- V.J. is engaged? To Who? Glad for her though!
- where did you find out about the engagement?????
- Hope VJ fixes her hairline before the wedding!
- In the last WNBA thread. That was the last thing mentioned on that thread.
- First time watching Phoenix this season and wondering why they are so horrible. Taurasi is being a crazy ball-hog.
- Becky is still with Brenda.
- [r6] Brenda who?
- Milano. Coaches at St Francis.
- R5, yeah DT tried to take the team on her back, but that ain''t gonna work. Plus, sometimes, I think temeka johnson tries to take the place of Cappie too much. You''re not Cap TJ, just pass the ball and get your little open jumpers when you can and for God''s sake, who drew up the plan to have her take the last shot!?
- I couldn''t believe she took the last shot! I am just waiting for her to feel sorry for herself on twitter.
- OP claims to be in the w. Fake or real?
- And thank you for starting this thread.
- Sounds like Sue Bird if you ask me..the money sounds about right..from the Long Island NY area..has a townhouse in Manhattan, a house on Long Island..interesting..I can''t think of any other current WNBA players..Definitely not any NY Liberty players..
- I don''t seriously think she''d be on datalounge spilling all her tea. Come on.
- I''ve seen LJ nude but I hadn''t seen *those* nude pictures in the Penny thread.
Didn''t desire to either but I''m nosey enough to give the once over
- Penny has one of those square faces that I just can''t be attracted to. Very unattractive to me. Candice Dupree also has a very square face.
- I posted this on the last threat before finding this one--- what is up with DeSouza?
- ^I haven''t been paying attention to them lately, has her play been off? (DeSouza)
- She (DeSouza) did absolutely nothing against Indianapolis. Most of the game was on the bench. She just didn''t look focused or enthused at all.
- DeSouza seems to pick up quick fouls early. Maybe that messes with her focus.
- LJ just posted a new pic of herself on her FB account. She''s in a T-Shirt with a Rainbow Heart and it says "Lady Gay Gay"..and she''s standing between Ashley Robinson and LeCoe Willingham..hmmmm
- Post the photo or it didn''t happen. :)
- LOL, R22..I actually tried to right click it and save to show you but it won''t let me do it...sorry! Search for her on FB, you can find her relatively easy...
- Ashley Robinson just posted pictures of the "girls night out"..most of the Seattle Storm out for dinner and drinks..Sue is just gorgeous..OMG...Anyone who is friends who AROB can see the pics..Seattle is actually a pretty good looking team.
- Are you able to post the pics?
- Link please.
- if you are so desperate/excited to show us the pics you are talking about, you could print screen them and post them here.
- Thanks for the effort, r23. I deleted FB a while ago, so ..(see link)
- Does Ashley have any pics of DT? I wonder if they''re still friends.
- It''s a fake. And besides, Sue doesn''t own any real estate in NY. All she ''owns'' is her condo on Queen Anne. When she''s in NY she stays with family. I don''t claim to know her, just know this stuff from interviews, etc.
- New York is not playing the way i thought they would play. They lost to Minny! A team that is not even playing together that well.
- Cappie seems to be on the verge of a breakdown on twitter. She''s weird.
- ^ Breakdown!? I think that''s a bit over reaching. If you''ve been following her for a while, you''ll see Cappie every now and then says something strange or just huh? haha :) She''s unique, I''ll tell ya that!
- Anyone know why Dee stopped being so active on Yardbarker? It seemed she was really forthcoming a few years ago and than just stopped.
someone with too much time on their hands
- Got in trouble and too much negative attention from the ultimate panty droppers post.
- Wow, that post was hilarious. She was fun. I would have thought the league would like that post, made it seem like she was straight.
- I loved her on yb. But like most things I come to love about the w it was short lived. I don''t know why they create personal websites then don''t update them or how a team will start a promo and don''t get the word out.
- I''m not a fan of hers, but I thought her YB was great. She actually came across as pretty smart and witty, not the cursing meat head you see on the court. I do wonder if she actually wrote it when I see comments like she doesn''t know who Elena Kagan is. How can someone who supposedly watches CNN and watches the news occasionally not know who Kagan is?
- ^ What are talking about? Nobody knew who Elena Kagan was until a few months ago. Well after DT stopped blogging.
- I think she was referring to a recent article. I think it was on SI.com.
- Can i have the link please?
- Actually, some people did know who Kagan is. I know I''d seen her speak on news programs previous to her nomination. I don''t really care for her. That''s neither here nor there.\
Too bad about Candice.
- Just google "panty droppers taurasi"
- I feel bad for Candice. She was just getting hder game back. I hope the lynx can rebound from this. Monica Wright and the rest of the bench are going to have to step up.
- i cannot find anything about Taurasi not knowing who Kagan is. Anyone have a link?
- I saw her Taurasi on my flight today. Her nose isn''t as big in person. I wasn''t going to ask for an autograph but she was surrounded by her teammates and I didn''t want to ask just her.
- Nancy L. discussion begins anew:
- Nancy isn''t worth pur time.
- Ugghh! Nancy!
- Lucky you r46. You were in the presence of greatness!
- I guess :) She was chilling w/ Tangela Smith who is gorgeous in real life. Didn''t she date Yo?
- I love Tan! Who is Yo. For what its worth did you see any interaction with penny and dt? Just curious lol.
- Yo Griffith. No, Diana was sitting nxt to Tangela, Dewanna and I think Sequoia watching soccer. Penny was on the other side nxt to someone who was probably the trainer on her phone.
- Really? Tan never really pinged to me.
- ^She likes the ladies. ^^Who the hell doesn''t know who Yo is? Wow. Not being a behind, r52, that''s just surprising. She was in the league since 1999 and just retired in 2009. That''s 10 years!
- I thought it was Whitmore that Tangela was linked to, not Yo.
- The Kagan question was asked of Taurasi (and 3 other athletes) in the 6/21/ issue of Sports Illustrated, in the "Pop Culture Grid" weekly feature where they ask athletes questions about current cultural issues. To the question, "Elena Kagan is..." Taurasi answered: "Never heard of her-or him."
- I have a hard time respecting someone who can''t string together 3 words without inserting a expletive. The SI Grid just confirmed what I always thought: she''s dumb jock. I can''t believe some people actually thought that she wrote the response to the LA Times, her management did a good job of trying to convince the public that her IQ is more than double digits.
- Also is it just me or is anyone else not feeling the WNBA season this year? It''s boring. Everyone knows Seattle will win already.
- [R59] Yeah, this season seems to be missing something. I thought this was going to one of the better seasons. Maybe as the season goes on it''ll get better. [R54] Tan doesnt ping to me neither. I wonder whose she dating now; if anyone?
- R59, don''t count your chickens just yet about Seattle. We all know their bodies tend to wear down at playoff time. We''ll probably be seeing Bird and LJ sitting on the bench with some injury watching tanisha and camille try to win a game for ''em. Who knows. The W has been kinda boring this year. When Cappie left Phoenix, I knew that was gonna take some enjoyment out of the league for me and it did. I just loved watching Cap and Dee playing together; guess I''ll get that fix at the all-star game and the Worlds.
- This league needs a controversy!
- Alright clam down r55. I do obviously know who Yolanda is but I had a brain fart, it happens.\
So swoops made this dubious list. Is it possible that she made $50 mil? And blew it?? That seems exaggerated.
- lol *calms* I have no idea what happened to all of Swoopes money. I just heard she lost it a few years ago. Who knows, maybe some bad investments and the divorce?
- That Taurasi sure is a ball hog. Nice stupid play at the end chucking up the steal.
- ^ Um, they had about 4 or so seconds left and were at the other end of the court. Nothing left to do but chuck it up. But that last possession by Phoenix with 14 seconds left was a horrendous 3 pt heave by DT. They could''ve gotten a better shot and TJ, you''re not Cappie, stop trying to be her.
- This is the last time I listen to anything from the DL related to Taurasi gossip. She is definitely not dating Penny. She was up on the clubs grooving away with a bunch of guys, single as can be. Why do I ever get my gossip from this place?
- Speaking of De Souza, is she with anyone?
- ^^Just don''t take anything related to DT, LJ, Sue or Penny seriously. And take everything else with a grain of salt.
- Did you see her at the club r67?
- Yes I did! She was dancing and drinking away with a bunch of guys, no Penny in sight. I was disappointed, like "What she is straight!" It was like a Husky reunion up in that place. You people, always getting my hopes up.
- candice dupree not with ford ... so who is she dating now?
- [R71] What other Huskies did you see?
- I''m more surprised that anyone actually believed any of the rumors regarding DT, LJ, Sue....and now Penny. The vast majority of those posts reek of fangirl fantasies.
- Hear, hear, R74 - nothing but imaginative fantasies. And I''m also curious to hear why people think Dupree is going out with Ford. Did they go out to dinner? Attend each other''s games? You have to have more than that to base it on.
- R74, I know right!? Never take the stuff on here as truth, especially when it comes to DT, LJ, and Sue. Like someone said, bunch of fangirl fantasies. However, I don''t think DT''s straight :)
- R75, you know on here, it doesn''t take much to put somebody together. I think some people saw Dupree at a few of Ford''s games and/or saw Ford sitting with Dupree''s mom at one of her games or vice versa. Something like that lol.
- I believe the Dupree and Ford pairing started back in 08 when there were pictures of Dupree in the Shock locker room after they won the championship.
- we have not figured out who Dupree is with...
- Dee seemed straight in college. She''s a big flirt, cocky and brash..I could see why she pinged. But she was definitely known for being a bit of a slut at school. \
she''s probably gonna end up with an NFL player or an NBA player.
- ^ How many times has that been repeated yet never backed up? Sounds like something that was made up by some Dee haters.
- Is Nicole Powell family? She isn''t at the top of her game... but she''s kinda cute...
- I sure hope Diana is not injured. :( Phoenix please turn this season around.
- ^^ Going to take time for a broken hand to heal, but she hasn''t done something else has she?\
I am concerned about Sue Bird spending tonight in the treatment room and sitting on the bench. Svetlana Abrosimova really stepped up though :)
- Dee fell%0D\
And why do you think it''s "hating" for people to say she''ll probably end up with an NBA player or NFL player.%0D\
She''s been linked to quite a few. Dated Dan Orlovsky in college, and was known to get around with a few players on the Uconn men''s team. %0D\
Plus she hangs out with the Phoenix Suns players, and is good friends with terrell Owens..%0D\
Girl likes men...maybe she likes women too..but she likes men..
- She fell really hard and was dragging her right leg. I have a sickening feeling about it, but hope I''m wrong.
- That sucks, it is only a couple of months till the Worlds and it would be nice to have the best US team there.
- Well my friend was sitting by the bench and said that Diana seemed to be in shock and looked really scared as she headed to the lockerroom. She just kept saying, "Oh God" over and over again. She was close to tears, like she knew it was bad. I know she would be devastated if she couldn''t play World''s with Geno. I really hope she''ll be fine.
- Any new sightings by LJ''s nosy neighbor?
- Yeah, where is that nosy neighbor??
- Or the poster who knew one of the male practice member?
- Going back to the world championship I don''t think anyone has said if Candice and Candace will be back by then. I am guessing Beard is expected back soon enough if the Mystics kept her spot open. USA roster is shrinking :-0
- teresa weatherspoon is so fucking sexy
- Teresa is sexy even at her age!
- Im will be praying for Seimone and her family. Tough stuff to go through.
- She and her dad look so much alike. He looks like DJ Premier to me.
- The WNBA all star this year is a joke!. I would rather buy ticket to watch USA vs AUS scrimmage. And again where is that nosy neighbor?
- ^ No, the entire Tulsa team is a joke, the all-star game is a nice little exhibition game. I''m looking forward to it, especially since it looks like Maya Moore will take part.
- That nosy neighbor never happened. I can make something up, if you insist?
- ^ They''ll come back and say the neighbor moved, but they now know one of the Storm''s trainers or got a job in the storm front office, lol! Then it''ll start all over again with people actually believing it.
- Sounds about right.
- The Lynx suck! Pheonix is not as good as i thought they wouild be! The Sparks suck! New yourk still aint right! This whole season SUCKS!
- The storm should just be handed the trophy now and call it a season. That way the ladies can get some rest.
r 85 -\
Terrel Owens? Ummm a little wonky in my opinion. My gaydar says not quite so on the straight side of the fence.
You''re absolutely right. It seems like all the teams are at a stand still; even though I was a big Liberty fan last year I would say the last season was overall more exciting despite the dismal record of my favorite team.
- There''s no excitement in this league. \
What could have started this suckie ass season?
- R103, No way! Seattle has such a good record because they''ve mostly been playing the terrible west teams. If they played the east teams multiple times, their standing wouldn''t be as strong. I think it''s gonna be between the Merc and seattle in the playoffs, but an eastern team is gonna win it all. To make a good prediction on seattle, you need to wait and see if their bodies will hold up till/in the playoffs.
- Sue Bird was about to break down the other night. Glad she''s back.
- I''m glad Sue decided to sit out the San Antonio game. I wish she would skip the LA game today as well. I spoke to my friend at work who is the male practice player. He said he spoke to her Thursday and she said she was going to play. He told her "don''t push it. relax..we need you for the postseason." she told him "Look, I''m fine. Believe me, if my back hurts, I won''t play." He said she is so incredibly competitive that it kills her to sit on the sidelines and watch. He''s starting to talk a little more (he''s been working a huge project at work so I haven''t seen him a lot)...will see what info I can get out of him but to be honest, I''m not sure what he will feel comfortable talking about. Have to just chit chat and see what I come up with. He did mention taking me to a practice..God, that would be awesome..said He''d introduce me to Sue, Svet and LJ if I wanted to meet them..YES PLEASE!!
- WTF was that between Diana and Cappie. I guess they aren''t friends after all.
- And...cue DT/Penny/Cappie love triangle..come on, someone share the "gossip"
- ^ Ha! Gotta be some kind of emotions going on there for that to happen. But I just think it was all a big misunderstanding and things got outta hand!
- No misunderstanding there, Cappie hit Diana twice in the face and clinched her fist to go back in for more when teammates and officials separated them. Do you think you would see this type of altercation between Diana and Sue? Not in this lifetime. Diana would probably weep openly on the court if things ever got ugly with Sue--she''s so weirdly devoted and admiring of her. As a friend of mine who played against them in Europe said, "those two are too damn close".
- ^I respect how you turned this into bad Sue/Dee fanfic. Clever.
I see what you did there
- Thanks! Haha.
- Why is Delisha Milton-Jones such a cunt?
- The obsession with Sue Bird is creepy. What does she have to do with what happened in the game?
- ^Exactly! Surprised she didn''t bring LJ into the mix. Good friends get into some serious fights all the time, who really knows what was going through their minds at a very heated moment.
- R113, nobody hit nobody, quit embellishing! It was a hard foul and yes Cap should''ve gotten a flagrant 2, but she wasn''t trying to hit dt, more like pushing and any "jab" or whatever was accidental in all that chaos.
- Oh Lord, I need to stop following Cappie on twitter because it makes me dislike her. Even though I appreciate the hit she put on big nose (child needed to be smacked a long time ago), I think Cappie is wack for playing the victim on twitter. All of her lil friends are tweeting up "Free Cappie" messages. Girl put three hits on people for nothing, she doesn''t get to play the victim.\
It does make me curious what went down in Phoenix. Talk about unresolved animosity.
- I knew it, now she is talking about God. What a hypocrite. I don''t pray to a God and you don''t see me walking around acting the fool and smacking people. What with him blessing her all of the time, she would think she wouldn''t be so angry.
- Taylor ain''t no victim either, so people need to stop acting like she got knocked out. This happens in contact sports sometimes and it wasn''t intentional on Cap''s part.
- I agree R122. Cappie was swatting for the ball and incidentally hit Taylor. It''s called a hard foul and happens all the time in basketball. \
I''m not convinced Cappie would''ve all of a sudden just started swinging on DT. I think that part was a complete misunderstanding. I believe that Cappie not really looking at DT''s face, just saw a charging Mercury player, and thought she needed to defend herself. \
Anyway this whole thing is being overblown, and I hope that Cappie isn''t made to look like some sort of villain.
- I just find it amusing that when DT smacked Svet in the head in the Phx-Seattle game about a month ago (and was a lot more blatant about the intent to hit her) then got the flagrant foul, the Merc fans on Reb''s board defended her because, of course, it''s DT, she should be allowed to do whatever she wants.\
Now Cappie got Penny on a very similar play, and the Merc fans think it was on purpose, she''s the Anti-Christ, and so on. God I can''t stand those hypocrites. But their game summaries are always like this:\
- I thought it was hilarious...
- Anybody know waht was meant when Coery said what he said of the incident. (form twitter): @b3burch: Corey after Cappie''s flagrant foul on Penny: "Now the truth comes out. Everyone can see."%0D\
- Cappie is really religious, nothing wrong with that. I just don''t know how she could tolerate Taurasi and her irreverent, cocky ways for so long. I remember I was doing temp work for the Sparks, Taurasi came onto the court with all the reporters around, immediately held up both arms and screamed, "Jesus is here!" Mind you this was like her 2nd yr in the league.
- The Euroleague''s groups are all clear now. Fenerbahche and UGMK are together. It''s gonna be interesting, I hope.
- Hate to throw the race card, but white players are favored over black players in the WNBA. At least by the fans, and even in this and other DL WNBA threads.
- That Phoenix crew is a cult. I really like the players on that team but the fans are so hennish. It''s going to turn into a Lakers situation. The next minute you wont understand why you hate purple then you realize, it''s not really Kobe but their obnoxious supporters!
- I don''t think all fans favor white players over black ones, just people who post on the message boards b/c we''re mostly white. Fans at the arenas don''t seem as discriminatory. The nastiest things I''ve heard fans scream are to the white girls, Katie Smith, Lauren Jackson, and Diana Taurasi. Taurasi easily has the most verbal abuse hurled at her. Of course, I live go to Sparks games, so my perspective may be skewed. Another fav target when she played was Stacy Dales for whatever reason. Don''t ask me.
- r126 where did you see that tweet? I went onto Brets twitter and didnt see it. %0D\
I have to say I can only imagine what those fangirls at rebkell are saying. I saw the play a few times and it doesnt look intentional at all. Looks like cp was going for the ball and it looked like a clumsy and somewhat lazy attempt at the ball from cp. Its funny that people forget who the real hot head is. How many times had DT lost her cool and done something childish? How quickly people forget about her medal throwing tantrum or going after svet not to mention all the techs she has racked up over the years. I am not defending cp, she could have handled the situation differently but she doesnt have a history of losing her cool (unlike her former teammate).%0D
- [R132] By now he probaly erased it. Look on someone''s page who retweeted it. Maybe its up on theirs. PhoenyxxRising
- I don''t see the big deal, stuff happens. CP didn''t do it on purpose, Penny either didn''t take it that way (misconstrued)or didn''t care and CP likely mistook DTs movements (going to Penny) as aggression and went after her. Sounds like a misunderstanding they''ll be over before some of them will. They''re so over the top though, Cappie may be branded a threat to society before this is all over.
- Very interesting tweet indeed from Corey. Sounds like there maybe was underly animosity between Penny and Cappie. Maybe Cappie felt like she was the third wheel with DT and Penny and that was another reason she wanted out. I don''t know what to believe about all this Penny and DT are seeing each other crap but from what I''ve heard DT would do anything for Penny. And oh by the way, where is Penny''s husband? Haven''t seen him at any games nor have they shown shots of him at a game not to mentioned that they have failed to mention him. It just seems a bit odd to be honest. You know the announcers are always pushing the Heterosexual couples in our faces..just sayin...
- [R135] That tweet was not by Corey Gaines but by someone who was close to him.\
Maybe Penny and her husband broke up? Or maybe he''s training for his sport(volleyball). Who knows? I dont believe the Penny and Diana bull for a minute.\
Cappie is and will always be a competitor and a hot head on the court. She did not mean to hit Penny but it happened and everything else got out of hand.
- Report from the nosy neighbor, Abby and Lauren are living together. Believe me or not, I don''t give a fuck.
- We don''t give a fuck either, bitch.
Just kidding! Could you imagine? - Stewie
- For the poster who in the winter season was vehement that Lauren Jackson was not even in the top 5 players in the world... SUCK IT! \
Go Storm, Go Opals
- So does that mean Lauren and Abby are dating or just living together?
- Thanks r133. I finally had a chance to look at phoenyxxrisings twitter and I cant believe he would post something like that. Isnt he the pr man? Completely unacceptable imo.
- R124, Oh man you it the nail right on the head regarding some Merc fans! The Merc are one of my fav teams and I love DT (got an autographed pic :)), but some Merc fans got they lips so cemented on her and Taylor''s a**, it''s ridiculous. They paint Penny as some saint and DT never does anything wrong or fouls. I think if Dee murdered someone, they''d think she was justified in whatever way, maybe she had a bad game or something! Whenever the Merc lose, it''s the refs fault; they go after DT or penny. It''s maybe about three or so fans like that on Rebkell, so I just ignore them mostly. It was a hard foul, that happens a lot, players move on. Cappie, on her twitter page, said they all hung out that night. So that''s that.
- Cappie not suspended!
- ^ Great! She was already suspended for that game, enough for something that was basically nothing. Now we can move on :)
- What do you mean she was already suspended?
- She means she was ejected from the game, which should count as a suspension.
- I can''t get page 7 to load...what did I miss?
- I think there is definitely something going on b/w Penny and Cappie. Cappie says they all hung out on twitter; Penny tells a reporter that she hasn''t spoken with Cappie since the incident. I believe Penny, and the fact that Cappie is flat-out lying tells me that she''s trying to hide something. I wonder what the issue is. Diana''s involvement is also interesting. For all the fanfic on this thread, it seems like real life is much more dramatic. They should start a reality series on female basketball players, I''m serious!
- I hate to ask again but I didn''t see where cp said they hung out that night. The whole thing was interesting, I have never seen cp or penny act like that. Should be an interesting all start game.
- The thing that stands out most to me is the way Cappie "attacks" DT. It''s as if she didn''t want DT to be overly concerned with Penny, like she didn''t like how expedient her reaction was to Penny going down after such a hard foul. You have to ask, if it was accidental, why the hell was Cappie pushy towards Diana too? It does make you wonder, but that''s neither here nor there.
- Cappie said on her twitter page yesterday in response to fans "Guys let it go we all hung out that night actually". She wasn''t lying, someone on another board confirmed that Cap and DT were at Cappie''s party that night, talking like normal. They didn''t see Penny, so I don''t know about that. I don''t think Cap attacked Dee at all, not intentionally. If you look at the video, after the hard foul, Cap was walking away and you can see Dee just standing in the background. When Penny got up to rush towards Cappie, then you see Dee running, I believe, to get in between them so nothing pops off. Penny was already up and going to cap when Dee decides to step in.
- R149, here''s Cappie''s twitter response.
- I like how she said she was gonna post all her real fans support then tells everyone to drop it. Lolz!
- [R147] I had the same problem, but turned out it was actually there. Try scrolling down a bit.
free page 7
- Thanks, R154. Found it now. I think it''s whacky because of the long signature line of R124 (if I''m remembering correctly).
- It''s so funny in the Swanier thread, you wouldn''t even know (if you hadn''t seen it) that Penny was even there, let alone involved in the scuffle. They''ve made it seem like it was purely CP "punching" Taurasi. CP and Penny''s behavior was on par, so I guess that''s why they down play her involvement to compare CP was someone who was less involved. Taking into consideration that I don''t think Taurasi should''ve been punished at all for what happened, the other too participants are the cause of the melee.
- To follow up, my reasoning is that PT took exception to CPs foul (which was flagrant but in the course of the game, she didn''t go after PT herself) but I wont tell her how to take it. She charged at CP which is why DT ran to jump into the middle of what was about to happen. She can''t help if CP mistakenly thought she was aggressing towards her, so I don''t blame her for defending herself or CP for defending herself when Penny was coming at her. I think everyone needs to let it go. It''s just amusing that people take it so personally.
- ^ That''s how I saw it as well. A whole lotta of nothing, which is why the league didn''t take any extra actions other than the Swanier suspension. You know there''s a lot of hard fouls done in games and the reactions are the key. Look at how Fowles literally knocked out Sancho Lyttle in that game the other day and the concussion Lauren got from Delisha milton. If LJ or the dream players decided to charge at the one that caused the injury, we''d see a lot of incidents like the recent one at the merc/ny game. Penny herself has gotten knocked around a lot harder and never did anything like she did the other night. Gotta be fair and look at all sides sometimes.
- Any new info on Nolan''s wedding?
- ^ Nolan? I thought it was Vickie johnson who was engaged?
- Sue Bird is a few feet from my desk. Jealous, bitches? Oh, I think so.
- ^ For what?
- I think they''re both engaged (Nolan and VJ).
- No one has any proof for VJ though...
- ^That''s true. The person name came back and stated why they believe that.
- This Wnba All-Star is going to suck. I keep forgetting its Saturday.
- Oddly, I was just on the site yesterday and I''ve already forgotten. Thanks for the reminder, I''ll have to set my phone.
- It''s easy to forget with such a lackluster season.
- LJ has been such a bitch this ASG festivities, from a firsthand source. She was scheduled to do an ESPN tour w/ Diana and Sue and threw a fit and refused b/c she didn''t want to be near Diana. Sylvia had to step in at the last minute, and Sylvia isn''t even representing the World Team. She was withdrawn and bitchy during the reception, left early and is generally uncooperative and makes it very clear that she doesn''t want to be a part of this. They were trying to convince her to attend the ASG at least be in the audience, I don''t think she will. What a fucking bitch. I don''t know what Diana did to her, maybe she burned an Australian flag.
- Good for LJ to show some backbone and not be a puppet of the WNBA. This ASG this year is a joke anyway.
- I wonder did the source hear that or did they pick up on it, r169? \
I like UConn okay but gosh. In Connecticut, with a Connecticut coach and a majority Connecticut team. Kudos to that program but I''m overdosing!
- Just because we like to stir the pot on here, how about everyone, once and for all, state who exactly they think Taurasi was involved with. I remember reading how every little thing had to do with Bird and Taurasi''s major break up and there''s no way they''re just friends and now I''m seeing this shifted to LJ, Penny and Cappie. Just for FUN, can both the non-believers and the hardcore shippers clearly state their beliefs as to whom Miss Taurasi has been in the sheets with? \
I''m imagining a blood bath (game today), we need something else to hold our attention.
Wanting to catch the double dippers
- ^^^ None of them.
- Everyone knows I''m the only one who''s ever fucked Diana.
- And me
- does anyone know if Val Ackerman is a lezzie? She was cute (10 years ago)
- Val is a lesbian. I believe she was dating a sports mag editor a few yrs ago. What was her name, she was the editor of the now defunct women''s sports mag. Lucy something.
- At 169, that is a total lie you just said. None of what you posted is true. I can''t even begin to disect it. Every sentence is wrong!!
- Cappie and LJ looked to be really chummy.
- 178, feel free to dissect.
- Well Lauren seemed perfectly happy to be there. She sat on the WNBA bench and not up in the stands with her Aussie team mates. she went through the handshaking line and was hugging and slapping players on the back.
- LJ was however, suppose to do the ESPN chat with Sue the other day and backed out/ didn''t show up for some unknown reason.
- R181 did she hug DT?
- You couldn''t see that part, Espn camera directors all seem to have nervous breakdowns at the end of games when there are lots of people on court and flick constantly from one camera to the other.\
I think the fact Lauren is wicked shy plays a part in her backing out of interviews, or the Aussies might have decided to have a team meeting as they have very limited time together and in reality play off players will not get to see the core of the team again until the worlds start or maybe the mohegan sun has particularly comfortable beds and she did not want to get up.\
Or maybe she is avoiding someone (The Straight Girl) who totally fucked with her heart and her head. If that is the case would anyone grudge her?
- I''m not disputing what was originally reported, but I saw a clip of LJ on Sportscenter and she seemed genuinely fine. Not like she was unsettled for any reason.
- I don''t know how she was behind the scenes, but Lauren was not that fan-friendly. The least fan-friendly all star this weekend. She would sign autographs perfunctorily without even acknowledging or saying anything to the fans. We were at the end of the arena and a bunch of fans screamed her name after her ESPN sideline interview. She looked up and didn''t even crack a smile. Went back to the bench.
- Tully was there btw, decked out head-to-toe in plaid, including a plaid cap, I kid you not. I was just laughing, thinking that she was married to a man at some point in her life.
- ^The camera caught her. Lauryn seemed fine to me. She has a lot on her plate right now, plus we don''t know what''s going on in her family/friend/personal life. She''s been playing ball professionally since she was a teen. She''s won ONE WNBA title (awesome)and have yet to beat the US at the big show, though they did win that more minor tournament. If you''ve watched her in tournaments before, you know how seriously she takes them. The whole team was heartbroken over that last loss. You start early, you end early, with all the wear and tear on your body.
- No "oh dear", what am I chopped liver? have=has
- The Grammar Queens don''t like basketball!
- Somebody else on another board said LJ was silent towards the fans, standoffish. Maybe that concussion is still giving her problems and she just wasn''t in an "all-star" kind of mood. That said, she could''ve been a little friendlier to her fans. R188, there are many players who are tired and dealing with playing ball year round and many still have a smile and are polite to fans. Just saying.
- [R191] On what board?
- Cold, that''s exactly how I would describe her. Some of the players are not that outgoing. Sue is not going to be as chummy as Tamika Catchings or Sylvia (who is the biggest sweetheart and has amazing bone structure!), but Sue is polite and friendly, even if she kind of keeps a distance. With Lauren, she made it pretty obvious that it was a big imposition, which was surprising to me because I''ve always liked her a lot. Maybe she just wasn''t in a good mood this weekend, I don''t know. I was disappointed though for sure. She could have at least tried to smile or said a few words instead of signing quickly with her head down and moving on.
- Oh no, r191, I didn''t say that to excuse her behavior. I said that because people we''re attributing that behavior and everything else to a relationship with Taurasi. I was saying, she does have a real life, if she''s down/less friendly, it could be about anything.
- Seattle vs Phoenix tomorrow in a day game..should be interesting to watch the interaction between LJ and DT again..I just can''t figure out if they were together and broke up or what is going on. DT seems VERY close to Penny Taylor now.
- Ohhhh yeaaaaah! Post-All Star game action!
Fake it til you make it, bitches.
- They were always really close. I remember Taurasi saying that she talked to Penny everyday when she was in Australia with her ankle injury. I was amused by the ESPN clip where Taurasi loads up on food, like a child with no impulse control, and then Penny foots the bill. No wonder she loves kids, she is one.
- LOL, they were feeding Penny''s entire family. %0D\
Lauren is very shy, sometimes people come off looking standoffish when they are incredibly shy. (I remember Sue saying "she hated me our first year" and Lauren going "No, I was just shy" in an interview.) %0D\
Dee and Lauren seemed fine at the all star game last season (after they had supposedly broken up) They were chatting up more than Sue was with either of them. %0D\
I also read that this year, Geno was teasing Lauren. He probably knows her well because of Sue and Dee, and wouldn''t be joking with her if there was conflict with Diana.
- I think Dee and penny''s relationship is like D and Sue''s. Very sisterly and it must be nice to have someone you''re familiar with in a situation where you''re traveling all the time and you''re in sometimes stressful games. Yesterday''s Seattle/Merc game was amazing and it kills me that some watch it to see the interaction between D and Lauren; I mean it''s hilarious! Did they hug, did they stare at each other, did they touch each other too long. Reminds me when Xena was on the air and their every move was scrutinized afterwards for subtext :)
- Dee went in for a hug and was soundly rebuffed by LJ.\
- ^ I saw it and Dee did not go in for a hug. They both just did a little "good game" pat on the back and that was it. Stop trying to over-dramatize it lol.
- I cant believe Xena has made an apperance on this thread!
- ^ hahaha! I had to mention it cause that''s how some are! They could care less about the game, just wanna see the "interaction" between certain players and read body language.
- Some posters have periodically complained that this thread is too dominated by the Big Three of LJ, DT, and Bird, and not enough attention to other players. These complaints have been met with suggestions that if you're interested in other players you should start a thread about them. But it seems that when someone does mention other players there is never the same response as you get with the big three, sometimes no response at all, which of course discourages any further postings. It seemed that this was an accurate reflection of the degree of interest that exists towards certain players. Therefore it's been surprising reading the W thread at L Chat. Who has been the most talked about player there recently? Cheryl Ford. Yes, Cheryl Ford who's not even playing this year. Surprising? Lots of talk about her relationship with Candice D,etc. Also recently popular have been Deanna, K. Tolliver and Briann January (are they a couple?), Renee Montgomery, Lindsey and Katie.
I don't know what accounts for the difference, but for those who have complained of a lack of diversity in players discussed here, if you aren't already familiar with L Chat you might want to check it out.
- ^that''s a nice site, especially when its primetime here. I welcome any gossip but I particularly like gossip about dt because she''s my favorite player. It would be nice to talk about the games or standings but your right, many of those posts aren''t met with any response. So if anyone wants to talk about anything even related to the w I will join the conversation because my friends aren''t into sports at all and it would be so nice to talk about the league.
- What the hell is meek talking about? She is always bringer her drama onto twitter
- Maybe she''s going through some personal things right now.
- Why is it so slow here?
- @206, Meek''s cousin just died recently and on Wednesday when they played the Storm was the two year anniversary of her grandmother''s passing. So I''m sure this has been a rough week for her. Go back and read some of her old tweets and you''ll see.
- R204, Thank you so much for that link! It was so refreshing to talk about other players for a change and actually see some pics I''ve never seen :)
- I''m a somewhat new fan to the WNBA and just learned about the Latasha Byers incident in LA. Does anyone know who the victim was? Is the victim still in the league?
- Told you, posting the link over there has brought over all the posters who piss their pants at the very mention of a player not being completely straight.
Proud homo and hetero-sexualist who''s just nosey about the truth
- @212, I believe it was Erica DeSouza and she plays for the Atlanta Dream. But you wont'' see her name mentioned in any of the articles on the incident.%0D\
@213, if you''re talking about Rebkell, I read that and they totally ignored the question. I have never posted there, but I read it everyday.
- ^We''re wild and young over here, the L Chat folks don''t have enough stripes to tell those posters where to stick it. \
^^^I don''t know, I only know who people thought it was. I know the case didn''t go anywhere, she wasn''t even indicted.
- Why hasn''t Richardson been fired? Can you imagine Tulsa getting the number one draft pick. Talk about a waste of talent.
- I hope they don''t get that #1 pick. That team just seems like a bunch of scrubs thrown together. And then there''s the Marion Jones.
- Waiving Lacy was a huge mistake. She had potential, you could definitely see that. I feel bad for Kara Braxton, she''s been to the mountain top. How the mighty have fallen. When Jen Lacy is one of your more promising players, you''re in trouble!
- I really hope they don''t get Maya. Maya and the league deserve better than to be thrown in the middle of God-forsaken Tulsa.
- R218, Lacy was hard-working too; you could tell she went all out when she was on the floor. I don''t care how much I love Maya, I still wouldn''t be able to cheer for Tulsa if she landed there. That would be more of a punishment for Maya than a blessing; to be coached by Richardson and to have marion jones as a teammate.
- The needs to fix this draft so Maya can end up somewhere else that is not Tulsa.
- I think giving Tulsa a team was a huge mistake by the league. If they were going to expand, they should have gone with San Fran or even Tennessee.
- They should have put the team in a better market.
- That''s the worst of it. A brand new city, new fans and a team that would be on it''s way out the door in cities not named LA or NY. Even ATL the first year had an excuse for being so bad and managed to turn it around then next season onward. They''re definitely milking this Jones thing and haven''t been able to lure Nolan or anyone else available to the team.
- Storm 19-2..woohoo! LJ and Sue played great!
- NObody posts here anymore or nobody has anything to posts?
- I think everyone moved on to the other board.
- I''ve been posting over there. I hadn''t been over there in ages but there has been more activity lately.
- No prime time over there!
- So quiet here...Any news on LJ and Abby at storm STH?
- It was awesome! I''ve been a STH for 3 years and this is actually my first event. Abby and LJ were physically close the whole time. At times, you couldn''t fit a slip of paper between the two. I''d be blown away if they weren''t together. Sue I couldn''t quite get a read on.
I hvnt evn vstd Sttl
- It''s a good thing there are two games on this week (tues and thurs). The WNBA, for the first time, has felt like an online virtual league. It''s happening somewhere in the universe, theoretically, but I only get to see scores and still pictures of players.
- [R232] LMAO! That''s exactly how it feels! This season still sucks! I thought it would''ve been better after the All Star break but, no. Something is just not right about this season. Maybe its the t.v. coverage. \
The Storm on fire. Mercury is doing well. The East is fighting it out. Minny will never get to the play-offs. La sparks just suck. and Tulsa just suck hard!
- I caught Tuesday''s but missed yesterday''s game. I have a short memory, should have programmed it into my cell phone. Anyone watch these two games?
- Which ones? team?
- ^I have can no longer recall. :(
- WELL, WHO DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO MAKE THE SEMI-FINALS (THE LAST TWO TEAMS OUT OF THE EAST AND WEST)?
- Indy and Atlanta/Washington. Phoenix and Seattle.
- Seattle and San Antonio, Washington and New York.
- Indy/ New York and Sea/Phoenix.
- Ha! Ha! I''m so glad the Storm pounded those Shock skanks. Karma''s a bitch, huh?
Lauren Jackson''s Arm Mole
- Can someone link to the other thread again? I don''t want to scroll through this one (it''s too long).
- Don''t think it took the first time.
- WE can have two boards going on at once!
- I think it''s time to revive this thread. I''ll post my playoff observations here.
- Me too, R245.%0D\
Just got back from the LA/Seattle game and have this breaking news: Delisha Milton, still a cunt.
- She didn''t play smart tonight. But she''s not a cunt. smh I tried to post during the game on here but it kept coming up as an error. I''ll be catching tomorrows games, too.
- I do heartily believe that Delisha is a cunt.
- lol You have the right to your opinion but if she''s a cunt she ain''t the only one! We have to play it straight.
- I would like think there are plenty of bitches in this league.
- what did she do?
- And before anyone assumes I was thrown down, partially disrobed and fondled on TWO separate occasions along a street. No one stopped and helped. The guy was older and my family knew him. He got away with murder, I don''t know if it was because I''m Black and he was White and the kind of neighborhood we lived in or what. He ended up raping his next girlfriend (she was also White) and never went to jail.
- Sorry guys, wrong thread. My wireless connector restarted. Posting in the other thread. This was seems to have stalled so hopefully this helps. ;)
- In for a penny: Will Sheryl be back next season?
- I hope sheryl finds a team next season cause it''s a pure shame that marion jones is on a team and the great swoopes isn''t! Then again, I heard she''s a max player, so that''s a lot of money a team would have to free up for an older player, so who knows. I just hope it''s not LA cause they have enough old legs, lol!
- Cappy Pondexter really irks me.
- That''s why they need to allow older vets some leeway as far as the CBA goes. I hate that she wont get her goodbye, they''ll probably just have a Swoopes night at some point. One we''ll have to watch on Live Access.
- Other thread deleted?
- Who complained about the fb photo''s and got the tread deleted. Way to go.
- She put it back up with a threat. How many pages is that thread? One day, one person posts pictures and the admin is ready to punish all Women''s basketball fans on the forum. stupid
- I say if we find anymore pics like that we just post them here.
- Can someone post the pics?
- Alexis Hornbuckle was at the game. Who is she dating?
- just search maria conlon''s facebook they''re there, you don''t have to be a friend.
- By all indications I think Hornbuckle is dating Dupree.
- Thanks, r264, I did. Unfortunately I didnt see the pics of sue at the lezzie party. Anyone care to share? I know you bitches saved them.
- [r265] what makes you say that? i cant see it.
- I''m trying to wrap my brain around that, as well.r267 I didn''t save them 266 but they''re supposedly on Maria Conlon''s something or another. Nothing scandalous going on in any of the pictures, though the Cappie photos were "confirming". People were just hanging out in the Sue/Taurasi/Hammon/Mazzante one''s.
- I assume everyone here also visits the other board as well, but if you haven''t been yet tonight there is photo of Becky''s ex Meggan Yedsena with her wife and their baby. I just remember how much Becky and Yedsena were discussed here a few years ago, and thought it''s nice to see that someone we discussed in a closeted relationship with Becky, is now out and proud and is a lesbian mom. My how things changed!
- Indeed. I wish them the best.
- I think we should try to bring back this thread. Perhaps we can escape the Sue Bird trolls.
- I like this place. :)
- They''re everywhere, r271! Someone has been feeding them after midnight!
- still no news of whether LJ & abby are close friends or more?
- Hey L44, I agree ..maybe we should revive this thread and escape the Sue is straight trolls over there..
- Based on recent video of the Storm( the airport arrival from Phoenix and the WNBA championship locker room celebration) concerning Abby and LJ-- it looks like more.
- I remember seeing a local TV tape (extended version) and it showed LJ grabbing Abby around the chin and pulling her towards her. She then abruptly stopped and I think realized. "Oh God, we are on TV"..LOL
- well crap, I had some LJ and Abby pics to post but it looks like I can''t post them here..ugh!
- Why? I''ve posted photos on here. Just put the url in the url box.
- hope this works..if not I''ll try to create an album so you can see them in..
- See if this works...
- Nice photos ^
- I''ve seen a few of those but I like the one of dt and lj. Dee sure does have some wondering hands...
- Dee looks nasty if you ask me. I agree on the wandering hands..looks like they are holding hands to be honest.
- What do you mean she looks nasty?
- Any more pics?
- I mean like she''s getting ready to be a bad girl!!
- Or she already did! Look at the marks on LJ hahaha
- Here''s some pics:
- How about a login? I don''t have facebook, can someone upload em to imageshack?
- DT looks good in the ESPN issue.
- ok. if you scroll down on angels twitter account there is a friend name kortnie_caprice this is the woman that another poster identify as having a date with angel after the game. she ran into the crowd and met her. now it appears that they have broke up and her tweets are all about how she is missing her.
- Does no one care about women''s basketball anymore?
- Absolutely. Do you?
- Where did all the posters go?
- Op 269 please post link to becky ex pic please:)
- Twats at Lchat have forced me to return here! This will return to gossip central.
- Any LJ and Abby gossip and are they for real?
- I honestly have no idea whether Abby and LJ are together. There''s more to make me believe they''re together than Taurasi and Penny though. LJ/Abby play to that sometimes, I can''t tell if they''re putting on or are really together.
- I''m coming back too. Somehow I don''t find posts about dying mothers amusing.
- Keisha Brown
- R300 Becky''s ex Meggan, with her wife April, and their child.
- [R305] I couldn''t agree more, I don''t know who finds those types of jokes funny...so does anyone know as to when DT''s suspension might be handed down
From the land of the cheesehead
- Janel on her W season, playing in Russia and Italy, and some words about Diana''s situation.
- M ET, 01/19/2011
Currie likely out for the season
By Washington Post editors
The Mystics announced today that forward Monique Currie will probably miss the upcoming WNBA season following surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee. Currie injured her knee while playing in Turkey during the WNBA offseason.
From the team's news release:
"It is unfortunate that we won't have Monique for the 2011 season, although she probably will not return to the court, her leadership and knowledge of the game will continue to benefit our team," said [General Manager and CoachTrudi] Lacey. "I am confident that our team will work hard and stay together to make the upcoming year the best possible."
Currie was acquired by the Mystics in 2007 following a trade with the Chicago Sky. Last season, she averaged 14.1 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game. Currie also led the team in three point field goal percentage (.446).
"I am extremely grateful for and appreciate the support of the fans and look forward to returning to the court," said Currie.
The Mystics' season begins June 4 on the road against the Connecticut Sun.
- Wow, Meggan''s wife looks like Becky in that picture, from the side anyway. Does anyone know why Becky and Meggan split up? They made a really cute couple.
- The Candice Wiggins Overseas Experience
- I think LJ and Abby are a couple. Not so much on DT and Penny. I think that''s just a bunch of wishful thinking on peoples part.
- ^^I agree LJ went to melbourne to watch Abby play. I hope someone have some inside info about this two.
- Share please! Do you have anything on DT?
- Still, the loss of two high-profile players like Taurasi and Taylor is not what the club had wanted.
After several days of speculation that Taylor had left, the club finally put a media release about her departure on its website, www.fenerbahce.org.
Penny Taylor didn't want to believe the doping control results of Diana Taurasi, who is one of the best women basketball players in the world. Penny Taylor believes that she played an important role in Diana Taurasi's transfer (from Sparta&K to Fenerbahce) and when she learned that Diana had forbidden substances in her urine, she felt responsible for that.
In the Cafera%C4%9Fa Arena, after the game between Fenerbah%C3%A7e and Be%C5%9Fikta%C5%9F CT, the staff responsible for the doping control randomly chose Penny's name for her to give (urine) samples but she refused to be tested.
The managers and directors of Fenerbah%C3%A7e reminded her a couple of times that unless she took the test, she would have a fine. Finally our managers convinced her; but she wanted her test to be made in a laboratory in K%C3%B6ln, Germany. This situation was shared with the Turkish Basketball Federation and then she agreed to give a sample which was sent to the laboratory in K%C3%B6ln.
Penny Taylor thought that Diana Taurasi, who has played alongside her in the WNBA for the Phoenix Mercury, received unwarranted actions and judged unfairly. She thought that the same could happen to her, which is why she didn't want to go to the away game against Bota%C5%9F and she decided to end her Fenerbah%C3%A7e career.
One more time our directors and managers convinced her and she agreed to go to the away game against Bota%C5%9F. After this game, although the Australian player played against Lotos Gdynia in the EuroLeague game on Thursday 13th January 2011, without any justified reason she didn't attend the practice on Monday 17 January and returned to the USA.
Despite the turmoil, Fenerbahce have coped well as was evident with their performance against UMMC.
The Fenerbahce coach, Laszlo Ratgeber, admitted he could not have been happier with the performance.
- Finally a mod intervened over there. It might be too late.
- Brown looks good @ r306. Didn''t know she had that body.\
Congrats to the ex. I love A Baby Story, I''ll have to see if I can catch a re-run.
- LJ was at the the game Dandenong Rangers(abby''s team) vs Canberra capitals( Suzie Batkovic-Brown and former team of LJ) Both are close friends!
- What was the deal with Erin Phillips not going back to the Sun last year. Did she have issues with another player?
- I think she was unhappy w/ her limited playing time
- I don''t know what''s happened with Mique and Jen. Mique had that tweet a few weeks ago about needing to let relationships go. Recently she''s been spending a lot of time with a girl named Rita who''s an actress and model. I can''t tell if they''re just friends or more. A recent tweet was about dancing with some dude who asked if he had spoken with her on Match.com.
- R318 Meggan and April''s "A Baby''s Story" will next be shown on Feb 3, at 9:00am.
Chamique Holdsclaw @Chold1\
You know that feeling of love that just makes you feel so warm inside. I swear its nothing like it, it''s beautiful
- Langhorne to Head Back Overseas
RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up
Posted Jan 24 2011 2:32PM
WashingtonMystics.com: We just got word that you are headed back overseas to Slovakia, can you tell us more about that?
Crystal Langhorne: I just found this weekend, so I will be heading to Slovakia for about three weeks. After that I will be back. I will be playing in Kosice with Candice Dupree so I'm looking forward to that.
WashingtonMystics.com: Can you talk about the process. Obviously you just got back a few weeks ago and now you are heading back overseas again?
CL: It just so happens that I got the call this weekend and it was one of those situations that I couldn't pass up. it is for a short period time so I will be able to come back and rest my body a little bit before the season.
WashingtonMystics.com: When did you get the news that you would be heading over to Slovenia?
CL: I just got the news officially yesterday and will be leaving today. So it has been a pretty quick turnaround and pretty hectic.
WashingtonMystics.com: How rare is this situation to just go over for a few weeks?
CL: It is actually very rare. Most players head over for a few months so to go over for a few weeks is not usual at all.
WashingtonMystics.com: What was Kosice's reasons for having you head over for such a short time?
CL: I'm actually just going over for the EuroLeague playoffs. So I will help them out for that. My stay there will depend on how far we go in the playoffs. I can be there between three weeks and five weeks.
WashingtonMystics.com: Do you have any previous experience of playing or living there?
CL: I've been there before so I have seen it. It is cold and there isn't too much to do but I think I will be ok.
WashingtonMystics.com: Have you had the chance to talk with Dupree at all since your decision to go over there?
CL: Yeah, I've talked to her so I'll be seeing her out there and she'll be taking care of me the next few days.
- ^I just bet she will.
- Thanks r323
- isnt this jmacs ex. %0D\
candu picture is horrid%0D\
dobri angels have some cute girls plus Lang now
nickyanosike Nkolika Anosike \
I''ve discussed it on twitter n immediately received emails, phone calls, etc. telling me to to stop mentioning it...stop mentioning it? why?\
1 hour ago \
LadyT718 Black G.I. Jane \
@nickyanosike they feel some of the gay players might feel offended by what you tweet\
1 hour ago \
in reply to %E2%86%91\
@LadyT718 nope...i never gay bash, 90% of my friends are gay and i support each one of them. :)
- What all did she say? I know she said that there was gossip, but that''s all.
- JMac and Marina
- Jmac and Marina are so cute together
- Is the thing on the left a chick?
- LOL, that is Janel on the left and her girlfriend Marina on the right..
- Reading Candace Parkers twitter, she''s not very happy in Russia. I always though she was one player who would not play overseas due to her multi million dollar endorsement deals, and her husband''s NBA salary, which means she doesn''t have the same financial need as the other players.
- Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I think that since she missed last season playing overseas is critical for her though. It wouldnt surprise me if she didnt play in the future.
- [r335] what multi million dollar endorsement deals does she have, the only one I can think of would be her shoe deal with adidas and I would wager that that one isn''t multi million dollar
- "Parker has capitalized on that recognition by signing multiyear endorsement deals with Adidas and Gatorade, at a combined value of more than $3 million, according to Brandweek magazine. Aaron Goodwin, who, along with his twin, Eric, represents Parker, said in a telephone interview that her Adidas contract %E2%80%9Cdoesn%E2%80%99t compare to any deal a W.N.B.A. player has done before.%E2%80%9D\
2008, NY Times
- Huh well look at that I was wrong, my bad...Sheldon Williams can''t make that much can he? He''s a bench player right, I don''t watch the NBA much so I''m just asking
- Shelden makes nearly a million a year.
- KMann''s blog from France.
- Mique and her new "BFF". I remember she used to call Jen her BFF on Myspace years ago.
Daily Staff Reports/The Daily\
Wednesday, February 9, 2011\
Former OU women''s basketball great Courtney Paris signed a free-agent contract with the Los Angeles Sparks, the team''s general manager announced Tuesday.\
Paris, who was drafted in the 2009 WNBA Draft by Sacramento and was waved by Chicago before the start of the 2010 season. She currently plays for Spain''s Rivas Ecopolis in the EuroLeague.\
At Oklahoma, Paris became the only collegiate player %E2%80%94 man or woman %E2%80%94 to build up 2,500 points and 2,000 rebounds in a career. Named the first four-year Associated Press First Team All-American, Paris owns 20 NCAA Division I women''s records from her years at OU.
- I have a random theory that we are all wrong. I think Sue and LJ are together. They play on the same team here and overseas, and DT isn''t, it just makes me think there''s way more there than we know about.
- TAURASI CLEARED%0D\
"Diana Taurasi didn''t come off as bitter or angry. But she''s both wiser and warier and a little wounded for her experience over the past few months."%0D\
"Taurasi was cleared Wednesday when a Turkish lab retracted results that showed the women''s basketball star had tested positive for the banned substance modafinil in a drug test following a Turkish league game in mid-November."%0D\
- Anyone got anything from overseas?
- Any opinions on Cappie Pondexter and her tweets?
- Nothing except she''s increasingly turned me off with her on court behavior and off the court comments. I used to be a big fan.
- MARGO DYDEK (Utah Starzz, San Antonio Silver Stars, Connecticut Sun, LA Sparks) in MEDICALLY INDUCED COMA:%0D\
- Sad news of the death of Margo Dydek (and her unborn child)...
- One of the many obits for Margo...
- Looks like the Lchat thread is gone? I hope they didn''t delete the whole thing because of a link to a private citizen''s twitter. One person should be banned for that. The thing with Sancho was twisted and I didn''t care for it but I don''t think it violated the board rules, being a public figure.
- I told you guys not to discuss non-Wnba players. But some weirdos wanted to know about girlfriends who were in no way affiliated with the W. The whole thread has been deleted once before, only to be brought back with the offending posts deleted.
- Is there a thread for 2011 WNBA discussion somewhere??
- If you go to the staff complaints and topic issues a poster asked if some mods could do something about the WNBA thread becasue of the posts about Sancho by crazy ex (Jennifer Grooms). The thread should never have been deleted because of that.
- I was wondering if there was a thread on here. I''m actually fine with the L Chat one being deleted temporarily - there was some really messed up stuff in there and I''m glad they''re doing something about it. Was hoping there might be a thread here without that kind of stuff.
- Whew. At least we can continue the L chat thread here (minus the Sancho stuff).
- New thread is up. Hope it stays up..
- They can''t get this thread deleted. You could fill a thimble with all the fucks the moderator hear gives about their complaints.
- Guess we have to chat here because all the trolls got the L Chat WNBA thread deleted..smh..gossip anyone?
- I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THESE COORS AND OTHER VIDEO ADS SLOWING DOWN MY BROWSER AND RELOADING EVERY FUCKING TIME I CLICK A PAGE!!!!\
REALLY, DL? COORS?
- where''s all the wnba gosssip happening now?
- Gawd, Diana Taurasi is a rancid fetid bitch tard crybaby fugly brat cunt.
I hate her.
- LOL quotes from Kim Mulkey today (from the Twitter of TTech reporter Nick Kosmider):
Mulkey wants no part of playing Texas A&M after this season. Said she had thought for a long time about how she would answer question.
Mulkey: "If a man divorces me and tells me our relationship isn't important to him, then asks if he can sleep with me .. the answer is no!"
- I don't think L auren Jackson is gay because she talks 2 way 2 many guys on twitter.
- What happen to the WNBA gossip thread on LChat?
- Everything was deleted by some nut,but they made a new WNBA board on L Chat.
- There is a new thread on l chat. Back to the same old Sue Bird, is she or isn't she?
- Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw is in custody after being accused of shooting into her ex-gf's car after using a bat to break its windows.
Atlanta police said the incident happened Tuesday after the Olympic gold medalist followed 29 yr old Jennifer Lacy to her car.
Lacy plays for the Tulsa Shock.
- According to TMZ, they dated roughly 4 yrs and that Lacy broke it off some time last year.
- whoa! apparently she wanted to set the car on fire. These crazy wnba lesbians lol someone make a separate thread lol
- Did anyone else lose l chat?
- penny and diana definitely dating
too much evidence to think otherwise
they're a cute couple
- With David Stern leaving, how much longer does this league have? Audiences are leaving in droves and it's hard to even find one televised game in LA.
The hip lesbos have caught on to Roller Derby.
- [quote] penny and diana definitely dating
And that, I suspect, would annoy Lauren.
- Girl on Girl News
Brand new message board, yes you gotta register but thats only so we can keep the trolls in check! Come check it out and get in on it!
- Lesbian Anne Donovan is back in the WNBA as the Suns coach.