- With longer hair.
- He''s very handsome. Heard that he''s some kind of genius, too.
- It''s practically ironic that Woody Allen would produce someone who is the Aryan archetype.
- He looks a little like Dicaprio circa Titanic.
- You can totally see Mia Farrow in him but not so much Woody. Maybe he was IVF or something?
- He''s a certified genius. He went to his first year of college at age 11. Graduated at 15. Got into Yale Law School at 16. Fascinating guy. And there has been some fierce speculation around his sexuality.
- are those lip fillers?
- [quote] fierce speculation \
by whom ?\
Your Mah Jong group ??
- Does that little imperfection in his upper lip make him more or less attractive?
- Man, is he gorgeous, and I see nothing of Woody in him.\
- [quote]And there has been some fierce speculation around his sexuality.\
I must agree with R8 here. Although I am well-aware of Ronan and his brilliance, I have not heard any rumors about his orientation, and I know several people who know him personally. He was dating Natalie Portman at one point, in fact.
- Another picture:
- Has he always gone by the name Ronan O''Sullivan or is that a recent change? Not that I''d want to be called Satchel either...
- Wow, he looks like a blond, slightly more handsome Brando.
- When will he man up and realize that his Mother use him as a pawn, seeking vengeance?
- He changed his name shortly after Woody and Mia split up, didn''t he?
- Was he named that at birth? I recall his name as being something different.
- He''s somewhat attractive. I wouldn''t say gorgeous.
- Named Satchel at birth, I guess, and called Seamus at one point.
- where does "O''Sullivan" comes from? Mia''s maiden name?
- R22 Mia''s mother is the actress Maureen O''Sullivan.
- Mia''s Mother''s maiden name. Actress Maureen O''Sullivan.
- O''Sullivan comes from Farrow''s mother, the Irish actress Maureen O''Sullivan.\
Ronan was named Satchel at birth. After Mia and Woody split, she changed his name to Seamus. Then he chose Ronan for himself later in life, I think, or it was birth middle name.\
I see a lot of Woody in Ronan''s eyes.
- Is Woody really the bio dad?
- No, Andre Previn is.
- Seamus? Oh dear.
- At age 15...
"You don''t like my hair? It''s Vidal Sassoon" - Rosemary Woodhouse
- [quote]I see a lot of Woody in Ronan''s eyes.\
The devil''s eyes!
you knew it was coming
- Was Maureen O''Sullivan fully Irish or half Irish? I was looking up Mia''s family tree and one half of Maureen''s ancestry(I think it was her mother''s side) surprisingly seemed to have almost all English surnames rather than Irish.
- R30 What are you TALKING about? Woody''s eyes are NORMAL!
- I think his original name was Satchel O''Sullivan Farrow. Not sure why he''s dropped the Farrow...\
Dylan, the daughter they adopted together, changed her name to Eliza and now goes by Malone.
- I saw them on a talk show a while back and he said that he changed his name because no one could pronounce Seamus, meaning he was probably known to his class as Semen.
- Just wait until he ages a bit and those Woody genes will kick him in the face. \
Sure they''re cute when they''re young, but aging is a bitch.
Prince William of the Windsor/Mountbatten genes
- Wait. Is Woody the dad or is Andre?
- He lucked out getting Mia''s looks and Woody''s brains.
- His real name is Satchel Ronan O''Sullivan Farrow.\
Very interesting read at link...
- To #36:\
Woody is his father.
- My favorite Mia photo:
- He''s allways reminded me of a young Marlon Brando
- Gorgeous? Are you kidding me with this? You queens REALLY need to get up from the basement once in a while. He''s passably attractive, certainly better looking than his father, but in the real world he is by no means considered gorgeous. If he flirted with me and wanted to have sex with me, I''d turn him down.
Why "oh, dear"?
- He is gorgeous.
- His attractiveness varies greatly in the pix posted. The B/W pic where''s he''s looking at the camera head-on is off-putting. Nice lips, though.
- This is why genetics fascinates me. He is beautiful in every way.
- I''d love to see the kind of apes R44 goes for.
- He was a really beautiful child though it looks like he''s plumping up in adulthood.
- Lips every woman in Hollywood would kill for.\
He changed his name in process of erasing Woody from his life.\
Wants nothing to do with him.
- Well he''s no Luke Russert.
- From what I''ve read, he despises Woody for the whole Soon Yi situation and has nothing to do with him. Removing Satchell was a symbolic gesture of erasing Woody.
- He''s good looking. He''s also balding. It''s nice to see a celebrity kid with deeper interests than partying.
- He''s fug. Too bad he doesn''t look more like his father.
- lol 56! You are retarded, after all!
- I remember speculation on this board when Mia first trotted him out on her peacekeeping missions and when we saw this androgynous, waif-like mini-Mia like in the photo r29 posted. Plus, he was (is) awfully close to his mother. But I think that''s all we''re going on.
- The strongest trait he seems to have inherited from his unattractive father is the bald gene. He definitely looks to be hair challenged and is already a five or six-head.
- Very nice DSLs!
- [quote]The strongest trait he seems to have inherited from his unattractive father is the bald gene\
[humorless]Baldness is carried on the X-chromosome[/humorless]
The Voice of the Night
- Cute guy. The Brando resemblance is uncanny.
- What''s up with that upper lip? He looks like a former hairlip.
- [quote]If he flirted with me and wanted to have sex with me, I''d turn him down.\
Now reply 44, he''s gorgeous, a genius and has rich famous parents. You can offer him absolutely nothing. There is no way in the world he would ever flirt with you or want to have sex with you. So relax.
- Look what''s happened to Rosemary''s Baby!!!
- R44 could be Merrill Streepe for all you know, r64,
- [quote] hairlip\
- ...unless R63 meant that he looks like he once had a moustache.
- That boy dodged the proverbial bullet,being Woody''s only biological child and all.
- Herr Lipp?
- r69, Woody has a kid with Soon Yi. I fear that child will look hideous.
- I actually found Allen''s two daughters photos and they are kinda cute NOW. I hope Woody has latent cute genes and they don''t ugly out at puberty. The one on the left has Woody''s face. I''m saying pray for her that it''s all gonna be okay.
- r71 - I thought they had two adopted daughters?
- His birth name was Satchel Paige Allen.
- He''s really grown into his looks. He is more attractive than he was a few years ago. Reminds me of a young Steve Mcqueen.
- R17 = Woody\
Wonder if associates with the ol'' perv at all, or Soon-yi for that matter - "Hi Sis, Hi Dad." Eesh.
- R72, Woody''s kids with Soon-Yi are BOTH adopted. Soon-Yi has never been pregnant.\
Ronan is Woody''s only biological child.\
Stunningly gorgeous and brilliant. What''s not to love.
- What is an alien farrow child?
- Anyone know what Woody looked like as a young man?
- ...but he''s so, so funny.
- dry upper lip
- Another pic. Can see a bit of Woody from this angle in the nose.
- So it seems like what you guys are doing is trying to find a picture, any picture that will make him appear ugly. He seems to be a decent human being, trying to do good things, why do you guys want to dislike him?
- r78, I don''t think they are both adopted. The one of the left is the splitting image of Woody Allen.
- Very attractive.\
I must say, though, that I''ve never seen an adult who was so obviously breast-fed as a child.
- Settle down r84. Of course he''s not ugly. The pic I posted in r83 was interesting to me as it was the first one I''ve come across where you can see a slight resemblance to his father.
- His eyes are striking. It is ironic that Woody Allen has such an Aryan looking son, though he''s not a pale blond, and he doesn''t look like a tanning fiend, either, it looks natural. Blonds don''t have any special sway over me (I actually prefer brunettes and redheads normally), but he has interesting coloring, which really makes his beauty pop. The upper lip with its curiously deep cleavage is the only real flaw, but it''s nothing in the whole package. He''s stunning. A truly beautiful man.\
And a genius. And the son of wealthy, famous parents (although he doesn''t speak to one apparently). Some people do seem to have all the luck, though I doubt he leads a carefree life. Hats off to him for making something of himself independent of his parents, too.
- He seems so sane and level headed, especially considering that both of his parents are completely neurotic. I think Ronan is a very nice name.
- I wonder if Allen has regrets -- if he wishes he could trade Soon Yi as wife for a relationship with his son.
- [quote]I don''t think they are both adopted. The one of the left is the splitting image of Woody Allen.\
Even if she is, she doesn''t look remotely half-Asian, so she''s not Soon-Yi''s offspring.\
There was some question of whether both daughters were adopted, I remember.\
I wonder if the one on the left was born to a surrogate with Woody''s sperm.
- [quote]Reminds me of a young Steve McQueen\
A very apt description of his looks, R76.
- never heard of him until this thread,but wow he is amazingly good looking.
- What do you think his next name will be?
- I shared a good number of classes with Ronan (then Seamus) in college. He''s grown into his looks and is quite a decent guy. Extremely intelligent, if a little awkward socially. Even then, I''d wager that he''s hit his stride in that respect as he''s gotten older. \
Suffice to say he''s better adjusted than James Earl Jones'' son, Flynn, who had issues like you wouldn''t believe.
- Can you think of any celebrity offspring (or child of two celebrities) who has achieved more, outside of the entertainment business?
- There''s NO WAY Woody Allen is his biological father.
- I CANNOT believe that that is a product of Woody Allen''s loins!\
- It''s too bad more celebrity offspring aren''t more like Ronan. Instead, most of them are like Rumer Willis.
- Not seeing the imminent baldness. Please enlighten me.
Me Tarzan, you Jane.
- "There''s NO WAY Woody Allen is his biological father."\
Woody is of Russian Jewish descent. That kid looks Russian.
- Verificatia of size meat?
- [quote]Suffice to say he''s better adjusted than James Earl Jones'' son, Flynn, who had issues like you wouldn''t believe.\
Please elaborate, r95.
- "Woody is of Russian Jewish descent. That kid looks Russian."\
There is ABSOLUTELY no resemblance in the kid''s face to Woody Allen, Russian Jewish or otherwise.
- The only thing he has of Woody''s is his sense of humor.\
[quote]. This past summer, he headed off to the slums of Nairobi to be a visiting scientist for the Centers for Disease Control. Visiting scientist? “Okay, so I secretly did it all for the job title,” Farrow says. While he finishes law school, he’s working on his first book, a look at America’s use of proxy armies (“a comedy, of course”).
- [quote]If he flirted with me and wanted to have sex with me, I''d turn him down.\
You''re an unlikeable mix of narcissistic and unselfconfident.
- He looks like Grandpa.
- "There is ABSOLUTELY no resemblance in the kid''s face to Woody Allen, Russian Jewish or otherwise."\
If you look closely, he has his father''s cheekbones and an identical lower lip (but the corners of his mouth are upturned like Mia''s). \
He has the same hairline his father had at that age, but Mia''s brow.\
Luckily he didn''t inherit Woody''s nose (unless he had it ''fixed'').
- Frank Sinatra had bright blue eyes, didn''t he?\
And I''m really having trouble seeing any resemblance between Ronan and Soon-yi. Not in a million years would I guess that they are siblings.
- He''s pretty cute, but are those lips real?
- [quote]Woody is of Russian Jewish descent. That kid looks Russian.\
I know Russian Jews. Ronan Farrow doesn''t even remotely resemble a Russian Jew.
- You haven''t noticed his lips, Zsa Zsa?
- Soon-Yi should not reproduce. Sorry, but she is ugly as sin. She has no profile, totally concave face.
- Ronan is the male clone of his mother. I don''t know where you''re seeing Woody Allen in him at all.
- Does he have a relationship with Woody at all? I think I heard that Woody was a very distant, uninvolved father even when he and Mia were still together. He doesn''t seem like the type to like kids much considering he is a whiny little kid himself.
- I agree with R41. He looks like my former office/cube mate. Not gonna age well at all...
- R95, you can''t drop that shit about Flynn in the thread and leave us hanging. Spill!!!
- He looks far more like Mia(and he should thank his lucky stars), but there is still some Woody there. You cannot escape the influence of one parent, no matter how much you look like the other.\
It''s like a Mia Face with a few Woody alterations injected into it.
- r115 - No, apparently he does not see Woody at all. About 5 years ago, he''s quoted as saying this:\
[quote]"He''s my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent...I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children."\
I remember reading a profile of Allen ca 1996 in New Yorker and he seemed really quite fond of his son, so I don''t know about the distant father thing. \
Allen and Farrow had an ugly custody battle for him and for the daughter he and Mia had adopted together. In the end, Allen was only granted supervised visits with Ronan (Satchel/Seamus). \
No idea what age he was when he opted not to see his dad. Mia claims she neither encouraged nor discouraged him from seeing Woody, but who knows?
- Here''s a video of him talking on MSNBC with Mia by his side. There''s some resemblance to Allen, in his eyes in particular. I bet Mia was relieved she didn''t have to "see" any of his father''s features in him.
He is gorgeous (if I may say so again).
- Wow r120. It is really hard to believe he was 16 there. I keep thinking of the 16 year olds I''m around and their not even close to that articulate, intelligent or concerned.
- He should marry Robert Post''s child.
- Mia looks far more like her father than her mother. They both have/had an unusual look, which probably looked better on a woman.
- R90, Allen has no regrets and does not apologize in the least for what he did to his family. He''s very happy. Very, very happy. \
I guess if you''re going to break taboos, you''d might as well do it cheerfully. I think Soon-Yi, who was 8 when she was adopted, is like many children who have attachment disorders and never really bonded with Mia. So to her, she just went for whatever she wanted. It doesn''t seem she has much of a social conscience the way the rest of Mia''s children do. But who knows?\
I wouldn''t marry that fug man 35 years my senior, but clearly it happens all the time and perhaps they all close their eyes and think of England? Or more appropriately, the bank account?
- r121 - Though weirdly, in the long run, most child geniuses turn out to be fairly average adults (not that that''s a bad thing). Of course he has the additional factor of his connections. Be interesting to see where he is in a decade or so.
- I''ve read that Ronan carries freshly baked cookies with him at all times. That''s odd.
- I watched r120 ''s link and flames leaped out of my computer and singed my eyelashes.
- Soon Yi = Veda from Mildred Pierce
- Soon Yi is one ungrateful cunt.
- He appears to have none of Woody''s genes, for which he should thank God.\
He doesn''t want anything to do with Woody. When asked why he didn''t have a relationship with his father he reportedly replied "he married my sister." Very, very smart kid.
- Sorry, R117! Flynn has significant daddy issues. He and JEJ don''t so much get along. Plus, he''s narcoleptic, so would fall asleep in class consistently, then wake suddenly and slam his hands down on the table. He made for an interesting classmate. \
He''s also not terribly prepared vis a vis the ''real world''; went to a diner with him and a bunch of kids once only to find that he never carries cash. Dude still owes me $10 to this day.
- I fucked him.
- I think Michael Jackson is his father.
- I never understood the "incest" meme about Allen. He and Farrow were never married, and Allen did not adopt any of Farrow''s children. Interesting anecdote about Allen.\
In graduate school, my best friend''s mother told me about Farrow. She knew her, and said that Farrow was gifted and also very troubled. Manic behavior (which would explain the need to keep adopting children), and someone with "a real thing" for older men (Sinatra, Previn, Allen). I also heard that there was gossip that the older children fended for themselves, and Farrow was more focused on the younger children.\
Of course, the horrible irony is that a younger woman took Allen from her--and she was Farrow''s child. Even Hollywood would have a hard time coming up something that good.\
Btw, I also never believed the molestation claim. There was a story that the judge felt there was "evidence," but it was never convincing in the least about Allen and his daughter.
- R135 It''s not ''incest'' exactly, but he''s a father figure to her (and probably still is), and he did have a child with Mia. So then to marry Mia''s adopted daughter means that Sun-Yi, who Sasha/Roan considered a sister, is now also his step-mother. Think about it. Ick.\
I still maintain that incest isn''t merely biological. Think about it. If say, a woman had an affair and had a daughter, but the woman''s current husband didn''t divorce her... now the husband raises the girl with the mother. Watches her grow up. Does all the Daddy things.\
She turns 18. "Hey, I''m not your real Dad, so..."\
Eeeew. Sorry, that''s just like incest.
- You don''t watch enough soap operas, R136.
Lily "He''s my uncle! He''s my husband" Walsh Mason Snyder Santana Snyder Grimal
- More about how Mia is troubled, manic, and into older men. Do you know how the manic behavior manifested itself? Any other impressions from your friend''s mom?
- On a recent thread here at dl someone claimed that Polanski was sleeping with Mia during the filming of Rosemary''s Baby.
- How did The Woodman sire such Nordic looking hotness?
- Even if screwing your son''s adoptive sister isn''t incest, secretly screwing your girlfriend''s underage daughter is lower than low. Hell, even screwing the underage daughter of a friend is low, he''s a sleaze by any measure.\
I''m with Satchel on this one. Punch and delete.
- It fascinates me that people question Allen''s outrageous behavior. He was Farrow''s husband. Soon Yi was her adopted child. He was her step-father.\
The "evidence" is comprised of the nude photos Allen was taking of Soon Yi while he was married to Allen and his step daughter was underage. Add to this the fact that Soon Yi has developmental issues mentally, and was much younger intellectually than her biological age. He was a monster. Farrow discovered the affair when she found his nude photos of the girl.\
Farrow is hardly neurotic. She reacted with fury to what Allen had done- a perfectly normal reaction. He was molesting her daughter... his mentally disabled step daughter. People reacted as if farrow''s anger was bizarre, when it was actually normal.\
By all accounts she is a loving attentive mother. Her children are all successful,decent people with the exception of Soon Yi.
- One of the weirder parts of Farrow''s autobiography is when she walks in on Woody letting her adopted daughter Dylan suck his thumb.
- Iirc, there was something years ago about Farrow getting treated for manic depression. It''s out there. Do a search. \
Soon Yi is not "developmentally disabled," for God''s sake. That was the Farrow meme. Nice mother--tell everyone your daughter is a retard. Lol. Soon Yi is actually very bright, R142. An idiot does not go to Drew and read literature and philosophy. Allen would never have stayed with her if the case was true that Soon Yi was retarded.\
Btw, the relationship with Farrow was over at the time that the story came out about Soon Yi. In fact, for all intents and purposes, it had ended over a year earlier. It was just business with Farrow and Allen. And R142, Allen was not married to Farrow.
- They were never married R142. Although I do agree with much of what you said. I''m sure Soon Yi had developmental/detachment issues since she was was adopted at age eight. Behavioral problems are common when you adopt an older child. But from what I recall Soon Yi does have a master''s degree from Columbia and is clearly not intellectually disabled.
- "Soon Yi is actually very bright, [[R142]]. An idiot does not go to Drew and read literature and philosophy. Allen would never have stayed with her if the case was true that Soon Yi was retarded."
Brooke Shields is an idiot and she went to Princeton.
George Bush is an idiot and he went to Yale and Harvard Business School.
And how the fuck do YOU know she reads at ALL, much less "literature and philosophy."
Allen "stayed with her" to save face. After the scandal hit, what else could he do but say he was truly in love with her and marry her? He couldn't very well say "I liked fucking her, but it didn't mean anything." He had to make it look like he had a real relationship with her, not just sex. If it hadn't gotten out that he was fucking her he wouldn't have married her. She's not attractive and it is very true that she is very limited intellectually. Her IQ was tested and it was 90.
Allen was accused of sexually molesting his adopted daughter Dylan (now known as Eliza), but managed to squirm out of that one. He behaved oddly towards the child, smothering her with attention and doing bizarrely inappropriate things like having her suck his thumb and rubbing his finger between the crack of her buttocks, supposedly to put suntan lotion there (in the crack of the buttocks?).
Allen and Soon-Yi have adopted two children, both girls. WHY? Allen doesn't even LIKE children, although he does have a sexual interest in very young girls. I wonder if those two girls in the care of Woody Allen and Soon-Yi are...safe. I hope that Allen and Soon-Yi just ignore them and let nannies take care of them. Children taken care of by Woody Allen and his dimwit wife Soon-Yi? That is scary.
- [quote] It''s practically ironic that Woody Allen would produce someone who is the Aryan archetype\
He will get more Jewish looking as he ages. Unless he does plastic surgery, he will be a little old 70 year old Jewish man one day.
- [quote] Allen "stayed with her" to save face. \
I see them quite often on the street. Park Ave, that is. And Madison, too. They live near me in Carnegie Hill. They don''t look like two people who are staying together to "save face." They look like any other married couple. He is old and wrinkly but she looks ok. She is no great beauty, but she is not ugly, either. She dresses very well. I like her style.
- R142, I don't think Mia was any saint. I have read reports by her adopted children where they said they were treated like slaves in the household, forced to do all the menial chores. And you never hear about them. What happened to them? And Soon Yi wasn't mentally slow. She attended NYU. I wonder whether Mia paid for that or Woody, because Mia was busy turning her adopted children into restaurant workers. You never saw her with older adopted children, only with her brilliant white son. And you should know that Woody never lived with them. He was never a part of that household, although he was probably a regular visitor.
There is someone who works in my office who is like Mia. She adopted 3 Chinese kids before regulations tightened up. Her older birth daughter went to private school and is now in college studying with a goal of being a doctor. The Chinese kids go to inferior public school (and where I live public school is inferior) This woman does not cook and admits it. At work she is one of the laziest people I've ever known and incredibly greedy. Her natural daughter must have done the household chores and still comes home on weekends to help with the kids etc. I think they are training the Chinese kids to do all the work and take care of "mama" when she retires, which is probably in the next couple of years, with a nice civil service pension.
Finally, Ronan's black and white view of his father, for as brilliant as he is, is far less brilliant. My guess is that Mia has been brainwashing him for a long time.
- Ronan is right. Soon Yi is his sister. Woody is his father. Any ethical person would not have had a sexual relationship with his son''s sister.\
And Soon-Yi received a bachelor''s degree in art from Drew University in 1995 (Drew is hardly a tough university) and a master''s degree in special education from Columbia University in 1998 (which means she actually got it from Teachers College which, along with the school of social work, is the easiest division at Columbia).
- [quote]You can totally see Mia Farrow in him but not so much Woody.\
I''d like to put so much woody in him, it''s not even funny.
- "They look like any other married couple."\
I seriously doubt that a short, scrawny, wrinkled, rumpled, bespectacled, grossly unattractive 74 year old white man and an unprepossessing 39 year old Asian woman "look like any other married couple."
- Oh R53 hon, you''ve never walked down Park Ave, the land of rich white men and their 2nd, 3rd or 4th wives.
- R153, it''s not that odd a combo. \
I saw this young (and bra-less - could tell cause she was "cold") Chinese girl out with an overweight 50 something guy here in LA last weekend. Making kissy and all. Yeah...that relationship was based on mutual interests and understanding.
- "Allen and Soon-Yi have adopted two children, both girls."\
Meanwhile, normal gay and lesbian couples can''t adopt, but a dirty old pervert and his girlfriend/stepdaughter can adopt all they want. Gotta love society!\
"I don''t think Mia was any saint" \
Unless she was fucking her kids, she''s miles ahead of Allen.
- An acquaintance of mine was Mia Farrow''s assistant for a few years. He liked her a lot. At the time, she was addicted to THE AMAZING RACE and he suggested that they send in an audition tape. Mia said, "Are you crazy? Everywhere we''d go I''d fall in love with the kids and want to adopt them. We''d never get out of the airport." I love that she is that self-aware.
- "Allen and Soon-Yi have adopted two children, both girls. WHY? Allen doesn''t even LIKE children, although he does have a sexual interest in very young girls. I wonder if those two girls in the care of Woody Allen and Soon-Yi are...safe. I hope that Allen and Soon-Yi just ignore them and let nannies take care of them. Children taken care of by Woody Allen and his dimwit wife Soon-Yi? That is scary."\
I agree with everything you said. I wonder if he is molesting those two little girls.
- R150- children forced to do menial tasks? Oh, that MONSTER!! You do realize, dearest, that MOST children are forced to do CHORES- don''t you? I understand that rich, privileged children might resent doing CHORES, but it''s hardly abuse.
- My opinion of the Woody-Soon Yi affair is that any man who''s been in analysis as long as he has should understand the incest taboo. \
There was a great docudrama about Woody and Mia that I saw years ago on Lifetime. The actor who played Woody had an Arabic surname. I bet that drove Woody up a TREE.
- R144- you''re retarded dear.\
Soon Yi is not "retarded". she is DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED. It''s not about her intellect, per se. She could not make friends, could not socialize well with others. She tended towards isolation, and had difficulty with even basic social interactions. That''s HOW she was developmentally disabled. It''s also why Allen is so unbelievably evil. He preyed on a girl who had difficulties with interpersonal relationships. He knew she was especially vulnerable. Her disability was centered on her lack of ability to bond with others, and he exploited that. He spent a lot of time alone with her, was inappropriate with her physically, took nude pictures of her (that he had her pose for). He groomed her, like an expert child molester.\
Now- they have two adopted daughters.
- I read somewhere that Soon-Yi always hated Mia. Mia said around the time that Woody started having sex with Soon-Yi she picked up a mocking, contemptuous attitude from Soon-Yi. She sounds like a cunt.
- I don''t know what''s worse on DL, the assholes who think that a man''s being gorgeous means he must be gay, or the assholes who think that true male gorgeousness is confined to straight men.
- R162- keep in mind that the child molester was probably feeding Soon Yi a bunch of shit about Mia, hoping he could drive a wedge between them. He certainly didn''t want Soon Yi confiding in her mother.\
Soon Yi was, by all accounts, incredibly difficult from the get-go. Lots of acting out,tremendous difficulty in adjusting. It probably doesn''t help when your mother''s partner starts touching you in your "special place", confessing his love for you, and arranging nude photo sessions. I''m sure that, all the while, Allen was giving her some BS about "you and me against the world". given that the girl had trouble bonding, Allen taking her virginity probably created a strong attachment.\
It''s really all very disturbing.
- More on Mia Farrow''s weird and troubled quirks, please.
- Great post R161. The ignorance on this thread regarding Soon Yi''s behavioural problems is astonishing. Soon Yi seems to be thick but cunning. \
She must have known it would destroy her family but went ahead anyway and seemed to take pleasure from her deception. She and Allen deserve each other. I bet she gives him hell and he is trapped. No way can he get out of this marriage.
- *Drew is not an "easy" university 151. Check the admission standards. Don''t bother applying there though, since your lack of intelligence would result in rejection at your local community college.\
*I suspect 161, 164 is the same poster--and judging by the bile, someone with a weird agenda here. I mean, you are that upset about Allen to call him "monstrously evil?" Mary! Btw, is that you Rowan, Satchel, Seamus, or whatever your name is. Lol.\
*There was a story a long, long time ago that the older children fended for themselves. Also, I do find it interesting that everything revolves around the biological son. Odd indeed you never hear anything about the other children.
- r167, hon, I have a PhD from Yale. And Drew is a middling school.
- I remain shocked at the Woody defenses here, but then, DL has always had its minority pedo-apologist contingent, so perhaps I shouldn''t be.\
While I respect Woody as a filmmaker, starting a relationship with his adopted daughter is to me more sickening than anything Ronan Polanski has done. There are boundaries, and Woody obliterated them. I do not question or challenge in the least Mia or Ronan''s decisive efforts to remove any stigma of Woody''s deeds from their collective histories.\
And yes, I think Ronan is not only hot, but possibly one of the hottest men in the country. I am attracted to brainiacs, and Ronan is not only that but stunningly attractive to boot. I will daresay that Ronan is, to me, the single hottest individual (combining looks and brains) in America today. Yes, I accept that I have no chance with him even on the off chance he likes cock, but Ronan is a remarkable individual who will do remarkable things throughout his life. That much I know.
- WOW! How old is that picture? He''s hawt as can be. He used to look like his mother. Which is fine but is not a good look for a man.
- R167, Drew is not a difficult school to get in to. Sorry to burst your bubble...\
I think Soon-Yi has detachment disorder and never bonded with either parent (Mia or Andre)or any of her siblings. She is not stupid, and wanted the finer things in life. She got all that with Woody. Money buys a blindfold when it comes to having sex with a wrinkly, ugly old man...\
What I don''t understand is why they bothered to adopt two children--neither one of them seem very nurturing, and from what I have read, the girls are almost completely parented by nannies.
- she has done a wonderful job.
- R172, who has done the wonderful job?
- Mia Farrow.
- I''ve never bought the "Woody is a child molester" story. You do not start that late in life and there are just no indications or history for the man.\
I do buy that Mia was an hysterical and vengeful woman who used the nuclear weapon of domestic court against him.
- I don''t know if Woody Allen is or was a "child abuser" -- the allegations that he sexually abused his adopted daughter Dylan were never proved.\
But like his idol Charlie Chaplin, Woody does have a history of sexual relationships with underage women. It''s well-known that he had a relationship with a teenage actress named Stacey Nelkin, a relationship that was fictionalized in the movie Manhattan (Mariel Hemingway played "Tracy," the high school student the Woody Allen character was having an affair with).\
And although Allen has claimed that his sexual relationship with Soon-Yi did not begin until she was legally an adult, there''s good reason to believe that that, too, began when she was underaged. See the tell-all book Mia''s nanny wrote for more.\
No doubt there''s a lot more dirt re: Woody Allen and his jailbait girlfriends that has been covered up but will come out eventually.
- R167- you''re "shocked" by my reaction? Really? Yes dear, I find men who molest their partner''s developmentally disabled daughters to be monsters. I actually do. You must be a complete pedophile to think otherwise.
- This 1999 article claims that Ronan stopped seeing or speaking with Woody when he was about 7 years old, so I guess they are pretty much strangers by now.
- R178: Lay off the meth, Mary. It''s bad for you, lol. Honestly, your accusations border on the hysterical. Have you thought about yoga? It''s a great way to relax.\
Something I find odd about the reaction to Allen is the way Americans respond. The response is Europe is different. Btw, you realize that there is only Farrow''s word that her daughter was disabled? You understand...\
Oh seriously, what''s the point. The frau has fallen out of her chair and is frothing now, lol.
- Dating or preferring sexually mature teenagers is not the MO of a child molester. It is not even considered paraphilia.
- "See the tell-all book Mia''s nanny wrote for more."\
what was claimed in that book?
- that boy is pretty in, r29 pic.
- Im glad he is so involved in world issues and wants to help others.
- Has Woody Allen written a Autobiography?
- R181= Catholic priest.\
Careful sicko, the FBI might subpoena your IP address.\
Here''s a news flash sweets- it''s a psychological condition called ephebophillia. An adult preferring to "date" a teenager, because of the inherent power imbalance in that "relationship". It also denoted an adult who wishes to control and dominate. Particularly when it''s your virginal, developmentally delayed step-daughter. Allen made a career of depicting himself as a socially retarded neurotic who had difficulty relating to other adults. Ta Da! it turns out to be true!
- r187 - You are indeed hysterical on this topic. There is no evidence of SY''s condition. BTW: what is the psychological term for someone who sees perverts everywhere?
- Soon Yi is a bitch!
- Heard that Ronan is only about 5''5" tall. Not surprising considering that his parents are diminutive.
- after Farrow found the nude pictures of Soon-yi, she still continued to see Allen, have dinner with him, and speak constantly with him on the phone. When Groteke asks how Farrow could have stayed with him even before the Soon-yi affair, considering he verbally attacked her, wanted nothing to do with her children, and refused to marry her, Farrow talks about Allen''s brilliance and how superior she felt him to be. So maybe they were both nuts.
- Woody had a special shower built for him in Mia''s house but refused to use it because he felt the germs built up inside it. Another one is that when Woody and Mia were not getting along well, Woody would bring a pre-cooked chicken to the house because he was concerned that Mia might poison him with her cooking.
- r190 - He doesn''t look that tiny in photos.\
In this pic, he''s next to Mia (who''s probably about 5''7" with heels) and Matt Dillon (who''s about 6'' if imdb is correct); he''s not a giant, but he''s well over 5''5". He looks about 5''10".
- That photo looks a little deceptive. Matt looks like he is slouching. Even though they are sitting in the photo at the link, and both are leaning the same way, there looks to be quite a differance in height.
- Perhaps he and matt are quite close...?
- R187, it is not a paraphilia and it is not considered a pathology. If the teen is of legal age then it is not illegal. \
Sorry to ruin your snark but I''m a straight female with professional experience in this area. And a fallen away Catholic - now atheist.
- R194, Ronan is leaning forward with his elbow on his knee. There is no way you can say he''s short from your photo.
- Does anyone know if Soon Yi has a relationship with Andre Previn, her adoptive father?
- Only if when she consults a spiritualist, R198.
- *cough* *cough* Woody''s brains R37? Really?
- Andre Previn is still among the living R199.
- What a stunning young man Satchel/Ronan turned out to be--all the more so because he''s actually doing something constructive with his life unlike so many celebrity spawn. Good for him. \
And Woody Allen is the pig of pigs.
- R181 and R196 you can be as straight and as female as you want but going out with a teenager, that is a 14-18 year old when you are a fully fledged adult in your 40s for example is reprehensible. It speaks volumes of the kind of predatory adult you are. Kudos to R187 for speaking up.
- Interesting old interview with Soon-Yi.
- You can be as hysterical and as judgmental as you want, R204, but that still doesn''t make it paraphilia or a pathology. \
Unclutch your pearls.
- That interview, r205 found, truly shows how fucked up and brainwashed Soon-Yi is.
- I started Mia & Woody: Love and Betrayal this evening. Apparently Woody is so afraid of germs that the reason he didn''t use the shower that was especially built for him at Mia''s country house was because the drain was in the center of the shower, and he was worried that he would stand in them. He wanted the drain to be in the corner of the shower. He would also wear a beekeeper''s hat to protect himself from insects. Ironically, he nevertheless managed to contract Lyme Disease. He is also afraid of having a heart attack and is afraid of the sun.\
Satchel/Ronan is also a hypochondriac, or at least he was at 5. He would panic over a small scratch. "I''m bleeding! I''m bleeding!" He is definitely his father''s son.
- The language Soon-Yi uses in the interview R205 linked to is very phony-sounding and stilted. It seems pretty clear that somebody (probably Woody) wrote out the answers of the questions for her. The words, the phrasing, the whole way she (or whoever wrote the answers) expresses herself is not natural-sounding at all.
- How far can he shoot?
- Before this whole scandal with Soon-Yi etc, I never did like Mia and Woody. I always felt those two were weird and plain nuts. I have always hated Woody Allen films, but my sister loved them. Every film topic was intellectualized and the meaning of this and the meaning of that. Woody Allen and Mia Farrow have always been immersed trying to grasp the intellectualism of the meaning of life. I do love intellectual subjects, films, and books from time to time but not all the time. I think those two were trying to express to the public, how in tune they were together with their constant conceptualization on the meaning of life and dissecting morals etc.
I think Woody Allen is full of BS. He is nothing, but a child molester who got away with it because in film community they think he is this intellectual guru. Woody was one of the individuals who signed his name to free Roman Polanski, surprise. One molester bonding with another. I also think Woody Allen is a very mentally ill person. It amazes me if an everyday stepfather were to have sexual relations with his daughter or son underage, he would be thrown in jail. However, this little freak gets praise by Hollywood, and they have continued acting in his films, and continued sporting him. Yet, these phonies in Hollywood do announcements or documentaries on the awareness of child molestation. Sorry for being preachy but it's just a huge double standard. Here we are in the 21-century, and the rich and famous still get away with crime, and you and I have to pay a high price if we commit a crime.
- @208, Keep us updated on the book.
- [quote] He''s good looking. He''s also balding.\
Funny that most people are comparing his looks to Brando. I think he looks more like Prince William, with the peaches and cream complexion and the youthful balding. They also look similar in the face.\
As for the little blurb about Flynn Earl Jones, I googled him and found a MySpace page for him. Under sexual orientation, it said "confused" or something like that.\
I also found a cute little picture of Flynn. What an adorable toddler.
- Ronan looks hot in this picture. Definitely fuckable.
- Ronan is taller than his mother.
- Apparently this blog belongs to friend of Ronan''s who owns his cat, Basil Farrow. Besides mentioning him alongside the hundreds of cat pictures, she also had Ronan comment on things like Japanese fashion...?
- Another two chapters from the book. Mia's father John was an abusive alcoholic and Mia's romances may have been attempts to recreate the relationship (which is common among children of abusive fathers.) Sinatra definitely dominated her and may have beaten her up after she agreed to make "Johnny Belinda" for TV (he didn't want her to pursue acting.) Woody Allen was only ten years older and while he of course couldn't physically dominate her, he was intellectually superior to her, and he was also a film director, like Mia's father.
Woody liked being a father only on his terms, and he preferred Dylan and Satchel/Seamus/Ronan more than he did with any of the other children. He liked being able to spend a few hours with the kids, and then going back to his apartment on the other side of town to live his own life. He wasn't a father figure to any of the children except Dylan and Satchel.
After the affair, Mia sent Woody a Valentine that included a photograph where Mia had taken shears and slashed over the hearts of her and the children. However, Woody continued to visit the family and spend one night a week at Mia's Connecticut house (in his own room) while the two quietly worked out custody arrangements.
- Here he is photographed by Rosie (found this through Google):
- Even his cat is pretty!
- His cat again.
- More from the book: Ronan was in therapy at age five at Woody's assistance. Mia found the photos when she went to pick up Ronan at Woody's apartment, where the sessions took place.
Soon-Yi only has an IQ of 92. She lived wild on the street of Seoul until she was adopted. She was physically abused by her prostitute mother. As a preteen, Mia had Woody spend time alone with Soon-Yi in order to make her more comfortable being around men. As she grew up, Woody began spending more time alone with Soon-Yi, taking her out to the movies and the like, without telling Mia.
When Mia confronted Woody about the affair, they went in their bedroom and had a gigantic fight. First Woody told Mia that he was in love with Soon-Yi and that he wanted to marry her. Then he recanted and said the affair had been a terrible mistake, that he loved Mia and wanted to marry her. Mia actually accepted because she had been desperate for Woody to marry her for a long time. However, at that moment Andre Previn called Mia on the phone and talked her out of it. Mia tried to kick Woody out but Woody wouldn't leave:
"When Mia cried to him, 'What have you done to Soon-Yi?' she claimed that he replied without flinching, 'I think I gave Soon-Yi a little confidence. I think this is good for Soon-Yi.'"
Woody left the apartment but came back a few hours later while the children were having dinner. He went into the dining room and joined them as if nothing had happened. All the children got up and left the room.
- What have you done to her eyes!
- R216, thank you so much for that link. Ronan is gay, gay, gay! La Carmina is his hag. I wish I was cool enough to have a Japanese Goth hag.
- Ronan with Basil
- R209 I read that years ago and it doesn''t sound at all phony to me. You don''t even know this woman. How can you even imagine someone wrote the words for her to say.
- What kind of a cat is that, with pressed ears?
- Book update: Ronan (who was conversant at nine months) had gender identity issues beginning at age one. He would want to wear girls'' clothes and he would pretend to be female Disney characters like Cinderella. Mia thought that there was some biological foundation to this behavior, but Woody insisted Ronan be put in therapy (at age 2).
- cat with the ears down like that are called Scottish Fold. Aren''t they cute?
- They are super cute. I think I want one.
- Thanks for the book updates R228.
- 1. The frau (s) posting about pedophilia here are scary--I mean, they take this stuff way too seriously. %0D\
2. Ronan is gay, gay, gay.%0D\
3. Mia is a mess.%0D\
4. Woody is a mess.%0D\
Game over. Next subject?
- He''s really pretty.
- I just finished the book, rather than summarize it, if anyone has any specific questions I''ll be happy to answer it.
- Did Ronan grow out of his gender confusion R235?
- He''s gay, My cousin knows him. Def. gay.
- R235, what about the three biological children Farrow had with Previn? I assume they lived with her at the time of the "scandal" but I could be wrong.\
Any other mention of D. Keaton?
- R236, it doesn''t look like it!
- [quote]I just finished the book, rather than summarize it, if anyone has any specific questions I''ll be happy to answer it.\
Thanks r235! I am interested in Mia. I always felt that her romantic life pointed towards issues with her own father(who I also read was a womanizer), and the fact that he died when she was relatively young just made things worse. Now her dad, as permissive as he may have been is some aspects, wasn''t there to protect her from all of the sleezeballs she got involved with.\
She probably went kind of wild. She did grow up rich in a family in the business, so I doubt her mom gave her much of a good foundation. I remember that in behind the scenes clips from Rosemary''s Baby, Mia was quite the goofy hippie.\
Do you, or anyone else in here have any impressions about Mia and her family that you''d like to share? I feel like she''s been on a disastrous course because of her upbringing.
- More on Mia Farrow, please.
- The book is very generous towards Mia. The author feels that Mia has only the best intentions toward her children, and the adoptions are deeply rooted in her Catholicism. Mia would go out of her way to adopt children with disabilities. Sometimes the children would present unimaginable difficulties: her daughter Tam, who is blind and was adopted from Vietnam at age 6, would throw nightmarish tantrums when she was upset; Isiah was a crack baby, Moses had cerebral palsy. On two occasions, Mia went through very difficult processes to adopt to adopt babies from overseas only to discover, once the babies came home with her, that they were severely retarded; she had to give them up. Mia''s need to adopt children is not some flaky celebrity addiction, but comes from rather a deeply spiritual philosophy to "be of use."
- R238 Mia''s children with Andre Previn, Matthew, Fletcher and Sasha, are peripheral characters in the book because they were all grown by the time the scandal took place, but they all seem well-adjusted and all very supportive of Mia.
- He looks like some weird Japanimation character.
- His lips are a deal breaker.
- Can I stick this in here?\
Woody and Soon-Yi in Central Park. \
No wonder he pairs himself with beautiful women in his films.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/gPpqhxsBQKt/Woody Allen Soon Yi Take Walk
- OMG ... this is NOT a shot of Mia Farrow during the filming of Rosemary''s Baby ... it is her son.
- He is kind of erie beautiful in that photo, r250.
- ops, dropped an e = eerie
- Vampiric is more like it. The lips are art, but the pale little girl hands are a deal breaker for me.
- Bump. In honor of Mia''s testimony in Paris today.
- I suppose you all want to play with his sack of dirty little diamonds now.\
I don''t. His mouth looks like a worn out kitchen sponge.
- [quote]His mouth looks like a worn out kitchen sponge.\
I don''t know what this means, but I think it''s hilarious. Only at Datalounge would you hear something like this.
- [quote]Mia''s testimony in Paris %0D\
I thought the trial was at The Hague.
- He''s one of the Names to Know in 2011 according to Harper''s Bazaar.
- where are all the snarky cunt flaps who were insisting that there was nothing substantive to back up that this kid is queer?
- He''s gay and out. He lives in DC and went to Yale Law. I know people who''ve hooked up with him and were in his class at Yale.
- good looking guy
- Ronan is out and I think lives in DC now. I know a few of his friends from Yale Law, including one guy with whom he had sex a couple times.
- Ronan is gay for sure. Ronan was at an all gay party my cousin was at. Ronan and my cousin hit it off and the night ended with Ronan asking for his number. Nothing came of it though.
- As a child, Roman was in therapy for ''Gender Identity Issues''\
This was BEFORE the Soon-Yi scandal. It is in the court transcripts when Woody & Mia has their custody battle.
- Soon Yi is always what I''ve imagined Cheryl to look like for some reason.
- its amazing what upswept eyebrows will do to open the eyes in r13''s link. only a gay boy would groom them this way.
- [italic] "upswept eyebrows"?!?! [/italic]\
- He''s so pretty.
- Why is it that people always KNOW others who slept with someone famous ... why don''t these people who actually slept with them post more often ... or is that DL posters are the supporting characters in life? %0D\
"Those who can''t - post"
- My eyebrows have flown off my face!
- So... Ronan really is gay? \
- He has that Prince William look -- beautiful when young, balding and going-to-look-like-dad as he ages.
- He looks just like my ex. even down to the lips...weird and cute at the same time. Surprisingly not a good kisser.
- I think he is very handsome. And he was an absolutely beautiful child. Hope he doesn''t lose his looks. And if he does, at least he has plenty of brains.
- Ronan speechifying recently.
- I find people with big BIG lips aren''t good kissers, r276.
It''s all Aesthetics
- [quote]Ronan speechifying recently.\
He sounds like Leo DiCaprio.
- He sounds completely gay. The gayest guy I''ve ever heard.\
r266 said that there are court transcripts of him being in therapy for Gender Identity Issues? Where? Link please...
- R13 Wow, he looks really gay in that picture!
- "Is he just as nutty as mom?"\
Woody is his father and you ask if he''s just as nutty as Mia?\
- "Why is it that people always KNOW others who slept with someone famous ... why don''t these people who actually slept with them post more often ... or is that DL posters are the supporting characters in life?"\
Unless you have slept with all the people your friends have slept with COMBINED, you are more likely to know someone who''s slept with a particular person than to have slept with that person yourself.
- Ewwww. That photo of Woody and soon-yi is giving me the willies.
- He must weigh more than both of his parents put together. Somebody''s a stress eater.
- What an amazing young man. I just read everything Wiki has on him and some other info I found online. I don''t care what he looks like, but really he seems like an awesome kid.... if even slightly brainwashed my Mia. %0D\
She''s bat shit crazy of course.
- His mom might be crazy, but at least she''s not a pedo like his dad.
- Yeah, because Mia making up the molestation story about Dylan was really healthy.....%0D\
Woody isn''t a pedo, but keep thinking he is if it makes you feel better. Soon Yi wasn''t a kid.
- MadTV did a hilarious Woody Allen spoof (at link). Sorry the quality isn''t the best; it''s the only uploaded version I could find. \
Rowan is hot except for his small carni hands.
- Woody''s not a pedo but disgusting. \
Farrow made up the molestation story.\
Satchel aka Ronan had GID as a child - gender identification disorder, and was treated for it for a few years. I found out that he started having it at 1 year of age (how, I do not know).\
Ronan works for Obama now & is gay.
- He is really good looking. I can''t stand Woody Allen. I think he s the most over rated phony around. My sister loves Woody Allen films and she said the reason why I can''t stand Woody Allen and his films because I''m not intellectually in tune with his messages, oh please! Just because I see him for what he really is, which is a major bamboozler and full of crap, I%E2%80%99m considered intellectually inferior. Woody Allen worshipers are completely nuts.
- Ronan is breathtakingly beautiful. And smart. And clearly compassionate. Basically, a triple threat. He''s going to make some man or woman very happy.\
His father, on the other hand, is a creepy pig - oh, and so is Polanski, and so are all their respective industry supporters. Particularly when I hear Polanski apologists chime in - that''s it. \
Does anyone have a list of those who have spoken out AGAINST Polanski (and/or Woody Allen) in Hollywood? Because the people on that list would be the ones with true integrity, particularly in a business where they are being told to play ball.
- Did a little of my own research:
Here are some celebrities who have spoken out against Polanski:
Kevin Smith - love him
Neil Gaiman - ditto
Joy Behar (!)
Kirstie Alley (!)
Bill Maher (
Alison Arngrim - love her
Alison Winn Scotch (
Geraldine Ferraro - RIP
Josh Malina (
Jesse Eisenberg (
Roland S Martin
Liz Burns, YA reviewer
- I will just add Jeanene Garafol, Howard Stern Richard Dawkins to the "actually have integrity" list in the sense that they have condemned Polanski in a public arena and be done.\
The others, those who supported Polanski (as did Woody Allen!!!!) are assholes. Yes, including Terry Gilliam, Tilda Swinton and Anjelica Huston. They''re assholes.
- Of course people should lash out at Polanski. He''s disgusting. %0D\
Instead of lashing out at Woody though, people ought to lash out at Mia Farrow..... for fucking lying and trying to destroy somebody career because you couldn''t keep your man.
- I think both Allen and Farrow tried to manipulate the situation. No need to blame it all on the woman.
- "for fucking lying and trying to destroy somebody career because you couldn''t keep your man."\
She "couldn''t keep her man" because he was, er, sticking it to his effective step-daughter who he had been a parental figure towards since she was 8 years old. That''s fucking disgusting.
- At Spence, everyone called her Tard-Yi.
- he''s a flamer! gross!!
- [quote]She "couldn''t keep her man" because he was, er, sticking it to his effective step-daughter who he had been a parental figure towards since she was 8 years old. That''s fucking disgusting.\
That''s fucking untrue. Farrow and Allen never married and never cohabited. Allen was not in a parental relationship with Soon-Yi. \
Why not just call him a creep for having sex with his girlfriend''s daughter? Most people would loathe him for that.
- He has cock-sucking lips
- R298, What the fuck? Are you Ronan Farrow??? Brainwashed by Mia much????%0D\
Woody was not a parental figure to Soon-Yi in any way. He didn''t live with them. He didn''t even discipline her, etc. Soon-Yi has even commented as her closest siblings have and said Andre Previn was the only father figure they knew.
- "she couldn''t "keep" her man?" \
What kind of fucked up retro shit is this? Hausfrau, much?
- r304 - this is what that fucking Brangelina / Angelina Jolie fans (aka LOONS aka BRANGELOONIES) have brought to the world. A woman MUST BE a brood mare for her "man" or else she''s "not a woman", a woman must "keep her man" or risk losing "her man" to an Angie-homewrecking whore type. Unfortunately they are everywhere, mostly Afr-Am (weirdly) & old, in their 60''s. I have no idea how bisexual drug addict Angie attracted these fucked up fraus but she has.
- The fact that many of us are just now learning about him as he goes out into the world -- and seeing him in this handsome form -- bodes well. I love that he wasn''t pushed down our throats like other celeb kids, wasn''t given a fashion line or any of that other puke. He seems centered and focused but young, not programmed or robotic but still quite brilliant and articulate (that part is refreshing enough). And I even love that the press apparently left him alone, even when he was the product of scandal early in life.%0D\
Good for you, Mia, you did well. (FYI, she also lost at least two of her other kids to early death so hasn''t been easy for her even once Allen was gone. Tam and Lark).
- "R304] - this is what that fucking Brangelina / Angelina Jolie fans (aka LOONS aka BRANGELOONIES) have brought to the world."\
No. This is the gayfrau mentality.
- OMG R305, I had no idea my "keep her man" comment would make such a commotion. LOL I didn''t mean it in that way... Now that you''ve said it though... I like it. %0D\
As for Ms. Jolie, she''s trash. I guess I have a double standard somehow.... maybe because Mia Farrow is fucking NUTS!
- Are these Allen''s kids? The first kid looks like him, but she can''t possibly be his biological kid with Soon-Yi.
- r309 - Yeah, she does resemble Woody and the other daughter looks a lot like Soon-Yi. I don''t think they''ve ever publicly clarified where the kiddies came from.
- In r278''s link, he sounds a little bit gay. Also looks a little pudgy (although hard to tell in the robe).
- "Farrow made up the molestation story."%0D\
No she didn''t. %0D\
Allen is a pervert and pedophile. The movie "Manahattan" was based on an affair he had with a high school girl. The guy is completely sick in the head and has many issues. He has always clung to neurotic women who aren''t as bright as he is, so he could impress them with his knowledge and have them look up to him. %0D\
The Soon Yi situation was simply gross beyond words. And if the rumors are true about her being slightly retarded, then he''s really despicable.
- [quote]Allen is a pervert and pedophile. The movie "Manahattan" was based on an affair he had with a high school girl\
There is a difference between sexual desire for sexually mature but underage girls and sexual desire for infants. Also, if Mia and her mother had observed Allen "molesting" an infant, why did they ever let him near any of the children again? Their "story" reeked of hysterical revenge by betrayed women. \
I think Allen is creepy and had more than one inappropriate relationship with teenaged girls. And I still think Mia Farrow is a lying loon.
- "There is a difference between sexual desire for sexually mature but underage girls and sexual desire for infants." %0D\
Doesn''t matter. Both are illegal. Yes, one is worse than the other (If you really want to compare disgusting behavior. Really?) but they''re both criminal and illegal. %0D\
I never said Farrow didn''t have issues. She does, which is partly why Allen attached himself to her, reasons that I stated in my previous post. And Allen was fully aware of it. You look at his public relationships, there''s a pattern with all of the women in his life. %0D\
He had a biological son with Farrow, so he was fucking his son''s half sister. He''s a sleazebag, you can diminish or negate that fact by trying to say Farrow was equally worse. She wasn''t. %0D\
- [quote]Doesn''t matter\
It does matter. A taste for sexually mature females does not correlate with a taste for infants. It was a bullshit story. Pointing to his relationship with teenaged girls does not substantiate the allegation that he molested Dylan.
- LOVE his lips.
One of the lesbians.
- R314, dear, since you are caught in the dangerous net of seeming to defend the indefensible in a thread populated by the DL maniacs who twist every nipple into an abuse situation, I apologize for adding to your problems.
Sexual desire - for sexually mature but underage girls, infants, adult men, dogs, the planet Uranus, the idea of beauty, outrage at nasty people (I suspect a favorite erotic charge for the sad heterosexual women attending the site and piping their right-wing smarm at us), or whatever - is NOT illegal or criminal. We are not yet at the point of making thought, inclination, or the occasional wild notion a criminal offense. Not yet.
What makes an act criminal and illegal is the act. Desire is not an act in secular matters. Please do not further confuse the issues by rewriting the entire history and premises of our justice system.
Now, getting back to the matter at hand, Mr. Farrow is very interesting looking, certainly, but his lips give the impression of being somehow insensitive. It's not that they're large - it's that they seem corrected, so that if you kissed them he wouldn't know it quite right.
- "A taste for sexually mature females does not correlate with a taste for infants."%0D\
Number one, It''s no more legal for a thirty eight year old man to fuck a fifteen year old girl than it is for a thirty eight year old pedophile to fuck kids. %0D\
One might be more disgusting than the other (that''s your opinion, I find them equally vile) But both are illegal acts that will send you to prison if you are convicted of doing either of them. There''s no difference in the eyes of the law. You''re a sex offender either way. %0D\
Number two, not every teenager is automatically "Sexually mature". I find that statement repulsive, because you seem to be implying that the underage party is on equal sexual and intellectual ground with the perv after them. Absolutely not. %0D\
It may have been a bullshit story, but how does that erase what Woody has done? %0D\
- Soon-Yi, Woody and Mia all behaved with incredible nastiness in their little love triangle. I don''t see Soon-Yi as a victim in the situation at all. To announce to your mother that you''re fucking her boyfriend by strategically leaving around pornographic pictures that he took of you is the act of one sadistic little cunt. She and Woody deserve each other.
- [quote]It may have been a bullshit story, but how does that erase what Woody has done?\
I never said that it did. My argument was that the accusations he had molested Dylan were vile, hysterical lies. That you or anyone else would argue that his taste for teenage girls substantiates the accusation he molested an infant is ignorant. \
I already stated he was a creep. I don''t like the guy. I also don''t like the hysterical crap that surrounds this story.
- I''m guessing that Woody is not Ronan/Seamus/Satchel''s bio Dad...He and Soon Yi adopted both of their children...he may be infertile...I bet Mia used the Genius sperm bank.
- Start watching at about 4:00 and then tell me this woman is "retarded" or has an IQ of 90. God, it''s absurd.
- "That you or anyone else would argue that his taste for teenage girls substantiates the accusation he molested an infant is ignorant."%0D\
Knock it off. I simply stated that both acts were reprehensible and equally punishable under the laws of this country. One is not different than the other when it comes to the courtroom. %0D\
I haven''t say anything specifically about Woody allegedly molesting an infant. I don''t know anything about that aspect of the story. I''m talking strictly about the Soon Yi-Allen weirdness. %0D\
The infant allegations may be untrue. That still doesn''t change the fact that he''s a pedophile simply for fucking underage girls. Plain and simple. No amount of "sexually mature" and "he didn''t really live with her" mumbo jumbo alters that. A pervert is a pervert. %0D\
- Ronan is Allen''s bio child.
- [quote]The infant allegations may be untrue. That still doesn''t change the fact that he''s a pedophile simply for fucking underage girls. Plain and simple\
Plain and simply wrong. Pedophilia is not the same as ephebophilia. Fucking teenaged girls does not make Allen a pedophile. It might make him a criminal if he violated statutes, but it doesn''t make him a pedophile.
- "Pedophilia is not the same as ephebophilia."%0D\
Whatever. For someone who thinks Allen is a creep, you''ve gone to great lengths to defend his behavior, and try to make excuses for it. I''m not wasting anymore time on this nonsense.%0D\
If it makes you feel better to try and lessen the sickness of the situation, then have at it. I don''t know what that''s about, and I really don''t care to know. That''s your issue.%0D\
- [quote]Whatever. For someone who thinks Allen is a creep, you''ve gone to great lengths to defend his behavior, and try to make excuses for it. I''m not wasting anymore time on this nonsense.\
I have made no excuses for his behavior. I''ve rejected the hysterical allegations that surround the event while you clutch them to your bosom.
- [quote]Pedophilia is not the same as ephebophilia. \
Kiddie fucker: one who fucks those under the legal age of majority. \
Pedophilia: Kiddie Fucker subtype- pertains to ages infant to age 11\
Hebephilia: Kiddie Fucker subtype- pertains to ages 11 to age 14\
Ephebophilia: Kiddie Fucker subtype: pertains to ages 14 to 19\
Woody Allen was, and may still be, a kiddie fucker. \
That is it! There is no splitting hairs when it comes to this type of subject matter for goodness sakes. Let it drop some, y''all.
- [quote]That is it! There is no splitting hairs when it comes to this type of subject matter for goodness sakes. Let it drop some, y''all.\
Why don''t you drop it and head back over to iVillage?\
If you sincerely believe fucking a 17-year-old girl is equivalent to fucking a four-year-old girl, you''re too fucked in the head to reason with.
- There is no clinical disorder known as "Hebephilia" or "Ephebophilia." Those are cultural sanctions, not mental health ones and, in the case of "Ephebophilia" very American, as the age of consent in most of the rest of the Western world averages out around 16 years old.
- Damn, I wish I didn't have to educate you gay men all the damned time about a woman's body, but let's try this again.
Sixty-two percent of women cannot have an orgasm from being fucked by a penis. They need much more stimulation to the clitoris than just a penis gives. That means that, at the very MOST, only 38% of young women are having sexual pleasure from sexual intercourse -- and let me repeat, that's at MOST.
So why do young women have sex with men if it's not sexually pleasurable? The reasons have nothing to do with sex per se. It's about insecurity, being a people-pleaser, looking for a caretaker. All the things that confused teenage women have running around their brains influence their actions, like the pressure to conform, a wish to be loved and accepted, etc.
All you guys think about at that age is that you want to fuck almost anything you can stick your dick in, and thus the nuances of an older man going after a 16-year-old girl escape you. The 16-year-old girl wants love, not sex. She wants a protector, not sex.
And perhaps she even wants to have sex, but the kisses, caresses, and gentle foreplay that women need, not the kind of absent-minded male banging she's going to get that leaves her sore and pretending she likes it. And don't forget, if she doesn't like it, the implication is that there is something wrong with HER, a sentiment she will probably carry around with her for YEARS.
And for a grown man, let alone a grown man as famous as Allen who could have virtually any woman he wants, to chase after any women under 20 is reprehensible and sick. Young women at that age are so needy, it's not terrifically difficult to find one and make her dependent on you. And it tells me reams about him as a person that he is so pathetically insecure he has to prey on such young women (and needy and neurotic older ones) to get his jollies.
I'll tell ya what: when you guys get a pussy and go back to being 16, you can tell me how it feels. But as a woman who had my first sexual experience with a 28-year-old man when I was 16, let me tell you -- there was nothing fun about it.
Now, go back to your fantasies about how much you would have loved to be done by a "daddy" when YOU were 16, and remember -- your feelings are nothing like those of a real woman.
That is all.
- Did anyone but me watch the clip of Soon-Yi & Woody''s interactions that were linked in r322 ? \
Gosh, I feel sorry for her, she called him old, she is stuck in hell with him. He doesn''t really relate to her except as a China Doll not as a person, he''s way over her head. There is a serious disparity gap between them. \
It''s like she tries to please him but he doesn''t relate to her at all. I imagine this much be what the Zuckerberg-Chan relationship is too. These Asian women hooking up with these aspergered Jewish men are just China dolls to them. \
And I say this as a Jewish person....it''s very weird. Trust that he would not have that kind of relationship with a Jewish woman, neither Zuckerberg nor Allen nor Amy Chua''s husband.
- Does Woody take naked pictures of him and fuck him? Well?
- " . . . clutch them to your bosom"\
- He changed his name when his father started fucking his sister.
- R331 Thank you.
- r331, well said
- And what had that to do with the ongoing argument here, R331? I''m sorry for your past troubles. However, someone on this thread keeps arguing that someone fucking a 17-year-old girl means Allen''s a pedophile. It doesn''t. I never stated that Allen having relationships with teenaged girls was a good idea. In fact, I stated that he was a creep. So why did you drag your unfortunate past into this thread since it does not relate to or resolve the point of contention?
- And now back to Ronan... Ronan speaking at the UN. He is like a handsomer version of Leo DiCaprio. Plus, he is probably a little smarter.
- Ronan in December. There's a whole set of these shots on Getty. He seems torn between slight awkwardness and werking it.
- He looks like a swarthy Greek mobster.
- He is beautiful. Whether he is your physical type or not, you have to admit that the guy is smart, eloquent and thoughtful.
- Wow. Mia's mom is one of my all time favorite actresses and I had no idea they were related. Learn something new everyday. Ahh Maureen in Only the Lonely. Poor Maureen. One of the greats and never had a thread at DL.
- R344 Honey. Maureen O'Sullivan (RIP) was Mia Farrow's mother. Maureen O'Hara is the beautiful lady who did films with John Wayne and was also in "Only the Lonely."
- He's been palling around with Daniel Radcliffe lately.
Take that for what it's worth.
- How did Mia's genes so totally cancel out Woody's? It is like he is a Mia clone.
- He's aging strangely.
- [quote]How did Mia's genes so totally cancel out Woody's? It is like he is a Mia clone.
He has his father's eyes.
- He had a nose job, look at his past photos
- His formal name is " Sachtel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow-Allen"..He goes by the name of "Ronan Farrow" He is a certified genius. He went to college at age 11, graduated at 15, then went to Yale Law School, graduating at age 18, passed the Law Bar at the same time. He is now special advisor to Hilary Clinton, working with her on the betterment of young people & education. He travels all over the world for Hilary to help & advise foreign countries about promoting their youth. It is God given that such a gorgeous,good-looking& genius could come out of the likes of 2 nutcase, unattractive actors.
- Mia is attractive. Certainly was when she was young.
Woody Allen is ugly.
- I don't know why you people are saying Soon Yi is retarded. She can fluff and fold like nobody I know.
But for real, a few things:
Woody Allen is not RICH...he has some money, but certainly NOTHING compared to his movie industry contemporaries and certainly nothing like the money that floats around NYC these days. His movies rarely if ever make any money at all though Midnight in Paris crossed the $100-million mark, I think one of his only movies to ever do so. Basically, he gets about $1 million per movie minus all the associated fees. He and Soon Yi do not live extravagantly, do not travel and from the looks of it, don't spend a lot of money on clothes either, though she is supposed to be a wonderful hostess and sometimes entertains by doing Yoko Ono impersonations around the piano in the parlor.
My great aunt and uncle lived next door to Mia's parents, Maureen and John, in Connecticut for a number of years and apparently that household was just as fucking nuts as the one Mia created, with all sorts of kids running around. My cantankerous great uncle used to refer to it as 'that fucking shanty irish brood next door.' lol
Illegal or not, there is something very fucked up about Woody's relationship with Soon Yi, but it's not surprising given Soon Yi's upbringing in Seoul or her life with Mia, which was clearly lacking in discipline, authority and structure. I don't believe, however, that Woody is a pedophile, as there are patterns of abuse recognized with pedophiles (see Jerry Sandusky, for instance) that aren't evident with Woody. And it could very well be that Soon Yi set out to steal Woody from Mia as an act of revenge or something. I don't think he was intentionally looking to fall in love with her. I mean, have you been with her when she's driving??
- Once read on a gossip site that Mia is a major shrew.
R353, as an outsider looking in, Mia has always seem nuts to me.
- looks like his grandfather John Farrow. That's where the lips come from. He does radiate gayness.
- He looks like Sinatra.
- Mia Farrow's mother, Maureen O'Sullivan, played Jane in the 1930s Tarzan movies with Olympics swimming champion Johnny Weissmuller.
- Supposedly Woody Allen had this one biological child out of all his many marriages and relationships. That strikes me as unlikely.
Ronan looks like an exact cross between Mia and Sinatra. Nothing like Woody Allen at all. Frank always had a soft spot for Mia; he famously offered to have Woody's legs broken for her. Surely he wouldn't have minded donating a bit of sperm to Mia, whether in a clinical setting or the good old-fashioned way.
- Is Ronan gay?
- Yes, Ronan's gay.
- How do you know he is gay?
- Wow, r358 & r356 were very prescient!!
- He's completely openly gay. He hooked up with lots of guys at Yale.
- I think Ronan Farrow is DL's fantasy boyfriend, now beating out NPH and Matt Bomer (and yesteryear's Alan Cumming) easily. He is above usual Datalounge snipe. Can someone make a DL poll?
For the record, i think Jane Lynch held the DL fantasy-girlfriend title in the she-can-do-no-wrong-sense (not necessarily the "hot" Amber Heard sense) for a long time, until her recent divorce troubles. Wanda Sykes is still in the everyone-loves-her category.
- Is Ronan dating Jon Lovett?
- [quote] He and Soon Yi do not live extravagantly, do not travel
Bitch, please, they travel all the time. You must be stuck in the 70s, when woody refused to leave NYC. Woody and Soon Yi were married in Venice. He makes movies abroad and travels throughout Europe. He got $14M for his 5th Ave home in 1999, bought a place for $17M in Carnegie Hill and sold it for $25M in 2004.
Soon Yi attends Fashion Week every year and wears designer clothes when she goes to an event. They may look like crap on her, but they're pricey. Most designer stuff is crappy-looking nowadays (see Stella McCartney) and Soon Yi's not very stunning figure is not flattered by them.
- R97 and R98 as well, R362!
- Where does he live?
- Some Ronan hotness:
- Ronan is very hot, bur very slender. Is something wrong with his legs?
- His mother is a wisp of a woman, so his being slender is probably a trait he inherited from her.
I'd love to see a DNA test done that proved Sinatra was his father. That would be wonderful; he'd probably be very relieved not to be the offspring of the awful Woody Allen.
- His hands looked tiny on MSNBC last night. For some reason I want to give him a back massage.
- Dylan remembers the abuse and refuses to speak to him. Game over.
- In R370's link, Ronan looks a lot like Frank Sinatra.
- Don't you think that was the point of the pose, R375? Ronan knows what he's doing...