Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip Part 95

A place to discuss Bea's engagement, Harry and Meghan's trip to Africa and any other relevant stuff dealing with the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 528October 8, 2019 7:54 AM

Checked in at The Daily Fail to read comments. The commentariat of The Daily fail is so happy with Edo because he is European and not a YANK.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Bea had a long-time bf prior to Edo, didn't she?

This marriage, just like Harry's, seems rather rushed.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2019 2:02 PM

My guess is they've all rushed to marry before granny carks it so they get a decent chunk of whatever the queen gives to her grandkids when they tie the knot. Once Uncle Charles is in charge, any royal newlyweds will be lucky to get more than a set of wineglasses out of that stingy bastard.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2019 2:10 PM

R2 - The long time boyfriend was Dave Clark. They dated for 10 years and broke up. This Mr. Clark person was engaged to someone else within 12 months and I believed married within 18 months. I could be wrong but I think the woman Mr. Clark person married was a Yank. The commentariat of the Daily Fail hated her.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2019 2:10 PM

Thanx OP for starting the thread!

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2019 2:13 PM

Thx for the info, R4

You're welcome, R5

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2019 2:20 PM

R3 you may be correct on this.

For Bea's sake let's hope Prince Pips won't bite the dust shortly before the wedding will take place.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2019 2:23 PM

And I forgot about the Queen ...

*knock on wood*

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2019 2:25 PM

Edo looks exactly like his father, Alessandro (Alex).

Not that I believe there's going to be a wedding, and speaking of Edo's father, since Edo's parents had quite an acrimonious divorce, wonder if Alex will be invited to the wedding?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2019 2:26 PM

They better hope they exist if Brenda doesn't get off her old ass and save her country.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2019 2:28 PM

Beatrice looks radiantly happy in those engagement photos. Edo has a not-great track record in the romantic loyalty department.

For her sake I hope that Edo’s turned over a new leaf.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2019 2:28 PM

R9 - Why no wedding?

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2019 2:28 PM

As R11 mentioned, Edo "doesn't have a great track record in the romantic loyalty department". He got engaged to Dara Huang, fathered a child and hung around with her for three years, until a better opportunity came along, Bea. I'm betting that that's been his MO with women. Romance 'em, fiance 'em, then bugger off when a better opportunity rucks up. A male version of Megs.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Paywall's just been removed on the previous BRF Gossip Part 94. Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2019 2:46 PM

Another glitch in the DL system? Anyway, for the time being we should endeavour to fill up thread no 94, as long as it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2019 3:22 PM

R4 That has to sting when someone you're with for ten plus years moves on so quickly and permanently. I wonder why it didn't work out with them.

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2019 5:55 PM

so who is paying for the wedding? the taxpayers?

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2019 6:30 PM

R16 - Because William did not like or trust him and Dave really did not want the responsibilities of being married to a member of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2019 6:45 PM

Bea seems to go for cads.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2019 6:52 PM

I'm not going to dismiss Edo as a cad. Shit happens. People have relationships, get pregnant, it doesn't work out....what can you do? If I were Dara, I'd console myself with the thought that my kid – and in some sense, I  – will forever have a connection to the throne. Think of all the doors that opens.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Royal engagements through the years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2019 7:37 PM

Yes, we know shit happens, things don't work out, but just the same . . . Bea's a homely woman and she was getting desperate, and there's just the slightest aroma of Thierry Roussel and Cristina Onassis about this. All right, not nearly as extreme, Bea's looks like a sweet woman and she doesn't have enough money to make her the financial catch Cristina was, AND Cristina was truly ugly and Bea isn't that bad, and everyone knew what Roussel was marrying Cristina for and that he was keeping the beautiful blonde Swedish mistress on the side.

I hope he really likes her because he isn't getting a title or a huge payout from this, just a large swig of social cachet. But, I dunno - I have a niece I'm very fond of and if she were marrying Edo, I'd be worried.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2019 8:15 PM

R21 - That cosy photo of William and Kate is lovely. But it IS so disturbing looking at Charles and Diana on their engagement day.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2019 8:17 PM

R4, that ALWAYS happens. It’s not that they don’t want to get married; they don’t want to marry YOU. Happened to my sister. To be fair, she is a difficult person.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2019 8:21 PM

Edo will go through with this particular marriage. But I am certain it will end in tears.

At least she’ll have the memory of her Big Day. And it’s better to be a divorcee than a spinster. At least someone wanted you, once.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2019 8:24 PM

R17 - The taxpayers will only be on the hook for any security involved, because the Queen and other senior royals will be present. That said, Windsor, where the wedding is most likely to take place, has huge security resources because of the Queen's presence there, and now, as well, the Sussexes.

The rest will all be privately paid for: this isn't a state occasion, like the Cambridge wedding, where crowned heads and diplomats, not to mention the PM and his wife, must be invited making security much tighter, and Westminster Abbey is the venue in the middle of London.

I don't see why they wouldn't do St. George's Chapel like Eugenie, Harry, and the Kent daughter. They don't merit a carriage ride through London or a balcony appearance, the Abbey is where their parent's disastrous marriage was done, and whilst true Zara Tindall went up to Scotland, her brother married in St. George's Chapel, too.

So that's my guess. We're probably looking at April, as these things usually take six months and it's nearly October.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2019 8:25 PM

Out of principle, I refuse to pay to post (well, okay, I'm also a cheap bastard) but someone in the previous thread referred to Bea thusly: HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edo Marscapone. I snerked and snorted. Perhaps the wedding cake will be a large, fluffy tiramisu.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2019 8:48 PM

None of them will ever even be able to hold a candle to the most beloved human being of all time Princess Diana!

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2019 8:49 PM

So are we no longer trying to fill a thread before a new one starts?

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2019 9:43 PM

I wonder if Prince Philip will still be alive and kicking at the time of the wedding. I suspect he will, actually. I can picture him making it to 100.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2019 9:55 PM

Prince Philip fits the old adage "only the good die young" perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2019 1:40 AM

't least she’ll have the memory of her Big Day. And it’s better to be a divorcee than a spinster. At least someone wanted you, once.'

The Better a Divorcee than a Spinster troll is back. This misogynist hoe will never say 'better a divorcee than a bachelor.'

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2019 2:02 AM

I don't like the negative comments about Prince Philip. He's had a very harsh life. He's extremely politically incorrect. How about we put him up against Cardi B?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2019 2:03 AM

DL is such a funny place. Everyone's worth is measured solely by physical attractiveness, even amongst the fraus who post on these BRF threads. So Bea, who by most standards is slim and attractive, is doomed to be cheated on or divorced because she doesn't look like a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2019 2:04 AM

Prince Philip ordered the hit on Diana and was never brought to justice.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2019 2:07 AM

R35, same as Cheney masterminding 9/11, yep?

You gullible spaz.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2019 2:09 AM

'With Prince Andrew's troubles they will probably go to double lengths to keep it cost/criticism free, so probably no carriage ride, unless Beatrice puts her hoof down'

She'll have exactly the same as Eugenie had, so definitely a carriage ride. I think her dress will be more fitted than Eugenie's as she has a slimmer waist.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2019 2:13 AM

Hope they do a week-long wedding with all sorts of lunches and parties because - FERGIE .

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2019 3:27 AM

I agree this is reminiscent of Thierry and Christina O. The poor guy looks like he is waiting for death in the B&W photos.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2019 3:45 AM

(Paraphrasing the late Queen Mum) What's all this Italian/continental nonsense? Edo is English born and bred. His English mother divorced Edo's Italian father Alessandro (Alex) when Edo was 3. She then married the very English Christopher Shale, whom Edo considered far more a father than Alex to the extent that Edo named his son after Shale.

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2019 4:17 AM

At least we know now why the Harkles kept baby Archie hidden away - he’s the spitting image of grandpa Tom Markle. There’s a bit of fucking irony.

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2019 4:36 AM

R41 I can’t see that at all. I can only see Harry...and a very wonky eye like Meghan has.

Will be funny if he grows up looking like one of the Markle hillbillies, though!

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2019 4:53 AM

OP, why don't you just pay the $1.50 so we don't have multiple BRF threads running at the same time? Surely you're not THAT hard up???

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2019 5:13 AM

That is not a cute baby. He's chubby, bald, and has close-set, small eyes, one of which is comically crossed. He looks like he will be ginger, when he finally gets some hair.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2019 6:45 AM

Archie is a very average looking baby, both MM and Harry were cuter babies. Now we know why she kept him hidden, narc mothers are into their kids being attractive. She probably wanted Archie to have blue eyes too.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2019 9:54 AM

Yikes. The cringe of incorrectly calling her “Princess Diana” in their IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2019 12:15 PM

According to today's DM, Meghan told women entrepreneurs in Africa that she was determined to "fulfill my heart's desires" (because becoming an royal duchess, living the high life on other people's dimes, and becoming an A-List celebrity by marrying the highest profile British male's whose dick she could get her mouth on wasn't any of them) and has no intention of allowing her royal duties to stop her . . .

Can you imagine the BRF waking up and reading that this morning?

"We do so apologise for getting in your way, Meghan."

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2019 12:39 PM

R47 is the “Her Royal Majesty” troll. He consistently repeats that style of address, as if it exists. It’s just “Her Majesty”, R47; that’s it. Also, she wouldn’t style herself in her signature. She signs as “ER” for “Elizabeth Regina”.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2019 12:43 PM

R29, see R15 aka my humble self.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2019 12:46 PM

R48 - Jesus, get a life. It's just a cute tag line, not a letter addressed to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2019 12:48 PM

R34, I think Bea looks fine. And being in love certainly agrees with her; she’s looking lovely these days!

I think those comments are more of an indictment of Edo than Bea. He seems like a bit of a cad, and not really husband material. We all know couples like this in real life. Sometimes it works out, and I’m hoping it does, for Bea’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2019 12:50 PM

R44 Most babies are chubby and if they aren't they are considerably less adorable than the chubby ones, and of course he's bald, very few Caucasian babies aren't (which, no matter how the fraus on CB try to deny it, to all intents and purposes, Archie IS, and just what his mother wanted), and you can see the darker hair already coming in over the ginger hair. Most babies lose all the hair they were born with within a few months. My guess is he is going to be tall and fair with brown hair and dark eyes.

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2019 12:52 PM

R47-between that statement (an echo of "they make it so hard, don't they?") and Harry's lamentation that it's just so darn hard for him to get out bed in the morning with all the world's problems, it's no wonder the public despises this duo so much. Every time I think they can't be any more cringeworthy, they prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2019 12:52 PM

Jacques Chirac has died. Here he is with the Queen at a state dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2019 12:52 PM

I'm surprised Duchess Diva didn't make this trip with Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Edo is very handsome. Looks a little bit like the delectable Harry Styles. Their children will be super cute with gorgeous auburn hair and big green eyes.

by Anonymousreply 56September 27, 2019 1:02 PM

I don't think Harry realises that the constant resurrection of Diana isn't doing him any favours, as the public generally is "over" the St. Diana bit (especially the younger ones who weren't even born when she died), and the woman he married is so lacking in the qualities that made his mother so entrancing an idea (because mostly that's what icons are, ideas) that the contrast hurts, so don't bring the idea up.

No matter how they try, they always, always, always look like they're trying and come off as pompous and phonier than $3 bills, as they say across the Pond.

by Anonymousreply 57September 27, 2019 1:02 PM

I don’t think Archie is especially chubby. Babies are supposed to be fat! They need it. I’ve seen some real butterball babies, and they almost always grow to be especially tall and lean. He seems perfectly healthy and normal.

by Anonymousreply 58September 27, 2019 1:03 PM

R48 is the Titles Troll. Has berated people over the course of nearly a 100 threads when they have dared to get a mode of address slightly wrong. She's also the Raptured Troll and claims to be have insider knowledge of the royal accounts, including info about how Charles 'liquidized assets' to pay off Diana.

Definitely the most arrogant person on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2019 1:08 PM

Bea has been dating Edo for less than a year, so she'll be married after dating him for less than two years. As Shakespeare put it, 'tis not a year or two shows us a man.' Often the happiest couples (like Killiam) were together for five years or more before they married. Even Harghan were together for three years.

by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2019 1:14 PM

Check my history; I’m definitely not that interesting R59. I just like following the rules.

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2019 1:19 PM

Bedo are an odd pair. I think she's in deep, sexual thrall to him and loves the soppy romantic declarations, such as the one he made on her Instagram. She's keen to catch up with Eug so is letting it all happen.

Fergie sounded as if she has early onset Alzheimers in her post about the engagement: 'I am so proud of this sensational news.' Really? How can you be proud of news?

by Anonymousreply 62September 27, 2019 1:20 PM

R61, Don't feel bad. That asshole just digs and digs to find any reason to insult the other posters here. Because she has nothing else to offer.

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2019 1:55 PM

R57-and at this point I think his "poor boy behind the coffin" shtick has become completely transparent. He's played that card one too many times. Lots of people lose parents as children. They don't milk it for sympathy into their 30s like Harry, ever the put-upon victim, continues to do. William wasn't much older, and he never pulls the St. Diana card to bolster his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2019 2:04 PM

What ever happened to the "Music Troll" that loved to go around singing songs from the Pet Shop Boys?

I have not seen that Troll around in a very long time. I hope it did not meet a tragic demise and is just incarcerated somewhere in foreign land.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2019 2:06 PM

C'mon now, let's turn our thoughts to which tiara Bea will wear! I hope it's a big one!

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2019 2:25 PM

I hope Bea wears whichever tiara was MegTungsten's arrogant second choice that she was also denied. And since Megs is busy fulfilling her non-royal heart's desires, it shouldn't bother her in the least.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2019 2:36 PM

I just hope Beatrice doesn't discover the existence of this bridal line before the big day. I fear it's right up her street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Speaking of land mines, what does Markle have in common with them?

Both easy to lay but difficult, dangerous and expensive to get rid of.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2019 2:49 PM

Should we start a pool?

I give the Bea/Edo marriage two kids and ten years before they split up. It will be a relatively smooth divorce, and Edo will keep his mouth shut afterwards and not embarrass the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2019 2:49 PM

Their kids will have the most gorgeous bug eyes.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2019 2:53 PM

Another spectacle before gran dies off. You know King Charles would just tell this cad and cow to elope in Italy and bugger-eye off.

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Is Edo's mother as big a social climber as Carole Middleton?

Does anyone know who she is?

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2019 3:08 PM

Bea will probably wear the York tiara but I would love Granny to loan her the Vladimir with the giant emeralds.

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2019 3:21 PM

Oh come on guys, baby Archie is a cutie-patootie and you know it. Don't let your disdain for his mother delude you into thinking that's not an adorable baby.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2019 3:30 PM

Red and green should never been seen.... emeralds wouldn't look good with her hair colour... she should stick with pearls and ivories... soften her up.

by Anonymousreply 76September 27, 2019 3:34 PM

I had also read that William disliked/distrusted Dave Clark, Bea's bf of 10 years. It was over some allegedly leaked information. Would that be enough to break up Bea and Dave?

Frankly, marrying into the York family would be enough to put me off. I have always felt really, really sorry for the York girls having such disgraceful parents....

by Anonymousreply 77September 27, 2019 3:39 PM

I had also read that William disliked/distrusted Dave Clark, Bea's bf of 10 years. It was over some allegedly leaked information. Would that be enough to break up Bea and Dave?

Frankly, marrying into the York family would be enough to put me off. I have always felt really, really sorry for the York girls having such disgraceful parents....

by Anonymousreply 78September 27, 2019 3:39 PM

R74-I believe the York tiara hasn't been seen in decades. Some theorize Fergie sold it during one of her many financial downturns. That would be a shame. It's a splendid piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]I had also read that William disliked/distrusted Dave Clark, Bea's bf of 10 years. It was over some allegedly leaked information.

What a dick. Freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2019 4:04 PM

If I had to guess, the York sisters when they were teenage girls together went and tried on every single tiara in the royal collection with granny’s full approval. Wouldn’t you?

Both Beatrice and Eugenie most likely chose their wedding tiaras long ago.

by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2019 4:04 PM

R81-the image of two preteen girls trying on granny's jewels made me smile.

by Anonymousreply 82September 27, 2019 4:16 PM

The image of mama Fergie tripping the security alarms at day's end makes me smile more.

by Anonymousreply 83September 27, 2019 4:20 PM

Now that Jack Brooksbank is a part of the family will he be tasked with babysitting Fergie during Bea's wedding so that Eugenie can be a proper Maid of Honor to Bea or will both Eugenie and Jack be needed to corral Fergie which will once again leave Andrew to perform double duty as Father of the Bride and Wedding Dress Adjuster.

by Anonymousreply 84September 27, 2019 4:28 PM

That's a good point, R84. I thought it was a bit odd that Beatrice didn't walk behind Eugenie - I've never seen any other wedding in which the maid of honour doesn't walk behind (or in front of) the bride - so I do think it was just that they needed her to keep Fergie company. Jack escorted Fergie into the church at Harry's wedding, I think.

by Anonymousreply 85September 27, 2019 4:52 PM

R76 redheads with green eyes usually can wear green.

I know what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 86September 27, 2019 7:35 PM

Beatrice looks wonderful in green.

by Anonymousreply 87September 27, 2019 7:36 PM

Beatrice looks wonderful in nothing. She's surprisingly presentable on a good day. Worst taste in the family and that's a high bar.

by Anonymousreply 88September 27, 2019 8:10 PM

I actually like Bea's adventurous style. Her ensemble at Will and Kate's wedding was memorable (in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 89September 27, 2019 10:01 PM

Bea's fascinator at William and Kate's wedding was just hilarious. But the rest of her outfit looked lovely.

It was Eugenie's outfit that day that was atrocious. The entire ensemble was a sartorial abomination.

by Anonymousreply 90September 27, 2019 10:10 PM

R89 - You jest. You liked the toilet seat hat? The rest, I grant you, was quite nice, and if she'd selected a less ridiculous wouldn't have come out a mockery.

Adventurous isn't the word for it: appalling is.

The hat was a joke and it made a joke out of Bea - it not only wore her, it wore most of the rest of the congregation.

by Anonymousreply 91September 27, 2019 10:16 PM

Meghan has apparently made a "secret pilgrimage" to the site where a young girl was raped and murdered, as a "gesture".

Apparently, it wasn't as secret as all that, as the DM has an article up on it.

by Anonymousreply 92September 27, 2019 11:11 PM

So secret it's in Hello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 27, 2019 11:35 PM

ssshhh! She didn’t want anyone to know, guys!

by Anonymousreply 94September 27, 2019 11:48 PM

Regarding Beatrice's engagement ring, Shaun Leane designs unique, signature wedding bands to pair with his engagement rings. She may end up with something that looks much less classic after the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 27, 2019 11:49 PM

Her super special caligraphy even played a role, shhhhhhhhh!!!

by Anonymousreply 96September 27, 2019 11:49 PM

Regarding Beatrice's engagement ring, Shaun Leane designs unique, signature bands to match his engagement rings. Her ring may look much less classic after the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 27, 2019 11:51 PM

Lady Gabriella was out and about. Love her dress, color is divine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 27, 2019 11:56 PM

A few days back, there were threads about actors who look upper crusty/patrician. Lady Gabriella would never be mistaken for anything but. She oozes “rich girl”.

by Anonymousreply 99September 27, 2019 11:59 PM

Why did all those media outlets impinge on poor the Duchess’s right to privacy? She was just trying to do a good deed without any fanfare, and those damn press hounds sniffed her out, despite her best efforts.

Now everyone knows. Tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 100September 28, 2019 12:01 AM

I prefer Beatrice's ring to Eugenie's and Fergie's (linked below). Not that there's anything wrong with coloured jewels in an engagement ring, but I don't really like the cluster of diamonds around them. It's a bit too showy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 28, 2019 12:23 AM

I still don't understand how Fergie screwed that marriage up. How's that working out for you now? Dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 102September 28, 2019 12:32 AM

I called it last year: Bea would be married within a year of her sister. It must have been humiliating to be babysitting Mum while her baby sister swanned up the aisle.

Edo won't work out, but Bea will get lovely children out of it, and her ex will be canny enough to keep his mouth shut. Win-win.

by Anonymousreply 103September 28, 2019 12:54 AM

Another Royal Forum just got closed due to Racism claims. Does anyone know which one?

by Anonymousreply 104September 28, 2019 1:18 AM

R104, probably the one about the Dreadful Duo's SA trip. Megstans scream racism, though, whenever anyone criticizes Meghan. They can't understand some people just think she's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 105September 28, 2019 1:25 AM

The Groom Was Prettier Than The Bride...Oh Sadie, Sadie Married Lady.....

by Anonymousreply 106September 28, 2019 1:29 AM

The baby wore H&M. Just in case anyone wondered and wants to buy it for their baby too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 28, 2019 1:38 AM

This York/Sussex feud is too funny. I predict that Meghan will be preggers again by the time Bedo tie the knot next spring, just so she can steal some focus at the nuptials.

by Anonymousreply 108September 28, 2019 1:41 AM

[QUOTE] What ever happened to the "Music Troll" that loved to go around singing songs from the Pet Shop Boys?

Sometimes, you're better off dead

The Welp Troll is here, and posting on the thread

The Tiara Troll is mad, so unstable

Kicking in doors and knocking down tables.

by Anonymousreply 109September 28, 2019 1:51 AM

[QUOTE]Red and green should never been seen.... emeralds wouldn't look good with her hair colour... she should stick with pearls and ivories... soften her up

The saying is 'BLUE and green should never be seen', you spaz. Redheads with pale skin and green eyes look wonderful in emeralds.

I hope people aren't going to bitch and bash Bedo just for the sake of it.

by Anonymousreply 110September 28, 2019 1:59 AM

I got it from this spaz, around 15:52, but of course you're so much smarter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 28, 2019 2:19 AM

Oh, wait! The Welp Troll is here?!? OP is jizzing in her tiny granny panties and writhing on the floor!

by Anonymousreply 112September 28, 2019 2:31 AM

The Queen is wrong, R110? Tell us. Don't be shy. You seem to know everything else.

by Anonymousreply 113September 28, 2019 2:33 AM

I would like to ask a question. And I phrase my question very, very humbly. This is a very interesting question for me (I'm American). I think it's really interesting that the British Isles house so many different languages. English, itself is quite diverse, but then there's Welsh, Scottish, and Gaelic. And even Cornish, which is supposed to be extinct. The people n the Channel Islands supposedly speak French (which the Queen apparently speaks). If I joined the British Monarchy (yes, I've imagined that), I think I would want to learn Welsh. But aren't their languages difficult to learn? I could spend my whole day trying to figure this out, and I just figured DL would tell me how it works. And my Brit bruvvers usually call me a cunt, but I know that's what Brits do.

by Anonymousreply 114September 28, 2019 2:52 AM

Tiara time bitches. I really hope Bea grabs the Queen Mary Sapphire Bandeau out of the vault for her wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 28, 2019 2:57 AM

R115, Wow. That helps explain Margaret's glamor. She really was an amazing force, in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 116September 28, 2019 3:07 AM

Welsh isn't grammatically difficult but speaking it is pretty full on.

by Anonymousreply 117September 28, 2019 3:43 AM

Is Adam Bidwell on the tour with Harry?

by Anonymousreply 118September 28, 2019 4:05 AM

Bea is definitely rushing into it. Baby sister and all her adult cousins are married.

"Somebody marry me before I spend the rest of my life with my mother!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 28, 2019 4:47 AM

Interesting blind about the relationship ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 28, 2019 4:51 AM

I bet Dara Huang was shocked to be abandoned for Bea York. Bea may be polite and charming, but she has not distinguished herself in any laudable way in her 31 years and as to her looks and sex appeal, she is a 6 on a good day. And how can it be anything but mortifying to be associated with Andy and Fergie? Bea was said to be devastated by her ex of 10 years jumping ship. This was supposed to be due to William's distrust and dislike of her ex. I wonder what relations are now between William and Bea. I know the cousins are said to have been close when they were younger, but it's clear that William wants to rid the RF of any member he deems a threat to his status as future king, ie Andy and MM.

by Anonymousreply 121September 28, 2019 5:08 AM

Is William that invested in his "status as a future king"? I've always read that he's pretty ambivalent about the institution and wouldn't mind if the whole thing was abolished after his grandmother's death.

by Anonymousreply 122September 28, 2019 5:17 AM

He certainly used to feel that way, R122, but he has recently gotten on board, maybe with the thought of all that lovely money coming his way. He would also likely want to protect his children's legacy.

by Anonymousreply 123September 28, 2019 5:20 AM

Yes, R128, he is - because two apparently straight males are unable to be in each other’s company without being overcome by the urge to fuck. Harry and Adam are gay gay gay!

by Anonymousreply 124September 28, 2019 6:01 AM

^^ Make that R118

by Anonymousreply 125September 28, 2019 6:01 AM

R121 I don't think Dara gives a toss tbh, she's too busy travelling around the world being fabulous. Word is she doesn't look after her kid much either, Edo is the primary parent and I guess Bea will be too.

by Anonymousreply 126September 28, 2019 11:21 AM

Why on earth would Willilam's status as King be threatened in any way by his cousin, whoi is 9th in line to the throne? How much time do you think Bea and Eugenie and their husbands are really around William and Kate? It's not like they have kids and live next door and are constantly having play dates.

William may not have liked Dave Clark and if he also doesn't like Edo, and given it's a safe bet he hates Meghan Markle's guts, I'd say that these days William is definitely the smartest guy in BP's 600 rooms.

But the 9th in line can marry the dustman if she likes. She doesn't need William's permission or the Queen's, for that matter. And no hubby of Bea's could possily represent a threat to William as King - at most, an annoyance.

Now his brother's wife . . . that's another story in terms of damage to the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 127September 28, 2019 11:24 AM

R122 This is a bit of a rumour, apparently William said it once to Diana when he was a teenager and she told someone else who told a journalist. It's a non story that suddenly was resurrected when MM came on the scene. William has been training to be King all his life with his Granny, learning all the constitutional stuff from her.

by Anonymousreply 128September 28, 2019 11:26 AM

R101 That is Eugenie's engagement ring on the left. Beatrice's engagement ring is below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 28, 2019 11:42 AM

Hmph! You mean, Diana either betrayed his confidence, or even made it up, and told a journalist. The kid was what? 14? when she died. Diana's project was to tell everyone that nobody wanted the crown after the queen. I think it was an "if I'm not having it no-one is" moment.

by Anonymousreply 130September 28, 2019 11:43 AM

r127, Yes, seems to be a wierd theme that William is this mad controller. Bea had a bad boyfriend but it's Will's fault? If they said he bailed because of her parents then fair enough, but a cousin then no chance. The Yorks have a fabulous home and money enough,they do not fear number two.

by Anonymousreply 131September 28, 2019 11:43 AM

Tiaras are for amateurs, R81. As soon as I'm allowed, I shall be trying on Crowns.

by Anonymousreply 132September 28, 2019 11:44 AM

r130, Diana knew she had effed up at that point so was trying to destroy in her wake.

Wounded wives never forget what a slag she was.

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Good morning, R110. Anything you'd like to say?

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2019 11:50 AM

Sorry R101 I misread your post. You weren't saying that was Beatrice's ring.

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2019 11:52 AM

Dear Bea:

If he did it with you, he’ll do it to you.

Love,

People with experience

by Anonymousreply 136September 28, 2019 11:52 AM

Diana and Meghan have that victim thing going on. “They’re so MEAN to me!”

The people who can’t see it are people who do it, themselves.

by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2019 11:56 AM

I assumed Eugenie’s pink sapphire choice was largely budget driven. If her fiancé couldn’t afford a high quality 2-carat diamond people would make snarky comments and she would have to always wear a ring that really didn’t “match” her lifestyle. Not saying Eugenie cared that much, but why not go with a different option and have a really knockout sapphire ring? I like it.

I was rooting for MM to do better, but between the “secret” visit and her “heart’s desires” bullshit I’ve given up. She is AWFUL.

I hope it works out for Beatrice. Between the teeth, eyes, and dyslexia she really got shafted in the genetic lottery.

by Anonymousreply 138September 28, 2019 12:05 PM

Actually, Meghan also was dating someone else (the hot Toronto chef) when she met Harry. She ditched the chef in an eyeblink, and she and Harry spent a lot of time twisting the "timeframe" story around to coverup Meghan's cheating when she saw a better catch.

So Diana, Meghan, and now Bea are all members of the First Past the Post With Your Husbnad/Fiancee Club.

Diana probably figured that Julia Carling and that model Dodi Fayed had stashed away in a yacht nearby with a huge sapphire and diamond engagement ring on as he followed Papa's orders and wooed Diana instead, were her payback to the Universe for Camilla Parker-Bowles. Oh, did I forget to mention what she put Oliver Hoare's wife through?

The courts may be a bit shabby in righting the scales of justice, but karma never is. Karma is always the sharpest blade in the drawer.

Speaking of infidelity, there's a delicious article up on the DM about Snowden's cheating on Margaret and a memoir by the woman who helped Margaret lick her wounds by introducing her to that toy boy on Mustique.

Why, it's all so awful, One doesn't know where to look, does One?

by Anonymousreply 139September 28, 2019 12:14 PM

R138 - I think Eugenie's ring was a matter of choice, not budget, and was plenty expensive. If Brooksbank wanted a screaming headlight for Eugenie, he'd have managed it. And genuine, unheated, natural Padparadscha sapphires of that size are hardly cheap - next to a first water Kashmir sapphire, it's probably the most epxensive sapphire on the market. They're rare in their unheated form and the colour is perfect, exaclty the sort of peachy orange popsicle colour this type of sapphire is famous for. I think it's beautiful and suits Eugeni perfectly.

I like both girls' rings - they're very good examples in their respective styles. I also am fond of Kate's "Diana ring". The only one I thought positively ugly was Meghan's, which also would have been perfectly all right without those two side stones on either side of the solitaire. It would have been so much classier without them - it ended by looking far more cluttered than Eugenie's hunk of platinum with baguettes, a large solitaire, and smaller rounds on the shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 140September 28, 2019 12:20 PM

^*Bea's hunk of platinum and . . . (not Eugenie's)

R140

by Anonymousreply 141September 28, 2019 12:21 PM

"Tiaras are for amateurs, [R81]. As soon as I'm allowed, I shall be trying on Crowns."

—Princess Charlotte"

Dear Charlotte - How many times have I told you, dear, that there is only one "crown" that matters, and your grandfather and father will be handliing that one for years to come.

That said, dear, you may get a chance earlier on if you keep writing to Prince Christian next door, as he is likely to be wearing one much sooner and as his consort, you would be perfectly placed to become a Crown Princess after his Mum, Mother Goose Meg, bites the dust and Frederik and Mary get their chance. You will be exactly the right age for him when he's thirty. Do not underestimate the title CROWN Princess.

Now, your Gran is busy scouting country homes around the Fredensborg area so that the Glucksbergs will be nearby and likely invite your Mum and Dad and sibs over occasionally on the long summer vac. (Between suitably timed visits to Balmoral, of course.)

Be a good girl, practice your Danish so you are fully prepared when the day comes, and stop the nonesense about St. Edward's Crown.

Mum

P.S. You know that thing isn't a real ruby, right, but a spinel? Mum

by Anonymousreply 142September 28, 2019 12:32 PM

^ so clever and witty.

by Anonymousreply 143September 28, 2019 12:34 PM

R98 - Lady Gabriella is quite an armful, isn't she. Carries it very nicely, too.

by Anonymousreply 144September 28, 2019 12:36 PM

r142, Excellent! thanks for the chuckles.

by Anonymousreply 145September 28, 2019 12:39 PM

R126 Ha, of course I have no idea what Dara is up to, but personally if I were going to be dumped, I'd console myself with the thought that it was for a member of the Royal Family. And luckily, her kid ensures that it's a forever connection.

by Anonymousreply 146September 28, 2019 12:46 PM

R144 Are you saying she has a lovely bosom? If so, I agree!

by Anonymousreply 147September 28, 2019 12:47 PM

R144 - Well, yes, she does, but I was referring more to her overall statuesqueness: tall, not fine-boned by a long shot but large in a nice sort of way. She looks, ironicially, exactly like what the Queen used ironically to call Ella's mother, Pss. Michael, "Our Val" (short for Valkyrie). Only Ella' s Valkyrie-ish is not so in your face as Pss. Michael's. And she looks like a much nicer person.

Pity she can't sing - she'd be marvelous as Isolde in Tristan or Freya in the Ring Cycle, keeper of the Golden Apples.

But she's still a bit too soft for Brunhilde or Fricka. Her mother will have to take those roles on for awhile longer.

by Anonymousreply 148September 28, 2019 12:55 PM

R140, I thought I had read somewhere that the estimated cost of Eugenie’s ring was 20k. But I just googled and found something that said 30-50. Either way, I think her ring was a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 149September 28, 2019 12:57 PM

R146 - I think Dara's congratulatory message was strictly in the interests of her child's relationship with his father, and that privately I wyould bet she'd like to wring Edo's and Bea's necks till they both turned blue. But for her son's sake, his tie to his father must be out there and public, so that Edo can't get away with neglecting the boy for any children he has with Bea without looking like the douche bag that I, personally, think he is.

The "uniting our families" phrase was in my opinion less an olive branch than a warning: "we" share a powerful link: your husband is my son's father, your children and my son will be half-siblings, and if you appear to forget it, I'm here to remind you. The world is watching.

by Anonymousreply 150September 28, 2019 1:00 PM

R124, you are clearly uninformed. He is heavily involved in Sentebale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 28, 2019 1:10 PM

[QUOTE] . I know the cousins are said to have been close when they were younger, but it's clear that William wants to rid the RF of any member he deems a threat to his status as future king, ie Andy and MM.

This rewriting of mild mannered William as Prince Machiavelli is hilarious, do carry on.

by Anonymousreply 152September 28, 2019 1:59 PM

[QUOTE] Yes, [R128], he is - because two apparently straight males are unable to be in each other’s company without being overcome by the urge to fuck. Harry and Adam are gay gay gay!

The person who keeps saying Harry and Adam are gay is the Welp Troll. She also claims Jessica Mulroney and MM are a gay couple. The Welp Troll firmly believes that 80% of attractive celebs are gay and closeted.

by Anonymousreply 153September 28, 2019 2:03 PM

That would align her with about 80% of DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 154September 28, 2019 2:04 PM

Spitting Image is back and here are Harry and Meghan's puppets. Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 28, 2019 4:19 PM

If she makes a "secret" visit, then why post it on the Sussex Royal Instagram?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 28, 2019 4:21 PM

More photos of Harry, Meghan and Archie on their visit to Desmond Tutu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 28, 2019 4:22 PM

Meghan is the Queen of Virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 158September 28, 2019 4:23 PM

Meghan and Archie traveling within South Africa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 28, 2019 4:24 PM

Swipe for photos of the uncanny resemblance between Beatrice and Queen Victoria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 28, 2019 4:30 PM

Poor Bea, she has the worst style.

by Anonymousreply 161September 28, 2019 4:32 PM

Why does she so often carry the baby so close to her chest (see at R159). It just looks so awkward.

Don't most mothers and fathers either have the baby in a sling or carry the baby up on their shoulder.

They use those slings with the baby facing out.

These methods allow the baby to watch what's going on around them and appear to be more secure and comfortable all around.

She was holding him the same way at that polo match.

Almost as if she doesn't want him to be able to see around him.

Or she doesn't want people to see him.

Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 162September 28, 2019 4:35 PM

When will Archie makes his balcony debut along with entire family? It will be interesting to see the dynamic amongst all the children....will any of the other children be at all familiar with or interact with Archie?

by Anonymousreply 163September 28, 2019 5:05 PM

R163 - the Royal Family don't make many Buckingham Palace balcony appearances anymore. In the past, it was for big weddings, end of wars, Jubilees and Trooping The Colour.

Archie will probably make his balcony debut for the Queen's "official" birthday next June (eg. Trooping the Colour).

by Anonymousreply 164September 28, 2019 5:19 PM

The dangling tendrils are missing re R155's pic

by Anonymousreply 165September 28, 2019 6:53 PM

R57-oh my god, she used the word "feticide." I just can't with her.

by Anonymousreply 166September 28, 2019 7:05 PM

R162-the ladies on Lipstick Alley talked about this yesterday. They suspect it's because MM is afraid Archie will try to tug on her weave.

by Anonymousreply 167September 28, 2019 7:06 PM

I meant "femicide" above. It autocorrected. It's official-Markle is the most annoying virtue-signaling woman on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 168September 28, 2019 7:10 PM

Oh, the sapphire tiara is marvelous. Perfect for next spring's wedding. Congrats to the beautiful couple.

by Anonymousreply 169September 28, 2019 7:22 PM

Hmm, no color images of the sapphire tiara? All the more reason for Bea to wear it!

by Anonymousreply 170September 28, 2019 7:37 PM

R104 It was Royal Dish that shut its Harry and Meghan section again. Everyone detests Meghan and the comments were once again getting deliciously snarky. One poor chap made the mistake of saying that in regards to the “I’m here as your sister” remark in her speech, Meghan has been “painting herself as Caucasian” her whole adult life. The admin is a humorless authoritarian who immediately called him out and shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2019 8:01 PM

Good to hear that racist commentators are being shut down there, if not here.

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Dearest Charlotte,

Don't be an amateur and go for tiara. It's obvious to anyone that you boss your older brother around. After he becomes king - which may come quicker than think - grab the George IV diadem from him. Tell him it makes him look unmanly - I'm sure he's sensitive to that.

Then wear this delicious as the Princess Royal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2019 8:21 PM

R151 I know that Adam Bidwell is an ambassador with Sentebale. What he is not is Harry’s fuck buddy. You’re clearly the fantasist who wants to believe otherwise, because you have so little contact with heterosexual men that you can’t imagine that two straight men can be platonic friends.

Polo playing Nacho Figueras is also an ambassador for Sentebale. He’s very good looking - is Harry fucking him as well?

Time for you to trot out that old pic of Harry and Adam shirtless together in Vegas - because that proves your sad fantasy, right?

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2019 8:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2019 9:08 PM

R156 - :If she makes a "secret" visit, then why post it on the Sussex Royal Instagram?"

I assume that was a rhetorical question.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2019 9:18 PM

They are lovers. I read it on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2019 9:22 PM

R168. please spell correctly as I thought someone was out there killing faeces..protect the poo!!

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2019 9:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 28, 2019 9:28 PM

I tried an anti Harry post on DS and was shot down in flames..still the people's moron for the Graunaid readers then.

by Anonymousreply 180September 28, 2019 9:32 PM

R172, I don't come across racist comments on these threads very often. Yet we're constantly accused of being racist. Many of us have posted about the Royals before we ever heard about Meghan. When I see a racist post, I just FF them. That's what FFs are for. I was a big fan of Meghan when she first arrived on the scene. But now I find her smarmy and inauthentic. What is racist about having that opinion? This is an anonymous board (if you choose). You have no idea about any of our nationalities or origins, unless we choose to share, and even then, we could just lie. I'm not a fan of her, but I can't remember ever saying anything very harsh about her. I'd rather not talk about her at all. She's boring.

by Anonymousreply 181September 28, 2019 9:51 PM

R178-"femicide" is from Markle's most recent word salad: "The Duchess of Sussex has tied a ribbon at the site where 19-year-old Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana was murdered last month, to pay her respects and to show solidarity with those who have taken a stand against gender based violence and femicide. Over the last month in Capetown, protests erupted through the streets in outrage over GBV in South Africa." For some reason her failure to include a hyphen for "gender-biased" bothers me. I mean, really!

by Anonymousreply 182September 28, 2019 9:56 PM

R182. yes I know. I made a crap ( hehe), joke about the original misspell of fecicide.

by Anonymousreply 183September 28, 2019 10:07 PM

I think a simple image of the memorial and the information about the young girl's life and the crime would have been the correct thing. But hey I don't do fancy writing or instagram so what would I know.

by Anonymousreply 184September 28, 2019 10:11 PM

R184 - What?! And miss a chance to remind the fickle public of my Woke Feminist creds?!

(As I head off to another luxurious guest house paid for by someone else thanks to the high profile man I was clever enough to marry, who gave me my title, my fame, and my fab lifestyle).

by Anonymousreply 185September 28, 2019 10:45 PM

Same reason she would hold her bump in such an exaggerated manner during the pregnancy. Everything this low rent woman does has to be extra. Someone needs to tell her that she doesn't need to hold his head anymore.

The entire thing screams "Look at me holding my royal baby! He's so important that I have to limit his viewing!"

I fully expect her to pull some attention whoring stunt at Bea's wedding. Or to be a no show in order to put the focus on herself.

by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2019 12:24 AM

r186, i fully expect that the Sussexes will not be on the guest list.

by Anonymousreply 187September 29, 2019 12:44 AM

MM holds Archie extremely awkwardly when she is standing / walking, but she looked very natural with him in the seated photos with Tutu. And Archie looked very relaxed and happy. I’m guessing that for some weird reason she never walks with him. Maybe because she doesn’t have to. It’s not like she has him on a hip while vacuuming or making dinner.

by Anonymousreply 188September 29, 2019 12:55 AM

That is an odd way to hold a baby. Poor Archie can’t see anything and has his little face squashed into mum’s bony chest. If nothing else, it’s a vivid reminder of how controlling Meghan is. Archie is a sweet baby but with a mother like that he could grow up to be a defiant hellraiser.

by Anonymousreply 189September 29, 2019 1:26 AM

R189, I hope so. We just spent an afternoon and evening with a woman who has three kids (most of their care was by a nanny). She was holding her last kid, a 2-year old, so awkwardly. He was sliding out of her grip, and looked terribly uncomfortable and was squawking. She just kept talking and drinking.

Some people are just bad at handling babies/kids.

by Anonymousreply 190September 29, 2019 1:35 AM

Holding him in the more natural position with his face peeping over her shoulder would obscure her own face. With photographers around, she can’t have that.

by Anonymousreply 191September 29, 2019 1:41 AM

' I fully expect that the Sussexes will not be on the guest list.'

Really? How utterly unrealistic are you? Seriously, the press scrutiny over that omission would overshadow her wedding completely. You really are one of the least intelligent people I have ever come across.

by Anonymousreply 192September 29, 2019 2:14 AM

It would be kind of hard to fuck up simply having a baby sit on your lap. Either way, everything she does looks so fucking exaggerated and fake.

There is a video that shows Archie starting to kick and fuss, obviously overstimulated, but then it cuts out.

by Anonymousreply 193September 29, 2019 2:25 AM

But if posters don’t invent some crazy ass drama behind the scenes, what will they fill these threads with, R192?

Also, Kate is on a campaign to have Meghan banned from the UK after Brexit. She just can’t deal with Meg’s fakeness anymore. The movement is gaining popularity in Parliament!

by Anonymousreply 194September 29, 2019 2:27 AM

Right. Because it's much more entertaining to read 300 replies crying about how everyone is racist for not worshiping this strong woman of color.

by Anonymousreply 195September 29, 2019 2:30 AM

[quote]You really are one of the least intelligent people I have ever come across

I agree the notion they won't get invited is wholly wrong. But on behalf of the person you also felt it necessary to deem one of the least intelligent people you have ever come across: fuck off, you pompous ass. Wholly unnecessary. If you had any manners you'd apologize.

by Anonymousreply 196September 29, 2019 2:40 AM

I am always pleased to receive advice from Her Majesty's subjects, whom I regard very much as My Peeps.

I am thus grateful to R173 concerning the George IV Diadem, which is indeed a very pretty piece, though you may be overestimating the sensitivities of my brother: the most famous male ballet dancer since Baryshnikov.

R142's tone is rather patronising, but one must accept one's people as one finds them, I suppose. I am not yet of an age to be expert in gemstones, so it is ungentle to quiz me in such a way. I will be taught these things when I am old enough to use my own brooches to quell visiting Heads of State.

Prince Christian's father is not so much older than my own Papa that (God Save Papa) Christian can expect to succeed with much greater speed than my brother. More to the point, I am not my maternal grandmother, but I have her example in my sights. Is it worth all that just to MARRY a crown? History would suggest not. My personal powers may be better used in the service of my own nation (particularly if this Brexit nonsense plays out as expected), if not as its Queen then in some other capacity.

That is not to disparage Prince Christian, who is, I am sure, a charming young man. Who knows what my views about him may be when I have grown beyond worrying about Boy Germs?

by Anonymousreply 197September 29, 2019 3:40 AM

No way in hell they won't invite the Harkles. But expect them to use little Archie to dominate press coverage. This woman is insane.

by Anonymousreply 198September 29, 2019 4:04 AM

[QUOTE] Wholly unnecessary. If you had any manners you'd apologize.

Very pleased that I hit SUCH a nerve without even swearing. I notice you are fine with Meghan supporters being called cunts.

by Anonymousreply 199September 29, 2019 4:30 AM

Archie looks like Meghan's father.

by Anonymousreply 200September 29, 2019 4:39 AM

Archie looks like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 201September 29, 2019 4:41 AM

Archie is going to look exactly like Meghan's redheaded slob of a half-brother, Thomas Markle Jr.

by Anonymousreply 202September 29, 2019 8:21 AM

Archie looks like his dad.

by Anonymousreply 203September 29, 2019 8:52 AM

I would be surprised if the Harkles weren't on Bea's guest list - the regrettable thing is, Harry has been reasonably close to his cousins and is fond of them. Hence, the inclusion of Fergie on the guest list at his own wedding.

That said, the entire family, with the possible exception of Harry's father, hates the woman Harry married, and if they could leave her off the guest list, I'm sure they would. My guess is, Charles feels saddened by Harry's marriage but can't bring himself to engage in the animosity the rest of the family feels free to engage in, as they don't have so delicate a relationship to him as Charles does.

They could always say that they are having a more modest royal wedding and restricting the guest list only to their closest friends and relatives, and invite only the Queen, the Cambridges, and C&C, but I suspect neither Edo nor Bea want a more modest royal wedding: they want the full monty.

They could leave them off the guest list if feeling ran very strong, and the Harkles can hastily arrange some other activity they just have to do on the day off, once they know it, so everyone saves face.

But that will fool no one, and simply continue the narrative that Meghan has managed to separate Harry from his entire family in a short time, that she and he are members of the BRF only in name and insofar as that name will get Meghan the "career" she wants.

Of course, she could get herself up the duff again very quickly and plead infirmity on the day and Harry could go alone. But she'll have to work quickly on that one.

by Anonymousreply 204September 29, 2019 11:55 AM

R197 - Dearest Charlotte: Yes, it is a spinel. And, trust me, you will be doing far more for yourself and the monarchy here by becoming a future Queen Consort of Denmark than becoming the future Princess Anne. As for Britain itsel, well, One may hope and pray but I wouldn't hold my breath. We'll be lucky at this rate, if your Aunt Meghan has anything to do with it, if we're still here in 50 years. Take your mother's (and grandmother's - look how well she placed me and your Aunt Pippa!) advice and start planning now. Those Danish boys always marry outside Denmark - the Danes would be thrilled to havye a bona fide royal as a future consort one day (not that Mary hasn't made a good thing of it, just like yours truly). But you, my dear, are in another category.

And, yes, it is a spinel not a ruby. By the way, have you had a chance to look at the ruby and diamond parure Queen Margrethe gave to Mary upon her marriage to Crown Prince Frederik? Tiara, necklace, bracelet, earrings. Daisy (that is, Dronning Margrethe) has quite a respectiable collection, including some spectacular emerald pieces, which will go nicely one day with your colouring, as it is so similar to mine).

Leave Britain to your grandfather, father, and eventually, older brother to handle. That is their appointed Burden.

In closing, dearest daughter, if you ever use the word "patronising" again toward your future Queen, I shall take you across my knee and show you just how patronising I can be.

Affectionately, Mum

by Anonymousreply 205September 29, 2019 12:08 PM

R204 had an entire conversation with herself to think up those scenarios. Entertaining indeed.

by Anonymousreply 206September 29, 2019 12:16 PM

lol, r206.

by Anonymousreply 207September 29, 2019 12:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 29, 2019 12:34 PM

Catherine:

'She is very clear on her priorities and the values that guide how she lives and works.’

And palace insiders have also given an insight into how the mother- of-three runs her household to achieve her aims, adopting a surprisingly collegiate approach.

‘She takes the time to listen to ideas from the most junior members in her team,’ said a source.

‘Afterwards they’ll say, “Wow, she knows my name. She asked me what I thought.”

‘She is also loyal and if you make a mistake will back you regardless.’

by Anonymousreply 209September 29, 2019 12:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 29, 2019 12:51 PM

R206 - It's a place for idle gossip or hadn't you noticed? Where are we now . . . Thread 95?

We're not approaching 100 threads (and that's just the BRF, never mind the individual Harry/Meghan, Bea/Edo threads) because people are simply talking to themselves.

Yeah, I'm talkin' to you, cunt.

And since we know that the Yorks especially can't stand Meghan Markle, it's not beyond amusing to wonder how they're going to get around inviting her to Bea's wedding.

If that bothers you, do move on.

You, too, Della.

by Anonymousreply 211September 29, 2019 12:54 PM

I don't imagine that Megs would want an invite to Bea's wedding. All eyes will be on Fergie, waiting/hoping for another one of her outlandish social missteps/faux pas. And Megs is not one to be side-lined.

by Anonymousreply 212September 29, 2019 1:00 PM

R208 - Oh, dear - it cannot be accidental that this appears a couple of days after Meghan Markle whinged where she could be heard that her "royal duties" aren't going to force her to give up hopes of fulfilling her "heart's desires". (I wonder how Harry felt hearing Meghan announce that the life and title and wealth that Harry helped her obtain weren't her heart's desires, after all - just a pain in the arse she puts up with whilse she pursued her REAL aims in life)

But dutiful Kate is all about "Queen Country Family", her staff adore her whilst Meghan the Diva Duchess goes around Doing Good Far Away in Africa (about which UK taxpayers at home don't have two fucks to give, especially right now).

The Cambs have zeroed in on Meghan's weak spots and are playing to those rather than trying to compete in the Wokest Royal Couple sweepstakes.

Clever, clever Kate. The fraus on CB always underestimated you.

by Anonymousreply 213September 29, 2019 1:08 PM

R213 It’s not even as if Kate had to come up with the well-planned strategy herself. She and Will just had to take the advice of their staff and public relations people who do it for a living.

by Anonymousreply 214September 29, 2019 1:13 PM

[quote]And since we know that the Yorks especially can't stand Meghan Markle, it's not beyond amusing to wonder how they're going to get around inviting her to Bea's wedding.

Actually, we know nothing of the kind. It's popular conjecture around here but there's been nothing public to confirm a rift. What we do know is that the royal family doesn't like public rifts. Dim and that regrettable wife of his will be at the wedding.

Another thing I know: you're a total idiot and blocked. You have a good day.

by Anonymousreply 215September 29, 2019 1:13 PM

Your boring fan fic/daydreams aren't gossip, r211. Get a blog.

It's laughable that you want to persuade us that BP would allow the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to not be invited to a wedding of one of Q E II's grandchildren, even if the Bride wants to scratch out the eyes of Markle. In fact, if the bride actually felt that way, that would be even more reason not to allow that.

Most sane observers know that BP knows that would create a PR debacle. I could take a running start, flap my arms and fly over Lake Michigan before that happens.

The best, most entertaining gossip is extrapolated from observable reality, not that which is pulled outta your ass.

by Anonymousreply 216September 29, 2019 1:17 PM

R214 - Advice isn't enough: you have to be able to carry it out as though you mean it, which Kate has dibe - she could easily have gotten rattled by all the fuss about Meghan and her Woke Progressive Persona. But she didn't. She stuck to her own game, which, because it suits her so well, has an aura of authenticity that all Meghan's loud posturing doesn't. Meghan comes off always as acting for the cameras. Kate comes off as . . . Kate.

by Anonymousreply 217September 29, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]The Welp Troll firmly believes that 80% of attractive celebs are gay and closeted.

Is it your first day on Datalounge, you dumbshit motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 218September 29, 2019 1:25 PM

R216 - All gossip especially here is pulled out of the arse because none of us know these people for real. Get a grip, will you? Speculation if fun. Fan/fic is fun. If you don't like it, eat it and move on.

And if you read the first line of my post, you'll see that it says: "I would be surprised if the Harkles weren't on Bea's guest list . . ."

I've seen enough fantasist stuff on DL in my years here to sink the Queen Mary. Yeah, I indulge a bit. So what? It's fun.

I don't call you names when I disagree with your views, which I've respondeyd to on occasion respectfully and politely.

Sod that from now on. You're blocked.

by Anonymousreply 219September 29, 2019 1:25 PM

R219 is right, Della, you’re terribly pompous on this topic. A lot of “Everyone who criticizes Meghan is racist except ME.”

Your posts used to be reasonable, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 220September 29, 2019 1:31 PM

I think the Palace told the Fail and others to calm down with the criticism. This tell me the BRF still want Harry and incidentally Meghan to be part of the Firm.

We have positive articles on Kate and the Harkles on the same day. The Daily Fail is praising them all for shit, saying Kate has changed so much when she did not and everything about the Harkles are positive now.

I tell you, BP wants to push the younger generation even if they have to promote Meghan for that. Let's forget about Andrew being a perv and the Queen being an old bat doing unconstitutional stuff.

by Anonymousreply 221September 29, 2019 1:35 PM

R219, I, for one, enjoy your Princess Charlotte monologues. Do carry on.

by Anonymousreply 222September 29, 2019 1:35 PM

Della probably is a secret CB operative sent on here to slowly try to win us all over with her intellectualism and witty repartee.

by Anonymousreply 223September 29, 2019 1:38 PM

CockyBoys, R223?

by Anonymousreply 224September 29, 2019 1:44 PM

R223 - She's probably Kaiser herself.

by Anonymousreply 225September 29, 2019 1:45 PM

R221 Sorry but I cannot take anyone seriously who calls the DM the "Daily Fail"

by Anonymousreply 226September 29, 2019 1:47 PM

Oh, God, don't encourage those Princess Charlotte monologues. They are the opposite of funny. Wordy, leaden... the strength of satire is truth... those things rely on Google.

by Anonymousreply 227September 29, 2019 1:50 PM

R226 Damn, you're so fragile.... By the way, I don't care if you take me seriously or not, I don't need you approval.

by Anonymousreply 228September 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Where would we be without the multi-paragraph troll talking to herself in these threads?

Go on and write another drawn out essay, hun. My breakfast quiche is going to take fucking forever.

by Anonymousreply 229September 29, 2019 1:54 PM

I call it the Daily Maul. Am I commanded to pack as well?

by Anonymousreply 230September 29, 2019 1:57 PM

Kate has come a long way. I recall long ago reading that she had panic attacks before speaking engagements. I think that is why she never gave one interview or made one speech in the 10 years she and Wills were dating/engaged. I've often thought if it were me, I'd have gotten up on a soapbox right away, pushing the causes close to my heart (animal welfare).

Certainly the Harkles will be at Bea's wedding. But they will have been warned to dress and behave in a way that doesn't attract undue attention, and they'd be fools to ignore that.

by Anonymousreply 231September 29, 2019 2:15 PM

R227, when I encounter something boring or overly long, I simply stop reading and move on. I’m not expecting deathless prose on a gossip site, though wit and sharp observations are most welcome. In fact, I wish I had more of the latter to offer.

by Anonymousreply 232September 29, 2019 2:27 PM

"But they will have been warned to dress and behave in a way that doesn't attract undue attention"

MM will wear the black Valentino (?) gown she just wore for Misha's wedding, secure in the notion that she will get good press as a good recycler of clothes while secretly gleeful that Bea gets a second-hand look.

by Anonymousreply 233September 29, 2019 2:28 PM

Yes, you can bet MM will be wearing black or navy. Always so festive!

by Anonymousreply 234September 29, 2019 2:33 PM

Archie's Mother will wear whatever fulfills her heart's desire to Bea's wedding, her needs will NOT fade away.

by Anonymousreply 235September 29, 2019 2:38 PM

“Thanks, they don’t make it easy.”

by Anonymousreply 236September 29, 2019 3:31 PM

Prince Andrew is still a part of the FBI’s ongoing Epstein investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 29, 2019 3:41 PM

[QUOTE] MM will wear the black Valentino (?) gown she just wore for Misha's wedding, secure in the notion that she will get good press as a good recycler of clothes while secretly gleeful that Bea gets a second-hand look.

By mid 2020 that dress will be far too big for Meghan. Every time we see her she is a little bit thinner. Once she stops breast feeding and can resume her pre pregnancy diet and exercise regimen (yes, possibly including an appetite suppressant), all bets are off.

You don't maintain at size 8 UK for over twenty years to give up on it all after one pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 238September 29, 2019 3:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 29, 2019 3:56 PM

That story was side eye shade at Megantoinette. I love the Maul. It is a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 240September 29, 2019 3:58 PM

R240-everything about that article was an oblique criticism of Markle. Nuggets like this: "There are some clever stylists behind the fashion makeover, certainly, but those who know the Duchess well say she deserves credit for having the humility to listen. This is not a trait shared by all members of the Royal Family." And this: "And gone are the clipped, faux-aristo tones she once used for public speaking in favour of a more natural voice. If there's one thing we've learnt from recent criticism of the monarchy, it's that the public have no time for royals posing as something they're not."

by Anonymousreply 241September 29, 2019 4:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242September 29, 2019 4:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 29, 2019 4:59 PM

R242, perhaps - and this is a theory I’ve pulled out of my ass - they are considering infectious diseases. Perhaps SA has a higher rate of vaccinated citizens, and The Earl wouldn’t have a risk of exposure to anything he hasn’t been vaccinated against. I’m not an expert, but I do know that, at his age, he only would have received a fraction of the vaccines he needs.

Of course, Meghan couldn’t possibly be separated from him for even half a day, even if they’re on the same continent.

by Anonymousreply 244September 29, 2019 5:06 PM

^^ it’s not as if there’s a tennis match happening. Just a royal tour.

by Anonymousreply 245September 29, 2019 5:07 PM

Eugenie was spotted on the phone in London. Swipe for photos. She's quite big in the mid-section.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246September 29, 2019 5:09 PM

What many people may not think about is how hard it can be for some of us to be public figures. R239's article makes that clear. I have a horror of public speaking, even though I've had to do it. And it seems like most people I know dread it. So it's a perfectly normal thing, for many of us. I think many of us can identify with Kate, who had to overcome her shyness, Its much harder to identify with Meghan, who was supposedly "ready to step right out the gate", and never found a camera she did't love.

by Anonymousreply 247September 29, 2019 5:12 PM

Meghan hosted a breakfast for female leaders last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 29, 2019 5:14 PM

Eugenie could be pregnant or just fat, it's hard to know with her.

by Anonymousreply 249September 29, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]Eugenie was spotted on the phone in London. Swipe for photos. She's quite big in the mid-section.

Swipe for IMAX, more like. The wedding diet is obviously over.

by Anonymousreply 250September 29, 2019 5:15 PM

Her top doesn't fit well. Her bra makes her breasts droop too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 29, 2019 5:15 PM

If Huge is that wide, Meagan will not only to Bea's wedding, she'll stand next to Huge the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 252September 29, 2019 5:16 PM

Meghan, girl, tie your hair for fuck sake.

by Anonymousreply 253September 29, 2019 5:17 PM

Meghan looks good with the extra weight.

by Anonymousreply 254September 29, 2019 5:18 PM

"Bitch, you're stealing the limelight".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255September 29, 2019 5:19 PM

Tiaras from recent weddings - Kate, Meghan, Eugenie and Gabriella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 29, 2019 5:20 PM

Misha Nonoo's wedding gown (her second).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257September 29, 2019 5:23 PM

I don't know where this poster is getting their info but I'm guessing it's for this year so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 29, 2019 5:28 PM

As far as I know, there's no real reliable source for Royal work.

by Anonymousreply 259September 29, 2019 5:31 PM

R257 That’s an impressively slutty-looking wedding gown.

by Anonymousreply 260September 29, 2019 6:45 PM

MM looks like a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 261September 29, 2019 7:03 PM

R243 - the lady with the Queen in that photo is her nephew's wife Serena. I don't see any Phillips family members only the Armstrong Jones family. Another major fail for the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 262September 29, 2019 7:23 PM

Jesus, R242, Hugenie lools like the Hildenburg. By her third semester she'll have problems walking up stairs.

by Anonymousreply 263September 29, 2019 7:49 PM

Ouch, ouch, ouch:

"It is quite a contrast with the approach taken by Meghan, who seems to bring more than a touch of showbusiness to her duties. While the Sussex Instagram page features right-on quotes, the Cambridge updates are more in keeping with the Royal Family's way of doing things – raising awareness of charities, for example, and updating followers on engagements. And while Meghan came under fire for taking no fewer than six private jets over the summer, Kate made sure her family boarded a commercial plane to visit the Queen in Balmoral.

While Meghan continues to seek out the glamour of her acting days and uses her position to pursue her international ambition to change the world and 'break the internet', Kate's outlook is deliberately domestic – calculated to support both Britain and her own family. In her charitable work, the Duchess has picked organisations such as the Scouts that chime with her personal interests, including the natural world, sport, child development and photography."

Dear me, Kate's PR office has taken off the gloves with a vengeance. And the DM is only too happy to help out with that.

by Anonymousreply 264September 29, 2019 8:12 PM

R251 - Horrible hair, horrible brassiere, horrible outfit.

by Anonymousreply 265September 29, 2019 8:14 PM

R262 - It is a major error. Serena Lynley is about 10 years older than Autumn Phillips, and as the rest of the Lynleys were along as well, they should have caught the error. I think Serena quite stylish and I loved the deep brown velvet. Pity we didn't see more of Margarita, I think she is turning into quite a beauty.

I have never been able to make up my mind about Serena's wedding dress, though - it was so much like his mother's and I never could make up my mind about Margaret's, either.

by Anonymousreply 266September 29, 2019 8:30 PM

I don't know how this never occurred to me before: if William and his kids are involved in a tragic accident, the UK will one day be ruled by King Archie. Seriously. King Archie. Or King Harrison, which sounds even worse.

by Anonymousreply 267September 29, 2019 8:47 PM

After Charles is crowned, William and children will travel separately (cars, planes), I think?

by Anonymousreply 268September 29, 2019 9:01 PM

Shouldn't that protocol already be in effect R268? If something happens to Williams family now or later, it'll still put Harry's family in the direct line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 269September 29, 2019 9:10 PM

The world needs a King Archie - ideally he ascends the throne in his early 20s and forms part of a triangle with Lady Veronica, daughter of the Duke of Marlborough and Betty Sharpest - a little seamstress he visits in Leeds.

by Anonymousreply 270September 29, 2019 9:20 PM

I on it. By when I say it, I'm being indelicate.

by Anonymousreply 271September 29, 2019 9:30 PM

R251 I see Misha Nonoo has a picture of MM at this breakfast. Apparently that tank top is the "boyfriend tank' and she is honoured that the DoC chose to wear it. Such blatant advertising, it is so tacky.

R257 That dress is pretty average and not designed very well, Misha should stick to the boring shite she designs.

by Anonymousreply 272September 29, 2019 11:22 PM

Misha Nonoo's wedding dress is an abomination--second only to her plain white shirt that sells for $154. You can get the same white shirt at any thrift store for $3.00.

by Anonymousreply 273September 30, 2019 12:41 AM

R273, I’ve gotten beautiful white shirts like that for $7.99. Custom-made men’s shirts with French cuffs and good buttons.

And if you must buy new, H&M probably has the same thing for $29.99.

by Anonymousreply 274September 30, 2019 1:15 AM

I doubt MM is nursing. She couldn’t have flown to the US were she.

by Anonymousreply 275September 30, 2019 1:49 AM

Don't think she is, but she could have pumped.

by Anonymousreply 276September 30, 2019 1:51 AM

R267 - King Archie is only a fond figment of Meghan Markle's imagination. I don't doubt that the BRF has taken the most stringent precautions about who flies the Cambridge's planes, and in a short time, Kate will be flying with George and William with Charlotte and Louis, or Kate with George and Louis, and William with Charlotte, or some variation thereof.

by Anonymousreply 277September 30, 2019 1:56 AM

R262 - HELLO Magazine also ran the story with headline that it was Autumn Phillips. It doesn't even LOOK like Autumn Phillips, who is not only ten years younger than Serena Lynley, but a good deal chunkier.

by Anonymousreply 278September 30, 2019 1:58 AM

William should not be flying commercial. This is a dangerous world. That, and his father isn't a young man. I'm surprised they (Charles and William) don't travel by military aircraft with the highest security.

by Anonymousreply 279September 30, 2019 2:15 AM

MM will never have her pre-baby body back. She has filled out. Her arms and legs will be the only skinny thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 280September 30, 2019 2:16 AM

R267, I would bet everything I own that MM thinks of that all the time. Planes crash all the time, right?

So near and yet so far!

by Anonymousreply 281September 30, 2019 5:16 AM

Oh, Good Lord! I wasn't expecting to be cackling like a Kookabura, with just me just eating me morning Grape Nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282September 30, 2019 7:32 AM

No one seems to remember the OTHER possible plane or auto accident that could take out the Sussexes who all travelling together because they have no succession reason not to, and bump Andrew up to sixth place and his daughters up two places, as well. Then HM would force Andrew to resign his place in the line of succession because of the Epstein scandal, and Bea and Eugenie would find thmselves 6th and 7th, at last needed senior working royals on the royal gravy train.

If that occurs, my first suspect would be Edo.

Does that gut Eugenie was displaying in those photos her recently put up (in an outfit so heinous it made Meghan's mosque dress look good) look like fat or baby? I think the former, as she wouldn't be displaying it so prominently without an announcement.

Perhaps she's waiting for the Sussexes to come home and then announce it so everyone forgets they're back.

by Anonymousreply 283September 30, 2019 11:52 AM

R283 Next step, Edo and Meghan are long time lovers and plotted together all along.

by Anonymousreply 284September 30, 2019 12:14 PM

I’m pretty sure Eugenie is just fat. Her breasts don’t look bigger and it’s mostly in her hips and thighs. Her waist is actually small for someone her size, despite the pot belly. She’ looks like she has a tendency towards actual obesity and will probably blow up when she finally does get pregnant.

Add me to the list of people who are surprised that William travels with his entire family. Two years ago that was not such a big deal. Now that Andrew is (more) disgraced and MM is in the picture, that seems like a crazy risk. They shouldn’t even travel in the same car.

Archie could turn out to be a great kid, but who knows what kind of weird stunts MM is going to pull in the event of a divorce?

I wouldn’t be completely shocked if William’s generation had an exit plan. They might be plotting how to extricate themselves with as much money and land as possible. Because I’m still confused by the Harry-MM marriage. She comes across as a grifter self promoter, but she adds some color (literally) and IQ points. She’s obviously no genius, but she might be the smartest woman in the world who was willing to marry Harry.

by Anonymousreply 285September 30, 2019 12:33 PM

Archie seemed like he barely knew who Meghan or Harry were during that meeting with Tutu. Which is a relief - the only hope that kid has is if the staff are taking care of him.

by Anonymousreply 286September 30, 2019 1:12 PM

R25 - "She’s obviously no genius, but she might be the smartest woman in the world who was willing to marry Harry."

LOL. The smarter ones ran for the hills.

I doubt the Cambridges have exit plans except in the event of a full-scale revolt and abolishment of the monarchy altogether (something I believe Labour have announced as part of their plan should they ever come to power). But other than that, I doubt it. Too much at stake and the monarchy still enjoys very high support amongst the plebs.

The Sussxes have most definitely thrown a spanner in the works, in my view not in a way advantageous to the institution long-term, and how that will play out remains to be seen.

You should see the comments below the DM's article (far down the page in smaller type) that a "royal expert" predicts the Queen will be delighted with the "unorthodox, informal tour" the Sussexes have just so brilliantly carried out. It forebore to mention Meghan's incredily ill-advised comment that she won't let her royal duties stop her from fulfilling her heart's desires and how delighted HM was about that.

One of the comments below the article, which is nakedly and unashamedly PR made up out of whole cloth, says, "Brought to you by Sunshine Sachs".

by Anonymousreply 287September 30, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote]Next step, Edo and Meghan are long time lovers and plotted together all along.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Both are hustlers, always looking out for the next opportunity, the next rung up the self-aggrandizement ladder and quickly moving on when it arrives. Both of them are using the BRF, hoping to hook even bigger fish/marks. Megs admitted as much with her "heart's desires" gaffe.

by Anonymousreply 288September 30, 2019 1:24 PM

R288 - Edo has no title and has already gone as far up the social hierarchy ladder as he is going to go. Ditto, Meghan. As far as titles and social cachet go, they've both hit the highest rung they are going to make it to.

But money is another matter. Neither Bea nor Harry are rich the way William one day will be and Charles and his mother already are, so the next step for Meghan (in her mind) is someone like Jeff Bezos. Or, if she plans enough in advance, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway when his wife, Mette-Marit, as she inevitably will, passes away from COPD, with which she was diagnosed a year or so ago. But although that would bump Meghan's title up to future Queen and make her Kate's equal, it wouldn't be much of a bump up re money, as the Norwegian royal family is the poorest royal family in Europe.

For Edo, a next step is far more problematical. He can't marry a CEO billionaire because they're all (I think) straight men looking for women like Salma Hayek.

Marrying another heiress is a possibility, of course, but there aren't many who are also bona fide blood princesses of one of the world's foremost royal families.

No, I think Edo will stick with Bea. He looks like he knows his way around well enough to see which side of the bread his butter is on.

Meghan, however, is another story.

by Anonymousreply 289September 30, 2019 1:45 PM

Edo and Beatrice will probably have kids and even though he’s a guy, his marketability will be impaired once he has kids with two different woman. I agree, He’s not going anywhere. And they know each other well. They’ll muddle though even if he cheats. The marriage will give him the profile to make some bigger money, so he won’t need an heiress.

Why would the the crown prince of Norway give Meghan the time of day? I don’t think a failed marriage to a UK prince is a qualification for marriage to a Norwegian one. If anything, it’s a negative. Were you kidding?

She’s more likely to go for a Bezos type. But a real attention seeker - more along the lines of Musk or a richer version of the WeWork lunatic. Although Bezos has shown himself to be vulnerable. But she’s pretty old. If she can’t have a kid with a really rich guy she could end up much worse off than she is now.

by Anonymousreply 290September 30, 2019 2:03 PM

R284, Are you serious re your comment that Edo and MM are long term lovers? Always suspected that a lot of players in the BRF are either gay, bisexual, and/or swingers who've slept with others in their elite social circles.

by Anonymousreply 291September 30, 2019 2:14 PM

R291 - I suspect R284's comment about Meghan and Edo was tongue in cheek.

That said, you're not far off. Pss. Margaret's husband was bisexual, quite the swinger, and cheated on her during their courtship and after their marriage with partners of varied persuasions. He was also notoriously well-hung and a great lay the way some short, intense men can be, and made the most of it.

Pss. Anne had an affair with Camilla's first husband, Andrew Parker-Bowles, also reputed to be great in the sack and to have made the rounds of every woman in their social circle before and after marrying Camilla, he's thoroughly hetero, I believe.

Prince George, Duke of Kent, the Queen's uncle, was also bisexual although I believe deeply in love with his wife, Princess Marina of Greece, and I wouldn't bet my life on Prince Edward, and in an even earlier generation, the heir, Prince Edward, Duke of Clarence, was also reputed to have quite a chequered private life. However, he fortunately died young, allegedly of typhoid or something, and the far more stolid and traditional younger brother, George took over, and he and his wife, Mary, became King and Queen in 1910 or so, till 1935, when George died, and Prince Edward became Edward VIII for ten months before abdicating for Wallis Simpson, and I believe there are quite a few interesting sexual stories about him, too - not least that he had a tiny pecker and Wallis's sexual skills were able to do for him what no other woman could . . . hence, his string of married lovers.

Make of all that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 292September 30, 2019 2:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293September 30, 2019 2:46 PM

Well, R291, it was rumored that Bea's old beau was not 'trusted' by William. Ten years with the aging harpy and not trusted? That's pretty telling, imo, that a lot of behind the scenes debauchery is happening.

by Anonymousreply 294September 30, 2019 2:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295September 30, 2019 3:25 PM

What's worse, if unsurprising, if the 15 minute speech that kicked off the process.

by Anonymousreply 296September 30, 2019 3:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 30, 2019 3:29 PM

Doria is in good shape!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 30, 2019 3:33 PM

Have Bea and Edo announced a wedding date yet?

by Anonymousreply 299September 30, 2019 3:47 PM

R299 - no, but my guess is an April or May wedding.

by Anonymousreply 300September 30, 2019 3:49 PM

R294, don't underestimate the unhappiness accrued by marrying into a difficult or hostile family. As much as I despise MM, I sympathise with her position vis-à-vis the BRF. Aside from dubious articles saying that MM and Kate exchange messages regarding parenting, it's clear that she and Harry are on their own in that family.

William's distrust of Dave Clark was said to be based o his leaking some private information.

by Anonymousreply 301September 30, 2019 4:04 PM

Genuinely curious, r301, do you feel that they BRF have treated Meghan unfairly? I think the BRF gave her a chance at the beginning but quickly learned to give the Sussexes a wide berth as they proved themselves to be untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 302September 30, 2019 4:09 PM

Plus, you just know she is just as much the exhausting, self-important, self-absorbed, gesticulating blowhard in private as she is in public. They're probably well relieved that they only have to see her a few times per year.

by Anonymousreply 303September 30, 2019 4:15 PM

She's found her niche then, R303. The whole of the BRF comes off as you describe.

by Anonymousreply 304September 30, 2019 4:19 PM

The whole of them? Some do quite well at their events, i.e., listening to others, giving speeches which highlight the charity wherein they do not mention themselves. No, Meghan is particularly in love with her own voice in a way the others are not.

by Anonymousreply 305September 30, 2019 4:25 PM

Agree, R305. It's hilarious counting how many times Meghan mentions herself in her writing and her speeches. I've never seen any public figure to it to the extent she does except for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 306September 30, 2019 4:43 PM

[QUOTE] I doubt the Cambridges have exit plans except in the event of a full-scale revolt and abolishment of the monarchy altogether (something I believe Labour have announced as part of their plan should they ever come to power).

Yet another dunderhead spreading fake news like Donald Trump. Labour could forget all about government if they ever came anywhere close to 'announcing' the 'abolishment' (sic) of the monarchy. Such naivety is breathtaking, and it's 'abolition', you dunce.

by Anonymousreply 307September 30, 2019 4:44 PM

Yes indeed, R305, all of them are tedious blowhards.

I do like Camilla when drunk, however.

by Anonymousreply 308September 30, 2019 4:49 PM

R308-I'd put up a poll, but let's face it, Camilla would win hands down for royal you'd most likely want to drink with.

by Anonymousreply 309September 30, 2019 4:56 PM

I might consider the Queen as a drinking buddy, R309, before Camilla. Imagine the stories she'd tell under the influence!

by Anonymousreply 310September 30, 2019 4:58 PM

[QUOTE] But money is another matter. Neither Bea nor Harry are rich the way William one day will be and Charles and his mother already are, so the next step for Meghan (in her mind) is a billionaire like Jeff Bezos...

No, she values fame and publicity way above unlimited wealth. The wives of billionaire CEOs aren't in the headlines every single day, or even any day. Her entire career path since a teen has been about being heard, and seen.

by Anonymousreply 311September 30, 2019 4:59 PM

Anne seems alright, though one imagines much of her conversation revolves around horses.

by Anonymousreply 312September 30, 2019 5:01 PM

Such a limitation sounds tedious and hardly 'alright', R312, but I don't like horses.

by Anonymousreply 313September 30, 2019 5:08 PM

Meghan was out in Johannesburg today. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 30, 2019 5:23 PM

MeMe can find the camera wherever it is. Another boring navy outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315September 30, 2019 5:25 PM

Busting out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 30, 2019 5:27 PM

Dear Diary: Who knew poor people could be so much fun!

by Anonymousreply 317September 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Another low $ dress. Are they keeping a low budget for PR purposes - or - have they had their budget decreased?

by Anonymousreply 318September 30, 2019 5:56 PM

My guess is they've had an order from on high-and a cut to the budget to boot.

by Anonymousreply 319September 30, 2019 5:57 PM

R318 - I read a story that Meghan purposely is recycling and wearing low costing outfits on this tour after the criticism because - wait for it - she didn't want the clothes to distract from the work. Eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 320September 30, 2019 6:03 PM

It's weird how Charles has seemingly disappeared as of late. Last year, with the documentary, the POW commemoration, etc... it seemed like they were easing the public into him being a quasi-regent. It's hard to tell if his low profile is due to an organic lack of interest or not.

by Anonymousreply 321September 30, 2019 6:04 PM

Meghan’s lips seem far more full and plump than they were a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 322September 30, 2019 6:09 PM

He's been busy according to the Court Circular but a lot of what he does is either not a public event or the Daily Maul barely cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323September 30, 2019 6:12 PM

Frankly, I don't think any of the BRF are people you would particularly want for friends. Some are a lot less appealing than others, eg Anne, Andrew, Phillip, William. Apparently Kate isn't accepted among the aristos even now. Zara, her husband, Fergie and Camilla are probably the most human. It's likely they despised MM for her origins and career even before they met her. A lot of her behaviour shows a person who doesn't care about fitting in or getting it right. I think The Windsors' depiction of Harry is probably pretty close and I would cut my head off if I had to live with that all the time.

by Anonymousreply 324September 30, 2019 6:31 PM

"...She had an ongoing battle with the cats belonging to Prince and Princess Michael — who also lived at the palace — and encouraged her chauffeur to drive at them or turn the hose on them in the garden.

If I was there, she'd give the hose to me and shout, 'Go, Anne, get them!' as I dutifully ran all around the garden, making sure I didn't spray her by mistake."

Pss Margaret, cunt extraordinaire

by Anonymousreply 325September 30, 2019 6:45 PM

So they had their budget slashed , r320, and Meghan came up with an excuse to save face.

Although she has been praised in the press for her thrifty choices on this tour, she looks decidedly unroyal. Who wants to see that? It's like Ginny from Billing got her own tour.

by Anonymousreply 326September 30, 2019 6:59 PM

R324-I agree. I have a feeling things have to be explained to Harry very slowly and in very simple language.

by Anonymousreply 327September 30, 2019 7:06 PM

R286, I think he's got bad eyesight. He already has a wonky eye, indicating that this eye's vision is poor. The other eye might be affected as well.

by Anonymousreply 328September 30, 2019 7:06 PM

We used to have a user writing messages from The Dook of Susseks (or something like that) in here.

Where is s/he? Another message from The Dook right from Africa would be hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 329September 30, 2019 7:08 PM

R326 - The so called "clothing budget was not slashed. This is a PR exercise to make sure Meghan's clothes and Meghan received less and hopefully minimal criticism than on her previous tours.

by Anonymousreply 330September 30, 2019 7:15 PM

The Maul was crowing about it being a PR success story and there've been some plants in more respectable papers too... like the Telegraph. Little Miss Modestly Turned Out if chafing inside those cheap clothes. But they suit her

by Anonymousreply 331September 30, 2019 7:18 PM

Royal Wedding tiaras - Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 30, 2019 7:21 PM

Royal Wedding tiaras - Part Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 30, 2019 7:21 PM

R329, yes, those were funny!

by Anonymousreply 334September 30, 2019 7:58 PM

When I see that picture of Fergie at R333, I wonder how she could have screwed that up so bad. I remember when they got married and they seemed so excited and crazy about each other.

by Anonymousreply 335September 30, 2019 8:12 PM

The tour is almost over. No major missteps occurred, but it didn't garner a significant level of attention, either. Any guesses on what's next for these two?

by Anonymousreply 336September 30, 2019 8:25 PM

I surprised that Pa Markle and Sister Sammie have retired from public life, I expected them to have long and prominent careers as Sussex pundits.

by Anonymousreply 337September 30, 2019 8:37 PM

I think the era of BRF visits to 3rd world areas of the world garnering attention is over. It was over when Diana was doing that shit for attention and fame, there was a backlash then with her playing White Savior. Her "friend" Mother Teresa was campaigning against divorce for the little people while okaying it for her friend the fellow saint Diana. People saw through that sanctimonious shit back then and they're more over that shit now. So no, the Sussexes' visit playing saviors in Africa is not viewed as self-serving and not entirely politically-correct in some SJWs' worldview. The world has changed since Diana's time, only people who are idiots on the level of Donald Trump would think of Africa as this dark continent with people who are helpless or too dumb to help themselves. Guess what, I know friends, former fellow students, colleagues who have worked in Africa in the healthcare setting (they ran health clinics), specifically Malawi and Kenya (and one in Haiti which isn't in Africa), they (they're White btw) all say the same thing. It's only idiots who don't know shit about Africa or are still under this patronizing savior notion that still think of continental Africans as passive and not wanting to help themselves. They don't NEED the likes of the Sussexes who use them for photo ops, who are not down on the ground actually doing shit but nevertheless make a public show of doing shit.

The Sussexes and their actions in Africa make me so sick. Knowing what I know about the collaborative efforts of the NPs that I know who had worked in Africa, and the way that African friendships and culture are integrated into their lives even now, and to see the fake-ass shit that the Sussexes are pulling.....sad.

by Anonymousreply 338September 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Technically, Pakistan is still considered a third-world country and that is the next tour slated. The Cambridge tours don't seem patronizing in the way that the Sussexes do. Theirs seem more like the usual strengthening of ties between two countries, highlighting tourist areas, etc.

by Anonymousreply 339September 30, 2019 9:23 PM

R339 Exactly, strengthening ties instead of going around faking humility and doing/ saying shit that tick the box of Humanitarian. I know the difference and I see the opposite of humanitarian when the Sussexes are there speechifying to people in need of help and those who actually do the work to help them.

by Anonymousreply 340September 30, 2019 9:41 PM

R302 - Totally agree. The people who matter in the BRF bent over backward to make Meghan welcome, with the possible exception of William, who warned his brother that he might be rushing things and that Meghan might not be suited to royal life. William turned out to be right.

It was Meghan who turned hostile the moment the ring was on her finger - unsupportive of British fashion, clearly bent on the world beyond Britain, abusing staff so that stories went back to the Big House, the whole birth, christening, and godparent farce, tiaragate, her extravagant wardrobe . . . I think she showed her claws too early in the game and managed to pry Harry away from his blood family incredibly quickly.

They're on their own in that family because they chose to be. Meghan dislikes coming second, anywhere. In that family, she'll always be behind Kate. That's not hostility, that's hereditary monarchy. If she couldn't deal with it, she shouldn't have married into it.

She's actually made Harry look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 341September 30, 2019 10:06 PM

R330 - Exactly so. This wasn't about budget slashing, it was about image rehabilitation - the thrifty, down to earth Duchess replaces, the high flyin', Mark Hotel baby shower, six private jets in one week, $15,000 dresses, 3.5 million quid on your fucking "cottage" Duchess.

I think the tour has been a modest success for them, although Meghan managed to put her foot in her mouth yet again with that ludicrous "heart's desires" comment, and Harry put his even bigger foot in his mouth tellin an African boy that the problems the world is facing weigh Harry down so much, that some days he has trouble rolling out of his 600% Egyptian cotton linens.

And, of course, a few nasty fashion faux pas on Meghan's part, starting with that ghastly mosque visit dress with her hair falling out of the head scarf.

And I also think it got minimal publicity. It will be forgotten immediately, especially with what is really occupying British taxpayers' minds - hint: it's not how many African kids Meghan managed to get herself photographed hugging.

by Anonymousreply 342September 30, 2019 10:17 PM

It can be true that their budget was slashed AND that they revised their wardrobe for PR points. I don't think Charles is funding them anymore (except for 1/2 of Sara Latham's salary). I think they are under BP with the rest of the minor royals with a much lower budget. He finally put his foot down (although some poor flunkie probably delivered the news).

by Anonymousreply 343September 30, 2019 10:25 PM

R342-that's a conversation I would have loved to have heard, or at least the one where Hazz broke the budget cut to Megs.

by Anonymousreply 344September 30, 2019 10:27 PM

Well it's nice you think that R343 but there's no evidence for it. The BRF hates conflict. They do not go on the offensive until they're tried everything else (Diana and Charles) or their backs are against the wall (dead Diana or vulgar, vulgar, vulgar Duchess of York toes.) That is established.

by Anonymousreply 345September 30, 2019 10:30 PM

I don't believe it about the budget slashing. Look what she wore to NotNow's wedding last weekend. Jesus, $15,000 on that black meringue puffball with gold sprinkles!

This tour's low cost wardrobe was all smoke and mirrors. If she's wearing cheaper clothes, it's solely for PR, not because Charles told her the account is now limited.

The Cambridges have a London pre-event for the Pakistan tour on Thursday this week at the Aga Khan Centre in London - I believe it's black tie so we'll get to see Kate gowned, and they leave on the 14th.

by Anonymousreply 346September 30, 2019 10:38 PM

The Sussexes were removed from Clarence House's website a few months ago and Charles was conspicuously missing from Harry's birthday Instagram collage. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but there has been a cooling. I think the Sussexes have well and truly been relegated to BP.

by Anonymousreply 347September 30, 2019 10:42 PM

R347 - Not so: On the @clarencehouse account, which belongs to Charles, a tribute was posted with a photo of Charles and Harry sharing a moment at the International Year of The Reef meeting in 2018. Chalres added the royal hashtag, JappyBirthdayHRH to his birthday wishes.

by Anonymousreply 348September 30, 2019 10:47 PM

Meghan would have ponied up herself for the Moo Moo frock since it was a private event. Charles covers the clothing for the official engagements. No birthday greetings for pa seems like the kind of stunt Meghan would pull to show her displeasure. Like the Prince of Wales/future King of England would feel slighted on not being mentioned on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 349September 30, 2019 10:48 PM

R348, it was Meghan who didn't include Charles on Harry's birthday wishes. She did include Diana, though.

by Anonymousreply 350September 30, 2019 11:46 PM

'This tour's low cost wardrobe was all smoke and mirrors. If she's wearing cheaper clothes, it's solely for PR, not because Charles told her the account is now limited.'

Just as Kate saw all the negative press about her showing her bare buttocks off, and rectified matters, so Meghan has seen all the negative articles about her wardrobe and has changed course. Did you really expect her to carry on wearing the overpriced frocks after the beating she's had?

by Anonymousreply 351October 1, 2019 1:24 AM

Would it kill this repugnant woman to act natural and forget about the cameras?

by Anonymousreply 352October 1, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]Did you really expect her to carry on wearing the overpriced frocks after the beating she's had?

Actually, yes.

by Anonymousreply 353October 1, 2019 1:35 AM

'The Cambridges have a London pre-event for the Pakistan tour on Thursday this week at the Aga Khan Centre in London - I believe it's black tie so we'll get to see Kate gowned, and they leave on the 14th.'

They'll be a target for every suicide bomber in the country. What a scary assignment. Are they there long? That country is the worst of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 354October 1, 2019 1:37 AM

Sometimes, you're better off dead

The Welp Troll is here and is posting on the thread

The Welp Troll's mad, so unstable

Knocking down chairs and kicking in tables

On a Datalounge thread in a gay hoe town

Call the cops, there's a Welp Troll around

Running down, underground

To a dive bar in a Welp Troll town.

by Anonymousreply 355October 1, 2019 1:43 AM

Too many shadows whispering voices

Threads on Datalounge too many choices

If when, why, what - are you a shill or a bot?

Have you got it do you get it

If so how often

Which do you choose

A hard or soft option

(How much do you need)

by Anonymousreply 356October 1, 2019 1:46 AM

'Actually, yes.'

That's because you've always thought she's going to behave more and more badly, spend more and more of the BRF's money and then flounce. In actual fact, she's recalibrated and is playing the long game. She wants another child and she wants to carry on playing Lady Bountiful for the rest of her life. She had years waiting tables and living off not much so she can easily go back to cheaper clothes. People act as if she's been super wealthy all her life and has never worked a day . You got her confused with the Eye Bag Empress.

by Anonymousreply 357October 1, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]it was Meghan who didn't include Charles on Harry's birthday wishes. She did include Diana, though.

That's rather telling as he is the one shelling out for her clothing - you'd think she'd be sucking up to him like she has been in the past. Maybe he DID cut diminish the clothing allowance.

by Anonymousreply 358October 1, 2019 3:20 AM

She's going to do whatever her heart desires, folks.

by Anonymousreply 359October 1, 2019 3:33 AM

SS are very effective as PR, they saw the problems and adressed them during the SA Tour.

Slashing the clothe budget is all PR. Same as using Archie to gain people's good will, you can't go wrong with babies.

Kate is more popular than Meghan but she should care more and increase her work, specially now with the pregnancy rumors.

by Anonymousreply 360October 1, 2019 6:29 AM

Is there any modern historical precedent where the sixth in line actually ended up on the throne?

I’m sure that there are examples from the middle ages when there was a plague of sweating sickness and the seventh in line became king, but has anything like that ever happened in the modern era? Asking because a friend of mine thinks that Harry has a chance and I don’t.

by Anonymousreply 361October 1, 2019 6:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362October 1, 2019 8:14 AM

Every time we see her, she's lost more weight. It must be galling for you haters. Her legs and arms are toned and slender.

by Anonymousreply 363October 1, 2019 8:39 AM

R362, I have a similar problem to MM in that I'm only 5'4" with a short waist. Many styles and colors make my look much heavier such as anything double-breasted or with horizontal seams. Unfortunately so many fashion trends only flatter very tall, thin women who look like Catherine.

Worse MM is supposed to be wearing very Conservative clothing per the BRF. So often she appears to be drowning in fabric just like me. So I sympathize with her plight and follow her to see if she'll make better fashion choices.

by Anonymousreply 364October 1, 2019 8:52 AM

R364 Did you ever try a corset?

by Anonymousreply 365October 1, 2019 9:02 AM

[quote]Is there any modern historical precedent where the sixth in line actually ended up on the throne?

Princess Alexandrina Victoria was the eldest daughter of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn, the fourth son of George III. None of Edward's elder brothers produced legitimate issue that survived. Edward's elder brother who became William IV, had 10 illegitimate children with his mistress Dorothea Jordan. When William IV died in 1837, out of George III's 15 legitimate (and 22 illegitimate) children and a whole shitload of legitimate and illegitimate grandchildren, Princess Alexandrina Victoria was William IV's only legitimate heir. She was crowned Queen Victoria on 28 June 1838.

by Anonymousreply 366October 1, 2019 9:17 AM

R364, Wouldn't a corset show through clothing? You see I have a rib that sticks out. Movie set costumers actually advised me to get it removed, like supposedly Cher, so I'd look much, much thinner. Well at least I have relatively narrow hips.

by Anonymousreply 367October 1, 2019 9:54 AM

R367 A corset should not show.

Removing a rib looks a bit extreme.

by Anonymousreply 368October 1, 2019 9:58 AM

R367, please have some self respect and refrain from taking advice from a thread full of misogynist queens who, like all gay fashion designers, only see beauty in women of 5ft 10 who weigh 115 lbs.

Many women much shorter than Kate can look very good in couture. Sara Sampaio and Kate Moss are only 5ft 6.

by Anonymousreply 369October 1, 2019 10:05 AM

Lucy Watson from Made in Chelsea is only 5 ft 5. She looks better than Kate or Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 1, 2019 10:20 AM

That woman look anorexic, R370. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 371October 1, 2019 10:25 AM

R371 Must be fat.

by Anonymousreply 372October 1, 2019 10:29 AM

Agree, R372. Lucy has decent sized breasts, slim legs and a little waist but there's no sign of a bony chest or sticking out ribs. She's around the same height as Meghan but has much better proportions.

by Anonymousreply 373October 1, 2019 10:33 AM

I wonder if this is Markle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374October 1, 2019 10:39 AM

R374 It could be literally anyone.

by Anonymousreply 375October 1, 2019 10:41 AM

R362-I've literally never seen a famous person who loves the camera as much as she does. She must be an exhausting person to be around frequently. I'd pity Harry, but he's the one who brought that mess into the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 376October 1, 2019 10:57 AM

She does look like a barrel and she has way too much hair. She looks like one of those bloated, past it starts of the Housewives shows. It's one thing to be badly dressed, bad enough really, but to be age inappropriately dressed and make it worse. What a disaster she is in every way.

by Anonymousreply 377October 1, 2019 11:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 1, 2019 11:33 AM

R377, for someone so vain it's kind of fascinating. Her perception of reality must be really, really off.

by Anonymousreply 379October 1, 2019 11:33 AM

R349 - Meghan doesn't have her "own" money to "pony up" with. Her "own" money is actually Charles's - that big "supplement" he gives each son annually is meant to cover exactly those expenses the Sovereign Grant won't: private expenses that allow them to live the life that women like Meghan marry men like Harry to enjoy. I.s., $15,000 dresses for private occasions. Harry's real income after taxes would just about support his household, not his wife's extravagant wardrobe, jewellery, etc.

And as Charles's money is from the Duchy of Cornwall revenues, when you go back far enough, it still comes back to UK taxpayers generating funds that are used to keep the senior royals in the style to which they have become accustomed.

So willy-nilly, that $15,000 dress came out of some fund, somewhere, difficult for the taxpayer to discern, that isn't too scrupulously parsed out in the Wales account books.

Her own money, my Aunt Petunia. Everything she has is paid for either by Harry, Charles, or the UK taxpayer, whilst she bleats about independence, feminism, her heart's desires, and humanitarianism.

And where anyone got the idea that Charles has cut Harry and Meghan off financially, I do not know. No one would know if he had except the accountants, and they don't kiss and tell.

Charles wouldn't have cut his son off financially unless some understanding was already in place that Harry and Meghan plan to leave the BRF and the money is, instead, being set aside for a lump sum golden parachute.

And I very, very much doubt that is the case.

by Anonymousreply 380October 1, 2019 12:12 PM

We can only wish, R380...

by Anonymousreply 381October 1, 2019 12:21 PM

Even Kaiser on CB had to stop and complain about how bad Meghan's fashion on this trip has been - she eviscerated the tan Banana Republic dress Meghan wore to the University of Johannesburg, and rightly so. The straining bosom, Look How Thick My Waist Is! belt, short dress that Meghan yet again failed to put a few stitches in and then had to hold togethe awkwardly for the second time this trip, and dull colour did Meghan no favours. And the hair, as usual, was blowing in the wind and showing nothing but how fake, badly cut, and absurd it was on a woman who is parading herself around now as "black".

What is interesting to me about this tour is how it demonstrates that maybe the Sussexes would be better off in Africa. The African public hasn't had to support her jewellery and evening gown collection or her darling little cottage refurbishment, they see her (more fools they) as "one of us", and she'll gradually become less of a focus in Britain, where it counts, and more of a focus there, where it doesn't count but will soothe her vanity and she'll be sort of . . . first.

Of course, how her milk-white baby will fit into this scenario is prolematic. She wanted a white life with white kids enjoying white privilege and she didn't have them so they could be brought up in Africa standing out like sore thumbs and pretending to be black when they are manifestly nearly entirely white.

My guess is that any such move will wait for her UK citizenship to come in and the second baby to be born as an authentic member of the BRF, even without an HRH.

The Sussex story will be the gift that goes on giving to DL for quite some years.

by Anonymousreply 382October 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Meghan's not going anywhere until she has the second kid and her British citizenship. If she jumps ship too early she'll sink to the Yolanda Foster stratosphere. That would kill her.

by Anonymousreply 383October 1, 2019 12:59 PM

Today was the opening of the Folketing, the Danish Parliament. I watch every year to see what Mary and Marie are wearing and I think I mentioned once that I was present for one of these openings, albeit across the street, and was impressed not only with Mary's outfit and bearing, but how small she is in real life - not short, but more petite than I expected.

Today, Mary wore a beautiful rose-coloured suit with matching pillbox hat tilted back over a neat bun, a simply clutch, and simple black pumps. She looked absolutely beautiful (Joachim and Marie are in Paris so did not attend). While like Meghan she doesn't have much of a waist, she has prettier legs and shoulders.

Just the same, Meghan should look at this outfit and see what Mary's done with her waist and colouring, which isn't that far off from Meghan's, either; in fact, Mary's eyes are darker than Meghan's and while Mary is fair, she is unquestionably a bona fide brunette. The rose colour looked exquisite with her dark hair and eyes, the hair was sleek and elegant, the suit perfect, the hem length perfect, with a modest slit in front that didn't have to be held together with one hand, and a pretty inverted pleat in the back.

Mary looks like a real princess. Meghan always looks like a pretend Wannabee princess. I don't know why Meghan can't look at the way someone like Mary dresses and figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 384October 1, 2019 1:03 PM

Meghan doesn't try to look princessy anymore. Her looks were terrible during the tour, even her stans say she dresses terribly.

by Anonymousreply 385October 1, 2019 1:33 PM

Would MM be gifted her wardrobe or have a merch arrangement? She's got the same problem I have in that most clothing is made for a much taller woman with a super slim figure like Catherine's. I end up shopping at lower end teen stores where clothes are S, M, L and have stretch. A double breasted coat style doesn't work on anyone with a short trunk. Neither does anything but a very thin belt.

by Anonymousreply 386October 1, 2019 2:07 PM

R384, Linked is an example of Princess Mary's style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387October 1, 2019 2:09 PM

You know you're part of the CB stan cult when you think Meghan looks good and is stylish.

I don't always like Kate's choices but it works for her frame. Meghan's style is boring and doesn't even fit.

A good stylist could do miracle for Meghan, she's not obese and is a pretty woman.

by Anonymousreply 388October 1, 2019 2:12 PM

Yes, R388. I'm puzzled by people who keep cackling over how fat she is. Yes, she still has baby weight on her, but in her clothing charity launch when she was wearing slacks and a blouse, she looked to be a healthy weight. She just can't be trusted to dress herself. It's like she's trying to look fat.

by Anonymousreply 389October 1, 2019 2:19 PM

That grating voice and those talking hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 1, 2019 2:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391October 1, 2019 2:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 1, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote]I'm puzzled by people who keep cackling over how fat she is.

Because she's so up herself and you know the baby weight is driving her nuts. It's the one thing she can't deny. I don't think that's baby weight, anyway. Sometimes pregnancy changes the shape of a woman. Looks like that is what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 393October 1, 2019 2:28 PM

R391 Don't underestimate that.

For many black women the simple fact she married Harry is a win, whatever if she's a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 394October 1, 2019 2:29 PM

R390-she has one of the most grating public speaking personas I've ever seen. Someone on SNL needs to do a parody of those jazz hands.

by Anonymousreply 395October 1, 2019 2:36 PM

Swipe for photos of Meghan today. She has bags under her eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396October 1, 2019 2:38 PM

Another appearance by MeMe and the same old style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397October 1, 2019 2:42 PM

Holding herself together to prevent a wardrobe malfunction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398October 1, 2019 2:49 PM

Does anyone have an iron on this tour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 1, 2019 2:50 PM

She’s not fat, that would be an easier problem to remedy if she was just hanging on to baby weight. No, fact is that her body shape which was already oddly barrel-like before baby to begin with, has now added a dimension of post-baby reconfiguration that some women get permanently. The hip bones become permanently wider, it’s why the butt looks bigger, and the abdomen is thicker too. However with Meghan her change looks like both post-baby and post-menopause because of the way fat is distributed on her body. It’s distributed like a peri- or post-menopausal woman’s body. Mainly in the neck, upper arms, shoulders, and most noticeably in upper hips just below the waist, and she never had a waist to begin with since she’s built like a block. It’s either she still has fluctuating hormones or she’s just one of those unlucky women whose bodies change for the worse permanently after baby. As vain as she is, you know it’s gotta be torturous for her not being able to do much about it.

by Anonymousreply 400October 1, 2019 2:57 PM

R388 - The majority of posters (over 80%) at Celebitichy find Meghan's choices in fashion as sad or even deplorable given the access she has to $$$, the best designers and the best tailors.

by Anonymousreply 401October 1, 2019 3:19 PM

R401 Yeah no, the majority prefer to not talk about it.

"OMG! She's glowing. let's not talk about what she wears".

by Anonymousreply 402October 1, 2019 3:25 PM

R402 - Meghan's poor fashion choices & decisions have been talked about non-stop at Celebitichy. Debate on whether Meghan is pregnant with her second child has been going on since the beginning of the South African.

I hate to be rude but: You do not know what you are talking about!

by Anonymousreply 403October 1, 2019 3:37 PM

R403 I've just checked CB.

Most posters "liked" the dresses or think it's "not that bad", like that hypocritical Beck1.

One person said she looks pregnant, others replied.

Don't act like CB is a place where you can critic Meghan's fashion choices freely without Kerwood or other stans like Nic919 pissing in your cheerios for being racist.

by Anonymousreply 404October 1, 2019 3:42 PM

Yeah, she’s simply not even trying to be “royal” anymore. She’s a hip New Age Santa Monica mommy, that’s her brand and she’s sticking to it. To her mind, she’s a breath of fresh air. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 405October 1, 2019 3:47 PM

There is no excuse for how dreadful Meghan looks in that Banana Republic dress or as she did in the mosque dress. She looks appalling, slovenly, cheap, wrinkled, and ill at ease.

You know, the Queen Mother was quite flat-chested in her ingenue days - her looks were concentrated in her colouring, beautiful skin, daintiness, and huge blue eyes. But after her pregnancies, those girls filled out and she was never again the slip of a girl she was upon her marriage.

It happens. The difference is that the Queen Mother dressed herself appropriately at each age. She dressed like an English country girl in her English country girlhood. She dressed like a young matron when she became one, and then like a matriarch when she became one.

Meghan, however, always presents a puzzling What is Wrong With This Picture affect becaues of an apparent inability to see herself as she really is. And that speaks to some mental disturbance.

Kate's figure isn't perfect, but it's very nice, and Kate dresses to disguise her short legs, cut off the ingenue sausage curls, and toned down the heavy eyeliner she used to wear. She wears clothes that are beautifully tailored, fit well, and that emphasise her height and small waist, and flatter her colouring. She still makes choices I don't quite agree with, but that's different from constantly dressing and wearing your hair as if you mistook yourself for Audrey Hepburn or a young Diana Spencer, neither of whom you remotely resemble.

Her awful dressing unconsciously suggests something more serious than bad taste, some skewed perception of self that you glipmse in outfits like these and other behavious, and I think that is a strong factor in why people are made uncomfortable by her, even if they don't quite know why.

Kate may be boring, but she's not disturbing because she is who she is. You don't get that feeling with Meghan, and it is both fascinating and alarming. I cannot imagine what it must be like for Harry to live 24/7 with someone always playing a role, and even she isn't quite sure who that character is.

by Anonymousreply 406October 1, 2019 3:53 PM

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Meghan lacks innate style. What’s more, she thinks she’s stylish so she does her own thing by following trends and what’s considered fashionable. This is evident by the fact that Meghan dresses for the occasion instead of dressing for herself. Her wardrobe isn’t cohesive in style and are rather frau-like which you can’t say the same about Kate. Dressing for occasions means her style is a mishmash of sorts. It doesn’t work for someone in the public eye especially one who wants to be seen as a style setter like Meghan. Innate style means you dress for your figure and eschew fashions that don’t suit you. You know when to add touches of trends instead of marinating in it. You wear the clothes instead of the clothes wearing you, which no amount of tugging or adjusting will ever fix. Stylish people also never wear clothes that are 2 sizes too small and ripping at the seams.

by Anonymousreply 407October 1, 2019 4:23 PM

MM's signature style consists of a fedora hat, sunglasses, a white boyfriend shirt and ripped jean, sometimes with an oversized blazer with the sleeves rolled up. That is her idea of coolness and authenticity. We were all fooled by her look when she was being dressed by the costumers at her tv show.

Kate's signature style seems to be either English floaty dresses, tight skinny jeans, Breton top, and wedges or those Catherine Walker coat dresses.

Both straight out of the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 408October 1, 2019 4:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 1, 2019 4:46 PM

The thing that I find curious is her continued insistence on wearing that long hair that looks unkempt.

When she is outside and if it's windy, her hair looks even worse.

On those occasions where she wears it pulled back and in a bun, like the visit to Archbishop Tutu, she looks good.

But she falls back to the long, untrimmed hair.

I don't get it.

She seems fixated on this look that does her no favors.

Perhaps as other posters have mentioned, she doesn't really see herself as she looks. Most people can look at photos of themselves and wince when they see one where their hair is blowing around as her does frequently. And they then take steps to choose a different look in similar situations.

Is it really because of Kate's long hair?

The whole thing is so very strange. She's been doing the same thing all along, as far back as her first (on only) solo appearance with the Queen in Chester.

by Anonymousreply 410October 1, 2019 4:50 PM

R403 - There is a difference between "liking a dress" and "not liking the dress of Meghan".

I like the Banana Republic Trench dress and there is nothing wrong with this dress.

The problem is that dress does not look good on Meghan and too casual for a university event. Meghan should have chosen a different dress; a dress that fit better and was more appropriate for the event.

There is more pissing in Cheerios done at the DataLounge than at Celebitchy. Pissing in Cheerios is not necessarily a bad thing and can be very entertaining.

Nic919 can be very outspoken but so can the Welp Troll who treats the DataLounge as a second home

by Anonymousreply 411October 1, 2019 4:57 PM

R403 should be R404 - Sorry for the typo.

by Anonymousreply 412October 1, 2019 5:04 PM

What a triumph:

The Duchess of Sussex topped 2019's not that bad list....

by Anonymousreply 413October 1, 2019 5:11 PM

R389, I think MM probably isn't used to her larger size as she's been very thin for quite awhile. I'd recommend that she add a hip length jacket or sweater, worn open, over her dresses and slacks to elongate her look. Many men wear longer suit jackets if their asses are less than ideal.

by Anonymousreply 414October 1, 2019 5:12 PM

At this point, Kate really only needs to exist.

by Anonymousreply 415October 1, 2019 5:12 PM

Why is she so attached to the belted shirt-dress? Or belted anything? Women with short-waisted bodies have trouble with belted garments. I know, because I am one.

Her hair usually looks messy, too. Since she has a pretty face (I think), she looks very nice with it pulled back. She could wear so many updo styles and look polished and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 416October 1, 2019 5:16 PM

R399, I don't think the dress needs ironing. Instead the style is designed for a much slimmer woman as the fabric is pulling. Note he very large pockets at the hips which make her look larger. I have the same problem buying men's style button down shirts sold for women, as I'm busty and the fabric tends to pull. The only solution is to undo more of the buttons and hope you're not being too revealing.

I do like the light sage color on MM. Much of the styles this year are all black, grey, dark olive, khaki, and perhaps burgundy. Or very pale colors that are flattering on very few skin tones. MM you have my sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 417October 1, 2019 5:25 PM

Why is anything what it is with Meghan? She's one of the most annoying celebrities on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 418October 1, 2019 5:26 PM

I don't think the fabric is pulling so much as trying desperately to get away.

by Anonymousreply 419October 1, 2019 5:27 PM

R400. Reportedly at a special lunch for MM prepared by an African native, for which she was well compensated, the Duchess only pushed her food around the plate. She didn't eat even one bite of food. Obviously she's aware of being picked on about her weight.

Remember Princess Diana's anorexia and Sarah Ferguson's battles with her size due to the constant pap obsession with both women's looks?

by Anonymousreply 420October 1, 2019 5:31 PM

To be clear, I don't approve all the DL posters either. Some here sounds unhinged and we have our racist trumpstars.

But CBers are a special kind, they shit on Kate all year long because she's not up to their standards (lol, because bitching all day long on a gossip site make you obvisouly superior) but a mild criticism of Meghan is seen as a huge affront.

Grew a pair Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 421October 1, 2019 5:42 PM

Jesus H, will you fraus please take your discussion of your wardrobe challenges elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 422October 1, 2019 5:46 PM

Kate also had eating disorder few years ago, having your pic published daily is a huge pressure.

by Anonymousreply 423October 1, 2019 5:48 PM

R418 - So was Tammy Faye Baker

R421 - I have taken up for Cathy Cambridge many times over at Celebitchy

R422 - This is a thread for Royal Family gossip meaning one can talk about Meghan, William, Rose Cholmondeley, Andrew, Andrew Parker-Bowles and/or QEII

by Anonymousreply 424October 1, 2019 5:53 PM

If regular fraus can manage to find flattering clothing that fits, why can’t a Princess of the United Kingdom?

by Anonymousreply 425October 1, 2019 6:10 PM

Because regular fraud probably have more realistic versions of what they actually look like and are willing to listen to suggestions, I would imagine.

by Anonymousreply 426October 1, 2019 6:32 PM

Proud CB Frau, why don't you take your proud CB ass back to CB?

by Anonymousreply 427October 1, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote] This is a thread for Royal Family gossip meaning one can talk about Meghan, William, Rose Cholmondeley, Andrew, Andrew Parker-Bowles and/or QEII

This Rose Cholmodeley lass is not a member of the BRF. Open your own thread if you want to discuss that fugly bird/beard.

by Anonymousreply 428October 1, 2019 6:41 PM

Breaking News on Sky News:

Megsy has begun legal proceedings against newspapers over publication of a private letter

by Anonymousreply 429October 1, 2019 6:46 PM

Harry unnecessarily bringing up again his mother: "I lost my mother and now my wife is being treated bad"

by Anonymousreply 430October 1, 2019 6:47 PM

R249 Oh, gonna be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 431October 1, 2019 6:48 PM

R427 - Because I enjoy the discussions and the motley crew commentariat at the Data Lounge!

OP - R428 - Rose Hanbury Rocksavage Cholmondeley can be anything she wants to be. If she wants to a beard that is her business. Are you jealous?

by Anonymousreply 432October 1, 2019 6:58 PM

Jeez, why do they attack the press just when they begin to have good press?

They're so dumb, just enjoy your good press for what it lasts.

They don't have 1 braincell between the 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 433October 1, 2019 7:03 PM

Good grief, I lost my mother at a young age, I have friends who lost mothers at young ages. We don't trot it out every other day to bully people into sympathy. Harry can fuck straight off with that repellent tactic. And once you've sent a letter to someone, it becomes their property and they can do with it as they please, so good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 434October 1, 2019 7:06 PM

R432, jealous? JEALOUS?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're killing me

by Anonymousreply 435October 1, 2019 7:09 PM

Meghan sends emails to staff at 5am!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 1, 2019 7:10 PM

R433 - Agree with you 100%. There is a big lack of common sense in the House of Sussex. I think Harry is probably driving this truck more than Meghan. Harry seems more obsessed with what the public thinks about Meghan than Meghan is.

by Anonymousreply 437October 1, 2019 7:10 PM

Op - R432 - Not of me but of Rose Hanbury Rocksavage Cholmondeley.......you silly goose...........you are so cute!

by Anonymousreply 438October 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Why should anyone be jealous of some CB skank in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 439October 1, 2019 7:26 PM

Harry is a deeply troubled man. Meghan is just a symptom not the cause.

by Anonymousreply 440October 1, 2019 7:26 PM

r434, All of what you say really

by Anonymousreply 441October 1, 2019 7:26 PM

I never undestood the Harry love anyway. Was it just Dianamaniaca or the cheeky chaapy or what? I always found him spoiled and ugly.. Anyone really like him?

by Anonymousreply 442October 1, 2019 7:34 PM

R439 - Not of me but of Rose Cholmondeley.

by Anonymousreply 443October 1, 2019 7:43 PM

One does recall the other Duchess, THAT WOMAN, was imminently better dressed than THIS WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 444October 1, 2019 7:45 PM

R384 - you're right. Mary of Denmark looks quite lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445October 1, 2019 7:54 PM

Oh what a tangled web this woman weaves - and her hair is a mess too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 1, 2019 7:56 PM

Is this woman Archie's nanny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447October 1, 2019 7:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448October 1, 2019 7:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449October 1, 2019 7:58 PM

^ Sorry for the duplicate posts. DL tells me I can't post and then - voila - my post appears.

by Anonymousreply 450October 1, 2019 8:00 PM

R449 No that's Meghan's special friend; the one she keeps close so she can look slim.

by Anonymousreply 451October 1, 2019 8:01 PM

Harry is whining again about the press treatment of his wife. He has to mention the loss of his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 1, 2019 8:06 PM

Harry is whining again about the press treatment of his wife. He has to mention the loss of his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 1, 2019 8:06 PM

^ Again, my apologies for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 454October 1, 2019 8:07 PM

Harry is a fucking cry baby.

Defend your wife but don't use your dead mother asshole.

by Anonymousreply 455October 1, 2019 8:10 PM

R446 - I'm particularly enamoured of the colour and the perfection of the angle at which the pillbox hat sits on her sleek dark hair and bun. She looks elegant, professional, mature but not granny-ish (Kate, take note), classic rather than outdated, and the shoes add the touch of sex that keeps the outfit from being too officey.

Mary is 47, nearly a decade older than Meghan, and she looks the same age because of how she dresses.

by Anonymousreply 456October 1, 2019 8:18 PM

R452 - Yes, the Sussexes are suing the Mail on Sunday for invasion of privacy for publishing her handwritten letter to her father last year. Please note, everyone, that the Mail on Sunday is NOT the Sunday edition of the Daily Mail. They are two completely separate papers. The duo are not suing the DM, but the "Mail on Sunday".

There's a thread open on it already.

by Anonymousreply 457October 1, 2019 8:19 PM

The timing of Harry's statement and legal action is all wrong. They had good press for the African tour and now they take this action. Couldn't they have waited to get back home?

by Anonymousreply 458October 1, 2019 8:22 PM

I am telling you, the BRF has privately sidelined these two. The African "tour" was the last scheduled events of import for them. From here on in they will be treated as minor royals under BP.

For those asking why they would pull this stupid lawsuit stunt/statement when they've recently received relatively decent (paid for) press, they're building a narrative. They will say "we didn't get pushed out of the BRF, we had to leave because the press was so mean".

by Anonymousreply 459October 1, 2019 8:23 PM

R159 - the Sussex Shit Stirrers will get no sympathy from me. Bad press comes with the territory. They created most of the bad press themselves. If every royal who has been criticized left the family, there wouldn't be anyone left.

by Anonymousreply 460October 1, 2019 8:28 PM

They could have wait to be back in UK at least.

The Foreign office must be livid.

by Anonymousreply 461October 1, 2019 8:29 PM

Harry has trouble getting out of bed, Megs feels like the BRF is tamping down on her heart's desires and now the press is being mean to them. God, they're first-class toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 462October 1, 2019 8:32 PM

All of the goodwill they received from their African trip has flown out the window. It's going to get worse for them after this stupid move.

If MeMe doesn't read her press, why did Harry mention the personal toll all of the negativity has taken out of her? These two are lying again.

by Anonymousreply 463October 1, 2019 8:33 PM

Registered and out of lurking so that I may make a few comments regarding this unwelcome female person (my dear elderly father would say, "She may be a woman, but she is no lady.").

The poor thing obviously has no insight into how H&M are playing her and her kind. I am old enough to have had the privilege of being around some of the pioneers in the Civil Rights Movement. They would have had absolutely no patience or tolerance of M's antics and manipulative plays.

Does racial bias still exist? Yes. It's not genuine, though, to only embrace one's African-American heritage when it is convenient and to whine about it when one is being called out on one's behavior.

My hat goes off to you Brits. You were the ones who stood all alone for so long against Hitler. Just like the pioneers of the Civil Rights Movement, you Brits "walked your talk." To me, that is one of the main complaints I have against H&M and their blind defenders....oh, they are so unhappy with their miserable lives and "they don't make it easy." H&M both need to put on their big girl panties or have the integrity to walk away from royal life, but, of course, that would include all the large perks.

Yes, it is a pity that the previously mentioned female poster is unable to discern the situation as well as having no manners at all. My dear father used to also that, "You can be a millionaire and have no class; you either have it or you don't, and it can't be bought." And, before CB SJW gets her own panties in a wad, my father would also talk about how a toothless, illiterate, black sharecropper could have it. Watch what people do and not what they say, folks.

Thank you for reading this. Heading back to my corner with my glass of wine to just "listen."

by Anonymousreply 464October 1, 2019 8:48 PM

R459 - "I am telling you, the BRF has privately sidelined these two. The African "tour" was the last scheduled events of import for them. From here on in they will be treated as minor royals under BP.

For those asking why they would pull this stupid lawsuit stunt/statement when they've recently received relatively decent (paid for) press, they're building a narrative. They will say "we didn't get pushed out of the BRF, we had to leave because the press was so mean"."

Sorry, not buying, at least not your first paragraph. In terms of sidelining, the only "BRF" that matters are the Queen and Charles, backed up by William's views, but William has no power, either financially or legally - yet.

The Sussexes don't have to care if the Yorks, the Tindalls, the Phillips, and Pss. Anne aren't besties with them. They only need to care about the Queen and Charles, and at some point in the future, William and Kate, whose hostility Meghan ensured within a year of arriving on the scene.

What does "treated as minor royals under BP" even mean? Harry is the next King's son. You think they are going to sideline the Sussexes and bring the York girls in?

Not bloody likely, not with the mess Andrew's in. Harry and Meghan will keep being seen as senior working royals until the day they leave.

And that's where your second paragraph holds more possibility. They may indeed have already privately agreed to get the fuck out as soon as the second kid is born, and are building a narrative that gives them a decent rationale to cover the fact that the BRF want them gone and pushed them out.

But sidelined? Not yet, mate, not yet. The BRF can't show its hand too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 465October 1, 2019 8:53 PM

Suing the Mail on Sunday - bad bad idea. They published a letter which was given to them by the recipient and in no way did they edit the contents to make her look less favourable. If Harry and Meghan lose, a whole barrage of shit is heading their way. I would have thought Harry of all people should know, you don't piss off the media.

by Anonymousreply 466October 1, 2019 9:31 PM

R445 she looks like she has pustules all over her coat. Why would anyone aspire to such look?

by Anonymousreply 467October 1, 2019 10:01 PM

R466 - The daily vilification bit mentioned by Harry wasn't directly referring to the letter -he added the "daily vilification" bit in to include the press broadly.

The publiication of her letter to her father, which the public have completely forgotten about, is being utilized only to justifhy a basis for a suit (invasion of privacy).

But the underlying intention of the suit is to punish the tabloids for Meghan's negative press, and try to frighten them into being "nicer" to her.

It didn't work with their first attempt in November 2016, and it won't work now, regardless of the outcome of the suit.

The press will simply be more careful with the shade they throw on her.

Perhaps the Sussexes feel that since the press hates Meghan, anyway, they may as well get some blows in themselves.

But it won't end anything and it won't change anything.

I'm sure the BRF is just thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 468October 1, 2019 10:06 PM

R466, according to a poster in the other thread, libel laws are different in the UK and MM retains copyright or something since she was the one who wrote the letter. Nevertheless, the newspaper has lawyers who must have approved publication. So this will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 469October 1, 2019 10:09 PM

Heck, just read this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 1, 2019 10:15 PM

Heck, just read this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 1, 2019 10:15 PM

Just when I was starting to get a little bored, thinking they'd maybe hit their stride with this Africa trip......BOOM! Insert one of those popcorn emojis.

by Anonymousreply 472October 1, 2019 11:40 PM

It's funny you should say that, R472. I haven't been posting here much lately, and was just thinking this morning that Meghan was starting to bore me. She still is, honestly. This is the kind of stunt you just sigh and shake your head at. I'm actually very looking forward to seeing W&K on their tour. Gowns will be on view. La!

by Anonymousreply 473October 1, 2019 11:45 PM

That they will lose is a foregone conclusion, and they will also have to pay the other party’s legal expenses. And I don’t believe they’re paying for this themselves. Tragically stupid.

by Anonymousreply 474October 1, 2019 11:48 PM

R474 - Why do you think their loss is a foregone conclusion? I'm asking for a legal opinion on that.

by Anonymousreply 475October 2, 2019 12:03 AM

test test test

by Anonymousreply 476October 2, 2019 12:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477October 2, 2019 12:14 AM

What a whiny, pussy-whipped mutherfucker. I don't even think it's that; she's probably driving him fucking insane with her hysterics. This has Markle written all over it. "She's still the same person!" What do you want to bet that's Sparkle talk for "I don't look like my mother and I'm not fat!"

by Anonymousreply 478October 2, 2019 1:19 AM

'However with Meghan her change looks like both post-baby and post-menopause because of the way fat is distributed on her body.'

This poster failed Biology. How the fuck can a woman who had a baby a few months ago be POST menopause. The menopause lasts at least two years, you flailing spaz, and a menopausal woman cannot conceive a baby.

Kim Kardashian after she had Saint aged 36 was 200 lbs, huge hips, legs, arms. Much worse than Meghan. It took her two years to lose ALL the weight, but she got there.

You're going to be very disappointed if you expect Meghan to hang on to the shape she is five months post partum.

by Anonymousreply 479October 2, 2019 1:41 AM

' Please note, everyone, that the Mail on Sunday is NOT the Sunday edition of the Daily Mail'

It is, though.

by Anonymousreply 480October 2, 2019 1:47 AM

Why don't you hold your breath while you wait for her to be a stick again?

by Anonymousreply 481October 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Yes, R480, it most definitely is.

by Anonymousreply 482October 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Do the DM writers ever get through primary school?

"Princess Beatrice started dating the Italian property developer back in October last year after they both attended Princess Eugenie's wedding, of who he is already a friend of."

by Anonymousreply 483October 2, 2019 5:52 AM

Harry sued and won pretty recently.

Perhaps they’re feeling they can’t lose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484October 2, 2019 6:35 AM

My dad died at 43, when I was 12 and my sister was 16.

We didn’t try to wring sympathy out of it at the time, much less 20 years later.

He’s a whining little bitch being manipulated by a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 485October 2, 2019 6:50 AM

Well, R485, that says a lot about why you are a lonely incel who gets his kicks from savaging women and children.

You are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 486October 2, 2019 7:19 AM

It’s a hard-knock life for Harry and Meghan, guys. Have some empathy!

by Anonymousreply 487October 2, 2019 7:27 AM

[quote] who gets his kicks from savaging women and children.

R486 is spot on in describing Ginger and Megs as children.

by Anonymousreply 488October 2, 2019 7:37 AM

R487 you forgot to sign it as Darfur O

by Anonymousreply 489October 2, 2019 7:43 AM

R489, Different orphan, same refrain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490October 2, 2019 8:02 AM

r486 is an utterly depraved psycho who belongs nowhere within five hundred miles of DL.

I'm sorry for your loss, r485.

by Anonymousreply 491October 2, 2019 8:14 AM

Thanks R491 - I can’t see R486 as I have them on block. For good reason, it would seem!

by Anonymousreply 492October 2, 2019 8:38 AM

Harry merches for Jaguar. Doesn’t even make it subtle.

by Anonymousreply 493October 2, 2019 9:12 AM

What kind of idiot would buy a Jaguar because of Harry? He would be a reason not to buy that overpriced status car.

by Anonymousreply 494October 2, 2019 11:06 AM

The usual shirt-dress looks a bit better in white but compared to the superb green dress Kate is wearing today, Meghan looks like a hobo.

by Anonymousreply 495October 2, 2019 11:27 AM

Meghan has been wearing a $550 "Evil Eye" necklace through her trip to Africa.

Doesn't seem to be working. Would be a lot more effective to stop behaving like a smug, condescending, fake humanitarian who lavishes public funds on herself as if she is a Saudi sheikh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496October 2, 2019 11:41 AM

Wearing green is a diplomatic nod to Pakistan as well as to Islam in general, though the 'typical islamic' green is much a much lighter one than the one used in the Pakistani flag.

Plus, it's a colour Kate looks great in.

by Anonymousreply 497October 2, 2019 11:49 AM

Oh, she even wears a lighter green fabric belt (coupled with the one the dress has got in the first place). Very diplomatic! Well done, Kate.

by Anonymousreply 498October 2, 2019 11:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499October 2, 2019 11:53 AM

Kate really thinks beyond the surface level with these outfits.

by Anonymousreply 500October 2, 2019 11:58 AM

No idea whether she thinks of these diplomatically relevant details herself or gets advice, but anyway - if she thinks of these things herself, VERY awesome. If she does heed advice being given, awesome as well - and smart.

by Anonymousreply 501October 2, 2019 12:06 PM

Probably a bit of both, r501. However, given the way she has dressed herself and their kids over the years, she seems to have an understanding of how she will be viewed from a historical perspective.

by Anonymousreply 502October 2, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote]how she will be viewed from [bold]AN[/bold] historical perspective.

by Anonymousreply 503October 2, 2019 12:19 PM

That was different facts, R484. But I do see your point, perhaps they have seized it as a new line of grift?

by Anonymousreply 504October 2, 2019 12:39 PM

Love the DM sublet shade that Kate looks "typically elegant."

by Anonymousreply 505October 2, 2019 12:54 PM

"Savaging women and children." Imagine white-knighting for two of the most privileged twits on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 506October 2, 2019 1:01 PM

She must own that dress in a million colors, she doesn't even look good in it. I've seen her in blue, white, olive green etc...

Her waist size is what ? 34?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507October 2, 2019 1:36 PM

R507, Big mistake to emphasize your not so slim waist by tying the fabric belt into a big bow. Better to either not wear a belt or to wear it to the side in a simple knot. Then add a long pretty scarf around your neck is a visual distraction and lengthening tool.

by Anonymousreply 508October 2, 2019 1:45 PM

Wow, all this nonsense just goes to show how effective the palace was when they created the 'Hero Harry' persona. Harry seems really unbalanced. He must have been an absolute nightmare to deal with behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 509October 2, 2019 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 2, 2019 2:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511October 2, 2019 2:51 PM

For those of you who like royal fashions, here is a book which may interest you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 2, 2019 3:04 PM

I quite like Kate's earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 2, 2019 3:10 PM

Kate on the cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514October 2, 2019 3:13 PM

A little Middleton perspective on the long term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515October 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Meghan made another speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516October 2, 2019 3:18 PM

Edo and Beatrice attended a book launch yesterday. Beatrice still appears to be dressing up as some sort of Christmas decoration, which suggests we're in for one hell of a wedding dress. Also, is it just me or do they both look pretty young for their ages?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517October 2, 2019 9:20 PM

R517, I think they look tremendous. No other Royal women have been subjected to nastier insults than the two York sisters. They actually acknowledge the taunts a bit in this article. I felt badly for them, and remember how harsh I was to both of them over the years, and I have tried to pull back in some of my other posts So, if you think Harry and Meghan are the only Royals to whine, you'd be wrong. But the York sisters used a very different tone in their interview. My apologies if it's pay-walled for you. Many of us think Edo will actually be a nice husband for Beatrice, even though he's sort of a wild card.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518October 2, 2019 11:52 PM

R518, I apologize. The original article was British Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 519October 3, 2019 12:01 AM

Edo and Bea will be fine. Edo and Baby Mama don't seem like a great love affair. They had a baby early in the relationship, no third party (besides baby) entered the picture so it suited them to share a residence rather than shuttle the kid between them, particularly since she travels a lot. I don't think he and Bea are a love match, at least not on his part - but he knows what to do and what's expected of him. His family has been around the Yorks all of his life.

When Harry and Meghan cry privacy (and "control" - the leaks from their POV are always basically "We want to do what we want when we want and control it all") it's not about privacy and control, it's about covering up whatever shady, dirty shit they're doing, and lies. The birth and pregnancy was full of dirty, shady shit. The shadiness around labor, the doctors, the hospitals - that wasn't privacy, hording images for a big payday or anything like that. It's the dirty shit they're hiding. Don't know if it's surrogate or what.

When Miss Meg was first seen after her pregnancy, particularly at the polo I thought I had the answer to what they'd been hiding. She looked totally pregnant in a way she had not looked while supposedly pregnant. The hair was a wreck, but there was a lot more of it. Sure you might say extensions, but it looked to me like growth women get when they're pregnant. And she wore flats a whole bunch. Before I saw her post-"pregnancy" I figured it was all about the surrogate and some type of glitch in the timing. They felt cornered and decided to rush into "She's had the baby!" and the first kid they presented WAS a doll. Not that Archie is a doll or there was NO real baby, but nothing's stopping them from trotting out a silicone version for convenience of various kinds. So I thought - well, she wanted to play Madonna on the tour, she wanted to steal Bea's thunder, she announced out of the gate that she was three months pregnant when she really was barely pregnant, and now they have to lie and hustle and bullshit around until the kid reaches the age where nobody knows the difference between a child that is three months older or younger than they're supposed to be. George and Charlotte are both at that age now. Not that hard for a messy duo like these two. But then a living Archie was finally unveiled and he looked about the right age. Not way too old for a May baby, as some say. Just about right, IMO. And WAY too young for an August baby. So I don't know what went down there but they have been hiding their bullshit, and their bullshit isn't about trying to monetize the kid, although they do that too.

Harry is a huge diva. A massive, spoiled, major narcissist and diva. So put upon. We can now see what the royal family has been hiding all this time with him. I think he bought his own press and honestly believes the public is sympathizing, and the various PR firms they employ are prompting their other clients to come forward and support them. All that'll accomplish is to alienate some of these celebrities from the public they're trying to sway, and we also know it's not sincere, as the Lion King premiere showed with the pained, touch-me-not vibes coming from Beyonce and Jay Z towards the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 520October 3, 2019 12:10 AM

Continued:

Harry's the real story here. I don't think Meghan has made money from being a Duchess. She's trying. She's trying to become A list, but in her own right, she still isn't. She doesn't have her own platform, hustle though she might. She doesn't have a personality people like. She just mimics things that are already verified effective (shit Diana did, shit Angelina Jolie did, shit Carolyn Bessette Kennedy did, stuff Kate Middleton did and does). She's notorious, she's got A list celebs playing the game inside the PR matrix, but don't think anybody is lining her pockets. Nobody's paying her 250K to have lunch with her. Nobody's paying her to merch or they'd send along a stylist and a tailor. Big labels don't send ill-fitting, poorly made versions of their stock to a celeb and let her walk about as if she pulled it out of the trash. They don't waste their money like that. Right now she's building a track record of images, but it's all just a bunch of empty images signifying and amounting to nothing. I think she's basically spinning, trying to land in the position that will finally let her pull in real money. At the end of the day, she'll come full circle and the money will have to come from the BRF, not her A list games. Her game has always been status and money, and she's still short $$$. Harry, I think, is more dangerous in a way than she is. He is MASSIVELY entitled, hugely spoiled, hates his brother and his brother's family (Richard III level jealousy IMO), and Granny and Dad will do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 521October 3, 2019 12:10 AM

You really don't have to type that much on our account.

by Anonymousreply 522October 3, 2019 12:14 AM

^Steal EUGENIE's thunder. Convinced the Vladimir tiara story is a cover up for her wanting to grab Eugenie's tiara like she'd grabbed her wedding date.

Fergie's tweet was incoherent but doubt it's alzheimer's. Probably drunk.

by Anonymousreply 523October 3, 2019 12:14 AM

Reporting on the Times' reporting, the Daily Maul repeats that neither Charles nor William knew anything about the lawsuit launched by Dumb and Dumber.

by Anonymousreply 524October 3, 2019 1:17 AM

An A-line V-Necked shaped dress would be perfect now on Meghan. The seamstress needs to keep the bodice as long as possible before flaring the A-silhouette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 3, 2019 1:27 AM

Agree, R521, which is what makes their stans speculating on them taking the throne all the more sinister.

Why George and Charlotte seemed to have no rx with Unca H is now apparent.

by Anonymousreply 526October 3, 2019 3:16 AM

She didn't actually "change course," so you're right R353. Turns out that the Humble Hunanitarian Duds were popped on for the ITV documentary Markle was filming. Besides, she wouldn't want to bring the good clothes and jewelry in front of the black poors. It might not be safe.

by Anonymousreply 527October 4, 2019 7:23 PM

R13 later mail has it that Edo and Dara had a brief fling which resulted in the baby, and had broken up before she realised that she was pregnant. They became engaged because of the baby, but realised that their relationship as partners would not work, but that it would as parents. Apparently everything has worked out for them, and I really hope that it does for Edo and Bea.

by Anonymousreply 528October 8, 2019 7:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!