- LOVE HIM!
- Wow. Courageous comments.
- Go, Tom, go!
- I think I''m going to pass out from the vapors.....
- This should make him even more popular.\
There''s a recent thread here with naked photos of his uncut cock.
- Don''t know, sounds like he''s an effeminate. DL poison!
- It''s kind of backhanded compliment, isn''t it? Attributing homosexual behavior to his wild and misspent youth and something to grow out of.
- HE IS NOW A DATALOUNGE ICON!
- Does this mean he is but one relapse away from taking it up the ass again?
- Go back and look at where this is sourced from - the Daily Mail. I suspect it''s one part misquotation, one part playing up how awful queers really are and one part sensationalising anything he actually said(if he said anything at all).
- Denial in 3 ..... 2 ...... 1
- Btw am I the only one who picked up on the fact that his "Inception" character was probably gay? Note the scene where JGL is firing a machine gun in the L.A. sequence and Tom comes up carrying a bazooka and says "You need to dream bigger, darling."
- Love him.
- When interviewed by Jonathan Ross he admitted to waking up nude next to another nude guy after a hard night of partying. I don''t think any denial is in the works.
- He has beautiful CSL. How nice to know that they did S some C.
- He is almost too good looking.
- He''s English. Of course he has been with men. Please!
- He sounds really messed up. Sorry guys. As in unstable as hell. And in that mix he says he has had sex with men? Well, is that supposed to be some sort of testimonial that makes it "okay" or "alright" to BE gay? I am not getting all the accolades for him here. Not at all.
- "Drink, drugs and crime?" "Doesn''t feel masculine but intrinsically feminine?" Yeppers, there''s a role model you want. Really puts gays in a great light there.
- It''s always something.
- "But asked if he''d ever had any sexual relations with other men, the broody actor said: ''As a boy? Of course I have. I''m an actor for ****''s sake"%0D\
Somewhere George Clooney, Tom Cruise et al are trembling.
- Experiment in progress! %0D\
First of all of course Tom you have had sexual relations with another man because I am one of them. %0D\
It was 2007 in South Wales, we ran into one another several times over the course of my stay there. We ended up finally saying "hello" near Holland Park and with no more than that we were chatting like old friends. I did take note of your smile and told you so but you were a bit shy so I left it alone. Soon we worked our way to the outskirts of Chelsea; I needed to check in with a friend and you "awkwardly" agreed to wait for me. the rest of the evening was full of laughs and slight touches on the leg and shoulder. Grabbing a black box around 1AM, I said I was done for the evening. %0D\
With great ease you leaned forward and kissed me full on the lips; while shocked i accepted and we retired at my place in Knightsbridge. Tom you are a prince full of manners and desires. I do think about you!%0D\
Posted by: True Words %0D\
Jul 28, 2010 2:14:16 PM%0D\
- Shouldn''t that read "Inception" actor Tom Hardy. Leonardo is the star. He''s no star.
- Yes, you''re right, r24. Hardy''s no star. And Leonardo''s no actor.\
So it kind of evens out.
- [quote]HE IS NOW A DATALOUNGE ICON!\
That''s all right, we''ll turn on him before you know it. No DL icon remains a favorite for long.
- I misread the OP and thought for a moment that every suburban male would be forced to re-evaluate his t-shirt wardrobe.
- I read it as "Tom Brady" at first, too.\
I''m cool either way.
- If you feel like making meaningless but feel-good statements, there are some mean-spirited comments on the Daily Mail website that need some thumbs-down votes.\
Under the Comments section at the bottom, be sure to click View All.
- [quote]No DL icon remains a favorite for long.\
Van Hansis, DL deity of deities
- Then he is not straight
- I want him inside me.
- Gorgeous man, but very vain and fucked-up. He''s an admitted former alcoholic and crack addict.
- [quote]A lot of gay men get my thing for shoes.\
Oh for fuck''s sake.
- Just give American men a six-pack, an accent, and an attitude and they''ll fling their heels over their ears for you.
Jude Law and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
- I don''t get his thing for shoes but I certainly get his thing for dick.
- Tom and Laurence Fox both show their cocks in the shower scene in "Colditz".
- SORRY guys, Daily Mail did some editing:%0D
So has he ever had any gay flings? %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CAs a boy? Of course I have. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m an actor for fuck%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s sake. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m an artist. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve played with everything and everyone,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D he tantalisingly told Attitude magazine before going on to disappoint his queer fans. %0D
%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CBut I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m not into men sexually. I love the form and the physicality but the gay sex bit does nothing for me. In the same way as a wet vagina would turn someone else into a lemon sucking freak. To me it just doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t compute now I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m into my 30s and it doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t do it for me and I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m done experimenting.%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D%0D
So has he gone all the way in his queer phase? %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CNot all but I can imagine. We%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve all got an arsehole and I can imagine. It just doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t do it for me, sex with another man. But there%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s plenty of stuff in a relationship with another man, especially gay men that I need in my life. A lot of gay men get my thing for shoes. I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t think I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m metrosexual but I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m definitely my mother%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s son. I have definite feminine qualities and lot of gay men are incredibly masculine.%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D%0D
Sorry, shoe thing? What%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s that about? %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CIt%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s a fetish. I Love classic, elegant women%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s shoes. I find them incredibly sexy,%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D he told Attitude.%0D
- It''s still pretty bold of him to say he was with guys when he was younger. 99% of actors wouldn''t say that.
- Ever since I read Tess of the D''Urbervilles, I knew Miss Thing liked the pole.
- Could you imagine an American actor admitting something like this? This shows how the British actors are a different breed.
- Most members of the British establishment tasted dick at some point during their boarding school years.
- Tom Hardy has been around FOREVER. I remember seeing him years ago in the Almeida production of The Celebration - when he was banging his wife on stage, if you had the right seat you got a full frontal. He''s never kept it a secret that he''s got a big cock and it is beautiful.%0D\
He''s played around forever in London.
- "if you had the right seat you got a full frontal. He''s never kept it a secret that he''s got a big cock and it is beautiful."\
Describe it in detail, please.
- There are almost 1000 comments to this article on ONTD:
- This is a big cock?
- Those tattoos make him so ugly.
- Yes, R46. That''s a decent size. Stop judging by porn standards.\
And shut up about the tattoos, R47. Most of those were for a role.
- [quote]Most of those were for a role.%0D\
Thanks. That''s good to know. His ink was even worse than David Beckham''s. I hope it all washed off. %0D
- Do you think that comment at Towleroad is true? It''s certainly very detailed and I can imagine it happening.%0D\
And, yes, I noticed that Hardy seemed to give a gay spin to his character in Inception (really, he and Marion Cotillard gave the only great performances in the film).
- Poor thing. She''s confused.
- Love him..if he is able to break through to real american stardom, the ''gay curse'' in hollywood may finally start to be lifted. Huge kudos for saying what no other major actor has been willing to admit. I know me and my closeted actor peers will be watching his career VERY closely. Here''s hoping to run into him at the LA Soho House late one night on the balcony.
b list hollywood actor for real
Did you read r38?
- R53...did you read R23? Just his easy admission of sexual relations with other men is the crack in the closet door needed to encourage other male actors that its no big deal to admit to the homosex.
b list hollywood actor for real
- I read that he has praise for ''Star Trek'' but not "Nemesis". I wonder how much of a struggle his duel sexuality was on the set.
- Alarmingly, he''s just signed to star opposite Chris Pine in an action comedy.
- I hope he doesn''t have a Tim Roth/Gary Oldman type career.
- So was this is a harmless interview doctored to appear as though it was an admission?\
Or is he getting this out there because he knows someone is going to blab to the papers and he wants to deflect that impact?
- "he''s just signed to star opposite Chris Pine"\
A jealous Zachary Quinto
- The producers of Mad Max must be pissed.
- Why, R61?
- Loved him as the gay "Handsome Bob" in the movie "RocknRolla"
- picks myself up from the floor after laughing at 
- "But I''m not into men sexually. I love the form and the physicality but the gay sex bit does nothing for me."%0D\
Why would Mad Max producers be pissed?
- "I love the form and the physicality"\
Wonder what he means by this?
- [quote]Wonder what he means by this?\
He appreciates the aesthetics of the male body, just as a straight artist might.
- I wonder what his fiance thinks,most women I know are uncomfortable with bi guys.
- Guys talking about male beauty & admiring mens bodies is text book closet behaviour,this guy says he feels feminine....
- He''s just pissed off alot of actors! especially%0D\
those who only did drama at school "for the girls"
Tom H''s next fling
- He was super creepy as Heathcliff. He can do creepy very well.\
And man, he has probably the most precious lips an actor could have.\
Seems to have no bullshit attitude, but it will be interesting if he''ll still be this outspoken when Hollywood has its claws in his back for a longer period of time.
- I wonder if this will effect Mad Max I don''t think straight Mel Gibson fans(yes they do still exist unfortunately,I heard I guy defending him at work today.) will like this,was he was drunk or just British.
- Or maybe he''s had enough sex with guys that, with his new higher profile as a result of Inception, he''s worried one of them will blab to the tabloids. And he''s trying to head this off by making this admission now.
- Thirty two? Really? That''s a very hard looking thirty two.
- Just what I was thinking 
- "72" works at Walmart
- "A lot of gay men are incredibly masculine"%0D\
- he''s an actor
- F*** I turn 30 next week am I going to stop this experimenting
Soon to be loving the wimin''s
- The experiment is over but: "there''s plenty of stuff in relationship with a man especially a gay man,that I need in my life"%0D\
The fundies are eating this up!%0D\
This is so he will be free to be seen with his %0D\
- It''s just like I said men need male bonding they didn''t get from daddy their not gay they just wen''t down the wrong path,you can change just like Tom did,it''s never too late.
- There''s this picture of him linked in an earlier post where he''s wearing an orange trucker cap, has his green t-shirt hiked up around his shoulders and is leering into the camera as he takes a picture of himself. Does anyone know if it was a parody of a myspace photo for a movie or was it a private pic?
- I don''t know why people are happy about this between the crime & drugs and denial this guy sounds like a self loathing prick.I bet he was openly gay in the past & the fiance is a beard.%0D\
There couldn''t be any other explation for his sudden honesty,his ex was probably blackmailing%0D\
him or something,just another former gay to me%0D\
- Didn''t Gerard Butler say something similar only to recant later.This interview will become a myth I bet his people are probably writing a denial as I type.
- R83 apparently Tom said all this when he was promoting Guy Ritchie''s RockNRolla 2009 (whole interview at link). And form the interview it sound like the kid with the ex-girlfriend was an accidental pregnancy. Bi and bi-curious men really do exist.
- boy, if tattoos are thought tacky, what must one make of an actor''s tattoo that pays tribute to an agent?
- "He%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s wearing a red flannel shirt that%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s covering up his famous tattoos (%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CLaugh now, cry later%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D on his chest, a tribute to his agent on his arm), and a pair of scruffy jeans."%0D\
How sweet is that?
- He is uncut, that put me off
Of course, some on DL are going to scream because this doesn''t jive with their parochial, traditional, dichotomy-driven sex of sexual identity.\
But because of the younger generation, people like Lady Gaga and Tom Hardy, maybe some day we will look back on all that crap as something primordial.\
Still, I have to wonder..... what the fuck is his thing for shoes?
- R89, do have to read R23 and R38.
- R89, you have to read R23 and R38.
- Yeah, I think it''s courageous (for lack of a better word) for him to admit it, but it''s also kind of like a "duh?" statement. OF COURSE men in the arts fuck around with guys. Men fuck around with guys, period, but I think it''s more probable (by virtue of availability) in the arts than in other professions. It''s common sense -- and why I marvel at all these people that act shocked at the possibility Clooney/Damon et al. have had their cock sucked by a man. OF COURSE THEY HAVE. So what?
- r57, how could that be alarming? It sounds delicious.
- I was waiting for this thread DL. This is the best way to deal with the issue in mu opinion, by acknowledging it without turning it into a spectacle. Good for him.
- R94, acknowledging what? %0D\
That he did some hanky-panky with boys, but he''s straight and wants just heterosexual sex?
- R95, there''s nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Christ, how many queers have slept with women in their youth, and then decided they just want queer sex?
- [R96] ftw!
- R96, no one said that''s wrong, I just wanted to know what you''re talking about becuse I don''t see how a bit of sexual experimenting could be turned into a spectacle.
- [quote]because this doesn''t jive with their parochial, traditional, dichotomy-driven sex of sexual identity.\
- Bisexual men do exist, and he may actually be one of them. The pain in associating with any given bisexual man is that it takes a few months to know whether he is a gay man slowly coming to terms with his sexuality, a gay man rejecting his sexuality, an alcoholic or druggie straight, or part of that very small proportion of men whose affectional and sexual orientations are truly bisexual.
The Truth - Yeah, I Said It
- I hate it when people say "jive," when they mean "gibe."
- Will bi-sexuality be woven into the new Mad Max character?%0D\
THAT would be hot.
- "Bisexual men do exist, and he may actually be one of them."%0D\
He''s lying about being straight? That''s not nice.
- Maybe he should just fuck himself.
- Oh dear. We again have to explain to R46 that men''s penises grow when erect.
- "Huge kudos for saying what no other major actor has been willing to admit."\
Rupert E. and Ian McC.
- In what culture is Sir Ian McKellen not a major actor? I''m delighted to read this about Tom Hardy (whom I''d never heard of before), but ... really.
- Hmmm, r23''s copied post could be total fiction but there''s an air of the genuine about it too.%0D\
Should it be true, then for Tom to say he''s not experimented with men in his 30s and the poster saying they certainly did uh, ''experiment'' only three years ago makes Tom a liar, albeit tempered with an admission of being more open about male sexuality than probably anyone yet ever has been. %0D\
His original words were rough and ready and not particularly complimentary I don''t think. %0D\
He could be a total closet case who needs to het up for the roles he must take and the persona he has to take on. Or he might just like living dangerously and enjoy lying ot ''tretching the truth'' a little, especially now he''s supposed to be engaged (he left his previous woman high and dry for this one).%0D\
Nobody who looks and acts like that has done with men, I don''t care what he says. He''ll be back. %0D\
- He appeared last season in a play at the Goodman in Chicago. He starts off the play nude and he has a very nice size dick. He also has a lot of tattoos. But, more importantly, there were a lot of rumors at the theatre that Mr. Hardy was having a fling with one of the understudies...a male understudy.
Lies. I highly doubt he had sex with any man. This is just a ploy to look cool, edgey, hyper-sexual and open-minded. He then goes on to say that he''s not masculine but really is soft/ feminine inside. Very cliche. I happened to watch a segment of a MTV show the other day of a high school class going through group therapy. What do you know the football jock tells everyone that he''s really not the masculine/bully/meathead people think he is but really is a teddy bear inside. Lastly, he goes to the heterosexual standby "compliment" for gay men that we are stylish which means his experience is limited or non-existant with gay men.
- It''s a play for female fans.%0D\
He''s trying to be the un-Mel.%0D\
Remember he''s about to appear in "Mad Max," a franchise very closely associated with wife-beater Gibson.
The interview is from Nov/Dec 2009. He hadn''t got Mad Max yet.
- Well then, maybe that''s why he got it.
- The girls on ONTD are totally wetting their panties at the prospect of his bisexuality, so R111 may have a small point.%0D\
That being said, I do think he probably played around with guys at some point... He has all the characteristics and mannerisms of the insecure mostly straight guy who fools around during his 20''s, and then goes on to enter a pseudo-bohemian marriage with an equally ''adventurous'' woman.
Yeah, I''m A Little Bitter
- ONTD girls are reading Daily Mail version of the interview, it is clear that Tom Hardy wants to be seen as a STRAIGHT man:%0D\
Q: Have you ever had any sexual relations with men?%0D\
A: As a boy? Of course I have. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m an actor for *beep*%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s sake. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m an artist. I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve played with everything and everyone. But I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m not into men sexually. I love the form and the physicality but the gay sex bit does nothing for me. In the same way as a wet vagina would turn someone else into a lemon-sucking freak. To me it just doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t compute now I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m into my 30s and it doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t do it for me and I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m done experimenting.%0D\
Q: Have you done it all?%0D\
A: Not all but I can imagine. We%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve all got an *** and I can imagine. It just doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t do it for me, sex with another man. %0D\
- "all the characteristics and mannerisms"\
- Oh No They Didn''t (ONTD)
- did i mention that tom''s my roommate?
OP of the i just jizzed on my sleeping roommate thread (still think i''m nuts?)
- It sounds like you need a link to iVillage, R116.
- Ooh and Tom is lucky, apparently Chris Pine shares his love of shoes. He can pick out Louboutins on sight.\
Chances they''ll hook up while they''re filming?
- I saw him in a film years ago (pre-Bronson), where he showed his ass, and like a crack of sunlight, suddenly analingus seemed like a fun idea.
- You took the butt right outta my mouth, R123.
The "I''d Lick His Shitter" Troll
- Yeah, right.\
You''ve got to be kidding me.
- Maybe because he is becoming a bigger name his publicist is trying to downplay the impact of old interviews.
- "He starts off the play nude and he has a very nice size dick."\
Describe it, please.
- Well those broads at ONTD aren''t having it, R126
- "He is uncut, that put me off"\
Fuck off, pro-circ troll.
- That''s incredibly disappointing. I''m so sick of denials, backpeddling, "taken out of context" bullshit. Tom, you said it, now own it, don''t deny it. Even if it''s in your past and your comitted to a woman now, own it so that it can help break down barriers for the next guy.
- "You''ve got to be kidding me."\
No surprise, actually. I was thinking about this as I was reading all about his nonchalance over his early gay experiences. It was appearing everywhere on the Internet, even discussed on A. Sullivan''s website (which frequently has stories about the end of gay culture).\
When I read all this, I thought, "When is he going to walk this story back?"\
Had to happen.
- Fuck off, anti-circ troll.
- Sorry, R132, but you lose. As you can see, Tom is uncut and so are the majority of men in the world. I know that bothers you, but it''s time to get over it.
- r133, I sincerely hope you die a painful, agonizing, lingering death. Soon.
- You''ve just proven how deranged you are, pro-circ troll.
- I may be deranged, but at least I have a pretty penis!
- Could we please ban the pro- AND anti-circumcision trolls? You''re both deranged.
- R130, I don''t think it''s Tom per se...probably his publicist.\
They are more afraid than he is...this dude is sitting at home with his kid, he''s probably not even thinking about this
- There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread.\
Do you not believe Attitude Magazine exists or something?!
- Unsurprising that a male star is treated as being so precious by his handlers that they cannot bear for him to just outright say what''s on his mind.%0D\
Welcome to the Hollywood-ized version of the world Tom Hardy, from now on you have to watch what you say! Yes sir. No offending Mrs Jerry Blue Buckwinkle Snr in Bumtowne, Missouri, now!
- "He appeared last season in a play at the Goodman in Chicago. He starts off the play nude and he has a very nice size dick. He also has a lot of tattoos. But, more importantly, there were a lot of rumors at the theatre that Mr. Hardy was having a fling with one of the understudies...a male understudy."%0D\
Can believe this.
- I''m dubious about the account at R23. South Wales? Why would someone bump into him there a few times and then suddenly meet again in London? And Holland Park isn''t near Chelsea. It reads more like someone is stringing together the few locations they''ve heard of in London.
- Does Holland Park NEED to be near Chelsea? He said they ''worked their way back to Chelsea'' suggesting some distance. And why wouldn''t Tom Hardy be in Wales at some stage? He''s filmed in Scotland, Northern Ireland and South Africa in that year so why wouldn''t he be in Wales at some point? Maybe he has family there? %0D\
Not saying it''s true but you seem to be nitpicking fine detail about things that could simply be actors traveling around places on projects, promo or for personal reasons.
- Welsh connection for Tom Hardy?:%0D\
- "He starts off the play nude and he has a very nice size dick."\
Describe it, please.
- [quote]''As a boy? Of course I have%0D\
He had sex with men when he was a boy? Really? Is this normal activity for men and kids in Britain?
- He probably means when he was a teenager/early twenties; using "when I was a boy" was probably just an off-the-cuff remark to mean "when I was younger".
- Not necessarily, he says in the attitude article\
[quote] I love the form and the physicality but the gay sex bit does nothing for me. In the same way as a wet vagina would turn someone else into a lemon-sucking freak.\
In other words, no bum fun/oral. Probably at most wanked off his mate.
- What R147 said. Just means when he was younger - teens/early 20s.\
Is it true he retacted the statement?
- Americans. You''re all so sick with homophobia it''s sad. He gets away with this in the UK because nobody cares. In the States, it''s a career killer. Speaks volumes about the larger society.%0D\
It''s so sad how obsessed the U.S. is with homosexuality.
- He''swhat, 30? I doubt he considers his early 20s his boyhood. He probably means when he was around 12/13.
- Late teens then R151. It''s a really vague statement. If I were using it idiomatically it''d mean 15/16 ish, not as young as 13.
- No. 29 Black Pegasus %0D\
This is Old News Ladies%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%A6%0D\
I had Sex with him during the filming of INCEPTION%0D\
- I ain''t lying.%0D
- Wow, a link to Queerty. I think I''ll click it.
- Is he really replacing Sam Worthington in "This Means War"?
- r110 is cheating on us, DataLounge. The same comment is posted at the Queerty link, No. 23.
- I guess Tom''s team of street cleaners is out in force r156.
- He admits he had a crack problem years ago and he remarked that, at that time, he would have sold his mother for a bag of crack. \
Given his comments last week, this could mean he fucked around w guys when high.
- Now he''s rescinding his comments, saying he was talking about a character, not himself.
- R159 Link?
- r160: from Ted Casablanca at E!:%0D
Tom Hardy Source: Sex Quotes Taken "Out of Context" %0D
Could the bisexual double standard be coming to an end? Ya know, that it's totally ok (even encouraged) for a chick like Anna Paquin to swing both ways, but that no dude in H'wood would ever says he's dabbled in same-sex sex?%0D
We were hopeful when it was reported that a rising T-town hunk, Inception's Tom Hardy, was speaking out about some "experimenting" in his past, helping to balance the bisexual seesaw between the ladies (Megan Fox, Lindsay Lohan, etc.) and the gentlemen (uh, can you think of one?).%0D
But we got our hopes up for nothing, because it seems Hardy isn't as carefree and confident in his sexuality as we were led to believe:%0D
First, let's hear what Tom supposedly dished: The Daily Mail quoted him as proudly saying that he's had sexual relations with another guy. "As a boy? Of course I have. I'm an actor for f--k's sake," Tom (who's now engaged to Charlotte Riley) gabbed before going on to reveal: "I've played with everything and everyone."%0D
And hell, if we didn't love the badass Brit before, he definitely had our attention now. And it got better, as Tom, as the site quotes, smashed a stereotype that plagues the minds of all the DL dudes in T-town:%0D
"I have definite feminine qualities, and a lot of gay men are incredibly masculine," Tom explained, emphasizing a point that people naively seem to buy into. And we said hell yes! Don't you think Toothy & Co. would be less concerned about being out and proud if they didn't worry that their action hero potential would be replaced with roles as Carrie's gay BF in the next Sex & The City installment?%0D
But it seems Tom Hardy wasn't as willing to speak out as we thought%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94or, at least, he's not liking the headlines his off-hand comments made.%0D
"It's all taken out of context," a source close to the rising star claimed after we asked about the article. Hmmm, we don't doubt that The Daily Mail likes to embellish occasionally, but how exactly were that many quotes misrepresented?%0D
"He was discussing a gay role and quotes coming from the character," the same person defends.%0D
Last time we checked IMDb, the only gay role Tom played was in RocknRolla opposite Gerard Butler. And he wasn't playing an actor; he was playing a mobster.%0D
So disappointing. Isn't this the time to own those brave and fearless quotes about sexuality instead of blaming it all on the messenger messing things up?%0D
Such a shame. We have a feeling Tom's relaxed %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%98tude about the situation wouldn't have hurt his stud-factor one bit. You think others in Camp Tom felt the opposite?
- Remember when Neil Patrick Harris'' people were all "No, he''s not gay," and then the next day NPH was like, "Yeah, I am."?
- Yeah, r162, I''m hoping the same thing happens here.
- Don''t get your hopes up.
- All actors are gay now
- "He''s what, 30?"\
33 next month.
- I honestly don''t think Tom Hardy cares. I think the people close to him care and I think the studio execs care how he presents himself to America and that''s why this is happening.%0D\
These quotes were actually from last year so they''re not even new. He got away with saying that months ago to no ovation in the UK until Inception and America came along, and now suddenly he or someone near to him has to back peddle furiously.%0D\
I think it tells us more about the industry than the individual.
- Some stars say what they want and afterwards his or her PR team is doing the damage control.\
Remember Jared Leto coming out that was retracted afterwards?\
That happens when a star and his or her PR machinery do not communicate (= PR briefing their client what he should say and what NOT to say) on a regular basis.
- [quote]helping to balance the bisexual seesaw between the ladies (Megan Fox, Lindsay Lohan, etc.)\
Megan has never touched another woman in her life and Lohan was too drugged out to even remember if she and Sam actually did anything!!!!
- I wouldn''t be surprised if his PR team are knowingly stoking the fire of this story. \
The "in character" angle is just to five the story more legs.
- to give. not "to five"
- "I wouldn''t be surprised if his PR team are knowingly stoking the fire of this story. "\
Why would they want to do that?
- Because no one in America knew about him or cared who he was until then.
- I have no clue who he is or what Inception is. A movie I presume but I haven''t heard of it.
- But usually in America, PR people don''t want actors involved in "gay" scandals, R173
- Nothing new to add. But here''s a nice picture.
- You''d think, with his growing popularity, there would be lots of past sexual flings of Tom''s who''d sell their story to the mags.%0D\
Sadly, there''s only the one guy on Towleroad who wrote something about them.
- Not everyone who has sex with a celebrity comes forward, you know. Gay or straight. Otherwise there would be thousands of stories every day about every celebrity under the sun.
- Unfortunately you''re right, R179. %0D\
It''s not, that I wish this kind of outing on anyone. But, if more people told their stories, then it would be this much harder, especially for closet cases, to pretend AND the public would have to acknowledge the fact, that there are far more gay actors, politicians and others in real life.
- Well I for one wouldn''t want to live in a society like that, R180, though you do have a point. I think people who sell these kiss-and-tell stories are very trashy and, on the whole, are probably desperate attention-whores.
- Well, the guy from Towleroad - if you believe his story - didn''t seem desperate or whoring for attention or even trashy. Assuming it''s true, it actually sounded like a sweet memory of a wonderful evening.
- Well, but this part of the quote is what I keep waiting and waiting for every actor to say, and to hell with the context, I think it''s an amazing quote, and now I am going to go see his stupid movie, which I''d been avoiding:\
"Of course I have. I''m an actor for ****''s sake."\
If only all the rest of them motherfuckers would say, "Of course I''ve had sex with everyone, I''m an actor for fuck''s sake."\
Because we all know that being an actor is a separate sexual category. Lesbian Gay Straight Bi Transgendered Questioning Actor.
- As others in this thread have said, it''s hardly a ringing endorsement for us gays...%0D\
"Yes, I''ve fucked men, but now I''m all grown up, I prefer shagging the fish"...
- He didn''t say that though. He makes it quite clear he''s not into male genitals (the lemon-sucking freak comment). So he''s tossed someone off. Big deal.
- I agree with r182.%0D\
Btw, someone on another site said Tom Hardy used to post on his MySpace, Facebook and on his own IMDB board all the time, chatting away with people but as soon as he joined the CAA crew that all stopped.%0D\
I don''t know if that is true, or WHO in fact reps him, but the quote appeared on a fangirl site and was posted by a rather annoyed-sounding fangirl who thought the agency had silenced his jolly rambles.
- Did a bit of digging and Hardy is indeed repped by Creative Nazis of America:
- Tom Hardy: A bi-curious star is born%0D
The "Inception" actor's revelations about same-sex dabbling suggest a shift in our attitudes about male sexuality %0D
Tom Hardy has a two-year-old daughter by an ex-girlfriend. He's engaged to marry his "Wuthering Heights" costar Charlotte Riley. And when asked if he'd ever had sex with men, the "Inception" star will cheerfully, unabashedly say, "As a boy? Of course I have. I'm an actor for fuck's sake. I've played with everything and everyone." Ladies and gentleman, a new kind of star is born.%0D
Coming from a hot female starlet, a seemingly effortless admission of same-sex dabbling wouldn't just be par for the course, it'd practically be a ticket to the cover of Maxim. Fergie says she's had "a lot of fun" with women. Megan Fox talks about her crushes on strippers. Lady Gaga writes "Poker Face" about her Sapphic experiences, and dating Samantha Ronson becomes the most interesting Lindsay Lohan has done in the last five years. Ooh, tell us again about that time you were in bed with a girl, ladies. Don't leave out any details. Are there pictures?%0D
But for a dude to be even suspected of taking a walk on the wild side has traditionally been a potential career-killer. What are blind items for, if not to chronicle the alleged homosexual dalliances of our heartthrobs? For prominent men to admit having had -- and thoroughly enjoyed -- gay experiences is something we've rarely seen since the height of glam rock. Yet Hardy %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%93 who played a gay mobster in "RocknRolla" %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%93 is discovering that frankness hasn't damned him to an immediate punt from the hot-young-thing list. In fact, his star has risen exponentially since a revealing 2008 interview in the gay magazine Attitude was picked up late last month in the UK Daily Mail. The appreciative delight with which the revelation has been met may perhaps best be summed up by the online commenter who cheered, in classic British fashion, "Phwoooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr."
- Brits, please translate "Phwoooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr."
- Phowar = "hawt"
It''s Nice To Travel and Learn
- "It''s Nice To Travel and Learn"%0D\
Keep it classy, Cheryl.
- [quote]Coming from a hot female starlet, a seemingly effortless admission of same-sex dabbling wouldn''t just be par for the course, it''d practically be a ticket to the cover of Maxim. Fergie says she''s had "a lot of fun" with women. Megan Fox talks about her crushes on strippers. Lady Gaga writes "Poker Face" about her Sapphic experiences, and dating Samantha Ronson becomes the most interesting Lindsay Lohan has done in the last five years. Ooh, tell us again about that time you were in bed with a girl, ladies. Don''t leave out any details. Are there pictures?\
I hate women like them.
- Pssh, I''m a woman and I find bisexual men so hot. If most women weren''t so sexually selfish, they would too.
- The point being though it''s somehow ''acceptable'' for women to be bisexual. But not men.%0D\
And a bisexual star was hardly born when Hardy went straight back in (predictably) after the US press got hold of it (not though when it was first printed in a lowly UK mag last year before the US had heard of him). %0D\
Told you CAA have his back (and collar) by now.
- Tom Hardy finally admits to "messing" around with men bun not going all the way with a man.
- Those lips of his were meant to slurp a penis.
- [quote]Btw, someone on another site said Tom Hardy used to post on his MySpace, Facebook and on his own IMDB board all the time, chatting away with people but as soon as he joined the CAA crew that all stopped. I don't know if that is true,
- r195 I wonder how far he has gone "messing" around.
- Famous Brits seem to all be bi in their youth, het after 30. Bowie, Hardy, Stefani's husband, etc.
- Forgot to add Tom Robinson "Glad To Be Gay" songwriter, rebel & formerly gay guy has been in a monogamous relationship with a female for decades. He still considers himself "bi" even though he hasn't been with or thought about men in literally 4 or 5 decades.
And then there's the gay Brit fakes like Brett Anderson of Suede. Not gay, never was, has always been straight.
- Give him a cunt and call it a day.
- So in a few years Robert Pattinson will be "Straight" and no longer bi.
- r202 Rob's not bi,your just jealous of his talent.
- His ears are very distracting
- link please 195
- [quote]I wonder how far he has gone "messing" around.
Well, he said he woke up bleeding from the ass, so I'd say he was fucked hard, probably more than once.
- His later semi-retraction/denial was hilarious. He spelt it out in the most graphic terms as if he was toying with us.
- Didn't he just break up with his long-suffering longtime fiancee?
- Dear Datalounge,
Tom Hardy is not a star in the U.S. and most of the films where he has co-starred as a leading man (as opposed to ensemble player like in "Inception") have tanked. Even the ones where his performances were celebrated, like "Locke." He is widely regarded as the worst part of "The Dark Knight Rises." Maybe he has received as much acclaim and success as his talent warrants.
However, since this is Datalounge I must ask. In 2008, Hardy was a potential leading man (with Hollywood's coveted Euro pedigree, no less) who openly admitted to past homosexual activity and stated that his hyper-masculinity may be an overcompensation for his inner feminine and love of shoes. Did this admission hurt his career?
- [quote]He is widely regarded as the worst part of "The Dark Knight Rises."
Where? In your dreams?
- I an a huge Tom Hardy fan but I don't think he is leading man material. He is a mainstream character actor, character roles where he can transform himself is what he loves. He tried romantic lead in This is War, but it's not a good fit.
I think the roles he gravitates towards and his inability to bullshit and play the Hollywood suck up gang is what keeps him from breaking out over here.
In the scheme of things, and all the actors out there, Tom Hardy is most assuredly a star. You don't get it. And just trying to drum up an old thread. The dude is hot, rich, famous, and fucks whoever he wants.
- Thank you so very kindly, r209.
- [quote] In the scheme of things, and all the actors out there, Tom Hardy is most assuredly a star. You don't get it. And just trying to drum up an old thread. The dude is hot, rich, famous, and fucks whoever he wants.
WTF???!!! It was an old comment in an old thread. My question is NEW. Why do you care if it bumps an old thread? I could have started a new thread but why?
I suppose "star" could be a matter of opinion to some. Most recognize it entails some name recognition and measurable success as a performer -- either commercially or by accolade. Hardy has little name recognition and no accolades (in the US). Matt Bomer (!) is more likely a star than Tom Hardy.
Hardy openly stated that he had homosexual relationships and the question is whether it has impacted his career.
- [quote]Matt Bomer (!) is more likely a star than Tom Hardy.
"Inception", "This Means War", "The Dark Knight Rises" cast as the lead in the new Mad Max movie etc
Tom Hardy is a very successful actor who is in demand and has played big roles in popular movies.
Matt Bomer is a actor from USA network show and has done little outside of that.
- This picture never gets old
- You're kidding, right r215? Bomer has instant name recognition and an Emmy nomination for "The Normal Heart." I am not making a case for him as a star, I don't care about Bomer. He was just an example of someone with the media profile closer to that of a 'star' than Hardy.
Also, Hardy was deep in the ensemble of "Inception" and unrecognizable in "Dark Knight." His co-stars in those films -- DiCaprio, Gordon-Levitt, Oscar winners Hathaway, Cotillard and Bale -- are all indisputably "stars." The movies he has top-lined have not generated any interest. He was 3rd billed in "This Means War", which also flopped.
Is this because he admitted that he experimented with homosexuality as a young actor?
- R209 according to the British media he's a huge sought after star in the US but then again it's the same British media that claim that James Corden has cracked America and was being tipped for an Oscar nomination for one chance LMFAO.
- To answer the question at hand- I don't think his admission had an impact on his career. He's still in demand and has been attached to Mad Max 4 that had a lot of production problems- which may be a reason he's not in 20 movies a year. He's sexy, a good actor, and has Chris Nolan on his side. He's fine. Now, Matt Bomer on the other hand it cute and good actor, but there's something very wooden about him that I think will prevent him from being the next huge star. He'll always work but I don't think he bigger than what he is now.
- ...and he has another new movie coming out called, The Drop. Hardy's fine.
- The only reason I know who Matt Bomer is is because of this place. I still wouldn't be able to pick him out of a lineup. He's not exactly a household name... Tom Hardy, on the other hand - even my mother knows who he is.
- Playing at just 829 theaters "The Drop" did much better than expected.
Which good for Hardy, I haven't seen it yet but apparently he is fantastic in this.
- Without DL, I never would have heard of Tom Hardy or Max Bomer.
Even outside of DL now that I know their names, I still never hear of them.
- Lots of rumors flying that he's back on crack.
- Oh no, thats so sad if true.
- Yeah but which crack?
- I still find his tats a turn-off to totally liking him, sorry.
- He is absolutely brilliant in Peaky Blinders. I haven't heard about his return to crack but I have heard that he has been cheating on his new wife.
- Great actor. Hope he gets his addictions under control.
- The crack rumor is straight off the Legend set.
Cheating with men r230?
He couldn't find a wife that would be comfortable with him sleeping around? What a shame.
- He's sexy. Shame if he's back on drugs
- R230 I had no idea that he was in Peaky Blinders! I started to watch the 1st episode but didn't finish it. I'll definitely have to watch it now.
I hope he's not on drugs. He's a brilliant actor. I hope I don't have to put him on my deathwatch list for next year.
- R232 I have heard from more than one source that he has been having an affair with Noomi Rapace.
- I loved those nude selfpics he took years ago.
- Too bad that he crawled back to the closet.
- Don't know who he is, and after reading posts in this thread, don't care.
- He is good in Peaky Blinders, but the revelations in that show are Ciilian Murphy, Sam Neill, Helen McCrory, and best of all, Cillian Murphy. He is the real deal. He gives me chills, and that is rare now.
Tom Hardy has a baby? He seems brooding and drugs exacerbate that behavior. Seems uncomfortable with fame. Hits people, but a lot of them do. Children.
- Nice article and great new photos of Tom and his dog.
- "Don't know who he is, and after reading posts in this thread, don't care."
And your complete lack of knowledge or interest in worldwide released films makes us crave your astute opinion so much less.
- He was great in ''Locke''.
- why so many posts about hardy lately?
bumping old threads
- English men I tell you, they think they got something on Julia Roberts
- r 244, see photos at r241 link to answer your question.