- And her twins are 10!\
And her tits are even younger!\
Thanks, I''ll be here all week.\
Try the veal!
- Really underrated talent, the original Rizzo in Grease, was up for the film role, but Norman Lear refused to release her from her shooting schedule from Maude. Was also DePalma''s first choice to play Carrie.
- R2, Adrienne did an interview with "Hollywood Kids" years back and she said that she was never considered for Rizzo. Carr wanted Liza Minnelli, who actually might have been interesting, but she still thought she was hot shit, even after three straight movie flops and asked for a ridiculous amount of money. Carr then went to Lucie Arnaz but when she was asked to screen test, Lucy exploded and said that she built Paramount and no daughter of hers was going to screen test. Stockard Channing, who was doing "Vanities" with Lucie, got the nod.
- I''ve met her once or twice. She was surprisingly quiet and shy, not so surprisingly disinterested in chatting with fans. She didn''t have any makeup on when I met her, and she looked lovely.
- Not to send the thread in another direction, but r3 is right -- that Allan Carr biography that came out earlier this year said Lucie Arnaz was told the role was hers, but it didn''t happen. Stockard Channing came in to audition and was cast on the spot, as the first scene with Rizzo was shooting in the next day or two.\
Adrienne Barbeau could''ve been great in the role and had a whole different career.
- In the summer of ''83 I saw Adrienne in Aspen.
- She is quite charming and fun on General Hospital
- Lucie Arnaz would have been SO much better than Stockard Channing, and she can actually sing.\
Another reason to hate Lucille Ball.
- Just watched the Eight is Enough episode where Adrienne plays David's "older woman" friend. Times have changed in that people wouldn't blink now about a 30 year old woman dating a 22 year old man. They haven't changed in that doctors were upset about "socialized medicine".
Adrienne was beautiful and very voluptuous, and almost a little plump, in that episode.
- Carrie Fisher was also pursued for Rizzo.
- Adrienne would have made a better Rizzo than Carrie, even though she was too old for the part. (Stockard was too old as well.)
- Just saw her on Battle of the Network Stars '77 last night. She can't catch a football to save her life.
- R12 - She wasn't on it for her athletic ability.
- I still remember the SNL skit that was the "sequel" to the Battle of the Network Stars- "Battle of the Network T's & A's" featuring the tightest A's and the biggest T's- and of course Adrienne Barbeau was the star along with Judy Landers and Carol Wayne.
- R13, why else would she be on it? I can't think of any other reason.
- Kicked ass on HBO's 'Carnivale'
- R14, how could you forget Lola Folana?
- Battle of the Network Stars
- She and her breasts were outstanding in a movie called Swamp Thing. (or something like that)
- And another one...
- Loved her on Maude as a kid. Made me realize my feelings for women were probably not like my friends feeling for women.
- Still breathtaking in her 60s
- Bellydancing on Maude
- I recently started watching the first season of "Maude" and couldn't believe Adrienne Barbeau. I don't think I've ever seen a worse actress on TV. Can't act. Can't react. It's obvious she got hired for her tits. There's nothing else there. It's beyond not acting or reacting, it's that she drags down every bit of everyone's dialog in every scene she's in. You cringe every time you realize she has a line coming.
- R24 - I've recently watched Maude too, and thought Adrienne was rather good, and able to hold her own with Bea and company.
- She was OK, but I was the original scream queen bitches!
- As r24 proves, Adrienne Barbeau has her knockers.
- I adore her! I always thought she looked like this model.
- R26 Sure, keep telling yourself that...
- R25, watch the backdoor pilot for "Maude" in Season Two of "All in the Family." Barbeau was a better Carol than Marcia Rodd who was too over the top for Carol.
Also, Bob Dishy is in the episode aka Mr. Terrific in one of the worst "Golden Girls" episodes ever.
- I agree with R24. Terrible actress during her Maude period. She delivered her lines like she memorized them. She got a bit better with some future projects but she was dreadful on Maude.
- Did anyone see her as Judy Garland
[quote]I still remember the SNL skit that was the "sequel" to the Battle of the Network Stars- "Battle of the Network T's & A's" featuring the tightest A's and the biggest T's- and of course Adrienne Barbeau was the star along with Judy Landers and Carol Wayne
What a co-incidence. Adrienne And Judy Landers will be at CHILLER next month!
- In the 80's we my father and I were driving by a go-go club in N.J. and my father pointed it out as the club Adrienne Barbeau worked when she was an unknown. I just shrugged, thought it was amusing at best.
- Adrienne is a pretty name, imo.
- R27 - Groan!
R28 - Yes, except for the nose.
R35 - Yes, it is.
Did Adrienne ever work as a gameshow hostess?
- Weird reference but she was awesome in Creepshow.
- Why don't they ever show Swamp Thing on TV anymore? I loved that movie.
- Tender moment from The Swamp Thing
- Are there any pictures or videos of Adrienne as Rizzo?
Has anyone read her memoir?
- AB on the 25K Pyramid
- I'm trying to find a video of "Battle of the Network T's and A's" but no luck so far...
- I always thought she was a weak link. Every line was delivered the same way.
- We always referred to her as Adrienne Bar-Boob
- Worst actress ever but she always looks good.
- I thought she did fine in Maude. She was supposed to be a chip of Maude's feminist block, and that's just the sort of role Adrienne is good at. She subsequently became known for her "tough cookie" roles.
- She was the best part of Argo.
- R47 Her part was even smaller than Anne Hathaway's in Les Miz.
- R44 We always called her Adrienne Bimbeau.
- She had a wonderful voluptuous figure.
- What would you estimate her bra size to be?
- She and Jamie Lee were the four best things about Carpenter's version of THE FOG. Adrienne looked the hottest in that movie that I've ever seen her look. The Stefanie Powers style 'do really suited her.
- R51. Probably 34DD, perhaps 34F at her heaviest.
- R52 - I actually like her hair shorter.
- I paged through her memoir in Borders (or was it Barnes and Noble?). Like a lot of memoirs of television stars, there wasn't much information or interesting stories
- Did anything pop out R56?
- I remember watching her on Battle of the Network Stars or something with a teen girl babysitter of mine. I commented that she had "big boobies" which my babysitter found shocking and hilarious. I didn't think what I said was funny, it was just an observation.
- Not a fan of her.
- Adrienne's T and A on BOTNS
- Her boobs are a good 6 lbs.
- Did they hold up cue cards for her on Maude? She always sounded as if she were reading her lines.
- I didn't get that impression. R62
- Another BOTNS
- Her best selling poster:
- I can see why that poster sold.
- Adrienne Bar Ho?
- I just started watching Carnivale (10 years late). Adrienne is still a beauty,
- I like this picture.
- Here she is signing at Comic Con from a couple months ago.
- I WAS going to speculate if AB ever danced on Norman Lear's grave, for not releasing her to do "Grease"? But it looks like he's still alive. She's gotta' be pissed though.
- I agree r62, every line had the same dippy delivery.
- R71 - That's because she came from the stage where you have to project your voice. It took her awhile to adjust to TV.
- r73 Guess she missed that acting class where they learned to speak more softly.
- To be fair to Adrienne, wasn't everyone screaming on "Maude"? Doesn't seem like she was any louder than anybody else. If anything, it seemed like they were all directed that way.
- I just adore her. A class act all the way. Still so beautiful. Her Billie in Creepshow is still one of the funniest characters/performances I've ever seen. "Just call me Billie! Everyone does!"
- Everyone screamed on Maude!
- Adrienne is still working steadily despite pushing 70.
- I saw her Judy Garland show Off Broadway. She was good if not very Judy. Her ex- John Carpenter was in the audience that night.
- Quite big tits.
- We called her Adrienne Boobeau. She seemed to inspire nicknames thanks to those attributes.
She had the kind of body straight guys really like.
- R81 - LOL
- Why did she break up with John Carpenter? Do you happen to know anything about it?
- "How can I describe John?" Adrienne Barbeau asked herself. "He's wonderful, gentle, sensitive...nothing like his films. Of course, there was the time in the middle of the night when I was staying up late watching TV and, he crept into the room on his hands and knees and jumped up with a towel over his bead."
She said she and her husband remain totally outside Hollywood's social circles, never go to parties, don't get their names in the columns and stay home most evenings: "We live up in the Hollywood hills, and our social life mostly consists of going out to dinner or having friends over. In the evening we'll sit around and John will play the guitar and I'll knit, or we'll play Parchesi...completely quiet and peaceful. The one big difference we have is that I'm really a very good cook, very interested in nutrition, and John has no idea what he eats. He could miss every meal and not even notice, and when he does eat, it's plain meat and potatoes and bacon grease. I've got him off of sugar and onto honey, and thats it.
- And now i would love my dear eledergays to know about their divorce.
Now, not later, now! Drop a few words.
- Funny this thread should pop up. I DVRed "The Fog" when it was on TCM a few days ago, and it reminded me how good she was in that movie:
[italic]"I don't know what happened to Antonio Bay tonight. Something came out of the fog and tried to destroy us. In one moment, it vanished. But if this has been anything but a nightmare, and if we don't wake up to find ourselves safe in our beds, it could come again. To the ships at sea who can hear my voice: Look across the water, into the darkness. Look for . . . the fog."[/italic]
- I learned about her when she guest-starred as "Senator Cretak" on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" in an episode titled "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges". I thought she was really good there, and her name somehow stuck in my mind.
Pictures from the episode at URL, including photos of her from earlier years.
- Didn't see Adrienne on that show.
Does she still have big tits?
- She still has the boobs.
- Girls, can't you just get over her boobs as John Carpenter obviously did?
Her boobs clouded your mind as the fog clouds your vision.
- She sung fever in a Maude episode
- She had six abortions, the baby killer.
- I'm doing a movie with her next month called I Do, I Do. Great lady.
- Met her a few times at the horror conventions. VERY nice and still looks great.
- I saw her in an interview one time and she was talking about how they were moving Grease from off-Broadway to Broadway. They needed extra financing and offered her an investment block for $500. At the time, that's all the money she had in her saving account and didn't want to part with it. She said it was the stupidest decision she made because she could have made a bundle when the rights were sold for the movie.
- She was rather chubby when she did Grease and had to seriously diet down when she started on Maude.
- [quote]Does she still have big tits?
[quote]She still has the boobs.
Are they down by her knees?
- R98'- god will get you for that.
- She and Beverly D'Angelo both had kids when they were in their fifties?!!! And they both still look great and not too "surgically" maintained. Wonder if they had hormone therapy in order to conceive/carry and whether that might explain their graceful ageing (and still-impressive mammaries)?
- Forgot to mention that they both had twins (gotta have had some "help!").
- She looked incredible in THE FOG with the Stefanie Powers hair. She has never looked better.
- What are you talking about R93? Is this a fact or just part of your strange humor?
- Adrienne was always very happy to flaunt her cantaloupes.
- R104 - She looks gorgeous there.
- Swamp Thing is a bad movie.
- Did she play Venus van Damm's mom on SOA?
- R106 - I don't think they expected to win any awards.
- R108, do you think Adrienne is tres fuckable?
Adrienne Barbeau BOUNCING BOOBS
Even those rockin' boobs couldn't fix the tremendously bad script of Swamp Thing
- She has epic boobs. Boobs for the ages! She is like Jane Russell in that regard.
Wow. I am a Lesbian who grew up watching way too much cable as a kid.
Maude has one of the greatest theme songs. Donny Hathaway arranged and sang it.
- R111 - She also had unusual features, which I found attractive.
- That is some jiggle...
- R113 - I'm sure Conrad was happy.
- Adrienne is perhaps best remembered as a contestant on "Network Battle of the T's and A's".
- R111 - Boobs for the ages indeed.
- She was great on Maude. Did anyone see her on Revenge? Still beautiful.
- R117, no i haven't seen her on Maude...
Adrienne Barbeau: '80s Scream Queen Revisited
- Has anyone read her novels?
- R119, nope...
Have you seen Two Evil Eyes? It's two horror tales based on two Edgar Allan Poe stories. George A. Romero directed the first story in which Adrienne stars and Dario Argento directed the second one with Harvey Keitel as the leading star.
Adrienne seemed more old as it seems now. Anyway, it was an interesting movie, not something grand, but quite entertaining. I liked better the second story though.
- Has anyone seen Adrienne's 70s TV movie Making Babies?