All Threads by Date
You and I
travel to the beat of a different drum. I have my doubts.
- Damn! I thought I was finally getting a thread around here!
- I ain't saying you ain't pretty, R1. It's just that I'm not in the market for a boy that wants to love only me.
- Are you kidding, OP? Or can't you tell by the way I run everytime you make eyes at me?
- We'll both live a lot longer if you live without me.
- Never heard the Susanna version. Love it.
- Have to say that her pics on The Stone Poneys album are amazing. This started her career and still love "Different Drum"
- I've never had anyone pull their reins in on me.
- The version by Mike Nesmith, who wrote it, is the definitive one; very country and tuneful.
- Here it is
- Fat bitch ate the ponies you know.
- You know nothing about me, never have
- Okay, I feel like a moron. Until just now I thought the line was "You and I come to the beat of a different drum." I hate finding out I've been singing the wrong words - for 30+ years!
- You can't see the forest for the trees, so goodbye....
- Sara Watkins version
- What is it with elderly DLers and their passion for that fat, talentless hack Linda Ronstadt?
- R15 can't see the forest for the trees.
- Mike Nesmith's recorded version of "Different Drum" is the one I like best. But I thought the Stone Poneys did a good version of it.
- I like this version of Susanna's. Pretty snappy.
- Trying that again...
- Is R15 trying to twerk in her caftan? Hope she does't raise and lift.
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...