Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bibi is Back

[QUOTE]Now Benjamin Netanyahu, the man who has dominated Israeli politics for more than a decade, has made a dramatic return to power with the help of far-right parties that surged into the mainstream after the country’s latest election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2024 4:57 AM

His closest confidantes simply call him B

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2022 11:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2022 12:28 AM

Most observers feel that this coalition will blow up pretty much immediately and he'll need to call new elections in early 2023, that he would rather run as the current PM and not as an outsider and so his plan is to drop the right wing crazies (who mess with his relationship with the US and Europe) and try to bring in some of the centrist parties in February or whenever they have the next round.

Bibi may have a lot in common with Trump but he's strategic where Trump is just all ego.

And Israeli politics mirrors US and Europe too-- the liberal coastal elite centered around the tech and financial industries in Tel Aviv are horrified by their countrymen who vote for Bibi and people even further to the right.

And the Bibi supporters view the affluent Tel Avivis as hypocrites and snobs who look down on them.

Throw in that the "coastal elite" are mostly European-descended Ashkenazis and the "Deplorables" are mostly Mizrachi and Maghrebi (North African, Iraqi, Persian, Syrian) and it's even more volatile.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2022 12:37 AM

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2022 12:39 AM

So are any of these alt right world leaders actually winning elections, or is everything fucking rigged now?

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2022 12:47 AM

Politics aside, I always thought Netanyahu was hot in a DILF kind of way. But Lapid is hot, hot, hot. Israel is DILF heaven.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2022 1:13 AM

I think Israel's new right wing turn is going to be the ruin of their country. They are becoming more apartheid that South Africa ever was and Netanyahu has been the driving force for these policies. Eventually all advanced western countries are going to sanction them.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2022 1:23 AM

Bibi knows that R7 - see explanation at R3

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2022 1:25 AM

Sworn in today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2022 9:29 PM

He seems like a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2022 9:39 PM

Filth and one of the many reasons why Jews are rightyfully reviled across the world.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2022 9:41 PM

[quote]Bibi is Back

And there's gonna be trouble.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2022 9:48 PM

Jewlensky will be happy. Fucking Jew warmongers.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2022 9:52 PM

This is a failure of the parliamentary system. They have managed to represent the extremes and little else.

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2022 10:38 PM

Actually R13, Bibi has been a little too close to Putin. Not sure where you’re getting that idea from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 30, 2022 12:21 AM

Netanyahu is systematically destroying any semblance of democracy in Israel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Netanyahu’s coalition could be collapsing already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2023 11:08 PM

Netanyahu removes the country’s defense minister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 6:53 PM

We really do get the faces we deserve. Fascist prick is looking more like Bela Lugosi evey day. Yeah. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2023 7:23 PM

Bebe Rebozo? Does Nixon know?

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2023 7:41 PM

Israel is on fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2023 11:58 PM

Young Bibi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2023 12:22 AM

R21, I don’t know if he can continue. You can’t be an authoritarian without the military, and he may not have them.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2023 12:32 AM

President Biden pushed Netanyahu to stop his “judicial overhaul” plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote]Yeah. I said it.

You thought that was brave?

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2023 10:52 PM

R24, it's only temporarily halted. We'll have to see what happens next.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2023 11:59 AM

Netanyahu's coalition has a slim 4 seat majority in Knesset. Lapid and his opposition can topple the government right now . . . if he wants to. But he doesn't. Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2023 12:03 PM

Reuters saying the defense chief isn’t fired? I’m not seeing this anywhere else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2023 12:04 PM

[quote] has made a dramatic return to power with the help of far-right parties that surged into the mainstream after the country’s latest election.

Netanyahu has had the same "far-right parties" in his last governments. Hyperbole may get the clicks, but it simply illustrates woeful ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2023 12:06 PM

[quote] Netanyahu has had the same "far-right parties" in his last governments

[bold] FALSE [/bold]

No one would touch Smotrich and Ben Artzi

Bibi's shtick has always been to strike a deal with a center right party and then play them and the right wingers off against each other.

Many in Israel feel this is all a game, that he will turn to Lapid or Gantz and say "okay, I will dump those guys and the haredim and let you become PM... if you agree to drop the corruption case against me."

People could deal with Shas in the government but not these crazies who the IDF turned away because they were nuts.

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2023 12:10 PM

[quote] No one would touch Smotrich and Ben Artzi

[bold]FALSE[/bold]

Tkuma in vaious incarnations have been part of coaltion governments going back to Sharon's government in 2001. Ben Artzi? Huh?

[quote] Many in Israel feel this is all a game, that he will turn to Lapid or Gantz and say "okay, I will dump those guys and the haredim and let you become PM... if you agree to drop the corruption case against me."

That's politics in Israel. What's the problem??

[quote] People could deal with Shas in the government but not these crazies

"People" deal with corruption, embezzling, and the usual power-hungry mob in it solely for themselves. "Crazies" is not even an issue.

by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Defense minister refuses to step down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2023 9:45 PM

Netanyahu: Every member of Hamas is a dead man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2023 11:48 PM

Isn’t he the one who allegedly made anti black remarks about African Jews in Israel?

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2023 12:12 AM

Bibi is as corrupt as Trump. As incompetent as Bush Jr. A shame he doesn't have to explain why HE didn't protect HIS people from Hamas. Now he is going to kill women and children in Gaza and take MORE American money for MORE weapons. Also if Israel is that short on bullets maybe the Israeli soldiers should stop shooting up in the air?

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2023 1:13 AM

I hope that America doesn’t give them any money for this war.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2023 1:27 AM

R36 = Biden is already forking over money and weapons to Bibi...And you can believe the GOP is going to cut every dime out of defending Ukraine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2023 1:39 AM

[QUOTE] I hope that America doesn’t give them any money for this war.

😂 They’re going to hand Bibi a blank check.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2023 2:37 AM

US gives Bibi permission to commit war crimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2023 11:01 PM

Finance minister says Israeli leaders failed to protect their citizens on 10/7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2023 7:40 PM

Israelis not rallying around Bibi after 10/7 attacks

[QUOTE] The vast majority (94%) of Israelis say the current government bears some responsibility for allowing the Hamas attack to occur, and more than three-quarters believe the government bears most of the responsibility, according to a Dialog Center poll reported on by the Jerusalem Post on Thursday. A smaller majority of Israelis ― 56% ― believe Netanyahu should resign at the end of Israel’s war with Hamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2023 8:28 PM

He’s done as soon as this war stabilizes a bit. It was this government’s lapses that caused this to happen, and while you can get away with a lot in Israel, military failure is the ultimate failure.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2023 8:31 PM

Who will replace him, R42? They’ll be in the same spot they were before he became Prime Minister in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2023 8:53 PM

He was well aware of the plot, don't fool yourselves. They let it happen, now are trying to make political capital out of it (and do a little ethnic cleansing while they're at it). He's as deplorable as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2023 8:56 PM

“Netanyahu got all the warnings”

[QUOTE]Aligned politically with the country’s center left — he was the Labor Party’s candidate for defense minister in the 2015 elections — Yadlin attributed much of the blame for the catastrophe to the national distraction of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s push to overhaul the country’s judiciary: “Netanyahu got all the warnings — from his defense minister, from the chief of staff, from the head of intelligence, from the head of Shin Bet and from independent writers like me, like others — that this is weakening Israel deterrence and endangering Israeli national security.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2023 3:45 PM

Bibi is just as cruel and power hungry as Vladi, he's just a better actor.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2023 9:10 PM

[QUOTE]The Hamas atrocities of Oct. 7 have led to a brutal Israel invasion of Gaza and a humanitarian disaster. Now civilians are paying the price for decades of Benjamin Netanyahu's deeply cynical policies, corruption and lust for power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2023 6:32 PM

R47 Civilians are paying the price for their own squalid religion, morally bankrupt culture, and support of terrorists who started this whole thing. I’m sure this article was written by the same people who blame white people every time black people start looting.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2023 6:44 PM

Biden administration thinks Bibi might be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2023 8:37 PM

Congressional Democrats turning against Israeli government

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 3, 2023 11:20 PM

NYTimes damning bombshell: Israel had detailed plans about Hamas attack a year before it happened:

[QUOTE]Israeli officials obtained Hamas’s battle plan for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack more than a year before it happened, documents, emails and interviews show. But Israeli military and intelligence officials dismissed the plan as aspirational, considering it too difficult for Hamas to carry out.

[QUOTE]The approximately 40-page document, which the Israeli authorities code-named “Jericho Wall,” outlined, point by point, exactly the kind of devastating invasion that led to the deaths of about 1,200 people.

[QUOTE]The translated document, which was reviewed by The New York Times, did not set a date for the attack, but described a methodical assault designed to overwhelm the fortifications around the Gaza Strip, take over Israeli cities and storm key military bases, including a division headquarters.

[QUOTE]Hamas followed the blueprint with shocking precision. The document called for a barrage of rockets at the outset of the attack, drones to knock out the security cameras and automated machine guns along the border, and gunmen to pour into Israel en masse in paragliders, on motorcycles and on foot — all of which happened on Oct. 7.

[QUOTE]The plan also included details about the location and size of Israeli military forces, communication hubs and other sensitive information, raising questions about how Hamas gathered its intelligence and whether there were leaks inside the Israeli security establishment.

[QUOTE]The document circulated widely among Israeli military and intelligence leaders, but experts determined that an attack of that scale and ambition was beyond Hamas’s capabilities, according to documents and officials. It is unclear whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu or other top political leaders saw the document, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2023 1:29 AM

R51, this story is appalling. It turns out Israel's greatest enemy (well, second-greatest enemy) is its own government. No wonder the war in Gaza is going so well.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2023 1:37 AM

Power obsessed psychopathic narcissism never goes out of style.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2023 1:49 AM

R51 - ethno-cleansing opportunism.

Like PNAC and 9/11, or Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2023 2:10 AM

Bernie turns against Bibi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2023 12:39 PM

[quote]Does this Dark Triad Personality make me look fat

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2023 12:41 PM

Why Israel is Losing This War

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2023 7:40 PM

Israeli Supreme Court strikes down Bibi’s controversial “judicial reforms”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 1, 2024 8:52 PM

You can't keep a good sociopath down.

I mean, a sociopath who's really good at sociopathy

by Anonymousreply 59January 1, 2024 8:54 PM

Biden administration is “Bibi sitting” as he and Israel lose control and potentially start another World War.

[QUOTE] U.S. officials have to work with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as they try to contain the Israel-Hamas war, but some are starting to wonder if he’s really in charge.

[QUOTE]The Israeli leader is trying to stay in office and avoid prison on corruption charges, two linked desires that have long made him vulnerable to the demands of far-right members of his governing coalition. Now, an Israeli Supreme Court ruling against his effort to overhaul the judiciary may make him even more susceptible.

[QUOTE]The far-right figures — notably ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir — harbor deep anti-Palestinian views and are resistant to U.S. proposals that they consider too friendly to the Palestinians. If they abandon Netanyahu’s coalition, he could lose his prime ministership, increasing his legal peril.

[QUOTE]That has made Netanyahu reluctant to take American advice on the war, and it suggests that U.S.-Israeli tensions will grow as Palestinians struggle to survive Israel’s bombardment of the Gaza Strip.

[QUOTE]“It’s not always clear who’s driving the train” in Israel, said a U.S. official familiar with American-Israeli discussions. “There have been times where Netanyahu has intimated or even been more explicit in telling us, ‘My hands are tied. You know, I have this coalition. It’s not me. It’s a coalition. It’s not me. It’s the political imperatives that I’m facing.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2024 11:30 AM

Looks like the situation is going to spin out of control and become regional. Lots of desperate behind the scenes action and arm twisting going on.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2024 12:16 PM

R60, that explains why the way Israel is fighting matches the exterminationist rhetoric of Smotrich and Ben-Gvir.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2024 1:00 PM

Frustrations mounting between Biden and Bibi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2024 2:27 PM

Bibi's back, baby.

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2024 2:33 PM

Netanyahu rejects independent state for Palestinians, infuriating American allies like the Biden administration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 19, 2024 6:39 PM

US airman dies setting himself on fire in protest of Bibi’s war crimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 26, 2024 2:46 PM

Well over 100,000 engage in protest vote against Biden support for Netanyahu’s brutality in the Michigan Democratic primary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2024 12:08 PM

How President Biden is finally ditching Bibi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 9, 2024 7:23 PM

Schumer calls for Bibi to step down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2024 4:52 PM

Bibi the Barbarian pushes forward, knowing an ongoing war keeps him in power

[QUOTE]Netanyahu made it clear Sunday he had no plans of backing down from the fighting that has already killed more than 31,000 Palestinians, according to local health officials, in the more than five months since Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack on southern Israel killed 1,200 people and left another 250 hostage in Gaza, Israeli authorities say.

[QUOTE]He said that calls for an election now — which polls show he would lose badly — would force Israel to stop fighting and would paralyze the country for six months.

[QUOTE]He reiterated his determination to attack Hamas in Rafah and said that his government approved military plans for such an operation.

[QUOTE]“We will operate in Rafah. This will take several weeks, and it will happen,” Netanyahu said.

[QUOTE]Alon Pinkas, a former Israeli consul-general in New York and an outspoken critic of Netanyahu, said that the Israeli leader’s comments fit in with his efforts to find someone else to blame should Israel not achieve it’s wartime goal of destroying Hamas.

[QUOTE]“He’s looking on purpose for a conflict with the U.S. so that he can blame Biden,” Pinkas said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 17, 2024 1:47 PM

He's the Jewish Trump.

by Anonymousreply 71March 17, 2024 1:51 PM

Majority of Americans now disapprove of Israel’s actions in Gaza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 28, 2024 12:11 AM

Hostage’s family to Netanyahu: If you can’t bring them home, then step down

[QUOTE] Carmit Palty Katzir said "I always thought the hostages were the priority above all else, and I believed getting them back wasn't political." She added, "I am saying in a clear voice to Prime Minister Netanyahu, if you cannot bring them back right now, step aside, leave. We need someone in your place who can."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2024 5:30 PM

Will Bibi ignore the court ruling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 31, 2024 6:40 PM

Israeli drone strike kills 7 World Central Kitchen aid workers. Bibi says strike was “unintentional.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 2, 2024 2:12 PM

R75, they were traveling in clearly marked vehicles, yet were struck by three separate missiles. Just one “accident” after another, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 76April 2, 2024 2:36 PM

Bibi killed them on purpose. He wants to wipe out Palestinians, and anyone who helps them.

by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2024 7:51 PM

IDF Chief resigns over 7 October security failures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2024 9:17 PM

Fuck Bibi and the ass he rode in to town.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2024 9:32 PM

[quote] IDF Chief resigns over 7 October security failures

R78 I wonder why it took 6 months. There were reports soon after the attack that warnings from IDF security staff about activities near the wall that could lead to an attack were ignored by higher-ups for months before the attack occurred.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2024 12:59 AM

It's not an actual resignation for taking responsibility. This is just to try and distract everyone from the bigger issues.

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2024 7:58 PM

Your wife and eldest kid are cunts-go fuck yourself bb

by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2024 4:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!