- Benedict Cumberbatch? Sounds like some sort of southern breakfast entree made with eggs and cornbread.
- OP someone on another thread posted about this and they were told to STFU and GTFO because nobody here is interested in UK stuff. Just so you know. %0D\
Back to thread 5000 about Mel Gibson beating up another GF.
- "Bite it... You''ve got to bite it"%0D\
He was good as the asshole Paul Marshall in "Atonement"%0D\
And really funny in "Starter for 10"
- STFU and GTFO because nobody here is interested in UK stuff, OP.
- I thought it was a really good start. A clever updating without losing any of the traditional elements. BC isn''t hard on the eye either.
- Just watched it - the new BBC Sherlock series. Its terrific, you can keep the Guy/Downey/Law version. Benedict has been making waves for a while now, he''s the latest hot new English actor ... following on from Jeremy Northam (whatever happened to him) and Tom Hollander, also ''big'' again now with his "Rev" series.%0D\
- [quote]Benedict Cumberbatch\
This cannot possibly be a real name.
- "This cannot possibly be a real name"\
Have none of you people ever been anywhere? Travelled abroad? No?
- I wonder if BBC America will pick it up.
- He''s had quite a following for a while now. He''s very good. %0D\
He has a quiet appeal. Sort of like a less handsome Paul Bettany.
- Oh my. \
Narrow-minded American here.\
I just watched the Sherlock DVD. Benedict Cumberbatch needs to have his ass in the air in my parlor RIGHT NOW.\
I''d teach that asexual Sherlock bitch some manners.
- r12, what is that shot from? Did he do full-frontal in something?
- Any guy who describes his own name as "something that sounds like a fart in the bath" is all right in my book. \
I like him. He comes off like a cool guy in real life.
- Is he uncut?
- I like Martin Freeman better
fuck a Jim Halpert
- You''d have to ask his girlfriend, R15, who btw is the actress who played the secretary in The Blind Banker. \
I didn''t realize till after Sherlock that he dyed his hair black for it. He''s red-haired in real life.
- I love Sherlock. He''s got that ugly-sexy thing going on.
- Ugh, he''s a ginger? Pass. I''m surprised he hasn''t been stoned to death in the UK.
- [quote]Have none of you people ever been anywhere? Travelled abroad? No?%0D\
Who has to travel to hear that name? It sounds like it''s from a Agatha Christie novel.
- So, so fug.
- Oh, I don''t know, R21. Sometimes those types of men grow into their looks and become quite handsome in their 40s and 50s. I think he is very interesting looking.
- Hello, I''m the lesbian love child of Clay Aiken and Melissa Sue Anderson.\
- With so many pretty boys coming out of Hollywood, I appreciate seeing some actors with a bit of character in their looks.
- He and the girlfriend broke up. It was a ten year relationship.
- He is currently appearing at the National Theatre in FRANKENSTEIN where he alternates the roles of the monster and Dr. Frankenstein When he plays the monster, he spends the first 12 minutes of the play completely naked so expect some photos to start popping up soon.%0D\
BTW its a complete sellout. Impossible to get tkts.
- Just saw a broadcast of this tonight in NJ, and it was fantastic. We were supposed to get the JLM as the Creature/BC as Victor version, but they showed BC as the Creature.\
Oh, but you won''t get the nudity for the NT Live viewings: they''re in skivvies that are supposed to look like bandages to cover up their bits. Still amazing.
- He did an impeccable impression of Alan Rickman on one of the French & Saunders Christmas radio shows.
- R26, do you know anyone who is going? Make sure someone gets a photo or description of his cock and report back here!
- His mother is Wanda Ventham.%0D\
Wanda Ventham and Benedict Cumberbatch. JK Rowling could have made those names up.
- I agree r27. I saw it at BAM here in Brooklyn, with BC as the monster and he was fucking phenomenal. Great actor. And that body!! Very sexy.
- His cock was quite small, but it was a cold and wet Friday night when I saw Frankenstein. I was worried about him dragging himself around on the stage - I hope the stage is completely splinter proof.%0D\
A friend of mine stayed in the same hotel as him in Morocco last year. Very nice man on all accounts, polite and friendly to those who recognised him, and an accomplished surfer.
- His mother Wanda Ventham is in several episodes of the original "Doctor Who" series. Check out "Image of the Fendahl".\
So for those who say him naked, is he uncut?
- More hilariously unusual names: Justin Timberlake, Bruce Springsteen, Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington, Zachary Quinto.
- Saw the play, excellent. \
The Cumbercock is on the wee side, comes to a narrowed point so I''m imagining uncut. It reminded me of those canned Vienna sausages.\
Not so good seats and would have felt like a creeper if I brought opera glasses to peer at his bits.\
Balls compact and round.\
An ass to die for, as anyone who has seen "To The Ends Of The Earth" can attest to. (See photographic proof.)
- For those lucky enough to have tickets (like gold dust now) Benedict and Johnny Lee Miller are playing in Frankenstein in London - and they alternate the roles of the monster and the doctor each night - they both appear stark naked for about 15 minutes when the monster is created and awakens ... its a smash hit! obviously.
- Having seen Cumberbatch in the altogether at the National I regret to announce that if he lay down naked in a forest clearing a squirrel might mistake his manhood for an acorn and bury it.\
I have no doubt the cool air conditioning didn''t help, what with stage nerves and other stresses. Maybe a grower, not a shower?
- Does he shave his cumberbatch?
- It''s so sparse and ginger, it might as well be shaved.
- Could we now have a report on Jonny Lee Miller''s cock, please?
- I saw Frankenstein last week, third row on the left hand side (if you''ve seen the play you know what that means). JLM was playing the monster. His cock is thick but short. Very athletic butt. There''s a scene where he gets wet in the rain (using a rain machine) and shakes his butt cheeks wildly to dry off. Jesus. I saw Frankenstein earlier in the run, and BC was supposed to be playing the Monster, but he was off sick so JLM took that role and the understudy Victor. But I was on the balcony that time so I couldn''t see much.\
Is Cumberbatch wearing a wig for Victor or is that rubbish hair his own? (It''s not rubbish because it''s ginger btw, it''s just not good hair.)
- [quote] Benedict Cumberbatch? Sounds like some sort of southern breakfast entree made with eggs and cornbread.\
That''s funny and really strange. The very first thought I had when I read his name was "Mmmmm cornbread."
- This whole thread proves that my fellow Americans are a bunch of superficial idiots. \
Seeing Frankenstein on Saturday, will report back. Not sure show is in the lineup, they don''t announce it before...
- They do, the lineup for each show was posted on the NT website, if you want to know ahead of time.
- There are some woefully ignorant commenting on this thread. It''s no wonder the U.S is loathed by so many different countries.
- "There are some woefully ignorant commenting"\
- r45 bumps up a dead thread just to post that drivel.
- Since R45 did bump this thread, I might as well ask: did anyone here see Benedict naked on stage earlier this year as the Frankenstein monster?\
If so, post descriptions of his cock.
- He was recently photographed leaving a movie with Liv Tyler.
- Benedict Cumberbatch has the loosest facial skin I've ever seen on a human being.
- [quote]Hence a sexually ambiguous Holmes:
You can't have seen much of the series. He's explicitly homosexual. This causes Watson some discomfort.
- His ex-girlfriend looks terrifyingly plain, sounds incredibly castrating and dresses like a grandma who doesn't know any better. (Giant white leather hobo bag to a premiere? Seriously?) I read somewhere that he cheated on her with some woman he was in a play with, and she had no idea even though he did nothing to hide it, which made everything so much more awkward for the rest of the cast because she used to come see him very often. I know her looking like a bag lady doesn't justify his cheating but, damn, it makes the whole story so much more believable. I wonder if it's true.
- So hot:
- He's fucking amazing in STAR TREK. The kind of performance that lifts the whole movie every time he appears.
- "Well apparently cumberbatch is a cheater. Had a friend who worked on a play with him in London, pre his sherlock holmes fame, and he carried on a very obvious affair with the leading lady while his clueless girlfriend would come and often come in to see the play to cast and crews embarassement.. So i dont know who is the biggest douchebag of the two…"
It was a comment on celebitchy (they're talking about Chris Pine being a controlling psycho vs Benedict Cumberbatch)
- He looks like the inside of an Alabama tree.
- [quote]He looks like the inside of an Alabama tree.
I have no idea what this means and yet... I understand.
- I love his alien cat face. I guess there are no grey areas with Cumby, you either love him or hate him.
- He ain't got not alibi.
- The internet fangirls adore him because he seems attainable and had a homely LT girlfriend.
Well babies, he seems to date models now.
- NO alibi.
- Like cilantro, R60
- He's so sexy to me. I refuse to try to understand it. I'll just let it be.
- He should have been drowned at birth
- R52, Holmes was decidely heterosexual in season 2.
- His Frankenstein was a thing of wonder! Just otherworldly.
- [quote]He's so sexy to me. I refuse to try to understand it. I'll just let it be.
[quote]He should have been drowned at birth
- His ugliness can be seen from space
- I just want to read nasty NASTY gossip about him.
- Seriously though, does anyone have any good gossip on him? I know one of his neighbors was spying on him last year and posting the goings on in his house on twitter. I wonder what she got to see..
Gotta say it's a little off putting to see a guy date a girl for 10+ years who is your typical cute girl next door. Then he gets a little fame and next thing you know it seems that all he wants to do is date models and socialites. Then he blathers on about how he wants to get married and have babies.. Newsflash Cumby, a 20 year old model isn't going to put her life on hold just to pop out a kid for a 36 year old guy whose career is most likely going to slow down in the next few years. But then again, if you are suddenly able to get a class of woman to look at you now when they would have passed right by you years ago, go for it..
I feel like after his breakup he might have gone through a promiscuous stage. I know some people have come out of the woodwork lately that knew him back when. They post stories and old pics about him online. Anyone got any stories bout how he is in bed? That's something I'd love to hear!
- He looks much better in person than photos, especially on Letterman. So he's not photogenic. BFD
- R73 is my Cumby soulmate.
As far as I know she left him, and it was quite a shock to him, he didn't see it coming. (read that in one of his interviews so I might me wrong)
I don't understand British women, it's as if the whole country is full of square-jawed, man-faced feminists and the ones who look slightly better and don't sound as castrating become famous for nothing. So for me Cumberbatch suddenly dating models and not homely girl next doors is not so shocking.
- anyone? zero gossip? seriously?
- This guy can't seriously be that squeaky clean..
- r75, here's the story of Ben and Olivia's breakup per my Cumberbatch sister:
He'd been dating her since his first year of college. Then, as his career started really taking off and his sexual options started really opening up, i.e., he got a chance to get with Patty Heart's hot model daughter, and instead of screwing around on Olivia he went to her and told her he wanted to be free and see other people.
- It's weird but his face looks like a dinosaur's face.
- Benedict Humperdink is overexposed, and so far overrated. He has yet to turn in a performance that has lived up to the ridiculous amount of projects he's gotten. I haven't seen Star Trek yet, so possibly that will change the trend, but I'm not particularly hopeful. The recent "Parade's" whatever with the similarly overrated Rebecca Hall was disastrous.
That face is a lot to get around, it's a mess. He's a character actor who is being miscast as leading man because of the hype. That won't last long.
I do like his voice.
- This guy doesn't interest me - those who become ridiculously obsessed with him fascinate me.
- My straight friend is someone who is fascinated. Star Trek was my first exposure to him and I have to be counted among those who just don't get it.
- Actually, he looks better in Star Trek than he does in most anything I have seen him in.
His attraction really isn't hard to explain, in terms of women.
Women are a sucker for things like a great voice, intelligence and the accent. Plus, in interviews he comes across like a nice enough guy.
His face is a bit odd, but it is interesting at least and yes, he is talented. Actually if he had a chin implant, he would be much better looking. Most of his facial issues are because he has that "Frank Burns" chin. His eyes are a bit odd, but in an interesting way. But his recessive chin throws the whole damn face off.
- Chin or no chin I'd climb him like a tree. Too bad he doesn't have that I'll pound you into oblivion aura Hiddleston has.
- It's no great mystery -- it's the voice that gets those tumblrs creaming.
Besides Atonement, I've only really seen him in Sherlock, and he acts a great huge walloping ham in it.
- [quote]His eyes are a bit odd, but in an interesting way
Interesting in that they look like the eyes of a 6 week old fetus, and his skin is almost as translucent as one.
- Oh come on, yeah the guy just looks weird, has a fivehead and no chin but he's great at his job. I just saw a bootleg version of Danny Boyle's Frankenstein and it was so spectacularly bad, he was the only good thing in it.
- R81 I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Rebecca Hall is COMPLETELY overrated and suddenly she's all over the place. It gives me hope as an actor to see such average people to get so much hype, I feel like I only have to find the right person to fuck. Cumberbatch and Fatface Wannop were terribly miscast.
- He's good for phone sex, that's about it.
- He has the nuttiest fangurls alive, as they thread amply demonstrates.
- He looks like a Grey.
- This is [R73] again. From what I've heard, the first time Cumby and Olivia broke up, she was the one that dumped him and he was blindsided by it. They were apart for a year or two then reunited. I don't know who was responsible for the second breakup but I remember a couple months prior he did an interview where he basically said that they both wanted children but not necessarily with each other. I thought that was kind of cold. I dont think he ever screwed around on her or anything, he just seems way too loyal for that. Maybe she knew that Ben wasn't what she wanted and that made him angry or maybe as he got more famous he realized that he was getting attention from women that wouldn't look twice at him before. What man wouldn't love having his ego stroked like that?
After his breakup with Olivia he did date a cute brunette fashion designer for a year. I think he really did want a serious relationship. After that ended is where things seemed to go wrong and he ended up dating vacant eyed, slack jawed Lydia Hearst. I don't really have anything against her but I feel like Cumby could do better than a "model/actress/fashion designer" who is actually just a bored socialite thats waiting for her trust fund to mature. I feel like he should be with a more dynamic and intelligent woman.
From what I've seen his friends are all very loyal to him and are really close lipped about talking about his private life. Maybe as he gets more well known there will be more people that are willing to step up and talk about what he's like behind closed doors.
You're just asking to be repeatedly slapped.
- I find him fascinating. He is the first of his generation to really aspire to be a great actor.
- What the what??? I typed a long response that disappeared. Ugh...
The gist -- Friend of a friend claims he's a functional alcoholic with a tendency to throw fits, but mostly just hyperfocused/hyperactive (classic ADHD). Also says he's a bit particular and neurotic, so all that rumored sexual currency rarely leads to much beyond an obvious ego stroke (eg, Lydia Hearst).
All unsubstantiated rumors and possibly lies, but that's what I've got.
- [quote]he's a functional alcoholic
Makes sense since he looks like a FAS baby.
- Oh, yeah, he's classic ADHD. Cannot stop moving and fidgeting.
First time I've seen alcoholism mentioned but given how prevalent heavy drinking is in the UK I'm not surprised. Also the fact that he smokes correlates with drinking.
- He aged so prematurely I was sure he had some sort of addiction, alcohol fits the bill perfectly.
- 96: Probably not lies. Most of the things you said correlate with interviews he's done.
There was even one floating around on YouTube where he was drunk at a red carpet event (even said so himself) but was still pretty coherent.
- Oh, God. We've already suffered one Amy Winehouse. When will this end? The British isles are becoming as bad as Russia or an Indian reservation. Maybe they've strayed too far from The Creator's Will? They've got to be searching for something to fill a profoundly empty hole in their souls. If he tweets, tell him you're praying for him or that Jesus loves him. It may make all the difference in the world, you never know...
- The only thing that matters is that BC is a great actor.
- R96 here...I'm going to ignore the (hopefully) sarcastic diatribe at r101 and respond to r99 by saying the aging is what started the conversation with my friend. I already knew about the volatility and the demanding personality, but one day I made a comment that Benedict had seemingly aged 10 years overnight. The weight fluctuations, chain smoking, and stress seemed insufficient to tell the whole story. That's when my friend relayed the info about the heavy drinking, which apparently has gotten infinitely worse since he's been single.
Again, I'm not able to personally confirm, but it fits the data.
- Well at the Spencer Hart fashion show he did last summer he admitted to downing a few before he hit the runway because he was so nervous. Considering said neuroticism that must happen a hell of a lot.
- I honestly thought the rapid aging could be more attributable to his schedule. It's insane!! Movies, promotion, shooting Sherlock, stage roles, doing readings for audiobooks, and now it looks like with all that he is producing and starring in an indie movie written by one of his close friends.. The guy just never stops.
A lot of people were saying that he looked very thin and tired during promo for Star Trek and he really did. He also sounded like he was coming down with a cold. I don't think alcohol is to blame but it really does seem that maybe he overworks himself professionally to overcompensate for not having what he really wants (a family of his own). I bet that if he met the right woman he would settle down and stop trying to work himself into an early grave.
- Agree on the workaholic thing.
- The weight fluctuations are to some extent deliberate since he diets himself down to skeletal thinness for filming "Sherlock" episodes. He's normally fit-slender but not as skinny as that.
- "I bet that if he met the right woman he would settle down and stop trying to work himself into an early grave."
He needs to embrace his inner Johnlock and offer his bottom for loving penetration by Martin Freeman.
- \treply 101
- watch his Frankenstein performance.That's all I ever saw him do and it was enough to make me love him. Also that he's a water sign.
- Hello R103, its R99, I vaguely remember reading a blind item about this up and coming male star who was rising to fame but got too heavily involved with drugs and stuff. People guessed it was Tom Hiddleston but the writer said "No but very close" Maybe that was about Ben C. Weight fluctuations might be for Sherlock but he doesn't look emaciated except for his face. I see coke bloat + wino nose in his future.
PS: It's so funny to watch him act embarrassed to say Cumberbitches and blabber about feminism then his inner Cumberbatch suddenly starts bleeding at the corners and he blurts out he'd fuck Zoe Saldana, kill Chris Pine and marry Spock because "he would know how to do the ironing, things would be in order, it would be a neat tidy household". And then there is the "you have a wife to keep in good clothes" thing he said to JLM about Elementary and how during his first scene in Tinker Tailor he said "you look old" to Gary Oldman "infront of his beautiful beautiful wife".
He's way too traditional, I wonder why he even bothers with 'Cumberbitches set back feminism' thing, it must be good publicity. He still seems like the kind of guy who would his wife to stay at home and look after the kids.
- sorry about the typos and missing words, Cumby got me all excited woo hoooooo
- He's definitely one of the best actors currently on the scene and given his proven talents and work ethic should have a long and successful career ahead of him, providing us with TONS of gossip.
- R111, It's called a PR strategy. I don't subscribe to the vast publicity conspiracies that often get propagated on sites like these, but even the most basic PR wisdom would dictate a change in strategy after all the blow-back Ben received this past summer from his more uncensored opinions. His team is very aware that most of his momentum has been generated by fans (like R105) who believe he just needs the right woman to give him his real dream. Again, people who know him (second hand to me) say that's mostly bollocks. He's career first all day every day.
And just for shits and giggles, I'm going to speculate wildly that he's using some sort of stimulant to keep up his current pace. Maybe not coke on a regular basis, but possibly something like Adderall. Just sayin'.
- I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that Cumby scores highly on the autism/asperger's curve as well.
- [R111] Doubt it was Benedict myself. He was raised by 2 actors and knew from an early age how quick it is for someone to go from being on top to being a nobody. It's something he's clearly paranoid about.
I have no doubt that he's got his own issues but he's driven to be in the entertainment business for the long run. As far as I can tell, what he's been picking and choosing lately will, as the cliched media has said "shoot him into the stratosphere". I'm sure he's aware that getting into heavy drugs would be a really stupid at this moment in time.
- R116 Again.
R114: If anything, Benedict NEEDS Adderall! He's always talking about how hyperactive he was as a kid, and it's clear that he's still that way now. He's constantly wiggling and fidgeting. It's really distracting when he's on talk shows.
- Abrams wasted a real opportunity to make Khan as much of a chesty hunk as Montalban managed with the role back in 1982. I remember the buzz was all about whether Montalban was wearing a prosthetic chest and Ricardo had to keep bashfully baring his pecs to prove that indeed it was his own flesh and blood chest.
- Where were his American Cumberbitches at the ST box office? This one made less than the first one, and that was 3 or 4 years ago.
- Fantastic actor.
- The movie hasn't made as much $$ as the first because the studio has done a shit job promoting it. They changed the release date and didn't even do anything to let people know. The director of the damn thing was on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart said the wrong release date in front of him and the dude didn't even bother to correct him!
- I really like his Sherlock & Khan.
Isn't functional alcoholism a myth?
- BC drinks as all Brits do, nothing to worry about.
- I don't care how much he drinks, he's sexy as hell and I'd make him beg for mercy
- When talking about filming the second series of Sherlock, BC had talked about how, in preparing to play SH, he not only watches his diet, but swims and does Bikram yoga.
He probably had to work extra hard to get rid of the bulk he added for ST this time, which seems to me to leave little room for heavy drinking; I imagine even the simplest yoga would be impossible drunk (child and corpse poses don't count).
- R124, I see what you did there.
- He's got a very sexy voice, and he clearly got into fantastic shape for Star Trek: Into Darkness.
That being said, he is not conventionally handsome in the least.
And the freak who keeps referring to him here as "Cumby" (yuck) deserves to be seriously bitchslapped.
- Agree on "he's not conventionally handsome" and that's why I like him. I'm really fed up with pretty boys who can't act.
- He has what I call "unbaked cookie" face. Looks like he needed another 5 minutes in the oven to crisp him up.
- I just got back from seeing him in Star Trek and his ass is amazing! Completely worth the price of 3D admission. His face may be unique but I think he's gorgeous! Plus that voice!
- There's something about him I like. He's sexy if not gorgeous. I take the point re: the recessed chin, but I never noticed it.
When I see him in motion I shall decide.. oh wait he was in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, he caught my eye. A lot seem to think he's hideous, oh well.
- I didn't like the way he looked in Tinker Tailor I think he looks best in Sherlock or when he is just being Benedict. Although I gotta admit that he is looking aged lately. He really needs to take some time off..
- Glad to see this thread has picked up recently and loving all the gossip and discussion. Although I wish Star Trek had done better at the box office, especially in America, BC came out of it smelling like a rose with glowing reviews. And it looks like 2013 is definitely his year so tracking all his projects should be fun. I'm especially looking forward to the upcoming but yet to be filmed Turing and Epstein biopics.
- I really wish that he had time in his schedule to bring Frankenstein to Broadway. The previews for it looked amazing and all the critics raved about it. Plus I'd have no problems waiting outside the theater door for a chance to meet him. I've heard he is going to be doing Hamlet on stage this year but sadly he'll be doing it in London. He's said NY is like his second home, lol I wish he'd spend more time here.
- Isn't functional alcoholism a myth?
Not at all.
There's a secret AA subgroup for airline pilots. Another for M.D.s. I belonged to an AA group whose members included the chief of surgery at the largest hospital in the area, the chief of staff at a teaching hospital, the richest businessman in the city, a number of other doctors, dentists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, nurses and college professors. All of these people had been drinking and drugging throughout their careers.
There's a surprisingly high incidence of addiction among those who perform very delicate surgery, such as cardiothoracics and neurosurgery.
Anesthesiologists probably don't surprise anybody, because some of them like to sample their wares.
- R135 is a jeaulous fellow actor. Get over it, you'll bever be as good and talented as BC...
- Um, what? R135 didn't sound jealous to me. They were just stating facts...
- My point is that maybe they're stating facts but NOT related to BC.
- r119, the only American Cumberbitches so far are the ones who watch "Sherlock" on PBS--not a big enough demographic to affect box office on a major motion picture.
We'll see if the rollout of high-profile projects featuring Benedict this year starting with STID and culminating with the Julian Assange pic and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" will result in his putting more asses in seats.
- Was his 12 yr GF a beard? Why are there no rumours about him with anyone?
His tumblrbitches like to think that he's still stuck on his homely ex.
- There have been tons of rumors about him last year because apparently the Daily Mail thinks every woman he goes to an event with is someone he's fucking. They've mentioned some Russian model, Liv Tyler, Lara Pulver... Hell, even his PA (who is his niece) was rumored to be someone he was dating when they were seen together.
I did read on Celebitchy thathe used to be friends-with-benefits with Alice Eve at some point (they've known eachother for quite a while so who knows when that was).
- Since Western Europeans tend these days to shack up rather than marry (especially in showbiz--viz. Benedict's "Sherlock" costar Martin Freeman, his girlfriend Amanda Abbington, and their two children), you might say Ben's liaison with Olivia Poulet was a starter marriage. He's not the first careerist who started out with a spouse that was a good match for him on looks and temperament, then dumped her when he was successful enough to attract better arm candy.
- On the upside for Olivia, she's probably the last woman that Benedict will have ever had time to actually pay attention to and have something approaching an actual relationship with. She had him when he was at his youngest, cutest, and most unspoiled. And she isn't the one who'll be stuck raising his entitled brats.
- R143 just made my head and eyes ache. You can count on DL to ruin a good mood!
- He looks like a lizard but I would still raise his entitled lizard-prince brats and coming from a long line of alcoholics I definitely wouldn't mind his drinking. He can be my lizard king. Dear BC, if you're reading this, this is my proposal. Buy a giant diamond ring and wait for my next message. Ignore this if you're still pining after the bag lady. That's such a boner killer.
- I'm probably saying WAY too much here, but:
Olivia dumped him a bunch of times over their relationship because he's a workaholic. He would cancel plans all the time to work.
She was the person who dumped him the final time. All the new stuff he was signing for meant they'd never see each other, so she was pissed. She has a decent stage career in the UK, so she couldn't just fly everywhere to see him unless she wanted to give up her career.
Ben was upset too because she seemed supportive and then told him she thought she could do it but couldn't. He thought they were getting married. His house remodel is, ironically, based on a design scheme they did together.
That's why the split was labeled by both of them as "mutual". Their life goals became completely incompatible. And both of them were naturally upset, so it bleed into interviews around that time. They both felt jilted for entirely different reasons.
Seeing his schedule, I can totally believe the workaholic thing.
Yep. And with him growing up with his parents both being apart a lot and being fine, he just didn't realize that not everyone is okay with that lifestyle.
To be fair to the both of them, Olivia did really think she could handle it or get used to it initially. But his schedule just got worse and worse.
- R146, not too much at all. Keep the dirt coming! This is good stuff.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with his next serious relationship given that he doesn't seem to be any less of a workaholic these days. In fact, it seems like he's taking on even more work, which makes sense given how much his profile has risen lately with the Sherlock/Star Trek Into Darkness combo. Clearly, the spectre of his parents often struggling careers still looms and he's likely extremely reluctant to turn opportunities down.
- R146 so he really might be pining after her after all this time. That's just heartbreaking.
- Do you have any newer news on him R146? Is he seeing anyone at this time?
- He filmed scenes at my university a few weeks ago, very odd looking man.
He's gone on the odd dates and such, but no, he's single and aware his current lifestyle doesn't allow for much more than that.
Ben's not willing to slow down, work is first, so he's being realistic about it.
- Is he really going to do Hamlet? That is a mindfuck of a role. Why put yourself through it?
- His shower scene was deleted from the final edit of Into Darkness.
- So how exactly is he planning to find a woman and have babies by 40 if he is busy all the time working? Or is his whole "I want a family to talk about in interviews" thing a PR move to get more female fans? He seriously looks like he's working himself into an early grave...
- Benedict absoluely loves children. If there's kids on set in a film he's working on he's usually the one keeping them entertained during down time. His face also lights up so much when he talks about his godchildren in interviews. Definitely not a PR move.
- A man can have children whenever he wants, it's not like he's gonna go into menopause, he'll find a young wife in her late 20s when he crosses the 40 mark and he'll be just fine.
[quote]Is he really going to do Hamlet? That is a mindfuck of a role. Why put yourself through it?
Because it's a huge test, a rite of passage, a badge of honour, and a great role. As Olivier, Mark Rylance, Simon Russell-Beale, Ben Whishaw, Jude Law and Michael Sheen, among others, would attest. (Off topic, but Hiddleston is sure to have a crack one day.)
I really hope BC does it, and if Sherlockians leave any space I'll certainly go.
- He could have kids right now, without changing his schedule, but only if he marries a gold-digger who'd rather shop than spend time with him.
But what kind of person wants kids, if he's planning to spend their entire childhood working 14-hour days? Better wait until he's home enough to learn their names.
- I don't think he needs to marry a gold digger.. I'd have his babies in a heartbeat. Hopefully once he gets his personal life in order he'll slow down a bit. It seems like he needs an independent woman who can be as flexible as his career demands..
- Does anybody know if I can find "Frankenstein" online somewhere? There's no DVD, right?
- As far as I know it was never put on DVD which is sad, I would love to see it in its entirety. You can find short clips on YouTube if you look really really hard but that is about it.. Is there any mention of Johnny and Benedict bringing Frankenstein to Broadway? I would be so down to see that!
- The National Theatre purposely do not release anything on DVD - they want people to experience it in the cinema, if they can't see the theatre version. Probably there is a more genuine reason, like paying people for the effort etc etc
- Damn, I hope they re-release it in theaters then. I wanna see it soooo bad! Or get JLM and Cumberbatch off their asses to re-do it on Broadway. This needs to happen!
- (@ 162 and 164)
Actually, the NT wanted to release Frankenstein. They put out a release saying it wasn't going to happen because the artists wouldn't sign the releases.
It turned out Jonny Lee Miller didn't want it on DVD because it would take away from the experience. Cumberbatch was okay with a DVD release because a lot of fans didn't get to see it because of travel or money restrictions. They both had valid points, honestly.
Yes, they both have valid points. But TBH I really would have liked to see this pièce, even if not in the "optimal conditions".
- Not wanting to release Frankenstein on DVD is kind of a douchenozzle move on JLM's part. There are so many people that want to see it and the production company would stand to make a great profit off of it. I've heard recently that Benedict may be doing Hamlet on stage soon, but sadly it would be in England. Dammit, London always gets all the luck!
- Theatre is about more than profit. Preserving the beauty of a live production is far more important than marketing it to a huge audience.
I completely agree with both of them.
- So much ugly that guy...
- The important thing is that he is a great actor, one of the best.
- No, he's not ugly at all. Attractiveness and beauty is entirely subjective and ugly is a vile word.
I happen to think he's stunningly beautiful. He's got wonderful features. And apart from anything else, he's a very sweet and kind man.
- I would follow Benedict on twitter if he had an account but he doesn't. Happily, Mark Gattiss sometimes posts info or a pic of Ben on the Sherlock set.
- He's not beautiful, he's actually borderline ugly, but he's charismatic enough to carry off his unique face.
He certainly blew cute Chris Pine off the screen in the Trek movie.
- Benedict is kinda cute.
I like him better as a blonde.
- 174- congratulations on completely missing the point.
He is actually rather beautiful, indeed.
'Boderline ugly' ...WTF does that even mean?
- Spare us the fucking fangirl brigade.
- Oh piss off. I have a compliment and I'm a 'fan girl'? Jesus.
What made you decide I was a girl for a start?
- Then nix the high dudgeon when someone doesn't think your widdums is the most beautiful thing since Caravaggio, r178.
- OK, We've established you're something of a dick, but nevertheless..
I was actually talking in broader terms. Beauty and it's subjectivity.. It really wasn't a rampant rally cry because someone has disagreed with my definition of attractiveness. It was a general disagreement about calling people out as 'ugly' in terms of absolutes. Cumberbatch served as an example here.
I'm a fan of his theatre work and no I'm not a girl. But other than that... Spot on.
- He's wasting his time pursuing pushy broads. I'd be the perfect fuck buddy for Benedict. Break a date. Stay out of the country for months at a time. Who the hell cares? Surely there is the straight equivalent of a friend with benefits who doesn't need what a man is incapable of giving.
- I thought the "mind" behind the ugly comment was one ot those idiotic teenagers who are dissing BC on ONTD.
- I hope someone on the Sherlock set will tell Benedict that he doesn't need to lose any more weight for the role. He is plenty thin enough now.
- Well he's done with Sherlock for the moment (they're on a break because Martin Freeman has to do more work for the Hobbit) so hopefully he won't have to worry about dieting for a while.
- anybody know who his date was to queens garden party? (can you even bring a date to queens garden party?)
- Considering no one was flipping out about a mysterious woman being with a confirmed bachelor, I don't know if she was necessarily a date.
- I finally saw ST:ID yesterday, it's surprising how little screentime he has!! His only palpable scene lasted about 3 minutes and he knocked it out of the park and was amazing in it but all his other scenes were bits and pieces of max 20 seconds, most shot from far or in a crowd so you barely see him. His total screentime is barely 10 minutes!!
I don't know what I expected but their whole marketing strategy revolved around him and his character and him being barely in the film is kind of disappointing.
- R186 he went to a bunch of high profile premiers with Alice Eve a few months ago and no one batted an eyelash. I think most people don't really care enough to speculate over who he is dating..
On a different note, I was watching a few of his movies recently and he is a really awkward kisser.. I don't know if it was nerves or maybe he just doesn't know how to use those amazing lips of his, but wow was it a disappointment. Anyone else notice this?
They played a short film about the making of Frankenstein before the film and that's the reason they gave for not releasing it (or any NT performances).
- 188 (I do not know how to link sorry), I honestly thought they would because paps were basically on the hood of his car when he left the cinema with a blonde who turned out to be his niece.
Yes he is a little awkward except in The Last Enemy. I'm sure it's different in real life.
- Alice Eve seems like the kind of person who would be really nice and sweet and kind to your face when you're with your boyfriend and say shit like "oh he's like a brother to me" but the second you turn your back she'd fuck his brains out.
- She has like Scarlett Johansson's "I'll seem like your husbands best friend and ruin your entire relationship slowly" vibe.
- What on earth has Alice Eve got to do with this thread?
- Never heard of him or seen him before I went to see Star Trek. Benedict Cumberbatch is the best thing about it. Electrifying presence and performance. I'll be following him from now on. And a sparse ginger cumbersnatch with an uncut cock? Come to me my beamish boy.
Agree. BC and Zachary Quinto were much better than the others.
- Yes R195 Zachary Quinto was good too.
- Holmes was always sexually ambiguous and Downey plays him gay.
- He's ugly as sin, what's his appeal?
- He's a very good actor.
- I've been seeing pictures of him for awhile and didn't get the appeal, until I saw him move and speak. Dear God. After that, I can't see him as fug. He'll age really well, like Roger Waters.
- He's not as scrawny as I thought though. There were pictures released of that short film he's working on....This was from a couple of days ago.
- R201 he has such a thick muscular neck, so sexy.
- I love him. He's a great actor. And that voice!
- Apparently he's shooting another movie called Magik while waiting for Martin Freeman to finish Hobbit so they can move on to Sherlock S3E3 and it's not the one he shoots with his friends. Whatever this guy is on, I WANT IT. I NEED IT. I barely made it out of bed today, I lack the energy to even shower and this bastard doesn't make me feel any better about myself.
- He's definitely a workaholic.
- He just got done doing some voice work for National Geographic and now he is in Greece promoting Sherlock. Next thing I think he is going to start filming the Turing biopic. At this point I think he honestly prefers work and is blowing smoke about the whole "I wanna be a dad!" thing. Just watching his schedule is making me tired.
- But somewhat on that note, he was looking FINE while he was in Greece....A tan really does do wonders but hopefully he sunscreened up....
- Wow he sure tans nicely for an almost see through pasty white fella. R207 is right though, if I was ageing half as fast as him I would move to Alaska to avoid the sun let alone frolicking on a beach. He can redeem this careless behaviour by calling the paparazzi when he's about to go topless again.
- [ r 207] any pic links for Greece?
-  Here. I'm sure you can search around for more.
- In Star Trek, he has the better body of all of the actors. Tall and naturally buff-looking in the right places.
He looks better when he's casual and contemporary. In period pieces, he looks stuffy and his lack of chin or jaw seems more prominent. But he's got a mesmerizing presence onscreen.
- I believe he is dating Alice Eve.
No, he is most certainly NOT dating Alice Eve. She posted a pic of him while they, along with hundreds of thousands of others, were at Glastonbury.
Why do these barmy fans insist in coming to these batshit conclusions every time they see a male and female in each others' company.
- RME @ you r214. She posted the pic from the festival and also one from what looks like a private residence (he went home with her after the fest, perhaps?). I think it's pretty safe to say that you know that he is "most certainly NOT dating Alice Eve" about as much as r213 knows he is. In other words, neither of you know, and I'd say the evidence points more toward "they are" than "they aren't." Makes sense they would get together. She's thirsty and his cup is currently running over. Besides, they've known each other for years, so no surprises.
- Dear Lord. What a bizarre post. What exactly would be the 'evidence' that points towards them being together.. Do enlighten me.
And yes, I am sure he is not dating her.
And no, that pic was not from a private residence, it was from backstage at Glastonbury.
Thirdly, why would knowing someone for years, make it likely that you would get together with them?
- Why is he always being compared to animals?
- Sorry, who?
- He was with her brother in several pictures and she wasn't around. I always assumed they were casually banging ever since they were papped leaving several events together and she gave that awkward interview with Simon Pegg but hanging out with family? Sorry R214 I think you are wrong.
- Well, I'm sorry you think I'm wrong. But I'm not. Just because you've assumed something, it doesn't make it fact. Y'know..it's is entirely normal and commonplace for male and female friends to go to events together. Ben has many female friends, who he does just that with.
And as for 'several pictures with her brother' they were all from the same moment. And what does that prove anyway? He was with many different people over the course of the festival.
And I don't see how that interview with Simon Pegg was remotely awkward.
- , it was awkward because she and Simon were basically eye-fucking and the interviewer seriously wants to bang Cumberbatch so she was asking questions and Simon basically told her how he was an awkward being off-camera. She asked Alice if she wants to lick him....I hope she got spoken to after that by her boss. That interviewer was high on something....When she interviewed Zachary Quinto, you can see in his eyes, "What is wrong with this woman?"
- Honestly, Alice Eve posting pics of the two of them at Glastonbury on her Instagram was shady as hell. She knew people would be talking about it and that she would gain followers. Someone I know left a pretty innocent comment on one of the pics and it was deleted, but comments like "are you two fucking?!" And "you make such a cute couple!!" Are kept up.. This chick wants fame and is obviously using Benedict to get attention. But oh well, she's blonde and pretty so she obviously has no problem leading him around by the dick.
It just really aggravates me that he had such a problem with pap pics being shot of him from yards away but he's cool with personal pics of him being posted.
- 're: 222
THANK YOU. She gives me such a bad fame-hungry vibe. At the LA premiere, she was just scowling in between pictures. People are gonna see you.
- I have no idea how she got so famous with zero acting chops. I don't know whether they are friends or more but it's hard to take her seriously.
- FWIW, Ben is ultimately more interested in potential genetic material than he is a wife. Not exactly sure what the deal is with Alice, but don't be surprised if this is a thing. Alice's legacy of acting royalty (not to mention decent money, reasonable intelligence and good looks) pushes all of his insecurity buttons, and I'm telling you this girl is thirsty as hell for his fame and legitimacy. The fangirls might as well go ahead and swallow the bitter pill.
- R225 here...In retrospect, that should have been "covers all of his insecurity bases" rather than "pushes all of his insecurity buttons." Need an editor.
Also, laughing at r214/r216. It's so bizarre how territorial his fans are. I think it's because the vast majority of them are older/middle-aged women and pre-pubescent girls. His IMDB message board is a coven of obsessed sociopaths.
- Erm, sorry to interrupt your rampant arrogant assumptions, 226, but I'd rather you didn't laugh at me and I'm assume I'm a deranged female fan, as I'm none of the above.
And no, take it from someone who knows... As insulting as you wish to be about someone you don't know... He's not interested in 'genetic material'.
- Alice Eve, 'acting royalty'??? Are you kidding?
- Oh honey acting royalty don't do Celebrity MasterChef.
- R225 in what way do you think that Alice 'covers all of his insecurity bases'? I know that he's said that he is insecure about his looks but is he really shallow enough to try to build up his self esteem by trotting out sexy arm candy?
The girlfriend that he had before all this craziness, Olivia, was cute but not a bombshell and at events they genuinely looked happy together. There are so many pics of him holding her hand, kissing the top of her head, and generally being physically affectionate. The pics of him with that pretty designer that he dated on the other hand are completely different. Maybe it's that he's learned not to be so open on a red carpet, but it's kind of sad. It seems that he is having trouble genuinely connecting with someone with all this craziness going on with his career. Something seems really wrong with this whole Alice Eve situation and people are almost making it seem like they are mutually exploiting each other for different reasons.
Also, R227 not trying to be snarky but, how do you 'know' so definitively that Ben isn't interested in 'genetic material'?
- It's too bloody fucking late to be doing this, but...was out tonight with a friend who claims that Alice does indeed have her claws in Benedict's back. The more interesting gossip, however, was that some of his older friends apparently have doubts about his overall happiness, as his drinking has escalated dramatically. He claims to be over the moon with all that's happening right now, but if he's rarely ever sober, what exactly does that mean?
Gossip. Take it for what it's worth. Off to bed for me.
- [r: 231] Your friend knows his friends? I'm just curious. If that's the case than maybe someone needs to tell Alice to back the fuck off because she being a horrible friend. I know it's not my problem and I will be scolded for taking this to heart but I don't want him like that. No one should be like that.
- If Ben is an alcoholic he's an extraordinarily high functioning one.
- Is R225 the same person as R231? If so I believe what R231 dragged in is true, if he's in a bad place and she's taking advantage Alice Eve can claw her way to Hollywood hell, there is no way someone as devoted to their craft as this guy takes Alice 'tits-and-teeth' Eve seriously when sober.
- Sorry I meant to say R227 not R225.
- 230- Hi, I'm a jobbing actor and ive met Ben on a number of occasions .. We're not friends , but acquaintances and we share some of the same friends.
Believe me, she's just a friend to him and I haven't the faintest clue why someone on here has started this ludicrous drinking rumour.
He is absolutely categorically NOT an alcoholic.
- Is Benedict an extrovert? That would explain his limitless energy level to me. Extroverts gain energy from being around other people.
However introverts like myself are drained of energy when there is too much stimulation going on.
- Ben definitely has ADHD.
- 10/10 would bang.
- Interesting fun fact: Alice Eve is the daughter of Trevor Eve ("DS Peter Boyd") from the British crime show, "Waking the Dead."
- Is he really insecure about his beaverface? Why does he resemble all these animals?
- There needs to be a movie with him, Robert Pattison, Beiber and Henry Cavill. Once the theaters are packed with all of their lunatic fans, torch it.
- Wow. Angry much? Calm down there. Life's a bit short for such irrationally violent fantasies.
I hardly think he's in the same league as Pattinson when it comes to fans anyway.
- Another Brit actor who is NOT talked about - and is cute as fuck.
- I'd rather Martin Freeman were gay than BC.
- R244 you need glasses.
- He's not dating Alice. They've been friends for years, though.
@222, re: "It just really aggravates me that he had such a problem with pap pics being shot of him from yards away but he's cool with personal pics of him being posted."
It's the 'whole people taking pictures when he has no idea' that bothers him. One too many fans/paps popping out from behind bushes and poles. It startles the shit out of him. So, Alice taking a pic he's aware and consented to of isn't the same.
- So for those people that know him well enough to say that he definitely isn't dating Alice Eve, who is he dating then? Does he have a friend with benefits or does he sleep around or is he just 100% single? I've always found it odd that other than the supposed Alice Eve thing, there hasn't ever really been even a whisper of gossip about him hooking up with anyone..
- R248 his schedule looks crazy I don't think he even has the time to maintain a relatively sane fwb relationship let alone properly date.
I'm reposting an old post that maybe you had not the time to read and that might be interesting about Ben's long relationship with the actress olivia Poulet:
"I'm probably saying WAY too much here, but:
Olivia dumped him a bunch of times over their relationship because he's a workaholic. He would cancel plans all the time to work.
She was the person who dumped him the final time. All the new stuff he was signing for meant they'd never see each other, so she was pissed. She has a decent stage career in the UK, so she couldn't just fly everywhere to see him unless she wanted to give up her career.
Ben was upset too because she seemed supportive and then told him she thought she could do it but couldn't. He thought they were getting married. His house remodel is, ironically, based on a design scheme they did together.
That's why the split was labeled by both of them as "mutual". Their life goals became completely incompatible. And both of them were naturally upset, so it bleed into interviews around that time. They both felt jilted for entirely different reasons."
- Well, if his new house is built using the same remodel plan he created with Olivia then he is pining
Also, once found an intresting presumption at ONTD: "...But oh know what just hit me? He's going to end up with Olivia. Just think about it. Yeah he's busy,so is everyone elements Hollywood but they still manage to date.
He's waiting for her. Sure he's fucking around,but he ain't showing up with them to events. It's all on the DL. He's waiting for Olivia. The way they broke up they might have said"until your work calms down we'll start up again". And she's not married yet. Doesn't matter if she's daiting. Ben made that dream house for them? Then ate who'll end up there. And he alwys speaks roundly of her in interviews. He loves her. He probably has the "it was always you" thing going on with her.one of these days they'll show up together and then we'll ~know this is it. They're kids are gonna look wonky tho lol
Sure there's a slight chance he'll move on but this girl has got to knock his silly ass off his feet for him to move the fuck on."
So maybe that person guessed right, I wish and hope that to be be true..
- That person from ONTD is a nutter. No better than one of those pathetic twihards holding out for Rob and Kristen. Or is a better example Ryan and Rachel, because they were a real heterosexual couple?
- "Well, if his new house is built using the same remodel plan he created with Olivia then he is pining for her."
That is not a valid inference.
If the average straight man got dumped in the middle of building a "dream house" for a woman, he'd decide he might as well finish, because it was easier than starting on a new place. That goes double if he's never there because of his work, at that point the house becomes a place to crash and an investment.
And if one woman liked it, maybe it'd attract others.
- It's hard to get permits for a construction like that, if I was in his shoes I'd build the heck out of that 'dream house', pining or not.
- Oh my god Japan is obsessed with BC!
- BC as Julian Assange in The Fifth Estate. Incredible.
- Why is he the only one promoting Star Trek overseas?
- That trailer is intriguing, r256.
Some people are complaining that his Aussie accent is way off but others are saying that he sound very much like Julian Assange who speaks with a kind of drawl.
What's the verdict?
- Nobody cares about Chris Pine in Japan apparently, R257.
Is there any truth to the tiny peen the rumors about BC?
- Assange does have a non-descript accent if I recall. The white blond hair is a BIT of a distraction in the trailer at first.... but then Benedict's acting brilliance sucks you in and you actually want to see the movie by the end of it!
- [r: 259]
There was that rumor because of Frankenstein where the theatre was very cold. So it was probably not seen in its full glory.
- Why would the white blonde hair be a distraction? Assange has white blonde hair..
What were you expecting?
- R262 people are so used to seeing hunky hunks portraying perfectly ordinary people in biopics.. Assange has white hair and a weird face, Cumberbatch looks and sounds exactly like him. I was afraid this movie would turn into Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs biopic but then they cast a proper actor, Cumberbatch.
- The white hair is distracting on Assange. Of course it would be distracting on any actor who plays him.
- Nominated for Emmy again. Against Pacino, though.
- Would you say he was vulpine?
- As complex a situation as Asaange's is, I think the last thing people are distracted by is his hair. *rolls eyes*
- It's only dim fangirls who witter on about his hair. .. A possible Oscar nom and a fascinating film and all they can say is "OMGZ his hair... "
IT'S JUST HAIR, for Christ's sake.
- What do you expect from fraus and silly teenagers?
- Oh lord that Emmy nominee list is like Hollywood Walk of Fame, I had no idea so many A-listers were doing TV now. I should start watching TV.
- Even with the nom, the US still refuses to acknowledge him.
- The nomination is well deserved but he won't win.
- Annnd Alice Eve is back. Funny she would choose nomination day to post another photo of BC.
- Well, she's gotta get attention somehow.. Might as well do it by working the "are they or aren't they fucking?" angle (AGAIN). Like it or not, they seem to be close. It's her decision on whether she wants to exploit their friendship/relationship.
- He's no closer to her than any other of his friends/colleagues. Whatever pictures she posts..they really have no deeper meaning.
- Wow he really is crushing on Matt Damon. Sorry Alice Eve.
- You could have at least included a link r273
- I personally think not. Too wide. But Alice don't care.
- I never really had an opinion on Alice Eve, but now I think she's an annoying hag. Is she hoping the Daily Fail wil pick up on her famewhoring ways and write a story about one of their pics together? Oh, god, have they already?
- That picture is at least 4 months old, there is an Arbitrage poster behind the man. It came out in Japan in 23 March 2013 and Spain 5 October 2012. Even before that in UK.
- Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to both Benedict and Jared Padalecki!
- Martin and Benedict did a cute video for the Sherlock crowd at Comic Con 2013. I can't link to it but it's on youtube. I saw it on PBS' facebook page.
Benedict pretends to spill the beans on how Sherlock survived the fall LOL!
- Oh yes! And happy birthday to Benedict!
- Re the Alice Eve famewhoring... word. So much word. She's been friends w/BC for ages and ages but she's only REALLY hanging on to him since his fame is breaking big time. And coyly "not commenting" on pics she posts on Instagram that could be him. Everyone I know who has met her IRL (some old mates of mine in PR in London, and a few who just work industry events as aides and the like)say she's super cold and only cares if you can raise her profile. She's so thirsty for some fame and wants to tag on to an old friend's coattails.
- Why did they choose to give Ben an Emmy nomination for "Parade's End"? I've seen it and he's very good in it, but it's not really a standout performance on the level of his Stephen Hawking or Frankenstein/Creature or Sherlock, and the miniseries itself did crappily in the ratings. I think it's one of those political things where the industry voters sense that his career is building momentum and they want to throw their weight behind it.
- Well that could be a possibility but the US still refuses to acknowledge him. Whenever he's on an American talk show it's like "Oh, who are you anyway?"
- I was annoyed on Benedict's behalf when a weekend Today show anchor was acting a bit dismissive toward him. Plus the interview only lasted about 45 seconds!
- H-I-S L-A-S-T V-O-W
- Benedict's in Ibiza at the moment officiating the wedding of two male friends of his, which is really cool.
- What a scenery. Congratulation to the guys.
- That's a creepy pap shot, though.
- He's such a tease.
- That's not a pap shot R292 it was taken by one of the guests who had a seat on the balcony.
- Why has tumblr gone mad again?
- Tumblr's having a shit fit, because thanks to Ivan, they're all being confronted with the sad reality that Benedict is fucking Katia Elizarova -- who's known in the UK for being little more than a high-class Russian hooker, and whose "fashion" career has been financed by skeevy Russian billionaires.
- Soooo apparently his only romantic options that we've seen are a blonde fame whore or a Russian hooker? I wish he'd go back to dating "pretty, talented and down to earth" (Olivia).
- BOOTY CALL
- R297 Or maybe he doesn't feel the need to have a romantic relationship at this time of his life regardless of his PR strategy and is having casual sex with willing blondes while he can because he's not getting any younger.
- Lucky guy, the Russian model is very, very beautiful.
- Whether she's beautiful or not is a total matter of opinion, as it is with everyone.
In my opinion, no she's not very beautiful. Nobody is right on something as subjective on who is attractive. And if she was with him, then SHE would be the lucky one.
More of a concern is her obvious desire to be famous. It's glaring.
- Well who doesn't try to hook up at a wedding?
- She has a man face and is trading sexual favours for jobs, he has a tiny penis and a massive gap in his ego. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.
- I've never heard of Katia before in my life.... but one thing is obvious. She does not look relaxed and happy in that particular picture.
- I thought that fucking a model was just living the dream
- I hope he at least got some birthday pussy.
- If he likes blondes maybe I should hope that he hook ups with January Jones, if for no other reason than the ensuing meltdowns by various fan groups.
- That may be 'living the dream' for a completely tasteless and superficial, half wit ,moron who places value on shallow and vapid nonsense but he is the furthest from that he could possibly be.
- Or hooks up, rather.
- Ok, I tried to watch the Sherlock series. Gave up after two. They start off like they might be ok, then the plot is just ridiculous and implausible. I find BC a little funny looking and I don't like his hair, either.
Watson is ok.
So I have given up on it. The best Sherlock remains Jeremy Brett. Not THAT was a good Sherlock series!
- Take a chill pill r308. Every guy dreams of banging models.
- No, 311.. You are entirely wrong.
Only brainless men, devoid of class and depth 'dream of banging a model', so please don't tar everyone with a very sad and embarrassing brush.
- Are models not people worthy of being banged in your eyes r312? It might be time to take Bennie off the pedestal.
- He still probably wanted a shag, model or not. Booty call all the way. It's what happens at weddings.
- Uh oh r310. You mentioned not liking the hair. Now you've done it.
Fan rant in 3....2....1....
- 313 - Obviously, I was referring to the suggestion that theres something admirable and commendable about sleeping with models over any other women. There's not. And it's offensive to men to suggest they all think in such a
- All straight men want to fuck models (or at least to be seen in public with the models they're fucking) because models are the cultural ideal of female beauty and desirability. If Benedict was still hanging around with Olivia Poulet everybody would be asking what was wrong with him.
- Jesus fucking Christ. You had better be a twisted troll attempting irony, because that post has got to be one of the worst things I've read in some time.
No, actually.. Not all straight men want to fuck models or be seen in public with them..only the douchebag straight males think like that.
And no, models are far, far from the cultural idea of female beauty and desirability..only according to douchebags, once again,
And as for your disgusting comments on Olivia, who is not only stunningly gorgeous, but witty, highly intelligent and incredibly classy....
You are a fucking dick and if you genuinely believe the shit you've just written then I feel desperately sorry for you.
- I was too busy thinking how fine he looked in the swimsuit to notice the model.
- R319 amen
- I would prefer him with a woman like Olivia than with the wannabe fame whores that seem to be clamoring to be on his dick. Seeing him cozying up to these model/actress/designer wannabes makes him seem like a first class douchenozzle. Does he honestly think that he would have the opportunity to have sex with any of these women if he was still doing small budget BBC TV shows and making 30k a year?
- What world is r318 living in? Is r318 a straight man or a straight woman? Who else would take this so seriously, get so defensive?
- Wow. This is a really disappointing, but (honestly) unsurprising companion choice for him. I have more respect for Hiddleston's music industry girlfriend, and given Hiddleston's tendency toward shameless self-promotion, I guess I would have expected Tom to be the one to go for something flashier. But this Katia girl isn't even "flashy." She just REEKS of desperation...his AND hers. I think r303 may be on to something. Benedict could do so much better than this dead-eyed girl for hire. And the tiny penis theory...well we all know Hiddleston doesn't suffer from that particular deficit, so maybe he doesn't feel the need to overcompensate.
- that dumb theory stemmed from the very cold Frankenstein theatre
- Is this Russian model the same one he was fucking when he was making "War Horse" or a different one? Reminds me of Stan Laurel and his Russian ballet dancers.
- Good Lord, R308/12/etc., stop projecting your image of the perfect man onto Cumberbatch!
I do appreciate that he's capable of a long-term relationship with a non-bimbo woman, but right now the man is getting over a major breakup and working all the time. If he's having a bit of fun with some party girls, well fine, every serious person needs a bit of shallow, vapid, nonsensical, even sleazy fun now and then.
I just hope he has the sense to use condoms while he's enjoying himself.
- [R326] Thank you and Amen.
Last I checked sex makes a person happy and I've got nothing against this guy being happy so live and let live.
- R327, agree.
Fraus are being the usual jealous bitches.
- It's been well over two years. I doubt he's still getting over the breakup. I think his crazy schedule basically makes it so that he has to take what he can, wherever he can get it. I wish that he would stop with all the "marriage and babies" BS though. That obviously isn't where he's at at this point in his life. I feel like he's painting this 'ideal man' vision of himself for his fans sake when he is just a normal man who enjoys casual sex without attachments on occasion. In that way I respect Fassbender much more than Cumberbatch. Fassbender at least admits that he enjoys sex and doesn't always need an attachment to someone. Cumberbatch makes it seem in his interviews like he spends all his down time pining away for "THE ONE". The woman who will magically enter his life and become his wife and mother to his children. Then people wonder why his fans go so apeshit everytime he is linked up in the press with a woman that doesn't meet up to the high standards that they assume he has for a potential mate.
- Funny, I read a quote from him saying he didn't have the time or opportunity for much more than chance encounters right now.
i enjoy fantasizing about celebs, but it is important to realize that the fantasy is more about my life and libido than the object of desire. You don't know him. You don't own him. There is nothing to be angry about. Enjoy! ...and try not to be so scary that women are afraid to even have their picture taken with him.
- What is wrong with some of you posters on here? You have idealised the guy to a quite ridiculous extent. Yes he is an excellent actor and very attractive and he seems like a very nice person .....but he is neither a saint nor a monk. He's a normal guy with a ridiculously busy schedule that isn't leaving him in any one place long enough to form a long term relationship right now. So he probably does what nearly any other normal guy would do in that situation - he takes his opportunities for sex where he can and if those opportunities happen to be in the form of leggy, blonde models then all the better. Nothing wrong with that. They're all consenting adults so why shouldn't he have a bit of fun.
- Course he can do what he likes, if she's a model who doesn't happens to use her brain in her living, who cares? But it's more her conduct that's the issue.
She quite clearly wants to be famous and enjoys the limelight. It's just a surprise to see him associate with someone like that.
- I can't believe this is still a serious discussion.
- I think the fact that people are surprised shows that maybe they buy into the image of the guy they've built up from the media a bit too much. Nobody outside his friends and family really know what he's like. You can't know somebody by reading about them in the media or online. So he may very well be the sort of guy who is quite happy to have casual flings with fame hungry blondes. After all none of us know why he split with his long term girlfriend. How do we know it wasn't because he was not the faithful, family craving guy his interviews portrayed him to be? Not saying he wasn't. Just saying we don't know so shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions about what he's like.
- R332 why a model should be brainless?
To me, this girl seems very clever. She makes love to a very handsome guy while "connecting" to people who can help her in her career.
- I'm obviously not saying models are brainless per se. What I am saying is, they are electing to not use their brains in their chosen profession.
- And so what? What has this to do with her and BC?
It seems to me a sneaky way to bully and diss this model just because she's the "lucky one" .
- Spot on r334. BC's people are *very* aware of the perceptions that have made him popular (as are his contemporaries...remember Alice Eve's comment about why women like him?) And although there is likely some measure of truth in the projected image of the intelligent, slightly awkward, self-effacing guy who longs to be a father, it is still just an image.
Having said that, I think his fanbase looks at the wives/gf's of some of his colleagues (James Macavoy, for example) and expects similar choices from BC. This contributes to their reactions against women like Lydia Hearst and this new girl. And r337's point that there's probably at least a touch of resentment is well taken.
- 337 - what are you talking about?
How is that a sneaky way to 'diss and bully' exactly? Grow up.
And the 'lucky one'? Honestly, I'm so tired of hearing that trite and childish drivel, 'you is just jelly' when discussing anything like this.
It applies to her, because if you'd bother to read the rest of the comments, people have been talking about her john line conduct, her desire for fame and her intellect. So yes, considering her profession, it is relevant.
She very much puts herself out there as a public brand.. 'Katia E' anyone?
So people will have an opinion on that and how it stands with any association she has with him.
- Ugh. I am so over this asshole, and you know all this is just going to get worse with his TIFF presence and his likely Oscar campaign No way his people are gonna be able to keep a tight reign on his mouth with all his upcoming promotional commitments, so expect something really douchey to come out of it eventually. Hopefully his crazy ass stans will take a chill pill when he fucks up (bigger stage = bigger fuck ups). Of course, knowing them, they'll probably make all sorts of apologies for him. Tiresome.
- As fan of his acting who wants him to do well in Hollywood I was hoping he'd date a top actress like Chastain. A top league acting partnership would do wonders for his career PR wise anyway. I'm all about his career. He can shag sheep for all I care but I want to enjoy him in even bigger roles.
- There's no way he'll have an oscar campaign. The guy will be busy filming. You need to set aside months of free time to network to bring in the oscar.
- His pug nose and weird eyes and yucky hair are hard to deal with.
Looks better with slicked back hair.
If there's someone who has to grow up, it's you jealous frau.
This model is beautiful and clever, unlike you. Get over it.
- Oh dear. "Jealous Frau"?! You bizarre creature, you.
And you've confirmed your status as the remedial troll I suspected you to be.
So, toddle off? You're really not worth my time.
- Maybe, I'm a gay troll but you're an ugly, jealous frau, for sure.
- R345 needs to go back to IMDB, Cumberbitches and whatever else fangurl site for "Ben".
Though I do find her rants rather entertaining and am making popcorn as I type.
- Cumberbatch is playing a character in interviews. He knows he has to come across as warm and funny and endearing so he does what he can to give that impression. I'm guessing that in real life he's hyperfocused on himself and his work and there's not really a "real" Benedict, just this ongoing process of performing, preparing to perform and relaxing as much as possible for someone who's required to spend so much time being "on" in various professional and social situations. He's probably very aware that there are plenty of other actors that are better looking than he is and that the only edge he has is his intelligence and talent, but I doubt that makes him less of a narcissist than any other actor. Narcissism is pretty much an occupational requirement in the performing arts.
- It would be unwise of Cumberbatch flaunt a young model at this point in his career. It might be good for his ego but not the fanbase. Women obviously want him to date a classy actress (someone who could be an asset to his career). He may think its all about the quality of his acting but producers are watching the ever increasing size of his fanbase with interest so now is the time to look like he's focusing on his work etc. (even if he's quietly hooking up every night with some model).
He needs to be clever about it.
You dont think those lovely fans in Japan want to see him strutting around with some leggy blonde.
His fanbase is wide in age - teens right up to old grannies so its a fine line to tread.
- 346 - I'm not sure what you being gay has to do with anything, but gay or straight, you're a fucking idiot... That much is certain.
And stop saying "Frau"' , that amongst other things makes you sound like an embarrassing douche. Which appears to be the least of your problems.
- On the other hand, if Cumberbatch wasn't seen with the most gorgeous possible young women everybody would assume he was gay, and although he's no homophobe he's too much of a careerist to allow that.
If you've watched Sherlock you'll notice that he's made up and lit to look like a sexy vampire with glow in the dark skin, while Martin Freeman wears hardly any makeup and has hideous lighting that makes him look sixty years old. Even Rupert Graves, who's a genuinely good-looking guy, is photographed in a much less flattering way than Ben.
Why does anyone need to get back to any other site? Who fucking cares if she's a fan of whoever?
What? There needs to be space made in this sleazy gossip site for more debate on Big Brother or something?
You don't like the topic? Well stop making popcorn and fuck off out of it, then.
- He did a great job with the fans in Japan. I never knew he could come across so warm, cuddly and sexy. It might all be just great acting but it worked.
- I'm pretty sure it's HIS choice who he dates/hooks up with/marries, not the fans'...
- R347 - you are certifiably insane. Referring to yourself in the 3rd person, really?
Oh, but please keep responding. You, my dear, are VERY entertaining - just like when folks back in the 18th and 19th Centuries used to visit insane asylums for "entertainment."
- 351 - thats nonsense. They dont have time to light any of them differently.
- So he is another object of desire for the crazies, like Jeremy Renner and Vincent D'Onoforio.
- He had to have a woman with him or the press would have said he was gay. Dont get me wrong he isnt gay but he needed to make sure that was clear given the job he was performing on Ibiza. It was a sensible move but a shame he didnt have an actress with him. Even Alice Eve would have been a better pr choice.
- The woman posting frau all the time is probably one of his supporters on his IMDB page. They are quite rabid on there.
- Why do these people get so rabid? It's scary.
- 355 ............
Are you referring to my post? Because I can't for the life of me see where I referred to myself as the third person. I didn't actually refer to myself at all.. So...
- It's the Internet, 360, have you been introduced or is this your first time on the World Wide Web? People rant, swear and shout. Fact of life. And if you think *this* is rabid, you might want to go and read a book rather than delve any further into web land.
- I just don't understand why every discussion about the guy is so extreme. It seems to be that people feel they must either idolise or demonise him. In reality I expect he is just a normal guy with the same good and bad points as everybody else. He just happens to do a job which puts him in the public eye.
None of us actually know him (do we?) so nobody has a right to claim their opinion is the definitive view. Like everything in life the true story probably lies somewhere between the two extremes.
- It is scary and creepy!
- Oh ssh, 364.. You're in this thread because you are choosing to be. There's ferocious fan debate on pretty much every popular person in the public eye. That's how it is. Nobody's offering themselves up as a live sacrifice, they're just taking shite same as the rest of us everywhere, so get over it.
- He needs to stay away from the theatre for a year or two. The fans are nuts at the moment and they'd make his theatre run a nightmare.
- There's more trolls on this thread than all of Middle Earth.
- Nah, bullshit (366). Fans are no more nuts than fans ever are and certainly no more since Frankenstein. The 'rabid' fans are in a strong minority and don't tend to bother with the theatre. And if they did, what do you thinks going to happen? Storming the stage? Banners and Mexican waves? Course not.
They behave themselves and watch the show. I think some people are being a wee bit over dramatic to say the least.
- A lot of the online hysteria about Cumberbatch has to do with his playing Julian Assange in "The Fifth Estate." Assange himself threw a big tantrum over it and Assange fans are afraid it's going to show him in a negative light while Assange haters are afraid it'll be too positive.
- Asaange has........ fans?
- The model has now decided she wants to act
SUNSTROKE - Adapted from the stories of Anton Chekhov & Ivan Bunin AUGUST 28th - SEPTEMBER 21st 2013, The Platform Theatre, King's Cross.
- Well latest is that Cumberbatch was seen kissing the Russian model at the Ibiza wedding. That's according to "Now" magazine, so it must be true!;)
- Aah, the Now magazine blog...
Now *there's* some reliable journalism, right there.... ;)
- R354 Finally someone who's talking sense.
Why an ugly, fat frau like R350 has to choose another unattractive woman for Ben when he can have a classy, beautiful, clever, sexy, blonde and leggy model, instead. Why? Why? What's the logic in this?
Fanatics who want to interfere with his choices are NUTS!
- The Batch needs to give us some passionate roles. Time to strut about in long boots with a whip.
- Wow. Hey , you sound like a decent and compassionate human being I wish I knew in real life. Jesus, calm down much? What's the deal?
I assume you've not physically seen this poster so why are you being so violently insulting and disgusting? You're making a real cunt of yourself, it's got to be said.
I like Cumberbatch, I'm just here for the lack of all else to do, but you are something else? I haven't really noticed the person you're directing this at saying anything all that offensive but you are like a rabid dog. Seriously.. Stop.
What's it to you anyway? You know nothing about this model, whether she's clever or classy so why are you getting so angry and worked up? Who gives a shit?
I will second the post that called out this stupid Frau usage though? WTF?
So to sum up, you need to hush your demonic tongue.
No one is interfering with anyone's choices.. And the only person who's come across as nuts on here is you.
- I dont give a stuff about who he dates.Just stop him gelling his hair back. The Italian mobster look looks terrible on him. He looks so much better in Japan. He suits a softer curly look. It takes years off him.
- R376 'Hush your demonic tongue', I wouldn't be so certain he's the one comes across craziest, not since you posted anyway.
- Looooool R367.
I think R371's post sums up this 'relationship' of his.
- Sure he can give her some help/advice on acting but has nobody considered the possibility that she might also, you know, actually like him and find him attractive. Lots of women do. And it's not like she's short of wealthy men to back her ambitions. By what I've seen if her previous history Cumberbatch is a virtual pauper.
- R378 thanks.
It seems there is more than one ugly, fat and jealous frau posting.
- Ok, so 378 and 381 are clearly one and the same. Oh dear. And the ugly Frau thing is not only deeply unpleasant but really getting quite creepy now too.
Explain how my post calling out the really twisted and frankly deranged name calling singles ME out as being crazy or indeed an "ugly Frau"?
Ah,what a varied and rich vocabulary you have at your fingertips.. It's almost like we have John Keats with us. Your mother must be so proud.
- We don't want ugly, jealous frau on DL.
- I've never longed for Primetime before...
- Wow it seems like this guy might actually take over the Toronto film festival. Any thoughts?
- Ah so she wants to act. I see
- Ssh now, 383. You're all overexcited and the meds are wearing off. Go and have a little lie down and you'll feel all better.
- R387 Ugly frau go away and bring your shit with you.
The model is lovely while you are just an envious bitch.
- Hahaha. You are fucking nuts 387.. and you're accusing everyone else of it?
You utter cunt. Seriously.
You're the one who keeps bringing up some fucking model you know nothing about you stupid dick..NOONE CARES!!!... NOW SHUT UP, YOU HEINOUS AND CRIPPLINGLY WEIRD PRICK.
- Jesus... This is hysterical
I think Frau boy is about to have an aneurysm. Dude, why do you keep saying Frau and why are you obsessed with some model nobody's heard of?! Lols
- Just sticking my head above the parapet to say, as an objective onlooker to this ever escalating fight over somebody neither of you know, that at this point you BOTH look nuts.
- Because the model is beautiful and you are a jeaulous bitch.
- R382 Wrong actually and I didn't agree with anyone, I just thought the poster I quoted needed to be a little more self aware. Again 'demonic tongue' is not exactly a usual thing to post over a forum shitfit about an actor's girlfriend, to then accuse someone else of being nuts. FYI not everyone who calls you crazy is a troll or similarly disturbed, in fact some of them have probably been mental health practitioners, follow their advice. Also some DL advice, try trolldar.
- The people telling the creepy little Frau fucker to shut up don't give a fuck about the model, they said so. In fact he's the only one repeatedly muttering about her , inbetween the Frau Tourette's he seems to have, of course.
So they're not fighting over her really are they? He's just fighting with himself now. It's all a bit sad.,, poor troubled little soul.
- Calm your tits... The model is just slumming it with him so hard. He gets some (and seems to have a thing for modelizing with girls who look like a younger version of his ex-ltr) and she gets to ride his coat tails. He (and his PR) know better than to date an overpriced hooker publicly.
- Jealous nuts, that's what you are. End of story.
- But why would he need to date a hooker? Surely at this point he has enough fame to get it for free. Other, much older, uglier actors do.
- Oh dear, 393, I think it was rather painfully obvious that the 'hush your demonic tongue' was kind of flippant? Y'know... Sarcy? A bit tongue in cheek?, if you'll pardon the pun.. i guess all these words have lost you again..
And I'm a little mystified that you would pick up on that silly phrase as being more indicative of a disturbed mind than screeching ugly,fat, jealous etc at a poster you have never even seen for literally no reason whatsoever.
A bit embarrassed for you, to be honest.
- R 397 She's not a hooker. The hooker thing is just BS invented by this deeply disturbed frau - see posts 389 and 390 with trolldar: she answers to herself - who wants to trash the model because she's hanging out with BC.
And then one wonders why actors lie about their relationships. What can thay do with this kind of nut fanatics around?
Oh STFU for shit's sake. Who's a jealous nut? Nobody is barely talking about this bloody model.. Where's the jealousy? In your fucking strange head, now give it a cocking rest.
The only reason why you are trashing this model is because you're envious. Get over it.
- Thanks R 397. I did think it a bit unlikely that he'd be reduced to dating hookers! As for the rest of this thread. It's all very entertaining I must say :).
I can only begin to imagine what might happen if he actually confirms that this woman is his girlfriend!
- As an aside, he really does want to settle down and have kids. It's not a pose or some kind of consciously projected image - I've discussed it with him and he's totally genuine. There's a tendency to think that people in the public eye have an army of PRs and assorted flunkies arranging every aspect of their lives, and it may be like that with some, but not him. Knowing this I find his choice of companion surprising and I don't feel he's in it for the long term.
- R 399 -- She's a Russian billionaire's "muse." We all know what that means -- and I am not the "deeply disturbed frau" you reference.
I for one am perplexed at his choices from a PR standpoint because they do go against the "intelligent, slightly awkward, self-effacing guy who longs to be a father" image he has worked so hard to create. Lydia Hearst and now this model? Who's next -- Tamara Ecclestone? He can't keep trotting out the long-term ex.
- But again, why? This woman is nearly 27 - the upper end of most models careers. She already seems to be looking to move on to different things so why couldn't having kids be part of that?
- She has a good face. Some are able to carry on in their 30s.
- R398 I didn't defend or agree with him and in spite of 'you must be stupid if you don't get my wit and cleverness' bit, you do still come across a little too invested, intense and sensitive. Not to mention arrogant and superior. Know when someone deranged is trolling you and quit rising to him every time with this OTT outrage. Whether you realise it or not to objective readers the frequency and intensity of your posts make you seem exactly like him. So it's kind of difficult to tell if that was tongue in cheek as you claim. Last I'll post, go on tell me which other words and nuances are beyond my comprehension.
- Actually R399, the hooker label was originally suggested by R296.
- You know her instagram is full of her with other men as early as last week. Simple wedding sex.
- I feel like R403 is either writing fan fiction or is one of the Tumblr people that feels that Ben can do no wrong. I seriously doubt that anyone connected to Ben in any way would be on these forums. Although part of me wonders what Benedict would think if he stumbled upon this thread. He's living his life and making some questionable decisions regarding who he might be banging. Doesn't every man? I'm surprised this thread has started such a furor!
- Is the man not allowed the odd shag between jobs? Poor bloke.
- I just saw the funniest photo of him in a hairdresser with flip flops getting his hair dyed. Boy does he look SASSY.
- Love it!
- And there's Katya at the next basin. The plot thickens.
- Read through of last Sherlock script today.
The Batch seen in Lodnon by two fans (photo on tumblr)
BUT sneaky photo also taken of him in the hairdressers. nasty thing to do
- If the model is next to him she's put a lot of weight on in a few days!!
- What would be funny is if Benedict was typing these messages from the hairdressers (go look at the photo).
- I don't know. It looks like her face and its kind of hard to tell what size the rest of her is under that gown.
- Those arent skinny arms. He's been at the script readthrough all day. He must have gone straight to get his roots down then. So no thats not her.
- Well I think it is her. But we won't fight over it :).
- That woman could be anyone r20. Most likely just a stranger. You're an odd one.
- I just took a look at the image and it might be her but if so she's fatter than I expected. Thats a very wide bullish neck.
- Yes she could be. And I'm really not going to be losing any sleep over it one way or another. But I just happen to think she looks like the model he was with in Ibiza. That's all. What's odd about that?
Why is it that some posters on here seem determined to depict anybody who simply happens to hold a different opinion to them as being "odd" or demented?
- He has amazing legs.
- Spotted perfume shopping......I guess something is going on. Then again I don't know if in England if perfume has a unisex meaning.
- A man who amuses himself with party girls and famewhores, but who likes to maunder about settling down and having kids, would be well advised to use condoms every single fucking time. If he tells these bimboes he wants kids someday, he is absolutely begging one of them to get "accidentally" pregnant.
Hopefully he's too poor for the Russian model to slip up.
- If I was him I'd take my used condoms with me in the morning.
- [R417] Yes!
Plot twist: He's been posting all along...
- It's odd because all this overanalyzing is odd. Oh, and now he was perfume shopping, let's all overanalyze that too. If he was photographed making out with this woman maybe these reactions would make sense, but you're going around in circles because he was sitting next to someone, and now every woman might be her and every story about him might be associated with her. That is definitely odd.
- And why you are spending so much time talking about this ugly hetero and his "problems"?
- R 429 - How exactly is saying the woman sitting next to him in the hairdressers looks like the model he was with in Ibiza "overanalysing"? It's simply stating an opinion based on me looking at the picture and thinking its her. It's no more odd or analytical than you saying you don't think it's her. I honestly don't care either way.
If anybody is behaving oddly it's you trying so desperately hard to undermine any post which even slightly endorses the possibility that he and the model might be an item.
As for him being photographed making out with the woman, I truly believe that if he was and if he was holding up a sign saying "this is my girlfriend" at the time, you would still be on here rigorously denying it ever happened and berating people for being odd and demented for referring to it.
Why on earth does it matter so much to you?
- "And why you are spending so much time talking about this ugly hetero and his "problems"?"
Well R 430, I'm not sure an "ugly hetero" getting to have sex with a twenty something blonde leggy model would see himself as having problems!!;)
- I would NEVER let someone I was dating see me get my hair done.. Also, I would have thought he'd get his hair dyed on set, not at a public salon.
- Not quite there yet I guess.
- Agreed, r424, agreed.
- Is anyone else trying to watch The Hobbit in anticipation of Benedict's role as Smaug?
I never read the book and The Hobbit is tedious I'm finding. I can stand about a half hour to twenty minutes at a time and then I give up.
- Benedict's trip made it onto Just Jared.
r436 No, but I understand why you're trying. He's definitely one of those actors who'd make me want to see something just because he's in it.
- Oh, and this is an article from last year about him and the same model.
- Just stumbled onto here and... Woah. Some um..activity today, I see.
Although, I have to say my stand out thought is how odd it is that an opinion can't be given without a very silly and juvenile "shut up, you're just jealous" response. But given that the people (or person) giving that response were also disturbingly and unnecessarily nasty with it too, I think a measured and rational argument would be too much to ask for.
Anyway, whatever's going on with the dude I just hope he's happy and finds someone who'll look after him. All anyone can ask really and he deserves someone who really is genuinely the best for him. Hope he finds them soon.
I've met him a couple of times and he was a darling.
- Yeah, I went away for a day and all of a sudden this thread got crazy. Hopefully that level of activity will be sustained when all his big movies come out this fall/winter. I'm hoping to see all three that are premiering at TIFF.
- This wedding story is such great pr for him. he'll get a bigger gay following after this. I'm sure he's friends with these guys but I'm also suspicious its been used for a pr opportunity. How to get a gay following and the entertainment industry on your side in one easy lesson. It sure makes up for all his foot in mouth quotes. How handy to have the model there to nip in the bud any gay rumours (yes I know he isnt but the public would jump to that conclusion). I have to say this has been handled well. All except the awful topless beach shot which showed his chest looking horribly flat and weedy. He really needed to have kept a bit of that Khan bulk on. What he needs to do next is get a top actress as his girlfriend. Jessica Chastain would be perfect to become a power couple.
- A nice guy and a beautiful model. I hope they had a lot of fun.
- Strange that you'd comment on him being a nice guy but her being a 'beautiful model' ...
I don't understand what anyone's perception of her attractiveness or being a model as to do with anything. Bit shallow and odd, IMO ...
- I'm not the poster who made the comment. But why is referring to her as a beautiful model odd. She's beautiful and she's a model. Sounds like a pretty straightforward statement of fact.
I think it's odd that you find so many very not odd things odd. And that last sentence can be used either as a tongue twister or an opinion!
But I expect you will just find it odd.
- Good Lord... you people are insane. The fans of Cavill, Fassbender, and Hiddleston have nothing on you lot.
I hope Benedict or his model girlfriends never bump into you all in a dark alley... or at a mall in broad daylight.
- Hang on, the only thing that's creepy here are the people who are jumping on
every little innocuous thing that's said and screaming 'creepy!'..
Why do you do it? The "Oh Christ.. You're insane" ... In response to such an innocent comment. Well, it's really weird.
For what it's worth I agree with him/her, I think it is a kind of silly statement ,
'Oh he's a nice guy', "she's a beautiful model" .. Seems a bit incongruous for congratulating her on being a model and being, in your opinion, beautiful (because beauty IS always subjective, there's no such thing as fact) and him on being 'nice'? Kinda strange, yeah.. I think so to.
You might not agree, but that doesn't mean anyone's 'crazy and creepy' for saying it, of course not. Jesus, chill out, FFS.
- And it seems that the beautiful model has also a law degree, speaks three languages and she's studying drama. Not bad.
- To go back to the Alice Eve thing, she starred in a movie a few years ago with David Tennant, and was not nice to him. He and Benedict are good friends (Benedict attended his wedding, and his date was Natalie Walter, Tennant's ex-girlfriend - the British acting industry is so incestous). Incidentally Tennant's best friend worked with Alice Eve's father and he was unbelievably nasty to her. He has a rep for being the biggest asshole in UK TV. Wonder if DT and BC ever talked about her.
- That's interesting about Alice's father (actor Trevor Eve), R448. I always liked him on Waking the Dead. His character on the show is an asshole so I am surprised that he was basically playing himself on the show :-)
- Very interesting R448. Have to say it's not the first time I've heard that sort of feedback on both of them.
- The model speaks two languages, she's NOT studying drama.. She's never studied it or acted in her life and she has a law degree, but it's kind of unused?
I know many people who have taken law and they would never cut it as practising solicitors in a million years.
- I wonder if some posters would be working so hard to diminish the girl's qualifications and achievements if she were a "plain looking" girl rather than a pretty blonde model? There seems to be more than a bit of jealousy at work here no matter how much the poster/s try to say otherwise.
- Oh. God.
Are people really that incapable of forming an argument based on two women without surmising that one of the women must be "jealous". It's pathetic..seriously. And actually rather mysoginistic.
The last but one poster was factually incorrect and the last poster was correcting them. Simple as that. It's got fuck all to do with what this woman looks like. I'd be more concerned why some people are so keen to embellish and falsify her acheivements? I mean, what's in it for them?
OT. Trevor Eve, he indeed has a reputation in the industry as being a complete bastard. Confirmed.
- I think the reason why people are jumping at Katia because she seems to be riding the gravy train. She likes all Facebook comments even one directed at her and BC. Alice did something very similar. It is possible that BC wants her to keep quiet but his PR would also want her to remove the "Fashion Bitch" from her twitter bio. Also, her instagram shows that she's not committed or very touchy and free-spirited.
- But why try to claim speaking two languages and having a law degree is not an admirable achievement. Whether you use it or not getting a law degree requires a fairly high level of intelligence and being multi lingual is quite smart too. Nobody is suggesting the girl is a genius but it dies seem very churlish and, yes, envious, to be so dismissive of her.
And yes I do firmly believe you wouldn't be so nasty about her if she wasn't so attractive.
- I don't understand the fuss. I've seen him in dozens of roles, from episodes of Miss Marple to Atonement. He's a typical character actor. I guess, like Christ O'Dowd, he gets to be reborn as a sexy romantic lead in America.
- 455 - Can you read? Firstly, I was correcting the poster (you?) who claimed she speaks three languages. She doesn't.
Secondly, I didn't say a degree isn't an a acheivement but pardon me if I don't bow at the feet of anyone who has one. I've had five friends who studied law and they were all fairly useless. So I feel it's important to point out the "oohs and aahs" are a little overdone. Practising Law is a whole other thing entirely.
And you are a crashing dick if you believe that this is based on "jealousy" , from what I've said. Where on earth have I been "nasty"?
I'm embarrassed for you and your inability to form cogent arguments, but at least you're honest about how utterly foolish and offensive you are.
I also find your behaviour a little creepy. Why are you so keen to cry jealousy at people? What's in this for you? Because you find her" so attractive"' you're adding some languages and drama school to her CV and screaming at anyone who attempts to correct you. It's quite frightening really.
- Thread is three years old today
- "And yes I do firmly believe you wouldn't be so nasty about her if she wasn't so attractive. "
Nonsense. Fangirls, fanfraus, and fangays will rip any woman to shreds, if she's connected to their idol! If she's pretty they'll call her a whore and say he could do so much better, if she isn't they'll call her ugly and say he could do so much better.
See the "mismatched couples" thread for proof.
- I've never heard a good word about Trevor Eve in the industry. Fact.
- I'm sorry to have to say this but this thread has begun to positively reek of bad female hygiene. Time to go see your gyno and have it cleared up.
- Ah, full blown misogyny now eh, 461?
Not funny, not clever.. Just pretty gross and embarrassing actually.
- R461 agree. But the pretty Russian model can stay here.
- There's only thing one sadder than fanny jokes and that's fanny jokes with your self. 461 and your alter ego, 463, you are one sad, sexless little fucker.
- Oh dear 445, the more you post the more hysterical you sound. It's quite funny really. I'm tempted to wind you up a bit more but I suspect you're keen to get back to gouging the eyes out of pictures of Katya wotshername so don't let me detain you any further with my "creepy" attempts to present a logical point of view.
- Sorry meant R457 in my previous post. Guess I was too astonished by your hysteria to take note if your number. Sorry. As you were.
- I was looking at The Photo again and noticed that while Kantian doesn't look entirely comfortable she is lightly touching Benedict with her fingers. That is a sweet and gentle gesture in my eyes.
Agree. She seems very sweet. And both have adorable lips...
- 465, 466 and 467 .. Yes, your personalities do seem to be multiplying by the second. I think you need a lie down and a cold compress.
There was no hysteria on the post you were referring to, you on the other hand... um.
The only thing that's been creepy so far is your repeated and obsessive postings on this woman. I mean, your last effort with the added 'stop hating on her' tagged onto what should be your name... is this your peak time? Are the meds wearing off about now?
There really hasn't been any 'hating' you embarrasing berk. It's all in your completely muddled and shudderingly weird brain.
No one gives a fuck about her. I'm struggling to see where your motivation is and where you've crawled out from. But .. You need help. Seriously, shut the fuck up. Nobody cares.
- Hahaha. What a perfect time to walk in to this thread.
*settles back with the popcorn*
This nutcase is literally spamming the thread and having a conversation with themselves. Aaah, the marvel of human evolution.
- : |
I'm just concerned that this mental is possibly out in the world somewhere. ..
Y'know.. amongst us.
- To be honest , if i wasn't gay I'd do that pretty, leggy blonde, with the due respect, of course.
- Webmaster -- Is there any way to BAN the poster who seems to have single-handedly destroyed this discussion? Hit [troll-dar] on r470, and the whole thread lights up. Some of us would like to be able to carry on a civil discussion, free of this blatant antagonist.
- Sorry R469, the poster called stop hating her or whatever isn't me. Neither are many of the other posts on the subject mine either. Had it occurred to you at all that more than one person might disagree with you?
As for "the model", I don't know her so I neither like or dislike her. I just find it tiresome to see people attacking and deriding somebody they don't know just because she may be the girlfriend of an actor.
I totally agree
- R473 You're right, this is as actually the second time this poster has 'just joined the thread' in a few pages.
- R470 reminds me of that Mary-[...] or whatever that troll's name was - totally crazy and totally hijacked every thread with her insanity.
This troll tends to quiet down in the mid-afternoon eastcoast time, which leads me to believe that she's in Britain and in an institution where they shut down internet privledges in the evening.
- WOW. You can't even type out R-o-c-h-e-l-l-e anymore due to that troll!
Now that was a REAL troll!
- Wow is this thread even about BC anymore...?
- Lets get it back on track. Someone just posted she saw Benedict at Harvey Nicks today and he was with a date. Perhaps buying clothes with the model. He needs some decent clothes for Toronto
- Where was that posted R480?
- Most likely Tumblr, [R481].
- 480, where is this post?
- It was on twitter. Have yet to find it.
- Wow r69. Aren't you a nice addition to the Datalounge. Not.
- 'Omgogmfmggmgmg GUESS WHO I SAW TODAY BTW!!! Benedict Cumberbatch in Harvey Nicholes!!!!!'
'Omg i wanted to take a pic but he was like on a date.... -.- oh well.'
'Still CAN NOT believe Benedict Cumberbatch passed by me!!! Like minddd blown....'
are the tweets.
- Found it. Take it with a grain. The girl kind of seems a bit juvenile.
- Forgive me...I meant r469.
- All talk about this model is awful. The people defending her and the people trashing her both suck. Both groups are to blame for this thread going to shit. Just fucking stop already.
- [R487] - You're right, though. This should be taken with a grain of salt...
Something else I feel like I should point out: I remember a time when people freaked out because he was seen out to dinner with "some blonde girl" that apparently turned out to be his niece.
Honestly, though, I'm really not concerned about who he decides to date/hook up with because that's his choice and he knows what makes him happy more than anybody else in the world.
My problem is when the fans suddenly get crazy over vague posts from unreliable websites/sources and start acting like what they hear is true.
Personally, I wouldn't believe something like this until it comes from BC, whoever he's dating, or their PR people. Until then, I'm just gonna let him go on with his life
- That girl confirmed seeing "blonde model kind of type woman"
- Oh for fuck's sake - we have CUMBERBITCHES here now?
Why? Why do all you middle-aged fan fraus come to the DL? You are not gay, you don't belong here.
- Still, FWB can shop. And fuck in the dressing room.
- Also, most Cumberbitches are teenaged girls. Not house-fraus
- R493 -Lol, that's the best kind of sex
- Blonde model type could also be his niece, who I think is his assistant too
I remember the pics of them going to a movie and no one knew it was his niece
Im a fan of his and until hes on a red carpet with someone, or better yet when he gets married, I don't care..I just wanna see his nest movie
- R496 Ditto
- The niece or the PR woman he;s with sometimes most definitely dont look like a model. Some twitter posters sent her a link to the model photos and she said it was her. The fans who dont want to believe it will freak out. He's probably paying for a load of new dresses for russianmodel to attend some premieres on his arm.
- It's beginning to sound like this relationship rumour might have some substance. Well I guess he's been single (at least publicly) for a long time so I guess it's not that surprising. Don't know anything about this girl but if she is the new girlfriend I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of her. Good luck to them. Whether its a fling or a serious relationship. You only live once and if David Walliams can get a twenty something model to marry him and have a baby then why not Cumberbatch.
- 'tbh he was just there with this blonde women came in n ate then left. Meh'
and the plot thickens.
- A model ate something? Now that is news!
- This chick actually makes vapid Alice Eve look good? Soo, if he's actually banging this Russian model and goes public with her, Alice is going to look like an idiot for posting all of those pics for fans to speculate over. Unless he's banging both of them...
- Go Ben, have a lot of fun.
- Don't agree R502. There's something very unlikeable about Alice Eve. Not getting that vibe from anything I've read about this girl. But I may well be wrong.
It's even possible as someone said earlier that he may even be letting this relationship go a bit more public as a bit of a put down to Eve's kind of obvious attempts to allign herself with him for PR purposes.
Who knows. Like R503, I hope he's having fun
- Ben's got quite a rollout underway in the next few months. "The Fifth Estate" will be opening this year's Toronto International Film Festival, which will also screen two other films featuring Ben: "August: Osage County" and "Twelve Years a Slave." The DVD/Blue Ray of "Star Trek: Into Darkness" is also coming in September, and in October the National Theatre Live has encore showings of his "Frankenstein" (which somebody's really going to have to edit together someday so that he's playing Victor opposite his own Creature.) Then at Christmas there'll be his voice/motion capture Smaug in the second "Hobbit" film, and the third season of "Sherlock" should pop up sometime in early 2014. If the past is any indication Ben will be out doing publicity for all of the above, plus picking up any and all decent acting jobs he can fit into his schedule. How he could possibly have time to develop a deep and abiding relationship with the woman of his dreams is a question only the fangurls can answer. I think that giving little Ben a dip in the pool of hot starfuckers surrounding him at this time is probably all he's up for right now.
- Correction, I don't think he'll be doing publicity for the NT "Frankenstein." It's the second set of encore showings and if last year was any indication they'll be filled to the rafters with tingling Cumberbitches in French-knotted scarves.
- I can't wait for the press tours to begin.
- Thanks for the recap, r505! Along with r507, I'm looking forward to all the press junkets and media coverage this fall for all his upcoming projects and hoping he's able to navigate the more controversial ones as he's known to put his foot in it on occasion. Hopefully, 12YAS and T5E will be well handled by him and his people.
- I'm interested to know what he'll get up to in Toronto while filming Crimson Peak. Its a shame Emma Stone isnt still involved. They could have got up to some fun there.
- agreeing with 505 dude is so busy for the next yr and a half really, if he wants to get laid, let him get laid when he can
- I agree with R505 and R510 if it makes him happy let him be honestly after everything he's worked for at this point he deserves a little break in the form of casual sex
- Am I correct that Crimson Peak is a horror film? I rarely go to see s horror film in the theater (the last time I did was The Others with Nicole Kidman). I will rent a horror film on DVD on occasion.
Is Crimson Peak a haunted house story?
- Yes Crimson Peak is a haunted house film. Mia Wasikowska comes to a mining town in the North of England and moves into an old house. She falls for Cumberbatch's character (not Hunnam - hes playing against type as the nerdy guy she never notices). Cumberbatch is by all accounts the typical gothic swashbuckling alpha male. Chastain is his sister. I believe Mia marries Cumberbatch. 2 of the characters are apparently very kinky. I'm assuming thats Benedict's charactr and his sister. Mid way through the film there is a twist which Guillermo wont explain for obvious reasons. There are 3 murders. There's a lot of extreme violence and one or two kinky sex moments as well. Then you have the ghost aspect too. Its not clear if some of the film is set in a later time period.
- Cumberbatch sucks at sex scenes. It always looks so awkward and unsexy. I also don't know if it's cause of the shape of his lips but he is a godawful kisser on screen. The thought of him doing sexy things in this movie actually makes me cringe. He is just so inept at it I worry his lack of skill will suspend belief in his character.
- Oh dear. Hope he's better in real life then or the model will have had a disappointing trip to Ibiza.
- R514, have you seen The Last Enemy's sex scenes? I think they can be found on YouTube. They're so passionate and filled with desperation that they actually looked believable.
- R514 SO GLAD I'M NOT ALONE. It's like the elephant in the room nobody mentions it I felt like such a perv for noticing.
- In his defense, a lot of the time the character he is playing is an awkward being in general. Parade's end he was just a gentleman so he didn't want to be all rompy. Small Island he was an awkward fuck. But in To The Ends of the Earth he jumps on that ho like a squirrel monkey like damn. I agree about The Last Enemy. Another thing is that the woman is such an aggressive kisser that she was kind of leading him.
Why yes, I am pathetic for detailing this......
- This is R514
The first time I ever posted that I thought Ben was clumsy at sex scenes was on his IMDB page. I thought I would get so much abuse for it but surprisingly most of his fans agreed with me. He really does look like an inexperienced school boy in all the sex scenes I've seen him in. I honestly thought the scenes in The Last Enemy were particularly bad. The kiss in the kitchen was way too frantic and he kept twisting his head around too much. The sex scene where he kisses her armpit was worse. Although I do have to say that the intensity in his eyes as he looked at her almost made up for the rest of it. The sex scene in To the Ends of the Earth was just bad altogether. Maybe the sex scene in Parade's End wasn't terrible but I was distracted by his terrible kissing. Maybe he gets performance anxiety and it translates on film? I really can't help but compare him every time to Michael Fassbender who is just so sexually magnetic and confident in those types of scenes. Honestly, if you put Cumberbatch's best sex scene up against Fassbender's sex on the couch scene from Fish Tank, it's no contest. Ben might come across as a British gentleman, but that doesn't get you very far between the sheets.
Hopefully his model friend can help him practice his sexual moves..
- I still like the theory that the only reason why his PR isn't immediately shutting down the rumors is because he doesn't want to imply that he's gay because he officiated a gay wedding.
I'm sure he kisses better irl. There was that book review video of him giving ex Olivia a smooch.
- Agree with 520. I just figured he brought along a date because he was afraid of being hit on at a gay wedding. Any Cumberbitches reading this need not necessarily worry.
Even if they are seeing each other, I think the odds of it being a long-term thing are low into the ground. Like a previous anon said, she's a notorious gold digger, and I think he knows better.
- It would be hilarious if he was using a golddigger to publicly ward off an instagram posting fame whore.
- I just think he kisses in character. Not defending him but I think he;s the ultimate actor and will kiss the way he thinks the character will. He always plays clumsy nerds so yeah they arent going to be uber sexy. Now if he's shit in Crimson Peak then I'll eat my words. So I guess I'm saying the jury is still out.
I think women find his "dorky" attitude sexy, along with his talent, personality...
- R23 Definitely agree about him kissing in character.
Anyway, I found a translation to a Japanese interview and what he says about what he finds sexy and what he wants in a relationship is pretty interesting...
"What is your definition of “sexy?"
A woman who knows that she doesn’t have to get all decked out to look good is sexy. A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important. I also think someone who is good at working with others is sexy. It’s like playing a tennis doubles match. You need to be able to work well together if you are to stay as partners for a long time.
What about marriage?
It is a wonderful thing to get married young and become a father. I used to think that I’d get married by mid-30’s and have children. But now I think I can wait. I’m no longer in a hurry to get married. I would like to first get to know the partner and build a trusting relationship before making the commitment. "
- How is that "interesting" r525? Are you a woman who thinks you'd be the perfect match?
- Probably not. She wanted to share that he wants someone who makes him feel smart. The model makes sense now. Unless that was a translation error.
- Translation error or Freudian slip?
- She appears to have removed the BC comments from her Facebook. Hmmm commendable unlike Alice 'famewhore' Eve. Or he told her to "Shut it we're just fucking."
- What comments were on her Facebook?
- Just people making comments like "Oh you and Ben are soooo cute" "Making out with Benedict Cumberbatch" "Either dress will make Ben happy" just along those lines.
- Is he even a land mammal?
- Original, r: 532
- Comments are still there. You see, but you do not observe.
- Re: 529: I'm not sure how "commendable" it is. She may want to respect their relationship (*snort*) or she may have realized that she doesn't need to drop hints now that there's a photograph of them together -- especially if those hints irritate BC.
- WTF is with you people who don't know how to reference another post?
How hard is to type a damned "R" followed by the post number to which you're responding?
- I think the translation of the Japanese article is very ruff. I suspect its more to do with him saying he finds a good conversationalist sexy.
- BC is not irritated by the photographs, the fangurls are. It's hard to accept he has sex and when possible with a beautiful model.
- R536 I use Re: in my work all the time. That is all. Relax.
- R525 here. Sorry, I should have clarified why I posted that.
A few pages back people were talking about how he was always saying he wants children, and that the girls he's been hanging out with lately don't seem like they'd be "the one". If you actually read the answer I posted you'll see that he isn't in a hurry looking for the mother of his children anymore.
That is what I found interesting.
So, with that answer I think the girls he's been with lately are probably just friends with benefits. He doesn't really have time to "cultivate" a relationship so he's going with the flow.
R527: Yeah, I thought that might be a translation error. Or maybe he's just saying stupid things without thinking again since he doesn't have good conversation skills himself. Who knows?
- He's so ugly.
- R541 He's the embodiment of the difference good looking and attractive. No he definitely is not conventionally good looking but he definitely is extraordinarily attractive to loads of people. But not to everyone obviously.
- His features are attractive on him but would look weird/unattractive on anybody else
- He's gorgeous
- I'd say those looks indicate a close friendship while filming Parade's End. Perhaps he likes older women.
- I get why people find him ugly. His face is made up of extreme and mismatched features but that's what draws me to it. It's exotic and otherworldly and never boring or the same. I'll take that over the many generic Hollywood pretty boys any day.
- He is a perfect amalgam of his parents' features.
- He really is, r548. His mother especially. She was gorgeous and he owes his mouth and eyes to her.
- R546 At least he's not just into blondes
I doubt it.
- new photos of him leaving Cirque Le Soir. He was there celebrating his birthday. A guy on twitter said Stephen Fry was there and James Rhodes the pianist. Now this will set the cat among the pidgeons. He was papped holding hands with a red head. It looked like one of pr people was there with him too but the hand holding infront of the photographers is very telling. He wanted people to see that he wasnt with the model. That he's having fun and screwing around.
Also the woman is no spring chicken. Someone right for his age which again will make his older fans feel they have a chance. Well played pr people. Well played.
- Why are there so many posts about this fuggo? Is this a frau thing?
- Ha, he looks shitfaced r552. I think the redhead was just helping him out. Not that that doesn't mean he didn't bring her back to wherever to fool around.
For anyone wondering, Katia(aka "the model) isn't the blonde on the left.
- Have you seen him in anything, R553?
I admit he's nothing to look at in still photographs, but as an actor he's incredibly charismatic and sexy. And has a voice that would make a dramatic reading of the phone book a deeply thrilling experience.
- The blonde in the Cirque photographs appears to be his niece and assistant. It sure looks like her anyway. No idea about the redhead, but good on him for having fun and enjoying his time in the spotlight.
- That was fast.
- But then again
You wait years for a girlfriend to come along the two turn up at once. Or not. Depending on where you stand on the great debate;)
- I don't know if I should ask what's he doing or just say the blonde is obviously the girlfriend(they've been linked since late last year, but played the bs "just friends" card) and the redhead is actually just a friend. Friends can hold hands, and they were both drunk. Wonder why Katia couldn't make the birthday celebration, though. Or maybe she was there, but they left separately.
Or,or...she really is a goldigging whore who was a date of convenience. Maybe I'll leave that last theory for the Cumberbitches who will be crying into their hankies because of these pics.
- He most certainly hasn't been seeing Katia since last year. Up until earlier this year, she was in a long term relationship with her PR man.
A PR man who consistently wins awards for his PR skills.
There are the facts. Make of them what you will.
- I think the pictures of the red head are staged and to steer away any attention from him and Katia (and the photo's of them sharing a kiss and chilling on the sun lounger the Mirror ran this morning).
The blond is his assistant and the chunky blonde man is Adam Ackland, the best pal!
He looks steamboats in the pictures, haha!
I think he just doesn't care anymore. His star has grown so much and the media are going to be on him all the time now! Embrace. Embrace.
- Katia is the real gf. The red head is a decoy...an attempt to deflect the ill will of the internet away from Katia. Good luck, mate.
- "An attempt to deflect the ill will of the Internet away"
Hahahaha..Lols. Of course it's fucking not!
Yeah, I can imagine his PR sitting round going, "OK guys we need to stage a photo op just to shut up a few whining Minnies on Tumblr.
If there was a concerted effort to keep anything quiet, them Katia wouldn't have been dropping the hints she has been of late. She enjoys publicity and patently wants to have a high profile. Being a model doesn't necessarily mean you have to be this way, many arent, But her, rather attention grabbing posts and scantily clad pics are obviously indicative of a dearie for celebrity,
And as a previous poster commented, she had a LT boyfriend who is well versed in PR. She'd pick up a thing or two.
- Well I guess if anybody finds out who the redhead is it might shed some light in the "situation." The Mirror pics definitely indicate there was a bit more than "just old friends" interaction going on with "the model" in Ibiza. He looks as drunk as a skunk in the "redhead" photos so hard to tell if the hand holding is indication of a relationship or grabbing hold of someone to lead him to his car before he falls over ;)! We shall see. This is proving to be quite an enjoyable little mini-series.
- Where are all those posters who claim to be in the know when you need them?
- R563, those "whining Minnies" can be vicious cunts when no one is looking. One need only skim this thread to see how territorial obsessed fans can be. However you feel about Katia or her possible motives, she doesn't deserve to be harassed or targeted by vitriolic fans. The only problem is that these staged pap shots are very transparent, so not sure how successful they'll be in the long run.
And for the record, your own biases are showing when you accuse a young woman of being calculating, but refuse to acknowledge that the much higher profile celebrity is not working an angle.
- Oops...that should be "the much higher profile celebrity *is* working an angle."
- I'm going to make an educated guess and say the redhead is Adam Ackland's wife. Did BC get advice from Tom Hiddleston? It all seems too familiar.
- This dude is a total fugmonster. I am sad you gays have such bad taste.
- Just as an aside (since you mentioned Hiddleston), I did notice Luke Windsor (Tom's PR guy) behind Benedict on the red carpet at The World's End premiere in NZ. Luke also tweeted details of his trip that indicated he was on the same flight as BC. I don't know why he was there, but I can't imagine BC would want to work with him. He's certainly done Hiddleston no favors.
Like sands through the hour glass...
"Harassed and targeted" um.. Dramatic much? Where has this occurred exactly?
I get a bit bored of people hysterically claming that jealous and rabid fans are everywhere, when in reality they make up a v small minority.
In fact her FB page has had several egoboosting comments about her and BC and she 'liked' them all. They have since been deleted.
It's also silly to say that 'the higher profile celebrity' is being ignored. The hints have come from katia for a while now..nothing at all from BC. There is no bias here.. There are facts. So please don't make presumptions about me.
- R568 it seems my educated guess was wrong, Ackland's wife looks nothing like the redhead.
- Someone mentioned this is 'the widower he has been dating for months'?
This is better than an episode of Eastenders!
Do you not think these photo's are a little too deliberate?
I think he is at it with the blonde and this is to put people of. The Mirror decides to run these photo's today and this happened last night....
He looks fugly in the night time pics!
- Divorcee not widower - my bad!
- None of them look drunk. They just look like they have a bunch of flashbulbs going off in their faces.
- He needs to focus on his work. I want some good performances out of him.
If last night was staged to lessen the blow to fans about the russian model then its backfired. He just looks like a player now.
In any event its terrible timing or for disinterested bystanders very funny indeed.
- By the way Hiddleston's pr man was at worlds end because he also looks after Nick Frost.
- Neither the redhead or blonde are his girlfriend. Nor were these PR "stunts."
The redhead is actress Charlotte Asprey. He's known her for over a decade. They were all out at a party his friends arranged for his birthday but they all seem a bit bewildered by the club. They were supposed to go out the back/side but there was an issue so they stumbled out together. She was a little scared though.
Katia and Ben have known each other for years now too but nothing serious ever came out of it. She was a separately invited guest of one of the grooms. Don't get me wrong, they're close friends, but it's not romantic.
He was concerned fans would be mad/disappointed about him not being at comic con which is why he let it out he was going to Spain. Honestly didn't think he had much to fear re:paps in a country he's not well known in.
Ben's not PR-interested beyond the bare minimum necessary to get work, if I may be completely honest. He's not a "OMG look at me" type. Stuff like this happens and he'd rather just disappear.
- R578, source for your info? Do you know one of the parties involved? Not trying to be confrontational...just curious.
P.S. The additional Ben and Katia pics that surfaced today are really lovely. I think after the initial shock, the fans could grow to like her. She seems very pleasant and non-threatening. If what you say is true, however, I suppose it's a nonissue.
- Katia is far from nice and nonthreatening..believe me,
She is hell bent on raising her profile and has her own PR working very hard.
The pictures today hardly show a loved up relationship and the fact they've been released as a response to the club pictures is very telling indeed.
- I'm assuming R578 knows Benedict personally?
Anyway, what they say about Charlotte Asprey lines up with an article I saw on the Mirror yesterday night. They're old friends from drama school.
- I can not understand if Katia is his girlfriend, why is he hiding that. He does not seem like a guy who would hide the fact
that he has a girlfriend, but on the other hand, judging by the pictures, he and Katia are definitely not just friends.
- Just throwing my 2 pence in for what it's worth. My brother works in PR in London and we were discussing the first photos that emerged of him and Katia in Ibiza (not the one with the mates at the table as that was a facebook one, but the ones round the pool in the Daily Mirror)he said they seemed to be the typical lets make them look candid but actually they've been taken with our knowledge set ups that he has himself arranged in the past for certain clients. Then when the photos of his birthday party emerged he was divided between an obvious curve ball to throw the more shall we say rabid fangirls off the scent of Katia but it backfired or mates being surprised by paps outside. But today his opinion was that its extremely interesting that more images of him and Katia in Ibiza have surfaced since the club pictures yesterday. From all the rumours and gossip about Katias PR it he said it wouldn't surprise him if it was her team that had leaked them and/or took the photos in the first place. I should make it clear that I do not work in the PR industry I just hear certain tid bits every so often when I see my brother he knows some info on various actors etc which of course before anyone berates me could be false in itself.
Anyway apologies for the long message I just thought I would add the opinion of someone who does this for a living.
- @ 579. Yes. This isn't scandalous though, you know? I wouldn't be talking if it was something that wasn't out there.
I don't have a firm opinion on Katia as person.
@582. They've dated before, briefly about two years ago or so. It just never goes anywhere.
@583 is onto something that's possible but I can't confirm or deny, sorry. Just noting it's not Ben's doing. And yes, the birthday party was just a coordination mess.
- What kind of club is that anyway?
- @585 one of those wild circus ones. They've got similar places in NYC (think SNL, Bill Hader's Stefan character was a parody of those club types).
- R582 He would be hiding it because his appeal to his fans lay in his talent, wit and his stated desire to have babies. He just had an interview where he said intelligent conversation is sexy. If you natter on like that, then fuck a young Russian model, you're going to look like a douche. Duh.
- Not sure it matters. His fans didn't exactly turn out for Star Trek en masse, though that had limited appeal to women anyway.
- There is no appeal to me in someone who states they want to 'have babies', in fact it lowers his appeal. Oh yay, he's got something in common with the rest of the entire planet!
And anyway, does he know that having a baby lowers your IQ 20 points?
- Benedict's not my cup of tea (not just because he's straight) but here's my two cents. The blonde seems like quite the opportunist so I wouldn't be surprised if she and her PR were responsible for those pictures. Making a lot of fuss over some overhyped pictures - the kiss looked more spontaneous than passionate and the "loving caress" of the arm looked more like him brushing against her or trying to get her attention. Not even going to go into the redhead because I'm just not feeling that at all for various reasons.
Anyway, Cumberbitches would be wise to understand that just because he's kissing a girl doesn't mean they're sharing true love, or that their entanglement is going to last longer than a week. Let the poor man have fun.
- (R 587) You're absolutely right, fucking a young Russian model, does make him look like a douche! Especially when is followed by holding hand pictures with a Red head.:)
- He's bound to lose some of his fanbase because of this. Not because they think they stood a chance but because the press stories imply promiscuity.
His image (whether by accident or not) is based on him being a nice guy who doesnt sleep around.
The pr line spun in Japan was a sensible backtrack on the usual I want to settle down asap and have lots of kids (which was getting tiresome. However the stories on the two ladies has unpicked some of the good work he did in Japan. A lot of older fans seem irritated that he's been so predictable by looking at foreign models. They thought that was Di Caprio's territory.
If his team are holding back news of a film project it might be wise to release it soon so fans have something else to chew over.
His fanbase might not have turned out in droves in the UK for STID but producers are still aware he has a very strong following and that is bound to help him get roles. So it would be silly to jeopardize that so early into his push towards A list.
- COME BACK @583 YOU WERE ONTO SOMETHING!
also intrigued as to who @584 was who also seems to be in the know
- Some other pics have surfaced today but nothing new really. Can't post link. having breakfast together (nothing romantic), him with his hand at the bottom of her back at the wedding (again nothing wow). Looks like we are going to get a few pics a day.... ;)
There is absolutely no denying these pictures. Yet, i still dont believe she is a girlfriend. Dating, yes but girlfriend, no! I don’t think he’ll even respond to this. He certainly can’t use the ‘old friends’ story now.
What I dont get is these photo’s came out a week after they were taken? A week!!!...
and the morning after he was pictured holding hands with Charlotte. I believe he was told these were coming out (only from reading extracts of Chezza Cole’s autobiography was i made aware that celebs/their agents are told that a paper is running going to run a story – I thought the papers just went ahead) and wanted to take away as much as possible from Katia and Ibiza because she is not long term. If they were properly together, I think we would know. Any self righteous girl wouldn’t sit back and be referred to as ‘One of two girls’ and if he is as bloody lovely as everyone says he is and had a girlfriend that people have been disrespecting for days now, i’m sure something would have been said by now.
Was Katia spotted at this belated birthday booze up of his? Seems odd considering she lives in London and is meant to be with him, yet no sightings or mention of her there….
- I find it a little suspicious that in the course of 30 pages there have been like 4 people who identified themselves as "working PR in London" or knowing someone who works PR in London. Especially because 1) Datalounge is primarily posted on by Americans and 2) England does not have such a huge film industry that there are so many PR people running about. Most UK talent switch to PR reps from Los Angeles when they start to hit it big.
I think this is all just posts from BC fans that are concerned about the fact that their imagined "white knight" appears to be wearing armor made of tinfoil and falling off his white horse. Anyone that can look at those pics and deny that he's fucking the Russian is deluding their self. Also, the fact that he's not bothering to deny it speaks volumes. I gotta admit though, more intimate pics coming to light the day after he's seen with the redhead seems shady as hell and more the model's doing than Brnedict's. I wonder if there are any juicier pics out there that this publication are waiting on to release? Where are any of Ben's friends that convieniently pop up when you need them?
- Oh I'm not denying that they've fucked. I'm just curious if there will be any exclusive relationship of his.
- Can someone at least tell me which site has the latest pics if no one's going to link to them?
- R595 I'm with you. R583 doesn't even make sense. Why would BC set up photos of BC and Katia one day, then try to "throw fangirls off the scent of Katia" by the redhead photos the next? Seems to me the redhead photos were set up as damage control by BC. Can also believe the new photos were from Katia's camp. Seems she learned a thing or two from her PR-ex. Rehearsals for her new play start today. That's what you get from playing with famewhores.
- Smart move for publicity for her play. But it still makes BC look like a sellout douche. Threads about to close. Moving here.
- Apropos of nothing, has anyone here been to Tring in Hertfordshire?