Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remedies for Inflammation

Does anyone have some good, natural remedies for inflammation?

I have gout, swollen feet, and general puffiness.

I'm otherwise healthy, but I can't stand this. And it only came about in the past couple of years.

It would be nice If anyone here could provide me with any ideas for a daily dose of anti-inflammatory something or other.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2024 7:32 PM

Ejaculation is the first and best option for an inflamed penis.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2023 7:01 PM

A friend drinks cherry juice for her gout.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2023 7:01 PM

I've heard that before R2, but not very many places sell cherry juice.

Where does she get it from?

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2023 7:03 PM

Over-the-counter supplements:

Omega-3

Vitamin D

Magnesium

Curcumin

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2023 7:05 PM

Forget natural. Get steroids.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2023 7:07 PM

Will a "One A Day" vitamin do the trick R4, versus taking separate pills for the four you listed?

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2023 7:07 PM

You have to avoid inflammatory foods like sugar, fried foods, refined carbohydrates, etc.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2023 7:08 PM

If only you had what we in the West know colloquially call "a doctor."

If only.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2023 7:09 PM

[QUOTE] I've heard that before but not very many places sell cherry juice. Where does she get it from?

Wegmans.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2023 7:09 PM

Prednisone

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2023 7:17 PM

Tart cherry vitamins sold on Amazon. It will reduce your levels of Uris acid and you will feel better within 24 hours. Always keep the, on hand for flare ups. BTDT. These really do work. They also sell them at vitamin stores and grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2023 7:20 PM

Lots of water every day. Not mineral water, not sweetened water, just regular water. Seems counterintuitive, but all that swelling *will* improve with increased hydration. Avoid diuretics. Natural unsweetened nettle tea also works wonders and it's cheap if you don't want to gather it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2023 7:23 PM

Here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2023 7:23 PM

Thank you, R11!!

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2023 7:24 PM

Liposomal curcumin, luteolin, rutin, tart cherry extract or concentrate, palmitoylethanolamide, bromelain, nattokinaise, serratiopeptidase, boswellia Serratia, green tea extract, grape seed extract, high quality DHA/EPS fish or krill oil, black seed oil, berberine, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) from borage oil or evening primrose oil, N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC), ginger or ginger extract, sulforaphane, and I'll toss in frequent (4x weekly) sauna use as a bonus. All of these are very good for inflammation

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2023 7:40 PM

Avoid beer and red meat.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2023 8:05 PM

Raw cherries, 10 a day. If not available, cherry juice (usually labeled as tart cherry juice). It will relieve your gout in no time. Any brand will do but be sure it's real juice and not cocktail or whatever they label watered down juices. Most grocery stores carry it, also Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or any health store.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote] Lots of water every day. Not mineral water, not sweetened water, just regular water. Seems counterintuitive, but all that swelling *will* improve with increased hydration

Thanks, R12.

You're right. I was avoiding water because I thought it would make me swell up more.

[quote] Avoid beer and red meat.

It's why I have gout in the first place.

I love beer and steak.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2023 1:41 AM

Those are all conditions of failing kidneys. Get a nephrologist.

And OP, do you have nice stuff?

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2023 1:47 AM

R5 there is a One-A-Day 'allegedly' formulate for men. It's not expensive, < $8. Try it to see if it helps.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2023 3:32 PM

Whip Inflammation Now!

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2023 6:08 PM

Here you are, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2024 8:12 PM

[quote]Berries, fatty fish, nuts, leafy greens, oatmeal, and olive oil can all be part of an anti-inflammatory diet. But it's best to include a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. What meat is anti-inflammatory? The Mediterranean diet includes anti-inflammatory omega-3 rich fatty fish

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2024 8:19 PM

If you haven’t reduced your meat consumption that might help the gout.

You can sign up for Eating Well emails or check their website. They are constantly offering anti inflammatory tips and recipes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2024 8:46 PM

Aspirin does what no other pain pill does.

by Anonymousreply 25April 21, 2024 11:11 PM

Supposedly not eating foods high in lectins.

by Anonymousreply 26April 21, 2024 11:15 PM

Intake of vitamin C from supplements (about 400 mg to 500 mg daily) has been associated with reduced risk of gout in men, although higher doses do not appear to have added benefit.

Food and supplements that may reduce uric acid levels but may or may not reduce gout flare-ups:

Milk-based proteins, including whey protein, appear to reduce blood levels of uric acid by increasing the excretion of uric acid in the urine (Nabuco, Scand J Med Sci Sports 2019).

Eating fish low in purines (such as salmon, tuna and tilapia) as part of the diet may be helpful for people with gout. There is no evidence that taking fish oil supplements is helpful for gout (although they do not contain purines).

Drinking lemon juice equivalent to one or two fresh lemons daily for 6 weeks has been shown to reduce uric acid levels in people with elevated levels (Wang, Scientia Horticulturae 2017; Biernatkaluza, Ann Rheum Dis 2015). Lemon juice is thought to stimulate the release of calcium carbonate from the pancreas, which helps neutralize uric acid in the blood and urine. However, it is unclear if drinking lemon juice can prevent gout flares.

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2024 11:24 PM

Seed oils high in Omega 6 are inflammatory particularly soybean oil and corn oil.

For example, Coffee Mate Coffee Creamer has soybean oil in it so I switched to the Natural Bliss Creamer which does not have oils.

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2024 11:31 PM

[quote] I have gout, swollen feet, and general puffiness.

Mister Feder, you BELONG in New Jersey!

by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2024 11:38 PM

Remedies will not help get your ass to a rheumatologist

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 12:20 AM

Until you see a doctor, ice your feet.

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2024 12:39 AM

I can recommend a variety of the systemic anti inflammatories supplements that I take but you need to figure out that is causing your particular issues before just throwing anti inflammatories at it

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2024 12:59 AM

Tumeric

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2024 1:05 AM

Supplements do nothing for gout

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2024 12:57 PM

r34 Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties. Some research suggests that curcumin may help reduce inflammation and pain associated with gout.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 1:21 PM

[Quote] curcumin may

R35 it may not too

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2024 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!