- Love it! This should have been the albums first single.
- For some reason I thought this album was already out
- I am literally crying......I have been obsessed with this song in my head since I had her perform it fabulously (no surprises BA) at the iTunes music festival.
Where the fuck is Katy Perry now? Get back in your hole
and die bitch.
I love my mummy monster.
- It sounds as bad as the other song. Gaga has LOST IT!
- I like it. Cool 80s vocals and electronic sound, but I can't see radio stations playing this.
- Agree with R5, she's lost the ability to write pop hits.
- Gaga is going to slay y'all! "Applause" was OK but the other singles we've heard so far are AMAZING and she's about to reclaim her pop Queendom. Bye Perry...so long peasant Shitney, and time to put Vadge in a nursing home.
- Lady Gaga is Queen of Pop. She is the Meryl Streep. Lady Gaga reigns supreme at the top. It took her 3-5 years. Britney who?? Madonna who?? Katy who?? Lady Gaga is the number one female artist on the planet. She fucking rocks.
- I bet Katy Perry is worried. Would love to see her terrified pussy lips quivering now. GAGA is back bitches!!!!!!
- Gaga gets a ton of hate from Tumblr Social Justice Warriors. They all despise her, especially the non-white ones. I guess she's been on their shit list since the pink burqa incident, because hijabis are sacred to cultural leftists.
- Things is, GAGA be so dignified and polite us monsters got to have her back. Well we got it Momma monster, we got it!!
- Totally agree with R8. Applause was pretty good, but nothing in comparison to the other songs that have either been released, or were played at the iTunes show a few months back. I like all her songs beside "Swine".
Artpop, Sexxx Dreams, I Wanna Be With You and Do What You Want are all fucking excellent. I didn't think she would be able to outdo The Fame Monster, but I think this album will do it.
- [quote]Agree with [R5], she's lost the ability to write pop hits.
"Do What U Want" just went #1 in every country on iTunes last night in under 24 hrs, hon. She knows how to write a hit. "Do What U Want" is only a promotional single too. The second single is released later this week.
- I have to agree with R5 and R7. Many of her first songs had pretty, frothy, attractive melodies and were filled with hooks. Then 'Born This Way' had a few genuinely great moments, but was mostly noise... And now, this. Everything I have heard so far from this album is below mediocrity, and I don't see it being played on the radio or being listened to in ten years time.
She peaked during the 'Fame Monster' period, and hasn't been able to reach the heights of 'Bad Romance' and 'Dance in The Dark' and 'Telephone' ever again. Which is too bad, because she seemed like a truly creative songwriter. Now she is just a walking gimmick pretending to be all "artistic" and "shocking" just for the sake of it.
- This is actually good!
- To each his own, r15.
- I heard the song.
It is sad to see Lady Gaga sliding down this long hill into ignominity. I think of her and I think of all of the greats who had their day in the sun from Elton and Stevie Wonder, to Carly Simon and Janet Jackson.
Nothing lasts forever, but I'm particularly surprised at how far and how quickly she has fallen. She looks and sounds like an imitation of what she once promised.
- R18, she's number one on iTunes. How do you figure that she's fallen?
- [quote] I think of her and I think of all of the greats who had their day in the sun from Elton and Stevie Wonder, to Carly Simon and Janet Jackson.
I want to thank you for my first genuine spittake when I read "Janet Jackson" and "all of the greats" in the same sentence.
Good grief, she's an abominable lip-syncher who cannot sing. At all.
- Bitch Frau number 20 can't deal with the fact that pop has moved on since Madonna was deflowered.
Get over yourself.
GAGA is here to say. You can bully her all you want. But she will be dignified and graceful to the trolls.
You should be ashamed of yourself. She's been through hell and back.
Stick your paws up if you back our mommy monster!!!!
- R20, I only said that because I didn't want Janbot coming after me with a knife and a pipebomb. Of course we all know Janet sucks.
- Well, R21, we certainly HOPE she regain some of her lustre, but frankly it does not look very favorable to her any longer based on what she is currently turning out. But let's keep our fingers crossed for her.
- Janet Jackson has more hit songs wrapped around her little finger than Madonna or Lady Gaga. So, top that!
- Yes, and around the other 9 big fat fingers, too!
- At this point Gaga's just preaching to the choir. Her pop culture moment has come and gone. Little Ghouls are too delusional to realize it yet.
- [quote] want to thank you for my first genuine spittake when I read "Janet Jackson" and "all of the greats" in the same sentence
Bitch, you can catch a brick and suck a diseased dick. Janet has more #1 R&B hits than any female save Aretha, more than her brother MJ, and is one of the architects of modern dance pop. Choke on whatever the fuck it is you're drinking.
[quote]Of course we all know Janet sucks.
Your mother sucks Cocks. Lots of 'em.
Janet is QUEEN, and those of you who can't take it will have a seat and deal.
Oscar nominated, Grammy-winning, multiple-platinum album-selling QUEEN Janet
- Oh,that was good. Very different
- Bad Romance was her pop culture peak.
- Big Fat Monster.
- But how does she compare to Miley? Will she be able to beat Miley?
- Miley is null and void.
- Lady Gaga actually sing. She'll always have that.
- r33 What's that like?
- It has a Blondie feel to it.
- [quote]Janet Jackson has more hit songs wrapped around her little finger than Madonna or Lady Gaga. So, top that!
McDonald's sells millions of burgers a year. All made from shit.
- [quote]McDonald's sells millions of burgers a year. All made from shit.
Same goes for all of Madonna's highest grossing tours. They're all made from shit. You said it.
- Shut-up, r36! You think you're so smart.
- r37 Not clever. Just desperate.
- Yeah, R37, that was a pretty lame retort. What is next? I'm rubber and you are glue...?
- R34/R36 has a real bug up her ass about Janet. Such a nobody.
Stay pressed, whore. You'll NEVER be me--JJ
- You're desperate, r39.
- r39 No one cares about that talentless old whore any more. Lady Gaga is the reigning Queen of Pop.
- [quote]...Janet. Such a nobody.
No bitch. You are the desperate nobody. Now go crawl back into the basement of your mother's roach-infested section 8 tenement.
- r41 Why would anyone want to be a fat, has-been, used up old piece of irrelevant pop trash with a fucked up family and big sloppy garbage tits who can't sing?
- Stupid, r46.
- [quote]Janet Jackson has more hit songs wrapped around her little finger than Madonna or Lady Gaga
List Janet's hit songs... also, Lady Gaga has only been out for 5 years.
- [quote]At this point Gaga's just preaching to the choir. Her pop culture moment has come and gone. Little Ghouls are too delusional to realize it yet.
lmao. Okay, gramps.
- [quote]Big Fat Monster.
Yep, she posted that herself yesterday.
- Tell me Janet isn't amazing...dumb bitches.
- R43 and posters like you, we fuckin' get it! You love Lady Gaga. There's no need to lay it on so thick. Quit embarrassing yourselves. You're worse than some of the twihards.
We also fucking get that you despise Madonna which is fine. But, stop embarrassing yourself by suggesting no one is interested in her. Did she pay people to fill up stadiums in her sold-out hugely successful tour? No.
Madonna tries too hard these days, her face is a mess right now and all the airbrushing in the world won't make her look 30 or even 40 again nor having a decades-younger boyfriend.
But, she earned that title by making hugely successful albums over decades followed by world tours that sold out time and time again. Longevity seems to be a concept you don't understand. You can't be the Queen of anything if you can't sustain it. Come back in 10 years to scream Queen of Pop if she's still around and selling which I doubt she'll be. That would be Lady Gaga.
How old is Lady Gaga? I think she's mid-twentyish although she could pass for ten years older. She wanted fame. She got it. Her schtick got old very quickly. She can bare her stretchmarked tits 'til the cows come home, wear various animals flesh dresses indefinitely but it won't make up for her spectacularly mediocre talent. Although, to be fair, if I only listened to Katy Perry and the like, Lady Gaga would seem good in comparison.
When the bar is set so low, people can actually say Lady Gaga is a singer. Beyonce is a singer. Brandy is a vocalist. Lady Gaga isn't even a Beyonce but people flaunt the fact that she writes her own music. Nothing to scream about IMAO. She writes her own shit. Literally. Big fucking deal. She's rich. Good for her, she got rich selling shit looking like a dressed up nerd. She's got a geek vibe. She tries too hard. If she would write decent songs and sing them or sell them to real singers who would sing them, I'd have more respect for her. She's mediocre but mediocrity sells as Britney can attest too. How much money did she make lip-syncing at worldwide tours?
I find it remarkable that LG is more attractive bare-faced looking like a guy than as a girl in makeup. To thine own self be true but in Lady Gaga's case, it's do as I say not as I do since she went under the knife more than once.
I don't know what she'll do next to get attention. Perhaps masturbate on a horse, who knows.
- Once again, Gaga got the timings all wrong here, the snippet sounds very cool and it is very catchy, but sorry that's a summer tune, she should release it earlier, it will not work very well in the winter time. Guess she didn't learn anything from "Born this way" when she completely messed up the singles' releases.
- Miley is beating all these bitches.
- r52 Bitch, please. Lady Gaga fears no one. She doesn't give a shit about Vegas act Madonna. Lady Gaga has an amazing voice, something Madonna NEVER had. LOL. Lady Gaga has dethroned that street corner skank. It took her 3-5 years.
ARTPOP is already #1 in more countries than Madonna. Yup, Queen of Music.
- [quote]Why would anyone want to be a fat, has-been, used up old piece of irrelevant pop trash with a fucked up family and big sloppy garbage tits who can't sing?
It's funny you signed your post as "Britney Spears", because that description suits Miss Spears to a T.
But, Britney, since you asked why anybody would want to be Queen Janet, why don't you take a look at this video of you--the Number One Janet Imitator...
Reality hurts like a mother
- r56 Yes. It's called irony. Grab a dictionary when they let you out of the straightjacket on visitor's day.
- Doesn't R56 sound deranged with all of his LOL's and LMFAO things that he constantly throws into his posts? Is she typing from an asylum?
I'm LOLing all over MFA!
- Queen of Pop!
- [quote] Lady Gaga has an amazing voice, something Madonna NEVER had.
I can think of someone much, much worse.
- r59 Janet's lost weight.
Looking good girl!
- [quote]List Janet's hit songs
Some of you dumb bitches just make this shit too easy.
-Janet has 10 Hot 100 #1s:
When I Think of You (made her the youngest artist since Little Stevie Wonder to hit #1 on the Hot 100)
Miss You Much
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
That's The Way Love Goes (Grammy winner; #1 for 8 weeks; longest-running #1 of anyone in her family)
Again (Academy Award and Golden Globe nominee)
Together Again (huge worldwide hit)
Doesn't Really Matter (made Janet the first female to score a #1 in the '80s, '90s and 2000s)
All For You (spent 7 weeks at #1; longest-running Hot 100 #1 of 2001; took a decade for its most-spins-at-radio record to be beaten--by Gaga's "Born This Way")
Most of the above songs have been covered, sampled or remade in some way by everyone from Shitney Spears to Robyn to N'SYNC.
-Aretha Franklin is the only female with more R&B #1s than Janet. Janet is fifth on the list of artists with the most R&B #1s, behind Aretha, Stevie Wonder, Louis Jordan and James Brown.
-Janet was the first female to enter the top ten of the Hot 100 chart with her 1995 hit "Runaway". The single entered at #6 and peaked at #3.
--Janet also has a career high of 23 top-10 hits on the Hot 100, 27 top-10 hits on the Hot R&B chart, and 24 top-10 hits on the Hot Dance/Club Play chart. She is the first and only artist in history to produce seven top five hits from one album (Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814).
And you were fucking saying...?
- Thank you, R61! I be workin my new album that I be talkin about for the past 8 years, so you keep you eye out for it, ya hear?!
- R62 fell for it AGAIN!
Mentally ill people are so predictable.
- Dull, dull, dull.
The only people I can see caring about her is her core fanbase.
4 albums and she's irrelevant. Good bye, good riddance.
- [quote]Janet's lost weight. Looking good girl!
Don't she, though...?
- [quote]Aretha Franklin is the only female with more R&B #1s than Janet.
Janet has beaten Aretha is the race for grossest tits in the music industry.
- r64 Pavlov's dog laughs at her.
- [quote]Doesn't R56 sound deranged with all of his LOL's and LMFAO things that he constantly throws into his posts?
Fail! Who LOL'd? Not I, sayeth the Janbot. I'm not only embarrassed BY you, R58, but I'm embarrassed FOR you.
- [quote]Janet has beaten Aretha is the race for grossest tits in the music industry.
Nice try dipshit, but I don't think so...
- R66 's photo of Janet is so old it has yellowed into Sepia. When was that taken? The 70s before she turned into swine?
- So funny, r60...that I forgot to laugh.
- [quote]R66's photo of Janet is so old it has yellowed into Sepia. When was that taken?
It was actually taken in Feb 2013, shithead. This one was in Cannes in May...
Love taking the dumbasses to school
- Janet Jackson is about as relevant to the music scene as Melba Moore.
- Janet and Elton sangin' "I Know the Truth" from AIDA...
- r74 Fuck you, bitch!
- Sure R73,, the date was written in invisible ink that only you can see with your magic Cracker Jack goggles. You are a pathetic mental case.
Go post your photos, all of them. It only confirms that you a mentally defective OCD case.
- R74, tell that stupidity to the many current pop acts who not only STILL cover and sample her music, but also emulate her various looks, video treatments, dance routines, stage routines...
Dumb fucks like R74 deserve to be smacked dead in their stupid faces
- Yeah, R78. Glad to see you are still posting the same dated shit you posted last month and the month before that. Have you nothing new lie to us about? Go ahead, make something up before your medicine kicks in.
- [quote]Sure R73, the date was written in invisible ink that only you can see with your magic Cracker Jack goggles.
Ahhh...I just LOVE getting you all riled up!
Any idiot with a computer (that would be you) can go to Google and put in 'Janet Jackson amfaR 2013' and see the dates for both the awards photo and the Cannes photo. It's funny how you keep spouting off about "mental cases" and "straight jackets", because your dogged determination to paint me as crazy just shines the looney-bag light that much brighter on yourself. That, and the fact that you follow me around to EVERY thread where Janet is mentioned just to make your stinking presence known to me. You are truly my #1 fan.
Janbot is King, Janet is Queen, the haters are our court jesters
- Janbot---you are the mental case who always falls for it. You are like a little fly getting its wings pulled off.
- [quote]Dumb fucks like R74 deserve to be smacked dead in their stupid faces
Seriously, you're very, very sick threatening violence because people don't have the same sick obsession with Janet Jackson that you share.
In fact, several of your twisted posts allude to violence as a remedy for those who don't worship Janet Jackson. Granted, this board is anonymous and your chain is constantly being yanked just to watch you become unhinged with your ridiculous rants, but you need to get a hold of yourself.
You're amusing at times with your nonsense but your violent statements are beyond disturbing.
- R79 is TRULY, and I do mean TRULY, a sad, sad loser. A worthless piece of shit that somehow manages to pass itself off as a human being. It's over in the other Gaga thread demeaning her there, just as it's trying to demean Janet here. Seems that he has something in common with that osteoporosis-laden whore he worships, Madonna--neither of them can stand women who are more talented than her.
- Unclench and breathe MARY at R82. A smack in the face is hardly a drive-by.
- I like it but she still needs some fierce remixes. This is the kind of album that will benefit from multiple DJs adding their own interpretation to her artpop.
- [quote] Any idiot with a computer (that would be you) can go to Google and put in 'Janet Jackson amfaR 2013'
Only an idiot would search Google for that.
- OMG, R83 feels it is necessary to capitalize "truly" twice. Can Janbot make herself appear any sillier and dismissable?
But please Janbot, we miss your LOLs and LMAO peppering of your posts. They were so fresh and original, please bring them back.
- [quote]Only an idiot would search Google for that. Congratulations!
Awww...I love you too, boo.
- [quote]OMG, R83 feels it is necessary to capitalize "truly" twice. Can Janbot make herself appear any sillier and dismissable?
This from someone who began a post with the detestable "OMG"? That shit is sooooo 2007. You are the epitome of failure.
Listen, I know you don't have any friends, but certainly there's at least someone in your family who can stand your presence?
- Wing #1!
- Is Janet Jackson still in that sham marriage to the Middle Eastern terrorist who let his employee get raped and the poor woman was then jailed for allowing herself to get raped?
Janet Jackson is an absolute disgrace. And she can't sing.
- Is Crazy Paris still on suicide watch? Poor thing. She's so 2012.
- r93. Fuck her. Where's my box of Tastykakes?
- I am not really a fan, but at least she is one of the few female pop stars that can sing and play instruments.
- [quote]Gaga got the timings all wrong here, the snippet sounds very cool and it is very catchy, but sorry that's a summer tune, she should release it earlier
It's not a single. She's leaking tracks off the album every week up to the album debut date.
[quote]4 albums and she's irrelevant. Good bye, good riddance.
2 albums so far, and her upcoming one will sell loads. Goodbye and good riddance to your youth, grandpa.
- R94, I'd be crazy too if I knew that in a good 20 years I stood a good chance of looking like Debbie Rowe.
- She only has 2 albums out???
Holy shit! That's all? All this fuss about 2 albums and a failed tour?
- Is Janbot a performance act? How this thread went from being about Gaga to being about Janet Jackson so fast, so completely, and without reservation is quite something to behold
- r98, stick to trolling the other Gaga thread. I'm surprised you didn't make a reply with the word "redundant" in it again.
- She does it every single time. She just invades threads and starts calling people names. She really needs to be banned.
The Fame Monster
Born This Way
Were you being sarcastic with your comment? Or are you a Little Monster who can't count?
- I wonder what the second single will be. Probably Manicure or Swine, but I'd put my money on Manicure. It's the more radio-friendly of her iTunes festival stuff.
- R100, if I'm not mistaken, YOU have been the only person to mention Madonna in this entire thread. You see Madbots and GaBots under every bed and behind every drape.
You really should get some help with your damaged self. You are spiraling out of control and into ever-lasting mental oblivion.
- r102, technically r96 is right. She only has two albums (so far).
Fame Monster, even if it was her magnum opus, was an EP. Artpop hasn't be released yet.
So The Fame and Born This Way are her only albums.
- Interesting, R105. Thanks for the explanation. It does seem like a technicality more than anything since TFM got quite the fanfare upon release. I don't care for Gaga, but I'd say Bad Romance is when she was at her peak: making fun, silly pop tunes.
However, going by R102, the point only makes Gaga's career more dire: ONLY two albums and already irrelevant! It took Madonna (if she ever became irrelevant), Britney, Xtina and the other poptarts way more albums to reach the point Gaga has.
- I haven't liked any of the three Artpop leaks/releases, nothing I've heard yet warrants her hype. Could she really be "over" now? Will radio shrug indifferently like I have?
- WTF this thread is NOT about Vadge or Janet. Stop mentioning those old, non-singing old women. This is about Lady Gaga, QUEEN of pop.
Her second single will be "Venus" btw.
- As a 23 year old MoNSTER who loves his momma like no other (Applause bitches) and just oozes fabulousness I can tell you all this: no one knows who the fuck Janet Jackson is. I saw her do a tribute for the KING of pop Michael (RIP) in 2009 but bar that nothing. GAGA has done so much more. Love her, lick her hips bitches you got nothing on her haha!!!
MJ is looking down from heaven waiting for GAGA to die so they can sing together in heaven. GAGA is his TRUE musical sister and Janet knows this. Sometimes I feel for her. Paris and Janet KNOW THIS
Can you imagine a MJ GAGA duet? I'm literally crying and having difficulty breathing!
My paws are up GAGA and they always will be for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Those aren't your paws, R40. Those are your tiny clenched fists having an epileptic fit as you try to capitalize as many words in a post as you possibly can. You are so cute with your widdle tiny angry fists!
- Are you stans joking? This song is simply average at best. I have yet to hear a song from this album that makes me go "Wow!". All of the songs so far are slow and boring. There's nothing high-energy yet.
- [quote]The Fame The Fame Monster Born This Way Applause
The Fame Monster is an EP.
- R111 is right. They all seem vaguely misdirected for some reason, particularly this last song with its 1,2,3,4 boom-boom base and absolutely SLUGGISH tempo.
- [quote]I wonder what the second single will be. Probably Manicure or Swine, but I'd put my money on Manicure. It's the more radio-friendly of her iTunes festival stuff.
- [quote]Could she really be "over" now?
As in "over" you mean a money machine and one of the most powerful people in the world, then yes, she's over.
- [quote]Is Janbot a performance act? How this thread went from being about Gaga to being about Janet Jackson so fast, so completely, and without reservation is quite something to behold
Why thank you very much. The trolls/Janet haters quiver in their holey socks whenever I intervene. I do give that piss-yellow thing at R81/R87/R91/R98, etc., credit for his bravery and insistence on going toe-to-toe with me, but, as is clear by this thread, he made quite the fool of himself and ultimately ended up losing a fighting battle. Alas, this thread never would have become a Janet thread if the shithead I just mentioned had just left well enough alone. He should just give up and admit that the taste of Janet's name on his lips is sweeter than nectar.
- [quote]She does it every single time. She just invades threads and starts calling people names. She really needs to be banned.
Aww...is the poor widdle baby finally admitting defeat? I'm glad you gave up while you still have some semblance of self respect.
Janbot, laughing his ass off
- [quote]Is Janet Jackson still in that sham marriage to the Middle Eastern terrorist who let his employee get raped and the poor woman was then jailed for allowing herself to get raped?
What a vicious thing to say! Janet Jackson would never involve herself with a crazy guy.
- r117 Seriously, you've devoted your existence to pathologically defending the dubious career of Janet Jackson in a near-Autistic manner and you deem to criticize someone else's self respect?
You're a joke. And you're the only one who doesn't realize it, which makes you both hilarious and tragic, the definition of "ill queen."
- I honestly didn't known Janet Jackson was ever a legitimate thing until I came on DL. I remember her singing a song in a Nutty Professor movie, and that's about it. So, obviously there's quite the music legacy there. I don't care about Madonna either, but I knew of her even when I was a little kid.
- Um, excuse me R119 but, who are you again? Did I direct anything to you in any of my previous posts? No? Ok.
It's hilarious how my conversation with someone else (!) has gotten your panties in such a wad, R119. It's also hilarious AND tragic that you take such things (a fan defending a favorite singer) SO seriously. Unclench, bitch. Get a job. Get a hobby. Get a life.
That said it all. Poor thing. Come out from under that rock, kid.
- [quote]I honestly didn't known Janet Jackson was ever a legitimate thing until I came on DL.
Now that is truly sad. You are so limited. Where do you come from, Timbuktu?
- I find it funny that the Madonna stan/troll at R101 et., al. has a thread on one of the very last pages here on DL called "How Often Do You Change Your Underwear?", and then goes on to admit that if he uses wipes he can wear his drawers for about a week. As if everything in this thread alone didn't speak to his lack of sanity, that little tidbit of info [italic]certainly[/italic] did.
- [quote]the dubious career of Janet Jackson
Dubious? Bitch, please. Janet was one of the reigning queens of pop from the late '80s through the '90s and into the 2000s. She drug Madonna by her black roots with one hand while holding her two landmark recording contracts in the other hand. She set the benchmark for the female singer/dancer in music videos that the likes of Beyonce, Ciara, Rihanna, Britney, Kelly Rowland, etc. are following to this day. The only dubious thing is your (guffaw) intelligence.
- r120 You're filibustering, as always.
Defend your tragic life, devoted to the minutiae and trivia of a 50-year-old faded and talentless pop star as an anonymous sad sack on an Internet message board.
You're just so pathetic and tragic. No life, no esteem. Your only accomplishment is reciting the "accomplishments" of someone else. A babbling mental patient who can't even care to craft her own queeny life and lives vicariously via an unwanted has-been celebrity.
How does that make you feel? Like shit?
- What R126 said.
- R120 and you must be very white, like middle american-no-one-in-my-small-town-is-black kind of white. I'm in my twenties too and obviously grew up hearing Janet's music. Let me guess-when people ask you your favorite r&b singers, you'll say Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake.
- r128 No, I'd say Janelle Monae. And I wasn't trying to make a dig, I was just being honest. Janet Jackson was never on my radar outside of being Michael's sister.
- [quote] Janet Jackson was never on my radar outside of being Michael's sister.
Such a liar. And a horrible one at that.
- Please. Anyone who is older than 20 knows who Janet Jackson is, unless that person intentionally avoids black celebs. She's one of the most famous women of the last 28 years.
- What R131 said.
- Can we not discuss Janet in this thread? It's about Gaga
- I was actually just thinking that, r133, and why all the Gaga threads end up being about someone else. Then I realised that it's because there isn't really much to say about Gaga and her music. She tries, in her appearance, to be as shocking as possible yet her music is just standard, generic pop meh. But, since there's such an obvious marketing push to make her seem like this great pop cultural figure, she of course gets compared to other pop cultural figures. Then all the respective fans come out.
But, really, what exactly is there to say about Gaga's music: some say "it's great!" others say "it's meh", but beyond that there's nothing much to say.
I was also wondering what the point of having singles these days is.
- Her next single "Venus" will be out at 12:01 AM EST. Just a little more than an hour!
- Wow that sucks. I haven't heard a single track from this album I enjoy. Believe it or not, I think Miley Cyrus has the best female pop album out right now. Miley isn't as good a performer as Gaga, but the music is miles above better than anything I've heard from Gaga's latest album. At least Gaga and Madonna have something in common now... once great pop artists who are now boring and unimaginative.
The only ones and I mean the ONLY ones who will like ArtPop are psychotic Gaga fans who are part of her loser brigade. The same fans that are destroying her mass appeal. Keep killing your idol, fan girls.
- Lady Gaga has seem to make no bones about her ultimate goal being Fame. Her talent was just a means to that end. And her ability to mimic the sound and trajectory of other artists careers is her art. She isn't doing anything that someone else hasn't done before her. The only difference is she is doing it now and they're not. She and her team have modernized a very familiar sound following a very well worn path. Artpop? Blondie anyone? There is nothing to discuss about her because she has already achieved her ultimate goal. All there's left to do is enjoy her, for now.
As a matter of fact are there any artist today that seem remotely true to themselves, or are they just true to an idea of themselves that will bring them fame?
- The voice is all Blondie and the music is all Depeche Mode.
The phrasing and sound of, "just do that thing you do, and I'll undress you." Is straight out of Madonna's playbook.
- [quote]The only ones and I mean the ONLY ones who will like ArtPop are psychotic Gaga fans who are part of her loser brigade.
While your entire post reeks of bitterness and vitriol, that particular sentence is especially ridiculous. How silly of you to think that only her hardcore fanbase will like the album. The songs released so far have gotten great reviews, particularly the R&B flavored "Do What U Want". The fact that you think that Rhi Rhi wannabe Miley Cyrus--who is the EPITOME of unoriginal and unimaginative-- has any song better than a Gaga track shows that you're not playing with a full deck.
- Comparing Lady Gaga to Janet Jackson or Madonna is stupid. Lady Gaga's style is very.....avangart with many musical influences such as new wave, rock, R&B and Classical Music. Madonna use to be the wild card like "Gaga" constantly changing her look and style on each project. I think that's where the public has gotten wrong when comparing them both. Gaga changes all the time constantly, Madonna changed on each album but kept the theme of her styles from those projects consistent. But, now she's stuck in this weird electro club phase. Janet was on a roll from the mid 80's through the 90's but what Janet lacked was an icon fashion sense of style! Janet has very few Iconic looks/fashion statements when compared to both Gaga and Madonna. However! Janet has had alot of memberable music videos, certain songs that HIT and corereography that helped solidify her as an icon.....well that and the fact that her brother was and still is "The King of Pop"
- Oh and By The Way Ya'll!!
"Do What You Want" is Banging!!! Her and R.Kelly's vocals are Strong! The song kinda reminds me/mimics the weird pairing of Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald in the 80's. It's all odd but it some how works.
- sigh...why is Lady Gaga kinda flopping? "Applause" is a hit, though not a #1.
The promotional single "Do What U Want" did well last week but fell quickly this week.
The second single "Venus" hit #2 on itunes briefly and is already down to #16? I don't understand.
- flop is over! "Dope" is at #1 on itunes! Gaga queen of pop!
- I downloaded the album when it leaked on Saturday, and I really, REALLY like it. Dope, G.U.Y., Gypsy, Do What U Want, and Sexxx Dreams are standouts. I think she'll win everyone back over with this one, because it's very good.
- I can't wait to get it next Monday.
- Nothing truly stands out as a great song on the album, only those with fickle, impressionable minds will think the album is "great". And I speak as a fan of her previous music as well.