- Mel Gibson
- Tom Cruise.
- Ian Somerhalder, just to get the usual party started.
- I think the Somerhalder being anti-gay thing has been blown way out of proportion. He''s no more anti- gay than anyone else.
- Heidi Montag
- A pie in the face, anyone? A fruit pie, perhaps?
Ms. Anita Bryant
- Mark Whalberg\
James Caan (even more since his son is gay).\
Will Smith (closet case)
- Fred Thompson\
- Adrian Brody (closeted)
- Ian Somerhalder
- Denzel Washington
- I''m glad Mel hasn''t been knocked off his rightful perch at R1. I would have been shocked otherwise.
- Stephen Baldwin. \
Somerhalder is close friends with at least 3 lesbians I know. DL blew that out of proportion and never forgets.
- Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest make gay jokes all the time, or used to anyway.\
Nigel Lythgoe for sure.
- Adam Baldwin blames the overturn of Prop 8 on activist judges so I''m guessing he has no love for the gays.
- So closeted means anti-gay?
- Jon Voigt\
Eminem and 98% of black rappers\
Eddie Murphy and 75% of black comedians\
- Adam Baldwin is a huge right winger, check out his Twitter page
- Closeted and bearding of course means anti-gay.
- Being closeted is definitively homophobic.
- "Somerhalder is close friends with at least 3 lesbians I know. DL blew that out of proportion and never forgets."%0D\
Please, fangurl. You know damn well that a lot of straight male homophobes love lesbians but despise gay men.%0D\
"Eddie Murphy and 75% of black comedians"%0D\
Lots of white comedians rely on anti-gay humor, too, especially the ones who cater to the frat boy crowd. Not just a black thing.%0D\
- r19 I think anti-gay means actively seeks to suppress or spews hatred about gay people. Or vote against gay people. Or discrimate against them. \
To a extent, some gay people are closeted. Maybe at work, in school etc. That doesn''t mean they are anti-gay. \
Celebrities who are closeted but don''t actively beard are not anti-gay are they?
- If we''re talking openly contemptuous of gays, Gibson is of course #1 -- but James Woods is #2
- Angie Harmon.
- Who is Adam Baldwin? What did he say about Prop 8?
- I am so disappointed to learn that Adam Baldwin is a fascist nutbag. Even at 48, the guy is still hot. What a waste.
- A lot of the haters are in the closet. Like Will Smith & Eddie Murphy
- Chris O''Donnell
- Carroll Channing
- Daniel Tosh
- Dane Cook
- Elton John
- President Obama
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jole
- James Woods? Since when?
did I miss something?
- Penn & Teller
- Wayne Newton
- r35, James Woods has said in interviews he''s lost jobs because he''s two things Hollywood doesn''t like: a conservative and a heterosexual. Which is bullshit, of course, but he''s crazy.\
r36, Penn & Teller don''t dislike gays. At all.
- Teller is reputed to be gay R36.
- [quote] Adam Baldwin is a huge right winger, check out his Twitter page\
Did that once, never again.
- Bruce Willis\
- Denis Leary
- Nothing like spewing anti-gay rhetoric to cover up your own homosexuality.
- Here are a few that surprised me:%0D\
Brigitte Bardot, also politically arch-conservative.%0D\
Julia Child, infamously, in her letters and private papers.%0D\
Carol Channing has stated that while she loves everyone, as a good Christian "there''s behavior not in keeping with His Word, and I can''t condone it." Pretty shocking for a woman who''s made her life in musical theatre.
- Misery boot and Republican though she is, Patricia Heaton supports gay rights.
- Dame Edna.
- FWIW, Kelsey Grammar is incredibly right-wing and conservative, but also very pro-gay.%0D\
Julia Child was a liberal Democrat. %0D\
Bardot is an animal-rights activist, but pretty much a Nazi about everything else.%0D\
You cannot always anticipate how people feel about G&L issues based on other affiliations.
- 47 posts and no mention of Kristin Chenoweth.
- Bruce Willis is bi and not homophobic.\
Somerhalder doesn''t despise gay men or try to take anyone''s rights away. Excuse me for distinguishing between straight guys making mildly homophobic ''uncomfortable with kissing other men'' remarks and people like Mel Gibson and Stephen and Adam Baldwin.
- No, R48, because she is an outspoken friend of the gay & lesbian community. Did you miss her response to the Newsweek piece about openly gay actors?
- And Carol Channing is a corn-eating loon.
- And Selleck hates gays because he, unhappily, is one? And James Woods because gay guys keep asking to see his over-sized prong?
- Aw, that''s a real bummer about Adam Baldwin. First I learn Zachary Levy isn''t a Jew, now this? I guess that just leaves me Captain Awesome.
- r50, her appearance on Pat Robertson''s show speaks volumes.
- Ernest Borgnine and Tony Curtis (based on comments about Brokeback Mountain).
- I thought Tony Curtis was anti-gay?%0D\
We all know John Wayne was.%0D\
Sometimes I don''t know what I hate more: The celebrities who are openly anti-gay, homophobic assholes, or the condescending, patronizing celebs who treat us like we are household pets or mascots. "My gays." Because if you scratch those folks, you''ll find a homophobe underneath the patronizing. %0D\
They''re like the racists who supported Civil Rights in the ''60''s, but wouldn''t want to date, marry, go to school with live next door to, or work with "Negroes."
- Thank you r50. She''ll never live that down no matter what she says now. cunt
- Kristen Chenoweth does not belong on this list.%0D\
Adrien Brody- the Oscar-winning actor? I can believe him to be closeted but not anti-gay.
- R28, Re. Chris O''Donnell, I had no idea he was a gay-hater. But I remember reading an blog ages ago where someone had met him at an airport and asked him for a photo or an autograph which he rudely declined. The person who ran into him ended their account of the encounter with something along the lines of "...so now I''m going to tell everyone that Chris O''Donnell is gay."
What goes around comes around
- Lena Horne was so closeted that she made sure her deceased (and ex) husband''s photo was on her funeral program. No one noticed that they were not buried together...
- Ryan Reynolds, pretty much ever film he was in had homophobic undertones to some degree. At worst (like Waiting) was very homophobic.
- Ann Miller.\
Rabid Homophobe. Used to publicly call her hairdressers and fellow male dancers Pansies and queers. Asked for " No Pansies" when casting a dance number.
- That''s odd, R62. I don''t recall her dancing solo in many of those big splashy MGM musicals.
- Judy Garland. I could never understand why the fags embraced her so.
- Bette Midler HATES that her fan base is gay. She yearns for a lady-like respectability.
- Bette Midler can kiss my gay ass.
- Midler doesn''t hate gays(the way most homophobes do), but she definitely feels her gay following/association has held her back from becoming more of a mainstream success.%0D\
Ironic, because her early gay bathhouse/cabaret/standup stuff is the most (only?) interesting work she''s ever done.
- [quote]Bardot is an animal-rights activist, but pretty much a Nazi about everything else.%0D\
Hitler himself was a vegetarian and loved animals. Both prove that that particular position does not automatically indicate that the person is a liberal/progressive.
- I get the feeling Ian Somerhalder is just a total asshole douche in general, but I guess most celebs are, particularly the c-list ones.\
I always thought the Baldwin clan (except for nut job Stephen) were fierce liberals.\
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, "being your sister to my house, I''ll show you who is a faggot"\
- [quote]I always thought the Baldwin clan (except for nut job Stephen) were fierce liberals.\
Adam Baldwin is not related to those Baldwins.
- How exactly is Rob Lowe a homophobe? I don''t recall him expressing any POV on this.
- Minor anti-gay celebs from the UK,\
Mathew Horne & James Corden,\
Every British Rapper and male R''n''B artist.\
Al Murray \
Everyone who works at the NME,\
Actually, it would probably be easier and much shorter list, to list pro-gay celebs from the UK.
- As irritating and over-rated Horne and (especially) Corden are, R72, I don''t think they are homophobic.
- r24, just because Harmon is a repug, doesn''t mean she is anti-gay. She is currently on the gayest show on basic cable right now.
- >>>Judy Garland. I could never understand why the fags embraced her so%0D\
Maybe Judy was anti-gay in public to cover up for decades of lesbian affairs she had?
- "Adrian Brody (closeted)"\
This is news to me! A str8 female friend was friendly with Adrian during the late 80s-90s, while he was based in NYC, they moved in the same circles. She said he was a really great guy, she never mentioned him being gay.\
Where do you guys get this info?
- "Everyone who works at the NME."\
Really? There must be a whole new group of writers working for the NME, when I was reading the NME, the late 70s through late 90s, most of the writers seemed pro-gay, pro-women and pro-minorities.
- Most of the cast of Inception is closeted:\
Lukas Haas (gay & leo''s bf)\
Tom Hardy (bi for 5 mins)
- John Wayne was mild. He did a movie with Rock Hudson once and he said, I don''t stand Rock Hudson other guys like him. He said they are so good looking, and they can have any female they want. Why do these guys go for other guys? LOL. I just think he was truly naive in this area that is all. I don''t think he was mean spirited about what he thought of gays. Accept he did tell Rock Hudson, look, whatever you do in your life is your is your business, but I don''t want to know. Other than that on the set they got very well, and played chess together.\
I heard Pierce Brosnan can%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t stand homos ,and Mel Gibson as another one big time.
- Orson Bean gave to Prop 8%0D\
Kelsey Grammer doesn''t support gay marriage%0D\
The comedian that breaks watermelons%0D\
The other comedian that acted like a macho slob
- R72, isn''t James Corden gay? He comes across as a big fat queen.
- Sherri Shepherd
- Mariska hargitay
- Orson Bean is the father-in-law of Andrew Briebart. Bean is a one time leftist who tilted wildly to the right. I know someone who had to deal with him a number of years ago. Major whacko. Would have you believe that he is this "great" talent who is underrated.%0D\
- Lie r72\
British R&B boy band JLS is not anti-gay... in fact they love that they have gay fans
- Patricia Heaton actively campaigned against prop 8.
- I''m no Heaton fan, R87, but I don''t remember that. Her Wikipedia entry mentions nothing about it, while noting her other political activism and claiming she supports gay rights.
- Gloria Estefan sang "It''s not Natural" on the 700 Club.
- [quote]and claiming she supports gay rights.\
She does. and she did a few interviews at the time stating her opposition to prop 8 and supporting the right to marry.
- Oops I misread you. I''m not from California so the "for" or "against" Prop 8 sometimes trips me up. So Heaton is a conservative (which we hate) who supports gay marriage (that old thing about a stopped clock being right twice a day).
- do you know how many gays would jump over to the GOP if they were pro gay? many!
- It sucks Adam Baldwin is anti-gay Chuck is one of my favorite shows.
- wtf? I never heard of that Gloria Estefan song. When was she on the 700 Club?
- Isn''t "It''s Not Natural" a Winans sisters song? I know Bebe Winans is not publicly anti-gay (don''t know if he is pro-gay, even if he is gay) but I know his brother, a pastor, is anti-gay. His brother was also the pastor of DL favorite Donnie McClurkin: I guess we know where he gets his self-loathing from
- Ann Miller was close friends with a gay pal of mine who was her wardrobe person on "Sugar Babies" for years. He had a closet full of fur coats that were all gifts from Ann, and said she was a very kind and generous friend. Everybody loved her.
- Be careful with naming people only based on political affiliation. My best friend is conservative, pro-choice and for equal rights (incl. marriage). You can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. My *entire* family is Democratic and only votes Democrat and more than half are anti-gay. I say this because I see some questionable names that I know are probably based on broad strokes.
- ^^I used to go to Marvin Winans church while McClurkin went there. I''d see him around in the halls. Very snobbish. He''s so gay, child out of wedlock or not.
That doesn''t make James Woods A homophobe it makes him a realist.I never liked the guy,but he''s right,Hollywood is run by gays even if a lot of them are not openly gay.Hollywoods gay sensibilities are obvious to even the most naive\
observer...I can''t believe anyone could deny that.
- Ryan Reynolds is simply doing his job,blame the self hating closet cases who write these movies to appeal to straight assholes.
- I wish the anti-Kristin Chenowith troll would give it a rest. People change, grow, and evolve, which evidently Kristin has done. \
Julia Child may have been a "liberal," but she was also a misogynist, and that usually goes hand-in-hand with homophobia.
- 90 percent of white men in Hollywood!
- Can''t believe I''m posting this but Hasselbeck used to be a hater...she''s actually changed over the last year or so, especially since she had Melissa Ethridge over for lunch.\
- Scott Speedman is a homophobe?
- I saw Ryan Reynolds do a benefit show with Mario Cantone (seriously) - Mario was his usual self and Reynolds was sweet, blushing and very Canadian. He seemed to enjoy the byplay with Mario...and he also seemed very, very hetero.
- Mariska isn''y anti-gay, R83. Not all closeted actors hate gays.
- Marky Mark
- Horne & Corden were slammed for being homophobic after a number of sketches in their ermm... "comedy" series were slammed by the press for being anti-gay.\
Here is an extract from the Times, reporting on the rise in homophobic comedy on British TV.
- Here is one of the sketches. It''s mad, imagine if they were to portray Black, Jewish or Asian people in such a ridiculous way, offensively stereotyping them for comedy effect? They''d be kicked off the BBC, what''s even more sad, is how all the kids in Britain think this is so funny and the best thing ever, same kids who read NME, listen to homophobic retard George Lamb signal handed destroy Radio 6, and watch Rick Edwards make snide gay jokes on T4.\
It''s weird all you guys in America think the UK is right on and cool about gays, but that couldn''t be further from the truth. I think a few years ago, maybe in the 90s that was more true, but now, young people seem to love to take the piss and deride gay men.
- RIcky Gervais. All his work is littered with homophobic comment.
- Jim Brown%0D\
Melvin Van Peebles%0D\
Billy Dee Williams%0D\
- It''s really depressing to hear people laugh at that Horne & Corden sketch. Really, the whole point of that was to make fun of gays. At least when Family Guy does it, it''s do make fun of the people like Horne & Corden who have an offensive and primitive idea of homosexuality and Family Guy go after everyone, not just gays, but there was something about that Horne & Corden piece that was really horrible.
- Hasn''t Horne and Corden''s sketch comedy been roundly dismissed as embarrassing hackery?\
Horne seems like a complete fag in interviews and Corden wouldn''t have a career if it weren''t for establishment poofs Alan Bennett and Nicholas Hytner giving him his break in "The History Boys" -- Those two need to smarten up.
- When did Natalie Cole and Donna Summer ever say or do anything homophobic?
- Kelsey Grammer supports Same Sex Marriage\
"So am I pro-my friends who love each other getting married? Yes -- gay, straight or otherwise. I don''t have an issue about it."
- Natalie Cole is hardly homophobic; she was very close to her VERY flamboyant gay brother who died of AIDS-related issues.
- I don''t know if someone else has posted this (writing at work, fast), so apologies if they have. If the poster meant Freddie Prinze JR, he was married by an out gay minister, and SMG is very pro gay, so I doubt he''s homophobic. Again, apologies if this has already been covered.
- I don''t believe half of these, especially when someone posts a name with no explanation. A lot sound like someone holding a grudge from some imagined slight or poor choice of words decades ago, or jealousy/anger over misplaced affections, mistaken sexuality (after years of wishful hoping), or a fan letter that went unanswered. And then there''s the "crime" of being a closet case in a time when being gay was literally a crime. Even today, I wouldn''t defend the closet, but I don''t believe everyone who choses that path is a homophobe outwardly.\
Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. Lots of loonies.
- >>>Julia Child may have been a "liberal," but she was also a misogynist, and that usually goes hand-in-hand with homophobia%0D\
But 85% of the Datalounge males are misogynist. Does that make them homophobic too?
- r60, more info please!
- Yes, r20, it does. They project their self-hatred onto women.
- R121, what do you mean? Her husband was buried in the Hollywood Forever cemetery in Calif in 1971; Lena is in the Evergreen''s Cemetery in Brooklyn. %0D\
According to the bio of last year, Sinatra woke Lena up in NYC and ordered her to get her ass to Palm Springs to take care of legal matters -- estranged for a decade gay husband had a medical emergency at a party at Sinatra''s house and was in the ICU. Lena didn''t want to go, but had to. She should have divorced the guy 15 years earlier.
- The video at r109, it''s embarrassing to think that the BBC would broadcast something like that in 2010. \
They are terrible though, comedy for the Big Brother moron generation, hardly Mitchell and Webb or the League of Gentlemen. Heck, they aren''t even Gimme, Gimme.
- Thanks, r117.
- Plus I believe Natalie Cole was married to a mionister who is obviously gay... I think they are currently divorced
- Despite what she says, that bitch Chenowith.
- Natalie Cole is no stranger to lesbian affairs, you know.\
- Doesn''t Chenoweth only "date" gay men?
- Reply 113.\
Oh please. Some gays deserve to be laughed at. This is a reaction to a walking stereotype. Grown men acting like 14-year old girls and wearing clothing fit for a 5- year old should be laughed at.
Why are 85% of datalounge males misogynist?\
We must have a lot of straight guys here because every time misogyny is mentioned someone points out how it''s straight guys who hate women.\
Are the misogynists here married closet cases or what,maybe they come on here to express their rage against the woman they live with.\
Whats the problem guys?It''s embarrassing.
- Don''t be dense moron r130, he is heterosexual man, making fun of gay men using a trite cliched lazy homophobic stereotype, placed in a absurd setting to heighten the ridicule of homosexuality, for the benefit of a heterosexual audience. It''s no different than a white man, blacking up with boot polish, putting on a stupid Jamaican accent and acting like idiot for benefit of white audience. It''s no different.\
Of course there are gay stereotypes, but there are also Asian stereotypes and Black stereotypes and Jewish stereotypes, still, you don''t see any white straight British men on the BBC taking the piss out of them.\
And besides, Horne & Corden are as funny as an in-growing toe nail..
- "Brad Pitt"\
I assume this is a joke?
- Tonya Johnston ( Sol''e )%0D\
Vivica A. Fox%0D\
Dick Van Patten
- With the exception of 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg, when did any of them say or do anything homophobic?
- Tom Cruise
- are you all just speculation for do you know for a fact that the people you list are truly homophobes?
- All these posts and not one mention of Elvis Presley? Notoriously homophobic (and racist). %0D\
James Brolin %0D\
Avril Lavigne (has used "gay" and "fags" as slurs to paparazzi)%0D\
Helen Lawson and Neely O''Hara (sorry, I had to!)
- Jeez, R54, I gave Chenoweth as much shit as anyone for years after her appearance on the KKKristian show (and because of her religious CD that she was pimping to the KKKristian viewers), but the letter she wrote in support of Sean Hayes was pretty fucking clear: she''s in favor of gay rights, gays playing straight, and gay people in general.\
From here on out she gets a pass from me and goes in the good-guy column (although it sure was fun making her straight teen fangirl stalker''s head explode when she defended her idol).
- George Lamb is homophobic?\
- I didn''t post that r140 so I don''t know what their reason is, but I recall watching E4 music, and before a Will Young clip Lamb made some very offensive remarks, he did that whole "Chase me, Chase me" routine with limp wrist and a camp voice before pursing his lips, and calling Will Young giggling School girl.\
I''ve never had any time for him ever since. He also plays Jamaican dancehall music on his radio show, with extremely anti-gay content, some which call for the torture and murder of gay men. \
So, I imagine he is pretty homophobic.
- James Caan is disgustng...does his son try and maintain a relationship with him?
- I notice a lot of gay jokes in movies and I know some of the guys delievering the lines are gay, so it really makes me wonder, are the gay jokes OK?
- I don''t even know how straight guys who are suppose to be "liberal" do that shit r143. Like Ryan Reynolds or Bradley Copper.\
Of course there are real liberal straight guys in Hollywood like Ben and Casey Affleck or Brad Pitt, Clooney. I don''t think they have made "gay jokes" in any of their films. If they have it''s the odd film, but guys like Ryan Reynolds and Bradley cooper seem to spew out that shit in every single film they are in.
- Wasn''t Rob Lowe a Bush supporter? I guess that''s why some think he may be anti-gay rights.
- BTW George Lamb is not only homophobic, he is also extremely misogynistic, anti-Irish and an all round twat.
Ann Miller may have mellowed with age. In her heyday she was a complete homophobe. An old friend of mine who worked at MGM clearly remembers her actions. Said she would ask for NO SiSSIES when choosing dancers. If she perceived a dancer as being too swish she would have him removed. Nice lady.
- Yes. R142. Scott Caan is not gay expect here on the DL.
- Jay Leno,\
Jake Gyllenhaal, we hates the gays for ruining bis career, and in he is always banging on about how much he hated kissing Heath and how not gay he is.
- Jay Leno has supported same sex marriage for several years. He even lectured Gov. Arnold about it - saying it works great in his home state and gays in California deserve to have the right to marry.
- The Jonas Bros, fundies.\
Usher, closet case tranny chaser.
- Robert Blake \
The Winans Family \
The Wayans Brothers
- Oh Please, The Wayans Brothers are very gay friendly.
- Another vote for the Jonas Brothers. They are backed by the Evil Dr. James Dobson.
- "Ann Miller...Said she would ask for NO SiSSIES when choosing dancers."\
She was the Nigel Lythgoe of her day!
- I distinctly remember Mario Lopez making a pretty shockingly anti-gay remark on TV some years ago. At the time, I kind of assumed he was closeted and said something hateful about gays to "prove" he was straight. I''m not sure of his pro- or anti-gay record other than that. Anybody?
- He played that gay swimmer...so perhaps he wanted to make sure people didn''t think he was gay.
- Mario Lopez has become an outspoken Republican, very Catholic and "family values" mindset.
- Mario Lopez is flake, he''ll side with whatever givws him the most attention and money. He tried the gays, but was pushed aside by Nick Adams, now his gone somewhere else looking for attention.
- There are no gay friendly republicans! Some may voice their support of gays, but when push comes to shove and they vote for republican candidates who vote against our rights, that''s where their true identity is revealed.
- Dave Chappelle%0D\
he uses homophobic & transphobic humor in his stand-up act - his gay references are not affectionate - and when he went on Oprah, he expressed disgust & loathing of the Velvet Mafia in Hollywood (he didn''t use that exact phrase but that''s what he was implying), Oprah''s body language got all uncomfortable & she started squirming in her seat
- Ryan Seacrest & Simon Cowell.
- Vivica A. Fox is not homophobic r134. One of her best friends is the very openly gay TV Guide Canada columnist Nelson Branco.
- [quote] If she perceived a dancer as being too swish she would have him removed. Nice lady.\
She is dead to me! .... oh wait.
- John Rich\
- I HATE to say this, but here goes. It seems that almost all black gay celebs or public figures especially Black men, on both sides of the pong, the US and UK are homophobic, which is real shame, because you think they''d know better.
- How have Jensen Enckles and Jared Padalecki shown themselves to be homophobes?
- Isaiah Washington
- In the same vein as 165, Jamey Johnson is a country singer who has a song that says something like, "We only like boy-girl sex in this bar." He has some pretty good songs though. Shame he''s such a loser.
- Dr. Laura Schlessinger (a.k.a. Nasties cunt that ever cunted.)\
- Ian somerhalder is not homophobic. He has done an "it gets better" video plus he had played a a bisexual character on television.
- 171 posts in and no one mentions DONALD TRUMP?
- [quote]Wasn''t Rob Lowe a Bush supporter? I guess that''s why some think he may be anti-gay rights.\
Ahhh no and in his book he states very clearly he is friends with gays and has absolutely no issues about it.
- John Rich, Blake Shelton, Johnny Rebel, Earl Scruggs, Charlie Daniels etc.\
Then add in the rest, who campaign for the anti-gay Republican party and you are 99% of all Country Music. The most homophobic Music in America. \
(only in America because the couple of non-Americans are evil doers in Country Music)
- I''ve read and heard quite a few things that basically lead to John Rich being closeted.
- R110 Ricky gervais is very gay friendly, and spoke it on his xfm radio show.
- I am glad someone mentioned Ricky gervais being gay friendly.he totally strikes me as gay friendly.think he has only a few friends he loves and he was on chatty man interview with Alan Carr and it was clear that he was privately good friends with the gay Carr.he has also done some great interviews with openly gay talk show darling Graham norton.
- Chris moyles may be a cunt but I don''t think he''s homophobic r77. And I''m surprised jim davidson and Bernard manning didn''t make your list!
- R177 thanks. I can also remember him telling Karl pilkington off for stereotyping gay men as all being camp
- Yes, R177, and I also remember one of his early appearances on Letterman where the host tried to make some pathetic reference to "there being no queers around here" (I''m paraphrasing) meaning that he and Ricky were good red-blooded heteros, and Gervais immediately called him on it and pretty much gave Letterman a dressing-down for being so small-minded as to think such things mattered in this day and age.\
Most stars would have just shut up and "played nice" to appease the powerful homophobe in his lair for fear of jeopardizing their careers (or future appearances).\
Gervais reacted instinctively and admirably. Definitely gay-friendly.
- "Ahhh no and in his book he states very clearly he is friends with gays and has absolutely no issues about it."\
Not to be petty here, but Rob Lowe doesn''t actually state in his book that he has no issue with homosexuality. Because he doesn''t have to. It is clear from what he writes that he is very liberal and has/had many gay friends including a guy from his Malibu days that was a best friend of his who died from AIDS very young. \
Also, not sure if anyone remembers, but he was hugely into Democratic politics in the 80s/90s. It was while campaigning for Dukakis that he met that underage girl and made the sex tape.
- Jerry Lewis
- Elton John
- [quote] Wasn''t Rob Lowe a Bush supporter?\
He wrote in his book he is a Democrat
- In the UK there is a good few, \
George Lamb (plays violent homophobic Jamaican dancehall of day time radio)\
All Channel Four T4 presents\
All UK hip hop and R''n''B signers, and that makes up 70% of UK celebs.\
All Chav football players and their WAGs.
- [quote]He wrote in his book he is a Democrat\
So he wrote a book saying he is a Democrat?\
Who''re you gonna believe? The man himself, or some DL troll?\
DLers always know!
- Elvis wasn''t racist and I don''t believe there''s anything on the record about him being homophobic either. He used black female back up singers and was very close to his chef who was African American.
- James Brolin? Wouldn''t it be a bit of a problem for him then being married to Babs whose son is openly gay?
- Rumor has it that Elvis used to give away cars to poor black people who didn''t have one. Elvis was known for being more of a lover (of women - including most of his co-stars) than a hater of anyone.
- >>is not gay expect here on the DL.
- [quote]Scott Caan is not gay expect here on the DL.%0D\
Jury is out on that, especially since he was arrested for an altercation at a gay bar before he was famous.%0D\
Also, James Caan has another son who''s quite artsy and quite the flamer. His facebook page was posted here once and there was no doubt that at least one Caan offspring speaks Nancy.
- Elvis straddling a leather ramrod served by a pair of gay guys, at 2:08%0D\
- Scotty McCreery - refused to be interviewed for OutQ on Sirius.
- Rob Lowe called SJP a bitch on the Graham Norton show when he was promoting his book..Bradley Cooper was shocked.
- [quote]Rob Lowe called SJP a bitch on the Graham Norton show when he was promoting his book%0D\
Wouldn''t that be a considerable point in his favor?
The Stable Keeper
- Rob Lowe & Bradley Cooper Trash Sarah Jessica Parker On The Graham Norton Show
- Carol Channing doesn''t like gay corn. At all.
- Let''s face it, homophobia is being gradually eradicated, and I know a number of people who''ve been mentioned here who are much less homophobic today than they were 10 years ago.%0D\
I recall reading that Harrison Ford said something anti-gay about 15 years ago, but I''m guessing there''s a good chance he might be more enlightened today. Maybe NOT, but there''s a good chance he is less homophobic today. %0D\
What homophobic movies has Ryan Reynolds been in? He had an interview in The Advocate a year or so ago in which all his comments were very pro-gay.%0D\
I am still pissed at Zach Braff for speaking in a derisive manner about his "gay drug addict" character in "Broken Hearts Club." His character wasn''t even a drug addict per se anyway. Braff acted as if playing a gay person was as low as he could go. Russell Crowe has done the same speaking of "The Sum of Us."
- [quote]I''m guessing there''s a good chance he might be %0D\
Aaah, nothing like the DL scientific method - the triple random guess
- For five years Michelle Kwan dated one of the most loathsome anti-gay lobbyists ever.
- "I ain''t playin'' no homo!"
Warren Beatty, on playing Clyde Barrow in Bonnie and Clyde
- Was it George Michael who once said that Aretha Franklin is a homophobe?
- I am old enough (48) to remember a few bisexual rumors about Rob Lowe back in the day...I have no doubt that Rob has let a few (maybe more than a few...) guys go down on him in his time.
- Yes I am 50 and remember the Rob Lowe Bi rumors too.
- i don''t think jim brown is a homophobe since he once said he knew gay men were fans of his and he didn''t mind.
- Zach Braff wouldn''t even be famous if he hadn''t played that gay guy on Scrubs.
- I had a good friend, someone I went to high school with, who was a stage carpenter on Supernatural for three years. He was gay but you’d never know it, and he said that that set was the most homophobic he’d ever worked on. He claimed that Jensen and Jared were a lot of fun to look at, but that they were just dumbasses about a lot of things. He said they’d spontaneously start dancing around, talking in falsetto voices, claiming affection for different people on the set, using exaggerated hand gestures, rolling and batting their eyes, never understanding that what they were doing was nothing but making fun of gays. He also said they’d use a lot, and he said a lot, of inappropriate language, such as calling everyone a “fag.” He also claimed that Jensen would talk about gay men and say things like, “That’s just wrong, that’s not the way it’s supposed to be,” and that it was widely known that he was adamantly opposed to gay marriage or even gay rights. I’m always looking for something that says the opposite, even though I trust my friend. It just hurts because I’ve always been such a fan of the show and the two actors.
- [quote]He claimed that Jensen and Jared were a lot of fun to look at
R207 I have to laugh at idiots who will still lust over some creeps even though they know how homophobic they are. Some people need to get some dignity.
- [quote]Avril Lavigne (has used "gay" and "fags" as slurs to paparazzi)
Who cares about that hasbeen cunt anyway?
- MY HEART IS BROKEN somebody anybody please tell me the stuff about Jensen and Jared are not true considering how their biggest fanfiction which they are very aware of is both of them going down on each other; they must know their fans are gay friendly and gays so to hear this is disheartening
- R208, what evidence is there that Jensen and Jared are anti-gay? I've never heard them say anything bad about gays before, and I know on Australian radio Jensen thanked a gay interviewer for telling him he was hot.
- Mr. Kim from North Korea does not like the gayness. If man in North Korea is of this mind he must be in the girly dress and live as the women do.
- Aretha Franklin
- Well, my friend wasn't really lusting after them, not after he figured out what dumbasses they were. And yeah, I feel for you Slash Fan. I do. I was a huge fan of the show for years until my damn high school reunion when my buddy, who is now working at Whistler, told me about them. And the thing is, my friend said that when there were press on the set, it was a totally different thing. Nary a word about that, "Gay men are gross" stuff was heard. And my buddy said the two idiots, Jensen and Jared (just in case there's any confusion about who the two idiots are in this story) would constantly kid each other about an obviously gay grip on the show. "He's looking at your ass, Jared" . . . "No, it's YOUR ass he's looking at Jensen because you want him," that kind of stupid bullshit. I mean, I know they were just straight guys from Texas in their twenties, but still. Like my friend said, they make a lot of money from fans, and a lot of those fans are gay. Dammit, here I am TWO YEARS after hearing that story still looking for evidence it's not true, when I know it is. My friend wasn't the kind of guy to lie or make stuff up. Plus, he was upset by it.
- Lordy, how can anyone anti gay survive in Hollywood? The place TEEMS to the brim with gay men. It's as self defeating as being homophobic in fashion design or figure skating.
- R213 I don't know if she's homophobic or not, but she sang at a gay wedding last year. So if she is homophobic, it seems she'll put her views aside for the right price.
- How is Chris O'Donnell homophobic?
- If the folks at 'Supernatural' are gay, then why do they seem comfortable (the writers, Jensen/Jared etc) poking fun at the fact that people who meet the Winchester Brothers sometimes think they are a gay couple?
- [quote]Donna Summer
That is not true, idiot.
- [quote]Scotty McCreery - refused to be interviewed for OutQ on Sirius.
My GAWD, when was this? Glad I didn't vote for him.
- R214, I do know that when Jensen first came to Hollywood from Texas he was very much into Christian doctrine and Christian Youth camps etc. It's possible he did come from an anti-gay background. I know his family expected him to do a lot of traditional Texas stuff growing up like deer hunting, using guns etc.
But he seemed to move away from the Christian/religious stuff since he started dating Playboy models like Joanna Krupa, who as we have heard, said in an interview that Jensen gave her orgasms.
- Jesus, are you kiddin' me, R210? That some sexually frustrated 45 year-old fag hag in Schenectady is writing (bad) gay fiction about Jensen Ackles and Jared Pada-Whatever is your reason for believing that they couldn't be homophobic???? Well, let's see if that works: "Tim Tebow pounded Blake Shelton's ass hard while Tim moaned Blake's name over and over. The sound of Blake's name rolling from Tim's lips was like a benediction and a supplication rolled into one." *Runs to check . . . * Nope, those two are STILL fuckin' hate mongers.
I'm not fans of either of those Supernatural actors, but even I know that Ackles is heavily involved in the Los Angeles Mission, which is NOT gay friendly. Not at all.
- "Ackles is heavily involved in the Los Angeles Mission"
So are you saying Ackles is STILL involved in religious stuff? How does he square that with the fact that he started dating Playboy models when he became an actor, and that one of them talked about their sex life to the press? Doesn't that make Jensen a hypocrite?
- And where have Tim Tebow or Blake Shelton admitted to liking what you wrote R222? Oh, right, THEY DIDN'T!
Jensen, on the other hand...
- You're crazy if you think Jensen Ackles likes slash. I'm a HUGE fan of the show and I have to embarrasingly admit to going to not one but two SPN conventions and slash is NOT treated well there. It's joked about and not in a kind or funny way. That clip where Jense says he likes it is out of context, I bet. You sure don't see a lot of gay fans at those conventions either. Maybe some, but I bet they don't come back. It's mostly older women like in their mid 30s or 40s, or really young fangirls. Questions are always stuff like "Are you Christian? What church do you go to in California, in Vancouver?" And anyone can tell you that its a whole lot easier for someone with a religious upbringing to reconcile dating a hot playboy model than it is to condone gays. I'm not taking one side or the other on the is he homophobic issue cuz the man's never come up to me and told me he didn't like gays. I'm just get the idea from what I've read that he says one thing to preserve his career but actually believes and supports (quietly) another. Maybe I'm wrong. Cool! My first post here!
- Just saw a video of dave grohl pretending to be drunk and calling someone a faggot
- Simon Cowell
- [quote]Just saw a video of dave grohl pretending to be drunk and calling someone a faggot
Was he looking in the mirror when he said it?
- I also heard the stories of the unbearable and untalented Avril Lavigne using "gay" and "fag" in public on numerous occasions, ie, "That is just so gay."
This was several years ago, when she also had no idea who David Bowie is (or was).
What an asshole.
- "He said they’d spontaneously start dancing around, talking in falsetto voices, claiming affection for different people on the set, using exaggerated hand gestures, rolling and batting their eyes,"
Umm, you do know that all that stuff that he mentioned is available for viewing, right? It makes up a large portion of the gag reels for each season. It is funny, warm, tongue-in-cheek stuff and in no way is it supposed to be derogatory or hateful.
"Questions are always stuff like "Are you Christian? What church do you go to in California, in Vancouver?"
Again, all of their convention shows are online, I've seen many, many tapings of the sessions that they conduct. Unless the people recording the presentations stop filming at the exact time that those kind of questions are asked, I have NEVER heard those things asked of them. Unless it was very early on when they first started doing the shows.
"Wincest" is a very different bird than slash with the two actors. They do know it exists, hell they mentioned it on a show once.
It all goes right back to whether or not the actors are using us fans to perpetuate the rumor that they are together. A lot, myself included, believe that they are together so the idea that they could be homophobes is mind-boggling.
Have NO idea what that Los Angeles Mission is either.
- This is a lot of bitter queens deeming anyone who ever turned down their autograph request "homophobic," and manufacturing unverifiable nonsense to back up their whining.
- Is the Pope considered a celebrity of sorts?
If so, then he gets my vote.
- R230, not to point out the obvious, but you've got a lot more problems than is Dean Winchester a homophobe if you really believe that those two actors are 'together.' That's so stupid and just so gay to think that they are. Just because you want them to be gay doesn't mean that they are. And I got news for you buddy. They aren't.
- "its a whole lot easier for someone with a religious upbringing to reconcile dating a hot playboy model than it is to condone gays"
- Isn't Gary Sinese gay? I though I saw a picture of him grabbing some guy whose pants were halfway pulled down.
- Julian Fellowes, director of Downton Abbey and star of some BBC series like Aristocrats. Seems to hate gays, they never appear in his shows or when they do they are evil.
- And yet there were several prominent gay actors in "Gosford Park", R236, among them Sir Derek Jacobi and Sir Alan Bates.
- Julia Child was a great friend of Chuck Williams (Williams-Sonoma.) They used to get together just to have fun cooking.
- R68 Hitler was not a vegetarian, he merely avoided red meat for health reasons, and was a proud but abusive dog owner. Definitely not an animal rights kind of person for any era.
But yes, BB is an animal lover and pretty much a Nazi about everything else and this combination isn't even that rare. Maybe it has something to do with hating people and the need to channel your more tender feelings somewhere else? Hitler apparently really didn't have that many tender feelings that needed channeling.
- I thought that about Julian Fellows as well,but he uses gay actors a lot ie Rupert Everett magnificently in Separate Lies and his gay actors are always good so for me jury is still out.
- Julian Fellows doesn't cast his movies or miniseries. It would be a rare author who did.
I remember thinking he was either a homophobe or just ignorant based on his novel, SNOBS, or some of things he's (reportedly) said.
- R233 is clearly Danneel Harris's ne, Ackles' vag to know this for a fact.
- It would be funny if Julian Fellowes is a homophobe, because he probably comes across as gay to the average American. He may just be British, but he's kind of ostentatious and pings in a way.
- In Downton and his last couple of movies he uses the same actors over and over again. I suppose that means he's loyal to his actors. It would be nice if there was gay positive character in any of his recent work. In Gosford Park he didn't do any of the casting.
- [quote]I also heard the stories of the unbearable and untalented Avril Lavigne using "gay" and "fag" in public on numerous occasions, ie, "That is just so gay."
Avril is a no-talent, has been. The last thing she did was a AT & T commercial..
- I've never been able to stand that whiny cunt Avril. It pisses me off even further that Brody Jenner's fine ass sees fit to stick his dick in her vagina.
- Is it true that Avril made a sex tape?
- I still wanna know why someone thinks Scott Speedman is a phobe. If I had to guess, I would have said he's gay.
- Queen Elizabeth II
- R230 is right. Those questions were never asked at a convention. There have been plenty of inappropriate questions, but not those particular ones! As for Jensen's religion, I seriously doubt he's the bible-thumper he used to be when he was younger. He didn't even get married in a church or by a pastor. Not that that makes his marriage any more genuine...
- Ryan Reynolds
- What did Harrison Ford say that was homophobic?
- I had no idea about Ian Somerhalder being anti gay...what did he say or do that makes u all say he is anti gay.......
- Is it true about Scott Speedman? What did he say?
- Rihanna. She comes from Barbados where gay men are imprisoned and she has not once spoken up for these men even though she has the biggest voice of anyone ever from Barbados. She refuses to acknowledge the existence of gay people, and is a huge fan and supporter of gay-murder music artists, and has even collaborated with several. I mean people with lyrics like "hang the fagoot from the tree" and RiRi's out there on stage dancin' with a big phat blunt in her hand.
- That's true, R256. That makes it even funnier that she is dating gay Chris Brown.
- Where you have been, R254? Ian's comments about how disgusting it was to kiss a guy on "The Rules of Attraction" DVD have been discussed here for years.
- saying it disgusting to kiss a guy doesn't mean a person is homophobic..
kissing in general for me is off putting and irks me ..but i am bisexual
- R259, where to even begin??!
- Re: Horne and Corden. I forget which is the fat one, and which is the ugly one. But the ugly one ISN'T heterosexual. Closet case--yes. He used to be with Russell Tovey around the time of History Boys. Tovey is, of course, an out gay actor.
- I dunno what poor Donna Summer has to do to make that anti-gay rumor go away. I think she even gave a press conference denying it. Even after going on Oprah and talking about it in an episode of Behind the Music, I still hear people repeating it.
- Who on earth would think OUR ORIGINAL disco diva is homophobic ..i mean that woman's career has been geared towards catering to the gays.. without donna and her divaliscious music there would be no madonna
- Corden is the large one, he was in the History Boys with Tovey. Horne was in Cathy Tate's show. BUt Corden is straight, he and his gf recently had a kid. He and Horne fell out after the big backlash against them. Corden probably invited a lot of criticism, even by his own admission his ego became unbearable.
- Paul Walker totally lost his temper when some interviewer dared insinuate he might be gay.
- Well, if Jared and Jensen are homophobic, they better start gay-bashing themselves, first and foremost. Never saw two bigger cocksuckers in my life.
- Thanks, r264. Horne was Tovey's bf. Interesting also because Tovey had a minor recurring role in that romantic comedy series Horne had about a couple who started a long distance relationsip and the Horne character wound up moving to Wales to be with his gf. (And, of course, Corden co-starred).
- Horne is also responsible for the abomination below. There are no words...
- How do you know them, R266?
- Has anyone asked Jared and Jensen about their views on gay rights on camera? I really wish some journalist would do that.
- [quote]I dunno what poor Donna Summer has to do to make that anti-gay rumor go away. I think she even gave a press conference denying it. Even after going on Oprah and talking about it in an episode of Behind the Music, I still hear people repeating it.
- If you marry somebody who is an anti-gay Evangelical (like there are any other kind) then you inherit the rep, regardless of what spin you issue on Oprah.
- Carol Channing???
You must be joking.
She lives here in the Palm Springs area and is always surrounded by queers when she goes out. There is also a drag bitch that does only CC in her act at one of the clubs.
I don't think CC is anti-gay at all.
Bella de Ball
- There were rumors about John Wayne taking only men out on his yacht, The Wild Goose, out of Newport Beach California. And there were stories that JW loved the boys once he was out beyond the 3 mile limit.
- well, miss channing doesn't think the gays should get married.
- miss channing probably doesn't even know its saturday
- Donna Summer was VERY anti-gay. Just because she used a bunch of 'mos as suckers to make a fortune, doesn't make it any less true.
It went like this.
Donna) Disco music sucks ass. My voice is very suited to this music, that sucks ass. 'Mos like to suck ass. If I put suck ass music, with people who like to suck ass, and sing it, I'd be rich.
And thus disco was born.
She made a fortune but had no legacy because she sold out her voice, to be come queen of a musical type that, frankly sucks ass
- Wait; Chris Brown is gay?
Rihanna does what she is told to do.
- Some stars, like say Ryan Reynolds, isn't gay-hating as such, but they are flaky narcissists, so they don't give a fuck about any one other than themselves, they don't care if the participate in or encourage homophobia as long as they are flaunting their own ego.
Sorta like Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbel, who were PETA spokespersons shouting about how they'd rather go naked than wear fur, then not 6 months later walking the Paris runways in fur coats.
- Susan Hayward allegedly disliked effeminate men. But a drinking buddy in Philly once told me that when he lived in NYC in the 60s, she was working on "Mame" and she held court in some gay bar there, talking to all hours and she loved them all.
they are not comfortable. especially Jared. Who told you they are confortable about it?
- [R270] I am sure that journalist will be banned for life afterwords.
- [R251], Jensen is no longer a Jesus freak. He is now a rationalist as he called himself. So probably an Agnostic/Atheist.
- [quote]I dunno what poor Donna Summer has to do to make that anti-gay rumor go away. I think she even gave a press conference denying it.
Well for starters she could not be homophobic.
She did NOT like gays. She used them to make money off them. She hated them with all her spleen and then laughed all the way to the bank as they bought her awful disco sounds.
So what if she denied it. Ricky Martin denied being gay. I guess that means he's straight, right?
- [quote]Some stars, like say Ryan Reynolds...
The only way to end that sentence is
And the follow up sentence should be
Yes, gay... Undeniably gay
- All you dumbasses saying that no one has ever asked Jensen Ackles religious questions a convention are DELUSIONAL! Jensen is TOTALLY against abortion and gay marriage. I was THERE when he gave it away. To be fair he didn't say it outright, but he looked over at the emcee like person when someone asked about prop 8, if he was upset, and when the emcee they didn't deflect it he made up some bullshit about everybody having the right to an opinion, but it was clear. I think he claims to be okay with gays but would NEVER support gay marriage. The other one, Padalecki, he rocks. Read his Twitter. He supported gay marraigae and obama.
- UM LOL ITS FUNNY CAUSE NONE OF U HAVE PROOF AND IAN IS NOT ANTIGAY..HES PROGAY..HE HAS GAYS VERY CLOSE TO HIM..ALSO HE KISSED JAMES VANDERBEEK IN A MOVIE..THATS NOT VERY ANTI GAY
- Um What's with the all caps and total absence of sentence structure you raging fangurl!
- Mary J Blige, Ryan Seacrest, Nigel Lipton
- The old actor, Joseph Cotton (Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and a lot of old movies).
The artist partner of the poet Haart Crane, has a documentary out of his old lover. In it he states that Cotton went out of his way to humiliate him (the lover) and other gays at parties, calling them "half-men".
- Patricia Heaton is Straight, religious and PROGAY PROGAY PROGAY.
From her Wikkopedia entry:
and her family attend a Presbyterian Church, Heaton says she is still a Catholic.
 Political and social advocacy
Heaton is a consistent life ethicist and is supportive of pro-life groups and causes, opposing abortion, euthanasia, and the death penalty. Heaton's advocacy became particularly visible during the debate regarding the Terri Schiavo case. In addition, Heaton is Honorary Chair of Feminists for Life, an organization which opposes abortion and embryonic stem cell research and supports other pro-life causes on the basis of feminism.
A confirmed Republican, Heaton openly supports gay rights, and has publicly stated that she is not against gay marriage. 
- Hate Midler and Hateretha Stanklin.
- Jensen Ackles, apparently....
- I am fifty-two. At the worst part of the plague (late eighties,early nineties) Donna
Summer told at least one journalist (the context was how gay men had made-up such a large part of her fan base.)that she didn't think that was as true as had been reported.
She also said she and her church in Boston "did not believe homosexuality to be an "acceptable lifestyle"..."that god did not approve of homosexuality",that her family did not condone homosexuality"',and she had always believed she would have had the same career without us.
I'm from Boston,came out to her music ,wore-out all her records and was hurt and furious when she reveled this.
She never sold even a fraction of the records she had previous to making these
statements.Prince made similar statements about "not approving of the homosexual lifestyle a couple of years ago.What really pisses me off though,is
that neither of these cunts had the honesty of they're convictions while we were buying they're music to state these views.Fuck them both!
- Prince didn't hold these convictions when you were buying his records. He recently converted to JW and stopped playing his raunchy songs. He probably approved the hell out of cocksucking back in the day.
- Donna Summer never said anything anti-gay to a journalist. There has never been any interview produced where she ever said anti-gay remarks. She repeatedly denied it over the years.
The story goes that the anti-gay rumors were started by David Geffen in the early 80s. Donna was signed to his label at the time and they didn't get along at all so he said those things about her out of spite.
- Ok R207 & R14 explain this then: jim beaver tweeted at ther r gay crew members at spn that r loved by all! EXPLAIN THAT!!!!! Oh n wen jensen kissed jim & misha on the face!! N wen misha kissed jensens neck, jensen GENUINELY smiled!! Explain that!!!
- Chris Evans? NO. He's got an openly gay brother who is also an actor and he's very supportive.
- Jensen ackles's bro in law said on twitter that jensen isnt anti-gay! His BROTHER IN LAW!!!! So who would u all much rather believe, some random peron who just says they know some1 who knows j2 or some who ACTUALLY KNOWS THEM & SAYS THEY ARENT ANTI-GAY
- Some random peron.
- Whoa, I should take my own advice. Another try on a random peron.
- I obviously missed the 's' out on the word! But u would believe some1 who can just say that they know j2 (&cant proove it) or say that some1 that person knows, knows j2 (& cant proove it) over somebody who ACTUALLY knows them & can proove it? If so, WHY?
- Chris Isaak. Saw him at The Bottom Line in NYC with my friend, tour for his second Warner Bros. album. While introducing his single "Dancin'" he said: "Anyone who wants to come onstage and dance is welcome." My friend started to climb onstage and Chris looked down and said "I meant girls!". After we were filing out of the club at the end of the show, Chris stood by the stage with his manager and gave us the stinkeye! He sucked at the Thanksgiving Parade this year. Serves him right!
- Some people are being very stupid on here. This is why sometimes animals are better than people!
- R301 you are being very petty!! I made ONE SMALL spelling mistake!! Your just being very petty & there's no need 4 it!!!
- Dionne Warwick - Yes I said it, your diva hates you.
They did an investigation years ago during the AIDS crisis where she was raising money for the cause. Turns out she kept 80% for herself. She hid from the TV cameras behind a door when they tried to ask about where the money went.
- Yes, Dione Warwick, I remember that and she was also shilling for the Psychic Friends Network.
1993, on ABC's Day One, a primetime news magazine hosted by Forrest Sawyer, claimed that Dionne Warwick had managed to pass on only $56,000 from $2.1 million her Warwick Foundation had raised for AIDS charities from an extravagant benefit concert.
- May I just say you guys need to STOP calling people closeted. If they are not out you have no way of knowing someone is gay. Rumor is not truth.
- Seth MacFarlane, seems to be one for sure, that's if Family Guy is anything to go by.
- R300, I think you're "JenseFan" from the other thread on Ackles, the thread that calls him a homophobic douche. Regardless, you need to get over it. Ackles isn't going to come thank you with a big kiss (or a big blow job) for defending his honor on Datalounge, no matter how much you take up for him. Yes, he's hot so I get your infatuation, but he's also a registered Republican which means he isn't in favor of universal healthcare, a woman's right to choose, stem cell research, immigration, gun control and a whole host of other things that decent humans wouldn't oppose. And about the brother in law . . . do you think that he's going to say anything negative on Twitter about his wife's husband, who is an ACTOR in Hollywood? Get real. Go find someone else other than Jensen Ackles on whom to bestow your affections. I hear Chad Michael Murray is lonely.
- Family Guy is highly homophobic, but Seth's loyal atheist fans will defend it by arguing he is mocking the stereotype, which is a retarded argument, also it's not like the Family Guy's audience would be sophisticate to get that.
- R312, isn't that South Park's excuse as well? Call people fags but say it's satire, while all the frat boys eat it up.
- I always thought that r313 & r312, talk is cheap.
- [quote]also it's not like the Family Guy's audience would be sophisticate to get that.
Sweetheart Seth MacFarlane isn't sophisticate to get that, he is so vulgar and low brow.
- To R311 your stereotyping jensen!! Not all Republicans are the same!! Just because somebody votes for republican or liberal doesnt mean they share ALL the beliefs only some!!
- [quote]Donna Summer never said anything anti-gay to a journalist.
Just to an audience of mostly gay men at a beachside concert... that's all.
- Oh and one last thing R311 I feel your acting u know y jensen voted 4 republican, you DONT know y because you don't know what goes on inside his head!! So stop acting like you know!! Not all republicans are the same!!
- R300 - ALL republicans are the same. Period.
- I found this:
- Oh & this:
- He isn't racist so he not against immagrints & he hugged matt bomer who is gay so he ain't anti gay, racist & he respects women!! & don't bully me 4 standing up 4 what I believe in & defending jensen!! I'm defending him not because I think he's good looking, I'm defending him because what I've seen of him on convention vids & what other people if said about him, he seems like a nice guy! THAT'S why I'm defending him!!
- Oh look! What's this I wonder? Hmmm!
- I always defended Family Guy 'til I watched the Gay Gene episode, which was just really anti-gay and offensive.
- Isn't Seth MacFarlane gay?
- Melissa Reeves (barely famous soap star skank).
- He makes a huge deal about being straight r325.
- Is anyone buying that, R327?
I think everyone knows Seth is gay, but since he's willing to make fun of gays he's given a pass.
The Family Guy ep with the transgendered person was ridiculously offensive.
- I actually thought it was just an understood fact that Seth was gay.
- This is what Seth said about the trans gender episode
[quote]"Look, Brian happens to be a heterosexual character, as I am. If I found out that I had slept with a transsexual, I might throw up in the same way that a gay guy looks at a vagina and goes, 'Oh, my God, that's disgusting.'"
The problem with Seth is he thinks he is way more intelligent and liberal than he actually is.
- [quote] The problem with Seth is he thinks he is way more intelligent and liberal than he actually is.
That could be said about many self-professed liberals/progressive.
- [quote]The problem with Seth is he thinks he is way more intelligent and liberal than he actually is.
I agree with this. Although his humor, when it's not bigoted, does have a gay sensibility mixing high concept with low characters.
- Seth isn't liberal, he is an atheist and right now that can be confusing. Wait 20 years when atheism has develop withing mainstream society and politics. Then the difference will be apparent.
But I would think he is a misogynistic and anti-gay atheist.
- All gay porn stars.
- WENDY WILLIAMS this week on her show. She got all worked up about men who knit! Said something nasty about men who aren't masculine. HA! And all this time I thought the bitch was a transvestite.
- Well, I am a Celebrity-hating gay. So, there!
- r337 Thank You!!!!
time to start calling out the attention whores who are warping society's values. and time to call out each other for listening to those clowns.
we are so much more than we give ourselves credit for.
- [quote]WENDY WILLIAMS this week on her show. She got all worked up about men who knit! Said something nasty about men who aren't masculine. HA! And all this time I thought the bitch was a transvestite.
I never quite believed Wendy was as pro-gay as some people like to think she is. People should think twice before thinking she's so great.
- Too bad I can't get a copy of what she said so I could complain about it and call attention to this.
- I don't think Wendy Williams is a homophobe, but I think she's like gay men to be fabulous and she's like straight men to be hyper-masculine.
She also doesn't like older women dating younger men (her unsolicited dating advice to all female celebrities over like 32, is to go to europe and marry some older "count") and slut shames women constantly.
I think she can be endearing, but she's pretty much a frau.
- I can't understand why some people don't think Seth MacFarlane is anti-gay. IMO he seems a real frat boy wannabe homophobic douche.
- Are the hunks of hollywood homophobes? I mean men like Selleck, Burt Reynolds, Heston. Norris appears to be. Who are the Hollywood Homophobes?
- R344, Burt Reynolds was always supportive of homosexuals, and his very best friends included Charles Nelson Reilly and Dom Deluise. I saw him on the "Good Sex---with Dr. Ruth Westheimer" program many years ago, and a very nelly viewer called in and told Burt how much he admired him, and wished that he could be macho like him, and Burt replied that he should just be himself and be happy with who he is.
- Every gay person should be cautious of heterosexuals who claim to be gay icons or gay advocates especially when they've done next to nothing for gay people. Wendy Williams' opinion of gay people is more negative than positive. When gay celebrities come up in hot topics it's always negative like arrest not positive like getting married.
I wish more gay people would be more critical in their thinking of deciphering who is gay. Seth MacFarlane is heterosexual. He has a very typical heterosexual male mindset. In his mind, he is generous to LGBT people. Any person who perpetuates the myth that gay people, real or fictional, are out to ruin hetero-pleasantville is anti-gay.
The South Park creators, Stone and Parker, are anti-gay. Every gay character they produce is debased.
- Ice skater Michelle Kwan dated that vile anti gay crusader Christian Anschultz for three years. I don't think someone in a sport with so many gay men could date a big homophobe unless she agreed with his views.
- [quote]Seth MacFarlane is heterosexual. He has a very typical heterosexual male mindset. In his mind, he is generous to LGBT people.
Really? Maybe, but still saying I think gay people should be allowed to marry doesn't give him license to constantly mock gay people on his shows, FG's audience is teenage boys and frat boys; they don't intellectualize Family Guy, they see funny ass fags acting like women and think it's hilarious.
- I wonder if it is possible to get a copy of that particular Wendy Williams episode. If I had been in the audience, I would have had something to say about it.
- I was at a fund raising event here in NYC a year or two ago for the Hendrick-Martin Inst., which serves gay youth. Wendy Williams hosted the event and was quite supportive.
I spoke with her at the event and got no negative vibe at all.
- r351, maybe she looks down on men doing things not typically masculine. On the show in question, she was all nasty about men who knit and are seen as more feminine. I was shocked.
- Hugh Jackman's wife.
- Seems like the biggest gay-haters are some of you self-loathing posters on this thread. Hot damn you guys are in a
- What Old Hollywood celebrities were homophobic?
- [quote]Paul Walker totally lost his temper when some interviewer dared insinuate he might be gay.
Oh dear. Is a link available for that? I'd love to see it in context. What a strange thing to ask, if interviewer was just joking around he can go fuck himself.
Anyway surprisingly there are NO dedicated Paul W threads on here (Fast and Furious 5 closest), so was curious when I came across this.
He sounds like a douche there but he's cool otherwise. He must be the most anonymous Hollywood star which is astonishing considering he's the best looking. He's an object lesson on how to stay out of the limelight, I think he mocked stars who complained about privacy.
- Will Smith owns this thread. Cunt.
- Can we get a list of busted homophobe public figures???
- Glenn Campbell, Jon Voight, James Caan , Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, most former/present WWF wrestlers....
- Here's a list of homophobic public figures/celebrities I've compiled:
Guy Ritchie-Film director
Kobe Bryant-Basketball player
Mike Wallace-Basketball player
Roy Hibbert-Basketball player
Tim Hardaway-Baketball player
Brigitte Bardot-Actress/Animal rights activist
Cee Lo Green-Singer
Jay Briscoe-Pro Wreslter
Ben Stein-Conservative pundit
- [quote] I don't think Wendy Williams is a homophobe
When that pro basketball player came out, Jason Collins, and an ESPN analyst said Collins is "in open rebellion to god", they discussed it on Wendy's roundtable, and that bitch had the nerve to say the ESPN analyst was "just as brave" as Collins. It was the last time I watched her show, and also the last time I'll ever watch her show.
It's true! he IS brave. He is brave to show his backwardness. That's a plus for us!!! Yippee!!!
- Well that sure as hell isn't the way she meant it. Williams wanted to look "balanced" and not offend her backward Christian viewers, which makes her just as bad as the ESPN guy.
- R364, Are you Johan Van der Sloot? I didn't know Peruvian prisons gave Internet access.
- R44 Carol Channing? Jeezuz she's got a bloody star on the Walk of Fame in Palm Springs.
- R365 Nooppah!!!
- R367... Oh... I'm disappointed... I wanted to ask him about his micropenis.
- R68 Erh!!!
- Joe Biden?
- Simon Cowell
r360--I don't think Bill Clinton is anti gay.
Colin QUEEN??? Oh, DEAR! That's one HELL of a Freudian slip there, hon!
- R371 Mentioned already!
R374 Clinton is! See DOMA and DADT. Mutherfucker deserves to be beaten up!
- [quote]Here's a list of homophobic public figures/celebrities I've compiled:
David Cameron wants "to export gay marriage around the world".
Francis Maude had an epiphany after his gay brother died of AIDS in the early nineties and has been a supporter of gay equality ever since.
Donna Summer denied every dissing the gays.
- R376 he's saving his ass. he was against the teaching of homosexuality in schools until he needed our votes and support to be PM.
donna summer did have anti-gay views at one point.
all are guilty.
- Miles Teller
- Chuck Norris
- If Jim Brown is anti-gay, it's be cause of that Playgirl spread. Everybody who saw it has wanted some.
- Julianne Moore, seriously.
- Julianne Moore, no way. She's a Robert Altman-loving screaming liberal!
- Given the roles Julianne Moore has decided to do I have to call complete bullshit, she has played gay roles or roles in gay related dramas numerous times.
- I'm reposting the list:
Eminem-Rapper Anita Bryant-Singer Guy Ritchie-Film director 50 Cent-Rapper Kobe Bryant-Basketball player Joe Biden-Politician Rahm Emmanuel-Politician Chuck Norris-Actor Bill Clinton-Politician George Bush-Politician David Cameron-Politician Ronald Reagon-Politican Mike Wallace-Basketball player Roy Hibbert-Basketball player Donna Summer-Singer Tim Hardaway-Baketball player Brigitte Bardot-Actress/Animal rights activist Victoria Jackson-Comedienne/Activist Michele Bachmann-Politician Tracy Morgan-Comedian Chris Brown-Singer Danso Gordon-Actor Busta Rhymes-Rapper Tom Cruise-Actor James Caan-Actor Mel Gibson-Actor Rick Perry-Politician Rick Santorum-Politician Mitt Romney-Politician Brett Ratner-Director Cee Lo Green-Singer Kirk Cameron-Actor Vladimir Putin-Politician DMX-Rapper Charlie Sheen-Actor Sarah Palin-Politician Alec Baldwin-Actor Mark Wahlberg-Actor Colin Queen-Comedian John Mayer-Singer Rush Limbaugh-Conservatard Bob Hope Laura Schlesinger-"Doctor" Jay Briscoe-Pro Wreslter Jon Voight-Actor Ben Stein-Conservative pundit Francis Maude-Politician Michael Howard-Politician Brian Souter-Businessman
- R384, didn't Bush Sr. just attend a lesbian wedding with Barbara a few months ago? The couple were old friends of theirs?
And what ever came of that of photo of Anita Bryant dancing with a prominent gay-rights activist at a disco?
- R385 So? It's the trend now to be publicly pro-gay. It's all insincere.
Anita Bryant? Don't you know her history?
Anyway, read this :
Should We Forgive Bill Clinton? NO WE SHOULDN'T
BY DOUG IRELAND | So now, Bill Clinton told us this month in an opinion piece for the Washington Post, he’s against the Defense of Marriage Act he signed into law in 1996. We’re supposed to be grateful. But “the powerful odor of mendacity” (to borrow Tennessee Williams’ pungent phrase) has always hung over the ex-president, and this offensive smell permeates his anti-DOMA declaration.
When Clinton gave into the bigots and signed DOMA into law, he now writes, it was to forestall a constitutional amendment limiting marriage to a man and a woman. That’s just hogwash. In 1996, there was very little support for such a constitutional amendment in the Congress — that did not emerge until the issue of gay marriage was adopted by Karl Rove as the strategy to guarantee that George W. Bush would win the 2004 election.
DOMA is now “incompatible with the Constitution,” Clinton wrote. But DOMA was always un-constitutional — and Bill Clinton knew this when he signed it and made it the law of the land.
Did Bill apologize to gay Americans for having targeted them with DOMA’s bigotry? No.
What has changed? Public opinion has. In just five short years, there has been a tectonic shift in the country’s attitude toward marriage equality for queers. According to the Washington Post/ ABC poll, 58 percent of Americans now support same-sex marriage — a 20-point shift in just a few short years —including majorities of Catholics and blacks and Latinos. Now that nine states and the District of Columbia have legalized marriage equality, the sky hasn’t fallen and the dire predictions of its conservative opponents — that the family would be “destroyed” by allowing two men or two women to marry — have been shown to be the fantasies they always were.
With a 100-odd prominent Republicans having signed an amicus brief in the marriage equality case now in front of the Supreme Court, it has become clear that Bill Clinton was on the wrong side of history. No Democrat who opposes marriage equality can now win the presidential nomination.
And, surprise, surprise, a week after the ex-president’s op-ed, Hillary Clinton kicked off her campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination by releasing a video stating her support for marriage equality. And there you have the explanation for Bill Clinton’s reversal of position. It was all a part of clearing the decks for Hillary’s renewed candidacy for the White House.
Did Bill apologize to gay Americans for having targeted them with DOMA’s bigotry? No.
Moreover, Bill’s op ed was utterly silent about how his 1996 presidential campaign ran ads on Christian radio in the heartland and the Bible Belt boasting of how he’d signed DOMA. Bill’s re-election was never really in doubt, and he won in a landslide against the sinister Bob Dole. So the craven cynicism he displayed in signing DOMA into law was obvious at the time.
Bill signed DOMA as a pre-emptive strike against any attacks on his always-messy personal life — remember the “bimbo patrol” his ’92 campaign set up to silence or undermine revelations about his serial marriage infidelities? Remember Ms. Lewinsky and her kneepads and Bill’s cigar? (If you’ve forgotten that history, read my late friend Christopher Hitchens’ terrific 1999 book “No One Left to Lie To: The Values of the Worst Family.”)
The truth is that an old and predatory libertine like Bill couldn’t have cared less if a guy or a gal wanted to marry a Volkswagen. He wasn’t a bigot himself — he just surfed on the bigotry of others like the opportunist he’s always been. And it is that opportunism that led him to write his op-ed piece against DOMA on behalf of his wife’s candidacy.
But there is a long list of vicious actions by President Clinton and his administration for which he owes LGBT people an unadulterated apology.
But there is a long list of vicious actions by President Clinton and his administration for which he owes LGBT people an unadulterated apology.
Let’s take his betrayal of his 1992 campaign pledge to end, “with the stroke of a pen,” the ban on gays serving in the military, which helped him raise millions of gay dollars for his campaign — especially from the Hollywood crowd he liked to hang out with.
Most presidents, when they take office, have a plan on how to fulfill their campaign promises. But Bill had no plan for allowing gays to serve in uniform. And so he got rolled by the military. With Colin Powell in the lead, the generals staged what was, in effect, a silent coup d’état that throttled our tradition of civilian control over the military with a revolt of the brass hats. And Bill then did what every cynical politician does when he wants to avoid a confrontation over principle — he appointed a commission. The one that gave us Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell — which was, of course, like DOMA, the writing of bigotry into law. As I reported in a cover story for The Nation, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell unleashed a wave of persecution and violence against gays in the armed services that included murders. The blood of those victims of violence is on Bill’s hands.
Sure, Bill gave jobs to a few gay boys and girls — just enough to keep his gay campaign donors happy, but never in any positions that would have affected the daily lives of gay people.
In 1996, when ENDA — the pathetically inadequate Employment Non-Discrimination Act for gay people — came within one vote of passing the Senate, Bill and his White House didn’t lift a pinkie to help secure pro-ENDA votes. That swing vote was Senator Dale Bumpers, a Democrat from Clinton’s own home state of Arkansas, who took a walk.
And then, there was AIDS. Bill fired Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders for having championed teaching the use of condoms in the schools and advocated masturbation as a safe alternative to risky sex at a time when teenage infection rates were soaring.
In the second Clinton administration, one of my gigs was writing a column on the politics of AIDS for POZ magazine. And back then I wrote a series of columns exposing how Bill and his administration used aid and trade blackmail targeting Third World countries to stop them from buying or manufacturing cheaper, generic versions of the AIDS-fighting drugs needed to prolong life. Al Gore was the point man in this odious extortion campaign, which is why he was dogged by ACT UP in his 2000 presidential campaign. How many thousands died because Clinton, in his subservience to the greed of Big Pharma, engaged in this shameful arm-breaking? We’ll never know for sure — but their blood, too, is on Bill’s hands.
Whenever I see Bill parading around these days as a champion of the fight against AIDS, I think of those who died from the epidemic because of him. He has always reminded me of a line of Goethe’s, in “The Sorrows of Young Werther”: “Each step he takes costs the lives of a thousand poor little worms.” And my late partner, Hervé Couergou, was one of the worms crushed under the heel of Bill Clinton’s cynical opportunism.
I fell in love with Hervé shortly after I moved to France for a decade. But not long after I moved back to the US to lay the groundwork for Hervé to join me here, Bill signed a renewal of President George H.W. Bush’s executive order banning admission into this country of anyone who was HIV-positive. This obscene act of Bill Clinton’s broke up many families, including mine. And because Hervé had sero-converted, he felt the full force of Clinton’s ukase — which, I’m convinced, didn’t win the president a single vote.
After Hervé became too ill to work, I had to stay here to earn a living for both of us — and so, thanks to Bill Clinton, I was denied the right to nurse Hervé during the illness that took his life. This broke my heart. There are a number of very reliable studies that showed us that those with AIDS who had partners to take care of and comfort them lived significantly longer than those who didn’t. Thus, Bill’s executive order — which he signed before the Congress formalized the ban in law — not only deprived me of the right to take care of my sick beloved, it shortened his life. And Hervé died, alone, in a Paris hospital before I could get there to hold his hand as that dread disease took his life. As far as I’m concerned, Hervé’s blood, too, is on Bill’s hands.
If I were to run into Bill Clinton again today, I would spit in his face, not only for Hervé but for all those queers and people with AIDS, in uniform and out, whose lives were destroyed by his opportunism. He showed us no mercy, and we owe him none. He’s never apologized for his multiple assaults against us. So his forgiveness will have to come from someone other than me. And his belated anti-DOMA declaration, designed solely to burnish his image and avoid campaign problems for his wife, is just another cynical and self-serving act.
- It is true that Ann Miller once stated that there were no "pansies" in her show. But she thought she was defending her gay dancers from anti-gay sentiment that was pervasive in the nation at the time. At heart, she was not a homophobe and had many gay friends all her life.
- Has anyone noticed how Brad Pitt always speaks up for gay rights, but Angelina always stays silent? I've always found that interesting, especially since she once claimed to be bi (which I never really believed - she had a fling with that Asian model but was never with any other women).
- Seth Macfarlane seems to say I support gays then mock them relentlessly to tard frat boys.
- Phil Robertson
- Don't forget about me!
- R384 John Mayer? Isn't he pretty liberal? I always thought he'd be the kind of guy to let another guy give him a bj