- I always thought the "boyfriend" was paid to keep Britney in check by her dad.%0D\
I do believe she is seriously mentally ill; no way would the father still have control over her if it was not true.%0D\
To my knowledge, she very rarely gives interviews, especially since her mental breakdown a few years back. I think there''s a reason for that, and that she is incompetent to some degree.%0D\
Having said all that, could she put herself in this kind of position? Yes, she has a history of poor choices like this. No doubt that she would allow herself to get pregnant if she''s linked herself to some guy.%0D\
Heard the tape. It does not sound like her voice, and the accent is off. Supposedly there are texts, so let''s see when they come out.%0D\
- Apparently holding her to three gas station trips a day for Cheetoh and sodie pop fill ups constituted abuse in her dominion.
- A mental breakdown in which half of LA''s cops and firefighters had to escort her to the hospital with two hundred cameras on her and a session with fame whore Dr. Phil?%0D\
This was another performance. %0D\
She is merely stupid.
- No one cares about this skank. Furthermore, she deserves a good whopping!
- Britney Spears is HIV positive?
Our friends at "Entertainment Lawyer," reported last week that a HIV+ white pop singer was asked by her local health department who she had sex with so they could be notified. Last week, allegations persisted, on the backend, there was a media frenzy bidding war for the list because it contained identities of some of the most famous and richest men on planet earth. This week we are hearing, this whole story has been swept under the rug, similar to the Heath Ledger video cover-up. Fast Forward: Sky Villa has unearthed similar data. We have also been informed about a white pop princess with the package, we're not saying it's the same celebrity but the similarities are astounding. This is what we uncovered: One of her reps asked that the few black men she had been intimate with - be moved to the top of the list to take the focus off the white male celebrities who dominate the list. This way, a black man can be set up to be the "fall guy," if and when this sensitive information ever leaks - and be accused of infecting one of America's Sweethearts with the deadly virus. I guess her rep didn't realize, it doesn't matter what order your name is in. It's just devastating to be included on a list like this, regardless of order. The Truth: If this is the same woman, she could have gotten infected by anyone. One of our sources walked in on her at a industry party, in a bedroom, while she was bent over snorting cocaine, an anonymous sex partner was pounding her from the back without a condom. He was her dealer and she exchanged sex for drugs although she can afford to buy her narcotics but she's addicted to the thrill of anonymous sex. Who Is She? Britney Spears
- Britney Spears has a secret\
Lawyers for Britney Spears%E2%80%99 conservatorship have made their move to keep confidential %E2%80%9Ccritical information%E2%80%9D about Britney and her children.\
The information is so sensitive the lawyers note on the open market %E2%80%9CThe possibility of such enormous profits presents a substantial risk that Ms. Spears%E2%80%99 most confidential medical and personal information will be disclosed.%E2%80%9D\
So the attorneys want the sensitive info about Britney, Sean Preston and Jayden James sealed, and stat.
- Did you actually read the HIV link, dear? It doesn''t say, "Britney Spears". It''s a blind item. The user added her name, guessing it''s her.
- [quote]So the attorneys want the sensitive info about Britney, Sean Preston and Jayden James sealed, and stat.\
Good, it''s none of our damn business. \
I don''t know why, but I can''t dislike Britney like I do other attention whores. Maybe because it''s obvious that she''s not just some attention whore, but seriously mentally ill. You have to be for king of the loons Mel Gibson to reach out to you about it.
- You sound charming r4.
- I agree that Britney is most likely bipolar. If she never got famous, she''d be back in Kentwood, Louisiana with a couple of trashy children, gorging on fast food and acting as crazy as she could act in a small town. None of that seems to have anything to do with her fame.
- I don''t know about HIV. I think it could be just as likely that she was a druggie or drinking throughout her pregnancies, and the kids came out with some brain damage. I believe there were several reports that she was partying and drinking at least during her second pregnancy.
- R5:I don''t think the bi is about Spears. Her former manager would have sold that story already.%0D\
- I don''t think her son Jayden is Kevin''s kid, which would explain a lot of why she still has to pay out so much to Kevin and cover his legal fees. She''s mentally and emotionally delayed, probably at a preadolescent level. How long can they keep her real condition secret? I think Trawick is still a hired babysitter like he''s always been. I don''t think the voice on the tape is Britney.
- I don''t think she has HIV. That seems a little extreme, even for her. In light of everything that happened a few years ago, nothing would be surprising at this point.\
She definitely has more than a few screws loose, and being bipolar sounds about right.\
Whatever it is, I doubt she''ll ever be able to deal with it enough to become something more than just an empty shell of a human being.
- Trapped in her adolescence? Maybe. But what really happened to Brit is only know to the Los Angelens who were close enough to see what really unfolded with her. What flyoveria thought was a breakdown was really her reaction to the people around her systematically trying to bring her down. \
This was during the blogging zeitgeist and the end of the old media establishment. They ripped her to pieces and stalked her. The people around her destroyed her but all we saw was her acting out in response. She tried to tell us but we just blamed her. So, she gave up and I do believe at the worst of it finally gave in. No one in the world could know what it''s like to be that famous and that rich that young.
- It''s possible she''s poz. The same Jean Claude Van Damme talk has surrounded her for years. Her public freak outs were beyond manic depressive psychodrama, imo. Dead eyes, she''s a tragic cash cow going through the motions, bf is a sex surrogate/caretaker the same job Billy Bob Thornton had back then with Angie during her extreme smack years.
Pee Wee Poundstone
- She''s a mind controlled slave. In interviews you sometimes get different alter personalities. Years ago in an interview with Diane Sawyer a child alter personality clearly broke through for a few moments. It was chilling to see.
LOL, I love it.
- I think it is her on the tapes--it would have sounded rehearsed, otherwise. I really do hope for the sake of her kids she''s not HIV positive.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITNEY!!!
- I can''t dislike her either. There''s just something so defenseless about her.%0D\
As for whether this latest bf hit her... I''m sure I''ll get flamed for this, but she comes from a cultural background where domestic violence probably isn''t uncommon. People who expect violence can act out certain roles that encourage it. I''m not saying she "deserved" it or anything, just that she might behave in ways that bring it out. It''s like how women (or men) who are abused seem to find abusive partners over and over.%0D\
She doesn''t have the physical look of someone on HIV meds, but I guess they can affect everyone differently.%0D\
If she is poz, at least we know she didn''t get it from Timberlake since they never fucked.
- Britney is a walking zombie since the 5150; you can see it in her cold, dead eyes.
- I think the HIV+ pop princess is Demi Lovato. She''s the one who had BIs about anonymous public sex while on cocaine.
- She''s probably on some very heavy bipolar meds R22. They are keeping her level, but she also seems to have a very flat affect now. No highs, but no lows either. Pretty sad.
- She could also have received the controversial shock therapy treatments, which some mental health professionals go to as a last resort. She has that compliant, controlled appearance which might suggest that.
- I''ve heard that Courtney Love is HIV+. However, I would hardly classify her as "pop" or call her a "princess".
- bump for more
- I''d believe that about Courtney Love.
- There is something so creepy and Southern Gothic about Britney''s life story. She''s rumored to have lost her virginity at 14 to some rich kid in that dirtwater Louisiana town after her mom drove her over to his house. Her mom was hoping this would ensure a better life for them. When this didn''t work, she peddled Britney to Disney. Then you factor in the drugs, the mental breakdown, the head shaving, that harrowing "comeback" performance at the VMAs, her current dead-eyed state and it''s like something out of Carson McCullers.
Miss Amelia at the Sad Cafe
- Britney tweets:%0D\
[quote]PS - Star Magazine, Radar Online, Jason Alexander and the rest of you liars, Ya''ll can kiss my lily white southern Louisiana ass!
- I''m finding the promos for her new video rather compelling.
- If you click down 5 during this video, Brit shakes her stuff.
- Oh please, you bitches don''t believe the HIV thing because she''s white, blonde, and "pure," which is exactly the image that the label is pushing on all of you. \
She was rich, mentally unstable, and on drugs. That''s some serious shit. I believe she''s fully capable of it. \
That BI about the pop star getting plowed from behind popped up in the Blackout era before anyone knew who Demi Lovato was. I''ve always thought it was Britney, and apparently lots of other people did, too.\
That those people were setting up a black guy to take the "fall" is some really sick shit, too.
- All it takes is sex to get HIV. It really is a wonder 90% of the population doesn''t have it.
- That''s a grim statement, r35. Are you a nihilist?
- No@36, they''re a realist.\
I''m not Poz ... but one of my SRT8 sister''s is, she got it from a STR8 man who knew he was infected but chose not to use condoms!!\
WHY couldn''t Brit be poz, cuz she''s lily white?
- I thought the BI was about Courtney Love, but it''s hard to imagine that, even drugged out of their minds, there are enough people who want to fuck CLove for a train to be pulled.
- Was she wearing blue contacts during this iconic performance to mask this so called "deadness"?
- [quote]Oh please, you bitches don''t believe the HIV thing because she''s white, blonde, and "pure," which is exactly the image that the label is pushing on all of you. %0D\
I don''t think anyone really believes Britney is even CLOSE to "pure." I thinks he''s perceived by pretty much everyone as damaged goods, though the hard core will always make excuses & support her (as the hardcore MJ fans did).
- POZ and her kids are as well. That is why she went bonkers.
- That''s absolute bloody rubbish.
- She never looked "dead in the eyes" to me in that 2007 VMA performance, R39, she just looked like a junior high girl who didn''t bother rehearsing before the performance because she didn''t care. She even giggles a few times.
- Yea R41, I heard her kids are rumored to be POZ as well...
- Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan will both probably end up dead in similar circumstances to Anna Nicole Smith and Brittany Murphy.
If you know what I mean
- This girl is almost like a different person. Shocking.
- How about a movie remake of BABY DOLL starring Britney? I think she was born to make Tennessee Williams purists happy.
- Britney could have made "Baby Doll" about 15 years ago, R47.%0D\
But I can''t see a Baby Doll who has two children and a fat ex-husband in real life.
- Marilyn was still a baby doll at 36. Britney, no different.
- She''s not very popular here, is she...
- I recently watched the Jonathan Rhys Meyers biopic about Elvis, and was struck by how similar she is to him (Elvis of course, not JRM.) The trashy background, infantile behavior, inability to manage their lives, (thus winding up in a weird fame bubble) their gorgeous Dirty South sexuality and the fact that their audience loves them even when they''re out of shape and lazy. Afterwards, I watched some Elvis clips on Youtube. At their best, the two of them share a similar brand of on stage charisma. \
Yes, I know Elvis was the real musician. She''s just a pop star. But I still feel like there''s a link between these two. \
Oh--and I think it would be kind of fun if Britney covered Elvis Presley''s "Rubberneckin''":
- Most of the old farts who post here will never get Britney's appeal to her young girl/woman fanbase. The woman can get hundreds of posts on LJ by releasing a 7 second teaser of her ridiculous new video. %0D
Britney doesn't look to be the brightest bulb but she created an image that's still popular with a particular fanbase. She's also been responsible for a lot of the concepts for her videos and even worked on Blackout when Jive dragged it's feet in supporting her. Obviously, her label is responsible for using the appeal to make her a 'star' but she herself gave input in the creation.%0D
She did pot, cocaine and booze. It was complicated b/c she's bipolar. Doesn't mean Spears was the complete and utter mess of a Demi Lovato (cutter, suicidal, eating disorder, cocaine, sex orgies with guys who treated her badly) nor Lohan. Pics from her kids indicate that so far the boys look normal. No fetal alcohol syndrome facial traits. She was always one of those who stuck by one or two guys at the time not whoring around with everyone. It's unlikely that JT, Federline, and the others she was linked were IV drug users who passed along HIV. Lets be real now.
- Thing is, Britney DOES have major star quality and is original. Her voice is totally sultry and engaging, she has this innate charisma on stage that is organic and at bottom, is the least pretentious performing artist out there. I just wish she had a head to invite talented musicians and writers into her life. I''m sure there are many who would be willing to take her on.
- Heaven on Earth is a magnificent song.
- She reminds me of the characters in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"
- Blackout is one of the best dance albums of the past decade. It had a lot of potential singles including Toy Soldier. If Jive had been more supportive and Britney been capable of touring, the album would have been huge. %0D\
A number of reviewers were quick to pick up on how impressive Blackout was and the new territory it charted but it will likely be a few more years before people really understand it''s importance. Especially in making the airwaves more amenable to Lady Gaga and her ilk.
- "So what is the deal with Britney?"\
- r58 - the Britney who gets nearly 3 million views from this:
- Do you remember the english accent?
- I know it''s kind of tragic, but the MTV performance of "Gimme Whore" makes me laugh. I mean, her fucking dancers are literally propping her up. Who''s bright idea was it to let her up on stage in that condition. And I kind of resent the comparison to Elvis--at least Elvis would get up on stage and SING, fucked up or not. All we get from Tit Tit is a bad stripper routine.
- The Gimme More 2007 performance is sublime. The slutty slovenly intoxicated persona is absolutely inspired for the song, even if it was accidental. It worked for the performance. She wasn''t like that Adam Lambert, thrusting away and trying too hard to be sexy. She was saying ''Gimme More'' when she was under the influence, a heartbeat from catatonia. The performance is art.
- "art" with a silent "f", R62?
- Yes. It''s art for the gutter, as Shakespeare''s was in his/her/their time.
- I might be in the minority, but I think that "Blackout" album will be revered (and possibly over-analyzed) by pop historians of the future. It''s actually a great time capsule of its era. Better yet, her debauched, fucked up persona of the time was perfect for it''s fame weary vibe. \
I also agree with the poster who loved that 2007 VMA performance. Its slovenly shock value was kind of mesmerizing. It was like watching a motorized toy wind down as the batteries were slowly running out.
- Blackout is a startling prophecy of what was to come. If Gaga is Circe, Britney is surely Cassandra.
- Blackout was innovative. The media was so focused on Britney''s breakdown and the label couldn''t understand the album, thus it didn''t get the attention it should have recieved. Britney was the executive producer of the album (a first for her), which I think led the label to take it less seriously but also reveals how much of her was part of the album.%0D\
Pop music moves at a fast pace yet Blackout is still current. Listen to Gaga, Kesha, and the other pop princesses of today and we can how they copied a number of the elements in the album. It was an original that has been immitated. Sometimes well, sometimes not.%0D\
That album is pure Britney, the good, the bad and the messy.
- I can''t believe that her 4 fan loons are going on about her like she''s still relevant. Grow up, twinks.
- Does one have to be relevant en masse to be relevant at all?
- Good call, r29. Carson would adore her. Here''s a pic of Carson at a lunch with Marilyn Monroe honoring Isak Dinesen:
- "but she created an image that''s still popular with a particular fanbase."%0D\
Spoken like one of her airhead fans.%0D\
She had absolutely nothing to do with her image. It was all a marketing ploy by executives tired of the LILITH fair era and wanting to bring back slutty pop singers. She can''t sing, and she can''t dance without assistance. (As we saw on that embarassing MTV performance, which any competent entertainer could have easily nailed.) %0D\
And she is an utter mess! She had her kids taken away from her because of her dreadful parenting skills, and she has embarassed herself beyond belief with public meltdowns, uninspired performances and wacked out interviews.%0D\
In control? Of what? It''s a miracle she can get dressed and leave the house by herself.%0D\
All she can do at this point is what she does best, take her clothes off and draw attention to herself.
- Does anyone remember South Park episode about her? britney''s new look, I think it was called. It was chilling, tragic and compassionate, which is unusual for SP. Also clever and to the point, which is usual. I still got chills just thinking about it.
- Magnificent essay called ''Why Britney Spears still matters''....
- And I will also add that her persona fit in well with the Republican Bush years. She, like Hilton, Simpson and all the others defined that era to a T. Dumb, whorish blondes who were not bright and who all seem to revel in being nothing more than dumb eye candy. To many white freeper men, they represent the perfect woman.%0D\
But that era is mercifully over.
- I don''t know where the hell you think you have the right to make such a brazen, insidious assumption, r74. This is what Britney told her fans on twitter this week:\
"I''m really just a boring homebody who loves staying home with my kids and that''s where I''m the happiest."\
Sounds like a mature sweetheart to me.
- [quote]was asked by her local health department who she had sex with so they could be notified. %0D\
Never have I heard of this being required of anyone testing HIV positive. Sounds kind of unconstitutional, bordering on police state fascism.%0D\
At most, they tell the patient to contact previous sex partners. %0D\
Imaging requiring Bathhouse Bobby to list all his partners (that is, if he knows any names)?%0D\
This is a poorly made up blind item%0D\
Bathhouse Bobby, still HIV negative
- "I''m really just a boring homebody who loves staying home with my kids and that''s where I''m the happiest."\
She forgot: "High like a kite, bitches."
- By God, aren''t you the nasty bit of work? Perhaps this extraordinary documentary will finally submerge your bile:
I won''t hold my breath
- Britney is a homebody who loves staying in, cooking* and cleaning**%0D\
** a favorite methhead passtime
- It''s a shame Britney wasn''t in her right mind when Blackout was released. Gimme More, Break the Ice and Piece of me were great singles that could have been huge had everyone, Britney and her label, been into promoting it.
- I think that contributed to Blackout''s cult status, though. It was one to discover, as opposed to getting it shoved down our throats. I love to dance to it.
- People roasted me the first few times I tried to say that blackout was epic. Glad to see I''m not alone. What an awesome cd from beginning to end.
- Britney''s Telephone demo blew me away!
- R71, if it was so easy for record labels to create a long term pop star then everybody and their mother would have Britney Spears career. Seriously, you are coming across like a fool. %0D
YES, we are all aware that labels create a brand but the person behind the brand has to have 'something' special to make it last. It goes beyond marketing.%0D
I think most people who enjoy Britney's songs are well aware that there are better singers (Christina, Alicia Keys), better musicians (Gaga), better songwriters (Pink), greater fashionistas (Gwen), more beautiful popstars (Rihanna), better performers (Pink again). We know honey. Everyone else's greater talent doesn't take away from us enjoying the whole package that is Britney Spears. Part of the package is a genuineness that cuts across along with an ability to choose well. %0D
Point is, if the label was everything, Christina and all the other poptarts and divas would have Britney's career. Alas, they don't, meaning, there is an individual ingredient brought by Spears herself.
- I agree with r84. Britney exudes a certain vulnerability (and has from the start) that seems to hook into people, which makes them inexplicably want to root for her in spite of her shortcomings (she also doesn''t grandstand like Christina does or to a lesser degree, Gaga). In a weird way, she''s the most authentic of the pop stars because she doesn''t overthink what she''s about or overconceptualize it to the point of tediousness. When she''s on, she''s having fun and it shows and that''s infectious. I don''t think anyone would deny that she is a largely studio concocted artist, but she has a trademark growl and purr that she herself brings to the songs that''s all her own, which is why people can instantly identify one of her tracks from those of her peers. That may not be much in the way of talent, but it is something unique she herself brings to the mix. Also, there''s the ineffable star quality that capture''s the public''s imagination, which she has and that''s not something you can fake.
Not a Spears shill...honest!
- A good friend on mine did a photo shoot for Britney (or, rather, her people) in the past 12 months.\
He''s done a lot of work for a lot of names and says it was, by far, the most frustrating and unproductive shoot he has ever done.\
It took all fucking day to get one picture.\
She kept disappearing into the bathroom. And when she finally came out she would have pulled all her extensions out.\
She would then speak in baby talk and kept saying to no one in particular, "Please don''t rape my little pink pussy! Please don''t rape my little pink pussy!" He said it sounded like a come-on and was very creepy.\
He said she appeared to be on something (not meth or coke, but a downer), but also seemed to have serious mental health problems.\
He said she is just a product, a cash cow, her people are propping up to wring a few more dollars out of.
- I think she''s the most vulnerable celebrity since Marilyn or Judy and we know how that turned out. Thankfully today we have medications that can help mentally ill people live better lives. Being bipolar myself, I can see the medicated look on Britney''s face these days. I hope she makes enough money that she can retire in a few years and just sit back and enjoy the life she wants to live.
- Britney does tap into something poetic and primal in performance that many of those anaemic singer-songwriters could never achieve in their wildest dreams.\
The Stronger video was like watching a Babylonian goddess come to life, a startling vision that could command and vanquish whole armies from her dark temple! Totally ferocious and thrilling! When she slams the door of the club, and people fly off their feet at the explosive force, i never fail to cheer!
- R88: well done.
- I wish that Trawick fellow was my babysitter.
- R86''s posting was disturbing--she does not sound like a well woman at all!
- [quote] "Please don''t rape my little pink pussy! Please don''t rape my little pink pussy!" %0D\
At first I LMAO thinking "the cunt kicker strikes again." Then I realized - uh oh this is serious and fits very well with Brit''s crazies.%0D\
I remember when she was just a teen who carried poppers in her purse and just had a drinkie-poo here and there.
- r86 - Courtney Love.
- "I think she''s the most vulnerable celebrity since Marilyn or Judy and we know how that turned out. "%0D\
This thread and the long posts above (MARYS!) has made me wonder... is she going to be the Next Big Gay Icon??? In 30 years, are all the old queens going to be going on about her tragic life and underappreciated talent?%0D\
If she is, Gaga is going to be crushed. %0D\
- Briney Spears and Lindsay Lohan will be the gay icons in 30 years
- Lilo will be forgotten, bitch has no body of work in comparison to JG or BS.
- If Britney is poz, it''d explain the crix belly.
- I loathe her music, but Britney does have something. She''s fascinating.
- "I''ve heard that Courtney Love is HIV+"\
- I just watched the video upthread. I don''t like her music, but there is something about her. I can''t put my finger my it. She''s just intriguing.
- The Stronger video, r101? How would you describe it? Earthy or ethereal?
- Off topic (a bit), but is the guy in the Womaniser vid really the BF of Lance Bass?
- [italic]Briney Spears and Lindsay Lohan will be the gay icons in 30 years[/italic]\
They''ll both be dead by that time, and they''ll already be forgotten by the time this decade is over.
- Lohan maybe, but Spears is forever.
- People forget that during the VMA performance, she was wearing blue contact lenses which probably contributed to the off-kilter aspect of her performance. Her brown eyes are so gorgeous, so I don''t know what that was about.
- Wow, R86. %0D\
Since her mental and emotional problems surfaced, her videos have become much more sexually provocative. Really not good for someone with bipolar. %0D\
Why can''t they just scale it back a bit. Does she really have to look like a half-naked tramp?
- r107, this is pretty harrowing.
- Has anybody ever tried to actually sing Britney live? I tried Womanizer in a sing-off with friends, and lost my breath.
- ^Hell, Britney doesn''t actually sing her songs all the way through--they are put together one syllable at a time in the studio.
- And yet she was heavily pregnant when she performed many of the vocals on Blackout, which are deeply orgasmic!
- Missed our girl at the grammys last night.
- R111, I don''t think half of those vocals are hers. Wasn''t it rumored that Kari Hilson and Robyn, among others, provided a lot of the vocals for that album? %0D\
I love BLACKOUT because it''s the least like a Britney Spears album. There aren''t any bubble gum pop songs, no silly ballads, just a great dance record. Unfortunately it tanked so her next album was the much more formulaic CIRCUS. %0D\
And whoever said it earlier was right. There''s a vulnerability there that''s always come through. I think her days as a huge star are over. People are nostalgic for her to be something she can never be again, sadly.
- Britney Spears when her career first started. She seems sweet and well spoken and articulate here. Is there proof that she has a mental illness? Why doesn''t she speak out about it?
- In what appears to be a revival of Tony Manero''s "Satan''s Alley".
- Absolutely blown away with the HIAM video. Mesmerising concept and poignant, too.
- Love the video. Conceptually, it''s on point. It''s a four minute reveal of Britney''s life, inner conflicts, being trapped by the images of the old Britney (who she''ll never be again) and ultimate resilience (as the two Britney''s wake up from their battle and she rises against to do her short dance routine in the end). The clothes are fabulous. Her make up and weave look really nice. Good fit between director with poptart. This has to be the ''deepest'' video that Britney''s ever done.
- Her music video is good, but her dancing seems very stiff, not at all like she used to dance before she had ISSUES. Wondering if it has something to do with her being heavily medicated.%0D\
- Britney and Jonas - the new Garbo and Stiller.
- Brit''s laying low in Kentwood with the fam.
- For anyone who had trouble with the profound metaphors of the video:
- That video was sad.
- The two teasers released by Dr Luke on twitter sound great. This album will be good.
Loved the video
- They are fucking amazing, aren''t they? I love the "Baby, shut your mouth and turn me inside out..." and the whistling on the other. I think it will be a big summer anthem.
- r123, totally agree. It''s an emotional maelstrom.
- Britney looks like she''s on drugs in that video. It''s as if she can''t even muster the effort to mug for the camera anymore. Her dance routine is D.O.A. It''s hard not to notice that the camera keeps cutting away from her during her so called "moves" and instead focuses primarily on the background dancers. It also looks like post production digitally altered her waist to give the false impression that she''s more slender than she really is. How hard is it for a multi million dollar pop star to stay in shape and learn standard choreography?
- Britney can still dance. There are clips of her practicing choreography around the time of Circus/Womanizer that shows that she can still dance when she puts her mind to it.%0D
This video however was not about her dancing. It was a concept video. The choreography of the fight sequence was probably more important than the dance sequence. The martial arts guy who choreographed the fight talked about working with Spears. Here's part of his comment, rest is at link, MTV:%0D
Jonas wanted a superhuman fight with elements of brutality %E2%80%94 that's right up my alley of how I approach an action scene, so we were definitely all on the same page throughout the process." %0D
Not only were %C3%85kerlund and Ho onboard for some mortal combat, but the star herself warmed up to the idea of battling a clone. "Britney was really excited throughout the whole process. It was a grueling shoot of dance and stunts, but her passion for the video and professionalism never wavered," he explained. %0D
"There were some pretty tough insert shots where we needed Britney to actually get hit in the face by 'herself.' We did several consecutive takes of this, and she had a lot of fun with it and was a great sport. %0D
"Britney was very enthusiastic about learning how to fight; she's an athlete," he added. %0D
It seems that one of the most memorable moves in the fight, Spears' quickstep during the smack-down, was all her own. %0D
"Britney was fantastic about incorporating what we had practiced in rehearsal, and as a consummate performer, she was able to take ownership by adding her own flavor to the fight. There's a quick cut in the video that features Britney taking a series of small shuffle steps in her heels. This is something she came up with herself that I thought added a nice break of 'cuteness' in the fight," he said. "Jonas drowned out the music here to highlight the tapping sounds, and it's really one of my favorite beats of the video."
- Love that Brit gets in her own creative ideas here and there.
- This is hilarious!\
"So what promo are you doing for Blackout?"\
"This is it."\
.. Britney breaks down in laughter..
- What''s this - Britney to appear at the Oscars?!
- bump it like a hood!
- Oh my GOD, she''s doing GMA!!!! Her voice is amazing!!! Sultry!
- Sultryney is BACK!
- LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
- Zac Efron Looking Bloated and Orange
- People are saying her voice sounds too deep in that promo, but its surely her way of promoting Femme Fatale - getting into character?
- wrong thread, r137, although I hope you weren''t suggesting our girl was bloated and orange.
- [quote]People forget that during the VMA performance, she was wearing blue contact lenses which probably contributed to the off-kilter aspect of her performance.\
Did you ever see the rehearsal footage with the stand in? That routine was killer. If she could have pulled it off, she wouldn''t have had anything to worry about... but she''s sick. She''ll never be that Britney again, and her fans need to accept it. Her mental health is more important than anything she''s selling.
1:52-1:58 is the best
- lulz. It''s so hilarious to see this thread filled with her loons. Time to grow up, meth addicted twinks. She''s a has-been loser. They bought up her crap song the first week it was released, and then it took a nosedive week #2. The fastest nosedive in the history of Billboard. So many tragic cases on here, but I would be lying if I didn''t find these weirdos somewhat entertaining, something no one has ever said about Spears. She''s 30 years old this year. I wonder if she''ll allow her father to stop caring for her. The bitch should have been fixed early. Her white trash genes kicked in, making her shit out a couple of kids she can''t care for.
- Troll-dar r129. All the pages light up yellow.
- Blackout is one of the greatest pop albums ever.\
Oh, and Brit Brit will be doing a live performance in San Fran in the Castro district on March 29...
- "She''s a has-been loser." \
Just you wait!!!
- r141, you will rue those appalling words. Femme Fatale is going to blow all comers away. People yearn for Britney because she fulfils an archetype in the culture. Anyone that despises her LOVES to, and those who love her do it with intense devotion. She ultimately can''t lose.
- Does anyone here yearn for the days when celebrities actually had talent and their bizarre antics weren''t a huge part of their fame?\
Years ago, it was actually shocking when a celebrity did something crazy, now it''s the norm because most of these people are marginally if talented at all, so their antics become their careers! \
Their scandalous lives are more important than their talent and that''s what keeps them in the news. When they put out a new CD, a movie or star in a new TV show, it''s usually shitty, because most of these flakes aren''t truly talented.\
Frankly I''m sick of all of them, Britney, Lohan, Sheen etc. Some producer should have a ''Celebrity Survivor'', then we can watch them all kill each other.
- Please don''t say that r146. You don''t know what she''s been through, and how much heart she truly has. She even had to affect an English accent just to ward off these rabid dogs:
you''ve never given her a chance
- That is one of the saddest things I have ever seen, R147. I wouldn''t be able to handle that level of intrusion, I am sure most of us wouldn''t. Those leeches only see her as dollar signs and not a human being with a heart and soul like everyone else.
- I''d have no problem believing this could be Britney but various Blind items about the HIV+ singer have been kicking around on CDAN for years now. This sounds like a new and improved version. \
There were also rumours that Kevin gave her a nasty STD and she had to have the kids by C section. Of course I have no idea if she even had them by C section. \
I met her many years ago and even then there was something off about her and a little sad. I don''t think she''s been able to handle her fame or really enjoyed it for a long time.
- God, I had to turn off that video at R147''s link. Absolutely horrible--I don''t like her music and I think she''s trashy, but...damn.
- Who could LIVE like this? She should be sainted.
- Why has K-Fed become morbidly obese - is this due to illness?
- Everytime uncut
- Re: 151''s link. I''m sorry, but Jamie Lynn is a little bitch--and the woman had every right to be angry. Every time Britney moves into a neighborhood all hell breaks loose for the residents.
- Well, you can see both sides of the issue. That complaining woman has the luxury of being able to walk in open air SPACES.
- When Britney hits 36, she will need round the clock supervision.
- Yeah, but Britney chooses to remain in show business. She''s not exactly helpless.
- Believe it or not, she has to financially support the daddy of her kids.
- Why would should she have to support HIM? Obviously she''s going to take care of her kids (and I do believe she loves her kids very much), but let his fat ass go out and find some gainful employment.
- R159 has a very good point. \
The man cannot work at all? Come on now.
- If any of you have time, please watch this documentary of interviews with Britney called For the Record. The stuff she says about dance being her art and her only form of therapy in life are illuminating and poignant.\
Her lifestyle seems utterly exhausting, emotionally devastating and spiritually malnourished.
- [quote]Obviously she''s going to take care of her kids (and I do believe she loves her kids very much)\
Oh, puhleeze, fraulina. She shouldn''t be anywhere near children.\
[quote]Why would should she have to support HIM?\
Why not? There are plenty of men who support lazy stupid women.
- What the fuck? r162, you are deranged.
- I hope Britney "writes" an auto-biography soon. I think it could leave other celeb tell-alls in the dust!
The Autobiography Troll
- R162 = a very bitter Christina Skagulara
- I think she''s bipolar (so am I) but has it under control. It doesn''t mean you are crazy or she''s going to be on the edge of insanity her whole life. Despite what he did to Shar, Kevin Federline has acted in the best interest of the kids, a lot of people (men and women, alike) would''ve kept those children from her and bled her dry while tangling them as a unreachable carrot in front of her. As soon as she seemed more stable, you saw her with her kids again. So I respect him for that. She also had a pretty good father, if Lohan would''ve had the same, she wouldn''t have the problems she has now.
- Britney and her family are definitely an easy target. I think they can deal with all the white trash jibes as long as they have one another. Britney must be thankful she''s not Frances Cobain.
- Is Britney doing the Oscars later? Since the new albe is called FEMME FATALE, she should do a concept performance in front of images of the great Hollywood vamps.\
I should so be her manager.
- Two parties tonight - Franco''s and Madonna''s. Which would be the best career move?
- Britney should pull a Demi Moore and move someplace peaceful in the middle of nowhere for a few years.\
Not Louisiana-- too much of her fucked up family there.
- She went fishing with her family and boyfriend at the weekend and even there, the paps were snapping away. \
I don''t think there''s anywhere on earth she could go where they wouldn''t follow. I''d top myself.
- Britney as Oscar host next year? Franco BOMBED!
- What will her ''big news'' tomorrow entail?
- That she''s been braindead for the past 3 years?
- Wow, r174 - an original and stinging insult! Bite your tongue, you repulsive twot.
- Madonna lifted one of Brit''s dresses for last night''s Oscars. Should she be honored?!
- I just read in Rolling Stone that in 2008 her father was granted permanent legal control over her affairs. Would a court award that if she wasn''t seriously messed up?
- Who is this Britney Spears-loving frau twat we have up in here? She keeps bring up this has-been cunt in every thread, threads that aren''t even about her. What a loon!
- r177, I think she had a complete nervous breakdown or something.
- I don''t know if she''ll ever be this lively again. Some would call that maturity. I just think she''s charming as hell.
- r180, get thee to a Twatney Spears forum, stat! I think you accidentally stumbled upon this web site.
- Please get out of the thread r181, if you have absolutely nothing constructive to contribute but associating Britney with orifice terms. You are the troll here.
- At this point she probably has control of her finances and decided to let her dad continue managing them. It''s not like he''s stealing from her. She''s doing really well financially therefore there is no reason to rock the boat.
- I love Britney, can''t wait for her album.
a lesbian brit brit fan - we actually do exist
- Gorgeous shots of Britney by Testino coming out later this month. Can''t wait - he''s really given her the Princess Di treatment!
- Notice that Britney gives a shout out to one of Xtina''s Bionic songs as a personal fave. That is class on her part.
- Thew new Britney song has LEAKED. Fucking anthem!!!
- She looks so great in the promo shots and I am counting down the days until I can hear the entire album.
- Till the World Ends has leaked and it''s amazing.
Still making hits 13 years on...
- OOO I''ve just come.
- r191, how old are you?
- Why, r192? Do you not trust me to carry off an invigorating, articulate and engrossing debate about Britney?
- r193, just answer the question.
- I don''t like your TONE, dad.
- I knew that you''d be too chickenshit to answer the question.
- Trolldar r196 - he has posted some of the most vile, bluntly cuntish comments regarding Britney through this thread. Your number is up, asshole. Find another celeb to blame for your life''s misery. Vile.
- r197, I believe it''s I WANNA GO. Check THIS baby out!!!!
- r198 = posting from the psych ward. lmfao!
- "Working with Britney was a beautiful experience. In these last years I''ve worked really hard and with a lot of stars, but the sensibility and the emotion that her eyes gave me was unique, in one word...fantastic! It is weird but I was embarrassed by her light. I know there are many stars but not all shine like her!"\
- Mario Testino
- I like the new song. %0D\
I figured Kesha for a co-writer immediately. I like Kesha for the amusement value of her lyrics, she just needs to realize that she is not a natural performer.%0D\
Britney is getting interviewed by Seacrest this morning. It''s been a long time since she''s done an interview which is a healthy sign that she''s much more into it now than she was via Circus.
- Apparently she''s doing a full hour with Seacrest. It will be thrilling to engage with her mindset at this point. Did you like that snippet posted above, r202?
- She sounding great on Seacrest, and i adore that laugh. Kind of awkward to play a 2003 Justin track with Britney sitting right there!!!
- r204 is the biggest weirdo on the planet! Again, how fucking old are you?
- God, you''re obsessed with me! I''m a bit scared now. Back to Britney, here''s the interview with Seacrest:
- bump it like a hood.
- Britney is a talentless whore.%0D\
When will she show the paps her va jay jay again?
- Thought she sounded good with Seacrest, it has been a long time since a Britney interview live. Looking forward to GMA.
- Fuck you, r208. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
- What''s interesting is that Charlie Sheen is evidently psychotic, but is lauded for his libertine spirit. When Britney cracked up, she was ridiculed and spat on.
- [italic]Thought she sounded good with Seacrest[/italic]\
She sounded more retarded than when she was a teenager. She''s 30 years old for christ''s sake! Two kids, and she has to have daddy make all of her decisions for her. People like her should be forced sterilization.
- That''s because Charlie Sheen is entertaining. Britney Spears is a vapid moron, with the personality of a turd. She''s boring. Her daily routine is getting fat, eating crap, and going to Starbucks. Whoopie!
- It''s just typical American misogyny.
- R212, as you know Britney has never been a rocket scientist and had a complicated childhood which stunted her emotional growth, she also has mental health issues. The last several years there has been questions about how "with it" she is. So for her, I thought she sounded great. Cogent and lucid, and able to engage with Ryan and his cohost. She''s never going to be a contestant on Jeopardy.
- Britney is only boring to people who are themselves vapid, and desperately look to hip, overly opinionated and narcissistic rolemodels to emulate. She''s not hip, but she''s human, she''s been through the mill to quote her great predecessor Miss Garland and I absolutely adore her humility.\
Joyless cunts like the recurring pest in this thread (r213 and counting) will never tear her down again.
- If Britney wasn''t female, the world wouldn''t be feeling "sorry for her". Give it a rest. She''s a shit stain on American culture.
- Britney would not have achieved her unique position in pop music without being female.
- Now, let''s lighten the tone in this thread with one of Britney''s classiest hits.
- [italic]Now, let''s lighten the tone in this thread with one of Britney''s classiest hits.[/italic]\
- Had to get one in there didn''t you? Britney is a performer, which means she PLAY-ACTS. She was Lady Diana Spencer in that clip, so what''s your problem?
- r221/troll of the entire thread, is certifiable!
- SHE PLAY-ACTS!!!!!!!!!!
- Britney looks like she stinks. I mean, seriously. She probably does not know to hit the three key areas with a washcloth- tits, pits, and ass.
- A troll is somebody who spreads malice and vice r222... if people care to troll dar him/her, they will see most of the inflammatory comments in this topic have come from his/her foul fingertips.\
I have given substance to the subject of Britney in a topic created in her honor. No troll here, so fuck the hell off.
- [italic]A troll is somebody who spreads malice and vice[/italic]\
Uh, no, dear. You''re a fucking moron. You''re a troll because you''re spamming the site for Shitney Smears. Would you rather us call you a "spammer" instead of a "troll"? Your choice. You talk about this cunt in threads that have nothing to do with her. You are obviously seriously mentally ill. You''re probably Smears herself. Take it to a Shitney message board already!
- Love you Brit.
- LOL @ r227. We can see by the yellow, dear/troll. You need to be banned already!
- Paris Hilton was such a Cunt to Brittany.
- Who cares?
- Many are, r229. She''s got so many in her face and she''s not even gay.
- I''m watching that documentary for the record and yeah I still hate her music, but she''s really endearing.
- Her appearance on Seacrest pretty much shot down that she''s the drug addled nutcase barely able to function. Gonna say what I think and you can decide if I''m wrong.\
She looks like shit because she''s not on the clock and doesn''t care. When she''s "at work," doing a shoot or touring or making a public appearance, then she will bother to look nice. Until then, her attitude is fuck it. In other words, the anti-Gaga.\
She can''t dance any more because her knee is wrecked. Repeated injuries and surgeries to the same area have probably resulted in lost cartilege and put her at increased risk of another injury, perhaps one that will cripple her. So she can''t be the dancer she was but is still expected to deliver it because she has no voice to fall back on.\
She is a recluse because she was truly embarrassed by what happened, is probably tired of it all and would like to just go back to Louisiana and disappear. But K-Fed has the full custody of the kids and she won''t leave them.\
That''s what I think, anyway.
- R233, licking Britney''s grits.\
B''s cray cray.
- Her Seacrest interview cemented the fact that she''s just dumb and lucky. She said nothing of substance at all, every song was "cool" and "like makes you wanna dance."
- "to say at all"
- She''s far from dumb... she''s just very guarded and won''t give Seacrest an inch.\
Ryan was perving on Brit''s boyfriend Jason through the whole thing anyway.
- please provide examples on how shes "far from dumb"
- I LOVE this video. She is bloody adorable.\
- what does "guarded" have to do with knowing how to describe your own music properly?
- She is the poetic vessel for the music. She is not the intellectual laborer behind the conceptual ideas, which are many, in the upcoming Femme Fatale album.\
She has a beautiful family to bring up, and we''re just lucky she still gives a damn about us.
- She''s trailer trash who forgot to leave the trash back in Oklahoma or whatever trailer trash state she comes from.
- r242, that "trash" you write of happen to be green and can buy her lots of nice things. The trailer is a luxury mansion which she moved into last week.
- its really interesting you mentioned her family - I really, truly believe that''s all shes concerned about now. shes over fame, shes over being a popstar. she shows up to keep the machine keep moving, to make money for her and her family. I dont believe shes really concerned with any "fans" anymore.
- Time to close this thread, forcing the troll to go back to where it came from.
- The Britney hating troll will get bored eventually r245. This thread must stay open - the album will drop soon and they will be all over this topic likes flies to feces!
- Longer snippet of Inside Out has leaked. Sounds hot!
SO COME ON!
- r243, she can have all the green in the world, she won''t ever be able to buy herself out of being dumbass trailer trash.%0D\
You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can''t take the trailer out of the girl.
- britney bump
- She is NOT trash.
- Britney was considred for the part of Anne Boleyn in The Tudors (she used an English accent in public to prepare) but had to bow out from auditioning due to her 2007 troubles, - so they went with an unknown named Natalie Dormer. \
Brit would have been interesting, for sure.
- Here is a preview mega mix from the album. It''s probably a matter of time till the album leaks. Popjustice says it''s as good as Blackout...
- If it''s close to as good as Blackout then it will be amazing. %0D\
Sounds like we''re close to a leak of the album. Can''t wait to hear it.
- I Wanna Go is fucking incredible. It''s so feelgood, you''ll flooding tears of joy.
- Oh Lord. Thank you for making Britney Str8 with kids. Please don''t make her ''turn''.%0D\
Ta-ta for now.x.%0D\
- Her new album is pretty fucking great!
- It''s more than great. It''s going to change the playing field. It''s what scholars call a MAGNUM OPUS.
- r257 = 300 lbs
- Is there a way we can get the anti-Britney troll OUT of this thread?
- You are the anti-Britney troll. Your faux fawning is getting tedious. You''ve taken the joke as far as it can go, give it a rest.%0D\
- I am in deadly earnest when I state that I adore that girl. She is a paragon without blemish to me. I want you GONE. Leave us to fawn.
- Britney can have any sort of deal she wants, Femme Fatale is THAT BEAUTIFUL.
Tears of joy as I write
- The album leaked and it''s really good. ONTD LJ has links in case anyone cares to hear it. I''ll definitely be buying it when it comes out on in two weeks.
- Can someone start a new thread for this amazing album? It deserves it.
Currently in pop heaven
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me- Gay Parody Music Video by CRUSH...\
These guys are hot.
- In the new Rolling Stone interview, Brit said she''s a fan of Robyn and Adele.
- Britney performing in Vegas. She looks out of it. She always looks out of it when she''s performing these days. You can tell she can care less at this point about being a pop star.
- She looks great!
- I have to admit, I have been on the anti-Britney bandwagon for a few years now. The girl''s life has been a mess, she is the definition of white trash, and hearing her sing "live" is a joke.\
That being said, I love the new album! Almost every song is good (it took me a few listens to some of them to catch on) with the exception of maybe "He about to lose me" which is a bonus track anyway.\
Sure, her voice is over-synthesized and tweeked on just about every track, but the music is great and fun. I figure in this day and age when the voice doesn''t really matter (Ke$ha anyone?), it''s all about the production value, and Femme Fatale has it.
- I''m finding the promos for her new video rather compelling.%0D\
lol so does iamwhoiami thats who she stole the whole viral video scheme from. Iam''s is more interesting though.
- Made me cry!
- Looking at the clips in R271''s video you can see that she really used to love performing. She''s never been a good singer, but she definitely had a spark on stage and you can tell that she loved dancing. Now she''s so stiff and vacant, like she''s being pushed out on stage when all she wants to do is leave it all behind and live in peace. It''s kind of sad.
- r269, the voice doesn''t really matter?!?!?%0D\
Kindly whip yourself with a wet noodle 50 times.%0D\
Such blasphemy will NOT be tolerated.%0D\
- In Britney''s case the voice doesn''t matter. Her voice as it is is so compelling and sultry that to give it broader dimensions would take away its unique appeal.
- She does what she does and some folks like it. But she is just truly not a happy person working at all. The little teasers which have been on t.v. about her new c.d. just downright sadden me because she is just medically dazed and dull doing them. \
From what I have heard, her new c.d is good for dancing (it will totally be played in the clubs a bit) and all that good stuff. But, at what cost to her? I remember when she was a teenager and all of that and so maybe that is why I feel sorry for her.
- Trip to your Heart is such a beautiful song.
- Her new CD is pure dance music. Energetic and catchy.%0D\
From the couple of clips of last night''s performance it looks as if she''s getting some of her old energy and interest back.%0D\
Britney needs to go back to wearing sneakers and flats for dancing. It''s obvious that her fear of re-injuring her knee makes her stiffer when she''s dancing while wearing heels. Vids of her dancing in the studio wearing comfortable sneakers show us that she still has some old moves but that won''t be seen until she''s wearing the same type of comfortable shoes during live performances.
- Britney looks hot.
- I wish this video were better quality. One can see that her body is on point and she looks much happier performing. Love this song too.
- She is SO FUCKING FIERCE!!! I''m actually screaming and crying along with the crowd watching this!
- r280 needs to die in a grease fire. SERIOUSLY! What a tragic loon!
- r281 - you SO incredibly vicious, that it takes my breath away.
- Points for Britney''s handlers for aiming her at SF LGBT Historical Society Museum in the Castro!\
That''s gonna get them some great PR and interest from the mostly idiotic local gays.
SF Gay Gayerson III
- Britney''s GMA performance--she''s so vacant they might as well have just played the video and have been done with it:
- Thanks for the link, r284, I forgot about it being on.%0D\
Sounded like a lot of lip syncing.%0D\
Why in the fuck wasn''t she dancing more?
- It''s been the happiest day of my life.
- I was actually surprised at how lucid she was in the Seacrest interview. She looks like she would be a mess. Why does she even bother with those extensions, if she won''t maintain them properly?
- Britney always lipsyncs. Fans have come to expect it. We don''t care.\
Britney looked fairly together on GMA including her usually hideous weave. Dancing is still spotty but she actually improved from the Vegas TTWE to the GMA version. This and her doing promotion FINALLY makes the fans happy.
- We certainly are! I love the apocalyptic imagery during TTWE.
- Of course Britney lipsyncs. The bitch can''t sing.
- She is getting trashed from all sides now. The New York Times was one of the worst! She''s also not expected to hit #1 with this new flop album in the UK. Poor thing. They''re revealing just how out of it Spears truly is. Apparently, she stares off into space, and her handlers have to take her by the hand and walk her to wherever she needs to go. Carson Daily just blasted her because he was told that he cannot ask her questions that haven''t been reviewed first and OK''ed, and it has to be pre-taped. Bottom line, the woman is going to be dead in a few years. Mark my words.
- That is such B, r291! Going to be dead?! She has Jason and two adorable boys. A family that love her.
- She''s in a downward spiral. I actually think it''s cruel that they are pushing her out on stage like a wind-up doll, all so they can keep the money flowing like she''s an ATM machine or something.\
I wonder if she''s going to have to pay for Federline''s lastest spawn, too? She''s already supporting his fat ass as it is.
- Blah, blah, blah.%0D\
Most stars get pre-approval of questions. That''s one of the things that the queen of pop can get away with. %0D\
The album reviews are generally positive as they should be since it''s a great pop albu.%0D\
The haters are desperately searching for negativety, alas, it''s Britney, she''ll continue to sell.
- Britney is also incredibly down to earth and sweet natured.
- Allmusic- 3.5/ 5 stars%0D\
LA Times- 3/4 stars%0D\
Yeah, Britney is getting raked over the coals for a bad album. Not.%0D\
Favorable reviews and at worse a mixed review here and there a great sign for a pop act. Pop acts in general have a short shelf life. Britney''s continual presence and positive reviews show staying power.
- Aguilera and Spears have been exchanging complimentary twitter messages today.
- r294, Queen of pop? More like the Queen of pop tarts.%0D\
She and her "career" are one of the biggest jokes foisted on the US and indeed the world in recent history.%0D\
Who pays good money to see a slut who can''t even sing?
- You are the type of fucking scum she wouldn''t want near her show. Did you just call her a SLUT, son of a bitch?\
She''s a fucking PARADIGM OF GRACE.
- r299, Yeah she showed a lot of grace when she showed her snatch to the paparazzi a few years back.%0D\
She''s an untalented, trashy whore.
- I haven''t read this whole thread, but watched the GMA link. She looked like she was in pain and could not dance nor move with ease. I''m wondering if she''d had liposuction and is still recovering. Does one need to recover from lipo? I don''t know. It''s the first thing that came to my mind. %0D\
Dancing or not, she still has IT and the audience can''t take their eyes off of her. I wish her well.
- She is stiff. Don''t think it''s lipo. %0D\
It looks like a combo of fear (she''s no longer confident on tv dancing since the disaster VMA performance) and she not going all out while wearing heels. %0D\
When wearing the really high heels for HIAM Britney didn''t do much dancing. She did more for TTWE when her heel were lower. %0D\
Britney used to do great dancing before the two knee surgeries and when wearing sneakers. I''d prefer her going back to those sneakers and giving more to the dancing (i.e. her behind the scenes dance studio vids where we see her dancing) instead of wearing heels and being overly concerned that she''ll blow her knee again.%0D\
The MTV behind the scenes might give us something. Sounds like she was battling a cold when filming a few months ago.
- The Trouble With Britney Spears
Four years after Britney Spears%E2%80%99 breakdown, she%E2%80%99s again promoting a new album, Femme Fatale, out Tuesday, though it%E2%80%99s far from clear she%E2%80%99s fully recovered. But industry sources tell Jacob Bernstein that won%E2%80%99t hurt her career.
How do you market a pop star with a fragile connection to reality and a work ethic that appears to be somewhat diminished?
It%E2%80%99s a question record labels have faced over and over again, from the worst days of Stevie Nicks and Chaka Khan%E2%80%99s careers in the late 1970s and early %E2%80%9980s, to Whitney Houston%E2%80%99s comeback attempt last year, and finally to Britney Spears.
On Tuesday her new album, Femme Fatale, is released, and Jive/Zomba is doing everything it can to keep her in the public eye, while at the same time avoiding the glare that comes with that.
The solution: Britney Spears, everywhere and nowhere, all at once.
She%E2%80%99s doing interviews with magazines over email (enabling her to control which questions get asked and answered), pre-taping performances on morning shows (helping to insure that there won%E2%80%99t be a repeat of her 2008%E2%80%99s MTV Music Awards fiasco), and going on Glee, where her appearance can be scripted to the letter.
Even in the case of the hit Fox TV show, the results from her episode last fall haven%E2%80%99t exactly inspired confidence from people around her, insiders say.
A source on the Glee set tells The Daily Beast that Spears appeared %E2%80%9Cout of it%E2%80%9D during the filming of her scenes and totally reliant on her team of career minders in order to function professionally. %E2%80%9CThey led her to her mark and she%E2%80%99d sit there like a deer in the headlights until she had to say her lines,%E2%80%9D the source says. %E2%80%9CWhen she was finished, they%E2%80%99d take her by the hand and lead her away again.%E2%80%9D (A spokesman for Spears did not respond to requests for comment for this article.)
The whole thing feels rather like Weekend at Bernie%E2%80%99s, but instead of a murdered gangster, there%E2%80%99s a catatonic entertainer.
But what else is Spears%E2%80%99 team to do? Four years ago, their golden goose had a meltdown of Charlie Sheen-like proportions, shaving her head and then attacking a car with an umbrella, as a slew of paparazzi went snap, snap, snap. From there, she spent the next few months checking in and out of rehab centers, failing to show up at custody hearings for her children, and being hospitalized, presumably for having a psychological break. Her money was placed in a conservatorship that her father, a notorious stage parent, controls to this day.
Since then, things have gotten quieter, but there have been conflicting indications that Spears has fully come out the other end, or that she even wants to be famous anymore. Touring in 2009 for another album, the appropriately titled Circus, the singer of mega-hits like %E2%80%9C%E2%80%A6Baby, One More Time%E2%80%9D and %E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m a Slave 4 U%E2%80%9D barely addressed her fans on the microphone in between songs. During an appearance on Ellen around that time, Spears did a skit where she went caroling with the chat host, but she hid the entire time beneath a pair of sunglasses, again saying little.
One source whose company makes money from Spears says, %E2%80%9CThe idea of a star having a breakdown and putting them back into place is near impossible,%E2%80%9D before going on to liken her promotion process to putting %E2%80%9Can alcoholic back in a bar and expecting them to be OK%E2%80%A6 So you end up putting in safety cushions and still, it seems weird.%E2%80%9D
That it does. One after the other the interviews come, and one after the other, the elephant in the room just gets bigger.
In V, the indie fashion bible, just about the only things revealed in the interview accompanying Mario Testino%E2%80%99s photo portfolio are Spears%E2%80%99 views on astrology (%E2%80%9CI like to believe there is a little magic in the world, but I also believe we choose our own path%E2%80%9D), whom she would most like to collaborate with (%E2%80%9Cyou%E2%80%99ll just have to wait and see%E2%80%9D), and what%E2%80%99s been on her iPod lately (The Black Eyed Peas, M.I.A., and Christina Aguilera).
Oh, and she informs readers that she doesn%E2%80%99t read mean things that get printed about her. %E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m past of all of that,%E2%80%9D Spears, or someone close to her, says. %E2%80%9CI try to block it all out and not pay attention to anything they write about me in the magazines or online. I%E2%80%99m done with that.%E2%80%9D
In Out, meanwhile, Spears gives up who%E2%80%99s her favorite Golden Girl (%E2%80%9CBetty White, because she%E2%80%99s so sweet and innocent%E2%80%9D), that Lady Gaga is %E2%80%9Cunique,%E2%80%9D and that she has a phobia of flying because she%E2%80%99s %E2%80%9Cnot in control.%E2%80%9D
%E2%80%9CIf you%E2%80%99re limited in what you can do [on the publicity trail], eventually the public figures it out,%E2%80%9D says the last source. %E2%80%9CShe%E2%80%99s in a busy market with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Ke$ha. There%E2%80%99s a lot of artists in that lane. It%E2%80%99s hard to keep putting Band-Aids on and hoping the problem goes away. Eventually, the public figures it out.%E2%80%9D
Maybe so, but what%E2%80%99s most surprising is that many in the industry continue to believe Spears%E2%80%99 career will be just fine whether or not the public believes that she%E2%80%99s gotten her marbles back and and whether or not there%E2%80%99s an ethical problem with all these people around Spears trying to make money off a woman who may be psychologically disturbed and is certainly ambivalent about her fame.
Already, Femme Fatale%E2%80%99s first single, %E2%80%9CHold It Against Me,%E2%80%9D went to No. 1 on the Billboard charts. And buzz on its follow-up, %E2%80%9CTill the World Ends%E2%80%9D is largely positive. Further, a surprise performance by Spears at a Vegas nightclub Friday night seemed to go well enough, though Spears continues to show little of the incredible dancing technique she possessed in the earlier days of her career. (She also does not seem to be singing much of anything, although that was pretty much always the case.)
%E2%80%9CI think she%E2%80%99ll do well%E2%80%9D with this album, says Bob Lefsetz, writer of an industry newsletter that%E2%80%99s big with A&R types. %E2%80%9CShe%E2%80%99s a brand name and she%E2%80%99s working with the best people in the business.%E2%80%9D (These folks include Dr. Luke, who produced much of the album and is currently the most in-demand producer in the industry.)
As Lefsetz sees it, Spears has always appeared to be a tool of marketing people, an %E2%80%9Cinanimate object%E2%80%9D who is largely presented as such. %E2%80%9CShe works with these people who churn it out, there%E2%80%99s no soul, the records come and go%E2%80%A6Everyone knew Madonna was intelligent. She was a phenomenal marketer. No one believes Britney is pulling the strings%E2%80%A6 You just don%E2%80%99t want to take her too seriously.%E2%80%9D
- NYT basically trashes Britney's new album
There%E2%80%99s something irretrievably last-decade about Britney Spears, once the bionic princess of the pure pop revival and now a relic of quainter times. For today%E2%80%99s female stars, pop is the medium, but the modes of delivery are convoluted, even counterintuitive: Lady Gaga%E2%80%99s moody, dizzying performance art; Kesha%E2%80%99s wastoid slacker rap; even Katy Perry%E2%80%99s doe-eyed stumbles toward complexity.
Ms. Spears is above all that and also incapable of any of it. Her voice is thin and sweet and coy. It%E2%80%99s little more than a lure, and also a pretense. Without the singing there is no stardom, but the stardom was conferred for everything but the singing. Even when Ms. Spears is no longer famous, she will still be a star.
More than any of her previous releases %E2%80%9CFemme Fatale%E2%80%9D is blank. Ms. Spears isn%E2%80%99t much more than a celebrity spokeswoman for the work of the producers Max Martin, Dr. Luke and others, who need artists like Ms. Spears as calling cards. But whereas her collaborators in the past %E2%80%94 these and others %E2%80%94 have used her as a guinea pig for their cleverest work, much of the music on this album feels flat and redundant, no more invigorating than the average European dance-pop album of five years ago.
A decade ago, when she was at her apex, Ms. Spears might not have been a great vocalist, but she was a risk taker with an ear for forward-leaning dance-pop. %E2%80%9CFemme Fatale%E2%80%9D is her seventh album, an accomplishment of its own, and an impressive total from someone who%E2%80%99s given over huge chunks of time and energy to the tabloid morass. But now Britney Spears albums ask very little of Ms. Spears.
There are words on this album, though they generally don%E2%80%99t express meaning so much as create a structure, a reason for Ms. Spears%E2%80%99s attendance. Ms. Spears has no writing credits here, and in some places the lyrics she%E2%80%99s provided with read as a cruel prank. The energetic single %E2%80%9CHold It Against Me%E2%80%9D is, in essence, seduction based on a Groucho Marx joke. On %E2%80%9C(Drop Dead) Beautiful%E2%80%9D she intones airlessly, %E2%80%9CGot me kinda hot but I ain%E2%80%99t sweating you/Steaming like a pot full of vegetables.%E2%80%9D (An exception is %E2%80%9CI Wanna Go,%E2%80%9D on which Ms. Spears sings of the scrum that surrounds her %E2%80%94 %E2%80%9CLately people got me all tied up/ there%E2%80%99s a countdown waiting for me to erupt%E2%80%9D %E2%80%94 though with utter disinterest.)
Throughout, she%E2%80%99s barreled over by the high-octane cacophony: everyone lands punches but her. The only artful assault, though, is %E2%80%9CHow I Roll,%E2%80%9D produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus, a stream of video game noises, hiccups, digital groans and twee sighs. It%E2%80%99s the point at which this album wakes up, albeit briefly, and at which Ms. Spears is used as a vital instrument, not just window dressing.
- Rebecca Black''s "Friday" is beating Britney on iTunes. LMFAO!
- Oh no, it looks like Britney%E2%80%99s new album won%E2%80%99t go to Number One in the UK\
Bad news for Britney Spears %E2%80%93 the 29-year-old singer%E2%80%99s new album Femme Fatale looks very much in danger of missing out on the Number One spot this weekend. This makes us sad.\
We think Femme Fatale is Britney%E2%80%99s best album to date, but it seems the record buying public don%E2%80%99t agree %E2%80%93 Brit%E2%80%99s seventh album is at Number Three in mid-week sales chart, behind Adele and Radiohead. Radiohead%E2%80%99s The King Of Limbs is only a few thousand copies ahead of Brit, but Adele%E2%80%99s mega-selling 21 has sold more than 42,000 copies verses just over 13,000 sold by Britney. Obviously these figures only take one day of sales into account, but Britney%E2%80%99s going to have to do more than pose with her leg in the air if she wants to debut at Number One.
- God her performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" tonight was terrible and she looked bad, bloated, and tired.
- The tour with Enrique Iglesias is still said to be possibly happening. The tour is being sponsored by Big Lots. LOLLLLLLLL!!!!!\
Her album is at 66% on mediacritic.\
Even if her album hits #1 next week, it''ll nosedive the week album, just like her last single. Her current single is already bombing. Poor Brit Brit. 30 ain''t looking so hot now. Time to waddle into to the trailer park senior center.\
Warning: Link contains un-Photoshopped photo taken last month.
- And another.
- [quote]A source on the Glee set tells The Daily Beast that Spears appeared "out of it" during the filming of her scenes and totally reliant on her team of career minders in order to function professionally. "They led her to her mark and she''d sit there like a deer in the headlights until she had to say her lines," the source says. "When she was finished, they''d take her by the hand and lead her away again." (A spokesman for Spears did not respond to requests for comment for this article.)\
I found this part particularly disturbing. Is it her bipolar that causes her to appear so out of it, or the meds? It almost sounds like she''s catatonic or mentally retarded.
- The best thing about a hater is knowing they are miserable people. Instant karma in practice.
- Damn, are there some scared Gaga fanbois posting or what?%0D\
Britney has NEVER had a #1 album in the UK. NONE in the UK dearie and yet the bitch is STILL here. %0D\
Give the shit up already. Spears is still better reviewed that most other poptarts. It''s pop music not a cure for cancer.%0D\
In terms of performances HIAM was better on Jimmy Kimmel than it was in Vegas and GMA. Means that Britney is getting more confident with each tv performance. Thank the goddess.
- r312, you forgot to take the other pill, hon.
- Maybe she''s not bipolar but schizophrenic.
- It''s laughable that anyone could ever think that Britney is the heir to Madonna''s pop crown. Gaga comes closest. Madonna can still run circles around Britney despite the age difference.
- Schizophrenic meds have more zombie-like side effects, but she could still be bipolar I.\
Of course, no one knows what she really has, it''s all speculation. \
Carson Daly called her people out on Twitter today. They wanted to tape an interview, take the tape, edit it and hand it back to him. He told them to fuck off.\
I feel so badly for her; another child star who never had a chance. I''m a cynical, misanthropic cunt, but I cried when I saw that video of her outside her mansion, crying her eyes out while the paps had the cameras on her. Truly sad.
- She was really cute on Jimmy Kimmel and her performances improved a bit too.\
I''m really rooting for her, I want her to to do well and get better. \
She isn''t the performer she once was but I do like it when she succeeds in the face of all the critics.
- She needs to leave the business for good.
- I still love Britney, but agree with r318.%0D\
If she just isn''t happy, get the fuck out!%0D\
Doesn''t she have enough money to live out the rest of her days in peace?
- Britney Spears: Mad Genius documentary -
- My fear is that this woman is going to kill herself. And then everyone will be gathered in a huge weeping circle, wailing "What happened?!!"\
I''ll tell you what happened. We - the public eye - killed her. \
The people around her who are keeping her career going ought to be shot. I agree that she needs to get out of the business if she wants to live.
- Carmanica from the NYT didn't listen to the album. He wrote 'she (Britney) intones airlessly, "Got me kinda hot but I ain%E2%80%99t sweating you/Steaming like a pot full of vegetables.%E2%80%9D '. Those lyrics weren't sung by Britney, they were 'airlessly intoned' by the rapper, Sabi.
Carmanica has always been a dolt. When he tore up Pink's fabulous Funhouse it became evident that he doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to pop music.
Britney controlling the media is the smartest move she's ever made. I don't buy the b.s. meme that she's a puppet. She's always played a role in her music and decisions regarding publicity, whether it's coming up with video concepts, to choosing singles, to co-writing songs for In the Zone to being the executive producer of Blackout. The idea that she's a puppet is the theme of detractors and those who can't see that while Britney's a product, she had a hand in her own branding.
Larry Rudolph has never had success prior to Britney. Most other pop acts he's managed have failed thus it's not those around her that have made her a star, it is her own doing. Britney has fired and re-hired Rudolph countless times. Best to keep him around being the bulldog and taking the blame for her elusiveness.
Her recent decision to go Garbo on us after a public breakdown is incredibly savvy. No one who's been humiliated and written about like Britney would allow the press free access. That would be career suicide, especially if she's concerned about how her words will be twisted. As a mom she also needs to keep info in check so that her kids don't get hurt by it when they are older.
By controlling her image and the information leaked to the public she has been able to become even more desirable to a audience that craves information. By doing this her people are also guaranteeing that her ticket prices will be as high as Prince concert tixs.
I know I overspent on the Prince concert, therefore I'm certain that Britney fans will shell out almost as much cash to see the 'elusive Ms. Britney Jean Spears'.
IMO Lady Gaga does something similar in that Lady Gaga is a persona. We've never seen the real LG and that will work to her advantage for years to come. Both are doing things in terms of hiding the private from public that old Hollywood stars used to do. Worked then, it will work now in the world of disposable, overexposed stars.
keep the audience hungry and they''ll never get bored
- I bought her first 2 albums but don''t care for the new stuff. There will always be people interested in her but to me she is a has been.
- Eh, not buying it r322, I don''t believe for a minute that Britney is in control of any part of her life.%0D\
She was marketed as a straight man''s sex fantasy when she started, and that''s all she''s ever been since, it doesn''t get much deeper than that.%0D\
Her career will be over when the plastic surgery and the botox won''t cover up the wrinkles and age spots anymore.
- Poor Britney, it's obvious that she's still not doing well, I think her people are using her like a puppet.
I will repost my take on what ails her: schizophrenia
The first clue is her meds, she reportedly takes seroquel and risperdal.
Both of those meds are antipschotics NOT mood stabilizers or anti depressants. These meds are prescribed to treat schizophrenia, they are used in extreme cases for bipolar disorder but only in the "short term" to bring someone off hypomania-psychotic episodes.
Her behavior from what I have read does not seem to be bipolar.
Risperdal is a powerful med, the old version is Haldol, these meds are effective at treating schizophrenia and Autism irritability, but it has many
hateful side effects like weight gain, sluggishness, and makes you appear
zombie like, males may develop breasts and have some discharge.
I have never heard of a doc giving a bipolar person 2 different antipsychotics at the same time as a long term treatment, with no mood stabilizers or antidepressants, there are so many other new meds out there with less side
effects that are made to treat bipolar disorder, so the only conclusion here is
that her docs are treating her for schizophrenia using the proper meds.
- Her son Jayden looks exactly like her. I think he''ll be gay.
- My brother is on Seroquel. He is not schizophrenic; he is bipolar. He''s been on the medication for quite a while. Please do not make sweeping generalizations about what meds people "do" or "don''t" get prescribed. What''s appropriate is determined on a case by case basis, as it should be. Your assumptions do not prove anything about what illness Spears may be struggling with.
- Britney needs to contact Connie Francis and get some tips on how to recover and get her confidence back. There is a big difference however, Connie didn''t need to prance around, flailing arms to try and detract that she couldn''t sing, people loved her voice and still do, not so much for Britney.
- Stardom is not good for children and other living things.
- R299 = Chris Crocker.
- I am just devastated by the malice directed at this girl. They killed Marilyn, and I''ll be damned if Britney goes under as well.
I didn''t generalize I only pointed out what meds she was on, and what they are prescribed to treat, reread my comments, and stop jumping to conclusions.\
This isn''t about you, your brother or about putting people down with mental illness. My post made it very clear that she was taking 2 antipsychotics at the same time, risperdal being a very potent drug, it explains why she seems so out of it.
- I wish I could feel sorry for her, but I don''t. In all of the interviews that she did when she had fired all her "handlers" and had stopped talking to her parents, the girl was very much like Charlie Sheen. Extremely self-entitled and bratty. Mental illness or not (which she clearly has) the girl has lied to her fans and the public from day one. She promoted herself at age 16 as a sex symbol and made some pretty poor choices. Yes, her parents should have stopped it but once she was old enough, she still made trashy choices. She was, at one time, a fabulous performer but now she has lost it. She should stop doing this but I think it is definitely her choice to continue down this road. She doesn''t have any other skills. Hell, I don''t even think she has a high school diploma.
- Post the link of her doctor and Britney revealing the medications that she is on. If it''s not official then it''s just conjecture. \
Seroquel is often given to people who are bipolar and even depression. I worked with someone who demonstrated irritability and emotionality. She was suffering from depression with atypical features and was prescribed seroquel.\
Other meds like Risperdal are given to children with impulse control disorders and those with racing thoughts which is a hypomanic symptom. Hypomania relates to mood. Even if Britney''s on those two meds those are common meds for Bipolar Disorder, not just schizoprhenia.\
It''s also ridiculous to discuss someone''s mental illness when we don''t have their medical files in front of us.
- Looks like Joe Jonas wants to attract a gay fanbase for his solo album:\
Joe Jonas in talks to join Britney Spears tour, replacing Enrique Iglesias
This is not about you, chill the fuck out.\
I''m not the first, or only poster here to comment on her behavior and give an opinion, that''s why the thread exists dumbass, you seem to only have a problem with my posts, is that because I''m a woman or because I''m straight? \
I don''t see you trying to flame others that posted before me when they stated that Britney might be schizophrenic. Yeah, I''m calling you out on your bullshit. \
You can also google for your on damn lazy self what meds Britney is reportedly taking, it''s been all over the net since her 1st meltdown and problems with that scummy manager her dad had to go to court over.
- 666 necklace:
- Actually Str8mom, the report from MTV stated that Lynne Spears filled a complaint against Sam Lufti for purposely drugging her daughter with a cocktail of seroquel, risperadal and adderall along with liquor, in an attempt to control Britney. %0D
Lynne's complaint indicated that Lufti was grinding up the meds and putting it in Britney's food and that she didn't know what the medication were for. MTA wrote that the coctail itself, adderall and liquor combined with the other two drugs, could produce erratic behavior. They also stuck to the fact that the medication were to treat bipolar mania.%0D
Britney Spears' parents allege that the singer's acting manager, Sam Lutfi, was drugging her to control her, according to the petition for the restraining order against him.%0D
Britney, Lynne wrote, was in "an agitated state" and kept changing her clothes as well as her dogs' clothes. Lynne then discovered her daughter was taking the antipsychotic medications Risperdal and Seroquel, but didn't seem always to be aware of it or know why. %0D
Lynne wrote that Lutfi said he ground up the pills and put them in Britney's food. Lynne also wrote that Lutfi said his plan was to get Britney into a sleep-induced coma so that her doctor could give her drugs "to heal her brain." %0D
Lutfi, after trying to encourage Britney to drink tequila and then wine, went upstairs with the singer. Lynne wrote that Lutfi later admitted giving Britney something to make her "more lighthearted, happy and fun." Lynne described Lutfi trying to encourage them to drink tequila shots, and when they refused that, wine, but thought she saw him crushing something on the counter behind the raised bar.
- Excuse me miss, but I have my own problems.
- Radio interview where Britney mentions the other pop divas.
- Listen to Britney "sing" in that ugly baby voice, pissed off that the photographers (who she probably called in the first place) are following her and Justin Timbershit around.
- She''s been pushed aside by Rebecca Black.
- Her heart just isn''t into it as before. I am sure her handlers are just trying to keep her mind busy. %0D\
Like I said before, Lohan and Hilton do not get sympathy for me, but for some reason, I just feel sorry for Britney. For her dad to be able to continue conservatorship, there must be some bad shit that has gone down.. and not what the public knows about. Her eyes are just sad.
- Radio interview. Tour will run 26 dates.
- Will people actually pay to see her "live"?\
I guess the train-wreck factor could be a draw.
- Britney had one of the top money maker tours when she did Circus and FF is a better album than that one. Couple it with her doing promotion for Femme Fatale makes it money in the bank that the tour will sell. %0D\
People pay a few hundred dollars b/c they are into Britney, they would watch cable if they were only interested in train wrecks.
- I find it absolutely amazing that people will pay that much money to go see someone in concert who doesn''t ever sing live.%0D\
Mind boggling really.
- Britney CAN sing, except her voice is suited to the studio and not the live concert hall.
- I''d pay if I lived in America.\
I think this album and tour will be her last.
- Is 26 concert dates a lot?%0D\
It doesn''t look very good long term, does it?
- r348, you can''t be serious with that explanation.%0D\
Suited more to the studio? Where all that electronic crap can disguise the fact that Britney can''t fucking sing?%0D\
- I''m with R347. If I want to see a stripper I can go to a titty bar for about 20 bucks, which is a hell of a lot less than what Britney charges for the same experience.
- Here is a gorgeous live rendition of EVERYTIME, proving that Britney can definitely sing if the vibe is ambient. Many of her songs are just too complicated in composition to do justice to them vocally. It''s really all about movement. Anyway, prepare to be floored:
- Why does Britney always dress like a prostitute in her videos and stage shows?
- She''s plugging into the Mary Magdelene symbolism there, r354. She is a very potent lady.
- Either that or she''s just a whore.
- Wow r356 - you are quite the charmer!!!
- Britney has debuted at number one, her first in in Australia, going gold!
- Preview of TTWE.
- Her new craptacular album has just bombed in the UK. It''s flopping all over the place. Poor thing needs to go to the retirement home along with Aguilera. Spears'' album is expect to go to #1 in the US, but with lagging sales. She''ll get the Madonna "America Life" treatment, a #1, but a commercial bomb. This is what happens when you''re a commercial puppet, and you hit 30. You had your time darlin''.
- When has Britney ever had a #1 album in the UK? Never. That''s life, she''s never had a #1 there so what''s the point in bringing it up. She still scored well with her other albums even though she''s never managed a number 1 in the UK.
- r362, that''s because people in the UK have better taste than those in the U.S.%0D\
they know trash when they see it.
- If Shitney''s album sells less than 400k in the US for its first week''s total, it''s a bomb. She''s supposedly this humongous star. We''ll see. Her album only went #1 in Australia and Canada. She''s sinking like a stone.
- This pretty much sums it up for me. Good little essay about the sadness of Britney now.
- Very excited about the new video. In more disturbing news, Kfed has announced he is expecting a baby girl. That''ll be another sprog for Britney to support.
- Britney''s new album came in at 278k in it''s first week. Enough to debut at #1, but much less than even the 400k some were saying she should have gotten.%0D\
- How the fuck is that a flop? A flop is something that debuts outside the top 10, not something that comes in at 1. Fucking idiot.
- Didn''t Taylor Swift sell almost 1 millon cd''s in the first week?%0D\
- r368, it will be spun as a flop by the media because she didn''t even sell 300k.%0D\
Maybe the US is finally waking up from this Britney haze they''ve been in for the last 12 years.
- Her album was available for illegal download one month before it''s official release date. Her label should have done what Eminem usually does in those situations which is to release it asap so that people aren''t sharing links of the full album, which ultimately cuts sales big time.%0D\
Taylor Swift''s fanbase is country music. Country music fans are known to be older, more likely to buy CD''s instead of download and also less likely to download albums illegally.%0D\
It ultimately means nothing. Britney''s best album was Blackout and this is her second best. Most people who care about music care about how good the album is. Whether it sells one million copies versus 300,000 doesn''t make a difference. %0D\
I love a number of artists who''ll never even sell 300,000 albums in total. As a fan their music matters to me more than an unrealistic number.
- Federline expecting a girl has to be a knife in the heart to Britney as I think she really wanted one.
- I hate to admit it, but I''m really curious to know what illness or issue she''s been diagnosed with. She''s 29 years old with 2 kids yet control of her fortune was -- voluntarily -- given to her father. Will she ever re-gain control? Will she ever want to?%0D\
It''s just got to be severe, whatever it was that happened to her. I wonder if the truth will ever come out.%0D\
- The TTWE music video is HERE!\
She''s GOT it in spades, my dears... and isn''t the ending the most adorable thing you''ve ever seen?
- The song is ok for dancing when your with friends and you are all desperate to have a good time so you don%E2%80%99t care the music%E2%80%99s bad, nothing more.%0D\
And those cloths are horrible. I liked Circus and Black out, but these new songs and videos are just vacant.%0D
- She''s just a windup doll at this point, that''s all.
- The album has now bombed in America. Now, her latest video has been outed as having used a dance double. This bitch needs to pack it up already. The world has had enough of her antics.
- I can''t cope with you people dragging her down. The last shot is Britney popping her head out of the sewer. That means that your opinions belong down there - the place she is escaping.
- The reviews are In!!!!
MTV.com: "Remember when Britney Spears threw a sweaty, dirty dance party in an unfinished apartment and slinked around wearing underwear over her pants in 2001's "Slave 4 U"? Well, the party is back, and it's as dirty as ever in the clip for "Till the World Ends."
RollingStone.com: "The video for Britney Spears' new single "Til the World Ends" is basically a dance party set in a bombed-out city on the eve of some kind of apocalypse, which makes perfect sense. It makes a little less sense why only hot, model-looking people in high-end Mad Max gear have made it to see the end of world. Maybe this is a Darwinian thing -- only the foxy are strong enough to survive! Either way, this is a good, memorable video."
Time.com: "The video's sweaty, at times blinding, yet undeniably enjoyable, adopting many of its key elements from Britney's coming-of-age "I'm a Slave 4 U." This time, though, there's buildings crumbling."
EW.com: "The clip has other high points: I love what%E2%80%99s happening at about 1:50 when Britney is sitting amongst a posse of sewer dwellers, simply pulsing her shoulders, then flipping her hair. Then comes the best part: that tiny clap-clap-clap she owns, while standing amid the group of urchins. How hot is that? Totally in: tiny claps."
- Brit used 3 body doubles for that video.
Wait....you mean.....that isn't Britney flopping around like a dead fish for 30 seconds in her new video? WHAT WHAT WHAT? Some detectives have discovered the true identity of the body double used in Britney Spears' new video, Till the World Ends.
It's Tiana Brown! Who? Well, it's the choreographers assistant in a fucking Britney wig.
You can find out more info about her here. It's worth pointing out that she's "danced for Britney Spears%E2%80%99 world tour CIRCUS serving as a choreographer, dancer and co-captain. Also featured in Britney%E2%80%99s music videos "3" and %E2%80%9CIf U Seek Amy.%E2%80%9D
Don't think it's her? Initial reports claimed that Tiana Brown was the stand in, but even our source is unsure, considering she had two additional stand ins. That's right, she had a total of three.
Other juicy info: Everyone's suspicions are true - she looks so dead inside because of all the meds she's on. She doesn't rehearse, is only on set when she needs to be in front of the lens and all of the dancer's contracts definitely have drug clauses in them. So I guess nothing that breaking....
I know you guys are probably foaming at the mouth right now and pissed off at me, but this was too good not to post. And yes, I believe my sources. Let it be known that I love Britney and we deserve the best form her!
- Wow R361/364/377 and over a dozen other posts in the last few pages. I''m a huge Britney fan and I just watched the video now for the first time. You''ve actually wasted your time googling and looking up Britney articles to find negative ones to post. Jeez, let''s put the woman in the middle of the town square and stone her to death to make her pay for her crimes against pop music, lol. %0D\
Eh, I never understood wasting my time on people I find untalented. Probably why I know nothing about Katy Perry or Brad Pitt. I mean, what''s the point?%0D\
Anyway, now that I''ve seen the video I''m loving it. I would think that haters would at least mention the hot guys, homoerotic vibe and gay energy in the video. That''s the first thing I picked up on. Besides Britney looking fierce. Gorgeous. As it''s a Brit vid we spend more time with the beautiful boys girating against one another. I wouldn''t mind seeing more shots of half naked women but I''m guessing Britney knows her audience.
one of the dykes
- Britney''s album is awesome, for sure. Gaga will probably kill herself at 27, such is the extent of her narcissism.\
Britney''s come through that dark night of the soul, hence the final shot of the video.\
- Her smile when she sings "See the sunlight..." is my favourite part of the video.
KEEP ON DANCING TILL THE WORLD ENDS!
- She looks like the same old whore she always looks like.%0D\
When will she be showing her cunt again?
- This anti-Britney troll always comes out with the most gross, disgusting comments. He can''t even give a sophisticated critique - it''s all psychotic vitriol.
- "Britney Spears: The Origin Of Pop"
With her new album sitting at #1, Bigger Than the Sound looks at Britney's unprecedented career.
By James Montgomery
By the time you read this, Britney Spears will have scored her sixth #1 debut with Femme Fatale, her latest installment of supersonic, stealth-fighter pop, a collection of songs equipped with laser-guided, heat-seeking hit missiles. In fact, Femme Fatale is more like an F-22 Raptor than an album.
Maybe I shouldn't be amazed that Brit finds herself atop the charts once again, but don't we live in austere times? Aren't Odd Future the only thing that matters these days?
I'm only sort of kidding. Because, frankly, each and every time Britney lands another #1, it's kind of like we've traveled through a wormhole and ended up in 1999, a time when the industry was still flush with cash and Lou Pearlman still lumbered the land. This was only 12 years ago, but it may as well have been 12 million.
These days, we still have plenty of pure pop stars, though none of them are quite like Britney. Lady Gaga is into performance art. Katy Perry is the California Gurl. Pink is the punky older cousin with a ton of tattoos. As is often the case with evolution, they have each developed specialized traits in order to survive. Britney is, in a lot of ways, the origin of the species (for simplicity's sake, I'm just ignoring Madonna, who basically did everything before any of this generation's stars were even teething). She was %E2%80%94 and, I suppose, still is %E2%80%94 the music industry's first attempt to promote a star that is everything to everyone. And each and every time she surfaces with a new album in tow, it signals the return of pop's Mesozoic era. For all intents and purposes, she may spend her time between albums trapped in amber, waiting to have her DNA extracted by some scientist.
This is by no means meant to come across as a slight against Spears. I fully understand why her fans love her the way they do, not to mention the fact that Femme Fatale is a heck of a pop record, a starry shadowbox of the coolest sounds you're likely to hear all year. It's more me simply marveling at the way she operates %E2%80%94 in the cockpit of a high-powered fighter, making glossy, big-budget videos, putting on full-scale pop spectacles. There truly, honestly isn't anyone else like her.
We should take this opportunity to appreciate what Britney Spears %E2%80%94 and her album %E2%80%94 represent. She is the last super-pop star left standing. There was a time when everyone did things this way; now it's her and her alone. Spears is still everything to everyone, in a time when all we hear about are "niche markets" and "splintered genres," and for that alone, the success of Femme Fatale is noteworthy. Can she continue to survive among her more specialized peers? She's certainly earned the right to, though one gets the feeling she's probably not too worried about that fact. The thing about being the first is that there isn't really anything %E2%80%94 or anyone %E2%80%94 to compete against. So let others sweat the small stuff; Britney's only concerned with being Britney. Now and forever.
- The album is expected to drop 60% next week. This finally spells the end for the Queen of Flop.
She's about to be beaten by a woman who's had an album out since February. Singer, Adele, will be #1 again on the Billboard album charts next week. Britney sold 276,000 copies of her album, while singer Taylor Swift sold over a million for her first week with her latest. Spears' fans are at each others throats. They've purchased up to 3 to 5, to even 7 copies each of the album to ensure that she would sell a lot. That means that even less of the public is interested in her. It's not even close 276,000 people buying a copy.
There's already talk that she might have trouble getting re-signed as she doesn't sell anymore, and to insure her due to her mental health issues is too much for a record company to afford. The industry is done with her. Poor thing. The public is even dubbing her album, "Flop Fatal". She's over the hill. There are much younger, prettier girls taking over. Britney was merely a marketing tool.
This latest album is the last on her contract.
- Let''s not use the word ''singer'' to describe Taylor Swift. I''ve heard her live twice and both times were painful. She''s lucky she''s tall, blonde, skinny country singer.%0D\
Adele deserves success. Two different genres and performers though. Adele is a singer, Britney is a pop star. Apples and oranges. Britney will release a few more singles and sell out arenas. Adele will continue to sell out the small venues her label got for her. In fact, I can''t wait to see her at the Beacon next month. I''m so happy I jumped on her tixs asap. %0D\
Britney''s tour will make her tons of money just like Circus did. Britney will be doing NY''s Nassau Coliseum while Adele is doing a few thousand seat theatre in the city. See where the difference is in terms of cold hard cash per artist.
- Britney''s pussy smells like sperm whale.
- r388, Taylor may not be the best live singer, but at least she sings LIVE, unlike a certain poptart I could mention.
- Taylor Swift''s pussy tastes like urine.
- You clearly have never heard Taylor Swift attempt whatever it is that she calls singing.%0D\
At least Britney recognizes that she''s a performer intended to entertain us. That makes her genuine unlike fake ass pretend singer Taylor.%0D\
I''ll stick to actual singers like Adele for when I want to see an artist in action and someone like Britney for when I want to be entertained by an over the top concert experience and popstar.
- Oh and here''s Beyonce singing live. Taylor Swift was even worse than this.
- I spit when I hear Taylor Swift''s name. She is NOT a singer, nor a songwriter, no matter how much her record company tries to shove her down our throats. \
Getting back to Britney, I''m still freaked out over that whole "Please don''t rape my pretty pink pussy" thing.
- Hey dumdum at r393, you know that tape has been proven to be a fake, right?
- I know people keep speculating she''s bipolar or schizophrenic..but I think the beginning of her end was post-partum depression....She had those kids in quick succession and that, to me, seems to be from where all of her troubles stem.
- Britney and genuine don''t belong in the same sentence.%0D\
That girl has been so Hollywoodized there''s literally nothing "genuine" left about her at this point.
- R395, it''s called damage control by Beyonce''s label. Who cares anyway. Beyonce''s attractive, can sing (with enhancements like most other singers and lipsyncs when necessary) and has star quality. The point was that Taylor Swift sung worse than that. %0D\
All music labels use tactics to convince the audience of some faux truth (e.g. that Ms. Swift has a modicum of talent or charisma).
- No one understands her truth.
- What makes me sad is that she is still trying to do the same shtick as when she was 15. She''s TWICE that age now! Madonna changed her act, look and music for every album. She grew as a singer, as a songwriter, even as a dancer. Britney is just a working single mom of two trying to shake her shit like a teenager. She''s mutton dressed as lamb. Grow, girl! Move forward and try something new.
- Britney''s music has changed in every album. %0D\
I thought she was a joke back in the days of her first two albums. Then In The Zone came out. As a fan of dance music I got into it. Blackout demonstrated a lot of growth and testing new things. Even RS wrote years later that it was an album that led the way for a lot of the divas in pop music today. Circus had a few good singles and Femme Fatale is in the vein of Blackout. Great club music all around. Some inventive ditties. How I Roll is not anything that would be in a pop divas discography. Criminal is tongue and cheek.%0D\
Those who don''t see how her music changes and how it''s at the cusp of things are just not listening. Or possibly old and disintereted in the club scene.
- it was an album that led the way for a lot of the divas in pop music today.%0D\
So that''s who we have to blame for the current "music" scene.
- r397 - even ''genuine'' is an act when it comes to EVERY performer of music. People project what they want you to believe, and you fall for it. Britney never tries to project that she''s this introspective, profound artist and so she''s accused of being unfit to perform.
- Britney can''t do anything new because she cannot sing. And now with a bum knee, she can''t dance, either. So what''s left? Acting? Well, she torpedoed that notion way back with "Crossroads."
- As long as Britt''s putting out a record, I''m there. Fuck the naysayers. An icon is an icon is an icon, and all that.
- Britney''s over, so this thread is pretty irrelevant now, just like her.\
- Thread will go on til the world ends. 7 million hits by the way, since wednesday.
- As if Rhianna''s "S & M" wasn''t sluttish enough, Britney decided to get in on the act. God, who''s the worse singer here?
- r408, Pop music isn''t about talent or singing anymore, it''s about being autotuned and looking as slutty as possible.%0D\
And Britney is the Queen of that kingdom.
- Is it possiable that Rhianna IS a better singer than Britney?%0D\
Listening to R408''s link, I think so.
- Breaking news:Taylor Lautner is a Britney fan.\
In this video he talks about Britney Spears and Glee
- Who knew he had such bad taste?%0D\
Learn something new every day.
- Britney has an amazing singing voice, but her record company stopped her from using it because they assumed it wasn''t commercial enough.\
On the first album, you can hear a hint of Britney''s real singing voice on the song SODA POP.\
Here it is:
- Britney''s album only sold 80,000 copies this week. The bitch better be saving her cash, because she is shit out of luck. Kids can''t relate to a 30 year old, baby mama, whose been in and out of mental institutions.
- Please r413, don''t even try. No way that was Shitney''s voice. I know a studio singer when I hear one.
- I''m not R413 but that clearly sounds like her (I have the CD and remember that track). It''s also common knowledge apparently amongst her dedicated fans that she had a Toni Braxtonish voice when she started but her label gave her lessons to make her sound more pop. It makes sense given Baby One More Time was originally written for TBoz who is a contralto.
If she can still sing like that then she needs to just plainly, you know, sing like that!\
I have never heard that song before but it sounded really nice.
- I was just watching The Borgias, and it occured to me - Britney would have made the perfect Lucrezia, 10 years ago.
- Official TTWE Remix with Nikki Minaj and Kesha
- Loving it. Kesha fits the song like a glove, which makes sense, since she wrote it!
- So now Britney''s being joined by two other trashy whores?%0D\
THIS is the state of pop music these days.%0D\
- Poor Brit can''t catch a break around here. Her haters make me howl with laughter now.
- Britney''s ''I Wanna Go'' video is fantastic and so fun.
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you''re cool, fuck you, I''m out!
- The video is hilarious. I love that she picked Guillermo Diaz to feature in the video. An out gay guy who''s not the typical clone.
- R422 So what if people don''t like her. She doesn''t do shit for me (or gays). And her music sucks assholes.%0D\
R424 Guillermo is 40 years old and he''s in a Britney video??? Wow, I guess the work has dried up.
- The Femme Fatale tour is a magnificent experience!
- I would never go see Britney on tour. Why pay all that money just to see her lip sync to the record? When I could stay home and listen to the record and not pay a cent.
- I heard she''s actually singing mostly live this tour.
- I bought presale somewhat expensive tixs (180) and I can''t wait to see our dear Britney. I didn''t even know she was going to sing live. It''s not like I''ve seen her other concerts for the ''live singing''. Seems she''s doing okay for Britney (link). By the time I see her at Nassau I imagine she''ll be even more comfortable on her live parts. %0D\
Her body is slamming and I have to be honest that her kittenish sexiness and hot bod is one of the reasons I like Britney.
yes I''m a dyke with no taste, so what
- How can she sing live when she can''t sing in the first place?%0D\
That said, is she under this conservatorship for the rest of her life or what? People do not get stuck in a conservatorship for 3 1/2 years unless they have SERIOUS issues.
- She''s bi-polar r430, as in mentally ill.%0D\
She''ll always have to be watched over one way or another.
- I''d go as far as to say this exquisite recording proves Britney is a genius of the blues:
- Fantastic live performance in Orlando. Absolutely mesmeric!
- What does it say about pop culture when this whore gets standing ovations?
- R433 = A twink with no taste.
- R434 It''s a sad state of affiars, isn''t it?
- Thanks R433. Brit''s gotten buff!
- Come join me Britney!!
- r439 wants Britney to go Back To Blackout.
- In light of Amy''s demise, this is an essential article to read about Britney.
If U Seek Amy
- Hilarious how nobody cares about this dumb, over-the-hill bitch anymore. lmao.
- r442 - please stop trolling, Stefani.
- Britney''s latest performances are proving the RS story wrong.
- R25-Entitled queen much? What is Brittany suppose to do for you bitch ? She doesn''t owe you jack shit. %0D\
Up your meds silly prat. Nobdoy owes you a damn thing. It''s silly twits like you who think people owe you something. Other than thanks for supporting their talent or whatever. She doesn''t have to come out for gay rights or anything else.
High Siddity Bitch troll
- Britney needs to stop singing about going to clubs and picking up men. She''s a mother of two and nearly 30 years old.%0D\
Time to grow up skank!
- That''s why the album''s called FEMME FATALE, the club going men shagging Britney is a smokescreen for her very profound observations on different states of woman (love in "Trip to Your Heart", danger in "Criminal", physical hedonism in "World Ends", escape from self in "Hold it Against Me" etc)... for Britney to make those kind of profound character changes every song, she has to go to very base and seedy places... otherwise, it''s just contrived and pretentious and she''s like any indie pasty faced singer-songwriter with a guitar who can sing about it, but holds herself aloof and autonomous from it. Britney puts herself IN THERE.
- I want some of what r447 is smoking.
- R446, you wouldn''t have said that about a 30 year old man, or even a 50 year old one?
- Max Martin, if she has such an excellent voice, why is it always being covered up with computer trickery and a shitload of autotune?
- Girlfriend''s taking her shizz to South America!
- Does Britney know how to lip sync to Spanish?
- Datalounge is....
- She loves us!
- Britney and Jason have broken off their engagement. Poor thing. :-(
- She's been under this conservatorship for 5 years now and it seems it will be this way for the rest of her life. A person must be really messed up to need a conservatorship indefinitely. I don't think people realize just how messed up she truly is. I know people like to guess she's bipolar, but I would guess it's schizophrenia. Remember when she would put on different wigs and talk in different accents?
- r457 I gree after reading that rolling stones article she sounds alot like Bettie Page.
Betty did the same acting out sexually and ended up in Patton State Hospital for the insane.
She was also schizophrenia.
That Diane Sawyer interview was a mess. That was one of her personalities coming forth.
It was very united states of tara.
- She is a scam. Her whole life is a scam.
- Having another breakdown?
- And she apparently quit X Factor...because she knew her fat was gonna be fired. She didn't contribute to this show at all. She looked constipated all the time and it's a joke that someone who lipsyncs all the time can actually 'mentor' someone. Simon was either drunk or on crack when he hired her.
- Britney was fine on the X Factor. One thing about that girl, she was not overbearing or crass. She has southern charm and civility.