- Fabulous tunnel.
- Sorry, what does that mean?
- "Flirting" is, by definition, "just for show."
- She''s a BOD but a FABULOUS BOD.\
Hence, she can flirt BELIEVABLY.\
It''s not her, it''s your perception of her.\
Fem-fems can pull it off.
- She is, indeed, fabulous! One of my favorite BODs...
- all for show
- thank you all very much . . .
- Has Holland ever been in a known long term relationship? What do you New Yorkers and/or LA dwellers know?
Curious in Flyover Land
- I thought she and Iris Love were together forever? Or was that Liz Smith?
- Okay... what the hell is a BOD?
- Bi On Demand?\
Ballsy Old Dame?\
Bitch, Once Dunbar
- I too am curious. To you in LA and New York - Has Holland Taylor every been in a known long-term relationship?
- What is considered long-term for a relationship?
- That was Liz Smith. Unfortunately, this question has been asked many times and never answered. Some thought that she was involved with Stephanie Faracy and another person said she was involved with a younger woman who left her and she was bitter about it. Other than that we haven''t heard.
- what''s a BOD?
- Brother of Dorothy?
- I had the "pleasure" of having dinner with her in LA years ago--I am gay man--Liz Smith was there--Holland is one of the most unpleasant people you can meet--she is a closet lesbian--and she thinks her talents have not been appreciated--really not a nice woman
- There was a Blind Item years ago, when HT was playing Judge Roberta Kittleson on "The Practice", about "...an older actress who plays a judge on a popular series who was seen making out with a beautiful, androgynous, and much younger woman under the mistletoe, at a Hollywood lesbian holiday party". A little while later, there was a Blind Item about an older, closeted tv and film actress who had a much younger partner who was prgnant....The consensus view was that the actress in the BI was Holland Taylor. All this gossip prceeded the gossip about HT being used and dumped by her younger partner. Is all this true? It''s hard to tell as HT has always been able to fly under the radar/hide in plain sight/etc.
- Couldn''t "closeted tv and film actress" have been ex-soap star Deidre Hall?
- What films have Deidre Hall been in? I remember both those BIs and I also believed them to be HT.\
r18 I have heard the same thing and other people on the board have mentioned she appears to be bitter. It''s too bad.
- HT certainly fit the "older actress who plays a judge in a popular tv series" perfectly. I too think it''s sad if Holland was embittered by her ex who took advantage of her...Lord knows there are plenty of lesbians who''d like to heal her broken heart!
- When you say, Holland is one of the most unpleasant people you could meet, would you be wiloling to elaborate?
- Wiloling? \
I kind of like that. It should be a word.
- She is straight, as we see her on TV, duh. Everyone knows gay people are not believable when they pretend to be straight.
- How does gay people who pretend to be straight are not believable relate to Holland is one of the most unpleasant people you could meet?
- There was someone who said they knew some women who had been treated very badly by HT, and that she was a "ballbuster"...He said something to the effect that, while Taylor has a great reputation among those she has worked with, her reputation on a personal level is horrible.
- I worked for her manager for several years..one of the nicest most down to earth people I had ever met...
- Her manager was down to earth or she was?
- What kind of manager - business?
- R28 proves what R27 wrote.
- I hate to hear she''s a bitter bitch, cause I loves me some Holland.
- Has anyone ever wondered if this beloved actress suffers from NPD (Narcissitic Personality Disorder)? It is a very serious diagnosis, and I am asking this in the most loving way possible.
- Why do lezzies want to know this about an old granny like HT? I like the shallowness of gay dudes more. At least there''s a new crop of young "is he or isn''t he?" H-wood studs to speculate about every season.
- Ha Ha.
- Are you people into Granny-Trannies?
- Personally, I have always liked older women (and as I have gotten older, so have the older women...). I always liked Holland as an actress, particularly her turn as Peggy Peabody in "The L Word". No she''s not a young "twinkette", but she definitely has an intelligent, patrician persona which many lesbians find appealing...
- Yes, I too find Holland Taylor extremely appealing.
- She needs to cut back on the pancake makeup, but looks pretty damn good for 67.
- Some of us just photograph better!
- wow r39, what shade would you say those teeth are?
- Didn''t she have horrendous "work" done? Like Hunter Tylo-style trout lips?
- LINDA LAVIN HAD ANOTHER NOSE JOB???
Marlo Thomas and Joyce deWitt
- Holland has a lesbian jawline.
- r33 I was going to post that, yes I believe she does.
- [quote]Why do lezzies want to know this about an old granny like HT?
I think some girls are still looking for a mother figure. Though, Holland Taylor seems anything but nurturing.
I had a crush on a woman in her late 40s when I was in my mid 20s. My therapist helped me figure it out in no time. I had distant parents. My father was physically absent for a good chunk of my childhood, but my mother was there and I still felt not cared for. Anyway, it's just a theory.
[quote]According to Freud, a girl, like a boy, is originally attached to the mother figure. However, during the phallic stage, when she discovers that she lacks a penis, she becomes libidinally attached to the father figure, and imagines that she will become pregnant by him, all the while becoming more hostile toward her mother. Freud attributes the character of this developmental stage in girls to the idea of "penis envy", where a girl is envious of the male penis. According to the theory, this penis envy leads to resentment towards the mother figure, who is believed to have caused the girl's "castration." The hostility towards the mother is then later revoked for fear of losing the mother's love, and the mother becomes internalized, much the same as the Oedipus complex.
- Freudian theory is not (thankfully) held in as high regard as it used to be, r46. The idea of "penis envy", for example, is complete hogwash.
A woman--sans ''mother complex''--who prefers older women
- Probably most celebrities have some degree of NPD...
- What is a lesbian jawline?
- Hello Genius,\
Not all lesbians had "nurturing" mother figures.
- Certain of us see in Holland a mother figure. How do you explain the fact that Holland likes "much younger women"?
- Holland Taylor is a very attractive woman. It does not matter what her age is.
- Some of us are closer to the same age as she is so she wouldn''t be a mother figure. Not everyone on this board are in their 20s.
- If you queens can gush over a bloated Alec Baldwin cause "he''s such a bear" and he''ll "always be sexy no matter what his weight is", then I don''t see what''s wrong with Holland Taylor.
- Love her or hate her, HT is one of those actors that makes ANYTHING she is in BETTER.\
Long may she act.\
[And the one tome when I met her, she was standing next to Tomlin, she couldn''t have been nicer.]
Ex WeHo Ka-WEEEN
- HT has been quoted as saying she always thought she would get married in her 60s. I can''t help but wonder if she thought that our society would evolve to the point that gay marriage would be acceptable in the 21st century, or if she thought sex would not be an issue by the abe of 60, so she could marry for companionship...At any rate, Liz Smith (who, perhaps, has lunched at Ms Taylor''s Y) still claims to occaisionally have sex...
Liz is in her 80s
- Do pussies get tighter or looser as they age?
- "Do pussies get tighter or looser as they age?"\
What about assholes?
- Kids, Lighten Up.
- I want to hear about her plastic surgery.
- She''s excellent even on the lamer-than-lame "Two and a Half Men," where she has to work with a terrible script.\
She was BRILLIANT on the long-forgotten (and short-lived) 1990s sitcom "The Powers that Be" (created by Norman Lear.) She played the wife of Senator John Powers, played by John Forsythe.\
DL faves David Hyde-Pierce and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also starred.
- Holland Taylor in "The Powers that Be", circa 1991-92.
- I remember her from the soap Edge of Night. She was great back then too.
- She was quite scary in "Edge of Night." I loved her storyline, in which she killed herself and framed her sister-in-law for it. (I think I''m remembering correctly, I was awfully young then.)
- This clip features Holland as the ghost of the EVIL Denise Cavanaugh on The Edge of Night...
You gotta love it!
- Oh yes, she was deliciously evil as Denise Cavanaugh on Edge of Night. Denise did all kinds of rotten manipulative things to her husband Miles and then tried to kill his sister April. Then the diabolical Denise was diagnosed with terminal cancer. At this point,you got the storyline correct. Denise then set about killing herself while planting evidence to point the finger at April. It was a briliant story because it turned out, Denise''s supposedly crippled father-she always called him Daddy- overdosed her to put her out of her misery.
- Her evil laugh was PRICELESS!
They don''t write em like that anymore
- Another EON clip featuring Holland...
- Thank you to whom ever posted the Powers That Be clips of Holland. She is absolutely hilarious!
- HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR, HOLLAND TAYLOR!!!!!
- In the picture [R39] posted there''s a visible scar that resulted from Holland''s brow lift, on her forehead just under her hairline. Her surgeon should have hidden it better, perhaps within the hairline.\
And, to [R41], the shade of those teeth In that photo appears to be C-3, which is in the yellow family and is relatively dark (the higher the number, the darker the shade). Our teeth darken as we age. She could bleach them, but then any crowns/veneers she has would need to be remade to match the new shade.
Yes, I am a dentist
- Shes the next kurt cobain.
- She needs to come on out!
- She was involved with some professor.
- R74 Would she have met that professor while getting her Master''s degree in Spiritual Psychology from the unaccredited private University of Santa Monica founded by Roger Delano Hinkins (seems to be a Ron L. Hubbard kind of guy).
- Was that a male or female professor, r74?
Don''t say it was a scieno closet case
- THREAD CLOSED.
- She reminds me of Jessie Royce Landis
- who is that?
- Holland is a hottie and saucy too. Love it!
- I am so in love with Holland Taylor.
- Her butt''s rather pruny but they get that way when they''re old. Luckily, women don''t seem to care how fat or skinny or old a woman is so long as she''s a either a bitch or a needy mess, and dear Holland can fit at least one of those categories.
- Holland''s butt is small and sexy - more than anyone else''s I can think of.\
Whoever posted this is a moron and an absolute asshole.
I love you Holland
- r82, you are certainly a misogynist. I can''t help wondering how disgusting your ass looks?
- For being nearly SEVENTY yrs. old, Holland Taylor has a damn fine butt. I recall reading years ago that Holland has a tattoo on said butt and that she showed it to Joan Rivers when Joan had her Emmy Fashion Review show (presumably off air). Do any Dataloungers have any knowledge of this tattoo?
- One cheek says "small."\
The other says "sexy."
- r86 How could you possibly know this? I don''t believe you.
- If Holland is so promiscuous as to show her ass to Joan Rivers and others, then she is not the woman I thought she was. Got knows how many woman AND MEN she has probably been with.\
She is no longer sexually attractive to me if she cannot be discreet. Yuk.
- Good riddance! One less rival.
- R87 R86 Was just joking. Did you read post R83?
- When did Datalounge become a place for prudes? Maybe Holland is just proud of her ass.
- I find it hard to believe that HT has a tattooed as...
- My attraction to Holland is based on how she''s a classy lassy
Don''t be showing your behind to Joan Rivers, Holland
- Her younger lover was on DL recently, crying about how hard it is to be her partner. Anyone catch that?
- Yes and I believe she started this post as well.
[quote]Is Actress Holland Taylor bisexual or is she truly a lesbian and all of her flirting with men all for show?\
r95...I think you''re right. Wow.
- Some of us are closer to the same age as she is so she wouldn''t be a mother figure. Not everyone on this board are in their 20s.\
There are 60-70 year old lesbians here? That should not be surprising but it is to me.
One of the Lesbians
- [quote]She is no longer sexually attractive to me if she cannot be discreet. Yuk.\
I''m sure Holland will be crushed to learn this.
- r97, yes there are.
- Wait until she''s finished eating at the "Y", and ask her yourself!
Liz Smith, octogenarian lesbian
- r98, I am insanely in love with Holland Taylor. I only want her to flash her booty to me only.
- [quote]Wait until she''s finished eating at the "Y", and ask her yourself!%0D\
Depending on what she''s eating at the "Y", OP may have more to worry about than flirting..
i''m assuming it''s an all female Y
- The luncheon menu from the "Y" always includes: Chalupas, tacos, beef-curtain subs, fur burgers...
The "Y" in question is definitely all-women
- You left out lady-ham and girl mayo.
Paging Bonnie Mace
- Don''t forget oysters, clams, mussels...
Chicken o'' the sea
- All of this speculation is useless without photos. Do they just not sell cell phones with cameras in California? Is it a green thing?%0D\
Come on people. We can sneak them across the border if we have to (give the minutemen something new to worry about). How hard can it be to snap a candid of a 67 year old? Even if she does work out at the Y, there''s got to be some dyke left in LA that can snap and outrun her.
- Someone please invent a pussy cam, so we can catch HT eating at the Y.
- bodacious old dyke?\
bulimic Ottoman dentist?\
bratwurst on datenutbread?
- she is a cougar and dating her agent- thats what a woman in texas told me
- Is her agent the "49-ish lesbian" from the "Dating a celebrity" thread?
- Good question, R110. I wondered the same thing.
- Good. Now we''re getting somewhere. Sex and age of agent, please, and whether she works out and the Y...
for a 67 yesr old, she sure gets around
- bump for agent''s name
- come on, someone here must have imdbPRO
- I don''t have IMDB Pro, but a quick internet search shows that Holland has 2 agents--Bob Gersh and Marcia Hurwitz (who is appears to be a woman in her 40s...I found a picture of her accompanying TIM CURRY to some Hollywood function...)
- Here''s a linkk to the Curry-Hurwitz photos..
- good work, r115. we''ll meet up at old man winchell''s house later and compare notes.%0D\
the only problem is she''s 58, and a 10 year difference doesn''t count as a cougar kill (at least in my book).%0D\
if she is the gf looks like HT moved on from the young ''uns, not surprising if the pregnant gf rumors are true.
and on DL, all rumors are true, esp if they''re juicy
- I was merely answering a question, r117...I have not said, nor do I know if Hurwitz and Taylor have anything more than a business relationship! I was merely showing that finding who a celebrity''s agent is, is an easy exercise in this internet age!
- Six pages on this idiot? Really? Christ.
- wasn''t being critical, r115. i''d tried to find the name and couldn''t. i thought r109 meant that the agent was a lot younger than HT.
- Come on, r119! On a website that can sustain page-upon-page about talentless and soon-to-be-forgotten celebrity ''flavors of the week'', surely 6 pages on an appealing and talented actress isn''t suprising.
No, she''s no Justin Bieber...
- r66, Denise plotted to frame both Miles and Nicole for her "murder," but instead hapless April was accidentally implicated in it. %0D\
Denise''s ghost first appeared at 6:46 in the Nola-poisoning-Miles story - it was creepy.
Thank you, daddy ...
- Holland should be given her own show. She has the charisma and could pull it off.
- Hollad Taylor for MAME Broadway Revival 2012!
Lainie Kazan, am I too old to play Gooch?
- Who is Justine Beaver? As for calling Taylor talented? Bitch, phuleeeze. Her weathered old snatch could act its way out of a wet paper bag!!
r121 is looking for a mother.
- [quote]Holland should be given her own show. She has the charisma and could pull it off.%0D\
well, maybe if she''d quit messing around with her agent, the poor woman would have some time to find HT some decent work
dippin'' in the company ink has its drawbacks...
- Oh, that should be couldn''t act its way out of a wet paper bag!
Holland taylor''s weathered old snatch
- [quote]Her weathered old snatch could act its way out of a wet paper bag!!%0D\
hey! i''ve had work done, i''ll have you know! Plus, as you may have read, I get a work out at the Y every day.
her surprisingly toned, muscular and young looking snatch
- btw, did anyone see the play she did in galveston about ann richards? any good?
- LOVE this bitch bump
- I would love to ride her hard all night. She has that "fuck me hard" look about her and I love copper heads!
All Night Rider
- She used to be called Dutch Taylor, but changed it after the war.
- She wrapped the NY run of the Ann Richards play last month. Did a great job. Love her.
- [quote]What is considered long-term for a relationship?
I think for lesbians it qualifies as "long-term" if they've been to Home Depot together at least three times.
- Remember her in "Next Stop Wonderland"?
- another funny clip from
Next Stop Wonderland
- In an interview from last year she admitted to being a bit of a slut (countless "relationships".
Bad reputation in that area.
- Holland has been in a relationship with Belgium and Luxembourg for centuries.
- If she isn't gay, why is she named after a country famous for its dikes?
- Just for those of you dying to know, the carpet matches the drapes.
Was just out to dinner with Sarah Paulson. New couple or old friends?
- She was the boss on Boson Buddies and the reason I still go nuts for a woman in a lady suit.
- Sarah Paulson really goes for older ladies, doesn't she?
She's friends with Keaton, Lange, Taylor... hmmm, Meryl watch out.
- [R143] Older ladies know stuff about lesbianing.