- Damn, I guess it''s true that black don''t crack. I always figured he''s in his early 30s.
- This s the Datalounge . . .
- is he Ac gay or out gay?
- Hard to believe he''s that old. He acts very immaturely. Can''t stand him.
- He and TJ Holmes look so much alike. \
And no, I don''t think all black people look alike. These two guys look like siblings.
- They look nothing alike. Holmes is hot, Don is not.
- r5 = a bitter Roland Martin%0D\
Don is WAY hotter than that douchebag TJ, and he is CNN''s best newsreader!
Don is my boyfriend, in my head...
- I like Don. He''s very handsome and has a nice personality. And I AM surprised that he''s 44. He''s one of the very very few people that can actually say he looks 10 years younger, and get away with it.%0D\
That said, I understand what the person above is trying to say about him acting immaturely. When he''s being conversational on-air, he''s pretty vapid, and he clearly suffers from gay Peter Pan syndrome.%0D\
I guess that''s why he still looks so young.
- He''s 44 and still only working on the weekends?%0D\
Can''t CNN get him a weekday gig before he is 50?
- Don often talks about being a black man, but not about being gay.\
Not sure what to think about that. He doesn''t seem to be out.
- Um he has a band on his ring finger bitches...
- [quote] Um he has a band on his ring finger bitches...%0D\
So then who''s his boyfriend, cunt?!
- He has good lighting in the studio that makes him look younger. Look at this wikipedia pic that''s not in the studio. Jowly and chubby faced, decidedly middle-aged.\
Has to be gay considering he''s not married and has never married.
- Oh, and I agree with the earlier poster who notes that he looks nothing like TJ: TJ is indeed hot while Don is not.
- Anyone who would say that Don Lemon is not good looking is simply either insane, or blind.
- What a bunch of haters. Don looks good enough for people leave praise for TJ on Don''s facebook, and he is ten years older. Tony Harris is YOUNGER than Don and he looks like he could be his father.%0D\
Don is one of CNN''s more likable anchors. I guess those who call him vapid have never sat through five minutes of Ricky Sanchez in the afternoon. THAT is vapid. %0D\
Someone here knew Don at LSU and said he was a hot item there back in the day, and I believe it because he obviously is very charming. That being said, Mama would rip the clothes of his chubby body if she lived in Altanta!
- Don Lemon used to work in Chicago and he was often out at the bars and didn''t conceal his sexuality until he went national.
- r18 the photos of him spraying guys down with a watergun at a pride parade have disappeared from the internets! Anderson must have forwarded him the CNN memo.
- R17, "vapid" means "insipid". Rick Sanchez isn''t vapid, he''s a buffoon. Vapid is less noisy but both are annoying, each in his own special way.
- Pretty, but dumb as a box of rocks like most of CNN''s readers. The interview with Ground Zero Mosque guy cited in the wikipedia article is a fine example of his careful reasoning process.
- Don''s very significant other when he lived in Chicago is Ron Huberman - ex-CTA chief, ex-Chief of Staff for Daly, now head of the School System.\
They were essentially as close to married as you can get.\
Don''t know what happened but it was a very ugly breakup.
- Sorry for the link - didn''t realize it was an anti-gay site. Here is another one if you don''t want to click on the 1st.
- Another one
- Is there any chance that TJ Holmes has a gay past?
- ooh r22, I did not know that about Don! What is the story on Huberman? They dont seem to like him very much in Chicago. When did he meet his new partner? Did he cheat on Don? So many questions!\
r25 Ive heard he''s quite the womanzier and douchebag, much like Rob Marciano.
- Rick Sanchez is hot...sure he''s a pompous, arrogant, bag of wind ass, but hot.
Shut up and look pretty, Rick
- Don''s small waist took me by surprise during his reporting this week from NOLA. Must me 32" at most...
Yea, he''s hot in his 40s
- Don is very cute, but TJ is sexy. TJ''s voice along makes my mussy secrete juices.
- Whoa, Don and I share the same birthdate
- Wow, Don''s ex is very hot!\
Don doesn''t look bad for his age, at all.\
Can''t believe he''s older than the super annoying Tony Harris!
- Don obviously doesn''t like white guys.
- On his Myspace page, he states that he is 40! Not 44
- I think Don''s annoying as an anchor and he''s not as cute as TJ. He seems to be closeted like Anderson.
- Don is a diva honey! lol @ the comments on this page.\
[quote]I met Don when he lived in Chicago. He is gay and is one of the most self-centered people I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve ever met. His sexuality is a non-issue, but make no mistake, when you deal with him in personal life it%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s all about Don! \
[quote]Besides being arrogant%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6.Don is gay%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6While in Birmingham Alabama. He worked for the Fox station%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6and he dated a white male reporter who worked for another Birmingham TV station.
- I like this comment fro r35's link:
I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m sorry, but %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CMiss Don Lemon%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D is as gay as a goose kiddies!! (@Charity#44Comment), girl please, sit down and get a clue sweety, you are a woman and don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t know no better dear. THE MAN IS AS GAY AS THEY COME, he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s just one of those sophisticated wannabe uppity gay girls, that thinks the world revolves around them. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve been in the %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cgay game%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D absolutely tooooooo long to know. And I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m sorry, just as sure as them two(TJ Holmes & %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CMiss Don Lemon%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D) are living in the ATL, trust and believe, they have hooked up with each other and had sexual relations with each other, off the cameras, A MANY A TIMES(and for you slow ones that can%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t recognize who is sticking who in the butt when they do hook up, TJ is waaaaaay more manly, masculine than %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CMiss Don!%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D) I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t care how so call %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cstraight%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D TJ Holmes claims to be and the fact he%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s engaged to some Atlanta attorney, however TJ is a very nice guy with a more pleasant and indeed more friendly attitude and not self-absorbed.
- r26, Ron needs his own thread, there is much to talk about. Heard that he and his husband are adoptingm and restoring an uptowm mansion near our great ex-gov,Rod B.
- Somebody start a thread on the hawt Ron Huberman!
- THAT Ron dude is hot as hell.
- Don doesn''t talk publicly about his sexuality. He doesn''t mention it on air even when he does gay issue coverage, which was particularly memorable when he moderated a debate on his show about the documentary Outrage and if/when public figures should be outed. %0D\
What some call glass closeted, out in everyday life but hasn''t announced his sexuality to the public.%0D\
CNN''s Jason Carroll doesn''t mention his sexuality either despite being flaming. %0D\
That''s quite a standard approach in news, it''s not just an Anderson or a CNN thing.
- If Don wants to make a difference, he should come out on CNN.
- TJ Holmes just got married for the second time (both to women).\
Jason Carroll is a TERRIBLE reporter -- don''t know why CNN didn''t fire him long ago -- he must be blackmailing somebody important.
- I didn''t know TJ got married again. Is she white?\
Did CNN ever do "Gay In America"? Don said he was working on it. \
Ron is hawt, they must have had epic sex.
- R33, perhaps he hasn''t updated his page in a while. Don and I went to HS together. He is two years younger than I am, and I''m 46. He comes from a very cool family, whose extended branches were quite prominent in Baton Rouge black society back in the day.
- Did you know Don well in HS r44? He must have been cute as a teenager.
- Yes, R45, and apologies to those who recall my previous posts about him. Yes, I knew him well; his cousin and I were best friends since elementary school. %0D\
Don transferred to our HS because my friend was there. Though he was the new guy in a predominantly white school (in a racially segregated small town), by the end of his first year, he practically owned that school. All the white girls especially adored him, but he was popular with everyone. You could tell he was confident, but he was NEVER ugly, bitchy, or condescending. And that was rare for any popular person of any color/gender in my HS.%0D\
- Forgot to add, R44--I''ll scan his HS yearbook photo and try to post it here. He really didn''t change much (to me, at least); in fact, when I first saw him on CNN, I said, "Hey, that''s DON LEMON, X''s cousin!" That was long before they finally flashed his name onscreen.
- It''s not a party without a Lemon.
- [quote] Did CNN ever do "Gay In America"? Don said he was working on it.%0D\
Don didn''t say he was working on a special, he just said a series. It looked like he was just doing a series of little segments on his show but a couple blogs got confused and thought Don (who never hosts specials) was going to be horning in on Soledad''s In America specials.%0D\
Soledad recently did an edition of the In America specials that was about a gay couple having a baby through surrogate.%0D\
CNN also did a special about a MTF transitioning transexual, but that wasn''t part of In America.
- TJ Holmes has a voice that makes me orgasm; however I love Don Lemon; he looked stunning in that pink-checkered shirt in New Orleans this past weekend. %0D\
Jason Carroll may as well be called Miss Ross he is so gay but what about that other good-looking black reported with the big teeth and chunky-waste? He is also very handsome (though not as aristocratic-looking as Don Lemon.)%0D\
- TJ Holmes is too casual
- OP, Don Lemon does not look nor behave as age 34!%0D\
No way does Don Lemon look 34!%0D\
He is mature, well-spoken, very articulate, with well-developed thoughts and intellect.
- Some of you have TJ Holmes mixed up with Don Lemon.%0D\
TJ Holmes is the one who is less mature and more vapid, and younger acting.%0D\
And they look absolutely nothing alike.
- Thanks r47, I would love to see Don''s yearbook pic! Here is a short piece he wrote about growing up in his hometown. I wouldn''t have guessed that he is from Baton Rouge or the South. It seems like he is Creole.
- R54, while Don is not Creole, there actually are a lot of Creoles in the greater Baton Rouge area. We''re just across the river from West Baton Rouge and Pointe Coupee Parishes, which were settled by native and Creole French whites (the Cajun influx came later).%0D\
Just a point of info (I''m sure you know this, R54, but some DLers may not): Not all Creoles have a New Orleans connection, and not all Southerners (or Blacks) have stereotypical accents. Don actually sounds now pretty much as he has since his voice changed at puberty!
- I also think there is a lot of Don/TJ confusion here. TJ Holmes is hot and he knows it. It seems like he is "out to lunch" when on he is on air. Don is usually quite perky.
http://blacksnob.com/storage/don not TJ.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1233431497861
- Suzaaanne Malveaux is confused between Don and TJ.
- And yes, TJ Holmes is sometimes (or often) too casual on the air.%0D\
And he often does not seem to have a depth of knowledge or depth of understanding of issues.%0D\
Whereas Don Lemon often seems to have a depth of understanding of the issues on which he is interviewing someone, and therefore he comes up with perceptive, intelligent questions for the interviewee.
- Does anyone think Suzanne Malveauz wears a fall everyday - a fall being a large piece of hair which attaches right behind her front hair?%0D\
I often think I see where her real hair and her fake hair begin - I see where it is attached.
- I don''t watch Don''s show much but he''s seemed OK to me up until the Haiti coverage. Don had an inappropriate habit of quizzing CNN people on air repeatedly about how tough it all was for them over there and whether they were going to need therapy when they get back. He''d get embarrassed quick firm reponses that they were fine and anything they might experience was nothing compared to the incredible suffering the Haitians were going through, but he kept doing it and not letting the subject drop.%0D\
Jason Carroll was also embarrassing during that coverage. He joined the group in Haiti where all the guys wore black t-shirts all the time, but his had a kind of lycra shine to it and was ludicrously tight. He looked like he was on his way to a club and everytime he had to interact with Haitians he carried himself like he was barely restraining himself from holding his nose.
- [quote]Jason Carroll is a TERRIBLE reporter -- don''t know why CNN didn''t fire him long ago -- he must be blackmailing somebody important.%0D\
He only seems to report every now and then. He doesn''t seem to be on the channel very often. I don''t know what he does when he''s not on CNN. Does he have another job?
- r61, I think they work do other work at CNN while not reporting. TJ and Don pop up sometimes on camera for breaking news during the week, even though they read on the weekends. I wish Betty Nyugen or Fredricka Whitfield could have taken Kiran Chetry''s place on American Morning. They have yet to find two decent people for that time spot. \
r60, I agree about the tight shirt thing with Jason and Anderson, but CNN knows exactly what they are putting out. Don''s body isnt exactly ripped, so it doesn''t distract from his reporting. CNN has really gotten the disaster porn thing down to a science. They know people love the drama.
- CHRIS LAWRENCE - that is the somewhat chunky black reporter I was thinking of - what''s his story? %0D\
- [quote] I wish Betty Nyugen or Fredricka Whitfield could have taken Kiran Chetry''s place on American Morning. %0D\
Fredericka and Betty are so hot, they should''ve had a show together.
- I cannot stand listening to Fredericka - she drives me insane when trying to listen to her.%0D\
She is too casual, not articulate enough, cannot think of decent impromptu questions when interviewing, and is just plain hard to listen to.
- Fredericka reminds me of Marilyn McCoo of the Fifth Dimension in her younger days.
- r65, Fredericka is a weekend afternoon newsreader, she is supposed to be casual and pleasant. And she is not NEARLY as annoying as Soledad O''Brien, who CNN continues to shove down our throats, or Campbell Brown who is in her own league of annoying.
- Soledad O''Brien''s voice is very annoying as is her style.%0D\
Soledad''s new eyebrows are ghastly. She had them done in the new faddish super arched shape, and they are horribly overdone and over-arched.%0D\
I don''t find Campbell Brown annoying at all.%0D\
But Fredericka on the weekends, I cannot stomach at all.%0D\
And she is more than a newsreader. She does lots of interviews on the weekends where she has to think on her feet to ask questions of an interviewee and to interact impromptu to whatever the interviewee happens to say.
- [quote] I agree about the tight shirt thing with Jason and Anderson, but CNN knows exactly what they are putting out.%0D\
CNN is happy to include some eye candy factor. That''s fine with me, but on the other Haiti coverage guys like Ivan Watson, Anderson and Sanjay the t-shirts were plain fabric and loose enough to look pretty practical and comfortable. Jason''s painted on lycra looking t-shirt looked really silly. Jason was also the only one whose wardrobe never looked the slightest bit worn or dusty, which would fit with the way he appeared to be keeping his distance from everything and everyone.
- Anyone wanna bet that they send Jason to cover the upcoming hurricane?
- It''s time Anderson got back into the hurricane game.
- Chicago queens, I want to know more about Don and Ron.
- Soledad O''Brien came in dead last on celebrity Jeopardy! the other night. And the questions weren''t exactly genius level.%0D\
- Lemon bump
- I just want to know about Chris Lawrence!
- Ok, I''ve finally decided that TJ is hotter, but a fly seems more intelligent.\
Is there any way to mash TJ''s face, with Don''s intellect?
- Can''t have both r77!
- I finally found out why Jason Carroll is only on CNN intermittedly. He''s a national correspondent who just travels to story to story. Or something like that. He''s in Afghanistan now.
- I haven''t seen Don this weekend :(
- Jason seems fake and a poseur... I remember a light segment about Jason''s covering of the Grammys and a question was posed to him by the anchor on who is his favortie to win... he said he LOVES the rap/Hip Hop artist Jay-Z.\
I was like "nigga, you''re too oreo to like Rap/Hip Hop"
- lol r81. Maybe Jason is a thug at heart.
- R72, I''ll post more of the Don & Ron story next week. Ron, btw is a top.
Windy City Queen
- Ill be waiting r83!
- r83, I need my Don & Ron story!
David Muir, journalist whore
Don Lemon troll
- OMG OMG -did you guys see the NEW commentator on CNN this afternoon? Shannon something. He was handsome and also pinged off the charts.
- Even though you seem unhinged, R36, do you have any legit gossip about Don and TJ fooling around?\
Because you just KNOW that it''s all the goodlooking DL brothers that are getting action from each other.\
I want some dish - NOW!
- Don seemed to dine off the Michael Jackson death forever. I thought it diminished him as a reporter.\
TJ has improved a lot.
- What was his last name r88?\
Errol Barnett is another CNN cutie. He is English.
Wow -I live in Chicago and I had no idea Ron Huberman was out. It''s funny cuz in the back of my head I thought, something''s not right here. \
DAMN - and he is FINE too.
- R92, He was a guest on WTTW Chicago, I can''t remember the host, might have been John Callaway, He was asked, and he replied,yes I am gay, or something like that. Da Mayor has known since Ron''s days at CTA.
- How was Ron with Don? Why did they break up?
- Huh - I also thought Ron was half-black. Nope - he''s Israeli.
- R94, Both had oversized egos. btw,Ron has the bigger pinga.
- Word on the street is that Ron and Don broke up because Don had a bad habit of "painting" if you know what I mean.
- Luv rubbing one out fantasying I''m in a threesome w/T.J. and Rob Marciano.
- r46, would you have guessed that Don was molested?
- [quote]While in Birmingham, Alabama, [Don] worked for the Fox station and he dated a white male reporter who worked for another Birmingham TV station.\
Scott Mauldin at NBC 13?
- Don has a new memoir coming out in June. Will he come out in it?
- I hope Don wrote about Ron in his book. I want to know ALL the juicy details about their breakup! I dont think coming out will be the big deal. Don has been around.
- I want to see Don''s cock.
- Lemon is a black neocon (believe it or not) and he''s a log cabinette too.
- r105, you LIE!
- So does anyone know if he talks in the book about being gay?
- Dom Lemon worked here on NBC5, he seemed like a real asshole.
- It''s funny reading this thread knowing that Don Lemon is married........to a woman.
- Don isn''t married.\
He also turned 45 on March 1st. Happy Birthday Don!
- He''s recently married, why is this so hard to accept?
- [quote]why is this so hard to accept?\
1) You have no proof\
2) Gays can''t get married in Georgia and Don is a homosexualist
- Don Lemon married Chicago native Stephanie Ortiz in a small wedding in Atlanta Georgia in September 2009.
- R113, maybe it was a green card marriage to help Stephanie out. Lemon does wear a ring on the third finger of his left hand.
- I don''t know if he''s married, but he is most definitely gay. He also must at least occasionally like white men, because he dated a white friend of mine in Atlanta. And I can believe that he is a staunch Republican. They broke up because my friend likes to smoke pot and Don didn''t "want to associate with that element."
- See, that''s what I dislike about him -- he seems prissy. And he tends to simper & gush.
- So now he''s gone from being gay who''s dated many men, to straight and married to a woman in a private ceremony. Neither of which is confirmed by Don himself other than wearing rings on his finger? Does anyone have the real scoop? Is he gay or straight?
- I live in Atlanta and am "hi, how are you" acquaintances with Don. I see him at restaurants about once a month, always with cute gay guys. He''s always very pleasant, not a snob. I''ve never heard of him being married or a neocon. It''s not impossible, I suppose, but not consistent with what I''ve seen or heard about him.
- [quote]And I can believe that he is a staunch Republican. They broke up because my friend likes to smoke pot and Don didn''t "want to associate with that element."\
Republicans don''t smoke pot?\
I''ve always had the feeling that Don was conservative, something about his reporting rubs me the wrong way.
- R109/111/113 link please.
- And R109 / R111 / R113, if he is married that means what exactly?
Barry Diller, John Travolta, George Stephanopolis, Elton John, etc.
- [quote]See, that''s what I dislike about him -- he seems prissy. And he tends to simper & gush.\
That''s part of his appeal. He''s very charming in ways that news robots, like Anderson Cooper, are not. Don is CNN''s go to person for black celebrities because he''s not afraid be a diva on camera. He even called out some viewers for saying his hair looks too nappy when it''s grown out.
- I guess he''s probably not coming out in his book. Wouldn''t something like that have leaked already?
- r124, the book isnt coming out until June so maybe they are waiting for a bit to leak anything. \
I dont see how he couldn''t come out in the book. He told everyone he was sexually abused as a child, so naturally he would have to discuss whether or not he has been able to have healthy relationships as an adult.
- [quote]That''s part of his appeal. He''s very charming in ways that news robots, like Anderson Cooper, are not\
I''m black and I find Anderson Cooper QUITE charming. Don, not so much.
- I bet TJ looks better naked, Don looks soft to me, but he is sweet looking.
- Don Lemon medaled in the Asshole Olympics in 1986. He was on the hammer catching team for the USA. He came in forth in the shot put rear. If he would have released that shot put instead a parading around with that goofy smirk on his face he could have had a second medal in those games.
- I''m excited to read the book. Hopefully he does come out!
- He''s attractive, yet dull at the same time.
- So does anyone have any more scoop on don?
- Don is bitchy and insecure at work, which is why he isn''t really going anywhere at CNN. To be fair, his limited skills as a reporter are partially to be blamed for his current situation, but he doesn''t seem to understand that. He has gotten rather bitter over the past few months over the direction, or lack of, of his career. \
And to those who are still on the fence, he''s definitely gay. Rumored to be a big bottom.
- I used to think he was hot, but he looks strange now.%0D\
Like he''s wearing too much makeup, or maybe it''s the wrong kind of makeup?
- His eye makeup has become very obvious -- he wears more than most of the women.
- He''s okay looking, but his personality makes him pretty attractive.
- I totally believe that R133, because his attitude comes through onscreen and it''s one of the reasons why I don''t like him.
- Now would be the perfect time to come out.
- R22, Huberman is now with Andy Avalos, the Chicago weatherman.
- Don''s police officer ex looks like he throws a mean fuck!
- Were they really a couple? Hot!
- Ron came out at 15.
- So in this thread don is both a gay, power bottom and a straight, married neocon. Gotta love datalounge!
- Could Gayle King be talking about Don? I think she is.
- I think she is r144. But she said "come out for the first time", and Don is of course 45. Maybe she means to the public? I dont see how that would make sense since Don was in a relationship with Ron, who is out and prominent in Chicago politics.
Don''s undereye makeup
- R145, I think she is talking about Don and I think she does mean that he''ll come out for the first time publicly.
- If it is Don she is talking about then I guess CNN is OK with him coming out publicity coming out. Wasn''t Thomas Roberts from HLN let go shortly after he came out though?
- I really like Don. He seems very genuine and caring, not like the other wooden news readers. He actually seems to listen to people.
- Seeing as Don has a memoir called "Transparent" coming out in June, which, he says, CNN gave their "blessing" for him to write -- yeah, I''d go with it being Don whom Gayle''s talking about.
- Well then I wonder if Don''s going to say he''s gay in the book. Anderson sure didn''t in his.
- Ive never heard Andy Cohen speak so eloquently as he did in that clip @ r144. He should do that more often.
- Andy Cohen seems to do a personality 180 when he''s on other people''s programs. I''ve noticed that many times about him myself and I like him better that way than how he is on WWH.
- It does sound like Gayle was hinting it was a newsperson, not actor or actress. I hope it is Don!!
- Gayle and Oprah should set up Don and Tyler Perry.
- Now that would make an interesting Oprah episode!!
- I wish there was more scoop on Don!
- CNN is all gay!
- Not these two! Ooops -- forgot he''s at Fox now.
- r47 please post Don''s yearbook picture! If he looks this good now, he must have been gorgeous when he was in high school. Im guessing he was popular for that reason also.
- Thank god Roberts is at Fox. He should take Kyra with him.
- Agreed, R161.%0D\
I used to like her, but can''t stand her now.%0D\
Hope she decides to stay at home with the kids full time!
- I love this thread!!
- Me too, R162. And who names their daughter Sage? Besides Carly on ATWT, but they weren''t real people.
- oooh. if Don does come out, maybe suzanne will be inspired...
- Yeah, Suzanne''s as bad as Anderson as far as staying closeted goes.
- Suzanne''s gay?
- Yes, R167. She looks femme but acts kind of butch when she''s out of the studio.
- I want to drink from the CNN fountain of youth. Rob Marciano was on yesterday morning and he looked about 20.
- Who is she dating?\
And why do so many of these cnn interviewees have combovers?
- Maybe he''ll write about a bf in his book. Or his wife, I guess!
- I hope Peter King never visits this site!!
- It would be a dream come true if Suzanne comes out but I saw a picture of her with some guy at a CNN dinner party.
- I feel like Glinda for Don. "come out, come out. " lol
- Pic of TJ Holmes with his wife (the one on the right). He has a daughter in her teens.
- More don Lemon scoop!
- Does anyone else have info on don?
- I never knew TJ was married.
- This is TJ''s second marriage. \
I want to know more about Ron Huberman. Has anyone met him in Chicago?
- So is this thread over?
- Absolutely not R180. The thread will get a second life once Don''s biography emerges.
- I don''t like gays.
- R181 I hope so!!
- He may be pretty but he has been horrible covering Japan and Libya.
- He''s not the best anchor to be honest.
- Yeah he''s really good somedays and then other days it''s as if he can''t speak without having issues with the TelePrompTer. Nerves? Idk
- Don is wayyy better then some of characters CNN has put on air in the last week of crisis. And he is also nice to look at which doesnt hurt at all.
- He is a fine lookin man!!
- Don looked very handsome last night, he was with some British anchor. Having said that though, Don can sometimes be arrogant and condescending, but he does push for answers from people who may be trying to evade his questions. I was critical of him doing that at first and then I realized that I didn''t have a problem when Anderson does the same thing, so why am I being a hypocrite with Don? He''s doing his job.
- Don eats Chic-fil-A!! Get her!
- GO DON!
- Did CNN fire TJ Holmes?%0D\
Looks like he''s not on in the morning, anymore.
- TJ''s not fired, I think they were experimenting with anchors. I hear Ali Velshi has taken over and he''s supposed to suck.
- I think TJ''s back on weekends. I saw him last Saturday.\
I would love to see Don every morning, but I know Miss Lemon doesn''t rise before noon.
- Anymore scoop on Don?!
- So sick of the waiting. I wish Don would comment one way or the other. If he is straight, mention his alleged wife in an interview. If he''s gay, dont'' wait two more months for the memoir to come out.
- Who cares about this ugly nobody
- I DO!
- If he had a wife he would''ve mentioned her a long time ago.
- Some sites says he did off the record and he wear a wedding ring on his left ring finger on camera. So who knows?
- Its hard to say I wish there were more answers!
- r199 = Bitter ex Ron Huberman, mad that Don is about to be the hottest gay in news
Hotter than The Coop even!
- [quote]Hotter than The Coop even!\
- YES, he will be r205. When he officially comes out the closet. Anderson has not come out publicly.
- I still say no. Don is cute, but AC is HOT.
- So the they are all hotties?
- You guys have obviously not seen Don outside of the studio and all the lighting that provides.%0D\
He''s not attractive.
- R209, oh come on, how much can the camera "lie"?%0D\
He has naturally fine features on a lean body. How can that be faked?%0D\
- Don looks GREAT for 45, there is no disputing that. Here he is with a camera right in his face. \
And he definitely has a Peter Pan thing going on with those ears
- Lean body?!?!!?!?!%0D\
R210 must be a joke.
- No I am not joking, he is not fat!
- He has jowls!
- I wonder if don wears briefs or boxers?
- [quote]He has jowls!%0D\
He does not!
- [quote] Well then I wonder if Don''s going to say he''s gay in the book. Anderson sure didn''t in his.%0D\
Anderson could get a book deal and deliver a bestseller without coming out. I like Don well enough as an anchor, but I don''t see him being given a book deal or having much chance of sales unless he either dishes a lot of dirt or comes out. He has CNN''s blessing so I''d say he''s not dishing dirt.%0D\
He did reveal on air that he was a child molestation victim so that''ll provide some book material and some attention. I don''t think it would be enough in itself to get the book deal, though, and it would be hard to write a book billed as a biography and titled Transparent that doesn''t indicate sexuality somehow especially when it delves into molestation.
- He has a book coming out? for when?
- June is the book. Don was sexy on camera today with a pink tie!
- Don was rocking the mini fro last light.
- Don, Anderson, Rachel, Thomas Roberts and all the other gay anchors and correspondents ought to start their own news network.
- Hear hear r221!\
I wish CNN put Don on in the morning. He has a lot of personality that he doesnt get to show doing weekend updates. \
I think Don is/was secretly dating the Mayor of Newark.
- According to Don''s twitter he did a photo shoot for a magazine. Could it be "Out" or "Advocate" Knowing our luck it''s not a gay publication.
- what time is Don on CNN?
- He''s usually on Saturday and Sundays @ 10 pm EST, that''s when I watch him, but there may be other times.
- Will be interesting to see how people react if he does in fact come out in his book. I doubt most people even know he is gay. Hell people are shocked when they find out Anderson is Cooper is gay.
- Don looks quite slim tonight. Somebody''s been working out. \
r225, Don is the the Newsroom after Fredricka Whitfield on Saturday and Sunday, usually starting a 6pm and ending at midnight.
- I would let him do ANYTHING he wanted with me.%0D\
- Me too, r228. I guess that means we''ll have to off each other!
I cannot resist his charm
- Gayle King is getting really loose in the lips! She basically outed Cory Booker on THE TALK the other day. She said they were playing match maker for each other, so Im just assuming that Don has been on a Harpo sponsored date with Ms. Cory...
- Now that WOULD be very fun to watch. They''d make a cute couple!
- Don was at the Christian "Dove Awards" with Sherri Shepher. She showed a little video on The View. Is he a freeper?
- Yuck! I hope not!
- I realize he is a weekend CNN anchor and not on the level of Dan Rather or Aanderson Cooper but shouldn''t there be some publicity about his book?%0D\
By the way, did you see him discussing Easter Hats on Saturday show? He was so charming and comfortable talking about the hats his Mom wore (and still wears) to church.
- This is so tedius. I agree there should be more press for the book. I know it''s still a month away but you''d think there would be something!
- [quote] Is he a freeper?\
I think he is, he comes off like he has a problem with liberals.
- I get that feeling too that he''s conservative. I don''t understand how a gay, African-American could be socially conservative in today''s politics. Fiscally perhaps, but socially? If nothing else, look how conservatives dealt with the AIDS crisis in the early 80''s when Don would have been in his 20''s and presumably affected by the disease when they would say that "gay men were asking for AIDS for living in sin." And now he''s kissing the ass of the same-minded polticians today? It''s SAD.
Confused outsider looking in
- [quote]And now he''s kissing the ass of the same-minded polticians today? It''s SAD\
When does he kiss anyone''s ass?\
r235, I wonder how the press will be. How does one come out in a book? Do they come out in an interview first and then the books hit the stores?
- Maybe he will have Anderson Cooper interview him! Lol
- Lemon Bump
- I wouldn''t put it past CNN R239, to have Anderson interview Don. It seems like anytime someone at CNN has something to promote they always get interviewed by Anderson.
- If Don does indeed come out in his book and is interviewed by Anderson Cooper, how will Anderson handle that? Will he ask Don about his decision to come out? That should be interesting.
- No more than when Oprah seems baffled by a gay guest''s coming out story. LOL
- LOL @ r243
- In fairness, Oprah is baffled by most sexuality.
- I still want to see Don''s high school pic, DLer who knew Don in Baton Rouge!
I hope he puts pics in the book
- ME too! [R246]
- I think don should go on Howard stern to promote the book! Now that would be an interview!!
- Maybe Don will go on the Gayle King show to promote his book. Seriously, does he think anyone wants to read his book? He doesn''t seem like a very interesting person to begin with. I doubt his book will contain anything interesting.
- Maybe don can enlighten gayle on being gay and black in America since her and Oprah have no idea what that is like.
- [quote]Seriously, does he think anyone wants to read his book? He doesn''t seem like a very interesting person to begin with. I doubt his book will contain anything interesting.\
r249, how dare you bitch \
I too am wondering what kind of tone this book will have. Don is a victim of childhood sexual abuse. Writing about anything other than how he managed to become successful after that is kind of inappropriate??\
Don might play nice on TV, but he is quite feisty in his personal life, from what Ive heard. I wouldn''t completely rule out him telling some stories about fucking men in the news! I most certainly hope he discusses Ron.
- See I don''t know. Don''t said he and his mother sat down and read the whole book together. I doubt its going to be heavy on him fucking dudes. If anything, there is probably a line in the middle of the book like, "...and I came to find myself to be gay," and thats the end of it.
Hopeful but cynical...
- I am watching Don now... he had the most hideous hipster glasses while reading... \
Still nice to see him now that we have breaking news....
Saif al-Arab Gadafi is dead
- [quote]Don said he and his mother sat down and read the whole book together. I doubt its going to be heavy on him fucking dudes\
His mom might be be a ho too
apple dont fall far from the tree
- I dont fucking appreciate that Don was bumped from his seat last night for that loser Wolfe Blitzer who can''t read a damn cue card.\
I was fully expecting to see his fine ass introducing President Obama!
Calling Al Sharpton as I type!
- Here is the book''s Amazon.com link. I don''t think this is a coming out book.
- If he''s not coming out in the book, there''s no point in reading it.
- Ask AC the same question about his book, r257. He didn''t come out. What was the point?
- His book wasn''t called "Transparent" R258.
- I really dislike how he titled each chapter
A Lesson in not coming out
- He dedicates the book to Tyler Clementi and gay teen suicides. Hmmm...
- Well then it sounds like he IS coming out in the book.
- I wish we could see more of the book then little excerpts.
Sounds promising then...
- The back cover synopsis describes Don as ''the handsome baby face CNN anchor..." really? Yes, he is handsome and has a baby face, but using that to describe Don is a bit tacky in his own memoirs.
- I guess I''m in the minority but I find him blandly attractive and not very interesting on camera. Where are all the fanbois coming from?
- I have scoop on Don and a different Ron that is sometimes discussed on these DL pages.
- What''s the scoop?
- r265/r266 = Anderson\
spill it r267!
- Don is on right now covering for Suzanne Malveaux.
- Don Lemon, "baby faced?"%0D\
- He has very refined features, so "baby-faced" is not that much of a stretch.
- Come on guys anyone get an advanced copy of the book or more scoop?
- The back cover only mentions his sexual abuse and his time as a CNN reporter. I read the forewords and he does dedicate his book to Tyler Clementi, but it is more in terms of being bully than being gay. Apparently, Don was bullied as a child and the death of Tyler Clementi impacted him.\
But, I don''t know, there might be more info in the book.
- Does anyone think this could be about Don?\
[quote]Which prominent TV personality is about to come out with the help of public relations guru Howard Bragman, who has helped dozens of celebs announce their sexuality? The media blitz will begin next week . . .
- Isn''t Don''s book coming out soon?
- Yeah I hope  is don.. any scoop?
- sounds like we have a winner.
- In the Murdoch''s Post? Smith? Hemmer?
- Someone on another thread said Don appears to be conservative. I think he comes off that way because he is southern.
- I will be reading Don''s facial expressions on CNN Weekend to see if anything is boiling under the surface for next week!
- I am happy for this if he comes out. For some reason, he seems like a nice person.
- Don is looking great in his red tie tonight
I wonder what kind of underwear he has on
- Don is out the closet, honey!
- Awesome news!
- I knew Don in Baton Rouge. Actually Don is from Port Allen and went to elementary school at St. Francis Xavier. We grew up as childhood friends and he live around the corner from me and aunt lived in the house in front of me.
- Don and I grew up together riding our bicycles on the streets of Port Allen La Avenue A to be exact and lived around the corner from me. As children I/we never saw Don bullied as he along with his cousins, played all the time and never thought Don was gay nor did he act other than little boys act i.e racing bikes, jumping ramps. What ever he has decided later in life which he never informed us of will not stop him from being a friend. This news comes as a shock to all of us!!
Southern Jaguar 1
- Southern Jaguar, are you the poster with Don''s yearbook pic? Please post it!
- freeze your sperm for me to carry your child.
Don Lemon showing pix of Ricky Martin''s tattoos to Gail Shister on his iPhone. Her response: "oh my." #nlgja2011%0D
- This is how rumors get started, Ricky Martin has NOT been sexting @donlemoncnn. Disregard moderator. #NLGJA2011
- On the John King thread, people are saying Don's reporting style is too dramatic. I actually like watching his new theatrics on air. You never know when he's going to sad or pissed off!
- Shirtless pics?
- He has a nice body
- Whats the latest. Someone here said Don married his partner Ben. AC must hate that Don married his Ben before he married his Ben...
Don is also an occasional Republican like Anderson Cooper.
I still want to see Don's class photo from high school in Baton Rouge, one of you bitches said you had it
- Don Lemon was funny tonight during the post-Super Bowl coverage. The news was mostly about the power outage in the Superdome, but they kept checking the Baltimore crowds too see if they were getting out of control in the celebrating.
It was clear that he wasn't too well informed on the NFL, and he admitted as much. In fact he closed the night saying that the apologizes for not knowing sports well, but unlike some other broadcasters who fake it, he's not afraid to admit it.
He also said he feels the karma thing stung San Fran because of the anti-gay comments Chris Culliver made earlier in the week. It was the reason he wanted the Ravens to win.
The correspondent that CNN had in the Superdome was mostly useless, so overall the broadcast was a mess, but it was fun anyway.
- He's infested with AIDS you know.
- Don Lemon's comment that the Niners' loss is karma for one player's stupid antigay comments was unprofessional and graceless.
- Don is not married to Ben, he is single.
And yes, his style on the air is so dramatic and over the top at times it is FABULOUS to watch. That being said, I don't see it lasting much longer with Zucker taking over.
- My mommy says commenting on one's personal sexual preferences is tacky.
- R299, is he single, or did you just mean they're not married? They were attending events together until recently; did they break up?
- Don admitted on Wendy Williams that he and Ben Tinker split up. Sad! Thought they were a cute couple!
- [quote] Don Lemon's comment that the Niners' loss is karma for one player's stupid antigay comments was unprofessional and graceless.
Iknow,rite? Taking a stand on homophobia, as people do regarding sexism and racism, is just so... graceless.
- R301, I did not see that Wendy Williams appearance but I read Don's tweet where he definitely confirmed it.
R302, I do agree he seems sadder since the break-up and substantially more eratic.
- Does he have AIDS?
- I would be sad too! Don is 46 and Ben Tinker was a hot guy in his 20s. I don't see Don doing better than Ben as he continues to age. He probably realized that that was his last real chance at someone like Ben and is depressed because of it.
- I wonder if Don is throwing a bitchy Queen tantrum for being passed overfor a different show on CNN? Been with the network for over five years and still just a weekend anchor. That's why TJ Holmes left.
Anderson Cooper: Dancing With the Stars, Cycle 9
- He needs to stop being so emotional on tv.
- He bugs me. Not sure why. I think he might be an asshole diva. Just a hunch.
- I love it when Don takes sports. Being masculine.
- Well as for me, I like love, oh ho ho, I like love.
- who is he dating?
- Does Don Lemon get something done to his face? He was on Wendy Williams today and when he gave a big toothy smile, it looked like he has cheek filler in.
- Ben Tinker is not even cute. Don is much better looking even at his age.
- r314, from what I can tell Don has always had high cheekbones
Don still looks damn good!
- Little Lemon!
- [quote]Does Don Lemon get something done to his face? He was on Wendy Williams today and when he gave a big toothy smile, it looked like he has cheek filler in.
He had same work that AC had done recently. They both went to the same Dr.
- Anderson said on his daily show last year he not had work fone. What did he and Don have done? Anderson looks the same to me.
- R319 That was last year. We are six months into the new year.....
- Anderson looks exactly the same as he always looks, no work done.
- Don has moved to Harlem, USA!!!!
Has anyone here in NYC seen him around?
- Look who Don's been hanging with since he got to NYC!
- Maybe he'll be on WWHL.
- Snow Queen!
- Stop it r326, Don has dated other brothers before. Not that anything is wrong with him going on a date with Andy Cohen. Get it Don!
- I don't think Andy Cohen dates black guys.
- [quote]I don't think Andy Cohen dates black guys.
The way Andy would say it - he's not down with the swirl.
- Don said on Wendy Williams that u shouldn't should show off all your sexual tricks on the first date. That guys are after the hunt.
Are we to assume that means a rimjob is date 4?
- Dumb as the proverbial stump.
- r331 = Anderson Cooper
- Don isn't necessarily dumb but he's kind of weird.
Andy Cohen likes gingers.
- What is it about Don that gives him that strange tick?
- Any NYC sightings of Don yet?
- R330 No rimming is date 2!
Is Lemon permanently in NYC now?
- Yes R336, he moved from Atlanta to Harlem. He said on his Twitter feed that moving away from his longtime personal trainer was one of the awful things about leaving Atlanta.
Then he asked his Twitter followers if they had any recommendations for a (preferably Harlem-based) trainer.
He knows his priorities!
- I bet you those hoes in Hell's Kitchen have spotted him!
- Don is so gorgeous and I love that he looks at most mid 30s! I would like to see him on WWHL but I REALLY hope he's not fucking around with that troll Cohen. eew
- R333, no, he's very low-wattage. You can tell this any time he attempts questions outside of his script.
- I think he's rather plain-looking myself.
- Did anyone watch the Don Lemon special about the "N" word? It was most interesting and should shut up those who think Paula Deen is innocent.
- R342 I didn't. What did the special say? thanks in advance
- His special on the N word had great ratings.
- Check out the just-released Don Lemon 80s model pics! He has always been a good looking guy. 25-30 years ago he looked very cute while now he's handsome at almost 50:
- Actually Lemon is very bright. He's dated a lot of intellectuals also.
You wouldn't catch him dating some average bartender. And I doubt he's with Cohen.
- those modeling pics prove that he was always good looking, has great genes and has taken care of himself all these years later.
- Oh, I think he is cute.
I think someone has too much make-up on him though. He looks orange.
But I like him. Sure better than Miss Cohen.
I don't know about Miss Cooper anymore. Seems stuck-up and fixated on hot Hispanic men. So he wouldn't look at an ordinary looking guy--which, after all, she herself is.
- Don, if you are on here, you are a handsome butch guy. Seriously. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the C-word. Yes, Miss Andy herself.
Ole girl has to at least have herpes.
And you are prettier and smarter and can do so much better. Stay away from Miss C. too.
Now Sam would be a hot guy to go for, but I think he has a young one too.
- Don was so cute in those modeling pics! Very all-american.
- [quote]You wouldn't catch him dating some average bartender.
From what I can tell he only dates boss dudes, like that guy from Chicago. Im sure he's had enough average joes as cute as he was/is.
- Don could have been a teen idol actor had he wanted to. He surely had the looks for it. He's aged quite well too.
- How are his ratings>?
- He acts to street and girly sometimes. He is a news anchor. Act like it.
- to 8sic) street and girly?
- I hope Don's star continues to rise at CNN. He is really engaging. I would like to see him on a morning program, that suits his style.
- His comments about disciplining children "like a dog" deserve a good hard slap.
- Speaking of closeted news anchors, Greg Gumbel used to hire a friend of mine who escorted at the time. This was like 10+ years ago though, and I haven't talked to my friend in a while, so I don't know if he still is.
- R358 How about Don and Brianna Keilar from 8 to 10 am.
- r361, that would be the winning combination, but the dolt bosses at CNN would never let it happen.
- Speaking of Greg Gumbel...he is 68 y/o. WOW!
- How are his ratings?
- Pretty good.
- Not one person on CNN has pretty good ratings.
- Don was good in this exchange. Lamont Hill strikes me as a idiot.
- I wonder what Don's skincare regiment is like. He looks great.
- [quote]Lamont Hill strikes me as a idiot.
If you were a little nicer to me, I wouldn't have to strike you at all.
- [quote]skincare regiment
Oh, dear! Does he require an army of estheticians?
- Lamont Hill is hot
- Don probably just has good genes.
- Don has a nice face and great skin but he admitted before that he's too lazy to workout which is a turnoff.
- He's mixed raced not black.
- really, r373? he looks fit
- He is fit. He is the one who dragged Brianna Keilar to spin classes when they were working together.
- very fit
- Dude looks very good. Look at his bod.
- You call that hot, R379?
- He needs to be careful with his journalistic integrity. He needs to rein in the sassiness and emotionalism.
- R374 No, he's black - his mom is just light skinned.
- He is obviously Negro
- His ratings are lackluster at best
- He really clowned last night in that Blizzardmobile. CNN is a joke.
- I caught an episode of Wendy Williams yesterday and was surprised to see Don Lemon on, with two other people who were doing a celebrity gossip segment. I thought he was a "serious" news reporter/journalist for CNN, but he was on being all chatty and shady. Right before the segment aired, they put the camera on the 3 people as a teaser and they all made red carpet poses, like starlets do. Not what I expected from this newsman. I'm torn - not sure if it made him look less credible or more human/a fun guy.
Has he been on Wendy before?