- The original COVER UP opening credits with Jon-Eric Hexum.
- Anthony Hamilton was so hot, he was suppose to be Bond, ''til they found out his homosexuality was an open secret, if that.
- those to were interchangeable.
- Wasn''t his name "Antony" Hamilton? He was quite the hunk.
- He was on the two season run of the 1988 MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and he was Austrailian
- He was also Samson in a cheesy Samson and Delilah TV movie.
- He had it all. Great looks, Hot body, awesome voice. If there was any doubt he was gay, though...\
check out his moves in this awful stinker of a movie featuring Nai Bonet, the dead eye and moneotoned-voice actress who ever stood in front of the camera. Must see to be believed.
- shockingly, not only do I not remember him, he was never on my radar.
- I watched that show, I''m very embarrassed to admit, and found him hunkilicious. when did he die?
- The day he stopped breathing.
- I believe he got his start as a ballet dancer then sequed into modeling and acting.
- as a 7 year old queen, I watched the show with both hunks on it.\
And, let''s face it, Jennifer O''Neill was gorgeous.\
Anyone know what happened to her?\
I preferred JEHexum over Hamilton although they both died way too young and were uber hot.
- Thank you for introducing me to Nocturna, r7. Wow!
- You guys do know that he and Hexum were lovers at one point, right?
- And E.G. Daily was lovers with Hexum. She wrote a song about his death while in the emergency room after he shot himself. It''s called "Just for You" - the first words are "Wake up, I''m missing your secret soul tonight." Not a bad ballad actually, she has some musical talent as well as acting.
- I was just thinking about how hot the guy in an old episode of the (80''s version) of the "Twilight Zone" was, and lo and behold, it turned out to be Mr. Hamilton. He plays the DJ''s long lost boyfriend, although it''s not him singing the song. I thought that guy was sooo damn hot, including a couple of ass shots in jeans. I would never have pegged him as gay though.
- Miss Hamilton was VERY well known in WeHo back in the day - as a major COKE-O, in addition to any other ''cand'' she could ingest!
Mrs Patrick Campbell
- Beautiful semi-nude shots of him in After Dark magazine.
- Any chance of us seeing them, r18?
- I used to jerk off like a mad man after watching Cover Up. Antony Hamilton was (to me) so much sexier than Jon Eric Hexum.
- And, according to veterans of "8709", Mary was said to be horse-hung!
Mrs Patrick Campbell
- I remember Anthony. Gorgeous. He was also good friends with Whoopi Goldberg and use to be her "date" at industry functions. He also had a cameo in JUMPIN'' JACK FLASH.\
It was strange, when he took over for Hexum. They hardly re-shot the opening; just shot Hamilton in Hexum''s scenes and slipped them in.
- MPC, please tell us to whom you refer: Hexum or Hamilton.
- R22, uh, Staples?
- Oops. Sorry. Here you go:
- shit - i forget how gorgeous Hexum was...
- We refer to mary hamilton, miss r23.
Mrs Patrick Campbell
- Does anyone have Nocturna? Someone should upload the whole thing to YouTube. I particularly want to see Yvonne De Carlo''s scenes.
I think I might be gay
- Hamilton was gay; was Hexum?%0D\
Hexum was SO charming; loved him on Voyagers! He was so protective of Jeffrey.%0D
- Which one died from AIDS at 42?
- Hamilton did.%0D\
Hexum died after putting a prop gun to his temple and pulling the trigger. He didn''t realize a fake bullet could kill him.
- It was a bone chip from his skull driven through his brain by the pressure of the blank shot.
- I knew them both, although not well. Hexum was as charming and nice a man as I ever met, and was straight, but very gay-friendly, especially for the late 1970s. Hamilton was as gay as it comes, he used to go to a friend''s house in Fire Island where it was clear that just about anyone could have him. Both of them played Russian Roulette, but a different kind.
- He "dated" Whoopi Goldberg?%0D\
He was hot. RIP.
- Some of you might be interested in reading Andrew Tobias''s second autobiography, "The Best Little Boy in the World Grows Up." In it he recounts a brief summer fling on Fire Island in the early ''80s with an actor whose identity he only thinly veils as a "blind item." (He says the actor recently played Samson; sure enough, Antony Hamilton played Samson in a TV movie a year or two before.) He recounts his surprise that such a hunk would be attracted to an average guy with an average body, but apparently Antony - unlike most modern-age Chelsea queens - appreciated smarts and wit over looks.\
And since I''m sure you are ALL wondering, Andy has a moment of indelicacy in the book and describes Antony as a "voracious bottom."
- ^ Andrew Tobias was actually really cute when he was younger
- THIS is gone, and Andrew Sullivan is still alive. Where''s the justice, people?
- Hamilton was only Australian by adoption. He was British by birth.
- EG Daily was Hexum''s beard.
- He looks like Reichen without the shitty tattoos.
- I worked with Tony in the 70''s Incredibly handsome in person ,very flirty and very nice .He was a BIG bottom
- He drove a convertible Mercedes and used to buy groceries at the West Hollywood Pavilions....and he was very cruisy in the grocery aisles.....and he was stunning. I could have jumped in the car with him a few times but I was too young and nervous....but he was always friendly....
- Anthony does look like Reichen now that someone mentioned it.
- A resemblance, sure, but Reichen hasn''t a fraction of the sex appeal of Antony.
- I had a friend who was a whore who regular tricked with Anthony Hamilton. Said he had a huge cock, but his favorite position was on the bottom. I used to see him (Hamilton) walking down Sweetzer in WeHo, and he always looked spaced out and on the prowl.
- God, after watching him dance in that Nocturna clips, can you him imagine Anthony using that hot ass to milk you for all it''s worth... yum.
- Some Anti-Brit Troll is OFF HER MEDS!
- My God, he''s some pathetic guy who apparently whored out his natural-born good looks with impunity in his attempt to grasp at celebrity, and ended up diseased and stone fucking dead as a result. %0D\
Not exactly someone we should be viewing with reverence - more as a lesson in humility and personal restraint.
- Amen, r48. Amen!
- [quote[who apparently whored out his natural-born good looks with impunity in his attempt to grasp at celebrity, and ended up diseased and stone fucking dead as a resul\
AH! the Memories!
- Or, he was an incredibly beautiful artist who lived a free life and ended up paying a high price for it.
- r35: "...but apparently Antony - unlike most modern-age Chelsea queens - appreciated smarts and wit over looks."\
And of course the fact the Tobias was filthy rich had absolutely nothing to do with it.
- r48, just because someone doesn''t fit your bill on how to act sexually doesn''t make them a bad person, or someone who should get AIDS.\
What happened to him is a tragedy.\
I just remember getting a hard on for him and Hexum when I watched the show (telling peeps it was for Jennifer O''Neill). \
Ahh, to be 10 again.\
WEHT O''Neill? She was stunning.
- What happened to him is a tragedy, but he also may have lived longer if he hadn''t been so reckless and/or in denial.
- That''s Brother Theodore in the begining of the movie clip. He was a frequent, outrageous guest of David Letterman''s in the 80s. %0D\
- That "Nocturna" was painful to watch. Palin''s son could shoot a better video...
- [quote]WEHT O''Neill? She was stunning%0D\
She became a born-again.
- Hamilton liked to have himself tied to a tree in the Meat Rack to be fucked by all and sundry.
- The saddest thing is that he died at 42, yet he still looks better than Steve Antin.
- R48, No was comparing him to Mother Theresa. We are all agreeing he was a hot piece.
- I remember when Hexum died they played a tribute at the end of the show and Richard Anderson spoke about him....then they put up a sign with his dates of birth and death on them...and they spelled his name wrong\
John instead of Jon
- A later photo of Hamilton, ironically posted on the site "Who''s Dated Who"...
- He looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo at r62''s link.
- I got to watch Dack Rambo and Hamilton fuck.
- Please tell ALL, r.64
- Hexum was gorgeous! Does anyome remember, "The Making of a Male Model"?
- THIS thread again?
- bump for R62''s story
- I got to watch R64 make shit up.
- R61, the show mispelling Jon-Erik''s name was awful. %0D\
I believe they fixed it for a rebroadcast.%0D\
Dani was asking when Mac was coming back and Oscar Hamilton (yeah, yeah) kept putting her off.%0D\
You knew that moment was coming at the end of the show where he''d tell her. %0D\
So sad. Such a loss.
- [quote]Dani was asking when Mac was coming back and Oscar Hamilton (yeah, yeah) kept putting her off.\
And in the end, she said, fighting back the tears: "He''s not coming back, is he?"\
- I knew Anthony Hamilton when he was a ballet dancer in the UK, we worked together in the USA when he was modeling in New york, and I was photographign for GQ, he took over from Jon Eric Hexam, who I also photographed in LA shortly before he accidentaly shot himself with a blank gun,so sad they both were gorgeous.
- Hamilton was an utter narcissist who never understood there would be consequences by being a slut like getting AIDS, dying from it and possibly infecting others.
- "she has some musical talent as well as acting"\
Oh yeah--"If you want my love, say it, say it!"
- I''m sure he, like most other early victims, didn''t know about AIDS until it was too late. The really sad thing is that people TODAY still behave that way.
- Very sad that this horrible disease has taken so many as the disease knows no sexual orientation but to take lives as long as one alowes it to by not protecting yourself from it by being careful who you are with sexually with that note I will leave it up to you to decide what you shold do.
- A very gifted actor with a very unique rugged old Hollywood style and a great English-Australian voice. One of my favorite actors growing up. Sad that he died in such a way. He inspired me to take up fitness as a teen to gain a physique like him.
- Anyone know how he dressed in real life off the silver screen? In some of his films he wears Levi's 501 jeans and R.M. Williams Craftsman boots.
- His partner, also a model/actor who was to succumb to AIDS, literally begged me to have sex with him.
- Wow, surprised to hear about this sad news. He kind of looks like Dolph Lundgren.
- In which issue of After Dark Magazine does Antony Hamilton appear in?
- Tony (Antony Hamilton)back in 1973 with the Australian ballet visiting Moscow. See the link...
- In reply to R80. Who was his partner? Nat King Cole's son? Did you know Hamilton personally? I f so, can you tell me how he dressed. On Mission:Impossible and Fatal Instinct he had a very rugged look.
- One has to wonder the motivation of r48 visiting such a site as Datalounge ...
- JW MUST be full of shit. there's no way Hexum was straight. not out, perhaps, but he was definitely gay.
- Any pics of his feet?
You Friendly Neighborhood Foot Freak
- He looks like a handsomer version of Andrew Stevens. BTW, is Andrew Stevens gay?
- R88 He's certainly a golddigger.
- I'm considering writing a biography on Hamilton. I've read that two of his biggest fears in life were the disease that killed him and being forgotten. So far most Hollywood types who knew him or worked with him, sadly have very little to say about him. The ones who do respond just say he was a good guy. Any truthful information would be appreciated.
- Tony on Cover Up 1984-85
- He was a notorious bottom. i worked in hwood in the mid 90's and knew of him. He had a birthday party that consisted of him getting gang banged while he was wearing nothing but cowboy boots.
- I remember him well.
In 1977 or so GQ had a promotional full-color, multi-page insert for a new designer and AH was one of the two models featured (uncredited). Even within the context of extremely handsome models, he was extraordinary.
I later recognized him in some TV ad where he tap danced in a dream sequence before later seeing him as an actor in TV shows. In addition to "Cover Up" there was a memorable episode of "L.A. Law" where someone walks in on Corbin Bernsen -- shirtless -- while AH, playing a client who is a trainer, is touching his muscles while giving him some tips of getting in shape.
I feel about his beauty the way I feel about Grace Kelly's: the supreme example of an archetype.
May he RIP. He is not forgotten.
- Antony Hamilton in Fatal Instinct aka To Kill For
- Antony(Tony) in a 1983 Hanes TV commercial tap dancing.
- With Whoopi:
- Antony on L.A. Law
- r88, what I always found weird about Andrew Stevens is that he has been in those lowbudget soft porn movies in which he does all those nude sex scenes - and they were produced by his mother Stella Stevens.
- Speaking of Jon Erik, check out this video where he's wearing short shorts on the beach and his package makes an appearance. Alas, covered by underwear, but still nice to see.
- Re: R99 @ 2:25...
- R84, this was Antony Hamilton's actor/model boyfriend.
- Wow, R48 were you the fly on his walls. You don't know how he contracted AIDS. Unless he confess to you. A co-worker husband passed away from AIDS due to surgery. Not until later on did they find out AIDs virus is spread through blood and other body fluids.
- I want to hear about Dack Rambo banging Antony. pleasssse
- R102= dim-witted frau.
- I know that this is a little late to the party, but where the hell does R54 get that he was in denial when every story out there was that he was as open as can be? Honestly.
- [quote]He drove a convertible Mercedes and used to buy groceries at the West Hollywood Pavilions....and he was very cruisy in the grocery aisles
I saw him there all the time. He was very hot in person, and yes, was always on the prowl for sex. Tried to pick me up, and I'm not that hot. He looked like a total top, but was in fact a bottom. The National Enquirer outed him and the fact that he had AIDS (the reason I declined him).
- I wonder if JEH really were gay.
At 26, he was too young to have settled down.
He seemed exceedingly friendly in his roles...
He had this joy and charm to him.
Who knows how his life would have played out if he'd lived.
- Would be interesting to see the National Enquirer article. Who was Tony's boyfriend (R101?
- The world lost a very gifted and charming actor. R.I.P. Tony
- R108, the guy in R101 was Roland Wybenga.
- Sadly, I was around at that time, in WeHo, and had a friend who told me he had been at a wild party , when someone told him to go open the kitchen door - he wouldn't believe it. So he did, and said Anthony was f' d up, in the middle of the kitchen, on all fours, begging someone to ' fuck me , fuck me'. I had a had time believing it, till I began hearing it from other people, who were there too, and saw it. Poor guy, who seemed to have everything, but was obviously very messed up, in the head. I hope he's found peace wherever he is now.
- (R111)Interesting story. Wonder how he got messed up in the head? Kinda sad for a guy whose star was on the rise.
- Just he he loved to bottom doesnt mean he's messed up in the head.
- He looks a bit like Jm J. Bullock in his close-ups in the video at R7.
- There is "loving to bottom", R113, then there is planting yourself in the midst of a party, hole winking toward the ceiling, begging to be entered by anyone who passes by.
- Yeah r115 that is called a "Robert Downey Junior"
- Was a very gifted actor, and read that he had a wonderful heart. Best known for his role on Cover Up and the remake of the Mission:Impossible TV series back in 1988-90. Thought he would become a star.
- [quote]Sadly, I was around at that time, in WeHo, and had a friend who told me he had been at a wild party , when someone told him to go open the kitchen door - he wouldn't believe it. So he did, and said Anthony was f' d up, in the middle of the kitchen, on all fours, begging someone to ' fuck me , fuck me'.
That's both sad and unsanitary.
- Is the author of post 111 "the" Dick Chamberlain, aka Dr. Kildare?
- Is his Cover UP co-star Jennifer Jones still alive?
- R120, his co-star Jennifer O'Neill is alive. Jennifer Jones is not.
- R 121 You mean Jennifer O'Neill. Jennifer Jones was an Oscar winning actress in the 40's & 50's ( "The Song Of Bernadette"). She would have been an elderly partner for Tony - in her late 60's , when that show was on.
- Re 119 - Yes it is. I have been out of the closet for several years now, and free to come on sites like this, using my real name. Dr. Kildare was a long time ago, but thank you for remembering !
- The Jennifer Jones scene in Towering Inferno plays as pure comedy now. Bernadette is one high on my list.
- I was a young boy in Michigan when I watched you on Dr. Kildare, Mr. Chamberlain, and have followed your career in the years since. Hope you're doing well.
- R 119 - I am 79 now, and moved back to LA, from Maui, in 2010, where I had lived for many years. My partner , Martin , still lives there. We are seperated, both literally, and physically, as live goes on. We will see what the future brings us.
- In addition to the BI in Tobias's book, which was mentioned above, there was some late 1980s gay novel (based on real people with the names changed) that also had a reference to a ballet dancer who became a TV actor and had sex with a lot of men on Fire Island; it was obviously Antony.
- Dick, if I may be so bold to call you that, I was just ga-ga over you in The Thorn Birds. Was Miss Stanwick really watching you take a shower on the front porch in the nude in my favorite scene?
- Pipsy, No, Miss Stanwyck was in her dressing room when I was showering in the nude. I was also wearing a sock-piece, over my privates,as we do when nudity is required. She did get a quick glance, when we did a reaction shot on her, and of course , standing there for our 2 shot, with a towel on. She was a total professional, and I was so glad when she won the Emmy, for her last real performance. She told me she didn't count " The Colbys" as real acting - just a bit of fun, and to earn a big paycheck.
- To whomever asked the question: Hexum was straight. I met an old Grip who worked on Hexum's time travel show (he was a young Grip at the time) and he said hexum was super cool and they used to party together and pick up women. They spent a lot of time together, and As nice as was, he didn't have a lot of friends. And no gay friends, as far he knew.
- This thread is a nice memorial to Antony.
Like many of you, Antony was one of my first crushes. At 15, I didn't have a strong understanding of my attraction to men. But you can bet your bottom dollar that I never missed an episode of Cover-Up!
Eight years later in December, 1993, I was thrilled when I got to meet him at a fancy LA spa. He was as beautiful in '93 as he was in '85. Body was amazing. And, yes, he was hung with one of the most beautiful cocks I have seen to date. Long...thick...stunning.
He was very nice -- warm...friendly.
Fourteen months later (Feb '95), I was shocked to read in People that he had died of 'pneumonia.' I knew that meant AIDS, and I was very sad.
- Hello (R131), I was sad as well when I read of Antony's passing. One of my favorite actors of all time. He had a very unique old Hollywood rugged acting style to him. I'm curious, what was the name of the spa? How did Antony dress. His wardrobe really seemed to fit him on Mission:Impossible. Did you know there is a fan page for him on Facebook? titled, 'Antony Hamilton (Tony Hamilton) Fan Page'.
- Retrospective montage of Antony Hamilton
- Hamilton as Samson (1984)
- I dont know if its been mentioned but in Howling IV, you get the incredible pairing of Tony Hamilton and Michale T. Weiss (in his prime).
- Hamilton at the 1:20 minute mark...
- Hamilton presented his hole to me in the steam room at the Athletic Club.
- I wonder why he was so fucked up. He could not have had more going for him.
He was incredibly handsome, beautiful body and had talent as a dancer and an actor. Oh! And he had a big dick.
Yet he was self destructive to the extreme. Was it all because of being conflicted about being gay? There has to be more to it. What was his childhood like?
- Hey Dick, since you would have lots of inside info would you comment on our who's gay in Hollywood thread? TIA
- In reply to (R138). Hamilton was born in Liverpool England and adopted at a young age by an RAF Wing Commander and his nurse wife. They moved to a south Australia sheep farm. Later they moved to Adelaide and tony developed asthma. His adoptive father encouraged him to take up sports to cure him. running, weightlifting, cycling, rugby, etc. He may have had issues due to being adopted. An actor who he once worked with said there was a type of sadness about him of not being loved, which he felt was due to his adoption. He was a very hard working, creative actor, however he lost many possible film roles due the rumor of being Gay. Heard he was truly a very good person. Unfortunately he was said to be very promiscuous. In 1985 his star was on the rise and tragically by 1995 he died.
- R120 .... really, there is NO WAY Jennifer O'Neill survived this ..... after this, her modeling days were OVAH !!!
- (R141) that is not Jennifer O'Neil, but Jennifer Jones.
- [quoite]He was a very hard working, creative actor, however he lost many possible film roles due the rumor of being Gay.
Very true, the most significant being James Bond, which he was seriously considered for.
- Antony wore these boots in a lot of his film work like Mission:Impossible and Fatal Instinct (aka To kill for). Makes sense since he was an Aussie.
- Article blog about Tony.
- This man should have gotten the role of Bond.
- Tony in Mission:Impossible 1988
- Antony Hamilton on L.A. Law.
- Translated bio
- One of my favorite actors from the 80s and early 90s. Epitome of a rugged man with class.
- The man looks like Stewart Copeland, drummer of the band, The Police.
- Great thread!
- Anyone on here personally know Antony? If so what was he like off camera?
- Tony in the movie, Fatal Instinct
- Antony in a Hanes TV ad tap dancing.
- r41, that is why he is dead
- [quote] One of my favorite actors from the 80s and early 90s. Epitome of a rugged man with class.
I take it you never saw the dancing scene in Nocturna...
- Ha, I have seen the Nocturna dancing scene. Cheesy and funny. Much different from his later roles.
- That story at r111 is one of the most vivid and haunting things I've read.
I very vaguely remember this show (only cause of the camp classic Bonnie Tyler theme which was a big hit in the UK) which I confused with The Scarecrow and Mrs King.
Everything about this show gives me the creeps after hearing that story and knowing the fate of the 2 stars. The ultimate in 80s hedonism excess, the underbelly of the less glamorous side you saw presented then.
- It kind of shakes your faith that the good looking people have it the easiest in this world.
I mean, if a guy who looked like Hamilton had to beg people to fuck him, what chance do us more average looking people have at getting it done.
BTW, look at the pics in the link from below. Dick Van Dyke's son, Barry, looks so much like Anthony, don't you think?
- Hamilton and Barry Van Dyke do look very similar.
- Tony in the Twilight Zone episode.
- Anyone out there who had known Tony personally? Seems like so little information out there on this rugged actor.
- Some people like to beg. It's roleplay
- Tony was "discovered" in Australia by Rudolf Nuryev. (did I spell that right?) He was as nice as can be and one of the hottest men I ever met. He chased me around one night at Studio One in LA- I was very partnered at the time and unavailable. I don't know for sure, but I was told he was quite a slut- not a bad thing in my mind in those days- but he was among the many who died of HIV. All I remember was that he was nice as can be and so hot that it kind of took your breath away- the way he spoke the way he moved, everything. He had that Australian absence of attitude. Just a mate as they say down there. Didn't Gregory Harrison produce some TV movie about Samson and star Tony?
- To those on this thread who imply that because he was gorgeous and took advantage of it in terms of being able to have sex a lot- no one knew. Do you get it? No one knew. And when we did it was too late. His death was a tragedy. He was a nice as can be.
Now those who "bareback" now- are nuts.
- Tony in Fatal Instinct
- Tony was in a movie titled Samson and Delilah produced by Gregory Harrison. Tony's starring role. Such a unique rugged old Hollywood acting style. He did first appear on film in Nocturna back in 78 0r 79. He also did a Hanes pantyhose commercial in which he dances to attract a classy (leggy)lady.
- Better quality of the video @ R170
- I like his line in R172 better than I like him: "If you find some guy who’s got more to offer than I have, then I’ll fuck him."
- I met Anthony in the early 90's at the bathhouse. Whenever I would go there I would see him in his room. He never prowled the halls. He was always there with his door wide open for anyone who wished to walk in. I knew of him from his early days in Mission Impossible. I also knew that he was a notorious bottom. At the time, I was a very well built bodybuilder training at Gold's Gym. Out of curiosity more than sexuality, I went into his room. He was sitting up totally naked and smoking a cigarette. He offered me one as I sat down on the edge of the bed in my towel. I declined. We only spoke briefly. He seemed totally out of it and lacked any interest as if his life had no more meaning. I felt sorry for him. We didn't do anything sexually although we could have but I was well aware of his reputation by that time. I think he just gave up by then and didn't care anymore. He was still stunningly beautiful. Pity.
- If he died in '95, is there a ballpark figure of when he likely caught it?
The deaths of all those young men is sad, but there's something particularly sad about dying just before ARVs turned things around for many.
- [quote] I mean, if a guy who looked like Hamilton had to beg people to fuck him, what chance do us more average looking people have at getting it done.
How is it surprising? That was during an epidemic. People didn't have the "one pill a day and you're fine" attitude that some have now. Add on the reports that he was often clearly out of it, it's not surprising that people who appreciated his looks would still have declined.