Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aubrey Plaza

What do you think of her? I like her even though she's not the weirdo outsider she presents herself as. There are many reasons for that. Most recently the milk ad controversy. She's just as phony and money hungry as any other actor/celeb, but like I said, she's still a fun entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2024 6:15 PM

Fascinating thoughts, OP

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2023 4:30 PM

Actors have bills to pay and occasionally do adverts. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2023 5:30 PM

I don’t know her but I don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2023 5:33 PM

Hated her character on Parks and Rec. The character was one-note with no redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2023 5:49 PM

R4 I agree, April Ludgate was funny to me in the beginning, but they really screwed up what they could've done with her. Her getting married to Andy didn't make sense, and she seemed to get more childish and one-note as the show went on. As with all of the characters in Parks n Rec. I really like Aubrey in Ingrid Goes West, The Little Hours and White Lotus. Also she did a great job hosting the Spirit Awards and SNL.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2023 6:09 PM

She's basically this generation's Bill Murray, but I wish she lived up to her offbeat persona in real life.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2023 1:41 AM

Interesting R4, I was going to say one-note as well. I find her just awful. The WSJ's film critic, R Kyle Smith loathes her as well.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2023 1:57 AM

A lot of these celebrities want to have their cake and eat it too. They really push the envelope at times. Anti-corporate/capitalism hypocrisy, #MeToo hypocrisy, tax dodging schemes, etc. The worst are the ones who do business with dictators.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2023 12:44 PM

She definitely has a schtick.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2023 1:05 PM

Loved her on White Lotus.

The milk ad seemed tone deaf and a bad choice for her, career-wise. I mean, first, she's doing commercials when she's at a career high and should be doing movies. Then it's for freaking MILK and it's mocking plant-based milks that her core audience likely identifies with. Just a dumb move all around.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2023 1:31 PM

Aubrey Plaza sounds like a place johns pick up whores.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2023 1:34 PM

She probably has residual brain damage from the stroke she had years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2023 1:35 PM

I don’t understand how people talk about shows like Parks and Rec and 30 Rock as high art instead of low level drivel headed by women who are more ambitious then they are funny. It barely qualifies as trash TV.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2023 1:50 PM

She was terribly miscast as a hitwoman on Criminal Minds. She was completely unbelievable. But she was cute.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2023 2:38 PM

Who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2023 2:38 PM

R13, that's the best description yet for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2023 2:42 PM

I thought her White Lotus character was a snotty bitch, undeserving of her hot Hapa husband.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2023 3:00 PM

Watched P&R but wasn't a fan of her. Her shtick is boring and her rolling bug eyes bother me. She's a one-trick pony.

Wearing her dress backwards to show her tits off while presenting at the Oscars (?) with that sullen Wednesday bitch was a grubby famewhore move.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2023 3:06 PM

Why was sullen Wednesday at the Oscars. Wasn’t that a streaming show?

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2023 3:08 PM

^ Sorry, it was the SAG awards. Fuck! Should've looked it up but couldn't be bothered at the time.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2023 3:13 PM

I like her; she's kind of unconventional - doesn't just play the same part over & over again. She's cute & has a great bod, but is no great beauty, so that makes a her a good "every woman" type character actor. I liked her as droll smartass April Ludgate

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2023 5:58 PM

She has a stankin bod tho

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2023 7:47 PM

I don't believe she has commented on the milk ad controversy?

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2023 10:34 PM

Same old shtick. Phony. Not funny. Ugly. Hate her.

-- Madame Bijou, AKA nasty bitter DL Eldergay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2023 10:44 PM

R17, the whole point to White Lotus is that they're all horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2023 11:44 AM

How is Plaza pronounced in her native language?

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Kristen Stewart should have ended up with her in Happiest Season. Fuck Harper! I also liked Ingrid Goes West.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2023 1:05 PM

Her latest…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2024 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!