- Ah, the Liberace Memorial thread.%0D
- Calvin Klein
- Anderson Cooper.%0D\
- Wentworth Miller%0D\
- Another vote for Queen Latifah.
- Definitely Anderson Cooper. At this point, its laughable.
- In what universe is Victor Garber not out?
- Richard Simmons
- But is Anderson Cooper technically in the closet? I mean, he''s not Grand Marshall of the Gay Pride parade, but I think everyone knows he''s gay. I always thought being in the closet meant someone who is actively pretending to be straight by marrying an assistant (Rock Hudson) or acting giddy about members of the opposite sex (Rosie O''Donnell in the 90s.)
- [quote]acting giddy about members of the opposite sex\
You can do that without being straight
- Same thing r9 said - for Richard Simmons
- In my opinon r9, if there are still vast majorities of people who don''t know that you''re gay, then you''re in the closet. He may not be bearding, be he hasn''t said it either. He''s in the gloset.
- Taylor Swift
- [quote]If there are still vast majorities of people who don''t know that you''re gay, then you''re in the closet\
Blimey, I''ll have to take out an ad in the national press
- OP - add Clay Aitken and Elton John to the examples of previous lame closets.%0D\
Is Butch Fat Chick who sang Fast Cars out?
Forgot her name
- If this were DL in 1950, Barbara Stanwyck would have owned this thread
- I agree with r9. I don''t really see Latifah as closeted either since she doesn''t deny things. There were those pics recently of her and her gf snuggling on a boat. If QL had issued some bullshit statement saying she was just looking for a splinter in her personal trainer''s ass or something, that would be closeted.%0D\
People don''t all have to come out like Lance Bass. It''s okay to slip out of the closet.
- 3 way tie:\
Jake Gyllenhaal, Hayden Christensen, Zac Efron
- Well what has Latifah ever done for gay marriage equality? DADT? AIDS? She certainly shows up for a lot of non-gay charities.
- Bradley Cooper
- Ryan Seacrest%0D\
The entire cast of GMA (save for JuJu)
- [quote]Ah, the Liberace Memorial thread.\
No, that''s held annually in May.\
This is the Merv Griffin Memorial thread.
- People should give to charities - gay, straight, whatever. But giving to charity doesn''t equal coming out of the closet. Separate issues.
- Female: Queen Latifah and Jodie Foster%0D\
Male: Zachary Quinto%0D\
They just need to say it.
- r12, vast majorities of people believe that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and that evolution is a bogus, elaborate conspiracy theory. \
Just because the true information is out there for any moron to find doesn''t mean that lots of morons WILL find it (or believe it). The blame for this doesn''t rest on queer celebrities.
- Keanu Reeves
- Oh come on guys! Taylor Lautner wins!%0D\
Not to mention Kristen Stewar, Ellen Page, Jodie.
- Keanu Reeves seems totally uninterested in the spotlight. How can he be "the most embarrassingly obvious yet closeted" star?%0D\
John Travolta gets my vote.
- Jake Fake Gyllenhaal
- Okay, if I can cast my one vote for Robsten, maybe they get it.
- [quote]But is Anderson Cooper technically in the closet? I mean, he''s not Grand Marshall of the Gay Pride parade, but I think everyone knows he''s gay. %0D\
No, they don''t know he''s gay. The hausfraus hear the rumors but know that if they have one night in bed with him, he''ll be forever straight. There are a lot of stupid women across this land. Until he announces that he''s gay, he''s NOT out.
- R17, after those pics of Queen and her gf surfaced, the gf gave an interview and said that she''s straight. That''s what Queen has been saying all these years. The most embarrasing interview of all was when she said that the gay rumors were ruining her chances of finding a man. \
A lot of the celebs mentioned in this thread may not be out but they have never said that they are straight. The most embarrasingly closeted gay celeb is Queen Latifah hands down.
- r32, if that''s true then I stand corrected and will add Latifah to my list with Revolta and Robsten.
- Jodi Foster.
- John Mahoney, the father on Fraiser, irritates me. What possible harm could it to to him personally or professionally at this point? Yet he still did that interview a couple years ago where he denied it.
- r 354: He''s an elderly, guiltridden Irish Catholic.
- [quote]Is Butch Fat Chick who sang Fast Cars out?\
Tracy Chapman? I believe she''s out, but she was never fat.
- I love Latifah; she can do no wrong as far as I''m concerned. If you haven''t figured out who she is by now, then fuck you. Jodie Foster is ridiculous at this point though, and Travolta is just shady. Tom Cruise has been a joke forever. Give Lautner a few years and he''ll come out. He''s got fangirls to please right now. Ricky Martin and Lance Bass understand.
- I am straight but i wonder, if these Celebrities stay in in the closet because of their Career or they are ashamed to be gay?
- John Travolta.
- Ever since Gyllenhaal got with Taylor Swift, it has to be him. I wasn''t even sure if he was gay before then (it could have just been wishful thinking), but that is the fakest relationship in the history of fake relationships. Also considering Taylor''s history (Lautner and Joe Jonas), it''s just really sad.
- I loved Latifah too, way back to when i first heard her rap version of Bowie''s Fame (called Fame90) but i lost a lost of respect for her when she claimed she''s straight.
- What does anyone see in Taylor Swift, btw? She''s more squinty than Renee "Sour Lemon Candy" Zellweger.
- K E V I N S P A C E Y
- Oh, hell yes, r44! How could we forget his royal highness?
- Will Smith%0D\
- R43: next to Gaga and Beyonce, she''s the most popular female pop star in America. Beyonce is married, I doubt Gaga would be receptive to such bullshit, so that leaves you Taylor if you''re looking for some major press.
- Richard Simmons owns this thread.
The Ghost of Liberace
- Kanye West, P-Diddy
- Revolta. Every time he and Kelly do those "We''re so in love" interviews I roll my eyes.%0D\
Latifah denied being gay years ago, but doesn''t do that anymore. She doesn''t use beards, either, so I''d say that makes her slightly better than Revolta
- [quote]But is Anderson Cooper technically in the closet? I mean, he''s not Grand Marshall of the Gay Pride parade, but I think everyone knows he''s gay. \
Anderson was with his bf at his bar last night and he does live an openly gay life, BUT, since he has never said he only dates men and has a male partner, the assumption is automatic that he''s straight. This will never clear up until he says something and apparently he has no intention of doing that.
- Barry Diller
- Another vote for Jake 'I REFUSE to come out' Gyllenhaal.%0D
[quote] I wasn't even sure if he was gay before then (it could have just been wishful thinking), but that is the fakest relationship in the history of fake relationships.%0D
Well I can't believe people sat through the obvious and ridiculous fauxmance with Reese Witherspoon or have glossed over how many hook ups with actresses this guy has 'supposedly' had and never wondered whether they're being fed a load of bullshit from some pr flack's mighty pen. %0D
The almost daily 'invasion' into Gyllenhaal Cruise's 'private' but somehow always-VERY-public-heterosexual-affairs is classic ding!ding! closet case territory. Real couples don't need or want the exposure. They go out of their way to hide it because it's special and personal. Real straight couples don't feel the need to lay their sexuality bare for all. %0D
It's amazing that he's never been able to keep any of his relationships private without tons of details and picture ops leaking out while larger stars manage to be much less over-exposed.%0D
The strollling with Swift pics were the best yet, since she's actually promoting the coffee cup/cafe brand name while they walk. You couldn't make this shit up!
- Travolta, really?\
He''s an old man now, no one really cares except some bitter old queens who never liked him the first place.\
Queen Latifah is far and away the most obvious. The rest of these celebrities are too young, too old, or not obvious enough.
- [quote]or not obvious enough.%0D\
Who died and made you judge? Did you bring the ball to the game? %0D\
Jodie Foster not obvious enough?
- Bradley Cooper. Everyone knows he''s gay. What rich and famous male would be in a relationship with Renee Z? It makes no sense.
- r53, "real straight couples" don''t consist of two famewhores. Hollywood couples do. Their romances get positive press for these people and that is their livelihood. Flaunting a straight relationship is very weak evidence that a star is gay.%0D\
That said, a completely obvious bullshit relationship like Jake & Taylor is a different story.
- Come on, guys! \
OPRAH WINFREY. hands down.
- It has to be the Queen. Anderson is close but a lot of people don''t realize he''s gay, whereas, Queen Latifah is demonstrably gay.
- The key words here are "Embarrassingly Obvious"\
Richard Simmons OWNS this thread.
- Hello? Taylor Lautner is flaming!\
Isn''t it obvious?
- Jodie Foster officially came out a couple years ago.
- Why are you people even discussing this? It''s Tom Cruise, no question. Even the so-called "fraus" gossip about him now.%0D\
- [quote]Jodie Foster officially came out a couple years ago.%0D\
When? Where? Link please!%0D\
That''s news to me
- Look at how Sherri Shepherd is trying not to laugh at his obvious Taylor L Is
- r55, Jodie Foster doesn''t pretend to that she''s into men.
- Jodie Foster link, as requested.%0D\
I can''t believe several people on this thread forgot. We even did a big thread on it here.
- R64, it was at that awards ceremony, where she thanked her "partner" or "beloved partner whatsername", can''t remember exactly. So personally I consider her out, even though some don''t because she never did the "I''m gay!" mag cover or something.
- hmmm r67, nowhere there is it said by Jodie that she''s gay, It is only speculated because she thanked "my beautiful Cydney".%0D\
A straight person can say that and just be talking about someone very dear to them.%0D\
Sorry, to "officially" come out You.Have.To.Say.I''m.Gay%0D\
- Both Scientology princes: Tom and John.\
Embarrassing because of the elaborate bearding, contracts, fake pregnancies.\
Way worse than Anderson Cooper not actually saying: "I''m gay."
- Fine, R69, but that doesn''t make Jodie one of the "Most Embarrassingly Obvious Yet Closeted Gay Celebrities"...when she''s pretty much out.
- Has Taylor Swift had a gf?
- Swift is straight.
- Taylor Swift is Dian Fossey of the American popular culture. She "dates" these lower primates so that she could describe their mating habits on her upcoming album.
- R17 you are sadly wrong. Latifah and her girlfriend both did big denial interviews recently saying they were not lesbians, not bisexual, 100% straight cock lovers. And insulted we''d think otherwise!
- Whatever, publicly addressing your partner in intimate, affectionate terms is good enough for me.
- Kevin Spacey won''t come out of the closet because he knows all those deeply embarrassing stories of how he''s sexually harrassed fellow actors, busboys, cable guys, massage therapists, etc. will come tumbling out, too. Same goes for Travolta.
- Taylor Swift dated John Mayer. Even wrote a bitter song about it, something along the lines of "don''t you think a 19-year-old is a bit too young for your lies and twisted games."%0D\
Now I''m convinced that Mayer is deeply in the closet and a self hating fuck.
- Federina, especially when mincing around in the blazer and all-white ensemble. And Nadal also. The way those two simper all over each other. During that exhibition out-take clip, Federer touches Rafa''s leg every other second. I thought at one point he was going to sit on his lap.
- R80, link please!
- Tammy Cruise%0D\
No, because he has not played the craven ''this is my gfriend/wife'' charade.
- What about the dead ones, like Mary Martin and Lena Horne?
- Taylor Lautner and Justin Timberlake.
- Oy vey. It''s painful to watch Jodie Foster try and be romantic with Mel Gibson
- "What about the dead ones, like Mary Martin and Lena Horne?"%0D\
Michael Jackson. Look at me, I just happened to get married and fall in love when a boy said I fondled him and sucked him off! Then I had babies with a woman I deeply loved, even though we never lived together!%0D\
- Yeah, "boy" as in child, R87. Jackson was a pedophile.
He''s not a celebrity but Mitch McConnell screams closet case.
- Latifah likes classy ladies:\
[quote]I just like ladies who have class. And if it''s ''T and A'' you''re selling, that''s fine...You can hold some back and let your personality shine...To me, that''s sexier.
- That is a good healthy quote from the Queen and a step on the right road.
- I''d say Anderson Cooper but no one gives a shit about him anymore.
- The general rule of thumb for celebrities:\
Either you play by the rules of Hollywood''s / the media''s elite or you let Hollywood''s / the media''s elite believe you play by their rules.
It''s not lying when they make you to
- Kristen Stewart\
Jillian Michaels. She says she''s bi and open to love in general, she''s obviously GAY, posts pictures of her gf all over her FB and twitter but refuses to acknowledge her relationship, keeps mentionning boyfriends on her radio show and flirts with men when cameras are around. Rudely sent AfterEllen packing when they requested an interview. I don''t get it.
- John Travolta
- Latifah never bothers me. I guess I''m just a fan and I really don''t care.%0D\
The actors who are gay and have a million fan girls...their fans get on my nerves.
- Taylor Lautner, Kevin Spacey, Kristin Stewart, Ellen Page, Kate Moennig, Clea Duvall.
- Some people take the lame pretense to the grave. I know of a certain pop star who would have owned this thread.
Lisa Marie Presley
- R10, exactly.\
Rosie gets such shit for going ga-ga over Tom Cruise.\
Hell, I''m gay. I DON''T want him but yeah, I''d probably go ga-ga over him if he were in front of me turing on that charm.\
- Can I just say that Travolta makes me gag. Him and his fake wife and phony family. Fuck him to hell and back. He''s digusting.
- A lot of the people mentioned here don''t seem to be okay with their sexuality if indeed they are gay. Bradley, Cruise, Travolta, Efron, etc. If they are gay - they are fucked up and in denial or hoping to change. Like many non-celebrity gays.%0D\
It''s the people living perfectly out lives in their day to day that seem to be more on the verge. Ellen, Ricky Martin, Rosie, Neil Patrick Harris - all were living gay lives and not married, etc. before they came out.%0D\
I think Matt Bomer, Zachary Quinto, Anderson Cooper, Queen Latifah, the guy from Big Bang Theory - those are the people more likely to make everyone say "duh" when they do finally make the People Magazine covers for "bravely" coming out.%0D
- I dont think Jake G is gay but Taylor Lautner is.
- George Clooney
- Henry Cavill.
- At this stage nothing beats the obvious embarrassment of Luke Evans. But since he''s mostly famous for being embarrassingly obvious (along with his PR) I''m not sure he qualifies as "celebrity".
- "If this were DL in 1950, Barbara Stanwyck would have owned this thread"%0D\
Really? I would have picked Tyrone Power.%0D\
- R101, there is NO DOUBT that Travolta is gay and I''m ashamed of him.
- Jake G. is gay. When will people get that through their head? Never?
- There may be no doubt in our minds that Travolta is gay but something keeps him married to Kelly Preston. That tells me he has some issues that probably stem from Scientology. He seems unable to control his homosexual tendencies but seems to be one those people I knew from church as a kid who were upstanding church goers but unable to keep from going out to get laid in the bushes at night. I doubt any of them identified as gay either.
- Why do people think Jake G. is gay? Brokeback Mountain doesn''t count.
- Anderson has never paraded around a fake girlfriend. He''s never uttered the words "Yes, I''m straight" in any interview EVER.\
So why is he even on this list????\
We''re talking about the "most embarrassingly obvious" cases here. Cooper doesn''t qualify.
- R110 is an idiot. Brokeback Mountain has nothing to do with Jake being gay. Just shutup, stupid.
- Is Holland Taylor ''fessing up @ 2:48 in this video?
- I don''t see her confessing, R113.
- R112, Do you wonder how I could be so ignorant in the face of all the evidence you provided?
- Finally, r103.%0D\
Clooney pings so hard, that, each time he appears on TV to promote his latest project, it shatters my Princess House crystal champagne flutes.%0D\
102 responses before Clooney is mentioned?%0D\
- Thanks, Della -- I''m still laughing!
- "I love Latifah; she can do no wrong as far as I''m concerned. If you haven''t figured out who she is by now, then fuck you. Jodie Foster is ridiculous at this point though"%0D\
How is Jodie more ridiculous than Jodie when Latifah lies (and gets her gf to lie, too) while Jodie doesn''t? Fuck you for not figuring out who she is?! People do know who she is, but she continues to lie anyway....%0D\
Everyone knows she is gay. She has no reason to lie anymore.%0D\
- "Kate Moennig"\
She played a guy on "Young Americans", so that should be a clue right there.
- R119, how did they ever date each other? Totally fake or what?
- Luke Evans
- "I dont think Jake G is gay but Taylor Lautner is."%0D\
Jake Gyllenhaal is gay as a goose - fake relationships with Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift were really embarrassing.
- I will only believe that Jake is gay if I see/read credible rumors or a real statement , blind items with 100 hidden babies and anonymous messages don''t count . And Reese and Taylor are only proof that he''s a famewhore , not that he''s gay.
- R123 = resident, retarded DL troll - do fuck off!%0D\
- R123 is right, and I agree with them. Gyllenhaal's straight. I also agree some people are obssessed about him because he played the character who bottomed in BBM. %0D
Deny it all you like, tell people to STFU, and call people names. That doesn't alter reality. There's absolutely no solid proof of him ever being sexual with a man. Nada.%0D
Some people are limited in their understanding about "Hollywood" practices, and don't know as much as they think they do. %0D
Of course there's the gay/straight bearding practice! But that's just one category. Generally, bearding, or "it was a blind date, we met thru a friend(publicist)," meme happens when talent agencies like CAA, WME, etc. put people together to up someone's profile or improve their image. It often has nothing to do with sexual orientation, but rather about marketing the brand, and/or damage control.%0D
The old time studio practices of hooking people up are still done, and it has everything to do with image. You have no idea how many issues need to be covered up to make some of these vermin viable. %0D
Many of the so called glamour queens would either gross you out, (they don't bathe!) or they're ordinary beyond words. Hollywood often forces the strange, ugly, and eccentric to be promoted as ordinary, while they insist that the ordinary be glammed up. They're selling a lifestyle most of the time, a brand.%0D
In answer to OP's question, I'd put Ryan Reynolds on the top of the list, with Kevin Spacey, and Zachary Quinto, (who was shoved back in the closet against his wishes,) along with Queen Latifah. I have to wonder about Chris Pine. not sure about him.
- Since I''ve yet to see BBM, that certainly doesn''t influence my thinking about Gyllenhaal. His travels with McBongo (the epitome of bi) and Lance Armstrong tell the story. The crew member on the Mediterranean yacht chartered by Gyllenhaal and Armstrong had some tales to tell, though it was a translation from French. Does anyone still have the link?
- There is not one single tangible shred of evidence that George Clooney is gay. Nothing. Saying ''he pings" is not any kind of evidence or proof. Get over it, queens & move on. There is nothing to see here. He''s straight.
- [quote]There is not one single tangible shred of evidence that George Clooney is gay.%0D\
Waldo is posting his usual b.s.
- [quote]I will only believe that Jake is gay if I see/read credible rumors or a real statement , blind items with 100 hidden babies and anonymous messages don''t count . And Reese and Taylor are only proof that he''s a famewhore , not that he''s gay.%0D\
Then why the fuck do you people end up here and spend so much time here then?%0D\
If you didn''t think there was a grain of truth to this lot you wouldn''t spend lots of your time here.%0D\
And yes whatever Gyllenhaal is he is deeply closeted, like may of Hollywood''s sons.%0D\
[quote]Deny it all you like, tell people to STFU, and call people names. That doesn''t alter reality. There''s absolutely no solid proof of him ever being sexual with a man. Nada.%0D\
What is reality to you is very far from reality to Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Rick Perry!
- How in the fuck can you state unequivocally that someone is gay??? Even if you had Jake''s cock in your mouths it doesn''t necessarily mean he''s gay, bitches.
- R127, it depends on how you look at it. Does he ping? yes. Does he have gay mannersims? yes. Is he queeny at times? yes. Has there been rumors about him being in gay relationships? yes. Not technically "proof" but at least it''s something. I think Clooney is gay, or at the very least bi. It''s just the opinion I have from interpreting different interviews etc.\
But then again.. why the hell are you here if you don''t like gossip? This is a GOSSIP site, a GAY gossip site. Of course we''ll believe that every celebrity is gay, what do you expect? lol. Besides, I think it''s kinda lames and moronic to come to a gay gossip site and ask for proof, would it really be gossip anymore? Don''t think so. Please just crawl back to the fangirl cave where you came from, and let us get on with the gossiping. Like I said, you are always free to leave if you don''t like it, but please respect those who actually do want to talk about Clooney, Gyllenhal etc.
- r127, why is Clooney being het so important to you?
- R131 = Fiona fangirl. She probably thinks Matt Bomer is straight, even after the kissing pics where he had his tongue down another man''s throat. LMAO.
- Kristen Stewart is the most miserable looking closet case ever.
- I agree about Kristen...she looks like one miserable girl. Hate her.%0D\
What about Ryan Seacrest? What a fool...just like his mentor.
- True, R135. But some people said she was miserable because she didn''t yet realize that she''s gay. I mean.. HALLO?!?! her gayness is visible from outer space! How can she not know when it''s so visible to everyone else? I call BS, I mean.. she must know, not knowing would be too weird.
- Jake is gay. %0D\
I think Ehrenstein feels the need to keep him straight.
- I''ve had some questions about Chris Pine but he doesn''t embarrass himself...old fools like Travolta, they embarrass the whole human race.
- [quote]I think Ehrenstein feels the need to keep him straight.%0D\
Along with Lena Horne. %0D
- Do you think there are celebrities all over Hollywood reading this thread biting their fingernails hoping their names don''t get mentioned?
- [quote]But some people said she was miserable because she didn''t yet realize that she''s gay.\
I''m sure she knows. But either she''s so repressing it''s making her insane, or there''s so much pressure to appear straight and in a highly orchestrated showmance that it''s making her act like a miserable cunt.
- Anderson behaves on the air that he has never had any interest in any human being. That timeline on his new Anderson website never mentions, ahh yes, when I met and fell in love with my beloved wife (husband), if it were a straight news anchor, something like this would more likely have been mentioned.\
And Barry Diller is laughable - he has boy toy parties without Diane there, why did he marry her? or maybe the question is why did she marry him? for money and more power?
- How many single straight females hoping to go the Anderson''s daytime show in hopes of him meeting and falling in love with them? more than one I bet.
- I heard that Barry Diller married DVF because he loves her kids and wants them to be his heirs or something like that.\
[quote]Anderson behaves on the air that he has never had any interest in any human being.\
He''s NEVER said that he''s been in love or even had a relationship or DATED for that matter, he has of course, but it''s strange for someone his age to still be so reticent about showing that side of his life. He thinks his giggle fit makes him more human, maybe it does, but actually acknowledging that he''s in love with someone would be much more effective.
- [quote]but something keeps him married to Kelly Preston\
Scientology collects incriminating personal information (that''s what it''s ABOUT) and then blackmails celebrities to promote the cult.\
It''s a Roach Motel.
- I agree too R124, there is no proof of Jake G being gay, the guy only dates women.
- We call her "King of Queen Latifah."
- R145: since when do you have to be married to someone to leave your money to their kids? less inheritance taxes?
- "There''s absolutely no solid proof of him ever being sexual with a man. Nada."%0D\
Kind of funny coming from someone who insists that Ryan Reynolds is gay with no proof.%0D\
You insist you know how Hollywood works, but you apparently don''t know that there usually isn''t "solid proof" that someone is gay because the mainstream media doesn''t out people and the tabloids usually don''t either. %0D\
Why do you think Chris Pine and Ryan Reynolds are gay, but not Jake Gyllenhaal? You make no sense.%0D
- Chris Pine may or may not be gay. I''m not sure about that one yet. Zachary Quinto is obviously gay though.
- Anderson is the winner here.\
Jake G -- not gay\
Bradley Cooper -- not gay\
Zachary Quinto -- gay but who cares\
Queen Latifa -- gay but who cares\
AC 360 is doing us all a disservice. It''s really sad. I''m sad for him as an educated member of society and as a gay men. When he does come out, please don''t embrace him, his silence on this has meant a setback for the LGBT community and it''s not one that we should forget. I don''t hate him but damn, I wish he''d chosen to play things a little differently. Whatever reasoning he will give does not explain this away. It''s just an individual that lacks courage. Plain and simple.
- "Jake G -- not gay Bradley Cooper -- not gay Zachary Quinto -- gay but who cares Queen Latifa -- gay but who cares"%0D\
As if you are an expert on which celebs are gay! %0D\
And people do care about Queen Latifah.%0D\
- Tom Cruise owns this thread. At least celebs like Foster, Latifah, Cooper, Lautner don''t marry beards and have fake families. Foster has kids, but lived with a woman.
- Whitney Houston and that thing she is/was(?) married to. \
I also always thought Lisa Marie Presley is a ham sandwich enthusiast.
- Lauren Jackson and a heap of current and former female athletes.
- R113 Reckon she is there, son, reckon she is.
- R157 here. I forgot something and am sorry. %0D\
Is Candice Bergen closeted? She has always pinged to me.
- Didn''t Bergen and Malle have a sexless life-partnership? Loved each other but fucked other people? I think he was straight but she was indeed a lesbian.
- Kristen Stewart aka The Dykiest Dyke Who Ever Dyked.
- Wentworth Miller
- Bergen and Malle have a daughter so the relationship couldn''t have been totally sexless. He was a bisexual, though. I''ve never heard any rumors about Bergen.
- As was stated earlier: Latifah is a big fat closet case. And yet, no fucking way can she be more annoying than big fat Travolta. %0D\
"I put her ahead of Travolta because Scientology is keeping him hetero."%0D\
Travolta is in the closet because he wants to be. He joined Scientology all on his own, and it still provides him with plenty of perks. Think he can maintain the lavish lifestyle given the number of bombs he''s had in his career? Think anybody else would clean up that pesky, "I neglected my son to death" problem? He gets no sympathy from me about his Scientology bonds. He made that bed and he''s happily fucking tricks on it.%0D\
But even more annoying than Travolta is Cruise. If Cruise were straight (in some crazy alternate universe)--he''d still be an annoying closet case. Only he''d be closeted about his still obvious mental health problems.
- Kevin Spacey won''t come out of the closet because he knows all those deeply embarrassing stories of how he''s sexually harrassed fellow actors, busboys, cable guys, massage therapists, etc. will come tumbling out, too."\
Why do you think those embarrassing stories will come to light only if Spacey comes out of the closet? Wouldn''t people be even more likely to discredit him with bad behavior stories if he is, in fact, a pathetic closet case?
- Michelle Rodriguez
- Serena Williams
- "Since I''ve yet to see BBM, that certainly doesn''t influence my thinking about Gyllenhaal. His travels with McBongo (the epitome of bi) and Lance Armstrong tell the story. The crew member on the Mediterranean yacht chartered by Gyllenhaal and Armstrong had some tales to tell, though it was a translation from French. Does anyone still have the link?"%0D\
I would love, love to read the tales of what went on a private yacht with that group. McBongo and Armstrong may be bi manwhores, but Jakey is just gay. His showmances were not only transparent but painfull to watch. If amyone has that link or a guide on where to find it that would be awesome. %0D\
- I gotta say though, R151, that Zach and Chris have the cutest bromance EVER.
- Queen Latifah, for the reasons mentioned, but mostly because the African American community is in general rabidly homophobic. They need LBGT role models to come out and drag them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I have heard educated, middle class AA''s say things about gays that would turn your hair nappy. I think the Queen could do a lot of good if she could muster up just a bit of courage and state the obvious.\
Of course if Oprah is gay then she trumps Queen. (I still think she is asexual though.)
- Anyone who buys the crap about hot times on a yacht on the French Riviera, between Lance Armstrong and Jake G is a complete imbecile! %0D\
That would''ve been a major headline back then. The tabloids have gone to press with less information. They''d have snatched that in a heartbeat, and ran with it. The French know all about Armstrong, and they hate him.%0D\
Both Armstrong and Gyllenhall had a much higher profile back then, too. Lance wanted his Texas buddy, Matthew M., to produce a movie about him, with either Matt Damon or Jake G. %0D\
Some of you people are so isolated and delusional, it''s ridiculous. It is laughable that you really think you''re privy to "inside knowledge" that only is known in the DL universe. %0D\
- R170, you are an idiot.
- John Travolta
- [quote]That would''ve been a major headline back then. %0D\
Interesting how you can exactly place "back then" in your overwrought denial, r170.
- There have been bi/les rumors about Bergen, r162. That old list that named ''FODs'' in hollywood, mentioned Bergen as being closeted.
- I didn''t know that, R174. It would be nice if the rumors were true. She''s a beautiful woman and I always did think she pings.
- What about some of the younger guys...like the CW boys - Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick, Penn... Matt Lanter from 90210 (with his infamous Dudetube webcam pics)...? I know some of these guys hang with fellow guys that also have rumors... and then there''s Matt Lanter''s case where he seems to date women but doesn''t flaunt it... but ''insiders'' say otherwise. And like Chace Crawford is Christian and comes from what seems like a pretty religious background. \
I''m sure that has to play a role... it''s one thing to be gay/bi and be told to stay in the closet if you want a career...couple that with strict religion and some of these guys must be headcases.
- [quote]But is Anderson Cooper technically in the closet?\
I am so fucking tired of this non-question from the closeted contrarians here.\
The answer is YES. He is a public figure and until he publicly states that he is gay he is in the closet. Period.
- If Anderson is out to family , friends and work and you are out to family, friends and work does that make you a closet case too?
- R178 - Anderson is a PUBLIC FIGURE. For God''s sake, stop playing dumb.
- Anderson is obviously not considered out. He is a news anchor that regularly discusses topics like gay marriage on his show with panelists and never mentions that he is gay, so it remains the big elephant in the room every night.
- Anderson is definitely not out in the way Ricky Martin, Ellen, Rosie, Rachel Maddow, Neil Patrick Harris are.
- Taylor Lautner
- Didn''t Queen Latifah come out?
- Latifah never came out.
- [quote]Since I''ve yet to see BBM, that certainly doesn''t influence my thinking about Gyllenhaal. His travels with McBongo (the epitome of bi) and Lance Armstrong tell the story. The crew member on the Mediterranean yacht chartered by Gyllenhaal and Armstrong had some tales to tell, though it was a translation from French. Does anyone still have the link?%0D\
What did the crew member say? Please post the link.%0D\
- Ryan Seacrest%0D\
Every time I see pictures of him on vacation with Julianne (usually in an uncomfortable display of lip-lockage), I find myself muttering "Bitch, please..."
- Anderson Cooper
- It''s a tossup between:%0D\
- Kevin Spacey -- photographed snuggling with men, gay-bashed in a London Park while cruising and he still issues statements like: "I don''t live a lie. You have to understand that people who choose not to discuss their personal lives are not living a lie. That is a presumption that people jump to."
- r180 - News anchors also don''t publicly announce if they are pro-choice, Republican/Democrat, pot smokers or any other personal information that might make them seemed unbiased on a news story. And right now gay marriage is a news story.\
r179 - by your logic, PUBLIC FIGURES are duty-bound to announce to the world every aspect of their PRIVATE lives. Some people are sick of hearing public figures announce their political views (Jane Fonda/Patricia Heaton) or personal demons (Eva Mendes/Demi Lovato/Lindsay Lohan). Why not just the actors act, the singers sing, and the news anchors read the news. Do you really need to know who they fuck too?
- "by your logic, PUBLIC FIGURES are duty-bound to announce to the world every aspect of their PRIVATE lives"%0D\
False logic. Merely saying "I''m gay" when people ask is not announcing every single aspect of your life.%0D\
"Do you really need to know who they fuck too?"%0D\
Kinda funny coming from someone who posts at a GAY GOSSIP SITE. Straight people don''t hide who they fuck, why should gay people? Straight men never stop talking about pussy.%0D
- [quote]Straight people don''t hide who they fuck%0D\
- They hide it all the time.
- Kevin Spacey and Luke Evans.%0D\
It is sad because they''re actors I used to really like. Now I find it hard to get interested in anything they do.
- Maria Sharapova. Her latest beard is a big joke.
- r192 is an idiot.%0D\
Look at any cover of US Weekly or Star or whatever - it is all about "Jake and Taylor in love!" or some other (alleged) heterosexual couple.%0D\
Straight romance is treated as something we can talk about whereas gay romance is treated like a dirty secret. Even the tabloids rarely out people!
- Oh, great, another thread where we have to debate whether or not Anderson Cooper is "out" or not.%0D\
He''s "out" assholes. He just doesn''t interrupt his broadcast to discuss what he did in bed last night.
- Isn''t it obvious.%0D\
I''ll give you two hints.%0D\
1) He''s German.%0D\
2) He lives in the Vatican.
- Does Ellen Page still belong here?
- Don''t look at me r165.\
Michi likes the sausage.
- I wouldn''t say Anderson, Jodie or Pafe are closeted. They live their life without pretending they are straight. I don''t think they have to say it.%0D\
On the other hand, Queen Latifah, Kristen Stewart and others who play the straight game and give statements that make them look straight.%0D\
Oh, and since I''m here- is Ian Thorpe gay? He said no repeatedly but somehow everything about him seems gay.
- I''m trying to decide whether Michelle Rodriguez''s ''I love sausage'' comment is more embarassing than Kate Walsh''s ''Boyfriend'' perfume.
- [quote]I wouldn''t say Anderson, Jodie or Pafe are closeted. They live their life without pretending they are straight. I don''t think they have to say it.\
If they were really out, they could admit it publicly. Instead, they dodge the issue. That''s not what being out is about, you ought to be able to answer the question directly and honestly not twist yourself up in a knot to avoid just saying the truth.
- Elijah Wood
- Years ago there were rumors about a gay male rapper this around the early 90''s some people say it was Will Smith but I think it is %0D\
LL Cool J. Supposedly he and Thomas Jane hooked up on Deep Blue Sea and now rumors are flying around about him trying to fuck Chris O''Donnell on NCIS LA.
- George Eads who has just married his longtime beard, Monika Casey.%0D\
Only the fat fraus from Talk CSI can think this marriage is ''true love''.
- R198, I''d love to know what percentage of Vatican officials are gay. I''ve heard it''s extremely high. One hears of certain Italian seminaries, like the one in Perugia, that are even more like bathhouses than the rest of them.
- You know who it is. She''s got famous parents and is on a nominal yet long lived police drama.
- I think I know who you''re talking about r208, but please no one write her name. We don''t need those psychotic, obsessed fangirls to find their way here. It''s been a decent thread so far, and we don''t need it to turn into one of those redux''s where they write out every detail they''ve discussed ad nauseum in the past.
- George Clooney!!!
- Linda Evans.
Maybe they want to be first and foremost actors/singers/entertainers/journalists, who happen to be gay.
- Aaron Schock
- Carl Lewis
- I can understand posing as straight with beard if your career depends on it. Di Caprio needs his appearance. Clooney too. Foster used to (back then). Stewart needs it for Twilight franchise. There are many examples. I can even support not commenting or dodging "Are you gay"%0D\
question coz it''s rude and if you don''t want to say it why would someone force you. Or even, why would you say it when no one is asking and it could damage you.%0D\
What I don''t get are those who take step further, or even the whole mile. Why giving "sausage" statements? Why talking about your sex life with your beard? Why saying you have problems with meeting opposite sex when you''re dating same sex? Why talking about your husband and how great your family is and letting camera in your home when since forever people who saw you with girlfriends talk about you being gay and even your detective carachter pings?
- Clooney definitely has something going on with Cindy Crawford''s husband Gerber. Clooney keeps them around like peripheral but beautiful ornaments to his life in Italy. Those two have no real show business careers, yet Clooney has them attending the Venice film festival appearing in every photo shoot.\
It is becoming obvious to even flyover America that Ted''s Cookie Muncher blind is Cindy.
- I''ve wondered about that relationship as well. Anyone on hear know anything about Randt Gerber pre-Cindy Crawford?
- Now that Anderson had his episode of giggling like a 6-year old over a poopy joke, i don''t want him on our team.
- r209, precisely but she had to be brought up.\
Oh and for what it''s worth, an ex used to be in the same frat as George Eads. Says he would go trouser sniffing when he(GE) was "drunk", then wouldn''t "remember" anything the next day.\
- [quote][R198], I''d love to know what percentage of Vatican officials are gay. I''ve heard it''s extremely high. One hears of certain Italian seminaries, like the one in Perugia, that are even more like bathhouses than the rest of them.%0D\
It''s too bad the book "Der heilige Schein" by David Berger isn''t available in English. I''m sure a lot of Dlers would be interested in reading it:%0D\
[italic]In 2010, Berger wrote in his book Der heilige Schein: Als schwuler Theologe in der katholischen Kirche (%E2%80%9CThe holy sham: A gay theologian in the Catholic church%E2%80%9D), that 20 to 40 percent of the Catholic clergy are homosexual. He has claimed many theologians think that Pope Benedikt XVI is homosexual.[/italic]
- [quote]Maybe they want to be first and foremost actors/singers/entertainers/journalists, who happen to be gay.\
Who''s going to know that they "happen to be gay" if they refuse to admit to it?
I totally agree with you.
- 223- if they came out, they would have the "gay" before anything they are. Gay commediene, gay actor, gay anchor, gay tv host, gay athlete,gay Olympic winner, gay prime minister or whatever. And if you are excellent in something, you want to be respected and known for that, like any straight person would be.%0D\
They don''t put straight in front of occupation or accomplishment.
Nothing would make me more happy than someone outs Ratzinger. Hope it would stop this hypocrats in C.Chursh from saying anything ever against gays.
- [quote]Nothing would make me more happy than someone outs Ratzinger. %0D\
Paul VI was outed but it made no waves.
- R225, why should that even matter? What''s so wrong with being known as gay? Even so, I don''t see many people making a big deal out of Rachel Maddow or Ellen''s sexuality these days, they came out and went on with their lives and careers. The same for Thomas Roberts, Ricky Martin, Don Lemon and Neil Patrick Harris. Some people are making it more of a big deal by not admitting to it and moving on.
- R228 - it is wrong to pigenhole people because they are gay, I find it insulting when media reference someone as "gay singer" or "gay actor".%0D\
One small example - at least 1.000 people complained because Ricky sings a song about a woman.
We ARE gays! Got it?
- [quote]Thomas Roberts, Ricky Martin, Don Lemon and Neil Patrick Harris, Maddow and Ellen\
These people are still respected for what they do and for the fact that they''ve chosen to be honest about their sexuality. There''s no harm or detriment in doing that.
- r229 has a point. If someone constantly referred to Seinfeld as a Jewish comedian they''d run the risk of being labeled anti semetic.\
So maybe we should point out to anyone that insists on labeling gay folks to be homophobic?
- Yes R230, pigeonholing is degrading. %0D\
So what if an actor is gay? If you talk about his profession then he''s an actor, not gay actor. %0D\
Elton John is great musician - no one is calling anyone great straight musician.
- will Hayden Christensen ever come out?
- R225, who cares about being known as gay unless you have a problem with being gay?%0D\
Rachel Maddow, Neil Patrick Harris, Ian McKellen, and Ellen Degeneres...all are known to be gay but it hasn''t hurt them. Most of their fans are straight.
- Exactly R235.
- "who cares about being known as gay unless you have a problem with being gay?"%0D\
You don''t understand the point. No one would put "gay IT consultant" in CV so there is no reason to introduce people as "gay actor" or "gay singer".
- r232 no one in their right mind would call someone anti-Semitic because they pointed out that Seinfeld is a Jewish comedian. Besides that, Seinfeld IS a Jewish comedian.\
Stop rationalizing your homophobia. You look ridiculous.
Wish someone would out this bitch.
- Ellen Page
- r238, HUH?\
You''ve completely missed the point. Yes Seinfeld is Jewish just as we are saying if someone is gay- Elton John for example- we don''t have to state gay as a part of his name like the gay singer Elton John.\
I''m not sure you understand how degrading it is to negate a persons accomplishments based on a personal factor such as sexual orientation, religion or race. It''s unnecessary to point out that someone is black or gay for that matter. The fact that someone feels compelled to do so implies that there is something to be compensated for because of the difference that is pointed out.\
I''m not saying gay people shouldn''t be out just that it''s ridiculous to walk around introducing yourself as the gay so and so.
the gay so and so
- Christina Aguilera after her stint on the Voice I was more convinced than ever that she is a lesbian.
- How old are you r241?
You''re ridiculous, pathetic and above all homophobic!
- The Situation
- Zachary Quinto
- R243 and R244 - please learn to read, R241 is right and has a point.
Please, learn to think and don''t be pathetic.
- Luke Evans
- Gotta love the caption, r218!
- R244 is right.
- R241 is right.
- R241 makes no sense whatsoever.
- People should practice better reading comprehension when it comes to 241 as the poster is correct. The media has a bad habit or referring to openly gay celebrities as "openly gay singer Elton John" or "openly gay actor Neil Patrick Harris" that is completely ridiculous and unnecessary.\
I''m all for gays being open but mention their sexuality when it is relevant like when they show up with a date, not like it is a huge defining characteristic. Your sexuality is just one aspect, though a significant one, of who you are as a person.
- To answer the question: there is a difference between being in the glass closet like AC, Bomer and Quinto and actually being actively closeted. None of them pretend to be straight. Even Taylor Lautner just evaded the question when he was asked, people forget he has never denied being gay.\
Wentworth Miller and Matt Dallas have actively denied being gay even though they are clearly gay men. \
Henry Cavill went from being surrounded by nothing but gay men to being engaged to a girl he had never been seen with and is still never really seen with.\
These are embarassing closet cases, people who have a clear history of being gay but still publicly deny it.
- r254 yes, it IS awful when someone is identified as a gay man. So unfair! Don''t people realize how offensive it is to be known as gay?!
- Adam Levine
- You are quite dense R256, it seems the point that is being made simply goes over your head. Oh well.
- Andrew Garfield.
Your excuses for being homophobic and in the closet are dense.
- R256 / R260 - please stop insulting everyone''s intelligence.%0D\
No one in the right mind would say "This is Mr X, our gay accountant manager" at the business meeting.%0D\
When profession and work are discussed straight and gay people should be treated equally - no one introduces a person as "straight actor X".
Please it''s you who should stop insulting everyone''s intelligence.%0D\
No one would introduce a person as straight or gay EVERYWHERE. So stop finding pathetic excuses for your homophoby. End of story.
- R262 - you are an idiot.
Stop watching yourself in the mirror!%0D\
Btw, enough with PR and fangurls.
You are a coward.
- Sorry, the idiot at the mirror is 263 not 262.
- John Nettles.
- Not me.
- Ladybird Bachmann
- I really wonder 260/262/264/265/266 wants. He seems a little unhinged, but it is like you want gay people to wear a little rainbow star so everyone at all times is reminded someone is gay.\
It''s a simple concept, gay or straight the media should only highlight''s someone sexual orientation when appropriate. Cheyenne Jackson has even given interviews commenting on how it seemed a bit absurd how so many articles introduced him as "openly gay actor Cheyenne Jackson" as if that was part of his official title.
- Zac Efron, Andrew Garfield gets the runner up.
- John Nettles? Sheesh, could we at least get someone who''s a bit alive?
- John Nettles pings, but I think he claims he is straight or is married to a woman or something or other.
I think 260/262/264/265/266 are sick of all the subtle excuses closeted people use to justify their conduct. It''s also a very simple concept.Got it?
-  Actually the other person posting made a sensible point and for some reason it doesn''t seem to have agreed with him.\
One of the biggest problems I have with other gay men is when they decide anyone who''s not ''obviously gay'' or doesn''t want to be indenitifed purely by their sexuality is self-hating.\
For some of us it''s possible to be proud and happy with our sexuality without making it the centre of our existences. I see it as a pretty small part of who I am, it means I''m attracted to guys that''s pretty much the extent of it, I know I''d certainly hate to have everything I ever did prefaced with the word gay because as the other person said it doesn''t happen with straight people.\
That said the best way for some closeted celebs to demonstrate that being gay is not a big deal is to actually come out and lead by example. \
They''re victims of society in a way but by the time they''ve made millions etc they could afford to take a risk and actually play a role in changing society for gay people.
- Anderson Cooper and Marcus Bachmann
If you''re OUT and happy with your sexuality without making it the centre of your existence and don''t want to preface everything you do with the word gay, it''s OK.%0D\
But if you''re in the closet, you''re just using false logic, finding excuses and rationalising your self-hating to justify your behaviour. Think of it.
- [R278] I was going to answer but I think we''ll just put this whole thing down to a clash of personalities. Worryingly most of them are yours. Think of it.
Broken record says what....?
- Maybe this guy?
Worryingly, for the gay community, there are closeted and self-loathing people like you. %0D\
Think of it.
- Stana Katic
- Not "embarrassingly obvious", but Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is said to be bisexual. At least two of his ex-girlfriends are lesbians, and Heidi Klum was his beard.
- Which girlfriends r283, you can put it in blind items if you want.
One ("Yo") is married to an ex (female) crew member of the L Word and the other one ("Broken English") is (or was) dating an actress from the L Word.
- Look''s like bearding season for The Gyllenhaal has started again. %0D\
He''s got two chicks ''on the go'' at the moment.
- Anderson Cooper
Who are "the two chicks"?
- This is exactly what I mean by DL''s violent misogyny, and if you don''t intervene against it, you are acting in favor of it:\
"Ann Coulter is responsible for that horrible stench that emanates from her dried up gash wherever she goes."\
Your violence against women helps kill queer teens.\
Ann Coulter''s stupidity has nothing to do with her body parts.\
Stop the violence.\
Stop the hate.\
It''s killing us.
- Oh fark off already, r289. %0D\
What do we think of tennis'' the Williams sisters? Closeted?
- Charlie Crist and all the closeted politicians who try to pass legislation against us while toilet-tapping on the weekends. Out gays are a phobe''s worst fear ... and his best fantasy.
- I agree with the posters who say Anderson Cooper. \
Everything else about his TV persona suggests that he is hip, urban and has his finger on the pulse of American society. But he''s an Uncle Tom and an embarrassment. \
If he doesn''t hurry up and come out he is going to go down on the wrong side of TV history looking like an enforcer of modern-day segregationism. No Queers is the 21st Century equivalent No Coloreds.
- I am now going to add Tom Hardy to the list of protesteth too much "I am NOT GAY!" mary''s.
- Bradley Cooper by a mile.
- Some of those mentioned here aren''t famous enough to qualify as the "most embarrassingly obvious yet closeted gay celebrity." I think there should be a baseline fame level and Bradley Cooper doesn''t qualify.%0D\
There''s a side dispute in the thread that remains unresolved, a dispute about "What is in the closet."%0D\
About hausfraus (I hate that word) who think one night with Anderson Cooper they could turn him straight:%0D\
When I watch vintage Rock Hudson, I think the same. Of course, he''s dead. But I don''t see the difference between THAT fantasy and people fantasizing about banging a celebrity when if they ever found themselves in that celebrity''s company they''d be too fat/old/poor/unimportant or else the celebrity would turn out to have deal breaker qualities that would make the fan run screaming out the door. A fantasy is a fantasy.%0D
- How much longer does Anderson Cooper really need to hide. At this point, coming out is not going to hurt his career. He has respect, fame, money, influence. His base following is not based on him being hetero.
- [quote]How much longer does Anderson Cooper really need to hide... He has respect...
After this closeted week of his new show, he's losing a lot of respect --- BIG TIME!!!!! His gay shame is pathetic.
- Is Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry gay?
- Ryan Seacrest. Pathetic.
- [quote]Is Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry gay?
There's a reason he's known as Princess Perry.
- Tom de Lay
- [r209] Lol! Does it really get that bad?
- r302, OMG yes. Just do a thread search on her, you'll see.
- [quote]Even so, I don't see many people making a big deal out of Rachel Maddow or Ellen's sexuality these days, they came out and went on with their lives and careers. The same for Thomas Roberts, Ricky Martin, Don Lemon and Neil Patrick Harris. Some people are making it more of a big deal by not admitting to it and moving on.
I don't know much about Suze Orman, but she seems to be the same way. Larry King asked her about her relationship and Suze said it originally came up in an interview naturally when she was discussing inheritance rights.
I'm a guy, but overall I do think lesbians have done a much better job at this ... with exceptions like Jodie Foster and Queen Latifah, who I do think will come out one of these days. Not Jodie, though
- Jodie is not "in" either. She doesn't tag a beard along, she's not blabbing about boyfreinds of how much she likes men or how it's hard for her to find a date. She's living her life and doing her thing and anyone can see she's gay. She isn't saying or denying it. She just is.
- Pope Maledict
- another vote for Adam Levine. He just pings all over the place.
- personally i'm going with these:
- I love you for bumping this.
When you say Annie Clark are you talking about the musician or the girl from Degrassi, because if it's the latter, ia.
- Nicki MInaj. Come on now let's listen to her lyrics and how she talks about girls in interviews and how ambiguous she is about her sexuality. And how nothing about her love life is ever clear or known. Shes been dodging bisexual rumors for ages but theres plenty of evidence from her past that show that shes prob not even bi and full on gay. Just come on out already! She raps about fucking girls! She loves the pussy! #TeamMinaj
- John Travolta
- Since this is one of those Will Never Die threads ... I'll throw in Erik McCormick (Will).
- I find it hard to believe that Rosie was once inthe closet.
Who the heck did she think she was fooling??
- Kevin Spacey
- [quote]I find it hard to believe that Rosie was once inthe closet.
[quote]Who the heck did she think she was fooling??
Sometimes it's more about the internal struggle than the external burden. Not everyone who is closeted is trying to fool anyone and many are plainly aware that people think they're gay. It's more an issue between the person and themselves.
- Olivia Newton-John
- Also Tavis Smiley, Little Richard, Barry Manilow, Tyler Perry, Robin Roberts, Queen Latifah
- Wow I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mariska Hargitay.
- R304, Jodie isn't in the closet for god sakes. Enough. She thanked her partner, gave them her last name, wore a wedding ring, and was always seen with her at events. She is in no way like Queen Latifah.
- Andrew garfield.No'one believes that pathetic showmance he's got going on.
- Will smith!,
- Brian Boitano. Even to this day, he says nothing about his personal life, when in-the-know folks know at one point he was with Frank D'Agostino, stage actor.
- Barry Manilow already.
- Have you seen Brian Boitano's cooking show? Boy is a straight up queen...and doesn't hide it. People would have to be blind, and deaf, to not figure that out...
- It's the strangest thing, but Barry Manilow never pinged to me at all as a '70s kid. Now I look back and think, "Ka-WEEN!"
- I think Ian Thorpe shoots up the list after his recent deny-deny-deny autobiography.
I agree with you
- Joe Jonas. Although to his credit, he beards unenthusiastically.
- Kevin McHale, Naya Rivera, Colton Hayes
- What r308 said
- Ian Thorpe is so obvious to me. I've seen plenty of straight people say that they think he's gay as well. I don't know why he bothers. Ok, maybe for his sponsors/career but he could lay off the denying thing. I like Thorpe as well.
- Matt Lanter
That boy has had rumors since that dumb reality modeling show he did on Bravo. Same rumors from industry folks who knew him auditioning. Then he had those webcam images surface from Dudetube........
of course now that he's getting more famous, he's engaged to a super Christian fundie girl from his mom's church back home. But he's a devout Christian himself, so I'm guessing there's some MAJOR self repression there...
- 90210's Matt Lanter gay cam images -
- Has no one mentioned Alicia Keys? She pings so hard she broke my gaydar. Totally insufferable hatred for her sexuality, hence why being a homewrecker is better than being a lesbian in her eyes.
- To me, they are very obvious
- R311 I think Travolta is in a glass closet and TC is just too creepy to think about. But both have Scientology and the secrets they revealed to worry about & who knows what those secrets were? But Jackman seems obvious & a good example of someone who works double time to deny he's in a closet.
- Joe Jonas or Taylor Lautner.
- Mitt Romney
- Cillian Murphy should finally come out as a lipstick lesbian.
- Peter Saarsgard. Watching him drone on in a talk show with his gay lisp about some girl he was in love with in college made me cringe.
- Second Joe Jonas; his big brother Kevin too. Zacquisha Efron. David Archuleta. Jesse L. Martin.
- Tim Tebow
Speaking of David Archuleta I'd like to see him on the Voice. His voice is still one of my favorites from all the singing competition shows.
- Ainsley Harriott
- Definitive though not all-inclusive list:
1. Hugh Jackman
2. Zac Efron
3. Taylor Lautner
4. Joe Jonas
5. Tyler Perry
6. Jake Gyleenhall
7. Vin Diesel
8. Joe Manganiello
- Sam Champion
Neil Patrick Harris
2010 is calling
- Matt Bomer also pings to me.
- Missy Elliot, George Clooney, Leo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Da Brat, Alicia Keys
- Alicia Keys? I am a gay guy so I am not tuned into who is and who is not a lesbian, but are you sure about her? She appears tough but she is from Hell's Kitchen. Plus she is married.
- Congressman Aaron Schock
Ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner
- Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-Maryland)
- Michael Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg's closet doesn't bother me too much since he gives generous donations to gay rights groups and is a staunch supporter of marriage equality.
It's the closeted political people like Aaron Schock who vote against gay rights - those are the assholes who need to get voted out of office.
- Pat Summit
Maybe she'll forget that she is closeted and come out
- Bishop Eddie Long
- Georg Ganswein, the Pope's personal secretary.
- Logan Lerman!
- Pretty much all of figure skating.
That French guy who sued his girlfriend for saying she was a beard
All the Canadians, indeed all the top figure skaters except maybe the one from Kazakhstan.
- Aussie tennis player Sam 'The Man' Stosur.
- How many times has Gabriela Sabatini been mentioned?
- Jay Z & Beyonce, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett (marriages of convenience anyone?)
- I've never understood why female celebrities remain closeted? A LOT of women end up hooking up with girls at one point or another and straight guys (the main movie seeing target) LOVE that shit.
A male celebrity coming out as gay or bi is a whole different story, they have everything to loose.
- Eddie Murphy
- Eric Stonestreet
- Former GOP Rep. David Dreier
- Pretty much all of figure skating.
That French guy who sued his girlfriend for saying she was a beard
All the Canadians, indeed all the top figure skaters except maybe the one from Kazakhstan
- Seems to me that if someone becomes a figure skater, they have come out. Eric Stonestreet certainly conforms to the "obvious yet closeted" headline. A lot of politicians fit in there also.
- The wheelchair kid off Glee.
In fact, most of the Glee cast (even if most of them are more heteroflexibles/bisexuals who only fucked Ryan Murphy to get the job).
- Did Ryan Murphy fuck the girls? No way.
- Pat Chen. DUH!
- Janet Napolitano.
- Matthew Morrison
- Kevin Spacey wins
- Maria Lopez?
- Adam Levine
- Gilbert Kaplan
- Gale Harold
- Dr. Dre. He gives profits from sales of Beats to GLAAD and Hefty.
- Asif Zardari
- How anyone mentioned Josh Lucas?
- How the fuck can anyone say Ellen was "embarrassingly closeted" when she was the first major tv star to come out? The tabloids didn't drag her out of the closet, as was the case with Rosie a few years later. Ellen simply decided to come out, well before any other tv star of her caliber even considered it. Even today practically all gay stars are closeted.
- Another vote for Gale Harold.
- Da Brat is not in the closet anymore. Before she went in (to prison) remember that audio came out that outed her? (as if it was necessary)
She raps openly about women, now. 4:20
- Taylor Lautner
....if we're talking about closeted to the media/general public. With the exception of Tebow and the Jonas Bros (or maybe just Kevin) I think all of the people on my list are out in private to their close friends and date.
- [quote]Da Brat is not in the closet anymore. Before she went in (to prison) remember that audio came out that outed her? (as if it was necessary) She raps openly about women, now. 4:20
Was there anything going on between her and Mimi Carey when they made "Glitter"?
- Cris Colfer
- [quote]Ryan Seacrest Every time I see pictures of him on vacation with Julianne (usually in an uncomfortable display of lip-lockage), I find myself muttering "Bitch, please..."
Just think he had to be Merv Griffin's butt boy like a lot of other young adult men who were actors, models, or wanted to LOL "break into" the entertainment industry. Yeah that's a nasty thought.
- Another vote for Hugh Jackman
- It's nice to see so many who have actually come out since this zombie thread was brought to the to again.
Can anyone do a recap for this Liberace Edition (it's May) of this iteration?
- Why did Seacrest supposedly have to sleep with Merv? He was an LA DJ for a long time. What did Merv get him?
- Are you very naive R395? Money and power corrupt people like RS so yeah he would put out to Merv to get in the TV industry and get big.
Ryan Seacrest, host of American Idol said, “Merv gave me my first break in show business. He was a mentor, a friend and my idol.”
Yeahhhh righhhhhhht they were just "friends" and he was a "mentor" to the young adult Seacrest then.
- but what show did Merv put him on?
- Do you think it was Seacrest's mouth cherry that go broken into show business?
- Kevin Spacey wins.
- What does embarrassingly obvious mean?
- Embarrassingly obvious = Christopher Lowell being married to a woman and lisp-screaming how straight he is while making lace curtains.
- Jared Padalecki.
Pathetic. The pair of them.
- Jeremy Piven.
- Another vote for Taylor Lautner
- R403 Is that the queen who plays Mr Selfridge on that British TV show? He's supposed to be from The Midwest and sounds like from the Borscht Belt! Didn't he date January Jones? I guess that makes him bi-sexual then. Then again JJ is bisexual herself.
- Colton Haynes, Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas and Kevin Spacey
- ive had a hunch that Jeremy Piven was gay since 1994.
and just last week i got confirmation that he likes "ChOCalate" and no not from someone from Chicago.
and rugs belong on the floor...not your head!
- My votes go to:
At least one of the Jonases
George Clooney (bi?)
Kristen Stewart (maybe bi but she breaks my gaydar)
- i think the show that Merv got Ryan on was CLICK a quiz show in the early 1990s. before he even went into radio he tried to do TV.
Merv also mentored females butt he liked the males. kind of that funny butt pervy old uncle
- There's so many to choose from! Taylor Lautner, Thomas Dekker, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Tom Cruise etc.
- Kenny "insatiable bottom makes you sign a non disclosure agreement before fucking on the yacht or U.S. Virgin Islands" Chesney
- [quote]Cris Colfer
If he makes an attempt to say "I'm gay!" I'd be laughing my ass off.
- r412, Colfer is out.
- another vote for Adam Levine. He has to be at least bi-sexual. The vibes he projects are just way too strong for him not to be. Yes, he is known to be a pussy lover, but haven't many closeted men had that reputation?
- I'd actually go with Jake Gyllenhaal for this.
For a long time I didn't think he was gay but the past several years it's become obvious that he is hiding something big in his personal life. The dating he does reportedly do is just that- reported on by gossip media. Like it is spoonfed by his PR agent or something, it makes a big splash and then nothing.
Look at his dating history - it is a joke. This is why I'd put him in the 'embarrassingly closeted' camp.
Since he is doing mostly great indies these days there's less risk of studio backlash if he comes out and it would be great if he did because he could be the first Alist movie actor to do so.
- I've heard a quite few rumors about Adam Levine possibly being bisexual.
- Chris Pine.
He beards by the closeted play book (sports illustrated models who get a little ink and name boost out of the arrangement) but he's so not into it. Anytime I see pictures of him with a woman he just can't even be bothered to muster up a glance in her direction.
- In the bisexual closet, I would say that Dianna Agron is in there.
- Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Jake Gyllenhaal
- More about Chris Pine please.
- All of Swift's exes
- Is James Maslow from Big Time Rush gay? What are your opinions? I looked at pictures of him the other day. The way he smiles and poses got me thinking he might be gay.
- Stephen Fry
- Arsenio Hall. Watch Coming to America, you'll see.
- I've always wondered what Raymond Burr demanded of cute young guys who appeared on many episodes of Perry Mason...
- Cancer survivor Tig Notaro came out of the closet recently.I wish all celebs can show such bravery. I hope ms. notaro's bravery inspires others to embrace the sexuality they were born with.
- Tyler Perry
- R422 I've heard that Carlos not James is the gay of the group and that Kendall is bisexual.
- Elijah Wood. He was in Andy Cohen last night. I can remember before the hobbit he used to hang out at the Phoenix on the lower east side and told a mutual friend that after the movie comes out you'd never see him there again.
And POOF just like that, he kept his word.
- George Bush Jr
- Anymore details on Kendall r429
- Zach Efron owns this thread. Followed closely by Chace Crawford.
- This list must include Adam Levine
- Kevin Jonas. Has his wife figured it out? Until they got the reality show, they didn't even sleep in the same bedroom - because he snores.
- R436, Joe Jonas has him beat.
- Every under 30 actor has taken a dick.
- [quote]Joe Jonas has him beat.
Beat at what? Kevin is the one who acquired a beard, not Joe. Joe is seen out with boyfriends.
- Yeah Elijah Wood is gay, and yeah it is rather obvious.
I saw Dominic Monaghan on TV when he did some nature type show and he also screams gay/femme.
Mr. Selleck is also gay yet closeted but that's been known for decades.
R431 Don't forget Nixon, and the current one.
- Henry Cavill owns this thread.
- Kelly Brook
Always grinning when she spots a pussy she wants
- R414 they did that with JFK who was bisexual.
- Hillary Clinton, she's a lesbian and it's a badly kept secret. She'll NEVER come out, and her husband is bisexual and loves his white powder and junk food.
- The president.
- Channing Tatum.
- Zac Efron.
- [quote]Queen Latifah, John Travolta, Michelle Rodriguez, Tim Tebow, Taylor Lautner, Ian Thorpe, At least one of the Jonases, Tom Daley, Colin Jackson, Hugh Jackman, Vin Diesel
You got Tom Daley, R408. Maybe when Ian Thorpe goes through rehab he'll be ready to follow Tom Daley's lead.
- Latifah gets my vote.
- Why do Downy Syndrome babies look like Mongolians? I mean is it because Chinese have like a billion people and it's the law of randomness?
- Mongoloids not Mongolians. Remember all Chinks is Gooks but not all Gooks is Chinks.
- R452 Tell that to Russia.
- The whole Ian Thorpe stuff is pretty disconcerting. You have to wonder what he could be going through to give him such inner turmoil.
- Adam Levine's engagement does not stop gaydar at high level for him. Sexy SOB.
- Cavill is not gay. He doesn't have the best taste in women, but not gay. He is more asexual than sexual of any orientation.
Gorgeous man, but not overtly sexy.
- Ian Somerhalder, Henry Cavill, Matt Bomer. The three knights of Gaydonia. Matt was the bravest one, but the other two is still making the situation hard to not laugh. Enough bullshit. Especialy Gaian, i'm talking to you.
- I guess we'll have to cross Ian Thorpe off the list.
What about Carl Lewis?
- lol...DL strikes again .
- Sam Stosur. Just whom does she think she's fooling?
- No way! You mean that bitch is not out yet?
- Aaron Rodgers
- Mark McGwire and his china collection.
- What's this about a china collection?
- Ty Pennington and the rest of the ex-Trading Spaces gang. Of course they have fallen off your radar these days.
- Are Carter Oosterhouse and Amy Smart a beard-merkin pairing? I mean wasn't she close to Carmen Electra at one time?
- Both John Legend & Chris Tucker ping.
So does Charlize Theron.
I agree with most of the others mentioned in previous posts.
I do wish Queen Latifah would come out, once & for all.
- Is Joe Simpson considered a celebrity of sorts? He vacations with twinks. That whole referring to them as models or clients is just fucking hilarious.
No mention of Miss Jeremy Renner? Good lord I don't know how much more of a queen this guy could be. He takes his boyfriend, who is an interior designer, everywhere. He even hangs out with alleged closeted Robert Downey Jr. You can't get more gay than that.
- Is Latifah's talk show doing well? She may end up using it as a tool for coming out. People love Ellen; they'll accept Latifah.
- Joe ManJELLO!
- James Franco, Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper, Joe Jonas, P.Diddy, John Legend, Michael Strahan, Robert Downey Jr., and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
I'll be honest and say I can believe in bisexuality and it can apply to any of these guys but still...come on.
- Ty Pennington is gay? I had no idea, I better turn in my gay card. I used to watch Trading Spaces donkey years ago...
- A lot of these names are more wishful thinking.Not denying their homosexuality, but they're obviously more flamboyantly gay men than channing tatum, joe mangiello, etc
Legit gay men are Richard simmons, kevin spacey, probably Jonah hill, james franco, adam Levine.
- Queen Latifah is out to those who know her. I had a friend who worked for her.
- everyone in the cast of Glee, except Colfer and Lynch who have been openly out for ages.