Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lucille Ball returns to CBS this Fall in "Gang Way For Lucy!"

Lucy plays an eccentric cat lady who refuses to give up her rent-controlled Lower Eastside apt.- much to the consternation of her Landlord (Nathan Lane) and a greedy yuppie couple (John Stamos and Whitney Cummings) who desperately want her place. Also starring Sinbad as the Doorman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447May 9, 2024 5:42 PM

I misread this as "Gang Bang For Lucy!"

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2020 12:05 AM

Better than Gang Bang for Lucy, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2020 12:06 AM

Will there be a part for Miss Vivian Vance?

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2020 12:08 AM

Thought she was dead

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2020 12:09 AM

Will it all be told in flashbacks after she dies of COVID 19 at the end of episode 1?

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote]Will there be a part for Miss Vivian Vance?

One we hope she finds sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2020 12:12 AM

Mary Jane Croft, Lucie Arnaz, and Gale Gordon will also star.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2020 12:13 AM

Scripts by Bob Carroll and Madelyn Davis.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2020 12:14 AM

Eventually, she finds a way to pay the unavoidable rent hike by starring in a Broadway revival of Mame.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2020 12:15 AM

Also starring Gale Gordon as Lucy's boss, a fat obnoxious asshole who yells all of his lines and the audience wishes Lucy would just shoot dead between the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2020 12:17 AM

I loved this show until the 4th season when they brought in Emmanuel Lewis as Sinbad's son he didn't know he had who seemed to always be at Lucy/John/Whitney's place with some wise-cracking yet heartfelt advice for the throuple. For those who don't remember, John and Whitney let Lucy stay at the end of season 1, initially because Lucy got Whitney's ring stuck on her finger but later because they genuinely loved her gin-soaked ass.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2020 12:18 AM

And featuring Paul Lynde as her exasperated tenant attorney.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2020 12:23 AM

With Nell Carter as the fat, sassy black lady who lives in Lucy's building.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote]One we hope she finds sufficient.

She's had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2020 12:25 AM

I hope she gives us full frontal nudity.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2020 12:25 AM

Starring Vivian Vance as Lil' Poosy

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2020 12:28 AM

Did you see her Zoom interview on Colbert the other night? You could see a box of cigarettes in the background. She STIILL smokes?

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2020 12:31 AM

Gowns by Don Loper.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2020 12:33 AM

Is Lucy always conspiring with Sinbad to find a way to break back into show business?

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2020 12:35 AM

Walk-on by Bob Hope in Episode Five!

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2020 12:36 AM

Was this a real show? It sounds good

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2020 12:37 AM

I'm sorry but the story arc with 113 year old Tennessee Ernie Ford bored the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2020 12:38 AM

I loved the way Grumpy Cat narrated the first season episodes but frankly I thought it insulting to Vivian to offer her the role after Grumpy died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2020 12:39 AM

R17, you noticed the smokes and not the bottle of Jack Daniels behind them?

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2020 12:42 AM

I read somewhere that they're writing in Ann Southern as a regular, NOT Carole Cook.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2020 12:47 AM

Puh-lease, gurls! This show jumped the shark during the third season when Nathan's character "suddenly discovered" he was no longer allergic to cats after hearing that one of the strays Lucy picked up inherited $5,000,000 from its real owner. Abso-fuckin-lutely ridiculous! I mean, who in their right mind could believe that Lucy had given up smoking???

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2020 12:50 AM

So she puts on a mustache and Nathan Lane doesn't recognize her. I'm sorry, but her shtick is really getting old.

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2020 12:52 AM

How did Gary not talk her out of *this* one?!?

by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2020 12:53 AM

R22, Hey, Tennessee Ernie Ford was better than Robbie Rist, the kid they brought in to replace him as Cousin Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]I'm sorry but the story arc with 113 year old Tennessee Ernie Ford bored the shit out of me

Sadly, they couldn't get the twins who played Teensy and Weensy back ... both had their legs amputated due to diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2020 12:55 AM

Lol R30.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2020 12:57 AM

There is a moratorium on evictions.

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2020 12:59 AM

Last night's episode was the one where Lucy disguised herself as a "hobo" for one reason or another.

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2020 1:06 AM

Is there a part for Miss Daphne Zuniga?

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2020 1:10 AM

My favorite episode was when Lucy and Nathan got involved in an experimental theater company in Alphabet City and agreed to star in weekend performances of The Matchmaker with them. The kicker was that Lucy played Vandergelder and Nathan played Dolly. Laughter ensued!

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2020 1:14 AM

My 80” UHD TV is not doing Lucy any favors especially when someone calls her a “young lady.”

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2020 1:15 AM

When Lucy finally gets a Covid test next week, Mary Wickes plays the nurse who really shoves that swab way up Lucy’s nose.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2020 1:17 AM

The "Reversal of Fortune" episode, when Lucy ends up as a housemaid for Moms Mabley was quite deserving of it's Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2020 1:20 AM

Having Tennessee Ernie Ford sing "16 Tons" with Ann Southern sitting there really wasn't a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2020 1:21 AM

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the episode that guest stars and obviously shit-faced Joan Crawford, slurring her lines all over the place. She was scrubbing the hallway on Lucy's floor (it wasn't clean enough for Joan's liking) and Lucy thought that the great movie star Joan Crawford was destitute and working as a cleaning lady! Lucy and Gale Gordon organized a charity event for Joan, and hilarity ensued.

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2020 1:22 AM

And Joan was living in an LES tenement despite having more film offers than she could shake a wire hanger at!

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2020 1:26 AM

No actually, Joan was just doing research for a "picture" she was about to make.

by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2020 1:27 AM

Barnard Hughes is a hoot as Lucy's wisecracking love interest.

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2020 1:28 AM

Of course on the episode where Linda Lavin guest-starred they had to shoehorn in a musical number so she could show off her "talents." **groan**

by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2020 1:29 AM

OT, but did you know that Nathan was informally approached to replace Midler in Dolly.? He was among several others who turned it down.

There was precedent. David Merrick, during the original production, had approached Jack Benny and his friend George Burns to be a replacement pair playing Dolly and Vandergelder. Years earlier Benny had played in drag in an enormously popular film version of Charlie's Aunt. The two actually considered it before declining.

by Anonymousreply 45July 18, 2020 1:30 AM

The crossover episode with SVU where Lucie Arnaz played a "torn from the headlines" Black Dahlia was a bit of a downer.

by Anonymousreply 46July 18, 2020 1:39 AM

"She STIILL smokes?"

Me too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 18, 2020 1:39 AM

My favorite episode was the one where both Lucys dressed as clowns and sang "Be a Clown" to entertain at a children's hospital, and three youngsters died of fright, while others ran out screaming. Seems no one had told Lucy that Pennywise and Pound-foolish would be a bad name for the act.

by Anonymousreply 48July 18, 2020 1:58 AM

I loved the show last week when the buzzer rang and Lucy opened the door and standing there was Mrs. Trumbull. The studio audience went crazy. And she still looks good!

by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2020 2:14 AM

Remember when she played a homeless woman in the made-for-TV movie, "Stone Pillow"? It didn't feel right to watch her in a non-comedy role.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2020 2:15 AM

Bless you, R50.

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2020 2:23 AM

A keen observation at R50.

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2020 2:31 AM

In certain scenes of the show, you can see Lucy's oxygen tank in the back of the set. Sometimes they don't always camouflage it properly.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2020 2:33 AM

Lucy brought the house down when she ad-libbed a line to a drunken wino: "You know a feller named Fred Mertz?"

by Anonymousreply 54July 18, 2020 2:36 AM

Lucy is still great at physical comedy. The episode where a process server was camping out on her doorstep to serve her an eviction notice and Lucy has to lower herself on a rope via the fire escape to go grocery shopping? Comedy good!

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2020 3:14 AM

You're right, R55! No one in my house could stop laughing when she finally slipped and fell and broke both hips! (And wasn't one of those paramedics totally HOTTT?) Nobody does full-body cast shtick like Lucy!

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2020 3:21 AM

The original show practically invented stunt casting (although no one called it that in the '50s.) But they had all those Hollywood guest stars -- big names who normally didn't do TV. Who will she get for the new show? Meryl? Michelle Obama? Justin Bieber? The Pope? Olivia DeHavilland?

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2020 3:32 AM

Don't you remember the episode where Meryl guested, R57? Lucy wasn't paying attention when she was being introduced and thought the woman's name was Mary Street. When she found out that "Mary" considered herself an actress Lucy took pity on her and did a full makeover and gave her deportment and elocution lessons. Hilarity ensued when Lucy got her cast, sight-unseen, in a one-line walk-on in an off-off-off-Broadway production, which was shut down by Equity for not paying Meryl her proper salary. Everyone was totally furious with Lucy. "Waaaaaaaahhhhh!"

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2020 3:37 AM

Brad Pitt is no William Holden.

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2020 3:39 AM

R37, Mary Wickes didn't shove a swab up Lucy and she didn't shove it up her nose. But she did wear the nurse uniform.

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2020 3:41 AM

I wasn't asked to return for this, and all I can say is that Lucy can kiss my entire ass!

by Anonymousreply 61July 18, 2020 3:44 AM

I can play Lucy's great-great granddaughter!

by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2020 3:45 AM

The show had that wonderful catchphrase -Nathan Lane bursting into the apartment, shouting in his best Gomez Addams voice, "Luuuuuucy! I'm home!"

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2020 3:46 AM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the John Stamos character here. I always loved the comic interplay he had with Nathan Lane. It looked like they were close friends off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2020 3:47 AM

The episode where Lucy and Viv got jobs at the meat processing plant still makes me laugh. When the supervisor screams "Speed it up" and Lucy cuts off Vivs hand is comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 65July 18, 2020 4:13 AM

The innuendo that John Stamos and Lucy are fucking is always sure to get a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 66July 18, 2020 4:21 AM

^^ Especially from Stamos. He laughs and laughs and laughs until he heaves. Fortunately, Nathan is around to help him calm down.

by Anonymousreply 67July 18, 2020 4:27 AM

With Wilbur Hatch conducting the Desi Arnaz Orchestra,

by Anonymousreply 68July 18, 2020 4:37 AM

Sources on the set say that Lucy hates Whitney Cummings and calls her "Whitney Cum Dumpster."

by Anonymousreply 69July 18, 2020 4:40 AM

The episode of Lucy collapsing while trying to keep pace at an Amazon distribution center was a howler!

by Anonymousreply 70July 18, 2020 4:41 AM

I've heard that rumor, too, R69. They say she was pushing for her to be fired and replaced by Mary Jane Croft -But she suddenly changed her mind. I'm sure there's a story there, somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 71July 18, 2020 4:45 AM

And what about the episode where Lucy has a seizure when Stamos tricks her into recording a "commercial" for his "Peruvian Powie Powder"!

by Anonymousreply 72July 18, 2020 4:46 AM

This show ripped off Three's Company not once but twice! First time was when the entire cast implausibly went on a camping trip together and the second time was when the entire cast went to Lucy's aunt Becky's farm. Sorry, but Three's did it MUCH better!

by Anonymousreply 73July 18, 2020 4:58 AM

I loved that camping trip episode! Lucy spilled honey on her sleeping bag and the bear came into the tent! And then she borrowed Stamos' sleeping bag, so he had to share with Nathan. When Nathan looked into John's eyes and said, "Be gentle." I nearly wet myself. And so did John!

by Anonymousreply 74July 18, 2020 5:03 AM

Sounds like a Punchy Player’s skit.

by Anonymousreply 75July 18, 2020 5:04 AM

Bette Davis was never asked back to guest star on the show after she "accidentally" set fire to the set when she "accidentally" dropped a lit cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 76July 18, 2020 5:10 AM

I hope Hollywood is listening. We're mining comedy gold here!

by Anonymousreply 77July 18, 2020 5:11 AM

Jake Gyllenhaal coming out and saying, "I'm CUT, OKAY?" during the socially distanced hair salon episode was cute.

Too bad they had to recast with Jerry O'Connell when they decided to make the character and catchphrase the Urkel of the show.

by Anonymousreply 78July 18, 2020 5:15 AM

I loved the episode where Lucy refused to go out on a blind date, so Nathan dragged up and went in her place. And then Lucy had a change of heart and showed up at the table! I never saw anything like it before! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 79July 18, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote]Jake Gyllenhaal coming out and saying, "I'm CUT, OKAY?" during the socially distanced hair salon episode was cute.

And then Paul Lynde said "I'll be the judge of that" and the studio audience howled!

by Anonymousreply 80July 18, 2020 5:19 AM

How come we never see Sinbad as the doorman? We only hear his voice over the intercom. :(

by Anonymousreply 81July 18, 2020 5:20 AM

Remember, in the camping trip episode, when Lucy tried to sleep in that hammock? She kept flippin' outta it and it was so obvious that the "ground" was made up of several green, spongy mats. HILAR!

by Anonymousreply 82July 18, 2020 5:20 AM

My favorite episode so far is the one where Lucy worked as an Uber driver but of course she didn't know how to drive. I was laughing so hard when she drove her Prius on the sidewalk and crashed into the newsstand!

by Anonymousreply 83July 18, 2020 5:20 AM

That was a classic, R83. Did you notice the cameo by Mel Brooks as the owner of the newsstand? You just got a glimpse of his face as the ambulance men took him away. He should have got an Emmy nod for that.

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2020 5:23 AM

That kid playing Ricky Junior Junior Junior can't act.

by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2020 5:57 AM

Having Roy Rowan once again announcing at the end of each episode, "This has been a Desilu production" gives me a very reassuring feeling all over.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2020 6:11 AM

Does Lucy dye her hair?

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2020 6:16 AM

I didn't care for the "very special episode" when Lucy stopped by Kate and Allie's apartment to drop off a subway token she'd borrowed only to discover Kate was nowhere to be found and Allie was in a coma from a terribly violent home invasion.

Very special episodes always get me down.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2020 6:17 AM

Look for my new sitcom, "Gang Way for Livy'" , in September!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2020 6:20 AM

[quote]Does Lucy dye her hair?

That hair has been a wig since 1961.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2020 6:23 AM

That's not fair, R88! Susan Saint James wasn't available to film that week, and Jane Curtain had previously refused to work with John Stamos ever again after a Misunderstanding on a late-night comedy sketch show. That put a very unfair burden on Frederick Koehler and Ari Meyers.

by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2020 6:23 AM

I'm surprised the show didn't get cancelled after that cameo appearance by Jeffrey Epstein. What was CBS thinking when they allowed that?

by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2020 6:28 AM

R76, I heard from a friend of a friend who worked in the make-up dept. that Bette Davis didn't actually drop a lit cigarette. The fire was started when they lit all the candles on Lucy's birthday cake and things got out of hand. Lucy was pissed, and claimed Bette had stolen a pack of her Chesterfields. According to my sources, Lucy muttered, "Shoulda hired Joan Crawford again," under her breath but Bette heard her and slapped her face. The two started tussling and somehow the lit birthday cake got knocked over. Next thing you knew, the whole set was on fire and everyone was running around screaming. Except Stamos and Lane, who missed the whole thing because they were going over their lines in Lane's trailer. Thank god Sinbad had the presence of mind to save Lucy's wigs, so filming was able to continue the next day!

by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2020 6:40 AM

Remember the episode that tried to spin off Sinbad's character? Not one of their best.

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2020 6:44 AM

Why oh why did they pick Helen Lawson, of all people, to guest star on the special live episode? The controversy about Helen breaking character and calling Lucy a "cunt" on live television was akin to the Janet/Nipplegate Superbowl fiasco. I mean really, if you hire Helen Lawson, you GET Helen Lawson. The outrage was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2020 6:56 AM

Recurring guest stars Lucy Liu and B. D. Wong as the couple in the dry cleaning shop that has seen better days, but put their son threw Harvard Law. The son is friends with John Stamos and Whitney Cummings but the parents hate those people and they like Lucy the cat lady even if they keep it a secret that they like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2020 7:13 AM

The best episodes were when Lucy and the gang are in Hollywood because Nathan Lane’s character got the title role in Ryan Murphy’s Netflix series “Don Juan.” Lucy gets jealous when Murphy’s PR guy sets Nathan up with a group of barely legal Hollywood twinks to attend a film premiere. When he returns to their hotel room the next morning, Lucy accuses Nathan of staying out with the twinks all night (all of whom are hiding under the bed).

Lea Michele guest stars as the bitchy chambermaid who starts the food fight by hurling a bowl of Aunt Sally’s Pecan Pralines at Lucy, Nathan, and the twinks. Hilarity ensues!

by Anonymousreply 97July 18, 2020 11:57 AM

Just seeing Lucy back on CBS made me rock HARD!

by Anonymousreply 98July 18, 2020 1:40 PM

Next week’s episode: after Lucy tests positive for Covid 19, she’s determined to break quarantine so she can enter the socially-distanced talent contest at the senior center. Despite a series of elaborate but dated disguises (a hillbilly, a man in top hat and tails, a sexy movie star), she can’t get past Sinbad in the lobby. Luckily the scene where she resorts to a hilarious blackface disguise is cut at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 99July 18, 2020 1:41 PM

I loved the one where Lucy's old neighbor (Fannie Flagg) admits she's in love with her.

"Lesbian? Lesbian? No, no, no, I'm strictly dickly, Fannie!"

by Anonymousreply 100July 18, 2020 1:54 PM

I can't wait for next week's show. Stamos's stalker-like ex girlfriend reappears. And to deter her, Lucy pretends she's pregnant with John's baby!

by Anonymousreply 101July 18, 2020 2:09 PM

I heard Patty Duke guest starred as a protester in front of Lucy's apartment building, but Lucy had her cut out in editing.

by Anonymousreply 102July 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Ate a Richard Widmark grapefruit and not feeling so great. Paging Dr. Bombay!

by Anonymousreply 103July 18, 2020 2:31 PM

R99 I hear it's a two parter, after Lucy recovers she declares herself a Cuomosexual and is arrested for flashing her cooter in front of the Governor's Mansion.

by Anonymousreply 104July 18, 2020 3:52 PM

It was hell working on that show. I lasted six weeks as a production assistant before I had a nervous breakdown. Miss Ball was always throwing hot coffee at me and calling me "Stewardess".

by Anonymousreply 105July 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Lucy is such a bitch! I mean, the nerve of billing me eighth??!????

Quick, where's her dressing room? I gotta shit in her wig!

by Anonymousreply 106July 18, 2020 4:19 PM

You didn't mention the landlord's wife! At least I finally get to be married to someone my own age.

by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2020 4:22 PM

In a very special episode, shot in a single take, Lucy (109 years old), is approached by a nice man in her local Chinese restaurant. It is soon revealed that the man (Lin-Manuel Miranda, 40) is the son Lucy put up for adoption when she was a young Ziegfeld girl, and had an affair with Hector, a Puerto-Rican Bomba drummer she met dancing at El Morocco. And the adorable toddler, who looks just like his grandfather Hector. Lucy, tearing up, remember's Hectors eyes, staring into the eyes of the grandson she will never get to know.

by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2020 4:33 PM

I knew a girl named Lucy.

And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 109July 18, 2020 4:36 PM

The word is that Lucy will be hosting SNL's opening show of the season..

And she's filming her segments in London!

by Anonymousreply 110July 18, 2020 4:45 PM

"Gangway" was originally slated to be OANN's first ever comedy. Lucy was excited to bring her show to her favorite network, but Gary Morton talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 111July 18, 2020 5:10 PM

I love the "Gang Way For Lucy" theme song. The studio wanted Melissa Manchester to do it, but Lucy insisted on Dionne Warwick.

by Anonymousreply 112July 18, 2020 5:19 PM

This just in: Kaye Ballard will make three guest appearances as Angela Rossini, the proprietor of the Sicilian restaurant down the street, now so old that she sits in her wheelchair barking orders. Rossini will be Nathan Lane's mother who refers to him as "my darling baby boy", just as Kaye did in the musical "Carnival" and her son Jerry on "The Mothers-in-Law".

by Anonymousreply 113July 18, 2020 5:24 PM

The bukkake scene at the end of the opening credits was quite....something.

by Anonymousreply 114July 18, 2020 5:28 PM

Lucy rapping......what can possibly be said about that?

by Anonymousreply 115July 18, 2020 5:29 PM

John Stamos is the age Lucille Ball was on the first season of Here's Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 116July 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Who's that young lay-dee

With the freshly taped face

Who's that girl young girl

Muggin' all over the place

Why I've seen the girl before

And she's reclaiming her ol' space

Gang way for Lucy!

She's back in town!

by Anonymousreply 117July 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Lucy has been going to that Chinese joint for half a century. Old man Wong has been charging her 1.80 for the Menu No. 2 for as long. But Old Man Wong is not in the restaurant and Lucy is mortified to discover Menu No. 2 costs 29.90 now. She doesn't have the cash. She's crying and is very confused. That is when the nice man (Lin-Manuel Miranda) approaches and pays the bill and invites Lucy to have tea and desert at his table. Lucy opens a fortune cookie that reads "You will find a lost treasure." When Lucy is gazing into her unknown grandson's eyes, we enter her imagination and are transported in time to the NY in the 30s. As this is all done in 1 live take, the side of the Chinese restaurant drops away to transform into El Morroco and Lin-Manuel (40) performs as his father Hector (21) and Lucy (109) appears as her young self (17).

by Anonymousreply 118July 18, 2020 5:31 PM

Everybody is still calling Lucy "young lady" every five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 119July 18, 2020 5:34 PM

Is she writing those scripts herself?

by Anonymousreply 120July 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Is it true that there was a nationwide Vaseline shortage once production began?

by Anonymousreply 121July 18, 2020 6:01 PM

Lucy turned down Amy Schumer to play her great-great grand daughter. "I don't want fat people on my show!" she said. Amy sighed, "I guess you can't change someone who is well over 100 for fat shaming. She knows no better."

by Anonymousreply 122July 18, 2020 6:01 PM

Thank you, R117, for sharing the opening theme song lyrics! Dionne's diction isn't what is was. I was always hearing "freshly-taped face" as "fleshy ape face" -I'm mortified that I've been singing it wrong in front of company!

by Anonymousreply 123July 18, 2020 6:43 PM

I can't believe they're still using the "Here's Lucy" puppet on her new show's intro.

OK, they've slowed it down a little...but still.

by Anonymousreply 124July 18, 2020 6:49 PM

Sorry, no fatties and no Diahann Carroll too!

We feature one colored lady and soon we'll have to feature 'em all!

by Anonymousreply 125July 18, 2020 6:51 PM

[quote]—Lucy, 109 and counting

So old.

by Anonymousreply 126July 18, 2020 6:59 PM

Lucy? Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 127July 18, 2020 7:01 PM

Sinbad is colored! And there is a very special colored person episode - Lucy's Christmas in Harlem, guest-starring Nipsey Russel (102 dead years old) and Ben Vereen (still alive) playing Nispsey's son. Nipsey plays an old pal of Lucy - he had a shoe shine shop on down near Wall Street and helped out with Lucy in a soup kitchen before the Great War (WWII). Now he owns the last children's shoe shop in Harlem, well his son ben runs it, and also throws a big Christmas party for the street urchins of Harlem. Ben always plays Santa but he caught in a Hurricane down in Mexico at a shoe convention so Lucy steps in to play Santa, in blackface, because Santa is black in Harlem. Meanwhile Ben moves mountains to be able to get home for the party and arrives halfway through the episode to find the kids tap dancing with Lucy-Santa. So there's a big dance number.

by Anonymousreply 128July 18, 2020 7:12 PM

The episode where Lucy thought she joined Instagram but instead accidentally joined Pornhub was really funny.

by Anonymousreply 129July 18, 2020 7:17 PM

Also look for the Lucy's Pride episode with special guest stars Charles Nelson Reilly, Nico Tortorella, Portia de Rossi and Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 130July 18, 2020 7:22 PM

Lucy thinks she is getting on the Staten Island Ferry to visit the grave of her cat she lost in 1947, but in fact she embarks on a gay cruise. Extra special guest Sandra Bernard, who recreates the iconic Anyone Here For Love number but instead of jumping into the pool, the boys jump overboard, horrified.

by Anonymousreply 131July 18, 2020 7:27 PM

Then Lucy and Sandra sing Bosom Buddy, and it's surprisingly good and moving. The boys are in tears and throw florescent neoprene harnesses and cockrings onto the stage.

by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2020 7:32 PM

I am not working on that cracker bitch's show no matter how much they offer me. She was never funny.

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2020 7:35 PM

Bill Cosby was supposed to guest star on one episode. Lucy went over to his house to talk about the role, but something happened and she's never spoken to him again.

by Anonymousreply 134July 18, 2020 7:45 PM

In “Lucy Breaks the Internet” she visits her bachelor neighbor Ken Berry and snoops on his laptop while he checks on the creme brulee. Of course she hits the wrong hotkey combo and uploads his marathon fisting session with Sid Caeser to Instagram. Suffice it to say that dessert was forgotten!

by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2020 8:13 PM

OP, WHY did you pick a still from "Mame"? It just threw me off.

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2020 8:13 PM

William Frawley returns to reprise his roll as Fred Mertz's sister 'Fran' in the 'Ricky Asks For A Raise' episode. Fun is sure to be had by all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2020 8:21 PM

Meghan and Harry as the directors of the soup kitchen where Lucy was volunteering was quite amusing when Lucky got the soup pot stuck on Harry's head and couldn't get it off. Echoes of Liz and Dick.

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] Lucy went over to his house to talk about the role, but something happened and she's never spoken to him again.

Bitch, even I have standards.

I ain't fucking a cobweb. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2020 8:42 PM

R136 The filter they used on "Mame" was a strong one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2020 8:44 PM

The all-time classic Christmas episode was in the third season, when Lucy has no money to buy gifts for her friends, so she decides to sell her hair -but no one will buy it! Stamos and Cummings take pity on her and leave a $50 bill on the doormat for her to find, but Nathan finds it first and pockets it. He gives it to Sinbad the doorman as a tip, and he in turn gives it to Lucy Arnaz to place a bet for him. She gets busy shopping for Depends and forgets to place the bet. She feels terribly guilty, but fortunately Sinbad's team lost. She then decides she can't keep the money and leaves it at Lucy's door for her to find. Such a sweet story! Of course Lucy finds it this time, and she is elated! She immediately rushes out into the newly-fallen snow and buys a new personal vibrator. The entire cast sings, "Santa Baby" over the closing credits.

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2020 11:36 PM

This thread is crazy funny - and thanks to [141] for a most detailed and hilarious plot. It's really great that so many have a sense of humor in today's turbulent times. It gives me hope that humanity may survive in spite of the feedlot idiots that seem to control the media.

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2020 12:06 AM

It's funny but I always find Datalounge to be rather a confirmation that we're on the highway to hell.

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2020 12:55 AM

I like the one where she stops in the middle of the kitchen and begins to cry when she realizes that she has no idea where she is.

by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2020 1:30 AM

Lucy wants to tell Nathan they’re having a baby, but can’t get him alone long enough to deliver the happy news. Lucy hatches a scheme to show up at the club that night wearing a prosthetic baby bump, but it’s a really cheap one from Amazon that begins to leak when Lucy accidentally punctures it with her salad fork. When a puddle of synthetic goo starts to seep from under Lucy’s chair, Nathan realizes what his wife was trying to tell him all along, and starts sobbing with joy. The episode ends with Lucy, sperm donor David Crosby, and their surrogate (special guest star Mrs. Alec Baldwin) joining Nathan on stage to sing “She’s Having My Contracted Baby” while signing off on all the paperwork.

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2020 2:06 AM

Poor Lucy, working with Nathan makes her look so old and out of it.

Nathan's routines were tired before Lucy ever hit the stage!

by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2020 2:47 AM

Did you bitches see last night's episode? Bob Hope was the guest star, playing a used car salesman who tries to sell Lucy a "lemon." He told all his own jokes, the same ones he's been doing in his act for 75 years. God, I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2020 2:50 AM

Ah -That was the beginning of a great series of episodes -Lucy's surrogate-pregnancy cravings for ice cream with pickles and ketchup; shoplifting baby clothes... But the real classic episode was the birth, where Stamos takes Lucy and the surrogate to the hospital with identical labor pains. Meanwhile Nathan has been called and he is trying to make his way to the hospital through BLM protest, and about to be arrested for not wearing a mask. A sympathetic marcher, played by Janet Jackson, whips off her bra for Nathan to use as a mask (there was no wardrobe malfunction). When he finally arrives at the hospital he is refused entrance and has to dress up as a nurse in order to sneak in -just as the baby is born. Hilarity ensues when they discover the sperm donor for the baby was not David Crosby, but Bill Cosby!

by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2020 2:55 AM

I thought it was a little insensitive to have Lucy’s new trans downstairs neighbor be portrayed by Halle Berry in FTM drag. Surely they could’ve enlisted an actual trans man of color. I for one am cancelling the shit out of this show, and if Lucy wasn’t so ubiquitous I’d opt to cancel zhir too altogether.

by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2020 4:39 AM

R147 Lucy shopped for a used car on the Lower East side of Manhattan because why? To park where?

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2020 4:54 AM

r150 has anything on any of Lucy's shows ever made any goddamn sense?

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2020 4:55 AM

I loved the episode where Lucy found Gale Gordon passed out in his homemade multi- hole gloryhole. Poor Lucy was having to give handjobs left and right to all the cocks that kept popping in like whack a moles. You thought a conveyer belt full of chocolate was hard to keep up with.

by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2020 5:16 AM

^^^ And wasn't it funny when she found out that she had sucked off John Stamos with hi thinking it was Gale? Comedy gold!

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2020 5:26 AM

Who told Lucy it was a good idea to wear a vagina hat and growl along with Helen Reddy as she sang "I Am Woman" on the podium at the Women's March?

by Anonymousreply 154July 19, 2020 5:30 AM

The surrogate episode was funny. I loved Phyllis Diller as the "wacky" receptionist at the fertility clinic where Lucy went to donate her eggs.

by Anonymousreply 155July 19, 2020 5:39 AM

[quote] The surrogate episode was funny. I loved Phyllis Diller as the "wacky" receptionist at the fertility clinic where Lucy went to donate her eggs.

She was a last-minute replacement after Edith Massey died and Divine was busy doing an unsold pilot to play Ralph Kramden in a [italic]Honeymooners[/italic] reboot.

by Anonymousreply 156July 19, 2020 5:41 AM

The episode where Lucy and Viv don sheitels in order to get counter jobs at Katz Deli turns into comedy gold when the manager finds out they can't speak Yiddish.

by Anonymousreply 157July 19, 2020 5:41 AM

[quote] The episode where Lucy and Viv don sheitels in order to get counter jobs at Katz Deli turns into comedy gold when the manager finds out they can't speak Yiddish.

Jackie Mason was in rare form reacting with the Yiddish equivalent of "Mira que tiene cosa la mujer muy loca en la cabeza…"

by Anonymousreply 158July 19, 2020 5:42 AM

Is anyone going to talk about the obligatory musical episode from Season 4? The duet between Stamos and Lane was great, but it was rather painful when Lucy joined them for the reprise. Neither guy could sing that low without croaking. Thank god for Sinbad and the comedy song through the intercom! Guest star Pia Zadora was rumored to have dubbed the high notes in Lucy's "Soliloquy" but I say that voice was pure Balls.

by Anonymousreply 159July 19, 2020 5:57 AM

I liked the episode where Eminem guest stars and has a freestyle rap battle with Lucy. Also starring Van Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 160July 19, 2020 6:59 AM

The very special episode where Lucy joined a gang was Peabody-worthy. Watching Lucy learn gang signs despite having crippling arthritis was a sight to behold. Having Gary Coleman play a cop who breaks up the gang after arresting Emmanuel Lewis for shoplifting was a stroke of brilliance. Kenan and Kel were surprisingly good as gang members. I almost cried when the cops beat up Lucy and dragged her and her fellow gang members to jail.

by Anonymousreply 161July 19, 2020 7:08 AM

I like halloween Night at the Museum episode. Lucy and Kay Ballard are having a late snack at the MET cafeteria and they are dawdling because they heard they can get 1/4 price sandwiches at closing time. Kaye chokes on a prune pit and they go to the ladies room to freshen up and the Museum closes. They visit the Renaissance amor collections and make quite a racket, and one of the suits of amor comes alive and chases them away. At the Temple of Dendur, they run into Nefertiti, played by Grace Jones. Then go to the Costume Institute and try to squeeze into haute couture and avant garde pieces. Special guest star cameos Jennifer Coolidge as a cool (but lesbian) night guard, and Angie Dickinson as herself, just walking around, unnoticed by Lucy, in different galleries.

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2020 7:21 AM

[quote] Lucy rapping......what can possibly be said about that?

That's how she should have done [italic]Mame[/italic]: talk-singing it like Rex Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2020 7:24 AM

I loved last winter's episode that marked Meghan and Harry's first Hollywood screen appearances, after Meghan decided that Lucy was a big enough legend to appear with her. But I've read it was a difficult shoot with Harry sucking his thumb in the corner between takes and Meghan terrorizing the set otherwise. When Lucy finally confronted her....

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2020 7:44 AM

Lucy trying to recreate the Blossom credits dance with Mayim Bialik would have been a scream if she hadn't been screaming in pain after cracking her pelvis while doing a side split.

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2020 8:45 AM

Nope, R4! You might’ve been asleep for 30+ years but Miss Lucille Ball is alive and kicking, and turns 109 in a few short weeks!

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2020 10:13 AM

It's so hard to pick a favorite. I love the season 2 laugh fest "Fuck Terminix," affectionately known as "the roach stomping" episode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2020 12:25 PM

...But, I can't help chuckling when I think of the ghost of Whitney's grandfather, Bob Cummings, guest starring as the voice in Lucy's head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 19, 2020 12:29 PM

R159 Lucy singing Bosom Buddies backed by Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari in drag was a hoot, Her transition into Billy Joel’s ‘My Life’ while swinging from a chandelier puts Pink to shame.

by Anonymousreply 169July 19, 2020 1:03 PM

I hated the Very Special Episode where Lucie Arnaz takes in extra work as a taxi driver and accidentally receives a $100 tip from Lauren Bacall. (Lucy says, “Betty would NEVER be so nice to the working class on purpose!” and calls Lucie a thief!) She feels guilty about having so much unearned money, so Sinbad suggests she do something nice with it. She ends up donating it to help Valerie Harper on her deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 170July 19, 2020 1:28 PM

The episode guest starring Miley Cyrus, in which a naked Lucy swings around a New York City construction site on a real wrecking ball, hasn’t been seen since its premiere. Apparently, NathanLu Productions pulled it from reruns/syndication because the sight of rotting flesh swinging above the city was found to cause PTSD among viewers.

by Anonymousreply 171July 19, 2020 1:29 PM

Netflix just announced it's pulling the funny "Gone With the Wind" parody episode with Nathan and Lucy in blackface as "Mammy" and "Prissy." That's a shame, John Stamos was a very dashing Rhett and Sinbad finally got to be seen as "Uncle Peter."

by Anonymousreply 172July 19, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] I liked the episode where Eminem guest stars and has a freestyle rap battle with Lucy. Also starring Van Johnson.

I could have done without Eminem calling Van Johnson a "f@g" and spraypainting the word on his Studebaker. Still, I'm surprised the network allowed that.

by Anonymousreply 173July 19, 2020 4:12 PM

I'm surprised the censors let Tallulah say, "Well.....Lucy never sucked MY cock!"

CBS is so....edgy these days!

by Anonymousreply 174July 19, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote] CBS is so....edgy these days!

Ever since they broadcast that Bob Newhart sex tape, they've changed.

by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2020 4:24 PM

Lucy's old pal Carole Cook, 96, guest stars as an exposed ganglia nerve.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2020 4:33 PM

Having Lucy back on CBS in a new sitcom has been one of 2020's few bright spots. We love you Lucy! Welcome back!

by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2020 4:39 PM

Gabe Kaplan's Groucho Marx impression combined with Lucy's Harpo Marx impression was a real Tour de France!

by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2020 4:41 PM

And who knew Newhart could suck his own cock?

Explains why he was never chasing after the ladies......

by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2020 5:57 PM

The bits with Carol Burnett as a feuding neighbor are a gas.

Watching Carol electrocute Lucy with a fallen live wire was hilarious, and Carol singing "Hard Hearted Hannah" to the smoking remains was especially funny, yet poignant.

by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2020 5:59 PM

My favorite was the episode with Lucy trying to start an eBay store and her trying to exchange a large shipment of dildos when she had ordered a similarly sized shipment of plastic dodos from an unsold toy line about extinct animals. I'll never forget the look on her face after she opened one of the boxes, or when she told the FedEx guy (played by Billy West, better known as the voice of Fry from [italic]Futurama[/italic]):

LUCY: I can't keep all these dildos! Where am I going to stick them?

DELIVERY GUY: I'll give you three guesses!

by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2020 6:08 PM

Supposedly, Beyoncé was supposed to guest star, but she stormed off the set. Does anyone know what happened?

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2020 6:43 PM

r182 Special guest star Lea Michele shit in her wig.

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2020 7:50 PM

They're working on another post Covid episode now, where Lucy and her old friend Mitzi (Bea Arthur, making her posthumous return to TV) put on a show at the old folks' home, with updated lyrics to Bosom Buddies.

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2020 11:58 PM

Her show is sponsored by Westinghouse ...and Philip Morris??

How in the world is that even allowed? And besides, I thought Lucy smoked Chesterfields.

Anyway, it's nice to see Betty Furness again.

by Anonymousreply 185July 20, 2020 12:12 AM

I thought Philip Morris cigs were discontinued years ago. They must've put them back on the market just for Lucy's new show.

by Anonymousreply 186July 20, 2020 12:15 AM

They keep trying to style John as a younger Desi....but slicking his hair back is a bit much.

Although getting a shot of John's cock hanging out of the fly of those old baggy 50s high waisted pants was a treat.

by Anonymousreply 187July 20, 2020 12:16 AM

Lucy is doing the commercial breaks for Philip Morris, just like she used to do on I Love Lucy. She's in a sports bra and leggings in the gym when she holds the pack up to the camera and says "whether it's Pilates, yoga, or Crossfit, nothing satisfies at the end of your workout than the refreshing taste of Philip Morris." Then she lights one up right there in the gym.

by Anonymousreply 188July 20, 2020 12:19 AM

The Kate and Allie reboot follows this show.

by Anonymousreply 189July 20, 2020 12:55 AM

R162

This is the most Datalounge sentence ever posted-

[quote] Special guest star cameos Jennifer Coolidge as a cool (but lesbian) night guard, and Angie Dickinson as herself, just walking around, unnoticed by Lucy, in different galleries.

by Anonymousreply 190July 20, 2020 1:08 AM

The real story, R182, is that when the cast was gathering for the first table read of the script Beyoncé overheard Lucy asking Nathan, "What is she? She looks like she's part negro and part oriental." Before Nathan could reply, Lucy stood up and pointed at Beyoncé down the table. "You, with the big tits," she demanded, "what are you? Are you black, brown, yellow, or what?" Beyoncé, for some reason, took offense at this and walked off. Lucy was later heard berating the casting director, demanding "No more uppity bitches with big tits!" The role of Woman Behind Makeup Counter At Saks was recast with Beverly Archer. -- I got this from my boyfriend's ex's sister-in-law, who worked as script girl during the second season.

by Anonymousreply 191July 20, 2020 2:06 AM

I have had sufficient — of this thread

by Anonymousreply 192July 20, 2020 4:15 AM

This thread had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 193July 20, 2020 4:20 AM

And now it sinks, like a STONE PILLOW

by Anonymousreply 194July 20, 2020 4:22 AM

This thread is over?? Will we never hear about the episode where the cast does a community theatre production of Follies? I loved "The Story of Lucy and [Uncle] Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 195July 20, 2020 4:55 AM

I thought it was cute when they got all the former Annies to sing "Tomorrow" to Lucy's Miss Hannigan in the episode where Lucy's granddaughter had a nightmare about being an orphan. But hearing her try to croak out "Little Girls" was just painful. Miss Hannigan is a functional drunk, not a chain smoker.

by Anonymousreply 196July 20, 2020 4:59 AM

Rumor has it that Whitney Cummings is a diva cunt nightmare on the set and they're going to kill off her character and bring Jennifer Aniston in as John Stamos's sister.

Remember when they did that shit with Sandy Duncan on The Hogan Family?

by Anonymousreply 197July 20, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote] Rumor has it that Whitney Cummings is a diva cunt nightmare on the set and they're going to kill off her character and bring Jennifer Aniston in as John Stamos's sister.

Do I have wax in my ears or did I just hear someone jumping me?

by Anonymousreply 198July 20, 2020 5:05 AM

What made the "Annie" episode so funny, R196, is that Lucy's granddaughter is over 50 years old. Nathan refused to shave his head to play Daddy Warbucks, so they got Jack Nicholson to make a very rare television appearance. Little bit creepy when he sang "I Don't Need Anything But You" with 18-year-old Lilla Crawford (the most recent Broadway Annie).

by Anonymousreply 199July 20, 2020 5:49 AM

I hope someone tries to MAME R194.

by Anonymousreply 200July 20, 2020 7:14 AM

Is it true that when Ellen guest-starred Lucy broke down in her dressing room and said, ‘And they say I’M a bitch’?

by Anonymousreply 201July 20, 2020 9:02 AM

Look for G in an unbilled cameo. Blink and you miss it!

I’m glad for her - she needs the work.

by Anonymousreply 202July 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Realizing that this thread has jumped the shark, Lucy decides to reinvent herself and the show. Now called “The Gang Way for Lucille Ball” show, the new series features Lucy as Lucy Diamonds, a secretary at a fictional recording studio desperately trying to break into rap music stardom. Nathan Lane, John Stamos, and Whitney Cummings have been replaced by a diverse cast led by Jussie Smollett and Tiffany Haddish as her exasperated children, Bai Ling as the studio’s exasperated HR director, and Caitlyn Jenner as her wacky best friend. Gale Gordon is back as studio boss.

In this week’s episode, Lucy tries to convince guest star Kanye West to choose her as his vice presidential running mate. Chaos ensues when Lucy and Caitlyn disguise themselves as long-lost Kardashian sisters “Krystal” and “Krappy” to sneak into Kanye’s hotel suite. Unfortunately for the girls, the gig is up when their prosthetic asses exploded. In the end, Lucy and Caitlyn join Kanye to perform an original rap song, “Young Lady Croaks the Blues.”

by Anonymousreply 203July 20, 2020 11:22 AM

This show really brought Lucy back after that disastrous stint on Grey's Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 204July 20, 2020 1:28 PM

I loved that scene when Lucy screamed at Gale.

"Who the fuck is Rula Lenska?.......Well, tell her to cram that VO5 bottle up her twat!"

by Anonymousreply 205July 20, 2020 2:00 PM

The "Sisters Reunited" episode had Lucy finding out that nun Kathleen Freeman (repeating her "Blues Brothers" episode as Sister Stigmata) had a long-lost twin sister who was a foul mouthed landlady, Freeman's same character from "Dragnet". The episode ended with a slow-motion chase sequence of Stigmata chasing her cursing sister with a ruler, and Lucy trying to intervene. Sandra Gould, as Mrs. Kravitz, made a guest appearance, peaking out the window, screaming "Abner! Abner!" as the three old ladies ran by, but unfortunately, Abner was now nothing but a skeleton, and the senile Gladys didn't notice the difference.

by Anonymousreply 206July 20, 2020 2:49 PM

The "very special episode" was too sad. And Mary Wickes as the old prostitute.....well, someone's whoring for an Emmy nom!

by Anonymousreply 207July 20, 2020 3:23 PM

The reboot trend is out of control now, what with the upcoming Eve Arden show "Summer's Eve."

by Anonymousreply 208July 20, 2020 3:24 PM

I haven’t followed the show (or even this thread) too closely, especially since they keep switching it’s time slot.

Does little Lucie figure in all this? I heard she wanted to play something “sophisticated” (a lounge singer out to entrap Lane’s character???) but then Big Lucy got confused on her daughter’s first day and told her, “”Wash your face, you look like a whore” (???)

TRUE ? !

by Anonymousreply 209July 20, 2020 4:53 PM

In the season finale, Landlord hears unearthly moans coming from Lucy's apartment and lets himself in to investigate if this could be The End. But instead walks in on her and new series regular Dick Van Dyke making hot monkey love!

by Anonymousreply 210July 20, 2020 5:05 PM

Dick's huge dick, even wrinkly, elicits gasps and moans from the audience!

by Anonymousreply 211July 20, 2020 5:06 PM

Whistling a few bars of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” during the afterglow was the cherry on top of that scene.

by Anonymousreply 212July 20, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote]Dick's huge dick, even wrinkly, elicits gasps and moans from the audience!

Not as many gasps as when he tripped over the ottoman and broke his hip.

by Anonymousreply 213July 20, 2020 5:12 PM

There was a major outcry though that an embittered editor credited Dick as "Penis Van Lesbian" which set women's groups into a furious tizzy.

by Anonymousreply 214July 20, 2020 5:30 PM

I loved the one where Lucy and Martha Raye entered the annual Lower East Side Neighborhood Talent Show and sang "Toot Toot Tootsie" while dressed as flappers and doing the Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 215July 20, 2020 5:39 PM

R215 Martha looked great with her prosthetic legs!

by Anonymousreply 216July 20, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]I can play Lucy's great-great granddaughter!

[quote]—CZJ, still a RAVISHING thirty-five!

I'm available to play her mom!

by Anonymousreply 217July 20, 2020 5:58 PM

R209, Tiffany Haddish replace Lucie as Lucy’s daughter in the reboot.

In this week’s episode, Tiffany, Jussie, Lucy, and special guest star Rudy Vallee perform in the local hip hop talent show. Musical numbers include “Yo, 23 Skidoo” and “Gangsta’s Speakeasy.”

by Anonymousreply 218July 20, 2020 6:17 PM

Vivian Vance makes a special appearance next week. As part of their work-release program, Lucy and Viv find themselves on the assembly line at a Covid-19 vaccine factory. When they can't put the lids on the vaccines fast enough, they start drinking one dose of the vaccine after another. Rather than making them sick, the dozens of doses make them super-resistant and they're assigned to work as nurses in the Covid ward at Rikers Island, where at least they get to put on a little vaudeville act for the prisoners. Assembly Line Supervisor: Reta Shaw.

by Anonymousreply 219July 20, 2020 6:25 PM

Love Reta Shaw...!

by Anonymousreply 220July 20, 2020 6:29 PM

Lucy and John Stamos have such great chemistry together. Of course, the barely-concealed sexual tension has a lot to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 221July 20, 2020 6:40 PM

From this morning's NBC press release:

NBC is going to challenge the Lucy ratings monster by bringing you the long, long-awaited third season of The Mothers-in-Law, starring Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard. Herb Rudley will be back as Eve's husband Herb. Jerry Fogel and Deborah Walley will return as "the kids." Their twin babies, Joey and Hildy, will be played by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. In keeping with the tradition of getting a new actor every season to play Kay's husband, John Stamos, newly released from CBS' Gang Way For Lucy, will replace Roger C. Carmel/Richard Deacon. There's another tradition continuing there, but we're not supposed to talk about it. In a related press release John Stamos has said how much he looks forward to playing a more mature role, and has asked the writers to provide extra opportunities to bond with his on-screen grandson, a dynamic he says has long been missing from prime-time television. The show's original producer and sometime guest star, Desi Arnaz, will not be involved with the project, and had no comment when contacted.

by Anonymousreply 222July 20, 2020 8:09 PM

[quote] Lucy and John Stamos have such great chemistry together. Of course, the barely-concealed sexual tension has a lot to do with that.

She wanted John Amos but he wanted too much money and creative control.

by Anonymousreply 223July 20, 2020 8:14 PM

Is it true I MARRIED JOAN is getting a reboot?

by Anonymousreply 224July 20, 2020 8:14 PM

R224 I WILL not be back. That woman is impossible I tell you. IMPOSSIBLE!

by Anonymousreply 225July 20, 2020 8:16 PM

R222 (And that's NOT Room 222!) Will Eve Arden be known now as Old Mother Hubbard? Will Jeanette Nolan reprise her role as Kaye's Sicilian grandmother? How will John Stamos react to Kaye's karate chops? They probably aren't what they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 226July 20, 2020 8:18 PM

R224 ABC is in talks with Gale Storm. I do know that.

by Anonymousreply 227July 20, 2020 8:21 PM

What about the "woke" reboot of [italic]Amos 'n' Andy[/italic] that recasts the leads as gay lovers?

by Anonymousreply 228July 20, 2020 8:27 PM

The press release doesn't mention Jeanette Nolan, but a source did confirm that Arden and Ballard have a rider in their contract that allows them to sing their duet "Because" at least twice in every episode that doesn't contain a joke about garlic in Kaye's meatballs. If you think about it, it does sort of balance things out.

No, no, no, R228, Andy and Kingfish are the ones who will be lovers in the remake. The pilot script has Sapphire throwing the Kingfish out so she can have a new live-in lover, played by Bernadette Peters. (There's a hilarious joke about Sapphire preferring a new kind of fish, but I don't want to spoil it.) So he moves in with Andy and accidentally discovers Andy's stash of vintage Playgirl magazines and one thing leads to another. The legendary Ernestine Wade has already signed on as Sapphire, and Ramona Smith will appear in at least one episode as Sapphire's Mama. Tim Moore and Spencer Williams have expressed interest in coming back as George "Kingfish" Stevens and Andy Brown, but the studio is considering going with Daveed Diggs and Christopher Jackson to appeal to the young, hip, Hamilton crowd.

by Anonymousreply 229July 20, 2020 8:41 PM

And let's not forget the reboot of "Fay!"

Lee Grant is now a 90 year old single woman on the prowl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 20, 2020 9:11 PM

It’s sad about Charles Nelson Reilly. He really looked lost, like he didn’t know he was on set. He should really retire.

by Anonymousreply 231July 20, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]It’s sad about Charles Nelson Reilly. He really looked lost, like he didn’t know he was on set. He should really retire.

At least they made up for it by putting Tommy Sands, Tommy Steele, Tommy Kirk, and Tommy Tune together at long last.

by Anonymousreply 232July 20, 2020 9:32 PM

Is Chrissy Metz really going to guest star next season?

by Anonymousreply 233July 20, 2020 9:37 PM

I spit out my drink when Paul Lynde called Roz Russell a "cock juggling thunder cunt"

And Roz replied "Look who's talking, bitch!"

So nice to see them drunkenly hug at the end.

by Anonymousreply 234July 20, 2020 10:21 PM

THIS JUST IN! ABC/Disney has thrown its hat into the post-menopausal programming ring by announcing its 2020 reboot of the beloved 1960s “Hazel.” After a 28-year hiatus from the screen, the ever-popular Shirley Booth (122 years young!) returns as everyone’s favorite Caucasian, English-speaking domestic engineer. This time around, the role of George Baxter (“Mr. B”) will be played by “Family Matters” alum Reginald Vel Johnson, who brings to his new role deep professional experience in being upstaged by cartoonish sitcom characters (paging Steven Urkel!); DL fave Patty Deutsch as his nasally but devoted wife Dorothy; and the flamboyant gay kid from “Curb Your Enthusiasm” as their son, Harold. In the premiere, Hazel threatens to destroy Mr. Baxter’s important business deal when, after a minor fender bender in the supermarket parking lot, Hazel is recorded delivering a drunken, profanity-laced rant against his client’s wife, who just happens to be special guest star Miss Tallulah Bankhead. The deal seems lost when the video goes viral and the client learns that Hazel works for the Baxter’s. But—surprise!—Hazel’s rant becomes a national catchphrase (“Die in a grease fire, you cunty little bitch!”) and inspires Miss Tallulah to name her new perfume “Grease Fire.” The perfume sells out at department stores nationwide, the client rewards Mr. Baxter with all his business contracts for the next 10 years, and Hazel is allowed to keep her crappy job cleaning up after the Baxter family.

by Anonymousreply 235July 20, 2020 11:05 PM

Yes, Chrissy M. will be playing a gold digging fame whore who goes around impersonating famous opera diva Montserrat Caballé. Shades of Six Degrees of Separation. The kicker is the final scene where the real Caballé confronts her. Lucy forces them into a sing off of Mira, o Norma to determine which is the real star. But the two show up wearing the same dress and start stripping pieces off of each other's outfits. Laughs galore!

The title is "Two Tons of Fun."

by Anonymousreply 236July 20, 2020 11:05 PM

Hopefully, the grammatical errors in the press release won’t get the program canceled.

by Anonymousreply 237July 20, 2020 11:07 PM

Coming this fall on CBS: [italic]The Jeffer-Sans [/italic]

[BONG!!!!!]

Well, we're moving on up

To FAR east side,

To a deluxe pagoda in the sky-y-yyyy!

Gioroju Jeffer-San: Silence, gaijin! Lionel-San, you have dishonored your ancestors by marrying a foreigner! Even worse, her parents are both foreigners to each other!

Ruisu Jeffer-San: You dishonor your ancestors by being rude to our guests, except for your 102-year-old mother since insulted my sushi!

by Anonymousreply 238July 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Gioroju Jeffer-San: Florence, please answer the door without impertinence! That is the doorbell, Florence!

Florence: (looks briefly at door) It sho is.

by Anonymousreply 239July 20, 2020 11:26 PM

Is "Grease Fire" a chypre or a dirty oriental?

by Anonymousreply 240July 20, 2020 11:27 PM

Gold medal for shark jumping, R238!

by Anonymousreply 241July 20, 2020 11:46 PM

Bea Arthur is "Still Maude!"

by Anonymousreply 242July 20, 2020 11:49 PM

And Adrienne Barboobies is still packin'....

by Anonymousreply 243July 20, 2020 11:56 PM

Lucy is hoping for a big reunion of her high school chums. Wisconsin place with Rosalind Russell, Greer Garson, Bea Lillie, Sylvia Sidney, Constance Bennett, Angela Lansbury, Ann Miller, Janis Paige, Ginger Rogers, Jane Morgan and Ann Sothern appearing as friends from her drama club. It gets rambunctious when Lucy and her guests all try to perform Bosom Buddies into sums but each of the ladies keeps pushing one of the others off stage so they can take over the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 244July 21, 2020 12:01 AM

R244, are you sure you're not talking about the Follies episode?

by Anonymousreply 245July 21, 2020 12:03 AM

Lucy challenges old friends Vivian Vance, Mary Wickes, Mary Jane Croft and Joan Blondell to repeat various trends from each decade in the April Fool's episode "Across the Years". Their jiitterbug sees them in traction, and they have to somehow call the fire Department when they pile into the last remaining old fashioned phone booth at the main library on Fifth Avenue. Lucy tries to call the fire department collect, but Mary does have a dime in her purse even though a phone call is now a quarter. Finally Vivian pulls it out of her bra which is actually near her Orthopedic stocking. They are arrested when they streak through Times Square, and end up being given a strip search even while naked by Barbara Pepper, playing a 110 year old matron. Judith Lowry guest stars as a 130 year old woman who performs a citizen's arrest.

by Anonymousreply 246July 21, 2020 12:09 AM

Maybe Lucy and her friends should change the song to Boozy Biddies instead. Lucy repeats her "Queen of the Gypsies" voice and gets another Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 247July 21, 2020 12:12 AM

Has Kathryn Card been cast yet?

by Anonymousreply 248July 21, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote]No, no, no, [R228], Andy and Kingfish are the ones who will be lovers in the remake. The pilot script has Sapphire throwing the Kingfish out so she can have a new live-in lover, played by Bernadette Peters. (There's a hilarious joke about Sapphire preferring a new kind of fish, but I don't want to spoil it.) So he moves in with Andy and accidentally discovers Andy's stash of vintage Playgirl magazines and one thing leads to another. The legendary Ernestine Wade has already signed on as Sapphire, and Ramona Smith will appear in at least one episode as Sapphire's Mama. Tim Moore and Spencer Williams have expressed interest in coming back as George "Kingfish" Stevens and Andy Brown, but the studio is considering going with Daveed Diggs and Christopher Jackson to appeal to the young, hip, Hamilton crowd.

Will Sapphire get to plug her novel, "Push?"

by Anonymousreply 249July 21, 2020 12:56 AM

Yeah, except now it’ll be called “Bush.”

by Anonymousreply 250July 21, 2020 2:27 AM

Lucy wants the series syndicated to COZI TV, TV LAND, and PROLAPSE TV. She doesn’t understand that there aren’t enough episodes yet to reach syndication yet and she’s been throwing a fucking fit.

by Anonymousreply 251July 21, 2020 3:57 AM

"Is Chrissy Metz really going to guest star next season?"

Yep. Lucy goes to a fat farm to shed some alcohol lbs., and takes great sport in making fun of the rotund Metz ("I don't know whether to milk you or turn you out to graze" [canned laughter]). But her tone changes considerably when the place floods and Lucy uses Chrissy as a flotation device.

Chrissy drowns after diving deep to retrieve a granola bar, but Lucy survives. And while she does lose 5 pounds, she gains a newfound respect for the obese.

by Anonymousreply 252July 21, 2020 5:43 AM

Have they reanimated her or is she CGI?

by Anonymousreply 253July 21, 2020 5:46 AM

They’re just shooting her in REALLY soft focus.

by Anonymousreply 254July 21, 2020 10:09 AM

The producers and camera team have shared their blocking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 21, 2020 1:28 PM

Syndication? Let's see. There have been four seasons so far, with a grueling production schedule of six episodes per season (which leaves plenty of room for those residual-garnering reruns!). Carry the two... That leaves another thirteen seasons to go before we can syndicate. I'm sure Lucy's up to it.

by Anonymousreply 256July 21, 2020 6:03 PM

Taking a cue from Gilligan's Island, Lucy has ordered an episode that is a fantasy dream sequence. The early draft of the script has Lucy dreaming she is with the Robinson family on Lost In Space. Pink insert pages suggest they eliminated the idea of her being Dr. Smith's mother, and she is now Lucy, the Robinson's middle daughter. The LIS cast is signed to recreate their original roles, except for Marta Kristen who offered unprintable comments in her native Norwegian. Lucy's zany antics will cause the Jupiter II to crash on a planet of nubile nudists, where Major West and Will Robinson go crazy. Sheila Matthews Allen guest stars as a nurse. When Lucy wakes up, naked in bed, she does a take to the camera saying, "Now, I know I was wearing PJs when I went to bed last night!" Canned laughter and credits.

by Anonymousreply 257July 21, 2020 8:16 PM

"Lucy Adopts A Cat" was a cute episode. Ann B. Davis and Nancy Kulp did a great job playing the owners of the rescue cat shelter.

by Anonymousreply 258July 21, 2020 8:36 PM

Betty White and Lucy recreating Joan Collin's and Linda Evan's catfight was a real hoot! Too bad Betty knocked one of Lucy's teeth for real.

by Anonymousreply 259July 21, 2020 8:41 PM

[quote]Betty White and Lucy recreating Joan Collin's and Linda Evan's

Oh dear, oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 260July 21, 2020 8:45 PM

Fuck off, Apostrophe Monitor Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 261July 21, 2020 8:46 PM

Lucy going to jail for faking her great-grandniece's credentials as a master fingerpainting artist to get into an elite preschool was hilarious! Lori Loughlin playing John Stamos's ex-wife and the corrupt preschool admissions rep was genius casting.

by Anonymousreply 262July 21, 2020 9:06 PM

"Lucy Cuts the Cord": Lucy decides to ditch cable for a new smart TV, but she can't quite get the hang of the channel guide. Color her embarrassed when she invites the gang over for a movie night and accidentally pulls up a gay porn flick called [italic]Tight Twink Buttholes and Raw Daddy Dicks.[/italic] OOPS!

by Anonymousreply 263July 21, 2020 9:20 PM

New episodes have been announced:

Lucy Meets PewDieDie

Lucy Does Jury Duty with Rebel Wilson

Lucy and Ariana Grande Make a Hit

by Anonymousreply 264July 21, 2020 9:23 PM

No, no, it's "Lucy EATS PewDiePie."

by Anonymousreply 265July 21, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote] Color her embarrassed when she invites the gang over for a movie night and accidentally pulls up a gay porn flick called Tight Twink Buttholes and Raw Daddy Dicks. OOPS!

With special guests!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 21, 2020 9:25 PM

I loved "Lucy Becomes An Intern".

That's the episode in which becomes an intern for a thinly veiled Amy Klobuchar. Dodging staplers and forks really gave her a chance to show off her physical comedy skills.

She's still as limber as ever.

by Anonymousreply 267July 21, 2020 9:27 PM

^ I love that one too!

"Hey, this eatin' salad with a comb business ain't so bad once you get used to it!"

"Lucy, I told you [bold]FIVE MINUTES AGO[/bold] I need my #$@!*^& dry cleaning picked up!"

[Lucy makes the "spider noise" before ducking to avoid a flying can of chickpeas]

by Anonymousreply 268July 21, 2020 9:33 PM

The best part of that episode, R263, is when Nathan, who hasn't been seen at all during the episode, walks in during Tight Twink Buttholes and Raw Daddy Dicks, takes one look at the screen, and says, "You know, that's one of the rare instances where the sequel was better."

by Anonymousreply 269July 21, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote] Lucy going to jail for faking her great-grandniece's credentials as a master fingerpainting artist to get into an elite preschool was hilarious! Lori Loughlin playing John Stamos's ex-wife and the corrupt preschool admissions rep was genius casting.

That wasn’t my favorite jail episode. I preferred the episode where Lucy visited Ricky Schroder in jail by pretending to be his long-lost German grandmother, Helga Von Trapp Von Schwarzenegger Von Drugstore. I was going to bust a nut when she brought him a 50th birthday cake with a file in it. The concept that they would ever throw a woman into a man’s jail is ludicrous as fuck, but they made it work. But listening to Lucy and Ricky duet on “Babalu” while escaping during a prison riot has to be heard to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 270July 21, 2020 10:44 PM

The oldster trend can only go so far, though.

Harriet Nelson was going to make a brief cameo on Grace and Frankie, but they decided that Harriet's skeleton looked too fat next to Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 271July 21, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote] Harriet Nelson was going to make a brief cameo on Grace and Frankie, but they decided that Harriet's skeleton looked too fat next to Jane Fonda.

That’s why they replaced her with Gertrude Berg.

by Anonymousreply 272July 21, 2020 11:08 PM

Lucy was campaigning heavily to get one-time rival Gracie Allen to come out of retirement to do a guest spot on her show. She was completely undeterred when the producers told her that Allen had died in 1964. Lucy only relented when it was discovered that the 56-year-old corpse was much better looking than she was.

by Anonymousreply 273July 22, 2020 5:20 AM

R273 I hear they’ll be going to Plan B and inviting Florence Lawrence instead. She’s one of the only actresses they could (literally) dig up who looked older than Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 274July 22, 2020 10:05 AM

Lucy and Lucie decide to produce "Grey Gardens" for their community theater, but Carol Gallagher (guest star Carol Channing) who usually plays the leads in all the big musicals demands the role of Big Eadie. But during her rehearsal of "Jerry Likes My Corn", Carol forgets the lyrics (and where she is), and keeps repeating, "Corn? When did I eat corn?" The episode ends with Lucy taking over the part and getting a standing ovation for her determination to get through the song, let alone the whole performance.

by Anonymousreply 275July 22, 2020 12:33 PM

We mentioned Joan to Lucy and that lump started hissing like a radiator!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 22, 2020 7:33 PM

Lucy spots Lauren Bacall and Yoko Ono walking across the street from the Dakota to Central Park to walk their dogs. Lucy thinks she's being clever and Betty and Yoko don't know they're being followed throughout the Park. Finally, they get fed up with being stared at and Bacall and Ono start picking up dog shit and begin pelting Lucy with it. Lucy was delighted when the two legends agreed to appear on the show, but she made sure Yoko's contract specified absolutely no singing.

by Anonymousreply 277July 22, 2020 11:45 PM

^^^ The "no singing" clause only applied to Yoko, thank god! Otherwise we'd have missed out on that chart-topping duet of "Time To Say Goodbye" by Lucy and Lauren! They really should have tried harder to get Lauren to be a regular -Where else was Lucy going to find someone who could duet in her key?

by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2020 12:13 AM

I hear Lucy is growing tired of family fare after all these decades, and is looking to do a late-night cable version of the show called "Gang Bang For Lucy" with an entirely different group of costars and guest stars. Nathan Lane has said he probably won't watch it, as he doesn't like... dry humor.

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2020 1:06 AM

#261 = Lucy

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2020 1:38 AM

My favorite episode by far was the "All About Eve" parody where Lucy gets a job working for Anne Baxter. Lucy usurps Ann and goes on for Anne in the community theater production of Little Foxes. When Anne is late for showtime thanks to Mary Jane Croft tinkering with Anne's car, Lucy goes on in her place. Anne, arriving at the theatre just as the show starts, throws on her costume and also arrives on stage a few minutes into the production. With both on stage, hilarity ensued ending in each pulling the other's wigs off, and smashing a cake into the others faces. Naturally, the audience loved this and the play is rewritten to include this scene in all future productions. Lucy becomes a star!

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2020 12:32 PM

R279, R1 made your joke a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 282July 23, 2020 12:40 PM

if you’re writing entire paragraphs that you believe to be witty, you should know that you are failing. Sometimes—many time—less is more.

by Anonymousreply 283July 23, 2020 12:55 PM

We could all just do what Lucy did and start reusing old posts.

Lucy Meets R1 can just be turned into Lucy Meets R301.

by Anonymousreply 284July 23, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote]The "no singing" clause only applied to Yoko, thank god! Otherwise we'd have missed out on that chart-topping duet of "Time To Say Goodbye" by Lucy and Lauren! They really should have tried harder to get Lauren to be a regular -Where else was Lucy going to find someone who could duet in her key?

They tried to get Alfred Drake but he was unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 285July 23, 2020 9:22 PM

Just about everybody becomes "unavailable" when asked to duet with Lucy...

by Anonymousreply 286July 24, 2020 1:11 AM

I’m available.

by Anonymousreply 287July 24, 2020 6:55 AM

Will Dionne rerecord the theme song every season?

by Anonymousreply 288July 24, 2020 9:57 AM

I'm looking forward to the two-parter featuring Doris Day as Lucy's long lost sister.

Rumor has it that this will be a backdoor pilot for a new sitcom for Doris as an animal welfare worker looking for love in her 90s.

by Anonymousreply 289July 24, 2020 1:41 PM

R289 As long as Linda Evans plays Doris's sister Doodah..... Now THAT I'll watch!

by Anonymousreply 290July 24, 2020 1:52 PM

Actually, I meant Linda E. as Doris's daughter......

by Anonymousreply 291July 24, 2020 1:53 PM

"Dodo and Dick"

Doris Wilson thought she was too busy running her Carmel animal rescue with her straight male bachelor pal (Dick Van Dyke as Dyke Van Dick) and trying to keep onto of her ditzy younger sister (Linda Evans as Baby Wilson) to date, but she's determined to find a man before she turns the big 1-0-0. All this is complicated by the fact the children she abandoned years ago turn up on her doorstep.

Watch out for a guest appearances by Joan Fontaine!

by Anonymousreply 292July 24, 2020 2:24 PM

Sounds like a winner r292. I'm there!

by Anonymousreply 293July 24, 2020 2:52 PM

My sources tell me that another of Lucy's guest stars this season will be none other than Sally Field.

And Sally's appearance, like Doris Day's, will be a backdoor pilot for "Gidget 76" featuring a 76-year-old Gidget still hanging with the gang at the beach, still riding the waves and still getting into lovable trouble. Tab Hunter is poised to play her on-again-off again boyfriend but Richard Chamberlain, who won't give Gidget the time of day, really has her heart.

by Anonymousreply 294July 24, 2020 4:24 PM

R294 I love a good love triangle. Who will Gidget pick, Moon Doggie or Sun Kitty?

by Anonymousreply 295July 24, 2020 4:27 PM

Gidget's next door neighbors will be Tammy and her pilot husband, for a possible spin-off, "Tammy and the I'm no longer a bachelor!", starring Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Nielsen.

by Anonymousreply 296July 24, 2020 4:32 PM

I was a production assistant on the episode where Bette Midler guest-starred. Let's just say that Lucy longed for the days when all she had to deal with was Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

And for some reason, Bette's agent didn't tell her that Nathan Lane was on the show. It was "Isn't She Great" redux.

by Anonymousreply 297July 24, 2020 4:52 PM

The production team is back, coronavirus be damned, to work on the Doris spinoff and recreate this opening.

Hard to keep her vertical and moving in her current state, but when there's a will there's a way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 24, 2020 4:59 PM

They're going to recreate -- as so many of us gaylings did -- her famous triple zoom turn down the stairs.

Only this time she'll be descending on a stairlift.

by Anonymousreply 299July 24, 2020 5:01 PM

This thread is absurdist genius.

by Anonymousreply 300July 26, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote] They tried to get Alfred Drake but he was unavailable.

Then maybe you can still get Gordon MacRae. However, keep in mind you might also have to take Sheila to get him.

by Anonymousreply 301July 26, 2020 3:15 PM

Gang bang for Lucy!!!

by Anonymousreply 302July 26, 2020 3:34 PM

It's not great, but its better than "Life With Lucy."

by Anonymousreply 303July 27, 2020 8:56 PM

Does anyone know if Olivia de Havilland finished filming her scenes before her death over the weekend.

I read that Olivia was going to be a part of a multi-episode storyline, so she had several weeks worth of filming to do. Did she complete all that?

I'd hate for them to have to scrap Olivia's last filmed role just because she died!

More importantly, how did Lucy and Olivia get along?

by Anonymousreply 304July 28, 2020 12:18 AM

Olivia used several words to describe Lucy, but none of them were "so young."

by Anonymousreply 305July 28, 2020 2:48 AM

Are they celebrating her 109th birthday on set?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 6, 2020 1:19 PM

"Haul out the body..."

"For we need a little seance right this very minute...."

by Anonymousreply 307August 6, 2020 2:18 PM

As part of her contract, Olivia’s corpse was pumped with an additional 20 lbs of embalming fluid to make Lucy’s corpse look younger.

by Anonymousreply 308August 7, 2020 1:18 AM

I hear the show has signed Jennifer Laurence to play Carolyn Applebee's great-great grand-daughter. Jen's character will be more of a nemesis for Lucy rather than the freinemy that Carolyn was. But Lucy will still take a liking to her. If audience response is good, look for Jen to be recurring for the rest of the season.

by Anonymousreply 309August 7, 2020 3:20 AM

I can't wait for the special Wildcat musical reunion episode! Lucy can still put "Hey, Look Me Over" across like no one else can! Keith Andes, Clifford David, and Charles Braswell were so hot! And it will be great to hear Valerie Harper singing with Lucy again!

by Anonymousreply 310August 7, 2020 3:55 AM

I can't wait for the season when they all go to Hollywood. What stars will the producers line up for Lucy to interact with? I think definitely Wanda Sykes. Probably Tom Hanks to promote his new movie.

by Anonymousreply 311August 7, 2020 4:03 AM

Is this the episode where Johnny Depp rounds up some black brothers to rape Lucy?

by Anonymousreply 312August 7, 2020 4:04 AM

Depp was replaced by Mel Gibson.

The writers hit a block and realized they could use the transcripts of Gibson raging at his ex.

[italic] MEL: Yes you fucking do, you go out in public and it's a fucking embarrassment to me. You look like a fucking bitch in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of n*****s it'll be your fault. All right? Because you provoked it. You are provocatively dressed all the time, with your fake boobs you feel you have to show off in tight outfits, and tight pants... you can see your pussy from behind. And that green thing today was enough. That's provocative. OK? I'm telling you. I'm just telling you the truth! I don't like it. I don't want that woman. I don't want you! I don't believe you anymore. I don't trust you, I don't love you. I don't want you. OK?

[quote]LUCY: Waaaaaaa!

by Anonymousreply 313August 7, 2020 4:20 AM

Press Release:

"Miss Ball has decided to take her hit show in a new direction in 2021. Having made it through Covid and the Trump presidency, Lucy is appointed to Joe Biden's cabinet in the newly-created position of Secretary of Television. President Biden will not appear in the series, but Gale Gordon will play the role of harried White House Assistant Chief of Staff, Mr. Mooney. This new format will allow all of Miss Ball's friends to appear as themselves, while enabling Lucy to use the power of her office to land guest slots on any series she likes. A two-part Christmas special is planned where Lucy is in place as the Designated Survivor at an undisclosed location, and she fears Santa won't be able to find her and hilarity ensues.

Miss Ball regrets that none of her costars will transition with her to the new series and she wishes them all well in their future careers."

-Rumor has it that her parting gift to John Stamos was a pre-paid year of advertising in the "professionals" section of Adam4Adam.com.

by Anonymousreply 314November 25, 2020 6:41 AM

Lucy as Trump’s Press Secretary and her misadventures with Rudy Guiliani, in Gale Gordon’s role, was pure comic genius.

by Anonymousreply 315November 25, 2020 7:16 AM

Ever the peripatetic clown, Miss Ball has decided to revamp her format entirely. She has decided the nation is sick of "dykey talk show hosts" and will premiere a new, daily afternoon talk show called Live With Lucy (prerecorded, of course). This "live" show will give Lucy the chance to share her wisdom and witty anecdotes while she gives the benefit of her vast experience to "newcomers like Sandra Bollocks, Anderson Pooper, and Meryl Streeps." Insiders are abuzz over Lucy's fresh, new ideas for regular features like Hollywood Widows, and a segment on investing for the future called How Did That Work Out For you, Dear? Lucy is excited that she will get to sing her new theme song to her audience every day, and the studio has already been fitted with special "acoustic strapping" that ensures they are all right there to enjoy it.

First week's guests include Gale Gordon, Mary Jane Kroft, and a special appearance by Ivanka Trump.

by Anonymousreply 316January 1, 2021 7:11 PM

In a rare public political statement today, Miss Ball tweeted:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

by Anonymousreply 317January 7, 2021 3:16 AM

This week on Live With Lucy Miss Ball welcomes special guest Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. She plans to spend most of the hour blowing Chasterfield smoke in her face and singing her songs from Mame. Later, President Biden will give Our Lucy a medal for service to the nation.

by Anonymousreply 318January 31, 2021 6:22 PM

Weekend at Lucy’s is next with Betty White and Lucy’s corpse on a cross country road trip to find Vivian Vance’s ashes.

by Anonymousreply 319January 31, 2021 6:30 PM

Hilarity ensues when Betty forgets what they are looking for and thinks that Lucy wants a new bathing suit.

by Anonymousreply 320January 31, 2021 6:31 PM

Lucy is back this fall with a brand new series! Ms. Ball brings a fresh take to her role as Lucy Carr, a widowed secretary who uses the last of her savings to go to Washington DC on January 6. Broke and destitute after her release from prison, she takes the only job she can get: personal assistant to a wheelchair-bound Representative. Her duties include pushing his chair and helping him empty his bowels, and the two become very close. Hilarity ensues each week as Lucy is continually called on to say and do degrading things to please her boss. Gale Gordon will play the recurring role of the former President who thinks he's still in office. Schedule permitting, Vivian Vance will play the newly-elected Vice President who is Lucy's nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 321August 4, 2021 5:21 AM

Can't wait for the episode where Eve Arden guests as Lucy's longtime rival. They meet up at their 85th high school reunion. Back in high school, Lucy and Eve were fighting over the school quarterback.

Their rivalry is ignited once again when the quarterback gives each of them a wink. Each thinks they still have a chance with the jock, and before the night is over, the two have gotten into multiple cat fights as well as a food fight. In the end, the jock reveals a shocking secret.

Rock Hudson guest stars as the jock.

by Anonymousreply 322August 4, 2021 5:50 AM

Yeah, R322, but the wheelchair-using Representative doesn't appear in that episode at all. Privately, sources reveal that the topic of the episode hit a little too close to home for him...

by Anonymousreply 323August 4, 2021 3:20 PM

This season Gang Way for Lucy will travel to Miami and meet up with a set of youngsters named Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia. Lucy will offer advise of life and love, but as she is prone to do, will also clash with each of the ladies.

Yes, Lucy is crossing over with Golden Girls. Can't wait to see how Lucy and Bea Arthur get along. I suspect the fur will fly!

by Anonymousreply 324August 5, 2021 1:18 AM

Naturally they will reprise "Bosom Buddies" from Mame -with updated lyrics like "somewhere between 80 and death."

by Anonymousreply 325August 5, 2021 1:52 AM

You won’t believe the hijinks Lucy gets into in the very special Covid-19 episode!

by Anonymousreply 326August 9, 2021 2:04 AM

Please, god, tell me she will be masked for that, R326!

by Anonymousreply 327August 9, 2021 3:12 AM

R327 Oh yes! That’s part of the hijinks. Lucy thinks since she is vaccinated that she’s in the clear, but she unmasks and ends up getting and giving Viv breakthrough Covid! Look for the cameo by daughter Lucie as a nurse in the ICU!

by Anonymousreply 328August 9, 2021 11:41 PM

Did anyone see the latest episode? Lucy and Nathan Lane go to a slenderizing parlor and the manager is none other than Karen Carpenter. Does Lucy still think the kids are listening to the Carpenters? Still, Karen looked good. Despite being dead for forty years her looks have barely changed:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329September 9, 2021 2:12 PM

R329 Whaddya expect? She's on the top of the world, looking down at creation.

by Anonymousreply 330September 9, 2021 2:53 PM

[QUOTE]I misread this as "Gang Bang For Lucy!"

No, that was her gritty HBO series from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2021 2:53 PM

I'm still trying to get over last season's episode where she disguised herself as a vsco girl.

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2021 2:58 PM

Lucy: How long of a selfie stick do I need?

Nathan: Five.

Lucy: Feet?

Nathan: Miles.

by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2021 3:04 PM

[quote]Look for the cameo by daughter Lucie as a nurse in the ICU!

Lucie is the nurse now? This is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2021 3:07 PM

I wish CBS would go ahead and show the TV movie of Annie she did for them a few years ago. Supposedly, whenever the cameras rolled she became lovable old Miss Hannigan but that wasn't the performance the director wanted. So he started secretly taping the rehearsals and got all the slaps and kicks and vicious dressing downs she gave the crying little girls when they missed their marks or flubbed a line. Everyone thought it was terrific but she pulled rank as producer and wouldn't let it be broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2021 3:58 PM

On a very special episode, Caitlyn Jenner guest stars as Lucy's estranged son. Unbeknownst to her, Craig is now Regine- a transgender woman. Lucy clashes hilariously with Regine's wife (Laverne Cox).

"Craig was always bringing home stray dogs"

"That's because his mom's a bitch"

by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2021 4:08 PM

The scene where she calls her close friend Cher for advice is a DL classic.

by Anonymousreply 337September 9, 2021 4:25 PM

Was that Cher or Chad Michaels? I couldn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 338September 9, 2021 4:36 PM

Laughs ensure when Lucy goes shopping and gets coughed on by a fellow shopper (guest star Sarah Palin).

The case is tried in night court, and involves dancing, TikTok, and a very irritated judge (special guest Priscilla Morrill).

by Anonymousreply 339September 10, 2021 1:04 PM

This season, chameleon Sarah Paulson guest stars as a "Lucy lookalike." People all over town keep getting mixed up as they confuse them for one another. Wait for the climax when they both run into each other in the dressing room at Gimbel's!

by Anonymousreply 340September 10, 2021 1:55 PM

r340 That's not the kind of climax I want from Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 341September 10, 2021 4:04 PM

[quote] This season, chameleon Sarah Paulson guest stars as a "Lucy lookalike."

I had no idea that "Gang Way For Lucy!" was a Ryan Murphy production!

by Anonymousreply 342September 10, 2021 4:06 PM

R335 You're confusing me and Ball.

We didn't show the movie cause some of them kids might still try to get me in a civil suit.

I was preoccupied! I mean, that kid looked just like the ashtray stand I saw a second before. I didn't mean to put the kid's eye out, just my smoke!

by Anonymousreply 343September 10, 2021 4:09 PM

I have to correct the IMDb entry for Season 9, Episode 11 — Arlene Golonka is missing from the credits.

by Anonymousreply 344September 10, 2021 4:12 PM

The episode where Lucy gets a side hustle as an UberSmokes bike delivery person is hilarious! It's so funny seeing Miss Ball pedal an aging Schwinn all over New York with her precious cargo of cigarettes. It was likely a misstep when the script took her to Harlem with cartons and cartons of Kools and Newports. Kind of racist, and that neighborhood is pretty gentrified now. It's like the writers are 125 years old!

by Anonymousreply 345September 10, 2021 4:35 PM

The stench!

by Anonymousreply 346September 10, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote]Does Lucy still think the kids are listening to the Carpenters?

Lucy seems to have a poor grasp of modern day culture. Like when she kept pronouncing meme as ME-ME.

by Anonymousreply 347September 10, 2021 7:43 PM

I kind of stopped watching it after Lucy snuck into the back of James Corden's SUV

and popped-up so she could join in on his Carpool Karaoke with Cardi B

by Anonymousreply 348September 10, 2021 11:59 PM

It's an old shtick

but when Lucy parks her shopping cart outside her apartment door

and stares at Sinbad for a second before she says,

"Don't you go stealing anything from me, boy!"

by Anonymousreply 349September 11, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote]I kind of stopped watching it after Lucy snuck into the back of James Corden's SUV and popped-up so she could join in on his Carpool Karaoke with Cardi B

Same, something about watching Lucy's old corpse singing about wet-ass pussy was deeply disturbing...

by Anonymousreply 350September 11, 2021 12:12 AM

I was a little confused when Mary Jane Croft showed up this week playing Lucy's snooty high school classmate come to collect donations for the Heritage Foundation. Last season she played Lucy's snooty doubles partner who showed her true colors by nixing Sinbad's membership to her sportsclub because of his involvement with BLM. And the season prior she turned up playing Lucy's snooty traveling seatmate who nearly exposed Lucy's scheme to smuggle her opiods in a large block of cheese. I thought she was playing the same character.

by Anonymousreply 351September 11, 2021 12:23 AM

The episode where they tried an homage to the Edith Bunker rape episode didn't land with audiences because they called it "Gang Way For Loosey!"

by Anonymousreply 352September 11, 2021 1:46 AM

It was not Cher, R337. The writers decided Cher was too old to play any role convincingly on the show.

by Anonymousreply 353September 11, 2021 11:20 AM

r351 Did they go furniture shopping later?

by Anonymousreply 354September 11, 2021 6:15 PM

Yes! Nathan Lane was furious after agreeing to pay for Lucy's furniture if she stuck to a budget of $200 that she was talked into $15,000.

by Anonymousreply 355September 11, 2021 6:21 PM

Have you guys seen the season premiere yet? What a hoot! I did not see that cameo by Burl Ives coming!

by Anonymousreply 356September 30, 2021 1:11 AM

I was so disappointed with this season's "special musical episode" -I mean, it's great that Lucy and Julie Andrews can now sing in the same key, but what terrible song choices! At least the Madonna medley landed.

by Anonymousreply 357November 13, 2021 11:52 PM

And the return of Carole Cook who, at 97, is as spritely as ever.

by Anonymousreply 358November 14, 2021 2:21 AM

^^^ And living, quite well with my 95-ish husband.

Thank you my darlings!

by Anonymousreply 359November 14, 2021 2:24 AM

Will Lucy be allowed to smoke during season 2?

by Anonymousreply 360November 14, 2021 2:55 AM

R360 Of course! The Philip Morris sponsorship is for eternity!

by Anonymousreply 361November 14, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote]Will Lucy be allowed to smoke during season 2?

Only after sex.

by Anonymousreply 362November 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Breaking News: President Joe Biden will make a special guest appearance on next week episode as Lucy's grandson, Little Ricky Jr. Inside sources say that LRJ visits his grandmother to reconnect after nearly 50 years of estrangement due to his movie review of the film MAME. President Biden will do a 20-second spot at the end of the episode to remind everyone to get vaccinated -for polio.

by Anonymousreply 363November 14, 2021 8:32 PM

Picture of Lucy pushing cart is from TV movie "Stone Pillow." Lucy slept outside a bird store at Bleecker and 11th, now Magnolia Bakery made famous on "Sex and the City."

by Anonymousreply 364November 14, 2021 8:44 PM

Did anyone watch Lucy's Thanksgiving Special this evening? My favorite parts were the vigilante sketch and the duet/medley between Lucy and Sting (though to my ears she kept calling him Stink...). Lucy's version of ROXANNE is to die for! And BOSOM BUDDIES was particularly effective with the updated lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 365November 26, 2021 2:59 AM

Don't forget to tape her Christmas special tomorrow night! In addition to all of her usual friends, Lucy will have special guest star Timothée Chalamet on hand to play Little Ricky-Tim in a sweet homage to A Christmas Carol. Lucy plays Lucille Scrooge, a businesswoman who learns the true meaning of Christmas after visitation from three ghosts (played by William Frawley, Desi Arnaz, and Robert Preston). Frawley, as the Spirit of Co-Stars Past, walks her through her first sitcom and all of its happy memories, while a vengeful Arnaz forces her to relive a mercifully brief Life With Lucy. Former Mame co-star Preston shows her the life of her underpaid secretary, Bob Mooney, and his family who are too poor to buy cigarettes at Christmas. Lucy, seeing the error of her ways, gives him a pack of Chesterfields. Little Ricky-Tim does not die, and goes on to a career in soft porn.

by Anonymousreply 366December 20, 2021 3:21 AM

On a very special episode airing Jan. 6, Lucy and Mary Jane Croft reminise about going to the US Capitol riots on Jan. 6, 2021, determined to show up Carolyn Appleby who is claiming to be the ultimate patriot by storming the capitol.

Just as the crowd breaks through the doors of the capitol, Lucy realizes they might be breaking the law. Lucy tries valiantly to convince the crowd not to go through with the plan, but Carolyn Appleby is there with a bullhorn and cajoles the crowd into overthrowing the government. Lucy, Mary Jane and Carolyn are all arrested and locked up in the same jail cell where a cat fight ensues.

by Anonymousreply 367January 6, 2022 4:37 AM

^^^ SPOILER ALERT^^^

When the horns and makeup are removed, the Q-Anon Shamen is revealed to be Mr. Theodore J. Mooney!

by Anonymousreply 368January 6, 2022 6:09 AM

Recalling that Audrey Meadows was the sole bright spot on her old "Life With Lucy" series, Lucy hires Audrey as a semi-regular Audrey portrays a widowed Alice Kramden, hotly pursued by a confused Steve Allen.

by Anonymousreply 369January 6, 2022 6:38 AM

In another cheap rehashing of a classic routine, Nicole Kidman stalks Lucy to study her every movement for an upcoming role. In tonight’s episode, Lucy discovers Nicole in her own hotel suite and they go through the old Lucy and Harpo routine move for move.

by Anonymousreply 370January 6, 2022 12:44 PM

But the routine comes to a shattering halt when Lucy point-blank asks Nicole if Tom Cruise was a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 371January 6, 2022 6:11 PM

Lucy returns to network television in the side splitting comedy DONT DO IT LUCY! Where for the first time Lucy will be starting in a series with her real life husband Gary Morton!

Set in Hollywood and in show biz every week the show opens with Gary and Lucy looking at scripts and Gary saying his signature line DONT DO IT LUCY!!! Lucy ignores his advice and each week Lucy auditions or appears on a different show every week that she’s totally wrong for!

First episode, Lucy finds out phylicia rashad is taking maternity leave in the Cosby show and Lucy becomes Lucy huxtable, a successful lawyer and wife to a wisecracking physician and mother to 5 kids. Viv Vance fills in for Lisa Bonet as Denise who is filming a movie about satan.

by Anonymousreply 372January 6, 2022 7:01 PM

In the most recent episode, Viv and Lucy go to the salon. The colorist asks the ladies if they are thinking of going gray in the pandemic, like so many others. The thought of losing Viv’s signature blonde and Lucy’s technicolor red locks send them into a tailspin. Wait for Lucy to shoot a look to the colorist that could kill, and Viv to exclaim, “We’ve had sufficient.”

by Anonymousreply 373January 7, 2022 12:04 PM

I loved that episode, R373! I was totally shocked when it turned out that the colorist was asking about their pubic hair!

by Anonymousreply 374January 7, 2022 9:31 PM

Did anyone see the latest episode? Lucy attends a tenants association meeting and is forced to keep the peace between two of her neighbours — a Democrat (Amy Schumer) and a Republican (Joan Rivers). I thought it was great that they brought back Joan. She really looks exactly the same. It’s true what they say about plastic never decomposing.

by Anonymousreply 375April 16, 2022 12:05 PM

This week Lucy goes all topical and "now" with a story straight out of the headlines. While working at a charity shop packing humanitarian aid for Ukraine, Lucy and Viv accidentally get trapped in a shipping container bound for Kyiv. They survive on candy and soft drinks, but when they are finally uncrated in the Ukrainian capital Lucy is on a rampage after more than a week without her Chesterfields. She comes out shooting and single-handedly saves the city from the latest Russian attack. Sadly, Viv steps on a landmine and loses a leg, leading Lucy to give her the nickname "Stumpy" for the rest of the series.

by Anonymousreply 376April 17, 2022 3:04 AM

r376 Will they allow her to smoke on TV

by Anonymousreply 377April 17, 2022 5:56 PM

She'll get Gary to square it with the network.

by Anonymousreply 378April 17, 2022 6:59 PM

What will happen on tonight's season finale? Will there be a season-ending tease or twist?

by Anonymousreply 379May 25, 2022 5:53 PM

On tonight's season finale, Lucy's plan to primary her local congressperson goes awry when pictures surface showing that she was involved in a mixed-race marriage with a Cuban, and powerful endorsements are withdrawn. Hilarity ensues when Lucy can't figure out whether the pictures were leaked by a jealous Lilian Appleby or a vindictive Viv. Or was it Little Ricky himself?? Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 380May 26, 2022 3:10 AM

I bet they could do it with holograms, clips and voice recordings (and impersonators).

by Anonymousreply 381May 26, 2022 3:50 AM

r379 In tonight's season finale, Lucy breaks character to address the audience directly, giving a heartfelt address concerning the school shooting in Texas this week. She will be criticized all over the internet the next day, not only for her tone deaf remarks on racial brotherhood and the chorus of white and black kids who join her on stage (Gary will later tell the press that when they sent out the call they forgot to ask specifically for any "latins"), but most especially for her atrocious rendition of "Ebony & Ivory".

by Anonymousreply 382May 26, 2022 2:16 PM

Miss Ball has issued a press statement announcing that she will be ending Gang Way For Lucy at the end of this season in order to run for Congress. Miss Ball wants to bring back common-sense, conservative Republican values. She has no position on gun laws or voting rights, but she strongly advocates for the repeal of all those ridiculous laws banning smoking in public places. At her press conference this morning, Miss Ball was asked about how effective a legislator she would be at her age, and she demonstrated her quick reflexes and agility by throwing her coffee in the reporter's face.

by Anonymousreply 383June 12, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote]Realizing that this thread has jumped the shark

Realizing that this thread has jumped the shark Miss Ball has decided to continue it for another two or three decades.

by Anonymousreply 384June 17, 2022 2:05 PM

Honey, most threads here jumped the shark with the first post.

by Anonymousreply 385June 17, 2022 6:27 PM

You know if she was still alive she'd absolutely be making this show.

by Anonymousreply 386June 18, 2022 8:34 AM

I don't know which is my favorite episode the one where she is stuck having to babysit a precocious Pamelyn Ferdin or "Lucy goes to Hell" starring the Dark Prince himself, Bert Lahr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 18, 2022 11:21 AM

I just finished watching the last episode of this season. Lucy attempted to make an authentic Indian meal for her new neighbor Mindy Kaling -- then a blackout struck! I laughed at the scene where Lucy is trying to make raita and is grasping around in the dark trying to find a cucumber. She thinks she's found it only for Nathan Lane to gasp and say 'that's not it'.

I can't wait for the next season this September!

by Anonymousreply 388August 26, 2022 9:19 AM

In an effort to be topical, the first episode of the new season will feature Lucy babysitting an adorable monkey which, you guessed it, gives our heroine the monkey pox. Nathan manages to catch it from her -despite the fact that he's been away on vacation for the last three weeks...

by Anonymousreply 389August 26, 2022 5:20 PM

I wish Lucy would stop trying to be topical. I'm still cringing at her use of the word 'colored' in the BLM episode.

by Anonymousreply 390August 27, 2022 9:13 AM

Anyone see the latest episode? Lucy and Nathan Lane are vacationing together (for some reason) and Lucy thinks she's gotten a cheap vacation to St Florida only to discover that she's flying to St Petersburg RUSSIA. Watching she and Nathan get drafted into the Russian army was laugh-free. The episode's only funny moment was the scene on the airplane with coffee.

by Anonymousreply 391November 18, 2022 8:32 PM

Just when you think this show has jumped the shark, along comes a really funny episode like last week's. It was absolutely inspired! I mean, who would have thought of putting Lucy into a situation where she dresses up and pretends to be someone else? No one can clown around like Lucy...

by Anonymousreply 392November 19, 2022 3:53 AM

Someone has to tell Gary that the show's been getting too political lately. The "Ebony & Ivory" fiasco was at least unintentionally funny (though I've heard that several of the children in the chorus were subsequently beaten up in school; some by their own teachers), but to have a scene where Lucy attends a local City Council meeting and for 10 minutes gives a passionate defense of smoking in public was simply not funny. What's more it's self indulgent; Vivian Vance's cameo as Lady Liberty notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 393November 23, 2022 1:26 AM

This Fall (the show's 20th season) Lucy takes-in a young trans (introducing Blue Ivy Carter) who is running away from an impoverished, neglectful household. Only problem: Lucy must keep her- and her dog B'Day- hidden from the Landlord! Beyonce' and Jay Z have cameos as the drug-addicted, alcoholic mom and her latest abusive boyfriend. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 23, 2022 2:00 AM

Just be glad Lucy decided to be self indulgent, R393! The script originally called for her to rant about BLM and Critical Race Theory. According to one of the PAs, Lucy said, "Fuck that. No one cares about those things. It should be a speech about something important."

by Anonymousreply 395November 23, 2022 2:00 AM

This week was the last straw in tone deafness. I understand going for ratings by booking Kanye West, but whose idea was it to have Lucy pretending to be Whistler's Mother while Kanye robs her house? I heard Gary cleared it with the network by telling them "Don't worry, fellas. Lucy can sell it."

by Anonymousreply 396November 25, 2022 1:23 PM

Gang Bang For Lucy was the original title, btw.

by Anonymousreply 397November 25, 2022 1:30 PM

In a casting coup, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton have signed on as guests for "Lucy," marking their return after a 50-year hiatus. This time, Lucy gets Liz's diaphragm stuck in her twat.

by Anonymousreply 398November 25, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote]after a 50-year hiatus

hernia

by Anonymousreply 399November 25, 2022 1:54 PM

If Lucy isn't careful, she's going to get herself cancelled big-time. She heard that some people were going to protest the Taylor-Burton episode because of "blood diamonds" and formally replied to them that, "Miss Taylor's diamonds all came through customs legally. There was no need for her to hide them in her snatch. Though lord knows it's large enough for several neckaces and that ring."

by Anonymousreply 400November 25, 2022 3:53 PM

The one where Lucy and Viv try to smuggle drugs out of Acapulco and are beheaded was a personal favorite.

by Anonymousreply 401November 25, 2022 5:23 PM

Then Dick, Liz and Lucy make a cameo on SNL, on the "Whose Rotting Corpse Has Reached the Most Advanced State of Decay?" game show, hosted, as all SNL game shows must be, by Kenan Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 402November 25, 2022 5:27 PM

I really liked the episode with Lainie Kazan as the wacky kleptomaniac neighbor. But it took a dark turn when she committed suicide. Then that episode became infamous when they showed the number for the Suicide Hotline at the end of it, and they got it wrong. It was the number for a Chuck E. Cheese in Van Ives.

by Anonymousreply 403November 26, 2022 3:06 PM

The episode where Lucy gets Blink 182 to play for the charity bazaar was really good, with Lucy sitting in on the drums and the hilarity that ensued with Travis Barker. Lucy dressed up as a teenager in Converse and skinny jeans was an added highlight.

by Anonymousreply 404November 26, 2022 3:09 PM

Next week, Lucy goes back to basics when she accidentally makes a date with three different men for the same night. Hilarity ensues in a flurry of quick-changes and she runs between three restaurants that are side by side on the same street. Exactly why she needs to be dressed differently makes up the bulk of the episode. One date is with an older, conservative millionaire; the second is a younger (than Lucy) ex-hippie; the third is a blind date with a down-to-earth college professor. That last was originally written to be a lesbian, but Lucy nixed the dikey stuff as she felt the clothes would be too unflattering.

by Anonymousreply 405November 26, 2022 6:04 PM

It was a little insensitive to air that episode where Lucy and Nathan recreate the Laverne and Shirley earthquake bedroom scene so soon after that earthquake in Turkey. And doubly so with the implication it was caused by Lizzo moving into the building.

by Anonymousreply 406February 21, 2023 10:41 AM

For the upcoming season finale, Lucy and the cast will have a Q&A with the audience. The studio pages have handouts with strict guidelines for questions, along with a list of forbidden topics. I couldn't be there for the taping -I'm hoping some of you who were there (and you know you were!) will share some of that list!

by Anonymousreply 407April 23, 2023 10:17 PM

Just wait until you see the musical episode...

by Anonymousreply 408April 23, 2023 10:44 PM

Variety reports that Gary has signed Lucy to 3 more seasons of "Gang Way for Lucy" for Hulu, beginning in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 409July 24, 2023 5:08 PM

Poor Lucy! She misheard Gary and thought he said "hula" -she went out and bought a collection of leis and grass skirts, thinking the show was going to be set in Hawaii...

by Anonymousreply 410July 24, 2023 5:11 PM

Gang bang for loosey??

by Anonymousreply 411July 24, 2023 5:18 PM

No, R411 -that's the proposed Gale Gordon spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 412July 25, 2023 11:51 PM

Lucille Ball returns to CBS this Fall in "Gang Bang For Lucy!"

fixed for OP

by Anonymousreply 413July 26, 2023 12:21 AM

To promote the Hulu show, Gary has Lucy signed up to this website where OnlyFans can access it.

It's a way of staying in touch with her public.

by Anonymousreply 414July 26, 2023 6:31 AM

Dear God in Heaven, please don't let her show us her boobies!!!

by Anonymousreply 415July 26, 2023 5:46 PM

Sad news! It looks like the Hulu deal has fallen through. Lucy says she's not showing her coconuts to anyone!

Hopefully another network or streaming service will pick up the show. In the meantime, Lucy has announced that she will be doing a "live" special on CBS this fall, with special guests Lauren Bacall and Bea Arthur. Promised highlights include their rendition of "Three Little Maids From School" from The Mikado, "At the Ballet" from A Chorus Line, and "The Schuyler Sisters" from Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 416July 27, 2023 6:23 PM

Don't forget to watch the live special on CBS next weekend! If the ratings are good, CBS says it will give Lucy a 6-week option for a new series where she throws her henna wig into the ring as a Republican candidate for President. Done in a mockumentary style, it will feature hilarious debates between Lucy and the other candidates, as well as press appearances on fictitious news shows. Kind of like Fox does.

by Anonymousreply 417September 10, 2023 10:05 PM

There's actually more than enough quality video and audio footage, between the four series, the specials, and the guest shots in the vaults at CBS that AI could make this a reality without too much trouble. It would be good to have some human writers though, so the scripts could be modern and good. Don't let AI write the script.

Wonder if Desilu Too would sign off on it?

by Anonymousreply 418September 10, 2023 10:47 PM

They'd sign off in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 419September 11, 2023 2:05 AM

Tonight on a very special GWFL, Vivian Vance guest stars in an episode entitled, "Sister Can You Spare A Million?". VV plays an amnesiac homeless woman who's been surviving on stray cat food. But after getting hit by a cab driver (Wayne Newton) and receiving CPR from Lucy, her memory returns. Turns out she is a missing Upper East Side dowager and she's loaded! Now Lucy must decide whether accepting a million dollar reward will change her way of life this late in the game. Lucy, Vivian and Carole Cook sing "Wherever We Go" from "Gypsy".

by Anonymousreply 420September 11, 2023 9:57 PM

Lord, she has used that plot so many times already! The only change is the guest star...

I suppose some Bright Young Thing will update the script so that the woman is hit by an Uber driver. That'll fix it!

by Anonymousreply 421September 12, 2023 3:25 AM

Somebody at the network spilled that Lucy threw a fit over the original idea to have Robert Goulet sing "Wind Beneath My Wings" over a montage of Lucy buying cigarettes on the dark web.

by Anonymousreply 422September 12, 2023 10:40 PM

THIS JUST IN:

Lucy is back with an all-star Christmas special extravaganza! Lucy welcomes Oscar-winning actor and stage star George Santos, the Duchess of Sussex, Amber Heard, James Corden, and extra-special guest star, Madonna. Lucy and Madonna will duet on a fifteen-minute medley of classic holiday songs to highlight an evening of heartwarming and hilarious sketches, dancing, and smoking-hot merriment (emphysema -er- emphasis on smoking). Don't miss Lucy's classic Christmas song, "We Need a Little Christmas" with cameos from the cast of Mame!

by Anonymousreply 423December 18, 2023 1:34 AM

She'll move to LA in the third season

by Anonymousreply 424December 18, 2023 2:59 AM

wow, someone dug up the corpse of THIS thread....

by Anonymousreply 425December 18, 2023 4:02 AM

Honey, OP dug up the corpse. The rest of us are just playing with it until the police come.

by Anonymousreply 426December 18, 2023 4:08 AM

She’s pretty enough, but I could do without Linda Purl as the kindly secretary from the Housing Department. Comedy just isn’t her thing - and if you look closely you can see Lucy doesn’t seem to think it is, either.

It just brings a sort of bizarre, tense hostility to their scenes. That’s not what I tune into a Family Hour show for.

by Anonymousreply 427December 18, 2023 7:50 AM

The rumor is that all but two of the sketches in Lucy's holiday special were written with the expectation that Lucy's only guests this year, in a kind of "Holiday Reunion" theme, were to have been Miss Vivian Vance and Ms. Gale Gordon.

R. Couri Hay has an exclusive, reporting that negotiations with Miss Vance's representative became so fractious that a decision was quickly taken to revamp the show as a Holiday Blowout, with the most prestigious guests Gary could find on short notice filling in (though he was unable to secure guest appearances from Elton John and Belgian Cary Grant impersonator, Lilas!, due to wardrobe issues and a conflicting engagement in West Hollywood, respectively).

by Anonymousreply 428December 18, 2023 10:46 PM

I liked the episode where Keanu Reeves guest starred as a homeless man.

by Anonymousreply 429December 20, 2023 5:51 PM

Lucy thinks she’s pregnant at age 123.

by Anonymousreply 430December 23, 2023 6:00 AM

In the tradition of all Lucy shows (and her life) Lucy gets involved with a younger man who nobody acknowledges is any younger than Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 431December 23, 2023 4:02 PM

Immaculate conception, R430?

by Anonymousreply 432December 23, 2023 4:40 PM

The original Corpse

by Anonymousreply 433March 8, 2024 12:08 AM

Yes, R433 -the word is out! The "original corpse" will be starring in her own spectacular Halloween TV special this October! That's right! Our beloved redhead will be twisting and singing the Monster Mash, with guests John Astin, Rich Little, Dick Van Dyke, and of course, Carol Burnett! Sketches will include an Addams Family spoof, with Astin reprising his role as Gomez, Burnett as Morticia, Little as Pugsley, and Our Own Lucy as young Wednesday Addams, with Van Dyke appearing in the role of Wednesday's first boyfriend. Hilarity ensues when Wednesday suggests having her new boyfriend for dinner, and her family misinterprets the invitation. Other skits include Lucy At the Movies, which places the beloved redhead in scenes from our favorite film musicals. Lucy as Maria in The Sound of Music! Lucy as Roxie in Chicago! Lucy as Maria in West Side Story! Lucy as Alexander Hamilton in Hamilton!

Lucie and Desi Jr. have stated through their publicists that they were not invited to appear in this special. Representatives for Vivian Vance could not be reached for comment.

by Anonymousreply 434March 8, 2024 8:16 PM

There's a rumor that Lucy's Halloween Special will make TV history by breaking the FCC's 1971 ban on Cigarette advertising. Gary Morton, and representatives for Philip Morris and R.J. Reynolds declined to comment.

by Anonymousreply 435March 11, 2024 12:59 PM

That won't be stage fog or dry ice in that cemetery skit!

by Anonymousreply 436March 11, 2024 8:32 PM

BEARKING NEWS: The fire on the set of the Lucy Halloween Special has been brought under control. Investigators say the fire was started by a Chesterfield cigarette improperly disposed of in a waste paper basket. Executive producer Lucille Ball blamed the problem on a complete and utter lack of ashtrays on the set. Producer Gary Morton says he will consider a negligence suit against the studio and network for "an obvious failure to provide appropriate safety equipment."

by Anonymousreply 437April 10, 2024 10:51 PM

Rumors are swirling that CBS and Gary Morton are currently in talks which, if successful, will see all litigation against the network for last month's "Halloween Special Holocaust" (NY Post) dropped in return for a 5-season commitment to a new series, reportedly entitled "Governor Lucy." An expansion of her 1977 special "Lucy Calls the President", the pilot script -- by Bob Carroll, Jr. & Madelyn Davis (with additional material by Bob Schiller, Mort Lachman, Bob Weiskopf and Milt Josefsberg) -- has reportedly been pitched to multiple networks (including C-SPAN) since the disastrous cancellation of "Life With Lucy" in 1986. Reached for comment at Hillcrest Country Club, Morton stated, "I don't know too much about it, fellas. But it sounds like it'll be some kinda terrific for Lucy."

by Anonymousreply 438April 14, 2024 8:01 PM

"Reached for comment at Hillcrest Country Club, Morton stated, "I don't know too much about it, fellas. But it sounds like it'll be some kinda terrific for Lucy.""

Translated into everyday English: This will keep that red-headed harridan outta my hair and leave me free to play golf and trade blowies in the steam room at the club.

by Anonymousreply 439April 14, 2024 8:20 PM

It's a Lucy-centered Barbara Walters Special tonight as TV's lovable redhead will discuss her incredibly long career, some of the recent controversies, and the state of her friendship with Vivian Vance.

Additional interviews with Gale Gordon and Mary Jane Croft. Tonight at 10 on ABC

by Anonymousreply 440May 7, 2024 10:35 PM

What a puff piece! Way below Baba Wawa's usual low standard. The interview with Gale was sickening -"Miss Ball this" and "Miss Ball that." Still not on a first-name basis after eighty years?? And butter wouldn't melt in MJ Croft's mouth -which goes against everything she's whispered about behind the scenes for decades. Very noticeable that neither of Lucy's kids would talk about her on camera. WTF was Gary thinking when he okayed this??

by Anonymousreply 441May 8, 2024 5:53 AM

There's growing controversy on social media about what word ABC bleeped out during Lucy's answer to Barbara's question about Israel-Gaza. A lot of people are thinking she said the K word. They're doing their usual forensic examination of that moment in the interview.

If this blows up it could get bad. Even Gary might not be able to clear up this mess!

by Anonymousreply 442May 8, 2024 5:41 PM

Maybe she called Barbara a dyke? It would be in character, and much more forgivable in our present-day circumstances...

by Anonymousreply 443May 9, 2024 3:42 AM

I love Lucy and I'm glad she'll be back in a new show. She's a national treasure. I will be watching.

by Anonymousreply 444May 9, 2024 4:05 AM

A young man at DesiLu has just copied all your plots. The AI version will be released starting in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 445May 9, 2024 4:08 AM

This upcoming episode is gonna be good! Lucy teams up with special guest star Paul Anka to release a diss track about Drake! I love the part where they call him out for dodging the Korean War draft

by Anonymousreply 446May 9, 2024 4:46 AM

Isn't it amazing! At 113 years old she's as vital and creative as she ever was...

by Anonymousreply 447May 9, 2024 5:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!