- The book
- I love him. I even watched that shitty 500 days of Summer movie
- 1. He is not a genius.%0D\
2. See #1
- This isn''t enough ''Oh dear'' in the world to describe my reaction, OP.
- I think what he''s doing is great. Maybe R3 and R4 don''t know about his other side stuff. \
It''s not just about the book, it''s the whole collaborative thing he''s doing. And yeah, compared to most of the other vapid, actor bullshit out there, it''s pretty genius.
- I think he''s gorgeous. R2, is 500 days of Summer really that bad? ...I thought it got decent reviews. Anyway, I want to see it just to ogle him.
- Can you please stop abusing the word genius?
- R7, it''s worth sitting through to see him.
- I liked 500 Days, but I''m one of two people around here who likes Zooey Deschenel. (Zooey being the other.)
- How big do you think his dick is? Is he gay? A top or bottom?
- He''s a hipster, OP. Don''t confuse them.
- I like him. I''m just watching a rerun of Roseanne with him as DJ''s dorky friend, and it reminds me how far he''s come. And how talented he is.
- He is super talented. I loved him in Mysterious Skin. I just hope he doesn''t start pushing some cool persona image outside of his work.
- I remember reading he wasn''t part Asian as people said he was. He all Jewish. Which means HUGE PENIS!!!!!!
- There was a horrible scene where he was raped, by a man in Invisible Skin.\
It was so graphic
- He invented electricity.
- I liked him until I saw 500 Days of Summer. That has to be on the most terrible movies I have ever seen and that is saying a lot.
- [quote]There was a horrible scene where he was raped, by a man in Invisible Skin.It was so graphic\
That''s hot! Now I have to see it! Yumers!
- [quote]I love in the video how he talks about being ambivalent about Christmas.\
Well, yeah. Isn''t he jewish?\
Seems very decent and gay-friendly though.
- You DON''T want to see it. It is violent, bloody and very disturbing.\
It is a very violent rape
- He''s a junkie
- That MYSTERIOUS SKIN rape scene was pretty graphic.%0D\
What amazes me is that he made this film (he plays a teen hustler and there''s also a sex scene with him and an older man in a motel room) while still playing Tommy on 3rd Rock. It was during his last season, but I''m surprised that the producers were OK with doing such a controversial role.
- Not only did R21 call a vicious rape scene as hot, but he misspelled yummers.%0D\
He needs to leave now.
- I would LOVE to see his junk!
- Shoot. Make that: Call a vicious rape scene hot.%0D\
- I understand he''s recently made great strides toward finding a cure for cancer! Heck of a job, Joey!
- Is he, r24? I thought that was just his brother.
- He invented the country of Tunisia and Pay At The Pump.
- I would love to pay at his pump.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is the one who should be hosting the Oscars.
- r31 the is HAWT AND YUMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- [quote]call a vicious rape scene as hot, but he misspelled yummers.\
If "yumers" was a real word it would count but it isn''t.
- How many gay movies did he do?\
Emile Hirsch did 3\
James Franco-3 and another on the way
- His brother OD''d a few months ago :(
- is he a butt pirate?
- I just saw the end of "Brick", when Joseph''s character is standing in a high-school playing field. The camera lingers - as though longingly - on his full, sweet, sexy lips. %0D\
I would love to lock onto those...
- The rape scene wasn''t as hot as his narration of how he tried to get his Little League teammate''s dick and balls in his mouth at the same time like coach did, but he couldn''t, because his mouth was too small.
- Well what?
- He invented socks.
- Mysterious Skin was awful, didn''t care much for it. Loved Gordon in (500) Days of Summer.
How many gay movies did he do?\
Emile Hirsch did 3\
James Franco-3 and another on the way\
I think he plays gay on his next movie.
- [italic]Brick[/italic] is worth a look, especially if you like [italic]noir[/italic] movies. Rian Johnson proudly steals from [italic]The Maltese Falcon[/italic], among others.
- [quote]If "yumers" was a real word it would count but it isn''t.\
Doesn''t matter. The way he spells it, it''s pronounced "yoomers," and he''s clearly going for \
- Is qwerty1 Joseph Gordon Levitt or Jonathan Taylor Thomas?
i forgot who he''s supposed to be
- qwerty1 = Jonathan Taylor Thomas. He hasn''t been around for quite a while though.
- [quote]Doesn''t matter. The way he spells it, it''s pronounced "yoomers," and he''s clearly going for yummers.\
It still isn''t a word.
- qwerty1 is back? Where have you been?
Yes, I love the some of the authenticateds. Get over it.
- Oh, r54, I''ve always been around. I guess I just prefer to keep my thoughts anon on things like Ryan Gosling in wet white BVDs, tuna noodle casserole, and cam4.com.
- I really hated the Levitt character, what an idiot. First he enjoys being molested, then moves to New York to slut around as a whore and not use condoms? What a brilliant use of one's time on earth.
- He made a one-time appearance on That 70's Show as Eric's rich lab partner who has a crush on Eric and even kisses him.
- I think he's adorable.
- OP = Joseph Gordon Levitt
- R57, love this scene, too bad he did it with Topher Grace, it should have been Ashton.
- John Cameron Mitchell said that JGL submitted an audition tape for "Shortbus" and that they almost cast him.
Apparently, JGL did something fairly hardcore (jerking off, maybe?) in the tape, 'cause it's never been released.
I think he's a great actor, and I admit that I've had a fairly big crush on him since his Third Rock days (we're exactly the same age, so he was a teenage crush of mine).
He does, though, look better with his clothes ON.
- The world is saved!!!! Great concept, awesome book.. but genius?
- Typical 'mo. If he was a fugly you'd hate him
- Met him when he did the play Uncle Bob some years ago. I found him to be a pompous little twit. Hopefully, he's grown up since then.
- I understand that he's Jewish, but what is his ancestry? He seems half Asian.
- His ancestry is Jewish. He is not at all Asian, he just has small eyes.
- I like him very much. It's always hard to judge what a celeb is really like in life but he does seem pretty cool and grounded.
His brother was pretty hot.
- Why isn't anyone mentioning his award-worthy performance in 50/50?
It was supposed to be James McAvoy who dropped out pretty close to shooting (maybe he didn't want to shave his head). JG-L was the better choice.
- The worst thing about his performance in Looper is that he has to act like Bruce Willis. That's why it feels forced.
- Ok, don't kill me but he's like a shorter fuglier version of that other Jewish god - James Franco. JF is gorgeous and JGL looks like a shorter more Asian version.
- Don't let the OP shill that spam site, that set off my virus detector as potentially malicious.
- He's not a genius.
- Another DL anointed gay who turned out to be straight after all.
- oh hush! Both actors will do great work in the coming years.
- I can't wait for his "Shame"-lite movie from Sundance to be released.
- [quote]Met him when he did the play Uncle Bob some years ago. I found him to be a pompous little twit.
Not surprising. That's how he comes off in interviews.
- He looks Asian with them slant eyes. He's prolly just ashamed to admit it.
- I think he's a Mongol. Totally don't buy him as Jewish.
- I know someone who directed him in an off broadway play about a decade ago and said he couldn't have been nicer or more humble. He even coughed up some of his 3rd Rock $ when the show was about to close prematurely. Nice to see he's become a success..plus, he's talented, so he deserves it.
- He's a typical Silverlake hipster.
- I thought it was interesting when Morgan Freeman was being interviewed about The Dark Knight Rises, he was asked what it was like to work with such great actors.
When the interviewer mentioned JGL, the look on Freeman's face made it clear that he had NOT enjoyed working with JGL at all.
- Both Morgan Freeman and Michael Kaine thought he was a douche. And that says something.
- I really loved that Premium Rush movie.
- Forgot to mention:
Famously small cock and balls.
- [quote]Another DL anointed gay who turned out to be straight after all.
Oh, shut up. He was actually largely considered straight and turned out to be bisexual.
[quote]When the interviewer mentioned JGL, the look on Freeman's face made it clear that he had NOT enjoyed working with JGL at all.
Michael Cain was there too and didn't seem one bit more enthusiastic about JGL. Classic.
- Caine and Freeman said Bale is such a pleasure to work with. It must be true!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=christian bale tantrum&oq=christian bale tantrum&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...223006.227639.0.228184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1336.19j1.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.RdZgxq2WOfs
- Genius is such an overused term to describe someone so bland and boring.
- Saw him off-Broadway in "Uncle Bob" and he was terrific. Pretty much my favorite of the new generation of actors.
- [quote]When the interviewer mentioned JGL, the look on Freeman's face made it clear that he had NOT enjoyed working with JGL at all.
LMAO! JGL comes off as a smug little prick, so this doesn't surprise me.
- All of those people who live in Levittown have so much to be thankful for.
- There's a vid out there of JGL speaking to Caine at a premiere that shows Caine throwing such massive shade it quite forcefully and visibly shut down JGL but good.
- Can you post a link of video with Caine and JGL?
- [quote]Can you post a link of video with Caine and JGL?
If only there were some way everyone could find it!
- I suppose it's on youtube, r92. I don't have a link.
- He speaks perfect French! He is both a genius and yummers and he'll be the first French speaking gay bisexual genius Jewish president!
- JGL has always been pretty much liked here, so why are the usual scum suddenly attacking?
- And yet, r87, they couldn't find it in themselves to imply the tiniest positive thing about JGL. Interesting.
- R92 maybe Caine is an anti Semite or homophobe and that's why he hates JGL? Ever think of that? Maybe he's secretly attracted to JGL's undeniable sexiness, yummers, and genius and can't accept that in himself!
- JGL is an Asian like Bobby Van is an Asian. They both were Jews but had squint / slant eyes so they looked like gooks.
- JGL is an Asian like Bobby Van is an Asian. They both were Jews but had squint / slant eyes so they looked like gooks.
- Michael Caine is not an anit-semite, when he was younger his agent was Swifty Lazar and they were close friends.
I wonder why he doesn't like JGL consdering they also worked on Inception together
- r92 Much as I'm enjoying this little Caine and Freeman against JGL saga, wasn't that just a gif that is made to look that way (I think it moves backwards?) as a joke because of the hilarious interview? I don't think there is true hatred. My guess would be they just found him rather annoying.
I'd forgotten about Bobby Van, he looked Asian too. It's those squint eyes.
I wonder if Bobby Van is JGL father.
- A true hunk!
- All these questions about his sexuality - why do you want to know? Are you looking for a mate, sex with a movie star or just looking to invade the guys's privacy? OMG he's an adult & no he isn't celebate like nearly everyone else. Who cares who he's doin' unless you got your sights set on him?
Bobby Van was ugly.
- 500 days of Summer is hilarious and totally charming. JGL is great in it. He's got tremendous range. Mysterious Skin and 50/50 are also excellent, just as two examples
- I adore him
- Wrote and directed a comedy about a guy addicted to jerking off. described as lot's of shots of tissues dropping into a waste basket. Sold it at Sundance and would only sign if guaranteed a 2000 screen summer release. He thinks it can compete with the Seth Rogan, Paul Rudd type "R" rated movies.
- It's gotten bad reviews so far, but just to see him pretending to jerk is enough for me to see it.
- [quote]I love in the video how he talks about being ambivalent about Christmas.
Uh, isn't he Jewish? Why would he be celebrating Christmas anyway?
- What a douche.
- r113, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you've got a few good qualities.
- He's going to be at the Oscars today.
- [quote]He's going to be at the Oscars today.
- Please. What makes Freeman and Caine the supreme court for character judgement? Is Freeman still fucking his step-granddaughter?
- Who's his date?
- *oscar date.
- He made that awful Don Jon movie only to bang Scarlett.
Now he's dreaming of getting Mila Kunis.
- R120 Huh? He's straight? And if so, why does everyone act like Mila is so fucking wonderful?
In any case, this guy's starting to get overexposed and when I hear about his little short films and side projects, it makes me think he's going to end up James Franco 2.0. Joey already has the same pretentious attitude like James.
- Yep, he's a douche. I heard he has a pretentious on set behavior. James' career is almost over.
- He's smug.
- His handle is JoGo
- r121 He's bi. Did he fuck Scarlett? Seems like r20 is just assuming. I think Mila is a very hot girl, but I don't know if she is available.
- I don't like Zooey, so it was hard to enjoy 500 Days.
- Zooey, Mila and Scarlett are overrated and annoying.
- He fucked Scarlett on a first day of shooting.
- Oh my god he's full of himself
- R129 You're right - he's turning into another James Franco.
- I may be in the minority on this one but I don't like JGL at all, his face, his acting, his mannersim.. to me it all screams "trying too hard"
- Michael Fassbender is ten times better than him.
- He's a difficult case. Proof
- James Franco is over.
- I like him. The 'say no to vertical video' clip is hilarious (the argument of George Lucas releasing ANOTHER Star Wars edition sold me 'lol').
The premise of the Don Jon film is insteresting and yet in itself quite basic (starcossed lovers coming from two different worlds).
- [quote]I may be in the minority on this one but I don't like JGL at all, his face, his acting, his mannersim.. to me it all screams "trying too hard"
It's not just you - I don't like him either. He's like those annoying hipster/artsy people in college that think they're so much more enlightened than everyone else. And his face is weird - it looks youthful and old at the same time.
- Some people see him as smug or too cocky while others see him as just being confident.
- Who writes an open letter complaining about a film review that complained about film? Asshole.
- R138 He sounds like a real crybaby.
- Seriously, though. Why does he always complain?
- R140 I guess these celebs are just so far removed from reality and so used to being around "yes" men that kiss their ass all the time that when someone actually disagrees with them, they fall apart and cry because they can't handle it. It's pathetic.
- Brilliant post. Thank you.
- I'm so glad the hype of JGL and Ryan G is starting to fade.
- No, R19 and R45, it was the Internet.
In that old television series he was in, look for him sitting in his underwear on the roof. Hairy legs. My first tv "crush." Nice!
- Why would you make me read this boring old "open letter"? He is not complaining about a review, which was not complaining about a film either. He merely defends ~his generation~ against the claim they are as lame as "The Social Network" shows them to be, because he apparently is an internet blogger who sometimes blogs shit on the internet. There is absolutely no reason to link it years later.
God, you anti-fangirls are the worst, no matter the object of your obsession.
- No hating here, but honestly I don't find anything compelling or exceptional in him, on and off-screen...most of his works can easily be replaced by other ordinary actors.
- Agree r146
- Neither do we.
- He's no Rebel Wilson
- R146 I agree - I don't get the hype either.
- Sorry most up and coming "new" talents are mediocre or OK at best.
Dont get the hype about Fassbender, Gosling Levitt - esp. Levitt. He looks stupid and doesn't have charisma or talent! He is just being hyped by PR consultants, agents and studios.
- Fassbender is great.
- I think Fassbender and Tom Hardy are the best of the new breed of actors. Have not seen any films of Ryan Gosling. Joseph Gordon Levitt seems full of himself but he is not as bad as that smug asshole Shia Labeouf. Glad Labeouf's career is in the toilet.
- Levitt took some time off after his sitcom success to go to college and then made a comeback with indie movies. People may find him creepy, but when it comes to his career he made quite a lot of good choices and decisions.
- Fassbenders reputation as a good actor comes from his willingness to play edgy and controversial characters. That does not necessary mean you are a great actor. I would love to see his Brandon role in Shame played by someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Javier Bardem or Joaquin Phoenix. Even give Tom Hiddleston a shot at it and I bet all of them were WAY more interesting than Fassbender. He is hype and he has a large cock, not much more.
- No R155, it is the fact he has taken on a variety of complex roles and impressed people with all of them. Even in the godawful Prometheus movie his performance was noted by a lot of critics and it was once again a very different role.
- [quote]It's not just you - I don't like him either. He's like those annoying hipster/artsy people in college that[sic] think they're so much more enlightened than everyone else. And his face is weird - it looks youthful and old at the same time.
I agree about him being a hipster cliche - still, he's adorable.
He was great in Looper. He even seemed to pick up on Willis' inexplicable habit of breaking into a southern accent - sometimes in the same sentence.
- I keep trying to like this guy, but I just don't. He just doesn't excite me.
- He always looks like he just woke up.
- Or just lit up...
- [quote]He was great in Looper. He even seemed to pick up on Willis' inexplicable habit of breaking into a southern accent - sometimes in the same sentence.
Really? It tried three times to watch "Looper". His make-up was ludicrous. He looked nothing like Willis and was ridiculously distracting. The film itself was a big old mess.
- The makeup made him look like Kirk Cameron, but I thought he did a pretty good job playing Willis.
- Hot (starting @:56 mark):
- FFS, can someone confirm if he's gay or not?
- Haven't read through this thread, but someone on here claimed he was once in a tumultuous relationship with Michael Pitt.
- I adore him
- R165 Thanks! That's interesting.
I think he's very cute,sweet,talented and genuine.
He's going to be the next Batman!
- Too short to be Batman.
- [quote]FFS, can someone confirm if he's gay or not?
32, never been associated with a girlfriend, and can do anything on SNL and chooses a show tune.
- One reason I've always liked him is that for most of his career, (for almost 20 years since he hit puberty) he hasn't tried to play the hollywood shomance game of oooh... look at me and the hot celeb chick I'm dating this month.
- [quote]He made that awful Don Jon movie only to bang Scarlett.
More likely her twin brother.
- R170 Yes, those were the things that were making me wonder. Glad I'm not the only one.
R171 You are right. I give him credit for not resorting to the showmance shit.
- Oh dear, not packing:
- R174 What on earth is that picture from???
- He'd make a perfect Nightwing.
- He'd make a perfect nightcap.
- [quote]Oh dear, not packing
Well, you could have assumed by him practically throwing his back out in "Mysterious Skin" by constantly twisting and turning away from the camera avoiding a full frontal.
- I saw Mysterious Skin r178, and there was no out of the ordinary avoidance. Typical of most movies that don't show the dong.
- [quote] there was no out of the ordinary avoidance
- Hey [R 167] here is a link to the BI about Joe and Pitt.
- He's the fella in the blue ball cap playing the box here...it was a memorial for his late brother a fire spinner....the fella on the megaphone is one of the kids from that Scott Baio show back in the day
- he's a great narrator and seems to do well with Channing
- With all due respect to his brother (RIP), I can smell the patchouli mixed with BO and hemp from here, R182.
It's one thing to be doing that when you're in your late teens/20s, but some of the people were middle-aged. Do they have jobs?
- huh? the United states REEKS with pot, you need to get out more often. I don't smoke but the US is the biggest consumer of marijuana ever, and not exclusive to the 20's set.
I work in a corporate world and find it rare to encounter someone who DOESN'T smoke dope.
- Is he a top or bottom?
- he seems a true versatile
- Actually Lainy revealed it was JGL in the scared straight blind item which she nicknamed JGL "dimples", at one of her Smut Fest last year, by someone in the audience asking who it was? Her reply which she can never say it flat out, said in response, something about 500 days of summer... And also writing on her site with JGL in the pics about his "dimples"
The item was about Bi JGL being involved with allegedly through estimations by fans it was M. Pitt, but that Pitt became cray cray and it scared JGL back 2 his straight side. With Pitt allegedly threatening to kill himself etc...
- [quote].the fella on the megaphone is one of the kids from that Scott Baio show back in the day
Yikes, it is him. How in the hell did you know?
- Would somebody mind doing an English translation of r188. It seems like it might be interesting, but I can't tell.
- [quote]JGL is an Asian like Bobby Van is an Asian. They both were Jews but had squint / slant eyes so they looked like gooks.
R101, are you Jerri Blank?
- R190: Some chick with a gossip site was at some event(?) about gossip and revealed it was JGL without actually saying his name. She brought up his '500' movie and the audience just guessed.
And Michael Pitt is crazy, so JGL went back to fucking chicks - I've noticed some nasty cold sores on the guy, so he's quite the slut.
Is it that hard to carry around abreva?
- [quote]Some chick with a gossip site was at some event(?) about gossip and revealed it was JGL
Sorry r192, but I'm looking for a native English speaker. I have no idea what "at some event(?) about gossip" means. And you don't explain what "it" refers to.
And for "he" and "the guy" it's unclear whether you're talking about JGL or MP.
- Ugh r190 has cunt munch!
Lainey 3/21/12: Scared Straight
Both are acclaimed actors. One’s an actor you find super cute. He’s popular and adorable, like dimples and old fashioned dresses. The other’s an actor I find super gross. And dramatic. And full of his own sh-t. He fronts like he’s dark. He’s difficult. The work is often beneath him. The work is often taken away from him because the attitude that it is beneath him is so often intolerable The two had a torrid affair. Which is nothing unusual, of course not. Except that dimples broke up with drama and drama practically had a psychotic break. There was a month-long spiral. A couple of times he came close to really hurting himself. He also threatened to expose them both, though no one is taking that seriously. As a result, his heartbreaker is trying, ignorantly, to go back to the other side of his bisexuality.
Lainey has eliminated Jake G, James Franco, Matt Morrison
****At her smut soiree, Lainey revealed this to be about Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Pitt.
- Well that's sort of clear except for the beginning that seems to begin like you walked into the explanation about 1 minute late. There should be a beginning explanation, such as, "I know 2 male actors who have had sex together and here's how I know."
How reliable is this info? I mean somebody could have made it up. I'd want Joseph Gordon Levitt to have gotten together with Nicholas Hoult, or maybe Alex Frost back in his Elephant Days. That's what I would have made up.
- r195... Fuck off. This is datalounge not cnn. Take it as you will.
- What is wrong with r196?
- [quote]What is wrong with [R196]?
Probably got a bad batch of Aunt Jemima pancakes. That can make anybody angry. Or maybe he didn't know how to make them. It's not always easy. Too often they end up burnt and people blame Aunt Jemima herself, as if she caused the awful food. But it's not true. Pancakes are VERY hard to make and Jemima offers good advice if more people would just listen.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is so HOT right now!
- Didn't he split the atom--or was that some other little balding Jew?
- [quote]He made that awful Don Jon movie only to bang Scarlett.
You must be his publicist.
[quote]That collective howl you hear outside right now are straight women who've heard the not-so blind item suggesting reports about Scarlett Johansson's alleged trysts with Joseph Gordon-Levitt were just to cover up the fact he's into guys. The item: "This sexy movie actress and this intense actor have been friends since they were kids. She definitely has a higher profile than he does, but lately he has been landing some big roles as well. When reports about them playing kissy face started to appear recently, it was puzzling because they make for a rather odd match. Well, we have a scoop for you. It's not a real relationship. Just a temporary bearding gig." Normally, this fan fiction is good for nothing more than a giggle, but because it's JGL I'm taking the Scar-Jo Match Point and Scoop movie hints as straight up fact. Sorry, ladies! [Blind Gossip]
- [quote]Didn't he split the atom--or was that some other little balding Jew?
Meitner wasn't balding. Just a rather unfortunate-looking, but brilliant woman.