- Is that a real diagnoses?
- ''Pank me, Mommy! ''Pank me hawder!
It had to be said
- Is Haven the melodramatic lesbian daughter?
- Don''t go chasin'' waterfalls, Haven.
- When I was a kid I thought the lyric was, "Don''t go, Jason Waterfalls." That she was trying to keep some dreamy boy named Jason Waterfalls.
- [quote] Do they really think a thief is going to steal a credit card and then make a charitable donation to save babies?!
- Lisa''s life in a Tweet:\
[quote]I''m feeling surprisingly rested and excited to be speaking at the 3 morning services of Vantage Point Church. Then In-N-Out burger!
- Are there opthamologists at Walmart?\
Can you get minor surgeries done there as well?
- [quote]Can you get minor surgeries done there as well?%0D\
From what I can tell, that''s where my daughter became my son.
- Why do I have no trouble believing that "TLC and drops" is what is actually written on a prescription gotten at Wal-mart?
- I heart the LWT and R2.
- The Lisa Whelchel Troll is delicious. I want to know what has happened to her son and her brother.
- God, this is a great thread already. Gems at almost every turn.%0D\
Also, this just hit me. There''s a girl I knew from my hometown who is now married and lives in Brooklyn. She has TOTALLY become Lisa Whelchel. Her Facebook posts always sound like they should end with a goofy sitcom sound.
- [quote] Beautiful night in NC. Big, fluffy snowflakes falling. Sanctuary full of decorated tables. And 100''s of Christmas sweaters. Tis the season!
- [quote]Clancy texted me, "Momma, when''s the last time you saw me this insanely happy?" My reply, "In the womb?" Pretty much.
- The son has a GF[quote]My heart was filled by being w/my amazng son. He''s so funny and smart and unique and real. And wise enough to choose Cayla for a girlfriend!
- She probably picked up a few bottles of hot sauce while she was there
The better to torture with my darling children!
- Oh my:\
"Then again, she is a beautiful chocolate poodle...perhaps, "Tootie" would be more appropriate. :-)"
- [quote] The son has a GF\
He''s had one for awhile..she''s visited the Cauble compound with Tucker previously.
- [quote]He''s had one for awhile..she''s visited the Cauble compound with Tucker previously.\
Oh dear. They''re not SINNING, are they?
- [quote] Haven is getting her breasts done tomorrow. I asked her not to go all crazy with it, but it sounds like she''ll get double Ds.
Dec 5th via Tweetdeck
- Speaking of Lisa''s penchant for hot sauce, did she and this woman go to the same parenting school?
- You take the good, you take the bad, Haven.
- There''s a thread on that lady already R22. All the fundies are into hot saucing. Aren''t they so clever and creative?
- [quote] All dressed up and ready to celebrate our friend, @sheilawalsh...oh, and also dinner w/President Bush. nbd :-)
- hot sauce
- [quote] I''m attending Church on the Couch today. I haven''t moved from this spot in 6 hours. Reading, thinking & praying. I may stay here all day.
- I just finished my Christmas cards! Nancy, Kim and Charlotte are on my list, but not Mindy because her people killed Jesus and that''s why her people all go to hell when they die.%0D\
Yours in Christ,%0D\
- Lisa, will you send a card to your former co-stars who are gay? Not that I am, of course, I was just curious about your stance on the issue.
- Wouldn''t you live to have a private conversation with Charlotte Rae and hear her speak frankly about what she really thinks of Lisa?
- Sorry, meant "love to have a private conversation with Charlotte Rae..." Didn''t mean to give the impression that I am only clinging on to life in the hope of one day speaking with Charlotte Rae.
- Are you very tall R30/31? If so, Charlotte would probably come up to your kneecaps..she''s tiny short.
- Why is this woman [italic]fascinating[/italic]?
- [quote]Didn''t mean to give the impression that I am only clinging on to life in the hope of one day speaking with Charlotte Rae.%0D\
Well you ain''t all that eithuh, bitch, so whatevs.
- Oh please, Lisa. "Run in with a wave on the jet ski"? We all know what really happened. You got a little carried away with the extension cord again.
- [quote] Throwing an epic Christmas party tonight. With epic games. And epic cookies. The house is an epic mess. (My kids taught me a new word.:-)
- [quote] Loyal, faithful, truth & grace describe @PriscillaShirer as a friend. Plus, she gave me a luxury Snuggie for Xmas!
- Oh Lord, please guide me...sbould I follow Lisa on Twitter, or just enjoy the re-postings by the Lisa Whelchel troll?
- Haven threw an epic party last night. Her epic boyfriend did some epic blow off of her new epic tits.
Drrrty Lisa Whelchel
- If a tree falls in the forest but you don''t hear about it on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or MySpace, did it really happen? %0D\
6:00 PM Dec 12th via Birdhouse %0D
- Is Lisa still feuding with her co-author, Stormy O''Somethingorother?%0D\
We need a new pic of Tucker!
- Last night, Tucker took an epic 10-inch dick up his epically tight virgin hole. Now he''s hooked.%0D\
Cayla should now consider herself epically dumped.
- [quote] True story: I ate a bacon cupcake for breakfast. So important to start your day out with a healthy breakfast with protein.
- [quote] I''m in L. A. celebrating Jesus'' birthday w/my family. Today is my brother''s 27th birthday. He''s so worth celebrating!
- Lisa Whelchel is delicious and wonderful. She brings me joy through the bizarre alternate realm that she inhabits.
- Are r44 and r45 real? lol
- Yes R47, they''re real
- [quote] Playing Dance Central on XBox Kinect. So far, I''m the reigning champion. Forget being on "Survivor," "Dancing With The Stars" watch out!
- [quote] Spent the last glorious 14 days w/my Sunshine Boy home from college. The house feels so empty this morning..I can hear my heart missing him.
- Her brother, Casey/Justice, is hot.
- So how is Haven faring? I''m surprised Lisa took her to Walmart and not some faith healer.
- Tucker and his girlfriend.\
They seem cool.
- Lisa''s hot brother.
- [quote] I am a "complete victim of grace." (Richard Rohr) I love this!. Thankfully, sometimes even against my will, God overtakes me with His love.
- [quote] If laughter burned calories I could afford 2 eat a box of chocolates 2night. Played "BabbleOn" w/my daughters & @mariahmcmanus. So much fun!
- [quote] Clancy brought home a baggie of homemade peanut butter cookies. They tasted terrible! This morning I found out they were dog biscuits.
- Her Dancing with the Stars post make me wonder why she hasn''t tried any of those shows. The born agains would love her ass!
- [quote] Her Dancing with the Stars post make me wonder why she hasn''t tried any of those shows. \
Someone would have to ask her first.
- Any tweets about her upcoming appearance with the gals at the 2011 TV Land Awards? Lisa, Mindy, Kim, Charlotte, and Nancy (!) will be onstage to accept a junky award signifying nothing--but it will be televised! Lisa! Back on national TV! Pass the Mallomars!%0D\
Show tapes 4/10, airs 4/17
- [quote] Leaving Billings after an "Over The Top" WomenOfFaith event. I already miss my Porch Pals. But going to NYC to see my "FactsOfLife" friends!\
[quote] Uh oh. Arrived at hotel in NYC to a crowd of cameras & Sharpies. And I had no makeup on! I am so out of celebrity practice.
- [quote]Another dr.visit with Hayden this pm. This will be her 3rd abortion in the last 12 mos. Kids today!
April 10 from Tweetdeck
- On Tuesday, the cast will appear on GMA
- Lisa Whelchel is a blessing to Datalounge. Praise the Lord!
- [quote] Hall & Oates are doing a sound check and singing, "You''re a Rich Girl." I miss the 80''s! NOW, they''re singing "You Make My Dreams Come True!
- [quote] Went garage sale-ing with @fancyclancy. Note to self: Wear baseball cap and Groucho Marx glasses. Sellers don''t bargain with "Blair Warner."
- [quote] I think I''m addicted to Groupon. Is there Group(on) Therapy for this? I''m willing to admit I''m powerless.
- Why give this woman attention? She''s a straight religious woman (her right) But don''t giver her any attention.
- R69? there are plenty of other threads that you can click on if you don''t care about Lisa Whelchel.\
She is a DL icon and has been for some time. You are obviously new around here.
- Not new, just not crazy and obsessed
- [quote]So, my girls met tons of stars at the TV Land Awards but they were most excited meeting @KingGayle at the airport!\
Yup. At least one of them is a dyke.
- [quote] I am at "Snooze" Restaurant after a fabulous morning with the women of First Church Denver. Now I''m carbo-loading for tomorrow''s services.
- [quote] I just ordered 4 pancakes: Red Velvet, Sweet Potato, Pineapple Upside Down & Blueberry Lemon Bar. Plus Peanut Butter & Bacon French Toast!
- Pictures of the carbfest!
- Has Denise commented yet?
- [quote]I just read a text Clancy sent saying he''s looking for a bossy bottom. What does that mean? #bossybottom
2 hours ago from tweetdeck
- ''pank me, Mommy! ''pank me!
Because it can''t be posted enough
- [quote] What a blessings filled week! Bin Laden was shot AND Haven found out she will be a cabin leader at YouthCamp this summer!
- R80, please tell me that''s not real. Not very Christian, I must say.
Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord!
- Looks like Lisa and Steve went to see Tangled tonight:%0D\
[quote]Steve & I are at an avant-garde theater to watch an artsy-fartsy film. Which means it will be, either, really boring or just semi-boring.%0D
- What gay themed movie did Steve drag her to?
- What avant-garde movie theatres are in Englewood, CO, since that''s where she is this weekend.
- Oops..actually she''s in Denver, not Englewood, CO.
- [quote]Ok, I was so wrong. Not boring at all. Phenomenal. I want everyone to see it. "I Am" by Tom Shadyac. Great film-making. Urgent message.
- You nuts are the new soaps fans. What obsessed losers. Lisa Welchel? REALLY?
- New around here, r88?
- Turns out she saw the documentary [italic]I Am[/italic] and loved it. Damned Lisa, zigging when we think she''s zagging.
- Hold on, Lisa, for God''s sake, HOLD! ON!!!
- Is Lisa the Anita Bryant of 2011?
- I didn''t know who she was until I started reading this thread. So glad I did...
- [quote] "Clancy, you need to get your tires rotated." Her response, "My tires rotate when I drive!" (Apparently, she got a little of Blair''s DNA.)
- R5, I laughed when I read your Jason Waterfalls post. When I heard the song for the first time I thought that TLC were advising the young man to "listen to the rivers and they''ll listen to you too".
- [quote]Steve & I are at an avant-garde theater to watch an artsy-fartsy film.\
Language, Lisa! Not very Christlike!
- [quote] Haven is worried about the radiation from Japan. We agreed to keep praying to our Father to shield us in Texas
- [quote] Packing up to leave for Africa. So looking forward to ministering with @jennrothschild at "Beauty for Ashes" & then I''m going on Safari!!
- [quote] Eating an In-N-Out Burger. Don''t hate.
- But fuck those Shinto loving Japs, right Lisa?
- [quote]Took Clancy to the dermatologist today and he started asking about anal bleaching. Kids today!
5 hours ago from Twatdeck
- Clancy looks just like Blair, except for the nose ring. Tucker looks, oh what''s the word... homely.
- [quote] I left America on Tuesday night & arrived in S. Africa on Thursday morning. I completely lost Wednesday. I hope nothing important happened.
- I can''t believe "Blair" has adult children.
Feel so old
- I wonder if Lisa thinks she''ll be Raptured on Saturday.
Fab Five Freddie
- [quote] Rich, fun, full day. Flea market. (Bought lots of souvenirs.) Apartheid Museum. (There are no words.) Pizza dinner (Delicious conviviality.)
- [quote] Tomorrow I leave for Safari. Don''t know if I''ll have wifi. If you don''t hear from me it doesn''t necessarily mean I''ve been eaten by a lion.
- One of her daughters looks dykey. I can''t remember which one it is.
- I thought they recently had to file for bankruptcy; how is she able to afford to go on a damn safari?
- [quote] Brought 2 tears this morning by the care of a friend. To me, she was Jesus washing my feet, only she was making me coffee, fresh oj &omelet.
- [quote] Our house received so much damage from the storm last night, the local news interviewed my son, @TuckerCauble.
- [quote] My babiest of baby birds just flew away to live in her own nest. The empty nest thing is for the birds!!
- [quote] Feeling very alone in my empty nest. You''d think I was one of the plagues the way Steve avoids me. I''m sure he (and the Lord) have good reason for it.
- [quote] Dressed up like a cow for a free meal at Chik-Fil-A yesterday. Yes I have no shame, people!
- Creepy R114
- R109 There''s a picture of the family at the link.
- R117 Sorry wrong thread. LOL. I suddenly thought I was in another Michele Bachmann thread.
- Well, we''ve speculated that Steve Cauble is a deeply closeted homosexual. So R114''s post is really not much of a surprise. I wonder if Lisa will go into a depression and do some real soul searching about her life and the state of her marriage. She was virtually coerced into getting married by her husband and her then minister when she has plainly written that she didn''t love him and had no feelings for him. They did the "you''ll learn to love him" BS on her.
- I''ll help-
- The sad story of Lisa Whelchel''s arranged marriage.
- [quote]I know this will probably offend some people but I just spent the day in Paris and I''m not a huge fan. So far, kinda stinky & dirty. :-(%0D\
- she always hates her vacations and complains abut everything.
- Chili and Sea Bass
- She arrived in the City of Light and immediately stepped in some dog poo.\
It happens to all of us...\
(Didn''t TFOL go to Paris in ''83?)
- Inside Connection: Steve Cauble\
God, her husband...come on. Poor Lisa. She''s reached Starr Jones'' level of denial.
- R126 OMG. That man is gay, gay, gay. So very gay. He''s gayer than Ikea on Superbowl Sunday! He''s gayer than a pink miata parked in front of Ikea on Superbowl Sunday. He couldn''t be any gayer than if he had pearls falling out of his mouth as he talked, stepping out of his pink miata in front of Ikea on Superbowl Sunday.
so incredibly gay. has she NO idea????%0D\
- He makes Marcus Bachmann seem straight!
- I''d only seen pictures of him before, but that video, WOW!, just wow! Everything about him screams GAY!!!%0D\
I actually feel bad for Lisa she was coerced into this marriage my Gayey McGayerson and their pastor. (see link at R121)%0D\
And I think Lisa really is in denial based on this tweet of hers:%0D\
[quote]Feeling very alone in my empty nest. You''d think I was one of the plagues the way Steve avoids me. I''m sure he (and the Lord) have good reason for it.%0D\
Yes, Lisa there''s a very good reason for it. I wonder if anyone has ever gently suggested to her that Stephen just isn''t into her.
- ...plus he was so suspicious when he first asked: "what is this (filming) for?" ...he;s obviously avoided being captured on tape as much as possible.
- Who is his boyfriend?
- should read BY Gayey McGayerson and their pastor. (see link at [R121])%0D
- the way he says "misssssled" is jaw-dropping.
- >I mentioned that Steve and I had been spending a lot of time together and said that because he was so %E2%80%9Csafe,%E2%80%9D he was the logical person to escort me to functions when my minstrel was out of town. I watched my music man from across the table as he struggled to place the name with a face, %E2%80%9CSteve, Steve.%E2%80%A6 Oh yeah, the church organist! I don%E2%80%99t have to worry about him.%E2%80%9D
Now everyone know why but Lisa
- I''ll never get over that name: Stormie Omartian
- r126, I have tried for a very long time to find video of him so confirm what I suspected. I think he''s aware that he can''t ''pass'' to everyone, and he IS married to "Christian Royalty" and so has carefully avoided being taped. %0D\
Kudos to you for posting. How did you find it??
- I feel like it is our duty to Tweet her and let her know that while her hubby is fooling her, he ain''t fooling the world. %0D\
Lisa, we got a Bachmann situation here. You may want to rethink the gay thing.
- Unlike some of these kinds of situations (the Bachmanns, for example) I actually, genuinely feel bad for Lisa.%0D\
They raised three pretty great-seeming kids. She''s been married to him for at least 20 years. %0D\
This would turn her world upside down.%0D\
- Yet, at the same time she made some remarks about homosexuality that she then backtracked when she realized she pissed off some fans. %0D\
- You don''t know that.%0D\
He could just be a very feminine acting straight man. There are those types in the world. %0D\
And why hurt her like that? She hasn''t spoken out against gay rights or gone out of her way to hurt people. Leave her alone.
- What did she say?%0D\
And how can she not know that he is GAAAAY!!
- Ehh, Lisa''s alright. Amusing, well-meaning, bland, but there''s none of the spiky hatred that Michele Bachmann, for instance, brings to the conversation. I would leave her and her gay husband alone. Sometimes unusual situations work for people.
- r142, please.%0D\
I don''t -- and won''t -- want to tell her (it probably wouldn''t be the first time someone said anything), but he is absolutely gay. Church organst? Music director? OCD? That voice? Those facial expressions?%0D\
I agree, no one should "tell her" but get real.
- more background:%0D
Over the next two years, Steve and I began to spend a lot of time together, and we became good friends. (Interpretation: I was not at all attracted to him.) Every so often, he would take me out for %E2%80%9Cthe talk%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94the one where, because of his integrity and desire not to take advantage of his position as a pastor, he would confess that he was feeling more for me than friendship. I would assure him that although I thought he was a really nice guy (girls, you know what I mean), I was not feeling those same stirrings. We would then resolve to continue going out as friends as long as it didn%E2%80%99t get too uncomfortable for either of us. %0D
I had a plumb deal. I had someone to go to dinner and the movies with, and my boyfriend wasn%E2%80%99t jealous. Oops, did I forget to mention that I had a boyfriend? I%E2%80%99d better fill you in. I had been dating a contemporary Christian singer/musician who was on the road a lot. One weekend when he was home, we were out on a date, and I felt I had to tell him about my relationship with Steve, just to keep everything up front and%E2%80%94even though he wasn%E2%80%99t the Jewish guy%E2%80%94kosher. I mentioned that Steve and I had been spending a lot of time together and said that because he was so %E2%80%9Csafe,%E2%80%9D he was the logical person to escort me to functions when my minstrel was out of town. I watched my music man from across the table as he struggled to place the name with a face, %E2%80%9CSteve, Steve.%E2%80%A6 Oh yeah, the church organist! I don%E2%80%99t have to worry about him.%E2%80%9D %0D
So now I had all my little ducks in a row. Well, actually, I was not so sure about one little duckie%E2%80%94Steve%E2%80%99s feelings. He was so sweet; I just couldn%E2%80%99t bear the thought of his feelings getting hurt because of unrequited love. This time I initiated %E2%80%9Cthe talk.%E2%80%9D As gingerly as possible, I suggested that we not spend as much time together. I encouraged him not to take it personally; after all, I was planning to break up with my boyfriend as well. %0D
I explained that I was going through a personal revival with the Lord. I was even considering joining YWAM (Youth with a Mission) on a mission trip for a year after the last taping of The Facts of Life. I told him that it would be best if I just concentrated on my relationship with God for a while. There. I had said it. %0D
I relaxed back in my chair at the same time Steve leaned forward in his. He looked me straight in the eye and declared, %E2%80%9CLisa, I could be good for you.%E2%80%9D %0D
Where did that come from? Talk about out of the blue. Who had sneaked into the restaurant, kidnapped %E2%80%9CMr. Milquetoast,%E2%80%9D and replaced him with %E2%80%9CMr. Big%E2%80%9D? I was speechless, which is saying a lot. (Actually, it%E2%80%99s not really saying anything, is it? Oh, never mind.) I didn%E2%80%99t know how to reply, especially since there was something incredibly attractive about what Steve had just done. I decided that it was best not to respond at all, so we ordered dessert and pretended that the entire conversation hadn%E2%80%99t happened. %0D
Many weeks passed, Steve and I as friend-ly as ever, while I continued to wholeheartedly pursue my relationship with God. I registered for a seminar at our church conducted by a visiting evangelist. The last session was to be an anointing service. There were hundreds of people in attendance, and she was praying for them one at a time, so the rest of us sat waiting quietly on the Lord in worship. %0D
I had my hands lifted to the Lord as a gesture of praise when I felt the sensation of a gentle weight descend upon me. I recognized this feeling as the presence of the Holy Spirit. And because this kind of thing doesn%E2%80%99t happen every day, or even every year, I knew enough to pay attention. As I waited expectantly, the thought popped into my head, Would you ever consider marrying Steve Cauble? I knew this was God talking because it was the last thing I would have ever thought to think on my own. My knee-jerk response was: No. Are you kidding? %0D
I shrugged the Holy Spirit off my shoulders and got back to the business of worship. But the thought would not go away. So I purposed to ponder it in my heart, but I certainly was never going to tell Steve about it. %0D
The next day Steve was leaving town for a week, so after the seminar I visited Steve at his house. We chatted as he packed; then it was time for me to head home. Just as I turned to leave, he took my hand, led me to sit down on the couch, and looked at me with unusual urgency. %E2%80%9CListen,%E2%80%9D he implored. %E2%80%9CBefore you leave, I have to ask you one question. Would you ever consider marrying me?%E2%80%9D %0D
Wow! This guy doesn%E2%80%99t say much, but when he does%E2%80%A6it%E2%80%99s a doozy. I laughed nervously. %E2%80%9CFunny you should mention that,%E2%80%9D I said. Then I told him what had happened earlier at church, and we agreed that this was probably something we should pray about. Yeah, I know, pretty discerning, huh?
- She made a blog about her opposition to gay marriage and homosexuality being against her beliefs. %0D\
Also, Geri Jewell has gone on record to say the cold shoulder she received from Miss Lisa after coming out, etc. %0D\
It''s quite humorous that her husband is the nelliest thing since the miata came out. Even if he isn''t gay, you''d think the fact that he looks/sounds/talks gay would make her show some compassion.
- Link to blog please, r147. Lisa''s life is an open book. I have no doubt that she feels homosexuality is "wrong in God''s eyes" but she strikes me as the kind of person who would pray with all her might for her gay friends'' "salvation".
- In her accounting of their ''courtship'' he sounds desperate and clingy.
Could My Teen Be Gay?%0D
We're worried about his disinterest in dating.%0D
My 16-year-old son's more interested in the arts than in athletics, seems to have no interest in girls, and doesn't have many male friends at school or church. With all the publicity about homosexuality today, we can't help but worry our son could be gay. What should we do?%0D
You just described my husband, Steve, as a 16-year-old. He was First Chair in band, never dated, and spent more time working and studying than hanging out with the guys. Today we have a healthy 16-year marriage and three wonderful children. So just because your son doesn't resemble the stereotypical high-school boy doesn't mean he's gay.%0D
Two common threads exist among those who struggle with homosexual tendencies. First, does your son exhibit any signs of childhood molestation or incest? If you suspect this is the case, seek help from a local Christian counselor.%0D
Then look at the father/son (and for girls, the mother/daughter) relationship. Does your son feel accepted by his father? Is your husband a jock who rejects or even ridicules your son's interest in the arts? Perhaps your son's father isn't even in the picture, either by divorce, absence, death, or passivity.%0D
The father holds the key to affirming a boy's manhood. Without that blessing, a gaping hole is left in a young man's life. Fortunately, a healing substitute often can be found in a strong father figure. If not, some young men attempt to "cannibalize" other men through homosexual actions to fill that void.%0D
I know from personal friendships it's possible for someone who struggles with homosexual temptation or who has embraced that lifestyle to find freedom and strength to change. The answer is first found in receiving redemption through Jesus Christ. From there I recommend logging onto www.exodus-international.org or www.lovewonout.com for further information and direction.%0D
- [quote]My 16-year-old son''s more interested in the arts than in athletics, seems to have no interest in girls, and doesn''t have many male friends at school or church. With all the publicity about homosexuality today, we can''t help but worry our son could be gay. What should we do?\
[quote]You just described my husband, Steve, as a 16-year-old\
So in a word - yes, your son is gay.
- Who is this bitch?
- oh dear.\
she referred them to exodus and lovewonout.\
- "If not, some young men attempt to "cannibalize" other men through homosexual actions to fill that void."
- R154 Whoever this bitch is, she''s stupid as hell.
- Oh Lisa, no! No! I recommend some time in the prayer closet to reflect on how damaging organizations such as Exodus are to struggling gay youths.%0D\
Wow. As a longtime fan, I always thought Lisa''s faith was kind of cute and relatively harmless. Now I see she''s as bad as the rest of them.
- Lisa has always pinged to high heaven as a repressed lesbian, so this all works out quite nicely for them both.
- Oh she has not. There''s no ping there whatsoever.
- The Blair Necessities, for those who never read it or are unfamiliar with the writings and life of Miss Whelchel:
- Ugh, I feel like a fool for saying that she''s on the milder side of wacky. I can''t believe she refers people to Exodus. Let''s trash the bitch.
- Do you think the guy behind the camera is teasing Steve when he says, "Those files are so straight"?
- IMO the guy behind the camera has gay voice too.
- Many men in church leadership positions have gayvoice, let''s face it.%0D\
- [quote] Soooo glad to be home. Been up for 24 hours. Spent the last 3 hours catching up w/my girls. They delight my heart in a million ways. :-)
- "And while you walk with Jesus, hot sauce your brats (my parents used hershey''s), tweet your twat off and continue a sham marriage to a big fat queen, my besties are Brad, Angie and Mad. And I get Passover too! Who wins, Whelchel? Not you, boobie!"
- Even if her husband''s naturally gay, I believe he''s chosen to live a straight lifestyle. It appears from an early age he pursued her; there are religious gay people who have chosen to enter into straight relationships, and while they aren''t fulfilled the way they would be if they followed their hearts (and their dicks), they do love their spouses and are committed to them. Their spiritual fears are more important to them than their physical desires.
- thanks for your insight, Polly Prisspants.\
All of what you say *might* be true, but for those very same people to rail against gay marriage and vote against same is incredibly hypocritical nontheless.
- By the way, this is an example of an "ex-gay". Their desires don''t change, but they go against those desires to have a "normal" lifestyle. (of course, they would claim their desires have changed).
- Lisa has complained many times that Steve ignores her. So while he may be committed to her, he obviously doesn''t want to be in the same room with her for longer than absolutely necessary. Sad.
- I totally agree, R168. I wasn''t saying it was a good thing. No need for name-calling. Why so angry, sweetie?
- Obviously, Lisa knows there is something wrong with the guy and obviously, she doesn''t have any qualms about sharing this. She considers it part of God''s plan, though, when her marriage is just a construct of compromise and hope in The Next World.\
He pursued her because she was the star of a popular sit-com. The church people facilitated the chase.
- AND because he knew he was gay and wanted her to "save" him.
- Hence, LWC is a fag-hag.
There, I said it
- [quote] It appears from an early age he pursued her; %0D\
No. Steve is about 14 years older than Lisa, so he was already into his thirties when he began to pursue her. By that point, I''m sure there was a lot of whispering amongst the congregation about the church organist and youth minister, so much so that it was time to look for a wife. A young, naive impressionable one who would be more easily coerced into a sham marriage.
- Not to mention marrying a "celebrity," which certainly seemed to make Pastor Jack happy.
- [quote]church organist%0D\
Has there ever been a straight church organist? I mean, look at flaming Virgil Fox (RIP), or Frederick Swann. Even Diane Bish lives with her "friend" Susann McDonald.
- Diane Bish!\
PS Susan McDonald is a harpist.\
Clearly R178 went to Indiana University
- What I heard is some fundie church in LA''s San Fernando Valley started an outreach to those in the entertainment industry who, for whatever reason, didn''t feel comfortable worshiping in established churches. Lisa was already Born-Again and joined the outreach, where Steve, apparently, was waiting. The church encouraged this as they didn''t want to lose Lisa to some non-believer, and the rest is history.\
And most of it is the church, it seems, not Steve. He just cooperated for whatever reason.
- I don''t believe for a minute that these "ex-gay" men that get married off to clueless women under fundie auspices give up having sex with men. They just do it on the down low. Who knows, maybe "de-gaying" therapy is like a dating service for down low Christian men.
- [quote] I LOVE @Logos Bible software. It makes digging into the Bible as delicious as eating a carton of Ben&Jerry''s w/a fork.
- [quote]LisaWhelchel Lisa Whelchel %0D\
@PeterMJacobson Hey, Peter, remember me from acting class? Saw you & Fran on Oprah. So happy for you both. Congrats on the new show!%0D\
22 Jun %0D\
Doesn''t she know that Peter Jacobson is gay?
- Yes, she has gay friends from her Facts of Life days, which is why I don''t get her (and her church''s) attitude about gays....
talk about a disconnect
- I remember she disciplined her son for using an anti-gay expletive when he was a child. I don''t think he got hot sauced, but he was at least sent to his room. She''s a mixed bag when it comes to the gays.
- George Clooney
- Uh oh, Lisa, next time you reach for the hot sauce, don''t tweet about it!
- [quote]She then explains to the child that he is going to get in a cold shower for lying about misbehavior at school: wriggling in his seat and sword-fighting with pencils.%0D\
Wriggling it a seat and sword fighting with pencils is an abomination against the Lord!%0D\
Seriously, though, wasn''t it the family dog that got disciplined with hot sauce?
- And apparently MediaTakeOut has run a couple articles about how Kim Fields'' husband may also be gay...\
[italic]July 31, 2007. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that actress Kim Fields (star of The Facts Of Life and Living Single) has just married her longtime boyfriend and the father of her child - Broadway dancer/actor Christopher Morgan. \
You''ll recall that last year MediaTakeOut.com reported that one of Christoper''s former co-workers questioned whether Morgan was heterosexual.\
Coincidentally - or maybe not so coincidentally, the wedding was officiated by former gospel singer Donnie McClurkin. Pastor McClurkin''s ministry specializes in counseling men that homosexuality can be "overcome" through Bible study and intense prayer. While the Pastor has admitted to engaging in homosexual acts, he now claims to be "healed" and is currently living a celibate lifestyle.\
Kim, here''s some words of advice. If you know what''s good for you, you''ll keep your husband away from Pastor McClurkin!!!![/italic]
- "You take the good, you take the bad"\
Oh, Blair, oh Tootie -- it was just a song...
- Here''s what Geri Jewel apparently said about the rumored snub.\
[italic]"That%E2%80%99s a bold face lie, because I have not been in contact with her. She would never snub me." Geri says she came out to the devout Christian years ago and it did not affect their relationship. "She''s been a wonderful friend; loving me unconditionally and we both value honesty. And I love her deeply. She%E2%80%99s always been a good friend," she says.\
"Her faith does not embrace that [homosexuality]. That is fine. Actually, I respect her because she walks her talk. She%E2%80%99s entitled to believe what she wants to believe," Geri says. Geri adds she couldn''t be snubbed, because the two haven''t talked in years, "our lives have gone in different directions. That''s what happens in life."[/italic]
- Geri''s a sweetie
- R191 Geri doesn''t seem to understand that if someone looks down on you (even if not to your face) because of your sexuality, they aren''t a friend.
- Lisa Whelchel Troll, you are losing your touch - HOW could you not have alerted us to this very meaningful tweet? (And really, Lisa - you think this is just one NIGHT?)
"LisaWhelchel Lisa Whelchel
We are celebrating "Denial Night" at our house. We've declared a moratorium on dealing with reality. We can live blissfully in fantasy. Fun.
- I really want to be a contestant on "Survivor." Will you help me by RT to @JeffProbst?
- The producers of Survivor would jump at the chance to put her on the show. She must be joking.
- [quote]Unforgettable night @TheDallasOpera watching Lucia di Lammermoor w/@luciswindoll, who sang in the chorus 50 yrs ago! Wow!
Check out the picture. Looks like Lisa has got herself a lesbian girl gang! At least we know she has a type -- they all look just like hubby Steve.
- if she were a contestant on Survivor it would be ratings GOLD!!! i would totally watch, anyway....
- I would LOVE to see Lisa on a reality/contest show - the spectacle of her acting totally Mean Girl while still trying to cloak it in her "Christian love" message would be fun to watch.
- The women in that picture all look like ex-nuns.
- Our Lisa's become a tippler!!
[quote]At a B. Y. O. B. painting class. Judging from my canvas, I think it should have been a B. Y. O. K. (Keg!) Thank goodness for Abstract Art. 39 minutes ago
- Becoming, R202? No doubt she's been a drinker for some time, ever since Steve stopped touching her.
- Hey everybody! Lisa's got a new book out about friendship and she's doing video interviews from a municipal hall basement.
She stays upbeat, but the overall tone is sad.
- Actually, I just realized this book was published a couple years ago, but the interview is new.
- Here's a review of Lisa's book, found on Amazon.
[quote]Great book. I was a lonely teen and my mother was emotionally distant. My father travelled for weeks on end. As I look back now I think I may have had an unhealthy relationship for NBC sitcoms.
[quote]Certainly no show dominated my thoughts back then more than "Facts of Life." The show just touched me where I lived. I adored the whole cast. I would lay awake at night and dream that I worked in Mrs. Garrett's store and the girls would let me brush their hair. And when they were off at school, I would have the run of the place. Some great memories.
[quote]Lisa was certainly the strongest performer of the cast and the most beautiful. She helped me through so many nights when I felt so alone. I would be doing homework or maybe feeding my rabbit "Joinx" and I felt like her presence was with in the room with me at all times. Helping me, supporting me, guiding my hands.
[quote]I'm still living with Mom. Dad passed away in 1995. And I've tried to move on, but I haven't. I once got into an awful spat with a chatroom friend who tried to tell me that Season 3 was superior to Season 5. As if!
- As if!
- I wonder if the Amazon reviewer knows she's a lesbian.
- If it is true she converted Nancy McKeon and made her straight, I will not be liking Lisa in the future.
- Oh that's sad, R207. But did you add that last paragraph?
- Sorry if this is old news but I couldn't find it posted here yet:
Lisa Whelchel Returns to Acting in a Tyler Perry Movie
Prepare to see more of Lisa Whelchel.
Almost 25 years after The Facts of Life went off the air, Whelchel, 49, has joined the cast of Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas.
But instead of playing a spoiled prep school student, she'll be someone in charge. "I play the role of Nancy Porter, the country school principal," Whelchel tells PEOPLE. "I'm having fun!"
Since The Facts of Life ended, Whelchel has put her career on hold to raise her three children, acting in just two TV movies. (Her last role was a Facts of Life reunion in 2001.)
She returned to the spotlight last fall as a contestant on Survivor: Philippines. At the time, she told PEOPLE that she was exploring new opportunities after her stint on reality TV. "I'd host," she said. "I'd do a sitcom. Really, I've got a lot of opportunities."
After placing second on Survivor – and winning an extra $100,000 as fan favorite – Whelchel signed with Hollywood agency David Shapira and Associates. Her audition for Madea was her first in 33 years; three hours after reading for the part, she was offered the role.
Whelchel tells PEOPLE that she loves working on the film, which started production in Atlanta this week. "Tyler Perry is such a brilliant man," she says. "He's a nice guy, and so funny when he gets in his Madea garb."
But there's more going on in Whelchel's career. Still a massive Survivor fan, she's keeping close to the show that put her back on the map.
After guest hosting several episodes of Jeff Probst's talk show, she agreed to host the TV Guide Survivor special next week. "In my view," she says, "that's equivalent to working on a Spielberg film!"
- Cheerful Lisa
- [quote] Had to make another appt for the Apple Genius Bar. They really shouldn't call it that if they are unwilling to serve alcoholic beverages.
- [quote] My favorite thing in all of Chicago is the revolving toilet seat covers in the airport. #touristattractions
- [quote]Her audition for Madea was her first in 33 years
She hasn't had an audition since 1980? Wow.
- [quote] At DMV to get CA DL. Tell me, do you think it is a prerequisite to eat sour prunes for breakfast to work here? #havealittlemercyplease
- [quote] My favorite quote of the night. "Don't let the praise go to your head and don't let the hate go to your heart."@buckhollywood
- she loves gay buck hollywood.
- I find it hard not to like her now.
Who would have thought she would become a voice of reason in the freeper world.
- [quote] We celebrate all holidays at my ex's house. I got the Kitchenaid mixer in the divorce. We may not have thought this all the way through.
- Blah, blah, blah... Only, who's 'panking' Tucker these days?
- Thanks for the bump.
- It was Haven who was "panked", r222.
- Lisa's embracing her lesbian fans.
[quote]Ate at Seasons 52 restaurant. The waitress had a crush on Blair growing up so she gave us this entire tray of desserts! #hasbeenperks
- Lisa looks really good.
- [quote]Saw a text Tucker sent to his gf about a Cleveland steamer. Why would he sail to Cleveland? #kidstoday
- Any work for her?
- She recently completed filming a Hallmark channel movie, co-starring Antonio Cupo & Kim Fields, to air in July.
- Does she still tweet about her love of Chick-Fil-A? The first time I heard about that place is when she'd blog excitedly about her visits to it years ago.
- R229 - FoL reunion!
- Yep! :-D It makes me inexplicably happy.
A picture from the movie -- so much Déjà vu.
- I really like her hair in that pic.
- Whether or not she still eats there (I am sure she does), I am certain she has gained the ounce of media savvy that shows people not to tout their love of CFA. I don't think she is any less Christian, just way more tolerant and a tiny bit wiser.
Her daughter Clancy is beyond gorgeous, and is in LA with Lisa presumably also wanting act. She graduated a year and a half early from college, I wonder if the deal was getting her education before trying to be an actress. I used to hate her, but I have to acknowledge she has changed since the time she was being shown on the old Blair Necessities blog (Google it).
- No one on DL is talking about hasbeen Xtian warrior Candace Cameron Bure dedicated her dance to God last night? She is going to win the whole thing. She proudly blogs about Chik Fil A is seems like the mean spirited judgmental Xtian Lisa is trying to move away from.
- Blair & Mrs Garrett had lunch today
- Lisa looks terrific in that photo with Charlotte Rae.
- Lisa looks good. Is Charlotte ok?
- [quote]Overheard Tucker's gf tell him she'd give him a Blumpkin tonight, why go there for sandwiches when Subway is just a block away!
- Who is Tucker?
- Tucker is Lisa's son, r240.
I don't think there is anything "wrong" with Charlotte Rae, r238. She's simply old- well into her eighties, I believe.
- I tried to watch "The Facts of Life Go to Australia" but shut it off when the "cop" asks Jo and Blair to help him chase jewel thieves.
- Charlotte's 88.
Lisa's got new representation as of the past few years, and they are doing a good job of picking up the pieces. She wants to work, but she also wants to make money while working without selling out. She's choosing projects carefully and operating well within the reality/celebrity world while not abandoning acting: a real victory for her would be to be someone's pretty, funny mom (like a grownup Blair) on a long-running sitcom. She'd be beloved all over again.
SURVIVOR was the first major salvo in getting her back in the public eye, and she handled it well. Notice how she is being gently refocused--it used to be all "Faith" as her message/image, and now that's shifted so the image is "Family." A subtle, but distinct, difference that makes her appeal much more broad.
- Her PR team definitely deserves a lot of credit. She seems more like an actress that is Christian than a Christian actress. She seems way more down to earth than Candace Cameron.
- Still out there, though --
I suspect that with her "Christian" is like her personal brand name for her marketing strategy. She goes on speaking tours ( for a fee and all expenses paid)and sells "Christian" books (poorly I might add). Read her books and her old blogs and you fine she is all about her, and a bit crazy too.
Creative Correction is supposed to be a Christian book but it is full of abusive and controlling techniques and bad advise. rather shocking. I am a Christian myself and I usually don't put others down like this but her warped ideas may actually turn people away from God.
Here are a few examples:
--blindfolding children for an hour if they roll their eyes
--handcuffing quarreling siblings together
--putting quarreling siblings outside, whether it's 30 degrees or 100 degrees
--making a child wear boxing gloves all day long for hitting; they are not to be removed for eating; as if this isn't enough torture, she recommends videotaping the child trying to eat popcorn with the boxing gloves. This might be appropriate in the context of a family game night, but not in the context of humiliation and punishment.
--burning a few of the child's toys if a child is caught playing with matches (what about putting the matches out of reach or doing some standard fire-safety education?
(stuff is following here...)