- Sharon Stone and Madonna.
- Dustin Hoffman.
- Jane Fonda
- Michelle Pfeiffer
- The Brits: Judi Dench and Helen Mirren. They stuck to snipping, no fillers or Botox.
- Gov. Rick Perry
- Michael Douglas looked great on the Tony Awards last week.
- Bernadette Peters. I don''t even know if she has had any, but the woman looks outstanding for her age so I''m kinda thinking she has.
- Dyan Cannon
- Raquel Welch owns this thread.
See anything you like Mizz Welch?
- Madonna''s new balloon cheeks disqualify her from this thread.
- Raquel and Jaclyn Smith and Morgan Fairchild
Meg Ryan, crying, but you don''t know it because my face isn''t moving
- Meryl Streep\
Phyllis Diller \
Sophia Loren (well, until "Nine")
- Angelina Jolie....whoever did her nose was a craftsman...left very little sign that work had actually been done
- These days MOST plastic surgery is good... because it goes unnoticed. It''s only the few exceptions.
- How dare you call me an exception!
- Thread thread is mine for the taking.
Michael Jackson, formerly of Santa Barbara, California
- Tom Cruise
- Dench has not had plastic surgery. \
She''s a no-nonsense woman so I believe her when she rubbishes the rumours. Espcially as she''s talked about a lot more personal things.
- Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett. I assume they use the same doctor.
I watched Notes On A Scandal, it''s a few years old I know, and her face was like the Grand Canyon, full of snaking rivers and deep gorges. I don''t mean any of that as an insult. I have so much respect for someone who honors that aging is apart of the life process.
- Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren recently have stated that they have NOT had any plastic surgery or Botox. Think they are lying?\
Also, fillers and Botox do not count as plastic surgery, right?
- I thought Mirren had breast implants?
- Hard to say. \
I think Meryl looks like she''s had a very good facelift (her face is ever-so-slightly "tight" in "It''s Complicated"), but I can''t imagine her lying about it.
- Dianne Kay
The Dianne Kay troll is back, bitches!!
- I was wrong. Helen Mirren said that she finds breast implants to be weird, but she has not ruled out cosmetic surgery.\
Dame Helen Mirren: Breast implants are weird\
But actress doesn''t rule out surgery\
Tuesday, 11 December 2007\
Dame Helen Mirren has hit out at celebs who''ve had boob jobs – claiming their new bosoms look like something they''ve picked out of the fruit basket. \
''Breast implants are weird to me,'' says the 62-year-old actress. ''They seem a bit like hanging a pair of oranges round your neck.'' \
Although she doesn''t intend to let a scalpel anywhere near her impressive chest, Helen hasn''t ruled out getting other cosmetic work done. \
''I absolutely believe in surgery,'' she tells The Sun. ''Why feel miserable if you can change something?''
Could you imagine her telling the truth about it?
- Meryl Streep Refuses to Deal With Cosmetic Surgery
January 09, 2010 04:52:35 GMT
Meryl Streep will never use Botox to preserve her good looks, insisting actresses who succumb to facial-freezing injections draw even more attention to their features. "The Devil Wears Prada" star and mum-of-four is happy to age gracefully and refuses to resort to cosmetic surgery or facial fillers - as it often distracts from a performance.
Streep, 60, says, "To each his own. I really understand the chagrin that accompanies ageing, especially for a woman, but I think people look funny when they freeze their faces. In Los Angeles there's a lot of that. I pick up on the part that doesn't move on a face. I'm immediately drawn to it and that is the opposite of what you're intending. You pull focus to the area that's been worked on."
One of the artists who has the same opinion with Meryl Streep for her refusal of cosmetic surgery is Sharon Stone. In a recent interview with British magazine Tatler, Stone says, "Meryl looks like an unmade bed. That's what I look like. To me, that looks true."
- "Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren recently have stated that they have NOT had any plastic surgery or Botox. Think they are lying?"\
Mirren is definitely lying, she came to the Oscars last year with a whole new smoothed-out face. Good work, though.\
Streep has probably had a little work, sixtyish people have more sag under the chin than that. But it''s oh so subtle, if it exists at all, and she''s probably the only actress in Hollywood who still has her original nose. Gotta give her points for that.
- [quote] I watched Notes On A Scandal, it''s a few years old I know, and her face was like the Grand Canyon, full of snaking rivers and deep gorges\
Dench is a smoker who likes her cocktails. Plus she''s in her seventies. I think she''s amazing.\
Lot''s of British actresses look great in their older years. I think it''s because they get a lot less sun damage as kids. Look at Joan Collins, Lesley-Anne Down, and even Sharon Osbourne. Doctors love working on women who already have great skin.
- Nobody cares what Sharon Stone has to say at this point.
- Oh god, R32. Did you see the new Kathy Griffin stand up on Bravo? The Sharon Stone stuff is fantastic.
- Whatever Vanessa Redgrave''s had done has been remarkably subtle and very well done.
- Kathy''s bit on Sharon
- I read Streep''s interview to say she wouldn''t do botox. This makes sense for an actress who needs to be able to emote.\
As for an actual facelift, who knows?
- Lynda Carter
- Joan Rivers.\
End of story. Thread closed.
Eat it, bitches.
- Dench is gorgeous. I hope she doesn''t resort to the knife.
- Donna Mills
- Oh, Meryl. Wrinkled, wrinkled little star. Hope they never see the scars.
- Carol Burnett, Julie Andrews and Jane Fonda have Atrocious plastic surgery. Jeeez!
- Agreed, R42, especially Carol Burnett.
- Jennifer Lopez, Mariah, Halle Berry. Tasteful nose jobs.\
Vanessa Williams, good nose job, light botox.
- Sorry, but I looked at that Kathy Griffin link. She just isn''t funny. Why are there so many dykes in the audience?
- r42 - Jane Fonda looks pretty damn good for 73!
- [quote]Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren recently have stated that they have NOT had any plastic surgery or Botox. Think they are lying?\
I don''t know about Helen, but Meryl definitely does not look like she''s had work done.\
[quote]Also, fillers and Botox do not count as plastic surgery, right?\
No, but just about any actress over 40 who''s using fillers has also had at least some form of lift (usually eye and/or brow and/or jowl. Fillers can only do so much.\
Btw I would say that the best all-around cosmetic surgery jobs in Hollywood today belong to Tom Cruise and Michelle Pfeiffer. Flawless work in both cases. Jaclyn Smith and Morgan Fairchild duke it out for runner-up.
Dr. Sherrell Aston
- Most actors have had their eyes done, and most start early (in their 40s)\
Frankly, if I could afford it I''d have my eyes done, too.
- I just looked at recent pics of Morgan Fairchild on IMDB. Holy cow! She looks amazing for someone born in 1950.
- Marilyn Monroe
- Didn''t Cruise go to some Brazilian surgeon?\
- Jacklyn Smith used to look amazing, but she crossed the threshold into "too much."
- Have Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymoore, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts had any work done to their faces?
- I am surprised that no one has mentioned Demi Moore. She looks very good.
- Here''s an obscure one. LL Cool J. Had some excellent face work done a few years ago. Made him preserve his looks into his forties.
- [quote]Have Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymoore, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts had any work done to their faces?\
Cammy and Drew haven''t. Sandy''s had an upper/lower eye lift, giving her the same very slight "Asian eyes" look that SJP now has. Julia''s had a facelift, and a very good one at that.
Dr. Sherrell Aston
- Sandra Bullock''s face looked a little tight on The Proposal. YOu can tell when she has her hair pulled back.
- Debbie Harry, at 64
- Kristin Chenoweth, earlt 40s
- I think Helen Mirren had a tiny lift.
- Cameron has had 2 nose jobs, and I don''t like it. I like her old crooked nose.\
I think Meryl has had a lower face lift, but left the eyes alone.\
I saw Debbie Harry in person, and she has a great surgeon. Sharon Stone 5 years ago looked amazing. And Demi I saw when "Hairspray" came out, and she looked damned good.
- Before she had a nose job, Cameron Diaz announced what she was planning. I wonder if some of the damage had been caused by snorting coke...\
Cameron Diaz: I Want My Nose Fixed\
Thursday November 09, 2006 05:45 PM EST \
Cameron Diaz, whose quirky good looks made her a star, wants a nose job. And it''s not for cosmetic reasons – it''s because she can''t breathe, the actress says in an interview with W magazine. \
"I''m getting it fixed. I can''t take it. I cannot breathe at all," says Diaz, who broke her nose for the fourth time while surfing a few years ago. "One side of my nose is totally shattered – my septum is basically like a train derailed."
- Dakota Fanning
- Diane Sawyer looks remarkable. I know she''s a Southern belle who avoids the sun, but I''d love to know the name of her plastic surgeon. For a woman in her sixties, she looks fantastic.
- I think Martha Stewart looks great for her age
- John Barrowman needs to lay off the botox.\
I wonder if he has had any work done besides that?
- Catherine Deneuve.
- John Barrowman had his nose done. Go to youtube for some of his early interviews. Good work. \
Zachary Quinto had a good nose job too.
- Diane Carroll is an older woman who has good plastic surgery, take heed Joan Rivers, take heed.
- Flame away but I''ve always thought that Judge Judy''s face lift looked really good.
- "Cameron Diaz, whose quirky good looks made her a star"\
Jesus, this is the kind of shit that drives people to surgery. "Quirky looks"? She''s a giggly blonde with a rocking body and cheekbones for days. When I think "quirky looks" I think fucking Shelley Duvall!
- This is "quirky look" although I''d call it unique beauty
- R72, Cameron Diaz may have looked attractive in THE MASK and maybe even until the early 2000s, but her face has looked like The Joker for almost 10 years.\
Also, she does not have a rocking body. She has no curves, and her body looks very odd now. \
Here are photos of Cameron on the beach last week:
- At least she didn''t have a boob job like everyone else. But no, her body is not "rocking."
- R75, that pic is gross. The way her body is shaped now, it looks like she has TWO bikini bottoms on. One blue, and the one above it, a tan-ish flesh tone. \
What a strange marking - and odd how her body is sculpted and colored like that.
- Ok, here are some BIG hi resolution, un-photoshopped pics.\
What do you all think??\
I''ll start with Diane Lane. Click on the photo here and click AGAIN when it pops up in a new window to get it full sized.
- High Resolution Meryl Streep
- High Resolution Jaclyn Smith
- Sandra Bullock. Remember to click again when the new page pops up for the full effect.
- Mirren and Dench have both been under the knife, but they have had subtle work done, and retained their facial characteristics. \
Tyne Daly has lost weight and become more youthful recently (probably an upper brow lift).
- High resolution Morgan Fairchild
- Here you go R82
- High resolution Cameron Diaz\
PS: all of these are recent (last 2 months)
- Our Glenny is pulled a bit too tight.
- The eyes of Diane Lane scare me. WTF?
- High res Drew Barrymore - gorgeous
- Drew''s what 30? She *should* look good high res.
- Exactly R89, which leads me to ...
- Please please can you list the names of any of the surgeons who are known to have had the best results. TIA.
- Barrymore is 35, Diaz doesn''t look bad considering she has had lifelong issues with acne. Vanessa Williams has had similar issues with acne, I would like to see a high res pic of her.
- For R92
- Another for R92 - again, click twice for full size
- Thank your, r84. \
Tyne has unnaturally perky eyebrows for her age, but like Mirren and Dench she has steered clear of the fillers. \
Barrymore looks very natural for 35. She''s surprisingly un-preened. Her teeth are not veneered, nor unnaturally white. \
Morgan Fairchild looks like a Stepford Wife. Her long, fair chin hairs give her age away.\
Something looks a little awry with the tip of Cameron''s nose (as if she forgot to apply make-up).\
LiLo looks shocking for 23.
- Cameron''s mouth looks a bit "Joker-ish" there
- Glenn, dear, how many more surgeries before no one can tell that you started life off as a man?
- Yeah, Diane''s pupils are ... abnormally large and misshapen for a flash photo.\
Drew has surprisingly yellow teeth.
- [quote]Drew has surprisingly yellow teeth.\
She was/is a smoker.\
- Are you guys blind? Almost all the people mentioned look terrible! Dyan Cannon looks hideous in real life. Bullock looks like she went to the same surgeon as Michael Jackson, check out her phoney chin and nose. None of them look naturally beautiful, they all look worked on. There is no such thing as good plastic surgery. It is one long con.
- Katherine Bigelow - before and after
- Why does imageshack take a century to open? I clicked on your link r102 two minutes ago.
- Still waiting...
- Where do you guys find all these high res photos?
- If you Google images there is an option on the left that let''s you select LARGE images.
- Katherine Bigelow had a wonderful deep peel for sure. Notice how much smoother, brighter and even her skin is the the 2010 pic. It''s not as rough and haggard looking. A bit of Botox as well.
- PERFECT example of what a TCA peel can do. And TCA peels should be done at a derm''s, not at home.\
Glycolic peels you can do at home, no problem, up to 50%. But DEEP/TCA peels, leave to the dermatologist. Those fuckers burn like hell and your actual skin peels off for about a week.
- Can anyone provide the name of any excellent plastic surgeons-for example who may have done surgery on some of the soap actresses on the East Coast?
- LiLo''s teeth! What the hell.
- R55, LL Cool J needs to STOP. His work is becoming very apparent and obvious and it''s making his face look feminine. He''s a sexy man but if he doesn''t quit with the surgery people are gonna start talking.
- r17 pics truly scared me
- Bumping for recommendations for good surgeons please!
- I thought Tom Selleck looked great at the Emmys last night. I''m sure he''s had work done, but it was done very well.
- Whoever worked on Ann-Margaret deserves a technical Emmy.
- Glenn looks awful. My BF loves Damages, but I can''t watch simply because Close scares me. She looks like somebody has a handful of her scalp.\
Morgan has LOTS of facial hair. Wow.
- You''re not going to find out who does the best cosmetic surgery for the stars for the simple reason that they''re paid handsomely to not rat out their clients.
- [quote] Yeah, Diane''s pupils are ... abnormally large and misshapen for a flash photo.%0D\
Looks like she''s wearing contact lenses with some dark tint to them.
- What has Angelina had done to her face?
- Deidre Hall is the epitome of good plastic surgery. She is in her mid 60s and looks phenomenal.
- Actually that''s a common misconception, I met Diedre at the height of her fame in the early ''90s when I won a trip to the set of "DOOL" and she told me that casting directors would not hire her because she was underage so she added ten years to her age in order to be able to work
- You''d think Morgan Fairchild could afford a few sessions of electrolysis, waxing, or laser hair removal.\
Jaclyn Smith''s top lip seems to be disappearing little by little. Except for that, she still looks good.
- The biggest problems seem to come with implants (cheek, chin), and with lip work. They never look quite right, and should be avoided. \
Fillers and botox are ok if used sparingly. Small nips and tucks are fine, but major facelifts give that "Asian" look, and screw up the person''s hairline. \
From what I''ve seen, subtle is always better.
- Streep and Mirren have not had plastic surgery.%0D\
Streisand has lost weight and is looking very good- like Streisand so if she has had something done- it has been done right. In her spot as Roz Focker promoting her women''s heart disease money raising, she looks awfully good for a 68 year old.%0D\
Vanessa Redgrave has not had anything done.%0D\
Those who send up Raquel and Joan R; the post is about GOOD plastic surgery.%0D\
Carol Burnett does not look so good in my opinion. %0D\
Some seem to choose to just change the way they look, even when they were beautiful with their natural features. Guess you have to chalk it up to poor self image- almost cliche- even among those you would imagine are secure in their natural selves.
- Re Fairchild''s facial hair, that''s an old Marilyn Monroe trick. Look at photos of MM in the last year or two of her life and you''ll see she had substantial facial hair that she wouldn''t trim because she felt it made her glow on film. Apologies to MM, this isn''t her most flattering photo...taken weeks before her death.
- Raquel Welch and Morgan Fairchild look fanstastic.%0D\
On the other hand, Connie Francis is an example of too tight (although I love her as a person).
- Actually, R125, I think she looks really cute in that photo. Thinner than I''ve ever seen her, though. The only really bad parts are the terrible colorization of the image, and how obvious it is that she''s wearing a wig.
- As bad a some of these plastic surgeries are, sometimes it still might be better than the alternative of no surgery at all. Check out Brigitte Bardot. No surgery. And very sad.
- Joan Van Ark looks like she is actually decomposing. What''s with that blue tint to her face?
- [quote] Streep and Mirren have not had plastic surgery.%0D\
- Instead of asking which designer did your gown, they should ask which surgeon did your face.
- Drew Barrymore must have had some cheek lipo. Her chubby cheeks have slimmed down, and she doesn''t look like Drew anymore, although she''s still gorgeous.
- Marilyn swore by Vaseline as a moisturizer, and some have speculated that it caused her facial hair to coarsen. I wouldn''t be surprised if she had some kind of hormone imbalance, though, that tied in to her host of gynecological problems -- abortions, miscarriages, endometriosis, and periods so painful that she once jumped out of a moving car and doubled over on the ground in agony.
- Both Streep and Mirren HAVE had work done; they''ve just been discreet about it and certainly haven''t gone overboard with the surgeries.
- Susan Sarandon had an eensy,teensy,weeny nip and tuck & "refreshment" around the eyes. Magnifique!
- Diane Lane actually has different colored eyes. She wears a dark lens in one of them to equalize the color.%0D\
This is true. I worked on a film with her.
- Downy colorless facial (and all over the body) hair is an indication that a woman is starving herself. See the link.
Would Explain a Lot
- Mirren has used botox. I know because my sister performed the work.
- Sigourney Weaver had an extra finger grafted to her left hand just for kicks. That''s why you always see her in gloves.
- There was just a post on Huffington Post that Marilyn (and Elizabeth Taylor) shaved their faces for completely bare skin and an added dose of exfoliation. If she stopped shaving wouldn''t that cause downy facial hair?
- I thought they still shaved actresses faces, no?
- That isn''t really Connie Francis, is it?
Who''s Sorry Now?
- Julie Christie--and she has admitted it.\
The absolute worst: Joan Van Ark-trying to go for the Jocelyne Wildenstein look.
- The Bride of Wildenstein finally had her face fixed, and she looks AMAZING.
- Greatest Living Actress Kim Richards:
- Morgan Fairchild must be Elizabeth Bathory. How can she look that good without bathing in the blood of virgins, surgery or not?
- Dyan Cannon, really? Her long hair doesn''t work either.
- Yeah that''s Connie Francis in promo pic. Here she is in more candid shot. She''s 71 yr so you got to give her a bit of a break.
- R149, Connie looks grotesque! Bad surgery, bad wig, and terrible make up. Jane Fonda and Connie are around the same age. Capish?%0D\
- Connie Francis looks like The Joker. Donna Mills is almost 70 and looks amazing (when she lays off the Baby Jane pancake makeup).
- Who''s Connie Francis?
- Connie Frances is Frances Farmer''s sister and Connie Sellecca''s mother.
- Connie Francis was a huge pop star in the late 50s and early 60s. She was as big as Elvis was back then, but is half-forgotten today.
- Helen Thomas
- What about Mary Mcdonnell? It seems like she''s had something done, but I can''t tell what.
- She had her face tat lasered off. Big improvement, I think.
- [quote](Deidre Hall) told me that casting directors would not hire her because she was underage so she added ten years to her age in order to be able to work.\
Did she make her twin sister add ten years to her age, too?
- The person mentioning Diahann Carroll seems to forget she was always a very attractive woman, especially pre-surgery, you can''t compare her looks to that of Joan Rivers!\
Jan was NEVER a good looking woman! Diahann was super cute when she was young!\
There is just so much a plastic surgeon can do!
- I don''t know if she''s had work done, but Jill Biden looks fantastic.
- Demi Moore
- I second the vote for Bernadette Peters. I can''t remember if I read it here on DL or a friend told me, but they had sat behind her at the opening of a show in NY. Bernadette had her hair pulled back and only then could you see the scars from the work she had done.
- Almost everyone on the soap OLTL over 30. I didn''t watch for about 10 years or more. I started to watch again last year and I was like WTF! These people have not aged a day since I last saw them, amazing. I mean come on, look at what''s her face who plays Blair. She''s over 50 and looks at most 30. Viki, Nora, Dorian, Tea, the women who play them all the same like time froze for them and they don''t look "done" either.
- Whenever I read Kathryn Bigelow my brain goes - Deuce Gigolo.
I know it''s stupid
- Blake Lively has a great surgeon, she ended up with one of Hollywood''s best nosejobs.
- Wow, her face had a lot more character before. I wonder if some of these girls know that they don''t have sufficient talent to build their careers on, so they perfect their faces instead. A pretty face can give you a decent career, too.
- Someone posted a pic of 57 year old Christine Brinkley, and she has a great surgeon.\
I also happened to catch JLo on that damned Idol show (just the previews, I refuse to watch) and whatever she had done, she looks terrific.
Googling JLo''s surgeon.
- Demi Moore
- Actually, despite all the negative stuff written about it, Jennifer Grey''s surgery is one of the best celebrity jobs I''ve ever seen. Yes, it changed her completely and made her unrecognizable, but the work is top quality and she looks great. Much better than she did pre-surgery.
- Helen Mirren looks great. I think she''s had some tasteful work done over the years.
- Mirren looks fab. She also is slim but not scarily skinny. She almost always dresses for her body. I think she may have had her tits done.
- Hate to disappoint you but Barbra Streisand was photographed leaving a plastic surgeons office with a bee-keepers get-up on to conceal her face. I think it''s obvious she''s had a face lift but it was done well. You don''t look like that at almost 70 unless you have had work done.
- Mirren does have a good body for her age but jesus the woman has an ugly face and it''s not as though she started out pretty and just aged into ugly, I''ve seen some of her early work and she was even uglier when she was young.
- "Mirren does have a good body for her age but jesus the woman has an ugly face and it''s not as though she started out pretty and just aged into ugly, I''ve seen some of her early work and she was even uglier when she was young."\
And, yet, men and women of all ages wanna fuck her.
- Google Chris Noth (Sex in the City)before and after plastic surgery. It''s amazing what a nose and eye job can do for ome''s looks.
- r174, she looks like Beavis.
- What do you think Tom Cruise has had done?
- I saw Christie Brinkley on Extra the other day. She look GREAT. She''s totally vapid but at least she looks good.
- Well, possums, I have here an example of plastic surgery so bad, it counterbalances all the good examples listed above. And it''s a bonus twofer, even!%0D\
How have the Bogdanoff brothers remained below the DL radar for all these years?%0D\
Since La Wildenstein got her face (mostly) operated back, these two reign uncontested as the Twin Princes of Plastic Surgery Horror. %0D\
La Duquesa de Alba of course remains the dowager duchess of the realm.
- If I want to put my tits on my back, it''s nobody''s damned business.
- Have any of you actually really looked at Demi Moore?\
Damn, she looks like a thin witch.\
Really. From Halloween.\
You can see the outline of plastic for fuck''s sake.
- The reports of Jocelyne Wildenstein having had her face fixed have been disproved.\
Here she is in April, looking worse than ever:
- Joanna Cassidy looks like a million bucks. I can't tell if she's had work done, but she probably has.
- Just because women look good in their older years does not mean they've had plastic surgery. I strongly believe that neither Helen Mirren, Jane Fonda and especially Meryl Streep have had an surgery. Mary McDonnell could be arguable but I don't believe that she has.
- They probably have used Botox even if they haven't technically had surgery. Anyway, Kathryn Bigelow and Charlotte Rampling own this thread.
- Florence Henderson