Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Progressive News Outlets and Their Jouurnalists

TYT, The Damage Report, The Kyle Kulinski Show, Krystal Ball of Breaking Points, Democracy Now, The Vanguard. Any others? The best? The Worst? Many of them say they are the alternative to what they call corporate news media. I started with TYT (The Young Turks), but have been looking at other outlets. Are they as genuine as they claim?

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 12:17 AM

Can’t take Kyle or Krystal seriously anymore because they’re all sucky-face nowadays. It potentially could get in the way of them being unbiased.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2022 3:06 PM

Russian troll thread alert.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2022 3:43 PM

Love Ana Kasparian and Jon Iadarola. Cenk is okay too. I have to read up on his feud with Kyle though…

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2022 3:47 PM

Kulinski is a kook.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2023 2:16 PM

TYT = Russian funding.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2023 2:49 PM

I stopped watching them ages ago because they had become too shrill and pedantic for me. But I was surprised to see that transgender journalist Ben Carollo had parted ways with them after Ana Kasparian criticized some transgender leaders, accusing them of being misogynistic towards cisgender women.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2024 8:43 PM

I get all the news I need from Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2024 8:45 PM

Which are the good news outlets?

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 10:04 PM

What about the AP news site?

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2024 12:00 AM

Kyle and Crystal are married now. When Kyle swears on his show I get a boner every time.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 11:38 PM

I enjoy listening to Kyle Kulinski and Krystal Ball (with Saagar Enjeti, who is billed as her foil, though they are usually on the same page) as well as Ana Kasparian, who seems more open of late in terms of her opinions which now go off the doctrinaire script. I think Briahna Joy Gray makes solid arguments, though I sense DL on the whole hates her for the Bernie affiliation. She works her ass off, however, and she has a good presence, at least on audio. (I just listen while I spend hours doing housework.

I am not progressive by any measure and frequently disagree with a lot of the ideas put forth, but I appreciate hearing them presented with intelligence and without bombast.

I’m curious what/who else DLers are listening to.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 11:53 PM

I’m glad Ana didn’t back down from Ben Carollo. She’s a bit shrill at times as has been said before but she was in the right.

The only one not annoying me now is David Pakman.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 11:59 PM

Ana has become a fiery one lately. Taking no prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!