The one thing I hate about this time of year: Static Fucking Electricity
There must be a way to eliminate this horrid scourge upon man.
Moisture is your friend. Get a humidifier.
If you can't afford a humidifier, a spritz bottle filled with water and used every couple of hours will work too. don't spray water directly over electronics, but in the middle of the floor. In the car, a small can of static guard works well for a couple of weeks for every spray.
Put a pan of water on to boil for while, it will humidify the house
Also, instead of running a bathroom fan to remove humidity while showering, leave the fan off and the bathroom door open to help humidify the rest of the house.
(Depending on your need for privacy, of course!)
Bring the garden hose inside and soak your carpets and upholstered furniture.
Not really a problem on the West Coast. The winters are more humid than the summers. (It's the rainy season, such as it is.)
Carry a dryer sheet in your pockets. Rub your hands on it to reduce electrical shocks. Run it quickly and lightly over your hair when your hair has that stuck-my finger-in-an-electrical-socket look.
Use a Bounce dryer bar as a sex toy.
OP, none of the humidifier stuff works as well as applying moisturizing cream. I have longish hair and cream rinse works for the static electricity. When your clothes stick to your legs and arms just apply moisturizing cream scented or unscented.
Wear a lightening rod.
Have your mechanic attach a rubber strip to your undercarriage that touches the road. Modern tires are composite materials that actually conduct more static electricity, which is why your car always shocks you. You can eliminate this problem with the rubber strap.
I dunno I kinda like blue bolts of lightening shooting out of my fingertips. It's the whole pain thing that's bogus.
[quote] a lightening rod
The late Michael Jackson was very pleased with his lightening rods. But he never kept one after it was 12 years old.
R13 Maybe he needs to have his rod lightened.
Does Lightning Lad know about this?
Having lived in the NM/CO for over a decade, I don't even notice it anymore.
Static electricity doesn't bother me, but it does my pets. They think I'm being mean sometimes when I shock them when petting them.
Surely with their fur they build up their own static electricity and shock themselves, yes?
[quote]Carry a dryer sheet in your pockets. Rub your hands on it to reduce electrical shocks. Run it quickly and lightly over your hair when your hair has that stuck-my finger-in-an-electrical-socket look.
See you in the oncology ward.