- I really like it. I think the cut suits her face.
- Looks like a dyke.
- Hair grows. She will let it grow out will look fab by the time of catching fire premiere.
- This pixie cut thing... first Charlize, then Pamela Anderson and now her. Is this a trend!?
- Don't forget AnnE, R4
I can't wear a pixie either, but I like it on some women.
- I like that she has the nerve to make mistakes, instead of constantly working the same old boring ass Liz Hurley look these boring bitches cling to. She looks OK, like a person not a Los Angeles franken Frau.
- That is one hideous haircut. Best of luck with the grow out.
I still don't get the public fascination with this completely unexceptional actor. Yes, her movies make money. She's passably cute, though I suspect it takes an enormous amount of work to make her look good. But there's nothing interesting about her. She's merely "likeable"--which is what passes for star quality in this sad, culturally depleted age.
- R7 - Have you seen Winter's Bone.
Well, my list if women I'd go straight for is down to two.
- Justin Bieber is so pretty.
- Suddenly she looks 37.
- Have you been asleep for the last four years, r4?
- It does make her look older, which she actually needs now given all the older ensembles she's a part of. She's 15-20 years younger than all her American Hustle castmates and is rumored to be joining Streep and De Niro in a new movie playing Streep's 30-ish neighbor. She needs some aging to play against all these heavyweights.
- That shit is ugly. Stupid cunt.
- I like pixie cuts on young women with soft faces.
- One persistent question, of course, was what prompted Lawrence's big chop.
"I cut it earlier, and it grew to that awkward gross length and I kept putting it back in a bun, and I was like, 'well, I don't want to do this,' so I just cut it off. It couldn't get any uglier," she joked with the audience at Yahoo!. "This isn't how Katniss is going to look in the next movies, don't worry. I'm wearing a wig."
- Love her honesty. Again hair grows.
- I love her attitude too.
- I can't get past that bad nosejob. Why do these people do this all the time? She was "discovered", right, had zero modeling or acting, on the street - the talent guy must have liked her look, why did she get her nose chopped?
She's never been a great beauty but her original nose suited her face more.
- Lord knows how she got "discovered" on the street btw by a talent scout.
- "Discovered by a talent agent in NYC's Union Square" area. Ok, which of you bitches foisted her on us?
- Here she is on a interview with the Catching Fire cast. I like the hair even more seeing it on her live.
- Radar has more of it. She wasn't just visiting NYC, she was there with her stage mother going on auditions.
[quote]5. She was “discovered”: Cliché as it sounds, Lawrence’s starring role in what could be one of the biggest moneymakers ever can all be traced back to a fateful trip to New York City in the spring of 2004 to scout modeling and talent agencies. While shooting a commercial for H&M, an agent invited Lawrence and her mother on another audition in front of more talent evaluators. The group of entertainment professionals was so impressed by her raw talent, they wanted her to spend the summer there for further acting opportunities. She did and more doors opened, eventually leading to her family relocating to Los Angeles.
- The link to the interview.
- Discovered by a talent agent? Her parents are well-off and encouraged her local acting as a child, they paid for talent agents in LA (possibly NY as well) to "take a look" at her and get her the first breaks.
It all turned out well because she turned out to be highly talented, but make no mistake no one gets "accidentally" discovered on the street anymore these days. Money exchanges hands often.
- She's starting to look like a young Streisand circa Funny Girl.
- 1. She looks like a young lesbian making lesbian choices with her hair.
2. I don't think she's attractive, but I do think she's a good actor.
3. I appreciate her personality. I'm rooting for her, in general.
- Ok now we see what her original nose should have been, the guy on the left is her father, the woman on the right, her mother.
Still her nosejob looks like shit.
Jennifer Lawrence's nose looks like one of the Jackson Family reject noses.
- DISCOVERED. Some fucking queen discovered this talentless bitch. I'm mad at whomever foisted her upon us.
"“When did you feel like you could act—like ‘I can do this’?”
“I did a sitcom [The Bill Engvall Show] when I was like 16, and I was like, ‘This is fuuun. This is awesome.’ After I got discovered—”
“Wait. You got discovered?”
“I was in New York, just watching street dancing, and this model scout asked if he could take a picture. I had no idea that was creepy. So I was like, ‘Yeah, sure,’ and I gave him my mom’s phone number. And then he called and said all these agents wanted to meet, and we were like, ‘Might as well.’ I was playing field hockey and cheerleading and wanted to be a doctor—but within 20 minutes, in the cab ride from the hotel room, I decided I didn’t want to be a model, that, in fact, I wanted to be an actress, and I would only sign with an agency if they would let me audition for commercials and act as well. I don’t know where that came from. And one of them gave me a script, to audition the next day, and I read the script and it was the first time I had that feeling like I understand this. This is the first time I’ve ever understood anything. I was 14. And my brothers were star athletes. And one of them was a straight-A student. I always felt like I sucked at everything, that I could never find the thing that I liked. I auditioned and I probably sucked, but I had decided 100 percent that this is what I wanted to do. And, fortunately, my mother and I had fallen in love with New York, so the idea of living there for the summer wasn’t as scary.
GIRL ON FIRE “I love filmmaking,” Lawrence says. “I love acting, but I don’t feel married to being just in front of the camera.”
“I was going to have to be back for the school year. My dad was sick of the whole thing, and he was ordering us to come home, but my mother was starting to clue in that this is what I was going to do, and she was trying to explain it to my dad, who, of course, didn’t get it. He flew up to bring us home, to physically drag us to the airport, back to Louisville, and the second he got in the apartment and sat down on the couch, my agents called and said they were going to fly my whole family, all of us, except my brothers, to L.A. for a screen test. We had never been to California, and they flew us out, and my dad got to see me act for the first time. The director of the thing said, ‘Is that your daughter?’ And my dad’s like, ‘Yeaaahhhh?’ Like he thought he was in trouble. And the director said, ‘She’s good.’ ”
- I can't keep up with some of you nasty queens and your venom.
What did this one do wrong to piss you off?
- On what planet was she a model at 14? She was a chubby chubs. She still is a little bit.
- This is chubby?
- Don't really like it, but not horrible.
Jennifer Hudson's new short hair is great,and Pam Anderson's new pixie cut also looks good.
- She's a decent actress, but don't drink the Kool-Aid, kids. She is as calculated a public image and product of the Hwood press machine as AnnE H, Gwynnie, or the KhardassiClan.
JL is playing the oh-shucks, I just stumbled into all this card. And it seems to work for her. But it's expert PR bullshit, carefully constructed by her handlers.
- She's not chubby, but she's not a stick either. In the video, it looks like she's put on a few pounds.
- I love her new haircut
- She is totally over-rated. I expected to be blown away by her performance in Winters Bone - instead, I thought she was fairly one note.
- Before the nose job and lip implant, she was sorely homely.
- R37 - She was wonderful in WB.
- Actually, Jennifer was male! She is a transsexual. She had her eyes, cheeks, nose, lips, and breast done. She had her adams apple shaved off and ribs removed to slim the waist.
- OP is the frau/child/women hating troll.
- gawd, I read Lawrence Fishburn, so glad I was wrong
- Another look
- I'm with r27.
- R25 is correct. The days of being "discovered" are long over.
- Knowing that most actors are pampered elite kids is actually pretty sickening, talent or not.
J Lawrence is the best and most startling in a very mediocre bunch of new actors. By far. Give her a chance. Her success is not a fluke, even if the Oscar was silly. Aren't they always?
She hasn't had a nose job or she would look much "prettier." She doesn't belong with Dior and that too is silly. She is not fat but is ripe for the coke excess dictated by her hype and detractors. She may do it for fast lane fun. Fuck Y'all.
She is not as great as Debra Winger, who should be her hero.
- Yes, she is like Debra Winger.
- Any worship of Debra Winger pretty much invalidates whatever else one has to say.
- Debra was sexy, Jennifer... not so much.
- R50 - actually Debra had and Jennifer has a tomboy sexuality.
- I think she looks wonderful.
- [quote]As evidenced in these Jennifer Lawrence plastic surgery before and after photos, it is clear that she’s had some work done on her eyes, nose and lip
Pretty sure it all happened before she was 14 too.
- More likely her face changed as she grew up.
- She had a much better nose here when she was 15 or 16.
- Her nosejob bothers me. It makes her look super fugly. She must have went to the same fucked up plastic surgeon that Maggie Gyllenhall went to since their noses are similarly chopped back to bits and makes me vomit to look at either of them.
There's good plastic surgery, then there's Lawrence & Gyllenhaal, who are in a whole nother league of vomitous looking celebs. Throw Merle Oberon in there too.
- I like her, but I don't think her face is especially mobile or expressive. If she is getting Botox - not uncommon in this insane age - she needs to quit it. So many women before her look fucked. Crazy Hollywood women need to wake up to this.
- With Jane Fonda. It looks like she could play Fonda's granddaughter.
- I finally saw "The Hunger Games". Pretty good movie, but I wasn't particularly impressed with her.
She was playing a character who is habitually silent and impassive, and didn't have the skill to show the character's life of mind without using her voice.
- She looks cute here.
- It's a really good haircut, on someone much older.
- She's a pretty enough girl, and a lot more likeable than AnnE, but that haircut doesn't suit her in the least. As my sister said "I'm a 40 year old mom with two kids and that haircut is even too matronly for me"
- Someone in the media is trying REAL hard to hook her up with One Direction's Harry Styles atm 'when he comes to LA' ...
...so I can only assume she's either a closet case and those previous gay rumours have basis or Harry's team are again wringing their hands because they've run out of imaginary skirt to link him to...and he's been out partying with Nick Grimshaw again.
- ^ Oh mark these words btw, we will probably be seeing Harry and Jennifer 'innocently' trotting round LA soon, no doubt.
- Not Frau-ish in the LEAST! She wears it really well. I think it's adorable on her.
- Jennifer Lawrence is turning into the new Julia Roberts. Remember how in the 90s Roberts was shoved down our throats with that America Sweetheart bullshit and she could do nothing wrong? The same is happening with Lawrence, only that Lawrence seems more likable (and she's certainly a greater actress than Roberts).
I think people are going to become exhausted by the hype if this momentum continues.
- her hair looks better here, a little messier
- I like it messy.
Jane looks amazing.
- [quote]...so I can only assume she's either a closet case and those previous gay rumours have basis or Harry's team are again wringing their hands because they've run out of imaginary skirt to link him to...and he's been out partying with Nick Grimshaw again.
And yet it was all over every celebrity site yesterday that she was at the Catching Fire after party with her boyfriend, Nicolas Hoult.
- Nicolas Hoult is gay, right?
- It looks cuter on screen than in stils.
- She's growing it out.
- She's hideous.
- She looks great here.
- This is what I call birthing hips!
- R73 is at least 40 years outside of her target demo anyway.
- She does have wide hips, but she's actually lost weight.
- Look at her photos on radaronline.com or justjared.com or mail online.com this weekend and you'll see her at a movie premiere that occurred the last day or two, and you'll see that her hair looks HORRID and the dress she is wearing looks really bad too.
it's a shame when actresses take a really great look (like Jennifer Lawrence had when she won the Oscar) and tamper unnecessarily with it making themselves homely and/or unattractive.
They never can just leave their very nice beautiful or attractive hair alone.
- Thanks, R74.
James McAvoy is so fucking hot.
- R74, I think her hair looks horrid in those photos - her hair is a mess growing out and I don't know what the heck she is doing with it in the growing out stages.
That radical pixie cut she has made her looks 48 years old, matronly, without youthfulness and without vitality and attractiveness.
She never should have tampered with her hair at all.
And the midnight blue dress in the photos at R74 does nothing for her.
- She looks good. She's had some surgery and will probably have a bit more.
- What surgery?
- It looks like she had her teeth, nose, and upper lip done.
- Nose, upper lip, upper eyelids.
- Comparing the two photos, her nose definitely looks more narrow.
- Why is she always falling down?
- I think that's just changes from 17 to 23.
- Nose job for sure. It's decent--good for her for not reducing the schnozz to some little sliver.
I think she's had an eye reshaping (Blepharoplasty) very common among actors.
Again, expert, subtle work. She must have paid top dollar for it.
- No, R87, the changes we're noting do not change naturally from 17 to 23. Your nose does not get more narrow, your upper lip does not puff up, your eyelids do not become less hooded.
She's had some excellent plastic surgery and will probably continue to refine her look over the next few years. I hope she doesn't go too far with it.
- I still see Miss Piggy.
- It's called makeup.
- She was so much cuter before. Why do all actresses want to sport a bland look devoid of any individual traits?!
- R91 = Stevie Wonder
- Definite nose job, but I'm not sure about eye surgery. She's wearing almost no makeup in the first picture and a shit-ton in the second, it's impossible to judge the details of eye shape with that much makeup confusing the issue.
- So tired of her, can she please go away!
- Didn't she recently fall over again at some X-Men event?
- To me, she is just like Jessica Chastain. Sweet actress, too much hype, now I find her annoying.
Except Jennifer won't tone it down.
- Um, that's makeup. Her eyes are still hooded and her nose is no thinner. Shading and contouring. It's why makeup artist is a profession. Also, her smile is bigger in the pic on the left. You guys are seriously reaching.
- R98 is right.
- Yeah. Haven't you guys seen Drag Race?
- She definitely had a nose job. It's not contouring to have a markedly thinner nose. I also think she got a boob job because her tit size went up dramatically but she got thinner. Angelina and countless other celebrities get plastic surgery to improve their looks now as a routine aspect of show business.
- Drunk again
- Her bust size did not go up.
- You know, I never realized how long-waisted, short-legged, and bottom-heavy Lawrence is.
I bring it up because we're discussing plastic surgery, and well. Every girl I ever knew with that body type had very small boobs, nature wants everything to go to the ass.
- She had large boobs when she was on The Bill Engvall Show. I think she's rather blessed with her body type.
- I hate her short hair but I fucking love her.
- She's looking svelte these days.
- Her hair looked absolutely horrid and dreadful in that conservative frau cut.
And it looks HORRID now while it's growing out and all ragged and stringy.
It has no style at all and looks like shit.
Can't understand why she wanted to ruin her appearance with that short hair.