Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s the weather like where you live?

Here, it’s been pouring rain all day long. The streets outside my windows look like small rivers.

If I were to get inside a kayak, I’d probably be able to paddle all the way down the hill.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2024 4:39 PM

I’m in the Bay Area & we had more snow in the foothills than I’ve ever seen in my life. Nearby Mt Hamilton had 14” overnight, though they had predicted about 30. It rained quite a bit yesterday & has been bitterly cold, the high was about 48 today.

Last month we had record rainfall, with 9 “atmospheric rivers” slamming us right after Xmas for a few weeks. The snowfall in the Sierras is well over 200%; they’d hit the annual avg back in late January, with like 3 months of the rainy/snowy season to go.

I’m just hopeful our awful drought will get better; bring on El Niño! Funny, since this year was forecasted as a La Niña, with rainfall supposed to be less than average.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Been cloudy and cool past couple of days. Nice change of pace.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2023 7:38 AM

L.A.

It's been raining for 32 hours straight now. The hourly forecast on weather.com shows we have another 17 hours to go, possibly 21.

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2023 8:58 AM

My phone just started blaring the Emergency Weather Alert alarm.

Flash flood warnings in place until 5:0 am.

I can hear the water streaming heavily down the street. It hasn’t rained like this in years.

I’m thankful for the rain, however, I hope people are trying to stay safe. Depending on where you are in California, this type of torrential downpour can be VERY dangerous.

It’s really easy to drive through any number of streets, and end up getting caught in deep water, and flooding out your car, or even worse, getting swept away into a ravine.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2023 9:00 AM

Cold as fuck on the New England seacoast! It's 5 am and 9° outside. But with the wind, the "feel like" temperature is -4°. Mostly it's been really mild all month though (40°–upper 50°s), so it had to happen sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2023 9:07 AM

It snowed yesterday, for the first time in like a month. It's sunny and 3°C today. Hope the snow melts.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2023 9:10 AM

It's a nice day here in Surrey, England. Not the warmest at 5°c, but it's sunny. I'm off for a walk after brunch.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2023 9:11 AM

Blustery and snowy/icy here in the Pacific Northwest. In the high-teens right now (Fahrenheit). We had a decent amount of snow and ice on the roads Friday morning, which made my commute interesting. People seem to think you can drive full-speed on solid sheets of ice with no repercussions. Saw a few wrecks and cars doing circles. Cretins.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2023 9:13 AM

Cold and raining in San Diego, California. We've been having an extremely cold winter for a few months now. It's freezing all the time; cold, cloudy and rainy often.

I realize people won't have any sympathy when San Diegans say it's cold. That's fine. But it has not been balmy or even warm in Southern California since last September. Granted, it's not winter in San Diego as it was when I grew up in New England, but this winter has been very different and cold in Southern California. The heat is on all the time. Gas and electric bills are through the roof. No one is wearing shorts and flip flops. It's just too damn cold and damp. Everyone is dressed for a very chilly winter.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2023 9:22 AM

R9, gas and electricity bills have been unusually high the last several months.

At minimum, 3 to 4 times higher than usual.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2023 3:28 PM

Overcast and unseasonably cold in Palm Springs but the snow capped mountains make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2023 3:46 PM

It was continuous, relentless sideways rain in my part of Southern California on Thursday and Friday. We have a few hours respite this morning, rain to be continued around 2pm. I would love to have this kind of weather during the summer months when it is 105 everyday.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2023 4:54 PM

I'm in the deep south, it's already been almost to 90 so far, everything is blooming out.

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2023 5:26 PM

Pure shit

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2023 5:29 PM

I stepped outside to my patio for my morning cup of coffee.

It’s absolutely lovely. The mountains are covered in snow. It’s very cold. Not northeastern cold, but very cold for Southern California.

My roommate is starting up the fireplace soon, & I’m totally enjoying this very rare winter weather.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2023 5:32 PM

It's 83 here in the Ocala National Forest (FL) with beautiful sunshine, a hint of a breeze, and only 46% humidity. A perfect Florida day! I need to get off my lazy ass and take my Kawasaki out for a ride. You can't leave them sit, you know -- they need to be ridden.

Yesterday, I had to turn my AC on. Hopefully, with my ceiling fans going full blast, I can avoid that today.

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2023 5:33 PM

R9 Hi there friend. I’m here and you are spot on.

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2023 5:37 PM

Southeastern Wisconsin here, OP.

It’s low 30s and beautifully sunny/blue skies. I’m the wee hours of this morning, it snowed—few inches of fluffy snow, in which my lil dog enjoyed romping.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2023 5:41 PM

South Florida. Take a guess. 🥵

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2023 5:46 PM

78 and sunny in Key West.

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2023 5:50 PM

It's raining bullets in Portsmouth, VA.

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2023 5:58 PM

It's very hot. There's no light except for fires here and there. The sulphur and brimstone makes my eyes water all the time.

by Anonymousreply 22February 25, 2023 6:08 PM

R16 ElderLez, is that you, dear? Yes, we are in Orlando and, once again, it will be beating all records this week. Up to 90 degrees and more!!! I am so not looking forward to August. The A/C unit is already complaining.

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2023 6:11 PM

I'm in Atlanta, we had our air conditioner on this week.

I went on Facebook last week and it told me I have 'memories' to look back on. It shows posts from the same day in years past where I had posted a picture where it had just snowed. That post was less than 8 years old.

So in less than eight years we went from having snow to needing the air conditioner

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2023 7:21 PM

Weho had violent hail repeatedly today. It blew into my window and slid across the floor!

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2023 7:32 PM

ice storm this morning but muggy now.

by Anonymousreply 26February 25, 2023 7:37 PM

Where are you people R25 R26?

by Anonymousreply 27February 25, 2023 7:40 PM

February has been unseasonably warm, with barely a snowflake. Last Friday, the temp hit 71 degrees - setting a new record. Within 6 hours, it dropped to the 30s. Yesterday and today it's been in the 20s and it's snowing now...there's a chance we may get quite a snowstorm Monday / Tuesday but then again, it may go out to sea. With the warm temps all winter I've saved a lot on my heating oil bills, electricity, as well as snow shoveling bills.

by Anonymousreply 28February 25, 2023 7:47 PM

r27 northern southwest

by Anonymousreply 29February 25, 2023 8:14 PM

^ the muggy one

by Anonymousreply 30February 25, 2023 8:14 PM

It’s currently snowing outside.

Unbelievable.

Surreal.

Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2023 8:41 PM

Vegas - Snow flurry and FREEZING WTF?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2023 9:48 PM

R32, I’m in Los Angeles County. My car is covered in a blanket of fluffy snow.

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2023 10:01 PM

The Reno, Nevada troll here again--we just had another round of snow all day yesterday, about 4" up in the hills where I live. And a shit ton more snow up in the Sierras--people are saying there'll be skiing well into May and possibly June. I'm still enjoying the hell out of all of this snow, particularly since the last few winters were warmer and drier. Inconvenient for driving, but it's so beautiful to see all of the mountains around here white and snowy. (I know, MARY!)

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2023 10:19 PM

R34: I love freshly fallen snow it’s so beautiful, especially at night. I miss it around Christmas time living in CA.

by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Update L.A. from R3

Sixteen hours later, and there's still a light rain, but you can look out at the horizon and see the sun setting, so the sky seems to be clearing .. finally.

Looks like it could be over in about a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 36February 26, 2023 1:17 AM

85° here in coastal Georgia on Thursday & Friday. Today was in the low 70s as it was quite overcast. It was actually rather chilly this morning (in the 50s). The next 10 days will be a mixture of 70s to low 80s, with a rain day here and there. So all in all it could be a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 37February 26, 2023 1:20 AM

NorCal checking in here and it's 45 degrees here right now, cloudy but no rain and it's been partly cloudy all day with a high of about 50 degrees and no wind which was nice. Yesterday it rained and it was VERY cold, windy, periods of rain.

It's supposed to rain starting at 5am again through to around late afternoon and a bit warmer than today. It's going to be a VERY green next few weeks, that's for sure, and we have some beautiful yellow and white daffodils popping up everywhere around here, love that!

by Anonymousreply 38February 26, 2023 4:09 AM

Eastern LI. Lots of rain all winter. Today we had a few snow shower, but only had a dusting. I’ve lived here on LI and in NYC all my life and one thing I can confidently say is that you can never predict what any winter’s weather is going to be at the beginning of the season. I’ve lived through foggy, dreary, damp but not too cold winters. I’ve been through dry winters (winter of 9/11). I’ve lived through snowy winters where it snowed several times a week, as deep as 28.”

I’ve lived through three winters that were so cold and icy that I has to wear these things on my feet that had what looked like serrated razor blades on the bottoms. One year the city not only ran out of salt, but they ran out of sand, too.

I remember a Christmas Day when it was 64 degrees. I remember a Christmas Eve when it snowed heavily. We always have a few warm days in January, February and March when temps reach 55-65 degrees. Then it goes back to being cold in the next day or two. I’ve seen ice storms, snowmageddon, snow bomb cyclones.

Winter weather isn’t predictable from one winter to another. Like i said there are always warm days sprinkled into Dec, Jan Feb and March. And on those warm days everybody starts talking about climate change. Dude, a 70 degree day in December isn’t evidence of climate change. It’s just December. Shit can happen.

Every year I get the notification “This could be a very active hurricane season!” Well yeah, it could be. But odds are, it won’t be. We have far more years where the hurricane season is meh rather than a full of frequently churning maelstroms chugging across from the Cape Verde Islands.

by Anonymousreply 39February 26, 2023 6:16 AM

Snow, snow and snow! The berms outside are 20’ tall. I live in the Eastern Sierra. Not supposed to stop until Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 40February 26, 2023 6:36 AM

I’m on the west side of the sierra, 2000 feet, dreary ..Snow turned slushy and skies are leaden grey. More snow this week and overnight lows in the 20s …my daffodils are hiding somewhere. The days are getting longer, but there seems to be a lack of light.

by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2023 6:47 AM

Well, I see our mega California storm has already passed through Nevada and is now into Arizona and Utah. I wonder how fat this thing will go.

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2023 6:52 AM

It’s very tender here

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Oh so tender...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2023 4:52 PM

No, R23, ElderLez is authenticated and I am not she. Plus, she lives somewhere up north and I'm here in the Ocala National Forest.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2023 7:45 PM

Shitty

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2023 11:50 PM

[quote] Well, I see our mega California storm has already passed through Nevada and is now into Arizona and Utah.

After it left Arizona and Utah, it headed into New Mexico and Colorado as a cold front with some snow that then hit warmer air in Texas and Kansas resulting in the current mess extending from North Texas to Iowa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 27, 2023 3:43 AM

Reno troll here again--another big blizzard is supposed to move through the Sierras tomorrow and Tuesday. They're forecasting another 1-2 feet of snow in the mountains. We'll probably get another 3-6 inches in town.

I say keep it coming, Mother Nature! This is a historic winter, I'm glad to have experienced it.

by Anonymousreply 48February 27, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote] What’s the weather like where you live?

Outside? O, it's frightful!

But the fire is so delightful.

by Anonymousreply 49February 27, 2023 4:22 AM

And let’s go next to Jerry with the sports report

by Anonymousreply 50February 27, 2023 4:27 AM

Yes, yes! Let's talk about the weather!

by Anonymousreply 51February 27, 2023 6:42 AM

... should we talk about the weather? ... should we talk about the government?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 27, 2023 6:49 AM

Today's sunny and the high is 23C. Tomorrow's sunny and the high will be 25C. It's freakin' February.

by Anonymousreply 53February 27, 2023 6:53 AM

Last week it was 35 degrees in San Diego at night, but generally it's in the 40s--and that's in the city--not out by the mountains. Days may go into the 50s, and that's how it's been all winter. Most of the time this winter it's been cloudy, cold and rainy. We do get winter weather like this, but it usually is not sustained for three to four months the way it has been this year. Put on the heat--you'll need it this winter.

I'm loving it though. We have enough mild weather May-September. It's nice to be having a winter.

by Anonymousreply 54February 27, 2023 8:36 AM

I'm in Southern West Virginia, and its cloudy and chilly today. There's been a lot of rain lately and some landslides which have destroyed homes and pushed a train into the river. A landslide destroyed our home back in August so I feel for those people. Luckily nobody was killed. We've hardly bad any snow, which is unusual, and I'm very glad about that.

by Anonymousreply 55February 27, 2023 11:46 AM

It’s so windy my motherfuckin power is out!!

I called my power co. They better get their asses on this - FAST or they’ll hear my bitchy side

by Anonymousreply 56February 27, 2023 4:13 PM

Oh God, that SUCKS. I hope its back on now.

by Anonymousreply 57February 27, 2023 9:02 PM

Oh yes, my electricity has been restored to full capacity! R57

by Anonymousreply 58February 27, 2023 9:27 PM

For the next 7 days it's predicted to have a high of 86 to 89 here.

by Anonymousreply 59February 27, 2023 9:36 PM

It’s real tender and juicy

by Anonymousreply 60February 27, 2023 9:42 PM

The storm at R47 - complete with a reported derecho - is now stretching from Western Ontario to Alabama.

Looks like it's expected to hit NYC tonight, so it's been one big coast-to-coast event.

Greetings from Los Angeles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 27, 2023 9:52 PM

NYC. There is conflicting weather forecast from just snow flurries tonight to 1-3 inches of snow by morning. Since it's the last day of February and we have had zero snow accumulation for the first time ever, I hope it does snow, even though I have to clean my property.

by Anonymousreply 62February 27, 2023 10:24 PM

Moist… SULTRY!

by Anonymousreply 63February 27, 2023 10:32 PM

It snowed again yesterday. We got a lot of snow. It's almost April. I'm sick of the cold, the snow and just winter in general. I want spring! What makes it even more infuriating is the fact that the rest of Europe is having a heatwave! Except the Nordic countries... of course. Spain had like 30 degrees recently, which is a lot for March. Meanwhile here in Norway: -5. I want to cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 31, 2023 1:39 PM

Cold and dry.

by Anonymousreply 65March 31, 2023 1:47 PM

Hot as fuck! It rains from October to March, and then it's pure hell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 31, 2023 1:47 PM

Late afternoon 28C/82F, sunny, 28% humidity, wind 3km/hour

by Anonymousreply 67March 31, 2023 1:49 PM

The temperature is 39 degrees f. I'm going to take my daily walk soon. I'd better bundle up.

by Anonymousreply 68March 31, 2023 1:57 PM

NYC it's 48 and cloudy. Rain tonight and Saturday high will be 66. The seesawing between unseasonably cold and unseasonable warm seems to be the new norm.

by Anonymousreply 69March 31, 2023 2:49 PM

Its in the 50's here in WV and pouring rain and very windy. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. I hope the power doesn't go out though.

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2023 3:05 PM

75 today in central flyoverstan.

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2023 3:16 PM

Well, here where I'm dead is very cold.

by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2023 3:22 PM

It's pouring in Pittsburgh on Friday, and it's supposed to continue through Saturday. I have plenty to eat. Not going out.

by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2023 4:11 PM

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

58 degrees, sunny-partly cloudy, and the air is like double oxygen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 31, 2023 8:53 PM

A tornado just ripped through Arkansas, and Chicago is under a tornado watch. It's going to be a bumpy night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2023 9:31 PM

Good news: it's sunny today! No snow! Bad news: we still have freezing temps. We have to wait a bit longer for spring.

by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2023 7:07 AM

76 degrees, sunny and hazy @ 4:30pm

—Seoul, Korea

by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2023 7:50 AM

Sunny and 2°C

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2023 8:16 AM

It’s warm and I’m sipping champagne on a yacht! 🍾

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2023 9:19 AM

The weather here in Norway has been bad, especially in the north. Several people were killed in avalanches, including tourists. Sad news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 2, 2023 6:57 PM

It's fucking snowing again. We're in April ffs!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2023 7:53 AM

Northwest Wisconsin, by U.P. border. Still several feet of snow. Looks like it may finally start melting next week. Thank God. It's been 5 full months of deep snow.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2023 7:59 AM

R64 it is the same in the far northern regions in the U.S. deep heavy snow since mid November. Constant huge snow dumps all winter, including March. It's been 5 months. Cold and miserable while most of U.S. is warming, and has been significantly warmer all winter.

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2023 8:02 AM

Today is supposed to be a freakish weather day in the NY metro area.

After having normal temperatures for several days, it's supposed to hit the mid 80s (with storms) by this afternoon and then it's supposed to go back to normal tomorrow.

But the mid 80s on April 6 is just too bizarre for words.

BTW we had almost no snow this winter, although tornados hit parts of the state (NJ) less than a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2023 8:22 AM

We're in the middle of a heat wave. It has been 30 degrees C (almost 90 degrees F) for the past several days. It was still 25 degrees C at 9 pm tonight. I feel dizzy and I have a headache. I think it's due to the heat. It was 28 degrees C in my bedroom earlier today. Horrible. And we have a drought. It hasn't rained in like 4 weeks. The grass is turning yellow.

by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2023 7:59 PM

Los Angeles. View from the Bunker Hill webcam.

June Gloom still in place; at least it's a pleasantly cool 69-degrees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2023 8:11 PM

Another day with 30 degrees C. Yesterday I felt sick. Headache, dizzy etc. Must be the heat. Thankfully it will only be 20 degrees tomorrow. The heat wave will be over for now.

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2023 7:43 AM

Yesterday (Friday) was a weird weather day in Philadelphia. There was a big storm around noon - two tornadoes in the suburbs, lots of hail and heavy downpours. No high winds where I am, thank heavens (although one of the tornadoes was only about 10 miles west of me), so the power stayed on here, but there were many outages in other parts of the area.

Today is forecast to be gorgeous - sunny and 79 F (26 C), which is slightly cooler than normal for mid-June. Right now it's clear and 58F/14c ... a beautiful early summer morning.

Wow, when that tornado warning alert goes off on my phone, it's fucking SCARY. It sounds like a screaming banshee.

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2023 10:14 AM

Sunny and warm but very windy. 19C (66F). It's finally spring here in Norway!

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2024 3:14 PM

I woke up to 2 degrees. This is very cold for April. It even says so here. April has been colder than usual so far. I'm sick of this shit. We had a winter with record breaking temps, like -25C in my area is basically unheard of. We also got a ton of snow. I have waited so long for spring and now spring is colder than usual.

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2024 5:37 AM

Sorry, messed up the link. Here.... it confirms a colder than usual April.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2024 5:39 AM

Finally some nice weather. It was 23°C (74°F) here today.

by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2024 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!