- I've never really had an opinion on Goop one way or the other, but her take down is going to be epic. I can't wait. OP, you're right... don't fuck with Anna.
- What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?
- What is that HORRIBLE white dress she's wearing in linked photos??
Those bust cups have no relationship to her titties.
- Isn't this just evil marketing for that movie on sex addiction she's got out soon?
Don't like Goop one bit, but this out of nowhere could be movie promotion and not much else.
- Agreed, R3, the tittays look saggy and tiny (she's had them done since) and the skirt poofs out to make her look pregnant or - so much worse - fat.
- I agree with R3 and R5. That dress makes her look pregnant.
- How does Wintour figure into this?
Sorry, I can only bear to follow goop's adventures on here. Without your collective invective she's boring as a bag of hammers.
- [quote]What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?
I was the source!
- Of all her movies, the only one i like is sliding doors.
I haven't seen anything of hers in donkey years, not even the one that she won an oscar for.
- R7, Wintour throws the Met Gala every year. Paltrow trashed it - publicly.
- So Anna calls Graydon and Graydon unleashes a typist?
- Really, this has nothing to do whatsoever with the sex addiction flick? Because in the end, what matters is the money coming in.
- VF and Vogue are both Conde Nast publications. The Met Gala is a Conde Nast event almost as much as it's a Vogue event.
- A notorious control freak who has gone to great lengths to show the world that she has the best in everything is not willingly going to let the mask drop so quickly. WITH someone else doing the takedown, to boot. Can you honestly picture Gwyneth agreeing to have some magazine smear her image?
- Her image is a mixed bag at best. Although she won't know that.
- Oh, God... I smell another UN Humanitarian Ambassadress coming on.
- Yawn! Soffer fucked everybody before he married Elle. Goop would be one of a long list, who cares? And a "married literary agent"...are you kidding me, that's it? Christ she can't even fuck around with any flair. Wake me when its all over, I'm falling asleep here.
- Goopy wants this story to break because she's trying to sexualize her image. Years ago, Goopy was talking in interviews about how smooth her waxed pussy feels and recently she talked about how she now has a "70s vibe going on down there." She's a desperate hag and she's for this "smear" as long as it's publicity.
- Goop's mistake was an amateur one: Anna Wintour is a Scorpio.
- Ah, thank you R18. I think this is right. Those who handle Goop want her image to be sexualized. That's it, folks!
- [quote}What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?
She posing with her in photographs like this. Gwyneth posted this two weeks ago on her FB page.
- She just doesn't have sex appeal. Like Nicole Kidman. The sex goddess bypassed them.
- Even if this is true, big deal. Chris has cheated on her ass who knows how many times, and publicly with Kate Bosworth.
- True, R23, Martin has always fucked around on her. But it's Goop's image that's supposed to be little miss perfect, not his. He's not a movie star.
Whether by accident, design or revenge, it makes her look bad so I'm all for it.
- [quote]Of all her movies, the only one I like is sliding doors.
- OP, you a sick little pathetic wimpy shitstain.
- Gwen didn't fuck anyone, not even her husband. She's a sexless braindead bimbo that even famewhore Louise Ciccone has no patience for.
- Thanks Goop, or friend of Goop, at R26.
Btw, it's "you are" or "you're" that you were looking for in that post of yours.
- According to Page 6, the VF article also will delve into the details of her falling out with Madonna.
- What issue? December?
- What kind of name is Blythe?
- Old English, R31.
- The photo of her and Blythe at r21 is a very old one.
So....where are recent photos? I think Blythe steers clear.
- I don't think Blythe steers clear. If she put up with that cunt Bruce Paltrow for all those years, she'll keep right on putting up with Goop.
- Elle McPherson's husband is seriously fug, that nose is terrible.
- Blythe is responsible for raising that spoiled woman, why do people think Blythe is blameless?
- That picture of Goop kissing Chris in the Daily Mail is a fake tv/movie kiss where he is kissing the bottom of her face instead of her lips. Very telling.
- I'm sorry, but no. I take no joy in this smear campaign. Gwyneth is a supercilious ass. But she is relatively harmless. There is nothing to be gained from crushing her. I have always considered her a decent actress, and a character.
Sometimes I just shake my head. She reminds me so much of one of those prissy girls in Mary McCarthy's The Group. She is ridiculous. Certainly no achievement to take her down.
You tell me she screwed around? I know for a fact her husband cheats. Often. So maybe there's a double standard operating here.
If they're going to shit on Gwyneth, why not shit on both of them.
Chris certainly deserves to be part of this discussion. And who is advantaged by this? Graydon may sell some magazines, but he is hurting himself long term. This is some low, ugly, unnecessary bullshit.
I know one damned thing. If I Were Gwyneth, I'd fire Kevin Huvane or whoever handles her shit. Why is there a need to embarrass her so publically. I think Graydon Carter is a fucking bully. There's nothing titillating or satisfying about this, IMO.
- I would prefer this happen to somebody like Kanye or Beyoncé or the Kardashian clan. It would be more satisfying.
- R39, Kanye is going to get locked up in a nuthouse eventually, Beyonce is going to come down with hep c, and the Kardashians are all going to get as fat as hogs. Let us enjoy Goop's evisceration and join us.
- lmao, this was the epic take down? I bet you, Chris doesn't even give a fuck, neither does she. But to me it looks like publicity for her new fucking movie. This won't taint her a bit..
- GOOP must have a death wish to cross Madonna AND Anna Wintour.
- How did she cross Madonna?
- "publically", R38? Really? Supercilious and publically in the same post? How truly GOOPy of you.
- r43 You'll have to buy the issue to find out!
- lol, even DailyMail and Star acknowledged the lack of the evidence, you know what that means, it's not going to happen. OP will be thoroughly disappointed.
- Even if its true, people should just ignore VF for taking so long to find out. The lamest form of journalism ever, LOL!
- My goodness, you people are simpletons! While my husband Chris and I have a contemporary relationship in which we're each open to seeking other sexual partners, you think I'd bother with an aging supermodel's hand-me-down? I mean, please. Thanks to constant yoga and vaginal rejuvenation surgery, I have the body of a 25-year-old. As such, I select age-appropriate mid-twentysomething partners. Kellan Lutz? Been there, done him. Huge endowment, but didn't know a *thing* about how to use it until I came along. Robert Pattinson? He got to first base before I discovered a *nasty* case of crotch rot, at which point I sent him packing. Darren Criss? Oh, you silly people who think he's gay ... I can assure you he's not only straight, but one of the most naturally sexually gifted men I've ever met, even with an average-sized penis.
Oh, the stories I could tell ... but I'm waiting to see what garbage Graydon purveys first, and by the way this whole VF escapade is ENTIRELY because I turned him down flat after their Oscar party last spring. I have standards, and a pudgy fiftysomething with terrible hair goes well beyond them.
- I read somewhere Anna Wintour is increasing ticket prices for the next Met Ball, so I guess it was not such a good idea to have Kanye and the Kartrashian clan attending after all.
Wintour should be mad at Goop for wearing that godawful white dress though!
- God dammit, I should have just gone to the clinic.
She was amazing in Proof and Hard Eight, and also in Sylvia, but that movie was a bit meh. In Proof more so than Shakespeare she gave an Oscar worthy performance, but Proof hardly made any money and the Oscars are always about money.
- [quote]Chris certainly deserves to be part of this discussion.
Chris certainly doesn't set himself up as the arbiter of life. That's what this is all about.
She tells people how to dress, how to eat and how to live according to her standards and financial position.
What I find so strange is that no one's told her to shut the fuck up. Clearly that lifestyle website of her's is absurd and patronizing.
A constant displaying of her perfect, privileged life.
Obviously it comes from insecurity. But she needs to get over it and come down to earth.
- [quote]What I find so strange is that no one's told her to shut the fuck up.
Dear, that's because people *adore* my Web site and find GOOP utterly fascinating, not to mention a great benefit to their personal well-being. The only *mild* criticism I've received was in response to my cookbook, since some people couldn't readily obtain some of the ingredients for my recipes, but my response then is the same as now: that's why you *hire* people to handle these tasks. Personally, my various Los Angeles-based staff speak Spanish (obviously), Mandarin, Vietnamese and Japanese, and that gets me through 95% of my dietary needs. The London staff speaks a far greater variety of languages, since it's much more of a melting pot: they know all the subdialects in South Asia, particularly in India and Bangladesh.
- I don't really think it comes from insecurity, R52. That's what makes her so vile to me: she truly feels superior to almost everyone. I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.
- [quote]I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.
How would that make her different from anyone else on social media?
- OP is less than a cunt. He is the prick we used to beat up in gym class until he stopped coming to gym class.
- Right, like you aren't, OP.
- OP if Chris Martin doesn't have a problem with her cheating (he is the hubby after all) why should you or anyone else care?
- this could make a wonderful biopic for my next Oscar vehicle
- [quote]Trainer to the star Tracy Anderson, the best friend of Gwyneth Paltrow, will have nothing to do with a Vanity Fair article on the A list star.
I'm suspicious when someone's best friend is one of their help.
After all that fuss about her sparkling, subject-hopping, intellectual dinner table conversations with her glitteringly brilliant London friends, this article suggests that her best friend is her personal trainer and that she is close friends with dumb as a post Kate Hudson. Her other intimates have included intellectual heavy weights Cameron Diaz, Madonna, Mario Batali, Beyonce, and Jay-Z.
The possibility raised in the Daily Mail of her fucking Salman Rushdie is perhaps not so far-fetched. She may have been under the impression that her waxed?/Seventies Jungle? pussy might absorb a few IQ points.
[quote]“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”
- The fact that she screws around is the least offensive thing I've ever heard about her. She's in show biz. If you're in show biz and you DON'T screw around, people wonder what's wrong with you.
- This is an incredibly tacky gossip website I'm linking to, but this blind item may answer some of the questions about the contents of this VF takedown. If this is true, it explains the Madonna fallout and possibly explains why Tracy Anderson refused to get involved:
- Didn't we read somewhere that GP was borderline retarded? And that her family had trouble keeping her in any school she was so stupid?
- [quote] I haven't seen anything of hers in donkey years, not even the one that she won an oscar for.
R9, I believe you meant "donkey's years"--at least, that's the way my mum says it.
- Hurray for R64!
- I know seven years in a dog year. What do donkeys get?
- Is that TRUE...the 2nd quote @ R60?
I'm going to have to quote it again:-
“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”
It just sounds made up. No one talks like that without risking getting shot.
- SO GOOP tried to put the moves on Guy Ritchie?
- [quote]SO GOOP tried to put the moves on Guy Ritchie?
And the trainer totally talked to VF, hence the publicity plant that she didn't...?
- Paltrow is pretty good movie actor so I don't mind seeing her in movies, but she's certainly not one of my favourite actors. She does have holier than thou-image in her real life, though, and it's annoying, since she seems to have this bitchy side to her as well.
I am a bit two-minded about this VF-article, because it's completely different to have anonymous Hollywood gossip in the net and printing a mean article about someone in one of the most visible magazines in the world.
Her fucking around is not that horrible (and really isn't anyone's business), but one can't deny that, if true, trying to bed Guy Ritchie when he was still married to Madonna was quite mean from Paltrow.
But I can't deny that the whole thing is fascinating, and if Wintour is somehow involved in this even more so.
- Make Gwyneth suffer even more ..... give her NO attention at all and she will whither away .... they should trash running that article.
- [quote] give her NO attention at all and she will whither away
We have NO intention of doing that.
- The funny thing is I always thought Madonna was the guiltier party in their falling out.
- Whatever possessed her to trash the Met Ball? You'd think that after years in H'Wood, she'd have learned to be more circumspect. Huvane and PR can't force her to keep her mouth shut. She's been favorably photographed for covers of both VF and Vogue. You would think she'd want to keep some kind of a cordial relationship with them. Is she just to arrogant to see this?
- This GOOP nickname, she gave it to herself, right? Why, because it just has a unflattering ring to it. What does it mean anyway? Is it just because her initials are GP?
- Some gossip that will NOT be in the article: Goop and Chris were part of a wife-swapping / orgy group a few years back that included Madonna and Guy as well a Sting and Trudie S. (yikes).
Goop started fucking Guy one-on-one, apart from the parties, which Madonna took as a betrayal on both of their parts. She ended her marriage as well as her friendship with Gwen.
The song "She's not me" from Hard Candy was about Gwen stealing her husband.
- R74 She was pissed because Madonna was there and her supposed best friend Beyoncé wasn't giving her the time of day and was too busy chatting it up with the Material Girl.
R69 It could have been someone in Madonna's camp who leaked the information, upon hearing that they were doing the expose on her. Especially if that's the reason for the friendship ending.
I still don't buy that this is all a big publicity ploy. It would also mean that Wintour had no problem with GOOP trashing her beloved Met Costume Ball.
I just think she really stepped into some shit this time.
- Lovely, R76. Give us more.
- I guess it's true that the Guy Ritchie appear must be below the waist.....
- Well r60 I can't take issue with that last quote. Being from New York you could pick just about anyone on a subway that could give you better conversation than 90% of the people in LA.
- I wish it was this easy for me to shame my enemies. Thanks for the info, R76 (Frustrated P.A.). Did Beyoncé and JayZ become one of the replacement couples for Goop and Chris?
- appear = appeal .......sorry.
- It sounds plausible r76 but from what I remember didn't Ritchie leave Madge?
- [quote]“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”
OMG! I never heard that quote. When and where is it from? I can't imagine anyone saying these words that isn't being sarcastic or mocking someone else who is an insufferable snob. Was she drunk? Drugged? Quoting lines from a play? There has to be a back story. If not, I am deeply ashamed on her behalf.
- BTW--I also cringe when GOOP tries to act all gangsta and ghetto. Doesn't she have anyone who can reign her in and keep her from making a fool of herself. No one, NO ONE wants to see a rich, entitled, forty year old, ice queen mommy-frau act all "street."
- I will thoroughly enjoy this takedown--if it is successful (which I doubt.) the thing that has bothered me the most about gwenyth's reign is when the media decided to sell her as this "gorgeous, timeless beauty". And then People names her the "most beautiful in the world". Please. She's barely attractive with a shitload of makeup and good lighting. She's fucking ugly without. Her eyes are spaced like a hammerhead shark. I've seen hotter inbreds.
- This is bullying. You don't like her. You find her pretentious. You think her opinions, and her suggestions, and her newsletter are silly, stupid bullshit. She offends you by existing. And because we are all reasonable people we will find ways to justify how ugly this is getting.
She's the brownnose we all resented in junior high school. She was the first to be "thoughtful" in an ostentatious way, the first with her hand up, the first to "set a good example" for the teacher. She overshares.
She was a Daddy's girl. A spoiled princess of affluent parents in a glamorous line of work. Her family connections, and her own chosen profession enabled her to meet and be around interesting people. Maybe these people would never know or be around her or find her interesting or important except for her associations and her fame. She won an Oscar. But of course she didn't "deserve" it. I guess she must be the very first girl or boy to win an Oscar they didn't deserve.
But she's not a destructive person, not some mass murderer. She's someone we can ignore. Don't like her newsletter? Don't read it. Gwyneth is really no different than millions of self-important people out here.
Everyone, in this age of Facebook & Twitter, and pInterest, and Tumblr, and WTF ever, thinks that every thought, every opinion, every discovery is SO important we have to share it. We start blogs, and we elevate our most banal pronouncements, and yet we zero in on this silly woman, and just because we don't like her.
We glory in her stumbles, her failings, her faults. We sit and watch like spectators at a circus, while some vicious asshole like Graydon Carter decides to publically dismantle her.
Anyone who's ever been bullied knows how this feels. Knows the effect it'll have on her reputation, her family, her friends, her acquaintances, her ability to work. Yes. Because no matter how rich or charmed you life is, people need to work.
She is going to pay a high price for the fact that some people just don't like the silly, pretentious twat. Unlike her Oscar, this, she "deserves." There are SO manye assholes in Hollywood, the Mel Gibsons, and a lot of others who play vicious, destructive games with people's lives, and yet no one ever touches them. No talk of "takedowns" for them.
- Seemed to me Mel Gibson had been taken down quite a few notches.
- Some of your sermon rings true, R87 (though I'd argue there isn't much left to take down of Mel Gibson.)
Above all we live in a world of hyper commoditization. But people have been peeking behind the curtain forever. Now there's just less (no? discretion or limits. Check out the Are there gay royals? thread. Sixty years ago the press wouldn't touch. Today, not so much.
GP was a party to bringing her story to this moment. She'll survive it. She'll have to, it's going to happen, with all the attendant ugly noise, no matter what.
Invading and exposing the lives of others to ridicule is nothing new. All that's changed is the extent. I think it is wrong, how far it goes now, but there's no way to stop it. You can't even wrest decent gun control out of something like Newtown. This is very unimportant and nobody cares about anything except the dirt.
- C'mon R87, take downs are engineered for those who actively elevate themselves above others. Not for mere assholes. It has always been so. It's a universal, primal, human instinct to want to topple those who put themselves on a pedestal. There are many examples of this in every culture, through out history, in literature and even in the Bible.
- R87 makes me feel a lot better. I'll be in great company!
- I want R76 (Frustrated P.A.) to come back and spill more tea.
- [quote]The San Ysidro Ranch is one of my favorite hotels ever (I got married here!). A private and romantic hideaway in Montecito, with 41 cozily and individually decorated guest cottages, it’s perfect for a honeymoon or a special wine tour weekend away
[quote]Among many other things, the ranch is famous for its $130 "Montecito Margarita" made with Don Julio Real Añejo Tequila and Grand Marnier 150th Anniversary.
To go on the world wide web and recommend a place that has drinks that cost $130...is asking for trouble.
It is TOTALLY inappropriate.
Oprah's also someone who loves to share with the world her luxury lifestyle but for some reason it's not so fucking annoying.
I wonder if she'll ever learn to be a little more humble and a lot more discreet. She need to learn to enjoy her privileged life without sticking it under people's noses. You can talk this way with your rich friends but to go on the internet and brag is gross. No wonder people want to take her down a peg.
- I second Apple (R92) on this one.
- This really takes the biscuit:
"This past week, I was very saddened to learn of the death of David Collins, a friend and a real talent. David had a discerning eye and created truly beautiful, inspirational interiors. He was a deeply lovely and thoughtful man."
Followed by a photo & caption:
A custom-made David Collins sconce in my London dining room.
- r84 yes, that is a very real quote from Goop. As outrageous as it is, it's not even the worst one she's ever said - believe it or not.
- Didn't she also have an affair with a famous, overweight, ugly chef?
- r87 get a blog and shut the fuck up already.
- "Didn't she also have an affair with a famous, overweight, ugly chef?"
R97: YES! It is well known, at least in East Hampton, that Goop was having a a very hot rendezvous with Ina Garten and I hope the VF article brings this out.
- The David Collins sconce in Gwyneth's London Dining Room @ link.
Thanks, Gwyneth, I'm gonna get me one as soon as I can get myself down to David's studio. But we've got a Japanese chef in this evening to teach the kids how to make sushi and I'll be picking at all that stuff and then I'll need to spend the next day running it off at the gym.
PLUS my decorator ( a dear, dear friend) will be on the phone most the day picking my brains over the new house in Brentwood (we're moving to LA- I want my kids to spend their days in the sunshine, swimming and picking avocados off the trees).
- r97 yes, with Mario Batali & she did a special with him, traveling to Spain I think.
- If I was Goop, I would be fucking hot young guys on the side, not fugly billionaires.
- Maybe she needs the money, R102.
- Good point, R102. She's already rich so she doesn't need to whore herself for money. That's evidence right there that the gossip is probably false. Now, if she was boinking a hot young thing she'd be toast, because everyone has been wondering all along what she ever saw in fugly Chris Martin.
- Is the thread here also a plant? I read the whole thread and links and I'm looking for the cool, shocking take down of GP. This is totally a PR plant to drum up interest in a quasi-retarded, rich has-been who thinks "how to hard boil an egg" is worthy content of a chic cookbook. A real take down would talk about how two-faced she is, what an eco demon she is, elitist, useless, feckless, just what a rotten human being she is, in such a way that she would no longer create riches for something that doesn't contribute a damn thing. Mock horror at fucking some guy? Really? Why the fuck do I care? Give something truly juicy, or go the fuck home.
She's about my age and I had always liked her until the last few years as I've read things on DL and other media that made me do a 180. What a cunt.
- R104: She had a very strange relationship with her father. She has daddy issues.
- Very strange as in Chinatown strange, R106? That wouldn't surprise me in the least.
- She was sort of an indie band groupie, trying to outdo Winona Ryder at the time of hooking up with CM.
The open relationship/wife swapping/orgy thing makes me think that Goop/Martin/Jay-Z/Beyonce were doing the same kind of thing together with each other. Hence this is why they are not hanging out together anymore.
- I agree with R105 100%. This here is a plant to make GP look interesting, because nobody gives a fuck.
- The Sunday Times Rich List for 2012 pegged their combined wealth at 72ML... about $116 M USD.
Chris Martin has a good bod.
- God no, R108. The idea of ANYONE wanting to fuck Jay-Z is baffling. But Goop? I can't picture it all. I can't see Bey going for boring, milquetoast Martin either.
- I can't see Goop as the horny swapping type. She seems all about putting clothes on, not taking them off.
- She seems to be all about doing what it takes to please the men in her life.
- Agree with R112. She's not sexy in the least. She seems asexual.
- It's like she's not even trying to seem innocent.
- Bullying, R87?
First, this is a Gay Gossip, Politics and Pointless Bitchery website, not whatever Preachathon Kumbayah site you mistook it for.
Second, shut the fuck up.
Third, Mel Gibson, seriously? You think ol' sugar tits, blow-up doll baby-mama, recorded and released death threats, blackballed from almost everything Mel fucking Gibson hasn't been taken down? You are not paying attention to where he was, where he is now and how he got there.
Fourth, shut the fuck up.
There are some weird Goopers on this thread but it won't help her. Huvane should have reined her in and shut her up years ago. More to the point, she should have checked her wandering waxed/70's-jungle vadge before setting herself up as a holier than thou arbiter of taste, thought and behavior.
Goop's been a backstabbing, man-stealing, mean-girl cunt for years. She isn't being bullied, she IS the bully and she's finally getting some of her own back.
- That's strange :
1. I never liked GP. She always appeared smug and self-satisfied to me.
2. I enjoy a good gossip and revelations, especially about self-satisfied spoiled actors.
And yet... There is something I find unsettling in this denounciation. The VF people seem to acting out of a petty vengence. Even if I want to, I can't feel any sympathy with VF. I find them cheap instead.
As the "Darfur Orphans" stated earlier : "Rich people messing with rich people".
It sucks, but this doesn't bring me any fun, as opposed to the Mel Gibson or Reese Whitterspoon debacles.
- R116, I think I love you.
- There was another rumor going around earlier this year that Goopie and Jay-Z had hooked up and that was what caused the rift in the friendship with Beyonce. She doesn't seem to be able to keep female friends. And she only wants them if they are famous. Look at the way she was sucking up to Miranda Kerr. She also seems to covet the things they have and the people they know. Wasn't the break up with Madonna over the YOGA instructor? Sheesh. Rich Bitch Problems.
- R116, you are a perfect example of the kind of POS bully who enjoys seeing other people ripped to shit for no reason. I doubt you'd ever fuck with someone who could kick your ass. Lots of anger and lots of hate on display.
But guess what? You don't get to tell me to STFU. I say what I want. You don't agree, so you call me names and curse at me? You're a fucking joke.
Do you know Gwyneth Paltrow personally? If you have information, concrete examples of the back-stabbing, mean girl, man stealing "cunt" do share them. Of course you don't.
Your intelligence level is so low you think name calling and cursing people out is effective? What a complete asshole you must be in real life.
- I hope Miranda Kerr is not one of Goop's friends. I actually like her for some reason. Is she one of Goop's friends?
Also, interesting dish on the Jay-Z/Goop hookup & Beyonce no longer friendly with Goop.
So do Jay-Z/Beyonce have an open relationship & is that why she was seriously batting her eyelashes at Barack & he seemed totally into her too?
- I don't know if Goopie and Kerr are friends now but there were reports that she was sucking up to Kerr BIG time at the Met Gala. But that may have been because no one else seemed to care that she was there, including Madonna, Beyonce and Anna Wintour. I never heard that Beyonce flirts with Obama and he likes it. I think he and Michelle really like her. They think she's a nice girl. The one sister Michelle didn't seem to like having around was Kerry Washington. Keep an eye on Kerry's hairdos. Every time Kerry changes her hair style Michelle will soon have one just like it.
- [quote]You don't get to tell me to STFU.
I already did, twice. Send Goop and Huvane our regards.
I wonder if they'll include stories about Goop's hoover-nosed cocaine binges in the VF article? Or what she had to do to that casting couch pig-extraordinaire, Harvey Weinstein, to get "Shakespeare in Love" for herself?
I guess we'll wait and see.
Shut the fuck up.
- Wasn't Bill Clinton also one of her notches?
- I doubt it, R124. The Big Dog usually goes for big tittays which are not Goop's strong suit. But hey, you never know and a blowjob doesn't require tittays.
That stuff about Beyonce and President Obama is bullshit. He wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot-pole. Or his dick.
- Chris is just as insufferable as Paltrow is. I heard him do an interview where he said that Coldplay has a rule about their music and that it has to be 100% honest and that the reason people don't like their music is because it's too "honest" for them...
No, asshole. Some people just don't like your music because they think it just outright sucks.
- r87 writes one of the more bizarre posts I've ever read here at the DL and that's saying a lot given that I've been here since pre 9/11.
Blonde, attractive, wealthy, famous entitled women have problems. Seriously, they do. But being "bullied" isn't one of them and to chracterize a VF expose as such is to diminish acts of true bullying.
I'll read the VF piece on Paltrow but I won't be surprised if my reaction after doing so is big whoop.
- This is the content of a recent, poorly written, Blind Item. It was linked upthread. I've put in the correct names because all that LMNOP-Lister crap is so annoying.
Lots of skeletons in Madge's and Goop's closets. They used to be very close friends, actually it was a threesome of A-list BFFs they belonged to (Madge, Goop and Trudie Styler) and no one has ever been able to figure out why they had such a horrific falling out.
And after they did, the third wheel in the threesome, Trudie Styler, remained loyal to Madge. Turns out, Goop isn't the pretty, perfect, princess she wants the world to believe. She's actually a bit of a slut, quite frankly. A boring slut, but a slut nonetheless. She doesn't care if she's married or they're married, if she wants it, she goes after it.
Well, she went after Madge's then husband, Guy Richie, and had their mutual friend (a nobody, personal trainer Tracy Anderson) orchestrate everything, and give Goop all of the inside info of Guy Richie's schedule, etc. so she could hook up with him. There had been a flirtation between them for a while, and it was about to go to the next level.
Madge got wind of this and rightfully went apeshit. It's not clear whether there was actually an affair carried out, but it was enough for Madge to throw her husband out, and disown BFF Goop and the person they shared in common, Tracy Anderson.
The third A-lister in the group, Trudie Styler, was horrified by what Goop did and stayed loyal to Madge. Everybody agreed to keep it quiet because there are a lot of children and marriages involved.
The elder A-lister, Madge, and her husband, Guy Richie, eventually divorced, but the younger, Goop, is still married to Chris Martin, and [he?] has no idea this even happened. But it's about to come out. Soon.
- My favorite was Chloe Sevigny's shade to GOOP after she bitched about the Met Gala last year in that odd pink dress.
"Maybe her sleeves were too tight?"
- What was the quote Goop made about the Met Gala?
- [quote]Blythe is responsible for raising that spoiled woman, why do people think Blythe is blameless?
This. Blythe and Bruce helped create Gwennie. Make *no* mistake about that.
[quote]I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.
[quote]How would that make her different from anyone else on social media?
True. Including, those on DL.
- Hmmm. Wouldn't that make the friendly interaction between Madonna and Beyonce at the Met Gala even more interesting considering that neither one of them had anything to do with Goopie? What if the goopster made a play for Hova and he rejected her and told Beyonce but didn't want to give up his friendship with Martin so they chose not to tell him but go out of there way to avoid HER? Can't wait for his fucking story!
- Let me Oh, dear myself. It's their not there.
- Ooooooh, I love her bitchy quote about the Met Gala that she chose that wildly inappropriate "pretty in pink" prom dress rather than go with the punk theme because she thinks, "we're all getting a bit too old to dress like punks." LOL. That is just DELICIOUS considering she's 15 years YOUNGER than Madge, but Madge went with the requested punk theme. See link.
- [quote]The third A-lister in the group, Trudie Styler, was horrified by what Goop did and stayed loyal to Madge. Everybody agreed to keep it quiet because there are a lot of children and marriages involved.
If Trudie Styler is indeed the third A-lister (does anybody truly consider her to be A-list???), it is rather hypocritical for her to be so horrified at what Gwennie allegedly did. If memory serves, Trudie was accused of doing the same thing to get Sting (wasn't Sting's then wife Trudie's best friend, and Trudie stabbed her in the back to get Sting?).
- Are you kidding, r132? There is no way JayZ rejected her--that's the only part of your speculation that is wrong. I don't care if her ass is too flat; he would want her. As for the blind, it's hard to believe Chris Martin didn't know the reason for the falling out.
- [quote]Is the thread here also a plant?
Nope. I've been a DL'er for many, many years and I've loathed Goop through every one of them.
[quote]I read the whole thread and links and I'm looking for the cool, shocking take down of GP.
The VF article isn't out yet. The cheating stuff is just what's being speculated about in advance of its publication.
[quote]This is totally a PR plant to drum up interest in a quasi-retarded, rich has-been who thinks "how to hard boil an egg" is worthy content of a chic cookbook.
The VF piece may be that but I doubt it. It appears to be far too gloves-off and negative to be a publicity generator for Goop and her movie. Plus, I think the movie's coming out before the VF piece is published. The "she's secretly a big whore" bits that have leaked may actually be a PR campaign for Vanity Fair but not for Goop.
[quote]A real take down would talk about how two-faced she is, what an eco demon she is, elitist, useless, feckless, just what a rotten human being she is, in such a way that she would no longer create riches for something that doesn't contribute a damn thing.
The VF piece is rumored to be twice as long as their usual (already lengthy) celebrity profiles. Supposedly it's about 8000 words. I don't know what's in it, other than the secret slutting around. By itself, that isn't enough to fill all that space. There's got to be more to it.
Patience, R105, our dreams of a comprehensive Goop take-down may yet come true.
- I have no hope the article will be anywhere nearly as good as this thread.
- Gywneth, you were a marvelous Estella. Wasn't a huge stretch, was it?
- God, I hope they interviewed some "sources close to" Winona... I'm sure there's a ton of shit that her "insiders" could offer.
Who else has Paltrow pissed off?
- Why the hell would Jay-Z or any other rich guy want her if he could get younger, genuinely hotter blondes by the dozen any day of the week? His wife is younger and hotter than her. As Jennifer Lopez pointed out years ago her desirability has always been media hype. If you were talking Blake Lively, I could buy some guy with lots of other options still never rejecting her r136, but you seem to be forgetting that GOOP is (1) old, and (2) has never been really "hot." I bet even Mario Batali would pass at this point. I've never once met a real life straight guy who was into Gwynnie.
- [quote]The “Iron Man” actress told USA Today that she was going to skip the event next year. “I’m never going again,” she said. “It was so un-fun. It was boiling. It was too crowded. I did not enjoy it at all.”
[quote]The actress was even more candid when she talked Thursday to the two hosts of the Kyle and Jackie O show, an Australian morning radio program...and audio of their chat over dinner shows that the actress had more to say about the Met event.
[quote]After admitting that she’s had a martini and wine with no food, Paltrow, 40, responded to the hosts’ questions about her time at the ball. “Do you want me to be honest? It sucked … You always think, ‘oh my God this is going to be so glamorous and amazing’ and then you get there and it’s so hot, it’s so crowded, everyone is pushing you. This year it was really intense, it wasn’t fun,” she said.
[quote]Paltrow also commented on rapper Kanye West’s performance at the gala. “Kanye West was playing and he was furious, and he threw his microphone down. It was all drama,” she said.
[quote]Paltrow also didn’t appear to be fond of the event’s theme. “Everyone was dressed in punk which was — I feel like we’re all a bit old to be trying to dress punk, you know what I mean?” she said, adding that she went “kind of normal.”
- The sanctimonious whore must've pissed off her publicist or this situation wouldn't have blown out of proportion.
- [quote] Why the hell would Jay-Z or any other rich guy want her if he could get younger, genuinely hotter blondes by the dozen any day of the week?
It has nothing to do with hotness. I am sure that it's more for the bragging rights of fucking a blonde, snooty Hollywood "princess" with a famous husband and an Academy Award.
- Gwyneth's dress at the Met Ball
- The trashing began right after the Met Gala:
[quote] “Poor Gwyneth looked picture-perfect, but it must have been the hot lights that caused her to be a little strong on the nose. It was pretty pungent, and I don’t think she had a clue. I saw at least two people wave their hands in front of their noses after passing her.”
- There were a lot of BI's about Jay-Z and Paltrow hooking up. Seemed more like a status-fuck than an I'd-really-like-to-hit-that fuck, neither one of them is hot.
- Ted C. said that she "baked Harvey chocolate chip cookies" in a somewhat BI years ago. Everyone took that to mean she gave him head in order to be his #1 pushed on everyone whoreactress.
BTW, this is somewhat o/t but Harvey's wives are incredibly beautiful, so I don't why he would forcibly job-rape these other women. He has a paid for hooker as a wife every time he gets married.
- And no one's mentioned that people were also steering clear away from Paltrow at the Ball because her BO stunk so badly?
Another reason she was probably miserable and didn't have any fun.
- Again, she's way past the "princess" stage at this point; he might as well fuck Meg Ryan. You seem to think he's some middle-aged Mandingo hungering after a wrinkled Miss Ann. At this stage in his life he's likely been there, done that many times, and I seriously doubt if Goopie would prove to be that kind of untouchable ivory Mt. Everest of his dreams now. Scarlett, Blake, maybe; Goopie . .. Uh, not so much.
- Maybe her sleeves are too tight
Eh, you never know. He might get off on being able to get a pretentious bitch like Paltrow on her knees sucking his dick. There might be something satisfying in feeling like he's putting someone in their place. People have all sorts of weird fetishes and fantasies they'd love to play out. Just look at half the shit people on DL get off on.
- I think Jay-Z fucked Paltrow. There was way too much smoke for there not to be any fire. Why he fucked her is beyond my understanding.
Madge and Beyonce were thick as thieves at the Met Gala. Both of them shunned Gwynnie the entire evening.
Somewhere, Winona Ryder is laughing her ass off about all this. I wonder if she had a quiet word with the VF writer?
- Oh give us some Winona, please! That Oscar-stealing needs to come out in the open.
Plus, although she may be a very limited actress, Winona certainly had more of a place in 90s American cinema than Goop ever did.
- R87/R120 needs to look up the word "bullying," preferably immediately after taking a big bite of a wormy rottweiler's stool.
- Looks like they had Paltrow's personality pegged way back then...
- [quote]It was pretty pungent, and I don’t think she had a clue.
I can't imagine it... I assumed there'd be trained parakeets dropping violets in the bath 24/7.
- Affairs, meh. If Vanity Fair really wanted to do a takedown, they'd start with Gwyneth's endorsement of her no-necked personal trainer, a huckster and fraud if there ever was one, who gives dangerous and just plain false diet and exercise advice and skipped out on a whole slew of bills back in her hometown. Lawsuits for hundreds of thousands, anyone?
Or maybe they could investigate who's behind Gwyneth's lifestyle queen makeover and why it's basically self-parody? Or what's up with Gwyneth's eating habits, since she looks skinnier than her usual skinny as a stick and swings between embracing junk food and publishing crap about macrobiotic diets, food intolerances, undiagnosed food allergies...eating disorder, big time.
Also fun could be popping the Gwyneth-as-intellectual bubble. She didn't last a year at UC Santa Barbara, the TAs remembered her as a poor student, and she had to have a pretty crappy record at Spence for a UC school to be her best option. It's a good system, but with an old NYC private school background it's a letdown. She has no grounds to mock anyone for an interest in Juicy jeans. If she's finished a book in the last ten years I'd be stunned.
- Look up, R149.
- If she really banged that millionaire or JayZ she has very, very bad taste in men. And I would also go to every length to cover that up. I mean she never made really great choices but Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck at least were pretty, pretty douches but pretty.
Maybe she is having an affair with somebody else, and her and VF are in agreement to not uncover the real affair. VF can create some buzz and sell some magazines, Goop can deny everything and keep the real affair to herself!
- Having an affair or an open marriage is not what makes GP a cunt. It's everything else.
I find Jay very off putting, the guy was a drug dealer and he stabbed a person. Beyonce is a dumb needy girl. I bet their relationship only exists on paper. Why Goop is friends with those two, I have no idea.
- She is no longer friends with them, R162, at least she's no longer friends with Beyonce.
- Seriously R162? He is a guy that grew up the projects, sure his early life was involved with the drug game but the whole point is that he used music to build a different life for himself so he didn't end up dead or in prison. Something he was absurdly successful at obviously.
I'm not even some huge fan but I think it is an empowering story.
- I don't know anything about him, other than he's a rap mogul and married to Beyonce.
There was some speculation that he's the mastermind behind some scary shit that goes on in the rap world but I have no idea if it's true. Anyone who calls himself "Hova" (for Jehovah) has some issues.
JayZ must have a lot of time on his hands if he bothered to fuck Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Anybody who teams up with Timberjoke is as low brow as they come. I wouldn't be surprised if JayZ has some major shit in the closet.
- Where is the Hollywood Witch troll? Any dirt on Jay Z? Or does the illuminati run with a different crowd than they do?
- Yes please enlighten us re any links between Jay Z and Anjelica Huston, the High Witch of Hollywood.
Did Gwynnie do something to piss of Anjelica and her crew? Heavens!
- I am summoned. (And you people think it's a sham.)
Jay Z has been used on occasion, in minor ways. He's been primed a bit because he was showing signs of circling the subject (He's one of those "instant experts" on everything - he thinks if he reads a paragraph he's a world expert) and anyone with his money and influence becomes a target if certain signs are manifested.
However, the leaders know he is completely unworkable. He's slimy and impossible to crack in his own way. So he has been shown a few things, and kept on the outer ring. The assumption is that he will blab and show off, which he's already done. But the main use they have for him is cash, because they have the goods on him and will lower the boom when the time comes.
Anjelica loathes him, I've heard, because of his ego and presumption. I've also heard that she has said that eventually "something is going to happen to that unfortunate mouth of his." And that his wife is considered nothing but a stupid whore. But not much time has been committed to any of the hip-hop or rock people, except for connections occasionally when a sacrifice is wanted.
Paltrow is not on the leaders' list of interests. She's marked as an insufferable asshole incapable of trust or discretion. There's a lot of cackling over comeuppance, but they didn't have anything to do with what's coming for Paltrow.
For the record, I'm back in better graces and have authority to post a bit. The DL is obscure but now known as a spot to get a few messages across to certain people. For all you know this is one. Maybe, you see, I got a call about the posts above.
- You're not in better graces here, loony-tunes at R169.
The Goopers called you here to derail the thread about their cunt princess.
Don't even think about it.
- I wonder if there's going to be any dirt revealed on that poxy website of hers. I assume that she's taking payments to promote her "must have" item of the day (or however she structures it).
Goop, Princess of Product Placement - hardly seems like that's what she had in mind.
- What is Anjelica's take on Meryl Streep and DDL?
Isabelle Adjani (DDL's ex) always struck me as odd and was purported to be into black magic. What's the scoop there?
- Shut up r170
No one is a 'gooper' , here at DL, lol.
I have been intrigued by the HW Witch troll's posts for years. I respect what they have to say about the take down of an A lister. This obviously has been orchestrated for about a year now. Why?
- If you want a witch thread, tell me and I'll start one for you. I'll disguise it as an Anjelica thread or some such bullshit.
You will not derail this Paltrow thread. You will leave this Paltrow thread alone.
- Goop recommends that you iron your face.
- I thought she'd kind of shut up about her marriage and husband but apparently not.
She was on the cover of an Australian magazine in September and inside she does the whole wifey and mommy thing. She says that the two of them always laugh at the same jokes. Somehow I doubt he'll be laughing when this Vanity Fair article comes out.
On second thought, he's probably not laughing with her now.
- Paltrow fucked around on Pitt with a co-star while filming Sliding Doors in England. Fidelity doesn't seem to mean much to her.
- It's never meant much to Pitt either, but I guess he dumped Paltrow over it.
Must be the old double standard. He could cheat, she couldn't.
- The alleged affair happened 5 years ago.
If it really happened he decided not to dump her then and probably also not now just because some wannabe serious and respected magazine goes cheap gossip.
- I don't know about that, R179. It's funny. People can put up with all kinds of shit behind closed doors. But when it becomes public, widely known, things are different. Then it's a public embarrassment and egos get involved.
I have felt that Chris and Gwyneth have led separate lives off and on for years. But whatever they're doing, it's working for them, or it was until now.
- I doubt a vile slam piece is what breaks them up.
They cared shit about what the press thinks of them nor have they ever marketed their relationship or their kids to the press for PR. (unlike Affleck/Garner, Berry, Witherspoon, JLo and the like)
- Why do you people give a shit about a "B" list actress that hasn't made a movie in years?
Jesus Fucking Christ, get OVER it!
- Did she even last a semester R158? And Michael Douglas had to pull strings to get her in there.
The GwynHate goes back years and years, this is an oldie but goodie.
- Yes, R158, but how do you really feel about her?
- My idea about her fucking Jay-Z is that there was pot, they were alone in a room, and she wanted to try something very very VERY different than she's ever tried. I think it was a mutual thing too, but obviously didn't last.
I also think she's racist as hell. She has NO black friends anymore as seen at her garden party. No Latinos. Nothing. No one that is not 100% white.
I think the only ethnic people she knows are the help - the nannies, the cooks, the servants.
This is not overt racism, just the covert kind that Northerners in particular are experts at.
- Mark my words, this "takedown" will be as anticlimactic as the Y2K bug.
- This is epic because it's a winner-takes-all fight to the death. Either GOOP will be completely destroyed and become a pariah in Hollywood or, if the takedown fails, VF will essentially be done and occupy the space between 'People' and 'The National Enquirer'.
- I think it will harm them both, R187, to varying degrees. I haven't real impressed with Vanity Fair lately. Their covers say it all.
One thing I will safely predict, is that Gwyneth will be encouraged by her PR to recover from this quickly, and we'll see photos of her out with Chris, out with her kids, out with "friends." They will try to get her the kind of exposure they give to Jennifer Gardner. "Try" being the operative word.
- R186 has it right. And I agree about the witchy aspect not bothering the thread. I simply responded because asked. And that is all I shall say on it.
As R186 says, this is all going to blow over - what will be said will be things already said everywhere else. The only difference is that it will be said in VF. No minds will be changed, they'll post photos of Gwyn that make her, in her eyes, look good, and it will all pass over.
- Brand manipulation
- But whose brand, R190?
Is it Graydon manipulating VF's brand? The Cruise/Scientology take-down and the Pitt/WWZ take-down were both "un-VF-like" but he ran them and they garnered a lot of attention. Now a Paltrow take-down, also getting a lot of attention.
I think she's weak, already widely hated, 40 years old and has alienated everyone who could have helped her by being such a loathsome cunt.
I haven't paid any attention to VF in years. I'm paying attention now. Anecdotal, obviously, but I'm not the only one.
- Ahem. 41.
- What's significant about the recent articles about Cruise, Pitt, and now Paltrow is that they were all VF darlings who used to get flattering, sometimes fawning stories and covers to coincide with their projects. All magazine circulation has dropped drastically, so VF is taking another approach -- a more negative one -- to attract attention and readership and it is working. I don't know how the WW Z article was received, but Cruise and now Goop are getting a lot of buzz.
I wonder if this will hurt the magazine in the long run. Will publicists stop looking to VF as a PR outlet for their clients? The Hollywood glamour stuff that the magazine sells helps to finance their investigative pieces, which are still excellent. (read the one about the poor Goldman-Sachs programmer who got railroaded into jail by the company for no other reason than they could.)
- Radar says that she was having an affair/fucking some literary guy.
[quote]Star magazine also claimed that Paltrow carried on an affair with a prominent literary figure, but quashed the story after receiving a threatening legal letter from her attorney.
- [quote] Paltrow reportedly feuded with Kate Moss in May 2012, when she told the model that she worked out so she wouldn’t look like her when she got old. In response, the Brit allegedly threw a handful of french fries at Paltrow and screamed, “Eat some f*****g carbs!”
- I wonder if it's that married literary guy in NY who an affair with the married pregnant socialite. DL had an extensive thread about these folks and the cuckold.
- [quote]14. Paltrow’s diva behavior even extends to the gym, according to one report. “Before she showered, Gwyneth makes someone go into the stall and wipe the entire shower dry!” a source told Life & Style. She also reportedly makes her gym keep Smart Water in stock just for her.
- [quote]15. Paltrow has repeatedly lied about her smoking habit, saying both that she smokes once a week, and also that she only smokes at parties. So which is it? Neither answer jives with her super-healthy image.
- [quote]21. The diet queen has been criticized for practically starving her children after she admitted that her strict no-carb and no-wheat diet sometimes leaves her kids “with that specific hunger.”
- Gwyneth wishes she looked like Kate.
- [quote] Paltrow reportedly feuded with Kate Moss in May 2012, when she told the model that she worked out so she wouldn’t look like her when she got old.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- Ghostwriter wrote the book.
[quote]. The New York Times accused Paltrow of hiring a ghostwriter, Julia Turshen, for her cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, but she insists she “wrote every word” herself.
- She fucked everyone to get famous.
[quote] The New York Post also claims the article could explore Paltrow’s casting couch experiences. She once admitted, “When I was starting out, someone suggested we finish a meeting in the bedroom. I left. I was pretty shocked.”
- Everyone hates her in HW & the public hates her. She beat Anne Hathaway as most hated.
[quote]28. Paltrow beat Anne Hathaway and others in a Star magazine poll of Hollywood’s Most Hated celebrities. Which of her fellow A-listers could spill the beans on why she won the title?
- When Vanity Fair keeps company with Radar and Star, that's nothing to brag about. They did a cover story on Jay Z this month, and it was the most flattering, fawning bullshit I've read lately.
When they fawn over Kate Upton, Taylor Swift and use the transparent bullshit about Diana's "true love" to attract readership, they are really hitting bottom, IMO. VF used to be a leader in terms of style, and social and cultural history, and they were topical. Ahead of the curve.
I used to love their art and architecture pieces, the interesting people they'd cover, and I'm always fascinated by the super wealthy estates and lifestyle pieces.
Also loved the high society scandals, usually involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud. But now, they are sinking with this pop culture garbage, and honestly, the National Enquirer does it better. Are they trying to be People Magazine only dirtier?
- Paltrow stoled the "Shakespeare in Love" script from Winona Ryder. Resulting in Winona Ryder losing the Oscar winning role.
Gwyneth never fooled me, I always thought she was fake.
- [quote]Are they trying to be People Magazine only dirtier?
They've always been People Magazine only dirtier and glitzier. At least that's what they've been ever since I can remember and I'm old.
What's new is that they are willing to target fading stars and do these hard pieces on them (Cruise, Pitt, Paltrow). As a choice of direction to take in order to bring back readership, I like it.
Dominick Dunne and Christopher Hitchens are sorely missed. At least they're missed by me.
- Has anyone ever outright asked her or Winona about the Shakespeare in Love scandal? Like in an interview?
- 205, you are totally full of it.
[quote]Also loved the high society scandals, usually involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud. But now, they are sinking with this pop culture garbage
How do you know it's not a high society scandal, involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud?
Why is an article about GP "pop culture garbage?"
If she blew Harvey Weinstein to break into the business, then that's a high society SEX scandal!! Exactly what you LOVE about VF. Remember??
- Elle McPherson lives in London. That's probably why gwyneth moved to Los Angeles
don't believe gossip as fact
- [quote]Paltrow stoled the "Shakespeare in Love" script from Winona Ryder.
Iron Man 3 - 2013
Thanks for Sharing - 2013
Avengers - 2012
Contagion - 2011
Country Strong - 2010
Iron Man 2 - 2010
- I doubt they have some major shit on her. Exposing an affair that might have happened in 2008 is hardly explosive or even interesting.
If anything, I think it might be damaging to VF if they go down the low brow route of digging up private stuff. If the affair really happened it clearly didn't undo their marriage.
I personally find it all pretty distasteful.
- No, R209, I'm not totally full of it. I miss Dominic Dunne and Christopher Hitchens, too. I guess what I mean is, the old Vanity Fair use to enlarge and expand my world, and this one simply covers the same bullshit I an get in some form or other in almost any tabloid. Vanity Fair's trashy gossip used to be high class garbage.
The stuff I've seen in the past dozen or so issues is just not all that. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate Kate Upton. I mean, who gives a shit. I'd much rather read something salacious about the royals in Monaco.
Dominic Dunne had some juicy stories about New York and European high society.
- I don't think I've really liked Vanity Fair since Tina Brown left, although I loved Graydon's writing about W.
- R212, she meant to say that she stooled on the script. That is English for taking a shit.
- How could she have stolen the 'Shakespeare in Love' role by swiping the script if she wasn't being considered already? Winona is just bitter because she lost the role.
- Were the Cruise and Pitt take-downs damaging? Where can I read them? Did they get this same amount of buzz?
- [quote] Where can I read them?
- I've never known whether the "Goop stole Shakespeare in Love from Winona" rumor was true or not.
Goop is a low-down dog. If she'd blow Harvey (which she did) and with all the other backstabbing, underhanded shit she's pulled, she's certainly capable of stealing a script from a friend, but did she?
Winona, bless her blackened heart, is capable of telling the biggest lies you've ever heard. She's NPD or BPD and hell on wheels but did she lie about this?
I don't know.
- I just know Shakespeare in Love is a terrible movie and I hate everyone in it. What's worse, that no-talent hack won an Oscar for it and cried about her grandpa onstage. Who gives a fuck???
Hopefully she'll be blown into oblivion pretty soon. She just doesn't have the talent to sustain older women roles, which are few and far between anyway.
- God, Goop at the Oscars was horrendous. That crap dress, those anti-tits, the obnoxious acceptance speech, it was all bad.
- Agreed, r223. I hated that pink gown, however, this was worse;quite possibly the ugliest dress I'ver seen at the Oscars and that's saying something.
Say what you will about Sally Kirkland but at least whatever she wore to the Academy Awards was so bad it was good. I miss her.
OT- to this day, my all time favorite look at the Oscars wasn't even a gown- it's the white suit/tuxedo that Angelina Jolie wore to present an award.
- I liked it much better than the pink atrocity, R224. I never understood the condemnation that Alexander McQueen dress received; I thought she looked quite elegant and less vanilla than usual.
- McQueen's vision for her should be considered in the context of his end.
- I have never understood the logic behind wearing a hideous dress. I understand the rationale, but it fails to consider that people don't say 'I saw another picture of Goop' they say 'did you see Goop in that awful fucking dress?' It is not true that all publicity is good publicity. People may not think, but they react, and it doesn't take long to react to an awful fucking dress.
- Her makeup was godawful, and going braless was a terrible mistake; the dress itself was fine.
- She should have worn that ugly black thing to the "punk fashion" Met Gala. It would have been appropriate and maybe her BO wouldn't have been so bad.
- Yes, R229, and she could proudly go braless with her newly remodelled tits!
- [quote]Were the Cruise and Pitt take-downs damaging?
The Cruise takedown was misleading in that the issue came out at the time Katie Holmes filed for divorce. She was on the cover, right? But the article inside barely mentioned their marriage and not the divorce at all.
It did have a lot of info of the cult and an amusing story on trying to find a suitable girlfriend for Cruise amongst the ranks of devotees.
At the time I was more interested in the details of the Katie/Tom split though.
- Even if I grant that the black McQueen gown itself isn't the problem, still, I don't know of any actress that could make that thing look good.
I'm sure I'll be corrected if this occurred earlier, but I remember reading that this gown was the cause of every stylist insisting that his or her client try the dress on so they could be vidiotaped to see how it wold look on TV.
All I know is that when she walked out on stage, my draw dropped because she looked spectacularly bad.
- Della is a woman and THE Brangelina Loony Toons here on DL. Sad. She's a granny age or ggm age which fits the typical profile of a Brangelunatic.
- WTF are you talking about, R233? M is the Angbot, not Della.
- Isn't Della a lesbian? I always envisioned a later period Maureen Stapleton type.
- r234 check out Della's post at r224 - not the first time she's carried water or admitted she LOVED old gross Angie.
- I couldn't believe the ill fitting pink dress she wore when she got the Oscar. It highlighted her droopy little boobs.
- Banana titties
- Se din't have no tits in the pink dress she wore when she won. Not even a blistering nipple. Girl was flat. The fried eggs were on the McQueen Goth concoction when she was braless. As I recall.
- RDJ loves her for sure!
- What does liking Angie have to do with Paltrow? She cheated on Pitt with her co-star in Sliding Doors. Angie had nothing to do with their break-up. It's Jennifer Garner who hates the Goopster. She doesn't trust her and dislikes her more than she does J-Lo. Maybe because she knows Paltrow doesn't have any scruples when it comes to her own marital fidelity. And wouldn't a role in an Academy Award winning director's next film do wonders for her career? And stop talking shit about Della.
- Thanks r241.
On occasion, I've had the temerity to make the obvious observation that Jolie's stardom is at greater level than Aniston's.
As a result, my stalker's cheese slips way off the cracker.
Anyway, I agree with the previous poster who said that the article itself will be meh.
- Jennifer Garner does not like Goop, because Goop cheated on Ben and Ben cheats on Garner all the time. Garner's only career revolves around shoving her kids in front of the pap lenses 24/7.
At least Goop manages to set up a thriving business without exploiting her private life.
- [quote]At least Goop manages to set up a thriving business without exploiting her private life.
I just talk about my unkept pussy hair.
- Goop v. Garner?
I loathe and despise both of them. Throw in JLo and it's a real hate-fest.
It's almost enough to make me feel sorry for Ben Affleck. But not quite.
- R162 suffers the American Disease, r164. You can't reason with it--just let it go.
- Word is the article has barely anything in it and will make Vanity Fair look cheap.
- Paltrow dumped Pink as a BFF due to Goop's jealousy.
- R247 = unpaid Goop intern
You can hardly call it GHOSTwriter when Paltrow acknowledges Turshen's collaboration in the books for(or after)words.
- r247 here.
I got that from someone at VF. Yes indeed.