- he is perfect.
- THREAD CLOSED.
- Who is this?
- [quote]Who is this?\
It''s Richard Armitage
- Never heard of him, but not bad for a white boy.
- Isn''t R1 and R2''s pictures of the woman''s ass?
- Who the fuck is Richard Armitage? Why am I supposed to have heard of him?
- Yeah R12, I noticed that too.
- That ass is too bony to belong to his hips. That''s a butt double.\
Oh, and who is he?
- Never heard of Richard Armitage. Must be a UK actor.
- That many posts about a moderately attractive man in a moderate swim suit covered up by a zipped sweatshirt? OMG!!!!
- New spy on the Brit programme, Spooks (MI5 in the USA)
- He has been cast in the Hobbit as a dwarf.
- For the uninformed....
And fucking lazy, too
- Is RIchard Armitage playing with Matt Damon''s butt in those pictures?
- We''re lazy because the OP trolled out about some nobody actor? Go fuck yourself.
- Why would you think he''s playing with Matt Damon''s butt, R21?
- Well, you have to give it to Spooks (MI-5 for us Americans) for their casting...\
- Matthew Macfadyen\
- Rupert Penry-Jones\
- Richard Armitage
- Why are they casting so many hot guys as dwarfs? Are they going to give them all incredibly ugly makeup like they did to Gimli, which would be rather a waste? Or will they have 12 tiny hot guys in huge beards faring across the mountains?
- Again, why would R21 or anyone think he''s playing with Matt Damon''s butt in some of those photos?
- How did you do that graphic, r20?
- Frankly, I''m underwhelmed.%0D\
He''s the guy that Dawn French married in the Vicar of Dibley finale. Y-A-W-N.
- Does anyone else think that Richard Armitage is the OP?
- I hate R20. It took as much time to link that and be hateful and dismissive as it would have to just answer the question. Who are you, anyway? Patti Lupone? Why so gashy?
- @ R20\
fucking hell, that''s scary
- [quote]Again, why would [R21] or anyone think he''s playing with Matt Damon''s butt in some of those photos?%0D\
Some people in DL frequently make reference to Matt Damon''s "womanly" butt.%0D\
I beg to differ.%0D\
Now Leo Di Caprio...there''s a girly body
- and gay! \
My mate had him a few years ago.
- More likely bi, R34. I''ve met his current and previous girlfriends.
- Remember some guy posting on DL 2+ YEARS ago that he''d had Richard Armitage. %0D\
R35 you sound a bit fangirlish.
As in a LOT
- DOUBLE TIME!
- Not sure he is gay.Friend of mine worked on a series of dramas for the BBC set in Liverpool a couple of years back,Armitage was in one of them.Said he was known at the time to be spending time in his hotel room with a very pretty female production assistant whilst also having a girlfriend back in London.
- Looks familiar - wasn''t he in North & South? Thought he was quite good in that.
- [quote]you sound a bit fangirlish\
Hardly. I think he''s a miserable twat. But he is one of my neighbours oldest friends so I''ve seen quite a lot of him over the past fifteen years. He''s brought at least three different girlfriends to meet the family.
- His father wrote For Me And My Girl. He was also Stephen Fry''s agent.
- That''s a woman''s ass in the first two pics.
- he is gay\
check out the number of times he''s brought a ''friend'' to awards\
- He was absolutely DREAMY in North and South. That''s a Netflix "must watch" if ever.
- r27, go to lmgtfy.com \
The url is easy to remember because it stands for ''Let Me Google That For You''\
Enter a search like you would if you were actually at Google.\
A link will be given to you that you can post at DL or include in an email to someone.\
If you use it here, you have to be snarky so that you can get a response like the one that R22 gave me.\
I *always* appreciate it when someone recommends that I learn to love myself.
- [quote]check out the number of times he''s brought a ''friend'' to awards\
Actually, he hardly ever goes to awards ceremonies unless he''s presenting (so getting paid) or receiving. You''d actually be hard pressed to find pics or most spouses/partners at these events, they simply don''t go in the UK. The exception is Andy Serkis who seems joined at the hip with his wife.\
Saying that Armitage took his current girlfriend to the BAFTAs
- the ass in r2 is much sexier than the ass in r3. Unfortunately, the ass in r2 is a woman''s (one can tell by the male hands caressing it in this scene of a man and a woman having sex) and the ass in r3 is Mr. Armitage''s.\
having said that, he''s a nice looking guy. Not sure if "holy shit" is appropriate, but he''s cute.
- r20, that was cool as hell!! it makes you momentarily think that some Indian has control of your computer and your Dell will never be the same! LOL!
- Happy 40th birthday, Richard Armitage!%0D\
I think so. %0D\
On the Hobbit set, which would he do? Luke Evans or Lee Pace? Both?%0D\
- Account has been suspended, what did you do OP?
- Updated pic. Not impressed.
- ALL the links give me Error 416 so I can''t see any of them. What gives?%0D
- [quote] ALL the links give me Error 416 so I can''t see any of them. What gives?\
Check the date of the first posts to this thread and that should explain it.
- The account has been suspended?%0D
- I googled him.%0D\
Hot (page 61)
- Linkees no worky no moar.
Dedicated to R11
- The thread about Richard Armitage has been cancelled. Probably the deranged, obsessed frau who spends her entire life monitoring all blogs and forums to censor any news about Armitage being gay is behind all this.
So I'm bumping the threads concerning armitage.
It's unacceptable that one deranged frau imposes her rules on our gay site.
If someone can open a new thread about Richard Armitage gay, I'll be grateful otherwise I'll just bump the old ones.
- the original links are froggypic links. Froggypic went bankrupt and is no more, so linky stinky.
- It's another thread called "actor Richard armitage" that has been cancelled.
Armitage is gay and has an affair with Lee Pace who he met on the set of The hobbit. The problem is that this obsessed frau has decided that no one has to speak about armitage being in the closet. It seems that she monitors "everything" on the Internet in order to prevent any discussion on the subject. I found inacceptable that a deranged frau can dictate her personal rules on our gay site. That's why I'll rebump the threads concerning this actor, ENDLESSLY. and if someone starts new threads about Armitage is even better.
- For the fraus/spinsters:
Lee and Armitage (and PJ) spotted at a concert in Wellington:
- [quote]It's another thread called "actor Richard armitage" that has been cancelled. The problem is that this obsessed frau has decided that...
So you're saying that "this obsessed frau" deleted a thread?
- For R278 of the Lee Pace gossip thread.
"Anyway the last topic of note was people discussing whether Charlie Condou could have been referring to Richard in his Guardian Article about closeted actors. Condou has been in a LTR since 2005 - but this is also the year he made the Impressionists with Richard. So he could have."
I totally agree with you, I also think it could have been Armitage since in 2005 they went to France for "The Impressionists".
Since the other thread has been cancelled, I want to add that Charlie Condou is one of the most amiable, honest and committed man in the showbiz. Please, Google the articles he wrote for the Gardian. A wonderful person, so different from certain closeted liars.
- This was the article in which Charlie spoke of the "brief relationship" he had with this fellow actor.
- Richard Armitage was brilliant in North and South; this may be one of the great TV drama roles ever. He also was in the first season of Strike Back, which hasn't been released in the USA (what passes for first season is actually the second season).
He has the most entrancing eyes. I could go swimming in them.
- He's stunningly sexy & has a masculine baritone voice that gives me shivers, whereever his sexual proclivities lie.
- There's another point that makes me think it was Armitage the gay fellow actor of the brief relationship. The Armitage's change of attitude in his bearding.
Armitage went to France with Condou in 2005, but the interview where armitage discussed the fictitional girlfriend and that he wanted to have children with her dates back to 2010. That's where armitage got mortified and changed his attitude towards bearding (no more staged photos with his beard Annabelle Capper and no more interviews about his private life).
Another interesting aspect is that, after the hobbit, he moved to NYC but he hasn't been working for 6/8 months. The reason of his moving is probably his relationship with Lee Pace, hence all the sightings/pics with Pace...
- I'm trying to put together some of the info of the cancelled thread:
"Sooo, Richard Armitage and Lee Pace went to see Prometheus together in Welly last night."
by: Anonymous reply 27 06/12/2012 @ 02:26AM
Do he and Carter Smith have an open relationship?
by: Anonymous reply 29 06/19/2012 @ 01:46PM
Where is Carter Smith? Dumped?
by: Anonymous reply 42 10/01/2012 @ 12:45PM
flag: [ww] [ff] [troll-dar]
So.. is he still with Carter Smith? or is he now together with Armitage? I'm so confused! If he's with Armitage I'm doubt they're coming out anytime soon. Armitage is blowing up right now and is very popular among the fangirls. I just don't see him coming out right now.
by: Anonymous reply 77 01/08/2013 @ 09:54AM
There are several posts of this kind but to cut it short let's say that Lee Pace and Carter Smith split (now Carter is dating Helio Campos) and that the period of their splitting coincides with the first sightings of the couple Armitage/Pace. A coincidence? I don't think so.
- I loved him in the role of Deputy Secretary of State.
- And Carter seems to be happy with a boyfriend who's not in the closet.
- This, instead was the last "internet" appearance of Carter Smith and Lee Pace at the twilight after party in November 2011.
At the beginning of 2012 Pace went to NZ, met Richard Armitage on the hobbit set and ...
you know the rest.
- I'm sorry for the repeated posts but I'm trying to put together and repost some of the infos contained in the deleted armitage thread.
- I've met him. Very nice guy and gracious to the fanfraus swarming him.
- Pictures are not loading, OP.
- Pictures are no longer loading because they were originally linked in 2010. They're long gone...
- Just google Richard Armitage speedo and the pics come up. They are from an episode of Spooks.
- That's so racist, R77.
You should have just left well alone at 'google'.
- Didn't he "out" Valerie Plame?
- Armitage's bare ass gets massaged
Armitage is very, very sly, a sly old fox. He knows he's an average actor and that his career depends on fraus. That's why he's "gracious" to the fanfraus and panders to them with these self-consciously sexy photoshoots. I think he wants to be seen as a reluctant sex symbol but there is no way he's letting go of that fan attention.
Remember, he's an actor.It's not a huge deal for him to come across as likeable. What he really thinks of the fraus who buy him as straight, that's quite a different matter.
- Sadly, Armitage is very straight.
- Don't be sad, he's very gay.
- About the Condou thing. A poster in the old thread suggested that COndou outted RA in the article linked above. He said that he briefly dated an actor. he went on to say that actor gave a radio interview about having kids with a fictional girlfriend. Condou said it "was painful" and that the actor in question was "devastated". Condou also said this actor is now working in Hollywood.
OK, so here is what we know. Condou says he has been with Cameron Laux since about 2005. Based on the age of his daughter, she would have been conceived and born, I believe in late '09 early 2010. This leaves the Condou theory with a dilemma--(1) Condou was cheating on Cameron Laux in and around 2010 or (2) RA is not the person Condou is referring to. Everyone insists that Condou is a stand up guy and wouldn't cheat so I suspect that RA i not the person Condou was referring to.
Wait, you might say, their relationship could have been earlier, like around the time they were filming "The Impressionists". My reply to this would be, why would Condou find what RA said in the 2010 interview "painful" if he was not in a relationship with him at the time?
Don't get me wrong, it is possible that RA is in fact closeted, but imo he never had a relationship with Charlie Condou. FWIW, I think Condou could very well be referring to Henry Cavill
- It's not consistent with Henry Cavill's behaviour who's dating a new beard: Gina Carano.
- [quote]So you're saying that "this obsessed frau" deleted a thread?
R60 is a mad woman / Orlando Bloom's Legolas diehard fangirl.
- None of the photos on page 1 are active links. Boo.
- Sorry R87 but this thread was bumped because another Armitage thread had been cancelled as explained in post 58.
Anyway, you should find something interesting at this link:
- Oooh, thank you R88. Those are lovely.
- i agree with r84.
If Condou was having an affair with Armitage, he was cheating on his long-time lover Cameron, no matter when it happened. That relationship with Laux started circa 2004, according to most accounts.
A quick look at the some interviews shows Armitage repeatedly mentioned different girlfriends until around 2010, at which point the relationship with Condou was probably at least 5 years in the past. Why would Condou care about what Armitage said after the relationship was long over? Especially if he himself was cheating on life partner when he was Armitage's lover. Hypocrisy, much?
And why would Armitage give a rat's ass what Condou thought years after they broke up? Or even if they were together in 2010, if Condou was cheating on his life partner?
I note that the troll dar shows the Condou post was brought up again by the same person that single-handedly filled half of page 4 of this thread. Good on ya mate. Too bad you're outed by IP.
since when does 3 "sigthings" = "hence all the sightings/pics with Pace..."
There's only ever been one photo with Pace: this one.
There's only ever been two sightings where they were in the same place at the same time:
once Armitage was at a play in which Pace was the star;
nce in NZ at the movie (where practically the entire Hobbit cast went with them)
The entire Hobbit cast was also at this concert, with Peter Jackson and his daughter. Not much of a "date".
- You said it yourself, PR.
Nice try, anyway.
- To whom are you replying r92?
- To you, PR.
- r94/94 on crack! You actually think "PR" posts here? Step away from the pipe.
- Haha, very nice try alleged PR (I know one can change IP - like you do - but I'm too lazy to do that).
Charming Charlie wasn't cheating on his partner for the simple reason that they were not together. They become a couple around 2005/2006 so, as R278 (LP th) said, it's possible Charlie had a brief relationship with armitage while shooting "The Impressionists". We can say that NOW, in 2013, Charlie and his gorgeous partner Cameroon are a long-time couple but in 2005/6 they probably had just met.
Don't try to fling dirt at them, they're wonderful and don't deserve it.
As for the different Armitage's girlfriends, never seen one. Wait, there's was one at the beginning of 2010, Annabelle Capper, his "usual" beard.
Isn't it strange that an attractive 40 something has never "acknowledged" a girlfriend: one, at least one? Maybe it's because there are no girlfriends only boyfriends, as simple as that.
Why would Armitage be ashamed of his lies when, on some casual occasion, he met Charlie and probably Charlie after reading/hearing the interview - teased him about having a girlfriend and wanting to have children with her?
Probably, it's because Armitage realized what a liar and a hypocrite he appears in the eyes of people who know he's gay.And so he changed his "strategy": he passed from "bearding" to "I don't speak of my private life", the typical excuse of the closeted cases.
I've already apologized for the repeated posts but I had to, to reorganize the gossip lost in the cancelled thread.
As for the Lee/Armitage sightings/pics we'll have lots of opportunities in the future to discuss them, this is just the beginning and after all this is a gay GOSSIP site.
Have a nice week-end.
- Thank you R96, this makes sense.
- so you really think anyone that disagrees with you is a PR agent with nothing better to do that post on some anon gossip board changing ips just to confuse you?
- You have to remember that there really is a Richard Armitage who is, or prehaps was, a Deputy Secretary of State and then there is the actor.
- well, if the richard armitage who is not an actor complained about the thread, the moderators might have removed it. actually, that would be a good reason to remove it.
- [quote]so you really think anyone that disagrees with you is a PR agent with nothing better to do that post on some anon gossip board changing ips just to confuse you?
Indeed paranoid. This one crazy DLer been changing ips to reply to herself, to open and post flowers & rainbows in her favorite actor's threads, and to trash other actors using different ips. The act of a coward.
- Manifestation of fangurl insanity at this link:
- Are you sure that this guy is gay, anyone who had him? There is not much here....
- R103 the ones who keep insisting that he's gay is just a bunch of fanatics who scared that RA would outshine their personal favorite actors. I don't mind if he's gay, I'm not homophobic but this is nothing but some jealous freaks thinking gay rumors could keep RA from rising.
- No comment to the post before mine!
- So is this the main thread for him?
- I was thinking, if RA is so fearful of being outted, why doesn't he have a beard? I think we are ignoring the possibility that he might just be downright odd and not have anyone right now
- R107 Im thinkin the same, although hes not really hit big yet so not a whole lot of people are asking I think as far as media goes.
- No, R106.
- I've actually waited on Richard Armitage at a store where I work in NYC twice in the past few weeks. Didn't know who he was -- just thought he was a fucking HUNK. Like a better-looking Bradley Cooper. There was something actorly about him. He's handed me his credit card twice; this time I made a note to Google him. Wow.
He is extremely sexy in person. Black t shirt, hairy chest, jeans, boots, beard. Wavy hair tousled back away from his forehead. Sex on two legs.
Wasn't sure if I was picking up a gay vibe from him, just knew he was someone that I would kneel down in front of in a heartbeat. I told a gay coworker about him, even mentioned the name, neither of us knew who he was. I just described as "a total fucking STUD!"
I'll try to flirt with him some next time I see him.
- I read a least in the Lee Pace thread, whatever this is true or not with Lee, I'm wondering why this guy left after over 40 years his homeland, his family and friends to live in New York!
He left everything behind him, I mean this is not just leaving London and living now in Manchaster or maybe Paris, this is a completely new live on another continent, no family there, no old friends and another culture!
This is a huge step and that just for the career where many other successful British actors are still living in GB and maybe have a second home or a flat in the States???
- R111 Really? I mean you, really? This is fucking NEW YORK you're talking about. You're clearly not a New Yorker and never been to.
- I think  is right. He seems to be a reclusive, oddish kind of guy. My sister is obsessed with him; gathers every scrap of information she can find, and nothing to indicate he is gay. His female fans are nuts; he's smart to hide from them in New York.
- Why do these nutjob women fans flock to these cryptogay intelligent actors like Armitage, kevin Spacey, etc.?
- I respect him for being reclusive. Honestly, who would really recognize him on the street other than people obsessed with him, especially in the States? Its not like he looks like himself in The Hobbit, which is really all anyone in the US would recognize him from. That being said, if he ended up doing Batman hes screwed lol.
- In a recent interview he indicated that he had moved to upstate New York, after being in New York for the hurricane. But he also said that he almost moved to New Zealand, but that his agent had stopped him, more or less. Pace had also moved to upstate New York at the same time. Whether he is just an odd loner type, or gay is a good question.
- So how often do you think Lee Pace fucks that?
- [R112] You are right, I was never in NY, that's pitty, I really would love it! It's one of the most interesting towns in the world but I'm also not wrong if I said if somebody from Europe left his Homeland to live in the States than this is a huge step and I'm still wondering why RA did that! Maybe you can explain me that!
- I read online that Lee Pace's brother worked for Weta and still lives in Wellington, he posted a pic and noticed "New Zeland off my brother porch...!" So Lee Pace lived during the work on the Hobbit in a house or has bought there one! But in the latest interviews LP said he lives upstate New York.
It's strange that you waited on Armitage in "the past few weeks" in New York since he was in New Zealand for The Hobbit.
- R118 There are many British (and others) living in NY, but never called it "a huge step", because, WE HAVE AIRPLANES!
[quote] I said if somebody from Europe left his Homeland to live in the States than this is a huge step
If somebody from Asia left his homeland to live and working in the states, you can call it a life sentence.
- R119 Since you're daily checking Pace's brother on FB, why don't you add him and ask him if his bro is gay or not?
- So, has it been established if Mr Armitage is into the dudes or the ladies? I've been wondering about this for almost 10 years now. Holy shit.
- [R121] Sorry, that's ignorant! Leaving a whole continent is not just a stone's throw and everyone who has ever moved in his life knows what it means and to leave your own country to live in another is a big step. It's not a big step if you move from one street to another in the same town. If you are British it means also a difference for you to live in the States, it's not the same!
- [R122] Of course .... maybe you want to do the first step? Let me know the answer!
- The LP/RA rumors started here and continue after a year because of, possibly, one troll that can move on. LP may be gay, but there's 0 evidence he is or was with RA. Also, to understand why an actor would move to NYC isn't rocket science.
- Oh, I forgot that I'm here in the RA Forum with a lot of girls ....
- Agreed that it's no big deal for an actor to move from London to NYC. At all. He's got Hobbit money now so he can fly back and forth as often as he wants, and probably still maintains a London flat.
There does seem to be evidence that "Armipace" is a real couple (though I personally believe Armitage is bi, not gay). All the rabid slasher fangurls on tumblr track and post photos that indicate Pace and Armitage are fond of sharing a wardrobe. I can't think of any reason they'd share the same pea coat, denim shirt, knit sweater etc if they weren't an item.
- Well, they clearly have the same taste in clothes, or their stylists do, at least, but I can't be the only one to notice they are not the same body type. LP is almost two inches taller than RA and is a rail. I just can't make the connection, I'm sorry. Not to mention the dates some of these photos were taken don't even correspond with their timeline. Funny to consider though.
I agree with you, too many coincidence.
- [R130] That make no sense. The timeline is not the problem, most people have their clothes over years. And who owns the clothes is also not easy to say, LP or RA? To say maybe the stylists have the same taste is much more unrealistic as to say that Richard and Lee share the same clothes. Of course LP is taller but at some of the photos you can see that the don't fit perfectly. So, there is still room for speculations!
- another of RA and LP in the same shirt
- ummmmm...actually, that is a picture of Richard Armitage and Tom Hiddleston wearing the same shirt...which I think shows how completely ridiculous this whole "sharing clothing" conspiracy theory is!
- [quote]actually, that is a picture of Richard Armitage and Tom Hiddleston wearing the same shirt
Oh, woops - sorry. Guess I didn't check too closely before posting.
There's still at least three pics out there of RA/LP in the same clothing item(s), however.
Which actually makes me wonder: is it at all common for gay or lesbian couples to share a wardrobe? I've never done it with guys I've dated (though tbh it's rare that they have similar enough measurements for that to be an option) and I can't think off the top of my head of any same sex couples I've known who've shared each others' clothes, though I haven't ever thought to ask and probably wouldn't see them often enough to notice if they were. It seems like something you'd see young people do in the very early, giddy stages of a relationship.
- It could be that LP was helping RA with his Oklahoma accent for the film, Black Sky, a tornado movie set in Oklahoma that was filmed in Detroit last year and they are friends. It just seems weird with the clothes, whatever the reason they are sharing. If they are a couple I can see that it won't end well for one of them. Warner Brothers knows the truth. We have to wait and see. IMHO RA would be a great Batman.
If the pea coat fits....
Again, too many coincidences. The share of clothing, the move to New York without working, the sightings of them together, the total lack of relationships, the split up between Lee and Carter Smith while Lee was in NZ, the new interests that coincides with Lee's ones, the early flights to NYC while in Detroit, the private life excuse and so on.
- [R137] What new interests that coincide with Lee's? You seem to know a lot about both these men, providing that you've never met either one of them and get your information primarily from Tumblr and DL. RA wasn't always provide. There's a lot of information you can go back to.
- meant to say RA wasn't always *private* - sorry for the typo.
- All along, I thought you guys were talking about this man ..
- What information? Annabelle Capper? Was she ever aknowledged as his girlfriend?
No, never. I think Annabelle was his beard.
- [R134] It's not the same Shirt, there is a wide red stripe in the middle and less blue on the site, Tom Hiddleston has it vice versa.
- [R149] What an irony, Richard Lee Armitage! *LOL*
- [R135] RA said once that he is not good to buy clothes, he likes to take the clothes from the characters he played if that is possible. So maybe that's the reason why LP and RA share the same clothes sometimes.
- [R145] He has not talent for clothing or buying clothes or style himself, he often takes clothes from sets from the character he played. Maybe he does not like to shop, whatever.
Maybe that is the reason why he took clothes from Lee on the set of the Hobbit or at home. I don't know!
- Yeah, you definitely don't know r146.
- [R147] Of course not, if I would know or if we all here would know what is really going on we would have another discussion here!
- Is it possible for a gay couple to live a normal life, having a career or become movie-stars? Is that possible over years? I mean what will they do or how? Just say nothing, if they become more famous than their life will be an issue. Can the live private? I mean if that come out that both are gay and in a relationship that is a big headline. Two of the leading men of the Hobbit are a couple! The dwarf king is in love with the elf-king! They cannot come out, that is not good for the careers!
- [quote]I read online that Lee Pace's brother worked for Weta and still lives in Wellington, he posted a pic and noticed "New Zeland off my brother porch...!"
Is Pace's brother hot?
- [R150] I would say it's a average looking guy, nothing special, he seems to be tall, but not trained, vigorously with a little belly. Brown short hair but not so great full hair like Lee has. I would not notice him on the road, he would not stand out of a group of people. He is not ugly but an ordinarily looking guy. He works for Weta and lives now in NZ, has a girlfriend there. He seems a nice guy but the good genes went to the first born.
- First born always get the goods. I'd say Lee is a God of all handsome men.
- OP no one knows who he is and all your links are dead.
- I hope this will help.
- R149 I honestly think that if hes gay he could come out and it wouldn't affect his career. Its not like hes a romantic lead in The Hobbit and seemingly the roles hes taken before this has been a bit of the same. If he were to take more parts like that it wouldn't be a bid deal. Lord if Matt Bomer can play a stripper in Magic Mike and his role in White Collar and have women go crazy over him then RA can do the same. Honestly he just seems like an intensely private person who wouldn't say whether he was gay or straight and everyone would probably only find out on accident (like paparazzi or fan secret pics)or if he were to get married.
- [quote]Honestly he just seems like an intensely private person who wouldn't say whether he was gay or straight and everyone would probably only find out on accident (like paparazzi or fan secret pics)or if he were to get married.
I must agree on this. I personally think these two mature guys are not the ones for teeny bopper-gossipers here to hate & curse just because they don't wanna tell you about their sexual interest. RA seems wise and shy and LP seems to love his life as a single man.
- They're both gay and are a couple.
- Let's hope this would sell the movie because DL hipsters hates LOTR movies.
- It's strange, some guys here are pretty sure that they are a couple and others have no clue at all. New Yorkers seems to be very discrete people.
So, who thinks they are a couple?
- Your source, R157?
I'm the guy who posted earlier about helping him at the store where I work in NYC earlier this month. Want to know more about this hot stud!
- Read the thread.
Or contact this guy Mark James Gulliford
- [R162] I'm not sure if this guy is so happy to be contacted from a bunch of DL-guys who wants to find out more details about RA...
- [R160] Wants he become the hot manly stud with chest hair and beard now? He was always more the Gentleman-Typ!
- Well does talk about a wife and kids in this article..Im assuming its a real article
- Yes, IMO an interview like this equals Luke Evans "bearding", because Armitage "subtly" encourages others to believe he's interested in women when he's not.
- [R164] Almost every gay star out or not said things like that in his past in one or more interviews. So, nothing what I would shocked about!
- Nothing to be shocked about, just routine for a closet gay.
- Phrases like that are not so bad, much worser are these Hollywood-stars which are deeply closed and dated woman or marry woman and than they give gay-pool-parties. These guys manipulate to much the media with there beards and lie to the whole fans. Armitage doesn't lie in this way.
I would also love to have a wife and children but that's impossible because I'm a gay man. It will probably going to be a husband!
- I wish they'd release the British first season of Strike Back in an American version.
- Did he move to the States to be with Lee?
Totally disagree. Bearding and interviews like that one are exactly the same thing and have the same purpose. Make the fangirls believe that thay are interested in women which is obviously a lie.
- [R170] Lee lived a long time in NY, Richard Armitage lived in a house in GB, know both lives a little bit outsite of NY, together? I don't know, but it's strange!
- [R171] Well, if fangirls are so blind! Just switch your brain on and there will be a few questions.
A few did and they don't care, they think let him his privat life as long as he is a good looking leading man and the fans can dream. That's it but there are also the strange fans and I'm sure even it would be well known that he is a gay man, they will say he is straight or at least bisexual!
- Theres a pic of LP and RA wearing the same pea coat on Tumblr
- Just adding to them being together that theres pics on Tumblr of Lee wearing a few of RA's clothes.
- Links please, R176.
- Once again:
- Just look here, a little strange site, but you can see the photos here, think what you want!
- Im 176. Heres the Tumblr page.
- I'm usually very cynical about these slash relationships, but I think there is a possibility they might be dating.
- Yeah, I also have my doubts with all this celebrity-relationship-stuff. But here it's arguably. Wearing the same peacoat, yes, ok, peacoats look all pretty the same but the same Jeans shirt and the same Sweater in combination with the fact that both live now near NY is suspicious .....
What are they thinking when they wear the same clothes and than getting photographed? They know that awfull a lot of fans out there collect every photo of them.
That friends share sometimes a jacket or coat, yes, but seriously that happens just necessary Standard.
- They both live in NYC but at present Lee Pace is filming in London and surprise surprise there was a sighting of Armitage in London, too.
Well, it must be another "mere coincidence".
- Maybe they are dating, is so they make a really hot couple.
- You do realize that Armitage lived in London all of his adult life, and his family is in the north? It's no surprise even if he's moved to NYC, that he'd visit London frequently. They weren't spotted together, or even in the same area.
- [R185] I had enough from all this fangurls here. Go away woman, go back to your Tumblr, or post something intelligent!
- If the sightings of Armitage in London are true, I would imagine he is there to be with family during his upcoming birthday. I am still skeptical of the Pace/Armitage thing. I have no problem with it...they are both to die for, but with both of them, their careers seem to be the priority at this time, and I'm sure they are getting all kinds of advice and warnings about staying in the closet. Sad, but probably true.
- [quote]I had enough from all this fangurls here. Go away woman, go back to your Tumblr, or post something intelligent!
Please don't flatter yourself of being "intelligent" by just posting stuff in a gossip forum.
A poster like R187 is more intelligent than you R186, why would these over 30 year-old men be this careless when they seemed to be so ambitious about their careers, with all the advices and warnings around them?
- Because fraus are very, very gullible and they can be easily fooled.
- R189, all these pictures of them wearing the same shirts were from their tumblr fangirls and fraus.
I'm pretty much an observer, and from what I observe not all fraus and fangirls are dumb and not all naysayers like you are all that smart like you always claim to be. Many times You came off as an overly emotional gay person rather than as an intelligent gay person.
- You're in denial, as usual R190. Probably you are a frau but even people like you should admit that the great majority of fraus have been fooled and think he's straight.
Maybe, instead of posting on a gay gossip site you should visit a fan site and try to discuss "amiably" the subject and see the reactions.
- RA fangirl here! I don't know if RA is gay or if he is dating LP but, either way, I shall continue to adore him and support his career. He's fecking gorgeous and if he has a hot boyfriend, all the best to him.
Like the majority of RA fans, I hope that whatever his sexual leanings etc etc, he continues to do well in his career and that he enjoys it.
- [quote]RA fangirl here! I don't know if RA is gay or if he is dating LP but, either way, I shall continue to adore him and support his career. He's fecking gorgeous and if he has a hot boyfriend, all the best to him.
LP fan here, if LP were truly gay as we all suspect him to be, I'm glad that he always being nice to guys like RA, instead of some lame paps whores or twitter loudmouth attention seekers.
- R194 - not quite sure what you're saying there, but I think it was positive (?)
- I'm saying that RA is a great guy.
- And I'm saying that Lee and Armitage are gays and a couple, so what's the problem?
- R197 Enjoy!
- There are a lot of videos and fanfics about Thorin and Thranduill from the Hobbit! Very sexy stuff.
But I want to hear some real stuff, that would be nice!
- Thorin+Thranduil is so fucking sexy, dark and elegant.
But the same shirt thingy isn't enough R199?
- Lots of sexually frustrated fraus and teenagers on DL.
- and lot's of sexless gays with a lot of time to spend on DL too.
Atleast these too are real imposing hotties with substance, unlike some blank looking bimbos and tools DLers been shouting about currently and pretending like they're going to happen. I guess guys here are so easily pleased with a bunch of posers.
- Can you imagine the Headlines when it would come out that the dwarf-king has something with the elven-king ....
- Such as, R202?
- His face could stop a clock and he's uncut, so you know he doesn't wash properly and smells down there.
- The real thing is, DL recognizes these two as new current threat to it's regular favorites. Richard and Lee are such low-key actors, did or said nothing to trigger such personal hate shown by some forumers here. How ridiculous and immature these self-proclaimed brave out heroes of DL.
- Can we ignore this stupid postings and go back to a normal discussion. Thanks!
- R207 And why are you so invested with this guy? What interest you?
- [R207] What do you think? Maybe I like this actor, should occur!
And why are you on this thread?
- R209 Oh, you like him, I thought you're the one who said he's a coward.
- [R210] Never said that! We are a few guys here using the same Laptop but nobody of us think that!
Finally something interesting. Details, please.
Did you fuck him?
- I admit I've been skeptical about this relationship...I thought it was just more Viggo/Elijah/Orlando tinhat nonsense.
But dude...wearing each other's clothes? They're totally fucking.
- Maybe he is on set very open about that or how comes Sir Ian McKellen to eight open gay actors on the Hobbit-set?
- R198 and 200 - yum! Thank you!
Most of the fan fic for virtually *any* m/m pairing is slash fic, usually with a healthy dose of kink thrown in, so I don't imagine many fangirls (other than the total nutters) will be too sad if Thorin and Thranduil are boffing for real...
- For total nutters you mean females who dream of having sex with gay guys, obviously.
- R216 - no, not at all (?)
I mean the obsessive, possessive fans (I hesitate to call them girls; middle-aged wimmin, on the whole, from what I've seen) who act in a totally mental, overly-proprietorial way towards others when the object of their obsession is discussed.
- Tbh, I don't know who's the worse between teenagers and fraus when they are sexually frustrated and are obsessive about gay people.
- A lot of gay erotic stories are written by women.
It's maybe like the lesbian Scenes for men in straight pornography!
Some women like gay sex in their fantasy, it turns them on.
- It reeks of frustration, just weird.
- [quote]Tbh, I don't know who's the worse between teenagers and fraus when they are sexually frustrated and are obsessive about gay people.
I don't understand why would a gay man gets upset about two actors with gay rumors having people obsessed over them? Care to explain your frustration about this matter?
- Not upset just amused by frustrated fraus and their gullibility.
- [R222] So what do you believe?
- What is really interesting with him is, this guy seems to be a phantom! So private like he Helds his private life is almost unreal!
- Yes, Lee is London and guess what, Armitage is also in London these days.
Armitage has built his career on fraus. I doubt he will ever come out.
- That's easy to hide for Armitage, because he is British, lived a long time in London, has his family there. His birthday is also in August and after a long time working in NZ he wants to visit his family! He has plenty of explanations for beeing in London.
Maybe Lee lives in his house there. He even can say he visits his old pal from the Hobbit! That's so easy for him and fangirls to declare!
He is very shy, he is very private and he made the mistake in the past to tell the media, that he wants to have a wife and children. And than wearing Lee clothes! I really don't get it!
- I think that the "clothes" thing is just one of the "evidence" that links Armitage to Lee. But it's not the only one; I don't understand why people don't take into consideration the "others". Could you explain?
- [R227] Maybe because for many people, especially fangirls, they simple don't exist!
I have no idea, from which evidence you speak, there are a few hints, for example RA moving to NY, same interests ...
Maybe you can declare your impressions/eidence!
- Read this thread and the previous one.
- [R229] I cannot open the previous one.
Maybe we should make a collection of evidence for all who cannot read the closed threads here.
Please, read also the Lee Pace threads (new and old) there could be something interesting.
- [R231] A special one, there are a lot LP-threads?
- Just two: this one and the old Lee Pace gossip.
- Sorry: Lee Pace thread part II (the current one) and Lee Pace gossip (the old one)
- Ok, thanks!
- Armitage is in London doing some post audio work for The Hobbit. Other Hobbit actors are there as well, according to Twitter. Clearly, a big gay orgy.
- Haha, good try frau.
Lee Pace is Armitage's boyfriend and he's in London, too. Probably, he accepted that film just to be in London at the same time.
The only other gay dwarf I'm aware of is Adam Brown.
And maybe the other Hobbit actor we can "romantically" link to Armitage is Luke Evans but before the arrival of Lee on set.
Even if we can't rule out some very interesting gay party.Haha
- R236 is correct.
Armitage and Pace must be either too discrete to be seen together, or the sharing of clothes and cities is an odd coincidence.
The sharing of clothes is just one of the many coincidences.
Yes, they're very discreet and Armitage is even famous for being secretive, not just discreet. Guess why.
- I am so embarrassed that I wrote "discrete," rather than "discreet." Thank you for not calling me out on that, R239.
- You're welcome, my lady.
- [R237] Armitage and Evans? Is not that far-fetched? What makes you think that? Just because both are gay?
A drama of jealousy on the set of the Hobbit when Armitage started to date Pace?
I can discuss a lot but this is really strange!
- [R239] Right, I also do not believe in coincidences!
- [quote]Lee Pace is Armitage's boyfriend and he's in London, too. Probably, he accepted that film just to be in London at the same time.
Being in a Marvel film is most actor's dream. Pace's "Lincoln" cast member James Spader just got cast as Ultron.
Don't tell me that he (Pace) accepted the part for 'Miss Pettigrew Lives For Day' just to be in London because he had a Londoner bf.
Armitage just moved to NY, what are you talking about kid?
- About the fact that Armitage and Lee are a couple, kid.
- R245 My point is, Pace accepted that film because it's his dream to be part of MCU family,( plus MCU been eyeing him for years,) when he can get RA in NY more times than in London, stupid kid.
- Stupid kid, that is a shitty film apart from the money.
- I think LP goes wherever he has to work. He just choose the scripts/the movie he wants to be a part of. I think that has nothing special to do with the fact, that RA lived there a long time.
Of course RA can plan to be in London when Lee is working there. That's not a big problem, actors doesn't work in offices. When Lee works there, RA can combine it with work or visiting friends and family and beeing with Lee! That's all!
I guess Lee,as a big comic-fan, wants to be a part of a Marvel movie! That's the reason why he is doing it. The film could have been shot in Canada or in any other Country!
- Yes, they combine work and being together, this time in London.
As you rightly said: that's all.
- Hahahaha! Reading this is like reading the fangirls and their fantasies! No proof what so ever...a lot of guessing, supposing, and silly projecting of oneself in a wishful situation! I would love it if I'm wrong, but when realism intrudes on your fantasy; there's not much there.
- Just wait and see who's the deluded one R250
- I really looking forward when the Promotion for the next Hobbit-movie will start!
- R250 sounds like a pretend publicist. "My clients are not gay and you are involved in wishful thinking."
Yeah, yeah...we've heard it before.
- Agree with R252 and R253
It will be very interesting to see how they "interact" during The Hobbit promotion.
- Somebody posted some long-range video shot of them with all of the hobbit actors onstage somewhere and it looked like one couldn't get away from the other fast enough.
- If you watch that same video all the way to the end, you'll also see some pretty interesting body language between the two, including a moment where it looks like Richard pulls Lee back to him. Just google "Ian McKellen On Stage - Hobbit Cast Appearance," watch from the 6:00 mark on and make your own assessment. (Heck, watch the entire video, it's rather enjoyable how Ian McKellen takes total control of the skit.)
- All I could see from that vid, r256, is two guys who really didn't want anything to do with each other. I didn't watch it all the way to the end, though.
- [R257] I saw the video and had the impression as if all the actors now each other maybe for just a few hours and really don't know each other, they act like strangers not just RA and LP. I had the Impression with all of them! Like the all feel a little uncomfortable!
I think RA is also not the type of person to show his feelings in the front of others.
- To Reply 53: Why is it when anyone expresses an opinion even slightly different than the prevailing trend, one immediately gets labeled a publicist or a "frau"? I am neither; I just don't see what everyone on here is projecting. I expressed that I hope I'm wrong and the rumors are true. I come here to express opinions and chat with people; not toget labeled or derided just because I have a different opinion. Tocome back at me with name calling is much more "frau" like than a thoughtful, intelligent response.
- R53 verbatim: "ALL the links give me Error 416 so I can't see any of them. What gives?"
- Google "Ian McKellen On Stage - Hobbit Cast Appearance". It's on Youtube!
- From one of the latest press conference video, I also noticed something funny going on among LP's new movie male cast member (he's straight)and looked like he tried to avoid eye contact with Lee while Lee was just acts normal. I guess because Lee is just too hot even for a straight guy.
- Probably, the straight guy was embarassed by Lee's attention.
- I don't think he's homophobic R263 and as I said Lee was acting normal. Stop suspecting everyone to be homophobic.
- I agree with r259. Not even sure why I'm following this thread. No one on here knows anything, and the abundance of exclamation points only underscores the childish mindset of the posters here.
There used to be a time on DL when people with actual insider info posted, but that was before troll-dar and before so many hateful misogynists began tossing around the word "frau" in the way that hateful homophobic bigots use the word "faggot."
- If one is straight is not necessarily homophobic, he might be just not interested in men.
- R266 Sometimes straights can become nervous by the attractiveness of the same sex, it exists in human nature's sub-conscious.
- Frau, I think that you project your daydreams on everybody. I can assure that straights are not interested in gay men, but if the actor you mentioned is a closet case - just like Lee is - then things might be different.
- R268 Its very clear I was just saying that maybe he found Lee THAT attractive, but no homo, just as the same case as Matt Bomer's fraus kept saying that many straight men find Bomer attractive that could make them gay, but I don't think the straight co-star became gay because of that.
You are one jealous emotional bitch.
- Frau, I'm stating a fact: straight man don't find other men attractive while gay men and bi men can find another man attractive. As simple as that.
- R270 Straights CAN find another person of the same sex attractive, without becoming gay.
You are so butthurt you start to sound ridiculously stupid.
- A straight man doesn't find another man attractive. "If you are attracted to someone, you are interested in them sexually." Collins definition.
I tried my best to not call you an idiotic frau, but the problem is that you really are.
- And R270, why are so hurt by my story?! at least it's not baseless, and this is called GOSSIP.
Like Graham McTavish, he's straight with wife and kids but he DID checking on Lee's ass, it's in the video, but I don't progressively suspect him to be a closet case, because I'm not a narrow bitch like you.
- R272 FINDING one (of same sex) to be attractive and to be ATTRACTED TO is two DIFFERENT things.
- Once again, idiotic frau; no straight man would use the word "attractive" for another man. I could use it but not a straight man.
Keep on with your fdaydreaming, frau.
- [quote]Once again, idiotic frau; no straight man would use the word "attractive" for another man. I could use it but not a straight man.
You are so jealous of Pace (it shows!) you dragged yourself so far from reality, man, or girl.. or fag, whatever you are.
Straights do say one is handsome or pretty if they find so.
- R275 Or you're just not used to the straight culture because you're an anti-social gay, I suppose..
- Handsome and pretty are more generic kind of statement.
Even if, I've never heard once in my life a straight man discussing another man in those terms. While I have - hundreds of times - heard gays and bisexuals make that kind of appreciation on another man.
- Handsome = attractive
Pretty = attractive
Don't try to make it sound complicated R278, to say handsome or atrractive is just one's personal preference.
Maybe if I said the male co-stars find him "handsome" it would've made you less uptight.
- [quote]I've never heard once in my life a straight man discussing another man in those terms.
Because you're an anti-social gay.
- It's you that project your infatuation on other people.
Once again, straight men don't find other men attractive. And I've never heard in my life a straight man using the definition "handsome or pretty" for another male. I use it, a bi could use it. A straight? Hardly.
I, and I dare to say that many people here have heard several times straight men compliment another men's appeal.
We're in 2013, today we are OPEN & talk straight forward of what we honestly think without have to worry on some old grannies looking suspicious at you, what century are in?
- Try to separate your infatuation from reality, straight men are not interested in other men. End of story.
- R281 I think you should socialize more with the straights, not the rednecks, but with the urbans.
I don't buy your "I've never heard in my life a straight man using the definition "handsome or pretty" BullShit. Sounds like you have a really fucked up life.
- I already socialize with men, kid, a lot.
And I think you should do the same thing but I mean not just with your virtual gay boyfriend but with real straight men. You might learn something interesting about what they think and do.
- [quote]Try to separate your infatuation from reality, straight men are not interested in other men.
Try to tone down your jealousy on Pace, and try to read again all my posts very CAREFULLY. When you're so fucked up with hatred and envy, you can't do anything properly.
I didn't say any of the guy are "SEXUALLY" interested. It's only in your fucked up head, without any visual proof.
- [quote]I already socialize with men, kid, a lot.
No, not those redstate not old grandaddys and kids, but with the urban young adults.
Unless you're just awake from centuries of coma.
- My observation is not on a specific actor, kid (because you're certainly a teenager -btw I remind you, this is the Armitage thread and not Lee's)but in general. Your infatuation doen't allow you to see things as they are: straight men don't find other men attractive, handome or pretty, while gay and bi do. They can make a joke, they can be gay friendly but it's a different thing. You project your sexual fantasies on straight males. I'm 32, not that orl, kid. How old are you? 12?
- I don't buy that "i'm 32" shit R288, If you think i'm a teenager your 32 y/o ass def. won't even continously debating this shit with me, a "teenager".
I don't even buy you're gay, never. You sounds too idiotic (and sometimes homophobic) to be gay.
Offline now. Bye.
- I'm gay and I'm 32, free to believe it or not.
In fact, on one thing you're right, this is the most boring, annoying, useless bickering I've had in a long time, thanks to you.
I fear we'll meet again, kid, because you have no intention to go back to your ONTD or TUMBLR, do you?
Bye, unfortunately not forever.
- By the way, the official British fangirl line on such people as Luke Evans and other British actor closet cases is that Luke recently became bisexual and the others are just decently private people - in other words, they assert that the closeted British actor does not exist. So Richard Armitage is straight and private.
- Haha: Lee Pace, Richard Armitage and Luke Evans straight? How delusional these fangurls can be, R291?
- Did you follow that link, r292? According to them, Luke Evans used to be gay but is now bisexual, because he's now in a serious relationship with a woman.
- There's no word on Lee Pace, because of course America's virulent homophobia can keep American actors down, but because GB is so down and cool with the homosexual, all of its actors are out, out, out.
- R293 I didn't follow the link. I post only on DL and there's already enough madness on here with the fangurls, no need to encounter other nuts.
- can we talk about Richard Armitage and his gayness please
- Richard Armitage isn't gay, because if he were gay he'd be out because Brits are cool enough to think gays are cool and all gay British actors are out.
- R297 - you're right, we Brits are generally a lot more tolerant, IMNSHO experience.
But RA and LP are aiming for Hollywood stardom, and you cannot be a handsome leading man in Hollywood movies if you are gay.
- But that doesn't change the fact that all gay and bi British actors are out, r298.
- R299 is being sarcastic.
- After looking at all the pictures and watching the videos linked, I have to say Richard Armitage (not the politician one) seems pretty gay.
- R290 Yeah right, and you were the one who claimed that you from "Julliard" back then, but never got the spelling right every fucking time, it is Juilliard, not "Julliard".
- Let us call this thread "The Richard Armitage fight Club"!
Just controversy here!
- Richard Armitage has the chunkiest thighs ever, with a butt to just salivate over...
- Link please, R304.
- He is a very good looking guy, a little shy but an great actor! Very manly in the last time if you compare pics of him from the last year and when he did "Spooks"!
- He's not shy, that's his excuse for not talking about his private.
- And gay life.
- I can't get over how many fan sites this man inspires. Armitage compared to the classical ideal:
- Yes, fraus at its worst.
- [R309] And there will be much more after the Hobbit-movies!
- R309 reminds us that there will be the 12 year old, as well.
- Dancing in a SB clip:
- Interviewer: "It seems you are of a generation of actors who are settling down later in life. Even so, any plans?"
RA: "Yes, yes...I want a family, a wife and children. I see my sister's kids and how much fun they are. I definitely will be settling down in the future. It's just difficult managing time, but it will happen."
RA: "The woman I lived with has since moved out. It was difficult managing our time together."
Armitage appears to have a problem managing time.
- I don't think Armitage has a sister but a brother.Probably, you are quoting "freely" from some of his interviews.
That doesn't alter the fact that he has been lying about his sexual orientation to pander the female fans.
- I was copying directly from the article and for some reason, switched brother's kids to sister's kids. Thank you for the head's up.
I was hoping someone would know if he is indeed pandering to his female fans, or maybe he's bi? He just doesn't seem the type to say those things so bluntly, but of course, I don't know him...so who knows...maybe he is the type?
- I fear he's a total fake, I mean the "image" he's presenting to his female fans.
- I agree. It should be very interesting as his relationship with Pace becomes more mainstream knowledge. Wonder what he will have to say then?
- Aren't you going to preach about how to be an adult at 30 to these female fans R317?
[quote]as his relationship with Pace becomes more mainstream knowledge. Wonder what he will have to say then?
It will become a free publicity for the The Hobbit. And he doesn't have to say anything, and I doubt that mainstream moviegoers would care or let alone "disgusted" as if they don't have their own life issues to take care of.
- 12, who are you talking to?
- 32, aren't you a little too old for this?
- 12, use trolldar, you'll see that you should ask your question to someone else.
- R322, You are a psychopath.
- Haha, you are a silly teenager that shouldn't be on a gay gossip site.
- [quote]Haha, you are a silly teenager that shouldn't be on a gay gossip site.
This is the stupidest shit I've ever read on a gossip site.
- Indeed, it's the truth.
- The truth is, you are an innocent psychopath, so I am going to stop harrassing you.
- Haha, thanks 12.
- Currently in LA, was at the Bafta LA TV TEA Party.
- Is he from The Hobbit? I can't remember.
Btw, the links don't work.
- [R330] He plays the dwarf "Thorin" in the Hobbit-movies!
- In LA and looking insanely hot.
- Fraus alarm.
- Thank you.
- Well, I have seen better pics of him. Needs a haircut and a nice suit!
- He needs to come out at 42.
- Some "gays" need to get a life.
- Fraus need to get a life and cope with reality
- Especially teenager like 12
- A coming out, a haircut and a suit. That's not bad, isn't it?
- Dayum, R332.
- This proves that he doesn't like pussy.
- [R342] Sorry?
- he doesn't like pussies at all.
- The same clothes again:
- Lee Pace looks like Geraldo Rivera in that last pic, and they both look like 70s leathermen.
- [R346] The mustache was for a Play about the Aids-crisis in the 80s. Looks hot. Armitage had his dwarf-look.
- Armitage hasn't done anything new in over a year. Giving interviews about knives up his bum! That will go over well with the Tolkien fans.
- I still think R.A.'s hot but in the pics that r332 linked to, what the hell is going on with his forehead? Bulging so much it looks like he's got a skin expander in there.
Lee Pace was at his peak circa 2006 in The Fall (see pic). Absolutely gorgeous in that film. Now, I find him ugly... overgrown eyebrows, weird nose, etc.
- [quote]Lee Pace was at his peak circa 2006 in The Fall (see pic). Absolutely gorgeous in that film. Now, I find him ugly... overgrown eyebrows, weird nose, etc.
In this 2013 comic-con press conference video he looked almost as the same as in The Fall, only slightly mature. Still photos often didn't do justice to him, they make him looks older than in person/motion.
- The same clothes thing is clearly staged.
- RA joking about taking it us the ass with a penknife:
- Clearly, I meant to write "up" rather than "us."
- [R351] Why? To say "Yes we are a couple!"???
- R351 Why did he wore all these shirts that look like Lee once wore in public events that been photographed and widely seen by many of Lee's fans?
- The sharing clothes debate is dumb. The Hobbit public relations group provides the wardrobe for all their appearances and interviews. They share the clothes, they take the clothes and wear them around town.
If Richard Armitage was a closeted gay or bisexual he wouldn't joke about gay innuendos in interviews. He also wouldn't say as much as he's said about past relationships with women.
- [R356] Dear Madam, this is a gay board. But nice try.
- R356 is a fine example of gullible fan and that's why I can't stand these closeted cases: people like Armitage built their careers on these poor women.
- R356, some of those shirts are BEFORE Lee Pace started filming The Hobbit.
And the black peacoat is something that Richard wore in a movie/tv show a while back.
- Even google knows Lee and Richard are a couple because if you put in one of their names, the other one immediately pops up with it as one of the options... right after the "girlfriend" option (must be people like R356 holding out hope).
- I was watching the Hobbit Live Fan Event video from earlier this month. I found it odd that when LP and Orlando Bloom were talking about being elves, and LP does a little dance move, RA looked rather serious during this light-hearted exchange. He was also twiddling his fingers. I'm certainly no body language expert, but it does seem that he is deep in thought about something...
Personally, I like to imagine that there was some tension between the two. Perhaps some sort of quarrel, or worse, resentment. If the couple rumors are true, I would hypothesize that they are no longer together (and I would be rather sad if this was the case).
- R361 Luke Evans has something to do with this, obviously!
- [R361] Funny, I have the opposite impression, for me RA looked very warm but a little bit shy when LP was asked and jocked around. Like if he doesn't know how to act when he sees him. Shy, not hurt or embittered. More like he fears that people can find out.
[R362] Why should Luke Evans involved with one of them?
- Richard getting some hate on the onering.net:
"Not to offend anyone but, If he likes Shakespeare as he says, why didn't he go and see Romeo And Juliet to support Orlando Bloom on Broadway? Wasn't he in NYC? Sir Ian went and I don't think that Ian McKellen and all other Orlando's co-workers that came to see and support him are less busy than Richard Armitage. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to like Richard but so far he didn't impressed me as an actor and as a human being. I'm not saying that he is a bad actor or a bad person - in my opinion he is an OK actor but no more than that. And as a human being...I honestly didn't like his "I'm a purist"-attitude during The Hobbit Fan Event. When Orlando (thanks for this guy sense of humor and good nature heart!) tried to save the situation Richard wasn't even able to put an effort to say something nice."
- I watched the event video many times, I don't see what this person on R364 post was whining about.
I suspect this person is a DLer, and of all the brave out actors being talked & praised here for him/her to like, why the hell was he/she "trying to like" RA?
- I think Armitage did go to R and J. As a purist and Shakespeare fan, it had to be painful to watch someone two decades too old play the part of Romeo.
THIS is DL, so it's normal that R364 is a DLer. Maybe it's you that are out of place.
And what's wrong about being out and proud on a gay gossip site?
- Photo of Richard at the DOS premiere in Hollywood.
Can't believe one of his crazier fans hasn't tried to snuggle up next to him in his bed.
- Talk about a poofy hairstyle.
- His hairline appears to be receding/his brow is becoming more prominent so I think that's to cover it up.
- He's had the same hairline for years, it's just a poofy hairstyle.
- Cumberbund seems entranced...
- He dyes his hair. How strange for someone who always claims not to be vain.
- He's dyed his hair for years - he had to dye it black for Robin Hood.
And he's hoping to break into movies, and Hollywood is so plastic and dyed and false.
- Well, armitage has something in common with hollywood: he's also plastic, dyed and false.
- R373 - Richard doesn't "claim not to be vain". He was pretty candid about his vanity when asked by Martin Freeman if he'd put on weight for a role, in the "60 Seconds With..." snippet.
- Lots of sudden hate on here for Richard.
Must be Carter Smith posting.
- I don't dislike Armitage; I just find him a bit phoney...all his talk about live-in girlfriends and trying to find the right girl to start a family. Who knows? Maybe he is being truthful, but I kind of doubt it.
Also, in interviews he appears to take himself quite seriously. Nothing wrong with that, but he comes across as snooty, for lack of a better word. Maybe it's just the English way.
- R378 Agree with you. He's totally fake. If you want to have a good laugh, just read this thread on imdb. Oh yeah, he's not gay and has never smoked pot, not once in his life and the fraus believe it's true.He really has the most gullible middle aged fangurls in the world.
- Should I care about what he said or what he does or what he didn't. For what? I just enjoy his performances. That's it!
I don't care about fangirls or guys. Sometimes it sounds pretty the same. Boring. Just enjoy his performance or the movie and the rest is something you cannot change nor is that our business.
- R380 why hypocrites like you, who just enjoy his performances, are on a gay gossip site?
- What performances? He has done nothing new in years. How many times can you define Thorin? He has become so boring, which is too bad. He used to be a good actor. The whole 5 year Hobbit thing is a mistake IMHO for RA.
- Why would not smoking pot be fake? I've never smoked pot, I know other people who never smoked pot. Believe it or not not everyone one in the world is interested in being doped up. He drinks, he's never said he didn't drink.
He also didn't say he had no vanity, he doesn't seem snooty to me, just sort of quiet so he comes across as serious but he's got a nice sort of corny sense of humor and tells bad jokes in a "tells them so badly the badness is the funny part" way. Like the joke about the blond who walked into a bar. That's the joke. "A blond walked into a bar".
I fail to see how an actor dying his hair is especially vain, most of them dye their hair, young, old...most of them dye it until they are at least in their 50's and plenty of average guys dye their hair as well. It's a relatively easy and less expensive way to change or upkeep your appearance.
I agree with you. He's done nothing new in, at least, three years. (the hard working guy is another myth. Probably more than at becoming a respected actor he aimed at making money with blockbuster movies like the Hobbit) and even more fawny it is the fact that he tries to sell himself as a Shakespearan actor when, in fact, he has avoided theatre like the plague and has always chosen tv/movie projects. Plus, he's an average actor, who's very good good at playing only ONE role: the brooding guy and it is what he's been playing for more or less ten years. So, I agree on the boring actor.
As for the frau at R383 she's too dense to be answered to.
- [R381] You are right, I shouldn't try to spend my time with the stupidity of some people. They do not understand it anyway.
- Richard is on the road, promoting with Luke Evans:
- "It's been another wonderful year, which has been full of hard work"
What hard work? He's been doing absolutely nothing.
(apart from some pick-ups and promotional stuff for DOS)
Why has he to lie even in a Christmas message?
What a total fake this man is.
- What is with these flamers here flaming on all The Hobbit actors?
- If dude thinks takes 10 minutes to stick a pen knife up his ass hes not gay. Sorry.
- Ahah R389
Lee Pace wouldn't agree with you
- While there wasn't new work, Richard did go back twice to film pick ups for his tornado film.
- What is happening with the Armitage Army? Seems like fans are starting to leave him when he needs them more than ever. His fucking career is in a total slump.
I don't think he's that big of a phony. He seems like a nice guy, but a bit awkward.
What I don't like about him is his attitude towards Pace, especially when they are at public events.
I'm not sure why Lee puts up with someone who ignores him, but I'm thinking Richard must have an UNBELIEVABLE dick. And from what's been posted here, Lee has had many!
Haha I wouldn't call that hard work.
I don't think he's loosing fans but that there are more people who think that what he says is not consistent with what he does and that his public image a PR constructed one, included the bearding of Annabelle Capper.
- Haha I can't believe it. Not only is Armitage a fake but also a very vain one. It seems that the hard work he was talking about he had last year was ... plastic surgery. Look at the tip of his nose: it's totally different. I thought he would limit himself to dying his hair and having hair transplant. But this is really pathetic for a 42 year old. Get some serious work, like theatre, instead.It would be so much better than plastic surgery.
- I have to agree he does not look well. Not a good look for leading man roles. Too bad.
- Seems like everyone is posting in the Lee Pace thread, but Armitage is doing a "reading" in NY this Thursday, Jan 16th.
His lady fans are so excited, and many are happy that Annabele Capper will be on stage, and by his side, once again.
Hopefully, some of the fangirls/fraus will get some photos.
Still wondering why Lee can't help him get some better work.
- Wonder if the're still even together. Wasn't Armitage rumored to be with Charlie Condou?
- Yes, they are. The brief relationship with Charlie was almost ten years ago.
- How can you be so sure? I'm not even convinced hes gay, he just doesnt ping on my gaydar at all.
- why there is so much quiet? do you know about any RA plans?
- Everyone seems to be posting in the Lee Pace thread instead of this one. Has anyone met Armitage?
Armitage is gay: Sorry for your broken gay radar
- [R399] How are you so certain?
- Trust me, he's gay.
- I think he's bi. Definitely not straight.
- [quote]Trust me, he's gay.
Oh, well when you put it that way, we'd be fools to think anything else now.
- [R404] Proof? Evidence? You met him/been with him? Or are you just going to ask us to 'trust' you based on your opinion. Tit.
- [quote]Proof? Evidence? You met him/been with him? Or are you just going to ask us to 'trust' you based on your opinion. Tit.
And if he says that he fucked RA you will believe him? Anyone could make up a history about banging Richard.
It's obvious -only Richard and his closest friends know the truth about his orientation.
- in truth these are all guesses
in my opinion he's bi
- [quote]What is happening with the Armitage Army? Seems like fans are starting to leave him when he needs them more than ever. His fucking career is in a total slump.
Yeah, those Hobbit movies aren't making ANY money at all.
- I'm concerned for his career, hes only done one film since the hobbit and it'll be a generic shitty disaster movie.
- Armitage is gay not bi
- R412 - Trolldar tells me that you are all over the Lee Pace threads attacking anyone and everyone who is entertained by the speculation, but doesn't necessarily take it as fact. Believe what you want, but it should be noted that you don't know Richard or Lee personally and you're basically just trolling this board now. Your gaydar isn't proof of anything.
It's unfortunate that Richlee fanatics have overtaken these threads because now no one with real gossip will post in them.
- Gay or European? Whatever:/
Armitage is gay, it's a fact not an opinion.
- you know him or someone who knows him?
- R413 that person is annoying, but less annoying than all the people who come here and pretend that the family pictures with Lee Pace are harmless and won't even entertain the thought that they are/were a couple in the face of that actually pretty good evidence.
Some sense, eventually
- There were no LP&RA articles in general gossip site. Just Queerty and some internet sites. What does that mean?
- R419, it means that nobody except people on Datalounge, Tumblr, and IMDB gives a shit about Richard or Lee.
And even if Nayla releases more shots of them at Thanksgiving, no one will still give a shit.
And as far as Richard's career, I can't remember when a 40 something made it as a leading man in Hollywood. That seems to be a fucking pipe dream.
- [R420] Richard needs to go back to the UK and capitalise on the hobbit whilst he still can by getting leading TV roles, hes not had anything since Into the Storm and that looks like a generic crappy disaster movie. Pace's career will probably do very well once halt and catch fire is released, I hope their relationship survives.
- OK, there is a girl who had dinners with Lee's family(except Lee. He went back to Atlanta). Someone asked to her "Did Lee's family also talk about Richard Armitage?" and she said NO. Instead family did talk about Mckellen, Bloom, Nesbitt.
- and? so what?
- I read that post too, I thought it came across as a little... stalkerish? And if anything, not mentioning Richard, just proves it's something they don't want out and about.
- 424 I completely agree with you
I guess it's not wise to mention Richard when you have a dinner with person you don't trust
- some news: Richard's going to play in Urban and the Shed Crew
- as an ex-social worker Bernard Hare
- Armitage should just buy a new flat and continue to work over in London.
It's not gonna happen for him over here, and I can't see the relationship with Pace lasting.
Good luck, Richard.
- He will not succeed in US. He is famous in UK and should hold on to British series
- So iOS it now assumed Richard is gay? Lee is obviously glass, but is Richard?
- Richard could be bi. I'm almost sure he's not straight.
Or- what do you think about fluid orientation? Do you think it is true that there're some people whose orientation is not determined from the beginning of their lives?
- What makes everyone so sure Richard isnt straight? What is is about his personality/demeanor that gives off 'gay/bi' vibes? His mannerisms and manner of speech are pretty hetero, hes always casually mentioning women he fancies.
- Armitage is gay and in a relationship with Lee Pace.
- [R433] Oh well if a random stranger on the internet says its true then it must be -_- evidence? proof? you even going to give an insight as to why you think that?
- it will be interesting to see how far they keep LP away from any future Hobbit promotions. There is another movie still to go. That will be telling. They need Hobbit 3 to do better than 2. I don't know anyone who liked 2. It was boring.
Read all the threads concerning pace and Armitage and you'll have your answer
- [\treply 435\t] fuck off I like it
- The trailer for Richards next film is out on Friday, hes going to cinemacon and hes promoting the hobbit DVD on top of filming Urban and the shed crew. Hes got a busy few weeks ahead of him.
- And a short stop in NYC to celebrate Lee's birthday. Lovely couple
- Why wasn't Lee Pace involved in the promoting The Hobbit 2?
Maybe I missed him, but I've seen interviews/press with everyone but him.
Kinda don't understand why Cumberbatch was so involved in the promotional stuff. He was only the voice/mo-cap of Smaug -- wasn't on screen, really.
- He is playing another social worker in his next film. The last one he played in Between the Sheets is where the bare ass comes from on this board. He had sex with his teenage clients in that film. Hope this one has a better ending then that one did.
- I really really hope his next film does well, he desperately needs something to boost his credibility and fame. He needs to do what Lee did and go back and do some proper theater, judging from the trailer of into the storm it looks like sharknado.
- Glad Armitage stopped off in New York to celebrate Pace's birthday...especially since Pace was in Atlanta. hahahahahah
- Is Pace still filming Halt and Catch Fire? I thought he'd finished filming that. Or is this the lance armstrong thing
- R443 How do you know he as in Atlanta?
- She doesn't know anything.
- I would think that Lee is still filming his show.
He should be finished in a few weeks. And after that, I hope he takes a LONG vacation. He's been working his ass off for over a year and really deserves it.
Maybe Richard should try for a "limited" series? Kinda like Martin Freeman did with "Fargo".
I have to wonder if the movie Armitage is filming now will even get a proper release in Canada/US. It seems super low budget.
First: I am not a "she". Are you?
Second: OnLineVacations gives the location sites of everything filming as well as the people working.
The series is still shooting, plus there are casting calls for extras practically daily. The show is providng a lot of work for people in the area, which has been commented on in the local papers.
- Sorry..got my websites mixed up. It's
- I was pretty convinced they were together but I'm now doubtful. Lee is so busy he dosent seem like he has time for a relationship.
- R440 He's a whore, darlin'.
- [quote]He is playing another social worker in his next film. The last one he played in Between the Sheets is where the bare ass comes from on this board. He had sex with his teenage clients in that film. Hope this one has a better ending then that one did.
The sex scene with his gf was pathetic. Although I enjoyed the script
- I still think the tornado movie is gonna suck, but all of the fangirls/fraus have girl boners about Richard and his pairing with Sarah Wayne Callies, so maybe it will be a hit.
Haha, "fangurl boners" is a good one.
The "into the storm" trailer really sucks.
Hope that the new project "Urban and the shed"
- Has anyone on here met Armitage? or slept with him?
- R456 well aren't you fucking hillarious.
- Richard doesn't seem to be a man who sleeps with everyone. I don't think that you'll find any of his ex bf/gf on this thread.
- Until Lee, he has had lots of relationships. As a rule, no one will say anything about it. But there's always an exception: have a look on "Richard Armitage gay or straight" in the comment section.
- Richard deserved that Empire award, I dont get why everyone thinks the sun shines out of Aidan Turners ass hes an average actor at best he didnt deserve his award.
- Richard is a good actor. I really like him in every movie. But he seems to be too shy/introvert in private life so I guess we wouldn't get on very well if we knew each other. I like the kooky ones
- Farking HAWT!
- I think Richard is quite kooky/dorky in an endearing way.
- I'd like to see (and try haha)
- The Lee thread is being flamed by some absolute nutcase. Anyone know how to get them blocked/the posts deleted? There's 20 pages of spam.
- Stupid trolls. Army-bitches I guess. Sb wrote that we should flag posts but I don't know if it works.
- I think that r466 is correct. The Army doesn't seem to like Lee or any chat about him/them.
There were at least two different ISP's being used in the LP thread. I suspect two teamed up to get rid of it. Or, one troll with two different ISP's.
Having said all of that, Richard looked better at the Empire awards than he did in Vegas.
- Oh....the tie pin is different one. It's not Lee's. Check out Empire awards HD photos. There is a twist pattern above it.
- Thanks, r468.
Well, if this isn't proof that is Richlee is no more, I don't know what is.
Long distance relationship rarely last.
- It isn't an "Army" person -- whatever thst means?
It's the same person(s) who spams every Cumberbatch thread.
They're moving on to Lee Pace and other threads where "obesssive fangirls" post.
- 'First of all, I'm non-native. Please forgive my any possibilities of broken English.'
Hmm... [R469]. It's just a tie pin. We can't sure until certain evidence pop out. I don't think that small 'pin' could explain whole story.
I agree possibilities of most clothes sharing. Yes, too much coincidence. But I think tie pin is....hard to recognize. And many photos are not in high definition. I'm not even sure Richard's tie pins in all evidence photos were the same one. One of them is too narrow, the other one is too thick.
Instead We could figure out Richard started wearing it from 2012. Before 2012 he usually wore bow tie or without tie pin. His style has been changed in that year and remained until now. That's all, it's fine to me. Anyway that pin was too old to use for these days:)
Btw, I remember someone in this thread said Richard had a short stop in NYC to celebrate Lee's birthday, right? I thought Lee was in Atlanta that time, but on 27th he was in Manhattan to attend AMC Upfront 2014. Fan took a picture with him :o
Yes, Lee was in nyc but the armitage fangurls would do anything to deny the fact that he and armitage are a couple. These fraus are really annoying and clueless.
- Are we seriously talking about a TIE PIN?! Come on, that's nearly as obnoxious as the troll in the Lee Pace thread. Jesus Christ can't there be sane people who are not extreme on either end here. Whyyyy.
- I forgot to thank R471 for the lovely pic of lee in Nyc
- R469 how is a differnt tie pin proof a relationship has ended?
- There are pics of Halt and Catch Fire wrap party so it's extremely plausible that Lee and Richard were together to celebrate his birthday.
- R440 He was in Atlanta filming Halt and Catch Fire when the premiere of DoS was going on. Probably on a tight schedule. He did promotions before that at the live event in early December. BCum is everywhere so not surprised that he stuck his face everywhere throughout the premiere period.
- As for Richard's career, he has such a generic look (looks like Hugh Jackman only Hugh Jackman has more personality and is obviously way more prolific) and his acting isn't that great either. Being grumpy Thorin doesn't actually show his range. His boyfriend Lee has played a transgender woman, hospitalized depressed man, sweet pie maker, manly heterosexual lover in various films, different stage roles, majestic elven king, and now computer whiz in this upcoming TV show. They cannot be compared in terms of acting. RA should just sit at home, collect royalties for the Hobbit films and let his bf roll in the dough.
- R478 Thats a bit harsh, Richard has been somewhat typecast as the brooding anti-hero but he has done more light stuff where hes played different characters, Vicar of Dibley and Sparkhouse come to mind.
- In my opinion he's not a bad actor. But Lee is more credible with women.
And let's face it- Lee is more handsome in a flexible way- he can play women, hunks, psychos and cuties as well as badass.
Richard is a good-looking man too but he is more...dark/evil? So he won't be a perfect choice to almost every role.
- I think he gets a lot of unnecessary criticism for being typecasted/a shy person/closeted and its largely undeserved.
- Maybe you're right....I'm one of those who wrote that don't find him interesting because of his shyness. Now I see it must be a struggle for him- convincig people to characters which differ so much from his personality.
- Richard just wore Lee's jacket to the Empire awards. Check out 'Richardandlee's tumblr. Looks like they are still going strong.
- Oh I meant Cinemacon instead of Empire. Check it out anyway. It's the same one Lee wore to The Normal Heart Opening night
- Sharing clothes is pretty sweet, they seem quite loved up. Richard seems to wear lees clothes a lot more than lee wears his.
- Maybe because Richard did not bring too many of his clothes to NY? Maybe they live together at Lee's place? I don't know, but I think this is sweet... call me crazy of stupid, whatever, I just think even after the gossip from the gay website and that post from Lee's father's facebook, they are still sharing clothes in public, that is enough for me to know. I wish them all the happiness in the world, I really do.
- It looks terrible on him, whatever it is. Too small.
- Does anyone know how to get rid of the spammer fan girls on the other threads? It getting beyond idiotic and very weird.
- Where's the fucking proof. You gays think everyone is gay!
- ^ What is it with this influx of trolls and idiots??
Same tie, too.
Thanks, plus if you want to make it clickable, put the link in the Url, below the message space.
- 492 here,Now I know why I can't post the complete link in the reply just now... thanks!
- see if it works
- R489 proof? Read the lee pace thread you moron. The proof is discussed in there.
- awww how sweet. So they're still together. I ship them so hard!
- Check out RichardandLeetumblr.com Illaria Ubinati, Armitage's stylist states the clothes belong to him.
- R498 I put this in the other thread as well but she is saying that she didn't style him, that's all. Or is that your point?
- But lol @ the "Armitage Army" even tweeting her to ask that. They obviously had ulterior motives, they wanted to disprove the clothes sharing thing. I don't believe that the clothes people say they are sharing are the same clothes, but it's funny how they say they think it's ridiculous and then seek to disprove it anyway.
- Uh, they're sharing clothes. That's the same blazer, being worn by both of them on separate occasions, in R495's link.
- Alright R501 the little white dot makes the clothes sharing thing somewhat more plausible but most of it is obvious bullshit. For example: the tie pin. But yeah I actually do believe that is the same jacket unless somebody is photoshopping it or something.
- R502. Why don't you believe the clothes sharing?
- R503 just because it is weird behavior to me to analyze pictures of their clothing to deduce if they are a couple or not, and a lot of times people own clothing that looks similar and it doesn't mean it is actually the same piece of clothing or that they're sharing it.
But like I said I do actually think that is probably the same jacket.
- R504 careful you sound like one of the Armitage fraus. One or two items are dubious but tbh most of them seem genuine and there's just too many instances of it for it to be coincidence. It also correlates with Richard saying he hates clothes shopping and buying new clothes.
- R505 I don't care if you think I sound like an 'Armitage frau' because I'm not and I hadn't even heard of him before datalounge. I do think they were or are a couple, and I think the strongest evidence of that is the holiday pictures and the facebook post by Lee's dad. If the only evidence was clothes sharing I wouldn't believe it. This most recent clothes sharing episode is more compelling than past ones to me, though. Maybe I'm going crazy.
- Who else has Armitge dated?
- R507, please read through this thread and you will see some other posts about that.
One of the Armitage deleted threads claimed that the "woman" he was living with was really a man.
Several people over on ONTD posted that he dated men. One said he was seeing a guy when he worked on two Royal Shakespeare productions. Another posted that her friend in NZ saw him holding hands with a guy when he was filming The Hobbit. I assume this was before Lee.
I don't know if Richard considers himself gay or bi, but I suspect that he leans towards the boys over the girls.
Oh, and I thought that the black blazer was not the same one, but it appears that it is. Wonder if this item will be retired like some of the other items of shared clothing after they were discovered?
- I just think the army is so pathetic, even if Richard Armitage being gay is a totally rumor, what real harm it will do to the actor himself? And who are these fans who claim to "love" the man to decide his sexuality? It is very interesting to see how they are terrified by the idea that he might be gay. What's the big deal? Are they homophobic? Very Interesting : )
- There's one fan that goes by severtus who is absolutely mental. She writes about 3 long winded detailed essays about Richard every day, she posted his address online and wrote an essay dismissing whether it not he was circumcised. She wrote a Richard and lee essay as well where she made excuses for all the evidence. She's seriously unhinged.
Are you the other unhinged one who always posts on IMDB and doesn't allow any discussion about Armitage being gay and always attacks s?
Because, honestly, I don't know who is the worst mental case between you two (I mean, you and s)
- [quote]I just think the army is so pathetic, even if Richard Armitage being gay is a totally rumor, what real harm it will do to the actor himself? And who are these fans who claim to "love" the man to decide his sexuality? It is very interesting to see how they are terrified by the idea that he might be gay. What's the big deal? Are they homophobic? Very Interesting : )
Stupid girls think that he would marry them. He looks hetero, he is a handsome gentelman, has a deep voice, dark hair and piercing eyes. He is just an epitome of manhood.
And there're still many gay stereotypes in the society.
- R511 What? no. I think Armitage is definitely bi/gay and that hes dating Pace and has been for a few years now. Why do you think I'm them?
- R511 Severtus is very unpopular within the wider fanbase, there was a mini coup d'etat against her where some morons tried to out her to Richards management which was equally retarded. I do think Severtus is seriously unhinged though, its not healthy to spend that much time on him. But honestly, all of the 'army' are as bad as each other, his other fans are fine its just the army that are the problem.
I dont know how they justify him being straight when theres so much evidence for him and Pace. They all worship Anabel Capper aswell who looks like a man in drag.
- If he was with Annabel Capper than he must be gay. So to say....if she cuts her hair she'll look more like a man than a woman
- The reason why I don't like the armitage army is their total lack of honesty and perspective.
They seem like a bunch of people completely detached from reality. They really are fraus and teenagers. No intelligent woman would behave like that.
- I think that Armitages fan base has split into two, the minority being the deranged middle aged/hysterical teenagers in the 'army' and the rest of them who are relatively normal, supportive and don't care if hes gay.
The army think they are helping Richard by 'defending' his status as a hetero, but in reality they're so notorious for being insane delusional morons that they're having an adverse effect on his fan base.
- I wouldn't be bothered if he were gay, but I am curious to know whether he's gay or bisexual. I guess it's possible he's pansexual, too. It sucks that the vast majority of actors still feel the need to pass themselves off as straight. If he is still with Lee I hope he gets to a point where he's willing to publicly acknowledge that relationship because otherwise they're probably doomed as a couple in the long run. Even though Lee has never come out as gay he's never bothered to beard up or make a show of being someone that he's not and I respect him for that (though it would still be nice if he came out of his glass closet).
- I read on another thread that "pansexual" is the latest trend/label that gay people use to deflect questions on their sexual orientation.
A bit like the bisexual unitially used by Tom Daley, but of a more obscure meaning, so that fraus could believe that the object of their desire might be interested in them.
Armitage is definitely gay
- What is the difference between bisexual and pansexual?
- R520 nothing unless you believe that sexual orientation doesn't exist and is just a preference. When people say they're pansexual it usually means they are also open to dating transgender people. But it's not really an orientation the way homo, hetero, and bisexual are because 'transgender' is a societal construct and we won't be biologically oriented towards it obviously. So people who equate pansexual with the other three are pretty much saying that people just choose their sexualities.
- Still obscure, I agree with those who think it is just a way to not state they are gays.
Or do you think it involves sentimental and sexual relationships with women? Because that is the real point to state if they are hypocrites or not.
- I suspect Richard is bi rather than gay, he seems to casually mention women but it doesnt seem in any way forced. I suspect hes bi and just neglects to mention he also fancies men rather than outright lying about being attracted to men.
- Uh I don't know if you're talking to me but yes people who call themselves 'pansexual' are supposed to be open to men and women, trans and non-trans.
The thing that people call themselves more often when they don't want to think of themselves as gay is queer.
- R523 right we know, you guys would rather think of Pace/Armitage as bi for obvious reasons.
I think he's gay because he was referred to that way by Ian McKellen, and because I think that Charlie Condou's article mentioning a closeted gay actor might have been about him.
- Maybe he was bi a few years ago.
- Or maybe he wasn't.
The Charlie Condou article if it was about him would have put him as gay ten years ago also.
- R523 Erm no. Gay or bi either way I dont give a fuck I wouldnt 'rather' he were bi, for me I just get that vibe off him. I had forgotten about the Ian McKellan outing though that is a good point, as horrible as it is to out someone I do wish that he had named Richard like he did Lee so that all the Armitage fangirls would shut the fuck up denying his attraction to men.
- ^ meant for R525 my bad.
- R528 sure. I don't really differentiate between you and all the other people who come in here and try to argue that they're bi and that it's just a 'vibe' you get though. Just like a ton of the "confessions" on that retarded Lee Pace Confessions tumblr. They all just happen to get the vibe that he's bi. It's their last dying grasp since even they can't deny he's not straight anymore.
- He's not straight anymore? Was he ever straight? That's news to me.
- R531 they can't deny it anymore was obviously what was meant. Here for you:
It's their last dying grasp since even they can't deny anymore that he's not straight.
- R530 fuck off you tit I've agreed with you. I think pace is gay and Armitage is probably gay too but possibly bi. I'm not some deranged fangirl I know were not going to run away into the sunset to get married and have babies for fucks sake. I agree they're in a relationship what more do you want?
- R533 I didn't mean to upset you I am honestly just tired of the people who come in here who say that they think one or the other is bi because most of them are trolls or idiots. Richard could be bi or even straight and all this shit is just a total coincidence, for all I know.
- R534 I'm a fan of both Richard and Lee and I get sick of being lumped together with the deranged Middle aged homophobic fraus in then 'armitage army'. I'm 90% sure the two of them are a couple and I wish them all the happiness in the world. Lees fans done care that he's gay, it's the armitage army that need a reality check.
- You all need a reality check.
- R535 yeah well sorry for lumping you in with them, you're obviously not like that at all. These three threads are a disaster right now.
This interaction is extremely "frau"-like, I don't think you're supposed to apologize on DL. Probably gonna make the troll really mad.
- Whats happening with the LP thread anyway? is there any way of getting the spam deleted?
- The troll/spammer just wanted to bump the thread to remind people that he's gay, you know like let's sabotage the closet case's career, like the Ian McKellen "accident" thing.
- Odd, because I thought the opposite. The troll is someone who defend closet cases.
- R539 how the hell did you come to that conclusion, the troll wants us to stop talking about it period.
- yes, but why? That was MHO
- R510, thanks for the tip - I just googled up a richly entertaining stream of pure crazy.
What I don't get is why these two? I've heard of Armitage because I watch a lot of UK dramas, but he isn't famous by any stretch. And I never heard of Pace, and still couldn't say why anyone might have.
Wait, don't answer that, it'll just clutter up DL even more.
You're obviously a frau because every gay man has seen Soldier's girl, Lee pace's best role.
- R543 what do you mean why these two? Why are they together? Because they have a lot in common and they like fucking eachother. Not hard to deduce.
- R544 is an idiot. You've uncovered YOURSELF as a "frau" with that statement, lol.
- R547 ....erm, what?
- do you think that Lee will marry Richard? will they ever come out of the closet?
- Unfortunately I doubt they will ever come out they both seem to have gone further into the closet. I hope they do though.
- R551 how is that, that's not true at all. Lee hasn't done anything different and Richard has actually stopped bearding and talking about his private life.
- "Why these two" attracted the crazyfans must be the Hobbit connection. Any minute now the nutters will start saying they're sharing clothes to send signals because their love is so repressed...
- R553 you are truly an idiot. Pace is definitely gay and there's actual evidence that they're a couple beyond "clothes sharing" so why don't you cry about that and leave us alone.
- R521 R524 R525 R527 R530 R532 R534 R537 R541 R546 R552 R554 Trolldar is not your friend.
Whether they're gay or straight or bi, you're proving the prancing pony point. Poring over photos in hairsplitting wishful detail was their stock in trade, and they dragged it through DL like anyone here gave a shit.
And just like them, your fanfrau wet dream is clearly more important to you than gay men's agency. Why won't you allow these men the same right as everyone else, famous or not, to decide when, where and to whom they come out?
- R555 what the fuck, am I supposed to be upset that you know how to use trolldar? I'm the one who never believed the clothes sharing pics, also, except the more recent one is more believable to me. And also I am not taking away their "agency" and I'm not telling them when to come out. How am I denying them that right at all?
Please go take your meds.
- R556 Alright calm down. Why dont you believe the clothes sharing? The tie clip I can understand but the other items are pretty distinctive with similar wear and tear marks.
- I bet Richard is gutted Cumberbatch has been cast as Richard III in the BBC's adaptation of it. He's wanted to play that part for years and Cumberbatch is everywhere at the moment, poor bloke.
- For once I'd like to hear an actor say that they have no interest whatsoever in playing Hamlet, Macbeth, Richard III, etc.
- Attention should not be paid to closet cases.
- R560 Attention shouldn't be paid to ignorant retards such as yourself either.
- Oh, so angry!
- R559 Are you serious? What would you suggest? Batman, Superman and X-man?
- Really? In your world there are no parts other than Shakespeare and comic book characters?
- R558 I think Richard made a conscious decision to move to NY and try to make a career in USA, being somewhat popular because of The Hobbit movies. I'm not saying he'd refuse a good job coming from UK, but his ambition is US market now. Let's be realistic, he's 42, it's now or never.
- R564 Of course there are, but to assume that actors will grow tired of playing Shakespeare is ludicrous. It's a Holy Grail of acting.
- Guys, I just bumped a REALLY old Lee Pace thread.
Can we please stop all of the fighting and just post info or gossip in these threads?
It's ruining all of the fucking fun!
- R557 just because it seemed silly to me and lots of people have clothes that look similar. I haven't really looked at it that closely.
- Armitage mentioned in an interview only a few days ago how much he still wanted to play Richard III. Hes currently doing a British independent film as well, so hes not turning down British work. I suspect hes pretty devastated, Freeman and Cumberbatch being chose over him for his ideal part.
I honestly get the impression that Richard thought he'd get a lot more work after the hobbit, and that hes disapointed by the lack of offers. I doubt his break in work was down to choice.
- Cumberbatch isn't getting that much Hollywood work, either. It's tough these days.
- Yeah, r570, that BBC 2 announcement about Cumberbatch was completely and cringeworthily over the top, but the British media always does that with one of their own.
- R570 Ditto. Scoring a good job is extremely hard these days, even for top players. The best bet seems to be some long term role on a major network or a comic book role with gazillion sequels and prequels.
- I wonder if Armitage has tried to get US television work?
- R573, I read somewhere that Armitage and Pace both went to Hollywood for pilot season. Lee was offered "Halt and Catch Fire", Richard didn't get anything.
Armitage has been speaking about producing, so I'm wondering if he is starting to realize he's a hot guy with some talent, but not going to be a big star. No matter how much the RA Army wants him to be.
Oh, have to add that I'm seeing more and more RA fans "coming out", or maybe I should say coming to terms with the fact that the man is not straight. Good for you, ladies!
- And yet Ben Whishaw, the openly gay actor, has some great projects ahead on his IMDB.
- Ben Whishaw is a world-class actor, and he's out. Two things these guys aren't (if in fact Armitage is even gay or bi).
- Props to the moderator of RA Confessions for posting this:
"Some fans are vehemently opposed to the idea that Richard could be gay. Now this happens in every fandom, but I feel there is something particular about the RA fandom, where some fans are just completely closed off to the idea and scarily, fiercely protective of his heterosexuality. These people would rather believe that he is ‘asexual’ or ‘hasn’t found the right woman yet’, even though statistically the chance of Richard being gay is greater than either of those. Basically in this fandom there can be no civil discourse where that issue is concerned."
"We can all argue to death over the issue, and both sides have some good ammunition for their defense. But no matter how many confessions I publish, will we ever come to a conclusion? No. Not unless Richard says “Sorry, I’m gay, your chance of getting with me just went from 0 to negative percent.” Or “What is all the fuss about? I’m straight, just married to my work.” Or “Yes, I’m straight, except my sword is so large and long I can only do anal and that’s where Lee Pace comes in.”
- I've always wondered why he's not getting much good work, or work at all. The Hobbit was huge obviously but it doesn't look like it's opened any doors for him. He's ridiculously hot with that voice of his and reasonably talented and I can't think why not much has happened for him. Possibly he doesn't have the 'posh boy' Cumberbatch connections?
- I always assumed he got that storm movie because of the New Line/Hobbit connection.
I would have thought that this would open a few more doors for him as well, but I guess not.
I'm also thinking he's doing some smaller projects in the US to fulfill work Visa requirements, not just for the money.
- See 1:20 of the video, Armitage seems always avoid mentioning Pace in any occasions. I remember during tweeter Q&A for DOS, there were several questions about Thranduil and Pace which he did not respond to any of them. But Luke Evans, he answered several questions about the elven king and the actor. If I did not see the two pictures of Armitage and Pace with children, I was almost going to convince myself that they might hate each other. Hehehe...
- Where is this bare ass and speedo?
And a glimpse of balls.
- Thank you, R583/R584
- Yes thank you for those pics. Richard has a cute ass.
- In a interview that was posted here, he really wanted to play Richard III since he was named after him. I'm sure he's disappointed by not getting the role but he's the type of person who'll rather have steady work. He also expressed interesting in directing but i'm sure he'll pursue that when he's older.
I think a few mini series or a franchise would be more suited for him.
He would actually make a good Dr. Strange if he's looking for a comic franchise.
- Why do the women over on IMDB fuss over EVERY single career choice he makes?
It's his fucking life, they should let him live it!
- I think his career is over and the only thing left for him will be playing gay uncles on British TV comedies. He has chosen love over his acting career by continuing with the clohes sharing in public. I hope it will be worth it for him in the future. It must be real love. He must be really happy with LP.
- R590 Really? No one wants to cast him because he share clothes with LP? Oh well. Let's hope LP is at least decent enough to marry him so he could obtain green card. ;)
- Lol r589.
It's almost time for a new thread.
Hope one of you bitches can post more bare ass photos to kick it off.
- R589 LOL don't be so retarded.
- How long before LP dumps him? Maybe RA can keep the clothes tho.
- Maybe they already broke up and he just stole that jacket.
- R593 I suspect they're in it for the long haul. Why does everyone think that lee will/should be the one or dump Richard? Lee is closeted too. Richard keeping his private life private doesn't make him a bad person and it doesn't mean he deserves to be dumped. Judging how they have both become even more private and cagey about their personal life and lee giving up hobbit promotion I get the impression it'll be long term.
- I agree with you