Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, tell me about Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran

Any gossip about him, past or present? Was he your favorite in the group? I’ve been looking at pictures of him from over the years and sometimes he seems attractive and sometimes he seems ugly. Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2024 9:30 PM

Op I hate all of your posts.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2022 10:04 PM

Huge crush on him in the 80’s. OP you’re correct, he can look gorgeous or ugly at times. Married to the beautiful Yasmin for 35 years, proud dad and grandfather. I’ll always ❤️ Simon.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2022 10:11 PM

Yasmin is sooo hot.

Allegedly, he met her after spotting a modeling picture of her soon before he broke up with Claire Stansfield, but I had this book I got from England that was released maybe ‘82 and there was a picture of him with family friend Yasmin Parvanah. It was clearly pre-YP’s modeling career since she was sporting a pretty intense unibrow in the picture. I’ve always wondered why he’s lied or at least never corrected the story of how he came to know her.

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote]Op I hate all of your posts.

Then use the block feature you fucking retard.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote]Huge crush on him in the 80’s. OP you’re correct, he can look gorgeous or ugly at times. Married to the beautiful Yasmin for 35 years, proud dad and grandfather. I’ll always ❤️ Simon.

Yes, his wife looks amazing for her age!

Glad I’m not the only one amazed at how he goes back and forth between very attractive and ugly (and it’s not just weight issues).

Anyway, I went to my first Duran Duran concert recently and it was fun! John Taylor is cute too but Simon definitely has a personality that gets your attention.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2022 10:40 PM

R3 It’s amazing how they’ve been married almost 40 years, especially him being a rockstar.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2022 10:41 PM

It’s so hard to believe him and Nick Rhodes are straight because they’re so femme.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2022 10:44 PM

He was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2022 10:45 PM

R8 Did you have a favorite Duran Duran song?

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2022 10:47 PM

I remember at the time the tabloids were always, rather unfairly, going on about him being a fattie.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2022 11:29 PM

R10, too many bon bons for Le Bon.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2022 11:31 PM

I always preferred the emotionally fragile drummer, Roger Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2022 11:59 PM

Simon Le Bon wears blue underpants!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2022 12:07 AM

I was a Duranie back in the day and had the hots for Simon. Or so I thought. Then Yasmin showed up. Damn!!! THEN I started feeling a certain way about my beautiful best friend who was a fellow Duranie. I never came out to her, and we drifted apart in high school. She never had a boyfriend in all that time, so hmmmm.

There have been rumors for years that Simon and Yas have an open marriage as he's well known for his philandering.

I too love Rog now. Not in a crush way, but he just seems like a really cool, down-to-earth guy who would be fun to chat with.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2022 12:15 AM

I always liked him; he seemed to not take himself seriously. I remember when they were on the Howard Stern show about 15 years ago, and he talked about how Princess Diana behaved like a total psycho groupie. It got so bad that he told Prince Charles "you need to control your wife!"

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2022 12:21 AM

He talked shit about my Lady???

We gonna have words, breh…

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2022 12:27 AM

I only know the wife as a punchline on the premiere episode of Ab Fab spoken by Eddie @7:23 in these outtakes. Jennifer flubs her name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2022 2:31 AM

Has he ever tried anal?

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2022 2:50 AM

I remember reading an interview where someone (Nick Rhodes I guess) said they took him on as singer because they liked his lyrics that made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2022 2:58 AM

Him and Nick seem like they’ve fucked over the years. They have a very sexual type ease with each other that they don’t with the other Durans. john is by far the hottest. The man is just so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 31, 2022 3:06 AM

He's been married forever and seems like a family man. I think he was hot. I'd say he was one of two from the band who I fantasized about. There was something more masculine about him than the others. I also felt he had more of relaxed style that appealed to me. He never seemed to be trying very hard whereas his bandmates did. When I look at old photos now, I find him much less hot but he actually reminds me a bit of George Michael which I never thought in the past. Finally, I love his name. Doesn't get any more shallow than that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote]I also felt he had more of relaxed style that appealed to me. He never seemed to be trying very hard whereas his bandmates did.

You must be joking! He was/is a total attention hog and was always trying to play it up in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 22August 31, 2022 3:59 AM

[quote]There was something more masculine about him than the others.

Are you joking? The only masculine ones were John and Roger. Simon and Nick are very swishy.

by Anonymousreply 23August 31, 2022 4:04 AM

Excellent frontman, but John Taylor was the eye candy for me.

by Anonymousreply 24August 31, 2022 4:08 AM

Yeah, he seemed to always want the attention that John was getting.

It’s still funny to me that after all these years and dozens of other MTV video stars this band was the only one to NOT have any gay member. I mean, holy shit, if their clothes and make-up and videos didn’t raise any flags!

But nope, all sensible, regular dudes.

🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 25August 31, 2022 4:21 AM

I alswaus got the impression that Simon had a huge mancrush on Michael Hutchence.

by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2022 4:38 AM

Please please tell me now

by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2022 4:42 AM

Love his voice

by Anonymousreply 28August 31, 2022 1:50 PM

The story goes that when he and Yas were dating, she would interrupt his conversations with pretty groupies by grabbing his ballls and saying “these belong to me” and apparently Simon absolutely loved that about her.

The band’s nickname for him is “Charlie”

Simon studied acting which helped the band perform in all of those high-concept videos

Simon came to his audition with all of the lyrics to The Chauffeur

He won’t say what The Reflex is about but doesn’t deny that it’s about masturbation

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2022 1:51 PM

R7 Simon was maybe metrosexual but never femme.

Nick, on the other hand......well, I'm surprised he didn't pull a Pete Burns and transition.

by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2022 2:06 PM

He is no John Taylor!

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2022 2:10 PM

Whoever came up with the idea to go to Sri Lanka and film those videos for the first album with them wearing Banana Republic clothes, when Banana Republic was still a high end haberdashery, not a store brand was brilliant and ensconced them at the peak of their beauty and apex of their sexuality and made them standout from all the other British New Wave bands flooding the airwaves and more importantly music video channels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2022 3:04 PM

Nick might be vain and high maintenance and hates doing risky things outdoors, but he is gay and I’ll think that to the day I croak.

by Anonymousreply 33August 31, 2022 10:11 PM

Always seemed like a nice chap.

by Anonymousreply 34August 31, 2022 10:17 PM

He did an interview with comedian Alan Carr last year and it was hilarious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 31, 2022 10:25 PM

Going to see them this weekend in Las Vegas! Simon will always be my first love

by Anonymousreply 36August 31, 2022 10:27 PM

R36 You’ll have fun! I saw them in Chicago a week and a half ago and it was a great set list and show! And I love their new song Invisible.

by Anonymousreply 37August 31, 2022 10:29 PM

Grandpa Simon is chonk. Back in the day those boys were fine esp John! They all cheated on their wives except Roger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 31, 2022 11:12 PM

Didn't Simon openly admit he's bi?

by Anonymousreply 39August 31, 2022 11:50 PM

I like the song Duran Duran put out with Janelle Monae a few years back. Everyone looks really good in this video; Simon's had some work done, but it's good work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2022 4:48 AM

[quote] Eldergays, tell me about Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran

OP, a more fitting title for this thread would have been, "Please, please tell me now. Is there something I should know?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2022 4:59 AM

Is Simon a top or bottom?🧐

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2022 6:14 AM

Simon will be on Andy Cohen’s radio show this am (Wed 11 am ET)

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2022 11:27 AM

The way I lose my shit whenever any Duran Duran song comes up on shuffle. I was sprung in 1984! The union of the snake is on the cliiiiiiiiiimb!

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2022 11:56 AM

She is the poster girl for RestingBitchFace like her sister, Victoria Beckham. She always looks like a sour cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2022 11:59 AM

I remember when he went for that very ill-advised high note on the stage at Live-Aid on "A View to a Kill" ("all we NEEEEEEEEED!"). It was remarkable how quickly and savagely the mockery circled the globe, considering it was about 20 years before social media and viral videos.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2022 12:21 PM

Simon cheats on his wife and isn't exactly discreet. I remember there was a poster on DL eons ago who spoke about Simon trying to pick her up at an instore signing and losing out to Grandmaster Melle Mel (?!) But it's common knowledge he doesnt keep it in his pants. I guess Yasmin pretends not to know.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote]Simon will be on Andy Cohen’s radio show this am (Wed 11 am ET)

Oh Lord. I like Simon but I cannot stand Andy. Did anyone listen to the show? Is it worth sitting through?

by Anonymousreply 48September 22, 2022 3:49 AM

R48 he was fine, he addressed the bad Live aid note r46 mentioned and said it haunted him for years. Apparently CSN&Y yelled at Duran Duran back stage at Luve Aid to “shut the fuck up”. He also mentioned that David Bowie dropped trou in front of him and that Bowie was hung even though “unengorged”. Joked they had to leave Australia in the early 80s because they had shagged all the women there. Also, teased that there may be a movie or musical based on DD, TBD.

by Anonymousreply 49September 22, 2022 12:41 PM

R49 Thanks for the quick review. I still find it hard to believe that neither Simon or Nick have at least experimented with men.

by Anonymousreply 50September 22, 2022 5:51 PM

How coincidental or fortuitous that this thread came up in my page!!

Just late last night I was in bed and looking to watch something on my iPad when I stumbled across a documentary on the band! I had never seen it before. It was amazing to see them all, especially pictures of them when they were so, so young.

I was glad to see Simon, Nick, Roger and John together. Sadly Andy was not in it except for archival footage.

It was from 2018 and I found it on Max. It was really great. They talked to Nile Rogers and Boy George as well, among others.

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2024 11:00 PM

When he's spoken about his friendship with Michael Hutchence, he's mentioned that it was basically about the two of them doing drugs and picking up women.

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2024 12:01 AM

I was never a huge fan of Duran Duran, but I loved "Ordinary World." And I haveta say, it was incredible to hear Le Bon still belting it out in 2022. His voice has not changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2024 12:03 AM

OMG R52 we just started watching a Duran Duran documentary last night as well. We are only about a half hour in. How did all five of them in that Citroen?

Anyway this reminds me of a story. My father knew an antique dealer in NYC who sold Nick Rhodes and Julie Anne Friedman a black lacquer art deco bedroom set in the mid 1980s. But because you can’t trust antique dealers they thought it was an antique (well technically vintage/collectible) and it was actually a reproduction.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2024 12:21 AM

I know someone in her 50s who is still as obsessed with him as when she was a teenager. She's always in (bad) rships that never work out.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2024 12:24 AM

He is very cute. I saw graphic nude photos of him taken, seemingly willingly, on a yacht. I was amazed that they might be real. He is very cute!

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2024 1:57 AM

He was really hot in the Rio video. The leaner the better.

When he put on some weight he looked more like a grown up Mike TV.

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2024 2:58 AM

Duran Duran hotness in order:

Roger Taylor (drummer) Simon LeBon John Taylor Nick Rhodes (just wayyy too much makeup and shoulder pads girl - although I think he's extremely handsome) and then we have Andy Taylor who just looked really out of place - short, plain and unimpressive

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2024 3:10 AM

R55 = Demi Moore

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2024 4:24 AM

LeBon called terminally-ill Andy Taylor up to say the band would pay for cutting edge treatment not offered by the NHS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2024 6:21 AM

So Simon made better investments? Saved his pennies?

Was Arcadia more successful than Power Station? I guess since Andy left the band, the subsequent records made by the remaining members must have done okay. Plus they do keep touring.

Never mind, I answered my own question. 😛

It is nice of Simon to do that.

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2024 6:30 AM

Rolling Stone named him Simon LeBowWow.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2024 6:33 AM

Wow. Andy Taylor has been married for 40 years with 4 kids. It's hard to fathom someone only 62 married sp long.

by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2024 7:05 AM

Le Bon's been married going on 40 years next year as well.

Enty had a blind item once saying that the secret to its longevity is that his wife tolerates him straying; however, if she get any hint that it's gong beyond a one-night stand and headed into mistress territory, then she sends hired thugs in to pay the woman a visit and scare her off.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2024 9:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!