Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the best online doctor’s office to get an Ozempic prescription?

Asking for a fat friend

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2024 2:12 PM

Getting the scrip is not the hard part, it's getting it filled by a pharmacy if you don't have a pre-authorization from the doctor stating you actually have diabetes.

I have pre-diabetes and that wasn't sufficient.

But if you want to try I used Plush Care.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 12:57 AM

1-800-Tape-Worm

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 2:01 AM

🎶 If you wanna get a tapeworm eat some pork ... 🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 2:14 AM

Henry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 11:24 AM

Plushcare, pushhealth, helloalpha, joinsequence

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 11:44 AM

[quote] I have pre-diabetes

What is that? Doesn't everybody technically have pre-diabetes?

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 11:48 AM

[quote] Getting the scrip is not the hard part, it's getting it filled by a pharmacy if you don't have a pre-authorization from the doctor stating you actually have diabetes.

If a doctor is willing to write you a scrip, wouldn't he be okay with also writing you a pre-authorization letter?

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 11:55 AM

R6 it has to with your AC1 levels. There's a range and pre-diabetes is considered higher than normal, but not diabetes level high.

R7 no, because that would be insurance fraud.

People I tried. The doc wrote me a scrip based on my A1C levels and being "pre diabetic." However, the pharmacy (CVS) refused to fill it unless I was full diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 7:30 PM

From an article in this week's New Yorker Magazine-

This past November, I created an account on a telehealth Web site that looked as though it had been designed in about forty-five minutes using stock images and a free template. I filled out a form that asked for my height, my weight, and my reason for wanting semaglutide. I entered a weight that gave me a B.M.I. of 30. This was a lie, and I expected to be caught out during the Zoom appointment that I assumed was coming. Instead, a nurse practitioner named Nicole sent me a direct message laced with cheerful emojis. “My extensive experience allows me to provide a very wide range of services to you,” she said, adding prayer hands. She warned me that it was hard to get Ozempic covered by insurance; I replied that I would be happy to pay out of pocket.

“My patients, YOU, are suffering,” she wrote back. She said that she could connect me with a compounding pharmacy to get me three months’ worth of low-cost semaglutide. “This NEW alternate option I am providing is for ALL patients, even those with stubborn insurance, no insurance, or government insurance,” she wrote. It would cost two hundred and fifty dollars, and the fee for my “visit” would be a hundred and fifty dollars. She thanked me for my patience “during this time when it is very difficult to obtain weight loss assistance.” I asked if she would help me manage the side effects, but got no reply. I wrote again and asked to move forward with the prescription.

A few days later, I received a small cardboard box from Clearwater, Florida, in the mail. Inside was a baggie containing alcohol pads, orange-tipped single-use insulin syringes, and a vial of bacteriostatic water. Another baggie contained a two-inch vial of clear liquid—this was the semaglutide—plus a syringe with an alarmingly long needle and a single sheet of instructions for how to mix the semaglutide with the bacteriostatic water and inject myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2023 8:07 PM

It's not easy OP. I've been diabetic for a few years (have been on Ozempic almost 2 years). Even when I changed insurance and have been documented as diabetic, my new insurance still gave my doctor a hard time.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Enjoy the diarrhoea, OP!

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2023 8:24 PM

Normally a doctor’s prescription is all that’s required to fill a prescription, but your insurance may not pay for it unless there has been authorization after your insurance has communicated with your doctor. A pharmacist can’t commit I distance fraud unless they submit a completely different precaution to your insurer.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2023 8:39 PM

So to be clear, it's just an insurance issue regarding the doctor's letter? If you're willing to pay cash, you can get Ozempic easily with just a script?

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2023 4:12 PM

Fatties just eat less . And for normal sized people , Ozempic face is ugly .

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2023 4:14 PM

No, r13.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2023 12:21 AM

My doctor wanted me to lose 40 pounds. I didn't actually want to, because that would put me at 180 pounds. I am 6 feet tall. I felt completely comfortable at 220 pounds. I'm bearish and I never liked the way I looked at 180 when I was in college. I just looked scrawny.

So he tried to get me a prescription for semaglutide, which was, of course, denied by my insurance. I already have prediabetes and a couple of high, but not out of range, A1cs.

So instead he prescribed metformin. After three days on metformin, I ended up in the emergency room with hypoglycemia.

I'm not even sure I want to try semaglutide given what happened with the metformin. But it doesn't even matter. Because my insurance won't cover it unless I've been on metformim for at least three months. I couldn't even tolerate it for three days. I can't imagine trying to take it for three months.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2023 1:47 PM

Oh, and I meant 200 pounds now. Just through diet and exercise. I don't think I'm going to reach 180. Because I really don't want to.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2023 1:50 PM

There must be some long term side effects from taking a medication meant for diabetics when you aren't diabetic yourself?

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2023 1:51 PM

[quote] plus a syringe with an alarmingly long needle

I'll wait until they develop Ozempic caplets

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2023 2:00 PM

Nevermind, I just now found an old thread that gave about 5 different options: pushhealth, helloalpha, joinsequence, henrymeds, plushcare.

If anyone knows of or uses any others, feel free to add here.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 1:09 PM

I’m one cheese cube away from pre-diabetes!

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2024 1:16 PM

Oops, i didn't mean to bump this thread. I was trying to post in a new thread I had authored before I found this one.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2024 1:17 PM

My semaglutide needles are tiny.

I went through a nurse practitioner online via ER to Go Tennessee. If you Google that it should come right up. He's responsive and easy to talk to.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2024 1:29 PM

r23 the only things that come up under "go tennessee" are sports and government website.

When I add in semaglutide + injection, reflexmd.com comes up. Is that what you mean?

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2024 1:32 PM

R24, "ER2GoTN"

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2024 1:35 PM

Yup, actual diabetics are having trouble getting their meds because they are getting used for weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2024 1:36 PM

Thanks, r25.

R26, it's to prevent a pre-diabetic person from becoming an "actual diabetic."

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2024 2:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!