- The flyover fraus love her and she has a high Q score. She''s obviously looking to a career outside of Days, which won''t be around after a couple of years.
- I think she''s a very limited actress and even more limited host, but, as R2 says, she has a very high Q score. \
She was much more fun as the chubby teen whose life spun out of control after she spied her mother cheating on her father.\
Rumor has it that she was actually writing the soap opera during the writer''s strike and transition from one headwriter to the next, but I don''t know how she would have had the time. I do believe NBC (and Ken Corday) would listen to her story suggestions, though, they''d do anything to keep her happy.
- Back in her "chubby" days on the soap, she was told to lose the weight or she''d be fired.
- She''s great on The Biggest Loser, simply because she hardly ever shows any emotions and if she does it''s insincere. \
I was shocked, on a recent episode, when she let that massive elephant Michael hug her. He did it so quickly I don''t think she had time to react. She normally doesn''t touch too many of the contestants. \
She also seems to take great pleasure in torturing the fatties during their challenges. Her constant running off of the mouth would make want to kill her. \
I don''t watch Days of Our Lives but, I love her on The Biggest Loser. I sometimes thinks shes more evil than Gillian.
- r3=Dee Hall, who wasn''t even asked back for the Frances Reid funeral episode. Ha!
- R1, are they talking about cancelling Days? What soap operas are still around? Hard to believe the Soap Network survives.
- She sucks off Big Gay Bob regularly. That is how she keeps her job.
Apparently, he enjoys it.
- As r2 said, there''s a rumor that in 2008 that producer Ed Scott (former Y&R producer and hubby of Y&R''s Melody Thomas Scott) was letting her write the show and she has become a total "diva" who gets whatever she wants from the show (they wrote in her pregnancy as she requested, NBC lets/encourages her to do outside projects). When it was revealed the writers guild freaked and Days fired Ed Scott over it.\
She''s also got be a crazy work-a-holic as she only took like a week off after the birth of her daughter to come back to TBL and three weeks off to go back to her soap.
- r6, Days and all soaps are in danger of being canceled but it is less so than it was a few years ago when it was near the bottom of the ratings heap and they hadn''t yet made all kinds of huge budget cuts so that they tape 7-8 episodes a week and let the studio go dark a ton of weeks during the year.\
With ATWT soon leaving the air following it''s fellow Procter and Gamble soap Guiding Light, the next one on the chopping block is probably ABC''s One Life to Live. ABC still has three soaps while NBC only has Days and CBS will only have Y&R and B&B (a half-hour soap).
- r6, Days was recently renewed until 2011. Supposedly, TPTB are happy with the audience numbers and decided to extend the show by one year. After that, who knows? If they can cancel GL and ATWT, Days certainly isn''t safe.
- I worked on the crew of MERCY and she seemed to be an unusually nice person. We liked her a lot. The episode was shot in the dead of winter and she was always so bubbly and friendly, a bit of sunshine in our lives. Well, for 4 days, anyway.
- They took 4 days to shoot her little bit part in that one episode of MERCY?\
Well no wonder she would be happy with that given the insane taping schedule DAYS has now.
- Her husband, Dave, a police officer, is hot.
WTH is Big Gay Bob ?
- Hope One Life to Live doesn''t get cancelled.
- Oh, r5, that is scandalous. Dee Hall wasn''t asked back for Alice''s funeral?? She must have really pissed off someone.
You want scandalous ? Dee Hall was intoxicated at Frances'' memorial service. She made a fool of herself when she spoke in front of the gathering. It was beyond embarassing.
- Spill, r17!
- She''s as wholesome as white bread and American cheese. The fraus love a chubby white girl with a smashed up face (see Reese Witherspoon).
- I am thankful we don''t have to deal with Caroline Rhea anymore.
- She''s not chubby any more.
- A friend of a friend dated her before she married the CHP officer some years back. Said she was really sweet and down to Earth.
- was deidre hall really drunk at alice horton''s funeral? i want to hear more. were you there?
- r23 is that on the soap? or real gossip?
- R24, i''m just wondering after reading R16''s reply.
- Dee wasn''t drunk at Frances'' memorial. She talked about what a spit fire Frances was and how she wished that she could be more like Frances. It was a moving speech. \
My favorite Frances Reid story is when she had (it wasn''t called this back in those days) an intervention with Mac Carey was drunk on the set for most of the 70s. She laid into him and he turned his life around.\
Sony is trying to get Days to 50 and they have made unheard of concessions to NBC to keep the show on the air, luckily they make up for the loss of revenue in foreign syndication sales.
- Didn''t Alison play a bitch on one episode of "Friends"? I liked her in that.
- She''s not chubby any more? Every photo of her in Google shows a big girl.
- I love her totally unapologetic cunt character on "Days".\
What''s a ''Q score''?
- She was great on The West Wing. And killed in the Usual Suspects.
that was mean, I really love huh
- She was better when she was in that wheelchair.
Dr. Laura Horton
- A Q score measures likability and recognition. The higher the Q score, the better.
- Q score - a personality quotient gauged by opinions of audience members\
basically how well you come across to TV viewers....do they want to be your friend and all that....or want to strangle you...\
either one is probably good. but what do i know...I''m a financial analyst
- Q scores are also kept top secret.
- That woman who hosted Biggest Loser before her always looked so uncomfortable. . .like she was trapped in a pair of steel underwear. It hurt me to look at her.
- She''s thin now. Watch [italic]Days[/italic] some time. Alison is a size 4 now. Linked is a recent pic.
- Look at those arms. That is not rail thin. I agree she''s not as heavy was she was, but she is never going to be an ectomorph.
- One of the tabloids said Dee was drunk at Frances memorial and that she made an embarassment of herself.
- another question. did she and deidre hall get along?
- Don''t know if Dee and Allison got along IRL, but for a pair playing mother and daughter, Marlena and Sami rarely had scenes together.
- Jesus God, R37 - what the fuck do you want? She''s tiny and still looks healthy - how is it possible that she looks the way she does in that photo and you still manage to sound critical?
- I agree that she looks good for her body type and is clearly healthier than she was. But she doesn''t have the ectomorphic build that Hollywood idolizes and prefers.
- She's gorgeous, in my opinion.
I wonder what she will do given that both TBL and DOOL probably don't have many more years left.
- This thread is 900 years old. Half the posters in this thread are probably deceased.
- So? Allison Sweeney, TBL, and DOOL are still around.
- Skinny now.
- Is the poster who worked on Mercy still around? What about the lead for that show? She is in a movie with Zac Efron and she pings.
- She is fourth in seniority among the cast at Days of our Lives.
- If Sami looked in 1997 like Alison does in 2012, Austin would have dropped Carrie like a safe. Lucas wouldn't have stood a chance with her.
- Her face is starting to look gaunt.
Wonder if we have another Leann Rimes in the making?
- Leann Rimes was a regular on Days. She played Madison a runaway who was Jensen Ackles love interest.
- I hate her. I hated her when she was fat, I hate her now that she's thinner.
She can't act and she presents BL with all the skill of an autistic one armed dog.
She has two acting faces - bitch face and tears. And somehow they pair here with the finest cocks on DAYS - Rafe, Austin and EJ.
Which must be why, as someone stated above, the fraus love her and identify with her - they fantasize that all the hotties will be fighting over them, too. *eyeroll*
- I've been watching Days since One Life To Live went off the air. While it's not quite as good as OLTL (best soap ever IMO), It is campy and a bit over the top like OLTL. Allison's character Sami Brady reminds me a lot of OLTL's Tina Lord Roberts. They also have a lot of shirtless guys and a Dorian-style bitch named Kate. They should hire Erika Slezak and some other OLTL actors and pick up some new viewers.
- R53 did you know that Elaine Princi who played Dorian during Robin's absence originated the role of Kate on Days of our Lives?
- The Elaine Princi troll strikes again.
- If Allison Sweeney was the one writing the show during that summer Dena Higley through a hissy fit, then "Brava! Ms Sweeney!" Fans overwhelmingly LOVED that material and for a second, it felt like the good ol' Days.
Unfortunately Dena's temper tantrum got then Executive Producer Ed Scott fired and the show quickly proceeded to suck again for the next couple of years until Greg Meng took over. Maybe Allison Sweeney should consider writing for the show instead.
- *threw a hissy fit
- Again Allison Sweeney is FOURTH in seniority at Days of our Lives
Why shouldn't she throw her weight around
- Who are you talking to R58?
- It's really too bad that NBC couldn't/wouldn't pick up OLTL. It would have been a great companion soap to Days. Much more so than GH. They could even have Todd Manning and Carly Manning be related. The Ford brothers would provide some flesh for young Will.
- [quote]the fraus love her and identify with her - they fantasize that all the hotties will be fighting over them, too.*eyeroll*
Like the herrs don't do the same shit with hot chicks. Get over it.
- I don't think she's lost too much weight, but she definitively doesn't need to lose more.
I feel old hearing that Alison is fourth in seniority - Dee must be one of the other three, who else?
- [quote] I feel old hearing that Alison is fourth in seniority
At 'Days' if you leave the show, you lose your seniority. Once you come back you start all over again. They did make an exception during the Salem Slasher storyline, and no one lost their seniority during that time.
The three people ahead of Alison in seniority are
Suzanne Rogers, James Reynolds, Peggy McCay
Suzanne has the most seniority, as is top billed.
as Maggie Horton
- It's weird to say, but Days is making money in the wake of it slashing it's budget. It's one of the few shows making money for NBC, and that might just save it.
They rebooted it last fall, fired all the old writers and have, with some exceptions, moved away from the over the top stuff and are focusing on family drama.
Will's coming out is getting lots of positive publicity for the show.
And Alison Sweeney is still the center of several storylines.
- Thanks for the clarification R63. Dee was on that awful family show with Wilford Brimley and Shannen Dougherty.
- She has a cute family.
- On the Jeff Probst show. She looks better there than Sami does on Days.
- I think Days was in most danger of being cancelled when they were thinking of extending Matt Laurer's show and the Hoda and Kathy Lee show for (I think) a full six or seven hours of programming a day.
Matt's ratings are tanking and wasn't Hoda and Kathy in danger of being cancelled? I doubt they're considering this any longer.
Days isn't afraid to fire people who demand big pay raises, such as Bo (and they're already paid quite a pretty penny for what they do). I think Days will stay on the air.
- I think you are right, R68.
- who the hell dressed Caroline Rhea? And why would SHE be the host of a weight loss reality show???
- [quote]It's unusual for a soap star to cross over to tv/movies.
Tommy Lee Jones
Sarah Michelle Gellar
James Earl Jones
Billy Dee Williams
Mario van Peebles
would all disagree.
- Ali on The Doctors talking about running the LA marathon
- Alison has an interesting figure - large chest and heavy arms, but a slim, flat waist, and not much of a butt.
- The Facebook photo is so heavily airbrushed that I thought she'd gotten significant work done. But on the Probst show she doesn't.
- On Ellen
- On Iron Chef
- She's ugly (fat or thin) and a horrid actress.
And the idea that Sami would have dudes as hot as EJ, Rafe, and Lucas chasing after her is truly delusional. A guy like EJ would have her fired as the help.
- Are you blind, R77 - She's gorgeous.
- r77 - please post a photo of yourself. Thanks in advance. :)
- On RR from a few years ago.
- IO think she is beautiful and real. She is a great soap opera actress and love her on the Biggest.
She put weight on with her last baby but always looks great to me.
- She is definitely cute but I still can't see E.J. getting all hot over her. I think he would be with a more sophisticated beauty, kind of like a young Marlena
- The outfits they have her in on Days emphasize her bust and arms, and make her look chunkier than she is. Alison has beautiful eyes and nice skin.
It just looks weird with her and James Scott because of their height difference.
- She was in a fl Broadway play called "Prymate", in which he had to pantomime jerking off a gorilla.
- I think she's losing weight again.
- They put her in these skanky dresses that show off her back fat. It's shocking to look at.
- She reminds me of a secret redhead.
- Huh R87?
- I've got bad news for you R15.
- On Ellen talking completing a half triathalon.
- I heard (no proof of any sort) Allison didn't like the fact that Rafe was into her sister on the show. She supposedly HATED that storyline and went to the tbtb and told them to change it. I believe this because it seems like a couple of months after hearing this the show did indeed break up Carrie and Rafe. I didn't like the pairing either but the timing just seemed so suspect to me. Next thing you know the girl playing Carrie is gone from the show and Rafe is a love sick dope for Sami all over again.
- If true, R91, she was right. Carrie looked like an absolute stank ho running after he sister's man WHILE STILL MARRIED. She was also so self-righteous about this and Sammy has every right to ask her that day if she was sure that the baby was Austin's or Rafe's.
- Interesting R91
Carrie was always self righteous R92
- Carrie and Rafe was a serious misfire by the writers. Good for Alison if she did indeed user her clout to end it. And yes Carrie is such a skank on Days but they always write her as some sweetheart victim much like Kelly Taylor on 90210.
- Carrie is very, very telegenic though...gorgeous woman whose face was made for tv.
- I agree. Christie Clark is strikingly beautiful. I think Alison's grown into her beauty, though, and it's not just the weight loss.
- I used to like DOOL, not so much anymore. It was better when Doug & Julie were the focus.
- R97 - That was ages and ages ago.
- She looks stunning here.
- She's been looking exceptionally good on Days lately.
- Heather Tom was on bway in Prymate. Not Sweeney.
- I don't know anything about her but have always been a fan. I admire how she has a different beautiful hairdo every day. She is a good actress.
- That James Scott is gorgeous. He's a fabulous personality actor. His style reminds me of Clifton Webb.
- James and Ali make a cute couple. Light and dark.
- I love how she has pink hair now. Or at least a pink streak. Very cool.
- If James Scott had been an actor in the 30s and 40s, he would have been a huge movie star.
- I remember her character's fat ass chasing after Austin on DOOL. In what parallel universe could someone like her compete with the woman who played her sister/Austin's love interest (who was infinitely hotter)?
- r107, it's a soap opera. In what universe could Reva Shayne come back from her watery grave after ploughing her car off a bridge at full speed? Soaps fulfill the fantasies of big framed and overbearing fraus!
- She's taken Sami and turned it into a multi million dollar a year brand. Good for her.
- LOL, I guess I should also ask in what parallel universe could a woman be possessed by Satan?
- Allison was just on the cover of Shape. She looks amazing!
- More pics
- Where I live Days comes on right before Judge Judy, so when I was home I would turn it on and often catch the last few minutes of the show. I found myself attracted to this guy whos charactor's name is EJ. I couldn't get enough of him..so I started watching a bit more and then they started this whole big teen gay love thing and I was hooked. I find Allison Sweeney gorgeous and very likable. She makes me think of a young Linda Evans.
- R109 [quote]She's taken Sami and turned it into a multi million dollar a year brand.
What does this mean? Sami is a character. Procter & Gamble (keeping it soapy) is a brand.
- "You raped me, Alan! You raped me!
"Meet me at the pub later!"
Sami to her rapist Alan early '90s
- I agree that James Scott is hot. Love it when EJ is on. I don't give a shit about the dumb storylines though.
- I find James Scott fascinating although I would not call him a good actor. I find him an interesting personality actor, the way he perfectly enunciates his lines in his crisp accent is a somewhat eccentric trait. It's almost like he's channeling a lost breed of English gentlemen, from the Edwardian period. I'd love to see him in a top hat and tails - he has one of the most incredible bodies I've ever seen and looks exquisitely elegant. He would have been a great fit on Downton Abbey - certainly much more authentic to the period than any of the actors on that show. His Days character is a bizarre one - the son of Stefano and Susan Banks, and the E of his name stands for Elvis.
The writing on the show is really nothing to write home about but since Eileen Davidson is back as Kristen and has a fun rapport with Scott, it's always compelling watching. Back to Alison for a sec - it's true what the poster above said - she made Sami a definitive character in the soap world, the perfect bitch one loved to hate (along with Carly from ATWT). Too bad the writers have forgotten her descpicable roots and made her a heroine because Sweeney's whole success with the character and making her a brand to rival Deidre as Marlena is that she was a character so masochistic, so perverse, so shameless and so toxic it was event television.
- r114, I think the poster meant that she has taken the character of Sami and turned that opportunity into creating a multi-million dollar brand, Ali Sweeney.
It's simply insane that this woman has two children in grade school, stars on a soap opera, hosts a reality show, works out an insane amount and wrote her own novel.
She's also CONSTANTLY popping up on other shows and networking, whether it's getting her home redecorate for HGTV or selling a dinner party show with her and Lisa Rinna to E! It's like you can't escape her even when you try.
- Great pic of Sami, Kristen and Vivian as the three witches of Salem! Jim Reilly was writing the show back then and these three characters were like something out a Marquise de Sade novel.
- Thanks for that pic R119
- The point is, like Susan Lucci before her, Allison took a one note teen character and rode it to the bank. She accepted early on that she neither had the looks or acting chops to move passed soap opera. So she stayed put and developed 'Sami' as the love to hate bitch. Sheis the star of the show, the highest paid, she has a primetime gig, a production deal with Universal, and her Q is through the roof. In the same way that Susan Lucci turned Erica into a brand, Ali Sweeney turned Sami into a similarly successful brand.
- But Alison has surpassed Susan Lucci. She's everywhere.
- And that is now called being a "brand." Okay. Thanks.
- It can't be denied. The Lucci comparison is one I've never thought about, but you're right! James Scott should also be commended, he is equally as popular and having landed the Days gig after being fired from AMC, he has become the most popular leading man in all of daytime - an incredible achievement. Naturally James Scott and Alison Sweeney joining forces makes them not only a supercouple but the new Luke and Laura, meaning they will probably be able to dictate screentime and storylines in the near future. For two kids who aren't the best actors, we all have to take our hats off to Ali and James. Amazing how they have eclipsed Marlena, Bo, Hope, Stefano etc.... I just hope they are ready for Kristen because let's face it, Eileen Davidson is the best thing that ever happened to that show.
- Sami IS a brand. There's only one Sami in all of pop culture or any kind of global information landscape. Who the hell else is called Sami? What's the first thing you think of when you hear or see that name? Ali Sweeney in a wedding dress getting decked by her on screen sister.
- James and Ali are actually much more natural when they're not acting, don't you think?
- You could invent a drinking game for the amount of times James Scott blinks in a scene! Got to love him.
- I was Sammy Jo for awhile.
- I just asked the girl who is sitting beside me who is Sami? She said, do you mean the girl from the soap who roofied her sisters boyfriend?
- What I always thought was particularly brilliant about the Sami character is that every scheme she has ever plotted is built on one single event - watching her mother cheating on her father with John Black! That moment in her life damaged her beyond repair and informed all her disastrous life choices and THAT my friends is the mark of a great soap opera character. When a single event can create years upon years of story. This is why Ali has made that character more than the sum of her parts.
- R126 - Alison and James have a lot of chemistry.
- Allison and Gillian have a lot of chemistry
- [quote] she neither had the looks or acting chops to move passed soap opera.
- Oh and btw this is r113 can you tell from my post that I am obese?
- R132 WTF! Who's Gillian? Or are you talking about Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs?
- I think James Scott is a very good actor.
- R130, not taking anything from Allison, but that is what you call good writing. I know he's polarizing, but James E. Reilly wrote the shit out of that show from 93 until 97. When Allison recently celebrated her 20th anniversary on the show, she credited Jim Reilly for laying the groundwork as to who Sami is.
- I just don't understand the Allison love.
Never have, never will.
- Simmer down R135!
- She's a really good crier.
- I had no idea she was so huge. I just started watching DOOL when the gay storyline started. I used to catch the last five minutes back in the '80s if I was home to watch Another World (instead of on tape later). I don't think Sami was on the show then
- I think Alison started in '92.
- Sami and EJ - the great love of the ages! Very romantic! Love at first sight!!!!....:
- I personally loved Sami when she had a bit of meat on her bones.
- Alison won Favorite Villainess several years in a row if I'm not mistaken.
- She's one of these girls who will always look chunk regardless of how much weight she loses.
- R143 is clearly one of those fat unhinged fraus from the soap boards, who cries rape every five minutes about anything. Girl, don't hate because no one wants to fuck your sloppy pussy. Go back to SON or wherever, your kind isn't wanted or needed here, because you are obviously too stupid to know what rape is.
- r147 - idiot. Ever hear of irony?
- Allison is quite cute. She's a MILF and she's been smart in terms of expanding her brand. Whoever is saying that she's fat is nuts, she's not.
- She's definitely not fat. Actually if Alison as she looked in the 90s had lived 100 years beforehand, she would be considered the paradigm for female beauty. No joke.
- No she is not fat. She has big rack and a short waist which gives the illusion of being bigger than she actually is. I remember during her bulimia storyline, everyone was going Sami's bulimic? Then we saw her in person and figured out that it was her tits, they're huge.
- This is practically softcore porn!
- Okay, now they are having all the hunks strip ala Magic Mike. This show, meow!!!!
- R153, Will, Sonny, or Brian?
- Gotta say it, Daniel really rocked that stage! Wow!!
- She looked gorgeous when she was zaftig and she looks gorgeous now that she's svelte.
LOL R144 clip. Kate was saying she's a job creator.
- Alison's hair looks amazing in the clip from R145
- r156 - very well said.
- Here's Sami confronting Marlena about her affair with John - Alison was very green here and the acting is predictably appalling!:
- She is currently fourth in seniority at Days. It breaks down like this
- The definition of a hot mess!
- Is this something the credits tell you, R160? They go by so fast nowadays, I've never looked at DOOL's.
- Can someone tell us why they got rid of Sean Douglas (the excruciatingly handsome Brandon Beemer only, not the other guy) and Nathan Horton (Mark Hapka)?
- Deidre Hall always gets billed last regardless of how many times she leaves the show.
- Here is an opulent orchestration of the theme used around the time of Jim Reilly's return as head writer:
- Ali Sweeney's weight loss journey was partially brought on because back in the 90s, she had the nickname Spami on online soap sites. It annoyed her quite a bit and I remember her being interviewed on Entertainment Tonight about it. Most of the fan encounters I've read about her describe her as a nice person.
- I enjoy the twins who play Sami and EJ's son Johnny. Great little actors - I don't know which one this is, but he's very precocious!
- More Johnny:
- Apparently, Alison decided to change her eating habits after a visit to the dentist who advised her to cut back on sugar.
- I know this thread is about Alison/Sami but there is a major sexual tension at the end of this clip between EJ, Sami's husband-to-be and Will, who is Sami's son... start the clip from 2:55 and tell me I'm not imagining this!!!! They look really attracted to each other!
- You're not imagining a thing, R170. They look and act just like two people in love with each other.
- Happened to catch the show today, first time in a year. When did Tad become friendly with Sonny? He was formerly a homophobe -- has he finally realized he's gay and will be a third wheel in a triangle with Will and Sonny?
- She's got a killer body now.
- Rafe was the worst dancer out of the strippers. Brady was the best. Eric M comes across as so gay on-screen though.
- r164 Check again. Deidre is billed in the middle of the credits now. Has been since her return in 2011.
The "And Deidre Hall as Marlena Evans" billing at the end was a perk offered her when she returned to the show in 1991, along with a huge salary. Apparently, the opted not to offer it when they brought her back.
- r175, I'm surprised Deidre came back. She'd rather be poverty stricken that lose her place in the credits!
- Are there links to any of the stripping scenes?
- R176, you're not kidding.
The connection to fame and presitge these actresses -- or stars -- have over the craft of acting is so bizarre.
- Back in the late 90s, Hall's 1991 Days contract leaked on line, I remember it being a 3 year contract with an option for her to leave every 6 months. She was to be paid an huge salary of 1.5 miillion a year and had a guarantee of 3-4 episodes per week.
She also had male co-star approval, a car of her choice every year, ridiculous amount of paid vacation time, her pick of trailers (she picked Drake Hogystyns and had his ass thrown out of his trailer) and a pay or play development deal with NBC.
Part of that development deal was that they would spin her off into her own soap called Manhattan Lives, where Marlena would move to Manhattan with step daughter Carrie.
Scripts were written and a mere weeks before filming was to begin NBC pulled the plug fearing Marlena was too important to Days to spin her off.
Hall still got a flat rate from NBC for the spinoff that never was on top of her 1.5 million annual salary
She also had a TV movie deal with NBC as part of her contract
- Was Manhattan Lives intended to air in primetime?
- [quote]She also had ... her pick of trailers (she picked Drake Hogystyns and had his ass thrown out of his trailer)
Neat trick, since they don't and never have had trailers at DAYS.
- Alison shows workout tips. She's in excellent shape.
- On this month's self and has a video about her fitness plan.
- [quote] Neat trick, since they don't and never have had trailers at DAYS.
It actually wasn't a trailer, but a dressing room with a private shower. It was Drake's, but when she returned she demanded that dressing room (which was Drake's)
Manhattan Lives was suppose to be her star vehicle, as she was co-executive producer.
NBC had to decided between that show and Sunset Beach by Aaron Spelling.
- When was Manhattan Lives?
- She did a play on Broadway, PRYMATE, in which she played a lab assistant who gave a (simulated) handjob to a (simulated)gorilla, played by Andre DeShields.
- Really R186 LOL!
- She's so damn U G L Y
- R188 is jealous and mean mean mean!
- Allison's 7-day fat-burning plan:
Monday: Fight. "I work out with my trainer for about 90 minutes. Lately we do Eskrima, a type of ancient Filipino fighting that involves lunges, squats and a 2 1/2-foot stick."
Tuesday: Hill Climbs. "When I don't have much free time, I'll take a 45-minute run on a hilly route. The hills are so good for your butt—it's an extra benefit!"
Wednesday: Chill. "If I get home at 9 p.m., I just say, "I worked out yesterday. I'm going to do it again tomorrow." I'm happy to take a free pass."
Thursday: Longer Run. "I'll go for 6-7 miles in the morning if I can get it in."
Friday: Tone at Home. "I do DVDs. One of Bob's has a move where you lie down then stand without using your hands. It's so hard, and I'll think, He's looking at me!"
Saturday: Pedal Power. "I'll do an 18- to 20-mile bike ride. I live in fear of getting doored like Paul Rudd in 'This Is 40.'"
Sunday: Mid-Distance Run. "I'll go 5-6 miles. I also meditate at home for 20 minutes—no music, no thinking about what's next. I'm learning to be still."
- What is she going to do after Days?
- Now with dark hair
- r191 - sleep?
- I love her new hair.
- She has a new novel coming out.
- She is fourth in seniority
Now she is going to give that up, and Kristian Alfonso will move up one spot to be fourth.
- The show wouldn't last much longer after she leaves.
- The series with Dee was originally Pacific Lives, which was to take place in Hawaii. Tommy Horton and Sandy Horton were supposed to be part of it, working in a clinic where Marlena comes to take over. The Hayeses were also supposed to show up, but it did morph into Manhattan Lives which to me sounded less interesting.
- Talking about her new novel.
- I just saw her in ad for something. If it's new,, I don't think she's fat anymore.
- She has not been fat in some time. The clip posted in R199 is new.
- Is she a Republican? Someone said she was.
- She's not vocally political.
- She's gained some weight back.
- She's been outstanding the past few weeks on DOOL, as Sami seeks revenge on EJ and Abigail.
- She has been shadowing directors at GH for a year, and she's filling in for a director who had to take a leave.
- R206 - Have any of her GH episodes aired?
- sorry r203 but she is a republican. her hubby had mitt on his facebook page until fans began to kvetch then he removed it.
- Got proof?
- I was enjoying Sami's revenge plot but now she's playing it like some rich bitch Real Housewife type. I loathe the "fancy rich lady" voice and the pretentious mannerisms.
She sold Stefano's island. What a bitch.
Ali needs to gain some weight back in her face and go blond again. She looks very strange of late.
- I was kind of disappointed she & Abby didn't get into a knock-down drag out fight when Abby went to the mansion to confront her.
Believe she has gone back to blonde. Not sure if it was before she stopped filming.
- I wish they'd just do a full-out "fall from grace" story for Abigail and make her interesting instead of the Dannifer worshiper she's been.
- R210 - See clip in R199
She's blonde now and has gained some weight.
- Good to know, R213, thanks.
- Her new novel? Novel's a bit of a stretch don't you think?
- R215 - It is a novel. The lead character is a script supervisor.
- The GH episode Ali directed airs tomorrow.
- Ali does the ice bucket challenge
- Her farewell to Days
- Possibly returning to Days
- Alison and The Biggest Loser return on Thursday.