- I liked The Brenda Years.
- My friend and I loved The Kelly Becomes A Cokehead Arc. We weren''t allowed to hang out with each other for a while because we kept getting into trouble. So, we would call each other on the phone right before 90210 started and watch the show together over the phone.
- I did not watch it at first. But the producers were smart and they reran the entire first season over the summer, since there was only reruns on, I started to watch BH 90210 and fell in love. I never missed an episode.
- I liked the early years when it was just the core actors and their stories.
- Don''t watch at all but might start when they show the hottie come out and get a boyfriend. %0D
- It was great that they aired new episodes over the summer. I loved the Brenda years. It went downhill when they put Dylan with Kelly and Brenda was considered the bitch for protesting. Never understood how people liked Dylan/Kelly.\
Gotta say, Dawson''s Creek holds up better in reruns.
- I loved all of it, the highschool years were my favorite though
- TV started to go terribly wrong beginning with this show. TV has never been the same since this terrible terrible show and all the narcissistic socipathic little children who were showcased in it.
- How David Silver did not turn out to be gay has got to be due solely to homophobia.
- Donna Martin Graduates!!
- I loved and still love this show. I liked Brenda, but I think Valerie was a great addition to the show. I loved that she smoked a joint in Brenda''s bedroom in the first episode. I feel like the network would never allow that these days.
- The Brenda years were the best. I didn''t like the Valerie addition to the show at all.
- The first in a long tradition of showcasing 30 year olds as high school students on network tv.
- I thought Kelly''s storylines got more and more ridiculous as the show progressed. Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?%0D\
One of the writers must have acting out his personal revenge fantasies on his high school tormentor or something.
- Don''t forget she almost died in the arms of a lesbian while trapped in a burning building, R14!
- from Imdb: "Kelly Taylor has been through more HELL than anyone else in TV"\
Severe Eating Disorder \
Raped twice \
Burnt in Fire \
Shot at \
Slut rumors \
Shot and murdered someone \
Rooming with a psychotic copycat \
Cocaine Addict \
Abandoned Father \
Dealing with mom being a cocaine addict \
Being in a Cult \
Getting cheated on by Matt \
Calling off her wedding with Brandon \
Calling off her engagement with Matt
- I loved the Brenda years. Say what you will about Doherty, but she was the real star of that show.%0D\
But I never understood the Brenda/Kelly friendship. Kelly always came across as a total bitch to Brenda.
- The ridiculous Kelly Taylor cult episodes are some of my favorites.
- I was in high school when the show premiered. I had the hots for Mr. Walsh. What a sexy daddy. IIRC, there''s brief shot of him in a robe during the opening credits. That brief slab of furry chest got me all hot and bothered. I also liked the daddy on My So-Called Life. %0D\
Oh, and the post-Brenda years sucked. There''s a reason why Luke Perry''s career died along with this show.
- James Eckhouse''s son is on that show Huge on ABC Family now. He''s pretty hot.
- Count me in on the Mr. Walsh lust. IIRC, there were a few scenes in the earlier episodes where he supposedly came home from jogging or whatever wearing a muscle / tank-top and looked fine. I think there may have also been a scene or two of him in boxers while in bed with Mrs. Walsh.
- I loved the show for the first three seasons. The high school years. It was funny seeing Brenda turn into a bitch during the first Emily Valentine episode at the start of season 2.\
She calls Emily a hootenanny during a family Bar-B-Q and says "Why don''t you get your guitar and we''ll all gather round and swoon!"\
Thus beginning the "I hate Brenda" campaign.
- It went downhill very fast after they all graduated from high school. Of course they had to do the stupid TV show thing where they all magically ended up at the same college! \
Not to say it was brilliant television even in the first three seasons ... but it was enjoyable pap at least.
- Emily Valentine was FUG. The actress who played her made Tori Spelling look like Dame Judi Dench.
- I realized I was gay when I couldn''t stop watching Colin, Kelly''s coke-head boyfriend.
- [quote]Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?\
Perhaps the funniest part is that the most fucked-up girl at West Beverly High has now, on the new "90210," become the West Beverly High guidance counselor! Which is really pretty perfect, if you think about it.\
[quote]It was funny seeing Brenda turn into a bitch during the first Emily Valentine episode at the start of season 2.\
The writers turned Brenda into a bitch specifically because Shannen had become such a bitch, which is why she was eventually sent off on a never-ending "semester abroad" to Paris.
- [quote] I thought Kelly''s storylines got more and more ridiculous as the show progressed. Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?\
Remember her stalker who tried to kill her in a car with carbon monoxide? Didn''t she also believe she got HIV towards the end?\
The most absurd plot of that show was when Mr. Hogan returned as Dylan''s dad despite being blown up years before.
- [quote]The most absurd plot of that show was when Mr. Hogan returned as Dylan''s dad despite being blown up years before.\
The annals of soapdom have MUCH more ridiculous tales of returning from the dead.
- Hear hear, R28!
- R15 That''s my favorite episode of all time! When Kelly and that lesbian almost die in a fire at Steve''s super lame "rave". And, um, I relate to Dylan the most because he''s so good looking and misunderstood.
- I didn''t watch 90210, but I remember how hyped Luke Perry was at the time. In the early 90s he really had the PR push behind him - he was going to be the next James Dean (even though he was about 30) and a huge movie star. Within a year of 90210, Perry was over and couldn''t get arrested.
- I loved it when David and Kelly were starting to fall for each other and then their parents announced they were going to get married which freaked both of them out. All of a sudden, they thought they were committing incest.
- Brenda was the best part of the show. Andrea really got on my nerves. She was 30 when the show started. I hated her Jesse/baby storyline.
- I''ve seen every episode of this show and I don''t recall that ever happening, R32.
- Wasn''t "I Hate Brenda" a zine? Omigod, the days of zines...
- R35 Yes, it was a zine! It was done by the same lady who put out "Ben is Dead."
- Never happened, R32. In fact, when their parents got together, the two kids became reluctant friends. Until then, kelly had tolerated David only for Donna''s sake. She thought he was a geeky loser.
- One of my classmates gave me the I Hate Brenda zine.
- "I choose ME!"
- I loved the Andrea storylines!
Gabrielle Carteris, from the retirement home
- I preferred the shows while they were in high school and college. Once they graduated, it was time to pull the plug on the show.
- Valerie ruled. Loved it when Brandon and Kelly broke up and Val remarked to Kel, "I saw Brandon this morning. Looked like someone took the weight of the world off his shoulders."
- Yeah, Valerie was kind of funny, the way she was always sticking it to Kelly. I really liked the episodes she had with that detective. Jonesy, was it? %0D\
Those episodes were much better than the ones where she was borderline patholigical.%0D\
Andrea was totally boring. I think she was only on the show to balance out Kelly and Valerie and the likes. %0D\
Brandon was kind of boring too. Such a man about town wannabe.
- Brandon got annoying in college. I hated the student body president and affair with the married professor storyline.
- If you''re a 90210 fan you should read this interview with one of the producers. It was posted here a couple of months ago and is a great read with lots of behind the scenes dirt:
- "You''re so beautiful, Donna!"
the viewers at home: "her? really?"
- I love the Donna Martin graduates episode.
- I never watched this show, but oh my God, I heard about it constantly.%0D\
I remember Shannon Doherty being hated because she was Brenda and because she was Shannon Doherty.%0D\
I remember hearing about how utterly unattractive and untalented Tori Spelling was.%0D\
I remember Luke Perry being such a big deal. When the show started he was playing a 16 year old, was in real life 24 years old and looked at least 35 years old. What 16 year old has deep wrinkles in his forehead? Anyway, after the show was over he was done. %0D\
I remember hearing about some plotline like this Brenda runs away with Dylan (I think that''s what happened). Her parents decide to punish her...by sending her to Paris! Am I remembering that correctly? Parents punishing their wayward child by sending her to Paris? I mean, how stupid can a fucking show get?
- Donna Martin graduates is my favorite episode of any TV show, ever. %0D\
Then, Buffy''s Hush.
- I stopped watching when Shannon D left. Though I caught a rerun getting blazed with some friends a few years ago and came across Jason Priestly delivering one of tv''s greatest lines, "Whoa! Tienanmen Square sounds intense!"
- Great read r45.
- I loved the episode where the girls have a sleep over and play truth or date with a bitchy girl that had already graduated. She gets Brenda, Donna and Kelly to all turn on each other during the course of a round of truth or date. Then diet pills are discovered in the older girls purse. Such great teen drama!
- i think that''s probably the definitive 90210 episode.
- I hate you both. Never speak to me again!
- I liked the summer beach episodes.
- One of the most amusing episodes was when Brenda came back from Paris and was smoking cigarettes. Everyone lectured her about the dangers of smoking until she eventually quit.\
Found it so amusing since virtually the entire cast were smokers in real life.
- Happy 90210 day
- I loved the episode where they stalked Color Me Badd
- Valerie was the best, and Tiffani was so hot playing her.
- Lol at that line R50! Brandon really was the voice of a generation. I think living-outside-of-the-school-zone-Andrea had a lot to do with such maturity.
I just remember Losing My Religion being played when Dylan and Brenda were getting hot and heavy. That was when I definitively knew REM had sold out.
Loved the episode when Brenda dyed her hair and it went badly. Dylan was their to comfort her. As an 18 year old girl I could feel her pain.
- I liked Andrea the most because I looked like I was in my 30's during my high school years, too.
- Ironically, Brenda had better hair than Kelly
- Cindy Walsh walking in on Jackie doing coke in the restroom at the Mother-Daughter Fashion show was the best scene ever!
- The Color Me Badd episode was great, but I think my favorite is one of those summer episodes where they played poker after hours.
I loved the song Emily Valentine sang at the school's Hello Day assembly.
- Great interview, R45!
I never really watched the show (loved Melrose, though) but it makes me want to go back and watch the old show.
After reading it, I admit I have a much lower opinion of Aaron Spelling (the Dalton James incident) and a much higher regard for Doherty.
- Two words. Gil Meyers. Played by Mark Kiely. The fuckin' HOT ginger teacher from seasons 3-4. I would have never been late for class...
- DICK IS DEAD!!!
- I loved seeing Jason Priestley's "third leg" (translation--big cock) stuffed into his fitting Levi's. Ian Ziering had a pretty nice basket too. They always made Ian wear the fayest clothes (buttoned up to HERE paisley shirts, short-shorts and thin half-top tanks, tight Guess jeans...)
- I loved the episode where Emily Valentine slipped Brandon ecstasy. And of the course the tragic episode where they "lost one of their own". But it was only David's friend (whose name I don't remember).
- Scott Scanlin, R69. A total throwaway character.
- R69, yeah, Brandon had some wild girlfriends.
- David's friend's suicide was actually a good episode for the reason that when the school gathered to mourn his death, David had the freak out where he called everyone out for not even knowing the kid and those who did ostracized him. It was somewhat of a change from all of the usual post-death scenes where everyone gathers round, holds hands and sings.
- Let Donna graduate!! Let Donna graduate!!
- It's Donna Martin graduates, R73
- the interview at r45 makes Jason Priestly look like a tool.
- The early years of the show were great. The minute Dylan chose Kelly was when it lost it's luster. I've hated Kelly since!
- I thought Jim Walsh was kind of hot. Definitely a hot daddy.
- Anyone else remember the episode where Jim and Carol go away for a weekend to a resort and they meet another couple who happen to be swingers?
- Jamie Walters as Donna's abusive boyfriend storyline.
- Jamie Walters didn't play the abusive boyfriend did he?
I thought his character got that spin-off "The Heights" that lasted like 6 episodes.
- I was in high school when 90210 was popular and we used to joke that we had teachers who were younger than some of the cast members playing high school students, like Luke Perry and Gabriel Catheteris or whatever the fuck her name was.
I thought Jason Priestly was the cutest thing I had ever seen back then. He fueled many teenage jack-off fantasies for a whole generation of gaylings.
- So who are we guessing for the actor who beat Tori? I vaguely recall the guy - they used to hang out with Shannon Doherty and go on double dates. It was right at the beginning of the series when they were hugely popular.
- [quote]So who are we guessing for the actor who beat Tori?
No guessing needed - it was Nick Savalas.
- It was Telly Savalas.
- Sorry, Nick Savalas. Telly's son.
- I feel like you were either a Team Brandon person or Team Dylan. You couldn't like both.
I was Team Dylan all the way. I totally fell for that faux bad boy, James Dean thing he had going on back then. Of course I was 12 at the time and didn't know any better. I look back now and see that Luke Perry looked like a shriveled up old prune, even back in 1990.
- They act like Shannen knew Nick was abusive. Poor princess Tori. I think they found everything they could to hate Shannen while Princess Tori and Princess Jennie were the queens. Aaron couldn't do a thing when Tori started whoring around. Didn't she sleep with Brian or one of her other co-stars?
- Yes, she and Brian hooked up. Shannen mentioned it on Watch What Happens last night. She said Jennie and Luke hooked up as well. I'm pretty sure Shannen and Jason did at one point as well.
- Really, R88? Life imitating art I guess. Same with Tori getting abused. I never heard about that before. Did this happen before or after Donna's abuse storyline?
- It would had to have been before since the Ray character wasn't introduced until after Shannen was already gone.
- Jamie Walters was the abusive boyfriend. The Heights was not a 90210 spin-off. In fact, he did 90210 AFTER The Heights.
- The writer in the interview in r45's link said playing Ray Pruitt - a beater - essentially killed Jamie Walter's career. At least they paid out Jamie's whole contract after they fired him.
- Funny how Luke Perry was going to be The Next Big Thing in Hollywood and then he was over and couldn't get arrested as soon as 90210 ended. He was hugely hyped in the early 90s as the next Brando, if you can believe it.
- And now he's running a weed plantation or something in L.A.
- Thanks R83! That was bugging me. I remember him now, total douche.
I thought Shannen got it on with both Luke and Jason?
Saw Luke on stage in When Harry Met Sally. He looked straight at me and made me swoon. Most the audience was made up of Bev Hill fans who sighed when he took his shirt off. He's a weird mix of young and handsome from the eyebrows down, old and wrinkled from the eyebrows up.
- For some reason the episode where they get drunk on watermelon is my favourite. They were pretending to be the people who quit David's video project at the last minute.
- "Gabriel Catheteris"-R81
I agree that Jason Priestley was a hot piece of ass back then.
- Tiffani knew how to make an entrance.
- This is profoundly hilarious:
- Tiffani looks the best of the women.
- Did anyone else think Jim Walsh was a hot daddy?
- [quote] Did anyone else think Jim Walsh was a hot daddy?
Yes. I had hots for him back then. A few years ago he was in an indie where, in one scene, he fucks himself with a dildo.
- Remember when I was on the show?! My character, Donna, was like totally awesome.
- Tori, the only actor that was worse than you was your brother.
- I liked David and Val together.
- Val vs Kelly
- I hate that Dylan and Kelly ended up together.
- Brenda losing her religion and fantasizing about killing Kelly and Dylan.
- Hilarious hate-sex scene with Dylan and Vanessa Marcil's character:
- Shannen, Jennie, and shirtless Ian.
- The Kelly joins a cult story arc really struck a nerve with me while I was in Scientology.
When I was 19, I was a hardcore Scientologist, I had disconnected from my mother, and I eventually made a suicide attempt.
A few weeks later, I was watching 90210 reruns on FX, and I saw the Kelly joins a cult story arc. Kelly disconnected from Brandon and Dylan, who then found a former cult member who had attempted suicide.
I thought, "No, that's not what's happening to me!"
- I remember being in 10th grade and the internet was new and I read online on some spoiler website that Kelly would not indeed marry Brandon despite the fact that were leading up to it. I told my whole homeroom class and no one believed me. I was right.
Remember the girl who stalked Kelly and got her same hair cut? I feel like she went on to other things, but can't remember her name.
- Remember the Internet spoilers about me getting menopause? Then my vag turned to dust in Season 3.
Andrea, barren as the Mojave desert
- R112 - I remember that. They ripped off SWF.
- I'm watching season 6. Ray and Donna were such a doomed couple. Val's friend Ginger was a riot and was so hot for Brandon. The house falling through escrow was badly written. Val seems to be gaining weight.
- Like Melrose Place, the first three seasons were the best.
Watching season 1 right now. Some favorite episodes - Brandon loses his virginity, Kelly's drunk mom, Brenda and Dylan get together, date rape, Brandon and Brenda throw a party when the rents are away, the slumber party, palm springs weekend, the spring dance, and the season ender with them possibly moving back to Minnesota
- The first season sucked. It got better in the second. I liked the early Val seasons (5-7) more than the Brenda years.
As several have mentioned the "RAVE" and fire episodes will always be classic. Kelly becoming a coke addict who can't function in a span of a week is another favorite of mine.
- On first run, I hated Claire. Upon subsequent viewings, she does not bug me.
- It was the only thing Tori Spelling was good in because she was just playing herself - a spoiled rich girl.
- Tori has done well with her books.
- While it was a genius move to air new episodes during the summer, the first summer episodes were boring as hell. The second season's summer episodes when Kelly got her ho back were much better. Plus I love that scene where Brandon is jealous of Ondrea's new boyfriend and she tells him off.
- Both 90210 and MP had 30 plus episodes for most of their seasons, which is unusual.
- It's remarkable that Kathleen Robertson became something of a sex symbol and reasonably good actress given her performance on 90210.
- I was a huge fan when it aired. I never missed an episode. My favortie season though is the summer when Brenda went to Paris and Kelly & Dylan got together. I loved them as a couple. I always wished that Brenda would've stayed in Paris for good. lol I bought that season on DVD and to this day when I re-watch it, I think Kelly & Dylan were the hottest couple on there.
- R126 - Most of the time, Kelly bored me.
- R125 ugh Claire!!! With all characters the producers got rid of so quickly it baffles me why they kept her around for so long. I don't know anyone who liked her.
- Claire was an odd choice.
- I thought Noah and Brandon were the most fuckable. I actually think Luke Perry and Brian Austin Green look much better now. Ps, valerie Malone was Tiffani Thiessens best role.
- I WANTED Gil Meyers
- I enjoy Tiffani on White Collar, but I think you are right about Val being her best role R130
- R130/32 I know it's not saying much, but I think she was the best actor in the show.
- Shannen was good too.
- [quote] Remember the girl who stalked Kelly and got her same hair cut? I feel like she went on to other things, but can't remember her name.
Wasn't it the same girl who was in the fire with Kelly and she had been severely burned. I remember that actress being on the other shows too, but I can't remember her name.
- Was Gina any good? I stopped watching that show at that point, but I know she was supposed to be the "bitch" after Valerie left.
- I had to look up Gina. Didn't remember her either.
- R135 I think she guested on Frasier a couple of times. I don't know know her name but I could obviously figure it out thru a couple cross references. She looked like a fat Debra Winger.
R136 I never watched General Hospital but just based on what she did on this show Vanessa Marcil was a horrible actress.
- The one who did a SWF on Kelly was Tara, played by Paige Moss
- How was Lindsay Price in it?
- Lindsay Price played a good girl from what I remember. Her character was basically supporting character for Steve.
- Thanks R141, How did her character become part of the show?
- Val's introduction
- Val was a total HOOkER! I mean that as a compliment!
- R144 -Val was a player.
- Tiffani's boob job was done very well.
- Did she ever admit to a boob job? She had also gained weight and some women have a second puberty of sorts in their 20s when the boobs expand.
- Does anyone remeber me?
- Too bad Tori didn't get Showgirls instead of that bitch Elizabeth Berkley.
- [quote]Did she ever admit to a boob job? She had also gained weight and some women have a second puberty of sorts in their 20s when the boobs expand.
No, she never admitted to it (even denying it on Howard Stern, I believe), but it's quite apparent when you see her on Saved By The Bell: The College Years where she was flat-chested, and then a year later when they made the Zach and Kelly get married SBTB TV movie, her boobs were noticeably bigger.
- R150 Someone probably told her that if she was going to be "overweight" she might as well be busty.
- Weight gain also goes to boobs.
- Val was probably the best character they've ever had on the show. Kathleen Robertson has been doing some really good work lately but Clare Arnold was such a snoozefest most of the time.
- R153 - ITA.
Claire and Steve were an interesting pairing, but she was a snoozefest most of the time.
- I love all the losers Donna dated between her relationships with David. Especially Ray Pruitt! And I love how on the new 90210 the talk about David and Donna being divorced because he was a ho.
- R156 - ray was a real loser.
- R153 well I think TAT was the best actress. Even with all the backstabbing and bitching she was able to make her sympathetic and likeable. It certainly wasn't creditable to the writing.
And unlike most of the cast, she knew how to say a line without it sounding like she was reciting it.
Claire always just grossed me out. Especially in the beginning, but even later...I just though she was annoying and the fact at you could see up her nostrils didn't help. With all the actors that came and went I have no idea why they kept her on for so long - everyone I know couldn't stand her.
- R157 - Have you seen any of Kathleen Robertson's recent work? She's come a long way from Claire.
- R158 no and I've heard the same thing, so I won't judge on that. She was on Boss but I watched only a few episodes.
I've also seen her (never went up to her) at a couple of LA fashion/media type parties and she gives off a pretty chill easy going vibe.
But I stand by that as Claire she was insufferable. :)
- David and Val getting it on
- R150 - Tiff was not flat in the college years.
- Loved when Brenda told Emily Valentine (the new girl in school who was dating both Brandon and Dylan), "Have fun at the gynecologist!" Meow!!
- I loved when they made me the star of the show- oh wait wrong version.
- R163 - very much the wrong version.
- Val was one of my favorite characters. I remember when Tiffani-Amber Thiessen joined, FOX heavily promoted it. I loved the ending of her first episode, when it became revealed that she was going to bring trouble.
- What did Val do at the end of the first episode? I don't remember. Smoke a joint?
- "There's no more pie left I ate it. Are we supposed to shake hands or something?" - Val to Kelly
- They're re-running it in the UK right now, daily episodes. Tuned in at random one day and it was the episode where Andrea has to move in with her grandmother after Brendan accidentally outs her as not living in the school district. Guess it's from season 1 or 2?
- [quote]Tiff was not flat in the college years.
Yes, she was.
- R169 - season 1 I think, possibly 2.
- Creepy incestuous promo picture of the Walsh twins
- ^^ that photo would have been better if it was Brendan and Jim Walsh.
- R172 - Shannen looks spooked.
- Val versus Kelly
- Am I the only one who had hots for Jim Walsh? As a teenager, watching the show, I would always secretly hope that they would show us his furry chest.
- Yes, James Eckhouse was attractive. He also wasn't old enough in real life to be Jason Priestley's father.
- He was born in 1955. Jason was born in 1969. Shannen in 1971.
- He would have been a 14 year-old father.
- Old bitches
- R181 - yawn
- Why is R181 yawning to themself? And James Eckhouse WAS hot.
- I was yawning about R180 but had the numbers wrong.
- Scene from the finale!
- Jennie Garth today looks like her show mom then.
- r172, Shannen has said she had a crush on Jason.
- R187 yeah she made some really funny comments about that on the BH reunion (some 10years ago).
- I wish 90210 had done more crossovers with Melrose Place. Can you imagine Kelly and Sydney as rivals over Jake?
- Kelly is mo match for Syd. They were not even in the same league. Val could have crossed over. I would have seen her going for Billy.
- Can we all agree that Melrose Place was miles more entertaining than Beverly Hills 90210?
- Of course it was more entertaining. Drunk Alison, batshit crazy Kimberly, Syndey hooks and strips, Amanda's bitchiness. It was high octane entertainment, well until Kimberly blew up the building.
I didn't watch 90210 after Brenda left and it became full on soap opera. I enjoyed "the issues" episodes early and season 2 the show was at it's peak, but lacked the campiness of Melrose
- It's the 20th anniversary of Kimberly blowing up the building.
- Does anyone remeber Andrea's husband Jesse? He seemed like he would be a good sweaty fuck.
- 90210 was camp too. Maybe the Melrose people were more self aware but they existed in a terrible seedy locale and so everybody was cynical and world weary. 90210 was deliciously camp too though - don't be fooled. I remember the episode where Dylan and Andrea discussed the merits of Virginia Woolf. "If I had a place like this, I'd write and write for days! Have you read "A Room of One's Own"?
- Didn't Kelly and Sydney basically go through the same storylines? Cult, check! Assault, check!
- I loved Melrose. It was like some German silent film melodrama from the 1920s. No character was spared a horrendous ordeal.
- 90210 was campy in its prime, but it was different. It was more innocent.
- I loved Ray and Donna:
"Please don't go, Ray. I LOVE YOU!!!"
"Oh so now you're going to cry? Can't get what you want so you turn on the faucets. I am so sick of you and your spoiled rich friends. I'm getting out of here!"
"Do me a favor Ray - DON'T CALL ME!"
"Don't worry. You can count on it."
Ray drives off in a rage and Donna breaks down in tears.
- Post-Brenda, Valerie was pretty much the only interesting character.
- Playing Ray actually destroyed Jamie Walters' music career. He once did a concert at the height of 90210 fame and girls were holding up banners saying "BEAT ME RAY"
- I blame this show for the fact that when I see an actual 16-18 year old, I always think they're 12. I'm so used to seeing 30 year olds playing teenagers that when I encounter a real one I have to fight the urge to diaper them.
- [quote]I blame this show for the fact that when I see an actual 16-18 year old, I always think they're 12. I'm so used to seeing 30 year olds playing teenagers that when I encounter a real one I have to fight the urge to diaper them.
Some of the cast members weren't too old when the show started. Shannen and Jennie were 19 and Tori and Brian were 17. But if you watch the early episodes of the show and then compare today's actors who are in their late teens and early 20s, some look very young compared to how many 20 something actors looked in the 90s.
- That phenomenon did not start with 90210. Travolta and ONJ and especially Stockard were way too old to play high school students.
- R200 - Who was interesting before Val?
- The dynamic between Brenda, Kelly, and Dylan was what was driving the show before Shannen got canned. After that, the story arcs became far more "adult", with pretty much everyone, except for Valerie, painted as fundamentally good and relatable.
- The Color Me Bad episode is hilarious
- This shows later seasons were definitely Melrose Place esque.
I remember when the actress that played Sydney was on playing a different character named Sophie, who was a scheming wannabe actress, who two timed Steve with David, after Steve catches them in bed together he punches out David and calls Sophie a slut!
They should of just had Laura Leighton play Sydney as Sophie was a virtual identical character.
- Because Sydney was brought back from the dead in the Melrose 2.0, fans have speculated that Sophie was in fact Sydney under an alias.
- Along with Amanda and Kimberly, Sydney WAS Melrose. I think fans would have been pissed if she was uprooted to 90210. She would never have been friends with any West Beverly types.
- Does anybody remember Kristian Alfonso playing Sydney's evil pimp?
- Nobody liked Dylan/Kelly, at least my friends.
Yeah, the Branda years were the best. I also loved the summer arch, I think it was the beginning of season 2.
- "shriveled up old prune" lol, r86!
And no, I liked both of them. Well, I liked Dylan but I LOVED Brandon. I had posters and everything.
- Kelly was cool in the early seasons, but then quickly became the ultimate victim by the time the cast hit college.
She was addicted to diet pills and nearly died, her classmate Joy was revealed to be her long lost half sister, she was burned in a sorority house fire and one of the other girls burned in the fire was a lesbian who later revealed that she was secretly in love with Kelly After Cosmetic Surgery For Her Burns! While being trapped in the fire, boyfriend Brandon cheated on her with psycho Emily Vakentine, right out of the sanitarium.
She joined the evil Professor Finley ' s New Evolution Cult, was stalked by the campus rapist in Season 5
Her Dylan and Brandon all "traveled back in time" where Dylan realized that Kelly was his soul mate
She chose herself, by turning down Dylan's offer of a trip around the world and Brandon ' s marriage proposal.
She hooked up with cocaine addicted and perennially shirtless artist Colin, who was already cheating on Kelly with a rich married older woman Claudia Van Eyk, played by Mary Crosby of Dallas fame
Kelly eventually became addicted to and was almost raped by her dealer until Brandon saved her
While in rehab, she met Tara, who Kelly became friends with and who moved in with her
Tara eventually became a Single White Female stalker, who killed Kellys pet fish, schemed and destroyed Kellys relationships, threatened to Kill Kellys nemesis Valerie and destroyed her car
She also got her hair cut just like Kellys and tried to seduce Brandon and take over Kellys life as a "lookalike"
Tara eventually kidnapped Kelly at gun point and tried to kill her with carbon monoxide poisoning!
There's more to come...
- R211 of course. This was before KA went skeletal.
- Didn't the lesbian who was burned in the fire stalk Kelly too?
- Here is the Tara and Kelly story at a one and a half hour movie. Grab some popcorn and enjoy:
- Kelly, while on probation from her drug possession arrest the previous season, was working at an AIDS shelter, where she was accidentally injected with a contaminated needle
She thought she had AIDS
She was also shot, went into a coma, woke up only to have amnesia and therefore completely forgetting about her love story with Brandon
New x character Noah helped save Kellys life after he gave her his blood. Kelly than thought that Noah, not Brandon was the love of her love
It took months for Kelly to get her memories back
When she got her memories back, she reunited with Brandon only for him to cheat on her with a scheming, slutty, red haired "sex therapist" named Emma
Emma then started blackmailing Brandon, after he ended their affair, eventually Emma sent Kelly tapes on their love making and conversations!
Kelly broke up with Brandon, again!, only too take him back and finally accept his marriage proposal
However the day of the wedding, Brandon got cold feet and left her at the altar
Next season it was revealed that Kellys nemesis Valerie had written a long letter to Brandon on why he shouldn't marry Kelly
Kelly got a hold of the letter and blamed Valerie for her being left at the altar
Kelly then romanced and became engaged to lawyer Matt Durning, the only problem was that Matt HAD A Secret Wife With A mental illness that he had institualized, that he never mentioned to fiance Kelly
Lauren, Matt's wife, eventually found Matt In Beverly Hills and admitted that she still loved him and that she wouldn't divorce him so he could marry Kelly
Lauren and Matt also discovered a cure for her "brain illness", so Dylan and Kelly flew to Mexico to bring the cure home
The only problem was that Dylan and Kelly slept together, with Dylan cheating on his then girlfriend figure skater from he'll and Donna cousin, later revealed to be her half sister,
Gina found out and bitch slapped Kelly and wrote SLUT in lipstick on Kelly bathroom mirror
Lauren eventually gave Matt THE divorce, After THE Cure DIDN'T Work after all, and went away to die from her brain disease, leaving Kelly and Matt to get back together, only for Kelly to be raped by scumbag Joe Patch, Joe later found out where Kelly worked and tried to rape her again, but this time Kelly shot and killed his ass in self defense
Kelly was arrested for murder, but it turns out Joe was a client of Matt's, her fiance
Murder charges were dropped after evidence supported Kelly that she killed him in self defense
But she would break up with Matt again, despite the fact that Matt got her murder charges dropped, because she couldn't believe that he would defend a rapist like Joe Patch
- Kelly was also pregnant with Brandon ' s baby, suffered a miscarriage and was told by the doctors that she could never bear children.
She then found a baby! On her door step, she went behind Brandon ' s back to adopt the baby, only too have the biological mom and a gay male couple! Enter into a custody battle with Kelly over the baby
- Kelly became Jane Mancini.
- Jane was so evil.
- Can we talk about the opening credits? Favorite moments? Why does Andrea have that surprised look on her face? Does anybody else find Cindy Walsh a bit creepy?
- David doing his breakdancing. I love that nerd so much.
- Scott Scanlon accidentally killing himself. Poor David!
- I like hairy men, so I always wanted Jim Walsh to fuck me. James Eckhouse, the actor who played him, always had a tuft of dark chest hairy poking out of his shirts. Used to get me so hot! Made my bf jealous.
- David Silver and Sydney Andrews should have got together.
- The most hilarious storyline was in Season 8, when ugly Donna became a huge pill addict, after a car accident
It was hilarious, Valley of the Dolls style camp watching Tori Spelling "act" out that storyline!
- A lot of addiction issues -- Dylan and alcohol, Donna and pills, Kelly and coke, Brandon and gambling, I think David might have had a drug addiction as well.
- r228, watch this - hahahahaha
- I read an interview with writer/producer Larry Mollin, who worked on 90210 during seasons 4-7, aka the college years, also the shows best years in my opinion.
He said that a lot of the cast HATED the show at this point and HATED having to do a soap opera week after week, but certain actors stayed with it because that was where the money was.
He also said that the writers had no problem writing "soap opera" but they also tried to make the drama realistic and character driven, but by the time he was leaving the show in Season 7, they had already jumped the shark with their stories and became Melrose Place esque and all plot driven
He said the whole show had become "Who's sleeping with who or cheating on whom this week"
- R230 Did she get Emmy nomination?
- The producers failed to do research on the place where the Walshes came from, Wayzata, Minnesota . It's pronounced "why-zetta", not "way-zotta" like Brenda said it.
- Did anyone else love Dylan's exit storyline in Season 6?
Basically he befriends Toni Marchette, because she's the daughter of the mobster who "killed" his dad, Jack Mckay, back in Season 3
Eventually Dylan falls in love with Toni for real, even though Toni is devastated that Dylan at first only befriended her just to get access to her father
Toni and Dylan confront her mobster father at the Peach Pit (!) Where he reveals that he did have Jack "killed"
Dylan and Toni move in together, with Toni cutting all ties with her father, and the 2 decide to get married
Antonio Marchette, Toni ' s father, hears on the marriage plans, begs Toni not to marry Dylan and that the marriage will be doomed
Toni tells her father that she loves Dylan and if he can't accept that that she wants nothing to do with him anymore
Dylan and Toni get married, but Antonio decides to have Dylan whacked on their wedding day!
But the hit man accidently kills Toni instead
I'll never forget that scene where Dylan runs over to her bullet ridden body screaming to Brandon "look what they've done to her!" In tears.
In Season 10, after Dylan had returned to the show, it was revealed that Dylan's dad Jack DIDN'T die in that mob hit car bomb explosion in Season 3 after all and he was alive and living in the witness protection program for the last 7 years and remarried too!
- It would have been great if Brenda Walsh came back to stick it to bitch Kelly.
We could have been great friends!
- [quote]The prodmucers failed to do research on the place where the Walshes came from, Wayzata, Minnesota . It's pronounced "why-zetta", not "way-zotta" like Brenda said it.
Grew up in Minnesota and was age of the target audience. Had a friend who could never get past this -- that and the fact that Brandon and Brenda were amazed that there were such things as shopping malls, because malls don't exist in Minnesota (except they really do and well before 1990).
- Gil Meyers (because it bears repeating)
- I was a junior in high school when this show debuted, and my gay little ass loved it, especially Brandon and Brenda. I watched it faithfully all through the college years, but finally gave up on it in the final, post-Brandon years when it got ULTRA soapy.
I was just thinking about this show the other day, and looked up the ages of Carol Potter and James Eckhouse (Jim and Cindy Walsh). Turns out I'm now the exact age of Carol Potter when the show started! And Eckhouse was even younger! That made me feel OLD!
- Where's the coke Kelly!?
- I totally would have watched the Jackie Taylor show.
- OMG here's the whole Kelly's mom being a coke whore episode
- Kelly was perfect to be a coke head.
- R238 90210 was always "soapy", but it really went the full blown prime time soap route starting with Season 5.
It was fairly obvious they were trying to keep up with the antics of spin off sensation Melrose Place.
Another of my favorite storylines it during Season 9, when Valerie confesses to David that her molester father didn't kill himself 5 years ago, but that SHE shot and killed him and cleaned up the crime scene to make it look like a suicide
Meanwhile Val's mom Abby (played by Knots Landings Michelle Phillips) comes to town with her new fiance and announces that she's eloping with him to Vegas that weekend
Valerie joins her mom and fiance Carl and the bitch begins seducing and sleeping with Carl, her mom's fiance!
At the wedding after Abby marries Carl, she's all like "Why don't you kiss your stepfather Valerie"?
The look on Valerie ' s face was priceless!
Carl, of course becomes obsessed with Valerie, Abby finds out and confronts her daughter and Valerie also confesses that she killed her father and that he was a bastard child molester and that she hates her Mom, because she knew about the abuse and allowed it to go for years
Abby then bitch slaps Valerie and it's so UNINTENTIONALLY hilarious!
- R234 yes that was over the top!
I loved Kelly's coke whore mom! Remember the mother daughter fashion show? I hated that they tamed her by having her marry David's dad who later ended up cheating on her. Bad storyline turn IMHO.
Brandon on E with Emily valentine was the BEST!
- On the new 90210 Jackie is a coke whore again.
- Valerie was the best!
- R246 yes Valeries awesome!
I used to LOVE how she always put that cunt, pig Kelly in her place
Gosh Kelly and all her melodrama got to be so insufferable
The only period in the post Brenda era when Kelly was tolerable was when the bitch had amnesia throughout season 8!
One of my favorite Valerie and Kelly scenes is towards the end of season 6, when they're being interviewed by the police about the whereabouts of coke head bail jumper Colin, who had pulled an OJ and lead the police on a high speed chase only to "disappear"
Kelly SWEARS that Valerie knows where Colin is, since Colin naturally started fucking Valerie after Kelly went to rehab and dumped his ass
Valerie tells the police and Kelly that she has no idea where Colin is and Kelly says he may have contacted Claudia Van Eck, the rich married older woman played by Dallas' Mary Crosby of "Who Shot JR" fame, whom Colin was cheating on Kelly with
And then Valerie goes "Oh Claudia I've heard of her wasn't she that OLDER woman who Colin was doing behind your back the entire time that you 2 were together Kelly? How precious! "
Fucking loved her!
- Kelly became an obnoxious doormat.
- R248 yes!
As well as hypocritical judgmental bitch!
I remember when Kelly and Brandon had one of their umpteenth reunions and Kelly had just found out that she was pregnant by Brabdon, before the inevitable miscarriage and Kelly moves into the Walsh house with Brandon
Anyway cunt Kelly tells Brandon that in order for her to be happy he only has to do one thing... kick Valerie out!
Bitch it ain't even you're fucking house, who the hell are you!
- Did James Eckhouse ever appear shirtless on the show?
- [R250] no, but neither did Carol Potter unfortunately.
- The last part of this episode is my favorite
- Andrea and Brandon so should of hooked up
Remember in the first seeason, when it looked like the Walsh family were gonna move?
Andrea offered to give her virginity to The Bran Man!
- Speaking of Andrea, one of the worst storylines was in Season 5 when Andrea, married with a newborn and in medical school, begins having an extramarital affair on Jesse with Peter, the red head doctor, who is also married
They completely destroyed the Andrea character and it was ultra sleazy, with Andrea and Peter doing it in the hospital(!) And cheap motel rooms
There was this big dramatic scene when Andrea tells Peter that she loves him and is prepared to divorce Jesse if it means that they could be together.
And Peter is all like what we have is just sex, I'm not divorcing my wife for you!
.Stupid bitch Andrea!
And I seem to recall that storyline going on FOREVER, essentially all 32 episodes of Season 5
I remember watching it and thinking "When are they gonna end this damn thing"?
It's also funny how Andrea didn't even have a single scene with new Season 5 cast members, Claire, Valerie or Ray
It was like the producers knew that it was gonna be her last season
- Andrea was too old to hang out with Claire, Valerie, and Ray.
- I thought Andrea and Brandon should have hooked up as well.
- Andera should have become a lesbian. The lack of gay representation on BH90210 is a strike against it. Melrose was ahead of the pack.
- Shannen Doherty could have been the Susan Lucci of primetime soaps if she'd had any vision for her life and legacy.
- To be the Lucci of primetime r258 - hardly an ambition one sets oneself.
- It's the show of my youth. It started my freshman year of high school and ended my last year of college (I took some time off in between h.s. and college while my mom died). I will always have a soft spot. I grew up with the characters. And did it without heroin unlike Dylan.
- R257 - There was Tara's obsession with Kelly. But that was it.
- Highlights of Valerie in season 5
- R261 there was also Allison, the lesbian that Kelly was trapped in the sorority house fire with.
She was REALLY burned in the fire, weeks after the fire they showed Alison all bandaged up in the hospital telling Kelly that she misses her
By the season finale it's revealed by Alisons ex that they broke up not only because of the fire, but because Alison was secretly in love with Kelly!
Cue the melodramatic soap music!
Kelly then invites burnt lezzie Alison to her house, but Alison is miraculously beautiful agsin, with no burns on her body!
Must of been a great Doctor that she had
And of course all of 90210 thinks that Kelly is gonna muffins dive with Alison
See in 90210 land, not only does every man fall in love with the beautiful Kelly Taylor, but the occasional lesbian does too!
- R252: Coke-whore Mom is wearing the UGLIEST outfit.
And Brenda looks like a football player in that white dress.
- "See in 90210 land, not only does every man fall in love with the beautiful Kelly Taylor, but the occasional lesbian does too!" - Yes. And I don't think Kelly is all that beautiful.
- [quote]I thought Andrea and Brandon should have hooked up as well.
They almost did.
- R264 - I thought Brenda looked ok.
- R262 I loved it!
But they left out the whole Ray cheats on Donna with Valerie storyline and after Ray breaks it off with Valerie, Valerie begins (briEfly) stalking Donna and Ray, only for Valerie to blackmail Ray and have Ray leave town briefly, which of course set up the Donna is tied up and nearly raped and murdered by the campus rapist storyline!
Good thing David saved her from the evil Garrett Slain!
- Seriously who would wanna rape horse face Donna?
- You know who would have been even BETTER as Brenda Walsh. Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- R270 - SMG was 12 or 13 when the show started. I think Shannen did a great h=job as Brenda.
- They should have just let Donna get raped. Then that whole tedious virginity crap could have been over. And didn't Kellie get raped like three times?
- R270 I think Shannen Doherty is a better actress than SMG. So how about THAT?
- You can't rape the willing r272
- [quote]Andera should have become a lesbian. The lack of gay representation on BH90210 is a strike against it. Melrose was ahead of the pack.
Melrose Place was ahead of BH90210 back then, when it came to gay representation. I might be wrong, but didn't FOX not allow a scene of Matt kissing a man to be aired?
- Matt kissed guys on MP.
- I don't understand why everyone was drawn to Kelly. She was pretty, but boring.
- Valerie was sexier than Kelly. Even Gina was sexier than Kelly.
- Brenda was sexier than Kelly.
- Scott Scanlon was sexier than Kelly.
- Cindy Walsh was sexier than Kelly.
- Andrea Zuckerman was sexier than Kelly.
- R281 - maybe
R282 - no!
- Wasn't Kelly a big ol' slut?
- Kelly was slut on the BH 90210 reboot show. She fucked several students as a guidance counselor.
- No she didn't
- Val and Kelly moments
- I'll never understand why Kelly was supposed to have had a nose job. Like anyone would get a nose job that looked like that?
- I hated the short storyline in which Val had an HIV scare.
- R289 she acted t well, though. Actually, she was the best actress on the show.
- In the episode about the HIV scare, I thought the writers were going to go the route of having Val test positive. This was a few years after Chad Lowe played an HIV positive character on Life Goes On. At the end, she got her negative results.
- I always thought that Steve was on the D.L. He sauntered model-perfect, like he was balancing a book on his head, wore the best fashions of all the guys (those tight pants, buttoned-up-to-here silk shirts, half tops and short shorts were to die for!), had mommy issues and always wore his heart on his sleeve. I bet he secretly pined after Brandon.
- Dylan and Val save Erica
- "The lack of gay representation on BH90210 is a strike against it."
Well there was that episode in the first or second season where Kelly is dating one of the most popular guys at West Beverly but figures out he is gay. It was a very pro-gay storyline and the guy was played by David Lascher who at the time was SUPER CUTE.
I think Scott was secretly in love with David and it subconsciously led him to be careless with guns.
- Remember seeing Casper van Dien trying too woo Tori Spelling. I mean, really?! Talk about fantasy.
- R295 yes that was ludicrous! And ugh Donna had to choose between Griffin Stone (Casper ' s character) and Ray, she eventually picked Ray
I remember Felice, Donna's excellent bitch mom, tried to break Donna and Ray up by offering poor white trash Ray a nice check if he were to dump her daughter.
Of course Griffin would try to get back at Donna by starting the sorority house fire that nearly killed Kelly, he also set Steve up for the fire, who was arrested
Ray would eventually turn into a woman beater and cheater too!
The HILARIOUS Season 5 finale scene where Ray accuses Donna of sleeping with David and giving her virginity to him, because his back and ending with Ray pushing Uggo down a flight of stairs has to be seen to be believed!
- Kelly and Jane from Melrose were very similar, both in looks and in personality.
- Jane was better looking.
- I disagree R298
- for you r296
- I loved bitchy Felice Martin. One of my favorite episodes was when the girls and David go to a hotel to stalk Color Me Badd. There at the hotel, Donna spots Felice having an affair.
- The David drug addict story line was wonderful.
- So who was fucking behind the scenes.
- Carol Potter and Luke Perry.
I kid you not.
- Weren't they the same sge?
- R303 - I always wondered about Tiffani & who she dallied with.
- R303 um....Carol Potter and Christine Elise?
- Did EVERYONE on this show cheat? It sure seems like it
Accept for the Walsh parents of course
I mean even Donna's parents BOTH cheated!
Another thing is that EVERYONE had to be in a relationship, even if they didn't love the person or were waiting for the person that they really loved to return the favor
Also like Claire said "this group is so incestuous"
- R297 they both dated Jake Hanson!
- Show sucked but I always watched for the eyecandy. Matt was boring as hell but sexy as fuck. Colin and Matt made me spill my seed a lot.
- The actress who played Emily, would write episodes for the show in later seasons under an alias name
She was living with and dating Jason Priestley at the time
I believe she also wrote some episodes of Melrose under an alias as well.
Emily was such a crazy psycho character, especially when she drugged Brandon and slashed his tires and almost set the float on fire.
Aaron Spelling loved the actress
- Emily = Christine Elise.