Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicola Sturgeon's husband arrested

So that's why she resigned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2024 12:22 PM

Ugh here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2023 9:02 AM

Ambitious female politicians always marry uglyyyyyyyy party operatives, especially in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2023 9:05 AM

A bent "progressive". I'm shocked. *SHOCKED*!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2023 9:07 AM

They're arresting him over 600,000 quid?? Hardly seems worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2023 9:09 AM

The SNP is trash!

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2023 9:12 AM

R2 come on, she's as dykey as they come

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2023 9:18 AM

She knew this was coming. So did he. I bet they've tried to hide as much evidence against them as they could; they've had plenty of time to do so.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2023 9:32 AM

Wow. That reminds me of the mini series with Jane Horrocks where she gets thrown into a political career and has to resign when someone discovers her husband did some shady stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2023 9:52 AM

R8 oh my god I loved that show.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2023 10:40 AM

Supportive wife Nicola buggered off before the polis showed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2023 10:41 AM

R2 - Nicola is a closet lesbian. She denies it but it’s plain to see even by glancing at a photo of her. Especially a photo from her school days.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2023 10:54 AM

Coming the day after Trump was arrested, this is too much good news all at once.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2023 11:02 AM

The police have been digging up the garden!!!

But seriously, what does this say about Police Scotland that they wait for her to resign, wait for the leadership contest to be over, wait for the Easter recess to the Parliament isn't sitting, wait for Nicola to leave the house before the start their search?

And this is much bigger than the £600,000 referendum monies.

If 30,000+ members left over the last 18 months then that's an income drop of between £200,000-£500,000. Several years of accounts didn't show Murrell's salary, so was he working for free? And then there's the £100,000 he lent the party, and when Sturgeon was asked specifically about it she refused to say when she found out.

As for the rumours, I never heard anything about her being a lesbian from people in Scottish politics, but there was talk about Murrell being gay. When it was reported she had a miscarriage someone asked "so who was the father?". So many of the sex scandals the SNP tried to cover up were predatory men towards teenage boys.

They are both despicable and I hope their lives are ruined.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote]The police have been digging up the garden!!!

"Fred West" is trending on Twitter.

But seriously, what could they be looking for? Is it likely they buried the missing 600K in the garden?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2023 7:01 PM

[quote]They're arresting him over 600,000 quid?? Hardly seems worth the effort.

Oh, I don't know. That seems like a lot of squid. Enough to feed several people, maybe even catered. I think I'd be mad too.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2023 7:06 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2023 7:25 PM

He looks like a slug.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2023 7:27 PM

R16 Both things can be true at once. The big reason the party lost 30.000 members is precisely because of her ridiculous and short sighted and endless support of trannys.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2023 7:32 PM

[quote] Ambitious female politicians always marry uglyyyyyyyy party operatives, especially in the UK.

She’s no oil painting herself. She looks like Janette Krankie.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2023 7:44 PM

And all because a few trannies just wanted to pee!

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2023 7:47 PM

Aren't they both gay?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2023 10:12 PM

Poor Nicola's pulled out of a climate change event tonight.

Her glittering post leadership career isn't going well.

Maybe she won't get that job at the United Nations after all, the job all her allies were saying she'd be offered.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2023 7:31 AM

[quote] A bent "progressive". I'm shocked. *SHOCKED*!!

Still a much rarer event than a bent conservative babe.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2023 7:36 AM

[quote] Still a much rarer event than a bent conservative babe.

R23 Rare? Or simply unreported/mitigated, much like Corbyn?

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2023 7:41 AM

I'm not sure corruption is that different between left and right, but it always pops up when a singular belief overrides everything else and loyalty becomes more important than decency.

Brexit, Corbyn, Scottish Independence, Unite the union, Boris, anti lockdown, pro maskers, anti vaxxers, TRAs.

When you become so enamoured with a cause you can't accept any criticism of your side, that's when people will start to abuse their position, because they know they will be defended regardless.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2023 7:49 AM

[quote] I'm not sure corruption is that different between left and right

I am, most people with a brain would be too. Look at who proposes most anti corruption legislation, regulation on corporate interests in politics etc this is really simple straightforward stuff lol.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Nicola Sturgeon looks like a woman who has never had an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2023 8:35 AM

R27, that wouldn't be a huge surprise. Many women don't have orgasms for much of their lives. Rachel Bilson recently revealed that she didn't have an orgasm through sex until she was 38.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2023 8:40 AM

I’m going to watch Prime Mimisters Questions on Britbox to see if those asshole SNP MPs are sufficiently chastised. Rooting for hawt Rishi.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2023 8:53 AM

So I watched PM Questions and I think it was before the arrest. Several interesting things, One. Rishi was off attending a funeral of the first female Speaker and more importantly there was a clearly gay Conservative Party MP Scott Benton allowed to ask a question. I googled him and it turns out that he since, just recently, been suspended from the Tory Whip for trying to sell influence to gambling interests. He sounded very queeny but I think it was just an unfortunate speech impediment (like a bad lisp).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Also with Rishi, the Speaker, and the Labour leader off everyone was deputy this and that. The deputy of the SNP asked the question, although the bald young leader was next to her, and she was a butch lesbian (I’m assuming). I think the SNP was forefronting the gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2023 9:56 AM

Murrell has been released without charge, pending further investigation. What do you think police were looking for when they searched their addresses?

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2023 10:48 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion the police are going to struggle to make this stick. Why did they wait so long? Sturgeon/Murrell could do an awful lot of loose-end-tidying-up these last few months.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2023 1:01 PM

R33 You answered your own question.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2023 1:08 PM

[quote]I have a sneaking suspicion the police are going to struggle to make this stick.

There are video clips from 2021 where SNP politicians are being asked about the missing money

That it's taken this long shows the police are politicised.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2023 1:21 PM

From what I've read, it seems that the 'missing' money may not be missing but misappropriated - the donor donated it to fund a second referendum but there hasn't been a 2nd ref and the SNP spent it on other SNP things.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2023 4:43 PM

Scathing analysis of Sturgeon in this clip.

I posted in the thread about her resignation that up until the gender reform bill and the Isla Bryson case she had never experienced ridicule during her time in office i the way that Westminster leaders had,

She is going to be a laughing stock for the rest of her life, and she is far too sensitive to deal with it, the way Theresa May did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2023 8:32 AM

[quote] That it's taken this long shows the police are politicised.

. . . and the entire known universe turns to R35, takes a deep breath and, in perfect unison says:

[bold]NO SHIT!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2023 8:48 AM

The accountancy firm auditing the SNP's finances have withdrawn their services and the SNP have hired one of Scotland's top financial lawyers.

The Sunday papers are going to be brutal.

The people who were previously loyal and know things will fall into two camps: those who go down with the ship and those who jump ship to save themselves.

SO DELICIOUS

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2023 9:22 PM

Who picks up the votes in Scotland if the SNP implodes?

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote]Who picks up the votes in Scotland if the SNP implodes?

Labour will gain the most.

But Scotland is so polarised that idiots will still vote for the SNP despite everything.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote]I'm not sure corruption is that different between left and right, but it always pops up when a singular belief overrides everything else and loyalty becomes more important than decency.

The received wisdom is that Conservative politicians are forever getting embroiled in one sex scandal after another while their Labour counterparts favour financial scandals as they don't have the money to afford a filthy sex scandal.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2023 10:17 PM

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

[quote]Senior SNP figures shut down plans to open the books on party finances when questions were first raised about “missing” funds for a second independence referendum, The Times can disclose.

[quote]Keith Brown, the deputy leader, whom Humza Yousaf sacked from his cabinet shortly after replacing Nicola Sturgeon as first minister, had his proposals to increase transparency by demanding “a monthly written summary of income and expenditure” shelved by the party hierarchy, including Sturgeon’s husband, Peter Murrell, in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Of course the great majority if women have orgasms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2023 9:06 AM

Wonder if Nicola's dildo has had much use in the last couple of weeks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2023 9:12 AM

[quote]Of course the great majority if women have orgasms.

Can we not have one thread without straight women making it all about them?

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2023 12:48 PM

Nicola Sturgeon and the death spiral.

TICK TOCK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2023 5:31 PM

R46. I'm not a straight woman. Not even a woman, but I do have a glamour lesbian sister who schools this gold star gay.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2023 5:50 PM

This gets weirder every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2023 10:51 PM

This very moment the Scottish cops are probably interrogating granny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2023 11:15 PM

At this point. I’m just very pleased that Peter Murrell’s, 94-year-old mother left the motor home on her driveway for 2 years and wasn’t using it to pop to Morrisons once a week.

The whole thing is very odd because Nicola said the finances were fine and she had clearly checked herself before making that statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2023 8:12 AM

Jimmy Savile had a caravan to take his prostitutes to, you know. Wonder if Murrell was using that motor home too.

One of the articles says that police have been investigating this for 18 months. Hard to not see how they can't see where the money is going from access to accounts. My guess is that maybe they're looking for evidence that some of it was laundered??

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2023 1:07 PM

This story is 18 months old now and nothing came of it.

The SNP's governance is corrupt to its core. Since 2007 it gave away millions in grants to third sector organisations who have been very quiet about criticising the government because they know their funding will be stopped if they do. It's similar in Wales under Labour but very different in England where chief execs and chairs are more than happy to come swinging for the government.

There was the recent video of a woman challenging Sturgeon about the gender reform bill at a third sector organisation. None of them dared criticise the reforms and the impact they would have on women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2023 5:07 PM

Police now investigating jewelry purchases and Peter Murrell's villa in Portugal.

Someone in the SNP has been recording Zoom meetings and harvesting emails.

They clearly observed Jeremy Corbyn burning the Labour Party to the ground and got themselves insurance.

TICK TOCK

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2023 8:27 AM

The SNP treasurer has now been arrested!

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2023 8:02 AM

I need to go watch Prime Ministers questions again to see if those SNP cunts are still shameless enough to criticize hawt Rishni for being too wealthy. They put up a little dyke member to do that last week.

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2023 8:59 AM

Mhairi Black needs to wash her hair.

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2023 9:01 AM

[quote] missing” funds for a second independence referendum

The SNP upper echelons must have been happier than they let on when the supreme court handed that decision down. Otherwise the population of Glasgow would probably have noticed the entire pro-independence campaign was just Pete driving round in his caravanette handing out flyers printed on kitchen roll.

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2023 9:16 AM

If SNP is as corrupt as it now seems I'd hope the security services would also look into whether outside influences were financing them to bring forward the breakup of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2023 9:18 AM

[quote]If SNP is as corrupt as it now seems I'd hope the security services would also look into whether outside influences were financing them to bring forward the breakup of the UK.

There's a conspiracy theory that Russia interfered with the EU referendum in 2016 and that's why Britain voted to leave the EU. While I don't doubt Russia did try to influence it, I don't believe they had enough influence to sway the 1.2 million voters who gave leave a majority. But this conspiracy theory proves that the Brexit vote was invalid. Incidentally over a million voters in Scotland voted to leave the EU.

But the same people who believe this theory have no interest in whether Russia interfered with the 2015 Labour Party leadership election which saw Russia Today presenter Jeremy Corbyn win and install Putin sympathisers in his leadership team, or the 2014 Scottish independence campaign which was headed up by Russia Today presenter Alex Salmond, then First Minister of Scotland.

And it's strange that people don't see the 3 votes as connected when the Scottish referendum polarised Scotland, helped stoke English nationalism and contributed to Labour doing so badly in 2015, meaning Cameron had to commit to his manifesto pledge of holding a EU referendum, and the election of Corbyn as Labour leader meant a man who was a lifelong Brexiteer was leading the Labour Party when a referendum was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2023 10:12 AM

How does a conspiracy theory “prove” the Brexit vote invalid? People started claiming that vote was invalid the day after it occurred.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Ask the people who believe it R61. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2023 11:44 AM

The First Minister of Scotland, elected 3weeks ago, has stated that he doesn't believe his party is a criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2023 1:20 PM

The treasurer is Colin Beattie. He's been treasurer of the SNP for 16 years and is also a MSP. He's a former international banker.

Seems finding out where this money ended up may be key to the investigation:

"The SNP raised a total of £666,953 through referendum-related appeals between 2017 and 2020. The party pledged to spend these funds on the independence campaign. Questions were raised after its accounts showed it had just under £97,000 in the bank at the end of 2019, and total net assets of about £272,000."

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2023 1:34 PM

The Times: SNP fear Sturgeon arrest imminent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2023 12:05 AM

Couldn’t happen to a better person, R65. Parliament is on recess, have to wait to see how chagrined the asshole SNP MPs are. Labour however is happy I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2023 12:10 AM

Very bizarre happenings today.

The party treasure who was previously arrested turned up in Parliament and voluntarily answered a journalist's question that he didn't know about the purchase of the motor home.

Journalists were then given advance notice of Nicola Sturgeon appearing in Parliament where she gave a speech and said she couldn't answer any questions, but did say she hadn't been arrested.

The treasurer then corrected his statement and said that he had known about the motor home, not from the purchase but from the previous accounts.

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2023 8:56 PM

When the police raided Sturgeon's house they were looking for a ladies razor and a wheelbarrow. Disappointed the headline didn't make reference to a beard.

It's reasonable to speculate that Murrell was buying products using SNP money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2023 10:04 AM

How much can you spend on a razor? This is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2023 10:07 AM

as the story says

[quote]Sturgeon’s family home and the party headquarters were raided last month in an escalation of the probe. The Record understands the police warrant in the case is over 100 pages long.

[quote]A woman’s razor and wheelbarrow are among many basic household items under the police microscope – with pots and pans, a luxury pen and jewellery already among items seized.

If Murrell has been buying things with SNP accounts or credit cards the items will be easy to identify, if harder to locate.

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2023 10:10 AM

More corruption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2023 3:11 PM

Well we've had to wait for it but STURGEON HERSELF IS DOWN THE NICK!

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2023 1:38 PM

This really has not been a good year for Nicola!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2023 1:53 PM

Re-arrested!

Just hurry up and charge the fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2024 4:15 PM

And charged with embezzlement!

Greedy bastard, nicking all that cash raised by nationalist loons.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2024 7:02 PM

Oh, it’s just $$$. I was hoping it was for boys and bennies.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2024 7:11 PM

Well doesn’t that suck!

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2024 7:12 PM

Sturgeon’s husband and Yousaf’s brother in law charged this month with different offences

The SNP are going to be humiliated in the general election.

Ha ha ha ha ha you tartan cunts.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2024 7:14 PM

A woman 👩 named after a FISH 🐠

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2024 7:18 PM

Has she ever been to Sturgeon Bay?

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2024 7:29 PM

There’s a rumour that Sturgeon loves a slice of fish pie.

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2024 12:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!