- Because they see your skinny ass sashay up to the counter working that indoor scarf look, and they know they''re going to get gayitude.
- [quote]. WHY are these people so FUCKING nasty with me?!?\
Because they sense that you think of them as "these people" rather than as individuals.
- Hey mistah, you ''bout done? I gots customers behin'' you who been waitin''.
- This will end in tears...
- Yeah, whatever. At least I look good!
- Sounds like OP needs a visit from Todd.
- Move out of NYC.
- I NOTICE the OP uses A LOT of CAPITAL letters, which is to EMPHASIZE his feelings. %0D\
I wonder WHY anyone would be EXASPERATED with SUCH a specimen.
- I was just ABOUT to post the same THING as R8.\
Some of you are a laughable mix of self-unaware yet transparent to the world.
- This thread will implode in 5,4,3,2...
- My pussy stinks.
- Why am I suddenly so hungry for pasta? It''s uncanny!
- Warms my heart to know that there''s a generation of kids growing up with the uncle who ruins Thanksgiving by monologuing on the black guy who gave him attitude at the gas station on the way over being the same person as the gay uncle. We have overcome
- Actually, never mind, everyone who spends eighteen bucks to post their amateur sociological analyses of the members of the service industry by whom they have been wronged is a closet case.
Many black service workers are assholes.\
I mean, if we''re going to call out gays, fraus, straight women, lesbians, Jew, et all., what''s the big friggen deal with admitting that the black woman at CVS has a nasty, eye rolling attitude.\
Most black workers in those jobs are angry and hate the idea of waiting on white customers. It''s true, deal with it.
- Thing is, there are overworked, disgruntled, unfriendly customer service people everywhere. It''s like that trick that Robert Anton Wilson points out in his book. If you decide you''re going to find quarters or loose change every day, no matter what, sooner or later, hey, there''s a dime on the sidewalk, or look, there''s a quarter inbetween the seat cushions. It''s a matter of what you learn to expect that heightens your awareness of something that already exists but you would have otherwise been oblivious to.\
In otherwords, OP, you''re a racist cunt. You can change this by expecting black Duane Reade cashiers to be overwhelmingly polite and kind to you. If that is your expectation, that''s what will happen. Or at least, that''s what you''ll remember. You''ll only notice the nice people and the assholes will disappear, simply melt into the linoleum of your memory. Which doesn''t change a thing but is a much nicer way to perceive life.
- Have to agree with OP here. I notice this with reps on the phone, too. No matter what the company, if I get a southern white woman on the phone, 99% of the time she will be very friendly and helpful. If I get a northen Black woman, she''ll be rude and try to start an argument at the drop of a hat. And just to be fair here, white gay guys are a close second when it comes to rude phone reps with attitude.
- OP, our resident kiosk queens are not black females and they are just as bitchy.
- I noticed that there are no black women working at Trader Joe''s on 14th Street. Everyone''s nice. Walk four blocks west to Whole Foods at Union Sq. and you get a whole other attitude... from the black women working the cash registers. I used to be annoyed, just like OP, but I realized it is not worth it.
- It takes some balls to talk about black women being rude, as (what I''m guessing) a gay white man. Did you know queens have a rep for bitchiness?\
That said, I do remember when I was working in retail that a couple of the black cashiers who were rude and rolled their eyes at us "white girls" for smiling/trying to be friendly. I got the impression they felt like having to do menial work was really insulting. But the vast majority were great, so if you''re always getting that treatment, it''s probably you.
- You wanna tell ME about mean black women?
- Usually the black women cashiers don''t even say a word. They just ring up the prices and stare at you,waiting for payment. When they do talk, it is to the other cashiers.
- It must take a lot of energy to put forth such a low-energy, sullen attitude.
- "It must take a lot of energy to put forth such a low-energy, sullen attitude."\
But obviously, it doesn''t burn calories.
- Following customer step down!
- OP is racist
- This thread should have ended with r2.
- Perhaps. R26, but we all know he only told the truth.
- OP, please go back to whatever flyover hell hole you came from. You''re obviously not built for NYC. Buh bye now.
- I gotta complicated order here!
- I recently visited New York and the only people I got attitude from were young white female hipsters working in a trendy restaurant. The guys weren''t much better, but you could totally sense that they felt validated by their job waiting tables at a popular establishment.\
Meanwhile, I''ve been to some high end retail stores in NYC and the sales staff are generally awesome, regardless of who you are or what you look like. I''ll never forget the time a friend and I walked into Gucci wearing our ratty jeans and college hoodies....when we left, we laughed that the sales staff treated us like we could afford the $10,000 alligator coat that made my friend practically faint when he saw the price tag.
- They do not suffer fools gladly. Would you?
- If the thread title had been "Let''s trash service workers" instead of "Let''s trash black service workers," it would have been a fun thread.
- You can thank Nobama for that. The sense of entitlement is over the top now. It must be nice to be so IMPOTENT!!
- Cause you ugly, you sho is ugly.
- "They do not suffer fools gladly. Would you?"\
For what they get paid, they should, since they are.
- NY is pretty good. I have been in cities where black service people are much angrier and slower to take care of customers. \
Our story in America with black people is a complex and sad one and it has not been worked through yet.\
If I were a black person in America I would have my good days -- and I would sure as hell have my bad ones.
- I deal with black women employees at the post office a lot. I notice a little patience goes a long way. Sometimes I even apologize when something is more their fault. Over time I usually get good service.
- R37 makes the same mistake as OP - separating the group of black cashiers from all cashiers and most of all separating the group of black cashiers from themselves (R37 and OP). I lived in manhattan for decades and always shopped in drug stores according to where i was at the time - rite aids, duane reades, little local mom-and-pop drugstores - CVS is a newer line for me - and i never experienced eye rolling. i am a blue-eyed blonde and yet almost always have pleasant encounters with salespeople in NYC. i once had that very job myself and I can assure you the customers who are assholes vastly outnumber the cashiers and sales people who are assholes. it''s not even comparable. OP - I am rolling my blue eyes in your direction right now!
- Don''t get me started on hostile black women.
- No offense to anyone, but I always get attitude from black women behind a cash register. This is the first time I''ve seen a post about this. No one talks about this. How I''ve dealt with it is to shop elsewhere. Seriously. I just leave the store and shop somewhere else. Life is way too short to put up with the attitude.
Politically incorrect white woman but am honest
- R41 is why I''m so happy I''m male. Besides being vicious towards one another, women of every race rank low on the social hierarchy.%0D\
I get great service consistently. Of course, I''m white, male, young, tall, and handsome - and since I can pass for straight, I get heterosexual privilege when I want it as well.%0D\
People consistently assume the best about me before I''ve earned a thing via behavior, skill, or competence, or manners. They just seem to recognize that I have all of the good status markers. I don''t think it''s even conscious with most people, the traits I have just happen to be the ones American society values.%0D
- I know what the OP is talking about... it is an indifference to the extreme. as if they are trying to prove you are beneath them, you don''t matter.%0D\
There.. I admitted to seeing it. I don''t understand and keep on being friendly no matter what.%0D\
Bitchy white servers act very different.. not better not worse. It is just different.%0D\
I would love for someone to explain it.%0D\
Black men.. always friendly, always sweet.%0D\
- No one in this country regardless of sex, race, status, or creed, has to put up with the attitude. It''s not a sex issue, but a human to human communication issue. No human is obligated to put up with the attitude.
- [quote]No human is obligated to put up with the attitude.\
So deal with it, pussy. \
Or do we need to pass a fucking law to shield you from unpleasant interactions?
- OP, if it''s really as consistent as you claim, it must be you. You probably approach each situation afraid of getting attitude, and reads all over your gay face.%0D\
Not to say you deserve attitude, but you can''t call this a black thing per se.%0D\
I know where you''re going with this, but I''m just not going with you.
- No law need be passed, love. Nor do I have to sit and suck it up. I just exercise my right to walk out the door and go elsewhere. Sorry you''re still stuck in it.
Why are you angry?
- Uh, you probably get attitude from lots of cashiers; you just happen to notice it from black women because you''re more, let''s say, alert to it?\
Today I dealt with cashiers/sales girls at three stores: Nordstrom''s; Blackstone (the place that sells tons of gadgets, I forget the exact name), Macy''s; Designer Shoe Warehouse; Bed, Bath and Beyond; and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. They were, respectively, White, Asian, Latina, Black, White, and Black.\
They were each, to the one, unfailingly polite and cheerful. \
I wasn''t looking for cheeriness and I wasn''t expecting it, but I was pleased to receive it and I was similarly pleasant to them. You get what you give, OP and others.\
That, or I would move to a less high strung part of the country.
From Pasadena, California
- OP I know EXACTLY what you''re talking about. I live in LA and have experienced the same thing so it''s not unique to NYC. And since I''m a straight white woman it can''t be written off to some anti gay bias on their part. It''s just a common cultural phenom within their circles. I''ve also noticed that they treated other blacks with the same contempt, unless they were their asshole buddies. So to sum it up....no common curtesy is shown to each other as it''s a sign of weakness and bowing to the man. This was explained to me by my black BFF so you can forget about calling me racist.
- OP, if it''s really as consistent as you claim, it must be you. %0D\
****BS! There''s no common curtesy even amongst themselves. Please and thank are unknown words.
- When ever I get attitude from surly fat black sows, no matter WHAT lame rude remark they give me,I always answer w/ pithy "Well, aren''t you a feisty ''little'' thing!!" followed by a small dismissive chuckle.
- would love for someone to explain it.%0D\
Black men.. always friendly, always sweet. %0D\
***Exactly! I should have qualified my experiences. The men were fine, but the Sheniquas were cunts.
- You got to stick it to the man.
- Everyone knows OP is accurate, but their sick politically correct overdrive forces them to attack him, some for even being gay! Gays are so damaged and self-loathing.\
Being an ideologue, means believing in things antithetical to evidence, and I see it is alive and well here. I am a former waiter, and extremely eager for pleasant encounters with everyone I meet, but the amount of effort it takes is overwhelming.
- [quote]Usually the black women cashiers don''t even say a word. They just ring up the prices and stare at you,waiting for payment. When they do talk, it is to the other cashiers.\
I HATE THAT! The classic, glaring, "Non-syllabic exchange"! Then, when you break their steely silence to "axe" a question, or mention that certain items ring up higher priced than labeled they invariably glare at you and say "WHAT?"\
Ugh, this shit would get them fired at any decent supermarket, but in NYC you the customer is made to feel as if this entire exchange is YOUR responsibility to make happy. OP? I''m tired of it too.
- I say OP is full of shit. Some of the friendliest service I''ve received in restaurants and at cash registers has been from black women. Your own racist vibe accounts for the shit treatment you receive.
- I find that smiling (with the eyes, too) and speaking in a pleasant tone of voice soothes the savage tendencies of the checkout ladies, be they black, white, oriental, mongol, or mulatto. Also, having my checkbook or credit card out and ready to pay at the time the price is calculated and totaled with tax also seems to assuage their violent urges. A simple nicety in the English tongue - (the only Lingua Franca they know, after all!) - does wonders to establish a civil, if uneasy, rapport.
Rudyard Fucking Kipling
- It''s not just the black cashiers. Some of the Hispanic cashiers are just as bad.
- It''s definitely a NYC thing. In LA, it''s completely different.\
That said, I find black women occasionally have a chip on their shoulder about being perceived as "automatic caregivers".\
Historically, black women were slaves, raped, abandoned and/or nannies. Generations have passed down a "back off" attitude which I believe stems from that. I''m not saying all black women act this way - far from it. But there are some reasons to explain a trend.\
OP, stop making it all about you. Be nice and don''t expect anything back. You''ll live life happier that way.
- Look at r59, trying to pile on, making it a "let''s bash women of color" thread.\
Fuck off, asshole.
- [quote]There''s no common curtesy even amongst themselves. Please and thank are unknown words.%0D\
- OK. When I as a white (I'm actually biracial but look white) gay mature male get the rude, dismissive treatment from a young female and for whatever reason I decide I don't want to let it go, I call her on it. What I do depends on the circumstances, and once I make the decision to push it, I don't let go until I have what I decide is satisfaction - a smile, an acknowledgement I'm human, an apology, a thank you, a supervisor apology, or whatever else feels appropriate.
All I want is standard politeness and routine customer service, and once a personal, objectifying attack is involved, I'm not going to overlook it. And that's what it is. I can tell the difference between dumb slovenliness and pointed mistreatment - especially when it's from someone coming from a culture where exquisitely calibrated behaviors of respect and disrespect are played out with careful subterfuge as a sign of power. Uh-UH, sister.
And if I realize I'm acting in a dismissive or impolite way, I'll apologize, too.
It is very odd, though, that I very rarely run into this with male workers. Men seem to manage a more bland manner - they may loathe me on sight, but males recognize the traditional risks of challenging another male, and we have all those ways of defusing things so inadvertent blow-ups can be avoided. But the women either don't care or don't have it or welcome the challenge.
- I don''t usually take it personally when somebody is sullen toward me in a retail/service situation (cashier, deli clerk).... I figure, who knows what misery they are contending with in their lives. Like R63, I can tell when this is somebody''s default state vs when they have an issue with me personally.\
One time I did get a real nasty treatment from a cashier. I had the clear impression it was because I am gay. She had hostility in her eyes and would not speak to me except to state the amount owed. I had my hand extended to receive the change, but she instead placed it down on the counter, slid it toward me and turned her head away. I took the dollar and quarter, slid the three pennies back at her (pressing down on them to make her hear/know what I was doing), paused for a full second and said slowly, "You too, sunshine." Then left. \
But I noticed in the minutes afterward, it felt equally shameful as satisfying to descend to her level. \
She was white/middle eastern, by the way. Not black.
- OMG! I own several retail stores and I can't believe some of the comments here blaming customers for the rude treatment they receive from beligerant clerks. It isn't the responsibility of the customer to act a certain way to solicite a friendly attitude.%0D
Any successful business owner knows that the customer is king and people DO vote with their feet. I ruthlessly require all my staff to be unfailingly polite and friendly or they WILL NOT HAVE A JOB. Period. I've fired more than a few people (yes, some black women) for not following our customer service protocols. There simply is no excuse for rudeness and I don't tolerate it---evah!%0D
Rude black women don't get a pass. Trying to be PC and make excuses for them (blaming slavery? Really?) does them no favors. If they don't get rid of the 'tude, they WILL be unemployed. BTW--I never pay unemployment because another thing I'm ruthless about is documentation. They are always shocked that they can't collect because their cases are dismissed when I can clearly demonstrate willful misconduct.
- R42 wins!
- No, actually, r42 is a supreme douche bag.\
Meanwhile, r65 sounds like a real peach.
- [quote]Warms my heart to know that there''s a generation of kids growing up with the uncle who ruins Thanksgiving by monologuing on the black guy who gave him attitude at the gas station on the way over being the same person as the gay uncle. We have overcome\
Overcome what? The limits of normal sentence construction?
- You''re probably insufferable, OP. \
If you elicit this behavior in cashiers, just imagine what restaurant workers are doing to your food.
- r63 sounds like a big gay mature male piece of work!
- R67, I think R42 was satire with a hint of sarcasm.
- No, R15 "most" black workers aren''t any of the things you say. Some, not "most."\
Although it''s clear you''re mostly an asshole.
- i think its as much socio-economic as it is a black culture thing. lower income blacks and whites are not taught manners these days (unless they''re crazy christians and that''s a whole separate issue). i think its that simple. with lower income black women, there is an understandable (though not to the extent that such behavior is excused) sense that they are at the lowest rung on the social ladder. hence the chip. and hence the attitude.\
but i bet they largely don''t perceive themselves as being rude.\
all that being said, i''ve never been afraid to call someone out when they''re being a bitch...black, white, or fag.
- Has nothing to do with "black culture." The sweetest service people I have ever met were black females. Mostly older. I think the attitude referred to before has a lot to do with age, but it''s not like the world has never seen a snotty white young salesclerk. \
The rest of it has to do with your own attitude. Walk up to a salesclerk with a sneer and you get what you get.
- "the only people I got attitude from were young white female hipsters working in a trendy restaurant."%0D
Worst attitude I've gotten was from some white hipster chick on what was apparently her last day at a local restuarant. Since she was off to grad school (or wherever) she felt all this food service stuff was beneath her. %0D
Yeah, call me when you get your degree. In the meantime, you can't get a getter job than this, stupid. After she fucked up my order then ignored me, I read her the riot act and she snapped, "What do you want from me?" To which I replied, "How about an apology instead of that nasty attitude?"%0D
It seemed Miss Tall and Blonde felt all men should be greatful in her presence--even an obvious queen like me. Geez, I don't want to fuck you, bitch, so spare me your bullshit. %0D
Meanwhile the only problem I've had with "black women" were with teenage girls who obviously were on their first job and couldn't believe they actually had to work. But then, I've gotten that shit from all kinds of teenagers. I don't even complain, given they'll learn soon enough what work is. Sooner in this economy if they expect to stay employed.
- Here in Philly, SEPTA cashiers and bus drivers are the rudest. They are uniformly rude to everyone but especially to white suburbanites. It pisses me off because of it wasn''t for suburbanites'' taxes that go to subsidize SEPTA, they wouldn''t have fucking jobs.
- Thank you.
- Black make here, and I agree with OP. Most black females hate their jobs, and hate the fact that they have to put up with customers. Most black males seem to enjoy dealing with the public, and offer great service without it being fake like the white females. Just an observation.
- I refuse to read this thread as I know it has turned into a goddamned race wank by now, but I will post.\
- "Turned into"? What do you think it was from the get-go?
- have lived in NYC for 2 decades and don't observe black women are any less inspired Duane Reade employees than any other race male or female.
At least half of the retail people [at the minimum wage places like Duane Reade] need some help withthe customer service component of their jobs.
I think the op is likely the type that builds rants in his head and likes to cork off. You can always find someone who is secretly dying to bitch about one race or another or one class or another and how they have to shape up. There is always willing ear for this shit.
As others have pointed out, the antipathy for black women came first and then then OP went out on the big isle of Manhattan searching for his confirmation bias, amplifying the rude black women [of course they are out there] and minimizing all the other rude people to the background.
Suddenly the op thinks he has discovered the wheel and has to talk about how it is true and real based on his experience black women are rude to him.
I am not saying black women aren't rude to the op just that many people are probably rude to the op and he is selective about the meaning he gives it.
Also op, when you walk around a city like NY in a rage it really acts as a magnet.
Beat a pillow, pet your cat and then go to duane reade.. might be better
- R65 = OP. %0D\
The CAPITAL LETTERED WORDS give you away, OP. You ain''t no business owner.
- [quote] beligerant clerks%0D\
- [quote]Walk up to a salesclerk with a sneer and you get what you get.%0D\
Yes, because that''s what all customers are doing to get black women clerks to treat them like shit. Idiot.
- In the minds of some, giving service means one is servile. In the UK, I witnessed this as bored indifference, doing everything possible to avoid helping a customer. I have frequently seen n the USA this same attitude pushed towards an almost autistic style of interaction with customers, ready to escalate into resentment. Dealing with the general public can be exasperating, and clearly some resent these kinds of jobs.\
Low skill, low wage positions like cashiers are being replaced with self-checkout machines. If people are going to act like robots, they might as well be replaced by them.
- Certainly in your case, R84. Certainly.\
- Lot of racists on this thread. And many are identifying themselves as straight white women.\
So either there are some cunty straight (white) women on here (just as some of us have said), or there are gay DLers trying to vilify straight women on DL.\
Either way, lot of racists. Saying you''re politically incorrect just says you''re a rethuglican shitheel who wants to spout racist shit and get away with it. That''s where ''politically incorrect'' came from... from people who want to put down minorities (including us, GLBT people) without reprimand or punishment.\
And the OP is so full of shit his/her eyes are brown: from "I don''t notice you ignoring other customers the way you ignore me" to "And it isn''t just me. Last week some nasty Duane Reade woman literally YELLED at an old lady who kept asking her some question I couldn''t understand."\
Yep. Black people bad. White people good.\
What I want to know is, when did our liberal gay site become a haven for bigoted fuckwads (gay, straight, or internet personae)?
sad fucking development, in any case
- R87, you must be new here. Seriously.
- Thanks, R81, for a wise take on this one.
The bitches who ring OP up or wait on him
- I think R82 is correct. I also think OP/R65 is the poster who used to be referred to as the Random Caps Troll. Asshole to the core.
- I agree with the OP. However, it''s worse in Washington, DC. \
And blacks wonder why they don''t get ahead in life. \
Meanwhile, Asians come to the United States with absolutely nothing to their names, and within a few years they own businesses and have kids in college on full scholarships.\
We all know it''s true.
- Wrong, R90. I am not OP. I am a business owner--three stores. Sorry you don''t want to hear the truth about what is and isn''t quality service. You must be a snarly sales clerk who thinks the world owes you something. Here are the brutal facts: you are not special, lots of people more skilled and professional than you are want your job.... and they will get it.
- And you just know that R91 walks up to all those black clerks as Sunny Sunshine.
- Love all the apologists here who say it''s all in your head if you perceive poor behaviour from a certain sub-set of people. Hello, that''s how we humans learn and form reliable impressions of the world--through their own experiences. If I touch a hot stove and get burned, I''m not gonna touch it again, no matter how hard you try to convince me it isn''t hot. Don''t tell me the sky is green when I can clearly see for myself that it isn''t. %0D\
- Yes, in fact, I do, R93.\
And four times out of five I get that chip-on-the-shoulder attitude. Just the other day I was at a DC WholeFoods. I walked up to an empty check-out lane and the cashier was standing in the aisle reading a magazine. I said (yes, with a smile), "Hi, are you open?" She looked up from her magazine and said (no, not with a smile), "Well, my light''s on, ain''t it?" Then she sauntered back to the cash register, magazine in hand.\
If a white or Asian woman had done that, I would have reported her to the store management. Since she was black, I figured what''s the use.
- Racist "logic" is rather amusing.\
Thanks for the chuckle.
- OP is not tough enough to BE in NYC, let alone live there. If you let people you don''t know get to you like this -- YOU DO NOT BELONG THERE!
- Calm down , OP. I''ve been living in NY for over a year now. Just the other day I got assistance from a very smart, friendly, spunky black woman at Macy''s. At the Trader Joe''s in Chelsea they have black and white staff, and they''re all friendly and helpful. And I cannot count the number of other times I''ve received good service in NY from black women. YOU are the one who needs to stop seeing them as things and realise that they are people.
- It has nothing to do with race. It is all about training. The pharmacy and supermarket chains in NYC do a very poor job at training cashiers with some exceptions. %0D\
Whole Foods in NYC has black employees, same demographic. Difference is that Whole Foods carefully trains their employees to be polite and offer real customer service. %0D\
You see the exact same phenomemon in NYC hospitals.%0D\
Put away the race card.
- Remember when Duane Reade started remodeling their stores a few years ago and they tried to make their staff be courteous and helpful? What happened to that friendliness initiative?\
My vote for surliest clerk is the assistant manager at Gristedes on Ninth Avenue between 23rd and 24th Streets. She''s a super king kong mega mega bitch.
- OP, they hate you because you are the one thing they so desperately want to be.........White!
- r41, as a politically aware black woman, I get attitude from white sales clerks at high end boutiques often. I give it back and as a result have had tense encounters in an effort to simply buy what I choose. As a result, I only shop at certain places where my money is welcome. I was recently trying on boots at a boutique and the clerk kept trying to steer me to items on sale that I had no interest in, as opposed to the boots that I wanted to try on. I finally had to give her that hard stare that most black women have mastered and say "Clearly you THINK you know what I can afford. You have NO IDEA what I can afford; I'm not in her to play dress-up and waste my time". I flicked my weave over one shoulder; she huffed off. I then proceeded to get another sales associate to help me and thereby pass the commission to someone else. This shit works both ways. The only black women who give me attitude are from the caribbean or africa. There is a natural antipathy between african-americans and our caribbean and african brothers and sisters, especially our sisters. I don't mind 'getting them told' either.
- [quote]It has nothing to do with race. It is all about training. The pharmacy and supermarket chains in NYC do a very poor job at training cashiers with some exceptions. %0D\
Not necessarily, charlie, and you know that. At the very same store you''ll get a wide range of customer service. And I don''t know why, but most bad customer service experiences I''ve had are from blacks.
- If you''re the gay white man OP, I can only imagine the attitude you bring to the table.
- No I do not know that. %0D\
I have lived in NYC all my life. Training, training, training. I can identify the chains on B''way on the Upper West Side where the help is trained and where they are put on the job after they barely learn how to use a register. Barely teenage kids from lousy backgrounds need training in manners, service, cultural sensitivities etc. Many of the chain stores in NYC do a piss poor job. The whites and other groups are the same. The turnover in the chains is constant. %0D\
Racism is very ugly. Look harder and you will usually find the reasons for rude behavior that are not related to the color of someone''s skin but other factors- This is true everywhere and in countries with similar situations of poor people getting the shaft from their "betters" who assign the behavior to race rather than situation.%0D\
- A bit like this experience?
- As someone who used to visit NY often, from England, I used to notice how hostile ''the blacks'' in general were in NY. Whereas in Los Angeles I found them much, much cooler and friendlier.%0D\
Always seemed strange to me as I would have thought NY was a place where people were more equal, in general and racism wasn''t such an issue.%0D\
Also, nothing to do with race, people in the Post Offices in NY were much friendlier than people serving in the banks, where you''d often get quite a hostile attitude. I was told that this was due to people who are cashiers, or whatever you call them there, in banks, get paid badly and that Post Offices pay well.%0D\
Someone mentioned Wholefoods. Here in London, the people in who work in Wholefoods are the most hostile bunch in London. Really vile sometimes. There''s also never a manager to complain to, about anything.%0D
- It''s an American thing. Americunts in general are just rude.
- Blacks make up 13% of the population but they make up 30% of the federal work force. Why?
- Einstein @ R109, scratch a temple and think where the federal work force is headquartered, and what % of the city''s residents are Black. You can do it!
- Really R107, WholeFoods? I''m in LA (by the beach) and I have to shout out to everyone in Wholefoods and Trader Joes for being the most friendly, helpful and possibly STONED group of workers every. There''s never not been a cheery one amongst them.
- r110, maybe work ethics because private industry would not hire them because the affected minority lacks them. Plus Uncle Sam is the giant plantation in this country.
- BINGO, R112.
- From DL you can see that a great number of New York posters are angry and aggressive; why should that not extend to non-posting New Yorkers?
- Racist @ R112 is claiming there are federal jobs available for those who''d be *rejected* by the supermarkets and drugstores and big-box retailers. That''s the "private industry" sector being debated here, not Boeing or GE. \
Target? Dunkin Donuts? Rite-Aid? People who can''t even work there would easily obtain a federal position? \
- It''s so nice to see when racist fuckwads provide support for each other''s bigoted beliefs, isn''t it? Such a sense of camaraderie these assholes are developing before our very eyes!\
The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I''ve received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores. Oh my, but they are bitchy. They apparently think that they are too good to be doing the work they are doing, or that the merchandise is so wonderful that it should sell itself without their having to do anything, or that only people who look a certain way should bother to shop in their fucked up little boutiques. Truly, they are pure, absolute, sunts.
- [quote]Really [R107], WholeFoods? I''m in LA (by the beach) and I have to shout out to everyone in Wholefoods and Trader Joes for being the most friendly, helpful and possibly STONED group of workers every. There''s never not been a cheery one amongst them.\
Why would anyone assume that the staff at WF in LA would be exactly the same as the staff at WF in London?
- [quote]The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I''ve received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores. Oh my, but they are bitchy%0D\
It''s absolutely true. I used to find that in NYC, as well as that other bullshit I was talking about. Mean queens are the worst.
- "Cedillia" ?? You can tell your race just by your ridiculous name. You sound like a bad drag queen/
- r119 = retard.\
Sunt: that''s what cunt sounds like when spelled with a cedilla. But you don''t know what a cedilla is, do you, fucktard?
- Ha, R119 just got kicked in the teef.
- Yes, fucktard @ r120, I do know that. It''s painfully obvious that the poster is black just from her name. And you most likely are just another angry black woman.
- I especially love being ignored when it''s time for me to be rung up so that whatever ghetto bitch is on the register can finish gossiping with the person next to her or she can finish texting or pretty much anything other than do her job.
- "Cedilla" has nothing to do with being Black, fucktard. Quit while you''re merely behind, r119.\
Whether I''m Black and Angry or not is immaterial to your stupidity.
- but it is VERY material to YOUR stupidity.
- r125/r122, you were called out on a show of ignorance. Your retorts are weak. Run along, child.
- I am, R70. A work in progress.\
The next time you wait on me in a discount store I''ll put you through your paces, dear one, since I imagine you don''t quite get it.
- sorry r120, but YOU"VE been called out for YOUR weakness, Run along child.
- R102 are you for real? Sadly, I think you are, perceiving slights where there are none.
- r119, otherwise known as "I''m Rubber, you''re Glue!"
- R128 aka R119, your idiocy keeps on seeping through like grease on a paper napkin. And, trolldar aside, it sure is ODD about your PENCHANT for gratuitous capitalization. \
Don''t go away mad - just go away.
- I hope the consensus of this thread isn''t that black service women with attitude ONLY are rude to people who aren''t black. If so, you are sadly mistaken!
- Racism is alive and thriving on DL and completely oblivious to those expressing themselves as racists. %0D\
Some day some of you might just become enlightened on exactly how racism is expressed and where the behaviors and perceptions of the same really come from. The poster who spoke of the "uncle" ruining everyone''s T''Giving by dissing the black gas station attendant nailed it. Same bilge on this thread. It''s not funny.
- I''m curious. At what point will it actually be acknowledged as unacceptable, this unprovoked, surly attitude that these cashiers have. Look, I''m friendly to a fault with everyone I deal with. Not all black female cashiers are rude. In fact, my good attitude actually engages service workers more often than not. That said, it is certainly the black female service worker that has the automatic bad attitude. I''m tired of this PC nonsense that tells us to not process the information we receive on a daily basis.
- Hi, I''m Cedillia. My brothers and sisters are Sheneequia, Advil, TYlenol and Clarol. Clarol has twins named Lemongello and Orongello.
- Sorry, r134, but unless you are a sociologist who has done a systematic study examining this question, I am dubious about your claim that it is black female service workers who have "the automatic bad attitude." There are too many personal filters that may be affecting your perceptions of how you are treated, filters you may not even be aware of, to allow such inflammatory generalizations to stand. If you were a responsible, thoughtful person you''d realize this, too.
- Of course if you live in NYC and you are really paying attention you will notice that rude cashiers are black, white, hispanic, Asian, lots of Arab and Pakastani types etc. It is not about race. It is about poorly trained people who due to their generally poor and uneducated backgrounds often have crude manners and are able to acquire these jobs under poor management in NYC and other urban centers. Whole Foods at Columbus Circle is an exception- pleasant well trained, obviously.
- R135 / R119 - honestly. Is someone paying you to play the part of IQ-90 racist fucktard? Surely you don''t exist.
- It isn''t just training, R137. The employers who have a better pay scale, benefits and general working conditions can afford to be pickier on the front end. They don''t hire the slovenly, rude people to begin with because they don''t have to. To be hired at Whole Foods you probably have to be able to speak coherently, take some sort of basic intelligence test, a submit a personality profile.
- Then why do you go? Can''t you just send someone from your staff?%0D\
Or are you . . . poor?%0D\
- "Ugh, this shit would get them fired at any decent supermarket"%0D\
Which, of course, they would blame on racism.%0D\
People with this attitude simply DON''T want to work. They want to collect the welfare and watch their stories. White or black.
- "The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I''ve received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores"%0D\
Nasty Pig is now considered a high end store? Who knew?%0D\
All joking aside, Cedilla is right. There''s no one in the universe nastier than a queeny shop bottom. And you can throw in bartenders, waiters in gay bars and restaurants everywhere, and most of the desk clerks at places in Ptwn. Talk about throwin'' shade.
- I still don''t understand why this makes any of you so upset. Attitude? Who gives a shit! I CARE about people who cannot communicate in ENGLISH.
- R20 borrows all his lines from "The Boys in the Band."
- Imagine this woman with a job and there you go...
- [quote]Hi, I''m Cedillia. My brothers and sisters are Sheneequia, Advil, TYlenol and Clarol. Clarol has twins named Lemongello and Orongello.\
And my parents are Circumflex and Umlaut.
- [quote] especially when those customers are your girlfriends leaning over the counter shooting the shit with you%0D\
I so love how Americans play with the English language sometimes. ''Shooting the shit''. It''s the best.
Londoner. Just sayin''
- Why is it nobody challenges the assertion about snotty white gay guys? If it''s per se wrong and unacceptable to make the observation about sullen, rude black women, isn''t it equally per se wrong to utter an observation about haughty gay white male sales clerks?\
I pretty much agree with r134. I try my best to be very nice to sales clerks & public servants, figuring they have to put up with rude jerks all day long. A lot of the time, it''s appreciated and leads to very pleasant encounters with people of all backgrounds. But living in a major city, there''s no denying that there are unduly haughty gay guys in high end boutiques and there''s no denying there are sullen black women cashiers who refuse to even acknowledge you, other than to take your money and wordlessly thrust back your change and receipt and your bag of purchased goods.
- There are so many affordable neighborhoods in Manhattan that are welcoming to blacks, I can''t imagine that it would be difficult for these stores to find many, many qualified women for such high-paying jobs.
- "nobody challenges the assertion about snotty white gay guys"%0D\
Because it''s true?
- And there are plenty of white women and white men who do same, r149. \
But gay men OWN haughty. They just do. Deal with it.
- Exactly, r151. But meanwhile, there are any number of people on this thread who seem determined to deny the similar truth about black women. Yet I don''t see any of them lecturing about confirmation bias or race cards in defense of the white men.\
And please - I''m NOT asking for crocodile tears on behalf of poor picked on snotty white gay guys. I''m just observing an apparent double standard.
- It can''t be true R151. There is an error in your perception because you are filtering things through your own warped prism. Don''t you know that the sky is green? Just because it looks blue to you (and everyone else) doesn''t mean you should trust your own experience.
- "Being Nice" means different things to different people.%0D
Maybe the 'sistahs' behind the counter just want a queen approaching them to "Be Real" with them instead. One white queen's idea of "Being Nice" to a black lady can involve many freshly baked cookies and can seem VERY condescending to someone with nothing in their lives but a dead end job. Neck curls, finger snaps, and 'gurl' proclaimations notwithstanding %0D
Not making excuses here, but really, is 'being nice' necessary? Just buy your crap and leave. It needn't be a small talk filled trip to the society ball, ladies.%0D
I live in SF, and it actually drives me nuts how 'nice' so many people are. It's so fake. All the small talk...all the 'how are you?' 'good! and you?!' 'Good!!!' Meanwhile, someone's standing behind them and waiting for them to finish this pointless exercise. I'm all for flirting or trying to get the barista's number if that's the intent, because that's a real intention. Small talk only seems like a real intention to those with small minds.%0D
When I see someone I want something from, be it a business contact, fuck buddy or a cashier, I gauge the mood of the person. Then, I try to meet them on their level to a reasonable degree. If they look like they've had a bad day, I make it quick and painless for them. I don't small talk them unless I sense that they really need a friendly person. If I sense they just want to get done with their day, I don't take it personally, but finish up efficiently with them. %0D
And because of that strategy, I almost NEVER get any single bit of attitude from anyone. It's like they sensed that I wasn't going to mess with them before they even thought of giving me 'tude. And it didn't require me 'killing them with kindness' or even 'calling them out on their bullshit'. %0D
One needn't be passive-aggressive OR aggressive-defensive. One need only be real. Think about it.
- R88, if you think I''m new here, you must be a moron.\
I referred to the DL of the past and asked what happened to it. How the fuck could I be new here?\
It''s been 11 years. And IMNRHO, this is the most racist the site has ever been, which is, as I said, a sad fucking development.\
WBM was banned for Aunt Jemima jokes. That''s what was considered unacceptable back then. This thread makes him look like a saint.\
I wish the "politically incorrect" racists would get banned. This kind of thread didn''t last more than an hour at one time; that''s how long it took to get F&F''d and disappear from the main site. Now this crap, filled with cunty homophobic bigots of all types, goes for pages and pages.\
I don''t get it. I want to uzi every homophobe I meet; their posts make me see red. But racist posts do the exact same thing. I was naive enough to think most gay people felt the same way: bigotry is bigotry, and it''s ugly.
- r152, I dealt with the reality of haughty gay guys a long time ago and I acknowledged so above.
- R119, if you''re for real, I hope what you get for xmas is death.\
Just as the world would be a better place without homophobes, it would be a better place without your racist ass in it.
- I''m with you on this R156.
- [quote] It''s been 11 years. And IMNRHO, this is the most racist the site has ever been, which is, as I said, a sad fucking development.%0D\
Wow! Eleven years! %0D\
All types of people are being covered here. You need to lighten up and unfurrow your brow a little. Maybe give DL a miss for a while and come back refreshed.
- [quote]Lot of racists on this thread. And many are identifying themselves as straight white women.\
I''ve learned through troll-dar, which doesn''t turn off when you leave the thread you first used it on, that a lot of people pretend to be different people depending on the thread they''re on. Last week, I troll-darred someone claiming to be black in one thread, and found them claiming to be a white graduate student in another thread.\
It''s not worth it to try to figure out who is saying what on DL. Everybody lies here. It''s an anonymous forum.
- [quote]I''m friendly to a fault with everyone I deal with. ...I''m tired of this PC nonsense that tells us to not process the information we receive on a daily basis.\
Yeah, I''m thinkin'' you''re in denial here, honey. No one who thinks black female cashiers are the worst at everything but get a pass because of "PC nonsense" is a nice person.\
People who aren''t really friendly but try to fake it for service personnel are the worst. And you''re easy to spot from a mile away.
- Some of you bitches need a swift punch in the cunt or balls.
- um, no it''s not anonymous.
- Okay, so where I work, the white cashiers can have the worst attitudes. The black cashiers like to joke around with the customers and the customers love it! Some of the white cashiers act like they have a stick up their butts and will go off on someone at the drop of a hat. I am white, by the way. You can NOT judge someone by their color! I am here to tell you, that people are different by what is inside, not by what is on the outside! The sooner the world accepts this, the better off we will all be! Lord have mercy, people, stop looking at color and start looking at each individual as the real person that they are!!!
Anon E. Moose
- [quote]um, no it''s not anonymous.\
I''m just going to pretend R164 performance art.
- or not, 1666.
- In part of the world my Bad Clerk/Waiter list is:
Gay white males
Skinny white bitches
(But, I don't take any shit from service personel. If they give me tude or are rude, I take the time to contact the manager, head of the company, etc. I've made many calls, written many letters. Once I went to Sally's Beauty supply (that mall near Potero) for some hair care shit. Silly black chick clerk held my 20 dollar bill up to the light as though it was counterfit. She took her sweet time inspecing the bill, turning it around and snapping it. "What are you doing??" "Making sure it's good" "Do you do this all day? Why not get one of those special pens?" Dirty look. Went home contacted the company, stat. They apologized. I think she doesn't work there any more
Latin chicks behave as though they are Jennifer Lopez yet they're slinging shoes at Nordstrom Rack!
Asian chicks stay mum passive aggressive not even a hello, but perk up at the site of a str8 wm. Stupid bitches.
GWM give pissy tude-do NOT tell them your steak is overdone, just eat the damn thing. Macy's West? HOW is that damn place still open, first floor staff doesn't even know where the trench coats are! They speak with closed lips!!
Black chicks ... most of them appear depressed, angry and underslept. I don't care, keep the tude ring me up, goodbye.
Black men are like the latin chicks, they are surly don't like to talk to you unless they can cruise you.
Skinny white bitches behave as though they're mad at daddy for making them work. Blondes are the worst, stupid sense of entitlement. Had to call and write to American Appearell to complain- Haight St. location -don't scoff, I was trying to buy my niece a gift- lousy lazy stuck up bitches ignored me and other customers!
SF'ers, if you wish to see well behaved black latin asian and white clerks go to Ross, 4th and Market. Yes, really! That new manager doesn't take any shit and whipped them into shape, it's almost amazing.
Pee Wee Poundstone
R164 anonymously posted that the forum is not anonymous.\
R166 tried to make fun of him and failed because of typos.\
R167 tried to make fun of R166''s failure, only to have his own typos.\
This is pathetic, even by DL standards... and I''m R166.
^ the beast, no typo.\
I hate racist, judgMENTAL, shit stirring, asshole beasts. \
Usually my typos serve a purpose.
- Oh, you think I''m Satan because I happened to post at R166? Very sound reasoning, my good sir.
- only a chance circumstance, my good sir.
- The thing about gay owned/operated businesses is that if you complain to the owners about their surley, rude, coked up and methed out shop bottoms, waiter or bartenders, the owners cop just as much of an attitude, if not more At least at Rite-Aid, they may blow you off, but at least they pay lip service to customer service.%0D\
Its as if gay business owners enjoy being rude to their customers, especially and particularly other gay customers.
- [quote]People who aren''t really friendly but try to fake it for service personnel are the worst. And you''re easy to spot from a mile away%0D\
Why on earth should a customer be obliged to fake friendliness to you IHOP waiter @ R162? They are the customer....you know, the ones who may or may not buy what you''re selling depending on how you treat them. Do your job and provide good service so customers will want to return and buy again. Put on your own fake smile and say please and thank you. Get the order correct the first time and make it snappy. Do all that and your ass won''t get fired.%0D
- That''s why Yelp is such a fun little tool R173. Businesses, particularly restaurants, have been ruined because owners failed to address serious customer service complaints.
- Just a smile for a random person at the grocery, or wherever, can make all the difference in a persons day, even in NYC; the trick is not having expectations and being authentic. \
This is not about skin color. When will people wake up?
- What about FAT people? I find FAT people are always totally rude to Asian people!
- R176 when will you get your head out of your ass and pay attention?
- It''s one of those things where the negative outweigh the positive. Not all black women are bitches, but there are some.
- You''ll need to be more specific- my head is in my ass because I suggest a person be kind with no immediate reward; that we be kind regardless a persons ethnicity? Honestly~
- That''s the power of Pine-Sol, baby.
- Becasue they finnin'' to go off on you because yo cracker ass can afford to be shoppin at a store with (OH MY GOD) no OTDA Benefit Card and they get shocked when dey see an act-you-ul Credit Card or ATM card because they only work be long enuff to get their check then they quit and get backs on welfare. Keep yo'' churrin'' out the streets!
- Did someone die?\
No, you''re just a bearded clam, a piggy.
- [quote]Why on earth should a customer be obliged to fake friendliness to you IHOP waiter\
What are you frothing about, Agnes at R174? No one is obliged to fake anything, and I never said they were.
- 182 shits, pees, and doesn''t flush. Yuck!
- Oh dear.
- Even if you''re having a bad day, it''s still easy to treat people with decency.
- This one cashier wench in Whole Foods gave me attitude today. When I approached her area to have my goods rung up, her vibe was all types of anger, bitterness and resentment. She obviously defaults to being on the defensive. I slowly placed my soy cheese and organic spelt pasta (making pasta for the hubby tonight) near her scanner. I did everything I could to avoid her obvious nastiness. I ran off in a hurry.
- Get used to it. This is one of the main reason''s straight black males DO NOT want to marry Black woman. Black woman, especially young black woman mistake anger, bitterness and just plain bitchiness with being an empowered woman. A nasty bitch is a nasty bitch....Call them out on it. Don''t ever put up with unwarranted attitude from a service person. Do not look for it but deal with it when it happens.
- Most people will grin and bare it because they don''t want the situation to escalate.
- Today I had a black cashier who was cheerily wearing foam reindeer antlers and said she wishes Christmas came twice a year.
It''s different in Canada
- I''m with OP, and it doesn''t seem to be just a NYC thing - though it IS really bad in NYC. Interesting to learn that I''m not the only one that has noticed that black women cashiers, in general are totally obnoxious. %0D\
On the other hand, I wish I could record this white woman that works at a Tim Hortons shop here in Canada at the drive thru. Sounds like a Muppet on speed and so friendly that the first time I heard her and stopped laughing, I asked for 3 of whatever she was on. She laughed too.
- Maybe it is just from doing a shitty job day after day. I would hate to work with the general public day in and day out. People from all walks of life are getting ruder and ruder.
- Here''s a typical black woman''s mantra directed at her man....."What have you done for me lately?"
"Get used to it. This is one of the main reason''s straight black males DO NOT want to marry Black woman. Black woman, especially young black woman mistake anger, bitterness and just plain bitchiness with being an empowered woman. A nasty bitch is a nasty bitch....Call them out on it. Don''t ever put up with unwarranted attitude from a service person. Do not look for it but deal with it when it happens.\
by: Get Real\\treply 190\\t12/22/2010 @ 06:11PM"\
There is no Black community without black women they support everyone. out of 100 black men only 30 have jobs and haven''t been arrested!! Black men don''t marry ANYONE unless they''re rich then it''s white chicks latin and asian chicks who get the princely treatment! BM are scorned the world over for the whole BABYDADDY issue.\
let''s not speak of the so called str8 ones fucking men. no wonder black women are pissed off and depressed. I''d have an attitude if the men in my community were useless bags of skin!\
Get Real, you''re gonna get checked up in here.
Call Me Miss Ross, bitch!
- R190, you are clearly not a native english speaker; maybe you''re just plain stupid or most probably both. As such, your whole post loses credibility and you''re just plain wrong, on every point.
- You can simply ignore the outright racist trolls, you know.
- [quote]Most people will grin and bare it because they don''t want the situation to escalate.%0D\
Not me - it''s too cold out.
- We have a woman at our local pharmacy who looks exactly like one of the Kids in the Hall in drag. She''s very smiley and happy and polite -- as long as nothing goes wrong. But the slightest little thing goes awry and she loses her shit and starts blaming the customer, as if we have anything to do with the pricing system, or whether or not our pharmacy keychain card works or not.
- Maybe she gets irritable when she''s about to lay an egg.
- R190- PLease. Black men don''t want to marry black women because they rather get with a woman that won''t call them on their bullshit and allow them to do whatever they want. Black women rarely put up with bullshit, while white women are more than happy to do whatever, as long as they are getting that nice long black cock.
- When you go black you never go back.
- The most regularly offensive behavior I''ve experienced was from an arab male cashier in our local store who, instead of placing the change in your hand, would drop it in your hand, as if to avoid all contact with the Unclean. It really began to get annoying, but happily he disappeared, perhaps to fight in Afghanistan with the brothers.\
OP: perhaps you could talk to the cashier very slowly and loudly in a South African accent. That tends to make an impression.
- I am a social worker helping welfare recipients to get a job. I had this one case of a black woman who wouldn''t go to the job I got for her because it involved riding the bus back and forth. She would not take the bus.
- Well then, R206, if you were doing your job correctly, you''d have arranged for a private car service for her with warm towels and lite snacks to ease the trauma of employment.%0D\
I''m a SW too. Some of the excuses not to work are mind blowing.
- You know r207, we see it all, but I''m still convinced that most recipients are honest...like over 80%. Would you say that''s right?
- Yep. Most folks really want to better their lives or I wouldn''t be in the profession.%0D\
Just being a bit bitchy due to a rotten cold.
sniff sniff cough cough
- Some of my clients take 2-3 buses to get to their jobs. And yes, that''s close to 80%. The remainder jump through a million hoops to try to get disability. And many more of those are white, in case you wonder.
- Where is r190 to back up that steaming pile of crap he posted about black men not marrying black women cause of the bw''s attitude.\
Notice -bw are clerks, NOT bm! Why? bm are incredibly damaged.
Miss Ross, r196
- If service people seem rude or exasperated, it may be because about 30% of the people they deal with all day are astoundingly condescending, stupid and self-involved.
- The thing is, pretending that this problem doesnt exist only makes it worse. It unfortunately becomes a problem for all black women seeking service jobs. And in the end it hurts black people much more than it hurts the disgruntled customer. This is part of a vicious cycle that breeds contempt and racism on both sides.
- Exaggerating the "problem" makes it worse too, dear.
- Oh really, r213. Saying that is like saying all tweeking bitchy drag queens define gay men. "That''s why they hate us"\
Have you any idea how people loathe fear shun and mock nellie lisping gays? Notice another thing, we have a black family in the white house not a gay family. Just saying!
- r190 and r203 are both full of shit with a kindergarden racial antagonist agenda.
- Just wear headphones and be oblivious to the nonsense, OP. That''s what I do, and it''s great. This asshole at Metro (West Falls Church, Virginia), a black guy, is a huge asshole, but I''m all cheerful and stuff when I ask for something (restroom, problem with my metro card), and his face is kind of confused. Headphones - seriously.
- REply 211.\
No need to "back up" the truth. For whatever reason, black men date outside their race because of " sister attitude". A very famous black sports star friend of mine dated then married a white girl. Not because She was a door matt but because , as he puts it... Unlike most black women, She was not about possessions. She didn''t treat sex like bitch currency and she knew which proper fork to use at dinner. \
If you think Black women''s attitudes are not a problem then you are in serious denial.....Bitch.
- Reply 197\
And you are a bloated, farting ,stinking pig wallowing in feces and your own self importance .
- I am a NYC black woman, and until a few years ago found the Duane Reade clerks to be obnoxious, no matter where the location. They were all Indian. I had the same experience with Dunkin'' Donuts emplyees, also all Indian. %0D\
Recently I noticed most of the clerks at Duane Reade are now black and latino and absolutely tuerrific, both in the pharmacy area, at the cash registers and on the floor. The Dunkin'' Donuts staff attitudes have gotten better. They''re still all Indian, but I think the dicey economy and Starbucks'' competition has made them get religion.
- The Rite Aid stores I''e been to in Manhattan are all sloppy, understocked, with un-helpful clerks, poor air circulation and undermanaged. (Oddly, their pharmacists seem frantic and overworked, but are helpful.) And these are in neighborhoods where they hae strong competition from Duane Reade, CVS and (lately) Walgreens''s (which is also pretty bad, with all latino clerks who are just awful.) I think it''s the NY management. The Rite Aid I visit in a Maryland suburb is a pleasaure.
- I think the same conglomerate now owns both Rite Aid and Walgreen''s, r221.
- R220 you are either a racist bitch, or a troll. There are several shops near me staffed by Indians and they could not be nicer.
- R211, I don''t know if it is true or not, I don''t date women. But I have been told by black male professionals that they don''t want to deal with black female attitude. I am an attorney. I think you see this attitude more among black male professionals where many marry white women. Albeit fat white women (in Houston and Dallas). I don''t know how much is really bf attitude or their feeling that marrying a white woman is (moving up). My friends and I laugh at these black guys who will marry ugly fat white women when they could get smart, beautiful, nice black women. I have been told that black women are possessive, worried they will leave them for white women. Of course, the white woman they married are just thrilled any man would marry them. Yes, I know there are racial couples truly in love. But walk around Houston or Dallas and you just can''t miss the high numbers of black men with obese white girlfriends. Some with major attitude.
- Two of my doctors are part of medical group, so I have to see them in this one center.
Most of the black female medical assistants who work there are dripping with attitude, they are always super friendly to other black people, young or old, but when it comes to whites, Indians, Asians or Hispanics, they all assume we have attitudes and they are on the defensive.
Because of a water emergency in my apartment, a bathtub back up, which I didn't want to risk causing a flood while I was out, I was 15 minutes late because I was waiting for the Super to unclog the drain. The bathrooms have conjoined bathroom pipes so he also had to unclog my elderly neighbor's bathtub too.
I did call to tell my doctor's assistant I would be late because of this, I even said it might be 30 minutes, so I technically got there close to my appointment time!
I live near the medical center, so I always walk there. I was exactly 15 minutes late, Of course, I always wait up to an hour or more to see any doctor there.
After I checked in, then waited about 30 minutes, I went to the medical assistant's area to ask her how much longer I'd be waiting because there was no one in the waiting room but me. The assistant is a 30+ black woman, she never smiles, well not to non-blacks and she is always sour.
She did not turn her back to respond, she very angrily told me, "YOU were late! YOU have to wait, there are FIVE people ahead of you."
I told her, I didn't hear her, she finally turned around. I said, "Five patients? That's impossible, especially as I was 15 minutes late, there were and are no patients in the waiting room...so exactly how does that work...five people who are coming in AFTER me are going to see the doctor BEFORE me? In 30 minutes no one has come in."
I knew she was playing some bizarre passive aggressive nonsense with me. She was going to take patients who came in later than me, before me?!
This woman has always been nasty to every person who was not black, every non-black patient who comes to see this particular doctor is treated with utter disgust, she's even rude to the non-black elderly patients. Every non-black patient is treated as if they have leprosy.
I told her, I was going to see the Administrator, because the scheduling made absolutely no sense to me. Her eyes suddenly widened, she was speechless and she looked scared. Now I know what to say when she pulls this shit again. Within a few minutes, I was in my doctor's office.
I've also dealt with the Administrator, who happens to be a black man, when I was given a runaround re getting an EKG, I took the morning off, yet was told by two assistants, "No assistant is available to do the test. Come back after 2PM"
I nicely explained that I took off the morning just to get the EKG, that I called beforehand, I didn't just walk in. I was told, "Come in any time before noon." I explained I was expected back at work before 2PM, so it was impossible that I stay much longer.
Meanwhile, the assistants were all talking on their phones (they sounded like private calls) and were also yapping away with other assistants. What a joke.
I walked over to the Administrators office, I was in a room getting my EKG with 5 minutes. It's all about the lack of supervision, these assistants apparently don't have Supervisors, the doctors are their bosses, so there's a lot of slacking off and rudeness which goes constantly unchecked.
These medical workers are unionized, they make pretty decent salaries with great benefits, so I always have to wonder, "Why the rotten attitude. They are not making minimum wage." They don't even do that much, They take your weight, blood pressure and pulse. I honestly don't know what else they do, answer the phones? They're not nurses.
One time a male medical assistant, who has since retired, was yelling at a patient, "I can talk to you in whatever way I want, I'm protected by my union!"
Oh yes, I get to to pay for this wonderful 'service'!!
- r223 --- 220 here. Pay attention. I''m talking about the counter help at Dunkin'' Donuts'' franchises in New York City, not Indians in general. I''ve also had fine experiences with Indian nationals working in other businesses here, just *not* Dunkin'' Donuts. The franchises are apparently owned by the same family. Until about two-three years ago the service I received from them (mostly in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Pelham in the Bronx) was rude and half-assed. I even e-mailed their headquarters in Springfield, Mass. several years ago, the treatment I received was so deliberately rude. Their collective attitude herehas improved about 80% since 2007.
- Bitches all know betta than to even TRY that shit on me when I patronize the Wal-Mart or the sandwich shop. I carry a BITCH BELL and believe me all you gurleens, I *do* make use of it. \
OP take note.\
- I got horrible service at 5 guys burgers, but from a white guy.
- I was not treated kindly by the towel boy on Monster Island.
- I must be crazy, but I''ve actually enjoyed the cashiers at grocery stores in New York. I don''t live there. But, I''ve gone to the Whole Foods in Union Square, multiple CVCs, some place in the West Village whose name I can''t recall (Citarella?), and the Bed Bath and Beyond on 5th (?). Anyway, the cashiers ring me up quickly, bag the goods, take my money and send me on my way FAST. Here, in SF, the cashiers take their time, want to chat, you know -- be your friend. In New York, the cashiers aren''t your friends, they know it, and they want you to move along. Fine with me. I don''t need an extra "hi" in my day.
Starbucks cashiers are far superior in New York as well.
- r190 r218\
Bet ya a fried chicken wing that "A very famous black sports star friend of mine dated then married a white girl." -you were his fuck buddy. And you clearly hate BW.\
Blk str8 men are NO CATCH.\
Blk str8 men BEAT and cheat WOMEN OF ALL RACES. From Nicole Brown Simpson, to Kobe''s wife to Tiger Woods -all their wives are not black, all got treated like warm shit.\
Blk men leave their SONS. What other race of mena LEAVE THEIR SONS?? \
Face facts most BM marry white cause they are white supremists they only want children with''good hair'' and light skin.\
Black men are so dumb. They care more about the grade of their kids hair, but NOT THEIR SCHOOL GRADES.\
BM are the reason that race is FAILING.
- nobody hates black women more than black men!!
Miss Ross really needs to down a full bottle of amphetamines.
- Why? Copious amounts of pot keep me silly, silly. No really, because I''m defending BW? Shit. Look at their community if not for bw it''d be down the shitter, bm have abdonded it their women and children.\
Isn''t this thread about bitches with nasty attitude who ring me up or wait on me? \
WM hipster bartenders with sleeve tatts have mucho tude. Don''t go to America Apperelle they treat all customers horribly.
Miss Ross, needing her 12 hour nap
- White boy here. Op, the grossest thing about your post is that it was tired on dl like 6 years ago. Try being more creative when attacking people who are already poor and at the bottom of the ladder. One more kick from whitey ain''t gonna make a difference from anyway. \
Luv you my NYC sistas and if you want to give me tude, that''s ok with me. My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain''t mad at you. I''d be downright vengeful if it were me.
Enough w the poor people pile-on
- [quote]My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain''t mad at you. I''d be downright vengeful if it were me.\
Actually, no. White slave traders almost always bought black slaves from black or Arab slave dealers. Of course, it''s not proper to talk about that because the racial betrayal robs blacks of some of the innocent victimhood they depend on so much.
- Whites still bought blacks as slaves 236. That fact will never change. Regardless if the seller was white, black, or arab, white folks still have to own up to the part that they played in slavery.
- [quote]Whites still bought blacks as slaves 236. That fact will never change. Regardless if the seller was white, black, or arab, white folks still have to own up to the part that they played in slavery.\
Where did I say that whites didn''t buy and trade slaves?
- "Whites still bought blacks as slaves 236. That fact will never change. Regardless if the seller was white, black, or arab, white folks still have to own up to the part that they played in slavery."%0D\
No one involved in the slave trade is alive anymore. Move on.%0D
- It just amazes me how gay white men are so vile, evil and racist. Remember your racist mindset the next time a homophobe is kicking your face in.
- oh shut up r240. recognizing a cultural stereotype and commenting on it isn''t neccessarily racist.%0D\
In this case we''re talking about black women with horrible attitudes...and its true! Black women in service are horrible...its no secret...it just is!%0D\
You people drop the *racist* card so often it''s become meaningless.
- I was referred by my doctor to the emergency room last month for a severe abdominal infection, to get a battery of tests, and my nurse was a black woman. OMG, she was absolutely wonderful. So professional and empathetic. She knew I was freaked out, not knowing what my diagnosis would be, and she checked in on me regularly, attended to all of my requests promptly, and just in general was cheery and made me feel cared for. She had a maternal thing going on, I guess, but it was also sisterly or best friend like. It's hard to explain, but I would have just loved to have added her to my Christmas Card list if I kept such things.
On the other hand, and with respect to New Yorkers and cashiers... I remember a friend I had in grad school in California who was from NYC. He totally hated having to deal with cashiers or cashier lines in California. Why? Because of all the chit chat that the cashiers would engage him in, and with the customers ahead of him in line. He didn't want chit chat, he wanted to have his items rung up and then to be on his way. He would purposely avoid the stores that were especially chatty.
It had never occurred to me that people thought this way (I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to that sort of thing), but now that I'm older I can understand his attitude. Time is passing, and we are waiting in line, waiting for you to shut up your damned conversation already. Ring it up and let us be on our way!
" Luv you my NYC sistas and if you want to give me tude, that''s ok with me. My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain''t mad at you. I''d be downright vengeful if it were me."\
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous post ever .\
You really need to seek help.
- You people drop the *racist* card so often it''s become meaningless\
- I love it how blacks play the slavery card! slavery ended hundred and 40 yrs ago! No one currently alive had any part in slavery. BTW, did you know that africans sold their own people into slavery?
- r241,r244, r245 = talking to their own little, white hooded choir.
- Well, it happened to me. (I''m a black woman, btw.) Whole Foods, Columbus Circle, noon today. The store was nearly empty. I took my purchase to the cashier and pulled out five singles to pay $4.95. She was black; she looked at me, took the bills and began smoothing them out and putting them face-up. Very. Slowly.%0D\
I''ve only had this happen to me with latina cashiers until now. I don''t know what her problem is, but it''s the first time I''ve ever had anything but a pleasant experience at Whole Foods, no matter how crowded the store is (and the Time Warner unit is usually packed.) I don''t think she''d have dared do that to a white woman. Next time that happens, I go straight to a manager.
- That''s right, r247, you get her for having the nerve to follow the store''s protocol of organizing drawer bills. You go get her real good. Demand her poor, haggard head on a stick. \
And you thought she was the bitch?
- [quote]Maybe she gets irritable when she''s about to lay an egg.\
Don''t you mean "Take a dump"?
- 248, I''e worked as a cashier; you do the drawer organizing when things are slow, certainly not while keeping a customer waiting for her change and making a point of looking up at her after smoothing each and every bill.
- Yes that was bullshit passive aggression. I''ve worked in retail decades.\
You should have called her on the spot. WHY do folks let assholes of ANY race get away with bullshit.
- Black white red yellow, hi end, low end, from Needless Markup to the pawn shop, what you need to do is order these bitches around like you are royalty. Yell, scream, throw stuff on the floor, act like visiting royalty. THey''ll assume you have lots of money and will piss themsleves trying to help you.\
Nice does not work
- Meh, at least if they give you an attitude they are acknowledging your existence. The young ones, mostly white, totally ignore your existence. Often times while chatting on their cell phone.
- R251, because the workers can play the victim later on and the media will come down on their side.
- Yes, R246 and that poster is showing up yellow for me for some reason not related to this thread. Something from the last day or two. I''ll find out.\
Guess he''s just a fucking piece of racist trash littering up the site. Total loser. Needs to be banned.
- Ha. I found him. Homophobic poster. How surprising.
- I rather encounter a store worker with a bad attitude than one with body odor. Yuck.
- How you durrin...
- Government mandate.
- [quote]OMG! I own several retail stores and I can''t believe some of the comments here blaming customers for the rude treatment they receive from beligerant clerks.\
Welcome to Datalounge.
- All the posters telling OP to leave NY should realize that it''s no different out here in the hinterlands.
- R262, where in the hinterlands do you live?
- Black female bus drivers in Washington DC are often crazy and bonkers with mentally disturbed attitudes.%0D\
Avoiding them is the best advice.%0D\
And who killed rail repairmen on the subway tracks in Washington DC because the operators of the subways refused to slow down when seeing rail workers on the tracks? Black female subway operators.
- R263, Smallish town in NE Ohio, not far from Cleveland.
- Nice try, R266; you live in Manhattan.
- You only work in a shop, you know. You can drop the attitude.
- R69, many at Datalounge think they are above reproach.
- I always give them my you chose and created your pathetic life smile and move on.
- Avoid what the Boondocks show called a "Nigga Moment." A moment when black people want to suck you into their pointless yet dangerous drama.
- This thread has dissolved into pure racism.
- Black female bus drivers in Washington DC are often crazy and bonkers with mentally disturbed attitudes."\
UH you just described many black women throughout the country
- Isn''t the key word here "women?"
- I think the key word is "black woman". Oh, wait, that''s two words.
- Yesterday I was served by a white male barista at the Peet''s in front of the Men''s Macy''s in San Francisco.\
Oh boy, talk about attitude. The guy was dripping with contempt throughout the entire time he took my order, as well as the orders of others before and after me. He all but snarled at customers. He was so fucking surly, typical of arrogant, straight, white, male privilege... of guys who think they are too good for the job that they are actually doing, too good to be serving the people that they are actually serving. I easily imagined this guy as a would be serial killer consumed with hatred and rage. Creepy mother fucker.
- Reply 276.\
Was He cute??
- Do you all know who are the most gracious and polite service persons? Illegal immigrants! We can threaten to have them expelled just for being pointed out, so they don''t want to appear ungrateful for substandard wages.\
Meanwhile, we have a generation of lazy kids who were raised to believe that they were "better than" someone who would do the kinds of jobs that were being taken by the "illegals." These "illegals" were sneaking into our country and stealing our jobs, so they were all "bad" people. The "real" Americans were being made to suffer, through overcrowding and overstaffing that caused unemployment to rise.\
So we have people who don''t really want to work complaining that they can''t find work, and worrying that the jobs that they are qualified to do are all being outsourced or contracted to illegal domestic labor.\
At the point at which the jobless outnumber the employed, revolution will be upon us.
- It works both ways, you know. I''m black and I''ve found that white men are the absolute worst in customer service jobs--especially gay white men. They can barely cloak their hatred of black people and it''s rather shameful. On the other hand, African (not African-American) women are often exceptional.
- @276 I wrote about that damn Macy''s the employees are horrible . I have never gotten coffee at that Peets due to the stank attitude factor, I''d rather go to the Peets at Opera Plaza.\
Yup, nothing worse than a str8 white man working beneath his ''station in life''.
Pee Wee Poundstone
- I have gotten great customer service in NYC. Maybe my standards are low? So I notice when it sucks.
Anyway, I have experienced what OP is describing, but I figured it was more about *where* they worked than the color of their skin or that person in general. Since a lot of employees at certain establishments happen to be black, it seems like a spurious correlation. Maybe they're not pissy because you're white and they're black, maybe it's because they work under scrutiny from asshole bosses and stand on their feet all day, ringing up things that they can barely afford even with their employee discount.
The worst is Century 21, and I figure I get what I deserve for going in there to begin with. They don't speak to you and prefer to toss your bag across the counter like you're playing volleyball at close range.
The next-worse is Barney's makeup counter. My co-worker was purchasing some items at the Stila counter and it was painfully obvious that the clerk didn't think my co-worker deserved to wear Stila, shop at Barney's or be in the hallowed presence of Mistress Makeup. I was fuming but my friend laughed and said she couldn't hold it against someone who was too stupid to know she was fucking up her own commissions.
Bad customer service in two disparate settings, two races and the only difference was the way they were rude.
Maybe OP confuses white attitude with snobbery, which is considered acceptable in many circles.
- No, r277. He wasn''t cute, far from it. He was about 35-40, str8, white, mediocre in appearance, and obviously not someone who took advantage of the privileges his race and sexual orientation had given him. He was miserable doing every single thing he had to do, from taking orders, to relaying orders to a co-worker, to making coffee, to cleaning tables, to moving fixtures. Just a nasty asshole.
- I concur that white men (either straight or gay) who think they''re working below their station are the absolute worst to deal with. Had a run in with one of these obnoxious miserable fuckers the other day at a drugstore. You could tell how badly it hurt his ego to have to ring people up at the register.
- [quote]...obviously not someone who took advantage of the privileges his race and sexual orientation had given him.\
Could you be any more steeped in fem-think?
- 284, do you honestly believe that being a white male in America isn''t a better deal than any other possible combination?\
Granted, it won''t get you the world on a string, but it''s a better start than anyone else gets.
- The Third-Wave feminist language is a dead giveaway, 285. 282 is in her 50''s or 60''s. Midwesterner who went to an East coast school, probably Ivy or Sisters.
- Do share with us your au courant language, r286? What language would you use to describe/analyze the white male fucktard who works in the Peets in front of Macy''s-Men?\
I assume whatever that language might be, that it doesn''t involve the reading of Tarot cards?
- Note, r285, that r284/r286 does not answer your question.
- R225, I have a feeling she meant 5 people went into their appointments ahead of you because you were late. My doctor''s office does that, as do the offices I work for. The 2 offices my mother worked for did the same thing.\
I don''t understand why people like you "play the race card" when you think you get bad service. Someone black in a service position is rude (or allegedly rude) and you immediately think it''s their own personal goal to be nasty to all white people. Might want to think about WHY you jump to that conclusion.
- I''m right, aren''t I?
- Photo please 42, so that we can be the judges :)
- All of you who care how you''re treated by someone in a store need to get over it. They see a thousand of you a day and do not even process you as an individual. Trust me, I worked in retail during college and I remember it.%0D\
If they appear to have an attitude, it''s not because of the Miss Clairol you''re buying or your race or the spring in your step. It''s because of whatever is going on in their own life or head. It''s not your problem, ignore it and pay attention to things that are.
- r290? No,dear. Now get some sleep, hon.
- R292, working retail while you''re in college is a far cry from working retail for a living. I can forgive dizzy college students. They''re young and unfocused; most don''t want to be there and aren''t interested in the work.\
It''s an entirely different picture when someone is actually trying to make a living at retail. You''re expected to be professional. I suspect most of us are discussing "professionals".
Yes, I work retail and I love it.
- Speaking of black women, look at this queen fending off a savage attack in DC -
- OP, African-American women always call me "baby doll" and are sweet as they can be to me. Maybe it''s something about you, Shug.
Blond White Dude
- R281, you are probably right. I met a couple of people who worked at Century 21 and they said it was a horrible place to work because of management.
- most of these women out there now are just low life bitches, and have serious mental problems.
- i posted this before the last time this thread was bumped -- i will take the attitude of the NYC checkout clerks over the smiling zombie service in CA anyday. the loons behind the counter are (generally speaking) dumb, slow, slow, slow, and overly chatty. in NYC, when i step up to the counter/checkout line (grocery store, bed bath and beyond, etc), the clerks ring me up (no smile) curtly ask for form of payment, i give my credit card, they swipe, and i'm out the door before i know it, and the next customer is being served. out here in CA, these zombies are just that -- zombies. BUT, they do say have a nice day.
- NYC and the Northeast are such rude places in general. I am amazed when I visit how rude cashiers and service industry people are up there. No greetings, no how are you, no thank you for your patronage. Just totally inhumane rudeness. I am so glad I dont live in such a cold inhumane place.
- I feel like this is a very "young" attitude. As in immature.
- I'm a white guy and have NEVER gotten an attitude from anyone. It must be you, OP.
Black people, Latinos, Whites, Asians all love me.
Lose your attitude before you walk to the register.
- Next time, put both your hands out like a dog wanting food and axe "How yooou dering?" They attitude will change faster than Flava Flav can drop his draws.
Wendy Williams *giggle*
- Enjoying the posts by "Miss Ross". Reminds me Angela Bassett in 'Waiting to Exhale' when her husband left her for a white woman.
- Why does this shit always come up? I get plenty of attitude from white service women who just out right ignore me. I don't then draw the conclusion that it has something to do with white women in general. The truth is that it has more to do with that individual and perhaps also the way you have approached them.
Some service people are bitchy and full of attitude, some are not. It has nothing to do with race. Further it is completely idiotic to present your personal feelings as if they are scientific facts. For example I believe OP and others on this thread have shown themselves to be racist dick-wipes. If I were as illogical as OP I might take all these racist DL threads and draw the false conclusion that all or most gay men are like this. But no, I can only say for sure that you are OP, you and a few others of your ilk here who lurk around waiting to post this hate filled vitriol targeting other minorities.
- I don't see the point in taking it personally because I know it's not about me.
- OP, good thing you do not live in Washington DC.
If you want to see and experience attitude by female service people.....don't go to Wash DC
- I admit I've only noticed attitude from a black woman cashier, but who gives a shit?
This is a 45 second transaction.
You drama queen wannabees need to up your game to something worthwhile.
- Why don't we just admit that everyone who works in Duane Reade is an asshole? That's been my experience anyway. Black, white, male, female. They all hate their jobs and hate working there. Consequently, I hate going in there.
- Pure & simple. NWA
Same thing exists in the Midwest. It's too bad.
- OP, Go kill your self. Your life will be 100 % better :)
- Long live, and may it grow, grow, grow: BUYING ONLINE! Then all the obnoxious n-g--- bitches can go back to being welfare queens.
I'm Right Aren't I
- What's the matter R298, don't have a working credit card with $18 left on it?
So sick of these cheap ass fools bumping tired old threads 'cause they don't have the imagination or the money to start their own.
- I'm on your side, OP. They're shit.
- Do notice there is a certain attitude put forth by some black clerks. It is different than tude from other workers. In fact it is sometimes palpable before even attempting the transaction. There are times I really can't stand it, but I deal and move on trying not to get the tude focused on me as I don't want the drama. Like the advice a psychologist gave me about dealing with some women a long time ago, "Just give them a wide berth".
- OP, you're nothing but a plain, garden-variety bigot and so is anyone who supports OP on this.
Like R302, these women love me, so yes, it must be you and your bigoted ways. It's only because you lump in black women all into your negative category all in your head and notice it more as it fits this bigoted agenda in your head.
It's exactly the same as people who think all Asians are bad drivers -- they really aren't, but their bigoted brains will immediately create the patterns by noticing incidents involving them more, while letting white people off the hook and discounting the same incident.
You have to learn to see people as individuals, not as a group that you feel negative towards. We as gays want that from everyone else, yet we are so bigoted toward women a lot of times and other races too!
- The lady at the DMV said "sir, please don't get snippy with me", then left for lunch leaving me stranded at the counter with the wrong forms.
- I think it depends on the company people work for. All the women who work at a nearby RaceTrac are black. They are the sweetest bunch you'd ever want to meet. The Latinas who work at CVS are merely disinterested. I have been to Duane Reade in NYC (I don't live there) and personally experienced some of the attitude expressed here by others. There seemed to be more of it in the Northeast.
The most annoying thing is being older and running into a twink bartender who does not take people in the order they've been waiting. I've been known to call one or two out on that.
Maybe it's not that black women are more likely to be rude to you, it's that when they are, they are very in your face about it, moreso than whites, Hispanics and Asians.
[quote]It's exactly the same as people who think all Asians are bad drivers
Here's where you lose me. They are. Hands down. They are really good at passing the test. Doesn't mean they can drive.
- I've a native NYer, and - although I kind of miss the "f*ck you if you don't like it!" spirit of NYC in some ways - I have to admit I do believe NYers in the "hospitality" industry are largely nasty bitches. I don't care if they are white, black, Asian or hispanic, it's all the same.
Shortly after I moved to Phoenix, a friend (a lifetime Manhattan dweller) visited me here, and was constantly commenting on how nice and friendly everyone was. He even wanted to see managers of places where we ate to tell them how polite and personable the server was. He had no clue that this was normal, and NYCers was simply unusually nasty.
Three years ago, I went back to NYC with a friend not from there, and we did the usual "tourist" things ... museums, the Statue of Liberty, a Bway show, plus lots of shopping in Manhattan, traveling by cab or bus mostly. In four days, I heard the words "Thank you" only TWICE in all that time, and both times it was at one of the museums. We also witnessed a woman trying to get off a bus for three stops, but unaware she had to push the back passenger door to make it open, and nobody helped her until I walked half the length of the bus to do so. A waitress at a coffee shop was yelling four letter words at another table that kept bugging her, and told us that they were likely to "find something" in their food if they kept it up. My friend bought some postcards at a shop in Time Square, and the proprietor called him an asshole because he had nothing smaller than a $10 bill. He also bought a t-shirt from a street vendor and asked if it would shrink, getting a not-unexpected "How the fuck would I know?" answer.
- I've noticed that black people act like they're doing you a huge favor by waiting on you. They feel their work area is an extension of their living room at home, and you are a guest.
If you don't smile and greet them- pay homage- they immediately consider you ungrateful or disrespectful.
I've no idea where this comes from. Whenever I've worked customer service, I've recognized myself as a cog in the corporate wheel, and my "thanks" is my paycheck. And rudeness from customers is part of the deal.
- R318 -- Why do you have so much of a problem seeing that you are just another of the garden-variety, common bigots here? If you weren't, you'd be able to back up what you say with facts rather than using tired old stereotypes. Your post is full of stereotypes and you're full of shit. The only intelligent statement in your post is the first sentence that service rep attitude largely depends on the specific company. That's a good point. Unfortunately, after that you lose all credibility:
1. You just say "they are" when I mention that Asians being bad drivers is not a truth. How do you know? I know how you assume it -- because it's a bigoted, racist way of thinking. But, if it's actually true, which it isn't, again, how do you KNOW? Where are the actual facts to support this? (There aren't any!)
2. You then say that Asians "are really good at passing the test, Doesn't mean they can drive." Wow. So, do you have a job grading tests at the DMV and that is how you know this for a fact? Of course you don't and even if you did that would be at only one specific DMV branch.
Sadly, you are again using a tired old stereotype. This time, that Asians are smarter. At least it's positive, but bigots like you typically use as you did to balance against a negative stereotype -- that they can't drive.
I know a lot of white people who pass the test and are terrible drivers. And duh, you can't even get on the road to drive unless you do pass the test so in reality, any person of any race can be a bad driver even though they pass the test.
To narrow this down factually, its the truth that in many places, including where I live, the insurance rates are affected by young men, aged 16 - 24 who are considered the worst drivers -- so, all races not Asians specifically, and my community is predominantly white!
- I am bigoted against Asian drivers. I admit it. Some stereotypes are true. This is one.
This is based on personal experience and observation. They don't use their rear-view mirrors or signals. After cutting you off to get into the left lane on the highway, they then proceed to drive at 40 mph. The women are the worst. South Asians are nowhere near as bad as East and Southeast Asians.
- [quote]based on personal experience and observation.
Exactly. From the moment we're born this is how we learn about our world. I'll believe my own experience before I'll believe some nit wit who keeps trying to convince me that what I've seen over and over with my own eyes is not a fact.
- "Personal experience and observation" isn't enough because there's a whole big wide world out there. We also are raised to be bigoted, sometimes we aren't even conscious of it.
When white people cut us off or do all the other things you say the Asians did, well we ignore those and we can't easily define say a German person or a Swedish person, we see only whites. It's so much easier to identify Asians or people with features that stand out.
And there's really no point in further arguing with me, since you've proved me right -- R322 admits straight out "I am bigoted against Asian drivers."
Case closed. You haven't personally experienced and observed the whole world -- only the tiny part of your location(s) as viewed through a bigoted brain.
- I haven't touched every hot stove either, R324. Once was enough and now I know not to keep doing it. I'm bigoted against hot stoves. I admit it.
- Check yo self before you wreck yo self!
- No, because I am able to identify blacks or Hispanics and that has not been my experience with either of them.
I can also generally identify white-trash and some of them drive like assholes too, but they are generally just young and stupid.
Young women putting on make-up and talking on their cell phones also drive me crazy.
I currently live in one of the largest metro areas in the US, grew up in the NYC are and have lived or traveled and driven all over the country.
Do you even drive. Do you get out of your mother's basement?
There are bad drivers of all ethnicities, races and ages. But the Asians are the worst.
- [quote]. You just say "they are" when I mention that Asians being bad drivers is not a truth. How do you know? I know how you assume it -- because it's a bigoted, racist way of thinking. But, if it's actually true, which it isn't, again, how do you KNOW? Where are the actual facts to support this? (There aren't any!)
Actually this is true. "Bad driver" may be a cultural label though. Because of the crowded nature of Asian roads, Asians have a different driving style than the west. Saying that Asian drivers are bad drivers is a bit like saying that Asians have bad manners because they slurp their food. It is bad manners in the USA, it is not bad manners in Asia. The issue is that Asian drivers have not adapted their driving style to Western practices.
- "Whenever I've worked customer service, I've recognized myself as a cog in the corporate wheel."
Bosses have no respect for someone with such a wimpy attitude. I've learned from experience. You're nothing to them.
"And rudeness from customers is part of the deal."
No it's not. It's fifty fifty.
I'd give those black employees all bonuses if they worked for me. That's the type of attitude that everyone should have.
You don't take customers shit. And if you greet them, then there's no reason not to greet back. Their problem if they don't.
- Oh, and Asians are smarter than everyone else.
It is built in to their culture to value education.
Same with the Jews.
- Acutally r330, there is historical basis for Jews valuing education. They were barred from many of the trades in Europe in the 19th century (and before). Urban Jews had few choices in employment. They most often learned the language of the country they lived in and learned to read Hebrew. That made them more literate than much of the non-Jewish population.
I wish my cultural background valued education more.
- R331, that is what I just said.
Both the Asians and the Jews value education.
This would be a better world if the rest of us adopted this practice.
- [quote]Because of the crowded nature of Asian roads, Asians have a different driving style than the west. Saying that Asian drivers are bad drivers is a bit like saying that Asians have bad manners because they slurp their food. It is bad manners in the USA, it is not bad manners in Asia. The issue is that Asian drivers have not adapted their driving style to Western practices.
You've got a point, which leads up to the truthful statement that Asians tend to be bad drivers. Whatever reason, they are.
Cultural differences? Yes. Because in Asia they don't give a shit about it. They, (yes, "they") never look in their mirrors, never look to the left before turning left or to the right before turning right, nor behind when backing up. Sure, it's culturally acceptable for them to turn left from the right-hand lane and to turn right from the left-hand lane, and without bothering to first look to see if anyone is in their way. Texting whilst driving? Sure, why the hell not! Texting whilst bicycling, texting whilst driving your scooter or motorcycle... absolutely. That red light? Fuck it. Driving down the wrong lane in the wrong direction, and on the highway no less? If it gets them quicker to their destination, go for it. Straddling two lanes at once? If you don't like it, tough shit.
All of the above are culturally acceptable. You will never see "them" getting a ticket for any of it, even if it is a violation. Why? Because it's "acceptable" and the cops don't give a damn. And all of the above make them shit drivers, and they can't comprehend that when they emigrate to the US, UK, or Europe that such behavoirs are NOT culturally acceptable and don't understand what YOUR problem is.
Yes, cultural differences. Yes, shit drivers. And they'll be amongst the first to admit it.
- Ah, I thought you were mocking me for being a "bigot".
Some stereotypes are true.
"Now go back an practice your violin!!!"
- R328, most asian drivers were born in America.
- >>> when I have to ask you to repeat what you've said because I couldn't understand you?
What is with that? It's like they have marbles in their mouth. At work I have to ask people's names and I can't understand a word a lot of people say. Is it too hard to open your mouth when you talk?
Me: "Your last name?"
other person: "rrugh, rrugh"
Me: "I'm sorry, What is your last name?"
other person: "rrugh rrugh rrugh"
honest to god, I have had mentally retarded customers who speak and pronounce their words 100 times more clear than certain cutomers. But, I guess that's their 'culture' (to be ignorant marble mouths)
- R325 -- It's not surprising that you don't understand analogy. Your 'hot stove' analogy has nothing to do with lumping in all groups of people as the same or acting based on stereotypes. In reality, hot stoves are very handy for cooking! Only idiots brag about having learned not to touch a hot stove and only idiots brag about supporting stereotypes!
Congrats -- you're a two time loser!
- R334 You *are* a bigot and deluded. Of course "some stereotypes are true" Einstein, that's why they became stereotypes!! But people who can't and won't separate individuals (the trees) from the larger group such as an entire race (the forest) are small minded and lack rational thinking skills. Not being able to think BEYOND a common stereotype shows stunted thinking skills.
Go take some critical thinking courses and you'll (maybe) learn what I mean.
And just because a group is known to "value education" doesn't make them "smarter" per se. Many of you bigots say you wish your group valued it more, but there is nothing stopping you as individuals from learning more.
People who've learned and practiced good critical thinking skills can't logically be bigoted, so if you're serious about valuing education learning critical thinking -- rather than going by stereotypes and assumptions -- is a great place to start!
- And R327 Thinking and facts are different and more trustworthy than your feelings about what you "generally identify" with you're bigoted mind such as "young women putting on their makeup..." and Asian drivers.
While these people bug you and you want to think that they are the worst drivers, in reality, insurance rates are affected by MEN 16 - 24 of all races. I've already posted this and that my area is PREDOMINANTLY WHITE. I received a letter mentioning this FACT. So pay attention -- yes I drive!
You prove my point about being bigoted and lumping everyone in together of a group without being able to see and reason beyond that when you say you "generally identify" -- that's the perfect definition for a bigoted stance!! Thanks.
- So, in a nut shell, driving STATISTICS and facts are what count, not what you bigots observe as you drive even if it's all around the world!
- most of the women today are dumb bitches, have to agree on that one. and they are losers too.
- I'm too lazy to go through the posts. How did the nasty attitude women at the checkout counter the Op was mentioning evolve into a treatise on Asian drivers? ADD?
- Asians are NOT the worst drivers!
Who came up with this old, unfair stereotype?
SUV drivers, of any race, can bite my ass!
- "I have a feeling she meant 5 people went into their appointments ahead of you because you were late. My doctor's office does that, as do the offices I work for. The 2 offices my mother worked for did the same thing.
I don't understand why people like you "play the race card" when you think you get bad service. Someone black in a service position is rude (or allegedly rude) and you immediately think it's their own personal goal to be nasty to all white people. Might want to think about WHY you jump to that conclusion."
Exactly how would that have been possible, five patients ahead of me? I was only 15 minutes late, so you assume FIVE people were seen during those fifteen minutes? That would be impossible, especially as the specialist I was going to see spends at least 30-40 minutes with each patient.
As I already explained, the wait to see most doctors at this center is usually quite long, anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours, so, technically, I was not really late, as no patient is ever taken on time!
I was not playing the "race card", which always seems to be a rote response when white people relay their bad experinces dealing with black people working in the service industries!
I was simply explaining the ongoing experiences I've had belonging to this medical center for over 15 years, a place where 90% of the assistants are black women. The American black women who have worked there during the years, have always been overly chummy with the black patients, calling them "girlfriend" etc, while treating whites, Latinos and Asians with utter contempt.
Maybe you should wonder WHY the uneducated black Americans, in service positions, seem to despise all white people?
I haven't imagined this behavior, so you need to stop telling me to check myself! I'm not jumping to some wild conclusion or being racist as you seem to be accusing me of being, I have lived through the utter nonsense with the rude 'ass-sistants' at my medical center.
I was a few minutes late in the course of being a longtime patient who is never late, then I got attitude from a person who should be more familiar with all the patients she deals with, not just the black patients!
This rude woman has been there as long as I've been a patient, 15+ years, she should make an effort to recognize at least a handful of white long term patients, but she acts as if she doesn't.
The few Jamaican women who work there, do not treat any patients with contempt, it's only the Black American women there who do this. It's been interesting to observe. Do you know that Jamaicans think most Black Americans are lazy and rude?
- [quote] Do you know that Jamaicans think most Black Americans are lazy and rude?
Now see, I was actually giving this tome of yours a chance, then at the last minute you reveal yourself. Probably what the Black female Americans can see about you with clarity and the Jamaicans will learn, in short order.
- [quote]Maybe you should wonder WHY the uneducated black Americans, in service positions, seem to despise all white people?
Wow, I guess youve never been the office to see something like this:
- I'm a white guy. I was in line at the Walgreens, and this black lady stood BESIDE me in line, while holding a bag of Lays Potato Chips. She was grumbling to herself about having to wait in line...but it was no big deal, I was next in line, and there was one person at the counter. That was it.
I go to the counter and she runs up beside me and says "C'mon, c'mon!! I'm gonna miss my BUS, you FOOL!"
I ignored her, and placed the stuff on the counter. Three items, that was it. She couldn't handle it. She slapped a dollar on the counter in front of me, and said "HERE! I'm gonna miss my bus! You WHITE PEOPLE always gotta mess with black people, don't you?"
As she ran out the door, I yelled to her "Assholes come in ALL colors, honey. Have a great night!"
I noticed that she had plenty of time to board the bus that arrived.
What a cunt.
- Yep R345, I'm a "dumb ass crackah", just because I heard from a few Jamaican friends I have, one who happens to be a Jamaican man who is married to white female friend I've known over 20 years, that a lot of Jamaicans think Black Americans are lazy.
I never said I believe that, it's just something that's out there. Though I do think a ton of black American women can be, and are, very surly to anyone who is NOT black. And then revel in their rude attitudes, that's not imagined either. PERIOD.
I guess you never saw the Jamaican worker sketches on "In Living Color"? The Jamaican characters would argue with each other who had more jobs, one guy said he had 20 jobs.
You need to lighten up and unclench, especially as I was simply repeating what a Jamaican person told me.
"Reveal" myself, you are too fucking funny. What exactly can black female Americans SEE about me with CLARITY, that I'm a keen observer of black racism?!! Because it seems when black people are racist, they are never called on it.
btw, where the fuck was Al Sharpton when that white police officer was just killed? Huh? He was quiet as a mouse.....
- There are too many angry people out there!
- Black person here. I have worked in a number of service jobs. It seems like white people think only the black service people give them a hard time, and all the black people think white people are trying to undermine them.
I had an extremely cunty supervisor who was also black. She gave that same venomous, nasty attitude to everyone. She would ask customers to their face why she should care about them missing their bus like that woman in r347, or someone like r344 who shows up late for his appointment. In both scenarios people feel entitled to things they are most certainly not entitled too, but white and black people have very different ways of expressing that. Although I hated working with that stone cold bitch, but I understood her tactics. It is the only way you can deal with people who act like that day after day. It has nothing to with race.
- Lower-class Blacks don't conceal their contempt for middle/upper-class Blacks either. I'm Black and I get the same shitty disregard from Black service workers, as well as from White service workers.
Yes, assholes come in all colors.
- "I ignored her, and placed the stuff on the counter. Three items, that was it. She couldn't handle it. She slapped a dollar on the counter in front of me, and said "HERE! I'm gonna miss my bus! You WHITE PEOPLE always gotta mess with black people, don't you?""
Instead of this asshole moronic woman using her brain and simply asking you if she could get ahead of you because she was in rush and only had one item, it seems she assumed by grumbling non-stop and acting like a nutcase, you'd offer her to get ahead of you?!
When I'm a line and in front of a person who is in a big rush, and they have one or two items, I always allow them to go ahead of me, because you never know if their verbal meltdown might suddenly involve a gun or a knife.
- everyone's in a big rush to go nowhere
- Blacks are often overtly polite and friendly with each other seemingly as a way of letting "whitey" know they don't like us, but also probably to give them the respect they (falsely) assume whites give each other.
A retail workplace not far from me operates the same way, and it's so obvious.
Not much one can do about it other than ignore me, as they usually won't cross the line too badly.
- R352, I actually would have offered that to her if she had asked me. I was in no hurry at all.
Her passive aggressive AGGRESSIVENESS made me not feel so friendly, though.
Besides, I only had three items. When she plunked that dollar down on the counter, the cashier just looked at her weirdly, and stopped ringing me up, and didn't ring her up either. She began yelling at the cashier to hurry up too...and he wouldn't budge. He looked confused more than anything, because he couldn't just cancel my transaction right in the middle, in favor of hers.
The irony was if she had waited, I would've been done...and she would've gotten out of there quicker.
- Anybody who lives or has lived in New York City knows what most black people in service jobs are like. But whites are often no prize either. Much easier to lay around the house and get welfare, food stamps, etc. I know; I'm disabled.
- "Anybody who lives or has lived in New York City knows what most black people in service jobs are like. But whites are often no prize either. Much easier to lay around the house and get welfare, food stamps, etc. I know; I'm disabled."
Huh? WTF? How does a discussion about lousy attitudes from service workers disintegrate into a discussion about people getting food stamps and welfare? Only on DL!
Actually in this messed up shaky economy a ton of Americans, no matter what race, creed, religion etc are now eligible for food stamps and Medicaid!
I have a few friends who I would never in my wildest dreams imagined ever being on food stamps and Medicaid, yet they've been on these programs for about two years.
In NY, the ceiling income for food stamps, for a single person, is $22,000 and about $990 a month to receive Medicaid for your health insurance.
I would venture a lot of eligible people have no idea they are eligible!
- [quote]Do you know that Jamaicans think most Black Americans are lazy and rude?
And Black Africans think most Black Americans are lazy trash.
- How sad that most of this thread has been overtaken by trolls and race baiters.
Meanwhile, here in New York, it's still a daily occurance, in every corner of the city, everywhere to experience a really rude people who ring me up. Yes, the overwhelming majority of them are black females, not black males or Asian or white women. It's just a fact.
Then again, I suppose if I were shopping a lot on Fifth Ave., I'd experience a heavy dose of attitude coming from the white women working in the shops and boutiques there.
- White person here, and yes, most of the people I experience rude or bad service from are black.
However, I don't jump to the conclusion that it's necessarily about race, or blacks not feelin' it for whites, or vice versa. It is an unfortunate fact in this country that institutionalized racism means more black folks are working at minimum wage jobs or repetitive jobs.
I see rudeness from black and white clerks…and I also see entitlement from black and white customers. People are, as mentioned upthread, equal opportunity assholes.
Having said all of that….it does boggle my mind how incredibly rude and/or unfriendly many of the folks who wait on me can be.
The worst is the Post Office. In Chicago, it appears to be a requirement that anyone hired for the post office must be a woman who weighs at least 300 pounds. I go in the afternoons when there are only 3 or 4 people in line and it still takes half an hour, because these obese sows are slow as hell, talk with everyone and their mother and won't focus on work, and ask the same questions three and four times.
Lest you think I'm Miss Priss from the suburbs who isn't being realistic...I did retail for years and I know how it's done when it's done right. These bitches ain't doin' it right.
- Taken over by race baiters? It was started by one.
I'm not going to read all of his drivel either, but I lived in New York for fifteen years. In my neighborhood there were two African-American staff member who were notorious for an attitude problem because of their personalities. One at my market also seemed to be apathetic about her job. But that was it.
The rest were amazing. Three of the other African-American women at the market knew me by name, and looked out for me. A woman who worked the subway booth on my corner always waved and me and always helped me out - you could see dozens of people in any given week stop and chat with her, and she waved at them and smiled at everyone constantly. When she disappeared for several weeks and came back I became concerned and asked about her and she started asking me about my life.
Of my four best spin teachers, three were African-American women. My two admin assistants were African-American and as lovely as they could be.
OP, I think it's you. The attitude you brought to your original post is probably all over your face whenever you encounter African-American women with your expectations of how they should "wait" on you.
Your experience is not like mine or many New Yorkers.
- I lived in nyc til i was 25. I was tortured from public school on by black girls. I have had friends from every race. What hurt was when the black girls got together with other black girls, they would "forget" we were friends and harass me mercilessly. I went through this through middle school. In high school it was a mixed bag. I met an awesome black girl with ambition and intelligence and drive. She was just a girl, just my friend. When the other black girls saw us getting close, they began to get in her ear and say horrible things about me. She told me all about it and we remain friends to this day. I have lived all over the country. The african american women are mostly the same.
As an adult, I am married to a man who is african american. He is sweet and warm and kind. He is my husband and yet I am made to feel as though I have "stolen" him from the black community. Black women have pushed me in stores, touched him inappropriately in front of me, roll their eyes at me, curse me out, etc. It has made my life a living hell. I am so harassed that I am ready to leave this man and the black community all together. He was married to a black woman before me and he says he will never do it again. He even said they treat their men like pets and are bitter and angry. I think they are bullies for the most part. I have met some very lovely older black women who have class, elegance and treat me well. It seems like the ones who are my age and younger are just bitches! Find your own man and work on keeping him and leave me and mine alone.
the females who give you all of this sh*t are not worth the energy you are giving them.
There are women like this in every race, and I have been put through hell before as well.
Here is my rather unconventional advise that has worked for me: have a lesbian affair.
Once you have been intimate with a woman you find attractive nitwit b*tches cannot affect you anymore.
It really works.
- I don't usually have a problem with black cashiers, it's usually the hispanic ones that are bitchy for no reason. Even when you're nice to them they act shitty.
- women are rotten no good bitches everywhere today. it seems wherever i go, i meet the nastiest LOW LIFE LOSER women with their very bad attitude problem. you women need to read a book on how to deal with the public, especially on how to talk to men better, many of you women are so uneducated today, so reading a book will help your problem. just maybe, this might make you women a lot smarter again. i mean, miracles do happen.
- i agree with you!
- I feel defeated sometimes. I've always complained when need be, however recently.. I just think.. "is it my job to fix their business"?? I've got my own struggle and juggle going on with work.
The other day, the grocery clerk after scanning my items.. just stopped and stared at me. I asked what my total was.. she said.. "oh I thought you could read"
- R351 is spot on. I am biracial, with light skin and green eyes. I have been given hell from other black women by entire life. In high school, the girls said that I was "trying to act white" because I took honors courses, worked, and had a nice car. My parents were lower middle class, but we had more than a lot of others, and they hated me for it. They also got mad because I "thought that I was cute" despite the fact that I never dated in high school, and was not a threat to anyone. I am now upper middle class, and am treated the same way. I am hated by poor black women, because I have an education and money. I don't understand it. I am so happy for other African American people who are successful and make it in life. I cannot imagine being so angry and full of self hatred that you automatically dislike someone who manages to do well for themselves.
- Sorry sweet cakes, but how do YOU behave in public? A gay man acting like a girl pisses women off. I see it all the time. I know it's who you are and won't change for anyone but then you have to expect a little rain sometimes along with the sunshine.
- WE LIVE IN A DIVIDED COUNTRY. Some of us are brave just leaving the home because of this hostility. No more middle. I had to leave a couple of jobs because of ghetto Queeneishas and mr. Gay dude who likes his showcase.
Bottom line ... if your rich your MONEY AND WEALTH DEFINE YOU BEING happy, if your ghetto or just have a job that you know will be yours you can bee an a$$. If your young and have some sort of still princess complex you can be even stupider. YOU ALL ARE ON SOME KIND OF POWER TRIP.
If you struggle and are kind and just want a better world we have to work together in order to receive the love we put out. Smile and kill em with kindness because these types need it!
LOVE AND ALL ABOVE!!!
- Fuck off, racist pig.
- If it makes you feel better OP, they give the same shitty attitude to black customers too. And I am not going to even going to elaborate on the shitty attitude from chinese cashiers (toward blacks) in NYC. Live with it.
- [quote] I cannot imagine being so angry and full of self hatred that you automatically dislike someone who manages to do well for themselves.
Sounds like you are new to Datalounge!
- R 64 Did you consider that her Religion/Culture, not her attitude was the reason for the exchange...my clerk also Musulim pushes the change. Women are not supposed to have contact with males on a familiar bases. As a female is not allowed to touch a monk in some countries.
- because they are black and they are racist to white people. they have a chip on their shoulder. they don't value the lives of white people. it's just a fact. i'm not racist. i'm just a realist.
- OP, you're a racist and a misogynist, case closed. Get therapy.
- Someone had to resurrect this 2 year old thread to complain about counter girls?
- I'm amazed by OP's post. I have always found that the MOST friendly, helpful service folks are black women. When we used to be able to chose one of several lines in airports, I'd always go for the black woman and get the kindest treatment and even upgrades.
But I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them. There's a Duane Read a block from me (yes, OP, I too live in New York), and one of the black women reproaches me if I let another checkout person wait on me. Of course she calls me "darlin'."
I think OP does something to set them off. And you do NOT want to cross these ladies.
- It had to have been one of our resident racist trolls. He's too loser-poor to pay $18 so he bumps old racist threads to vent his spleen instead.
Breaking News: Low-paid service workers have hard lives and are not always pleasant to their customers. Film at 11:00.
- r362 wow just wow you sound like you have issues.
All races have people that don't agree with interracial relationship its not just Blacks.
It sounds like you still have baggage from school and really shouldn't be dating Black men.
I know a lot of White women who date Black men and there not weak.
There is no way in hell they'll give 2 fucks about people not liking them enough to miss out on something in life.
If your straight,gay,fat,ugly, white, black, nerdy we all get shitted on.
Some women are real CUNTS and I'm a women but its in every race.
- [quote]I'm a women
- to R362 the so called ww married to a so called jamaican man who disses his own race of women and you want to come here playing the innocent ww card?
Bitch please. WW who are unhappily married to BM are racists. Why? Cause their man is, for the most part. BM have their ww call them N! BM use the N word around their ww so naturally ww carry attitudes!
BW are the most shat upon women in American and nobody is calling out the BM who abandon their children. Go through any black community and you will see the LACK OF BLACK FATHERS. Ask your school teacher friends! Where they be? In jail, living with mom, down low or if they have an education and get a few cents, with a ww.
Deflecting. Their music disses their mothers, grandmothers. I feel pity for the average bw those chicks are DEPRESSED AND POOR caring for the spawn of spineless hypocritical men!
Yup those surly clerks are overburdened while the BM has the assumption that everybody wants him.
Who the hell wants a BM? They do not value family and the black community is proof. I pity BW
- You have to work for your Food Stamps in NYC. These women are part of a program where you work off your FS at minimum wage. Walgreens is one of the biggest employers of these earnfare, workfare, or whatever your state calls it.
- Those black bitches are just pissed off because at the moment, instead of getting some of your tax money in the form of a welfare check, they are actually having to work for a living. Oh and hey...to those black bitches and their friends, if you weren't BORN in AFRICA and THEN MOVED to AMERICA, YOU ARE NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN, you are black American.
- Hey- it's cuz THAT'S HOW THEY ARE! It DOESN'T MATTER that you're gay-it's CUZ ur WHITE! We (my husband and myself, get this ALL THE TIME and we aren't rich people, we live in the same area but it doesn't matter. These black women have attitudes and will fuck you over first chance they get. I'd rather wait in a long line than have a black woman check my order out! (the black MEN DON'T do this)! I don't know WHAT these bitches problems are and I don't give a shit! I'm a FIRST GENERATION AMERICAN, so I don't wanna hear about the bullshit they've been milking for so long! I have black friends who have WAY MORE than I can ever HOPE to have! Yet these black bitches would be the FIRST to pull the race card and wanna sue somebody! THESE are the LOW CLASS(SOME middle class as well). We are plain old middle class-period! But GOD FORBID WE file a complaint against them! This is ridiculous and needs to stop! They should be held to a standard and fired if they do not meet those standards and NOT be able to go back on welfare if they DO get fired! It's like- "don't like ur job bitch? Well MOST of the REST of us don't either! LIVE WITH IT"! I am SO SICK OF THESE BITCH'S ATTITUDES! SORRY for the rant, dude, but BELIEVE ME-it's NOT cuz ur gay-it's cuz ur WHITE! (METRO PCS IS PRESENTLY TRYIN TO SCREW US OVER CUZ SOME BLACK BITCH PULLED CRAP WITH THE ACCOUNT). LUCK AND BLESSINGS TO U.( p.s. to whomever reads this and thinks me a hypocrite for saying "blessings"- deal with nasty attitudes knowing its a race thing and try to feel "love & light"- that's bullshit. The empathy meter is empty as it's been abused. )
- Wow, the bigotry on this board is really disgusting. I'm ashamed for you.
- Sorry-got my site & posts mixed up cuz someone was upset about the SAME ISSUE but was gay. BUT-my answer still stands. I read one where someone stated that "you have issues". Damned right you have issues-white people are expected to just "shut-up" and "suck it up"--well thats TOTAL BULLSHIT! MOST OF THE TIME-black bitches WILL fuck you over any chance they get if you are white. They'e too STUPID to realize that you may be a 1st generation American, or- HEY!- U COULD BE BLACK AND JUST LOOK WHITE! (I once worked with a BLOND-BLUE-EYED girl who was HALF-BLACK)!Nobody would've EVER thought her half black! And-B.T.W.- how come if one is HALF black, that they're considered "BLACK"?"(Prez. OBAMA'S MOM was WHITE)! WHY is he considered and looked at as totally black? Anyway-this injustice occurs ALL OVER-and there should be some NEW laws as far as these people bitchin bout race and their rudeness being "looked over"(um-cuz they're BLACK after all). MOST of us DON'T like our jobs-HOWEVER-WE don't have welfare to fall back on because we have been working ALL OUR LIVES! AGAIN- there should be a standard to where these rude, IGNORANT BITCHES should be held accountable, and if they pull the shit that they pull (and USUALLY GET AWAY WITH)they should be fired and NOT allowed to GO BACK ON WELFARE! The empathy/sympathy cared has been drained.
- Black women love me! I'm one of their homies... lol it's a black thing. See, I'm practically one of them!
- How about black men in authority positions (security guards, cops, bouncers) targeting the wealthy, attractive blond female? Nobody ever talks about this. Double trouble if she's with an Asian man, then it gets really strange. Somebody has to have experiences they'd like to share.
- Lots of racists on the board today..
Hey guess what guys...you lost...your days are OVER!!!
- Right now as I type this I'm sitting at my friend's indie coffee shop. The owner hired these cute little twink type boys and one of them, Austin, is a DICK. Rude to customers, doesn't do his job and no one likes him, he's probably 21 or so.
About 20 minutes ago he was in the back area of the shop and his boss was yelling at him. I think he got fired. He walked out crying and went in the bathroom for like 10 minutes. He's dating another twink here, Shaun, and I think while he was in there he texted Shaun.
Shaun works at this shop too, that's how they met. Shaun is working the mid-shift and about ten minutes after he showed up Austin, who had been crying the entire time while having to wait on customers, told him about what was going on. Austin burst into tears and Shaun just held him. This happened at the front counter where everyone could see.
Austin has this snotty little attitude because he's cute and his MOM has him thinking he's the greatest kid ever so he has no maturity when he's criticized.
Austin's got his coat and backpack, is crying again and saying bye to Shaun.
- Black men are usually wonderful and older black women as well. Its the younger black women and DEFINITELY young gay men who are the worst to deal with. Older white women can also be horrors to deal with.
- R392, that's some great twink drama!
- I love black girls but they have a sour attitude. Especially the ones that have 10 children from twenty different fathers.If you had some N word screwing around you then you'd be like taht too. I also love it when a black girl say she's not attracted to white guys. You go sister go after some broke ass N word who doesn't have a pot to piss in!
- Oh, please. This is not a racial thing. You will get shitty attitudes from anyone who has to work in a shitty job. Please don't take it personally - they probably don't even realize they're acting that way. Just be kind and you might just improve their dismal day.
All those Canadians who are saying "Canadians are so polite." Bitch, go to a Jean Coutu in Quebec and you'll find the same thing from a Quebecois chick that you you racist assholes are claiming only comes from African American women. People in those sorts of jobs are nasty.
- If you want to see some attitude go to Nasty Pig and ask if they have those assless panties in an XXL.
- R396 the French Canadians are nothing like American Blakc girls, you are on crack honey. They love US tourists because they smell money.Black girls are nasty EVEN when they smell money.
- So? You probabably deserve if you have the same raw, nasty attitude of most gay men.
- [quote]Austin's got his coat and backpack, is crying again and saying bye to Shaun.
Austin didn't get fired. He was a smart ass to the owner and got his ass handed to him.
But he really IS gonna cry like a pussy in a couple of weeks when the owner fires him.
- Being black and a long time Datalounger, I pretty much knew what was going on in this thread so I stayed away. While I loathe generalizations, especially generalizations based on race or sexuality, it has been my experience that you get the most attitude from young black female cashiers and young white gay men. The only difference being is, if you're dressed well the white gay men will adjust their attitudes accordingly, young black females don't give a shit.
- I've turned it into a game. I try to see if I can have an absolutely silent transaction at Duane Reade. I put my things on the counter, hand them my Duane Reade card, they ring the things up and expect me to just see the amount on the register, I pay and leave. No one says hello or thank you or anything. It's the same every time.
- I hope I never have to deal with this miserable bitching OP, he is a dick
- r396 - the last time I was at Jean Coutu was in Quebec City last winter. I wanted lip balm. There were two young female employees who helped me find it, and they were very friendly and helpful.
- To all you libs and minorities who justify this behavior. ever heard of "the customer is always right" being black doesn't give you a right to act shitty to white people. I haven't done anything to you and I damn sure don't owe you anything. if you can't DO YOUR JOB IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER, then quit and go somewhere else! And no, im not an inbred redneck for having different views than you!
Even businesses no longer believe the customer is always right.
Something about the customer being an entitled prick that stopped that. Also love when someone who is NOT a customer (and just wants to grind and axe) forgets that, as if I'm supposed to grovel for one sale.
As for why minorities in general shit on whites while treating each other deferentially, it's a public tantrum many throw, a way of dissing "Whitey" while elevating their own status, however circular the means may be.
- It doesn't help that American sitcom writers have this stereotype of snotty, sassy, smart-mouthed maids, nurses, cashiers, etc. that just add to the boilerplate of rude (but oh! so rib-ticklingly funny!) female black workers.
One can go as far back as Mammy in Gone with the Wind, but more recent examples are Florence in The Jeffersons and on the current top ten TV hit The Big Bang Theory there are two: the reoccurring role of the ER nurse, and the DMV clerk, (who was played by Oscar winner Octavia Spencer).
Why, it's a hoot when these ladies are rude to their customers!
- And let us not forget the heroine of "The Help", who found it uproariously funny to defecate in a chocolate pie. Yes, such droll behaviour, isn't it?! HILARIOUS, even.
Ugh. Decline of civilization indeed.
- What about all the awful black girls on public transit? Jesus fucking Christ, they're obnoxious.
- [quote]but more recent examples are Florence in The Jeffersons
Just how old are you?
- I just got slapped by some bitch! She had the Nerve to tell me that my Bobbie Brown make-up made me look washed out!
- Holy fuck! Do racists actually google code words to get here? How did that illiterate troll @R386/388 find this place?
- Maybe it has something to do with having to interact with rude New Yorkers (like the OP) all day. It would certainly make ME want to piss in somebody's Cheerios.
- I totally agree with you and have been thinking the same thing almost everyday when I have to DEAL with a black female cashier. I started to see a pattern and the pattern is what you described.
Let me give you the many examples of rude black women I have had to deal with:
1. In line at circle K, black woman in front of me spills her drink. I looked down at my shoes and pants to see if any of it got on me. A normal reaction. The black woman with a horrible attitude looks at me and says " it's not like I got any on you, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" so beyond rude. A normal person would of said excuse me, I am sorry, etc.
I just told her to shut the hell up
2. Black female cashier told me that I threw, yes threw my credit card at her. Okay sure who the hell throws their credit card at a cashier. Not many people, very rare. So she refused to sell me the items I wanted ad refused to give me my credit card back. Started yelling amd screaming, cursing me out so I just called the police.
3. Went to Walgreens in DC, the black female cashier was sitting, yes sitting on a stool behind the register. I walked up to counter to purchase some items amd she just sat there like I did not exist. Quite strange if you ask me. So I waited and waited and waited, then she asks me in an entitled I am above you attitude : what do you want blah blah blah ...... So I told her a pack of cigs x brand she turned around got them then I said oh I am sorry I would like two packs. OMG that was the end of the world for her, god forbid if her little poor self would have to dare turn around again to grab another pack.
4. City was flooding, so decided to fill my car gas tank up. I went inside handed the black female my money, told her pump number, etc then proceeded outside to pump my gas. A gentleman behind me said " if I were you I would go speak to the manager because after you walked out she said that she wasn't going to turn your pump on and make you wait in the rain". Holy how way beyond rude.
I have many many many more stories but I am sick of typing.
- I've had some black women seem a little rude to me but act very kind to my grandmother and show great respect to her. When that happens, I write off the perceived friction towards me and thank her for being kind to Grandma. Then they warm up a little bit.
Also, I always try to remember that people are sick and irritable and peeps got the diabetes. The diabetes makes people really grouchy.
you should have anonymously reported these women. Not all black people are like that , and if they were white you would have reported them.
- If you were obese and poor and in shitty health and had twelve children by twelve different men you'd probably be pissed, too.
- La Maldita de la Shanequa es no bueno to los cliente.
Ay ay ay!
- The shitty attitude is prevalent amongst all races of younger women. No one teaches manners, and these women are very self-centered and rude. It's across the board. What you are meeting are mostly lower-income black women but believe me, you'll get this shit working in universities, supermarkets, law firms, etc.
Middle-aged women act snotty, uppity and entitled too but you'll find them amongst the white race. It's so fucking boring. It's hard to believe that so many women think that hte world revolves around them, and that the point to their lives is finding a wealthy man.
So, OP, what you are encountering is just the front line troops that are meant to take the bullets--the other bitches are the field commanders and they don't work retail, they find men to fool and use up.
- One tip I can offer you is that when anyone, of any race, disrespects or humiliates you it is important that you do a good deed for someone you love/like. That way you negate the horrible negativity and create a beautiful moment for someone who least expects it--what a wonderful surprise for someone!
- I'll keep saying it. Those BW are depressed cause bum ass BM abandoned them and their kids and their communities.
Think people think use logic. BM walk freely dissing their women and not looking back nor helping their communities, period.
They are now at 80% out of wedlock rate. The women, brainwashed not to interracially date (gee, wonder WHO is demonizing WM to them??), are socialized to accept the high school drop out BUMS who impregnate them.
For every mean ass BW clerk bet your rent she is working to be Mother and Father cause a BM bum abandoned his kids.
Sorry DL, I am as big a bitch as anybody on this page but I refuse to allow BM to get off scot free. What other culture of men allow his sons to be raised without him?
What other race of man is coddled by his community, is hyper violence with up to 50% high school drop out rates but yeh, lets talk about those depressed and broke single mothers.
- Some of you must have never been waited on by white gay men. Waiters, retail, it's all the same. Some black femal cashiers may be bad, but explain the white gay male servers and sales people.
- Many black women have nasty attitudes while many white women have uppity attitudes. Both need to have a stadium full of seats.
and don't forget the dragon ladies and the tiger moms!
you have a good point and I do see many youngish black women who will not improve their lot in life because a) they are tied down with kids by an absent father and b) they were not raised in a stable home themselves.
Compound that with rap culture with men calling them bitches and hoes and that's it--done deal. These poor women are not taken seriously at all , maybe that's why they lash out on occasion.
From what I see, the whole key to a young black woman's odds of making it is not having children out of wedlock. That's the biggest, most important advantous to have.
Here's what none of us understand: why don't they use birth control?
- Thanks r426 finally a wise person who sees the bigger picture at work. WHAT other culture allows their women to raise the kids without men? To me, BM should be ashamed of themselves.
The BM guilt trip them not to use birth control. Str8 BM do NOT like to use condoms and the poor dumb chicks have been brainwashed not to interracially date so they share men, the reason why BW have such high HIV rates is one man is infecting many women. BM really are scandalous.
To all the rest of you bitches -give it a try. Just ask that moody sullen depressed BW clerk -how many kids do you have?? 80% of the time she will be a single mother with 2 or 3 kids.
BM really should be ashamed of themselves and for the way they treat their children, women and community I do not have much respect for them.
- It i had to do that job for 3.50 an hr, I'd be a bitch to u too!!!!
- Perhaps OP has bitchface. It is a scientific fact that blackwomen tend to be bitchface intolerant.
Something about lacking bitchface enzymes.
- Ya know R429 what it is, is the dehumanization of BW from BM.
The entire Black community is build to coddle and protect BM. But they make music calling their Mothers bitches and hos they use the N word like the word YES yet demand respect, demonize their women and don't protect their kids and community. I have to keep saying it cause they have bamboozled everyone, putting the blame on BW.
Yet BM are the FIRST to cry racism. Read they news! Actually BM have it made. 2/3 of them don't live with their kids, they go in and out of jail but the 'white man' is keeping them down.
Unless a SLAVE MASTER is holding a gun to his head its a crock of bullshit.
Do it bitches, I dare you. Ask, nicely, how many kids does the depressed clerk have! And notice she has no wedding ring.
BLACK MEN ARE THE PROBLEM. BLACK MEN HAVE BAMBOOZLED EVERYBODY with their 'the man is after me' bullshit!
I would much rather get rang up by a BM than BM they have major attitude don't get me started on BM doormen or security guards, oy.
- This thread is hilarious. For every one bad experience I have with a black female, I can rattle off five bad experiences I've had with gay men in similar positions. It's like these queens yearn for people to remind them they're just shopgirls so they can drop the attitude!
- Meant to say I would much rather get rang up by a BW than a BM...
Think about it. Minimum wage, worried about rent, children, food, Xmas gifts I'd be depressed, too.
To you few Gay BM... unless you agree with me cause you have seen it with your own two eyes stay out of it. I know you love geting deep dicked by homothugs and closet cases and I have noticed that Black men across the board do not objectively criticize each other.
- I have worked retail and it was the worst series of jobs I ever had. I was actually an assistant store manager and store manager a few times.
I finally decided that I needed to go back to school in order to escape retail and actually did, however when the economy tanked I was unemployed for almost a year and although I was desperate for work I turned down several retail jobs because I just couldn't stand the thought of going back. I.could.not.do.it.
Working retail is demeaning; your employers are generally assholes; your customers treat you like shit; they routinely trash your store, shoplift; leave product in other areas of the store; if you sell food, they will EAT THE FOOD and leave empty/half empty containers for clerks/other customers to find, etc.
I even read a story online about the phenomenon of customers shitting in stores-- and not in the bathrooms (link below).
If I thought long and hard enough I'd have more examples, but it's too depressing.
Bottom line: It's a job that SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. Be nice to your cashier. Crack a smile. Pretend to be friendly for the 3 friggin' minutes you're at the counter. It might make a difference to the both of you.
- I work in a store that does not have a public bathroom and yes, some very nasty women have shit and pee in the fitting rooms many times.
- Everybody is focused on BW but lesbian white women are the worse. They are the spawn of satan!
- Next time you go into the store OP, wear a wig of really long, straight blonde hair. Run your fingers through your hair, pulling the hair out from the side of your head. Then shake your head back and forth to let your hair settle back down.
I happen to know this squicks out black women. If you REALLY want to make an impression, do it on an elevator a couple of steps above a black woman. You will see the goosebumps rise up on her arms and the hair on the back of her neck stand up.
- You get what you expect to get. My office is 50% black and 50% white. The Human Resource Manager is black. No attitude allowed and everyone's treated the same. I'm gay. I don't generalize. There's bitches and beauties everywhere.
- R426 you're a racist asshole.
- How hard would it be to ignore the trolls?
- [quote]I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them.
That's because we say "Please," "Ma'am," and "Thank you." :)
- Retail gays or gay waiters r the worse. Those bitches think they own the world. Pluhezzzz bitch! U making minimum wage; get outta here.
- [quote]I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them.
This is kind of true. I melt when a black lady says, 'how are you today baby' or 'how many I help you baby'. Anything with baby just works.
- Becaus they are nothing but NIGGERS!
- f7f for 443
- OP = Red Dragon Cheese Queen
- thank you for this thread it bothers the fuck outta me
- R438 How/why is R426 a racist? Was it the birth control comment? Because I don't get that either. how is having a baby/raising a child easier than going to a clinic and getting on birth control? For the life of me I cannot understand it. And if having one kid wasn't enough, you see women with a couple of kids. Wasn't it hard enough raising one child that you are raising, two, three, four kids? Some with different fathers?
- Bump for ATTITUDE.
- Bump for black aide bullying white special needs child. Uh ohs.
- Should we start a thread about this? Why not?
- I've approached checkout lines at various stores with several cashiers. I intentionally avoid fat or Black female cashiers, who are always the slowest.
Give me a skinny Asian lady who's cold, efficient and fast ANY day!
- Death to America.
- Because they are angry, racist, stupid niggers. Dont pay attention to those stupid women, they are just miserable and hate white people.
You should tell them to go back to Africa if they hate white people so much.
- OP, why don't you move to rural Mississippi? I hear the negroes there are much more respectful of their white superiors. .
- Dear R453:
Because you are a nasty, sick, diseased faggot. Nobody should pay attention to stupid queens such as yourself, you are just miserable and hate other people.
Too bad your syphilitic mother didn't learn the proper use of a coat hanger.
Rightback atcha, slick.
- I have that problem when I use the self-check out machines.
- White gay boiz can be racist! WHO KNEW???
- There isn't one minority group that can take the high ground on victimhood alone.
- The folks who post knee-jerk racist remarks must live in a place where they don't see other races that often. If you are out in the world, like in NYC like me, you learn it's not so much of a racial thing as a social thing. Ignorance is color-blind and it's everywhere, so much so that we sometimes forget the numerous exceptions to the rule. Whenever I encounter a rude black woman, and believe me I have, I don't blame race. I blame ignorance. There's a kernel of truth in every stereotype. But not the whole cob.