Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone watching Will Trent?

Ramon Rodriguez is super hot but I find his Brooklyn-Latino accent on the show very affected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2024 12:06 AM

I watched the pilot. He is indeed hot in a three-piece, and I liked the tiny dog, but I can’t generate interest in what appeared to be a formulaic police procedural.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2023 3:00 AM

I watched the two parter pilot and then a couple more episodes. Then, I stopped. I might come back to it. Do Zack from Saved by the Bell and Jennifer Morrison appear in any more episodes?

I like the Will/ Angie dynamic. Erika Christensen is really good. She’s lost weight too.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2023 3:06 AM

I watched the whole season. I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2023 3:12 AM

R3 - Do we see Zack again?

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2023 3:31 AM

R4 He's only in the pilot and episode 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2023 3:36 AM

Thanks R5. Any other big guest stars?

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2023 3:56 AM

Enjoy it a lot. High quality production and good casting.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2023 4:14 AM

Will has a southern accent.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2023 4:33 AM

Fantastic show.

Love it.

They finally say that his mother was Puerto Rican. So now he’s a Latino. Morales was his moms last name.

She was killed early on and never knew her son. I think.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2023 5:00 AM

R4 R5 If Zach is Mark-Paul Gosselaar, his name is in the opening credits for episode 12, which ran last night (4/25/23). I haven't seen him yet, but I'm only five minutes in.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2023 2:19 PM

The accent is distracting, but he is super hot.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2023 3:22 PM

R10 - yes, Mark-Paul Gosselaar is Zach.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2023 4:10 PM

The boss is played by one of The Wire detectives.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2023 4:37 AM

I thought those to beat cops could have their own show!

They were great.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2023 11:12 PM

Interview with Erika Christensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2023 11:44 PM

I liked it. They have renewed it for a 2nd season. He really is hot and yeah, Erika Christensen is very good. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2023 11:57 PM

Are they getting a full 22 episode season?

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2023 12:37 AM

According to IMDB, r17, tonight's episode (#13) is the last of the season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2023 12:55 AM

R18- I meant a full 22 for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2023 12:58 AM

The is a two-hour “Series Finale” tonight, but by the description it sounds like it’s just the last two episodes combined into one show.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2023 12:04 AM

It was, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2023 6:48 PM

I read a couple of Karin Slaughter books back in the day, had no idea they were adapted.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2024 9:28 AM

It’s a great series. It should be coming back soon.

I wonder if they’re going to let him explore the fact that he’s actually Latino. Is he going to want to learn Spanish? He might. There are lots of possibilities for this new year.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2024 1:12 AM

Last year Mark-Paul Gosselaar was in Found with Kelli Williams and Will Trent with Lisa Gay Hamilton, both from The Practice. He just has to guest on Law And Order with Camryn Mannheim and make a Hallmark movie with Marla Sokoloff and that’s all the women of Donnell, Young, Dole and Frutt.

May as well add FBI with Dylan McDermott. Anyone know what Steve Harris and Michael Baddalucco are up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 24February 1, 2024 2:27 PM

I wonder if he’s going to be able to continue with both shows? He’s actually pretty terrific in both.

He’s alarmingly likable in Found. 😳

by Anonymousreply 25February 1, 2024 6:49 PM

Season 2 trailer. It’s out on the 20th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2024 8:23 AM

Premiere today.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2024 1:31 AM

I saw some ads and that is the most laughable, stereotypical Southern accent ever. About as bad as Daniel Craig in the “Knives Out” films.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2024 1:52 AM

OMG! They made such a fuss about the This Is Us actress appearing on the show and it turned out to be much ado about nothing!

I loved the first few minutes! He’s trying to learn Spanish! That’s freaking awesome. I don’t know how much español Ramon speaks but him trying to sound like a novice was funny.

I truly hate what the female detective, Angie, , did to that doctor. Such a hustler and con artist.

Glad the show is back.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2024 4:06 AM

Ramon speaks fluent Spanish.

I love Angie, warts and all. Erika Christensen is amazingly good at playing her.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2024 9:50 PM

Sepia-toned series and movies insult my good taste.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2024 9:22 AM

Erika Christensen is a hardcore Scientologist. She is insane.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2024 12:29 PM

She was raised in the “faith”.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2024 5:19 PM

Jesus fucking Christ R6 fucking do a search your damn self.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2024 7:38 PM

R34 - That was almost a year ago. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2024 9:18 PM

Erika looks like she’s been lifting heavy and carb loading.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2024 5:15 AM

In S1 her arms were huge for someone with her actress frame, very muscular.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2024 1:52 PM

Everything about him seems contrived, that accent is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2024 4:07 PM

R37 - She’s even more pumped now.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2024 5:14 PM

ABC's Will Trent was the surprise hit of the 2022/2023 TV season, ending as the network's third most-watched show with its unique insight into procedurals. Following the titular Will, dyslexic Georgia Bureau Of Investigation officer (played by Ramon Rodriguez) who grew up in the foster system, refuses to ever process his trauma, and has a loaded but beautiful friendship with Atlanta police officer Angie Polaski (Erika Christensen) -- who also grew up in the system with Will -- it has a good sense of humor that balances out the dark emergencies the team faced each week.

That is something Ramon and Erika both hope continues into season two, which premieres on ABC on February 20, 2024 at 10/9c.

"That's the thing the show does really well, honestly," Ramon tells HELLO! for our Spotlight cover. "There's really heavy emotional stuff and then at other times it's silly, ridiculous fun. When the whole band gets together, it's a lot of wrangling – and we have a lot of that coming up in the first few episodes of season two, which is really nice."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2024 6:17 AM

Season one ended with Will discovering the truth about his mom, how will that continue to play out in season two? Ramon: Will finally received some understanding of his identity, and some pretty big significant puzzle pieces of his life were filled in. But when we wrapped season one, I asked: 'What does that do for season two?'

I'm fascinated by identity, and for someone like Will, there's so much of himself that he doesn't know. Yet that process of self discovery and choosing to look into his history life might be nice or it might be awful, so how does that impact somebody psychologically? At the top of season two, he's begun to scrape a little bit at his heritage as he learns Spanish to be tied to his mom – and I love it when we see him vulnerable and awkward. But it might also trigger some other things, and I think we're trying to continue down that path this season and see where that takes us

For Angie there was a huge injury that left her future up in the air, where will we meet her when season two opens? Erika: We're going to see the results of that attack and those injuries. But Angie is a fighter, someone that really needs to work in order to keep her sanity and to feel a sense of self-worth and purpose, so while at the outset of season two she is not working and is physically recovering, she's definitely got her sights set on getting back on the team.

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2024 6:19 AM

Bumping this thread.

I saw last weeks episode and, OMG, I am now officially in love with this show!

It’s fantastic. Yeah, I saw the twist coming up the block but that last scene, where Will introduces his uncle to his other family was so touching and beautiful.

Plus we have the new lawyer/drag queen character now.

Love it.

by Anonymousreply 42April 21, 2024 7:16 PM

I watched Season 1 and I'm enjoying Season 2. I hope there's a season 3. Love him, in fact, I think this is a really good cast.

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2024 7:22 PM

Now, now, now boys... this is DL - is there no man-love for Jake McLaughlin? He's sex on a stick in Will trent.

And, you know, since he actually Marine, we can speculate about how he spent his time with other Marines - despite the fact tht he's married and fertile; the wife has dropped four (4) little McLaughlins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2024 7:59 PM

Yeah, yeah, he’s attractive, I like his character as well.

I really loved how he was so intent on learning how to French braid his little girls’ hair. That was a great dad moment.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2024 8:07 PM

R43 - It’s been renewed for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2024 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!