- I want Chibs in me.. Deeply. Or me in him - either way! He's a sexy motherfucker. Damn. I don't usually get so hot for celebrities or TV characters, but I am terribly in lust with that guy.
I understand that Tara wants her kids out of Charming, but the way she is doing it is total bullshit.
- I watched the first few seasons - they were good. But, it just got to gimicky for me and I stopped watching.
The whole rape thing with the Katie Segal (forget her name on the show) was so over the top and stupid.
And law enforcement never seem to catch them doing ANYTHING. At least in the Sopranos, you saw the FBI actively trying to build a RICO case against Tony.
- I think Wendy is starting to feel a bit guilty. She may end up outing Tara and her lies.
Why is the way she's doing it bullshit ? At this point I think anything she does to save herself and the kids is A-OK with me.
- I hate Gemma so badly but Katey plays the role to the hilt.
I somehow think the gun Gemma gave Wendy will be used to bring her down somehow.
I really want Clay dead as well. Hate him so much.
Juice is not cut out for this life. I fear he will kill himself before all is said and done.
- I think Tara knows Wendy is weak and she has calculated that into her plans. I think this will play out until the end of the season where she escapes with the kids.
- Is it wrong of me to feel bad for Jax? Bitch mom, bitch wife, dead dad, shirty stepdad, conniving ex wife, the MC imploding, kids about to be whisked away..
- Oh, and Venus! Maybe it's just me, but IMO that part is Emmy worthy. He nails it. Beautifully and heart wrenchingly so. It's not a joke character, and I love the way she is treated with respect by the guys. And as it was mentioned on the other thread, how Tig digs her and it's not a big issue with the other guys.
- I did have empathy for Jax until this year.
He used to want to get SAMCRO out of the crime business like his father wanted. With Clay in prison I thought he'd be making changes.
Instead Jax is proving to be more like Clay than I ever thought. He set Tig up to be killed and that's a deal breaker for me. He's even become a cheater by fucking the top whore in town. The power has gone to his head.
- I love this show. How the hell has Katey Segal not gotten an Emmy?!
I could not believe Jax cheated on his wife after all she went through for him. I hope she and the kids get out of there.
- I have been a Tig freak from Episode One, but I am in total lust with August Marks. Just head to toe beautiful. And the voice is perfection. I do hope he sticks around.
Smits deserved an Emmy last year. I hope he gets another look for this season. Goggins, too. Venus is heartbreaking. And really, really pretty IMO.
- Anyone else dig Theo Rossi?
I love his character. I am so afraid Juice will kill himself before it's all over.
He's not cut out for this type of life.
- The actor that plays Chibs got that Black Dhalia/Joker scar, or a Glasgow smile, from a mugging. Aint that crazy!
- Yesterday, while watching [italic]Veronica Mars[/italic] reruns, I saw one with Theo Rossi. The high school had been receiving bomb threats, and an ATF agent was posing as a student to investigate. He tried to frame Rossi's character by planting evidence, and Veronica caught him at it. Rossi's character had been a bully in junior high, and one of his victims was behind the threats in an attempt at revenge.
- I love SOA. I think they should of had Jax kill Clay a couple of seasons ago. I'm rooting for Tara but I do like Gemma. She seems like she'd be a cool bitch to have as a friend. R12 Hell yeah!
- Jax has turned into a murdering thug pretty much like the rest of them. Anyone who gets involved with him usually ends up either dead or in gaol(poor Nero).
He needs to die along with most of them by the series end.
I only want Tig too survive and live happily ever after with Venus.
- Gemma knows she's been set up. I'm pulling for Tara, though. Love Venus!! He should be up for an Emmy.
- Just had a chance to watch Tuesday's episode. Very shocking-- when Jax blew Adreinne Barbeau's head off and when we finally saw Tara's plan go into action.
I love how these rough and tough men are so kind and nurturing to a transexual.
Pro Tara all the way. I'm just afraid Gemma will be dangerous now that she realizes she was set up.
- Lol, R18. So true. When she was being arrested, Gemma looked EXACTLY like Clay did last season after he was set up. Set up by Gemma and Jax.
- Here's the thing, though. Tara has learned from the master herself (Gemma). There is NO WAY Tara planned this whole thing without realizing Gemma would figure it out first thing.
- Peg Bundy should definitely win an Emmy for playing Gemma. She totally rocks!
- It's good they've included a transsexual character but they've never had a gay one.
- Shit is starting to unravel and hit the fan. I wish there were more SOA fans here.
- Wendy is definitely starting to unravel.
What's the deal with Nero's son?
- [quote]What's the deal with Nero's son?
They showed him last season visiting his son at a school for disabled kids. Maybe Lucius is autistic? I'm not sure they said.
- I used to be, R24, but then I found out it was based on King Lear with a cycle of 7 seasons. It just got too ugly and I didn't like the infighting.
- R27, we know. You've posted that on multiple threads. Now run off and watch something that won't harm your delicate sensibilities.
- R28, you're a bit psycho and stalkerish at best. Now you run off.
Back to the actual discussion, I just read that Walton Goggins played Venus and Adrienne Barbeau was his mother. Incredible casting. I guess it is too late to see Venus in action, though. Those episodes are done and gone.
- Third Act.
- I am so afraid for Tara and those kids. I want them out of this mess . Jax is becoming more like Clay since he assumed the power.
- [quote] [R28], you're a bit psycho and stalkerish at best. Now you run off.
Not R28, but I've seen you mention it several times as well. How is that stalkerish? Since we're following SOA threads, of course we're all going to see your SOA posts.
[quote]Back to the actual discussion,
But you stopped watching the show, so there's nothing to discuss with you.
[qiote] I just read that Walton Goggins played Venus and Adrienne Barbeau was his mother. Incredible casting. I guess it is too late to see Venus in action, though. Those episodes are done and gone.
It was great. Too bad you gave up and stopped watching the show. Then again, it may have been a bit much for you. It's probably for the best.
- So, the crazy girl with the pipe wrench - who will her mother turn out to have been?
- I want Juice to give somebody head before it's over. Charlie is the only white man I ever loved! What a HOT dude!! More Charlie nudity.
- RUN TARA, RUN!!
Ok, calm now. I'm wondering if getting Jax to come after her in the end was really her plan from day one. I hope so because she involved too many people she couldn't trust in this fiasco.
Ialso hope that Nero starts to see that Gemma is bad news. Getting involved with SAMCRO has not been good for him.
Some of these cable shows with shorter seasons fly by so fast.
- Best show on TV.
- Loved last night's episode.
Like R35 said, I think things are sinking in for Nero.
Tara and Gemma are more alike than they want to admit.
- i just want Nero far, far away from these people. I have a bad feeling it's going to end bad for him.
Last night's episode was great. Good acting by Smits, Segal and Hunnam. It's a pity the show will never get the emmy love it deserves. Walton Goggins should be a shoo-in for guest actor as Venus, he was terrific in that part.
- TemTara all the way. Sh to go underhanded in order to save her children but she'll be crushed for it.
Who do you guys think the teenager's mom is going to be ? That storyline just came out of nowhere.
I agree Nero needs to get away from Gemma.
Lord, I didn't realize how stoned I was last night until I looked at my question in the light of day.
- LOL R40. I just thought they were bad typos.
- Tara had to know this would be the way things rolled out. It was too flimsy - too easily discovered and unraveled. Of course, if that's what she wanted.....
- Who will Tara shoot? Herself, Gemma, Jax, the DA?
- [quote] Of course, if that's what she wanted.....
I don't think so.. not at all.
- I wish Tara would shoot Gemma. Gemma is such a cunt and Jax always takes her side.
I also wish Tara would tell Jax the truth about what Gemma did to his father.
I'm really afraid Tara may kill herself. She has been so abandoned.
- R45, I only started to watch the show two seasons ago, what info is Tara withholding from Jax and why?
Tara found out that Gemma and Clay offed his dad. His dad was wanting to take the club straight.
- [quote]I'm really afraid Tara may kill herself. She has been so abandoned.
That would be the next logical progression if they are sticking to the Hamlet formula, as Tara is their Ophelia in this version. I also noticed their use of the song "For a Dancer," which was written by Jackson Browne about his wife who committed suicide. That was Katey Sagal singing on that, btw, and she did a really nice job with it.
- Whoops, Jax pissed of CCH Pounder.
- Tara has an edge now,if she blows it or goes crawling back to Jax she's to stupid to live.
- Nero is too good to be true.
- I'm a little in love with Nero.. What do you think he has up his sleeve??
- Was anyone shocked about what happened to Clay? Even though he had it coming.
I was so glad Clay finally got what was coming to him. I wanted that bastard dead all of last season.
Sadly, I believe Jax is slowly turning into Clay.
- [quote]Was anyone shocked about what happened to Clay? Even though he had it coming.
I thought they would all get in on the action, firing squad style. What I really don't get is why they put their deal with the DA in jeopardy. Now what? So much for settling things so that they can "move on."
- So I'm guessing Juice is going to off himself or sacrifice himself for Jax and the club like Opie did.
- [quote]Was anyone shocked about what happened to Clay?
Also, I jumped when Jax shot Gaalen. I did NOT see that coming. That shit came out of left field.
[quote] What I really don't get is why they put their deal with the DA in jeopardy.
Same here. WTF? It seems they want it to look like the Irish are the ones who busted Clay out. Like Jax said, he delivered the Irish AND the guns (as he promised). But then Ms Patterson (CC Pounder) was a bitch about it, because they were dead. She wanted them alive. Now she's pissed. Again. She's determined to nail SAMCRO. So, yeah, R55, I have no idea why they put that deal in jeopardy.
And Tara, ugh. I know she has some fans here, but I can't stand the bitch.
- I can't stand Tara either. She lived with a violent biker what does she think he does all day, knit? And I love how she keeps talking about both boys being hers. She is not Abel's mother and I don't think ever adopted him so she can't take him away legally. And I am also in love with Chibs. Such a good show.
- R53 I wasn't shocked. I just thought to myself "it's about fucking time". Jax should of killed him a few seasons ago. I guess the writers kept Clay alive when the show was renewed. I hoped then that Opie would of shot him.
Any thoughts on how the thing with Wayne Unser being in love with Gemma is going to play out?
- I don't know about Gemma and Wayne. He is s nice guy and has bailed her out a bunch of times but she wouldn't want someone like that. Too normal. She only likes the bad boys. What do you think Juice is going to do? Something is up with him.
- Basically Gemma is a black widow,every man she loves dies whether she want's them to(John Teller)or doesn't want them to(Clay)so I'm guessing cancer guy is next because he professed his love to her.
- I think Juice is toast. The last episode was great.
- Season finale HOLY SHIT!!!
- Jesus Christ!
Tonight's finale was excellent. I even screamed in 2 places.
Gemma is the meanest cunt whoever drew breath. She has to be killed next year. I'm so afraid the character will never get her due because she's Sutter's wife.
- That's what I'm afraid of too R65 that Gemma is untouchable because she's Sutter's wife.
- [quote]Gemma is the meanest cunt whoever drew breath. She has to be killed next year. I'm so afraid the character will never get her due because she's Sutter's wife.
Next season is the last one, so it's not only possible, it's highly likely, since her character is based on Queen Gertrude.
- I'm so upset Tara was killed. I was crying and heartbroken for Jax. I liked Gemma up until this and its about time she gets hers.
- I wonder if Jax will end up killing Gemma when he finds out what really happened.
- Holy shit! I did NOT see that coming.
One of the best season finales ever
- Wow great heartbreaking finale.
I didn't know they were ending the series but I'm glad to hear it, I don't want it dragging on just because it's been successful.
- I have grown to hate Gemma over the last season and 1/2, and cannot wait until she gets hers. What a comedown from her depth and tortured, brittle brilliance in S2!
BUT. Juice? Juice? I want him to die a slow, painful death. He should have taken himself out on that fucking tree, but was just too damn incompetent to manage killing himself. Funny, considering how he is pretty fucking good at killing OTHER people who don't deserve death (by his hand, anyway).
Does he think killing Roosevelt and covering Gemma's involvement in Tara's murder buys him time (or yet another undeserved free pass) with the club?
Does he really believe being Gemma's bitch boy will save him? Gemma will use him then cast him into outer darkness when she's done with him.
Or is he deliberately trying to set Jax up for both Tara and Roosevelt, to "punish" Jax for calling him out as the Betrayer he is?
See, assholes like Juice are why I avoid getting close to weak people. Weak types like him are very, very dangerous when they feel cornered. There is NOTHING they won't do.
Nero better watch his back.
And I don't feel sorry for Jax. He brought most of this upon himself. His biggest mistake was letting Gemma get/stay all up in his business. She's a biker's old lady, FFS, not a Redwood Original; he should have put her in her place when they ousted Clay.
I cannot WAIT for that fine piece of ass Marks to whip Mayan [italic]culo[/italic] next season.
- Some questions...
What did it mean when Nero showed up at the sitdown? He had gotten out of the biz and with what's happened the last 2 weeks I find it mind-blowing that he would reenter the biz.
It's obvious the police will think Jax did the killing. What's going to happen? Will Gemma come forward or will Juice tell the truth?
- I think Gemma might come forward, she loves Jax and wouldn't make him take the fall for it. Juice is super fucked now and I wouldn't be surprised if Jax kills him once the truth comes to light.
- I think Jade will be off the hook. They will be able to tell the gun with his fingerprints is not the one that shot Tara and Eli so he won't have to go to prison. I don't know what Nero is up to except he is mad because Jax had Nero 's girlfriend killed. And Juice may kill himself. I don't know.
- R75 Nero's girlfriend was Gemma, not the single mom. Am I missing something?
- No Jax had Juice kill the mother of Nero 's messed up kid. He confessed last week when he almost overdosed at the brothel and Nero was helping him. That id why Narrow confronted Jax tonight.
- I've never read MacBeth,who in the play dies after Ophelia?
- I had no idea that Kurt Sutter and Katey Sagal were married until I read R65 . Until I watched the segment after the finale last night, I didn't know Otto was played by Sutter.
You've been living in a cave haven't you ?
- [quote] I don't know what Nero is up to except he is mad because Jax had Nero 's girlfriend killed
That wasn't his girlfriend. Remember the first episode of this season where the kid shot up the school with guns from SAMCRO? The kid's mother was the one Juice killed. Her boyfriend/husband on the show was played by Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction).
Juice has more lives than a cat. Last season I thought he was going to get killed every single week and he kept surviving. And this season too. Next season he dies. And he dies gruesomely
Jax doesn't know about Juice covering up for Gemma killing Tara (yet), so why did he tell Chibs not to trust Juice?
- [quote]Jax doesn't know about Juice covering up for Gemma killing Tara (yet), so why did he tell Chibs not to trust Juice?
I think because Juice told Nero that Jax ordered him to kill the school shooting kid's mother.
- Yeah he said "You betrayed me " and Juice looked like he had shit himself.
- I don't believe that was Nero's kid that did the shooting. The kid had blonde hair and Nero's kid had dark hair if I remember right.
- Nero's son did have very dark hair and, for the poster upthread, he had spina bifida.
Will Charlie Hunnam have a career after this? Am I the only one who doesn't think he's a very good actor?
- No, R85, you're not. His acting technique consists of shaking his head, flaring his nostrils, and bursting into a loud voice.
- Ha, R85. I agree with you. I like CH fine, but his acting skills should have grown significantly over these last six years. They have not.
And it isn't as though he hasn't amazing role models on-set to learn from. From an acting standpoint, Hunnam is the weakest link. Loads of charisma, though.
Hell, even David Labrava has become fairly accomplished over the years. And he isn't even an actor, really. I was shocked at the quality of his acting in the season finale, while Jax left me cold.
- You're kidding, right r78? This show is based on Hamlet, not Macbeth. And it's loosely based, so the parallels are not exact. Ophelia isn't killed by Gertrude, for one.
- [quote]I don't believe that was Nero's kid that did the shooting
No it wasn't Nero's kid. The kid's parents were played by Samaire Armstrong and Dave Navarro. Jax told Juice to murder the mother.
[quote] Will Charlie Hunnam have a career after this? Am I the only one who doesn't think he's a very good actor?
go on YouTube and watch him in scenes from Queer As Folk (UK edition). You will not believe it's the same person
- I think he's a fairly good actor, although I do notice his British accent coming through a lot more as the series progresses.
- Off topic, but could someone start another Walking Dead thread? The other one got to 601 posts and there hasn't been a new one started. TIA!
- Sorry I meant Hamlet.
- C.C.H. Pounder is one of the best additions to this show and that sit down scene between her and Jax during the finale was one of the best scenes ever. I love her! You better believe her character's coming after SAMCRO with all her might.
- I had mixed feelings about Tara's death. I always figured the show would end with Jax finally letting Tara go and allow her to leave Charming with their kids. That said, over the course of the season you could see the character was played out and there was no place left for her to go. Plus, while I thought she was right, her "I'm doing all this for my children routine just got old.
One of the things that this show hits you on the head with over and over again is that there is no "retirement" for these guys and it will make me sad to see Chibs, Tig and Bobby meet some bad end. As far as Gemma goes, I don't see her turning herself in (at least initially) though I'm sure she's in for a big dramatic comedown so Sutter can try to help her win that Emmy.
Personally, I like Charlie Hunman as an actor though he kind of reminds me of Tim Riggins/Taylor Kitsch in that he's very good in that specific role, but maybe not much of a range - but he's hot to look at so who cares!
- Charlie Hunnam's voice is fucking intoxicating. I could jack off to that voice alone.
- Why did Sutter decide to kill off the hunky police chief that was set up to be Jax's nemesis when the show first started? I don't think any character in this show is going to get a happy ending when it's all over.
- R96, are you talking about the 1st/2nd season - a guy named Hale? I always wondered that too since he was set up to be Jax/Opie's nemesis, but that never really went anywhere and he died without much fanfare. I can only assume that the actor went elsewhere/had other obligations and/or pissed off Sutter, thus he killed him off. Even worse, it raised the profile of his creepy brother (Mayor Hale) who is constantly in desperate need of a haircut.
- [quote] Why did Sutter decide to kill off the hunky police chief that was set up to be Jax's nemesis when the show first started? I don't think any character in this show is going to get a happy ending when it's all over
There isn't going to be any happy ending on Sons of Anarchy. The character who played the hunky police chief got a full time roll on The Mentalist
- I am binge watching SOA on Amazon. Each episode would only be about 15 minutes long if they took out all the hugging. Then take out the extended beat downs and shootings and there would be no show at all.
- No R98 not the black police chief Juice shot,I mean the buff white one that was in the show's first season. He was set up to be Jax's big rival on the show then they just offed him in the second season.
- Is CCH Pounder a man?
- I recently watched the first 5 seasons on Amazon Prime (6 isn't available free with PRIME yet).
I've enjoyed it so far, but you have to know where it's going since it's just Hamlet with bikers.
- Hey 102, I am watching it on Amazon prime also.
- Fucking BRUTAL first episode! Loved the creepy cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, and how it was used.
Shit is hitting the fan hard!!
- Fuck Gemma. Wow, just when I thought she couldn't get any worse. Unfuckingbelievable. And Jax believed her!
Great start to the last season.
- Opie was hot.
- R105: Karma is a total bitch. I think Gemma is going to have a very gruesome end, which she will richly deserve.
- The season premiere was off the chain. Jax is totally dead inside. Whatever goodness he had for Tara and the boys is totally gone.
I have wished death on Gemma ever since last season's finale. I didn't think that cunt could sink any farther but falsely blaming an innocent man takes the cake.
And her twisted rationale of why her actions (Tara) are acceptable is sick and beyond self-serving.
Poor Juice might as well kill himself.
The 9 minute ending with Jax killing that innocent man was beyond determined and brutal. I demand he do the same to Gemma. I have never wanted someone dead so much in my life.
Brilliant use of music at the start of the show and at the end of the show.
- R109: Agreed. I think Jax will find out the truth & kill Gemma in the series finale.
- Well said R109, as I agree 100%
- Kurt Sutter hinted that the ending would be brutal. I hope they don't kill Jax though, I love him. Sutter seems really into violence and shock value, so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies.
- Can someone pleas tell me when the hell season 6 will be on Netflix?
- Gemma killed her husband (Jax's Daddy). Will she kill her son too?
- Where the fuck are the SOA fans??!!
Last night's episode was great - things are really ramping up.
Why did Juice go back?
Was one of the guys Jax shot the son of the Selma Charter guy, Jury? Fuck.. Did Jax not know it was his son, or did he just not give a fuck? He has to know there will be blow back.
I'm actually enjoying this as much as (maybe more than) that Breaking Bad.
- R115, I don't think Jax knew that kid was his son. I think all this will eventually blow up in his face in the end.
I think Juice is just having a hard time cutting ties with his old environment.
I don't trust Unser at all, and neither should Juice.
Does anyone know what Jax was mad at Juice for prior to Tara's murder? I can't remember.
- R116, Juice overdosed on Oxycontin and almost dies, but Nero and Gemma save him. (Gemma sticks her fingers down his throat, to be exact)
In his condition, Juice finally reveals that he killed Nero's cousin's girlfriend Darvany...to a horrified Nero. "I'm sorry," he says. "I didn't want to do it. Jax said it was what I had to do. I'm sorry."
* * * *
Recap from a website:
"But Jax has an even bigger storm brewing. After an increasingly remorseful Juice (Theo Rossi) overdoses on Oxycontin at Diosa, Gemma (Katey Sagal) and Nero (Jimmy Smits) come to his aid. When Juice and Nero are left alone, however, Juice confesses in a drugged-out haze to killing Darvany (Samaire Armstrong), the junkie mother of the boy that shot up the school in the season premiere, on Jax's orders. Upon learning the news, Nero, who previously questioned Jax about Darvany's mysterious death, seems hell-bent on revenge. But when he learns of Tara's betrayal of Jax, Nero stifles his own rage and embraces Jax."
- I will only watch when Lea Michele shows up.
- I can't understand how the character of Gemma can live with all the shit she's been through (gang rape, etc) plus all the shit she's done (killing Tara, etc) and go on like nothing has happened. She's not human.
I think Jax will kill her and then maybe kill himself. That means Abel's real mother (Adrianna!!) would wind up raising the kids which is what Tara asked her to do anyway in case she died.
- I agree with you R119. I don't know how anyone could keep their shit together the way Gemma does and not be a total druggy or drunk. She is one tough woman. They don't show a soft side to her which makes me wonder if she is a psychopath maybe?
What I love about this show is that it always manages to surprise me and even shock me. No matter how much of a guys guy I am 99% of the time, by the end of an episode I'm hugging one of the couch cushions like I do when I watch horror movies. When Tara was killed I was actualy watching it through my fingers like my sisters use to do when we watched scarey movies when we were kids.
I am really going to miss this show.
- Did anyone get the idea that they were going to make Juice gay? Especially, after the failed episode with the hooker and the overdose. His character doesn't seem like he's into getting it on with a woman.
- Shit is going to hit the fan.. I think Jury knows Jax killed his son.
- I guess this show is "too straight" for DL.
- Theo -
- R124, I think he is going to prove his loyalty to the MC by sacrificing his life for them somehow. He'd rather die in the MC than live on without it..
- I think that Gemma's going to kill him - right now if she (rightly) thinks that he wants to get back into the MC, telling Jax the truth should be the quickest way. So Gemma's going to have to kill him, and Wendy's going to get mixed up in all that too.
- Theo has an incredible ass.
- Jax is going off the rails. He's killing everyone.
Just please let him kill Gemma. That is the meanest cunt bwho ever cunted.
- Maybe Jax will save Gemma for the last episode.
R127 is right. I think the season opener had him naked, doing push ups. Luscious ass.
- What do you all (all 3 of you) think the angle is of the new female sheriff? Is she playing it cool, but planning on taking the MC down? If I were her, I'd get a taste of that Scottish sausage first. Damn, the actor who plays Chibs is hot as fuck.
- [quote]I think the season opener had him naked, doing push ups. Luscious ass.
Here is s gif of that:
- R131, god, he has a gorgeous body. Damn.
- Loved the Tig/Venus kiss last night.
- Yeah, it really blows that there's not much discussion about this show.
Who sold the MC out to Lin?
What's up with Althea? Friend or foe to the MC?
What's going to happen to Juice?
Why were Gemma and Juice both putting silencers on their guns?
It warmed my heart to see Tig falling in love with tranvestite Venus. I loved their kiss ❤️ Walton Goggins is fucking fantastic in that role.
- If given the choice (in my dreams) I'm honestly not sure if I could choose between Chibs and Jax. Both smoking hot in different ways.
- I think Jury figured out that Jax shot his son, and he sold them out to Lin and ten Chinese as revenge.
- Oh shit R137, I think you could be right.
I thought Tig was going to die in the arms of Venus last night. Add me to the list of you who loved their tender moments. Big Venus fan.
Last night also had a great long shot of Theo's (Juice) ass. Damn, the ass on that man. Great smile too. But THAT ASS!!
- Gemma versus Juice. Game on.
- Great interview with Walton Goggins (Venus)
[bold] EW: What kind of moments have Venus and Tig shared off-screen, in your mind, since we last saw them together at the bus stop?[bold]
Goggins: I think she’s really seen Tig quite a bit. I think it has been glasses of wine—a chardonnay or a rosé in the afternoon, with his bike kind of coming up. I think they have talked at length about their childhoods and what their respective lives are like now. I think they’ve talked about politics. I think they’ve talked about everything that two people would talk about to further their intimacy and a friendship.
It was all there with the two scenes that Kurt [Sutter] had written. It was two people who had spent enough time together off-screen in order to get to a place where Tig would ask for Venus when he’s hurt and he needed to be comforted, and Venus would come and tell him what she tells him. It’s not a gender thing, it’s a heart thing. When we’re understood, regardless of who we’re understood by, we’re understood. There’s no replacing that. It’s outside of the confines of gender.
[bold]EW: We know Venus returns in episode 10. What can you say about that?[/bold]
Goggins: There is a conversation that happens that is as poetic and, I will start crying talking about it right now, as beautiful and as real as any conversation that I’ve ever read on paper between two people. What it will ultimately say about Tig, and who he is in the world, and how he deals with Venus and how she deals with him - I think you’re gonna see honesty and a vulnerability that is very rarely explored
- I love those two.
- Walton Goggins is a surprisingly hot chick.
- R143, I totally agree. These pics were posted in another thread.
- [quote]I am binge watching SOA on Amazon. Each episode would only be about 15 minutes long if they took out all the hugging.
That's kinda hot though..
- Walton Goggins is terrific as Venus, he should have a guest actor Emmy for that role.
I like Venus and Tig as a couple. And yes, Chibs is hot.
I just have a feeling we are going to have some painful losses this season...thanks to Gemma and her lies.
- Venus looks like an older version of Steven Tyler's daughter, Chelsea!
- I agree with everything you said R146.
R147, is that Goggins as Venus or Tyler's daughter? Seriously, I can't tell!!
- Here's my guess on the Chibs/cop thing; she's definitely playing him but I can't imagine (or at least hope) they'd recycle the whole Opie/entrapment thing again. I do think that crazy Jax is somehow going to get the idea that Chibs betrayed him via his cop girlfriend and kill him. Somehow because Chibs has always been devoted to Jax, I just think Jax will be the one to ultimately screw him over not some scheming cop.
It's funny how the face of the actor how plays Chibs looks like 10 miles of bad road (and its' not just the scars), yet he's incredibly handsome in a unique way.
[quote]I do think that crazy Jax is somehow going to get the idea that Chibs betrayed him via his cop girlfriend and kill him.
That would be awful, but seriously, knowing the way Sutter writes, anything is possible at this point. I'd hate to think after all of this, some bitch cop ends up blowing their alliance apart.
I agree about Chibs. My female friend is a small town TV reporter, and was lucky enough to interview him. She said he was ridiculously sexy and charming (no pun intended).. even moreso than Charlie Hunnam.
What do you think is going on with the Chinese? And what happened tony be Irish?
- I simply hate Gemma. Nero deserves better. Jax and the kids deserve better.
Tara isn't even cold in the grave yet (from her own hand) and Gemma's lining up that madam to be Jax's next bed buddy.
The show is really going full throttle this season but my only quibble is all these cameos. Marilyn Manson, Courtney Love, Lea Michelle. That is too much and unneeded.
- R152: You obviously didn't watch the most recent ep, re the madam.
I think Jax will kill Jimmy Smits, when it's found out he's the one behind at least some of the shit going on, like the grenade in the ice cream parlor.
And Jax will kill Gemma at the end of the series, when he finds out she killed Tara.
I did watch the recent epi. That's why I said Gemma was lining up the madam as Jax's next bed bunny. Gemma told the woman she'd "be good for Jax."
- Gemma learned a long time ago to control Jax through the women he's fucking - that's why Dr. Resting Bitchface was such a problem for her.
What bugs me about Juice right now is that he's only around as a plot thread - so he can tell either Wendy or Unser that Gemma was the one who killed Tara. Then either Unser or Juice gets killed and Wendy runs to Jax....there's really only a couple of very cliche ways this is going to play out.
But on the plus side, we're going to get to see Gemma die pretty soon.
- [quote]I think Jax will kill Jimmy Smits, when it's found out he's the one behind at least some of the shit going on, like the grenade in the ice cream parlor.
Wait - Nero sold the MC out to the Chinese? I thought it was Jury.
- [quote]I did watch the recent epi. That's why I said Gemma was lining up the madam as Jax's next bed bunny. Gemma told the woman she'd "be good for Jax."
She got gunned down in the last episode, or did you miss that? She's not "good for Jax" at this point..
- [quote]there's really only a couple of very cliche ways this is going to play out.
I hope not. Who knows, Gemma met get away with it.
Ok, I'm confused - did Jury sell out the MC to Linn or did Nero? I don't think it was Nero, he has way too much to lose.
- [quote]What I love about this show is that it always manages to surprise me and even shock me. No matter how much of a guys guy I am 99% of the time, by the end of an episode I'm hugging one of the couch cushions like I do when I watch horror movies. When Tara was killed I was actualy watching it through my fingers like my sisters use to do when we watched scarey movies when we were kids. I am really going to miss this show.
Same here. I love shows that have a great arc and know when to stop, as opposed to going on and on and on. This and Breaking bad are great examples.
- If this show ends up with Gemma running away with the kids and everyone else dead, I will call it well worth it.
- R150 Your friend was so lucky to interview Chibs. In real life he was attacked after DJing a gig in Scotland, hence the Glasgow smile and facial scars. I thought those were for the show.
R149 Anything goes with how Sutter writes, but given that Chibs has been team Jax through and through, I do think something bad is going to happen to him.
R158 I thought Jury sold out the MC.
- [quote]This and Breaking bad are great examples.
I hope Ray Donovan does the same thing.
- Wow R147, I thought it WAS Venus! Are you sure that's Tyler's daughter? Or are you saying that pic of Venus looks like Tyler's daughter?
- Gemma is insufferable this season, but I think that's part of the point. She's sort of like Walter White in the final season in which you knew he was due for a major comeuppance which I think is coming for Gemma.
As far as the cameos go, I actually didn't think Marilyn Manson was bad. Granted, I have no first hand experience with nazi types, but I thought he had a decidedly creepy presence and he played off Charlie Hunnam pretty well. Courtney Love, she just looks ghastly, especially compared to Katey Sagal, but I guess at this point she's a just walking warning about using drugs.
As far as Juice goes, at this point I wish they'd just get on with it. I think they'll kill him in the next episode or two, but I'm tired of him moping around. I do think it's funny how Wendy spends more time babysitting his needy ass than watching the kids!
- Holy Hell! What an episode!
Everything is a cluster fuck and it all leads back to Gemma.
All those dead girls died because that cunt lied about who killed Tara. One of SAMCRO died guarding the heroin because she lied.
Does the cunt even register that her actions alone set this shit in motion ?
I have wanted Jax to kill Gemma but right now I'll accept Juice doing it. I don't know why I was so shocked she was going to murder Juice. The cunt is beyond horrid.
And those poor kids. Abel is already turning to violence. Tara must be spinning in her grave.
- Three cunts for one post? Did Gemma shit in your mouth or something?
- R166, are you five years old?
- I love Chibs and his middle aged belly. He's so fucking sexy. It was nice to see him shirtless.
- I'm a bit baffled by this seemingly immediate closeness between Chibs and Althea. It feels like maybe they knew each other previously; even the way she calls him "Scotty," a term of endearment one would usually reserve for an old friend.
I agree with the poster above who said this relationship could make him very vulnerable with the club as far as any suspicion of being a rat or a mole for the cops, especially now that we know Juice is out there spilling the beans about club secrets and Unser is working on both sides of the fence, too.
- Tig is gay?
Let's be honest,besides the penis,Venus have a manly face.
- GEMMA RULES!!!!!!
- I think Tig is bi. I wish they'd show more of Venus. It was weird - last week, he was practically at death's door and this week they didn't mention anything.
I think Unser may end up bringing it all down on them.
R165 I agree.
PS: That kid who plays Abel is one of the worst kid actors EVER! Wow. Cringe worthy.
- R167, are you lost babe? Oh god you're one of those twats whose gay buddy you fold sheets with at the Motel 6 told you about DL and now you think you're one of us.
- I could never be an outlaw biker gang because apparently you never get sick days, even when you've been shot in the gut!
I read some funny comments this morning about this week's SOA episode on how Abel should meet Mr. Mayhem because of his terrible acting and they should left him in Ireland.
- R173, I'm not R167, but based on your posts, you *do* sound five years old. Being bitchy in a clever way is one thing, but [italic]"Did Gemma shit in your mouth" [/italic]and [italic]"you're one of those twats whose gay buddy you fold sheets with at the Motel 6 told you about DL and now you think you're one of us"[/italic] is, well.. pathetic.
- - During the scene where the members of SOA and Charles Barosky (the corrupt docks police chief) go to the pawn shop to interrogate the police officer who was suppose to be watching the storage unit where they were storing the stolen guns from the Chinese, it occurred to me during the interrogation of the store owner Barosky seemed to be getting nervous about what the cop was saying. That's when it struck me that maybe Barosky was the one who had sent that anonymous text message to the cop who was suppose to be keeping an eye on the warehouse.
It would make sense as to why Barosky shot him in the head before the Sons were able to start interrogating him. I feel like after this weeks episode that Barosky may be one of the end show villains who step up to blind side and betray SAMCRO, what do you guys think about that scene?
- I think Jury probably told the Chinese and Barosky somehow found out, then gambled on Lin getting to Jax first - and realized he backed the wrong horse and killed that cop to keep him from letting too much slip ;)
- On the "next week" teaser, we see Juice talking to Alvarez, offering to trade intel. But what does he know? He has been out of the loop since Jax went to prison at the beginning of this season. He is pretty much the only person who figured out Gemma is a liar. I suspect that Nero is figuring that out as well.
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious by now, right? Juice from two promos now tells Alvarez that he will tell him all dirt on the club. Alvarez definitely kills Juice and keeps this information to himself. This lines up perfectly with last episode with Lin hearing Jax tell him that Lin ordered his on his wife, when he never did. Alvarez definitely going to know about this. I think he will tell Jax around episode 10-11, maybe before Jax kills him, that Tara really died from his mother and that his family is dying around him.
Even if that doesn't happen, I'm 100% sure Jax finds out through Alvarez.
Unser knows the truth about all of it, I think he might be the one who tells Jax, but maybe not, the whole "in love with Gemma" BS.
And maybe Marilyn Manson is going to off Lin in prison.
- [quote]During the scene where the members of SOA and Charles Barosky (the corrupt docks police chief) go to the pawn shop to interrogate the police officer who was suppose to be watching the storage unit where they were storing the stolen guns from the Chinese, it occurred to me during the interrogation of the store owner Barosky seemed to be getting nervous about what the cop was saying.
Agree. I don't have any specific theory as to the why of it, but I definitely got the impression Barosky shot the guy to keep him quiet.
As for Abel, how cool would it be if he took that hammer and whacked Gramma Gemma over the head with it? What goes around, comes around, and all that.
- [quote]As for Abel, how cool would it be if he took that hammer and whacked Gramma Gemma over the head with it?
Ha! Yes! I actually said that to my partner when we were watching that scene.
- Question: Why would Jax believe anyone who would tell him that his own mother killed Tara?
- See, I think Barosky is supposed to look like the obvious guy that betrayed them and possibly Jury, but if you remember, Lin said that Samcro hit his massage parlors and Jury certainly wouldn't have know about that (though I'm not sure about Charlie). I think the person who betrayed them is...dun dun dun..T.O. of the Grim Bastards! He acted awful shifty after they "accidently" killed the preacher which makes me think he's up to something.
Not sure what will happen to Juice, though at this point I wish they'd just get on with it. He's always been such a dunce I have to think that he will somehow "save" Samcro before he dies (maybe confess to giving the school shooting kid from Season 6 the gun, assuming anyone even cares about that anymore). Whatever the case, selling himself out to Alvarez certainly means lights out for him.
- Thanks R175. I'm sure you often tell total strangers how to live their lives, which is why you're so welcome in so many homes.
- Chill the fuck out R183. The posters up thread are right, and you're just proving it with each new comment you make.
Unser doesn't know Gemma killed Tara
- R184, go fist your momma, cunt.
- Who was the woman Unser visited in the hospital. What info does she know ?
I am completely lost about who she is. She was referenced earlier in the episode by Chibs and the Sheriff.
- The woman is the police officer who survived and witnessed that shootout when Jax and his guys met with those Nazi assholes who are associated with Marilyn Manson character. It happened 2 episodes ago. The other black police man was killed, she was injured.
- I'll be curious to see where the Elgee (wounded female police officer) story goes; it's only episode 7, so I doubt she's going to blurt out "Chibs and Jax were there" as they are marched off to death row for being part of a cop killing. In the clips for next week, Unser says something to Jax like "promise you won't hurt her" but I bet he's talking about Elgee, not Gemma. I think he's officially done with Gemma.
That said, now that Unser is on Gemma's bad side, I bet her discussion with Jarry this week results in Unser being arrested for working behind the cop's back, hiding Juice and covering up the death of the hotel maintenance guy. That way, she makes sure Unser loses whatever little credibility he had left and can't act against her.
Also, I think instead of killing him outright, the club puts Juice on some kind of suicide mission and lets him go out a member. He's just dumb enough for something that like that, so it will be interesting to see what they'll have him do.
- I feel like this season has been moving pretty slow. There's still a lot of stuff that needs to be hashed out. Abel looks like he has dead eyes, I guess being raised by whores would do that.
I couldn't disagree more. I think this season is like a runaway freight train. Everything is moving and shaping up for whatever huge finale Sutter has up his sleeve.
Jax is practically off the rails due to his desire for vengeance.The club is 100% behind Jax even though they know he's on a revenge streak. Gemma's talking to dead people. Nero's is slowly buying a clue. Juice is a dead man walking. Unser is definitely drawing a line in the sand.
All I want for the finale is for Jax to know Gemma killed Tara and I want him to kill her in the most heinous way possible.
- As much as I enjoy Theo Rossi's portrayal of Juice, the character has lived past his expiration date. I don't see Jax or Gemma making out of this season alive. After spending seasons of keeping Wendy away from the kids, she is going to be the one raising them in the end.
- IN the issue of EW that spotlighted SOA, they dropped a hint to keep an eye on Jax's son at school. Given the hammer incident 2 weeks ago, I guess we are in for some kind of shocker involving the kid. Just my guess, I think Gemma is going to end up in the looney bin, she certainly can't shake her guilt over killing Tara.
- Gosh, you need a diagram to keep up with all the plots.
Why did August's security guys go after one of the Son's and take out his eye? Didn't the Sons tell the Junkie mom and her son that August's guys killed some black guy, but it was the Son's who killed'em?
Who was put in Juice's cell at the end and who did he say he was a friend of? Didn't quite catch it.
- Not Bobby!
If Gemma doesn't bite it soon I am going to lose my shit.
Not only does she deserve it for murderering Tara (Note to Gemma: It was no "accident") but Gemma's lie about the Chinese has theoretically set this whole thing in motion.
August Marks's crew retaliated because Jax has set up alignments with the Mayans, the other black MC, and the Aryan Brotherhood to take over Marks' business.
The man who came into Juice's cell said he was with Tully. Tully is played by Marilyn Manson and is the head of the Aryan Brotherhood.
I guess they put Juice in jail so he can kill the head of the Chinese.
Abel is going to go psycho at age 5. He may be the one to take Gemma out.
- The EW article said that there would be a major character death in episode 9 so given that he wasn't in the pictures with his eye patch, I'm guessing that's Bobby. It's only episode #7 so I hope it's not a weekly dissection of Bobby until #9. My guess (and my previous predictions have been wrong) is that Jax mishandles the situation, gets Bobby killed, and the others start to turn against him.
That said, from a story perspective it was never clear to me why they picked a fight with Marks in the first place other than he told Jax to hold off on retaliating on the Chinese. I guess it's a reason, but doesn't seem much of one to provoke a guy that burned someone alive.
At this point, as for the "who tells Jax" sweepstakes, my money is on:
- Tully's guy tortures Juice in prison (they said Juice is the new Job) and he tells what happened to Tara, so Tully tells Jax
- Gemma loses her shit and finally confesses outright to Jax
And in a distant 3rd, creepy Abel though I think he will just continue to wreak havoc at school and hopefully kill Courtney Love in the process (best thing for her really...)
- [quote] I guess it's a reason, but doesn't seem much of one to provoke a guy that burned someone alive.
That was Pope, wasn't it? Didn't he kill Tig's daughter that way?
- [quote]August Marks's crew retaliated because Jax has set up alignments with the Mayans, the other black MC, and the Aryan Brotherhood to take over Marks' business.
How did Marks find out?
- R198, yes it was Pope that burned her but Marks orchestrated the whole thing and shot the one-niner point blank in the head so I'm not sure why Jax was under the impression the guy was some kind of pussy. I guess he knows better now..
R199, my theory is that its one of the Grim Bastards that's betraying them, but whoever this person went to Lin (and told him about attacking his massage parlors) AND Marks about the plot against him, so hes one very busy rat. I think that's another thing that will tear apart the club - finding the rat that keeps undermining them.
- Orthodox Jew porn!!!
- [quote]Orthodox Jew porn!!!
- Not at all, R202. Did you catch the last episode?
- Go down, Moses, my bush is burning!
- What if the series ends and Jax never finds out the truth?
- r205, that could be a disappointing possibility. Since Abel overheard Gemma talking to baby Tommy about her role in Tara's death, I think he will find out. It looks like from next weeks preview that Jury (?) will tell him about John Teller's death and I presume Gemma's role in it.
Do you think Marks keeps Bobby to take body parts from to get Jax to do his bidding?
- [quote]Jury (?) will tell him about John Teller's death and I presume Gemma's role in it.
And what about Jury telling Jax that he sold Jax and the MC out to the Chinese??!
[quote]Do you think Marks keeps Bobby to take body parts from to get Jax to do his bidding?
- I think the clip is deceiving in that it's likely Jury doesn't really know what happened (particularly about Gemma's involvement); I'm guessing it's more likely a lecture from Jury to Jax about how his dad was a good man while Jax is a complete lying asshole at this point.
I certainly hope Bobby dismemberment doesn't go on. That really will cause me to stop watching.
- A guy talks about how he couldn’t help but check Charlie Hunnam’s penis out while peeing right next to him. From what he says, I guess those 8 inches Charlie talked about were pretty accurate!
- Gemma sure was scared to go to the cabin in last week's episode. I hope NERO and his son can move to that farm. Leave Gemma in CHARMING! I love this show!
- more please
- Season 6 is on Netflix now.
- Damn Comcast! They have all the seasons ON DEMAND, but you have to buy or rent them. The vast majority of TV shows ON DEMAND are free to watch.
- CHIBS IS THE RAT!!!
He's an undercover cop. I'm fucking heartbroken.
- Just my opinion, btw.
What do you think this tweet by Sutter means?
[italic]@TommyFlanagan will break your heart this season. So blessed to have this talented Scot in my fold. [/italic]
- Finally season six is on Netflix, I binged all weekend and finished it. I watched the entire season. I have season seven recording on the DVR. I am still amazed at how six ended. I can't read this thread till I'm caught up, dont want anything spoiled, but thought I'd chime in! Some of the best tv ever, along with breaking bad.
- R216, hurry up and catch up with season 7, so you can join us!
- I think Chucky is the rat. He has ties to the Lin Triad, and after that conversation with Gemma about how even though everyone thinks he's a joke, she can tell him things, he's a good listener. Sounds like Chucky listens a lot.
- R218, good call! Very possible.
- If Jax doesn't get to viciously murder Gemma I will be furious.
Not only did she murder Tara but her lie about Lin has set this entire disaster into motion. If Bobbie dies she will be culpable. She's responsible for everything.
All I want is for Jax to know about Tara and that Gemma and Clay killed his father. Then I want him to torture that cunt for 55 minutes and then kill her right at the last second.
- By the way, Happy Halloween bitches!
- It’s a bit of a tinfoil hat theory re: Chucky, but - SAMCRO remains fixated on finding “the rat” who sold the club out to Lin. Based on their conversation at the table, they already think Jury has turned on them, but that there’s another rat in play. What if it’s Chucky?
“You know you can talk to me,” he tells Gemma during the episode. “I know I’m some kind of mascot, and the guys think I’m a joke and stuff, but I’m a good listener.”
That line really sticks out, if you’re looking at Chucky as though he’s a traitor. Not to mention Chucky’s history working with the Lin Triad; he used to be their bookkeeper before SAMCRO scooped him up. Granted, Lin chopped off most of Chucky’s fingers, so it’s hard to imagine what would sway Chucky back into Lin’s pocket. but is it completely out of the realm of possibility?
Chucky has history with Lin, he has inside access to virtually all things SAMCRO, and no one suspects him because he’s “a joke.” So -- What if it IS Chucky who has the last laugh?
- That would be a mind blower R222.
- Anyone else dig Nero in his wifebeaters?
- Nero is very sexy, R224. I love that he's a big and tall man. I love to hate Gemma and hope she gets hers soon.
- Gawd, click this link
- Does anyone else think the kisses between Emma and Jax are mildly incestuous, especially on Gemma's part. I've never seen a mother and her grown son kiss so much
- Gemma's too close relationship with Jax was always a topic. I mean they even adress that in one of the past episodes. She wants to control his life and is extremely jealous of any woman he is interested in especially Tara because she was the one Jax chose over everyone. Gemma even saw her grandchildren as her children.
- Jimmy Smitts is just fantastic in this. He brings such a gravitas to the role.
Nero is world weary but looking for a new life. He's decent at his core. He better not die.
- Damn, R226 . I just want to live in his armpits. So fucking hot.
- R226, Wow. I haven't seen most of those. Whew. And yeah, what R230 said.
I usually don't go for blondes, and to be honest the most fuckable one is Chibs (my personal preference).. However, those pics at R226.. Wow.
- Realistically, I don't think it's Chucky. He isn't privy to the kind of info that's been leaked. Given all the recent love for Chucky, I expect him to die in some bad way. I think it's one of the Grim Bastards - probably Theo Grim Bastard. I mean why give the guy a role and give him no lines and nothing to do? TO keeps talking about how desperate the GB are - I bet Marks bought them out to be his "inside" guys.
Ugh, I just hope tonight isn't more Bobby torture. Yes, they did kill that poor Asian guy in episode 1, but considering the sick shit that people like ISIS are doing in the real world, I don't want to watch that shit on TV to a character that I like. To me, losing the eye is sort of like "revenge of Otto" and is justified in the SOA world, but it should stop there.
- I'm just glad to see Mathew St. Patrick back on my tv screen, even if he's playing an eye-gouging goon. Looking good, Keith.
- OH SHIT!
- I'm confused.
What info is Matthew St. Patrick trying to get out of Bobby ?
He said he'd cut off another body part until Bobby tells him.
- I love this show, but does anyone else feel like it tries to hard to be ultra violent and push the envelope? The brutal deaths, the child porn, and school shooting stuff seems just so OTT to be fit into one show.
- Unser better not be too helpful.
- This seems like it's all gonna end up with SAMCRO having to take out Jax for the consequences of all his fuck ups.
- Am I the only one who suspects Abel killed the birds? I also think Abel takes out Gemma in the end, genius dramatic ending, but hate that it was foreshadowed this early if it turns out that way.
- Yes, you're the only one.
- That was chilling when GEMMA asked Abel if he understood what an accident was, and he replied, do you?
- I didn't realize until tonight's episode that Abel's teacher is Courtney Love.
- Barosky is the rat that's why he set the other cop up and killed him before he could start speaking about what happened fully.
- Spoiler Ahead:
Gemma doesn't die.
- Why would Barosky set up SAMCRO?
- R243, I believe that's been discussed already.
Oh and please don't be a cunt if you actually know spoilers.
- R236, the critics seem to agree with you, especially after the latest episode. They seem to think the violence is extremely gratutious as it all results from Jax's mistaken attempts to avenge Tara. Shooting Jury was the final step in Jax's demise as a human being. Bobby's torture also falls directly on Jax. There seems to be very little plot line between the violence. I think Jax will die and Gemma will be left to raise the little psychopath in training, Abel. We will be left to speculate about what Abel might do to Gemma in the future.
- R243 doesn't know any spoilers. The cast, crew, directors, writers, lips are locked tighter than JANE THE VIRGIN's legs.
- [quote]This seems like it's all gonna end up with SAMCRO having to take out Jax for the consequences of all his fuck ups.
As I was watching last night, right after Jury's killing, I think, I remarked that the crew needs to stage a mutiny. Jax is truly out of control and not even thinking straight, he's way too emotional and knee-jerk. Chibs isn't helping matters very much, either, by being his enabler. He needs to take it to the table and ask that Jax sit things out for a while and let cooler heads prevail.
[quote]Am I the only one who suspects Abel killed the birds? I also think Abel takes out Gemma in the end, genius dramatic ending, but hate that it was foreshadowed this early if it turns out that way.
I thought it might be Abel until I saw the writing on the wall that said "No Son is safe." It was written in crayon, but looked like adult handwriting. I am wondering about the babysitter, though. We already know she's damaged goods and this might be her twisted way of amping things up to try and get her bf Ratboy upset enough to quit the club. She's probably scared shitless after the bloodbath at Diosa and everything else going on around her and just wants out.
- [quote][R243] doesn't know any spoilers. The cast, crew, directors, writers, lips are locked tighter than JANE THE VIRGIN's legs.
- R249 The writing threw me off on my Abel theory because of the handwriting. But maybe they were not done by the same people. Was there a sign of forced entry?
The decapitated birds put in Gemma's bed screams more Abel, clearly biding his time like a little psychopath both Gemma & Jax (unintentionally) molded. He knows how much she loves those birds and it was something she loved that he could take away from her like she did with Tara.
I don't see how rival gang would know how much she loved those birds and then hide them in her bed, she is just an "old lady"after all. Do the Chinese know she is potential witness? The writing makes sense on their end, instill fear that the club and Thomas & Abel in danger.
- R235, Jax tried to frame Marks with the murder of the pantyhose preacher when he dumped the body on Marks' construction site & had the mother/son sign a letter that Marks killed the preacher. Marks' guy wants Bobby to tell them where the mother/son (and the preacher's body, which Jax eventually told them) are so he can kill them.
This season turned out as I feared in that it's just a violent, self-indulgent mess and no longer an interesting story, however, I blame Game of Thrones for upping the violence and cruelty on cable series. Now everyone has upped the level of violence so now we have flaying, dismemberment and all kinds of other stuff that used to be out of bounds.
Anywhoo, I don't think Brooke wrote on the wall - I still think the Grim Bastards are behind it - but I think it will have the effect that they all start to turn on one another. In particular, I could see Gemma going nuts on Brooke, particularly because she feels guilty that her mom died in an accident caused by Gemma.
- Screw you R250. WTF?
- R252, who is Brooke's mom?
- The girt couple seasons were pretty damn violent.
- R254, Brooke's mom got caught up in the accident that killed John Teller and in some weak episode in season 6 she attacked Tig's motorcycle because she read about the involvement of an SOA member in her mom's death, but Jax ultimately ended up befriending her (I guess cause killing her wasn't an option)...AND her mother may or may not be the magic homeless lady that keeps popping up!
- I'm back. No Gemma does not die and I'm not full of shit.
- Kurt at R243: How's the appendix?
- I'd be curious as to how you know that R243/257, but I'm not surprised that Gemma doesn't die as life as a pariah without friends, family or the club would probably be the biggest punishment for her.
- [quote]What do you think this tweet by Sutter means? "@TommyFlanagan will break your heart this season. So blessed to have this talented Scot in my fold."
Maybe Jax finally goes too far--they give him a mayhem vote and Chibs has to do the deed since he's the next highest ranking. All that "I love you" stuff seemed to set the stage for something tragic or bitterly ironic to come. I can envision something like Chibs snapping Jacky-boy's neck (after many words of affection and a "This is gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you" speech to which Jax is all "It's OK, you gotta do what you gotta do, and, besides, I'm sick of all this shit and Tara and Opie are waitin' for me on the other side") and then collapsing into uncontrollable sobbing and wailing. Sad Celtic music plays...fade to black.:)
- Hmm, you're right R260 - that does sound like "Hamlet & Cheese" - here's my theory: Chibs has always been devoted to Jax but at some point, he's going to be forced to choose between the club and the sheriff. He'll choose the sheriff, but it will get him killed - maybe even by club or just Jax....then cue the sad celtic music..
- Kurt at R250, thanks!
- I think Nero had the birds and stuffed frog killed so Gemma and the boys would definitely come with him. He's over Jax.
- Interesting theory, R263.
- Jax is going to die - Gemma's going to jail. Sutter said many times he can't kill his wife, and Katie seems to think the show is about her and not a motorcycle gang. It's the show's idea of justice - Jax gets "saved" by the club and Gemma gets to rot in jail as an old lady knowing her grandkids are being raised by Wendy and she will never see them again.
- I agree with what R265 said. It would be worse for Gemma to stay alive and live without her son and grandsons.. And live with the knowledge she caused so much suffering for others.
What's the photo at R250 about? A new garage, rebuilt and named after Jax?
- R266, you are right that Gemma would be miserable in jail but I don't think she is insightful enough to agonize over her role in the devastation. She will only see herself as a victim. I think Sutter will try to give an ending that he thinks will make Sagal worthy of an Emmy. Does anyone else think we might see Nero and Wendy raising the kids?
- If Sutter is following the story line of “Hamlet,” then we know things aren’t looking good for our protagonist. But then again, Sutter never promised “Sons of Anarchy” would have a happy ending. “Hamlet” is a tale of revenge. Hamlet (Jax) is the son of a recently deceased king of Denmark (John Teller) and nephew of Claudius (Clay). Claudius, the king’s successor, ends up marrying the king’s widow, his sister-in-law Gertrude (Gemma).
But just because King Hamlet is dead doesn’t mean he’s gone. Hamlet’s friends, Horatio (Opie) and Marcellus, spot King Hamlet’s ghost wandering around. They tell the prince that an apparition of his father is haunting the castle. When Hamlet sees the ghost of his father for himself (which in the case of “SoA” would be John Teller’s letters) he learns that Claudius had murdered the king by pouring “juice of cursed hebenon” in his ear.
The dead king demands that his son avenge his death, but Hamlet is unsure whether or not the ghost is telling the truth. That’s when he decided to find out for himself by having actors re-enact the death of his father all while watching Claudius’ reaction. Hamlet witnesses the guilt eat away at his uncle and makes it his mission to avenge his father’s demise. But Claudius ends up banishing Hamlet to England and then blames the death of Polonius and Ophelia’s (Tara) madness on his nephew.
When Polonius’ son, Laertes, arrives back from France he is convinced that Hamlet has been the cause of all the destruction. Claudius persuades Laertes to fight Hamlet with a poisonous weapon. Laertes ends up piercing Hamlet with the poison-tipped sword but wounds himself in the fight. As the two lie dying, Hamlet reveals to Laertes Claudius’ plot. In their final moments the two reconcile and Hamlet kills Claudius.
Even if you think Sutter is following instead the storyline of “Macbeth,” which can clearly be seen twisted throughout the plot, things still end up grim for the main character. By the end of the tragedy, Macbeth is decapitated by Macduff and his head is carried throughout Scotland. In this Shakespeare play the main character is a villain, which leaves us to believe that maybe Sutter is straying from his “Hamlet” ways and veering onto a darker path in the final season. Sutter has revealed that Jax will be portraying an ominous role in Season 7.
"This season will be the most proactive for Jax. He's driven, with a singular purpose. Rather than being the reactor to chaos, (Jax) is the inciter of chaos,” the creator explained.
- Sutter has teased that he planned to have two SAMCRO members die this season, and West is already gone. He also indicated that another person core to SAMCRO would die in episode 9 or 10. Could this be Bobby? He did say that it would not be Juice. That doesn’t necessarily mean that Juice survives the season, just that he’s not the one to die in those specific episodes.
- I thought Patrick Swayze's brother was great as the white trash hillbilly. Wish he would have had a better role on SOA.
- [quote]He also indicated that another person core to SAMCRO would die in episode 9 or 10.
From interview posted at R140:
[quote]EW: We know Venus returns in episode 10. What can you say about that? Goggins: There is a conversation that happens that is as poetic and, I will start crying talking about it right now, as beautiful and as real as any conversation that I’ve ever read on paper between two people. What it will ultimately say about Tig, and who he is in the world, and how he deals with Venus and how she deals with him - I think you’re gonna see honesty and a vulnerability that is very rarely explored
This could portend Tig's demise. What he's describing sounds rather like an elegy or perhaps a profound and heart-wrenching last goodbye as he lays dying. Also, Kim Choates said a long time ago that his character doesn't make it all the way to the end, whether they stick with that is to be seen.
- Hmm, I think you're right in that whatever happens to Gemma will be some sort of tour-de-force emmy-nomination bait-type drama. I might be alone in this, but I want Unser to get his comeuppance for being such a stooge/toady for Gemma. I still think Gemma might turn on him and turn him in for hiding the dead asian maintenance guy that Juice killed at the motel.
It appears that the guy that plays Tig lasted up until the last couple of days of shooting, so I'd be surprised if he died in episode 10, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he finally had enough of the club and left.
I agree that Jax is going to die in that he's like Walter White in that redemption is no longer possible - he has to sacrifice himself to do what he can for others.
- Maybe they shot the episodes out of order, is that possible? Maybe they shot the actual finale episode a month ago.. Also possible, even if the actors were killed off, they came to the set anyway (paid, of course), as decoys so as to throw off any bystanders watching the filming.
Yes, Jax is out of control with rage over Tara's death but the fault of this whole mess does not fall at his feet.
It all falls at the feet of that cunt Gemma. If she hadn't lied about the Chinese then none of this would have been put into motion.
- The director of this weeks episode laughed when the EW writer brought up could Abel have killed the birds.
He definitively said it was done by Marks/Moses. The words are the wall match back to a line Marks said to Jax earlier in the season.
- WTF IS AT R250??!!!
- I want to know what that is at R250 as well.
- Jesus Christ, r276 & r277! It's just a fucking random picture! It's got nothing to do with SoA except that the name on the business happens to be the name of a character. Big deal. Let it fucking go.
- It's "Ajax" with the A shopped out. Jesus.
- I think Gemma is going to end up raising Jax's two sons, something will happen to Jax. They are the Sons of Anarchy.
- She's raising them now, but falling apart because of her guilt and because Abel's turned in to a little psycho. It can't last.
Ugh, I hope they kill Bobby tonight and put the poor bastard out of his misery. I think the poor guy would have better luck with ISIS than Marks' crew. Somewhere it was suggested that Juice would die too, but I think he needs to spend more time in jail with Tully. Something tells me Marilyn Manson will love the sight of Juice!
- I fear that Courtney Love isn't just there to be a teacher - that she's going to pull out a gun at some point and be like "I'm Tara's sister" or something equally awful.
- R283, I'm wondering if the reason she's there is that she's going to call Jax in and say "uhh fyi, your kid just told me that is grandma killed his mom.."
- Oh god. That's it, isn't it.
- I want Juice to suck a dick at least once before it's over.
- Love's appearance in the show does raise questions. I can't believe her only role is going to be a couple of short appearances as the teacher. Maybe Abel is going to find Granny's hatbox full of guns an shoot up the school.
- @sutterink "What A Piece Of Work Is Man" The beginning of the end. Tonight.
- The club wants Juice to kill Lin because they think he is responsible for what happened to Tara, but Juice knows the truth, so why would he kill Lin for a club that wants him dead, when he knows Lin didn't do it and that Gemma was going to try and kill him to cover her own ass?! Jax is trying to play Juice but I think Juice has something different in mind.
- Elvis has left the building!
- Abel always looks stoned.
Sure, Marks may be in jail for now, but Moses is still out there.
- Oh poor Bobby Elvis! At this point I'm glad they put the guy out of his misery, but it's sad to see him go. At least up until this season, he was always the voice of reason and "the big picture".
What did you make of the Chips & Althea scene? She obviously did it further some agenda, but if he's a felon they already have his DNA so she doesn't need that, it didn't appear she planted anything on him (it appeared she briefly cupped her hand behind his head, but are bugs like fairy dust these days?) so she's obviously using him, but I can't figure out how.
- Do you think Gemma may kill herself? She's finally figuring out that all of the chaos and deaths this season is because of her lies and betrayals. It's pretty obvious that Althea and Unser know that she and Juice are full of shit now as far as fingering the Chinese guy for Tara's murder.
- [quote]Oh poor Bobby Elvis! At this point I'm glad they put the guy out of his misery, but it's sad to see him go. At least up until this season, he was always the voice of reason and "the big picture".
Aw, I agree.
[quote]What did you make of the Chips & Althea scene?
Still trying to figure that one out. What is she using him for though? I'm curious too. Or perhaps, "a cigar is just a cigar", and they actually just like one another. It's possible not everything has to be a set up or an agenda. Really hard to say, but looking forward to finding out.
- Just a reminder - There is a Spotify list with over 400 songs from SoA:
That look we were all waiting for last night -
- Where we are right now is where we should have been around episode 4. There's no way they are going to wrap up things well. They'll wrap them up, but really quickly.
In some ways I think they've already wrapped up Nero. I bet we see very little of him from now until finale.
And what's with introducing Courtney Love as a teacher? I bet her character doesn't even play in to the remaining episodes.
Looks like we will see Venus in the next episode (episode 10).. we will also see a new character, the principal of the school Abel attends, so I am thinking Courtney will show up then too. And finally we get to see Inbar Lavi again. They also have listed the voice of JT for the umpteenth time.. I am hoping this time they mean it. I am thinking that episode 10 will have Unser basically figure out what happened. He will realize that the reason Gemma was hiding Juice is because of their roles in Eli and Tara's murders. He has already figured it out. He just needs to figure out how to handle it. That's the big fat question.
- So what was the point of Lea Michelle or whatever her name is? Just two episodes as a waitress?
Jax poses as a homeless man and kills Marks.
Also, he is stripped of his President patch, it goes to Chibs.
- R333, well fuck.
- I think I read somewhere that episode 10 is when Jax finally finds out about Gemma murdering Tara, which seems like about 9 too many episodes to wait, but I guess better late than never. I'm guessing he spends the final three episodes trying to find a way to un-f#xk all the things he's done.
- R292, she pulled a strand of hair out of his head and she obviously has his DNA in her, but you wonder what crime she's trying to link him to. It seems a little too late in the season for some elaborate "give me info or I'll send you to jail" scenario. Plus, Chibs would never give up the club, even if it meant going to jail.
- I just started watching, up to season 2, but I know most of what happens in the future. Didn't fully get the appeal of Charlie Hunnam until watching the show. Holy shit, he's hot. I did catch a recent episode and would like to know why he speaks in his native English accent now?
Would also like to know what was the feeling towards Tara and Gemma? I know many of the 'old ladies' on these shows are often despised. From where I'm up to in the show, I like his relationship with Tara. Though I find it strange she would be in that world. She does doesn't fit in at all.
One thing from S1 that I wondered was talked about at the time was the ATF agent that was stalking her. He was nerdy and old looking. I kept thinking they cast someone who is nowhere in the league of Jax or for that matter Tara. Very strange casting choices for the show.
- R300, R302, wow, ok..
Tara and Jax were high school sweethearts. Gemma hated that he loved her.
Tara left Charming and became a doctor but the two of them continued to love each other.
Once they reunited he wanted to take the club more legit like his father envisioned and to have a safe home life.
You ask how the women are viewed by fans...let's just say if Gemma doesn't died in the most heinous fashion I will be forever livid.
- Can someone refresh my memory ? What happened to CCH Pounder's character ? She played the DA.
I have a brain freeze and can't remember.
EW.com had an 3 interviews after this week's episode. They interviewed Bobby, Peter Weller and Jarry.
Peter Weller directed this week's episode. In the interview he says he directed episode 11 and it is the "climax" and it's full of revelations.
Episodes 12 and 13 will be the "resolution" and aftermath.
Br that I'm assuming the truth comes out in episode 11.
- Can we talk about the post at R300?
I'm guessing because if the Jury murder Jax gets his title of President stripped then goes full on crazy.
Is that pic of Marks coming out of a jail/courtroom? Jax is laying in wait to shoot him?
- I'm not entirely sure what to make of the post at R300. If he gets kicked out of the club for the Jury murder, they would take his patch and maybe kill him, not just take his president patch.
I'm guessing he voluntarily resigns his presidency, but decides he needs to kill Marks on his own (though he does it with his kutte on). I just wonder why he's acting alone at this point and none of the others are around (and what happened to them). I'm less interested in what happens to Jax, since it seems pretty clear he will die and more interested in what happens to the others in the club.
- If the club took his patch, they wouldn't necessarily kick him out or take his tatts - if he wasn't a rat, had proved himself, and was just a shitty leader, he gets the Clay treatment - remember, Clay didn't get killed for being a crap leader, he got killed for.....okay, I legit can't remember. So even if Jax gets dethroned he's still likely a member, so I assume he goes rogue, unable to deal with Bobby's death.
- Episode descriptions..
Episode 10 | Faith and Despondency - Love is in the air for Samcro members but death wins the day.
Episode 11 | Suits of Woe - The SOA organization bears down on SAMCRO and Jax comes face to face with an ugly truth.
Episode 12 | Red Rose - With tensions mounting and truths finally revealed, Jax must make the ultimate decision.
- Thanks r307. I get the whole high school sweetheart thing, but nonetheless, I alway wonder why she sticks around. Again I'm only in S2, but why would someone with her pedigree associate with this thug way of life? It always leaves me scratching my head when she's at these parties with the skanky biker chicks.
I hope Gemma gets what's coming to her too.
- R314, keep watching. Her "pedigree" is not so great..
- R315 is right. Tara turns out to be a real cunt.
- Episode 13 is titled "Papa's Goods"
- I think Jarry and Chibs already knew each other before she arrived in Charming. The Surname "Jarry" is Irish in origin. She possibly may be second generation Irish in America or have family ties back to Ireland. It's possible Chibs made a deal with the Irish and Jarry is in on it. Maureen Ashby is leading this crusade out of Belfast to honor JT. She has seen what Jax, and before him Clay has done to JT's vision and she wants to make it right.
Chibs is the rat.
- Signs are totally pointing to something going on.
I've been waiting for Sutter to draw inspiration from real life stories and reveal to us, in the end, that there was a rat planted in to the club from seasons ago; especially after season 4 when the club was broken and it was easy for a fed to slip in (after all, all eyes was on SAMCRO - FED, CIA, CARTEL, COPS, etc)
Now that we're seeing signs of Rat being something else with dialogue and scenes focused on the character (all of a sudden), WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD SUTTER NAME HIM RATBOY??????
It ruins the whole surprise (if true).
Because since he was introduced, people have been saying "Imagine if Ratboy was a rat?????"
The effect has been blunted.
- R319, well given the looks of the actor that plays him, the only other name might be "ferret face", but I guess that's not a very good biker name.
I've read multiple places that Ratboy is the rat, but here's the thing: if he was the rat, why would Marks need to torture Bobby for intel on the preacher & the location of the mother & son (unless he just wanted to torture Bobby for the hell of it). He could've called Rat, got the location of the cabin & easily stormed in. Why waste time making demands on a knucklehead like Jax if you already have a an inside guy that could easily tell you what you want to know?
That's what makes me think the rat is TO/Grim Bastards because he knew about the whole Chinese thing, but isn't really involved in this current business with Marks. Plus, TO drug them in to the whole minister thing on a questionable premise in the first place.
- Interesting theory R318; the only purpose I can see Jarry serving (aside from being a woman as wacko as Gemma) is that at some point the rest of the club is going to question his loyalties, something that never would have happened in the past.
- Tara is doctor, she will always be above everyone in that club or those women that are around them, calling her a cunt for trying to save herself from jail and taking her children away from that awful environment is a sane thing to do.
- R322, I have some real life news for you. Just because you have a fancy degree doesn't mean you are "above" or better than anyone.
But seriously, have you watched the whole series?
I am not the poster at 322 but I have watched the show from the very beginning. Never missed an episode and I would never classify Tara as a cunt.
She actually wanted to make a life with Jax but once she was a mother she was afraid for what that life would do to the kids.
The only cunt on that show was Gemma and if she doesn't get killed in a horrific way I will be so let down.
I'm not poster 322 but I have watched the entire show. I've never missed an episode and I wouldn't classify Tara as a cunt.
She loved Jax but once she became a mother she wanted her kids to have a better life and not grow up in that environment. I can't fault her for that.
The only cunt is Gemma and if she doesn't meet a heinous end I will be forever let down.
- Tara was sort of a frustrating character in that she had many opportunities to leave (or just not get involved to the extent that she did) but she seemed to want to be involved in Jax's drama even when he tried to push her away (I'm sure how Jax looked didn't hurt). She wasn't a cunt, but she could be every bit as vindictive as Gemma.
I have to say, even though the Tara character was played out by the end of season 6, I miss Maggie Siff. I think she brought an intelligence to the show that is sorely lacking. I like Drea DeMatto, but that character just goes whatever direction Jax & Gemma push her, she doesn't really drive the narrative like Tara did.
- The "pregnancy/miscarriage" bullshit made her a cunt. Period. That was totally unnecessary. After that, I saw her on the same level as Gemma.
- [quote]Spoilers! Jax poses as a homeless man and kills Marks. Also, he is stripped of his President patch, it goes to Chibs.
He's still wearing his president's patch in your photos there.
- Of FFS Gemma plotted to murder her first husband, killed that caretaker in season 3 and killed Tara, how can anyone compare Tara to her?
Also Tara didn't leave when Jax was pushing her away because she was pregnant.
- [quote]He's still wearing his president's patch in your photos there.
He isn't here -
- R330, that looks like his dad's bike. Interesting...
- The teenagers', Brooke I think her name is, mother was killed in the same accident that killed John Teller who was Jaxs' father.
- A great site for info on the show
- I have this horrible feeling Nero's going to bite it tonight. That would make me sad because I really like Nero.
- I, too, am afraid that Nero may get killed. I used to think that Nero and Wendy would survive and raise Abel and Thomas with Nero's son. I have decided that would be too much of a happy ending for this show.
- “Tonight’s episode really earns its TV-MA rating. There is more nudity (female and male) and graphic sex (male-female, male-male, etc) in the first four minutes than the entire season combined. There’s also an eye-popping display of violence that ranks among the show’s most gruesome ever — and that is one mighty high bar. It also happens to be this year’s strongest episode, due in no small part to one particular scene towards the end of the 90-minute installment that’s been five seasons in the making (and which does not disappoint).”
Michael Ausiello (x)
- MALE MALE???
Tig and Venus??
- I hope it's Tig and Venus and not another male rape scene in prison.
- R338, same here. A Tully/Juice scene could be kind of hot though..
- [quote]I hope it's Tig and Venus
I'm pretty sure it is, since tonight is episode 10. See interview with "Tig" below:
[bold]EW: We know Venus returns in episode 10. What can you say about that?
Goggins: There is a conversation that happens that is as poetic and, I will start crying talking about it right now, as beautiful and as real as any conversation that I’ve ever read on paper between two people. What it will ultimately say about Tig, and who he is in the world, and how he deals with Venus and how she deals with him - I think you’re gonna see honesty and a vulnerability that is very rarely explored[/bold]
- I love this gif so damn much:
- Jax has a new bitch:
- wow, this episode was quite the surprise
- Wow. I loved it.
That scene with Tig and Venus was fucking beautiful. Props to Sutter. Seriously. Totally unexpected. I figured he was just using Venus and was going to give the good riddance speech. Nice to see otherwise.
And can we talk about all that ass?? Nice!
So much happened, shit. Thy really crammed in a lot of stuff this episode. It was a great one.
Glad to see Tyler is on the up and up. Great ambush of Moses and crew by Otis and the Sons. Man, that was brutal. Damn.
Poor screwed up little Abel spilling the beans on grandma..
- I feel like I had sex with the entire cast of SOA tonight.
Excellent episode. Walter Goggins should get an Emmy nod for this season.
He probably won't, but he should. I love that Venus made it clear to Tig that he was a man and was going to keep his dick, and Tig was cool with it and wanted to be with him anyway. It's great that such a hetero skewing / male demographic show even explored any of that. Much less in such a touching and heartfelt manner.
- [quote] It's great that such a hetero skewing / male demographic show even explored any of that. Much less in such a touching and heartfelt manner.
THIS! And I love how Tig shot that asshole in the balls for making fun of him being with Venus, and how the rest of the MC backed him up.
- [quote]I feel like I had sex with the entire cast of SOA tonight.
LOL, no kidding.
- Venus and Tig scene:
- R348, thanks for posting. That was great. Kudos to whoever uploaded it and kept the captions on!
- What a great episode!!!
Go ahead and MARY me all you want, but I teared up a bit at the scene with Tig and Venus. I agree with R345 that Goggins should get an Emmy nomination. They were both great in the scene though.
I'm not even sure where to begin, but it looks like the shit is going to hit the fan with Gemma next week - I hope! It's unfortunate that the kid(s) that portrays Abel is such a shitty actor - it was such a pivotal scene.
- The sex scenes were interesting tells for the nature of the relationships.
The disconnect between Nero and Gemma is obvious. You could see he loves her and she just wasn't into it. Guilt is a bitch.
Tig was fucking Venus in a sensitive and loving way. Not hardcore or rough at all. He's so in love, great stuff.
Jax clearly just needed sex relief and then felt badly about it and Tara.
Althea and Chibbs. Wow. This chick needs to feel dominant at all times with her "bad boy" criminal. She demands it from him, she rode on top for the fucktage and always she is "in charge" of their fucking. Hot scene, I love Chibs.
Happy is just happy with ankles around his ears...which is just normal. He's a single guy, out fucking.
Rat pledged his love to Brooke last week and was fucking someone else entirely. Is he a "rat" rat or just taking advantage of some free pussy? Who knows? But this clearly shows he says one thing and does another. Literally.
Juice. Did anyone know that Tully was going to use him like that? I thought Juice was in prison to kill Lin or maybe Marks but Tully is using him as a love doll for God's sake. Love poems and vaseline. Now, THAT's a Saturday Night. ;)
Wendy showing that she's single and alone and almost ok with that. But you can clearly see she's pining for Jax.
This episode had me going through a series of emotions.
Jax banging the Tara lookalike was SO hard to watch. Except watching the glorious Jax ass in action. That was very easy to watch. And I had to watch it at least 4 times...
Jax crying after finishing with Tara lookalike. That really broke my heart. Partly because I was upset he was banging someone that's not Tara (which yes, she's dead but it brings back all the times he cheated on her)... and partly because I felt so damn bad for him. I had that line from Season 1 running through my head - "When I'm inside someone, there's only one face I see." Jax definitely saw Tara in this girl. That scene was so fucking sad. Also, I don't entirely understand the point of Winsome since she isn't back for another episode. She was literally on screen for a total of 10 minutes between 7.07 and 7.10. I feel like she was aiming for something more with him and he was all like "thanks for hanging out with me... bye!"
Nero and Gemma having the most disinterested and disengaging sex ever. This kind of reminded me of the time Jax and Tara got it on after she got out of prison. Except Jax just looked super hurt and confused and Tara was crying. Nero and Gemma both looked bored.
Did anyone else pay attention to the lyrics of the song playing over the opening montage? Wow.
Unser is slowly becoming my favorite character. What a bad ass!
I'm torn about Jax telling Abel that Wendy is his real mom. He has every right to know but really bro, choosing THAT exact moment to tell him something that is really, really heavy and somewhat life altering? Part of me is happy because I feel like it's what Tara was ultimately gunning for -- having Wendy take her boys if anything happened to her. But the other part of me feels like Jax is up to his usual Jax tricks and thinks telling Abel that he has a mommy that is alive will help him deal with the fact that the woman he thinks is his mommy/raised him was brutally murdered and isn't coming back. As if that poor kid need more shit piled on him at this
For a second, I thought Jax was going to sympathy fuck Wendy at the end. Thank god that didn't happen. I love how he referred to them as "just friends" -- he's a pretty shitty friend.
- Oh yeah - The house where the hit squad was killed is Ava & Boyd Crowders house in Justified!!
- Great Walter Goggins insight on that scene - and he talked about the parallel between that scene and the scene before with Chibs/Jarry.
[bold]EW: Venus and Tig’s heart-to-heart follows Jarry and Chibs’ combative love scene. It made me realize that while I understand Jarry’s and Chibs’ motivations as characters, I don’t want to relate to their volatile relationship. And then you have Venus, who is the most singular person on the show, and yet at this point, she really is the most relatable. What did you see in that conversation between Venus and Tig?[/bold]
Goggins: [italic]I’m just blown away that you said that, and I know Kurt [Sutter] would be blown away as well and very grateful for that comment. I think that there’s something about two people that are looking for love from an honest and truthful place that is extremely appealing. Vulnerability that is not trying to be used in some manipulative way is something that we’re all attracted to and that we aspire to, I think, whenever we’re able to truly let our guards down. And that’s really what that is: It’s not gender specific. It’s more than a man and a woman, or a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. It’s just about two human beings who need to be seen, and that’s what Kurt wrote. He gave both of these people the words to articulate how they feel. When I read it, I just thought I’ve never really seen honesty in that way, with what is a perceived way of life that would be unacceptable to another person. Venus is understanding of that, and in some ways, accepting of the limitations of that kind of commitment from another person. And she is graceful enough to let him out, but she was also vulnerable enough to say, “But I let myself believe in it, and I do believe in it. And I’m not a fool for allowing myself space for that emotion. I’m a better person for it.” Because she was able to say that, Tig came around. I mean, I’m gonna cry right now talking about it. It was so organic and so beautiful, and that comes from the mind and really from the heart of Kurt Sutter.[/italic]
[bold]I assume it was scripted for you to not use Venus’ voice in that scene since Tig, at the end, asks to hear her lilt again. Is that the case?[/bold]
[italic]That was Kurt, and that was in the stage directions. Paris Barclay directed this episode. Paris has been a friend of mine well over 18 years. He did episodes of The Shield. I did a movie for him back when I was like 23 years old called The Cherokee Kid. I did NYPD Blue with Paris. I’ve known Paris for a long time. Obviously I’ve known Kurt for a very long time. And Kim I’ve known for a while. That it was this collaboration between these people who have been in each other’s lives just made it all the sweeter. It was just about creating the space for this to happen. In that moment, Paris said, “Walton, I think you have to even go deeper without Venus’ voice.” Which was so strange for me because I don’t look at it as “Venus’ voice,” that’s just the way she talks. To think about her sounding other than how she sounds, that was hard for me. It was really difficult. It was like, okay, let’s bring it down, and then it just made it even sweeter for me. I think it made it sweeter for Kim as Tig.
When we walked into do it and rehearse it, I’d just gotten back from filming a movie in Canada. I’d been back for not even 24 hours. I got off the plane, went home and slept, woke up six hours later to start the process. By the time we got to start shooting [the conversation], it was like six o’clock at night. We’d done the other stuff beforehand, and Kim really wanted to approach the making love scene in the montage in a very certain way. He was absolutely right, and I thought that was beautiful. [/italic]
- GOGGINS (cont'd)
[italic]When we walked into do it and rehearse it, I’d just gotten back from filming a movie in Canada. I’d been back for not even 24 hours. I got off the plane, went home and slept, woke up six hours later to start the process. By the time we got to start shooting [the conversation], it was like six o’clock at night. We’d done the other stuff beforehand, and Kim really wanted to approach the making love scene in the montage in a very certain way. He was absolutely right, and I thought that was beautiful. And then [Venus] coming out of the shower, I really talked to Tracey [Anderson], our makeup artist, about where we are in the stage—what is right and what’s not right. And we did that scene, and Paris staged it so that Venus was looking in a mirror at herself at the end. For me, all the sudden for the first time, Venus is looking at herself and judging herself. She’s looking at herself for the first time through another person’s eyes, not through her own. And what she sees is not how she sees herself. It’s something less than perfect. And that f–kin’ broke my heart.
So by the time we get to the scene, we walked in and everybody was really quiet. We sat down to rehearse it with Paris, who Kim and I trust implicitly, and it’s all right there. I turned to Paris and said, “Can you shoot this at the same time?” And Paris said, “Absolutely. That’s exactly what we’re gonna do.” Paris set it up so there was a camera on both of these people as they were going through this emotion‚ and I say “these people” in third person because I don’t believe that I was there or Kim was there—it was them. It was their relationship. And Paris just let the camera roll. He came in and tweaked us as needed, and that was it. We did it maybe three times total. It was so pure and so without ego and so not result-oriented. It was just outside of all of us: Just let these two people heal one another, and then let’s walk away. It was one of the most cathartic experiences of my life as an artist.[/italic]
[bold]I bet a lot of TV viewers don’t realize that typically, the camera is focused on one person in a take, so the other actor may not bring their emotion full force until it’s time for their coverage, because there’ll be so many takes in total. But in a conversation like this, you really do need that other person to be with you every step of the way.[/bold]
[italic]Yeah. And that is the take—you’re not cutting in between. It’s flowing, and there’s no need to be aware of the people around you, it’s just what’s happening in that moment. You don’t have to save or hold anything back, it just is what it is. I’m really happy that Paris decided to do it that way.[/italic]
[bold]Just to go back to the love scene—that is the first time Venus and Tig have been that intimate, which is what set him off in the morning?[/bold]
[italic]Yeah. I think that’s the very first time, and I think it came after this very, very long courting between these two people, which did not start off that way. It was just two people becoming friends organically. They had pain in common, and laughter and humor, and a zest for living. And one probably never refrained from having sex—meaning Tig would f–k anything—and one only gets paid for it, for the most part. So their relationship wasn’t about sex, and then it happened. It was so beautiful, and it happened at a point in their relationship where it’s like, why wouldn’t domesticity be the next logical step? It would have been if not for the parameters that our society places on what is allowable as a relationship. It was only after that came into the room that there was ugliness. Therefore the mirror: I suppose the mirror is kind of like society, metaphorically speaking, looking at it. And then it was one person who said, “And all that being considered, f–k that. F–k it. This makes me happy, and this completes me as a person.” I’m just very grateful for Kurt, and to all the people on the show, for giving me a little space in their epic story to experience life in this way. It just means the world to me.[/italic]
- [bold]The conversation ends with Tig telling Venus to put on a dress and the flowers back in her hair. He wants to go out and feel what it’s like for her to be his. Where do you think they went?[/bold]
[italic]I think she got dolled up. I think they went to a very expensive, conservative restaurant—her in her beautiful outfit with color, and him with his leather cut. And they sat and ordered the most expensive bottle of wine. And then they ordered another bottle of wine. And they had a seven-course meal in front of all of these people and were more in love and more themselves than anybody in that restaurant.[/italic]
[bold]Will we see Venus again before the series ends?[/bold]
[italic]I can’t tell you, baby. [Laughs] Boyd Crowder, it’d be bad enough. Sons of Anarchy crew—I don’t even know what would happen to me. You watch the show. They make people disappear every week.[/italic]
- That article was fantastic, and made me enjoy their relationship, and that scene even more.
I'm a little in love with Walton Goggins now. With so many asshole actors bitching and whining about uncomfortable gay scenes, I love how Goggins embraces all of it. Not just the sexual part, but the emotional part as well. And it's done with such beautiful, raw feeling.
I'm going to miss these characters, and this show. I'm so, so glad I started watching it.
I have to say though, when I was watching, I thought Tig was going to kill Venus. I was so sure it would take an ugly turn. I'm shocked, but happy that it actually turned out that Tig really wanted to be with Venus.
Am I the only one who thought that?
- I got to see some Happy ass. I'm in heaven. There's just something about the guy who plays Happy, and that voice of his, that makes Momma's mussy wet.
The guy who played Otis is FUCKING HOT!
All for God sakes r350. I thought as far as kids that age go, the kid who plays Abel was pretty damn good last night.
[quote]The guy who played Otis is FUCKING HOT!
I agree :)
And here is some delicious Jax ass. Now THAT's a fine ass..
- [quote]The guy who played Otis is FUCKING HOT!
I agree :)
And here is some delicious Jax ass. Now THAT's a fine ass..
- A brotherhood of misery,
Their smiles as sad as sighs;
Whose madness daily maddened me,
Distorting into agony
The bliss before my eyes!
So stood I, in Heaven's glorious sun,
And in the glare of Hell;
My spirit drank a mingled tone,
Of seraph's song, and demon's moan;
What my soul bore, my soul alone
Within itself may tell!
- I was hoping for a Margaret cameo at the hospital.
- R364, that would've been great. Who is that woman getting plowed by Quinn? Why it's Margaret, the hospital administrator!
- Jax ass in motion:
- R365, Quinn? I don't remember seeing Quinn plowing anyone.. I wish.
- Did Charlie use a body double for his sex scene? Because I just don't see THAT hiding under all those baggy clothes!
- R369, he's shown his ass a LOT. It's his!
- Primetime is finally over so I can post about this week's show.
It was absolutely brilliant. The opening sex montage was so good. Jax crying after banging a Tara lookalike. Jax's gorgeous ass!
Cunt Gemma, so weighted down by all the shit she's caused, totally checked out on Nero. Tig and Venus actually making love. Wendy all alone with the buzz of her vibrator.
The scene between Venus and Tig in the dark was just amazing. Tender,raw,& intimate. The acting and the dialogue brought tears to my eyes.
Poor Tara must be turning over in her grave with what's happening to Abel. He is in so much need of therapy. Then the kicker when he exposed Gemma.
I am almost giddy with anticipation over Gemma finally getting hers.
Sutter also wrote another of my fave shows The Shield. Walton Coggin's character viciously killed Lem on that show. All I wanted for the series finale was for Michael Chiklis to murder Coggins.
In the end Coggin's character bit it but not at the hand of Chiklis' Mick.
I will be so pissed if Gemma kills herself. I want Jax to murder her in the most heinous way possible.
I will really hate to see SOA go. I hope Sutter writes the SOA prelude that is so often discussed. I'd love to see the early story of John Teller, Clay and Bobbie.
- [quote]The scene between Venus and Tig in the dark was just amazing. Tender,raw,& intimate. The acting and the dialogue brought tears to my eyes.
Agree 100% but people are slamming it on the DL thread (linked below) calling it "melodramatic bs, with crappy writing." and "pandering and juvenile. It perpetuates the gay=transgender myth that straight people love. Only someone clueless and uneducated would find any worth in "That Scene". Puerile trash."
WHAT THE FUCK? Some people..
- [quote]Sutter also wrote another of my fave shows The Shield
One of my favorite shows, ever. So many people in SOA crossed over from The Shield!
[quote]I will really hate to see SOA go.
Same here. I will really miss all of the characters, the ones I love, and the ones I love to hate!
[quote]I hope Sutter writes the SOA prelude that is so often discussed. I'd love to see the early story of John Teller, Clay and Bobbie.
It's looking good. Sutter makes things happen, and if he wants to do it, he will. FX loves him, and from what I have read/heard, people love working with him. I'm sure looking forward to it.
- Paris Barclay was this week's director. He spoke to EW.com today about filming the scene.
He talked about how supportive FX has been. He said any other network would have changed things, required a bunch of opinions back and forth. He also said they would have resisted Venus looking too "manly" during the big scene.
He said the head of FX emailed Paris and the 2 actors after he saw an advance and he was gushing over it.
- [quote]He also said they would have resisted Venus looking too "manly" during the big scene.
That was a huge part of the scene, and I loved it. They wanted him to look like a man. It was important, I think, to make it clear that Tig was actually falling in love with a man, not a woman. And that scene right after they made love, when Tig high tailed iy out
The article linked at R355 is long, but totally worth the read. A lot of great info about the scene. Walton Goggins is great. He started getting choked up on Anarchy Afterward Tuesday night when he was talking about the scene. It really affected him deeply.
[quote]He said the head of FX emailed Paris and the 2 actors after he saw an advance and he was gushing over it.
That's so great to hear!
- Fixing my post at R375:
And that scene right after they made love was heartbreaking - when Tig high tailed it out of there in the morning.. Venus was looking in the mirror, make up free, looking very masculine, probably thinking, "Shit, he sees me as a man now"..
At that point in the show, I thought Tig was going to dump Venus, but the opposite happened. Tig saw Venus as a man, but didn't care.
- Paris Barclay and Kurt Sutter are a great duo. They worked together on The Shield as well.
- I found the Tully/Juice scenario to be very disturbing. Not just because of the horror of being plowed by Marilyn Manson, but how obviously dead Juice is. As much of a dolt as his character has consistently been, he still manages to gain sympathy while I actually felt less sympathy for Bobby who seemed to have it coming.
So what do you make of the Jarry/Chibs relationship now? I thought before she had some long con going and maybe she does, but now she just seems completely unhinged. I wonder if she'll end up killing him?
- [quote]I found the Tully/Juice scenario to be very disturbing. Not just because of the horror of being plowed by Marilyn Manson, but how obviously dead Juice is. As much of a dolt as his character has consistently been, he still manages to gain sympathy while I actually felt less sympathy for Bobby who seemed to have it coming.
I agree. Juice always seemed too emotionally fragile and sweet to be in the MC. Whenever he hurt or killed someone, or did something wrong, he always seemed full of guilt and self loathing. Having said that, the MC is his life, ans the only thing he is connected to.
[quote] So what do you make of the Jarry/Chibs relationship now? I thought before she had some long con going and maybe she does, but now she just seems completely unhinged. I wonder if she'll end up killing him?
I now think she's just a woman who fell for a "bad boy", and loves the sex and excitement. I really hope she isn't running a con and doesn't end up killing Chibs.
- Lots of love for Tig and Venus on Twitter.
- Someone upthread (r371) said they wanted Jax to murder Gemma in the most heinous way possible. While I 100% agree how do you top a meat fork to the head?
- You know R381, I think the only thing that keeps SOA from beheading someone is the blowback due to the real-life beheadings in the middle east. Otherwise, they'd totally go there.
That said, I think being some sort of outcast without power, friends or family would be Gemma's worse nightmare, not death. I'm guessing that since she struck crazy Jarry, that woman is going to make it her personal mission to throw Gemma's ass in jail.
- You're probably right R382.
By the last episode is there going to be anyone left who doesn't want Gemma dead?
Everyone better want her dead.
She murdered Tara and her lie against the Chinese has set this entire season's bloodbath in motion. Bobbie's dead because of her. Longstanding business relationships are fractured. Abel is a mental case at 6 years of age.
The list goes on and on.
- Yes, if many of the people around her are dead due to her lies and her grandkids are off to witness protection or somehow out of her grasp, it would be a fate worse than death.
- SHIT! I just realized that Kim Coates (Tig) was in Prison Break! I knew he looked familiar.
He's also going to portray Bobby Leibling in a movie called "Last Days Here".. a documentary about Bobby with the same name came out in 2011 (trailer below). The doc was really good, I'm looking forward to seeing Kim in that part for the new film.
- R386 - he looks just like the guy!!! (Bobby Liebling in photo at link)
- I love Kim Coates. While not traditionally or classically good looking, he's got beautiful eyes and is very sexy. He's aging a bit rough, but I kinda like that. I always find myself wondering what he looks like naked. I think we've seen everyone's ass on that show but his, dammit.
Nice pic of him with short, natural hair (he grows it out and dyes it black for SOA) and no facial hair.
OMG! He looks 100% better all cleaned up.Much better than I gave him credit for.
- I like Kim C, very sexy guy. I remember there being some weird shit on the internet, slash stuff, when he was in Prison Break. I Googled it, and found this video. Mute the shitty music.
- This pic is about 15/20 years old, but I think he's still really sexy now - even as Tig, actually.
He does a lot of work for animal charities and has several dogs. Seems like a sweetheart.
- Several years ago I was on a plane seated next to an older, eccentric woman of the South. She had to be in her late 70s, early 80s. We struck up a conversation and she went on to tell me stories of her swinging single days back when she was a stewardess for a big airline. Let’s just say that she had a good time and wasn’t shy about talking about it. She was a hoot! Somehow it came up that she was Walton Goggins' (Venus) Aunt.
About a year later I was meeting some friends at Bacchanal, an outdoor restaurant/wine bar in Nola. I’m the first to get there and as I’m searching for a place for me and my friends to sit, I spot Goggins sitting alone reading a script. Naturally, I couldn’t resist going over and introducing myself, wherein I mention meeting his aunt on a plane. He laughed and invited me to sit down.
Then my friends started showing up and Walton invited us to stick around, so we all hung out together for a couple of hours. He seriously couldn’t have been a nicer guy. Just fun, funny, curious and gregarious as can be. At some point I asked him about the script he was reading. It was the script for Django Unchained. He let me flip through it. I’ll never forget that, nor will I forget the looks of astonishment on the faces of friends who knew him from The Shield and Justified as they arrived and casually introduced them to Walton.
- Did I dream this ? I swear I remember Walton and 2 others winning an Academy Award for writing something.
This was very early in his run on The Shield.
- Cool story R3932.
Did you know that his wife Leanne had him served with divorce papers a day prior to jumping to her death? Crazy shit. Apparently she suffered from depression and was in and out of mental health facilities. He kept trying to save her, but couldn't.
- Shit R394 😢
- I knew the people that made that documentary, R386, and actually did a lot of drugs with Bobby in my youth, when he was washed up in the early 00's in DC. I think Tig is a great choice for Bobby! Wonder who will play his Mrs. Bates-esque mother.
Just caught up on yesterday's episode. Abel is bringin shit down!
I will sorely miss the hot man meat this show regularly provides.
- R396, seriously? Any good stories? I tried to start a thread here about Bobby a few years ago, but it went nowhere. Big shocker ;)
Not a whole lot of info on the IMDB site for the new movie, so I really hope it's on the up and up. It says the film is in post production, but the only person listed is Kim (Tig) - no crew, no other cast - so it seems fishy. I'll be really disappointed if it's not for real. What do you think?
I agree, he's an amazing choice to play Bobby!
- [quote]Sutter also wrote another of my fave shows The Shield. Walton Coggin's character viciously killed Lem on that show.
Hey R371, did you know that the guy who played Lem on The Shield was on SOA in seasons 3 and 4?
- Sutter is going to be in Los Angeles doing a book signing tomorrow at the Barnes and Noble at The Grove.
I might go.
- Tig showed his ass in season 3 when he was fucking the Guatemalan caretaker Gemma and Tara end up killing.
- All of these actors from The Shield were in SOA:
CCH Pounder, Kenny Johnson, Benito Martinez, Ally Walker, Katey Sagal, Jay Karnes, David Rees Snell, Emilio Rivera, Walton Goggins, Jeff Kober, and Kurt Caceres.
- What is this around Chibs' neck? Rosary?
I had to get rid of cable due to negative cash flow. Are there any free streaming sites for FX shows like SOA and AHS? TIA ! :0)
- R402 I don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure it's not a rosary, unless it's an obscure type of one
- The actor who plays Chibs has joined the cast of ABC's Revenge.
- Thanks R405 - I don't watch that show, but if he's in it I'll check it out!
- [quote]What is this around Chibs' neck? Rosary?
Looks vaguely like some kind of Tibetan Buddhist type thing.
- WHO'S THE FUCKING RAT??!!
PS: Walter Goggins is better looking as a female than a male.
- Walton! Fucking autocorrect.
- R403, I use tvmuse.edu, it is a Euro site that used to host links for tons of shows and then got re-tooled, so now all of the links are posted in the comments by users (usually in the ones stating this comment is spam, click to show). Be ready to close multiple pop up windows as well. I only use the allmyvideos, vidbull, vidxden and vidbux links, after I caught a Trojan using this site for Breaking Bad years ago, and learned which links were safe. Good luck!!
You could also go to Amazon and watch episodes for $1.99, and seasons 1-6 are on Netflix, so this one will eventually be there too. Unfortunately I'm impatient, and I can't wait until then.
- I still think the Grim Bastards/TO played in some part in ratting them out to the Chinese, but I increasingly think Rat is the rat since he seems to be particularly shady and he's currently in Jax's favor. Plus, he doesn't show up in any pictures for the final episodes which makes me think his time is almost up.
Speaking of time being almost up, what do you think will happen with Juice? Will he kill himself? Will Marilyn Manson tire of him as his love toy and kill him?
I think the necklace Chibs wears is some kind of buddhist rosary, which seems like a strange thing for a Scottish thug to be wearing, but who knows.
- Yeah, they've been focusing on Rat an awful lot lately..
R403, can you afford Netflix for a few months? Like R410 said, seasons 1-6 are all there.
- I don't think any of them wipe very well...
- R413, eh?
- I'm really looking forward to Sutter doing the prequel. He said if he does it though, it will be in two years or so, to give it "a chance to breathe" - good idea? I guess it's better than him rushing into it.
[bold]Sutter has already stated that his plan is to kick off his next series ‘The Bastard Executioner’ in 2015 following the conclusion of ‘Sons of Anarchy’ and then move into the prequel a year or two after the finale. With the show in such high demand it’s likely FX would love to get the show on the air within a reasonable time to take advantage of the huge popularity of the series.
It appears for now Sutter’s plan is to roll out the ‘Sons of Anarchy’ prequel as a miniseries consisting of either 10 or 16 episodes to tell the tale about how the outlaw motorcycle club got its start a few decades ago.[/bold]
- A prequel seems like a no-brainer to me. In fact, I think that the current series should have begun with an entire season dedicated to Gemma, baby Jax, John Teller, and Clay, hell everyone when they were younger lol.
I think it would have made the Ireland episodes more enjoyable to me.
I'm addicted to this show.
- Totally agree R416
- I know you all are gonna watch the finale with me on this thread, right? It's supposed to be one of the best finales in history.
- R418 -
My partner and I are having an SOA party with some other fans. Beer, wings, steak, BBQ brisket. Will definitely check this thread out after the show though! Looking forward to what everyone thinks.
PS: I started this thread, so you bitches better not let me down!
- This is hilarious.
Mom throws Sons of anarchy party for a bunch of small kids.
"My 11 year old son watches Sons of Anarchy. Let's get all of the disapproving gasps out of the way now. It's my parenting decision to make, not anyone else's. I watch the episodes first, and then I watch them with him, and I cover his eyes and/or fast forward through parts when I deem it necessary."
- We may never find out who the rat is.
- Although I have no problem with the "biker look", they are all especially handsome guys when cleaned up.
- Just catching up on this thread, If Chuckie turns out to be the rat that would blow many minds. Especially considering how he's looked over & laughed at by the gang...it would be crazy...ike Keyser Soze levels of crazy.
- I agree with the poster upthread who said we may never know who the rat is. Knowing Sutter's writing, it's possible not everything will be neatly tied up.
- Love this interview with Kim Coates that was done a couple years ago.
- Great interview with Walter Goggins about placing Venus. I love this man, he truly seems like a sweetheart.
- Tonight is going to be a good one!! Who's in??
- I hope they don't drag Gemma's fate out. There's only 3 episodes left and that crazy bitch needs to pay. I will be so disappointed if Kurt Sutter lets the wifey's character get away with everything.
- It looks good!!!
Tonight’s episode of “Sons of Anarchy,” “Suits of Woe,” reveals all. Fans having been biting their nails since the beginning of the season to know when the Gemma and Jax showdown would arrive, and after tonight, everything is going to revolve around Jax and how he reacts to what his son Abel told him at the end of last week’s episode. He finally knows the ugly truth.
“Suits of Woe” is undoubtedly one of the strongest episodes of the series, and the man calling the shots behind the camera is none other than UNT alumnus Peter Weller. There’s something about Weller— his knowledge of film, deep understanding of human emotion, experience in front of the camera (he was after all, the man that donned the original armored suit in 1987’s “RoboCop”)— that lends itself so well to the talent and great sense of realism that is brought to the television shows he directs, especially “Sons of Anarchy.”
I believe fans will walk away satisfied tonight with the direction that “Sons” is going in. While it’s been a long and often difficult ride, it really has been a ride. Now, that ride is coming to its end, with only two episodes remaining after tonight. But before we say our tearful goodbyes, let us look at what really makes “Sons of Anarchy” such a great show.
[bold]7.11 is going to be a MAJOR episode. Peter Weller talks about directing it. "Wait until you see episode 11. It will take you apart, man"[/bold]
- Uh oh!
- Marilyn Manson got fat & is a horrible actor. Courtney Love on the other hand looks pretty good.
- Buckle up!!!
- R425, Kim (Tig) seems really cool, he's probably really fun and interesting to be around. Great share, thanks. I had no idea he was in so many movies. I love that he can joke about the "questionable" movies he was in, and doesn't take himself too serious. Damn he has gorgeous eyes.
- Charlie?? WTF?
- Nero tells Jax he cant kill his own mother and that he should finally do what Tara wanted him to do??
Eh? Which is what? Get the kids out of Charming and live happily ever after?
- Like Jax has ever changed a diaper! He'd never be able to raise those boys without a woman.
- Insider here, who told you Barosky was the Rat and Gemma doesn't die.
Hopefully you bitches will play nice now. Feeling generous.
- I'm beginning to think Jax dies and Gemma is the last one standing.
- Jimmy Smits really killed it in the scene where he finds out the truth about Gemma. Every little twitch, grimace, sob, body slump, what have you, all achingly real.
- I am watching Courtney Love on Jimmy Kimmel. Wow, she's had a lot of work done on her face. But something is wrong with her chin, it's like lopsided, mis-shapen.
- Loved the music during the car chase!
- R437, we don't give a shit.
It's infantile to spoil a show then come back with "I told you so!" How old are you, twelve? Shame to see a grown man act like that. I'd expect that kind of shit on an Amazing Race or Big Brother thread, but we've had a nice thread going here, with cool posters. Really sad you felt such a desperate n for attention.
- R441, me too! Really retro and fun!
- r439, totally!
And Juice. Wow, he's checked out. He really did convey a sense of hopelessness an despair. Charlie's eyes looked silver in that scene with Juice. It was crazy.
Great acting all around.
- Today's show was epic. Bravo to all involved but especially Jax, Juice and Nero.
I have been comping at the bit all season for Jax to finally realize what Gemma did.
The scenes between Jax/Juice,Jax/Nero and Nero/Gemma were just stellar.
Hate we have to wait 2 weeks.
- Hey asshole who's saying he's an insider - Someone posted this thread to Reddit, which is how I got here. If you really are an insider then you know Kurt will have no problem nailing your sorry ass to the wall if you're on the net spoiling the show. It's not hard to get your IP info and net footprints. And fuck you, because Kurt trusts his crew. You have a few enemies already who will have no problem outing you.
- Wow, last night's episode was great, but I wish it didn't take episode #11 of 13 to get to this point since there's not much time left for Jax to at least spending some time mourning Tara in a non-murderous way (has anyone even bought that woman tombstone? Donna got a big Samcro send off and Tara gets nothing?).
Plus, the thing with Barosky being the rat - ugh! (I'm the person who kept insisting it was the Grim Bastards). The writers said it was "someone you wouldn't think would do something like that" and someone who was on the show weekly, which doesn't describe Barosky at all since they suspected him first.
Also, why wasn't Gemma killing JT part of the big reveal? So much of the show has been based around Gemma hiding her role in JT's death that it seems incomplete that it wasn't part of Jax's big " aha! my mother is psychopath!" moment.
- Yikes R446, get her!
Best line of the episode: "I’m sorry the family I was given has created so much chaos in the family I’ve chosen.”
Followed by: "All I am in here is somebody's asshole."
Followed by: "I'd rather shoot pussy than have my pussy shot at."
That last scene of Jax crying on Nero's shoulder! Finally grief for Tara that wasn't anger and rage, just sadness and loss. Really well played scene by both actors. So many good scenes. The scene between Juice and Jax.. SHIT! As R444 said, Juice is way checked out and Theo Rossi plays it to the hilt. Incredible. It made me really sad for him.
Oh but to have Nero call me Mama!!
I loved all of the hugs and "I love you brothers"..
As far as the road sign Gemma passed when she was hustling out of town - they are all Greek words. The sign was in the order PFE. Portento means to point out, indicate, reveal, foretell, predict, presage, portend, Fortuno means to bless, make fortunate, make happy, make prosperous, prosper, and Eureka was a term of a sudden solution to a problem coined by the famous Greek inventor Archimedes. Portento, CA doesn't exist. Why put two real CA cities and make up a third otherwise. So maybe the sign predicts a sudden fortunate solution to Gemma's problem. I'm sure I'm over thinking it, and it probably means nothing.
Is it possible Gemma is heading up to another chapter to confess that everything was her fault, to save Jax? Yeah.. doubt it.
- Hmm, that's very interesting R448; I didn't realize what those words meant (except for Eureka, of course).
I give up predicting because I'm never right, but I in the scenes from the next episode, Unser is (again) trying to convince Gemma of something and I wonder if she turns herself in to Jarry and confesses. We can surmise from the final shots of SOA that Jax doesn't lose the patch (though he does lose the president's patch), so maybe she comes clean in some big way that saves Jax from mayhem.
I love Nero too...Jimmy Smits should have is own show!
- Do you think maybe Unser kills Jax? They have built his involvement in the investigation up too much. Unser will find Jax, in the process of beginning to kill his mother, (OR Unser just *thinks* Jax is going to kill her) and will shoot him
The police will take out Chibs and the remaining members in a shootout
Everyone dies but Gemma
PS: I met Jimmy Smits several years ago, and damn, he is fine. Big, handsome, sexy man. Better looking in person, wow.
PPS: Funny screen shot at link - Little gem from the Q&A Theo Rossi did on the official Sons of Anarchy Facebook page.
- SHIT! I just found out that the actress who played Tara on SAO was RACHEL MENKEN in Mad Men. I watch Mad Men and had no idea..
- I meant "SOA", obviously..
But when Gemma gave Abel JT's ring and said something like, "You'll wear this the day you patch into the club"...
SERIOUSLY??! She has seen the danger and destruction that comes along with being associated with the MC. If she truly cared, like Tara did, she would want to distant her grand kids away from that life. I mean, at this point Abel at his young age might be too far gone.
- Yeah, I agree R444, that was great acting in the scene. Jax literally looked like he was about to have nervous breakdown. Actually, I felt kind of sorry for Juice up to that scene when I remembered the lie about the Chinese was his idea. I just hope at least Marilyn Manson kills him quick!
- R446 has to be Paris Barclay.
- "I want you to stop eating donuts you fat piece of shit!"
- R455, I wouldn't doubt it, actually.
- The end scene with Jax and Nero was some terrific acting from Charlie Hunnam and Jimmy Smits. I wish the Emmys did not ignore this show because it certainly deserves some. I suspect Unser will have Jax arrested to protect Gemma from him.
- Jimmy Smits needs an Emmy BIG TIME. He gave acting classes in this episode. Brilliant!!!
- Shit, Jimmy and Walton both need Emmys. Great season.
- Gemma has to die.
Because Gertrude died in [italic]Hamlet[/italic].
- So if this really follows hamlet then who lives? (Assuming that the kids live). Wendy? Nero?
I liked juice's foreboding to jarry and unser. Its too late for all of us.
Guessing Jax leaves the club and Charming with Wendy and the boys. He'll never kill Gemma, the only way to "kill"her is to leave her with nothing. He's going to honor Tara's wishes -- Once he sees the ring Gemma gave Abel, it's going to click and he's going to get them out of that life. I'm undecided if someone else will kill Gemma though. Thoughts?
- I think you're right R463, though I don't see him getting out alive. He'll make the decision to finally leave the club and give up his presidency, but he'll somehow be killed. Also, I think Gemma will confess to killing Tara and Roosevelt (hey, if you're in for one murder, why not confess to two?) and turn herself in to Jarry. Gemma will sacrifice herself to save Jax, but he'll end up dead anyway
- Smits looks good when he is dressed like in Sons, but he also looks good made up.
- R465, I totally agree! Smits is gorgeous - rough or clean!
- Is tonight it? Are we finally done?
Jesus Christ, every episode of this crap was an hour and a half. If you don't have a DVR, that is some serious expectations of your audience.
- Gemma will never give herself up. Although she might get arrested and be left without anyone left who cares about her.
- Something major was just accidently spoiled (nothing to do with Gemma or Jax).
I can't see Jax surviving. I think he'll be reunited with Tara and JT. I do see Gemma still standing. If Jax somehow did survive, I really hope he doesn't end up with Wendy. That would be such a betrayal to his whole relationship with Tara.
- Well since he hasn't touched Wendy in a sexual way since season 1 R469, I think it's safe to say he's not going to end up with Wendy. Isn't she a lesbian now, anyway?
I think Jax will die too, that's a surefire way to punish Jemma. From what I understand of previous Kurt Sutter shows, when they end, he kills off everyone. Unser will probably be the only adult left standing, and he's got terminal cancer. Wendy will probably survive too, no one cares enough about her to kill her and someone has to take care of those kids.
Add me to the Jimmy Smits deserves an Emmy fan club, he's great in this.
- [quote]From what I understand of previous Kurt Sutter shows, when they end, he kills off everyone.
The final episode of The Shield was fucking SOLID, and everything you could ask for in a series finale, IMO. I'm guessing SOA will be a lot like that.. And Gemma will end up like Vic Mackey.
- R471 - The Shield is one of the best TV shows even produced. The only thing I didn't like was Forrest Whitaker, his weird tics and hammy expressions and gesturing took me out of every scene. Other than that, it was incredible.
Great call about Gemma ending up like Vic. Man, that last scene in the final episode of The Shield was perfection. You could really feel the shit Vic was feeling. Everything caught up with him and he got what he deserved.. in the most subtle but powerful way.
- Gemma reminds me of Gillian from Boardwalk Empire. As long as she's alive and has her grandsons out there, she can potentially always have sway over them. We know she's obsessed with keeping the Teller legacy going in the club and gave Abel the ring for when he patches in. I just feel that even if Jax is dead and she's in jail, she will still has some power/ hope. Although, I wonder if she will get Alzheimer's like her dad and just slowly lose her mind. That seems too humane though, I kind of want her to suffer. She's been rotten from day 1.
- I think Wendy will end up with Nero and his son. And maybe Jax's boys.
R171 and R472 yes!
As I recall there was no dialogue in the last five minutes. Just Vic Mackey, his expressions, and the gut wrenching reality that he lost everything, and he'd never see his kids again. The expression on his face as it all sunk in was genius. One of the best series finales ever.
- R469, are you talking about what was spoiled in relation to Unser?
Personally, I'm skeptical of that particular spoiler. I remember a similar type thing with Breaking Bad when they were supposedly auctioning stuff from the final episodes that turned out to be bogus (they only auctioned stuff like Maria's vehicle).
Next week is the finale.
- I agree that The Shield was fantastic.
My only complaint was I desperately wanted Vic to kill Walton Coggins character. I wanted him dead for killing Lem.He did die but I wanted Vic to take him out.
I feel the same way about Gemma. I want her dead so badly and by Jax's hand.
- [quote]I desperately wanted Vic to kill Walton Coggins
- R469, yes. I guess time will tell.
- I'm in the minority when it comes to The Shield finale. I thought it sucked. Vince Mackey should've either been killed or put in jail. Okay, so he lost his family and got stuck with a "desk job". Big Woo! What was the last shot? He grabs a gun from his desk and goes out into the streets to continue the same crooked bullcrap he's always pulled. Vince got away with EVERYTHING, including shooting a fellow cop point-blank in the face.
- R481, which is probably what will happen to Gemma.
- [quote] If Jax somehow did survive, I really hope he doesn't end up with Wendy. That would be such a betrayal to his whole relationship with Tara.
You must be a straight chick.
- Fuck. Discuss!
- Well shit, it's funny that R471 brought up Vic Mackey, and wtf, Chicklis ends up on the show tonight! Great cameo!
Surprised Jax actually did it, big time. Wow. You bitches should all be happy now!
And poor Juice. I knew it was coming, but damn my heart always breaks for him.
Glad Jax and Wendy got some stress relief, if only for more shots of Jax's fine, round ass...
- speaking of, link to pictures of fine round ass here...
- Jax needs to die. For killing Unser. That just showed how depraved he has become and he showed no remorse. Now I don't think he should be able to escape that life to live on a farm with his kids. Did anyone else find Gemma ' s death a little anti-climatic? I thought she should suffer more instead of being prepared for it and ready to die. I thought it would have been more fitting for her to suffer alive watching everything in ruins.
- I'm guessing that Gemma's real-life husband wanted to give her a dignified, touching demise rather than having her die a cornered, screaming coward begging for mercy. I was hoping for the latter.
- SOA has led me to be fascinated with MCs. Obviously SOA is a TV show, and is not actually like the Hell's Angels, so I've been watching docs about the real deal.
- I have to admit that I didn't think that he'd have the balls to kill Genma.
- Um.... how come nobody is talking about MY appearance in "Sons of Anarchy"? HELLO!?!? I had some very KEY scenes here!!
- I read the interviews EW.com posts after every episode.
Unser's plan going up there was to convince her to turn herself in or he'd arrest her. He knew Jax would find her.
Unser was in love with her and he made the choice to die when Jax showed up. His line while looking at Gemma was This is all I got.
Unser had terminal cancer and would be lost without her. In many ways he mirrored Juice. Juice identified with the club so much because they're all he had.
- The final ride is next week. That’s right: next week. Now that everyone has had a chance to catch up on the penultimate episode (except, perhaps, for those of you viewing through the Playstation Network, which a colleague has been furiously tweeting at for not posting the new episode in a timely way), let’s see how things are playing out.
This was a HUGE episode, with three major deaths: Gemma, Uncer, and Juice. I should have caught the signs FAR sooner, but last night was the first time it really clicked for me that Gemma spent a LOT of time in chapels (particularly at the hospital) during the first few seasons. This was echoed last episode, when Gemma ran back to her father’s parish, and again in this episode when she went to her father’s very religious nursing home, and was mistaken for someone “from the church” by her father. This reflects, quite directly, the scene in which Hamlet plans to kill Claudius, but waits because Claudius is atoning for his sins and would go straight to heaven, regardless of his crimes.
Gemma’s position as Claudius is flavoured by overtones of Lady MacBeth, as well, as she quietly looks to her past and then (in essence) commits suicide via Jax. She knew he would come for her, she accepted it, and she was ready for it. I also liked how Nero’s concern for Jax’s soul echoes, in part, Hamlet’s hesitation in killing Claudio.
Uncer’s death was also illuminating, particularly in the last shot of him, when a goblet lies at his side. At the end of Hamlet, Claudius attempts to poison Hamlet, only to have Gertrude drink of the same cup and die. Uncer, with his general lack of understanding of what’s really going on at times, and with his love for both Gemma and Jax, becomes Gertrude in the end. Props to Kurt Sutter for his skillful, subtle homage.
Juice’s death felt a bit rushed, but I’m honestly glad his suffering is over–and that he got to finish his pie. I still see Juice as a Laertes figure, so it will be interesting to see if the vehicle of his death is somehow echoed in how Jax goes (both Hamlet and Laertes die by the same poisoned sword). I’m not sure I see that coming, though.
There were a few other interesting bits in this episode, outside of the deaths. For one, I found it interesting that the Jax and Wendy end up having sex. This brings things back full circle to the beginning of the narrative. At its heart, Sons of Anarchy is a story about fathers and sons (JT/Jax, Clay/Jax, Nero/Jax, Jax/Abel, and a number of other potentials), so the real start of the story is Abel’s conception–the moment Jax became a father. We didn’t see that, having fast-forwarded a bit to Abel’s birth, but it makes sense from a narrative perspective for the story to return to its beginnings. Why this worries me, though, is how narrative theory affects the possibilities for the series end. There are really only two choices for the end of a story: things are forever changed, or everything returns to status quo. I fear that the return to the beginning of the narrative signals not only the closing of the story (you’ll notice that most good stories somehow circle back to close where they began), but the perpetuation of the cycle from JT/Jax to Jax/Abel. Jax asking Gemma for JT’s manuscript makes me worry for Abels future–though this is counterbalanced a bit by Jax asking Nero to take Wendy and the boys to the farm (please run quickly, you four!).
[bold]Lastly, Jax’s limp. Now, this may be nothing; in fact, I understand that Charlie Hunnam broke a toe recently, and that may be all there is to it. It does bear some consideration, though, that Hamlet dies not of a sword through the belly, but of a small poisoned cut…[/bold
I can’t wait for next week!
- Im R470, and I'm kinda happy to say nothing I predicted happened, at all. I was totally wrong, and I love that because it's the opposite of predictable.
I didn't like the scene in the garden either, don't give her what she wants! And what was with that line, "This is what we do,"? What, kill your loved ones? Because that is certainly true, but supremely fucked up to imply.
After all the Vic Mackey talk on here, it dawned on me that Chiklis hadn't guested once on Sons, and I was looking for him to appear soon, and I wasn't disappointed. Not like I was by Gemma's death.
What do you guys think that bylaw is Jax wants abolished? I think he knows he's going to die (for killing Jury or for some plan not yet revealed) and its some bylaw that allows the sons of Presidents membership. Something that will keep his kids out of SAMCRO once he's gone.
However, with my track record, I'm probably totally wrong.
Did Unser ever get laid or any action at all on the show?
- R496, I think the bylaw Jax wants abolished is the rule omitting blacks. It's really a tribute to Juice because without that unspoken rule, Juice never would have been vulnerable to Roosevelt's blackmail. It's good to think Juice's loyalty (despite his poor judgement) was acknowledged in some way.
The parallels to Hamlet are R494's post are interesting, though I have to admit I haven't read Hamlet since college and am no longer familiar with the specifics. I do think Chibs is Horatio-like, though I see him dying by some death-by-cop/Jarry scenario since his life has been all about loyalty to Jax & the club and where would he be without them.
I agree that the limp isn't random and likely will somehow play in to his death, likely somehow leading to a motorcycle accident that kills him.
- What do you all think the unwritten rule is that he wants changed? I think the unwritten rule is that Mayhem lands no matter what - meaning if Jax is killed say in an accident or killing someone that just got out of prison or by the police, that Mayhem falls to the next in line. That is the rule Jax wants to change - so that the Mayhem vote dies with him. If he doesn't let them kill him, mayhem falls on his Chapter, so maybe he is trying to protect his boys?
- What was the big deal about Nero getting tools? For fixing up his farm, or something else? Why wouldn't he have tools there at the farm?
- Lawd, that ass..
- A couple more -
- Well, now that primetime is off...
Unser's death was a total shock. Jax really didn't have to kill him. I think by doing so, Jax must now somehow die...hence the shootout at the courthouse killing Marks (to avenge Bobby.) Maybe, he's caught or he goes out in a haze of gunfire.
Never understood the Juice storyline. Agreeing to go into jail to kill Lin was a stupid plan.
Didn't get the Jax and Wendy screwfest, especially after shooting his mother.
- Do we know whether the President's voted for mayhem for Jax? He really never told anyone anything did he.
Maybe, that's why he shot Unser, he has nothing to lose anymore, but tie up loose ends.
- EW.com has an interview up with Smitts discussing this week's episode.
He said Nero's fate in the finale shocked him.
This has me worried to no end. If he doesn't live I am going to be crushed.
EW.com also has an interview up with director Paris Barclay. He said Jax believed 100% he was going to die that day. Jax also meant would Nero raise the boys once he's gone. That was the underlying tone and meaning.
He also said Jax fucking Wendy was not any reconciliation. Just being grief stricken and needing comfort.
EW.com also has interviews with the actors who play Juice,Gemma,Unser.
They're very enlightening.
- I wasn't surprised about Unser because it was spoiled. What I couldn't believe was his never ending loyalty to Gemma, who frankly didn't give a shit about him.
As much as I love Jax's sexing it up and glorious ass, the scene with him and Wendy was gratuitous and unnecessary. I know it's his pattern to seek comfort with the nearest warm body, but right after he kills 2 people, one of which was his mother! I also didn't like how Gemma went out on her terms. Jax obeyed, just like he always did. The more I think about it, the more I wish they had left her alive and killed off her family. That would be more of a punishment.
I was sure Jax was going die in the finale, still lean that way, but I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be the last man standing. Somebody major has to be standing at the end, no? I always thought it would be Gemma, but obviously that's not happening.
Question... What did Jax mean when he said he would make sure they club voted a certain way?
- R505, he meant that he was going to make sure that the club voted to "Mayhem" him.
- R502,yes, Jax DID have to kill Unser once he said he was arresting Gemma. Didn't you hear the conversation Jax and Unser had earlier in the episode?
R505,it was made very clear that "Mayhem has to land"..
R504,sounds good. Can you share the link?
- R505,are you a female?
- R508, R505 is a gay male, which is the equivalent.
- Um, 509 - you need to learn to use troll-dar. You are obviously not R505.
And, you need to grow the fuck up.
- [quote] [R508], [R505] is a gay male, which is the equivalent.
WTF? Fuck off asshole. This thread has been moving along nicely, we don't need a homophobic cunt posting now.
- Sorry 510, at first I thought I was R505, and I signed it before I wrote the message, but I was actually R506, so I wrote the message, and I forgot to delete R505 from author field.
- Ok, 512, you're a homophobic cunt AND an idiot.
- This makes me think Chibs is the one who will land Mayhem on Jax -
- [quote]FAN APOLOGY
It has been brought to my attention that our SOA Collector's Edition Book has been sent out a week early by some distributors and book outlets. This book contains details about the final episode of the series. This, my friends is a storyteller's worst nightmare. I wanted this book to be a compliment to the show. It contains personal messages and photos from the cast, in-depth behind the scenes information and detailed breakdown of episodes. It's a smart, well-conceived book that I was very excited for the fans to have. AFTER the motherfucking finale. There are a thousand fucking people I can blame. And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts. But as far as the fans go, the burden is on me. I fucked up. It was my idea for the book, so ultimately, I am to blame. So if you received a book, I apologize. I ask that you not share your wrath or pain or opinion in social media so as to not spoil the experience of others. There is no excuse for utter ineptitude. It pains me that this will be the parting memory of some fans. I hope you all tune in for the finale. It plays much better than it reads.
- SHIT R515!!!!!! Someone's getting fired!
- Well, Ill be staying off this thread now, because I know some cunt will spoil it. See you all Tuesday night or Wednesday morning!!!
- R517, same here. Too bad, but there are a couple assholes in this thread who'd love to fuck it up. I have to say, for a thread that's been going on so long, it's been pretty calm and we've had a lot of great discussions. But, I don't want to take a chance.
See ya next week.
- What R517 and R518 said.
Poor Sutter, that's fucked up.
- Yeah, fuck it. I'll be back next week too. No point in getting it spoiled.
- Oh HEELLLLL no; I'll be staying off of this thread & Twitter until next week. I'd be so pisses if I'd invested time into following the show only to have it ruined by some asshole.
- [quote]And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts.
GO KURT!!! He really does have a way with words ;)
See you guys next week, I'm out of here too. Like R521 said, I'd be pissed if after 7 fucking seasons (six years!), this gets ruined. That's ok, I need to spend time off the damn internet anyway. I feel awful for Sutter and the whole SOA family.
PS: STAY OFF OF REDDIT AS WELL. I heard someone posted a spoiler there without spoiler tags and people are pissed as fuck.
- Uh, stay off IMDB too - I saw the spoiler there. Though honestly, I don't know if the info revealed is anything that anyone who watches the show can't already guess...
While Unser's death was a shock, the thing that struck me is that while Jax didn't want to kill him, Gemma didn't seem to give the whole thing a second thought! Granted, she's about to be executed by her son so she has her own problems, but still, a little grief for the guy that's bailed you out time and time again!
I think the last couple of episodes have established that the club can't really function without Bobby to run the business and none of the others are really leaders, so I wonder what will happen to them. Jail? Nomads? Join Indian Hills?
- Nice to see everyone back together. Happy Holidays 2011.
- I couldn't be more disappointed. So predictable.
Well......what a letdown. Jax wusses out and gets hit by a truck ( yes I know it's the same truck that gave Gemma a ride )
Anyone else think Wendy will end up with Nero?
- Yep, nothing special, kept waiting til the end for something to jolt me, but nothing.
Kinda a waste.
- Underwhelmed, though that was apparent 3 episodes ago. Series went on 1 season too long imo. They should of ended last season and did a Breaking Bad where Tara was "Hanked" 3 rd to last episode and the remainder is suspense over what would happen to Gemma & Jax.
The business tensions were not as compelling as the family issues, that at this point who really cared if Marks & Barofsky got theirs.
- This last episode wasn't bad, but after every thing else this season it was a bit of a let down, more a winding up of the story lines than the actual ending that I felt such a good series deserved.
- Who is the guy who pulls up and shoots at the MC (about 20 mins in), and why?
- I'm in the minority, because I actually loved it. I would have hated something over the top, or seeing the MC kill Jax. He tied up the loose ends and went out on his own terms.
- Nice to see Venus and Tig happily ever after.
- It was Connor (the Irish guy) R530
- Did they explain the identity or meaning of the recurring homeless woman?
- Thanks R533, My boss called me while I was watching and I missed a few things
- I was happy with the ending.
I'm glad Jax offed himself instead of having one of his men do it.
I'm thrilled the kids were saved. That was Tara's greatest wish.
Thrilled beyond measure Gemma got hers last week.
- So driving straight into a semi during a slomo cop chase, arms outstretched in a Christ pose, while an endless dirge about crows drones on (with a couple of real crows tossed in just in case you missed the symbolism) all capped off with a Shakespeare quote ISN'T over the top?
- . .
- R538, considering the blood bath I was expecting, no.
- [quote] My boss called me while I was watching
What a jerk. I hope you hand in your notice today.
- The way that Jax went out was the same way that his dad went out. John's death by getting hit by a semi was reported as an accident but it was rumored to be a suicide.
- So he was willing to possibly kill poor innocent Michael Chiklis just to satisfy his death wish? Couldn't he have driven off a cliff?
Weak last season, but I'm just glad Lea Michelle had only one episode.
Loved the finale. Really liked the way he took responsibility for all of his shit. He knew he was a bad guy, and wanted to make sure the people in his life didn't suffer anymore because of him. Great the way he set everyone up with the best case scenario - The club was set up with the Irish to do the guns, Diosa, etc.. Nero and Wendy got out, Wendy will have the $ from the houses and garage, and the kids got out.
- Charlie Hunnam's Hottest 'Sons of Anarchy' Nude & Shirtless Moments Through the Years -
- R538, I don't think Jax driving into a semi is over-the-top when you put it into the context of that's how his father died as well. The sins of the father are visited upon the son. That is poetic, it's not over-the-top.
- I agree, R546
- I liked it too; I thought it circled back to the original episode when his son was born and he was examining what type of person he wanted to be. Like someone else said, he took responsibility for the things he did and acknowledged that you never be an outlaw and a good father/husband. I initially thought killing Gemma was a bit unnecessary since he could have sent her packing, but it makes sense in the context that he had to be sure she was out of his kids' lives for good.
I think the thing that bothered me that was that there were all these other stories that seemed to have importance but ultimately amounted to nothing. Chib's relationship with the crazy cop, the attention to Brooke & Rat and all the attention to who the rat was given that they suspected Barosky right off. Plus, the nazi/irish/black conflict stuff felt like territory they'd covered before.
I'm guessing that he doesn't take feedback well, but it seems like Sutter could use a good editor to cut to the good stuff and leave the uneccessary scenes with people like Michelle Lea for the extras reel on the DVD.
- That suicide-by-truck was the worst CGI I have seen in a long time. Totally took me out of the moment. I've honestly seen more realistic effects in Syfy Movies.
The oldest Jax kid is a straight up dead-eyed psycho. What a little freak.
Enough with the Christ imagery, Sutter. We fucking get it! No need to rape us with it.
So basically the Teller presidency is going to go down as the most brutal and blood drenched period in SAMCRO's history. Nice legacy there. All your Christ posing and angsting isn't going to change any of that, Jax.
I don't see an Emmy in this season for anyone, although I'm sure Sutter will go mad attempting to buy one for his wife (and then throw a public tantrum when she doesn't win)
- Jimmy Smits needs an Emmy big time. This last season was his and his alone.
- [quote]So basically the Teller presidency is going to go down as the most brutal and blood drenched period in SAMCRO's history. Nice legacy there. All your Christ posing and angsting isn't going to change any of that, Jax.
Did you even watch the show? When did anyone say or even infer that his "Christ posing and angsting" was going to change anything?
- R549, I really find it hard to stomach people like you. So much odd, misplaced anger and bitterness.
Have a cocktail..
- Actually, r550, I stand corrected. You're absolutely right. Jimmy Smits did excellent work this season and definitely deserves a nomination.
- R533 had a cocktail! Cheers!
- The stunt team got nominated for a SAG. Never really thought about the stunts on SoA before, but good for them.
r533, what are you on about?
- ^ I meant r554, I swear!
- LOL R556, you really DID have that cocktail! (or two!)
So bummed it's over.. Really enjoyed this thread and everyone posting.
- There's a theory that Gemma didn't actually die.
I kinda believe it.
- R558, eh? It's OVAH! Of course she did.
- Yeah, totally agree R549, that CGI of the truck was incredibly cheap looking. For a show of that caliber, it should have looked almost real.
I really wonder what the budgets are on these basic cable shows and how much the actors really make after seeing that didn't have the budget to make that scene more realistic.
- I didnt love the final but it didn't suck like Lost. I think Sutter is attached to the characters of Emma and Jax and wanted them to go out on their own terms which was kind of a cop out.
- i totally missed why Happy got shot in the arm...what was that about?
- R562 to make it look as if he scuffled with Jax; to cover up the fact that they let him walk.
- Plus r562, it looked as though Happy was okay with it; like he knew what the plan was ahead of time. I'll miss my Happy. He was quite an underrated character and even his portrayer, David Labrava, had an unusual look to him, Lord have mercy, there was just something about him that was sooo hot. I've had my share of j/o fantasies regarding Mr. Labrava.
- I loved the final 2 episodes. Like Jax said- In the end the bad guys lose. How cool was it that Michael Chiklis (from THE SHIELD), played the truck driver that told Gemma she couldn't park at the truck stop, and who was driving the truck that Jax purposely crashed into to commit suicide?
- Happy (Dave Labrava) is member of the Hells Angels
Labrava was hired to be the Technical Advisor for Sons of Anarchy and then was cast as Happy; he has been with the show since its inception in 2008. He also co-wrote Season 4/Episode 10, titled "Hands".
Labrava writes a column in the national hot rod magazine, 'Ol Skool Rodz, called "Burnin' Rubber with Jimmy Carbone". He is credited as Dave "D.L." Labrava. Before that he used to write for the Horse Motorcycle magazine and built a bike that made the cover in March 2001.
He also owns a tattoo shop called "Evil Ink" located in Oakland, California, a film company called "Artful Dodger Filmworks", and his own clothing line called "DOGKULCHA" which benefits animal rescue.