- *crickets chirping*
- A friend of mine used to work there. Evidently this girl he was dating cheated on him with Ali Velshi. Eww!!\
Oh and Fareed Zakaria is a total homo.
- The third floor break room floor is filthy and the trash can in the back is always overflowing because Alma always forgets to empty it.
- Haitians blame the UN for cholera deaths!
- I would dip Ali Velshi''s bald head in baby oil and rub it all over my naked body.
- AC likes to blow Larry King or any of the rough trade janitors in the last stall of the 2nd floor men''s room. Then giggles when it''s over. True story.
- Really R2? Fareed Zakaria IS GAY? I had not heard that before!
- It would be interesting if Fareed was gay. A gay liberal Muslim!
- A little bird told me that Don Lemon (who is gay) had a little tryst with TJ Holmes (who is married).%0D\
That''s all I''ll say, but it''s very credible.
- Anderson Cooper... major pussyhound. Loves ''em and leaves ''em.
- Wolf Blitzer has a hissy fit if the interns don''t keep the break room stocked with Duke''s mayonnaise.
- Did Rob Marciano recently get married again?
- The story about Don Lemon and TJ Holmes is old news, it was all over the black gossip sites a while back.
- Not that I don''t believe Zakariah is gay, but I believe he''s married with children.
- Larry King was FORCED into retirement because so few guests could tolerate the smell of corpse during an interview!
- Nancy Grace changes the diapers of her twins on Anderson Cooper''s desk and leaves the loaded gifts in his waste paper basket.
- Get ready to wake up to TJ Holmes!
- There''s got to be some serious gossip behind the scenes. I had no idea that John Roberts and Kyra Phillips are engaged (and she''s pregnant with twins!). And we all know about John King and Dana Bash hooking up/getting married.
- [quote]Oh and Fareed Zakaria is a total homo.\
Eww. He manages to look both fat and gaunt at the same time. His show is almost as bad as that Spitzer crapfest-in-the-roundtable.
- I would like more details about TJ and Don''s alleged tryst. r9, you cant drop bombs like that and leave out the juicy details!\
Sanjay Gupta looks frail these days. I think he caught something in Haiti.
- Anderson''s t-shirt and makeup budget could fund MSNBC for 6 months.
- There''s not much gossip or rumors on what happens at CNN because they will practically hang employees if they let anything out. But there was a story about Anderson having problems with his producer David Doss - AC denied it, but later Doss stepped down and Jon Klein was fired, so sometimes people do talk.%0D
- There used to be an insider who posted here. He never advertised himself as such, was discreet, but his stories were always interesting.
- Tony Roberts is the most recent one to "leave." Who else''s contract won''t be renewed?
- Whoops, Tony Harris.
- Bring back Carol Lin. They let her go when that blowhard Rick Sanchez joined CNN.
- Give Carol Costello a much higher profile. I love her!
- I still miss Bobbie Baptista. Bring her back.
- I LOVE how Bobbie Batista''s personal website describes her as "Media Powerhouse %E2%80%A2 Internationally Acclaimed Anchor."
- Are most of the CNNers Republicans? They sure seem like it.
- He''s no longer with CNN, but I recall reading from someone that worked there that Bill Hemmer has a big, bubble butt yet I''ve never seen pictures of it (he always wears a jacket). Does he or doesn''t he?
- I heard that Kieran Chetry and John Roberts hated each other. Not really surprised.
- I hope they cut Kiran Chetry as well. Betty Nguyen should come back and host with TJ.
- Betty Nguyen seems like a total bitch.
- Really R35? She''s seemed sweet when I''ve watched her. I think she''s on some CBS very early morning show now.
- r35 = Kiran Chetry, total bitch
- What about John Roberts though? I saw a clip of him once getting bitchy and nasty with Kieran. I''m sure she wanted to slap the shit out of him.
- What about all the workers that arebehind the scenes? What is the environment of the workplace?
- I can''t stand Tony Harris, and I liked Kyra better with the red hair.\
I assume that many more viewers will abandon ship once they replace Larry with that British dude, next month.
- [quote]What is the environment of the workplace?%0D\
Probably demoralized for being last place in the ratings.
- I agree r40, Kyra looks much younger with red hair.
- This thread is evidence that no one knows what goes on at CNN.
- So, it''s safe to watch again, now that Tony Harris is gone? God, he was awful. I like the hot Daddy Drew Griffin. He looks like a hairy beast with that chest hair peeking above his shirt collar
- TJ Holmes = homophobe
- But R45, he''s so hot!
- TJ strips for the doctor:
- Tony Harris is leaving! Hallelujah. He single-handedly chased me away from the network. Insufferable pompous jerk. \
Some TJ in the morning will be fine.
- I still want to know what happened between Don Lemon and his prominent ex-boyfriend in Chicago, Ron Huberman. Ron was a policeman so Im guessing he has a few screws loose.
- Don Lemon is not only cute, but so sweet. It''s hard to believe he''s 44!
- [quote]I like the hot Daddy Drew Griffin. He looks like a hairy beast with that chest hair peeking above his shirt collar\
I hate Drew Griffin, he looks like an ape and is nothing but a hack and a right wing apologist.
- Any new gossip about CNN?
- Did Kyra pop out those twins yet?
- She had the twins about a month or so ago. I hope she joins her husband at Fox so I don''t have to see either of them again.
- Erin Burnett from CNBC is coming to CNN. What timeslot is she taking over?
- Thanks, r56.%0D\
I love Erin and the network seems so much better without Kira, and Tony.%0D\
If only we could get rid of Piers.
- Don Lemon is about to be the first black man in the history of the world to come out!
- Don interviewed tornado victims in a baby blue CNN hoodie that he only wears in disaster zones. He looked so cute
Take that, Anderson''s tight Tshirts!
- I''ll take Anderson in his tight Tshirt, thanks.
- I have to wonder why Anderson was not on last nite with the breaking news. Probably too busy fucking Ben to go to work and report the news.
- Brianna Keilar has been doing a lot of weekends lately. Do you think they will make her a permanent anchor?
- Another clip of Brianna
- What do we know about Brianna?
- CNN's overblown coverage of the cruise ship helped their ratings.
- Are you surprised r66? I'm not. In fact, I think their ratings will increase if they did move toward infotainment. It works. We're talking about the American people here. In the land of the Kardashians, the Lohans and the Real Housewives, we are a nation like like junk. Junk food. Junk news. Junk celebrities. Junk reality shows.
- No, not surprised.
- On the front page cnn.com has Piers, Soledad, Anderson, and Wolf
- Kate Boiduan namewd morning show host.
- Did Brianna Keilar gained weight?
- -gained + gain
- Fareed does not look gay.
- Is Fareed married?
- Is Jake Tapper gay?
I know he "dated" Monica Lewinski, but from his article about it, it seemed more like she was his hag...
- When did Jake date Monica?
- Jake is married ...to a woman, right?
- Yes, Jake is married.
- Has Jeff Tobin recovered from the Supreme Court Obamacare debacle?
- What debacle?
- The BLood!
on the Mattress!
- WTF R82?
- You know, she's not as high profile as some other people at the network, but I always thought CNN's Brooke Baldwin was a lady gay.
No husband (that I know of)
Cane voice (she sounds more butch than some lesbians I know)
Has a butch side that comes out with certain news segments (like when she learned Roller Derby)
During the interview with lesbian guitarist Kaki King she looked like she wanted to jump her bones, or at the very least sit in her lap.
So does anyone know anything about her? Is she one of us?
- It's becoming a Klan rally under Zucker. Meanwhile, ABC has picked up Byron Pitts!
- Any gossip on Hala Gorani?
- R84 - Brooke mentioned taking Brianna Keilar as her date for the WH Correspondent's Dinner one year.
- WTF was that mess they showed last night with Donnie Deutsch and a couple of blonde right wingers and sports dudes? It was HORRIBLE. Zucker will destroy the network.
- "Brooke Baldwin was born on July 12, 1979. She attended The Westminster Schools and the United States Space Camp at the age of 13 and served as commander of her mission there. The week, she said, "was incredibly cool." 
Baldwin graduated with a double bachelor's degree in journalism and Spanish from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also studied at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City during her undergraduate years.
She started her career at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Virginia and later became the morning anchor at WOWK-TV in the Huntington and Charleston, West Virginia area. She later joined WTTG in Washington, DC as lead reporter for the 10pm newscast."
Does she have Mexican ancestry?
- [quote]WTF was that mess they showed last night with Donnie Deutsch and a couple of blonde right wingers and sports dudes? It was HORRIBLE. Zucker will destroy the network.
That was the worst thing I've ever seen on any cable news channel. Talk about a clusterfuck! I couldn't even understand what they were saying half of the time.
- Even the name Donnie Deutsch sounds bad.
- I thought Donnie was an NBC guy. He's at the table on Morning Joe about once a week. And doesn't he have that 'Professionals' panel gig (whatever it's called) with the Today Show?
- Yes, R92.
Btw, he claims to be a Democrat.
- I could've sworn Brooke Baldwin was married. I don't know to a man or woman but I remember her making a big deal out of being engaged.
- Neither her wiki nor her CNN page mention Brooke being married.
- Ok R95, I guess she's not then, but I am certain I saw her on CNN talking about her wedding plans with another anchor, clearly I must've been quite confused.
- The new, temporary show at 10:00 is called The Point.....
and is it ever being ridiculed(and deservedly so) on twitter. Called garbage, lame, pathetic, idiotic, truly horrible...
On a personal note, Rick Reilly makes my skin crawl. There's just something about him that I DO NOT LIKE.
- The Point was lambasted on the Daily Show.
- "Katrina vanden Heuvel, editor and publisher of the Nation, tweeted that “The Point” makes “Us Weekly seem like Le Monde Diplomatique.”"
- R96, on another thread someone linked to Brooke Baldwin talking to another CNN host about getting engaged so you were not confused. I think they also said in that thread that she never got married.
I want to know about Braina Keilar. I know she got married, but she has not been wearing a wedding ring in quite a while. She pings to me.
- Brianna pings a bit to me too. i know she's a NASCAR fan and a foodie.
- Interview with Brianna
"If you were a carbonated beverage which would you be? I’d like to say champagne, but let’s be honest. Beer. I am, after all, a NASCAR fan."
"What’s your most embarrassing career moment? Falling off a mechanical bull on live TV. It happened during my first on-air job as a reporter in Yakima, Washington. IÂ’m hopeful the station has been lackadaisical about archiving airchecks."
- Brooke and Brianna flirt a lot when they are together.
- Thanks for the info R100, I thought I was losing it.
- The Point is awful!
- Brianna was also on the boy's golf team in high school.....getting better :)
- Brianna's gorgeous. A little thick, but gorgeous. She also has an interesting voice.
- R106 -Yes, she said there was no boy's team.
- No girl's team, I mean.
- Brooke Baldwin rips Tony Perkins a new one.
- Brianna Keilar getting down in Karaoke.
- Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Christiane Amanpour looks great lately. Did she have work done?
- I saw Christiane sitting on a stoop in Chelsea last year- I was shocked to see how pretty she is in person. Guess not being on the front lines in Iraq does wonders for the skin.
- Christiane made at least one appearance as herself on the Gilmore Girls.
- I don't watch CNN, so when I saw her the other day, I was shocked. I always liked her, but damn. She really looks good. And she's 10 years older than me. Always thought she might be gay, but nope, married.
- Oh I love the Brooke gossip and speculation - more please ! She is hot! Totally pings for me too. She also seems like a cool person.
- Brooke and Brianna
- Another one of Brooke and Brianna
- Brooke and Ms. Keaton.
- Is The Point gone?
- Clip of Brooke Baldwin
- How is Dana Bash handling the divorce?
- The Point was cancelled after four episodes.
- "The Point" fucking sucked! Donnie Douche ruins everything.
I find myself watching CNN more and more these days. They still have some annoying people on there, but I'm really glad they got rid of most of the Tea Party assholes.
- They're divorcing R122? I'm the last one to hear anything, and I'd heard the rumors about her homo hubby.
- Bash and King separated a year ago.
- Why does Don Lemon sometimes look so bloated?
- Brianna Keilar and Karen Findley
- Don usually looks quite good... Much younger than his age.
- Kate Bouldan's mother is a hot drunken mess. How embarrassing.
Erin Burnett should be cancelled. She's had on hatemonger/gun loving pedophile Ted Nugent TWICE and has treated him like he's a sane, reasonable voice for gun advocates. Not that there ARE any sane and reasonable voices amongst that bunch.
- I like Kate. Sucks that her mom is a mess.
- Nice one R128.
- Erin really bugs me.
- Are the powers that be at CNN proud that Roland Martin is gone?
- When will they get rid of Ari Fleischer?
- I couldn't stand Ari when he was Bush's press sec, but in hindsight, he wasn't the worst that Bush had. At least he had some idea of history.
- John King is fucking one of the blonde anchors. That's why his marriage to CNN moderator Dana Bash was so short.
- I don't think it was one of the anchors, R137
- I thought John King was involved with a producer.
- R139 - A producer is more likely than on the air talent.
- Erin must be humiliated that she didn't get the morning show with Cuomo.
- R141, I heard that she refused to do it without increased pay, because her current contract makes her the anchor of her own almost-primetime show. Most people in her position would consider it a demotion to become just the co-anchor of a morning show.
If that's true, then CNN must not have thought it was worth extra money to move her to the morning show. I hope that means she'll soon be gone from the evening show & the network.
- r141 I had read that Erin was offered the morning position opposite Cuomo but was asking for too much money. In order for her to make the switch her contract would need to be renegotiated, she wanted $$$$.
- Brianna keilar winning the Dirksen award.
- Brooke Baldwin can't be straight. (Halleluiah!) Just saw a few of her Facebook pics and the woman pings. I'm a lez and my gaydar is nearly spot-on. Her and Alison Kosik are friends with Chely Wright and her partner. Not that that means anything.
- What about Alison and Brianna R145?
- Erin seems to be after the money.
- Rating wise, Erin is starting to beat Matthews on a regular basis.
Friday April 12th -
- And on Monday(1st bombing coverage), Fox and CNN absolutely destroyed MSNBC.
- It's funny how that albino rodent burrowed himself up Jeff Zucker's ass as soon as the axe started swinging.
Meanwhile: MSNBC shouldn't have fucked with a winning formula. Chris is bombing and bringing down Rachel and Lawrence with him. Wonder how they're going to dig themselves out of the hole they find themselves in...
- Monday April 8th -
- Love that my HLN honey, Robin Meade, is starting to beat Morning Joe on a more frequent basis.
I could look at her all day. Sweet, gorgeous, and funny is just how I like them.
- Re: Robin Meade
Unfortunately, some recent revelations about Joe Scarborough has made it difficult to stomach his show these days. I can no longer stand him, Mika, Willie, or any of those other smug cunts with delusions of grandeur. Meanwhile, I agree with R152 that it's cool to see Robin Meade consistently beating Morning Joe in the ratings.
Back when I was transitioning from "bi-curious" to gay (haha!), I sent Robin a fan e-mail since I'd watch her show every morning before going to work. In addition to being gorgeous, I thought she had a great personality and quick wit...which was confirmed in her response to me. She was genuinely appreciative that I took the time to write (or at least she did a good job of pretending to be), and her response came fairly quick too.
And while I'm no longer a fan of Anderson Cooper, he also impressed me upon responding to an e-mail I had written to him (but that was back in 2003...before he had his own primetime show).
- Robin is gorgeous and funny.
- R153, did you write him again and he didn't respond or something, because you've been on this "albino rodent" kick for quite some time now.
- Bad day for CNN.
- Anderson looks like an albino rodent. I haven't written to him since that one time, nor have a felt the urge to. That doesn't mean I don't think he's an okay journalist, I'm just not as impressed by him these days (especially since he showed his conservative leanings during last year's presidential election).
- Is John King toast?
- [quote]Anderson looks like an albino rodent.
Not that I agree at all, but even if it were true (it's not) he's still hot and hotter than most of the men who criticize him.
- I hope so R158
- John King is probably smoking twice the weed tonight that he did the night he was on air high announcing the murder of Osama bin Laden.
what recent revelations about Joe Scarborough?
Did you just get around to reading the dead intern stories?
- John King took the brunt of Jon Stewart's brutal CNN mockery on TDS tonight.
- John King and, thank God, Wolf Blitzer, R163.
- Oh yes that's right R164, I'd forgotten about Blitzer.
- Before Johnny King closes the CNN door, can we talk about his big dick, just one more time.
- Much of CNN'S coverage of the Boston bombings has been fucking disgraceful.
- How was the coverage "disgraceful"? And what did King & Blitzer do? I didn't see much of it beyond the highlights.
- A list for you, R168
- In an interview on Tuesday, CNN's John King said that he was very embarrassed about his reporting mistakes during the Boston bombings.
King had perhaps the worst moment of his career last week, when he erroneously said that an arrest had been made in the bombings. King was also criticized for calling the suspect a "dark-skinned male."
"I've got a pretty good track record, but when you do something like this it's embarrassing," King told local Washington station WTOP. He also said it was "tough" for viewers to see people they want to trust get something so wrong. He called it a "shot" to his credibility.
"The one thing you have to do is look straight in the camera and say, 'We were wrong,'" he said, adding, "It's my city, too, so it's sort of a double kick in the head to me. But the best way to deal with it is to say, 'we made a mistake. Here's how we made a mistake,' and then move on."
- Has it been confirmed that John King is a closet case?
- Oh yeah? Well Pete Williams sucks!
- What do you all think Cuomo's ass smells like?
- Any idea on when CNN will pull the plug on the endless Boston bombings coverage?
- I hope John King isn't toast at CNN. I think he's hot and mucular.
- R174 - another week provided nothing else happens.
- King is interviewing W.
- BREAKING NEWS, biches!
CNN interviews a cabbie who thinks he gave the Boston bombers a ride the day of the marathon.
Breaking News, Breaking News, and even more Breaking News.
- Victor Blackwell and Brianna Keilar defying Bloomberg's ban of big sodas.
- R178 Breaking news is broken.
- Thanks for bringing up the Chely friendship R145. I have seen that Alison and Chely were friends via Twitter, but not Brooke....however Chely is a confessed CNN-aholic like myself. And, thanks for bringing up Alison. She does not ping to me...she rather seems like she would just let anyone fuck her......which is fine by me.
- LOL R181
- Alison turned 41 yesterday.
- Brianna Keilar covering WH correspondents dinner
- Conan got in a good John King joke at the WHCD.
- Now that most of the anchors are back in the studio, I wonder if they will rush back to Boston due to the new arrests?
- Ali Velshi went to Al Jazeera America.
- Looks like they did R186
- What do we know about Elizabeth Cohen?
- Hala Gorani pings to me, R86. She seems like a badass lady. Too bad she’s rarely on CNN domestic anymore.
- What is Hala doing?
- I’m fairly certain Hala still has a show on CNN International, but I’m in the US with no way to watch CNNI. She used to be on CNN domestic almost daily giving updates about Syria & various international issues, but now I rarely see her throughout the day. Although, maybe I’m just not watching at the right times.
- "During her five years as host, she reported on several colorful and thought-provoking stories including poverty in oil-rich Bahrain; everyday struggles for artists living in Iraq; and gay life in the Middle East, which was a first on international television and earned a nomination for a Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) award."
- Oooooh, thanks R193!
- Ali Velshi GOING TO AL JAZEERA AMERICA???!!!
Wow, that is interesting!
- CNN Starting point calls it “The Fifty Shades of Grey of political novels,” which is definitely a stretch as it lacks any graphic sex scenes whatsoever unless you count sizing up the candidate’s package as graphic. Still, Domestic Affairs, by Bridget Siegel, a political consultant who has worked on local, state and national campaigns, is hard to put down as FishbowlDC quickly learned after finishing it in a few days.
In Siegel’s 2012 book, which releases in paperback on May 14, she mentions journalists by name including HuffPost‘s Sam Stein, WaPo‘s Chris Cillizza, then-Politico‘s Ben Smith and “Tara” from Page Six — i.e. Tara Palmeri, formerly of the Washington Examiner and currently of the New York Post. Also mentioned: Brianna, possibly CNN’s Brianna Keilar.
- So what was up with that Banfield/Grace phone conversation?
- The 50 shades politicalvsex story is fake w/ real folks peppered thru to Make it realistic.. Sounds ok but I doubt I would read it.
- It got strong reviews on amazon, R199
- Watched Brooke Baldwin rummaging through rubble in Oklahoma yesterday.....she pings.....a lot.
- She does ping, but why did they have Brooke in OK City?
- What about Erin?
- Can't stand Erin, how long before she leaves?
- Erin is annoying, and getting worse.
- Is Don still at CNN?
- Has anyone else noticed the resemblance (except for hair color) of Erin to Allison Sweeney? (sp?)
- Alison is prettier. They also have different body types.
- Is Erin fucking Stephanie Miller?
She's on her show all the time, now.
- Interesting R209 especially as Stephanie is a progressive.
- Any word on John Berman? He left ABC News after more than a decade last year to host CNN Early Start. He's adorable.
- BROOKLYN BRIDGE???? OMG!!!!!! Someone start a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- What happened at the Brooklyn Brudge?
- Ratings up!
- Erin's pregnant.
- Erin just had a panel on to discuss Paula Deen using the N word. No one on the panel was black. That is absurd.
- R217 - That is absurd.
- Brianna Keilar did well in this interview with Saxby Chambliss over the situation in Syria.
- Who will fill in for Erin when she takes maternity leave?
- Brooke Baldwin & Elizabeth Cohen chatting. What do we know about Elizabeth?
- Excuse me ,are only female CNN anchors attracting gossip? What about the guys?
- Anyone watch Chris "Sex Machine" Cuomo's show NEW DAY? The man is 50 kinds of gorgeous.
Next week will mark six months since Jeff Zucker took over from Jim Walton as president of CNN Worldwide. It was a move that showed tremendous promise for anyone who’d hope to see a return to form for the once-pioneering, now-struggling cable news network. Indeed, for anyone who believes, however foolishly, that serious journalism may once again rise above the din of polarized punditry on TV news, the thought of CNN clobbering its rivals at Fox and MSNBC is particularly appealing.
But if the appointment of Zucker -- known for his nose for personality-driven news and willingness to make bold programming choices -- has raised many hopes, the recent direction of CNN may not be enough to keep them up. Granted, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and six months is not much time to reinvigorate (or is it rehabilitate?) a brand as stagnant as CNN. However, between John King’s botched Boston bombings coverage, Wolf Blitzer insulting an atheist tornado victim, and Piers Morgan forgoing coverage of Sen. Wendy Davis’ Texas filibuster in lieu of a segment on blueberry muffins, the network’s efforts to bolster its image have faced one setback after another.
From the looks of things, those failures also may include “New Day,” CNN’s new morning talk show, which features Chris Cuomo, Kate Bolduan and Michaela Pereira. It’s Zucker’s biggest launch yet, but ratings during its first week have been mixed at best. Although “New Day’s” viewership is an improvement over the same time period last year -- up 53 percent according to figures compiled by Mediabistro -- ratings have been down when compared to CNN’s 2013 average. In fact, according Zap2It.com, the show is underperforming compared to its timeslot predecessors, “Early Start” and “Starting Point.” In all likelihood, that’s not the direction Zucker wants to be heading.
What makes “New Day’s” sluggish start particularly painful is that the show falls so conformably within Zucker’s area of expertise. During his time at NBCUniversal, he was the youngest-ever producer of NBC’s “Today” show, which became the most-watched show on morning TV under his tenure. His ability to cull talent and build dynamic, personality-driven news shows is presumably one of the biggest reasons he was hired. Still, judging from some of the Twitter chatter surrounding “New Day,” the image problem persists.
- CNN sent Brianna Keilar and others to Africa for Obama's trip.
- According to Nielsen, CNN saw its prime-time audience jump almost 50% for the quarter to an average of 666,000 viewers compared with the same period in 2012. In the 25-54 demographic, CNN was up 77%.
- Im ready for some new eyecandy at CNN. Ever since TJ Holmes abandoned ship they have been severely lacking. Don Lemon can only do so much for them.
- Why so much coverage of Zimmerman?
- What will CNN do now that Zimmerman is over.
- Zimmerman ratings bump short lived.
- Brianna Keilar can't make her mind with her hair color.
- CNN might as well stand for Colored News Network because it is in Atlanta and they hire a high percentage of AA's, more than the 13% of the population. Watch a show with all black males and you would think you were watching a frat committee session.
- Do we have any Chris Cuomo nudity available? Any picture links? Anyone?
- Yes, R234, the former Governor's son and brother of a current governor has been on Sean Cody presenting his hole. He also has a Grindr profile. Just keep looking!
- Cuomo is good-looking, but he comes across like a shoe salesman, not a news anchor. Vapid, male version of a blonde bimbo. I really can't stand to watch the CNN morning news show any more.
- R233 - Racist, much?
- Guess Andrew got the brains in the family.
- Interesting pairing of Chrsiti Paul from HLN and Brianna Keilar last weekend.
- CNN Names Jessica Yellin Chief Domestic Affairs Correspondent; Promotes Brianna Keilar and Jim Acosta to Sr. White House Correspondents;
- Who is Ivan Watson? He was on this morning.
- He was also on Suzanne's show yesterday - go to 0:00.
- CNN gains in ratings.
- Jim Acosta is a fucking douchebag. I've had the misfortune of dealing with him and he's always a fucking diva.
- Details R244
- Ivan Watson is adorable, and back in Syria, I think. He was good in studio, but the lights in there didn't do the bags under his eyes any favors.
- Ivan seemed to be a little nervous, stumbling over his name at one point.
- I rarely see anyone on CNN criticize the Republicans. Every time I turn it on, they're trashing Obama over something. I rarely see them going after Ted Cruz or Rand Paul, or any of the other Tea Party crazies.
Surprisingly, Piers Morgan has the most liberal one on the network lately.
- Piers is only "liberal" when it comes to gun control.
- Brianna Keilar and Victor Blackwell make a good team. Here they are talking about the Syria situation.
- Any gossip on Becky Anderson? She's on CNN International.
- True R248, it happens on every CNN program. They think they're being "courageous" or something, taking on those awful liberals but CNN will never get those Fox viewers they are dying to have, no matter how much they kiss the asses of right wing crazies.
- The beard looks good on Victor.
- CNN could use someone like Rachel Maddow.
- By the way, what happened to Luke Russert? He's not on tv anymore
- Wrong network R255
- Saddest wikipedia entry
"Russert is the son of Tim Russert, who was the longest-serving moderator of Meet the Press, and his wife Maureen Orth, a special correspondent for Vanity Fair. Russert graduated from St. Albans School in Washington, D.C. in 2004. He worked for ESPN's Pardon the Interruption while a student at Boston College, where he graduated in 2008. A few weeks later, his father died."
- I just noticed R255 is right. He disappeared for some reason. Not that it matters because he sucks.
- Luke did join CNN's Brianna Keilar in a charity karaoke performance, but Luke was on NBC and MSNBC.
- r2 Fareed's gayface
- Have they sent anyone prominent to the Middle East for the Syria crisis?
- r261 They tried to get Joe Manganiello...
- Errol Barnett seems asexual.
- Do you mean Erin Burnett? Obviously she's had sex at least once.
- Ratings up
- Erin, given the weight gain, should always wear black. She looked much better in that black outfit. I saw her in a purple dress the other night with very short sleeves. It was very unflattering as was her makeup; her nose looked huge and her face very bloated.
It's amazing what makeup can do, she was looking very butch.
- R267 - Erin is pregnant.
- John Roberts used to be J.D. Roberts in Canada, and hosted several music shows.
No gay/bi rumours but he was a big cokehead in his youth
- When is Erin gonna have that kid?
This seems like the longest pregnancy in the history of television.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt has been pregnant longer.
- Who will be hosting over Thanksgiving?
- I can't stand Carol Costello and she used to be one of my favorites.
She's so grumpy about everyone and everything.
She fucking sucks!
- I watched a little on Don's 11 pm show. Boring.
- R268, I know she was pregnant at the time. It's common for women's noses to become larger especially after the 2nd trimester. Her nose contouring was really bad.
Brooke Baldwin is a twit. She had a segment about Duck Dynasty today and was very inarticulate. Where is she from? The South? Her makeup is garish and it looks like a 12 year old girl did the eyeliner.
- R276 - I didn't see Brooke's segment. She's usually articulate.
- Brianna Keilar's question to Obama: What's your NY Resolution?
- One more week until the Kathy & Anderson Show, beaming worldwide. Maybe she "accidentally" out Clooney or Diesel?
- Thanks R279
- R277, I don't find her intelligent. She should only be doing meaningless segments and handling soft ball questions.
- Brianna can ask tougher questions and she's good anchoring. I think she's a little bored.
- CNN's big story seems to be the ship stuck in the Antarctic.
- Bump for Brooke Baldwin drunk anchoring from New Orleans.
- Video of Brooke
- What about CBS news dirt?
- Who cares Charlie?
- WTF happened to the live coverage of NYE around the world. I tuned in for London and got a bunch of idiots screaming about a black Mormon baby. Ted Turner would be ashamed.
- R289 - Are you sure you didn't turn on MSNBC?
- Norah O'Donnel is a hot babe!
- Any dish on Maureen Maher?
- Lesbian thread.
- Let's get back to CNN folks.
Are Anderson and Brooke still hungover? What are Brianna's resolutions for the year? How long will Cuomo be on the air?
- OK, we're back...CNN SUCKS.
But it's better than both MSNBC & Fox.
HOWEVER, if you want a genuine news program, tune into the BBC's Nightly Broadcast.
- But this thread is to talk about the personalities.
- I miss Don Lemon on weekends.
Don't like that Rosa Flores person.
- A friend of Don Lemon's told me he used to get his hole pounded by Ron Corning, a former ABC News guy, when they worked together in local TV.
- Don's got a late night show R297
- Troy Roberts from 48 hours is gay
- When do think Erin will come back?
- Christi Paul is now permanent as the Weekend New day anchor with Victor.
- WTF are they doing with the schedule?
FTVLive is reporting that CNN is exploring the option of moving Kate Bolduan off of New Day…
CNN sources tell FTVLive that Zucker is in talks with CNN’s DC Bureau Chief Sam Feist about a new role for Bolduan in DC.
New Day was a pet project for Zucker and CNN sunk millions into making a morning show that they hoped viewers would watch. They haven’t and Zucker is coming to realize that changes are needed.
It appears that Bolduan is about to be the first of those changes.
- Who is becky anderson dating??
- Ratings not good in Jan.
- CNN named Briana Keilar, its senior White House correspondent, to the new role of senior political correspondent and said she would be the lead reporter covering Hilary Clinton and the Democrats as the nation’s next Presidential election takes shape.
She will also serve as the primary fill-in anchor for the network’s 5 p.m. Eastern program, “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.” She has been CNN’s senior White House correspondent, and will start her new duties in March, the Time Warner cable network said in a statement Wednesday.
Keilar joined the network in 2006 as general assignment correspondent. Prior to that she was a correspondent for CNN Newsource, where she provided breaking news coverage and reported from the nation’s capital for approximately 800 CNN Newsource partner stations. She joined Newsource from CBS New,s where she served as an anchor, reporter and producer for a CBS newscast that aired on mtvU, MTV’s college network. At CNN, she has served as White House correspondent and a congressional correspondent.
She earned the National Press Foundation’s Everett McKinley Dirksen Award for Distinguished Reporting of Congress for her fall 2008 coverage of the $700 billion bank bailout. In one of her earliest jobs, she worked as a morning-show personality for a radio station.
CNN this morning named Michelle Kosinski its WhiteHeadshot House Correspondent, and Dana Bash and Pamela Brown have been given new roles as the 2014 and 2016 campaigns approach. Kosinski will join senior White House correspondent Jim Acosta as CNN’s on-air team at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
- What happened to Suzanne Malveaux?
Has she been let go?
- Suzanne moved to DC and is taking a reduced workload in order to take care of her mom.
- Has anyone noticed that the CNN website keeps the same stories, for days & days?
They have a very outdated looking site & they don't update it as much as other news sites do, IMO
- Their website isn't very good. I don't know what MSNBC and FOX are doing. Are they any better?
- I think we were right about Brooke Baldwin pinging, they just had a segment on CNN about that bill that would allow refusal of service to gay people and Brooke was pissed, she nearly snapped a few times at the Republican talking head that was defending it, and at one point even used the words "so if I was going to marry a woman". They were using the example of using a wedding photographer and Brooke was all 'so if I was married to a woman they would turn me away'
Along with all the other things in this thread that allude to the possibility I do think she's one of us.
- R314 - That does not mean Brooke is gay, just that she's a decent human being.
- That's true r315, but she's pinged for years, and remains unmarried. A lot of people thought she was family before that segment.
- I think she pings, but her comments aren't proof of anything.
- Lots of scrambling schedules due to the crisis in the Ukraine.
- Wolf Blitzer and his wolf pack.
Wolf just won the Sol Taishoff Award.
- Brooke Baldwin was at Fort Hood today. One breaking news story trumped the plane.
- bumping for news gossip
- Still the plane.
- CNN is interested in the plane because its a ratings winner.
- I love Sanjay Gupta
- Don and Suzanne at the WHCD
- Don, Suzanne, Brianna, and others
Don: "I've got a blonde, a kind of blonde and a brunette."
- Don shouldn't be allowed on TV. He has a black agenda
- R327 - Are you kidding?
- Don's always fighting with someone these days. He never holds back. Here he is fighting with Will Cain on CNN.
- R328 Are YOU kidding?
- Don does not have a "black agenda". In fact, he's often been criticized by black groups.
- R331 is correct.
- R331 sssuuuuurrrreee
- CNN folks wish their moms happy birthday.
- I mean Mother's Day.
- Is Don Lemon still trying to get his riot on?
- My, that's a dog whisper!
- Don is more Booker T. Washington than Stokely Carmichael.
- Don just got an honorary degree from Emerson College.
- Don't diss the Obamas, Don Lemon will cut you!
- On Thursday the 8th, CNN's highest rated show of the night was Anderson Cooper wuth 454,000 viewers.
That, my friends, is absolutely pathetic.
7:OO Erin Burnett 337,000
8:00 Andersnon C. 454,000
9:00 Cnn Tonight 314,000
10:00 Specialreport 228,000
- For R333.
There is MUCH more out there; just use google.
- Why in the fuck didn't CNN cancel the horrible new Cossfire when they had the chance?
It will never be as good as it was in the Tucker Carlson heyday.
- What were the numbers like a year ago?
- CNN went from plane obsessed to Sterling obsessed.
Anything racial and CNN with fixate on it for wks, especially Lemon.
Stupid little ugly Smerconish is sometimes on at 9. Did MSNBC fire his ass or what?
Lemon fresh donny boy is sometimes on at 10.
- Lemon is a moron. Now he's a moron with an honorary doctorate's degree. Is he still espousing a black hole theory to explain the disappearance of flight 370?
- R346 - He didn't espouse it. He brought it up as a viewer suggestion and said "I think this is silly, but is there a possibility"
- Lemon was a fucking moron for even asking the question. I don't he'll ever live it down.
And CNN won't ever live down their obsessive THE PLANE THE PLANE coverage.
- The plane gave them ratings.
- For about 10 days, R349. Then they became a laughingstock.
- The ratings did go up.
- Friday May 9 -
Erin Burnett 338,000
Lesbian Mitch 151,000
Anderson C 353,000
All in Hayes 398,000
CNN Tonight 226,000
Love me Maddow560,000
CNN Spot 231,000
- SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY
But at least MSNBC beats them.
- Fox has better known personalities.
- Both CNN and MSNBC appear to be tanking.
On Monday, Lemon pulled in only 325,000 viewers. Maddow got 600,000.
- Crossfire was a great program in the early years, when it was "from the left, Tom Braden, and on the right" either Pat Buchanan or Robert Novak.
Later, Michael Kinsley was very good sitting on the left. The show was thoughtful and informative, and the hosts had respect (dare I say affection) for each other.
This recent reincarnation is unwatchable, especially the self-important ass Mr. Newt.
- I haven't seen the new Crossfire, but I remember the old Crossfire well, and loved it.
I also remember when Larry King interviewed politicians and writers, rather than airhead celebrities.
Just more proof of the dumbing down of television.
- Newt actually made sense when he said Rove should STFU.
- Brianna Keilar is subbing for Erin.
- For the first time in a long, long time, I tuned in last time while Lemmon was on...
He was allegedly covering the 9-11 museum story, interviewing three women, 2 of whom had lost relatives in the WTC, the third was some female politician I'd never heard of before.
Somehow, he & they smoothly segued from that convo...into a story about THE PLANE already being made into a movie. Swear to God, it was surreal.
It'll be a long, long time before I tune in again.
- They have to do the plane. It's their thing.
- Brianna Keilar covered for Erin Burnett all last week.
Brooke Baldwin is moving to New York.
- I think the plane is finally over as a story.
- Brianna Keilar's reaction to today's news.
- CNN is so damn obsessed with anything to do about race.
They went from da Plane to Sterling and more Sterling and more Sterling... until probably the day he croaks.
With Soledad gone, I was hoping this obsession would fade some, but Lemon is worse than O'Brien.
He actually tried to incite a riot not too long ago(that case after T.Martin)..... even though the white guy who shot into the car was sent to prison.
- R366 - Sterling is important.
Don Lemon is not Al Sharpton.
- I hate Carol Costello with a white hot passion.
- I am a gay guy and I ADORE Brooke Baldwin.
- Brian Stelter looks like a cheesy clown.
Who in the hell could take that guy seriously?
And that voice!
- Brooke is adorable.
- His ratings suck donkey balls
- When I worked there everyone was so worried about the low ratings they would be faxing Fox for jobs at lunch and after hours. Ideology be damned, we all wanted permanent employment, not a job re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic disaster that is CNN.
- I swear.... CNN and butt fugly Richard Quest are still talking about pings.
- Erin Burnett is a dumb little monkey
- R373 - When did you work there? Any dirt? What's up with Wolf Blitzer?
- R376 So stupid and moronic, with an almost amusing, but inexplicable and undeserved sense of entitlement. The staff celebrated for hours after the airing of WB's disaster on Jeopardy--missed every question! Every epic failure to answer question correctly was another toast and shot to his unmasking.
- Oh, that's delicious R377 and not the least bit surprising.
- I think one of the few actual reporters CNN has is Dana Bash.
- Nope R379, she is a right wing shill. When Univision's Jorge Ramos went after Boehner for not doing anything about immigration reform, she sat next to him looking stricken that he wasn't kissing Boner's ass but was behaving like a real journalist should.
- I'm not convinced Dana is right wing.
- Keep watching her R381, you'll see. Same goes for Jake Tapper, Candy Crowley, Gloria Borger, David Gergen and John King.
- Candy is not right wing. She put Mitt in his place during the debate, and generally conducted it well.
CNN is certainly not left wing as freepers would insist, but it's not right wing either. It's generally centrist.
- Where does CNN find such goobers?
- Fucking please R382.
It's plain to see that you're only happy with Obama administration ass lickers.
- First thing Dana Bash does is whine about the 'timing' of the Bergdahl release instead of giving the president credit for getting it done. CNN sides with the GOP and presents everything regarding Obama from the GOP's perspective. One example of Crowley not giving into her GOP overlords is not going to cut it.
R385 simply doesn't know what he's talking about.
- What happened to Sunny Hostin and Mark Geragos's show that was supposed to air once a week? Also, Don Lemon's nightly show has been MIA. CNN's gone back to showing documentaries because their news shows get rock bottom ratings.
- Oh there is no question Dana Bash is rightwing, she always gets McCain interviews and Republican quotes. She is positively gleeful when stories emerge which, with the proper spin, make Obama or Hillary look inept.
Brian Seltzer is actually doing a good job, and I like the show, but he was the wrong choice, by far. I can recall being so turned off by his smug personality when he first tried out for the role, I was shocked he got the job.
- Exactly R388. She really IS gleeful when she thinks she can slam the president or any other Democrat.
You got your head so far up Obama's ass that you can't see a damn thing.
In other words, you don't have one objective bone in your body.
- R390 still doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm not the first person on this site and others to notice that CNN has transformed itself into Fox-lite and the reporters there act accordingly.
- There are a lot of freepers who say CNN is in Obama's and the Clinton's pocket. That's not true either.
Erin definitively tilts to the business interests, but that does not make the whole network Fox lite.
- Anderson Cooper is good friends with a right wing military gun nut guy he interviewed on 60 Minutes, one of the guys depicted in the movie Lone Survivor. It's no wonder Anderson's show is usually an hours worth of Obama bashing. He can't disappoint his friends in Texas who hate the president and love Rick Perry and Barbara Bush.
- I like Tapper and Bash.
They tell it how they see it.
Guess you prefer Matthews and Maddow on MSNBC R391? Hell, I know 2 wks in advance what's coming out of their mouths.
- R394, both of those suckers should be at Fox, they tell it how the GOP sees it and that's all.
- R394 - Matthews isn't really left and he loved himself some George W Bush back in he day. He's just a loud obnoxious bore.
I love Rachel Maddow!
- Matthews was foaming at the mouth yesterday attacking President Obama. Bill Maher is another one whose no friend to liberals. Maher is probably a Libertarian.
- Erin Burnett is the WORST. I hope she suffers a spectacular flame-out some day.
- CNN has the most BORING, antiquated website I've seen, of any major news organization.
They change a couple of the top stories each day, otherwise, scroll down & the same shit is there for days & days.
At least nbcnews.com has changed to a more updated online format, stories "move" more quickly,& better graphical interface.
CNN really is a sad shadow of the network it was, even as recently as 10 yrs ago.
- R397 - "Maher is probably a Libertarian."
He's a left leaning libertarian. He's more hostile to the Republicans om social issues, but he goes after both parties, and he loathes the religious conservatives.
- And yes the Jeopardy episode with Wolf (mentioned by R377) is a classic. I love the final image before Final Jeopardy with Wolf at minus $4,600 and Andy Richter at $39,000.
It looks like something out of Arrested Development - but no Wolf is just a complete moron. Does anyone know how he got so influential at CNN?
- LOL R401.
And that Wolf gets around.
- R402 I will dream about being Wolf Blitzer tonight after seeing that pic.
- What is fettuccine?
- What is annotated?
- Hey Wolf, you loser. I went on Jeopardy and won.
- Wolf at least got he final jeopardy question correct.
- CNN should have fired him if he got that one wrong, R408.
- Brianna Keilar on Hillary's book.
- I'm still not ready for Hillary but she's forcing herself on us before she even says she's running.
- R411 - She's testing the waters.
- Can she name any significant achievements as a senator and Secretary of State now? She was having problems doing it recently. I'm not sure why she's so beloved. What has she actually done? I wish Elizabeth Warren was running. Hillary's a hawk.
- Hillary has been very vocal about the rights of women and LGBT rights as Sec of State.
- That's not an accomplishment. Anyone can be 'vocal' about rights. What has she DONE about them?
- [quote]What has she actually done? I wish Elizabeth Warren was running. Hillary's a hawk.
God, I wish I fucking KNEW!
- Brooke Baldwin is doing New Day this week.
- NYC DLers, I have TWC in Manhattan and they fucking changed all the channels today. What channel is CNN international please? I'm looking at the bloody TV searching for it as I type.
- For over a full hour after today's shooting in Portland, CNN's website did not even have the story on its landing page. Its lead was the OJ Simpson Story - 20 Years Later.
When the Portland story finally did show up, it was short & the last line attributed the CNN story to "reports from Twitter".
They're pathetic. They should just close up shop & go fishing.
- WHET Jeannie Most?
- R419 - That might be a good thing. Too often they put up wrong info. in breaking stories.
- R420, she's still there. She usually has a segment at the end of Erin Burnett's show.
- Jeanine Moos
- R421: Every other major news outlet had the Portland story on its site, far before CNN.
You're not a major intl news organization, when your idea of coverage of a major breaking story, is phoning it in from Twitter reports.
- Nada Bilchik is the Nigella Lawson of CNN.
- Today's CNN website fiasco?
The radical Islamists are practically at Baghdad's door, after overrunning Mosul, Tikrit & several other Iraqi cities. So all the money, equipment & LIVES we spent there, could become meaningless in only a few days..
CNN mentions Iraq on a sidebar, about 5 stories down.
A selfie of the Portland shooter (literally yesterday's news), is splashed across the top.
They should stick to speculation about the missing Malaysian airliner.
- R426 - Let me guess - a freeper.
- R427: No, someone with observation skills who knows how to read. Dummy.
- R428, it looks like Iraq is either going to become the first all Al Qaeda nation, or become a client state of Iran. I'd say it's a pretty big story, but unfortunately, it makes the president look bad.
- R430 - it makes the President who invaded the country look bad.
- Big news about Cantor the other night but CNN cuts off to show an OJ documentary. They should've been on live like the other news channels. Sticking in those documentaries and the Bourdain show is very disrupting when major news is happening.
- Brianna Keilar in for Kate on New Day.
- In a company-wide Friday memo, the network president calls out a 9 p.m. demo win and tells staffers "we have seen the true scope of what CNN is and can be."
- Zucker doesn't want news on CNN, he's going to get rid of it altogether. May as well since their news reporting has gone down the toilet.
- Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'
- How is it that CNNi can be so well done, and CNN be so horrible?
- Different divisions.
- Zucker had been President of CNN world wide.
- President Barack Obama arrived in Palm Springs, California on Saturday via Air Force One to spend Father's Day playing golf. Hours earlier, he had lectured graduating students at University of California, Irvine, about the need to "do something" about climate change, mocking those who questioned that policy goal.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) encourages reducing unnecessary air travel to minimize carbon dioxide emissions. Golf courses are also frequent targets of environmentalists--especially in southern California, where a severe drought has placed a spotlight on golf courses' use of scarce water resources.
- R440 - What does this have to do with CNN?
Travel is part of being President and most of our recent Presidents have played golf.
- Bush didn't play even though he's a pro compared to losing cheater Osama.
President Barack Obama arrived in Palm Springs, California on Saturday via Air Force One to spend Father's Day playing golf. Hours earlier, he had lectured graduating students at University of California, Irvine, about the need to "do something" about climate change, mocking those who questioned that policy goal.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) encourages reducing unnecessary air travel to minimize carbon dioxide emissions. Golf courses are also frequent targets of environmentalists--especially in southern California, where a severe drought has placed a spotlight on golf courses' use of scarce water resources.
Former president George W. Bush, who quit golf during his first term because the country was at war, said he doesn't begrudge President Obama for continuing to hit the links regularly.
"I see our president criticized for playing golf. I don't. I think he ought to play golf," Bush told the Golf Channel. "Because I know what it's like to be in the bubble. I know the pressures of the job, and to be able to get outside and play golf with some of your pals is important for the president. It does give you an outlet."The interview, on "In Play with Jimmy Roberts," will air Tuesday night at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time.
Bush's opponents have long used footage of him on the tee box in 2002 making a statement about catching terrorists and then saying, "Now watch this drive." Bush said he later decided he didn't want the families of those serving overseas to see him playing golf.
- Why does CNN always trot out Don Lemon's lame ass when it comes to discussing race relations?
Does he have a degree or something?
- CNN panel on Hillary
- Arwa Damon dish?
- None that I know of R446
- God how I hate Tapper, Borger and Bash.
Arwa Damon has such an odd voice.
- R448 - What do you dislike about Bash?
- She, like the others I named are right wing shills, always looking for a way to boost the GOP and denigrate President Obama. Plus, Bash looks like Joe the Camel with lipstick.
- What do you think of Brianna Keilar then R450?
- I don't know anything about her R451, haven't watched her enough to have an opinion.
- She's the blonde in the clip from R445 R452
- I know R453, but I don't want to watch the clip because those other idiots make me sick.
- Watch it.
- I'll watch her without those clowns involved.
- You sound almost as bad as a freeper, but just from the other side, R456.
- I'm more concerned about the freepers masquerading as non-partisan journalists on CNN R457, but whatever you want to believe. I'm not going to debate about this.
- CNN is neither left nor right.
- R450 is so blinded by ideology that it's comical.
- Brianna's put on a few pounds.
- It's certainly not left R459, that's for certain.
- R460 is just blind period.
- What silver hems and hammers a fox
- It is not a mouthpiece for the right.
- It is a mouthpiece for its corporate owners, who most certainly fall to the right of the spectrum.
So funny how many of you still believe in a free and independant press in the US.
- Tell all the girls in Rio
That Popeye and Brutus are here.
- Huh R467
- Whose idea was it to hire Mike Nichols vapid "daughter-in-law" Rachel to yak sports? Did they look at her thick calf's and cankles and assume she was a former "D" lineman?
- What circus did Brian Stelter escape from....
He's a damn joke!
Every time I seem him, I can't help laughing.
- CNN is a chubby-chaser
- How is Rachel at sports?
- CNN hires the most cringe worthy people.
Just the sight and sound of Richard Quest makes me heave.
- Richard Quest is a great name though.
- Who do you think is good on CNN?
- [quote] How is Rachel at sports?
She pulled a stunning upset at the CNN company picnic hot dog eating contest by beating 10 time champ Candy Crowley.
- Rachel interviewing LeBron.
- And Rachel when she was on ESPN.
- What the matter, CNN couldn't find an ugly, screaming American with a lisp, so they had to hire Richard Quest?
- I refuse to watch Richard Quest. I turn the channel when he comes on.
- This isn't about CNN, its about ABC...but its gossip so here goes:
My mother, who is a hip-chick in her late 50's, was visiting me. We were watching the ABC nightly news and they cut to a ABC reporter in the field. Well, my mom starts giggling to herself and I'm like, "whats so funny?"
Well it turns out back in 1993 my mom and the reporter were at the same Halloween party. Also attending was an aggressive bisexual swinger couple who zeroed in my mom. They bugged her all night long, but she wasn't having it. When it became clear that it wasn't going to happen they turned their sights on to the reporter who wound up going home with them.
I can't for the life of me remember the guy's name, but I think it is Jeff something-or-other with a Z.
- Rachel's hair bugs me,
- I'm so damn sick of CNN's illegal sob stories.
- R483 is Lou Dobbs.
- We still don't know if Brooke Baldwin is gay or not?
- Brooke pings.
- And I still don't know if Briana Kielar is divorced!
Remember the big fuss about her wedding and it was featured in a magazine. Several months later she is not wearing a wedding ring anymore. I have even googled.
- R487 - That's a really good question. There's no word one way or the other.
By the way, what do you think of Brianna as a reporter?
- Oh God!
Like I give a rat's ass why Richard Quest came out.
- Do any of the CNN "journalists" actually answer viewer e-mail?
- Here are Brianna's wedding pics btw.
- Richard Quest was talking to Erin Burnett about being gay and he was SO LOUD, I couldn't take it.
- Why doesn't Richard Quest just die already?
- Erin is loud too.
- R487 - Nothing on Brianna's martial status, but I did find this old interview
"What’s your most embarrassing on-the-job moment? (Or as embarrassing as you’d like to reveal?)
All of my embarrassing moments happened in Yakima, Washington while covering the Central Washington State Fair. It was my first reporting job and I just didn’t know any better. Once I fell off of a mechanical bull very ungracefully on live television. Then for a live shot about the reptile exhibit a handler and I hatched a seemingly brilliant plan to wrap an Albino Burmese Python around me (who did I think I was, Britney Spears?). The snake stuck its tail up my shirt and out through the buttons as soon as the anchor tossed to me."
- Richard Quest is listed as 52. I would have guessed younger.
- Brooke Baldwin competes in a charity baseball game to honor fallen servicemen and women.
- Brooke can't run.
- I am a gay man who absolutely ADORES Brooke Burke - watching her every weekday afternoon is the only good thing about being unemployed.
- Don't you mean Brooke Baldwin? R499
- Brianna Keilar in for Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room all week.
- R488, Briana is a good reporter. She seems very well respected in the world of politics. She is a little dry with the banter between reporters....a little dorky..but that makes me love her even more!
- PUSSY and COCK all over the place!
- R502 - dorky but solid is a good description of Brianna. She's been handling The Situation Room this week. I've liked the outfits she worn. They flattering her figure better than some of the other outfits.
- Headline News has turned Robin Meade into PURE FLUFF, and that just depresses the living hell out of me.
I almost can't watch her anymore.
- Robin Meade has always been an infotainment lightweight.
- No, the top half of her 30 minute shows was always important news, then business, then sports, and the last 5 minutes or so was fluff.
NOW it's almost all fluff. It's sickening.
- I don't mean the content of her shows, R507, I mean HER. She's a bland, uncompelling lightweight who'd look much more at home on Access Hollywood..
- Bland, MY ASS. Meade is gorgeous!
- She may be gorgeous but R508 is still right.
- Robin is funny but she can't do serious news.
- Arthur is the new missing plane.
- Panel discussion on the Supreme Court and women.
Like the jacket and dress on Brianna.
- Chris C has been taking some time off. Also, Carol Costello is out for the week, with Brianna Keilar subbing,
- CNN’s first “Politics on Tap” event happens next Thursday at Sixth Engine in Washington. The Lead’s host Jake Tapper and National Journal‘s Ron Fournier (if he can tear himself away from Twitter) will interview Sen. John McCain. CNN’s Peter Hamby and Brianna Keilar, meanwhile, will host a fun rapid-fire panel that includes National Journal‘s Michelle Cottle and other CNNers. What’s an event without alcohol? Of course there will be an open bar.
- Brooke Baldwin on her birthday vacation with Brianna Keilar.
- I'm still recovering from the thoughts of B Keilar and B Baldwin on vacation....with each other.
- Indra was with them as well.
- Jake Tapper interviewing Cheney.
- Is it possible for Carol Costello to crawl any further up Obama's ass?
- Is it possible for Jake Tapper to crawl any further up McCain's and Cheney's asses?
[quote]CNN’s first “Politics on Tap” event happens next Thursday at Sixth Engine in Washington. The Lead’s host Jake Tapper and National Journal‘s Ron Fournier (if he can tear himself away from Twitter) will interview Sen. John McCain.
HORRIBLE. This will only be an Obama bashing session by a bunch of haters. Can't stand those jerks.
- Carol Costello really is a joke.
I know exactly what the bitch will say before she even opens her mouth.
- Let me get this straight. Carol Costello is a mouthpiece for Obama, and Tapper is a mouthpiece for McCain.
- Now there's another plane to talk about.
- No, Tapper's a mouthpiece for McCain AND Cheney. There are NO mouthpieces for Obama on CNN, it's not allowed. He's a Democrat.
The plane made the ratings go up again.
- R522 differs with you R527
- Tapper was reasonably tough on Cheney. Sure he could have probbed further, but that was not a softball interview.
- Lots of media talk about why anyone even bothers to interview Cheney know full well that he is a delusional sociopathic liar who won't accept responsibility for the catastrophic state of Iraq and for killing millions of innocent people over the years. Tough interviews don't matter, Cheney should be only be vilified by the media, not propped up as some kind of legitimate expert/critic on policy.
- So, you are upset that Tapper even had him on? That's really delusional on your part.
First, Tapper may not even get veto power over who to interview. Second, Cheney is the former VP and a major figure. Even though he's evil, a good journalist would still leap at the chance to interview him. A good journalist would leap at the chance to interview any major figure, no matter how notorious.
- If I'm 'delusional', so are a lot of newspaper editorial boards, bloggers and political commentators who have said the same thing. Cheney's role in the clusterfuck that is Iraq is not debatable or defendable and those who are assisting him in his attempt to rewrite history and make us all forget his crimes should be ashamed of themselves.
- I agree with you that Cheney is evil.
That's not your delusion. Your delusion is that by merely interviewing him Tapper is bad. Journalists interview evil people all the time. That is their job.
- I think many people have made an exception when it comes to Cheney R533, if not, why so much discussion about how inappropriate it is for Cheney to be out front talking about Iraq? And it's JOURNALISTS who are saying this.
- It's inappropriate for Cheney to be speaking. That's why you need to have journalists challenge him.
- But the problem is the majority of journalists who speak to Cheney DON'T challenge him in the way he should be - he's usually just given a platform to bash the Obama Administration and prop himself and the Bush Administration up as heroes without any substantial push-back from reporters. If Cheney felt that he was REALLY going to be challenged by a reporter, he'd never agree to the interview - he knows the majority of them are going to go softball on him.
- R538 - Was Tapper's interview softball or not?
- I use to clean Wolf Blitzers office on the weekends. Believe it or not he spends alot of time writing scripts.. I use to think they was for movies intill I seen on air live, him reading one..
The guy is nothing more than a "bad" news actor-ancor..
And he also has large collection of AC 360 combs. I was told wolf does Andersons hair and makes sure he can't change it from ellens look.
Cnn is also conservative behind the scean
- WTF R538??
Chris Cuomo is like a big doofus to me but he was looking pretty hot over there in the Middle East or wherever he's been reporting from.
- "Cnn is also conservative behind the scean"
I hope you did not write for CNN R538
- Why in the name of God did CNN give John Walsh another fugitive show?
- [quote]Cnn is also conservative behind the scean
Not surprised at all.
You can thank or blame Anderson Cooper for bringing John Walsh to CNN, Walsh said it on AC's show a couple of weeks ago. Anderson loves the man and his crime fighting ways. I'm not crazy about Walsh, but he did speak out against the gun madness in this country and the weakness of the politicians who won't stand up to stop it. I'll give him that. I'm guessing he won't be allowed to say that too often while at CNN.
- R538? Are you drunk or high? A HUGE collection of AC360 combs? Wolf styles AC's hair? Deranged.
- Who should take over for Kate when she goes on maternity leave?
- Brianna Keilar is looking more like Diana Dors.
- Any news on ratings?
- [quote]Cnn is also conservative behind the scean
CNN and MSNBC both air anti-Obama ads, but CNN's been broadcasting this happy-joy-joy, all American ad for the truly evil Koch Industries. CNN's attempting to fool the public into think the Koch's are good for this country instead of what they really are, democracy destroyers.
- CNN is corporatist, but it is not nearly as right wing as Fox.
- Brooke Baldwin is moving to NY.
- I want Nick Paton-Walsh inside me quite deeply.
- Where's Ashleigh Banfield? She gets two week vacations?
- Ash could take a 52 week vacation. I see Pam Brown is filling in.
- Erin Burnett news
- Burnett's ratings aren't so high either, but CNN wants to keep her apparently.
- I don't know why they are staking so much on Erin Burnett.
For its first three Sunday 9 pm showings, The Hunt was #1 in its time period in both total viewers and the 25-54 demo.
And it has already racked up its first capture(actually death).... a serial child molester/serial dog fucker.
Made some big news in NYC.
- He was hiding in West Village
- Anderson could've caught that guy when he was on his way to breakfast.
When will Erin Burnett live up to the title of her show? She seems to stay inside more than going out front.
- Want ratings? Give us more Jason!
- Like this So hot!
- The Hunt might just make it.
- CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield has an appeal for today’s pundits — and particularly pundettes: “Ladies, back off!” Leave Monica Lewinsky alone!
In a segment with analyst Mel Robbins, Banfield addressed the critical fallout that greeted Lewinsky’s tell-all account in Vanity Fair, in which the former intern, now 40, discusses the difficulties she faces because of her widely publicized affair with President Bill Clinton. Employers turn her down because of her “history”; she feels “branded” by the episode; she felt “suicidal temptations” amid the trauma of Monicagate.
- Jason Carroll only shows up every now and then on CNN.
- Brooke is now in NY.
- The usually stern, serious and reserved Arwa Damon goes wild:
[italic]On Monday, TMZ reported that CNN was being sued over some bad behavior on the part of its Beirut-based senior international correspondent Arwa Damon. According to papers filed in a Manhattan court, Damon got "seriously intoxicated" during a July visit to the United States Embassy in Baghdad. When Tracy Lamar and Charles Simons, a pair of EMTs stationed at the embassy, arrived and tried to help her, she allegedly became "abusive" and bit both of them on their forearms. Simons also said that his knees and arms were injured, while Lamar suffered some bruising. Now they want Damon and the network to pony up $2 million.
As of late Monday afternoon, a CNN claimed to be "not aware of the alleged lawsuit," though a New York Post source said that the State Department "prepared a report on the incident" after it occurred and forwarded it to the network. Meanwhile, Damon sent the embassy staff an apology letter that might look familiar to anyone who has ever had an especially rough night. From the Post:
“It’s been an extremely stressful time, I was exhausted, I had not had proper food all day and clearly miscalculated how my body would handle the alcohol consumed … Needless to say, I am utterly mortified and take full responsibility for my actions, which are inexcusable.”
She added, “I am being filled in on the details of my behavior. I am beyond embarrassed. My actions and words were entirely out of my character, and I hope that everyone can at some point forgive me.”
“So once again, I am apologizing and extending my thanks to all that were involved in ensuring that I am, thankfully, in the end, taken care of and physically at least OK. Everyone was extremely professional and courteous in the face of my unjustified behavior,” she continued.[/italic]
- Thanks for the dirt R566
- It sounds like she blacked out.
- At least she made no excuses. I give her some credit for that.
- LOL, the paramedics had to call the paramedics after the Arwa attack.
- It just seems really strange.
- Jeffrey Tubin laid a Hot Carl on some friend's daughter.
- WTF R573?
- I remember Jeff Toobin got into trouble with some other media figures wife or daughter. He may have gotten someone pregnant - someone who wasn't his wife. CNN has some behind the scenes freaky stuff going on. Richard Quest may have been the topper though.
- R575 - when?
- R576, here's some info on Toobin's affair on Gawker.
- Thanks R577 - so 4 years old.
- You're welcome R578, yes it happened a while ago and he's moved on - no one talks about it now, but I'll never forget it!
- Yeah, Jeff Greenfield's daughter had to drag the married Toobin into court in order to get the putz to pay child support.
Even then, he had the nerve to sit in court and act all pissed. I remember seeing the smoke coming from his ears and just laughing my ass off.
How DARE that bitch drag ME into court!!
multiple women alleged Toobin was into anal sex and fisting and had a bit of what could be deemed an "anal fixation."
- damn, forgot the link
- Haha! I'd forgotten about the kinky stuff that Toobin was into and the women he tried to go after, that's hysterical. Looking at him on CNN, you'd never think he was such a freak. Richard Quest maybe, but not Toobin. Then again, they're both Geminis and they are freaky/kinky indeed. Anderson Cooper is lucky no one has found out his fetishes...yet. He's another Gemini.
- The Toobin story is very strange.
We're going to need a new thread soon.
- Apparently toad Toobin thinks he's God's gift to women.
- R585 - well look at him!!
- you know you want it
- Any Damon news?
- Celebrity deaths are the new plane crashes.
- So which fetish(es?) is Anderson Cooper into?
- Saw Toobin on CNN today and just cracked up.
- Well R591, when there used to be good gossip here, it was said that he was into the usual stuff, S&M & watersports and one DLer said that AC wanted him to do something that was a total turnoff. I always wanted to know what exactly that was.
- Gloria Borger and Brianna Keilar comment on HRC's comments, calling her rusty.
- All Ferguson All the Time
We need a new thread.
- Carol Costello is getting worse. There's something off about the way she interacts with the reporters.
- I find it funny that Kate Bouldan and Chris Cuomo hate each other. New Day is going to get an overhaul. They are testing Cuomo with other female hosts.
- I think Dana Bash has had some plastic surgery. Maybe cheek implants. It looks pretty good and is a bit of an improvement to her extremely narrow face.