- ANN ARBOR (WXYZ) - Andrew Shirvell has fought battles in courtrooms throughout the state, but it%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s a fight he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s picked with an openly gay college student that has some wondering if this attorney is out of order.
In classroom%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s across the state, Attorney General Mike Cox uses videos to teach students the dangers of internet predators and cyber bullies.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CWe want you to be safe on the Internet, and in particular, we want to protect you from Internet predators,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Cox in the video.
But is one of his top lieutenants engaging in cyber bullying, the very behavior Cox says is so dangerous. Andrew Shirvell is an assistant attorney general who helped run Cox%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s last re-election campaign. But on his own time, he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s the author of a blog he started last spring targeting Chris Armstrong, the openly gay president of the University of Michigan%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s student assembly.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CHis agenda was%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6to promote the radical homosexual agenda at the University of Michigan, and to use his position to promote that cause,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell.
Armstrong campaigned to stop tuition hikes, expand gender-neutral housing to transgendered students, and make drinking less dangerous by keeping cafeterias open later. Students went to the polls, voting Armstrong in overwhelmingly, and Andrew Shirvell went to the web.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CDid he think he was just going to get some free pass just because he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s gay or whatever,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CHe%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s an adult, just like he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s been quoted before, we%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99re all adults here. And so we%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99re treating him like an adult with adult-level criticism," he said.
With 27 postings to date, Shivell%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s blog is filled with language you%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ll never hear him use in a court room, calling Armstrong %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cnazi like,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D a recruiter for %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cthe cult that is homosexuality,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D and a proponent of a %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cracist, anti-Christian agenda.%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CThat came from his decision to join Order of Angell,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell.
The group he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s talking about is a university honors society. Years ago, its use of Native American artifacts in its meetings drew criticism from minority students. It gave up the ritual years ago, and today is recognized by U of M as an official student group, with past members that include President Gerald Ford, Supreme Court Justice Frank Murphy and Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CDo you believe they%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99re racist also,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D asked Action News reporter Ross Jones.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CUmm, I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t believe that they%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99re, I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t believe%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6 I haven%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t investigated what their subsequent activities were,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D responded Shirvell.
In other internet postings, Shirvell%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s language has been even stronger: calling Armstrong %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CSatan%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s representative on the Student Assembly,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D even posting a photograph with a swastika attached to his face.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CHow under any circumstance, regardless of whether or not you agree with somebody%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s lifestyle, is something like that defensible,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D asked Jones.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CWell, he is promoting a satanic lifestyle, and he is a fierce advocate for it,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CBy being openly gay,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D asked Jones.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CNo,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell. %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CBy being somebody that%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s there to promote special rights for homosexuals at the cost of heterosexual students.%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D
In several posts, Shirvell accuses Armstrong of being sexually active with other male students, some of whom don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t identify themselves as gay. He%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s also said Armstrong hosted %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cgay orgies%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D in his dorm room, which Armstrong denies. And, he says the student body president broke the law by engaging in underage binge-drinking when he attended a party he listed on his Facebook account.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CAnd you saw him drinking,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D asked Jones.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CI did not see him, but I know what, I know what the Facebook event was all about. It%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s on the website,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D responded Shirvell.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CDo you know if he attended,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D Jones asked.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CI know he responded that he was going to attend,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Shirvell.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CDid I see him there? I didn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t see him there, I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t live in Ann Arbor."
Shirvell conceded he had no proof Armstrong was ever drinking, and for good reason. Armstrong wasn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t even in town the night of the party.
The first amendment guarantees you the right to say things, but not anything,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Wayne State law professor Peter Henning.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CWhen lawyers publish things, they have to be very careful that it could get cited against them in a future case,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D he said.
Cyber bullying expert and Michigan State University instructor Glenn Stutzky said Shirvell's blog meets the definition of cyber bullying. He says Shirvell%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s blog is the type of harassment he and others are trying to outlaw.
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CIt%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s really a thinly disguised means to harass, bully and intimidate under the guise of, %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%98I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m just expressing my opinion,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99 %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D said Stutzky.
Meanwhile, as the attorney general%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s office continues to use videos like this to protect students from cyber bullies, Shirvell insists he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s not one of them. He plans to continue his blog, with four new postings this month.
Attorney General Mike Cox refused our repeated requests for an on-camera interview. Instead, issuing a two-line statement which reads, in part: %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CI don't agree with Mr. Shirvell's tactics, his judgment, or his word choice but nonetheless I recognize his non-work related blog is protected by our Constitution."
Then, late tonight amidst growing scrutiny, Cox issued a second statement, saying, "...Mr. Shirvell%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear.%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D
As for Chris Armstrong, he did not agree to talk to Action News on camera, saying that he didn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t want to dignify Shirvell%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s comments by responding to them.
Cyber bullying is illegal in some states. Michigan is not one of them.
- what a sick closet case.
- It''s worth watching the end of the video when Shrivell gets up and walks from the couch after reading a magazine.
- Wow! I don't think I've seen anything crazier. The guy is completely unhinged. Plenty people who don't like gays still don't get to this level. The narrowly focused blog is just creepy. You'd think that if he was really concerned about "radical homosexual agendas" (is that a cliche yet?), "special rights", and the Satanic "lifestyle" that is homosexuality, he would cast his net a bit further than the U of M student body president and include other people, other organizations, other schools.
The guys a psycho. What about this particular gay guy gets this guy SO riled up? I mean, he could turn his attention to anyone. And, seriously, student body president is a great resume builder and the student may have some indirect influence, but, really they usually don't have enough influence or time to make any changes that wouldn't be made anyway. Why wouldn't Shirvell focus is anger at the University for ostensibly going along with the "fag" or allowing him to be student president in the first place.
I need to know about his personal life. Definitely could have a deep closet case situation. That's what I want anyway. It's even scarier if he isn't a closeted gay.
- I love that he accuses Armstrong of being "sexually active with other male students". Duh.
- Judging from his Facebook page, he''s a born-again Christian (no surprise), who belongs to "Keep Christ in CHRISTmas" and happens to like Tupac and Tribe Called Quest (as well as Counting Crows). Lol.
- Sorry, one more post. Here''s the Facebook link.\
His interests include:\
Building Up The Kingdom (shudder) AND ...... wait for it............\
Finding the Right Lady
- Facebook link
- [quote] What about this particular gay guy gets this guy SO riled up? \
Manhunt chat gone wrong?
- We should go harrass him on Facebook, to see how he likes
- It sounds like he has the hots for Armstrong. He reminds me of the mousey little queens in high school and college who were never invited anywhere and were always the first to become self-appointed hall monitors and grew up to be people like....well, need I go further?
- [quote]But on his own time, hes the author of a blog he started last spring targeting Chris Armstrong, the openly gay president of the University of Michigans student assembly.\
This man is both completely sane and 100% heterosexual.
- He went to Ave Maria School of Law, a total bottom tier toilet of a law school. He''s probably one of the few graduates that even has a real attorney job.
- omg, he''s completely obsessed with the guy (and clearly a self-loathing closet-case)....!
- Sorry, I just posted a thread on this. I didn''t realize there was already one started. I just couldn''t believe this story when I read about it over at Towerload. \
This is just too creepy for words.
- Here''s his blog (which makes me feel dirty link to, but it''s FASCINATING to see his mentally ill mind at work)....\
He''s got gayvoice, and he favors Peewee Herman.\
He''s obviously obsessed in the literal sense of that word with the gay guy.\
Chris should take out a restraining order.
- That''s one hell of a "I shall not be ignored!" stalker who''s clearly jealous of the student''s popularity.
- That dude is seriously mentally ill.
- He''s secretly Glenn Close!
- The article is poorly written.
- Why the hell is he still in a position of authority? He should be fired.
- "What about this particular gay guy gets this guy SO riled up"\
The student is really good-looking, openly gay, popular, happy, and successful. A closet case like Shirvell obviously thinks gays should stay in the closet to achieve any sort of "success" and "acceptance," and that openly gay people are supposed to be miserable, lonely, and rejected. I''m sure it seems to him like a tear in the fabric of the universe, that the student has circumvented the rules somehow, ie the rules he himself forced himself to live by.\
And imho the good-looking part would be a big part of the obsession, too.\
Sick, sick mind.
- He should be fired for being a weirdo. It''s a shame the university is so intimidated by the threat of a lawsuit that they''re forced to maintain his employment.
- I meant the state of Michigan, not the university.
- Ave Maria is the far-right Catholic law school founded by the founder of Domino''s Pizza. It''s not in Ann Arbor anymore. The one guy I''ve personally known who went there was a sweetie but an obvious closet case.
- Armstrong should thank his lucky stars that his stalker is all sorts of crazy and willing to make a fool of himself in public and risk his own political career over his obsession with Armstrong.\
But if I were Armstrong I''d demand some higher level of security (especially if he has a rabbit as pet).
- Employers should be more careful and NOT hire grads of that ridiculous "school" in future!!
- [quote]Chris should take out a restraining order.\
If the comment at r15''s link is true, he wouldn''t be the first.
- Curiously enough, I had a set-to with this Shirvell character while he was a law student at Ave Maria in Ann Arbor. In 2005 he organized a boycott against a local pizzeria because it had a gay rights flag on its front door, indicating that the pizzeria was a late-night safe area. Shirvell tried to organize a boycott, claiming the authority of a nearby Catholic church. At my prodding, the church, which actually has a non-judgmental outreach program to gays (!), renounced Shirvell and all his works.\
Shirvell obviously "has issues," as they say -- doubtless he is torn up about his own sexuality. But his boss, AG Cox, is also a chronic homophobe.
- This maroon''s gfriend (I assume) pictured in his FB profile...\
Think she knows he''s secretly gay?
- What is "gender neutral housing?"
- "Gender neutral housing" really means housing in which assignment of rooms is made irrespective of sex or gender. On many college campuses nowadays, some provision is made for a form of housing in which transgender folk feel comfortable, but it''s been discovered that many other students also like this non-segregated form of housing.
- Armstrong is cute! Totally my type.
- This little guy reminds me of one of the Nerds of Doom from "Buffy."
- The AG is showing his own bad judgment and, hopefully, this will reflect on him ultimately. He admits that his employee is immature and shows bad judgment on his own time. It is hard to believe that someone who shows that kind of thought and conduct off work would be responsible and a fair arbiter of the law on the job.
- This won''t end well.
- If Assistant AG Andrew Shirvell and Attorney General Mike Cox were boinking each other - I say IF - wouldn''t this be a great way to deflect attention from their relationship?
- "He''s got gayvoice, and he favors Peewee Herman."\
I think he looks more like David Gest.
- 4chan needs to get in on this.
- I''m not sure what lies ahead for Cox. He was widely thought to be the favorite for Republican gubernatorial nomination, but lost decisively last month to Rick Snyder (who is the moderate: he favors civil unions). The GOP will surely take this race in November, granted the horrible economic situation in Michigan.
- [quote]It is hard to believe that someone who shows that kind of thought and conduct off work would be responsible and a fair arbiter of the law on the job.%0D\
As long as he just picks on gays his job is safe. Gays... the last minority that has no rights and no balls.%0D
- This dude needs to be either fired or impeached if elected. As a representative of the State, he is supposed to be "The People''s Lawyer," which includes the LGBT community. Major closet case.
- Outrageous. I live in the stinking shithole that is Missouri (from a state government point of view) and even here an asst. atty. general would NEVER be so stupid. Making up the most vicious lies and stalking a gay student from a state government perch is not something to be countenanced.\
Isn''t it interesting how all of sudden the words "Nazi" and "racist" are now being used against people who obviously are the opposite of such things? Sort of like how the Republicans would go after decorated veterans and call them cowards?\
If America keeps these people in power America deserves the consequences. But we don''t.
- I find it kind of fascinating that he calls Armstrong''s friends and associates his "fellow radical homosexual activists".\
Dataloungers, you are my fellow radical homosexual activists, and I love you all.
- kisses, doll!
- Bump for idiot who started another thread.
- Andrew Shirvell: Gayest Gay that ever gayed.
- If Michigan votes GOP, they all deserve to starve. Nobody should know better than Michiganders how false the GOP promise is.
- Thanks for the laugh, R47; or should I say "Fellow radical homosexual (DL) activist?"
- Shouldn''t he be fired immediately?
- What a weirdo. He is obsessed with this guy and the "radical homosexual agenda," whatever the hell that is.\
I wonder how he would like to be cyber-bullied right back.
- Pee Wee Herman as an evil Christian closet case who purchases his clothes in the boys department at JC Penny = Andrew Shirvell
- His blog is crazy. How does he have access to all these facebook pages and he takes thing wildly out of context. The guy is clearly unhinged.
- This is such a strange way to meet men
- Doesn''t he realize that people think that guys so obsessed about gays are just closet faggots?
- The AG''s name is Mike Cox??? His boss'' name is Mike Cox?\
Bart Simpson planning his next call to Moe''s
- Go to his facebook page and cyberbully him right back!
- holy shit the more I dig - the worst it gets.
http://ng1260.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-mad-mad-mad-mad-queer-world-andrew.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: ng1260 (ng1260)&utm_content=Twitter
- This story is insane.\
I highly recommend anyone reading this thread who hasn''t already go back and watch the TV report, and then go read the blog.\
- He should be fired immediately.
- I''m reading the blog right now. It''s beyond crazy.\
Is this guy Shrivell supposed to be a Republican? Because he rants about Chris Armstrong coming from a wealthy family as if that''s proof he''s evil. I thought the GOP liked the rich.
- What a serious closet case. Check this quote - it's from the linked page, which features a video of Chris Armstrong makes a sweet and benign speech about the importance of being out.
Shrivell freaks the fuck out:
[italic]Next, Armstrong reminisces about his first "LGBT-themed" party as a student at U of M. Armstrong tells the crowd that he remembers it well because it was the first day that "gender identity and gender expression got added to the by-laws of the University constitution." Armstrong says that the day meant a lot to him because "it was so inspiring to see how hard, yet simple it can be to be an activist in the LGBT community . . . it truly showed me how . . . all I had to do was tell people who I am and be out in whatever position or whatever table I came to and it can make a difference. "
And that last statement just about sums up what Chris Armstrong is all about. He is a militant activist hell-bent on using his new position as president of MSA to advance a deeply radical homosexual agenda, which will inevitability include viciously persecuting any member of the broader U of M community who gets in the way.[/italic]
- makes s/b making, sorry.
- Has Shirvell even noticed how seriously cute Armstrong is? Maybe he should write a blog entry about that.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P3q12eyoQ0g/TFuLL0A6nzI/AAAAAAAAALU/uQLy8WPgQJg/s1600/Armstrong FB Wall, 8-5-10.jpg
- This is big news here in MI. The guy is a known homophobic douche and now a few student organizations are asking that his license to practice law be taken away.\
Honestly, I think the lady doth protest too much. He looks like a rejected sperm baby from Sam Bernstein''s (local attorney with crazy looking kids) lineage. The things he spews out and tries to bury under the umbrella of free speech make me sick. Now the attorney general is trying to distance himself from this guy, but its too little too late.
All his blog entries ARE about how seriously cute Armstrong is.\
This guy Shirvell is seriously mentally unbalanced. Makes one wonder how he got his job.
- I''m completely obsessed by this story.\
Gus Van Sant should direct the movie. \
Sometimes I wish DLers had a little 4chan in them. This Andy person is really sick and likely dangerous. From why I can find - he''s been harassing gays for years. He stood with the Westboro Church at a protest - except it looks like Fred and family didn''t show - so he was alone.\
Chris on the other hand - seems to have a great life. Happy and smiling and trying hard not to give this guy any attention.\
I wonder what the anti-outing crew thinks of this?
- The anti-outing crew doesn''t think, period.
- He is channeling Chris Cooper''s crazy neighbor from American Beauty.
- A few posters have mentioned an order of protection for Chris. Since this douche Shirvell has never really got in Chris''s face or directly threatened, I don''t know if there would be grounds, but I''m concerned.\
As this story gains visibility, and people are making fun of Shrivell, I can see him snapping. Hopefully he''ll simply kill himself.
- If we didn''t live in the internet age where this guy''s crazy was broadcast and discovered in time to prevent harm, this awesome gay kid would eventually have ended up dead in his basement.
- "Has Shirvell even noticed how seriously cute Armstrong is?"\
Uh, yeah. I think that was the first thing he noticed and the source of the obsession.
- I we not talking about this anymore.
Isn''t it interesting how all of sudden the words "Nazi" and "racist" are now being used against people who obviously are the opposite of such things?\
Happens on DL all the time
- Here he is with Westboro.
- Does he still have his job?
- Shirvell''s boss, Mike Cox, called his actions incredibly immature, but essentially said that Shirvell was protected by the first amendment and since it happened outside the office there could be no action taken against him.\
They could have done something, but Cox is a conservative dirt bag and still upset about loosing the republican primary for governor.\
As of Sept 17th there''s been no action taken against Shirvell
- I reported Shirvell''s blog to Blogger for hate speech. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
- My Cox is a conservative here in my state. But, essentially a failed politician.
- "Uh, yeah. I think that was the first thing he noticed and the source of the obsession."\
- I thought Shirvell would stop posting so much stuff about Armstrong and back down for now. But I was wrong. Here is part of his entry for 9/23/10:\
And, to all my vicious, anti-Christian detractors out there, including the Jones brothers and Armstrong''s other crazed supporters, I have a message for you all: this watch site is here to stay. Get use to it.\
I have done NOTHING immoral OR illegal. Sadly, the same cannot be said for Armstrong and his fellow radical homosexual activists and "allies." As Isaiah rightly prophesied: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness . . ." (5:20).\
This Concerned Michigan Alumnus would rather go homeless and sleep on the street than give-up my First Amendment rights to freedom of expression and religion.\
Never Underestimate the Motivation of a True Believer. Got it? Good!
I''m not linking to his site
- We all need to report him, as the above poster has done. This is the sort of thing that could lead to this kid getting hurt. We need to stop this evil asshole. C''mon dataloungers...you rock when you want to! let''s mobilize to take this asshole down!
- Quite shocked at the blog in terms of it being so personally focused on attacking Chris Armstrong. If I were him, I would be concerned by this "blogger." \
One ?. Did Armstrong and this guy ever meet somewhere and something happened??\
It honostly sounds like the bitterness and anger of unrequited love OR massive rejection by Armstrong toward this guy from somewhere in the past.
- What is so weird is that when you go to Google images and find all these pictures of smiling Chris Armstrong, so many of them link back to the ChrisAmrstrongWatch website that Shirvell authors. If Shirvell didn''t post them, I think very few images of Chris would exist on the web.\
And Shirvell is such a bad propagandist. When you post a defaced picture of the man you hate more than anyone in the world, it should NOT be a picture of him smiling and appearing friendly, and looking like someone you''d like to meet.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P3q12eyoQ0g/S-eBBLfwccI/AAAAAAAAADE/1-LdYEvtwmY/s1600/Chris, ~June ''09.jpg
- My 4chan moment - I just reported the abuse to Blogger by clicking the tab at the top of the page and selecting the hate option, though slander/libel also fits.
- Unreal that he''s still blogging in such a way.\
He needs to be fired at the very least!!
- Absolutely! He''s the Assistant Attorney General and he''s OPENLY stalking and harassing someone! It''s unreal.
- Reported the blog for hate speech, too. And when you read the terms and conditions, he is very clearly violating them.
- [quote]Shirvell''s boss, Mike Cox, called his actions incredibly immature, but essentially said that Shirvell was protected by the first amendment and since it happened outside the office there could be no action taken against him.\
And yet the NJ transit guy got fired for anti-Muslim ranting while off the job??????
- Bullshit. absolute bullshit. So he''s harrassing and stalking some from home...that''s okay to do when you work for the attorney general''s office??? It''s ILLEGAL to stalk and harass people.
- Keep going on this asshole''s blog and report it as hate speech/abuse to blogspot. We''ll get it taken down yet.
- I''ve reported it twice. We need to keep doing this until it''s removed.
- Wish I could bet my life savings that Mr. Shirvell is a self-loathing homo.
- Of COURSE he is.
- Isn''t his gay-voice evidence enough for anyone?
- Has a DL sleuth sexually linked Shirvell and Armstrong yet? A bad hook-up gone wrong? An encounter in a gym''s sauna? Where is the link to Shirvell''s A4A or other on-line account? There''s a LOT more to this story. Where/when did they meet in the past?
- Somebody needs to explain to me how the post he made on May 7th, for example, could even be written. Where is he getting this information? Is it complete fiction? And if it isn''t complete fiction, there are clear grounds here for a restraining order and a lawsuit for harassment. \
The guy who writes this blog is utterly psychotic. How he still has a state job is a mystery to any normal thinking person. He should be hospitalized and removed from society as he clearly poses a danger to his stalkee. \
Why is this being allowed to continue? The problem is not going to just go away. The kid needs to hire lawyers and go after this guy until he is eliminated.
- Get ''em girls! Shut that fucker down.
- Yes, r93, because Jersey is an at-will employment state and Michigan is not. Why are people still having so much trouble understanding what "at-will employment" means?
- Just reported it again. Keep at it guys and gals!
- It''d be great if we got the bastard shut down.
- Monday morning bump!
- I just reported his blog too. It''s certainly not surprising that he got his law degree from Ave Maria. The whole thing, including the fact that he is still employed by the State Attorney''s office, is unconscionable.
- "Where/when did they meet in the past?"\
Armstrong is so far out of Shirvell''s league... I can''t even imagine a connection like you''re trying to suggest. It''s possible Armstrong turned Shirvell down at a bar or something, but even that doesn''t seem very convincing... Armstrong strikes me as the type to do it in a nice, politic way and even if he was harsh, that doesn''t seem like the type of thing that sparks an obsession as intense as this one.\
Shirvell''s just crazy imho, and he became obsessed with this good-looking, friendly, popular kid because he ripped the fabric of the universe by changing what he (Shirv) thought openly gay people should be (lonely, miserable, rejected). It''s very shocking and upsetting for conservative religitarded closet cases to find out that there are many straight people who don''t hate us and that we can be open, happy, successful, valued, and loved.
- Bingo, r109. He represents what Shirvell thinks was impossible (thus his own cowardly closetedness) and just by living his happy, open life, Armstrong is showing resentful Shirvell what he THINKS "could have been." \
- Hourly bump. Report report repot.
- Bump. Reported.
- [quote]Why are people still having so much trouble understanding what "at-will employment" means?\
I''m Canadian and have no idea what that means.
- I reported him to Blogger as well. But why hasn''t some reporter/journalist (I know, there aren''t that many anymore) or at least activist group called on the AG to fire him?\
As an Attorney General, isn''t this guy supposed to both uphold and defend the laws of the state? Could he honestly say that he would do his utmost to prosecute a hate crime? Or to enforce statues that HE thinks promote "special rights"?\
And yes, I do think he''s mentally ill, and should be examined/in therapy/on some mood altering drugs.
Pretty soon, he''s going to start hearing God telling him what to do
- I figured out who Andrew Shirvell reminds me of in the looks department. It''s Joe Solmonese.
- Did you mean to post "Joe Solmonese''s asshole after a gangbang", R116?
- Reported it as well. This guy is seriously nuts and this shit needs to stop. This garbage seems to be a very clear violation of Bloggers terms of service.
- I''m calling the Michigan Governor''s office tomorrow. Write about it there. The AG doesn''t give a shit.
- Michigan has no hate crime law protecting gay people.
- How could he possible enforce stalking laws??? He''s the biggest stalker in the state!
- I''m pretty confidant that Shrivell will someday find himself overwhelmingly embarrassed by this episode.\
But, on the other hand, he seems to be somewhat "off.". The obvious culprit would be mental retardation. But he seems to have an IQ of at least 90, so perhaps he''s within the autism spectrum.\
I predict an eventual suicide, which would be sad, in that a human life was lost, but not so bad because it''s not the kind of life anyone would mourn.
- Obviously Blogger doesn''t give a shit about anti-gay hate speech.
- Blogger is invested in keeping their noses about things like this. Legally, if they put their noses into something like this, they assume the responsibility to put their noses into everything they publish.\
While it sucks that this asshole can bloviate to his little heart''s desire, at least his ramblings provide what is perhaps the best argument against what he is espousing.
- Really R124? Does Blogger allow white supremicist blogs?
I rest my case
- Was he by any chance in Saxby Chambliss'' office with then DADT decision came down?
- Complain about a porn site, and Blogger will shut it down the next day. Complain about an actual crime, then they could care less. \
How this guy keeps his job is astonishing. It''s not a ''freedom of speech'' issue, it''s about being seen to be an impartial participant in the judicial process. Oh, and about not breaking the law yourself. This is not ''immature'' behaviour; it is defamatory and cyber-stalking.
- Is that the only law applicable here?\
What about harassment? Character assasination?\
- Okay...then we need to post this story everywhere online. This fucker needs to be stopped.
- Anderson Cooper NOW!
- Go Anderson!
- Gee r25--does Blogger shut down child pornography sites? How about people who advocate polygamy? What about sites that facilitate white slavery or sites that want to censor the Westboro Baptist Church?
- [quote]it''s about being seen to be an impartial participant in the judicial process.\
Um, the D.A. is not supposed to be impartial, tard.
- LOL Anderson so wants to call him gay
- They should have used more quotes from the blog. Show his fascination of the guy''s sexuality.
- HOW did Shrivell get a job?? He''s retarded.%0D\
Anderson is eating him up for dinner.
- Anderson was awesome calling this gaytard on his weird Chris Armstrong obsession!
- The fucking lunatic just tweeted his thanks to Anderson for having him on his broadcast. That''s so creepy.
- Check out the next couple of tweets
- And he later tweeted his surprise that AC is gay. What an idiot. Is there really no good legal cause to can this guy''s ass
- Whoops. r138 here.%0D\
I posted too quickly. I did a quick scan on this guy after seeing the interview because I can''t believe he''s allowed to keep his job.%0D\
Looks like someone with a great sense of humour is going to town on Mr. Shirvell. It might be just the thing to push him over the edge.
- That''s not his Twitter. %0D\
Everyone should email Mike Cox (tee hee) and let him know how you feel about Andy.%0D\
His email is MikeCox@Michigan.gov or MIAG@Michigan.gov.
- I missed him on AC. Can I get a quick recap?
- It''s not his twitter? He just tweeted me: @CiarOD No reason to be afraid, I''m just doing God''s work and fulfilling the word of Jesus.\
I asked him to give me the bible passage where Jesus spoke against homosexuality.
- OMG Tell me this jerk is really Shirvell. \
AndrewShirvell: @CiarOD Oh, well I don''t have to know the bible, Jesus speaks to me through other means. \
He thinks Jesus is speaking directly to him.
- Told you...
- He looks like Pee Wee Herman in his Twitter picture. LOL
- Oh fucking dear GOD, Shirvell! MARY!
- Is there a clip of the Anderson Cooper appearance yet?
- great comments at this blog (and ironically Shirvell linked to it on his twitter feed)...
- I didn''t see it. What did Toobin say?
- [quote]And he later tweeted his surprise that AC is gay. What an idiot. %0D\
You''re the idiot for assuming people would know the closeted news reader isn''t hetero.
- There are 2 types of closet-cases.\
Those, like Anderson and Foster, who say in essence "no comment" when asked about their personal lives yet who do many good things for the gay community (last night''s interview; the Trevor Project, etc.).\
And those, like this mentally ill Shervill character, who hate themselves so much that they actively work AGAINST the gay community.\
You have every right to chide Anderson for being, still, somewhat closeted. But why are you ''defending'' Shervill, r152?
- Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see I''m not "defending" Shirvell''s actions against the student. At the same time, r153, why are you intent on displaying your stupidity?
- I didn''t say you were defending Shirvell''s actions against the student.\
I said you were defending his not knowing Anderson Cooper is gay. \
Sort of different things.
- [quote]I said you were defending his not knowing Anderson Cooper is gay. %0D\
- good lord cunts give it a rest
- Both the AG and that little sissy Asst. AG come off as unintelligent morons. The AG can''t even speak properly and his assistant AG looks like a deer in the headlights in any of his interviews. It''s clear he has give this whole thing little thought and is just raging for some silly reason, most likely he''s mentally ill and fixated.\
Those two lawyers make me embarrassed for that state.
- Oh, deer.
- STOP derailing this thread by making it about Cooper. At least he''s taking this bastard on (which is more than the rest of the media is doin). STAY focused. Somebody send this story to Maddow.
- Does the Asst. AG excuse himself from any cases or matters which involve gays? If not, he definitely should since he obviously has a bias.
- R161 Anderson made that point last night during the interview. Would a gay client feel comfortable with him? I don''t think Shirvell answered. It got lost in the exchange.
- Actually R161, it is recuse
- R163...I don''t think he was using jargon. He was using "excuse" in the way it''s ordinarily used. So no foul.%0D\
Keep this thread on track darlings. We have an assistant AG to skewer!!
- Some of his rantings sound like those that have been popping up on the DL. I wonder...
- His Anderson Cooper clip
- [quote]The growing crowd of Armstrong supporters became increasingly hostile and I began to fear for my safety. I started to audibly hum Amazing Grace and I silently said a couple of Hail Marys as I prepared to depart.\
From his blog, referring to when he held up a sign outside of a gay club calling Armstrong racist. People (obviously) reacted.\
This guy is such a creep.
- This is so troubling.
- Thanks for the clip, 166.\
He seems incredibly mentally-ill.\
How can the attorney general still consider him a viable employee????
- It''s funny that this creep had no idea Cooper is gay. Yet it''s also classic -- he thinks gays are "out and loud" activists, so he doesn''t realize that that is only a small and high-visibility subset of us.
- In a small way, this is a good sign. The ranks of openly anti-gay activists are now made up mostly of people like Shirvell, who are obviously insane. %0D\
Nuts and closet-case nuts. That''s what they''ve been reduced to. I fear for Chris Armstrong, though. I''d say he needs bodyguards with nuts like Shirvell on the loose.
- Tea Party Jesus today:
- Was there another thread last night with Andrew Shirvell''s twitter?
Tell me I didn''t dream that.
- The idiot''s latest tweet: AndrewShirvell: Feeling a bit famous now.. \
He''s enjoying this. I tweeted about his twitter feed last nite R173. See R145
- He really does seem mentally ill, but it''s often difficult for the untrained observer to distinguish between insanity and religious fundamentalism. What''s really disgusting is that AG Mike Cox hasn''t found some way to fire Shirvell.
- In one of the emails in the link at R62, Shirvell writes:\
"Miss Whitney: Shut the f%E2%80%94-up, f%E2%80%93. Got it? Good!\
Also, for the record, what I do on my own time %E2%80%93 during lunch or here at home %E2%80%93 is my business."\
He mentions what he does at lunch - if he''s using his computer at work to do some of this stalking and posting about Armstrong, even if it''s during his lunch break, doesn''t that cross some sort of line?
- Absolutely it does.\
Reluctantly, the AG will fire him on Friday, probably.
- I mean, of course, that the AG is obviously reluctant to fire him.
- Looks like Shrivell is serious about trying to ruin Chris Armstrong''s reputation. He''s offering $5K for any nude photos anyone can find.
- He is craaaaaaaazy.
- Toobin said that Mike Cox (ha ah) has to fire Shirvell - that public sector employees are held to higher standards and this harassment is well beyond.
- Can Cox be recalled or "impeached?"
No longer a wolverine or I would launch the petitions
- AC Just tweeted that the AG will speak out tonight.
- Have you guys been antagonising Mr. Shirvell on twitter again?\
@AndrewShirvell: So I''m not really happy about the flack I have been receiving about my appearance on AC360 I thought people would be more open... \
Awww boo hoo *cries crocodile tears*
- Latest: @CiarOD No reason to be afraid, I''m just doing God''s work and fulfilling the word of Jesus. He told me to stalk Chris. I had no choice.
- I hope God doesn''t tell him to do anything else to Chris. This guy needs to be locked up or involuntarily committed.
- Andrew Shirvell is clearly mentally ill; doesn''t the State of Michigan have an obligation to at least put him on administrative leave while he gets the psychological help he so obviously needs?
- No way should he get administrative leave. He should be fired immediately.
- I still think it''s a fake twitter account and someone is having good fun here.%0D\
Isn''t it a bit too coincidental that the account was just set up? The tweet boasting about his appearance on AC360 seems to be the first one. %0D\
Correct me if I''m wrong.
- I hope you''re right R190. Otherwise he is truly psychotic and dangerous. He claims to have set it up to promote his appearance on AC
- This guy is in love with the student and can''t come to terms with his own homosexuality.\
He''ll be caught in a public toilet blowing some guy.
- Let''s hope that happens soon r192.
- He seems to have the maturity of a 13 year old girl, and his boss doesn''t seem much better.
- Andrea Shrivel needs a vocal coach, if she expects to "pass". %0D\
To paraphrase the great transgender star Bugs Bunny " Run for you lives!! Or you''ll be up to your armpits in handbags "
- Anderson Round 2
- The importance of an out or semi-closeted anchor: if Anderson didn''t do this story, NO ONE would give it the national attention it deserves. \
The old fuckwads on Sixty Minutes wouldn''t touch it until (God forbid) someone was gunned down.
- R197...please don''t to divert the conversation to Cooper. Start your own thread. Let''s keep this on topic please.
- Actually, R198, the most important development in this case is Anderson Cooper and his reporting on the story. The day after his report, it became a topic of the race for Attorney General in Michigan, where one of the candidates challenged the other to call for Shirvell''s firing. Since the current AG refuses to do so, this is a positive development that may have NOT come about without the national attention Cooper''s reporting gave this story. \
Cooper is a big part of the story now, especially since Armstrong and his reps are not speaking to the press.
- Anderson does deserve kudos for bringing the story to a national audience.\
Mike Cox refusing to discipline Andrew Shirvell should indeed be a part of any advertising against him.\
Chris Armstrong outclasses Shirvell a million times by hanging back, refusing to let this weird burp in the fabric of his reality affect him, and for putting up with this for as long as it took for the media to notice.
- Fox covered the story, but of course prefaced their remarks by saying he hadn''t done anything ILLEGAL but that his employer had a RIGHT to hold him to a higher standard.%0D
- [quote]AC Just tweeted that the AG will speak out tonight.%0D\
- Did he?
- I hope you know our attorney general here in MI is an unprincipled punk and a whore. He ran for the nomination as a Republican and lost, mainly because he will say or do anything to win. %0D
He bounced off walls trying to out Tea Party the tea party people, said he'd sue the federal government to stop the healthcare reforms, and has been generally a prick the entire time he's been in office. %0D
He has no moral compass and he stands for nothing outside his own ambitions. If anyone was waiting for him to reprimand or take a stand, in your dreams. He has done nothing to "protect the interests" of the people of Michigan.%0D
He will absolutely succumb to public pressure and embarrassment. I say we raise hell. I mean publically. I say we call CNN. Call the AG's office, call the newspapers, and TV stations, and really make a huge issue of this. We can do it. %0D
We need to demand that the pice of shit, psycho, assistant Attorney General be fired, then prosecuted. I am serious. You can go to that blogsite and pressure him too, but you reall need to focus public attention on the attorney General, Mike Cox. Embarrass his ass and make him look ridiculous. Including investigating him for other instances of malfeasance. Same with PsychoBlogger.%0D
Calling the lame duck governor is useless. She has no clout with Cox and wouldn't use it if she did. She has been a useless governor. The only thing she's got going for her is that Joe Biden likes her. %0D
You could also insist that the State legislature initiate it's own investigation.They get nervous when that happens. Of course in an election year, this could be a nice issue to make people squirm. They'd want it to go away.
- Isn''t there an "Equality Michigan" group? I wish we had "Act Up" leading the gays instead of Joe Solmonese at HRC.
- Surely his days are numbered.
I predict tomorrow he''ll be fired.
- All I''m saying is we shouldn''t let this die out. That obssessive closet case isn''t going to stop. We need to re-focus attention on his boss, the Attorney General. %0D\
Cox has demonstrated countless times he will sway with the wind. So if we put pressure on him, and expose him, and make him too controversial and too hot to be employable, he will cave. It might be done quietly,(not likely) but he will cave. %0D\
You just have to really kick his ass, and keep the pressure and the spotlight on him. Of course you have to spotlight the PsychoBlogger, too. Because the more you intertwine Cox with his employee, the worse it looks. %0D\
I think we should suggest/ and support some Michibgan-based organization and encourage them to take out an ad with pictures of the two of them, asking, "What are they hiding?" LOL!! It would be hilarious. Cox would run for cover.
- R206 I agree. The question I have is where he''ll end up next. At some right-wing political group? FRC, CWA, etc.
- Has there been any word from the Michigan Bar or any other law associations/groups?
- He must have something on the Attorney General or the public reaction would have had the AG dump him days ago.
- "Cox has demonstrated countless times he will sway with the wind. So if we put pressure on him, and expose him, and make him too controversial and too hot to be employable, he will cave."\
Only if he''s receiving less pressure from his homophobic base.
- Is AG also a closet-case perhaps?
- Anderson Cooper is ALL OVER this story. Get these amazing videos:
- Does "Shrivell" describe what happens to his penis when he''s in some type of romantic contact with women?
- Anderson is emailing Chris Armstrong. He has a pattern of doing this, going back to his Corey Johnson days. He loves to flirt with young out gay men under the guise of doing news.\
Oh that he doesn''t see the irony that this kid is taking the bullying and being out. But ooh, it''s dangerous to his career.\
- You are kind of the idiot, r215.
- What if Mike Cox IS a closet-case and Shirvell knows it??\
I mean how else to explain Cox''s refusal to fire the guy?
- The reason Cox isn''t firing him is because AG Cox is a Catholic as well. Shirvell worked on his campaign.
- i''m just wondering why Armstrong has not done anything legal with this luny Shirvell.
- I''m Canadian and if this had happened up here, that guy would''ve been hauled out of that job. That''s crazy that the Michigan AG is letting this creep stay on.
- r218, with all the heat Cox has been getting about this, sharing a religion and having had Shirvell work on his campaing is NOT good enough reason to not have fired him by now....\
There''s more to this story.
- Has anyone here contacted Mike Cox''s office? There''s phone, mail, and e-mail info that''s easily available on his website. Instead of just bitching about it in this thread, let the AG of Michigan know that he needs to dump Andrew Shirvell.
- While Shirvell MAY be doing all this on his own time (I think he''s lying about that part of it.), the bullying is public. It''s on a public forum. You won''t convince me that he doesn''t go online about this all through the work day. %0D\
I e-mailed the Michigan AG''s office. They need to hear from more people who are outraged that Shirvell, a bully and public nuisance, continues to work there.
- Shirvell is prohibited from stepping foot on the U-M campus, university officials confirmed. Diane Brown, a campus police spokeswoman, said Shirvell was read a trespass warning on Sept. 14, meaning he is banned from campus.%0D\
Brown said the trespass was based on complaints and an investigation involving "potential harassment or stalking or intimidation" of student body President Christopher Armstrong by Shirvell. %0D
- from twitter:\
Great, someone found my house and took a dump on my welcome mat... HUMAN FECES.. ON MY WELCOME MAT!! :( about 2 hours ago via web
- Perhaps the federal AG could look into this?
- some more of his recent tweets:
# I'm going to bed maybe had a few too many at dinner.. about 18 hours ago via web
# @StephenAtHome keeps kicking me from following him, screw him. about 18 hours ago via web
# @andrewshirveii I don't find your attacks funny, but quite offensive. Please stop or I will report you to Twitter. about 18 hours ago via web
# Whats the big deal with me having a Twitter account? Murderers and 'gays' have Twitter why can't I? about 19 hours ago via web
# Heading out, hope to see some friends at Grizzly Peak.. about 20 hours ago via web
# @queerspawn I would appreciate you wouldn't mention my job, Thanks. about 20 hours ago via web
# My GIRLFRIEND and I are going to dinner tonight. Grizzly Peak Brewing here I come! about 20 hours ago via web
# @QueerSpawn Well, I see you must be a blasphemous atheist. about 20 hours ago via web in reply to QueerSpawn
# @kinareth All I wanted to do was promote my appearance on AC360 and I am being pounded from every angle. about 20 hours ago via web
# @andrewshirveii I am not going to sit here and play with myself. Cut the crap... about 20 hours ago via web
# @queerspawn You have no idea how ashamed you make Jesus and I. about 20 hours ago via web
# @stephengilson Do you have a better idea? about 20 hours ago via web
# @andrewshirveii You can impersonate me and try to discredit me but I understand it is your form of protest. about 20 hours ago via web
# @ciarod What have contributed to society besides aids?
how can he still have a job??
- Well, then. As long as he has a GIRLFRIEND!
- Shirvell has shown up at various Michigan Student Assembly events to protest Armstrong, including holding signs attacking him that included a rainbow with a swastika drawn on it.%0D\
Armstrong calls Shirvell "a threat to my own personal safety%E2%80%9D and details several instances where Shirvell followed Armstrong%E2%80%99s friends as they partied in various Ann Arbor locations, hoping to confront Armstrong.%0D\
This guy needs to out of a job and locked up. Send an e-mail to the office of Michigan''s Attorney General. Tell him to get rid of Shirvell. %0D
- I laughed at the capitalized GIRLFRIEND too.\
What a pathetic, deluded freak he is; he is trying SOOOO hard to be "straight" but every thing he does or says is so clearly the product of extreme self-loathing & envy of this out gay cutie.
- [bold][quote]HUMAN FECES.. ON MY WELCOME MAT!! :([/bold]\
He really does seem like a second-rate John Waters character.
- I mentioned his at the beginning of this thread, and I am more convinced of it now. There is more to this Shrivelled Cox story. There''s some connection between them and in the beginning this was an attempt to throw suspicion off them.\
Now Shrivell is getting out of control and I don''t think Cox knows what the fuck to do with him. This guy is certifiable and Cox must know it. \
There should be SOME way to shut him down or shut him up and Cox isn''t doing it.
- And he is so clearly loving the attention, including the poopy doormat.\
(He might have staged that himself, come to think of it.)\
He seems to be utterly without self-awareness.\
- How does he know it''s human feces?
- How does he know it''s "human" feces? Hopefully it''s just dog feces.
- As part of the Michigan Law & Order, doesn''t Shrivel have the authority to demand DNA testing of the excrement?
Swabs! I demand every stinking anus be swabbed!
- E-mail Cox''s office. Demand he fire Shirvell.
- I think he''s hot!
Shock Your Mama
- First a tweet that says "I''m going to bed maybe I had a few too many at dinner."\
Very next tweet is "HUMAN FECES ON MY WELCOME MAT."\
How do you spell "duh?"\
Many of us have had similar experiences when we can''t hold our liquor. But for normal people, the outcome is more likely to be human vomit on the lawn.
- This guy is an assistant Attorney General of the State of Michigan. He is a public official and an officer of the courts. His conduct is completely unacceptable and more than likely criminal. %0D\
This story ought to be on the front pages of the major daily newspapers in Detroit, it ought to make the NYT, and it ought to put Mike Cox on the front burner with Shrivell in his lap. %0D\
I am SO glad so many of us are actively protesting, but we also need to include pressure on the news media to cover this. %0D\
If we can discover this stuff he is posting and doing, how come they can''t. I know people who''ve been fired from jobs or suspended or expelled from schools because of crap on their Facebook page. %0D\
Yet he can post filth to his twitter account and get away with it. A man in his position? And you know damned good and well he has to be posting some of this on company time! This is bullshit. We need to end it. We need to push back.
- [quote]This story ought to be on the front pages of the major daily newspapers in Detroit, it ought to make the NYT, and it ought to put Mike Cox on the front burner with Shrivell in his lap. %0D\
Welcome to America. I assume you''ve just arrived?
- He must have some serious dirt on his boss when he doesn''t get fired for cyber stalking / bullying the student body president of MI.
- It''s way beyond cyber stalking. He shows up at the student''s residence in the middle of the night. He follows friends of the student to find out if they''re going to meet up. It''s been in the press in Michigan.%0D\
e-mail the attorney general''s office at the link.
- Update: "Shrivel''s" blog is now "invitation only". You can''t view it until you log on and, presumably, subscribe. If he approves you.
- "Shrivel''s" blog is now "invitation only".\
Yeah, we saw that, too. So now he''s really only writing this crap for himself, and that''s another positive development. Who would even want an invitation to join his blog?
- Shrivell should be terminated from his job. He is unfit to be an Assistant Attorney General. The public cannot have any confidence that he will look at matters fairly and rationally and enforce all the laws of the state.\
He should also be brought up before the state bar because his conduct is unbecoming a member of the Michigan Bar.\
But even if fired and/or disciplined by the bar, he nevertheless remains a threat to Chris Armstrong as long as he is walking the streets stalking this kid.\
Perhaps a psychiatric exam is in order.
- [quote]He should also be brought up before the state bar because his conduct is unbecoming a member of the Michigan Bar... Perhaps a psychiatric exam is in order.%0D\
Excellent suggestions. I hope you''ll pass them along at the link. %0D
- Shirvell has major, major gay voice. It''s so clear that he is a self-loathing closet case! Deeply closeted gay men are so often the most hateful, anti-gay people on earth.
- You can''t view the blog without an invitation.
- Someone needs to cut that bitch Shirvell! I''m serious! Someone needs to cut her, before she goes further off the deep end and hurts Chris Armstrong!
- Holy cow, Anderson Cooper had this guy on his show today. What a creepy fucker. He reminded me of that Buffalo Bill character in Silence of the Lambs, only focused on this gay kid instead of women.
- Shirvell has been banned from UM''s campus and Armstrong file a protection order. They go to court on monday.
Attorney General Mike Cox changed his stance Thursday, suspending Andrew Shirvell after the assistant attorney general attracted national attention for a controversial blog that ridicules and denounces a University of Michigan student leader for his gay advocacy, religious beliefs and character. %0D\
The suspension came a day after Cox told CNN he didn''t intend to fire Shirvell, citing civil service rules that protect government employees from being "fired willy-nilly" for exercising their rights of free speech. %0D
- [quote]Great, someone found my house and took a dump on my welcome mat... HUMAN FECES.. ON MY WELCOME MAT!! :( about 2 hours ago via web%0D\
SOMEONE has sent me a BOWEL MOVEMENT!
why not fired???
- There''s something really rotten in the Michigan AG''s office if this whacko only got suspended. He should have been fired and locked up for observation.
- When looking at Shirvell, take note of George Rekers, Rev. Ted Haggard, and Pastor Eddie Long -- gay men who spread hatred toward gays.%0D\
I just e-mailed the AG/s office to complain that he should have been fired instead of just suspended. Shirvell must have something on Cox if he''s been able to cling to his job thus far. He should have been fired weeks ago. %0D
- Told you. Cox will cave under pressure!!! Keep it up! I'd love to get a job description for the assistant AG position and publicize what Shrivell's duties are supposed to be. This guy is in a position of power. This is an abuse of his office. %0D
The same argument can be used against Cox, the AG. Abuse of power. Next step is a criminal investigation of Shrivell, and Cox, and for someone in the legislature to call a news conference to insist Cox be investigated!!! %0D
I hope natinal press is at whatever hearing is sscheduled for Monday. Johnson's only safety is in being out in public.%0D
They need to start ripping that AG's office apart, because when he unsuccessfully ran for governor this year, Cox got in bed with some pretty crazy religious elements who are so extreme I'd bet you someone has proposed hurting Gay guys... or worse. %0D
This Shrivell and Cox need to be joined together at the hip in the public mind and if the Student Council President so much as stubs his toe they need to shine a light on these two! %0D
- Shirvell has been suspended. See link.
- Sizzlean, bless your noble intent, but why did you not read up *just* a few posts above your to see that indeed we already knew about the suspension....?
DL is pretty quick on these kinds of things
- That''s a good start, R260, but it''s only a gesture to quiet all the media attention. It''s not enough. We should keep up the pressure.%0D\
Not enough by a long shot. The fact Shrivell closed his personal blog, and he''s been suspended are baby steps for damage control. Cox cannot stand the scrutiny.
- I agree R262. Have you sent e-mails to the AG office? They need to get blasted with e-mail from all directions.
- I expect he will be fired, but unless he''s also required to have some kind of psychiatric evaluation, I think he''ll just go on being a freelance stalker and crazy person...and with no job to lose, might become even more dangerous as "Jesus" talks to him.
- R259 who is Johnson?
- "PERSONAL LEAVE"???
- Keep it up my darlings! Let''s get this bastard fired!
- Getting him fired is only the first step. He needs to be prosecuted. At what point do we say enough is enough, and clearly demonstrate that bullying is not acceptable, stalking and harrassment are illegal, and when a state official, a member of the criminal justice system, no less,gets banned from a state university campus,he poses a threat, a danger and he IS a law enforcement issue. %0D\
His attitudes and behavior are no surprise to his boss. That needs to be investigated by the legislature, and by the so-called investigative reporters out here.%0D\
I''ve sent e-mails to the AG, the governor and every single Democratic member of both houses in the State Legislature. I''m unemployed so I have LOTS of time.
- [italic]According to Sullivan:[/italic] There''s one reason Cox cannot fire Shirvell. His Christianist base backs everything Shirvell believes.
- His office also needs to be examined to see if he used state time, equipment or man-power in any way, including using his computers to find information or harass the student.
- He should be punished and institutionalized.
- [quote]I''ve sent e-mails to the AG, the governor and every single Democratic member of both houses in the State Legislature. %0D\
I''ve been trying to find an e-mail address for the U.S. Attorney''s Office for the Western District of Michigan. Let me know if someone can find it. Both Cox and Shirvell need to be investigated. %0D\
Donald A. Davis is US Attorney for that area but it appears they will only view snailmail, not e-mail.
- Wouldn''t it be wonderful, R272, if the election of a gay student body president -- something quite trivial in itself -- brought some of these people down? Thanks to people like A.C. and Sullivan who are pushing it in national media, it is already one of the most vivid exposures of what these horrible people are really all about. Reasonable straight people -- whether or not they are active backers of any "gay agenda" -- are outraged.
- A.C''s spotlight has made me a fanderson!
- There is a parody thread by @AndrewShirveII (the II looks like ll in the twitter font) His latest tweet is: My big collection of DISGUSTING gay porno a necessary evil to know what enemy''s up to. Doing right is hard. #AndrewShirvell #TotallyNotGay
- So Shirvell is on "administrative leave" which means he get paid to do nothing all day (except stalk his target?) \
And that helps...how?
- I think he should be the subject of a criminal investigation, and I think Mike Cox, his boss, needs to be investigated to determine just how much Shrivell got away with. Cox had to know about him. He isn''t subtle. %0D\
Cox should be impeached for conduct unbecoming. He''s an elected official. Either that or he should be charged with a crime, too. Aiding and abetting for a start.
- What''s really disheartening is the number of assholes commenting at various news sites who paint this as a freedom of speech issue and not the harassment, stalking, cyber-stalking hate crime that it is.
- When a hate message was posted from the office of Senator Saxby Chambliss, within thirty minutes our very best cyber-gays were able to determine the IP address.\
Can our cyber-gays hack into Shirvell''s blog and log the times he posted hismessages to see if we can see if he posted any of his hate messages during work hours (8:30am-5:00pm according to Atty Gen Mike Cox).\
Come on girls, dig up that dirt!
- I don''t think he''s gonna be around much longer.\
This is great. This is direct outcry and publicity leading to his punishment.\
But, the ridiculous backlash will be that this is what gays do. We''re spreading our agenda and trying to remove the church and morality from public life. We are the ones who got a good, God-fearing man fired.
- too bad. Of course that''s how they''ll spin it. They always do.\
But their numbers are dwindling, slowly but surely, the more stories like these crack into the national consciousness.
- [quote]We''re spreading our agenda and trying to remove the church and morality from public life. We are the ones who got a good, God-fearing man fired.%0D\
But two years from now, the whole scenario will change when he''s caught tapping his foot in an airport mens room...
- R282, maybe, but he comes across more like he''d be famous for shooting an abortion doctor in church or having school age boys buried under his floorboards.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica has created a hilarious page on this case! lulz.
- "Finding the Right Lady"%0D\
THAT is precious!%0D\
This guy is definitely a closet case. No normal straight man - who is secure in his own sexuality - has a need to obsess over gays in such a bizarre way. And to couch it in born-again religious superstition is even more wacko.%0D\
What a weird, weird creep!
- Well, once he completes his "self-imposed" paid leave from his job, he will face a disciplinary hearing. Cox, his boss said he''s "concerned" not about the blog, because he sees this hate speech as a Free Speech issue, which it isn''t, but he is "concerned" about the guy being banned from U of M''s campus and video-taping outside Armstrong''s house at 1:30 A.M. %0D\
That leave of absense and the disciplinary hearing wouldn''t have happened without the campus banning coupled with all the e-mails and phone calls to the AG''s office. We need to keep up the pressure. Keep calling the AG. Shrivell needs to be prosecuted.%0D\
I think we need to insist the news media explore the relationship between Cox and Shrivell.%0D\
There''s a facebook page to support Armstrong, and I think it needs more visitors!
- He''s a go-getter R283. I''m sure he can accomplish all three.
- "There''s a facebook page to support Armstrong, and I think it needs more visitors!"\
- Who should play Andy in his lifetime biopic?
- [quote]This guy is definitely a closet case. No normal straight man - who is secure in his own sexuality - has a need to obsess over gays in such a bizarre way.\
THAT ought to be embroidered on a pillow and given to all the closeted wingnuts. They can bite on it while they''re being fucked by their boyfriends.
- [quote]They can bite on it while they''re being fucked by their boyfriends.\
They don''t have boyfriends. They cruise rest stops and Craigslist.
- Oh, dear god. I just watched the Anderson Cooper interview of this guy in the link at R284 and I nearly fell off my bed hearing the fucker''s gay voice and seeing his completely obtuse demeanor and statements. Jesus christ on a stick. How does this guy manage to delude himself on a daily basis and appear on national TV attempting to do the same thing?%0D\
His message of hate isn''t stunning; it''s average for his ilk. However, he is in the league of the absurd for other reasons.
- I don''t often see Anderson, but is he always this ingenious? He is the perfect interviewer for this guy. Anderson knows, of course, how gay and dishonest the guy appears, but he doesn''t point it out. He just lets the guy parade it all before us. Brilliant.
- That interview made me love Anderson even more.%0D\
Andy is brilliant! He could have been a brilliant lawyer! He is SO amazing.%0D\
Lovely and amazing.
- I couldn''t help but think the cuts in the video might have been Shirvell calling out Anderson for being gay. After all, Anderson did keep asking about Shirvell''s job when for some stupid reason the guy said he would talk about everything but that.\
I hated the way Shirvell started almost-every statment with "Anderson..." And clearly, Shirvell knows just how to get up to the line and stand in the gray area without crossing into illegal behavior. Creeeeeep.
- "Excuse me, Anderson". I know, it was soooo annoying.%0D\
I personally don''t think he knew Anderson was gay or else he wouldn''t have gone on the show.
- I saw the interview also.%0D\
Oh. My. God.%0D\
Gayer than a bunny with an Easter basket. Gayer than Ikea on Super Bowl Sunday. Gayer than...%0D\
You get the picture. Unreal.
- He should be the poster-boy for closeted gay.
- Article in this morning's Detroit News on the race for AG in Michigan. It's pretty obvious to me that this guy Shrivell did his gay-bashing with the blessing of AG Cox. %0D
Cox was desperate to get the Republican nomination for governor. This guy ran his campaign day to day, and was involved in strategy for the campaign. %0D
Cox took an anti-immigration stance and he was one of the first candidates to publically scream about healthcare reforms, saying he'd oppose Obamacare and fight it in the courts, stop it from coming to Michigan. %0D
Add to that the way Shrivell went about the gay-bashing. Cox distances himself from actual direct involvement, but no way Shrivell did what he did without the knowledge and the support of his boss. %0D
It's even more reprehensible, because this is the chief law enforcement officer of the state of Michigan. It's important now, bcz there's a hot race for AG going on. Cox can't run again, but the Republican who is running vows to uphold all Cox's positions and fight the same fights. %0D
If you are able to do anything to support David Leyton, the Democrat, please help. This really is intolerable. I think it's time for these rotten bastards to come out of the closet. Let them know their stragety isn't working.
- Keep the pressure on. Keep e-mailing the office of the Attorney General. E-mail to that addy is probably seen by numerous people on the office staff.%0D\
Is there any doubt that Andrew Shirvell is gay? %0D\
Since his boss, Attorney General Cox, has been so busy covering for Shirvell in the past few weeks, it''s an easy guess that they''re a secret couple - two self-hating closet cases.
- ...or even just that one drunken night Cox might have "let" Shirvell blow him, and that fact alone could be what''s keeping Cox from just plain firing him...
- You''re delusional, R300. Sometimes a right-wing reactionary homophobe AG is just a right-wing reactionary homophobe AG. This particular one even had a heterosexual cheating scandal awhile back. Which is all the more reason he now comes off so tough on "family values" issues.
- Am I delusional as well, r301?
- Don''t only e-mail the AG''s office, start harrassing the media. Local news papers and TV stations Raise hell, keep the pressure up. He has his hearing today. He needs to be fired...then prosecuted. It isn''t up to the Student Council president to press charges, it is up to law enforcement to charge him with crimes. %0D\
These people will do nothing about this unless we shine the light of media attention on Cox and Shrivell. Cox isn''t a closet case. He''s worse. He has no ethical sense, no morals, he is rotten thru and thru. His sense of right and wrong depend completely on what he get''s caught doing.
- Not at all, R302. It''s perfectly plausible that a gay man posing as a straight man is blackmailing a straight man with whom he shared a gay incident so that the faux-straight man can enjoy free reign in harassing an out gay men.\
Honestly, have none of you ever actually met a Republican or religious fundamentalist?\
And have you never seen Mike Cox? The man''s hot, he wouldn''t have to settle for a sniveling toad like Shirvell to get a blow job, if that''s what he wanted.
- That you find Cox "hot" r305, reveals a lot about you.
- What, that I have eyes?
- You lose sight of the human dynamics operating here in your determination to reduce this to a sexual situation. It may very well be about sex at least subconsciously for Shrivell. %0D\
But it''s really about power and influence. Shrivell is obviously crazy. He was placed in a position of power by Cox. He probably never has been in such a position before in his life.%0D\
Cox likely made deals with the devil to get his gubernatorial campaign off the ground. He was running against a lunatic county Sheriff who is absolutely in wwith the tea party people. %0D\
In the end neither he not the Tea Party candidate won. A "Daddy Warbucks" busnessman won. A self made millionaire who has shipped thousands of Michigan jobs to China! LOLOL!%0D\
Cox got in bed (figuratively speaking) with the reactionaries, Cnoservatives,wingnuts and Catholics,and Shrivell was just one result. Cox is a political whore. While he was off bangin his secretary, he let Shrivell run amok.
- Send in bobby trendy.
- any updates?
- R296, may I ask you a question that has bothered me about people like you for years?\
How is the meaning of \
"I personally don''t think ..."\
"I don''t think ..."
- Michigan Student Assembly President Chris Armstrong is scheduled to be interviewed on CNN''s "Anderson Cooper 360" Wednesday evening (Oct 6th) in his first media appearance since attacks levied against him by Michigan assistant attorney general Andrew Shirvell gained national media attention.\
%E2%80%9CChris Armstrong the college student targeted for months by an asst attorney gen in michigan will break his silence on 360 tomorrow,%E2%80%9D Cooper tweeted Tuesday afternoon.
- Thanks for the info, 312!!
You people watch too many soap operas.
- Now that I have seen the fidgety, nervous Armstrong on Anderson Cooper, I think something is up. There is more to this story than we have uncovered as yet.
- Was he fidgety and nervous? Damn, I was hoping he''d be calm and masterful.
- R316=Shirvell''s Mom. Face it hon, your boy has been a pole smoker all his life.%0D
- Now, seeing the video of Armstrong, I''m more impressed than ever that Michigan elected him. I pictured some straight-acting type. This is a stereotypical gay:
- He lost to the former CEO of Gateway, probably the worst computer company of all time. Well, that''s pretty sad.%0D
- R220, I was just reading the paper in my town of a cop who was fired for wearing his gun while jogging off-duty. I cannot get over the outrageous INSANITY Americans get away with doing in public.
- I''m convinced Shirvell has some dirt on the AG.%0D\
I don''t mean ssexual necessarily. I think it''s more along the lines of $$$ and politics.
- What''s the latest with Shirvell?
- [quote]Now that I have seen the fidgety, nervous Armstrong on Anderson Cooper, I think something is up. There is more to this story than we have uncovered as yet.\
Oh, please. Just because this kid may have been "fidgety" and "nervous," does not mean that "something is up" or that there is "more to this story." It may just mean that he was a bit unnerved because he was being interviewed by AC on national television regarding some nutjob who is stalking him. And nothing more.\
- This story sure fizzled out fast.
- For the time being, the shrivelling sicko Shirvell seems to have slithered out of sight.%0D\
We need to keep an eye on this wacko closet case...who knows what he might try next.
- They are waiting out his contract
- R316, what is wrong with you, or are you just trolling? And R319, why do you have to compliment the student body for electing a "stereotypical gay" who, after all, is an out gay student - whatever his ability to meet your notions of what students will accept? \
What is with the insidious homophobia here, masquerading as DL banter? Smells like confused nitwits or the shit of trolls, indeed.
- What''s happening with Shirvell? Any more stories in the papers? Is the whole thing forgotten? Has he been ordered to stay away from Armstrong and Armstrong''s friends?
- Andrew Shirvell's attorney threatens lawsuit against University of Michigan%0D
An attorney representing Michigan assistant attorney general Andrew Shirvell plans to ask the University of Michigan to allow his client back on its 3,000-acre campus, now that U-M's student body president has dropped his request for a personal protection order against Shirvell.%0D
And if the trespass warning issued Sept. 14 isn%E2%80%99t rescinded, a lawsuit against U-M will likely follow, said Philip Thomas, Shirvell's attorney.%0D
Andrew Shirvell, pictured in this Michigan Daily photo taken at a Michigan Student Assembly meeting, currently can't step foot on campus.%0D
Armstrong, who is the university's first openly gay student body president, filed the restraining order request Sept. 13 after Shirvell launched a blog attacking him for his "radical homosexual agenda" and started showing up at events and outside his house to protest and heckle him.%0D
Shirvell maintained his actions constituted protected speech guaranteed under the First Amendment. The events sparked a media firestorm, and Shirvell took a voluntary leave Oct. 1, possibly using his own vacation time, Thomas said. %0D
A Nov. 5 hearing will determine what disciplinary action, if any, will be taken against the assistant attorney general at work. %0D
According to Thomas, his client has tried to get a hearing with U-M Public Safety Director Ken Magee at least three times since campus police read Shirvell a trespass warning on Sept. 14. %0D
A meeting hasn%E2%80%99t yet been scheduled, and Thomas said they haven't heard back. A campus police spokesperson confirmed there a meeting with Magee hadn't been scheduled as of Monday.%0D
%E2%80%9CIn the matter concerning the appeal of the trespass, we want that withdrawn,%E2%80%9D Thomas said. %E2%80%9CHe should be able to go onto that campus for whatever reason. It%E2%80%99s legal as long as what he%E2%80%99s doing is legal, and he%E2%80%99s not threatening in any way.%E2%80%9D%0D
Thomas said his client is proud of attending the University of Michigan and loves his school.%0D
%E2%80%9CThe next step would be the courts,%E2%80%9D Thomas continued. %0D
Thomas said his client hasn't been charged with a crime and didn't threaten Armstrong, although Armstrong described feeling threatened in his request for a personal protection order. Armstrong withdrew that request this morning.%0D
%E2%80%9CBut we%E2%80%99re confident when they see the Ann Arbor Police Department report, as well as evidence that the PPO has been dismissed, we%E2%80%99re hopeful that we%E2%80%99re going to be able to get both of those matters resolved, and that cooler heads will prevail," Thomas said.%0D
A university spokesperson did not immediately respond to an e-mail from AnnArbor.com.%0D
- Protection Request Against Anti-Gay Lawyer Dropped%0D
The gay student government president at the University of Michigan dropped a request Monday for a personal protection order against an assistant state attorney general who heckled his speeches and criticized him on a blog.%0D
Chris Armstrong's lawyer notified the Washtenaw County Circuit Court he was withdrawing the request just hours before an afternoon court hearing.%0D
Armstrong had accused Andrew Shirvell of videotaping a late-night party at his off-campus house, showing up at campus appearances with a sign that said "racist" and "liar," and lambasting him as someone with a "radical homosexual agenda" on his blog.%0D
"The petition for a personal protection order was dismissed by Chris Armstrong because he received assurance that he will no longer be contacted by Andrew Shirvell," Armstrong's lawyer, U. Ashwin Patel, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.%0D
Patel said Armstrong "would like to focus on his classes, finishing his senior year and his work with" student government.%0D
Shirvell, a University of Michigan alumnus, referred calls to his lawyer, Philip Thomas, who predicted he would have won the argument against a protection order "hands down."%0D
Thomas said Shirvell has had no contact with Armstrong for weeks since the protection request was filed Sept. 13. He is on personal leave from his state job until Nov. 5, when he faces a disciplinary hearing.%0D
"I don't believe Andrew has done or said anything that wasn't constitutionally protected," Thomas said. "Everything Andrew has done has been on his own time. ... If someone could get a PPO against Andrew, then why wouldn't the Democratic Party get a PPO against Rush Limbaugh for what he says about our president?%0D
"That's not what America is about. People have free-speech rights."%0D
In his request to keep Shirvell away, Armstrong said the lawyer's actions had been "incredibly hurtful and distressing."%0D
After learning Armstrong had a summer internship with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Shirvell called her office and asked the internship coordinator "if he knew I was a racist," Armstrong said in a court filing.%0D
Shirvell also attended a Michigan Student Assembly meeting in September and asked that Armstrong be impeached.%0D
Thomas argued that Armstrong decided to get involved in campus politics and shouldn't be surprised that some people don't like him.%0D
University of Michigan police have threatened to ticket Shirvell for trespassing if he comes on campus, said Thomas, who is trying to have the warning overturned now that the protection order request has been withdrawn.%0D
Separately, Shirvell faces a hearing next week with his superiors at the attorney general's office in Lansing. The hearing is closed to the public.%0D
Attorney General Mike Cox "has concerns about the actions that's he's read about on the blog and what we've heard about as far as the trespassing issue with the University of Michigan," spokesman John Sellek said.%0D
- okay, WTF is going on here? the latest move, with the student dropping the protection order, is just TOO strange.
- "...okay, WTF is going on here? the latest move, with the student dropping the protection order, is just TOO strange."\
Not strange at all.... he probably wants to about the business of being a student, without being in and out of court with that creep.\
Still, I wouldn''t trust Shirvell at all..... he sounds like the type who''ll eventually be back....
- Has he blogged about it? Has the AG made any statement since suspending him?
- If I were that kid, I''d take the situation into my own hands. I''d locate the assistant DA in some out of the way spot, and BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM! But, I''m that kind of gay man...I bash back!
- You''re my kind of person, r336. %0D\
WEHT [bold]ACT UP[/bold]? We need them to be active again.
- I wonder if Armstrong is just trying to show who is the bigger man in this situation and just try to get on with his life. I think he''ll be fine. He has his friends and the backing of the university and campus police are aware of what an unhinged crazy person Shirvell is.%0D\
I also wonder if Armstrong and his friends are just giving Shirvell enough rope to hand himself. If he comes around again to stalk, I think they''ll be ready with their cameras and will ultimately demonstrate what an obssessed, closeted asshold the AAG is.%0D\
Too bad the Nov. 5 hearing for Shirvell is not open to the public. I would love to hear the defense his lawyer comes up with. At least, this is costing Shirvell $$$. Or at least I hope.
- A question for any lawyers reading the thread: if Person A obtains a restraining order against Person B, is A legally bound to avoid B or just the opposite? Perhaps Armstrong was planning on harassing Shirvell.
Assistant AG Andrew Shirvell's hearing to continue%0D
BY LORI HIGGINS%0D
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER%0D
The disciplinary hearing for Andrew Shirvell, the assistant attorney general who has been under fire for his attacks on an openly gay University of Michigan student leader, will continue next week.%0D
The hearing began at 9 a.m. today and ran until about 1 p.m., said Philip Thomas, Shirvell%E2%80%99s attorney. He said the hearing had to be cut short because many of the participants had other afternoon commitments. It will pick up either Tuesday or Wednesday, Thomas said.%0D
He said he went to the hearing armed with a file of information for the four-member panel conducting the hearing. %0D
%E2%80%9CIt doesn%E2%80%99t surprise or shock me that the panel needs more time,%E2%80%9D to review the information, which includes police reports and prosecutor reports. %E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m appreciative of that.%E2%80%9D %0D
Thomas said the hearing is chaired by the human resources director at the attorney general%E2%80%99s office. Others on the panel include legal staff.%0D
Thomas declined to comment on how the hearing is going.%0D
Shirvell returned to the AG%E2%80%99s office today, after a nearly month-long voluntary leave of absence. He has been criticized for his blog in which he calls Chris Armstrong, the president of the Michigan Student Assembly, a radical homosexual, a Nazi and Satan%E2%80%99s representative on the assembly. Thomas has said his client is expressing his free-speech rights.%0D
Armstrong has asked the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission to investigate Shirvell and possibly disbar him. %0D
Shirvell will remain on his voluntary leave until the disciplinary hearing is complete, Thomas said.%0D
- "The Daily Show" hung that jackass out to dry earlier this week. Calling him a douchebag is an insult to douchebags.
- Can''t Armstrong sue Shirvell for slander? It''s not like he was a public figure when Shirvell went off on him. That call to Pelosi''s office alone should suffice.%0D\
I swear people in this country treat free speech as some all-purpose excuse for the worst kind of behavior. Are our laws really so toothless when it comes to protecting private citizens from this crap?
- Thanks for posting that R341. I can believe that Shirvell is stupid enough to have gone on the Daily Show. Did he not know that the show was going to make him look like a jackass? He didn''t bother to go online and check out some clips before agreeing to appear? Yet another indicator of his lack of intellectual prowess. %0D\
Though, I was surprised by how he came across as an unpolished hick like he did on %0D\
AC360. You''d think he and his friends would brainstorm possible questions and practice some canned intelligent-sounding answers, but, no, again he kept coming up with blanks and filling those spaces with "ums" and overused catchphrases (throwing under the bus).%0D\
The only thing that came from that is that even more TV viewers know that he''s a closet case.
- As others have noted, he seems to be mentally ill. (In addition to being a raging homophobe, possibly closeted).%0D\
There are synapses there that seem to be firing all kinds of mutated brain chemicals.
- I believe he was temporarily suspended form his position earlier today.
- He should have been fired not suspended, and it''s odd that the kid dropped the restraining order. Shirvell should be driven out of the state.
- He IS fired now...%0D\
Note, the link is to the Detroit Free Press (freep.com) not the Free Republic!
- That stupid little piece of shit will easily find work with NewsCorp or some other Christian-fascist organization.
- I wonder if he''s too unhinged to work in any organization. Whether he''ll start some sort of batshit right wing "think tank" and keep up his crazy blogging.
- R374 scooped you by over an hour there, 350.
- This is great news:%0D\
Andrew Shirvell has been fired from his job as a Michigan assistant state attorney general, his attorney said this afternoon.%0D\
Shirvell was fired for using state resources for his campaign against University of Michigan student body President Chris Armstrong and for lying to investigators during his disciplinary hearing, Attorney General Mike Cox said in a statement.%0D\
- Here's info on the firing from the Detroit Free Press:%0D
The firing was confirmed in a statement this afternoon from AG Mike Cox, who said Shirvell was fired for conduct unbecoming a state employee, especially that of an assistant attorney general.%0D
%E2%80%9CTo be clear, I refuse to fire anyone for exercising their First Amendment rights, regardless of how popular or unpopular their positions might be. However, Shirvell repeatedly violated office policies, engaged in borderline stalking behavior, and inappropriately used state resources, our investigation showed.%E2%80%9D%0D
Among the examples cited by Cox in the statement:%0D
%E2%80%A2 Showed up at the home of a private citizen three times, including once at 1:30 a.m. That incident is especially telling because it clearly was about harassing Mr. Armstrong, not engaging in free speech.%0D
%E2%80%A2 Further engaged in behavior that, while not perhaps sufficient to charge criminal stalking, was harassing, uninvited and showed a pattern that was in the everyday sense, stalking. %0D
%E2%80%A2 Harassing Armstrong's friends as they were socializing in Ann Arbor;%0D
%E2%80%A2 Numerous calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office, Armstrong's employer, in an attempt to slander Armstrong %E2%80%94 and ultimately attempting to cause Pelosi to fire Armstrong;%0D
%E2%80%A2 Attempting to "out" Armstrong's friends as homosexual %E2%80%94 several of whom were not gay.%0D
Cox said Shirvell engaged in his campaign against Shirvell on company time and posted attacks on Armstrong on the Internet while at work.%0D
- There may be further action against hate-monger Shirvell.%0D\
Armstrong%E2%80%99s attorney, Deborah Gordon, issued a statement this afternoon in which she said the AG%E2%80%99s office made the correct decision. Gordon and Armstrong have filed complaints with the Michigan Grievance Commission, asking it to investigate Shirvell and possibly disbar him.%0D\
%E2%80%9CThe next step must be a complete retraction of all the malicious lies and fabrications by Mr. Shirvell, and a public apology to Chris Armstrong, his family and the others Mr. Shirvell has slandered.%E2%80%9D%0D\
Gordon went on to say it%E2%80%99s time for Shirvell to realize there are consequences to his %E2%80%9Creckless, outrageous statements and actions and that he is solely responsible for those consequences.%E2%80%9D%0D\
- Maybe the MI Board of Professional Responsibility will require he get psychological counseling for his stalking behavior as a requirement of him keeping his license. How effective counseling will be for a person who is in denial is highly in doubt. It wouldn''t surprise me if Shirvell is/was suicidal.
- What a sad, pitiful character. Here''s hoping that he just goes away and leaves Chris Armstrong alone.\
In addition to being a lunatic, a stalker, and a hate-monger, he came off, during both on-camera interviews, as rather stupid. While I''m not surprised that he graduated from Ave Maria Law School, it is somewhat shocking that he was able to pass the Michigan bar exam.\
And yes, how clueless do you have to be to agree to go on the Daily Show?
- According to Shirvell''s attorney, %E2%80%9CThere%E2%80%99s been a tremendous piling on against Andrew. The liberal media started this tempest in a teapot.%E2%80%9D%0D\
- He comes off as postal and clearly enjoys the spotlight.
- I''ve been out of the swim for a while and just gotten back. YES! This clown was appropriately dealt with, but given Shirvell''s mental instability and lack of common sense, what would such an unhinged character come up with next? And no, I don''t think there''s any way that even Fox News is going to touch him. Right wing and looney as though they may be the execs at Fox know that he''s mentally unstable.%0D\
Firearms scare me for good reason. When I think of Shirvell and a gun at the same time, I''m cold. I can only hope he uses it on himself.%0D\
- Now that he''s been fired, he needs to be disbarred. \
I''m still confused as to why the protection order issue was dropped by Armstrong, especially in light of the firing. Shirvell is clearly mentally unbalanced and obsessed. His grasp on reality is tenuous, at best. This firing and public embarrassment could easily drive him to physical violence.
- He does sound mentally ill.
- Here''s a report on Huffpo from our Andy.
- Of course Andrew, you''re not responsible for the consequences of your crazy and unstable behavior. Typical self-righteous fundie right-wing lunatic, an appalling lack of insight to his own behavior and complete lack of accountability.\
Still, he''s a sad, pathetic character despite his hateful actions and somewhere I suppose I should feel some pity for this unhappy person, but I find it hard.
- What happened next to this crazy kid?
- When this thread popped up again, I wondered if I''d click on it to find that he''d killed himself.
- Judgement against him in civil case: $4.5 million
- Me too r366
- This is good news. At last a hate-monger has to pay.
- R366 - I'd though about that, too. I think the case keeps him going and as long as he devotes his energy to it, he can keep the other stuff at bay. Why else would he refuse to drop it and apologize? It's all he has to do to make it all go away. He's now unemployed and unemployable even by right wing fring organizations. Even they know how crazy he is. Appeals activity will keep it from sinking in.