,000), and construction (39,000)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 5, 2024 6:33 PM

Biden needs to be nominated for the Nobel in Economics.

by Anonymousreply 246April 5, 2024 6:35 PM

r243 in case you missed it. The world suffered inflation due to Russia invading Ukraine. Biden has done a fantastic job minimizing it. Check out inflation rates in the US vs the rest of the world. Why one would think Putin invaded Ukraine to make Trump look good, but then that would just be conspiracy, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 247April 5, 2024 6:37 PM

[quote]All the suffering from the Biden inflation you’ve endured must have been only imaginary

No, the GREEDFLATION is real. Corporate profits are up, sized are down, and you can tell that the economy is booming when grocerie stores need to boost their profits by merging.

by Anonymousreply 248April 5, 2024 6:38 PM

Oh, dear r248!

by Anonymousreply 249April 5, 2024 6:39 PM

Oh, FUCKING DEAR Troll @ r249.

r248

by Anonymousreply 250April 5, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote]Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Says He’ll Make No Endorsement In 2024 Presidential Race:

But how am I supposed to know who to vote for? I always rely on his political astuteness to tell me who to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 251April 5, 2024 7:18 PM

Biden's challenge: Americans are idiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 5, 2024 7:36 PM

Dems are so bad with PR and propaganda. They should just hire the Lincoln Project from now on.

by Anonymousreply 253April 5, 2024 7:39 PM

R253 I believe they are great at propaganda, they convinced people they are leftists who care about ordinary people, while the only one who prospered from their policies are their billionaire donors. They have only fucked up with Israel. They have been bitching about this white supremacy for ages and their voters see Israelis as such and it became messy (I believe that actual white supremacists are their billionaire donors because they are white and screwing all the world).

by Anonymousreply 254April 5, 2024 8:59 PM

Who in hell sees gas for less than $3.15 a gallon? It's hard to see a great economy when house and rent prices keep soaring and everytime you go food shopping you see prices increasing. I mean like every week. Immigrants flooding through the borders taking money and housing for citizens. This is what people see. It is right in front of their noses and eating voraciously into their incomes. So just because you're a Dem doesn't mean you have to be as fucking stupid as a republican. Biden has some real problems to deal with that hit Americans head on. And cut it with the Maga shit and maybe look around you and see what the average person has to deal with. It's like if you criticize an African American for any valid reason it makes you automatically a racist. You don't have to be a rethug to worry about how much your rent is going to go up and how much you're going to have to increase your food budget this week. Maybe you're all Kennedys so none of this affects you. I don't want Trump in a million years but Biden has some real problems with inflation that statisticians are not considering. Oh but it's worse in the rest of the world. People don't give a shit about the rest of the world. They've got their own problems to deal with

by Anonymousreply 255April 5, 2024 9:02 PM

Yes, Joe should wave his magic inflation reduction wand and put us out of our misery.

Meanwhile:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 5, 2024 9:37 PM

Prices of things like food, cleaning supplies. over the counter medicines have often doubled in only a few years. It doesn't matter to average people what "the economy" is like when they aren't making more money but their purchases, rent, condo fees, etc. are going way up. Don't expect me to believe that none of you notice. Even if you evidently have enough money not to be really affected by it.

by Anonymousreply 257April 6, 2024 12:07 AM

My overall weekly grocery has gone up about 35% percent over the last 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 258April 6, 2024 1:21 AM

Gasoline prices are rising again. The last time Joe artificially pushed them back down with huge oil sales from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Unfortunately he then neglected to refill the reserves while it was afforable to do so.

DoE said earlier this year it planned to refill the SPR by the end of the year. The bulk of the “refill” seems to be coming from canceled sales from the SPR rather than from buying additional volumes.

The U.S. saw the stockpiles of crude oil in the SPR fall from 638 million barrels at President Joe Biden’s inauguration to just 347 million barrels by the summer of 2023 as the administration tried to bring down gasoline prices for consumers by releasing over 180 million barrels from the SPR.

The large sell-off in the country’s safety supply of crude oil was met with criticism. Also met with criticism has been the administration’s slow response to falling oil prices. Now prices are trending higher again, placing a barrier in front of further purchases. The pause in new SPR buys could extend if expectations of a prolonged oil price rally materialize.

Typical Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 6, 2024 7:01 AM

So R259... what's your alternative?

by Anonymousreply 260April 6, 2024 1:15 PM

So [R259]... what's your TRUMP alternative?

Fixed it.

I believe that it involves monopolizing Global Oil prices, and fucking the EU over energy prices.

by Anonymousreply 261April 6, 2024 4:01 PM

Is that going to be the Biden campaign’s strategy for handling the issues from problems Biden caused? “No one else can fix these problems either, so we might as well stick with the person who caused them.” A material number of voters are unlikely to go for that.

by Anonymousreply 262April 6, 2024 9:10 PM

Sure, Jan @ r262...keep trolling.

by Anonymousreply 263April 6, 2024 9:15 PM

So somebody says something honest and they're a troll. Dems are as bad as rethugs. Wake up people. Mr. Bob Jr is going to take a lot of votes away from Biden and we may end up with Trump in the White House. It's like nobody can criticize a member of their own family. They automatically become a mortal enemy. Dems sure are touchy. No Biden is not a God. I'm holding my nose when I vote for him. I'll be saying shit we couldn't do better?

And if you think this is a great economy you sure as hell haven't been buying anything over the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 264April 7, 2024 2:26 AM

Fuck off r264. Closet MAGAT. Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 265April 7, 2024 2:37 AM

You fuck off you very very stupid piece of garbage. Why don't you just lick Joe's asshole every time he takes a shit. You would find it very tasty I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 266April 7, 2024 2:42 AM

R266, piece of giant turd. No one is licking anyone’s asshole except for you licking Dump’s. I’m sure you’re slobbering.

by Anonymousreply 267April 7, 2024 2:50 AM

Are we sure that RFK won't be getting Republican votes as well? He is a strong anti-vaxxer.

by Anonymousreply 268April 7, 2024 3:43 AM

[quote] Are we sure that RFK won't be getting Republican votes as well?

You can see for yourself how he affects the race in all the polls that ask both the head to head question and the question of Biden and Trump + the others.

by Anonymousreply 269April 7, 2024 3:54 AM

[quote]So somebody says something honest and they're a troll.

No, people saying something honestly are stating an honest opinion.

That is why you are a troll, r264.

by Anonymousreply 270April 7, 2024 4:11 AM

[quote]So somebody says something honest and they're a troll. Dems are as bad as rethugs. Wake up people. Mr. Bob Jr is going to take a lot of votes away from Biden and we may end up with Trump in the White House. It's like nobody can criticize a member of their own family. They automatically become a mortal enemy. Dems sure are touchy. No Biden is not a God. I'm holding my nose when I vote for him. I'll be saying shit we couldn't do better? And if you think this is a great economy you sure as hell haven't been buying anything over the last few years.

So, the purpose/objective of your posts is what?

by Anonymousreply 271April 7, 2024 7:19 AM

R7

[quote] Many Americans stupidly believe that the president "runs" everything. They have no understanding of how government operates or the separation of powers. The deplorables think Trump was busy all day "running" the country when he actually was sitting on his fat ass, tweeting and watching Fox News.

But the same is true for the current government and Biden. Unless he commands troops and a handful of other occasions, the US president has very little power.

by Anonymousreply 272April 7, 2024 9:20 AM

Supporters explicitly give Biden credit for anything and everything positive that happens. You can't do that without assigning Biden the blame for bad things that happen.

by Anonymousreply 273April 7, 2024 9:40 AM

I agree, R273. But I again ask the question; What is your alternative?

by Anonymousreply 274April 7, 2024 11:05 AM

It's just incredible what a strong economy you have under the current circumstances of high interest rates, and you're *still* bitching about it.

by Anonymousreply 275April 7, 2024 11:09 AM

Exactly, R275! That's why I always ask these folks... WHAT IS THEIR ALTERNATIVE?

Look... I like President Biden and I support him. However, I'm not happy with some of the things that he has done or... haven't done. I'm upset that there has been no substantial movement re education--specifically free-to-low cost junior college education. But what's the alternative? A person and party that don't mention education at all? Or, mention education only in respect of banning books (dictating what I can and cannot read) and restricting what I can learn?

I'm upset that voting rights have not been strengthened. But what's the alternative? A person and party that are quite clear they will restrict the right to vote?

I don't like what is happening in Gaza/Israel. But what's the alternative? A person and party that advocates Muslim bans etc?

I don't like what's going on with women's rights. But at least President Biden is trying to fight for the rights of women and expand women's healthcare and research. What's the alternative? I don't believe I've heard the Republicans speak about the rights of women, let alone their healthcare.

On and on...

Yes, I can bitch and moan too. But, what alternatives do I have and/or offering which will move me closer to those things that I value personally and for the nation?

by Anonymousreply 276April 7, 2024 12:27 PM

Don’t forget too that Congress is needed to enact many of those things, r276, and while I know Biden is committed to help resolve those issues, he has a totally inept lower house who is only there to do Dump’s bidding. We could have had a lot of things, but they won’t pass anything that makes Biden look good, on orders of their fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 277April 7, 2024 1:22 PM

That's very true, R277. However, one of my life's mantras is "If you persist you will prevail!" If nothing else... President Biden is persisting! I pray he will eventually prevail! Yes, I wish more was done and more could get done too but I can't fault the President who is still at the table and still in the fight!

by Anonymousreply 278April 7, 2024 1:32 PM

The price of things has nothing to do with Biden. It has to do with the oil industry just jacking up prices. When Fracking was big, people were setting their prices for oil and the prices plummeted. OPEC said never again and killed production and raised prices. Then Russia invaded Ukraine, and the refusal to buy Russian oil jacked it up more. People had to accept the new prices, and they blamed Biden. Other companies followed suit. They just jacked up prices because, why the hell not. People just accept it. Look at the hate for EVs from the right.

by Anonymousreply 279April 7, 2024 2:12 PM

And these morons are in here saying Joe has “no solutions” when he’s trying to wean us off gasoline with EVs and hybrids which these same morons denounce! You tired of gasoline prices randomly spiking due to some unseen hand at OPEC? Then get an EV and stop buying gasoline! Or buy a hybrid which for most drivers would cut their gas bill substantially.

by Anonymousreply 280April 7, 2024 2:27 PM

r271, the goal is to continue spreading disinformation opinions as facts.

It is the essence of Fox Entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 281April 7, 2024 3:05 PM

The Democratic Party is a big umbrella that is inclusive. So there are always factions that support their candidate less enthusiastically than others. The Republican party is exclusionary. That is why Republicans band together and vote for their candidate regardless of his qualifications, background or whether they agree with the party platform, or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 282April 7, 2024 3:32 PM

Will somebody make it make sense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 7, 2024 4:41 PM

We actually have a Parlimentary system with the Progressive Democrats caucusing with the Liberal Centrist Democrats and the Traditional Conservative Republicans causing with the Trump MAGA Republicans.

The Never Trumprers of the Traditional Republicans will sink Trump.

They have 7 months to become Republicans for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 284April 7, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] The Never Trumprers of the Traditional Republicans will sink Trump.

People shouldn’t count on that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 7, 2024 5:52 PM

r285, we never count on anything, we simply encourage...

by Anonymousreply 286April 7, 2024 6:47 PM

R285, you should know Newsweek is a piece of shit publication. Why don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 287April 7, 2024 7:04 PM

I agree, R287. I have become very circumspect of articles as such (because of the work I did--Investor Relations). I know that there are MANY ways that articles (and writers) are paid to write pieces and push them. No one will ever convince me that David Ignacious of the NYT was not paid in some way and somehow to write that Biden "hit" piece that ran in the paper a few months ago. While anything is possible and there could be truth to such articles, I tend to view them with some skepticism.

by Anonymousreply 288April 7, 2024 7:18 PM

Never Trumpers my ass. More people voted for trump in 2020 than they did in 2016. Republicans will fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 289April 7, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote]More people voted for trump in 2020 than they did in 2016. Republicans will fall in line.

But more people (significantly more) voted for President Biden than they did for Trump in 2020 AND 2016. Democracy shall and will prevail. Trump will lose!

by Anonymousreply 290April 7, 2024 7:26 PM

Dan Pfeiffer @danpfeiffeR

Last week, Trump went on a national radio to accusee Joe Biden of delivering the State of the Union while high on cocaine. Most of the media ignored this deranged accusation. The reasons why help explain how the press inadvertently normalizes the dangerously abnormal Trump

The coverage of the interview was emblematic of the press’s attitude towards Trump. He does a rally or interview filled with insane, incoherent ramblings and then the news clips the most coherent 30-45 seconds to air as part of the package.

Because Joe Biden is a serious person who tells the truth, the press holds him to an exponentially higher standard than Trump.

Imagine if @JoeBiden went on @PodSaveAmerica to talk about his agenda, but at one point toward the end of the interview, he casually mentioned that Trump used cocaine. Would the press ignore him? Of course not. It would be a major story.

by Anonymousreply 291April 7, 2024 8:23 PM

r287, you are saying that Eric Levine didn't say he will be voting for Trump and that the quotes attributed to him are false? Do you have some evidence of that?

by Anonymousreply 292April 7, 2024 9:09 PM

R289

Fun Fact:

In 2016 47% of female voters cast their vote for Trump.

In 2020 51% of female voters cast their vote for Trump.

Therefore, 4% more women voted for Trump after seeing his performance as president for 4 years. We should have expected a drop of supporters rather than an increase. Make from that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 293April 7, 2024 9:11 PM

R293, source please? A Google search fro Roper shows Dump getting 41 percent in 2016 and 42 percent in 2020. The link to 2020 is below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 7, 2024 9:22 PM

Gurlinas, if president is so powerless and has no impact on economy, inflation, foreign policies, financing foreign wars, border policy, crime rates etc. why all the fuss about Trump? Why do you care so much who will be the next weeping fig in white house.

by Anonymousreply 295April 8, 2024 9:35 AM

Fun Fact: Dodd Decision, June 24, 2022.

Two years into the first Biden Administration after an 8 Million voter win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 296April 8, 2024 11:23 AM

r296 you same thinging again. The president cannot control inflation, only manage it. Biden and the fed raised the interest rates to slow spending and it worked. Again look at the inflation all over the world vs the US.

by Anonymousreply 297April 8, 2024 1:27 PM

R292, I’m saying that the fact that Eric Levine said that means nothing and Newsweek prints garbage stories like that to get clicks.

I love that r293 upvoted his post four times, when the facts have been proved to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 298April 8, 2024 1:30 PM

Btw, my post about r293 was meant to be sarcastic. ^.

by Anonymousreply 299April 8, 2024 1:31 PM

[QUOTE] Gurlinas, if president is so powerless and has no impact on economy, inflation, foreign policies, financing foreign wars, border policy, crime rates etc.

Nobody said that, R295.

by Anonymousreply 300April 8, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote]Steven Rattner @SteveRattner "The US is on track to grow at double the rate of any other G7 country this year, according to IMF forecasts, as the strength of the world’s biggest economy rocks global markets."

But then...

[quote]Chuck Schumer @SenSchumer 23m Republicans are actually trying to increase credit card fees. They're doing the bidding of the big credit card companies and leaving the American people out to dry. Democrats will not allow the Republicans' bill to become law.

Why can't Democrats use this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 16, 2024 5:37 PM

R301, you understand that large growth at this moment in time will produce more inflation, don’t you? Growth would be good if we weren’t in the midst of dealing with the persistent Bidenflation.

by Anonymousreply 302April 16, 2024 7:15 PM

What's your alternatives/solutions, R302?

by Anonymousreply 303April 16, 2024 7:50 PM

R392, we are in a transitional economy from fossil fuels to renewables; inflation is going to be a given.

by Anonymousreply 304April 16, 2024 9:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!