- I liked The Brenda Years.
- My friend and I loved The Kelly Becomes A Cokehead Arc. We weren''t allowed to hang out with each other for a while because we kept getting into trouble. So, we would call each other on the phone right before 90210 started and watch the show together over the phone.
- I did not watch it at first. But the producers were smart and they reran the entire first season over the summer, since there was only reruns on, I started to watch BH 90210 and fell in love. I never missed an episode.
- I liked the early years when it was just the core actors and their stories.
- Don''t watch at all but might start when they show the hottie come out and get a boyfriend. %0D
- It was great that they aired new episodes over the summer. I loved the Brenda years. It went downhill when they put Dylan with Kelly and Brenda was considered the bitch for protesting. Never understood how people liked Dylan/Kelly.\
Gotta say, Dawson''s Creek holds up better in reruns.
- I loved all of it, the highschool years were my favorite though
- TV started to go terribly wrong beginning with this show. TV has never been the same since this terrible terrible show and all the narcissistic socipathic little children who were showcased in it.
- How David Silver did not turn out to be gay has got to be due solely to homophobia.
- Donna Martin Graduates!!
- I loved and still love this show. I liked Brenda, but I think Valerie was a great addition to the show. I loved that she smoked a joint in Brenda''s bedroom in the first episode. I feel like the network would never allow that these days.
- The Brenda years were the best. I didn''t like the Valerie addition to the show at all.
- The first in a long tradition of showcasing 30 year olds as high school students on network tv.
- I thought Kelly''s storylines got more and more ridiculous as the show progressed. Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?%0D\
One of the writers must have acting out his personal revenge fantasies on his high school tormentor or something.
- Don''t forget she almost died in the arms of a lesbian while trapped in a burning building, R14!
- from Imdb: "Kelly Taylor has been through more HELL than anyone else in TV"\
Severe Eating Disorder \
Raped twice \
Burnt in Fire \
Shot at \
Slut rumors \
Shot and murdered someone \
Rooming with a psychotic copycat \
Cocaine Addict \
Abandoned Father \
Dealing with mom being a cocaine addict \
Being in a Cult \
Getting cheated on by Matt \
Calling off her wedding with Brandon \
Calling off her engagement with Matt
- I loved the Brenda years. Say what you will about Doherty, but she was the real star of that show.%0D\
But I never understood the Brenda/Kelly friendship. Kelly always came across as a total bitch to Brenda.
- The ridiculous Kelly Taylor cult episodes are some of my favorites.
- I was in high school when the show premiered. I had the hots for Mr. Walsh. What a sexy daddy. IIRC, there''s brief shot of him in a robe during the opening credits. That brief slab of furry chest got me all hot and bothered. I also liked the daddy on My So-Called Life. %0D\
Oh, and the post-Brenda years sucked. There''s a reason why Luke Perry''s career died along with this show.
- James Eckhouse''s son is on that show Huge on ABC Family now. He''s pretty hot.
- Count me in on the Mr. Walsh lust. IIRC, there were a few scenes in the earlier episodes where he supposedly came home from jogging or whatever wearing a muscle / tank-top and looked fine. I think there may have also been a scene or two of him in boxers while in bed with Mrs. Walsh.
- I loved the show for the first three seasons. The high school years. It was funny seeing Brenda turn into a bitch during the first Emily Valentine episode at the start of season 2.\
She calls Emily a hootenanny during a family Bar-B-Q and says "Why don''t you get your guitar and we''ll all gather round and swoon!"\
Thus beginning the "I hate Brenda" campaign.
- It went downhill very fast after they all graduated from high school. Of course they had to do the stupid TV show thing where they all magically ended up at the same college! \
Not to say it was brilliant television even in the first three seasons ... but it was enjoyable pap at least.
- Emily Valentine was FUG. The actress who played her made Tori Spelling look like Dame Judi Dench.
- I realized I was gay when I couldn''t stop watching Colin, Kelly''s coke-head boyfriend.
- [quote]Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?\
Perhaps the funniest part is that the most fucked-up girl at West Beverly High has now, on the new "90210," become the West Beverly High guidance counselor! Which is really pretty perfect, if you think about it.\
[quote]It was funny seeing Brenda turn into a bitch during the first Emily Valentine episode at the start of season 2.\
The writers turned Brenda into a bitch specifically because Shannen had become such a bitch, which is why she was eventually sent off on a never-ending "semester abroad" to Paris.
- [quote] I thought Kelly''s storylines got more and more ridiculous as the show progressed. Who the hell gets raped, joins a cult, gets shot, becomes an addict, develops an eating disorder, etc. etc. Anybody care to add to the list?\
Remember her stalker who tried to kill her in a car with carbon monoxide? Didn''t she also believe she got HIV towards the end?\
The most absurd plot of that show was when Mr. Hogan returned as Dylan''s dad despite being blown up years before.
- [quote]The most absurd plot of that show was when Mr. Hogan returned as Dylan''s dad despite being blown up years before.\
The annals of soapdom have MUCH more ridiculous tales of returning from the dead.
- Hear hear, R28!
- R15 That''s my favorite episode of all time! When Kelly and that lesbian almost die in a fire at Steve''s super lame "rave". And, um, I relate to Dylan the most because he''s so good looking and misunderstood.
- I didn''t watch 90210, but I remember how hyped Luke Perry was at the time. In the early 90s he really had the PR push behind him - he was going to be the next James Dean (even though he was about 30) and a huge movie star. Within a year of 90210, Perry was over and couldn''t get arrested.
- I loved it when David and Kelly were starting to fall for each other and then their parents announced they were going to get married which freaked both of them out. All of a sudden, they thought they were committing incest.
- Brenda was the best part of the show. Andrea really got on my nerves. She was 30 when the show started. I hated her Jesse/baby storyline.
- I''ve seen every episode of this show and I don''t recall that ever happening, R32.
- Wasn''t "I Hate Brenda" a zine? Omigod, the days of zines...
- R35 Yes, it was a zine! It was done by the same lady who put out "Ben is Dead."
- Never happened, R32. In fact, when their parents got together, the two kids became reluctant friends. Until then, kelly had tolerated David only for Donna''s sake. She thought he was a geeky loser.
- One of my classmates gave me the I Hate Brenda zine.
- "I choose ME!"
- I loved the Andrea storylines!
Gabrielle Carteris, from the retirement home
- I preferred the shows while they were in high school and college. Once they graduated, it was time to pull the plug on the show.
- Valerie ruled. Loved it when Brandon and Kelly broke up and Val remarked to Kel, "I saw Brandon this morning. Looked like someone took the weight of the world off his shoulders."
- Yeah, Valerie was kind of funny, the way she was always sticking it to Kelly. I really liked the episodes she had with that detective. Jonesy, was it? %0D\
Those episodes were much better than the ones where she was borderline patholigical.%0D\
Andrea was totally boring. I think she was only on the show to balance out Kelly and Valerie and the likes. %0D\
Brandon was kind of boring too. Such a man about town wannabe.
- Brandon got annoying in college. I hated the student body president and affair with the married professor storyline.
- If you''re a 90210 fan you should read this interview with one of the producers. It was posted here a couple of months ago and is a great read with lots of behind the scenes dirt:
- "You''re so beautiful, Donna!"
the viewers at home: "her? really?"
- I love the Donna Martin graduates episode.
- I never watched this show, but oh my God, I heard about it constantly.%0D\
I remember Shannon Doherty being hated because she was Brenda and because she was Shannon Doherty.%0D\
I remember hearing about how utterly unattractive and untalented Tori Spelling was.%0D\
I remember Luke Perry being such a big deal. When the show started he was playing a 16 year old, was in real life 24 years old and looked at least 35 years old. What 16 year old has deep wrinkles in his forehead? Anyway, after the show was over he was done. %0D\
I remember hearing about some plotline like this Brenda runs away with Dylan (I think that''s what happened). Her parents decide to punish her...by sending her to Paris! Am I remembering that correctly? Parents punishing their wayward child by sending her to Paris? I mean, how stupid can a fucking show get?
- Donna Martin graduates is my favorite episode of any TV show, ever. %0D\
Then, Buffy''s Hush.
- I stopped watching when Shannon D left. Though I caught a rerun getting blazed with some friends a few years ago and came across Jason Priestly delivering one of tv''s greatest lines, "Whoa! Tienanmen Square sounds intense!"
- Great read r45.
- I loved the episode where the girls have a sleep over and play truth or date with a bitchy girl that had already graduated. She gets Brenda, Donna and Kelly to all turn on each other during the course of a round of truth or date. Then diet pills are discovered in the older girls purse. Such great teen drama!
- i think that''s probably the definitive 90210 episode.
- I hate you both. Never speak to me again!
- I liked the summer beach episodes.
- One of the most amusing episodes was when Brenda came back from Paris and was smoking cigarettes. Everyone lectured her about the dangers of smoking until she eventually quit.\
Found it so amusing since virtually the entire cast were smokers in real life.
- Happy 90210 day
- I loved the episode where they stalked Color Me Badd
- Valerie was the best, and Tiffani was so hot playing her.
- Lol at that line R50! Brandon really was the voice of a generation. I think living-outside-of-the-school-zone-Andrea had a lot to do with such maturity.
I just remember Losing My Religion being played when Dylan and Brenda were getting hot and heavy. That was when I definitively knew REM had sold out.
Loved the episode when Brenda dyed her hair and it went badly. Dylan was their to comfort her. As an 18 year old girl I could feel her pain.
- I liked Andrea the most because I looked like I was in my 30's during my high school years, too.
- Ironically, Brenda had better hair than Kelly
- Cindy Walsh walking in on Jackie doing coke in the restroom at the Mother-Daughter Fashion show was the best scene ever!
- The Color Me Badd episode was great, but I think my favorite is one of those summer episodes where they played poker after hours.
I loved the song Emily Valentine sang at the school's Hello Day assembly.
- Great interview, R45!
I never really watched the show (loved Melrose, though) but it makes me want to go back and watch the old show.
After reading it, I admit I have a much lower opinion of Aaron Spelling (the Dalton James incident) and a much higher regard for Doherty.
- Two words. Gil Meyers. Played by Mark Kiely. The fuckin' HOT ginger teacher from seasons 3-4. I would have never been late for class...
- DICK IS DEAD!!!
- I loved seeing Jason Priestley's "third leg" (translation--big cock) stuffed into his fitting Levi's. Ian Ziering had a pretty nice basket too. They always made Ian wear the fayest clothes (buttoned up to HERE paisley shirts, short-shorts and thin half-top tanks, tight Guess jeans...)
- I loved the episode where Emily Valentine slipped Brandon ecstasy. And of the course the tragic episode where they "lost one of their own". But it was only David's friend (whose name I don't remember).
- Scott Scanlin, R69. A total throwaway character.
- R69, yeah, Brandon had some wild girlfriends.
- David's friend's suicide was actually a good episode for the reason that when the school gathered to mourn his death, David had the freak out where he called everyone out for not even knowing the kid and those who did ostracized him. It was somewhat of a change from all of the usual post-death scenes where everyone gathers round, holds hands and sings.
- Let Donna graduate!! Let Donna graduate!!
- It's Donna Martin graduates, R73
- the interview at r45 makes Jason Priestly look like a tool.
- The early years of the show were great. The minute Dylan chose Kelly was when it lost it's luster. I've hated Kelly since!
- I thought Jim Walsh was kind of hot. Definitely a hot daddy.
- Anyone else remember the episode where Jim and Carol go away for a weekend to a resort and they meet another couple who happen to be swingers?
- Jamie Walters as Donna's abusive boyfriend storyline.
- Jamie Walters didn't play the abusive boyfriend did he?
I thought his character got that spin-off "The Heights" that lasted like 6 episodes.
- I was in high school when 90210 was popular and we used to joke that we had teachers who were younger than some of the cast members playing high school students, like Luke Perry and Gabriel Catheteris or whatever the fuck her name was.
I thought Jason Priestly was the cutest thing I had ever seen back then. He fueled many teenage jack-off fantasies for a whole generation of gaylings.
- So who are we guessing for the actor who beat Tori? I vaguely recall the guy - they used to hang out with Shannon Doherty and go on double dates. It was right at the beginning of the series when they were hugely popular.
- [quote]So who are we guessing for the actor who beat Tori?
No guessing needed - it was Nick Savalas.
- It was Telly Savalas.
- Sorry, Nick Savalas. Telly's son.
- I feel like you were either a Team Brandon person or Team Dylan. You couldn't like both.
I was Team Dylan all the way. I totally fell for that faux bad boy, James Dean thing he had going on back then. Of course I was 12 at the time and didn't know any better. I look back now and see that Luke Perry looked like a shriveled up old prune, even back in 1990.
- They act like Shannen knew Nick was abusive. Poor princess Tori. I think they found everything they could to hate Shannen while Princess Tori and Princess Jennie were the queens. Aaron couldn't do a thing when Tori started whoring around. Didn't she sleep with Brian or one of her other co-stars?
- Yes, she and Brian hooked up. Shannen mentioned it on Watch What Happens last night. She said Jennie and Luke hooked up as well. I'm pretty sure Shannen and Jason did at one point as well.
- Really, R88? Life imitating art I guess. Same with Tori getting abused. I never heard about that before. Did this happen before or after Donna's abuse storyline?
- It would had to have been before since the Ray character wasn't introduced until after Shannen was already gone.
- Jamie Walters was the abusive boyfriend. The Heights was not a 90210 spin-off. In fact, he did 90210 AFTER The Heights.
- The writer in the interview in r45's link said playing Ray Pruitt - a beater - essentially killed Jamie Walter's career. At least they paid out Jamie's whole contract after they fired him.
- Funny how Luke Perry was going to be The Next Big Thing in Hollywood and then he was over and couldn't get arrested as soon as 90210 ended. He was hugely hyped in the early 90s as the next Brando, if you can believe it.
- And now he's running a weed plantation or something in L.A.
- Thanks R83! That was bugging me. I remember him now, total douche.
I thought Shannen got it on with both Luke and Jason?
Saw Luke on stage in When Harry Met Sally. He looked straight at me and made me swoon. Most the audience was made up of Bev Hill fans who sighed when he took his shirt off. He's a weird mix of young and handsome from the eyebrows down, old and wrinkled from the eyebrows up.
- For some reason the episode where they get drunk on watermelon is my favourite. They were pretending to be the people who quit David's video project at the last minute.
- "Gabriel Catheteris"-R81
I agree that Jason Priestley was a hot piece of ass back then.
- Tiffani knew how to make an entrance.
- This is profoundly hilarious:
- Tiffani looks the best of the women.
- Did anyone else think Jim Walsh was a hot daddy?
- [quote] Did anyone else think Jim Walsh was a hot daddy?
Yes. I had hots for him back then. A few years ago he was in an indie where, in one scene, he fucks himself with a dildo.
- Remember when I was on the show?! My character, Donna, was like totally awesome.
- Tori, the only actor that was worse than you was your brother.
- I liked David and Val together.
- Val vs Kelly
- I hate that Dylan and Kelly ended up together.
- Brenda losing her religion and fantasizing about killing Kelly and Dylan.
- Hilarious hate-sex scene with Dylan and Vanessa Marcil's character:
- Shannen, Jennie, and shirtless Ian.
- The Kelly joins a cult story arc really struck a nerve with me while I was in Scientology.
When I was 19, I was a hardcore Scientologist, I had disconnected from my mother, and I eventually made a suicide attempt.
A few weeks later, I was watching 90210 reruns on FX, and I saw the Kelly joins a cult story arc. Kelly disconnected from Brandon and Dylan, who then found a former cult member who had attempted suicide.
I thought, "No, that's not what's happening to me!"
- I remember being in 10th grade and the internet was new and I read online on some spoiler website that Kelly would not indeed marry Brandon despite the fact that were leading up to it. I told my whole homeroom class and no one believed me. I was right.
Remember the girl who stalked Kelly and got her same hair cut? I feel like she went on to other things, but can't remember her name.
- Remember the Internet spoilers about me getting menopause? Then my vag turned to dust in Season 3.
Andrea, barren as the Mojave desert
- R112 - I remember that. They ripped off SWF.
- I'm watching season 6. Ray and Donna were such a doomed couple. Val's friend Ginger was a riot and was so hot for Brandon. The house falling through escrow was badly written. Val seems to be gaining weight.
- Like Melrose Place, the first three seasons were the best.
Watching season 1 right now. Some favorite episodes - Brandon loses his virginity, Kelly's drunk mom, Brenda and Dylan get together, date rape, Brandon and Brenda throw a party when the rents are away, the slumber party, palm springs weekend, the spring dance, and the season ender with them possibly moving back to Minnesota
- The first season sucked. It got better in the second. I liked the early Val seasons (5-7) more than the Brenda years.
As several have mentioned the "RAVE" and fire episodes will always be classic. Kelly becoming a coke addict who can't function in a span of a week is another favorite of mine.
- On first run, I hated Claire. Upon subsequent viewings, she does not bug me.
- It was the only thing Tori Spelling was good in because she was just playing herself - a spoiled rich girl.
- Tori has done well with her books.
- While it was a genius move to air new episodes during the summer, the first summer episodes were boring as hell. The second season's summer episodes when Kelly got her ho back were much better. Plus I love that scene where Brandon is jealous of Ondrea's new boyfriend and she tells him off.
- Both 90210 and MP had 30 plus episodes for most of their seasons, which is unusual.
- It's remarkable that Kathleen Robertson became something of a sex symbol and reasonably good actress given her performance on 90210.
- I was a huge fan when it aired. I never missed an episode. My favortie season though is the summer when Brenda went to Paris and Kelly & Dylan got together. I loved them as a couple. I always wished that Brenda would've stayed in Paris for good. lol I bought that season on DVD and to this day when I re-watch it, I think Kelly & Dylan were the hottest couple on there.
- R126 - Most of the time, Kelly bored me.
- R125 ugh Claire!!! With all characters the producers got rid of so quickly it baffles me why they kept her around for so long. I don't know anyone who liked her.
- Claire was an odd choice.
- I thought Noah and Brandon were the most fuckable. I actually think Luke Perry and Brian Austin Green look much better now. Ps, valerie Malone was Tiffani Thiessens best role.
- I WANTED Gil Meyers
- I enjoy Tiffani on White Collar, but I think you are right about Val being her best role R130
- R130/32 I know it's not saying much, but I think she was the best actor in the show.
- Shannen was good too.
- [quote] Remember the girl who stalked Kelly and got her same hair cut? I feel like she went on to other things, but can't remember her name.
Wasn't it the same girl who was in the fire with Kelly and she had been severely burned. I remember that actress being on the other shows too, but I can't remember her name.
- Was Gina any good? I stopped watching that show at that point, but I know she was supposed to be the "bitch" after Valerie left.
- I had to look up Gina. Didn't remember her either.
- R135 I think she guested on Frasier a couple of times. I don't know know her name but I could obviously figure it out thru a couple cross references. She looked like a fat Debra Winger.
R136 I never watched General Hospital but just based on what she did on this show Vanessa Marcil was a horrible actress.
- The one who did a SWF on Kelly was Tara, played by Paige Moss
- How was Lindsay Price in it?
- Lindsay Price played a good girl from what I remember. Her character was basically supporting character for Steve.
- Thanks R141, How did her character become part of the show?
- Val's introduction
- Val was a total HOOkER! I mean that as a compliment!
- R144 -Val was a player.
- Tiffani's boob job was done very well.
- Did she ever admit to a boob job? She had also gained weight and some women have a second puberty of sorts in their 20s when the boobs expand.
- Does anyone remeber me?
- Too bad Tori didn't get Showgirls instead of that bitch Elizabeth Berkley.
- [quote]Did she ever admit to a boob job? She had also gained weight and some women have a second puberty of sorts in their 20s when the boobs expand.
No, she never admitted to it (even denying it on Howard Stern, I believe), but it's quite apparent when you see her on Saved By The Bell: The College Years where she was flat-chested, and then a year later when they made the Zach and Kelly get married SBTB TV movie, her boobs were noticeably bigger.
- R150 Someone probably told her that if she was going to be "overweight" she might as well be busty.
- Weight gain also goes to boobs.
- Val was probably the best character they've ever had on the show. Kathleen Robertson has been doing some really good work lately but Clare Arnold was such a snoozefest most of the time.
- R153 - ITA.
Claire and Steve were an interesting pairing, but she was a snoozefest most of the time.
- I love all the losers Donna dated between her relationships with David. Especially Ray Pruitt! And I love how on the new 90210 the talk about David and Donna being divorced because he was a ho.
- R156 - ray was a real loser.
- R153 well I think TAT was the best actress. Even with all the backstabbing and bitching she was able to make her sympathetic and likeable. It certainly wasn't creditable to the writing.
And unlike most of the cast, she knew how to say a line without it sounding like she was reciting it.
Claire always just grossed me out. Especially in the beginning, but even later...I just though she was annoying and the fact at you could see up her nostrils didn't help. With all the actors that came and went I have no idea why they kept her on for so long - everyone I know couldn't stand her.
- R157 - Have you seen any of Kathleen Robertson's recent work? She's come a long way from Claire.
- R158 no and I've heard the same thing, so I won't judge on that. She was on Boss but I watched only a few episodes.
I've also seen her (never went up to her) at a couple of LA fashion/media type parties and she gives off a pretty chill easy going vibe.
But I stand by that as Claire she was insufferable. :)
- David and Val getting it on
- R150 - Tiff was not flat in the college years.
- Loved when Brenda told Emily Valentine (the new girl in school who was dating both Brandon and Dylan), "Have fun at the gynecologist!" Meow!!
- I loved when they made me the star of the show- oh wait wrong version.
- R163 - very much the wrong version.
- Val was one of my favorite characters. I remember when Tiffani-Amber Thiessen joined, FOX heavily promoted it. I loved the ending of her first episode, when it became revealed that she was going to bring trouble.
- What did Val do at the end of the first episode? I don't remember. Smoke a joint?
- "There's no more pie left I ate it. Are we supposed to shake hands or something?" - Val to Kelly
- They're re-running it in the UK right now, daily episodes. Tuned in at random one day and it was the episode where Andrea has to move in with her grandmother after Brendan accidentally outs her as not living in the school district. Guess it's from season 1 or 2?
- [quote]Tiff was not flat in the college years.
Yes, she was.
- R169 - season 1 I think, possibly 2.
- Creepy incestuous promo picture of the Walsh twins
- ^^ that photo would have been better if it was Brendan and Jim Walsh.
- R172 - Shannen looks spooked.
- Val versus Kelly
- Am I the only one who had hots for Jim Walsh? As a teenager, watching the show, I would always secretly hope that they would show us his furry chest.
- Yes, James Eckhouse was attractive. He also wasn't old enough in real life to be Jason Priestley's father.
- He was born in 1955. Jason was born in 1969. Shannen in 1971.
- He would have been a 14 year-old father.
- Old bitches
- R181 - yawn
- Why is R181 yawning to themself? And James Eckhouse WAS hot.
- I was yawning about R180 but had the numbers wrong.
- Scene from the finale!
- Jennie Garth today looks like her show mom then.