- Thanks, OP. I''ll do an unauthorized repost from the other thread in hope it starts a discussion:\
[bold]Sherilyn''s friend here. I can relay a few stories she told me.[/bold]\
[bold]1. she hated Lara Flynn Boyle and Kyle Maclachan.[/bold] \
[bold]2. she used to be a huge pot head[/bold]\
[bold]3. she dated Jason Patric and he broke up with her while he was twotiming her with the uber cunt Julia Roberts. He broke up with her on her answering machine with Julia lauging sardonically in the background.[/bold]\
[bold]4. She refused to play the hollywood game and it hurt her career dearly![/bold]
- She was beautiful....does she have any thoughts about the whole Boxing Helena controversy? it was made clear from the beginning that Kim Basinger was first choice and she was treated like chopped liver.
- She''s gorgeous. How''s she holding up?
- Who else does Sherilyn hate working with?
- Loved her as Liz Taylor.\
I agree she should have had a bigger career. Seems Angeline Jolie has the career she should have had.\
Also, one more good reason to hate Roberts.
- SF was also terrific as Curly''s wife in the Sinise/Malkovich "Of Mice and Men."
- She''s infinitely watchable in anything she''s in even when the films themselves are unwatchable.
- Her death scene from Wild at Heart is one of the most disturbing death scenes in cinema. Not for the faint of heart.
- She was good in the TV miniseries based on Dominick Dunne''s A SEASON IN PURGATORY.
- Here''s the original post from the Portia De Rossi thread:\
[quote]my friend sherilyn fenn guest starred on friends and said that Courtney was a real cold bitch, she loved matthew perry, and said Jennifer was pretty nice. Lisa was aloof
- What sort of boxes does sherilyn fenn enjoy being stored in? I''ve written several letters to Julian Sands, to no avail.
- Stunning actress. I agree that she should have had Jolie''s career. Interesting that she hated Machlachan. I read somewhere that he nixed the love story between Agent Cooper and Audrey in Twin Peaks. If I recall, that impacted Sherilyn''s story arc in a negative way. I hope she gets another chance with a good indie film or a great TV series in the future.
- r5, shouldn''t you be whining about how great Bristol Palin is, and how Sheryl could never compare to her?
- My pussy stinks!
- Don''t spoil the thread, r13.
- I don''t doubt Julia was laughing in the background.%0D\
She is such a nasty bitch.
- She is Suzie Quatro''s niece.
- I always thought she was a beautiful girl, never understood why she wasn''t a bigger star by now.
- I''ve always found her to be quite stunning.%0D\
She was also pretty funny in Fatal Instinct, the spoof of Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct.
- I remember first seeing her on "Just One of the Guys" and thought she was a gorgeous teen. Her eyes are amazing!
- I''d like more details on the part of the Hollywood game she wouldn''t play. Was it the degrading sex a la Gretchen Mol or something else?
- Her issue of Playboy was the only one I ever bought. Gorgeous, noir-ish spread. She has such a classic, old Hollywood look. I think she said the pictures were taken by her boyfriend at the time.
- was she the star of "just one of the guys"?
- No, Joyce Hyser was the star of "Just One of the Guys."\
I loved that movie.
- I''ve read that it was Kyle MacLachlan''s behind-the-scenes relationship with Lara Flynn Boyle that helped derail the second season storyline which would have had Agent Cooper becoming romantically involved with Audrey Horne (Fenn.) Because that major story arc had to be abandoned the writers had to scramble to come up with ideas and that''s why the second season is such a mess after Laura Palmer''s murder is resolved.\
I''d love to know what the writers intended with that relationship and if that''s why Fenn dislikes MacLachlan and Boyle.
Twin Peaks Geek
- Didn''t someone here say she was working as a receptionist a few years ago?\
Her SVU episode, Sherilynn Fenn Bangs Her Stepson, is pretty great for all the wrong reasons.
- My fav movie Sherilyn Fenn movie is Two Moon Junction. She was stunning...
- My favorite was when she played Elizabeth Taylor, she was so beautiful. The only film I didn''t see was "Boxing Helena".
- She''s going to be in the next episode of "Psych," reuniting with many of her "Twin Peaks" castmates.
- [quote]4. She refused to play the hollywood game and it hurt her career dearly!\
Does this partly mean that she refused to sleep with important people in order to advance her career?\
Also, thanks for the gossip. We need it around here.
- None of the Twin Peaks Gals (or Guys) went on to anything of note. Yeah, we all know Lara Flynn Boils but mostly as an ass-bleaching anorexic freak who dated Jack Nicholson. I only hope the same level of obscurity awaits the casts of Twilight and Glee.%0D\
Not that I don''t like Sherilyn, mind you. I did and do think she is fantastic and would love to see more of her.
- Lara Flynn Boyle was a great natural beauty. It''s a shame she became so thin and messed with her face so much. Add to that the fact that she dated Jack Nicholson makes me think she has major issues.
- Boyle is another one with a Mom-manager, like the Heigl cunt. Both are cunts to the nth degree and I don''t really think either is that great shakes in the beauty dept - Heigl with brown hair looks bad. Boyle''s endless freckles, bleh. \
Now Fenn is a real true beauty. Love her.
- I am sure she''s a great gal, but she wasn''t a great actor. She''s really bad in Two Moon Junction. She is wonderful in Twin Peaks, but nothing since indicates some magisterial talent.
i like her and all, but someone had to say it. this was getting cloying.
- R33, it seems like Jodie Foster can also be added to the list of actresses who have had a mom manager and also have major issues.
- I like her. She hasn''t posted to her blog lately. Wonder why?
- I thought Boyle was an escort and was being paid by Jack. That is why there was such a scandal when she was caught in that car accident with David Spade.
- And she likes Kate Bush!\
Thanks for the link, r36.
- Kyle Machlachan seems like an idiot. I saw a show once where they said he thought Showgirls was an art movie until he saw the premiere and stormed out. Her and Sheryl Lee were both so beautiful. What has Sheryl Lee been up to?
- [quote]What has Sheryl Lee been up to?\
She has a small part in Winter''s Bone. I barely recognized her.
- Le Leche League.\
She''s nursing a three year old.\
- Yeah, it was jarring to see Sheryl Lee in Winter''s Bone. What the hell happened to her career?
- Many of the leads of Twin Peaks, including Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee, are appearing together in an episode of Psych next Wed, Dec 1. McLachlan and Boyle are the only two who aren''t doing it.
- Wasn''t she in this show called "Rude awakening" ? I loved it.
- [quote]None of the Twin Peaks Gals (or Guys) went on to anything of note.\
James Marshall seems to be doing quite well behind the camera. He is producer on Smallville.\
I loved Rude Awakening, too. Jonathon Penner was hot..and full-frontal naked often on it. Wish it would come out on DVD.
- loved seeing her in winter''s bone
- Her problem was rather than take a shitty job to support herself, she was in a lot of shitty movies instead. I probably would''ve done the same with her opportunities at her age but you can''t be in too many "Showtime After Hours/crappy slasher movies. \
I think she''s more beautiful and more talented than Angelina Jolie. Probably more believable as an action star too.
- Fenn was incredibly hot and sexy, Roberts is not beautiful and is average at best. Also, Roberts can''t act worth shit. She''s horrible, just another example of Hollywood forcing someone on us.
- Sherilyn fenn''s blog is quite interesting...apparently she was a bit of an alkie. maybe that stopped her rise too..
- [quote]No, Joyce Hyser was the star of "Just One of the Guys."\
Reading comprehension isn''t your forte is it dear? R20 didn''t say Fenn starred in "Just One of the Guys". Fenn did have a featured role in the movie though. If you loved the movie so much, you would have known that.
- Julia Roberts is UGLY.
- Angelina Jolie is also UGLY.
- John Hamm is the ugliest. AND his name is ham.
- John Hamm has exquisite junk.
- His sweat smells like bologna.
- I don''t remember her in Winter''s Bone and she''s not listed in the cast. Who did she play?
- Hey moron at r52: That person was responding to r23. Don''t you feel stupid.
- Sherilyn''s friend here any more questions?\
1. she is close with david lynch''s daughter jenn\
2. she has 2 boys with 2 different men\
3 is still somewhat in love with Johnny Depp\
4. Her oldest son is a wonderful kid\
6. A nice, polite person and a good friend
- I loved her in Two Moon Junction.
- I can remember this pic on the cover of Rolling Stone like it was yesterday.
- Holy shit, R62. That picture''s hot...
- lurv the mom jeans.
- what happened to Machen Amick?
- Madchen Amick did a short stint on "Gossip Girl" a few years ago. She was still gorgeous...she played a Duchess who was having an affair with her stepson. \
She was also great on Central Park West and in Dream Lover.
- She lost out on a lot of good roles because no one knew how to pronounce her name.
- All of the women on that show were gorgeous except for LFB.
- IIRC Sherilyn dated CAA Agent Jay Maloney back in the early nineties so I don''t think it was sex.\
Maybe she wasn''t interested in the social hoopla and ass-kissing or something instead.
- Didn''t she date Prince, the singer?
- R65, Madchen had a role in season 3 of Damages. She looked quite good, i must add.
- Didn''t Sherilyn Fenn appear in a soft porn with Richard Tyson?
- R70, Yes, she did date Prince back in the day. As a Prince fan I loved them as a couple. I also liked her with Johnny Depp....must be the Gemini connection.\
R62, I loved that Rolling Stone cover...where does the time go?
- R65, Machen was also in Season 2 of Californication, she looked amazing! Smoking body!!
- One of the very, very few women who have made me feel a bit tingly *down there*. Love this scene.
- Did Johnny Depp dump her for Wynonna Ryder?
- Agree that Madchen Amick is still hotter than hell based on her "Californication" appearances. Are there any recent pictures of Sherilyn Fenn? I think LFB is probably a lost cause at this point. I hardly recognized her in R75''s link.
- Fenn is looking a bit matronly these days.
But I''m still a fan
- Time for Richard Tyson to make a guest appearence on this thread.
- let''s start a twin peaks thread!
- I didn''t know Tyson showed his cock in that film. Is that an unedited version?
- [quote] I loved her in Two Moon Junction.%0D\
I did too, regardless of everyone''s bad acting. She reminded me of Lana Turner in The Postman Always Rings Twice.%0D\
After seeing some mid-eighties fashion ads, I thought she looked like what would have happened if Elizabeth Taylor and Ava Gardner had had a kid together.
- How did they rope Burl Ives and Louise Fletcher (2 Oscar winners) into appearing in that film?
- [quote]How did they rope Burl Ives and Louise Fletcher (2 Oscar winners) into appearing in that film?\
Ives I''ve no idea, but are you serious about Fletcher? She did a lot more embarrassing crap than that after winning her Oscar.
- I guess you are right, R84. Angela Lansbury was interviewed by Larry King a few years ago and she told him she turned down the role of Nurse Ratchett after being offered it first because she thought it would be career dead end.\
Turns out she was right.
- [quote]I guess you are right, [R84]. Angela Lansbury was interviewed by Larry King a few years ago and she told him she turned down the role of Nurse Ratchett after being offered it first because she thought it would be career dead end.\
Turns out she was right.\
Not really. Considering Louise Fletcher was a over 40 TV character actress who had rarely worked in a decade prior to Cuckoo''s Nest and hasn''t stopped working in the 35 years since the movie, I would say it worked out well for her. No she didn''t become a big star (no one expected her to in the first place), but she got a long career and a very comfortable life out of it.
- Holy shit! Tyson is clearly hard.
- R87, she hasn''t had a single memorable role since Cuckoo''s Nest. And that''s unusual for an Oscar winner.
- [quote][R87], she hasn''t had a single memorable role since Cuckoo''s Nest. And that''s unusual for an Oscar winner.\
Not that unusual.\
F. Murray Abraham\
Haing S. Ngor\
Lou Gossett Jr. \
Cuba Gooding Jr. \
None of them did much that was memorable since their Oscar wins on film.
- Madchen Amick and Fenn both had small roles in later seasons of "Gilmore Girls." They both had rotten characters that seemed to exist just to showcase how great Lorelei was in comparison. It was weird.
- My mom & I watched Taylor biopic when it was in. Mom had no idea who Fenn was & kept saying how much more beautiful she was than Taylor? Sacriligious or accurate?
- "She refused to play the hollywood game and it hurt her career dearly!"\
What exactly is the "Hollyood game?" Fucking producers?
- The Gilmore Girls gig was intended as a back-door spin-off. Wasn''t her fault. The character, as noted earlier, was incredibly unsympathetic.
- Was it not known she dated Jason Patric? They don''t list it on "Who dated who." However, they do claim she dated another Julia ex-: Kiefer.
- Actually, Fenn had two different roles on Gilmore Girls. She was in the backdoor pilot episode as the girlfriend of Jess''s father and then appeared a few years later as the mother of Luke''s long lost daughter.
- She''s beautiful and I''m jealous that she dated Johnny Depp. When did he stop getting off on big breasts, btw? Kate really changed him.
- I developed a lot of respect for Sherilyn Fenn after I saw "Boxing Helena." What a great role.
- Twin Peaks Thread
- R95, that''s one aspect, but I''d say the Hollywood Game would moreso include being aggressive socially, getting your face out there all the time, going to every single party, spending money to look like a fashion plate every time you go out, and mostly, befriending detestable people.
- What detestable people, R102?
- Sherilyn (and some of the other actors from Twin Peaks), are going to be on an upcoming episode of "Psych".
- R103, the entertainment industry is full of social climbers, maladjusted and bruised people, backstabbers, mentally ill, desperate and phony people. You don''t know this?
- I knew it, R105. Just wanted to see what you would say.
- ok, well, I imagine that playing the Hollywood Game, to reference someone''s post above, would mean hanging out with these sorts all the time, and trying to maintain rapport with them and charm them. %0D\
The failure to do so, mixed with any amount of bad luck, is what appears to kill most careers in Hollywood.
- [quote]does she have any thoughts about the whole Boxing Helena controversy? it was made clear from the beginning that Kim Basinger was first choice and she was treated like chopped liver.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Fenn stepped in at the last moment to save the picture when Basinger dropped out right before filming started. If Fenn is still friends with director Jennifer Lynch as r60/Fenn's friend says, then I seriously doubt she was treated badly.
Now I'm wondering if maybe Basinger and Baldwin bad-mouthed/blackballed Fenn around Hollywood for taking the role. I can't remember all the controversy about the movie at the time but it seems like they had a hard time finding someone who would take the role after Basinger dropped out. I always got the impression David Lynch might have got Fenn to do it as a favor.
I know the case went to trial but what was the verdict? Did Basinger have to pay for pulling out? I can imagine Baldwin being vindictive enough to try and ruin someone's career over a perceived betrayal.
- What''s she look like these days?
- Here''s a recent picture from TV Guide:
- There''s a casting directing I''ve read with a few times who looks so much like her it''s freaky.
- I really liked her as April''s mother in Gilmore Girls. It''s a hard role given that she was such a bitch to Luke, but Sherylin played it well.\
I also think she''s still stunningly beautiful, and I like her mature figure.
- It doesn''t look like she''s had a lot of surgery, r113. Either that or it''s good work. I think she looks fantastic. I always think women who allow themselves to age naturally are far more beautiful than those who fight it every step of the way (I''m looking at you Lara Flynn Boyle).
- Her blog makes me uncomfortable.
- Just watched Two Moon Junction again. Sherilyn is so gorgeous.
- She's completely batshit insane. You have to check out her blog.
- R119, crazy, but in a harmless way.
- R119, have you seen Sean Young's youtube channel?
- This needs to be repeated:
[bold]He broke up with her on her answering machine with Julia lauging sardonically in the background.[/bold]
- we are talking about Sherilyn, not Sean.
- I know, sorry. Just mentioning a fellow crazy.
- Well, at least it wasn't by a post-it note, R122!
- Sean's a different type of crazy than Sherilyn's.
- What's up with the mom jeans at R62's link?
- It was the early 90s, R127.
- I still think Lara Flynn Boyle was the most beautiful of that trio, too about how she's a scary crazy who destroyed her face.
- In her most recent blog entry, she relates her day of running around the jouse arguing with two of her alternate personalities whilst trying to escape the unbearable noise of a leaf blower.
- R130, she's got a sense of humor.
- Bump. Anything new?
- She has an ethereal beauty. More gorgoeus than the women Hollywood currently fawns over.
- What was that Showtime show she did with the other Redgrave and guy who did Survivor? It was most excellent.
- It was called Rude Awakenings, R134. I loved that show too. It also starred Lynn Redgrave as her mother, uber-hottie Jonathan Penner as her neighbor/love interest, and Rain Pryor and Mario Van Peebles rounded out the cast.
- I remember David Lynch referring to her as "5 feet of heaven in a ponytail"!
I have seen several times, in re-runs, her SUPERB work in an episode of "NCIS" - a great actress who should work more (if she wants to.)
- The funny thing is that you don't think of Sherilyn as short.
- So, Jason Patrick dumping her via voice makes Julia Roberts a bitch?
- No what makes Julia a bitch is she knew he was sherilyn's BF and she took great pleasure in Jason hurting her
- Not sure how to state this but in looking at many of her pictures, her face has the same structure as Garbos. I think I read somewhere that it was determine that Garbo's face was asymetrically (I have no idea what word I'm looking for) perfect. Her eyes, nose, chin, and forehead where in perfect harmony.
I think the same can be said about Ms. Fenn.
StraightChick (w/girl crushes)
- How do Sherilyn and Julia get along now?
- How does Fenn and Ghoulia get along now? What makes you think these people keep in touch? what they send Xmas cards?
what a ? to ask.....
- R140 - you might be right about Sherilyn and Garbo.
- More proof that Julia Roberts is a jerk.
- R45 and R46 - yeah! Loved her in Rude Awakenings - and keep checking amazon periodically in the hope it might have come out on dvd...
Wonder if i would stand up to another viewing tho? suspect it might seem a bit dated - terribly cheapo production values outta memory - ?
- Johnny Penner (from Rude Awakenings) naked. Not much in the meat dept., but he could be a grower. Either way, nice cakes and a nice thick bod that I would NOT kick out of bed!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_h0pNE70oSSA/Sj5GeCnM0uI/AAAAAAAAAHk/K5W8soG5JCw/s1600/Jonathan Penner 2.jpg
- Sherilyn should like this.. "What the hell happened to Lara Flynn Boyle's Face"
- Sherilyn chose her face. LFB chose her ass.
- We could have told you how dreadful Julia is.
- I love this Craig Kilbourn interview with Sherilyn from 2000.
- Has she posted any more crazy shit on her blog lately?
- Haven't noticed, R151
- Sherilyn in Desire and Hell at the Sunset Motel
- Did she have a nose job in the past?
- If she did, it's subtle. She looks the same, except for aging and weight gain, as she did 20 years ago.
- Yes, her nose was quite cute naturally but I noticed that after the film two moon junctions her nose was was slightly turning up. I think she had a nose job but it was well done though as it makes her even more attractive.
- Wasn't her nose turned up in Twin Peaks?
- No, her profile in "Twin Peaks"is different from her profile in "Boxing Helena" or "Three of hearts" or "Just write" for example.:-)
- You might be right then.
- Wow, Jonathan Penner is fucking hot.
- She was the prettiest out of all the Twin Peaks girls (Sherilyn, Lara Flynn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee). Madchen is a close second.
- I would agree R161. She is gorgeous still.
I loved her silent dancing in TP.
- Sherilyn - Desire and Hell at the Sunstrip Motel
- Sheryl Lee always looked way too old to be a high schooler.
- Sherliyn and Sheryl both looked too mature. Lara looked like she could pass for a high school student.
- I loved her AND her clothes in THREESOME. They show it on LOGO from time to time.
- Sherilyn really rocks short hair.
- Rude Awakenings to be released on DVD.
- Cool, I loved Rude Awakenings. Thanks for posting, R168.
- You're welcome. I want to see it.
- It was such a funny, raunchy show. And hottie Jonathan Penner was a regular cast member.
- Penner of Survivor fame.
- Yep. It's funny you say Survivor fame, because I mostly know him from Rude Awakenings. He did some nudity on RA too.
- Sherilyn topless but cupping her boobs.
- Sherilyn and Jonathan (shirtless)
- R175, that link didn't lead to the photo.
- Trying again
- He is so hot.
- I loved Rude Awakenings. I have all 3 seasons, I should rewatch.
It's a shame Jonathan Penner turned into an ugly creep on Survivor.
- Penner was not ugly (at least not physically) on Survivor. He whined a bit, and was unfair to Lisa.
- She posted about her first love JD. I think it's Johnny Depp she's writing about:
- I didn't know she and Depp were lovers.
- Yes, she dated Johnny for a while, and even guest-starred in an episode of "21 Jumpstreet" when they were dating.
- They were engaged.
- Topless with Kristy McNichol
- I wonder if Kristy hit it.
- I really thought Sherilyn was going to be a big star way back when she was on Twin Peaks.
- Me too R187
- "I am a walking contradiction. An eternal paradox. What can be true for me in one moment can change entirely in the next. I am just an ever-changing human in this way. I allow it. And sometimes I judge it. Am confused by it. So what is wrong with being confused. When I used to tell my dear Roy London.....I don't know!!!! His reply was always....Oh good!!!! Now we can begin."
- Beautiful picture of her.
- Rude Awakening is out on DVD
- I just got Rude Awakenings. Sherilyn plays a has-been actress with a drinking problem. It's a little like the Chelsea Lately show, but better.
- Bump. How is Sherilyn doing?
- She's playing Brittany Murphy's mom in this new Lifetime biopic.
- R1 & R60 Jeez, some "friend" you are! Your punctuation leaves a lot to be desired as well.
- How fun would it have been to watch SF and LFB in a heated, name-calling cat fight during their time on Twin Peaks!
I couldn't even guess who the winner would be, both were awesome bitches during their day.
- R76 He was engaged to Jennifer Grey between those two.
- R196 - Lara seemed like she would be more able to fight than Sherilyn at the time even if Sherilyn had a few pounds on her.
- She's stopped blogging.