- a lot of young people don't know that Sean Astin's mother is Patty Duke and his adopted father is John Astin
- Jon Voigt's brother, and Angelina Jolie's uncle, Chip Taylor wrote the 60s hit "Wild Thing."
- OP, all I know is that I put Scott Easton on a Galveston Industries jet... and when it landed, he wasn't on it...
- Cole Hauser's great-grandfather was Harry Warner, as in Warner Bros.
- Forgot that Jason Patric is Jackie Gleason's grandson, and that Ann Archer is the daughter of Marjorie Lord.
- Marni Nixon, famous for singing for Deborah Kerr in "The King and I", Natalie Wood in "West Side Story" and Audrey Hepburn in "My Fair Lady", is the mother of Andrew Gold, who wrote "Thank You For Being a Friend" and who had his own hit "Lonely Boy" back in the 70's.
- Meredith Baxter is the daughter of Whitney Blake, the lady of the house in which Hazel was employed.
- MGM songbird Jeanette MacDonald and actress Blossom Rock, who played "Grandmama" on "The Addams Family" TV series, were sisters.
- Actors George Sanders and Tom Conway were brothers.
- Dana Andrews and Steve Forrest are brothers.
James Arness and Peter Graves are brothers.
- Thank you, R8 -- I couldn't have been more surprised if you'd told me that they were the aunts of Audra McDonald.
- Tea Leoni is the great niece of Hank Patterson, Fred Ziffel of "Green Acres".
- R6: Nixon was married to film composer Ernest Gold, who wrote the scores to "Exodus" and "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World."
- Michael and Janet Jackson are actually the same person.
- Well I migth have something to add, and yet again I might not.
Mia, busy Tweeting about lots of bad things 24/7
- For the Andrew Gold fans, a re-release of his four Asylum records, which have been OOP for awhile on CD.
- Carolyn Hennessy on General Hospital is Barbara Rush's niece.
- William Hopper, the actor who played Paul Drake on the original "Perry Mason" TV series, is the son of that infamous old bag Hollywood columnist, Hedda Hopper. Barbara Hale, who played secretary Della Street, on that same series is the mother of William Katt, who starred in "The Greatest American Hero."
- Adoptees count? Larry Hagman, of "Dallas" and "I Dream of Jeannie" fame, is the son of Broadway icon Mary Martin. Stage and sometime film actress, Helen Hayes, was the mother of TV and film actor James MacArthur.
- Actress Susan Kohner (Sarah Jane in "Imitation of Life") is the mother of Director/Producers Paul and Chris Weitz.
http://www.kviff.com/cache/573-default-2002_KVIFF 2002 468.jpg
- Quel hoot! It turns out that I'm either related or bestie family friends with everybody!
- Hey, OP....Jack Bannon is also John Travolta's brother-in-law! I remember thinking that Bannon had BDF.
R19, are you trying to say that Larry Hagman is adopted? I could be wrong, but I would swear he is MM's bio-son.
- My brother-in-law dated Suzanne Somers when they were in high school.
- Mary Martin gave birth to Larry Hagman.
- Nazimova was Nancy Reagan's godmother.
- Lucille Ball and Ginger Rogers were cousins.
- Milton Berle was Richard "Night Court" Moll's father-in-law.
- Elvis Presley is a distant relative to Jimmy Carter, Oprah Winfrey and Abraham Lincoln.
- I thought Rita Hayworth and Ginger Rogers were related by marriage, not Lucille and Ginger.
- John Travolta's brother Joey is married to Dick Shawn's daughter.
- And Kate and Audrey Hepburn were NOT related so let's get THAT straight.
- Only straight people think that to begin with.
- Lucy and Ginger were cousins on Ginger's mother's side of the family, which has been confirmed by Lucie Arnaz.
- Loretta Young was Marlo Thomas' godmother.
- Katharine Hepburn was godmother to actor Sam Robards, son of Lauren Bacall and Jason Robards.
- Tyrone Power and Laurence Olivier were distant cousins, as were Evelyn Waugh, Power, and Olivier, all distant cousins through Tyrone's grandmother marrying into the Mori family for her second marriage. And Tyrone Guthrie of the Guthrie Theater was Tyrone Power's cousin.
Rip Torn and Sissy Spacek are cousins.
And - I love this - the grandfathers of Taryn Power's children, except for her youngest, are Soupy Sales and Tyrone Power.
Ralph Fiennes and Prince Charles are eighth cousins.
Nicholas Cage is Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. Coppola's sister is Talia Shire.
Brad Pitt descends on his mother's side from King Henry II as do the Hilton sisters.
Daniel Day-Lewis' grandfather was Sir Michael Balcon, a huge British producer and his father of course was poet C.S. Lewis, played by Anthony Hopkins in Shadowlands, which went into Lewis' relationship with Joy Davidman. Joy Davidman was originally married to William Gresham, who wrote the novel "Nightmare Alley," which was turned into a film in 1947.
Franchot Tone and Cornel Wilde were married to Jean Wallace, so Wilde was stepfather to Tone's kids.
- Fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli was the grandmother of Marisa Berenson and Berry Berenson, Tony Perkins widow who died on American Airlines Flight #11 on 09-11-01.
- Patty Lane and Cathy Lane are (not really) identical cousins :-)
- Talia Shire's last name is from her previous marriage to composer David Shire who is now long-married to Didi Conn (Frenchy, Grease's Beauty School Dropout).
- Bobby Brown and Donna Summer are distant relatives.
- Olivia and Joan.
- Hayworth's maternal uncle was married to Roger's maternal aunt". I guess that makes them "cousins-in-law"
- Gloria Steinem is Christian Bale's stepmother. She married his father in 2000.
- This is why I stick with Datalounge -- great riches here.
Ginger Rogers was a cousin of Phyllis Cerf, wife of DL fave Bennett Cerf. Widowed, Phyllis married Robert Wagner, Jr., former New York City mayor.
I loved Bea Benaderet, especially on Burns & Allen. She was very funny. Doesn't she seem as if she would be a good mom?
Screenwriter/producer Frank Ross was married to Jean Arthur and then Joan Caulfield, actresses who died the same day. I saw both obituaries on the same page in the Times. Like Adams and Jefferson but more interesting.
- Matthew Broderick's father, James, starred as the father in the 70's series Family. His mother, Patsy, was the companion of pop artist, John Wesley after her husband's death in the early 80's.
- [quote]Barbara Hale, who played secretary Della Street, on that same series is the mother of William Katt, who starred in "The Greatest American Hero."
And Katt's father (and Hale's husband) was Bill Williams, who starred in "The Adventures of Kit Carson" on TV and opposite Betty White in one of her early series, "A Date with the Angels."
- [quote]Nazimova was Nancy Reagan's godmother
She was also Val Lewton's aunt.
- r24 I sit corrected. Thanks so much for posting that info. All these years I thought Hagman was adopted, I can't say why I thought so. D'oh!
- Juliet Mills' godmother was Vivien Leigh and her godfather was Noel Coward.
- Game show hosts Tom Kennedy and Jack Narz were brothers.
Game show host Monty Hall is Joanna Gleason's father.
- Butterfly McQueen and Steve McQueen were . . . oh, wait a minute . . . never mind.
- Keanu Reeves, Martha Reeves, and George Reeves are triplets.
- R51 Could be possible with the British Steve (the director.)
- [quote]Brad Pitt descends on his mother's side from King Henry II as do the Hilton sisters.
That was a long, rough descent.
- [quote]Actors George Sanders and Tom Conway were brothers.
Am I the only one who read that as "Tim" and immediately googled because I was so shocked by this one?
- Esther Rolle wasn't the only actress in her family: 2 sisters who were thespians.
Slap 'er, Wilona
- R36, Daniel Day-Lewis' father was Cecil Day-Lewis, who was a Poet Laureate in England, not C.S. Lewis.
Daniel Day-Lewis is married to Rebecca Miller so his father-in-law is playwright Arthur Miller.
- My Aunt dated Elvis off and on over at Hume's High School in Memphis. They kept in close contact until his death chastely. My aunt, her husband, and their kids were invited to Elvis' funeral by Vernon Presley.
My aunt never asked Elvis for anything and he respected that about her.
- Sally Field's mother was actress Maggie Mahoney, and her stepfather was western star Jock Mahoney.
- Mimi Kennedy is a cousin of the late Ruth Warrick.
Prince Phillip is the nephew of the late Jeanne Marie (lady Malcolm) Langtry. Lily was her mother. The late Karen Black was the sister of actress GAil Brown.
- Lauren Bacall and Shimone Perez.....first cousins. Her mother was his father's siste.
- Catherine Oxenberg, third cousins to William and Harry and all the other grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip.
- SNL's Jason Sudeikis is the nephew of George "Norm!" Wendt.
I was surprised that tiny, brunette Julia Louis-Dreyfus is sister to buxom blond Lauren Bowles, the witch/waitress from True Blood. Different fathers.
- R264 Looks like one cousin made the other use a little bit too much Old Dutch cleanser on his face.
- Not exactly A list, but Marie Masters and Mod Squad's/Twin Peaks' Peggy Lipton are former sisters-in-law.
- SJP is the grand-niece of Trigger.
- "Mary Martin gave birth to Larry Hagman."
Yes. But she was a kid and didn't yet know she was a lesbian.
- Tyne Daly is the sister of Tim Daly and they are the children of actor James Daly but I forget what he's famous for. And wasn't he (James) the gay lover of some famous actor in his later life?
- You're probably thinking of Daniel Travanti, r69.
- Brandy and Ray J's cousin is Snoop Dogg/Lion.
- Joan Bennett's nephew was obnoxious trash talk show/radio host Morton Downey, Jr.
- R69 James Daly was the star of "Medical Center," with Chad Everett.
- An easy one. Elizabeth Montgomery was the daughter of actor Robert Montgomery.
- Fat Albert is the second son of Eddie Albert, brother of Edward Albert.
- Karen Black and Gail Brown (Clarice from the old soap Another World) were sisters.
- And speaking of Another World, Victoria Wyndham (Rachel) and Beth Howland (Vera from the tv show Alice) are sisters.
- [quote] Fat Albert is the second son of Eddie Albert, brother of Edward Albert
Fat Albert is actually the elder brother of Prince Albert of Monaco.
- Catherine Deneuve had an equally beautiful sister, actress, Francoise Dorleac, who died in a car crash in 1967.
- Tim Robbins' dad was a folk singer. He was a member of The Highwaymen, starting in 1962. Before that, he was with other singers.
Alan Arkin was a member of the hitmaking group, The Tarriers, in 1956-57.
- Nell Carter and Dixie Carter were sisters. Different mothers.
- John Megna, the smallest brother in "To Kill A Mockingbird" was the half-brother of Connie Stevens.
Telly Savalas was the godfather of Jennifer Aniston.
- Deborah Raffin was the daughter of '40s-'50s movie starlet, and well-known televison actress, Betty Lynn.
- My God, talk about a thread for the eldergheys!
Who the fuck are most of these people?!?
- Shirley MacLaine and Warren Beatty are siblings.
- [quote]Telly Savalas was the godfather of Jennifer Aniston.
And the stepfather of Nicollette Sheridan.
Mark Harmon is married to Pam Dawber (Mindy, from Mork & Mindy) and is the (ex) brother in law of Ricky Nelson (son of Ozzie & Harriet Nelson) and of auto magnate John DeLorean.
- #84, get yourself a copy of Hollywood Babylon and have at it. Oh, I suppose such info is online now. Silly old dinosaur me.
- [R77] that story has been around a while,but it's not true. Kind of like the "Susan Lucci and Robin Strasser are Phyllis Diller's daughters" or "Eileen Davidson used to be a man" rumors.
- Adam Rich and Dano Plato got together after meeting in a rehab center.
- Allan Arbus who played the psychiatrist on MASH was married to the photographer Diane Arbus.
- r84 Begone, pest!!!
- R83, you are wrong about Raffin. She was the daughter of actress Trudy Marshall, not Betty Lynn.
- R59 she also went by Margaret Field.
- Isn't the tiny cute boy, Eddie Redmayne somehow connected to British Royalty?
- IMDB has no connection between Victoria Wyndham and Beth Howland. I think the poster just sees a resemblance and is guessing, or just fucking with us.
However, Beth was married to Michael J. Pollard (Bonnie & Clyde) and Charles Kimbrough (Murphy Brown), with whom she also played in the original Broadway cast of Company, along with beloved DL icon Elaine Stritch.
- Joanna Gleason is Monty Hall's daughter.
Kate Moennig is Blythe Danner's niece and Gwyneth Paltrow's cousin.
Allison Williams is Brian Williams's daughter.
- Betty Grable's first husband was Jackie Coogan, Uncle Fester from the Adam's family.
Victoria Wyndham's son is Christian Camargo, the ice truck killer from Dexter.
- Tim Van Patten (played Salami on The White Shadow, now producer/director of Boardwalk Empire) is half-brother to Dick Van Patten.
I always thought he was Dick's son. Maybe because of the 30 year age difference.
- Joan Blondell would have been the step-mother of Carrie Fisher if Joan had stayed married to Mike Todd and he had lived.
No...wait! That can't be right.
- Joan Blondell and Shelley Winters were sisters. Or so I thought.
- Nevermind. It was Joan Blondell and Marilyn Maxwell who were sisters.
- Jack Wrangler was the son of Broadway Star Dolores Gray.
- Same here, R99. I did not know until I read your post that they were [italic]brothers.[/italic]
Vincent Van Patten (Dick Van Patten's son) was born in 1957. Timothy Van Patten (Dick Van Patten's brother) was born in 1959. The uncle was two years younger than his nephew.
- You know, I deserve some of that sympathy you're always giving Blythe Danner.
- W&W for R105.
- Acting greats Meryl Streep and Brooke Shields are second cousins once removed.
Stanley Tucci is married to Emily Blunt's sister.
Sasha Alexander is married to Sophia Loren's son Edoardo Ponti.
Christian Bale is Gloria Steinem's stepson.
- Aidan Quinn is married to Lorraine Bracco's sister.
- R108: Him and I are not related in any way, shape, or form.
- Michael Pollan (author Omnivore's Dilemma) is brother-in-law to Michael J Fox.
Aimee Mann is Sean Penn's sister-in-law.
Jacqueline Bisset is Angelina Jolie's godmother.
- Matthew Perry and his father. Forget the guy's name.
- Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. are the children of Lucille Ball.
- R112 Yeah, that's really obscure. Wonder who their father was?
- "Nevermind. It was Joan Blondell and Marilyn Maxwell who were sisters"
Sorry, Joan Blondell's sister was Gloria Blondell, also an actress.
Fans of "I Love Lucy" would know Gloria from the episode where Ricky wants to surprise Lucy with some pearls for their anniversary and asks Gloria's character to assist him.
- "Jack Wrangler was the son of Broadway Star Dolores Gray."
- Did you not see the word "obscure" in the subject heading, R112?
- [quote] "Jack Wrangler was the son of Broadway Star Dolores Gray."
That's what he told me at Northwestern. His name then was Stillman.
- I think there's some sort of a relation between Mark Harmon and Ricky Nelson but I forgot what exactly it is and I'm too lazy to google it.
- 118. Ex brothers in law.
- R 103 105 etc.
jack wranglers mother was Dolores gray, his father john still man produced Bonanza
- Brooke Shields is the paternal granddaughter of an Italian princess, her great-uncle married the daughter of Queen Ena of Spain, herself a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Shields is related then, by marriage, to the current King Juan Carlos of Spain and the Italian House of Savoy.
- Per Wikipedia:
[quote]Wrangler was born John Robert Stillman in Beverly Hills, California. His father was Hollywood film and television producer Robert Thurston Stillman,who produced such films as Champion, Second Chorus, and Home of the Brave and produced television series such as Boots and Saddles, Rawhide, and Bonanza. His mother, Ruth Clark Stillman, was a former dancer in Busby Berkeley musicals.
- Wasn't Harmon's sister also married to Chuck Woolery, who was married at one time to Jo Ann Pflug.
- Why would Jack Wrangler tell people his mother was Dolores Gray?
- R124 Because she was FAAAABULOUS!
- Let's try the opposite: People that some assume are related but are really not--
Lillian and Annabeth Gish
- I wonder if "my wife is Margaret Whiting" elicited a similar reaction?
- Cheyenne and LaToya Jackson
- Madonna and Jesus
- Margaret Whiting was the daughter of composer Richard Whiting.
- Jean Stapleton and Maureen Stapleton got sick of answering the obvious question.
- Nanette Fabray is the aunt of Shelley Fabares. Fabray altered the spelling after Ed Sullivan introduced her as "Fabar-ass".
- (R93) Thanks for the clarification. Googled Trudy Marhsall, and she was in some good movies of the time.
- Jamie Lee Curtis is the God daughter of Lew Wasserman of MCA, once the most powerful man in Hollywood.
- Mark Harmon was Ricky Nelson's brother in law and is uncle of the Nelson twin singers and the bulimic girl who's name I forgot. Wait Tracy. And one of the twins is Gunnar.
- What question was that, Dorothy at r131?
- The other Nelson twin is named Matthew – those guys haven't aged well.
- Patrick Curtis, Raquel Welch's ex-husband was one of the babies "performing" as Melanie Wilke's child, in "Gone With The Wind". He was also into acting, but never made it big in that profession.
- Oscar winner, Anne Baxter's grandfather was the esteemed achitect, Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Victoria Sleestak is the daughter of Walter Sleestak.
That's hardly obscure. The last name sorta gives it away. And I must take exception to the DL practice of calling Erika Davies Slezack "Sleestack" or whatever. She is a lovely woman who does not deserve DL scorne. (ps I think Brian would have made a much better Clint than Jerry - sorry Jer.)
- Peter Marshall, host of the Hollywood Squares is the brother of 40's movie femme fatale Joanne Dru. His real name is, get this, Peter La Cock.
- Jane Asher (actress/cook, inspiration for "Ticket To Ride" via her relationship with McCartney etc.) is the sister of Peter Asher (record producer, previously part of the duo "Peter & Gordon").
- From the very obscure files: actor James Patrick Stuart, best known as AMC's Will Cortlandt, is the son of musician Chad Stuart, who was the Chad in the 60s pop group Chad & Jeremy.
- R145 He also had a recurring role on "The Closer," which is where I became aware of him. He was also on a few episodes of "Hot in Cleveland."
- Chris Weitz, who directed American Pie and one of the Twilight movies, is the son of Susan Kohner, who played Sarah Jane in Imitation of Life.
- Eric Roberts used to be the famous brother of little Julia Roberts.
- That was posted above, r147. Try to keep up, hon.
- R147 see R20.
- Actress Samantha Mathis is the daughter of the late actress Bibi Besch, who seemed to guest on every other TV series in the 80s and 90s.
Dr. Budd's toupee
- Terrible, terrible actress Joely Fisher (she played Paige on Ellen) is Carrie Fisher's step-sister.
- But I'd also like to mention that handsome 1960s/70s menswear designer John Weitz was the husband of Susan Kohner and the father of Chris and Paul.
- Lee Grant and Dinah Manoff are mother and daugher, just so you know.
- Soap actress Catherine Hickland married David Hasselhoff, who played Michael Knight on Night Rider. Then she married soap actor Michael Knight.
Now she is married to Todd Fisher, brother of Carrie Fisher, and son of Debbie Reynolds. The last part isn't relevant to this topic. Just an update.
- My mother was Judy Garland. Isn't that terrific?! She played Dorothy in A STAR IS BORN
- And Papa! Papa was Vincent Minnelli. He directed GIGI, KISMET, BRIGADOON. He loved all that French stuff.
- Ron Leibman and Linda Lavin used to be married!
- And Michael E. Knight and Patrick Stuart are bffs. Mike lived with Patrick for a when he moved out to LA with AMC. Lovely how we can connect the posts. I'm certain they're both bi.
- "Peter Marshall, host of the Hollywood Squares is the brother of 40's movie femme fatale Joanne Dru. His real name is, get this, Peter La Cock."
His son played professional baseball using the true family name.
Just imagine the game's play by play announcer having to say things like, "Two balls on LaCock."
- Tracey and Melissa Belland of '80s indie band Voice of the Beehive are the daughters of Bruce Belland, lead singer of the '50s guy group The Four Preps ("Twenty-Six Miles").
- Carnie Wilson and the other Wilson from Wilson Phillips are the daughter of the neighbour from Home Improvement
- Peter "Y&R" Bergman and Christine Ebersole also used to be married.
- R162 Bitch, please.
- Wallace Beery was Gloria Swanson's first husband.
- Richard Widmark's son-in-law was Sandy Koufax
- R162 Wrong. Carnie's father was the basketball from "Cast Away."
- You mean the volleyball.
- R168 Yes, thank you. I guess her uncle was a basketball.
- R114, and did you know that Joan Blondell was married to Mike Todd before she dumped him and he rebounded with Elizabeth Taylor? And Gloria Blondell, her sister, was married for a time to Cubby Broccoli, who produced the James Bond movies. Marilyn Maxwell was known for her affair with Bob Hope.
- For years, Bob Hope kept Marilyn Maxwell stashed in an apartment within walking distance from his home, so he could walk over and cheat on Dolores.
- OMG, tell, R171! That's the kind of juicy gossip I love. And if we could know that about today's stars it would be so much more fun. I heard Bob Hope was a lecherous old coot, but had no idea he had a steady piece he cheated with. Poor long-suffering Delores. And you know, as far as the general public knew, Delores was his everything. Huh.
- Lois Maxwell, a.k.a. Miss Moneypenny, was close friends with Roger Moore well before they worked together onscreen -- they met as students at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in the 1940s. She was ready to quit the James Bond series in the early '70s due to lousy pay but decided to stay on after RM replaced Sean Connery.
- I always thought Tony Hope (Bob's son) was his natural child and not adopted. I think Tony looked like him
- In between Joan Blondell and Elizabeth Taylor, Gypsy Rose Lee made several appearances in Mike Todd's bedroom, though it's true they never married.
- [quote]SJP is the grand-niece of Trigger.
Speaking of Trigger, his first screen appearance was in Adventures of Robin Hood when he played Maid Marian's (Olivia de Havilland) horse.
And another fun fact: When Trigger died and Roy sent him off to be stuffed, his flesh was sold to restaurants around the Southwest, a crime for which the butcher was sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- [quote]R142: And I must take exception to the DL practice of calling Erika Davies Slezack "Sleestack."
Since you're in the know, R142, I'm going to "Oh, dear" your spelling of "Slezack." It's "Slezak." No "c."
[quote](ps I think Brian would have made a much better Clint than Jerry - sorry Jer.)
On this, I am not in the know. Who is Brian? (I thought Ross Marler was brilliant as Clint, btw.)
- John Cameron Swayze(Timex spokesperson; newsman;budding actor) and actor Patrick Swayze were sixth cousins, once removed.
- Minka Kelly is the daughter of Aerosmith drummer Rick Dufay,who himself is the son of actor Richard Ney, who was once married to Greer Garson!
- Where are the British obscure relationships?
Stephen Dillane is the father of biracial son Frank Dillane,who was in the Harry Potter movies
- Niccollette Sheridan is the daughter of Kojak, Telly Savalas... and a real cunt, too!
- R182, she is not.
- Diane Lane, who is married (although filed for divorce) to Josh Brolin, son of James Brolin, and son-in-law to Barbra Streisand, is the daughter of a Playboy Playmate. So we all know who the white trash in that relationship *really* is.
- The late Chris Brinkman, one of the original members of Jane's Addiction, was the youngest child of Jeanne Crain.
- I think Nicolette was Telly Savalas's step daughter. He lived with her mother for years in Bel Air. Not sure if they were married. Bijoux Philips iss Billy Baldwin's sister in law. And a cunt.
- Yess, she iss a cunt!
- OP, as I read your post and saw "Jack Bannon..." I wondered if you knew he played the guy who stole Val's babies.
He was so good in that short, but pivotal role.
- Brad Pitt is John Lithgow's nephew.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's grandfather, Michael Gordon, directed Doris Day classics "Pillow Talk" and "Move Over, Darling" as well as other movies.
- It could take a while, but there's always the Chaplins. I wouldn't call any of them obscure, though.
- JGL does look entitled.
- Madonna and Celine Dion are cousins through Madonna's late French-Canadien mother.
- Madonna is also said to be related to Gwen Stefani and Ellen DeGeneres as well as Dion:
- To be honest, there is a family resemblance between Madonna, Stefani and DeGeneres.
- All those shiksas look alike.
Telly fathered a boy with Nicollette's mother. When that relationship ended, he cut off all contact with Nicollette. His Kojak costar was Kevin Dobson, who later played Nicollette's father on Knots Landing.
- I just saw a current video of Kevin Dobson in a promo for MeTV-- he said he'd never heard of MeTV until people started coming up to him and calling him "Crocker" (his character's name in "Kojak.") He looked pretty damn good in the video.
- I've never heard of MeTV.
- For R199
- The 4th TV "Lassie" was the aunt of "Tramp" on MY THREE SONS.
- I picture everyone posting on this thread wearing caftans, sitting around a table playing pinochle, smoking and drinking from high ball glasses and carrying on this conversation while absentmindedly playing cards.
- R202 Pinochle? Bitch, please ... it's MAH JONGG!
- My caftan is Very Dionne.
- Richard Belzer and Henry Winkler are cousins.
- 1940s Hayseed singer-comedienne Judy Canova (and her daughter Diana Canova) are descendants of the important 18th century Italian neoclassical sculptor Antonio Canova.
- Loetta Young was the sister-in-law of Ricardo Montalban
Susan Saint James is the wife of NBC executive Dick Ebersole and the aunt of Christa Miller. When the son of Ebersole and Saint James died in a plane crash, a lot of news accounts mentioned bersole in the lede, but didn't mention Saint James until the eighth paragraph
- IS Dick Ebersole related to Christine Ebersole?
- R208 Only enough to get her a job on SNL.
- My mistake: the husband of Susan Saint James spells his surname EBERSOL. The actress Christine EBERSOLE
- Georgeanne LaPierre, who originated the role of Heather Webber on General Hospital, is Cher's sister.
- Rufus Wainwright fathered the child of Leonard Cohen's daughter.
- Lee J. Cobb's daugher is Julie Cobb, best known as the mom in "Charles in Charge." Her ex-husbands include James Cromwell, Harry Morgan's (MASH) son Christopher, and Little House's Victor French. Cromwell also appeared on Little House as Eliza Jane's suitor.
- Film composer John Williams was married to actress Barbara Ruick (Carrie in Carousel). Their son Joseph is the lead singer in Toto.
- Speaking of Harry Morgan, "December Bride" star Frances Rafferty was the sister of California State Superintendent of Public Instruction and Republican Senate candidate Max Rafferty.
- His father was Cecil Day-Lewis, not CS Lewis, r36
- Actor Matt Salinger is the son of professional recluse J.D. Salinger.
- Helen Lawson was a whore. She's left bastards on every corner in Hollywood.
- R218 It's not nice to trash your mama like that.
- Greg Bautzer, played by Steve Forrest in Mommie Dearest, was the ex-husband IRL of actress Dana Wynter.
- OK, you said obscure: Ginger Rogers' first husband, Jack Pepper, was the father of '60s actress Cynthia Pepper ("Margie"). Ginger wasn't her mother; Jack's second wife was.
But neither was related to Barbara Pepper (frequent "Lucy" guest and also Doris Ziffel on "Green Acres.")
- The last I saw Kevin Dobson was on a daytime soap opera. I forget which one it was, but he was seriously miscast (he was recasting a veteran actor whose long-time character was NOT New Yawk style) and his toupee was very unflattering.
- Coby Bell of the [italic]Third Watch[/italic] is the son of Broadway actor/singer Michel Bell
- Cody's aunt is singer Regina Belle.
- Susan Kohner's mother is Mexican actress Lupita Tovar, who is 103 years old.
- Beth Howland and Victoria Wyndham are not related. Although they do both resemble afghan hounds.
- "Chico and the Man", "Willy Wonka" actor Jack Albertson was the uncle of George Englund who was married to Cloris Leachman. George and Cloris have five children.
George's mom was actress Cloris Leachman, Jack's sister.
Chris Noth's mom, Jeanne Parr, was a European TV news correspondent for CBS.
- Yiiikes, WTF did I just write?
Jack Albertson's sister was Mabel Albertson, a well known TV actress during the 1960s and 70s!
- Jack was also the brother of Mabel Albertson, who played Mrs. Stephens on "Bewitched." She was George Englund's mother.
- Fellatio Gallant - hilarious!!!!!!!!
- Actor Keenan Wynn was uncle by marriage to the Hudson Bros, one of whom married Goldie Hawn and became the nominal father of hellspawn Kate Hudson. Wynn was also father-in-law to singer/songwriter/munchkin Paul Williams. And Wynn's father was character actor Ed Wynn.
- Maya Rudolph is the daughter of the later singer Minnie Riperton.
Actor/comedian/pianist/songwriter Cliff Arquette AKA Charley Weaver was the grandfather of the Arquette acting dynasty.
Director Nick Cassavetes is the son of Gena Rowlands.
Singer Rosemary Clooney was married to actor José Ferrer, who was previously married to actress/acting teacher Uta Hagen. Clooney and Ferrer were the parents of actor Miguel Ferrer and Gabriel Ferrer...who is married to Debbie Boone!
Actresses Olivia and Maryam d'Abo are first cousins once removed; Olivia's father (Maryam's first cousin) is composer/singer/songwriter Mike d'Abo who was the lead singer in Manfred Mann, the 1960s pop version of the band.
- Sting, Phil Collins, Andy Summers, Meatloaf and Steven Tyler, to name a few musicians...all have daughters who are working actresses. Sting has two daughters who act.
Julie Louis-Dreyfus is a descendant from the uber wealthy Dreyfus Fund family!
How's this for obscure: English actor Peter Davison and his ex-wife, American actress Sandra Dickinson, are the parents of English actress Georgia Moffett.
Both Davison and his daughter have played Time Lords in Doctor Who: Davison played the Fifth Doctor and Moffett played Jenny, the cloned daughter of the Tenth Doctor...portrayed by Georgia's real-life husband David Tennant!
- Mr Ed used to fuck Judy Garland.....in the ass!
- Almost, r233. JLD's father, Gerard Louis-Dreyfus, is a billionaire, but he runs the Louis Dreyfus Group, nothing to do with the Dreyfus Fund.
- Actors Matt and Kevin Dillon are the great-nephews of cartoonist Alex Raymond, who created Flash Gordon.
Actor Roy Dotrice is the father of actresses Karen Dotrice and Michele Dotrice, the latter was married to the late actor Edward Woodward.
Author Charles Dickens was the great-great-great-grandfather of actors Harry Lloyd and Gerald Dickens. Dickens' great-granddaughter Aileen Dickens Hawksley, who went by Gypsy, was the wife of British actor Alan Napier.
- Helena Bonham Carter is fron an aristocratic family and is the great niece of Lilliane De Rothschild who's husband also kept Pamela Churchill before she became eventually Harriman. The Duke of Windsor once asked Lilliane if she knew which member of the Rothschild family was stepping out with Pamela Churchill. "That would be my Husband, Sir" she famously replied.
- Kaye Ballard is first cousin of former Ohio governor Dick Celeste.
- Italian-born Slovenian film actor George Dolenz and his wife, stage actress and singer Janelle Johnson, were the parents of musician and actor Micky Dolenz, best known as a member of The Monkees. As a child, Mickey was on an American TV show called "Circus Boy".
Micky and his former wife, British model and TV presenter Samantha Juste, are the parents of actress Ami Dolenz (IIRC, Ami was on a daytime soap), who is married to kickboxer-actor Jerry Trimble.
(I always thought Mickey Dolenz looked Hispanic, who knew he was Slovenian!)
- Child actress Mary Badham (Scout in [italic]To Kill a Mockingbird[/italic]) is the younger sister of director John Badham (Saturday Night Fever, WarGames)
I suppose that should have been obvious, but I had no idea until recently. But I was also the last Buffy fan to learn that Juliet Landau is the daughter of Martin Landau.
- Writer John Gregory Dunne was husband of writer Joan Didion and brother of journalist Dominick Dunne; Dominick was father to actor-director Griffin Dunne and the murdered actress Dominique Dunne.
The husband-and-wife classical clarinetists Stanley and Naomi Drucker are the parents of rockabilly double bassist Leon Drucker, better known as Lee Rocker from the band Stray Cats.
Danny Elfman, musician and film composer is married to actress Bridget Fonda, his brother is film director Richard Elfman. Richard is the father of actor Bodhi Elfman, who is married to actress Jenna Elfman. Jenna is niece of singer Tony Butala of the vocal group The Lettermen.
- [quote] Kaye Ballard is first cousin of former Ohio governor Dick Celeste.
That's the closest a dick has ever been to Kaye, no doubt.
- Bob and Ray writer Raymond Knight died in 1953. In 1954, Bob Elliott married Knight's widow, Lee, creating a comedic lineage that spans three centuries and four generations, from Raymond Knight and Bob Elliott to Chris Elliott and his daughter, Abby Elliott (formerly on SNL).
Ralph Fiennes was married to actress Alex Kingston, his long-time partner is the actress Francesca Annis.
Loudon Wainwright III (son of Time magazine columnist Loudon Wainwright, Jr.), his sister Sloan Wainwright, son Rufus Wainwright and daughter Martha Wainwright are all singer-songwriters.
Rufus and Martha are the children of Loudon's former late wife Kate McGarrigle, of the singing sisters Kate and Anna McGarrigle. Loudon's second daughter, Lucy Wainwright Roche, whose mother is Suzzy Roche of singing sisters The Roches, is another singer-songwriter.
- The late George C. Scott and actress Colleen Dewhurst were the parents of actor Campbell Scott, who is currently on "Royal Pains".
World famous sitar player. the late Ravi Shankar was the father of singer/composer Norah Jones.
Actor Casey Siemaszko has a younger sister actress Nina Siemaszko, their brother Corky Siemaszko is a reporter for The New York Daily News.
Singer Beck is married to actress Marissa Ribisi, who is the twin sister of actor Giovanni Ribisi.
Killer Gary Gilmore's brother Mikal Gilmore used to be a journalist for Rolling Stone.
- Nina Siemaszko? Never heard of her.
- Nina Siemaszko was most recently in "The Bling Ring" and was also in "Armistead Maupin's More Tales of the City", she's also done a ton of TV work.
You might not know her by name, but you might recognize her.
- Ken Howard is (or was?) married to the daughter of Ann Landers.
- "More Tales Of The City"? They made a sequal? Hmph.
- Actress Anne Archer is the daughter of actress Marjorie Lord, who played Danny "Glass Coffee Table" Thomas' wife on "Make Room for Daddy".
- Honeymooners actress Sheila MacRae was married to actor Gordon MacRae. Their daughter, Meredith MacRae (Petticoat Junction and My Three Sons) was married to Greg Mullavey (Tom Hartman on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman).
- All About Eve's Anne Baxter was the granddaughter of architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- R231 Bill Hudson was also married to Cindy Williams.
- Perhaps the most prominent member of Helena Bonham-Carter's aristocratic family was H.H. Asquith, Prime Minister of Great Britain (1908-1916). Helena's first cousin, the Hon. Grizelda Jane Grimond "lived for many years" with Tony Richardson (not that this stopped Tony from preferring men, of course), and Helena and Grizelda are second cousins of British actress Anna Chancellor.
Rebecca DeMornay is the daughter of formerly-famous rightwing TV-talker Wally George.
David Boreanaz is the son of longtime TV weatherman Dave Roberts, most famously of WPVI, the ABC station for Philadelphia. Roberts, who was with the station from 1976 until his 2009 retirement, was originally a morning show host; he assumed weather duties in 1983 when the incumbent "wacky" weatherman, Jim O'Brien, died in a skydiving accident. O'Brien's daughter is Peri Gilpin (Roz from "Frasier").
Now all somebody has to do is write a fic where Seeley Booth and Roz are rival weathercasters in Philadelphia and…
In 1954, Constance Ford joined the CBS soap, "Woman with a Past", replacing Lee Grant. Ford's on-screen daughter was played by Felice Camargo. Years later, in 1967, Ford joined Another World, where her on-screen daughter, Rachel, was originally played by Robin Strasser, but five years later Rachel was recast as Victoria Wyndham…who is the real-life sister of Felice Camargo.
- Some that are not really obscure, but here goes anyway:
Penny and Garry Marshall are siblings.
Character actors Jean and Rance Howard were the parents of Ron Howard, who is the father of Bryce Dallas Howard.
Katey Sagal is the elder sister of twin actresses Liz and Jean Sagal ("Double Trouble") and all three are the children of the late director Boris Sagal.
Kevin James and Gary Valentine are brothers.
- R22 Kevin Dobson was briefly cast as Mickey Horton on Days of Our Lives. I didn't even see it, and I can tell you it didn't work. Like Leah Remini and Tony Danza, his accent does not go away.
- R232 Olivia and Maryam D'Abo are cousins? I always thought they were sisters. Wow. The Patty Duke Show could happen in real life!
- Melissa McCarthy and Jenny McCarthy are cousins
- Patrick Wilson's father was/is a TV weatherman in the Tampa area
- Wasn't Kevin Dobson also on One Life to Live for a while?
- Ringo Starr's son Zak is now the drummer for The Who.
- Singer Carly Simon is an heir to the Simon-Schuster publishing empire.
- French singer Sylvie Vartan is the aunt of of French-American actor Michael Vartan.
Kimberly Stewart, daughter of Rod Stewart and Alana Hamilton has a daughter with actor Benicio del Toro.
British model and author Sophie Dahl, is the maternal granddaughter of children's author Roald Dahl and actress Patricia Neal.
Actor/director Danny Huston was married to actress Virginia Madsen, sister of actor Michael Madsen.
- Wow, this is a mess, pay attention.
Jean Michel Jarre, French composer and musician, son of famous film score composer Maurice Jarre was married to Charlotte Rampling. He later married French actress Anne Parillaud. Before Anne Parillaud, he had a short-lived relationship with Isabelle Adjani.
Anne Parillaud was married to director Luc Besson, who directed her in "Nikita".
Besson was briefly married to model/actress/ singer Milla Jovovich, Milla is now married to director Paul W. S. Anderson.
- Julian McMahon's father, Sir William McMahon, was the Prime Minister of Australia.
Daniel Day-Lewis's father Cecil was Britain's Poet Laurete.
Brook Shields grandfather was Francis X Shields snr, champion tennis player of the 1930s and 1940s. Brooke obviously got her looks and height from her dad and grandfather, who were 6'7 and 6'5 respectively.
- Al Roker is Lenny Kravtiz's cousin vie Lenny's late mom actress Roxie Roker
- Back in the 90s, Tupac Shakur's relationship with Kidada Jones, daughter Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton wasn't really known to the public until after Tupac's death.
- Milton Berl was the cousin of warren Berlinger and father of actor producer James Womack
- Jose Ferrer was married to Uta Hagen years before he married Rosemary Clooney, who is George Clooney's aunt, and the mother of Jose's son, actor, Miguel Ferrer.
- Ferrer was a dog. He cheated on Rosemary during their honeymoon, with a girlfriend he had staying in another room at the same hotel.
- Did Kidada Jones and Tupac have a kid? I don't know why, but I thought they did, R266.
- Jose Ferrer, Mel Ferrer .. who can keep those two studhosses straight?
- John Bennett Perry, a tv commerical actor of the 70's, is the father of Matthew.
The Harmon/Dawber/Nelson connection is unreal: Mark Harmon's sister Kelly (she used to do some breath mint commercial in the 80's) was married to that DeLorean guy before he married Christina Ferrare. Mark's sister Kris was married to Ricky Nelson, father of Tracy, who was married to Billy Moses, who used to be on Falcon Crest and is the brother of Rick Moses, who used to be on General Hospital.
- Emily Mortimer's father was John Mortimer, the British author who wrote the Rumpole of the Bailey mystery series as well as many other fine novels.
- B-movie actress Elyse Knox is Mark Harmon's mother.
- [quote]... son Rufus Wainwright and daughter Martha Wainwright are all singer-songwriters.
Hah! Only if you're deaf.
- R275 I want to like Rufus, I really do. I like some of his songs. But that [italic]voice[/italic]. A friend who never pays attention to such things asked me if I thought there was something wrong with the "Rufus Does Judy" disc, and what else could I say? No, that's his voice.
- [quote] Peter "Y&R" Bergman and Christine Ebersole also used to be married.
As was Bold and Beautiful's John McCook (Eric Forrester) and the late Juliet Prowse.
- Julian McMahon was married to Dannii Minogue, sister of Queen of the (Euro) Gays, Kylie Minogue.
- She's an Aussie, R278.
- Before Eva LaRue married and divorced John Callahan, she was married to John O'Hurley, best known as Elaine's boss Mr. Peterman on Seinfeld. LaRue is also the godmother of Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos's son Michael.
- Also regarding Seinfeld, Phil Morris who played the Johnny Cochran-esque lawyer Jackie Chiles, is the son of Mission Impossible's Greg Morris and nephew of SNL's Garrett Morris.
- I read years ago that David Duchovny is related to a Hollywood big shot, but I don't remember who?
Anyone on DL know? TIA.
- [quote]Eva LaRue
Any relation to Hedy?
- The Dana Wynter post reminded me that her Body Snatchers co-star Kevin McCarthy was married to soap actress Augusta Dabney (Isabel Alden, Loving) for many years.
Political commentator Eleanor Clift was the sister-in-law of Montgomery Clift.
- Kevin McCarthy was the brother of writer Mary McCarthy, who wrote "The Group."
Carly Simon is no longer an heir to Simon Schuster. Daddy sold off his business interest.
- The family of actresses Kate and Rooney Mara are the Maras that own the New York Giants football team. Their cousin is U.S. Rep. Tim Rooney (R-Florida). The actresses and the congressman are members of the Rooney family that own/owned the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The NFL disapproved of the Rooney family having gambling interests (jai lai, horse racing) as well as an NFL franchise. The Pittsburgh Rooneys kept the football team; the Florida and New York Rooneys got the horse racing and jai lai.
- Duchovny's stepmother is playwright Eve Ensler (THE VAGINA MONOLOGES)
- So Kate Mara and Rooney Mara are twice blessed since they have money on both sides of the family. Yes?
- R288, does that make Duchovny stepbrothers or half-brothers with Dylan McDermott?
- Italian actresses Pier Angeli and Marisa Pavan were twin sisters.
- Indeed! And very cute both they were:
- Chris Pine's father is 'Chips' actor Robert Pine and his maternal grandmother is actress Anne Gwynne,B-movie 'Scream Queen actress and 1940's pinup!
- R293, if the world were a fair place, or if there really were a god, my mouth is where Chris Pine would park his penis at night.
- I'm sure this is well-known among DL's readers, but Gypsy Rose Lee and June Havoc were sisters. And Gypsy had a child with director Otto Preminger.
- Cinematographer Haskell Wexler is Daryl Hannah's step-uncle.
- Doris Singleton (aka Carolyn/Lillian Appleby) from I Love Lucy was married to writer/producer Charles Isaacs, who wrote for early television (Dinah Shore Shore, Colgate Comedy Hours) and who later was a writer on sitcoms Alice and Harper Valley PTA.
- Spike Jones Jr., the son of comedic musician Spike Jones (NO relation to the director Spike Jonze) is the producer of a childrens nature show, "Animal Atlas".
Not really an obscure relationship per se, but all of these celebs first major exposure started during their stints working on MTV, as either VJs or MTV TV show hosts or participants in shows such as MTV's "Remote Control": Adam Sandler, Colin Quinn, Lisa Edelstein, Dennis Leary, Ken Ober, Kari Wuhrer, Jenny McCarthy, Tyreese Gibson, Jon Stewart, Carson Daly, Donal Logue, Moon Zappa, Dan Cortese, Daisy Fuentes, Vanessa Minnillo, Bill Bellamy, Tom Green and Mario Joyner.
- Moon Unit Zappa became famous for being part a novelty hit "Valley Girl" and her MTV hosting stint came years later when work was already slow for her.
- Novelist Barbara Cartland ("Permitted only two Barbara Cartland's a day!") was the step grandmother to Princess Diana.
Diana's father married Cartland's daughter at some point.
Yeah, I know it isn't Hollywood. Don't judge me!
- Suzanne Pleshette and John Pleshette (Knots Landing) were cousins. Suzanne was also step-mother of Francesca Poston, who originated the role of Donna on All My Children, later played by Candace Earley.
- The two terrible actresses who played the young college girls in "Four Seasons" with Carol Burnett and Alan Alda were the real life daughters of Alda.
I don't think they did anything else unless dad got them some extra work in some of his later films.
- R285, and Eleanor Clift's ex-husband (and Monty's brother), Brooks had a son with Kim Stanley, who at the time was married to actor Curt Conway. That son, Jamison, was raised by Conway as his own, but Jamison later took on Clift as his surname in adulthood.
- Jane Fonda is the daughter of Henry Fonda and the sister of Peter Fonda and the aunt of Bridget Fonda.
Bryce Howard is the daughter of Ron Howard.
Tori Spelling is the daughter of Aaron Spelling.
Oh, these are supposed to be obscure relationships. Never mind.
- Bo Derek's mother, Norma Bass, was a make-up artist and hairdresser to Ann-Margret.
- Matt Damon is a distant cousin of Jamie Lyn Bauer.
- not related but still an obscure relationship Patty Duke's son's nanny was Tuesday Weld's mother
- Chris Sarandon and Susan Sarandon were married; he later married Joanna Hall Gleason, daughter of Monty Hall and 1st wife of the late actor Paul Gleason.
Ann B. Davis is a third cousin of Nancy Davis Reagan, by marriage.
- Courtney Love is the granddaughter of author Paula Fox.
- Laurence Luckinbill is the uncle of Andy and Lana Wachowski. That would make Lucie Arnaz their aunt by marriage.
Matthew Perry's stepfather is Keith Morrison of Dateline.
- Rosie O'Donnell and Bridget Moynahan are cousins.
- Michael Learned's(The Walton's) son is married to Helen Reddy's daughter. Learned's ex-husband, Peter Donat, was Robert Donat's (Goodbye, Mr Chips) nephew.
- Mickey Rooney, Frank Sinatra, and Artie Shaw were all married to Ava Gardner. Frank's last wife, Barbara, was also married to Zeppo Marx from the Marx Brothers.
- Are Thad and Lawrence Luckinbill related?
- This was a shocker, as Elvis Costello and Sting were enemies for many years, Sting's son bassist Joe Sumner has joined Costello's touring band.
I guess Costello and Sting became friends when the reunited Police appeared on Costello's Sundance TV show "Spectacle".
Years ago, Sting was also mortal enemies with Bruce Springsteen, I guess because Sting thought for some odd reason that Springsteen was a Republican! Now they are the best of friends.
- [quote]Moon Unit Zappa became famous for being part a novelty hit "Valley Girl" and her MTV hosting stint came years later when work was already slow for her. Oh boo-hoo, excuse me R299 for getting that wrong.
Former MTV VJs Alison Stewart went on to work as a TV reporter for, IIRC, CNN and and Jancee Dunn is currently a magazine journalist.
Alexa Chung for some odd reason has become a style icon, Chris Hardwick now hosts a BBC America TV show and worked for G4$ for many years, Idalis DeLeon went on to act and was actually in a few episodes of 'Six Feet Under", Karyn Bryant (who was chubby, is now very slim) she hosts late night beauty infomercials, La La Vasquez is married to a very famous athlete Carmelo Anthony and Tim Sommer, Kurt Loder and Chris Connelly were already a well known music journalists before they were on MTV.
China Kantner the daughter of Paul Kantner and Grace Slick was also a VJ. Eric Palladino, who seemed to despiseDave Navarro and spent a lot of airtime trashing DN, went on to become an actor.
There are too many others to list, many have moved on to have steady work in other fields.
It's clear, for most of these people, MTV exposure was a stepping stone to other careers.
- [quote]Courtney Love is the granddaughter of author Paula Fox.
That's the one that really seems over-the-top to me.
- Michael Nader (Dynasty, AMC) is the nephew of '50s beefcake actor George Nader, who was gay and part of Rock Hudson's inner circle.
- I just read in some fashion magazine that nutzoid groupie Bebe Buell's mom is an upper crust etiquette writer!
Though the angle of the article mentioned the old woman being Liv Tyler's grandmother. There wasn't much emphasis on Bebe.
Bebe Buell came from money?!! She's always seemed like white trash to me.
- I once read that the illegitimate son of producer Jed Harris and Ruth Gordon was actor Larry Storch. Alas, it isn't true, but it seems like it could be!
- Larry Storch (F Troop) and Tony Curtis worked on the same submarine tender during WW2.
- Martin Scorcese was married to Isabella Rossellini from '79 to '82, so Ingrid Bergman was his Mother-in-law.
- Elizabeth Taylor's son, Michael Wilding Jr., is married to Jack Palance's daughter, Brooke.
- CNN and Inside Edition reporter Jim Moret is the son of actor/singer James Darren (Moondoggie!)
- Carly Simon lost her entire fortune in the Bernie Madoff scandal and now has to live year round in her summer house on Martha's Vineyard clipping coupons and waiting for her social security check.
- "waiting for her social security check"
Which, for her, is a pretty healthy amount of money every month.
- R326, their is a ceiling on social security checks of about $2,000/month. Most people get around $1,100
- Three's Company replacement Jenilee Harrison is married to Bruce Oppenheim, the former stepfather of sometime lesbian Clementine Ford, the daughter of Cybill Shepherd. Clementine formerly dated Linda Perry which basically links all of these people to every Hollywood lesbian ever.
- Boris Karloff's great-aunt was Anna Leonowens who was life was depicted in "Anna and the King" and the musical "The King and I".
- R329 now that's an obscure relationship
- Peter Lewis, the rhythm guitarist for Moby Grape, is Loretta Young's son.
- Tim Guinee is married to Horton Foote's daughter, Daisy Foote, making him Hallie Foote's brother in law.
- "Carly Simon lost her entire fortune in the Bernie Madoff scandal and now has to live year round in her summer house on Martha's Vineyard clipping coupons and waiting for her social security check."
That summer house on Martha's Vineyard is worth at least $1,000,000.00.
- Pat Buttram, who played Mr. Haney in the television series "Green Acres," was married to actress Sheila Ryan, who was Buttram's second wife.
Butttram was Ryan's third husband. Her second was western movie star Allan Lane, who later voiced Mr. Ed. Allan Lane was rumored to be gay. If so, Ryan only lasted a few months as a beard.
Allan Lane himself deserves his own thread. Having what Alan Young described as "the lovely actor's ego," Lane would get into fistfights (real) on the set during his Republic Pictures years. After Lane made trouble on one set during the 1940s, the director instructed Gene Roth to slug Lane for real. But Lane fell through a $100,000 back projection screen. Oh, well....
- Character actor Jessie White who became famous as the lonely Maytag repairman in a series of commercials a long time ago was the father of Carol Ita White aka Big Rosie Greenbaum on "Laverne and Shirley."
Phil Silvers, better known as Sgt Bilko from long ago, was the father of Cathy Silvers aka Jennie Piccalo on "Happy Days."
- I've been to Carly Simon's house on the vineyard. It's worth at least 5 million, maybe more. It's on a great deal of land. Not on the water, but so private it has it's own forest. Very laid back. Once saw Carly and Darryl Hall sing at a party in her pool house. You realize how magnificent their voices are when you hear them un produced. I believe she still has money. She wrote her songs, so still has the publishing. She also has a 2 million plus apt. in the village. Commerce St. I think.
- Kiefer Sutherland's grandfather, Tommy Douglas, was the provincial premier of Saskatchewan and head of the federal New Democratic Party in Canada. Douglas led the first popularly elected socialist government in North America and is considered by some to be the father of Canada's health care sstem
- Actress Donzaleigh Abernathy ("Any Day Now") is the daughter of civil rights leader Ralph Abernathy
- Celeste Holm's son, Ted Nelson, is a pioneer in information technology who coined the term "hyptertext"
Elaine Stritch is the niece of Cardinal Samuel Stritch, who was archbishop of Chicago.
- John Pugh ("One Day at a Time", "Jaws 3D) is Jean Stapleton's son.
Kate Burton who plays the vice-president on "Scandal" is Richard Burton's daughter.
Patrick Wilson and Scott Foley are brothers-in-law.
- R340 Putch, not Pugh.
- Bonnie Bedelia is Macauley Culkin's aunt. Her brother is his father.
Incidentally, they both made their feature film debuts in movies starring Burt Lancaster. The Gypsy Moths in 1969 for Bonnie and Rocket Gibraltar for Macaulay.
- Dick Contino, an ultra-talented accordianist, has a daughter, Mary, who won the title of Miss Nevada USA, 1977. She competed in the Miss USA contest, and looked like she would win. She later related that one of the judges was Greg Morris, of the tv series, Mission Impossible. Morris told her she would have had his vote but for her father, Dick.
She finished as the 1st runner up.
Dick Contino had been falsely accused of being a "draft dodger", and it damaged his career. He had to serve jail time for a few months. He later proudly served in the armed forces, and was honorably discharged as a Staff Sergeant.
- R343, Gregg Morris later died of alcoholism.
- [quote]Martin Scorcese was married to Isabella Rossellini from '79 to '82, so Ingrid Bergman was his Mother-in-law.
Isabella has bizarre taste in men, she was involved with David Lynch for years, rumor was, he used to beat her.
NYC's ABC news anchor Lori Stokes is the niece of Carl B. Stokes, he was Cleveland's 51st Mayor and America's First Black Mayor.
- For some interesting relationships, and family trees, check out the book, "Debrett Goes to Hollywood," by Charles Kidd.
- Mary Stuart Masterson and Horton Foote are cousins. Also, her father played Katharine Ross's husband in the original Stepford Wives film.
- Hermione Baddely, who played Mrs Naugatuck on Maude was the sister of Angela Baddely who played the cook Mrs Bridges on Upstairs, Downstairs
June Cross, a producer for Frontline, was the secret black stepdaughter of Larry Storch. Storch married a white woman named Norma Greve, who had had a daughter from a relationship with black entertainer Jimmy Cross. Cross became abusive, Greve left him and married Larry Storch whose career was up and coming. Fearing that Storch's career would be adversely affected if it was known his wife had had an illegitimate child with a black man, Greve sent her daughter June to live with a black family in Atlantic City.
- [quote] Fearing that Storch's career would be adversely affected if it was known his wife had had an illegitimate child with a black man, Greve sent her daughter June to live with a black family in Atlantic City.
What a shitty thing to do.
- Newscaster Pia Lindstrom's mother was Ingrid Bergman.
Francis Heflin, best known as Erica Kane's mother on All My Children, was the sister of Academy Award winning actor, Van Heflin.
- [quote]Rebecca DeMornay is the daughter of formerly-famous rightwing TV-talker Wally George.
She is also married to Patrick O'Neal, son of Ryan and Leigh Taylor-Young. At one time prior to her marriage was lover/muse to Leonard Cohen, and (supposedly) Tom Cruise her Risky Business co-star.
Courtney Cox was step-cousin to the famous Copeland brothers, via her stepfather: Stewart who was the drummer for The Police, Ian who was an agent, and Miles who founded IRS records. She had a romantic relationship with Miles, even though he was older and her step-relative, and followed him out to LA. He's the one who supposedly got her her first breaks out there.
Maeve Kinkead, who was on Guiding Light for years, is Meryl Streep's sister-in-law.
Dylan McDermott, not David Duchovny, is playwright Eve Ensler stepson. As previously mentioned Christian Bale is Gloria Steinem's stepson.
Not only is Courtney Love Paula Fox's biological grand-daughter, there's some controversy that she's related to Douglas Fairbanks via this relation. Think about that one.
Spencer Dryden the late drummer for the Jefferson Airplane was some kind of nephew or half-nephew to Charlie Chaplin.
Ringo Starr's late ex-wife Maureen later married the founder of the Hard Rock Cafe. His step daughter by Barbara Bach, Francesca Gregorini, used to live with Portia de Rossi in her pre-Ellen days.
The Rooney sisters, Mara and Kate, are not only NFL royalty as detailed in r287, their sister or cousin (can't recall which) has a love child, a son, with Kevin Costner.
- That should be the Mara sisters, Rooney and Kate, in the post above.
- Courtney Cox worked for the Copeland brothers. Their father was in the CIA. That's why their companies where called FBI for booking and IRS for records records. Stewart Copeland is still sexy as hell. Loved him in his little shorts in the Every Little Thing She Does is Magic video.
- Dawn Lyn, who played the little stepsister Dodie on TV's "My Three Sons", is the sister of 1970s heartthrob Leif Garrett.
Brian Forster (the second Chris Partridge of "The Partridge Family") was the step-grandson of Alan Napier, who played the butler Alfred in the 1960s campy "Batman" TV series.
- Tessa Ferrer, who plays intern Leah Murphy on Grey's Anatomy, is Debby Boone's daughter/Pat Boone's granddaughter. This season her character is having an affair with Arizona Robbins. I wonder if Mom & Gramps are watching?
Fun Fact: Debby Boone & her husband were in a couples prayer group that included DL faves Lisa Whelchel, Donna Summer & Charlene Tilton.
- Tessa Ferrer is also the granddaughter of Rosemary Clooney & Jose Ferrer, niece of Miguel Ferrer, and cousin of George Clooney.
- Speaking of the Clooneys, is it common knowledge that George used to be married to Martin Balsam's daughter Talia, who is now married to Mad Men's John Slattery?
- Get this, the late Jack Weston, who was born Jack Weinstein was the brother of porn legend Anthony Spinelli (born Samuel Wesintein. He had a brief legit career as an acotr in to 60's using the name Sam Weston.
- Gay porn star Jack Wrangler was the son of Bonanza producer John Stillman and former starlette Dolores Gray.
- I was never a starlet.
- John Stillman, aka Jack Wrangler was not Dolores Gray's son. But is John Stillman's son.
- Jack Wrangler just said Dolores was his mother to score some bussy back in the '60s.
If he were college-age today, he'd probably claim Christine Ebersole as his mother.
- Just saw this picture and thought of this thread. Were Michael Douglas and Cybill Shepherd a couple?
- Sophia Loren/Eduardo Ponti
- Dolores Hart, now a nun, was the niece of MGM tenor Mario Lanza.
- Rock star David Lee Roth is the offspring of actor jack elams left eye, you know,the whack out one and Lorne greens hair piece.
- The dudes not joking. Bruce jenners bad nose job ate the afterbirth
- Shimone Perez and Lauren Balcall=First Cousins.
Julian Mcmahon's father used to be Prime Minister of Australia.
Kay Ballard, first cousin of Dick Celeste, former Ohio Governor.
Michael Douglas is first cousin of Johnson pharmaceutical heirs. His mother's sister was married to old man Johnson.
Nancy Reagan, g-d daughter of the notorious silent film star Alla Nazimova.
- Vanna White from WHEEL OF FORYUNE is the niece of the late actor Christopher George.
Betty Grable's first marriage was to actor Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester on tv' THE ADDAMS FAMILY).
Odder yet is that Douglas also dated actress Brenda Vaccaro for some time. Of course this was before was heard gasping for breath as she touted the features & benefits of TAMPAX.
- The singer Donovan's daughter is Ione Skye.
- While it's true that Eve Ensler was Dylan McDermott's stepmother -- she married his father and later divorced him -- she also adopted Dylan when she was married, so she's still Dylan's mother. They maintain that relationship. Dylan was 15 when Eve adopted him. She was 23.
- Archibald MacLeish (the poet) was the uncle of Bruce Dern and great-uncle of Laura Dern.