- I forgot to watch, but will check next week when he is on again. I saw some pictures, and he is definitely looking his age. But then again, I thought he was losing his hotness around S4 of QAF.
- I thought they were going to bring him back to Desperate Housewives?
- I agree R1 and no they shipped his character off to Canada R4.
- He''s still hot, but obviously his career is NOT!
From Showtime, to ABC, to...CW?!
- I never thought Gale was hot in QAF. Too butch for me.
- Loved him in QAF.
- what is hellcats?
- His moobs are EN FUEGO!
- VERY HOT!!
- Too thin, he had a nice ass years ago, now he''s assless
- I thought he looked quite hot. Yeah, he''s older than when he first played Brian Kinney but I still want him in me quite deeply.
- The way he talked and presented himself in the classroom scenes was too much. There are subtle ways of portraying a pompous ass, but I don''t think he knows any of them. It''s like he''s whacking the viewer on the head with a rolled up newspaper and calls it serious acting.
- I agree the classroom scene was not subtle but then I think he is still figuring out who the character is, we''ll see. It''s good to see him on screen again.
- r12, his ass is still great, I''d love to lick it all
- Mmmmm me too
- [quote]then I think he is still figuring out who the character is\
Honey, it''s the CW. It ain''t that deep.
- I know the show ain''t deep but I was talking about his approach to his acting, honey.
- His fans are moronic enough to actually believe he fucked that ratty blond fug-faced coworker, so I can see this show working out quite well for him.
- Do you mean Randy Harrison r20 or that chick in Hellcats?
- [quote]I know the show ain''t deep but I was talking about his approach to his acting, honey.\
And what I was saying is that since a show on the CW is by default a shallow piece of eye candy crap, none of the actors on any of them has a need to ''approach'' to their role. They stand in front of the camera, say their lines and collect a check...honey. Gale is a smart guy, no doubt not wasting his energy on taking his character seriously in any way.
- I saw a little scene that he was in. He was stiff and awful. The dialogue was horrible.\
At least he was more entertaining on Desperate Housewives.
- Gsle Harold is an awful actor. Sorry, but it''s true.
- A friend once said he plays thoughtful as if the directions are to play constipated. After she said it, that was all I saw.
- If he was a smart guy R23 he wouldn''t have taken a role in this lame CW show + he wouldn''t be promoting it as heavily has he has, and he wouldn''t be telling interviewers that he read the script and it sounded interesting which is why he went for the audition. His acting has sucked since Queer as Folk. Maybe he was essentially playing himself in that, which is why he has sucked at everything else.
- I''ve never got the hate for him, unless it was directed at Brian Kinney, the character. Anyway, I think he is smart in that he needs to pay his bills so taking something that offers a low commitment while making the mortgage would seem to be astute. \
I don''t think he is a bad actor and I want to see if he can do something with this role.
- I get that he needs to pay his bills R28 - who doesn''t? I don''t hate him either - it''s just frustrating that his acting isn''t up to much, which kind of limits him to the creepy character he''s playing on Hellcats rather than something infinitely better.
- Actually, I''ve seen him in some things and really enjoyed his performance but cringed watching him in other projects. He was great as Brian Kinney, in my opinion, and I think he has talent to develop but I find the inconsistencies frustrating.
- [quote]From Showtime, to ABC, to...CW??\
I believe "Hellcats" is now the highest-rated show on The CW besides "Gossip Girl."
- Big deal R31 - you''re talking about the CW. What did you see him in that you really enjoyed R30? Last thing I saw him in was CSI New York and that was totally embarrassing.
- Top Model is ranking higher than Hellcats, R31.
- I actually saw him onstage in LA in a production of Orpheus Descending at the start of the year. That CSI NY thing was dreadful, I agree.
- R26''s friend nailed it. Actually, Gale has a few annoying tics that he falls back on over and over, like the fluttering eyelids and sucked in lips he employed often in QAF.%0D\
I''m almost embarrassed to try to catch him in the Hellcats show because it''s aimed at those under 22. Outside of his fans, I have a feeling that most people watching Hellcats are too young to know who the hell he is.%0D\
He''s really promoting the show? Too bad he thought he was above it all when he actually was the star of a show in his QAF days.%0D\
- Is his house still on the market, or was it finally sold, and if so, for how much? Did he make a profit or lose money in this economy?
Elaine Young, Realtor to the Stars
- r27, I totally agree.\
He was a God in making out with guys, hope Julian is gay too so we''ll have another amazing performance.
- He took it off the market, r36. I think what he was asking for it was just too much with the economy the way it is.
- So is he in the show as a regular?
- I read that he is only on for a certain number of episodes.
- A girl''s gotta eat.
- I thought Gale was going to be on tonight''s episode, so I turned it on, half paying attention. Well, he wasn''t on. But after seeing one episode, there is no way he didn''t take that gig for a buck. I mean seriously, I don''t think it would keep the attention of a 12 year old.%0D\
Nothing wrong with getting himself a paycheck, but it''s kind of sad if he is really going around saying he was attracted to that role and that''s why he auditioned. On the plus side, there are so many bad, wooden actors on the show, he doesn''t have to worry about standing out if he gives a bad performance.
- Didn''t know he was trying to sell his house R36 and R38. What was it like?
Looking for a house
- He put it on the market in Oct of 2009, r43. It''s a 2 family house. I guess that''s why he was asking a bit more for it. I believe he was asking 1.3 million. I don''t remember exactly when he took it off the market. It was maybe 5 or 6 months ago.%0D\
It''s not that big of a place. There''s the one bedroom and a room where he has weights set up and another room that''s an office. I have a pic of the outside and a pic of his bedroom from when it was listed online on the real estate site.
- You guys are unbelievable; why are you bashing the poor guy for??? At least he has a job how many actors in this economic climate can claim the same?
- He might not have a job much longer; the ratings keep going down on the show. It doesn''t matter because he is only a guest star anyway.%0D\
I quit wasting time at Gale''s IMDB board, but I ''m tempted because knowing that crowd they are probably jumping through hoops of fire talking about how Gale''s 5 minutes every other show is the most important part of the show and what a magnificant performance he''s giving.
- It''s magnificent.
- [quote]You guys are unbelievable; why are you bashing the poor guy for??? At least he has a job how many actors in this economic climate can claim the same?\
I''m guessing you wandered in from some kinder, gentler site, because no veteran DLer would ask such questions. This is Datalounge; we bash, therefore we are.\
[quote]I quit wasting time at Gale''s IMDB board, but I ''m tempted because knowing that crowd they are probably jumping through hoops of fire talking about how Gale''s 5 minutes every other show is the most important part of the show and what a magnificant performance he''s giving.\
Ducdebrabant leading the charge, no doubt. Some of the biggest freaks I''ve ever encountered on the internet make their home on that board.
- You must have been there then R46 because that''s exactly what they''re doing on his IMDB board. He''s the hottest most talented actor that ever walked on water and they''re all madly promoting the hell out of the show hoping that he''ll continue to be in it.
- They probably think he''s going to start making out with one of his fellow male actors. Wouldn''t even be hot if he did -- the sell-by date has long been expired.
- Yeah, I doubt even delusional fraus on IMDb think that Gale Harold will be making out with men on the CW. At least he has a job. I''d like to see him in an actual show.
- r49 LOL , nothing more true.
- Apparently he''s in Hellcats again tonight. I didn''t actually think he was too bad so we''ll see...
- Er, I meant tomorrow...
- Hard for me to say because I''ve one of those guys who have never found the guy remotely appealing.
- Finally caught a scene that Gale was in tonight(btw, the show is about as exciting as watching paint dry), and alas, the bloom is off the rose.
- Totally agree R56 - the show is laughable at best. He must really need the money, and yes alas the bloom is definitely gone.
- The show is pap but Gale looks good. In fact, I''d say he looks a lot better than the last season of QAF when the bloat was on his face. He''s not a bad actor either, I think it is good that he''s working.
- I watched Gale''s episodes last night... He''s going to hook up with his cheerleader student, right?
- He''s older hot. %0D\
- I like the term "yesterhot".%0D\
Gale did look like crap in the last season of QAF. Glad someone finally acknowledged it.%0D\
He''s a handsome older guy. But face it, if this was most of his fans'' first exposure to him, his fanclub would be significantly less.
- "I think he has talent to develop but I find the inconsistencies frustrating."\
Yeah, I agree. I don''t get it either. What exactly goes on in his mind that leads him to be sooo bad at times and quite good at others? That inconsistency probably has hurt his career more than anything. If I was a producer i would be nervous about hiring him.
- His trainer had tried to add some muscle bulk, and it made his body look great, but it made his face look bloated. That haircut was hideous as well.
- I agree his face did look bloated but why would that happen just from weight training R63. Hair was really bad season 5 but gorgeous in seasons 1-3, but then so was he - now not so much.
Tired as fuck
- He looked like walking death in a candid photo taken sometime this summer.
- Post the photo then R63
- My guess is that the face bloat came from just eating more to put on overall bulk. He''s so thin he would definitely have to up his caloric intake to build muscle. he probably lost it all in a matter of months too.
- Weight training doesn''t cause bloat. Something happened in S4. I know they probably tried to make him look bad for that ridiculous cancer storyline, but he didn''t revert back to hot in S5. He actually became thinner than ever at the beginning of S3 than in the first 2 seasons, but the face was still beautiful.%0D\
- This thread is teetering perilously close to fangurldom. Let''s face facts - the man can''t act. Brian Kinney was nothing more than a smirk and a blow job, and that''s all he''s capable of. He got Desperate Housewives because Marc Cherry had a hard-on for him, and then the motorcycle accident ended that gig. Now he takes whatever job he can get - you don''t see him in movies or starring in another series, do you?
The Boys over at WMA
- Not a fangirl but I''ve actually seen him act on stage and he was very good. I think it''s a case of the right role and he had one in Brian Kinney and needs another.\
The role in QAF was more than a smirk and a blowjob if you had ever watched it. It''s so easy to dismiss, like saying Don Draper is a cigarette and glass of whisky.\
He''s one of my under the radar actors.
- Check this stud out. You''re welcome!
- I agree with most of what R69 says. I don''t think Gale will be starring in movies or television, but he will be a guest star on various shows, and he will continue in independent movies, like he always has. Except for his short lived FOX show all his roles have been guest star since QAF. He probably will also have more theater roles, as he still can bring in his fanbase to see him.%0D\
Someone who can really act can make something of any role he''s given. Gale can''t do that, that''s why I don''t consider him a good actor. Look at Robert Downey Jr.. When he was trying to make a comeback he had to take all kinds of roles, and he was good in all of them.
- I didn''t say weight training caused the bloat idiot. I said eating more to put on weight did.
- Someone who eats more to put on muscle bulk is not going to get a bloated face, o.k.? Now stop being such a grumpy bitch.
- Still haven''t got to the bottom of the face bloat then? He was on Hellcats again last night - for all of 1 minute or so. No face bloat, but really stiff and self-conscious acting. I think it''s all over for him.
Sick as a parrot
- The bloating and physical issues could well be caused by whatever drugs he''s taking to manage the problems he has from his motorcycle accident, which was much worse than he and his people let on.\
And yeah, he''s just collecting a check on this show and probably also trying to prove to industry doubters that he''s in good enough shape to work.
- The conversation was about how bloated his face looked in the last season of QAF which was five years ago! He doesn''t look anything like that now.\
Oh, r76 you sound like a real insider just how much worse was Gale''s accident than he and his people let on?
- Face bloat is from booze.
- Gale is much more of a pothead than a boozer.%0D\
His motorcycle accident was serious, but he seemed to bounce back pretty fast. He was back on DH before the end of the season in which he had the accident. He was in a play where he was one of the leads, something that would seem fairly impossible if he wasn''t in good health. %0D
- Face bloat is from weight gain. He was heavier overall the last year on QAF. He''s very small boned. The extra weight didn''t suit his face.
- Hot. Was that the original question?
- You know what GH needs? To go on the Vampire Diaries
- Gale starred in a 99-seat theater run of Tennessee Williams'' Orpheus Descending last January. The play was a 2 hour+ live performance with rapid-fire dialogue. It was a physically- demanding role that involved two choreographed fight scenes, one where he jumped up on furniture and a bar counter-top. If he has any lingering issues from his accident, they sure weren''t evident in speech, memory or agility nine months ago.
- r83 - one of the crazy fangurls from the IMBD board. Get a life.
- He doesn''t look that small boned to me R80. Agree he needs to go the vampire diaries R82.
No fangurl here
- I think he''s hot, no matter what or who he''s in.
- Vampire Diaries? Pfft. You can''t look older than 25 year to be on that show.%0D\
He could be on True Blood if he could act.
- He''s a bit long in the fangs for True Blood, also.
- Stephen Moyer is almost the same age as Gale.
- And so much hotter...........
Luurve Stephen Moyer
- R87 He could be Caroline''s gay dad.
- Gale is gorgeous.%0D\
The hate usually comes from the same pack of overweight basement dwellers who''d fall to their knees if Gale walked in. Hell, they''d fall on their knees for any man since they''ve never had one.
- Really R92? Sounds more like his fanbase, especially those at IMDB which is where you %0D\
should trot back to right now.%0D\
- Is he still on this show? Is the show still on? Yeah, I know, google it...
- Caught a rerun of this the other day. Gale Harold was a. good (in terms of acting) and b. very hot, I was surprised at how good he looks, mmmmm
- Gale Harold is very hot. Don''t understand the hate; think it must be his denial that he is gay.
- I wish he was gay. I just watched the eps he was in before they had the seasonal break. Grrrrr none of that bloated face from S5 of QAF and hot squad bod. Plus, he was funny. Looks like he''ll be on this show as a guest into the new year from the promo.
- He''s gorgeous. Thought so watching him on QAF and think the same now.
- He''s living with that Yara girl.
- Who r99? What?
- Yara Martinez, r100. She''s an actress and was in Vanished with Gale. She played his ex-wife on the show. And I do think they live together now, like r99 said.
- How would anyone know that?
- I think Yara is common knowledge to Gale fans. There''s no confirmation that they live together. Gale was going to sell his house last year (October 2009) and then he took it off the market about 6 or 7 months ago. I don''t remember when exactly. He might''ve decided not to sell it and asked Yara to move in with him instead.
- I''m shocked the show is making into the new year. The ratings are awful and going down by the week.%0D\
Gale is only a guest star on the show, and one of the old guys. It must be weird going from the hot young star of one show for five years to the "old man" surrounded by a bunch of cheerleaders.
- Have they done publicity about dating each other or something? He used to never talk about his personal life.
- No publicity that I''ve heard. It''s only known because there are pictures of them together at various events in the last couple of years.
- I fell for GH watching QAF because of his aloofness. He just happened to look hot, too,
- R69 right on point and what''s with the gorgeous shit he will NEVER be with any one of you I''m sure he don''t want you unless you are Asian it seem these days, and where are all the movies he made?
- Asian? Are you referring to Yara? If so, she''s not Asian.
- She is CUBAN, bitch! Actually, she is the WASPiest looking Cuban I''ve ever seen.
- I see he is still appearing on this for a few minutes every now and then. At least it might pay his insurance/pension dues or whatever.
- He''s actually got a big part coming up where he makes out with that blonde bimbo student.%0D\
I saw an episode the other night and it was so laughable I was expecting all the actors to burst into fits of giggles whilst attempting their lines.%0D\
Why the hell is gale acting in this? Is he that desperate for cash?
- From Showtime to the CW...his career is cleary going places.
- Gale and Yara haven''t been seen together R106 since that play he did in LA in January 2010. She''s not been present at a number of events he''s been seen at since then, including the last GLEH event. %0D\
Hellcats is such a lame ass show - he''s not hot in that he''s just embarrassing and even looks embarrassed - particularly in that last episode where he was playing the guitar. How the mighty have fallen. He must be really desperate for cash. Perhaps that''s why he was trying to sell his house.
- Money has to be the only reason he''s in this rubbish. I feel sorry for him, because I''m sure he knows it''s rubbish,too.
- Was the latest episode the last one (where they all sat together and sang this folk song together) from the series/season? It''s mildly amusing at times. I like the female coach love triangle with the sports coach and the doctor best somehow.
- Yes that''s the one R116. It was really cringeworthy - terrible lines, badly delivered by all. Total drivel. Shame really, he could have done better things, but can''t see that happening now. I feel sorry for him too.
- Watch this E!News interview with Gale; is he trying to convince the viewers that Hellcats is a good show? Or himself?
He sounds like he doesn''t believe half the stuff he''s saying. Love the ''attractive people'' part....your publicist told you to say ''attractive women'' Gale. Make it gender specific,we need to believe you totally fancy all those cheerleaders!%0D\
- OOps! Here''s the link
- Gale has a movie out now in very limited release, "Fertile Ground". He co-stars with the woman who played Alice on The L Word.%0D\
Hellcats ratings continue to be in the toilet. It''s only chance for survival from what I''ve read is that it does slightly better than whatever bomb that was in its place last year on the CW, and that now that Smallville is ending the network is hard pressed for new shows.%0D\
His career is what it, and is what it''s going to be. He probably will continue as an ensemble player on television, appear in some indie films and act in plays at theaters that will hire him to put asses in the seats of shows that would otherwise go half empty.%0D\
I couldn''t find the non existing link at R118, but came across this. Are we sure that Gale recovered from his head accident or is he just drunk?
- R118 here - Does this link work?%0D\
Sometimes I think he''s playing around with his interviewers...other times I think he''s just stoned.
- It works. %0D\
''It''s always good to be on a successful show''%0D\
Not always, Gale!
- Why is everyone so harsh on Gale around here?
- Have you not been reading the previous posts R124?
- God that''s sad! He''s pretending to like cheerleaders half his age in an effort to boost ratings for his craptastic show.
- OTOH, being on a show with a bunch of hot young women might have other compensations for Gale.
- I hope besides the need of money, that a bunch of young women , and men ;) are compensations for Gale, because from QAF and Vanished he collects craps roles ...Why ? he is not a so bad actor , he just needs a good role in a good show.
- His Jackson character on DH was starting to pick up steam and then he had that motorcycle accident. That could have been his big comeback.
- The QAF residuals must amount to a tidy sum.
- The Jackson character was never going to be permanent, but obviously he lost what time he was going to have on that show when he had the motorcycle accident.
- Jackson was the most stupid character of DH ! please you really think he could get something great after that ?%0D
- The Jackson character was giving him a higher profile because it was the new love interest for the main character on a top 10 show. So what if it was stupid? It was a stepping stone to bigger things and he was getting a lot of attention then. I remember the buzz in the media over how hot Gale as Jackson was especially from the women reporters. \
I''m amazed with these stupid moronic QAF fans who objected to him being on DH. Move along, the guy can''t be Brian Kinney forever. It''s a matter of timing, folks. The golden ring was there at a critical time but unfortunately, he got in this accident. Now look where he''s landed. On a fucking show no one watches.
- After QAF he had a very good role on a very good show , Vanished . We ''ll never know what happened ...for DH he was not expected to stay permanently, his accident was not the cause . Now it''s getting worse and worse.%0D
- I thought he was terrible as Jackson on DH! He had zero chemistry with Teri Hatcher and his acting was laughable. In QAF he was good tho.
- I hope R112 (and R113, R115, 118, 119, 120, 122-126 and 130) are having fun, both with their multiple personalities answering each other and their complete ignorance of troll-dar.
- Actually, I was poster #126 and I am most def. not a troll. And I still don''t get what the big deal about GH is. He was hot on qaf but that was 10 years ago now.
- Good news for Gale fans. It looks like this show is being renewed after all.
- Gale Harold at Elton John''s Oscar bash the other night looking decidedly g-a-y. No beard either.
- He doesn''t look gay, but all the other male guests do.
- Here he is looking cozy with some guy at Elton''s party.
- Who is that guy Gale is with, and more importantly, how did Gale get into Elton John''s party in the first place?
- Yeah, that must be his boyfriend. *eye roll* Honestly, you don''t think he''d go for someone hotter than that?
- Brian sure didn''t.
- Aww! I think that guy would make a nice boyfriend, but then my standards are kinda low right now....
- I think you have to pay to get into Elton''s party ''cos it''s for charity...
- R144 made me laugh. %0D\
That guy kind of looks like that twink who is currently Calvin Klein''s boyfriend.
- Well, if the other pic wasn''t g-a-y enough here''s another one of him snuggling up to a blond twink1
- That''s the same picture R141 posted.
- Apologies! It looks like Gale is about to come out the closet, finally. Bravo!
- You''re an idiot R150.
- Such a witty risposte! Let me guess r151, you''re an imdb fangfrau who believes Gale Harold lives with some D-List actress, am I right?
- You''re crazy if you think this is anything other than another dose of gay friendly (with a touch of gay baiting) behavior from Mr. Harold.
- Wow, such amazing powers of insight you have R152! Why don''t you release the choke hold you have on your dick long enough to let some blood flow back to your brain? Gale''s pics will still be there for you to cum on another day, I promise.
- Why would Gale come out? He''s not gay!
- r154 I think I was right on the money with my assessment of you. Go back to imdb and talk about how Gale is wearing his hair these days.\
r155 - really?
- You''re an idiot as well, R156.
- Really, 155! He''s said he''s straight, what more do you want? He can''t ''come out'' if he''s straight can he?
- Gale straight ???
- Well, do you have any proof that he''s anything other than hetero, R156?
- Thank god you authenticated, R155. DL can''t have too many brain-dead, homophobic, cunty straight girls joining.
- Sorry to disappoint, but I''m neither brain-dead nor am I homophobic. I''m simply asking why you''re so convinced Gale is gay when he has always stated otherwise. That is all.
- Yeah R163 and people never lie, do they? They always speak the truth. In fact, we don''t even know why the words lying or hypocrisy appear in the dictionary.
- The question of Gale''s sexuality has not been definitively answered since he came to public attention in 1999 or whatever year QAF started.%0D\
If it needs to be rehashed for the 100th time, at least don''t get all pissed and angry about it.
- Back in 2002 Gale said, ''I''m straight.I''m begrudgingly revealing it''. I''d say that''s pretty damn definitive!
just stating the facts
- Straight - LMFAO! He''s bi at best. You''re obviously a total fangurl/IMDB troll who doesn''t want to believe that the object of your obsession could possibly like cock. Begrudgingly revealing his supposed straightness was probably a response to constantly being asked about his sexuality and also I suspect it wasn''t actually true. Like R163 pointed out, people never lie do they? Especially aspiring actors who don''t want to hurt their potential careers. Not that his ever came to much.
Fed up with fangurls
- Exactly! Begrudgingly revealing he was straight whilst high during an interview. He''s probably bi or just not ready to commit to cock.
- Just to put it in context: Gale "begrudgingly" revealed he was straight in the early days of QAF. Apparently either he and/or the producers wanted to keep the sexuality of the actor who played Brian on the QT.
- R137 I''m not a fangurl or an IMDB troll. Just because Gale played a gay character doesn''t mean he''s gay in real life - no matter how much you want him to be!
fed up with those who can''t see the truth
- And yet you sound exactly like one R170 - and I''m not R137, but R167 - however that slip is understandable as you were obviously in a fangurly sweat trying to defend your idol''s sexuality. Frankly I couldn''t care less if he''s gay or not given that I''m never likely to meet him, nor would I even want to. Still don''t think he''s straight though - sorry, and it''s nothing to do with the fact that he played a gay character.
- This is the line Gale''s publicist fed afterelton a few years back:%0D\
"Gale never responds to inquiries about his sexual orientation, he finds it very offensive to even be asked if he''s straight or gay. It has no bearing on the work he''s doing." %0D\
- There was a link about this in another post:%0D\
- That link doesn''t work for me.
- This was from that other thread when Gale "revealed" he was straight.\
''So the first real question I ask the rising star, when we met on a brisk afternoon at a quaint wine bar in the West Village, was, appropriately, "Gay or straight?" He takes a bite of his goat cheese panini and points to my tape recorder, motioning me to shut it off. We sit in silence. He turns his head away, rests his square-toed brown boots on the window ledge, and contemplates.\
"I can''t figure out what to do with this question. Most of the gay men I work with assume I''m straight, so..." More silence. He sips his merlot and eventually continues. "It''s funny. No, it''s just...trying to answer this question is hilarious." "But you didn''t answer," I probe. More silence. "I''m straight. I''m begrudgingly revealing it. I guess it''s just that I was thinking which publication I should reveal this to," he finally admits, as if being straight is a crime. He''s also single.''
- He may say his straight but his actions and photos scream gay.
- I never thought Gale was particularly gay or "gay acting" when he was playing Brian Kinney. However, in the years since I think he comes off as gay when he is being interviewed or posing. Strange.
- I don''t know if he''s gay or straight, but the scenario at R175 certainly indicates he is a drama queen.
- Your options are setting up a logical fallacy, r178; Gale is either bi or straight.
- Yeah he definitely is that R178.\
I lean towards bi, rather than gay. But he''s one of those guys where it''s: if he isn''t gay, he [italic]should[/italic] be. If that makes any sense.
- I was just trying to have a little fun R179.
- LMAO R178!! He''s a total drama queen - ''Turn the tape recorder off!'' ''I can''t figure out what to do with your question!''%0D\
I read somewhere else that he''d already given an interview saying he was straight 6 months before the ''I''m begrudgingly revealing I''m straight'' interview....maybe he changed his mind in the ensuing months?;)
he''s probably bi
- Or he was high and forgot what he said in the previous interview! Whether or not he is gay or bi or straight is his business after all. I just wish he''d be in some better projects.
- You don''t think Hellcats is a good project?! lol
- certainly not! and the next neither !poor Gale , but he always ''ll have fans ( fanatic)
- Well he''s sticking with the CW - he''s just been cast in a supporting role (sigh) in Kevin Williamson''s new pilot.
- what''s the pilot about?
- It''s about teen witches R188. He plays the father of one of them and is a warlock apparently. Guess this means that his career is officially in the toilet - relegated to playing minor roles in teen shows on the CW. Poor guy.
- Only Gale knows his true sexual orientation -- or he doesn't. Yeah, it's that simple and that complicated. Sophie, do you always believe everything at face value? As others pointed out, in those interviews, Gale first tried to avoid the question then said he's "begrudgingly revealing I'm straight."
Does this even somewhat remind you of Brian Kinney's line "It's not a lie if they make you lie"? Now answer me this, what is a person who is not out supposed to reply when asked the "are you gay or straight?" question. And, while we're at it how is a person who is confused or bi supposed to answer it if they don't think it's anybody's business? (Which, in reality it isn't!!!)
I'm so sick of reading all the "Gale is straight because he said so in interviews" crap. Read between the lines and think about WHY someone is possibly saying something without jumping to conclusions or making assumptions!
I remember the Larry King interview and having to make myself keep watching it when Larry was being such an assclown by demanding in a barking voice of all the male cast members "Are you gay or straight" before he even asked them anything else. It was comical though when he mixed everyone's answers and names up because at the time Bobby Gant was not out, and sadly was forced like Gale and how many other celebs to say he was straight.
But then when Larry got mixed up after prefacing every question to them still -- "Youre gay right? What did you think of this scene..." or "Youre straight. Did you find this scene with another man difficult...?" Bobby came up with what I think he must have spent some time thinking when Larry said "You're gay right?" when Gant had just minutes ago had to say he was straight. Now he was being asked point blank. I loved his answer and I think Gale did too -- if you watch the interview you can see Gale's look of recognition when Gant replied "Actually the jury's not out on that yet."
Great answer! (It's funny because when I saw Gale's expression my take was that Gale was thinking, hey, that's a good one, I wish I would have thought of that instead of all the crap answers I've tried to spit out) LOL
- Stop bashing Gale! At least he's working. And he's still gorgeous -- beyond gorgeous. Yeah, he's getting older -- we all are. The guy's doing what he can in rough times. I wish too that he was on something else -- even the name, "Hellcats" is well, embarrassing IMHO. And I wish he would have a gay part, but he doesn't write the stuff, although maybe he should LOL:
If we're talking interviews, how about where he actually wishes he could have played Brian Kinney even "dirtier"? LOL -- Come on, you gotta love the guy. He is different and beautiful still! Here's the quote:
"There was an attraction," Harold concedes, when asked if the chance to play a sexual hunter-gatherer like Brian Kinney--as far from the 'gay upstairs neighbor' as possible--appealed to him. "Another attraction was that it was an interesting story. It wasn't West Hollywood 90210, which I never would have been called in for. I'm not that 'type.'"
Harold's initial take was that the character would best be played as "a cross between Lou Reed and Oscar Wilde, with a gold tooth, and go completely over the top with it. Now we know that I can't do that," he says mischievously, "though I still think that's how it should be done. It would be a lot dirtier. But he's not allowed to be that." Nor does he buy into the notion that Brian is a pure predator. "You have to like your character, because if you don't, no one else will either. And if the point of the show is to create a character that nobody likes and everybody hates, that would be the way to go. Make him a predator. But I liked Stuart [the character upon whom Brian is based]! I liked the guy."
Hmmmm, see Sophie -- "Lou Reed, Oscar Wilde and wanting to play Kinney "a lot dirtier."
Okay, I really love the guy! Gale Harold is still hot at 40+
- R190 - I''ve watched that Larry King interview many times (mainly for that beautiful smile Gale gives after Randy whispers ILY;)and I have no idea what ''look of recognition'' you''re talking about....Gale isn''t on screen at all when bobby''s being interviewed...I''ve attached the link for you.%0D\
Perhaps you''re thinking of someone/something else?
I''m begrudgingly revealing this....
- Hate to break it to you, but you''re not seeing the whole interview. That''s You Tube for ya! Did you ever see the whole interview on TV when it originally aired? Cuz I did and taped it on my VCR (back in the day LOL!) to watch many times too -- the whole interview. And I loved Randy''s "I love you" to Gale. I had to turn up my old TV soooo loud to hear what Randy was whispering offstage to Gale onstage that I thought my neighbor was going to complain. LOL
- I didn''t watch it at the time, R193, but I did order a DVD of the episode from CNN a year later, and it''s exactly the same as what''s on YouTube. In the version I''ve got Larry doesn''t ask Bobby ''are you gay?'' and there''s no pan to Gale - he doesn''t feature at all after Larry''s finished interviewing him.%0D\
Larry does ask Bobby about what it''s like for him to play a gay man and he replies that ''the jury''s still out on that''.....is it before or after that? I wish I knew what you were talking about! I wonder why they cut it out, and what other stuff my DVD is missing?!
curioser and curioser...
- Okay, well like I said, what I thought Gale was thinking by his expression was totally "my take" as I said. I would never assume to know what anyone was actually thinking -- especially someone like Gale lol.\
This was so long ago now and I no longer have the tape etc. so maybe I just wasn''t seeing things straight -- pun intended! (;
- And... just my opinion, but I agree with others on here who think Gale is gay and think that the interviews and photos support this.\
I also think Gale is hot and agree that there wouldn''t be as many "haters" if he was out and/or making out with guys instead of cheerleaders on Hell Cats. (Oh why do I cringe in embarrassment at the show title Hell Cats? STILL I admire Gale''s work ethic A LOT -- you gotta get what you can for jobs sometimes.)\
My neighbor spent so much time and money to earn a great degree in criminal justice with super high marks, but he''s finally had to take some laborer work. He won''t give up though and neither should the uniquely hot Gale Harold!
- Gale Harold will always be my "Hellcat." He can fuck like a tiger, baby, and do me any time (as long as this bf never finds out) -- I lose sooo many that way as I can''t "resist" Gale whenever he wants me!
- Fouryou - why do you think Gale is gay? What has he said or done to make you think that?%0D\
As far as I know he dated a Canadian singer by the name of Kim Bingham during the folk years, and he''s currently rumored to be dating Yara Martinez....perhaps he''s bi?
- Hate to say this but he''s looking kinda old in this latest pic
- That''s a pretty awful picture - and what''s with the hideous bandana?
- Well duh he *IS* getting older -- but is still hot IMHO. He''s morphing a bit into sort of a Richard Dean Anderson look -- who btw, I also find hot.
- Richard Dean Anderson?? No way!
- Gale has a warmth to him I like better than the chilliness of Richard Dean Anderson but both are attractive older guys.
- Well I finally got around to watching Hell Cats. It''s a horrid teen thing, but Gale is okay in it. The problem, I think, is he has to play this stuffy, straight law professor with badly written lines and a cliched storyline.\
Gales''s doing the best he can with what is there. As the other thread said, it''s his agent who needs his ass kicked!
- This guy is Gale''s boyfriend. %0D\
Apparently Gale is the "twink" in this relationship. This is the guy who attended Randy''s play with Gale and who sat in the back corner of the dark theater.%0D\
As for Gale begrudgingly admitting he''s straight. That could mean he''s begrudgingly admitting he''s straight. Do you know what I mean?
- Poor guy. Anyone M or F he stands next to in a photo or is seen with more than twice is an assumed significant other in Frauville.
- No way will I ever believe that guy is Gale''s boyfriend!
- This is crazy, but for some reason I actually do believe it!
- Actually R208, so do I. Stephen Kijak, the tall guy that was with him in the back corner of a dark theatre, whoever..... I''ve never thought he was straight - begrudgingly admitting it is right, it''s because it''s not true.
- ITA 209 - begrudgingly revealing you''re straight doesn''t exactly sound like you''re confident about it - it sounds like you''re being forced to say it or something, know what I mean?
- I have to agree, r206. People are so quick to assume that this guy and Gale are together just because they were seen at two separate places together. This is how rumors start and it''s just ridiculous in my opinion. I mean, does anyone have any actual proof that they''re a couple? I didn''t think so.
- No, the "begrudgingly admitting he''s straight" comment from Gale could mean that he begrudgingly admitting it because he''s not really straight...that he''s only "admitting" it because that''s what he''s SUPPOSED to do.\
I always thought that if Gale were gay, he would admit it because he doesn''t seem to buy into the fakeness of the Hollywood world. He doesn''t seem to care all that much what others think... and that goes for whether he''s gay or straight. In addition, he pays a lot of attention to the political landscape and has no problem voicing his opinions on that matter. \
But, you never know. He could''ve rationalized that by claiming he is straight, he''s contributing even more to the evolution of gay rights because if a straight guy can fuck another guy like there is no tomorrow and lick a guy''s asshole, claiming it tastes like cumin, the line between homosexuality and heterosexuality is, indeed, very thin. \
This way, he can live with himself and at the same time, hope for a decent career.
- ... or he could really be straight.
hard to believe i no
- Don''t forget that before he "begrudgingly" admitted he was straight, he first asked for the tape recorder to be turned off before saying he never knew how to answer the question. \
No one should ever have to answer nosy questions like that. So whatever he had to do he had to do.
- But he''d already said he was straight in two previous interviews before the infamous interview where he "begrudgingly" revealed he was straight and said that "most of the gay men I work with assume I''m straight"....sounds to me like he is/was a teensy bit confused about his sexuality....
what do i know?
- Here''s an excerpt from the 2002 interview:%0D\
So the first real question I ask [Gale Harold] when we met on a brisk afternoon at a quaint wine bar in the West Village, was, appropriately, "Gay or straight?" He takes a bite of his goat cheese panini and points to my tape recorder, motioning me to shut it off. We sit in silence. He turns his head away, rests his square-toed brown boots on the window ledge, and contemplates. %0D\
"I can''t figure out what to do with this question. Most of the gay men I work with assume I''m straight, so..." More silence. He sips his merlot and eventually continues. "It''s funny. No, it''s just...trying to answer this question is hilarious." "But you didn''t answer," I probe. More silence. "I''m straight. I''m begrudgingly revealing it. %0D
Could he be any more evasive?
- When he told him to shut off the tape recorder and they sat in silence is when he told the interviewer that he''s actually bi.
- Interesting excerpt R217 - I think the guy''s a total moron.
- You''re welcome 219! Why do you think he''s a moron? Sorry, Total moron!
- Gale is not a moron!
- This thread is hilarious.\
Some public person found a way to deal with the nosy media and computer/mobile/cameras/internet equipped fanatics, somehow keeping his well deserved privacy intact. Here you can see, why he must act this way. Some random guy, very likely one of his (SF) gay friends or Kijak''s partner or a collegue he''s developing some film or art project with is seen with him twice during a film festival and voil%C3%A0 it becomes an undisputed fact for some that he is his partner.\
I highly respect Gale Harold for withstanding the public pressure and not revealing more private information.\
And who gives a shit whether he is gay or straight? None of our f*ing business.
- No one here said that it was "an undisputed fact" that the guy in the picture is Gale''s boyfriend, so relax. Some said they "think" that it could be the case while others said they don''t believe it''s true. \
And, yes, I think Gale''s really cool too!
- R205 states that the guy is his boyfriend and that Gale is the twink in the relationship. Sounds matter of fact to me.\
But I am relaxed. Thx for caring. :)
- 218 Are you making that up?!
I think he''s bi
- No, r225. I was friends with the interviewer at the time and I stated to him once that I thought Gale is bi and that''s when he told me what I said in my previous comment. I of course thanked him for confirming what I''d thought all along. lol
- Yes 218 is making it up.\
The interview reveal was reluctant because all the main cast members initially agreed not to answer questions about their own orientation. They didn''t want to distract media attention from the groundbreaking nature of the show by fielding the "how hard is it for you to simulate gay sex?" questions. Then Hal Sparks, probably terrified he''d not be getting any Canadian trim if thought to be gay, became first to proclaim his heterosexuality in all interviews given, even when the question wasn''t explicitly asked.
- R226 makes no sense to me. Why should Gale out himself to a reporter of all the people who than would go and print an outright lie? And why would the reporter lie for Gale in the first place?
- In journalism they don''t call it ''lying'' but ''on the record'' or ''off the record.''
- 226 - the reporter was a female not a male so clearly you are lying!!
- R230 -- What? R226 doesn''t mention whether the reporter is male or female...
- Of course he was male.\
R 226 says ''I stated to him'' and ''he told me''. If that''s not male I know nothing about guys. ;)
- The interview where Gale asked the journo to turn off the tape recorder was counducted by a *female* called Karen Rabinovitz for Flaunt magazine, so unless your friend has had a sex change in the intervening years I don''t think *he* told you anything and you made that story up!%0D\
Here''s a link:
- We''re talking about different interviews. My friend (who is male) did interview Gale. But the interview never made it to the press for some reason. He did record Gale and that is what Gale said to him. So there''s the explanation.
- Sorry! But it sounded like you were talking about the other interview...don''t suppose you can give any more goss about the interiview your friend did with Gale? What publication it was for etc?
I think he swings both ways,too
- That''s okay. I should be the one apologizing since I did make it sound like I was referring to the interview that was mentioned. The interview was done in Toronto during the second season of Queer as Folk.
- R234 and R236 And how should we all be here discussing an interview, that never made it to the press in the first place?\
Sorry, but this sounds like the weak cover-up for a made-up story.\
We are supposed to believe, that a man so intend on keeping up his privacy will confess his sexuality to a journo? And this juicy detail never sees the light of the day or becomes a Blind Item? Nah!\
Change of topic. Gale''s starmeter upped 111% this week on imdb. Seems The Secret Circle creates some waves.
- Yeah sounds dodgy to me - and you still didn''t mention the publication your journo friend supposedly worked for...
- He worked for the Toronto based magazine called Now.
- WTF is a star meter R237?
- R240 imdb''s starmeter reflects the search pattern of the imdb users. Roughly it shows the popularity of people over time and which events attract the publics interest. Check any actor and you''ll find it, when you scroll down the page. :)
- Not 240 here, but thanks for the info R241. So it took Gale being in a teen witch show to get his star meter so high? Sheesh and we wonder why his career has to go so "low" -- it''s what the people want I guess. I''d rather see him in something else.
- Any more info you can provide,R239? %0D\
I want to believe you, but I find it very hard to believe that the oh so private Gale would spill his guts to a journo like that....what made your friend so special?! lol%0D\
And why did the article never make it to print?
- YES! He is is still hot. But unfortunately the show is boring. Looking forward to see him an "The secret circle"
- What? No response!!
- The Secret Circle will be just as bad as Hellcats!
- as usual ! if Gale was a good actor everybody''ll know it even the creators .But Gale was very good as Brian Kinney , because he is one sort of BK. Being naked having sex is the only role where he is good ! not very wide possiblities...
- Being naked having sex is the only role where he is good ! not very wide possibilities. I SO agree,also if he was a good actor why did dh fuck him over his part on the show was of unimportant. and all these B movie the guy made where are they now????? what gale need to do is get tips in acting from his formal QAF cast mate.
- Hi 267\
His fans are moronic enough to actually believe he fucked that ratty blond fug-faced coworker, so I can see this show working out quite well for him.\
stop talking about your mother like that?
- Stats 101: Randy is not fugly -- he was #32 on the Top 100 Most Beautiful Gay Men list voted by gay men on After Elton.com -- Gale was #4.\
And a supposed QAF crew member (who does sound legit) posted on another thread on DL that Gale and Randy were lovers from about the middle of Season 1 to somewhere in Season 3, even when Randy had a boyfriend. The crew member also said a male cast member told him that he, the cast member, was asked by G and R to join them one time... And come on, how hot was that chemistry?\
Kristen Stewart and Robert Patinson had the same rumors as like G & R had the too hot chemistry, all the touch feely stuff and their rumors turned out to be true.\
So believe it or don''t, but you can''t really say it''s that far fetched to think that Gale and Randy hooked up!\
All signs point to "Yes"
It''s me, 8 ball
- Oh correction, it wasn''t a "Gay men list" just a "men list"! lol
- "Kristen Stewart and Robert Patinson had the same rumors as like G & R had the too hot chemistry, all the touch feely stuff and their rumors turned out to be true."%0D\
- the last few posts r252 excepted sound bat.shit.insane.\
Go join the fanfraus at imdb psychotic poster. Some of them even think Gale is having an offscreen affair with that blonde chick from Hellcats.
- question (1) why is gale still single if he is so hot and all that bullshit why can''t he kept a girlfriend ?\
(2) wasn''t gale at Joe pub in ny last month with a guy to see randy perform?\
(3) why is randy still single and kept a boyfriend?\
(4)honesty randy and gale had great chemistry when they were(acting) togather more so than any woman gale has work with so far?\
(5) gale can''t act for shit and his whack ass fan base aren''t being honest all they want to believe is that gale is the greatest man on earth to woman since shit, realistic they could give a flying fuck about QAF or the life of a gay man.
- Well they''re wrong about that one! You know, there are actually some people who tend to analyze events and use critical thinking skills rather than dismissing one side of a question as crazy and defending another despite the possibilities. You can suggest that something MAY or MAY NOT be the case without bringing a totally DIFFERENT argument into the picture.
remember me? it''s logic
- I''m R255 -- seeing the post that got in before mine, I''m clarifying that no I''m not replying to that one, but the one before about some of Gale''s fans apparently thinking he''s hooked up with the female star of Hellcats. I''m saying if there are people saying that, they''re wrong. And also lol lol lol...
- Just to address a couple of your questions, r254 -%0D\
1. Gale has a steady girlfriend he''s been with for a few years now. Her name is Yara. They possibly live together although there''s no actual proof of that. Well, not to my knowledge anyway. %0D\
2. Yes, Gale was at Joe''s Pub last month and saw Randy perform there. He was with a friend and yes he was a guy. Notice I said friend and not boyfriend.
- Gale is gay only maybe even he still doesn''t know it yet.
- R257 I'm not R254 but since there *is* absolutely no evidence that Gale and Yara were ever BF/GF -- living together or otherwise -- don't say that "he has a steady girlfriend he's been with for a few years now." Didn't you ever her of all the people who met her in theaters and one time she would say they were and the next minute she was saying they were only friends. She could be a beard only.
Also, you say "notice I said friend and not boyfriend" but again you do not know the facts, so why are you assuming once again? it has not been proven that the guy in the pic with Gale at the soccer field, who was also seen with Gale at Randy's pub performance was Gales friend or boyfriend.
Really any of these things could be the ACTUAL TRUTH:
1. The tall balding guy in the pic is Gale's boyfriend.
2. The tall balding guy in the pic is Gale's friend.
3. Yara was/is Gale's girlfriend
4. Gale and Yara were never bf/gf
5. Gale and Randy never hooked up offscreen
6. Gale and Randy did hook up offscreen
(and there could be more possibilities of course but these are the ones being discussed here)
So -- as a law and philosophy major -- EVERYONE stop assuming and go on EVIDENCE or at least EVENTS THAT SUGGEST one or more of these are true before ASSUMING one or more true and one or more false!
I don't have a vested interest either way, but I guess like many people I like da gossip and wanna know. But I don't make up my own answers when there aren't any real ones and no one else should either.
*There has been no info so far about #1 or #2
*Re: #3 and #4 -- stuff is posted everywhere by different people saying that Yara had said both that she and Gale were bf/gf and also that they weren't.
*Re: #5 and #6 -- there is a poster on DL saying that Gale and Randy were "lovers" from about halfway through QAF Season 1 to somewhere in season 3 -- even when Randy had a boyfriend.
- oh to clarify the poster is claiming to have been a QAF crew member and does sound legitimate, but again we don''t know the actual truth.
- 259, nearly every Gale fan now acknowledges that Yara is his GF.%0D\
Why do you think she''s seen everywhere with him?%0D\
Why did she see Orpheus Descending 4 times, including the opening night where she brought him flowers?%0D\
Why did she tell fans that Gale was her bf?%0D\
If you don''t believe me look at the picture of the two of them together....
- being in pictures with Gale means she is his girlfriend ???%0D\
so , not seeing them together from months ,we can make the deduction that she is not anymore ...
- On the other hand, r259 there is no evidence that the guy Gale was seen with at Joe''s Pub IS his boyfriend. But you''re right, without knowing Gale personally (which none of us do) anything is possible. But people are so quick to just assume that he''s Gale''s boyfriend and that''s how rumors start. %0D\
And I agree with r261 who makes all valid points. Even Gale''s fans acknowlege that Yara is his GF. And she did tell someone at Orpheus Descending that she was there to see her "boyfriend Gale." I don''t know how much more plain it could be.
- who in this day and age give a fuck who gale is dating? no one date only one person now days where have you all been.?
- I totally agree r264 ! besides , I never understood what it brings to some people who absolutely want that Gale has a girlfriend, (now Yara) or dream for him, a wife, even children ... it is inconceivable that he can be happy, single with " friends" ? or they transfer to him their own desires ... it''s pathetic!
- Interesting picture R261 - he looks stiff but not in a good way, and although she''s leaning into him, he''s leaning away from her. Orpheus Descending was ages ago and incidentally so was the GLEH event that that picture was from. There''s been another GLEH event since then, a whole year later although that was 7 months ago now, and no sign of her there. No sign of her anywhere in fact, with him anyway, since OD. I''d say she''s history.
- I wouldn''t say as much as he''s leaning away from her but I would say that they look like to strangers.
- Stangers? Why do you think that?
- R261 You're delusional! The picture you've shown is from October 2009 which is almost a whole year and a half ago.
When you say "nearly every Gale fan now acknowledges that Yara is his GF" you are only ASSUMING just as you have been in all your posts. You don't know all of Gale's fans -- maybe some on a board. Plus all that means is more people who don't really know the actual truth are simply ASSUMING.
When you say "Why is she seen everywhere with him... etc." you've been pointed out as being WRONG. Again, she has not been seen with him and your picture is old. The tall guy is the one being spotted with Gale RECENTLY at Randy's performance at a pub and at the soccer event NOT YARA.
HOWEVER -- that STILL doesn't mean the guy is his boyfriend just as it never meant Yara was his girlfriend. "Acknowledging" something when you don't know the real truth is assuming.
People have also said that Yara had also told people at the theater that they were just friends. Maybe when she said they were something more like they were bf/gf it was to shut up the hoards of fangirls like you?
And friends send flowers too btw... I pitched in for flowers for Randy Harrison once and none of us who did that were dating him lol.
And you said to look at the (old!) picture of them together -- as my opinion I see no chemistry at all. In the photo with the tall guy I saw chemistry BUT again that is just my opinion AND I DON'T KNOW THE ACTUAL TRUTH AND NEITHER DO YOU! We can, or should!, be able to speculate without jumping to conclusions about Gale. Thanks.
- Not delusional me - just facing the facts:)%0D\
Yara *did* go and see Gale 4 times at OD and she was seen giving him a bunch of flowers - hardly something a friend would do!%0D\
Here''s a link to more pics of her and Gale looking couply....
- R268 there doesn''t seem to be any emotional connection between them
- if it''s so important for you, they were a couple ...but we didn''t see them together for more than one year, so now ...it''s history ;%0D\
cry or take a breath because that is a fact! %0D\
- How is the rating on hellcats will they be back or will gale be looking for a new job?
- Gale has a new job - the Secret Circle
- Thanks for the pics, but I still think you''re delusional about this Gale and Yara as a real couple thing and agree with 272 and others.\
Gale shows no "emotional connection" to Yara at all in those photos IMHO, and rather seems closer in that way to Thea and Scott to me. I will say that for Yara''s part she seems into Gale, but I don''t think the feeling was ever that mutual. That''s just my opinion. \
And let''s not overlook the fact that Yara could be/have been Gale''s close friend not a girlfriend. Like Randy, Gale''s been known to have close friends who are girls -- like the one who encouraged him to get into acting -- can''t think of her name now -- Susan Landau?\
The thing is it doesn''t really matter as long as Gale is enjoying who he''s with as friends or something more right? No need to paint him as a complete hetero, because that''s obviously NOT who he is. He''s at least bi and I wish him all the best! \
He''s hot and sweet I think!
- Yes, 274 is right. Gale will next be in another CW network show called The Secret Circle. It''s another youth oriented show about a teen coven of witches (sigh!) and Gale will be playing the head witch''s father. \
It seems the CW is happy with Gale. I read somewhere that Gale was chosen because he was seen as a "seducer" type that they wanted for Julian the law teacher on Hellcats.\
The CW is a network considered to be struggling in the ratings a lot of the time. Surprisingly, from what I can gather, Hellcats didn''t do so badly.\
The pilot aired on 8 Sept. 2010 and (according to Wikipedia) it "became the first premiere to ever match or build on an America''s Next Top Model lead in since the CW began in 2006." The CW initially ordered 13 shows, but after getting those results, it ordered a full season of Hellcats.\
Despite mixed reviews by critics, Hellcats did actually get nominated for a 2011 People''s Choice Award. As a side note, apparently this show also had/or has? a gay cheerleader.
- I love when the poster who doesn''t speak English very well finds her way back to the Gale threads.
- R277 -- Which poster?
- It seems that gale has a thing for the Canadians\
did he not at one time around QAF want to live in Canada? close enough to NY.?
- Here's a report from nonspecific1 on IMDb who attended the GLEH Garden party way back in 2009:%0D
Gale, Robert, Thea and Scott were all at the Garden Party. Gale wore a brownish colored button down shirt with dark jeans and boots. He was there with someone, a very pretty woman. She has long wavy dark brown hair, petite figure (of course). Gale wasn't necessarily very affectionate with her, it seemed more that they are friends. She was there at his side for all the photo ops, but not really any other time though, from what I saw. At first I thought she was his manager or 'handler' who actors will sometimes bring to things like this. I don't know. ??? Gale's hair was the same as in the photos from earlier in the summer, short, he had a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow. Whenever I saw him he was wearing sunglasses, but smiling. He seemed comfortable being there. %0D
Robert was gorgeous in a white shirt and brown blazer. He did a great job announcing Sharon's award, though she couldn't be there to accept it. :( %0D
Scott was very handsome as well, and Thea looked better than she did when on QAF, in my opinion. Tall, fit. I think Gale was the only one of them who came with a 'date' if that is what you could call her. Great event overall, I think they raised a lot of $$, which is what matters. I saw lots of professionals taking photos, so hopefully some will be on the net at some point for you guys. I didn't want to take pics myself, didn't think it was kosher.%0D
nonspecific1 later reports that the woman he was with was "the actress playing his wife in Vanished", which is Yara Martinez, who he has been seen with occasionally before. Hopefully there will be more pictures with her in them, so we can get a confirmation if that really was the case. :)%0D
- what it means r280?
- It means Yara probably never was his gf. Remember when Gale was on QAF -- there were rumors that he and Michelle (Melanie) were a couple. Yet later she had said several times that Gale was like a brother to her.
- rumors are convenient ! everyone hears what he wants to hear ... (lol)
- You are SOooooooo right R283!
- When are you fucking fangurls going to move on? This guy is old news and you just reveal how pathetic you are by still fussing over him and arguing about his sexuality so many years after his relevance, slight as it was, ended.
- R285, it takes one to know one. Gay guys do the same or worse. You spend your time pining over guys that are obviously straight and repulsed by you and hating/envying straight women who -let''s face it-, have and will always have access to all the interesting straight, bisexual and undecided guys you lust after.
- When are you fucking fangurls going to move on? \
you know why they (fangurls) can''t move on and kept Binging up shit that''s unimportant which is gale is because they have no life no man and look like shit.
- R287, straight chicks will fuss over whoever they want, as you fuss over the long list of guys who have been proven NOT to be GAY. R287, as to how straight girls look, nevermind, they may look like shit but having tits and ass trumps dick most of the times.
- R86 and R287 isn''t this suppose to be a gay lounge or not? you really sound raciest.
- I see hellcats is cancel thanks a lot gale! should have had randy appear in at least one episode
- R288, "fangurls" [italic]are[/italic] men. At least on datalounge. A he is a she here.
- "I''m not dumb but I can''t understand\
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man. Oh my Lola lo-lo-lo-lo- Lola...."
- [quote]Remember when Gale was on QAF -- there were rumors that he and Michelle (Melanie) were a couple. Yet later she had said several times that Gale was like a brother to her.\
Because everyone knows celebs always tell the truth, especially when it comes to their personal lives.
Rolling my eyes as I type
-  ah ah! Randy *did* go and see Gale 4 or 5 times at "SLS" Make this is boyfriend????%0D\
*LOL!* Come on!!!
- Good point!
- He''s not on Hellcats anymore! He is now in another CW show called The Secret Circle.\
At the CW upfronts in NY yesterday he had an interesting encounter with a giggly, giddy "journalist".
- Thanks for that R296 mmmm Gale still looks great!
- Yeah, he looks fuckable.\
Shame he was a bit of an ass in the interview.
- I''m not really interested in him but he looks so young all of a sudden. I wonder how he does it.
- He actually look his age and older! why do people always want to fuck someone that they can''t and never will have, only dream of fucking them, kind of feel sorry for them.
- I love Gale but he was really rude and weird in this interview
- Gale''s interviews are always special. He obviously hates this PR stuff and likes to make fun. He''s got a very fast mind and if the interviewer is not able to keep up, well it''s her problem.\
She could have made a lot more out of this. There were open doors to hilarious moments. Mars? Please, it should have been Uranus. ;) \
Smart brain - sexy as hell.
- I don''t think he''s smart at all. If he was, he''d be a little bit more charming and nice to this interviewer. Who in the hell does he think he is? Rumours? Is he still that paranoid? He''s just another failed actor.%0D\
He''s not witty or fast so he ended up "trying" to be witty and crashed....or he was stoned.%0D\
Not his best interview, certainly would turn off people.
go away IMBD fangurls
- I agree. The interviewer was absolutely terrible but I suspect it could be because she is a fangirl. However, there was no need for him to be such a total ass. He does himself no favours with this sort of shit.
- Well I''m somewhere in the middle between the last 3 comments, yeah okay he was a bit of an ass, but he''s still damn hot, and yes smart cuz man how would you like to have to put up with interviewers like her all the time -- I know I''d have a bit of an attitude as well and try to have my fun...
- ''You heard this. You heard that....''%0D\
He was either really rude or really stoned
- I''m not defending him, but don''t blow it totally out of proportion though. The interviewer still said he had "Southern charm." He''s always been pretty much like this in interviews.
- Hey R300 -- this is R297. You''re dissing me and others for saying we want to fuck Gale and that you feel sorry for people who "dream of fucking" people they''ll never have? Where did you wander in from dumbfuck? This is DL -- Have you *read* the "News Reporters I Want to Rim" thread????
- Other reporters on the red carpet said [Gale Harold] was weird, crazy & a reporter from E!Online called him, %E2%80%9Cquasi-incoherent, prickly, unable to make eye contact and just generally weird.%E2%80%9D
- Where''s your source for this? Where are the links?
- Oh grow up you bullshitter R309 -- We all know you''re on you''re own immature agenda to dis Gale for some reason and you''re doing it like you''re 12 or even younger! NO reporter "on the red carpet" are going to report that Gale is "weird and crazy" -- for one thing THIS NEVER HAPPENED, and for another they don''t want a FRICKING LAWSUIT.\
You are an idiot who is totally full of shit R309 and your many immature posts are nothing but lies.
- Who is Jennifer Arrow?\
- 311 - go here. Jennifer Arrow is an E! online reporter and the quote was from her twitter account.
- Gale''s new play Dogs in Space.It''s on next week
- ummm no.. that''s Like A Dog In Space R314.\
By the way, the play was written by a 19 year old for a youth playwright contest.\
Scott Lowell will be playing a dog! :)
- And now we know why Gale brought up the stuff about the Russians and dogs in rockets in space:\
Gale to interviewer: "You know the Russians used to put mannequins in their rockets so the dogs wouldn''t freak out thinking their were no people in their with them."\
Interviewer: "Is this a conspiracy theory?"\
Interviewer: "It''s all facts?"\
Gale: "Look it up -- Soviet space developments."\
And yes, Gale''s right. It''s true.\
BTW, a little off topic, but interesting: In April 2011, A Soviet rocket from 1961 that carried a mannequin and dog sold at Sotheby''s auction for 2.9 million.
- ha ha ha ha ha ha there''s are lot of sick fucks on this thread gale friend whoever she or he is, would most likely laugh at your dumb asses if they ever read this shit.
- Not, the hellcats script really just requires Gale to recite the lines and nothing else.
- I used to be such a fan of Gale''s but now I realize what he''s become, what all these useless yet good-looking people eventually become and that is a loser.%0D\
Since qaf, Gale has never found another decent job.
... useless people. What can you do with them?
- He''s got a new show starting in a day or two. Secret Circle? Some teen thing on the CW but it pays the bills. I don''t think a loser is someone who consistently works in their chosen profession.\
Are you pissed cos Gale didn''t offer to sleep with you or something?
- r320 he''s playing a minor role in that series. He was hardly making much on qaf, would hate to see his what he''s making nowadays.
Poor Gale (Literally and figuratively speaking)
- LOL R320!
What's it to you how much money Gale makes or doesn't? he's not fated to being a "useless" person because he's "good looking" either. That's all in your mind. (How much money do you make and are you fugly?) He's used his looks to become an actor and make more money than what he did before -- painting, waiting tables, etc.
There's nothing wrong with that and it's good on him. He's also used his QAF money wisely and bought a modest house in California that is worth quite a bit more than what he originally paid for it. Gale seems to be very careful with his money and be preparing for the "what ifs" like what if he doesn't get another TV show or whatever. That's smart!
The only reason Gale didn't make more on QAF is that he was classy and asked to be paid like the rest of the cast even though he became the clear breakout star of the show. He could have have been arrogant and demanded more, but didn't.
Especially after the motorcycle accident, I think he's done all right. Many critics are saying Gale is amazing in The Secret Circle. They sale he "steals the show" in the pilot. TSC premiers tomorrow night (Thursday).
I admire classy smart people who are good with their money like Gale
- I meant the whole rest of the "what''s it to you.." to R321 NOT R320 (I was LOL at/withR320)!!!
- r322 if Gale was so *eye roll* "classy" and so *double eye roll* smart, then why isn''t he unable to get another major role?%0D\
Talented people such Kirsten Dunst eventually did go on to more major roles.%0D\
I always like to say if you can''t repeat it, well then consider it luck.
- r322 stop worshipping him just because he''s got good looks.%0D\
They will eventually be gone.
- [quote]Talented people such Kirsten Dunst eventually did go on to more major roles.\
What a poorly written non-sequitur that was!
- I have to bump this thread for the benefit of the freaks discussing Gale Harold's decline in the What is Gale Harold doing at a GLEH party thread.
Have at it ladies.
Gale is in a not so super-secret star-crossed lovers relationship with Randy Harrison
Gale is no longer dating Yara his former 'beard'
Gale is dating a tranny called Danny er Danielle and he took her to a gay love hotel
Gale is looking like a total druggie
Gale has no work to speak of and is reduced to attending fan conventions where fat fraus fawn over him and pay good money for the privilege
- People are having problems with DL today (including myself) but Gale threads keep on going.
In the last one, upset fans wanted to stage an intervention for our dear Gale who now is a druggie. Maybe Randy and his love can save him.
- Someone pretend to be Gale and post because that sounds like a fucking BLAST!
- I'm not Gale, but I am Danielle. PLEASE NOTICE ME!!
- So, the last thread was closed after 43 posts. WTF!!! Since when does datalounge close threads! Or is the DL webmaster secertly a GH fan and can't handle comments about his failing career?
- Well there is another new thread with only 7 posts.