- Bloop bloop! plonk! BAM!
thanks OP! can't wait for the new season.
- Sneak peek
- NeNe and Marlo are no longer friends! I want to know what happened and if Marlo will be on this upcoming season.
- I think Nene and Marlo are shading each other in the media right now, so that Nene will have some premise for the second season of her show. Nene can carry a show by herself, but any additional drama just makes it better! And I know Marlon needs that check.
- Yaaaaaas hunties! The supertrailer for season 6 is HERE.
Same main cast with a couple new side characters and there's that fight that was mentioned in the season 5 thread between Apollo and Kenya's gay assistant:
- I am queefing with excitement!!!!!!!
- Gurl, it looks like production told these heifers they better turn up or go home after this last snooze worthy season. DRA-MA! We are finally about to see a few wigs snatched, hopefully not Mama Joyce's!
Unless Apollo shows us his huge nipples, again Im sad to say I am done with him. Im not a Phaedra fan either. I've always said he has such a stank attitude for a male, Peter should have beat his ass at Kim's wedding.
- This show has so run it's course.
And I have come to hate that ugly, stunt queen moose Nene.
- R7 and R8 you hatin' ass hos! RHOA is the best franchise. Last season was hilarious and this season will be even better.
- I agree. While I have tired of RHOC and RHBH and I never even watched RHNJ, Atlanta, for all its faults is the only franchise to hold my interest.
I want to see some major Kenya craziness, some ramped up Porsha ditziness and some Cynthia and Peter crabbiness to the 5th power this season.
I am a bit tired of Phaedra myself, and Nene for all her greatness is suffering from a lil over-exposure right now...so she need to lay back a bit for a while.
IS IT ME, or do anyone else find Porsha's hanging on to BigHead Kordell's last name a bit odd? especially since she is so very proud of being a "Williams" in the town where Hosea made his name??
I know this won't happen, but I would give up bacon for a month just to see Sheree brought in for a little fireworks with NeNe and Co.
Specially now that Chateau Sheree is owned by the bank. OMG would that be great?? And Dineva(my namesake) could do the blow by blow.
- I'm tired of Nene, too.
- r8, that's what everyone has said about this show for the last couple of seasons, and it breaks ratings records for cable every single year.
I think the only way the show would die is if Nene either leaves the show, or becomes really objectionable. And I know she is not leaving the show anytime soon, she has a large life to pay for!
- I am HERE for Kenya & Marlo!!!!!!!
And still no NY.
- This show needed an injection of youth, so I'm glad Porsha is single and sizzling and living her life. I think these shows can really go on forever with enough strategic cast mixups. In 10 years she'll be the top dog, lol.
- r10 I miss Sheree and Dwight. Sheree was an original cast member, so she really could check Nene. I feel like that's what people want to see, is Nene get her ass handed to her. But none of the current housewives have really lived up to the task, not Kenya because she is just a mess, and not Phaedra because she is fake. They need someone who keeps it realer than Nene, and that would be hard to find!
- Some of these hos are as tired as the NJ ones.
- R16 Marlo will be the one!
- Getting rid of Sheree was a huge mistake. Her stupidity was wildly entertaining and her 'tug' on kim's wig was unforgettable.
BRING HER BACK, BITCHES!
- If I had my way, I'd downgrade Cynthia to "friend", then bring Sheree back as a housewife and make Marlo housewife #7.
NeNe, Kandi, Phaedra, Kenya, Porsha, Sheree and Marlo would be an AMAZING cast.
- R14 because NYC fucking sucked last season. It took them a long time to decide what to do. Atlanta always brings the goods.
- NY found its groove towards the end of last season, especially when Queen Aviva went bonkers. Her father was gross but he did call Ramona a "trailer turd."
I find it interesting, at least on my part, that OC and Miami have become the fun ones and I used to watch neither.
I'll always have a special place in my heart for BH because that is the one I started watching from the very beginning. Carlton looks like she will be a handful.
- Anybody watch Nene's show last night?
I was so hoping her her first reaction to the 'New Normal' cancellation wasn't that she wouldn't be getting the check anymore! lol She right lived up to stereotype of black celebrities with new money. Nene makes enough to live very comfortably, she is probably still the top earning housewife. So if she was spending wisely she wouldn't have needed to make a comment about that check. I would've sent all those big foot bitches to Payless for their wedding shoes!
- R23 it's likely that Bravo is paying for most of NeNe's wedding.
While she is rightfully the highest paid housewife, she also spends a lot. All these housewives do because they want to appear to be SUPER rich, when only a few of them actually were before the series began.
I love the fighting between Diana, Marlo and Lexis. I actually think Diana would make a good addition to RHOA next season. She really has a possessive attitude and I could see her and Kenya getting into it. I died when Marlo referred to Diana as "muscles" because Diana used to compete in the heptathlon.
- LOL r24, Marlo had me cracking up. That comment about the peep toe shoes was sooo coordinated by the producers to set off all that arguing in the van, but Marlo is pretty believable. Her deep ass voice is hilarious.
The Diana vs everyone drama could go on forever. Diana really should just tell Nene she is not going to be in the wedding and be done instead of ruining it. Nene really should be defending her if that's her best friend, but she is busy putting on a show for all the other ones.
And Cynthia was READING her at the table, bloop!
- ooooh If y'all google Diana, you'll find out she has a past too. So I found out while she was trying to get sponsorship during her days as a heptathlon competitor, she ran into a high profile attorney. He was married with a family but had an affair with Diana. Diana ended up getting pregnant and had twins by him. Then she took him to court for child support. They went at it in court several times. The second judge told Diana to go back to work as a nurse (what is it with these trifling former nurses? Zolciak anyone?) and reduced the child support to $5,000 per month. The third judge sided with Diana and she was awarded a whopping $28,000 per month.
If anyone is an opportunist and gold digger, Diana fits the bill. She's not any better any Marlo except she didn't cut up another girl's face so much that she committed suicide.
- Agree with r26.
A man should never have to provide for his children.
- R27 it's her behavior that makes her a gold digger...as the second judge stated, Diana had a job as a nurse but stopped working. This attorney she had twins with wanted to reduce her child support because he claimed she was going out partying and on vacations with friends instead of spending it on the kids. Diana currently doesn't work and lives off of child support. She's not married to anyone either. Obviously she deserves some child support but there's no reason why she can't work either, especially if she's single.
- I just read all this tea on Diana today. Apparently she only slept with the loaded judge TWO TIMES in 2000 and hit the jackpot with twins. Lucky Diana.
r27, please go somewhere and sat down. She is getting retroactive payments for her pussy, that's all it is. Kids in these situations are just a byproduct, and they certainly don't need 28 grand a year to have a good upbringing. Diana wanted that money for her damn self.
- I used to love nene but she morphed into such a hater before her off show fame I quit her. Now I just find her tiresome.
If they show her drunk a few times this season I might be able to let her into my good graces again.
- Marlo cut up someone's face????
- R31 one of Marlo's arrests was for a nightclub fight when she was living in Florida and much younger. She got into a fight with another girl, pulled out a knife and slashed all over her face. The victim was so depressed by what had happened to her face (I guess it was permanent damage) that she committed suicide.
- The woman committed suicide six years later so who's to know if she did it because of the damage.
- If someone had twins, more then likely she was taking fertility drugs.
- I thought bridesmaids were always forced to pay for their own outfits? White girls are.
Nene probably knew that show would be canceled.
- Marlo claimed that the woman had been a close friend with whom she'd had a falling out, that the woman had already beaten her down once, and that she had acted in self-defense at the club. She also claimed that the woman subsequently testified on her behalf in court so the judge would go easier on her.
- Rumors are that Marlo has been hanging with Kenya during taping of the upcoming season but who knows if she'll appear on film. Marlo was at Kenya's party at the end of season 5 and even had her own costume but was cut out of footage. Pics of the even leaked online though. Andy hates her even though she would bring in extra ratings since she had that f***** word slip-up during her Sheree fight in South Africa.
- awww Kenya and Miss Lawrence just went on vacation in Mexico together...from the angle of the light in this pic, it looks like Miss Lawrence has rainbow bangs lol
- btw catch Sheree tonight on "Life After" on TVOne, talking about life after RHOA. I'm sure it will be online soon enough for those of you who don't have the channel.
- r38, does Miss Lawrence have a fresh face there? I can't believe that hunny! Its actually a good look on him
- R40 I agree Miss Lawrence always does too much with the face. BTW Fashion Queens is coming back the same week as RHOA returns. It was originally going to be just a limited series but it was so popular it's been brought back. I love Bevy.
- R41, how about the show where we watch people watching bad TV?
Will that be coming back?
- Never mind, don't bother watching Sheree's "Life After" episode. Half of it seems like lies, or at least avoiding the truth.
Sheree's claim that she only went on RHOA to make money because she was going through her divorce with Bob at the time seems absurd. There are plenty of non-famewhore ways to make money.
Sheree and her family/friends bragged about her boutique Bella Azul that she opened during her marriage...they never mentioned how quickly she had to close it. If she had managed it better, she wouldn't be broke now. Kandi's boutique is doing just fine.
Then Sheree said how she chose to leave RHOA because the stress and drama was to much...when we know she was fired after asking for a raise and then not agreeing to the same salary Bravo wanted to keep her at.
No mention of Sheree's overspending and the infamous foreclosure of the unfinished Chateau Sheree.
The positive parts:
A) her son is going to be a stud-whether he goes into football or whatever-we'll be hearing about him in the next few years.
B) Sheree is working! She trains fat people and truly seems to enjoy it. Fitness is one non-fake thing about her.
- Did Kandi marry Todd in Mexico this week? Tabloids say yes and it's going to be part of the season:
- r43, it seems like Sheree has done just about every piece of TV programming that will have her. She must must really be pressed!
I agree about Sheree's son. He was very handsome a couple of years ago when they were on the show, and now he looks like he's 6 feet tall. I thought that Sheree should get him into modeling while he's still a teenager, he has a ton of potential. I seems like a no brainer since Sheree is supposed to be Miss Fashion.
- RHOA producer Carlos King was on Sheree's life after. Apparently he is one of people concocting all this drama on RHOA and Love and Hip Hop Atlanta! How he doin'?
- oh I'm sure we'll see Sheree on tv again in the future if shows will have her. She's no different than the rest of these reality slores.
I Dream of NeNe will air for 2 hours this SUNDAY not on the usual tuesday. It's the season finale (they're leaving it open to more seasons obviously) with the wedding. Why on sunday this time? because the new shows don't premiere until the following week so Bravo needs something and NeNe obviously delivers ratings.
- So what did y'all think of NeNe's wedding? I liked it. Marlo doing WAY too much with that dress though! No one needs to see that much boob from a bridesMAID, bitch.
Zolciak being there was just annoying, and we could see Kroy wanted to get the fuck out of there lol.
NeNe's son is so ratchet he had to walk down the aisle with a damn crutch. What a loser son he is. The younger one seems to have it more together.
- I see from the ads that Mama Joyce will be jumping into the mix again this season. Good lord. Will they bring back Re-DICK-you-less?
- R49 Mama Joyce thinks Kandi's friend Carmen has been Todd's side piece so she doesn't like her.
- and BTW anyone catch that cunt Zolciak lying in the SAME episode? When everyone arrived at the wedding, Phaedra asked her if she was pregnant and the liar said no. Then at the end of the episode she told NeNe she's having twins. Unbelievable.
- lol r51 I did catch that. I would read Kim for that, but Phaedra lied about how far along she was with her first son, amongst other things. So I guess she had it coming!
I did enjoy Nene's wedding though. Beautiful and very heartfelt despite all the production going on. I love that Vivica and Jay Manuel's fine ass were in attendance!
But the part that got me was that Nene snagged Kim Burrell to sing LIVE as she walked down the aisle. Yessss hunny! Nene really does have good taste.
Marlo is just the bitch we love to hate. This show would've been just a Nene worship hour if it wasnt for her.
- Im surprised that there wasn't a thread for I Dream of Nene... at least not one I could find. Anyway, Im just catching the episodes now...
Did Nene really say she wouldn't swim with Dolphins because she was on her period? Is it possible for her still even be having her period? Isn't she a man?
And it seems obvious that Nene intentionally stirred up all the drama with her bridesmaids in order to try to get the show to take off.
- R53 of course she did. NeNe knows drama works. People like Diana and Marlo are difficult to get alone with, so of course they didn't like each other.
I'm glad Kim Burrell got some air time, along with Fantasia! Yes hunty. Fantasia and NeNe both have that same sound when they talk, as if not all their teeth are in the right place lol.
- I sort of think they need to subtitle Greg the way they do Honey Boo Boo and her fam. I can barely understand a damn word he mumbles.
- I wish Star Jones would've crashed the wedding reception. I was trying to connect the dots between Big Gay Al and Vivica being close buddies with Nene, and I finally remembered. They are Star's biggest enemies!
[quote]Fantasia and NeNe both have that same sound when they talk, as if not all their teeth are in the right place lol.
heck naw lol
Since we're on people's teefs...Greg could use some of the money he and Nene are pulling right now to fix some of Greg's sons' teeth. There is no excuse for all of them to be walking around like jack-o-lanterns, except for Brent. If I was Greg's son, a set of nice teeth would make up for all abandonment lol.
- Wait what happened between Star and Vivica? I never heard of any drama between them.
I don't care if most people hate Kenya Moore-I find her so entertaining and charismatic. Here she is talking about Kanye West hitting on her a few years ago:
- and Kenya teasing that she and NeNe go at it this season:
- Nene's wedding was very boughetto.
- It's sad Dwight wasn't invited. I miss him on RHOA.
Does anyone know how Dwight got on with Miss Lawrence and Derek J?
- Nenes wedding dress was awful.
- Yeah, the dress didn't look like it was worth 50 gs.
I want to see a Dwight vs Marlo read off!
- If Dwight is too low rent for Miss Lawrence, she's surely too low rent for Queen NeNe!
- Oh lord, let the drama begin!
- I love Kenya. She, like Sheree, won't back down from or be afraid of NeNe. I like NeNe, but it was annoying last season that she didn't have to really fight much.
I'm looking forward to the shadefests. I would still downgrade Cynthia to a "friend", bring in/upgrade Marlo, and bring back Sheree. Having NeNe, Kenya, Marlo and Sheree as full-time housewives along with shady Phaedra, part-time buck Kandi and dumbdumb Porsha would be amazing.
- Isn't NeNe trying to "class up" her image to make her palatable to Hollywood producers? Can't be snatching wigs one minute and starring in family sitcoms the next!
- R66 well she has "secret projects" she's working on, but for now, only her recurring role on Glee is still around. "The New Normal" was cancelled.
NeNe is still making bank though-if you saw the credits of "I Dream of NeNe" you would have noticed that it was produced by her new production company.
I expect NeNe to start producing other reality shows in the future, especially if her acting career totally dries up.
- How do Kandi and Phaedra make the cut season after season?
- I personally LIVE for Mama Joyce's old nosy ass! Whenever she meddles it makes for great TV, and she is going all in this time.
Phaedra does the best commentary out of all the housewives, and makes all of them seem like low class, uneducated bitches when she recaps the scenes in that condescending southern belle tone.
And of course we would have no Apollo without Phaedra. Hopefully he shows us his nipples again this season, because otherwise he just gets on my nerves. Apollo is one of those fine dudes that irritates the hell out of me because they are straight. Just show us your body Apollo, don't talk!
- I'll never forget that pickle scene when Phaedra, Apollo and their son were taking their first family pics. I wonder what theme Phaedra will have now that they have baby #2.
- So NeNe is coming out with a clothing line for curvy girl and is using Cynthia Bailey's agency for a casting call:
- can't wait-sunday night at 8 with replay at 10!!!!
Kandi and Kenya will also be the WWHL guests that night.
Fashion Queens will come on RIGHT after.
- such a gorgeous family and I hope they (not Kim and Kroy) keep popping out more kids:
- r73 = Kim's old wig
- Is Kim's oldest daughter pregnant yet?
- So NeNe only invited d-list bravoleberty bottomfeeders to the wedding like Jill Zarin, Patty Stanger, Gretchen and Slade? Where was Andy, Anderson, and the cast of Glee and New Normal? And where was Kenya?
- I just want to know, is Kenya crazy or just an actress, acting like a crazy person?
- You think Apollo is straight? Oh. I had no idea.
- [quote]I expect NeNe to start producing other reality shows in the future, especially if her acting career totally dries up.
[quote]I expect NeNe to start producing other reality shows in the future, especially if her overacting career totally dries up.
Fixed that for you R67.
- [quote]You think Apollo is straight? Oh. I had no idea.
Well let's say Im 90% in belief that he is, you never really know!
r76 I wouldn't put it past her not to invite them because she didn't want the attention off her lol. But they probably decline, Im sure Anderson does not socialize around large groups of black people lol
- R76 some of her bridesmaids were reality tv people from other shows, such as Laura Govan and Jennifer Williams, both formerly of Basketball Wives. I imagine her super high-profile friends didn't want to be filmed on a reality show and declined. Even if you're just doing an unpaid cameo, everyone you see on camera in a reality show has at the very least signed a release form to be filmed.
R77 Kenya plays up the craziness for the cameras. In real life, she is a diva though. Last year when it was first announced she would be joining RHOA, Wendy Williams mentioned on her talk show she's one to watch, as she had interviewed her years back and said she's a handful lol. I think Kenya turns it up for tv but is nice in person unless you insult her ego. She wanted to transition from pageants to a big hollywood career a la Vanessa Williams (except Kenya doesn't sing) and it didn't go as planned. Vanessa became A-list while Kenya has enjoyed steady work, but only in many supporting/minor roles. She never got to the point of being a lead in a big movie or tv show.
- I liked Jennifer on Nene's show, she would make a good ATL housewife since she already has a following as a Basketball wife
- Brave is showing old episodes of Atlanta housewives today, does anyone know if Sheree's daughter actually married that closeted queen?
- [quote]does anyone know if Sheree's daughter actually married that closeted queen?
lol he was cute. I would think Sheree would raise the red flag for her daughter, but I guess she didn't realize it or didn't care
- uh oh NeNe and Greg are in trouble for unpaid taxes, on the heels of their made-for-tv-over-the-top wedding...
I swear all these housewives are phony scam artists.
Anyway I'm looking forward to the return of the Atlanta ladies tonight!
8 PM with replay at 10. Miami is at 9. Kenya and Kani on WWHL and Fashion Queens to follow at 11:30. yas hunty!
- YESSSS only one more hour!
- Sheree had to know, R85. Some of the things she said led me to believe that she knew or was suspicious. The comment she made about how he shouldn't be getting married to please his mother and family. Atlanta is the faghag capital so she had to know. You could see his flames from Pluto.
- Kenya is crazy but I thought Walter was gay first time I saw him.
Apollo? He's a cheat.
- Apollo really is as dumb as a tree stump isn't he. I wonder if he bottoms.
I can't wait to see Kandi (love) get into it with him. And Todd has put a ring on it but according to Mediatakeout she was photographed trying to strangle him last week after she found out he was sleeping with her best friend. Go Sugar Mama.
Nene's back after the New Normal became the Canceled Normal and she's got a big plate of "I'm Rich Bitch" Crow to eat.
This is my favorite RH franchise.
- "Kordell didn't want me physically, and that made me wonder what DID he want."
- "That was a Queen move."
- dead @ Nene's Hermes wedding gift from Joe and Teresa, the feds might coming looking for that!
[quote]Apollo really is as dumb as a tree stump isn't he. I wonder if he bottoms.
Apollo can spread himself for me any day, I know this is what he REALLY likes! He did not disappoint tonight hunny, in his tank top. You can see now more than ever that Apollo is the trophy husband. I dont think Phaedra is going to last much longer with him. She clearly is just getting great dick out of the marriage, and I guess that's not enough for her anymore. She looks like she can barely stand him. So Apollo knows he has to keep that body drool worthy. I bet she will get pregnant very soon again, to try for a girl, and then she is out of there.
Porsha's mom talks just like her, like she is preaching lol. I do feel a little sorry for Porsha, she seems genuinely hurt and she made a huge mistake. It doesn't help that she is probably the youngest housewife out of all the franchises.
Kenya wears enough makeup for three people. All the housewives on this franchise are very heavy-handed with the make-up, but hers is ridiculous now. I guess she will drag this Walter thing on for yet another season, because she is a looney tune.
Cynthia is my favorite housewife. It's like she is acting on behalf of the viewers whenever one of ladies is getting out of hand, and says what people watching would say to these hussies. She confronts people very diplomatically when she has a problem.
- I raced to this thread to ask yall's opinion: Phaedra didn't truly name her son Mr.President did she? I am going to assume that she either didn't want to share the new one's real name OR she named him Barack and Mr. Prez is an inside joke...yes?
I have no room to throw shade coming from a family which boasts a Hennesey and a Benz, but even for us, Mr President would be beyond the pale.
I really enjoyed the first show tonight and I have high hopes for this season. I am even MORE excited for the Fashion Queens premiere tonight!!
Whomever posted the link to the photo of Miss Lawrence sans makeup on holiday w/ Kandi: thank you. I have never seen him in his natural state, and he looks fantastic.
Reminds me of the first time i saw Funky Dineva as a man, and I caught feelings for him on the spot...not that he's be interested in a fish like me lol.
- So true.
So Porsha knew she was bearding for a man on the downlow. It all came out. "Friends had asked me about him being gay." Oh snap.
In the marathon leading up to it, they showed her fabulous gowns. "Kordell chooses all my clothes." Substitute "wears" for "chooses" in that last sentence.
So Nene just had a fabulous wedding and is starting out for the second time with Gregg. Porsha was broadsided (or was she?) by a divorce, but all Kenya had to bring to the party is that she has been evicted and nobody comforted her.
- [quote]I am going to assume that she either didn't want to share the new one's real name
lenethia dineva /r94, they had the baby's name captioned at the bottom of the screen, they named him Dylan.
I can't wait for the Mama Joyce/Todd drama to continue. Todd needs to lay down the law on Mama Joyce. She really needs to let Kandi live her life.
- [quote]Phaedra didn't truly name her son Mr.President did she?
I LOVE that. "Why he's paler than Michael Jackson."
- Maybe she meant he'll be the future president.
- r97, Phaedra's first interactions with her children are PRICELESS. I know if Ayden or Dylan ever go to therapy as adults, all they will need to see is Phaedra holding them for the first time LOL
- Ugh so much homophobia in this culture: "My man dint want me so he gay!!!"
- It sounds like everyone in Atlanta was talking about Kordell being Gay R100. But Porsha went head and married him anyway.
- Did Porsha sign a prenup?
- R100, there has been gay rumors about Kordell for years. Your post is ridiculous.
- I guess you're forgetting all the "he gay!!!" thrown at Walter.
- Oh, you're right. I am. Poor Walter. Kenya's a witch.
- I guess you're forgetting that you are on a message-board that calls every attractive male celebrity in Hollywood gay. And consistently refer to female celebrities as beards. Still "gross"? Calling the gayest of all the Housewives shows homophobic. Now that gross and ridiculous.
- LOL @ Phaedra calling Kenya "that beauty queen on bath salts"
- [quote]Kenya wears enough makeup for three people.
Kenya's complexion is scrunchous when it crunches!
- Kenya is ashy.
- Porsha and Cynthia look lovely with the lightened hair colors.
- Porsha is a lot more assertive this season. I hate that it looks like we're going to have a New Jersey brawl on ATL housewives. Terrible.
- So is this Kenya's African Prince? He's sexy.
- Pardon my cynicism, but I don't believe for one hot minute that the dude pictured in 112's post
is really into Kenya. js
- Oh and I had no idea that Porsha went into the marriage already aware of the gay rumors surrounding Kordell. But I guess he told her it wasn't true and she believed him. That's very interesting. I hate that he did this to her, she's very hurt.
- These ladies know that "he's gay!!!" Is the best way to destroy the reputation of men with which they are unhappy. It's a cultural thing,
- RHOA is truly the best housewives' franchise without question.
Kenya is of course keeping everyone guessing. There were reports earlier in the year that she was dating D'banj, the Nigerian guy. It's also reported they could be just friends. More recently, reports are that she's dating Roger Bobb, CEO of a tv/film production company but again they could be just friends. Here is Roger:
- and just ignore the racist troll in this thread, looking to cause a fight. Typical DL shit stain.
"I'm Kenya Moore and I will not be dismissed".
Kenya is full of BS but I'm glad someone will take Sheree's place in fighting with NeNe. I did miss that last season. Kenya won't back down, much like Sheree.
- I'm sure Kordell had Porsha sign a pre-nup.
I would say he is a gay man. Walter is gay.
I think there is a very large gay community in Atlanta...pretty much the same as every other place in the country.
All of those gay men who got married and had kids...now all of those children have grown up and half of them are gay.
- Exactly, R117. He's an example of why there is so much tension and separation between black and white gays. I don't see that riff healing anytime soon, especially given recent events and people like the troll in this thread fanning the flames.
Yes, I also like that Kenya won't back down. She can't read like Nene, though. In fact, I'd say that Sheree could read better than Kenya also. If you going to come for Nene you better know how to read and shut that library down.
- Why do you say that, R113? Is he too fine for Kenya?
- R118 , there most certainly is a huge gay scene in Atlanta lol. There is a big mix though, of queens like Miss Lawrence, Derek J and Dwight, and the closet types.
To be fair, R119 , there are plenty of white gays who don't act that way. It's just most of them don't post here, unfortunately.
I agree Kenya was out-read tonight, but I think she'll get better as the season goes on. She won't want to always come up short against NeNe in the arguing scenes. Kenya, like NeNe, has a huge ego. We'll know when she reads NeNe good because that's when NeNe's voice will raise. Sheree really brought that out in seasons past lol
Yeah, Kenya needs to brush up on her reading skills so she can get Nene together at least once. I know it sounds like I don't like Nene, but she's my favorite Housewife, lol.
- oh I love NeNe too, I just want to see her feathers ruffled a bit. It's entertaining.
BTW I will say Kenya WENT THERE by grabbing NeNe's ear. That was hilarious.
Just saw WWHL, Kenya confirmed she's still with the Nigerian prince.
- Yes Gawd! I thought wigs were about to be snatched when Kenya grab Nene's ear. I guess the gods were busy that night. I agree about Nene needing to get her feathers ruffled. That's when she gets very serious and reads for blood. But I love Nene's messy ass, flaws and all.
Is he really a prince? His lips are doing something to me. And you know he has a BODY under those clothes.
- New Thread for Fashion Queens? Lawrence , bevy and Derek J? That'd be swell!
- For those of you who missed the highlight scene:
- Kenya's man
- Kenya was also coy on WWHL when a viewer's tweet question asked if she was pregnant, but Kandi said Kenya is just playing and likes to keep us guessing.
I'd LIVE to see a pregnant Kenya. She would make pregnancy more fun and zany than anything we've seen from Phaedra, Zolciak or Tamar Braxton.
Plus Kenya and D'banj would have a gorgeous baby. Sadly it's probably not true though.
C'mon Kenya-get that D and cut a hole in the condom!
- [quote] I really enjoyed the first show tonight and I have high hopes for this season.
[quote] RHOA is truly the best housewives' franchise without question.
Looks like ATL is gonna BRING IT this season. I actually watched the premiere 3x because it was so entertaining!
Porsha.... YASSSSS honey! Oh, she went there. And Kordell must want to beat the crap out of her. Probably the biggest mistake he ever made was allowing himself to be on this show.
Before this, there were only rumors. Now, he can officially consider himself to be OUTED. Between the "that was a queen move," comment from Nene, and all of the gay insinuation from Porsha and her mom, Kordell Stewart is all but OUT.
My mouth dropped when it all came out.
[quote] Phaedra calling Kenya "that beauty queen on bath salts"
That line was CLASSIC! But it was more like, "a beauty queen on baff sawts." J'adore Phaedra. She really is a nut.
Apollo is nice to look at, but I can see how she can grow tired of him. He's dumb as a rock, and probably not the least bit intellectually stimulating. She used him as a breeder, and nothing else.
[quote] I hate that it looks like we're going to have a New Jersey brawl on ATL housewives.
And of all people... KANDI is involved! She's usually so low-key and reserved, but that girl is BRINGING the drama this season.
That whole shit show with Todd fooling around with her best friend, is nuts! Don't these guys understand that EVERYTHING they do in ATL will get back to their girlfriends/wives?
Apollo looks totally whipped now because he KNOWS that if he ever fooled around, Phaedra would find out. Same with Greg, and same with Peter.
Apparently, Todd doesn't give a shit, and neither does Kandi. It was very telling in the previews when Kandi told her mom, "do you want me to be alone for the rest of my life?"
It really sounds like Kandi knows, but she's settling for Todd because she can't find anybody better - even though he's a cheater.
I really thought Kandi was smarter than that, but even people with money have a hard time finding true love.
And boy, does she get HOOD in the season previews. She's ready to beat someone's ass down, and I think it's Kenya. Weird that she would appear with Kenya on WWHL.
These ATL girls really know how to bring the drama, in a much different way from their closest competitors, RH of New Jersey.
They are not related, but they are ALL involved in each others' lives, as well as their families and friends, and they are ALL UP IN EACH OTHERS' BUSINESS!
I can only imagine how much shit is goin on behind the scenes of this show, because it sounds like they are meddling in each others' lives both on and off camera.
NJ was always my favorite, but ATL has really taken over, and I now understand why it brings in the ratings. There's fun, fashion, drama, comedy, family, craziness, business, drag queens, etc etc all rolled into one hell of a show. And girl, NOBODY embraces the gays like these ladies do!
My favorite thing of the show HAD to be when Nene read Kenya over the wedding snub, and did her snap and roll. "When I have my event, I'm gonna worry 'bout how Nene events gonna... *snap* BE!" Omg... Miss Lawrence was just SO entertained! I love how Bravo labeled the confrontation: "Nene Shuts Kenya Down."
- It was a good premier but I'm really looking forward to Bev Hills tonight.
There's just something about shit stained pillows that is so intriguing.
- Most fabulous thing about all of the confrontations? Cynthia just standing there, serving FACE!
Seriously, Cynthia doesn't have to do anything but just stand there looking like a model, and I love her for it! She is SO beautiful.
She can be as boring as dishwater, but Bravo had better not get rid of her, because I can stare at her and her different hairstyles all day!
- [quote]Apparently, Todd doesn't give a shit, and neither does Kandi. It was very telling in the previews when Kandi told her mom, "do you want me to be alone for the rest of my life?"
Gurl, I didn't catch that part in the previews! Honestly, most women in long term relationships and marriages give their man a pass for cheating a couple of times. Its not as big of deal as I think her mom is making it out to be. Kandi seems like a modern and sexually liberated woman. Hell, she sells a line of dildos! Those hit songs she wrote pretty much tells me that she refuses to trip off anything man related. I wouldn't be surprised if they had an open relationship and she was getting hers on the side too.
- The Porsha divorce shit reeked of a planned storyline to keep her on the show, given that rumors were she would be dropped. But 'outing' him like that was definitely not part of any fake story. Although I am suprised he would even film at all.
- That fight was staged to the max, and that is fine. It's actually more entertaining when they "play-fight" vs anything real. They both looked like they were ready to crack up at any moment.
- The scene where Porsha was on the couch describing the deposition to her mom and sister? SO staged and phony. I love how they're all dressed up to just sit around the house and chat.
But Apollo does cheat.. there was a whole embarrassing episode about him going to a motel with some whore, and she posted the receipts online afterwards, clearly showing he used his own credit card.
I actually think Phaedra is too ashamed to gush over him on camera like she used to, after that whole scene.
Phaedra needs to start juicing or something---her face looked so bloated last night and her jowls are really starting to hang. She needs a good cleanse.
I'm not surprised Peter's club is getting foreclosed on, as implied in the season previews. I heard that all of their appetizers come from the freezer at Costco, and if you plan to order more substantial food you have to notify them a day in advance.
And Nene is lucky Kenya didn't yank on those huge hoops, instead of ear cartilage.
- r135, something about Porsha's mom's wig was malfunctioning.
- Speaking of, R137, Mama Joyce needs a new wig. The Ms. Swan look is most unflattering.
- Cynthia is my favorite, I hope they don't push her off simply because she is low key.
And Peter, you can't ever tell what he's really up too.
- Kordell's friends and supporters are out on his Twitter today....
And of course Kordell is dragging Jesus into this.
Wasn't Kordell caught in the back of a limo with some twink earlier this year?
- Kordell was caught with a twink in Schenley Park in Pittsburgh back in the '90s, if memory serves.
- [quote]And Peter, you can't ever tell what he's really up too.
Not much, just spending his wife's money, as always.
- I would take one of Kordell's tweets as confirmation:
"Kordell Stewart@KSlash1026 Sep
I've become a huge Gwyneth Paltrow fan from Perfect Murder to all of the Iron Man shows. Great actress...."
Um, really Kordell? If you say so.
- As long Porsha was sweet little dimwit wife things were fine. That was until she got a brain & thought dfor herself.
Mama Joyce has good reason to doubt her daughter's choices in men. But A.J. & Tood seem nice. What I will say is that did not have the best track record with men.
- If Kandi doesn't get Todd to sign a pre-nup, whateve3r happens next is her own damn fault.
- [quote]If Kandi doesn't get Todd to sign a pre-nup, whateve3r happens next is her own damn fault.
And that would be a shame, considering she seems to be the Housewife who's best with money.
- I am going to visit Kandi's original Tags boutique soon and would DIE if Derek J. is there at the time, shopping in the Curvy Girl section.
I love the Fashion Queens, honey.
Kandi looked great on WWHL last night. To her credit, she barely mentions her chain of clothing shops, her vibrators, etc, unlike the other whores from the RH series.
She did say she and Todd are producing a musical about called "A Mother's Love" for a long weekend this fall. Smart of her to try and make some cash off of the drama herself, rather than letting Andy have all of it....
- Here is the link to Kandi's musical.
She's not playing with those ticket prices....$58 to $78, in a pretty big space.
- Cynthia is beautiful but boring. I like seeing her but that's it. I hope next season they downgrade her to "friend". She has no story line, other than Peter using HER money and blowing it with his bad business decisions. She's a fool and I don't know why she picked him. She can have her pick of men and she chooses this loser?
I love Kenya. She's determined to usurp NeNe's #1 status.
- I know most of you think he's repulsive but I'd bet that Peter Thomas has a banging body under those baggy polo shirts and khakis.
- His face is decent for his age but I don't think his body is better than average. We've seen him in short sleeve shirts before.
- His body is AVERAGE and he's broke. Cynthia can do so much better. I just don't understand. Here he is shirtless:
- It's hard to find a single brother with a decent job in the ATL.
Just ask Kandi.....
At least Peter seems to be faithful, so that's something.
- R153 because he knows his old, average-bodied and broke ass will never be able to do better than Cynthia.
She's an idiot for lowering herself.
- [quote] The scene where Porsha was on the couch describing the deposition to her mom and sister? SO staged and phony.
That was priceless! "At the end of the day, I'm still Porsha!" WTF does that even mean?
And the mom was so over the top. I went through a divorce... mmm hmm.. and I didn't want the same for mah children... oh, no! **can I get an A-men??**
And I knew sumthin' was not right... when you had a miscarriage.. and you were in the hospital... and he only came to see you one time... ONE TIME!!! **lord have mercy!!**
And the nurse asked... is she married?? IS SHE MARRIED??!!! **church organ playing in the background**
Love Porsha's half-sister in the background shaking her head like, "mmmm hmmmmm."
The only thing missing from that scene was if Porsha's sister had her hand raised in the air, and someone in the audience yelled, "slap him, Willona!"
That was THE best.
[quote] Ugh so much homophobia in this culture: "My man dint want me so he gay!!!"
As Phaedra would say, "chile please!"
Atlanta is the LEAST homophobic of all the franchises. The gays are PROMINENTLY featured in this show, and even got a spin-off from it.
In what other Housewives show would the church lady (Phaedra) say something like, "god bless Derek J in his hot pants and high heels, for rescuing me..."
If anything, these ladies not only LOVE their "judy," but most of 'em even channel their inner queen.
It's not homophobic to call out Kordell Stewart for his marrying Porsha as a beard. It's clear that she was in it for the long haul, and he was just using her. Who WOULDN'T be pissed about that?
And the rumors about Kordell being gay did NOT start in "that culture," as you so ignorantly put it.
The gay rumors started in PITTSBURGH, much of it coming from other NFL players. So get your story straight.
- [quote]And the nurse asked... is she married?? IS SHE MARRIED??!!! **church organ playing in the background**
[quote]The only thing missing from that scene was if Porsha's sister had her hand raised in the air, and someone in the audience yelled, "slap him, Willona!"
- btw, yes Porsha often wears wigs and weaves, but she actually has beautiful, naturally long hair. She's trying to promote a healthy hair care line. Look at page 1 and 2 for yourselves:
- R155, that troll is not worth your time.
Anyway, you guys are really cutting up in here! I'm laughing so hard my stomach is hurting! Dead at Ms Swan wig and the shade about Porsha's mom and Peter spending Cynthia's money.
Yassss, R131, Cynthia's face was beat for the GAWDS last night! I was gagging, loved it!
I didn't know Kandi had it in her, R129. I was shocked to see her like that.
- I also adore Phaedra's love of pushing her itty-bitties together to create a reasonable facsimile of a rack.
- How do I submit my application for Apollo when Phaedra leaves him? Id let him live me for free if he promises to clean and to not talk back.
- r159 her breasts must breathe a sigh of relief she takes her bras off, lawd!
Porsha's mom has a pretty nice house there. I guess she did pretty well in her divorce.
- R136, I've suspected that Apollo cheats on Phaedra. And I've suspected that she knew and had probably caught him. It makes me feel bad for her to be honest.
Kordell obliterated the closet door with that tweet, R143. But don't the queens hate Gwynnie? Or is that just a DL thing?
As far as the allegation that Todd cheated on Kandi with her best friend, I have to wonder if Mamma Swan/Joyce might be in the dark about a few things. Based on what I've heard about Kandi it's very possible that she is knows about the affair because she was there, as an active participant.
- R158, I'm not R155, but what do you mean by calling him a "troll"? For having an opinion that the show is staged and phony? Do you really believe that scene was not created for the cameras?
- [quote] As far as the allegation that Todd cheated on Kandi with her best friend, I have to wonder if Mamma Swan/Joyce might be in the dark about a few things. Based on what I've heard about Kandi it's very possible that she is knows about the affair because she was there, as an active participant.
Kandi already admitted to Nene and Cynthia during their trip to Miami and lesbian pride, that she would swim in the lady pond. Nene and Cynthia said absolutely not.
There is something awfully fishy about the whole Carmen Kandi and Todd situation. Kandi is just too cool with the whole thing, and watching Kandi over all these seasons, she has the MOST suspicious mind of all the ladies, so why isn't she even the least bothered by this story?
Could Todd possibly be a beard for Kandi and Carmen? Lesbians DO love their toys. I think that Nene even joked about it in Miami, and said "Kandi if you want to go and find a woman tonight, we won't say anything."
My gaydar is starting to flash with Kandi girl.
- I've always thought Kandi was bi. She has pinged for me from the beginning. I love how she is so close to her Mom and bought that beautiful house with a separate wing for her to move in "someday." I'm sure Mama wasn't happy when she saw Todd on the air trying to put the kibosh on that deal.
I never understood her relationship with the strip club guy who got murdered. He was like the least sexy man with six kids from six different women or something. Mama really loved that one. Todd is at least a big improvement.
- Did any of y'all check Kordell's twitter yesterday? fucking mess. He did queen out. Here are the highlights (I haven't checked today). According to him, Porsha is lying and he was helping her family out financially so now that they're cut off, they're fueling the gay rumors:
- Porsha's half sister is way hotter than Porsha is.
By the way, has anyone else been suspicious that Nene and Greg faked their whole divorce/reconciliation for a storyline and spin off?
- [quote]By the way, has anyone else been suspicious that Nene and Greg faked their whole divorce/reconciliation for a storyline and spin off?
Not suspicion at all, it was the truth.
Well halfway true, the divorce was not for a storyline/spin-off but rather to protect her new assets from his legal troubles that range from non payment of child support, receiving stolen property, to writing bad checks.
- Kordell trying to check Sybil Wilkes on Tom Joyner this morning!
- Nose job?
- R170 is that an older pic? Either way, Porsha is gorgeous, with or without a nosejob. I think all the Atlanta housewives except for NeNe are beautiful women.
Kordell is claiming he was helping Porsha's family out financially and they started bringing up the gay rumors once he cut them off! interesting. The rumors were around way before he got with Porsha though and his behavior is strange so...
RHOA of course premiered with strong numbers! 3.108 million bitches, compared to 1.592 for RHOBH premiere the next night.
- Porsha comes from a well connected Atlanta family. Shes like royalty, civil rights leader Hosea Williams granddaughter. Hardly a poor girln or from a poor family. That's probably how she met Kordell. At a one of her family's fundraisers or social event
- R172 agreed but Kordell claims he helped Porsha's mother out after she divorced her father...who knows lol with these reality people it's so hard to tell who's being truthful most of the tie.
- Kenya showing off her gorgeous, natural good hair:
- Oh Lordy where do I even start?
Yes that scene with Porsha and her family was staged. It was red meat "black girl pain" that was thrown out to the audience full of women whose men have "done them wrong." I do think Porsha really is stunning though. She is an injection of youth that this show desperately needed. Watch, in 10 years this show will still be on and Porsha will be the HBIC.
Kandi is at the very least bi, and I think that's what's going on with the Todd/Carmen situation.
Cynthia and Phaedra need to be replaced. They have both run their course. And I can't BELIEVE that Cynthia, a gorgeous statuesque true beauty, somehow ended up with that broke low rent Peter when she should be on some yacht with a billionaire in Ibiza right now. That is a real head scratcher.
- I can't stand Nene anymore because she has changed a lot. I watched the wedding show and she is so unbearably self centered and super haughty. She is completely obnoxious! She has become a major turn off to me and she isn't remotely likeable to watch. It's hard for me to watch the RHOA.
- [quote] I can't stand Nene anymore because she has changed a lot. I watched the wedding show and she is so unbearably self centered and super haughty. She is completely obnoxious! She has become a major turn off to me and she isn't remotely likeable to watch.
Nene is a classic case of "nouveau riche."
She thinks that by becoming this stuck-up, prim and proper "lady," that people will respect her, and respect her new position.
Everybody knows she used to be a stripper, everybody knows (thanks to Sheree) that she had her teeth done and her car repo'd, and everybody knows that she almost lost her house to foreclosure.
So all of this "I have arrived" bullshit is just that - BULLSHIT. People close to Nene had better let her know that her new persona just isn't working.
People like the vulnerable, endearing, loud-mouthed, HOOD, and tell-it-like-it-is Nene. It's what made her a star.
And if she tries to change her image, she'll be in for a rude awakening.
- I like the new NeNe. She's obviously had a lot of work done but it's done nothing but improve her appearance. She had a bad complexion but now she's smooth as silk and I love the way her eyes are done, esp. her brows. The hair is perfect too. I love it when she brushes it up. Gives her face more length.
I'm glad she got back with her husband. I've always liked the way she is with the kids.
Peter and Apollo have to go. They're both "get-overs" and bring down the show, and the women who put up with them. I do like Phaedra though.
[quote]I can't BELIEVE that Cynthia, a gorgeous statuesque true beauty, somehow ended up with that broke low rent Peter when she should be on some yacht with a billionaire in Ibiza right now. That is a real head scratcher.
- RHOA is still the best of the franchise. And this looks like their best season!
Cynthia will be more interesting if she finally dumps Peter. He's ugly and just keeps draining her wallet.
Apollo I'm sure cheats on Phaedra.
Nene is still a riot.
Kandi is definitely BI.
Miss USA is a bitch.
I love Porsha. Any husband who only sees his wife once when she's in the hospital for a week - just doesn't give a shit. He did her a big favor. He's a queen honey. Can't wait for Porsha to be on Wendy Williams!
- Is she getting rid of Apollo, because he is a damn lowlife.
- I would guess Kandi is a swinger, that's probably why she doesn't care if her boyfriend is faithful or not.
- I'll never the season 4 reunion with Kandi and NeNe arguing about dildos lol
- Wow! Porsha is really pretty in that pic at R170. I've always thought that Porsha had a great body too. Yes, R172, Porsha is as close to Atlanta's real elite families as this show will likely ever get. She was a big get for ATL housewives. I'm glad she's speaking up and being more assertive this season.
I'm quite sure that Kandi is bi. I've heard a lot of things about her sexual exploits and most of these exploits are well known. During last year's reunion they somehow got on the topic of threesomes, and Kenya said if she was going to have a threesome she wouldn't choose Phaedra to be a part of it; however, she would choose Kandi. That wasn't a random selection. Kenya of course knew that Kandi enjoys threesomes and sex with women. Kandi doesn't hide her sexual interest in women.
I understand why some people are turned off by Nene. She has changed. And it's quite clear that she is being encouraged by a gaggle of queens.Her cheerleaders are most definitely queens. However, I can't help but like her. She has flaws ( we all do) but I still like her.
Phaedra gets on my nerves at times but I hate that Apollo is cheating on her. And I hate the way he was looking at Kenya ( basically drooling) and flirting with her right in front of Phaedra. Phaedra doesn't need Apollo, Apollo needs Phaedra. She's trying so hard to help him become an entrepreneur and have some kind of success in his life. But he apparently cheats on her left and right. It's just a sad situation.
As far as Peter is concerned, I've never liked him. I know that he has purposely tried to soften his image a bit but that nasty, controlling jerk is still there. I've never liked the way he treated Cynthia, Cynthia's sister and to be honest, the way he talked to Kenya during last year's reunion. Cynthia can (obviously) do so much better.
- Sunday episode preview, Porsha checking Miss Kenya over her LIES!
- Cynthia IS what Marlo aspires and wishes to be.
She absolutely SHOULD be cruising the Med with a billionaire gentleman of a certain age... and she could.
Peter is a shady no good cheating flim flam artist...he must be hella good in the sack. As a matter of fact the bitch who put him on blast for their Ritz Carlton tryst recently said that he was the shit in bed.
Don't worry Cyn, we are about to hit that age when other things suddenly become more attractive than a big dick with good rhythm. Kick his Jamaican azz to the curb and get you some Ted Turner sponsorship.
- I think Cynthia knows Peter is a jerk but is determined, at least for a few more years, to prove the naysayers wrong that their relationship and marriage aren't strong. I bet they fight a ton off-camera but Cynthia stays married to keep up appearances. I kind of hope Peter does something awful to make her leave him so she can get a man worthy of her. I absolutely HATE seeing women who have it all settle for less. Why does she have such low self-confidence? That's the only explanation as to why she would settle for old, controlling and broke ass Petey.
- [quote]Phaedra doesn't need Apollo, Apollo needs Phaedra.
Yes. A lot of men have a hard time in this dynamic...That's why Nene and Greg went through their rough patch, when Nene became the main breadwinner. The men become support systems to the woman, and it just doesn't work out a lot. But the thing about Apollo and Phaedra is that this pretty much has always been their situation, so I don't believe this is their real problem. I think they have just grown apart. They really never seemed compatible to me in the first place. A lot of relationships are like that, the novelties wear off, especially when you have kids.
- haha R184 Porsha even got to clapping! yaaas!
- YESSS r188, thats when you know a bish is about to go off! She really laid into that "gyatdamn" as well
[quote]I know Im probably the only person who likes Peter on this board lol. He is spicy and adds good drama to the show.
From what I've heard about Peter, he was an events promoter in New York. You can make a great living doing that there because you have a endless base of clients that will pay top dollar, and there are functions going on 24/7 in NYC. Im thinking Peter took a huge hit by moving to Atlanta. Cynthia was probably the reason he left NYC, so she puts up with him using their money however. He is going to struggle finding a niche with all the "nouveau riche" in ATL, as r177 so nicely put it.
- No R187. Greg didn't have a problem with Nene earning money. The relationship issues were all staged and as someone pointed out above, it was probably to protect their assets. It makes sense and I believe it.
Doesn't matter because I guarantee Nene will be broke in less than 5 years.
As far as the info on Peter giving up a high salary in NY and moving to ATL for Cynthia.. I call BS. Peter does not seem like the kind of man that turns away money for a woman. He's controlling and would have made Cynthia move to NY to be with him if his earning potential was so high there.
She should just divorce him and get back together with her ex. At least that would make her more interesting and give her a storyline.
- [quote]The relationship issues were all staged and as someone pointed out above, it was probably to protect their assets
r190, the only source I found for this is on MTO lol. But who knows.
Looks like Nene is behind in her taxes in California, and Greg is swimming in past due federal and state taxes in Georgia.
- I'm not feeling Porsha. She's just plain stupid. Not a brain in her head. This is what a down low dude needs in a wife. Pretty and stupid. And religious. I doubt she questioned him on the gay rumors. She probably just hoped they could pray it away. More likely, she wanted an NFL Quarterback and the $$ that goes with one.
Seems like Kandi's longterm girlfriend couldn't resist Todd. Kandi was probably trying to strangle him because he moved in on her girl.
Gotta hand it to her though. She's amazing in business. That whole vibrator thing. Genius.
- Has "She by Sheree" happened?
Yes. Did you miss the show?
- Who the hell styles Kandi? She looks ridiculous in those talking heads.
- Thanks, r194!
How wonderful that mere mortals can now be as fashionable as Sheree.
- Gurl, She By Sheree, Chateau Sheree, all thing Sheree are OVAH!
- That loud mouth whack Marlo Ho is even worse than NeNe
- I am sorry but I must cosign with R_192(sheeit, it's been so long since I cited another post, I have forgotten how to properly reference said post)as to Porsha's lack of ahem, intellect.
The girl is brown sugar personified, but she has the IQ of a box of hair. Some of the malaprops/non-sequitirs she throws out are so funny I have to do a double take.
I enjoy her very much on the show, but i agree that she was a sitting duck for a man who wanted a beautiful beard who he(thought)would be easy to keep quiet and placated. She is good for comic relief tho... and perhaps we will see her grow and mature in her new life as a single lady.
I did not know that Greg and NeNe were in arrears with the Feds. Damn... IRS problems: Black celebrities' kryptonite. smh
- I think all but Kandi will be broke in 5 years and that includes, Kim.
- R201 I don't think Phaedra is going broke either.
Cynthia is going to stay in financial hotwater with that idiot broke ass loser of a husband we know as "Peter". I would LOVE a queen to just read him to his face. He needs to be taken down a few notches.
If any of y'all saw "Life After", the episode with Sheree, apparently she is now a fitness trainer. She's hoping to relaunch She by Sheree as a fitness line too.
- Is it just me or does Kandi remind you of Buck Wheat? Every time she speaks, she smiles and mumbles. It's very hard to understand what she is saying.
- Lmfao, buckwheat, yes! That's who it is! I wondered who
- Well I heard "I will DRAG YOU IN THIS BITCH!" pretty clearly! Kandi has the most southern drawl out of all the housewives, so I guess it would be difficult to understand her if you aren't southern. And she clenches her teeth when she talks lol.
- I don't think Kandi is hard to understand at all. NeNe, when she's not putting on the hollyweird accent, has quite the thick southern hood dialect.
Actually, Lucy, mother of "Mariah (that's not her real name)" on Married To Medicine, is the hardest for me to understand.
The RHOA ladies are fine.
- But Nene spent time growing up in New York, didn't she?
- I thought NeNe was born in NYC but spent almost all of her childhood outside of Atlanta?
- I wish Kandi would beat Kim's ass in court.
Kim's breeder ways are a real turn off. It's like she wants to tie her husband to her with all the children.
- R208 when they go to the next aka right court, Kandi should win the case.
- Kenya Moore countersues landlord, documents revealed.... I'm starting to think Andy Cohen has something to do with this thefamedriven site. They broke the Andy Cohen and Sean Avery story which Andy so happily publicized. How did they obtain Kenya Moore's court documents, they are a far cry from tmz.
- Didn't Nene grow up mostly in Athens, Ga.?
Also, what did you mean by Mariah(not her real name)? Did she invent it just for the show? Is her real name something hoodboogerish like Zonnique?
- R211 , yes Athens. Phaedra grew up there too (remember their dispute about whether they knew each other as youngsters or not-Phaedra says yes and NeNe says no).
Mariah Huq's real first name is LaKeisha. Huq is also her married last name.
- Nene and Phaedra get into it over growing up in Athens during EVERY REUNION. I don't know why Nene has such a problem with Phaedra bringing this up. Nene was probably fucking her cousin or whomever it was that was their mutual acquaintance and does not want people prying. Time to build a bridge and get over it Nene! We know you was a ho, gurl.
Wendy Williams said Phaedra and Apollo should not return to the show next season. To me, they are just starting to get interesting now that they aren't getting along. Like someone was tuning in to see Phaedra be a lawyer. Wendy, bye! And Lord knows we need eye candy on this show.
- R213 Phaedra said NeNe's brother dated her cousin. Now, NeNe is about 5-6 years older than Phaedra (unless 1 or both is lying about real age). If NeNe was in high school when they met, that would have put Phaedra at middle school age. A high schooler wants nothing to do with a middle schooler lol so who knows if they met more than just casually.
Both women (like most of the real housewives) have lied about things in their past so this is one case we're never going to get to the bottom of.
- Kenya was reportedly given a substantial pay raise this season. I think we can guarantee part of the deal was that she would go out of her way to antagonize and push NeNe to the point of snapping. While last season was entertaining, producers were probably unhappy with how little NeNe was involved. She only had minor tiffs with Kandi and Phaedra, and spent most of the reunion laughing at Kenya fighting with Phaedra and Porsha. Kenya needs the money and is very hungry for that #1 spot on the housewives, so I expect her to come HARD for NeNe both on the show and in the press this season. She is a producer's dream.
- Very perceptive analysis. I like it.
- Da AIDS!!!!!
- I felt bad for Kandi, I don't know what she will do with that mother of hers.
- What is Nene so afraid of? It makes me wonder if she was in trouble for one reason or another...what is her secret?
- Tip Harris's boo Nelly on WWHL with Ms Porsha @11pm!! This should be good. One victim of a downlow man sitting side by side another!!!
- That slayed me, R217. NeNe's country ass!
- Looking back at this episode, I realized there are two extremes of parenting...
We have Momma Joyce who keeps her daughter grounded, and at times oversteps the line.
Then, there is Porscha's mom who tells her daughter what she wants to hear, and cosigns her marrying for the wrong reasons.
1. Mother #1 gets to live in a house bought by her daughter.
2. Mother #2's daughter moves back home.
- Nelly is hot as fuck. He was visibly turned off by Porsha's airheadedness though. She is beautiful but too stupid for a lot of men to handle. Did y'all see that look she gave him at the beginning when he kind of turned her down? lol He said something to her "you don't want none of this" and she was crushed lol.
OK so this episode:
-I will continue to love Kenya for her craziness, as calculated as it may be.
-Phaedra's comment about Porsha's wig being "interesting" and her having a "small head which means little brain" killed me
-Peter-what a cunt for his reaction to hearing Cynthia's fibroid situation. Of course when the male doctor confirmed the condition he accepted it.
-Mama Joyce wow. I mean she was right about Kandi's ex fiance (the dead one) but Todd seems decent so far.
- lmao Nelly advising Porsha on the kind of hair he thinks works best for her (end of video):
- Is it me, or did Nelly act, particularly on the after show, like Porsha had a major case of cooties???
She is as cute as a button, but I think her half sis Lauren is a much sexier WOMAN.
Instead of working on selling her new hair line, Porsha would be well served to read a few books and try to expand her vocabulary a bit.
She wil never land a real quality man with her ditziness and looks alone. She'll continue to attract losers and playas.
I nearly cried over the way Miss Joyce is doing Kandi. I too had an overprotective Mom, and she ended up driving me away, so I worry about their relationship in the future. Kandi has a good head on her shoulders, and she is extremely pragmatic about her relationship w Todd. I do not see K being victimized by Todd financially regardless of how long their time together may end up being. Miss Joyce needs to let it go and have some faith. Kandi has had so much heartbreak in her life, it's time for her to enjoy the fruits of her labors.
Todd is the beneficiary of a "right place~ right time" situation.
- [quote]Phaedra's comment about Porsha's wig being "interesting" and her having a "small head which means little brain" killed me
lol. Since when do Phaedra and Porsha have beef? Phaedra's delivery is hilarious though. And why did did Porsha's wig get so much shade? I thought it was really cute.
OK, I was DEAD when Kenya walked out of court to those three "paparazzi" with those small ass cameras. I wonder how much Bravo paid those actors! Come on now.
Im glad we finally will get to see the real Apollo. He is a bitch and I know he is a nasty cunt when the camera is not there.
Peter was such a jackass about poor Cynthia's fibroid tumors. Every other black woman gets them at some point, so I don't know how his ancient ass is so ignorant on the subject.
Phaedra is so diplomatic about dealing with Kenya, I applaud her. But I wish she would have reached over and snatched her edges out like Porsha was about to do! All of Phaedra's confrontations leave me wanting for more because she is such a lady.
Oh Lord, and Mama Joyce. If Kandi was as obnoxious as her mom, she would've told Joyce that she can tell her about her man when she gets one! And Riley is going to hate her ass for trying to put her in the middle of it.
- [quote]Sunday night’s season premiere of Bravo Media’s 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' (11/3/13) earned Bravo the #1 slot in ad-supported cable during the 8pm hour among all key demos. The network also delivered its best primetime and total day since April, according to Nielsen," the release reported
- Kenya's gay is kind of cute.
- R225 Nelly wanted to make it clear to Porsha he wasn't interested lol. We could see she really was digging him. She's over 30, so that's too old to act like such an airhead.
- He is r228. I hope Brandon sues Apollo's ass for all he's worth, which doesn't appear to be that much.
- R230, if Brandon had a contract to appear on the show (beyond the standard release form for all extras/cameos) then he can't sue. We'll know what happens as the scene draws near.
In this past RHONJ season, the fight with Johnny the Greek vs. Joe Gorga, Chris and Jacqueline Laurita wasn't shown (we only heard audio) because Johnny the Greek and Penny didn't have a contract and they sued. For example, Kim D was contracted as a "friend" so if she had gotten into a physical fight, she couldn't have sued.
- I wonder why the guys continue to go after Brandon? First Kordell last season, now Apollo. Threatened much.
I'll take an over protective mom over one that doesn't care.
- Cynthia's daughter is into boys, and she's happy about it.
- Porsha on Wendy today
Wendy kept it 100 with her!
- R234 You ain't never lied on that! Wendy went there!
- [quote]Phaedra's comment about Porsha's wig being "interesting" and her having a "small head which means little brain" killed me.
Me too, but Portia did get in a good read back on WWHL when she said Phaedra looks like Baby Bop from [italic]Barney.[/italic]
- "Kandi need to drive Mama Joyce ass down to Shady Pines and retire her" LMAO
Funky Dineva says Joyce doesn't want Kandi to have a man because Joyce thinks Kandi's man will want to cut her off financially. Sounds about right to me!
I agree that Apollo seems to have a lot of free time lol
- I had to look up Baby Bop... haha. Porsha's not as dumb as I thought. That shit was dead on.
- [quote] Porsha's not as dumb as I thought.
Porsha probably played dumb, so Kordell could look smart next to her.
- Cynthia's vivid description of fibroid symptoms was quite gross to be honest. TMI!
- Could Peter be more of an asshole?
- R242 no, he couldn't. Old, broke ass, using and blowing his wife's hard earned money, sexist, not supportive, I just can't with his ass. I want Cynthia reduced to a friend next season unless she dumps this loser's ass. That is the only story line I would want to see from her. She deserves so much more.
- I have strongly suspected that Ms Joyce's displeasure re:Todd is a little more about self interest than it is about Kandi's happiness.
I am sorry to say that because I have liked her from the beginning and I still do, but the truth is the truth. I went through the same feelings after my father's death. I viewed all gentleman callers(on my mother) as possible usurpers of the family fortune.
I know...pathetic. I got over it and I expect Ms Joyce will too.
- [quote]I have strongly suspected that Ms Joyce's displeasure re:Todd is a little more about self interest than it is about Kandi's happiness.
She did say something about the possibility of someday (when Kandi and Todd are divorced?), Todd asking her to move out of the house that Kandi just gave her.
- [quote] I felt bad for Kandi, I don't know what she will do with that mother of hers.
I always thought Kandi was a strong, confident woman.. and she probably is.
But I feel really sorry for her because of all the blood sucking leeches surrounding her.
You always see it in people who achieve fame and fortune. Miley Cyrus, Jessica Simpson, Fantasia, Kandi... the families start to feel entitled to money, for some strange reason.
When it comes down to it, "Mama Joyce" isn't looking out for Kandi - she's looking out for herself. And though Kandi probably realizes it, that's her mother, so there's no choice.
This story gets fleshed out on the next episode when one of Kandi's entourage (Don Juan?) also starts to feel threatened by Todd, because it might affect HIS paycheck.
Kandi is nothing but a gravy train to these people.
And to think that she actually GAVE her mother that house she's living in. What a selfish fuck!
Kandi should tell them all to fuck off, and go marry Todd and get the hell away from all the blood suckers.
- [quote]And to think that she actually GAVE her mother that house she's living in. What a selfish fuck!
That the part that gets me. Kandi has been successful for many years now, Mama Joyce must be spoiled beyond belief to make a comment like that.
Don Juan might have some legitimate concerns because Todd could easily take the role as Kandi's manager, especially since he is in the industry. A lot of successful women end up in this situation when their husbands are the support systems to the wife. It rarely works out though. Wendy Williams is the only person I can think of that makes it work. I think Kandi is smart enough to know that she needs to avoid this.
- Do you think Kandi's mother was lying when she said Kandi's daughter told her she doesn't like Todd?
- r248 Probably bending the truth a little. As Kandi pointed out, if her mom is saying all this negative stuff when Riley is around she is bound to pick up on it.
I am kind of sick of Porscha, Phaedra and Keyna. Nene finally got her way - she looks like the sane one and that is saying a lot!
- R248 no I don't believe she is lying. Riley said last season she wishes it was just her & her mom. I think Riley just wants her mom to herself, at least for a little while. She was with A.J, & when he passed she moved in Todd. You have to get to know a person & instant love takes time. She didn't know who this man is. I like Todd & I think Riley just had to get to know him
- Riley might also just be telling her Grandmother what she wants to hear. She probably spends a lot of time with her and it's the easiest way to get her to shut the hell up.
- Peter and Kenya should both be fired, two total assholes
- Episode 3: Kenya twerking on a piano as she is evicted
- Gratuitous Apollo nipple pic!
- A kid doesn't always have to like her mother's boyfriend...as long as he isn't abusing the kid, they can just get along.
- [quote]as long as he isn't abusing the kid, they can just get along.
lol, I'll let Aunt Bunny handle this one
- Kandi can make sure that her mother and daughter are taken care of financially. It bothers me that the Mother acts like Kandi's money is her money.
I hope Kandi wins her lawsuit against Kim.
- No I understand Mama Joyce. Kandi has worked hard for that money & she doesn't want to see it going to broke downa, baby mammas, baby mama boyfriends, kids that aren't hers. She don't want a bunch of people living off her daughters money.
- damn read bossip today. Porsha and Kordell just keep slamming each other in the press.
- [quote]No I understand Mama Joyce. Kandi has worked hard for that money & she doesn't want to see it going to broke downa, baby mammas, baby mama boyfriends, kids that aren't hers. She don't want a bunch of people living off her daughters money.
Kandi is smarter than that.
To quote what she said last Sunday, "I wrote No Scrubs!"
- That Porsha-Kordell mess is as bad as the TLC-Pebbles feud. Both sides are making a lot of accusations and claim that the other is lying. In both cases, there is NO room for interpretation lol Clearly someone is lying.
I would like to know both Porsha and Kordell's dating histories. All we know is from Porsha's Wendy interview last week in which she said Kordell has custody of his son and his first ex wife moved to LA. It's always interesting when the father gets custody. Porsha also said she and his other ex don't really have a relationship.
- If Nene decides to leave after this season, (like she will EVER leave this show) I nominate the grand diva Perri "I wear Chanel bags" Reid, AKA Pebbles, as her replacement!
Really though, I wonder how many times Pebbles has been approached to do this show. Id love to see her check the ATL housewives by talking with her hands like she loves to do. Pebbles thinks she's somebody's mom. Bye Pebbles!
- R263 I don't think Pebbles would agree to do any housewives show. I'm sure she sees herself as above them. Now her daughter Ashley, her I could totally see. She has attitude and would immediately be cast as the villain. I almost want to start a petition to Bravo to hire Ashley Reid for next season. She's around Porsha's age so it would be perfect. Y'all know Ashley would not get along with Kenya, probably not NeNe and possibly not Kandi, as Kandi is a close friend of T-Boz.
Anyway, the Reid family is doing a family reality show, as announced by Ashley during an interview last week. I'm curious what channel would pick it up. Sho' ain't gonna be VH1 lol.
- BRAVO Media Speaks Out About The Backlash Over The Real Housewives of Atlanta Not Receiving A Promo Commercial Like The Other Shows!
- I was wondering about the lack of promo. It would have been fun to see the ladies shooting a theme as other shows have done lately. I will say that the exec's excuses are good ones: the show is SO popular it really doesn't need one and also they pay them higher salaries (except Porsha) than cast members on other shows. Still, maybe the answer is for Bravo to INCREASE the show's budget. RHOA is by far the #1 show of the network, so it deserves the most attention, money and promotion.
- Kandi weighs in on the TLC/Pebbles ish:
- I would like to see Nene and Kenya in a BRAVO promo commercial.
- Is a lot of this rerun because I've seen much of it before.
- Kordell, is a major closeted asshole.
- I hope Porsha realizes that Kordell leaving her was the best thing that could have happened.
He's an asshole.
- Love Kenya lmao "twerking by the piano"
- Apollo seemed quite tense tonight. Maybe needed to release some tension?
- - Could you give me a description of the tenant?
- Black, female, medium built, weave, contacts and implants.
- Kenya's hair is real though, that much we know. She has shown pics with a part going down the back of her head-no tracks. We've seen Wendy Williams run her hair through it, and didn't find any "bumps".
Apollo and Phaedra will stay married for less than 5 more years lol. They might make another baby but no way in hell are they in for the long run together.
That part about Kandi's sex toy missing from the box...I wonder if that was just staged lol I mean Kordell can't be THAT stupid to have actually taken it and think Porsha wouldn't put him on blast. She might have misplaced it, I mean she's not that bright. That part about Porsha saying he "might have shaken" her was disturbing...I just hope she's not lying...that would make her despicable.
- [quote] BRAVO Media Speaks Out About The Backlash Over The Real Housewives of Atlanta Not Receiving A Promo Commercial Like The Other Shows!
That's not the only thing. The show also recycled their intro video, just using different taglines. Exact same outfits and everything from last season.
Talk about cheap!
I can't BELIEVE that Porsha keeps going there. "That's a queen move." Oh my lord, she keeps outing Kordell in every episode! If there was any doubt before about Kordell's sexuality, there won't be any more after this season.
Next episode - she was afraid to tell the fertility doctor that Kordell wasn't having sex with her! MARY! He might as well come out at this point.
There really IS nothing worse than a woman scorned.
Kenya is such a mess! She cracks me up with her gay friend. You just know they're acting silly for the cameras, but it's still entertaining.
R274 cracked my shit up. I can't believe that bitch went there. Weave, contacts, and implants. And she stuck her middle finger at Kenya to boot! So ghetto!
Apollo is either gonna divorce Phaedra, or he's gonna be cheating on her left and right. A guy like that won't sit still for her abuse. She's really controlling and emasculating, and a guy like Apollo will definitely get back at her by cheating. Just watch.
Kandi's daughter Riley is the cutest RH kid of all! She is so so so sweet and gentle. I loved seeing her talking to Kim's chubby daughter when she had her glasses on, and they were having this really cute conversation a few seasons ago.
Riley's older now, but she still has a very sweet disposition. And the advice she gave to Kandi was so... mature.
Kandi must be doing something right, to have raised such a good kid.
Funny how Nene isn't the star of this season. "I have arrived." And a year later, she's out the revolving door.
I knew she was getting too big for her britches. Last year she was on top of the world, and now she's back at square one.
I think her split from Greg was a good thing. Her career really took off after that.
Since getting back with Greg, she's not as independent anymore.
She needs to move to LA if she wants a career in acting - bottom line.
- "That's something a queen would do: be dramatic. He wants to let me know woman to woman he doesn't give a damn about anything we had together."
- Hilarious when Porsha and Kandi found the empty anal beads box
Porsha keeps saying she was in love with Kordell, when it's so clear that she was just in love with the idea of being married, and all the perks that came with Kordell. A lot of young women are the same way, their man is just a prop in their marriage fantasy. All of that only lasts so long before you need true love to make the marriage work. Now the tables are turned and Porsha is finding out she was just a prop for Kordell's image!
I hope Nene gets a gig soon, nobody wants to see her with a long face all season moaning and complaining about Atlanta. Gurl bye.
[quote]Apollo is either gonna divorce Phaedra, or he's gonna be cheating on her left and right. A guy like that won't sit still for her abuse. She's really controlling and emasculating, and a guy like Apollo will definitely get back at her by cheating. Just watch.
Yep, Phaedra feels like she is the boss of him for bringing in the most money AND popping out the kids. She treats him like a sperm donor. Apollo doesn't feel respected, so she has basically opened up the door for him to cheat. I just wish it was with a dude, to add extra juiciness to the show!
- Riley is adorable and very wise. Kandi did a great job with her.
I think Kandi's manager Don Juan and Todd are going to clash big time eventually. I don't think Kandi was fully processing what Don was trying to say to her. He wasn't really saying that she wasn't going to work when she gets married, but that Todd was going to end up having influence over how she does business.
I dont think the editing has shown us how Todd really is, or he is just doing a good job of hiding it. All the people close to Kandi are not that selfish, well maybe Joyce lol. Todd must rub people the wrong way.
- We know that Todd is in show business so of course he's going to shove his way onto Khandi's train. Don Juan (??) isn't dumb.
- Since a lot of you also think Kandi is bi, do you think the falling out with Kim Z. had a lot to do with Kim Z. getting herself a Lesbian girlfriend prior to Kroy? Remember when that hit the tabloids... about the same time Kandi got to bawling about the record deal. Lover spurned and all....
- who knows r281..I wouldn't rule it out, weren't they both single at the time?
All I know it is don't want to think about Kim having sex with ANYBODY, male or female. No gawd.
- I had completely forgotten about Kim's girlfriend. OMG, how funny!
- So, Porsha was implying Kordell hit her?
- It just goes to show you...can't marry for money (Porsha) it NEVER works.
- R281 absolutely not. It was VERY obvious that Zolciak did that fake lesbian "relationship" just to spice up her storyline on the show and get in tabloids.
If Kandi were to go for a girl, she could definitely get someone much better looking than the plastic and fug Zolciak. Kandi has a pretty face herself.
As crazy is Kenya is, Conya seems crazier. We know 1 thing Kenya isn't lying about is her hair-it's real.Calling in 911 and saying the woman is wearing a weave? i mean lol
- Nene hospitalized for blood clots in her lungs!!
'I’m thankful to be alive'
- She must have been one of those people who sat for the whole time during her numerous cross-country flights. People, get up and walk a bit.
Glad she's doing ok now.
- I want to jump on the "Riley is adorable" bandwagon! She is blossoming into a very pretty and more importantly poised young lady. Kandi and Mama Joyce have done an excellent job!
I don't think there was ever any hanky panky between Kim "Dumptruck" Zolciak and Kandi.
Kim is so unattractive, and honestly I think that Kim's latent(maybe not so latent) bigotry would not have gone there.
Do any of you guys know which salon Miss Lawrence works at in Atlanta? I am thinking I would like to see him for a hair redesign.
- I want to read Miss Lawrence for saying Shitney Spears made him gag this week on Fashion Queens. Anyone praising her has questionable taste.
- Yes that was a bit odd.
- Being sedentary gives you blood clots? I'm in trouble.
- Remember that white journalist David something who died of an embolism after being balled up in a tank in Iraq for several weeks? And there are many cases of passengers on airplanes who experience clots on long flights. You have to have a predisposition to have it occur, but the problem is, do you have the predisposition?
- Christ I'm so sick of this ugly, manipulative, talentless bitch. Can't she just go away? I really don't find pregnant women to look beautiful or sexy, especially someone as horrible as Zolciak:
- deep vein thrombosis I believe it is called. You can develop clots in your legs and they travel to your lungs or worse your heart. Treatment is pretty easy if they catch it they can put in mesh to catch the clots and blood thinners to disolve them.
- David Bloom. Great looking guy and a fun fill-in on the Today Show. Died at age 39, left behind wife and 3 kids.
- Yep. David Bloom. And the most confounding part of that tragedy is that he did not meet the typical profile of folks who experience DVT. They are generally overweight, and he certainly wasn't even close to being that. I don't consider Nene to be thin, but neither do I think of her as overweight.
It's scary to know that something like that can happen with little to no warning. If I could make a suggestion to any with unexplained pains/discomfort in their limbs: Take an aspirin or 2 asap. That is a blood thinner, and even if the pain is not DVT, it won't hurt to take them, and if it is, you could save your life.
- Hey, even Serena Williams almost died from blood clots that went to her lungs. It can happen to anyone. In her case, it was while she was laid up for a leg injury.
I'm just glad in both Serena and NeNe's cases, the doctors caught it before it was too late.
- Speaking of Miss Lawrence, Bravo needs to stop putting that huge TV ratings box right over his head on Fashion Queens. It totally obscures his face in the wide shots, particularly at the beginning of the show.
Where do they film Fashion Queens? I saw Bevy talking about people being invited to live tapings---is it in NYC? Or in Atlanta?
Hard to believe Bravo would fly Derek and Lawrence to NY every week for the show, cheap as they are..
- R299 they do indeed tape it in NYC:
- Derek J is very fuckable
- Derek J and some cuties
- Derek J is fat and ugly and too queeny.
R302 that Jacob guy and Diesel? are both HOT.
- r303, Diesel has a Youtube show, haaayyy!
- thanks R304 ! Diesel is hot but damn he better enjoy having dreadlocks now-with that hairline he'll likely be bald before he's 40.
- r305, yes that is definitely a Stevie Wonder situation there! But Diesel is still very cute, I like his smile
- Bump! Any thoughts on last night's new episode? IMO, Phaedra had every right to read Apollo for filth. He's not being completely honest and something more went down between him and that ugly ass Kenya. Damn Apollo! You could do better than that, like me. ;-)
- Wow some updates:
Porsha is in trouble with a promoter after (according to the other woman) Porsha was contracted to appear a 4 hour event but showed up when the event had just 20 minutes left. Porsha apparently gave her multiple excuses as to why she was late. The woman initially gave her half of the money ($2000) but Porsha got into a verbal altercation with her and demanded the remaining $2000. The woman conceded but now took it back? anyway not a look if true Porsha dear.
#2 Trashy Zolciak gave birth to her twins and gave them these true white trash names: Kaia Rose and Kane Ren.
#3. Apollo was WRONG to text with a woman who is feuding with his wife! No excuse-even if Kenya initiated the text.
#4 can't wait for next week when Mama Joyce pops off on Todd's ass lol
- Kane Ren??? WTF????
- R309 yup. I'm sure redneck Kroy approved.
- btw loved the still-mic'ed dialogue we heard from the car as Phaedra and Apollo were leaving the restaurant lol
- I really don't believe Apollo. I think he pursued Kenya but Kenya didn't act on it. He obviously showed interest in Kenya and he has cheated on Phaedra so I seriously doubt that he'd change hotels just to get away from Kenya. His story is very shady and doesn't ring true. He seems arrogant enough to think that he can get any woman he wants and that all women want him. He wants to sleep with Kenya but Kenya doesn't want to sleep with him.
- It's clear Apollo is with Phaedra because she is smart and has money. He's basically bought dick. If he were smarter, he would get Phaedra to create a business for him, sign just his name on it, then leave her. I don't think Phaedra would fall for that though. I can't see them lasting until 2016. On last week's WWHL, Phaedra said this issue of the Kenya thing is over as this was taped a year ago, but who knows? I wonder why that story of the girl in the hotel hasn't been brought up yet.
- Kenya is a mess on twitter-i love it.
She's adamant that both Phaedra and Apollo are lying/liars...
- I really appreciate RHOATL because of their new found camaraderie.
I can't stand seeing the housewives being so disgustingly nasty to each other, like on the Miami franchise.
It's kinda cool to see the ladies of Atlanta bonding, and letting all the peripheral people bringing the drama.
The ladies all getting together to support Porsha, was awesome. It was really cool to see them laughing, joking, and backing her up.
I guess every episode needs a villain, and Kenya is it. I love how the show is portraying her as a broke-ass slut, completely with a "Nigerian Prince" as her boyfriend! Lordy, it doesn't get any crazier than that.
I get the distinct impression that the drama between Phaedra and Apollo is real, and I love how Phaedra reacts to it with a calm, cool, and collected vengeance. I love to contrast her temperament with Vicki Gunvalson, who feels that every time someone wrongs you, you have to scream like an ear-bleeding banshee.
Phaedra is a real character, and what's funny is that she is far more interesting behind the camera, than she is in front of it.
Even Nene was funny when she was laughing at Kenya's ghetto apartment and vicious dog! ROFL, this show is totally making Kenya look bad. If she's smart, she'll exit, stage left.
Next Sunday looks like even more fun, when Mama Joyce combines a Diana Ross song with accusations that Todd is a mooch! Lawd, have mercy, but I love this show!
- Nene's reaction to Kenya's new neighborhood was hysterical.
- [quote]Nene's reaction to Kenya's new neighborhood was hysterical.
And fake as hell.
Who is she trying to fool?
She should have felt right at home.
- Kenya is crazy but smart-she knows how she's being portrayed but doesn't care. She reportedly got a massive pay raise this season. Kenya is using this show for money and fame to do other things in the future.
NeNe is not as rich as she appears. Sure, she has made a lot of money in the last 3 years, but she is a huge overspender and in debt. I'm sure a lot of her things are rented or borrowed. While I find her funny, the whole rich bitch image is fake as hell.
Kandi is the only super rich bitch on the show and ironically she's one of the cheapest. Phaedra has money too but not anywhere near Kandi's level.
NeNe, Cynthia and Kenya make money but they spend so much they're not rich.
It's hard to know what's going on with Porsha-she made it seem like last season that she comes from a very wealthy family, but Kordell has implied he was paying for her mother's home during their marriage. It wouldn't surprise me if Porsha wasn't really wealthy either.
- From the guilty look Kenya gave and the shady, dodgy behavior of both Kenya and Apollo, my guess would be that they fucked around and are trying to cover it up.
I'm not really into the whole Kandi story line but next week's preview, with Joyce saying, "Ain't no mountain high enough... ain't no desert hot enough to keep me off your ass.." had me in stitches.
- Here is the link to the story of Apollo hooking up with the college student in Atlanta, complete with the motel bill.
This happened in April, but I'm not sure if RHOA was filming at the time.
Phaedra has to leave his ass---hope she got a prenup.
Her scenes with Apollo are so uncomfortable now...I was cringing watching that scene in Legal Seafoods. BTW, the meal must not have been comped for Bravo, since they didn't edit out Phaedra's comment about the rubbery clams.
- R320 here's hoping (praying?) that Kenya brings up that incident, either during the season or at the reunion. I'm pretty sure she will. She has to know about it.
- Everybody in Atlanta knew about it. The college girl said Apollo was on the way home from a trip to LA....could that be the same trip where he met up with Kenya?
The trip happened in November 2012, but the blogger got this info in April. I wouldn't be surprised if Phaedra and Apollo were already separated. At the beginning of this RHOA season, Phaedra was on WWHL and Apollo was the bartender. Andy referenced the relationship problems that would play out this season and Phaedra was just cutting her eyes this way and that. I wish I could watch that again to read the signs....
Personally, I don't think Apollo would risk his situation with Phaedra just to get a BJ from Kenya. I think he has been cheating for a long time and Kenya was just another hole at that point.
Sorry Phaedra, but it is true that pride comes before a fall.
- I dont think Apollo fell for Kenya's advances either. He was very open about all the details of what happened.
Phaedra seems like she is jealous that women (and gays!) find Apollo sexually desirable. That's what I got from her weird reaction to his story. Most women would just be glad their man didn't cheat, and would save that shade for some hussy like Kenya. What really burns Phaedra up is that she knows everybody sees her relationship for what it is; Apollo is a kept man who earns his keep because he knows how to put it down and he is fine. Hating on your man and not giving him any attention is encouragement for him to cheat.
- I blew Apollo at fantasy fest in key west.
- r324 In your dreams!
- If Apollo were going to cheat, why would he do it with Kenya? She would only blab for publicity. He would have to be way dumber than I give him credit for.
NeNe did not grow up in the ghetto.
- Is it me, or does Kenya have a mustache?
- Apollo's "answers" in the tabloids don't sound good today. He claims he only contacted Kenya for "business" reasons? Um, why would you want to do business with a woman who had a falling out with your wife over a business deal gone bad?
I'm SO ready for mama Joyce to pop off on poor Todd lmao. Yaaaaaas!
- How can you live with someone and not speak to them for an extended period of time?
With two babies?
Phaedra is trying way too hard in this.
- Anyone else bored by this season so far?
Bev Hills is just as bad.
- Phaedra is acting obnoxious and immature. She's going to regret coming off like that, women are going to be throwing themselves at Apollo now that they know she neglects him.
- Yes R330 they don't have any real drama anymore.
Remember on Ep #1 when Kim and Nene went to Sheree's party and Nene had to step over "to the mother fucking side"?
Now that was good.
I blame the economy. There are no Big Poppas in Atlanta anymore.
- R331 Phaedra can always buy some new dick if she and Apollo break up. There are plenty of guys who could fill Apollo's shoes.
Now I KNOW Cynthia did not just seek NeNe's approval of Noelle dating a boy...c'mon Cynthia it's your daughter. If you're OK with it that's all that matters.
- Quote of this episode:
"I live for a Hot Pocket."
- So I guess Phaedra wants a spin off show about her mortician business?
- I'm hating Kandi's mom. She's the one who is using Kandi and her money.
My mom also wouldn't acknowledge my ex. It's as if he wasn't ever in a room. She was and still is a jealous bitch.
Cut her loose.
- Yesss r334 lol
Did anybody catch that veiled shade Cynthia gave Phaedra when she said it was easier getting to know Apollo? Phaedra is not going to have any friends on this cast.
Mama Joyce is off the chain! Kandi's friend Carmen is right though. Kandi lets her mom walk all over her relationships. Kandi should've checked Joyce at the table. Some of her comments were ridiculous. Kandi's older brother died tragically when she was a teenager. Kandi has said her mom is fiercely protective of her because of this. Kandi will not speak up because her mom obviously still has issues with his death. They are in desperate need of some therapy with Dr Sherry!
- R337 Phaedra's only real friend in the cast is Kandi. She's had problems with everyone else at one point or another.
- Did Porsche take the special bus to school?
I will say her mom ROCKS that Veronica Lake hairdo.
- Totally agree R337 - her mom has abandonment issues and wrapped Kandi into it at a young age. Her mom's a controlling lying bitch.
And Kandi just shrugs her shoulders and allows it - which is fucking crazy.
- Mama Joyce has me fired up! She needs to take several seats. She is full of hell. I'm glad Todd told Kandi she was laughing too much about this. I get that's her nervous tic or her way to diffuse a situation and she is used to this from her mother but she can't expect him to be unfazed by it. That broad is more interested in Kandi's money than Todd is.
- I died laughing in the previews for next week seeing old ass Mama Joyce going ballistic trying to attack Kandis friend at the dress shop. She's really lost her mind. I wonder if its Mama Joyce that Kandi flips the fuck out on later this season?
- After reading Cynthia's "I'm so relieved my daughter isn't a lesbian" thing and how she's trying to not be her mom, I think she's trying to be the opposite of what her mother was. Any extreme is bad. I've seen her dressed in some questionable outfits for her age.
Look at this last generation who has thrown the baby out with the bath water. "Oh, that's old school" and look at the outcome. People always end up saying they regret it when they take that too far. Billy Ray Cyrus recently admitted to this. The young man seemed like a nice kid. I cringed when he called Peter by his first name.
- Why does Peter always have to intimidate people?
Inadequacy issues? Black thing?
- I don't think Noelle should be calling him her boyfriend, they are too young for that. But Cynthia went about this the right way for the most part. If you don't allow your kids to have friends they rebel big time. And it's good that they are about to discuss sexual safety with her. It's better to set realistic boundaries with your kids and school them early, rather than to have them going behind your back acting a fool because you're too controlling. And Nene is the last person I would ask motherly advice from.
- new Apollo pic from his instagram-HOTTTT:
- I'm sorry, but Mama Joyce is kind of a fucking bitch.
- Maybe Kandi needs to explore some Atlanta-area assisted living facilities for Mama Joyce.
That should put her ass back in line.
- When Kandi's fiance was murdered, did the police investigate Mama Joyce?
- Some of you keep going on about Apollo. There are younger and better looking born everyday. Phaedra needs to kick this dumb, want-to-be gigolo with no income potential to the curb. There is nothing hot about a grown ass man with no job.
- lol r349. If I was Todd I would not let Kandi leave me alone with her
r350 please. Phaedra thinks she is somebody's mom. She probably couldn't handle a man with his own thing going on. If she wanted that type of guy, she would have him! I too thought Apollo was nothing but a leech, but now we know they are both just playing their positions in that relationship.
And did Phaedra really need two assistants to drive her to Alabama to study? Gurl bye.
- There is such a shortage of qualified eligible brothers in Atlanta that Phaedra had to resort to marrying a former jailbird several years younger than herself.
Once that marriage is over, I think it will be interesting to see what Apollo is up to...will another trip to the pen be in order?
- There are plenty of rich black men in Atlanta. Phaedra is attractive-not gorgeous or beautiful, but certainly an attractive woman. On top of that she has brains, a good business sense and her own money. Maybe she's too independent for a lot of successful men, but personally I think she should be able to do much better than Apollo. If he were smarter, he would take Cynthia up on the modeling thing while he's still under 40. That's probably his best bet at making any kind of money.
- Poor Nene thought her storyline this season would show her filming in California again. But after Cory's death they pushed the season back and now she is reduced to shopping scenes individually with each housewife.
That's gotta suck for her. At least Cynthia had her fibroid story line.
- People think Kandi let's Joyce control her. Noooo Ma'am. Kandi has doubts about Todd too and every other man she has been involved with. She let's Joyce give voice to her doubts. This way she keeps her 'man' satisfied and Joyce gets to play pittbull. Kandi definitely wants Todd to sign that prenup and you best believe she will not walk down the aisle without it. She let Kim punk her regarding the money and royalties from that 'song'; she won't let it happen again, not even with Todd.
- Kandi should ask Todd and her best friend to take a lie detector.
- How could you bitches on a gay messageboard be so blind to the obvious? Kandi is the epitome of bi, and I would bet good money that her, Todd, and that Carmen girl have all played together. Whatever may or may not be going on with Todd and Carmen isn't an issue cause Kandi is involved in some way or another. But I do believe a lot of this boils down to Todd not wanting to sign a prenup. That in itself is shady as fuck and he deserves the side eye for that.
- Did anyone notice that Kandi and Carmen have the exact same voice and they speak in the exact same way? Weird.
- It's just weird seeing Mama Joyce get so buck. I remember a couple seasons ago when sweet Joyce wanted NeNe, Kim and Sheree to "say hello" to each other... lol
- [quote]But I do believe a lot of this boils down to Todd not wanting to sign a prenup. That in itself is shady as fuck and he deserves the side eye for that.
News comes that he's signing.
Mama Joyce with a Gun to his Head
- I would sign a prenup for sure but my only stipulation would be "if we break up because you're cheating, you owe me a nice chunk of money to make up for the years I wasted with your ass".
- r354, Hollyweird Nene was ok, I like Atlanta Nene better.
r357, even if Kandi is indeed in a threeway relationship, that still doesn't give Mama Joyce a pass to act like she has lost her damn mind! r359, Joyce was drunk at that dinner, and she probably tossed back a few before she got to Kandi's house.
As for Phaedra and Apollo...its not like Phaedra met Apollo right before the show started. She's known him for a long time. She probably felt like she needed to wait for him to mature before she decided to marry him and have a family. Im sure Phaedra likes the dynamic of their relationship; she has the control. I dont know how long she thinks Apollo is going to stick around for that.
- Does anyone know why Dwight hasn't been on the show for last few seasons?
He was the original gay on the show before Derek J and Miss Lawrence came around.
What happened to him, and does anyone if he's friends/enemies with the other 2?
- [quote] Hollyweird Nene was ok, I like Atlanta Nene better.
I have arrived! Now what?
[quote] Kandi is the epitome of bi, and I would bet good money that her, Todd, and that Carmen girl have all played together. Whatever may or may not be going on with Todd and Carmen isn't an issue cause Kandi is involved in some way or another. But I do believe a lot of this boils down to Todd not wanting to sign a prenup. That in itself is shady as fuck and he deserves the side eye for that.
Hell yes. CarMON is bi for sure and so is Kandi. This is definitely about the pre-nup, and Mama Joyce is definitely being "the enforcer" for Kandi. It's a good strategy, and you can tell that Kandi is always glancing over at Todd to see his reaction. She's a shrewd business woman, no doubt.
[quote] next week seeing old ass Mama Joyce going ballistic trying to attack Kandis friend at the dress shop. She's really lost her mind.
I almost think the whole thing is staged. Toad seemed to barely be able to contain himself from laughing when Mama Joyce was doin' that "aint no mountain high enough, aint no desert hot enough to keep me off yo' ass, baby!" It was funny as hell!
And then they were doing that stupid little eye-finger thing, and again Toad was like, "we're gettin' to know each other."
And the last line was a classic setup. Kandi: "aint you got nothin' to say?" Mama Joyce: "pie is good." ROFL
Staged or not, this shit is still ten times funnier than OC, Beverly Hills, or Miami.
- Dwight had a falling out with Nene. Nene is the star of the show. Dwight picked the wrong bitch to fuck with.
- Will Khandi get a wedding spin off show like Kim, NeNe, and Tamra did? Enough already, Andy! Though a ghetto version of Endora vs. Derwood might be good for a few laughs.
- Kandi is a Southern girl through and through. She isn't going to cut off her mother, yell at her or disrespect her in any way. That's just the way it is. She will just keep her feelings inside or talk about the situation privately with friends and family. She's embarrassed and feels helpless but hoping that her mother will eventually accept Todd and not destroy her relationship.
Southern mothers tend to be overbearing but Momma Joyce's behavior is outrageous and I have to wonder if she has a drinking problem. Kandi has a reputation for taking care of men so I suppose Momma Joyce is simply tired of seeing her daughter take care of men. Momma Joyce is from a time when women wouldn't even dream of taking care of a man and if a man wasn't a good provider he was worthless and not kept around.
- I ain't southern lol I respect my momma but I'll be dammed if she tells me who I can and can't be with. You can let someone know without cussing and using profanity btw. I think this "you can't say anything to oppose your parents" southern ish is BS. It's just a justification for older people to be allowed to disrespect younger.
Dwight supposedly had his car repossessed in front of his salon back in October lol
- Todd is broke and not much to look at so he must be a freak in the sheets for Kandi to keep him around.
- I'll bet Dwight is LIVID that Lawrence and Derek J got their own show...
Ha ha ha.
- I'm sure they know of each other, but is Dwight friends with Derek J or Miss Lawrence? Or is there some sort of ATL kween beef between them?
- Dwight probably didnt have time to tape because he was having his nostrils reopened so he could breathe again.
- I think this has less to do with Mama Joyce and Kandi being southern, than it has to do with Mama Joyce's issues about her late son.
- I wonder if producers told Kandi to amp up the drama this season, as her life normally isn't crazy and ratchet. Mama Joyce lunging for Carmen next episode? yaaas!
- Mama Joyce getting turned up!!!
- Phaedra still being grouchy as hell over nothing:
- Mama Joyce is pissed because she done seen anutter hog at the trough next to her fat azz. She be protettin' her meal ticket!
- Somebody needs to give Kandi a brochure to Shady Pines for Mama Joyce's silly old ass.
- Porsha and her sister Lauren are adorable together.
- Last night on WWHL Andy told Patty Stanger that Porsha wanted to be set up. Patty immediately agreed that Porsha would be on her show next season.
(Probably thrilled with the implication that there would BE a next season.)
Andy also mentioned Kim Richards and Patty agreed to that as well. So we have that to look forward to.
I noticed the RHOBH thread is gone now...do all filled threads disappear now? If you have a DL membership can you still read them?
- [quote]Todd is broke and not much to look at
I think Todd is a cutie.
- Todd is cute but he has no body. If he went to the gym he'd be hot.
So today Porsha and Kordell's divorce was finally finalized. Kordell is going to contest paying spousal support though, citing that Porsha is young and capable of working.
I expect Porsha to get with a rich hot guy by this coming spring at the latest.
- Porsha probably doesn't need Patty, Im sure she already has dudes trying to get with her. She really needs to just grow up and figure out what she wants in a partner.
Todd looks good like he is. He has a handsome face.
- Kandi posted yesterday a throwback pic from her Xscape and pre-thickums days. Her body is so different now (ignore that alien Tiny next to her):
- Mama Joyce is so disrespectful. It's like she is the unruly child and Kandi is the parent that has no control.
Carmen showed a lot of class, I would've checked Mama Joyce and her old ass aunts into next week!
I bet not a single one of them has a man.
- Barely a post on tonight's show.
Told ya it was a huge bore.
Is this why Andy lost his job?
- Kandi got that yodel talking from Joyce and her aunts, they were like a yodel talking trio.
- R386 no, last night was prime time. I ain't paying for this shit.
Mama Joyce is off the wall crazy. I hate how Miss Lawrence said Carmen was wrong for talking back to her on Fashion Police. I don't give a shit if she's an elder-Mama Joyce was WRONG. Kandi invited Carmen to the dress fitting and it's not Mama Joyce's call to ask her to leave. Carmen showed restraint even when Joyce took off a shoe and tried lunging at her. This business of "you can't say anything back to an older person" is BS. While I'd never start drama with an elder, I'll be damned if Imma let anybody of any age disrespect me.
I would love to find out more about Kenya's mom. All we know so far is she gave birth to Kenya at the age of 16 and didn't want to raise her.
Anyone else not fully believing Porsha "fainted on the stairs"? lol
- Oh, why did that fight between Carmon (that's how it's spelled, right?) and Mama Joyce get broken up? I wanted to see wigs snatched and faces scratched. Sigh.
"Hit her! Hit her!"
- Gurl... Mama Joyce got buck when Carmen called her a fool! Carmen's hair looks real or very expensive, it would've been a tragedy to see it get snatched. Mama Joyce's Chinese dragon lady wig from Sally's wouldn't have been a huge loss.
[quote]I hate how Miss Lawrence said Carmen was wrong for talking back to her on Fashion Police. I don't give a shit if she's an elder-Mama Joyce was WRONG.
Please. Lawrence just wants to make sure he doesn't burn any bridges so he can still get paid to do Kandi's and her mom's hair occasionally. I know he would read that old heifer down if she would've tried him out her mouth like that!
It's no wonder Kandi hasn't had any stable relationships, and Todd is not going to put up with that. She's destined to be alone as long as Joyce is around.
Phaedra really needs to get over herself. Your snatch is not made of gold hunny. I really dont want hear her sob story when Apollo gets caught out there. Apollo is a young virile guy and she neglects him. If she wont satisfy him, I volunteer!
- Mama Joyce has crossed the line from lovably feisty senior to meaner-than-snake-shit old bag. Have [italic]several[/italic] seats, Bunny Swan.
- I really hate how Kandi defends her mom all the time and laughed at the fight.
I really liked Kandi, but I'm losing respect for her. Her mom is a horrible woman - and it looks like her aunt and grandma are just as bad.
It's mentally abusive and manipulative and she can't see that people are concerned for her.
- Kandi was pathetic on WWHL last night. She was crying yet saying she doesn't care how much hate her mother receives online. Um, did she and Joyce really think Joyce would receive a lot of love for her behavior this season? It's funny as hell watching an old bitch try to fight people half her age, but it's not a good look and will obviously draw criticism.
- [quote] Kandi got that yodel talking from Joyce and her aunts, they were like a yodel talking trio.
Haha, Kandi's two aunts were so cute! "I don't want ya ta get marrehd, bay beh."
I love how Kandi went on... "and what about you?" Aunt #2: "I don't want you to get married either."
Mama Joyce: "You know how I feel."
LOL, I love how that one guy said to them, "y'all are like a gang!"
[quote] I hate how Miss Lawrence said Carmen was wrong for talking back to her on Fashion Police. I don't give a shit if she's an elder-Mama Joyce was WRONG.
I'm really starting to think that Mama Joyce doesn't like Carmon because she suspects something about her "relationship" with Kandi.
A mother knows what's up, especially a busy body like Mama Joyce, and I'll just bet she doesn't want her daughter carrying on with another woman.
[quote] Kandi was pathetic on WWHL last night. She was crying yet saying she doesn't care how much hate her mother receives online.
I felt bad for Kandi. I would be the exact same way. She made some excellent points that she will take care of her mom no matter what, because her mom took care of her.
Also, she interestingly pointed out that her mother was the mother BEFORE she had money, so just because she has money now, doesn't mean that KANDI is now the mother. The relationship is still the same.
However, it's clear that Kandi lets her mother run her life and control her, so I don't see this situation changing anytime soon.
There's just too much outside interference from her family.
I'll bet that this is exactly how it was in the Jackson family, once Michael started making money, except with 100x more pressure.
The more money the child makes, the more guilt the parent puts on them.
- Grown-assed Kandi needs to truly grow the fuck up and stop babbling about "respecting" her mommy: this infantilism is not only sick, but most unattractive and if I were Todd I would be long gone. Respect should be mutual and reciprocated regardless of the relationship or the ages of those involved. What Kandi needs to do is develop some self respect, which is sorely lacking in she who is probably the most successful among all the Housewives.
Family therapy is in order here...as is, this will not end well.
- Mama Joyce needs to get herself a boyfriend (or girlfriend), and stay the fuck out of Kandi's personal life.
Where the fuck is HER significant other, and lets see how it would fly if Kandi trashed talked him or her.
If the shoe were on the other foot, you just know there would be no drama.
- Kandi's Mom is a total bitch and the fact that she is asking Todd and her friends to put up with her is not fair.
- Todd is fine, he has a career.
- If I were Carmon, I would have let Joyce hit me and then had the bitch arrested.
Joyce is so crazy, I wonder if she is in the early stages of Alzheimers.
- Mamma Joyce needs to be terminated.
- Put Mama Joyce's fat ass in assisted living. Kandi can afford it.
She can't afford not to, at this point.
The clock is ticking if she wants to have babies with Todd.
I can't believe the cameras showed a close up of Phaedra's jiggling belly during that exercise class. The honeymoon with Phaedra and Bravo must be over now...
- Kandi crying over her selfish, thoughtless mother was sad to see.
- [quote]I felt bad for Kandi. I would be the exact same way. She made some excellent points that she will take care of her mom no matter what, because her mom took care of her.
Me too. Kandi probably has always put up with Joyce's antics because she didnt want to cause Joyce any heartache after Kandi's brother died. Kandi seems like she is used to this behavior, and Joyce just runs with it because knows Kandi will keep paying her bills. She is horrid for making her daughter feel guilty and embarrassing her like she has. Kandi needs to stop feeling like she has to prop her mom up emotionally.
- Kandi needs to let go of the guilt that her momma dumps on her as well as her self-imposed guilt. Hopefully this dysfunction isn't getting passed on to Riley.
- lol Phaedra was walloped this week on the show. First Kenya talking about her post-baby belly during the dance class with the "I'm going to send her my Stallion Booty Video" and then NeNe calling Ms. Parks "the head doctor" of their high school lmao
- [quote] Hopefully this dysfunction isn't getting passed on to Riley.
Not unless Riley starts making big bucks. Then Joyce will be all over her TOO.
Did Joyce raise Riley? That could be another reason why Kandi always gives her mom the benefit of the doubt.
There could be a lot of history there. Kandi being a single mom, and working all the time, and being on the road making all that money.
Somebody had to watch over and care for Riley, and I'm guessing it's Mama Joyce. Now it's payback time... CHA-CHING!
- Kandi got pregnant with Riley by a married guy. I suspect a lot of shit happened in that family that we don't know about.
I'm sorry she lost her son but I can't stand Kandi's mother or aunts.
- I love how Kandi took on Wendy Williams' hypocritical ass (on WWHL). Wendy has a lot of fucking nerve talking about Kandi's man being a user considering the broke-ass man whore Wendy is married to. Go Kandi!
- r408, thank you, Wendy has NO ROOM to talk on this subject! Big Kev is basically a reformed thug/glorified bodyguard that gets a check from her show because he is Mr. Wendy Williams.
Kandi's relationship with Todd is a great example of why a lot of successful black women are single, or choose to date outside of their race and cut their families off completely. It is just too much work dealing with mothers who are lonely and bitter selfish. Not to mention all the haters and people trying to get with your man behind your back.
- There are rumors that for the last 3 seasons, NeNe has had a lot of input as to who is on the show (both housewives and friends etc) which explains why none of her rivals are on anymore. I think producers gave Kenya a big raise this season to try and become NeNe's rival.
There were all kinds of rumored new women who might join the show in the last couple years but none of them ended up making the cut. All of them apparently either had a bad history with NeNe or were looked at to be her nemesis on the show.
- Bravo is foolish to give Nene that much control. I would love to see someone put her in her place on a regular basis. Nene is a know-it-all pain in the ass. Love Kandi and Pheadra. I would love for Dwight to return and call Nene on the carpet in front of everyone.
- Mama Joyce and her little coven gave Tyler Perry enough material for years with their fracas in that tacky bridal shop.
And Kandi better hit that jazzercising hard. She looked like Shamu in those gowns.
- R412 check out the throwback pic posted in R384 to see what Kandi used to look like.
R411 In season 4, Marlo was originally brought on by producers as a new woman to have conflict with NeNe. It was rumored both of them had been with a football player named Charles. NeNe ended up calling Marlo and making friends with her prior to taping, pissing off producers. While Marlo still gave producers good material by getting under the skin of Kandi, Kim and Sheree, it wasn't their original plan. I have a feeling that was the other reason why they didn't make her a full-time housewife the following season. I really don't think her f-word slip was the only reason.
It was NeNe's idea to have Marlo on her wedding show a few months ago, but she wasn't expecting Marlo to attempt to outdo her lol Marlo's constant need for attention led them to have a falling out and they're no longer friends. It's rumored that later this season Marlo will return to RHOA but not as NeNe's friend. Apparently Kenya swooped in and has found a "friend" since none of the other women on the show really like her. This of course pisses off NeNe more. It remains to be seen if the Marlo footage will air (if you search online, you can find a pic of Marlo with the other 6 ladies in their female black legends costumes from the season 5 finale but she was edited out of the show) but apparently this led to fighting during this season's filming.
It seems like Marlo was willing to betray NeNe in an attempt to be made a full-time housewife next season. It may be too late for her but we'll have to stay tuned. Kenya and Marlo didn't know each other before this current season of RHOA and it surely ain't coincidence they were hanging out during filming:
- [quote] It's rumored that later this season Marlo will return to RHOA but not as NeNe's friend. Apparently Kenya swooped in and has found a "friend" since none of the other women on the show really like her.
Miss Kenya has always been known to be fond of drag queens, so I'm not surprised by this news at all.
- Another reason Dwight probably isn't on the show... didn't he align himself with Sheree?
- Dwight was aligned with Phaedra. He planned all her events then suddenly he didn't. Nene does not have the power to cast on her show. Nene is the highest paid housewife at 1 million a season and she knows that can go away but Atlanta can go on without her.
I think Kandi explained herself very well. That her mother was there for her, raised her and took care of her when she needed her and now Kandi is going to take care of Joyce and respect her mother. As fucked up as Joyce is you have to respect Kandi for doing that.
- I would like to see Nene in another sit-com and Mama Joyce, in another country.
Those dresses did not flatter Kandi. Strapless wedding gowns are for the masses, not for a wealthy, mature woman.
- You can take care of your mama but that doesn't mean you have to put up with all of her bullshit including physical threats against your fiance and best friend.
Pay her rent, send her some money for groceries, and then "Bye, gurl, bye!"
- I'd love to see both Dwight & Marlo back on the show. I always looked forward to their screen time.
- [quote]Bravo is foolish to give Nene that much control. I would love to see someone put her in her place on a regular basis. Nene is a know-it-all pain in the ass.
I agree. The show is way more fun when someone is getting on Nene's nerves and she is not trying to assume the role of godmother to all housewives. That's the reason I REALLY miss Sheree, and miss Kim just a tiny bit. Sheree had no problem checking any of these hoes even though she was broke, and I loved her banter with Miss Lawrence.
- Many of us owe our parents something but for Kandi to allow her mother to act and behave like a street thug, there is no excuse for that.
- R416 NeNe is certainly not a casting director, but she has a bit of influence. Producers have listened to what she had to say from the show's inception. It was her idea for them to bring on Kim and Sheree. Those 2 ended up being ratings gold. We even heard NeNe say during last season's reunion that she wanted to talk to Andy about replacing 1 of the women. We later found out that was Porsha. NeNe somehow knew Porsha and Kordell weren't being truthful about their marriage. When it was announced that Porsha and Kordell were divorcing, NeNe took back her comments and now is happy with Porsha being on the show.
- I too would like to have Dwight back on, mostly because I want to see how he gets on, or doesn't get on, with Derek J and Miss Lawrence. I'd also like to see how Kenya's gay assistant gets on with the other gays. We know he's going to get into a fight with Apollo down the road, but I'm curious if he knows the other gurls.
- OK so Da-wight is posting on DL now?
- Marlo says she'll be on the show in 3 weeks.
- R425 great news! we know she'll be with Kenya. Time for NeNe to GO OFF.
- oh and of course this week Phaedra is responding in the press about NeNe calling her "the head doctor" by saying it's a lie etc...get ready for more NeNe vs. Phaedra lol
Don't think it's going to become Nene vs Phaedra. Phaedra called in to WWHL earlier this week and said that Nene already apologized and said that she only said it as a joke because she thought it was funny. Phaedra wasn't happy and said it was false but again, said Nene already apologized and it was done.
- Phaedra and Nene get on my nerves with their on and off friendship. Nene greeted Phaedra like she was her best friend on this week's episode. It's not like they dont read each other at each and every reunion, and behind each others backs Im sure. If you don't like somebody, just be trill with it. Enough with all the fakery.
- R428 I'm sure it will come up again. No woman wants her name associated with oral sex, unless you're Karrine Supahead Steffans. Phaedra may be a lot of things, but she is very accomplished and NeNe's joke is quite humiliating. Imagine her preacher parents lmao.
- Dwight had the best line in Season 1 when he said about Sheree's fashion show, "a fashion show without fashions...how dreadful."
- Funky Dineva READS mama joyce!
- R432 interesting...I thought Funky Dineva had worked with Kandi before so I'm surprised he would go off (rightfully so though) on Joyce.
Looking forward to tomorrow! Finally a trip coming up and we'll see the ladies start to go at it. Everyone hates Kenya.
- Kenya is lying about her African Prince, isn't she?
- R434 we'll find out soon enough lol. She's always coy with her answers to keep her name in the press. She's crazy but not stupid. We're finding out Porsha is not only stupid but crazy.
- r433, Kandi is actually is his manager! I'm glad he didn't told back. It would make him look really bad to his following, people that watch this mess. And then Kandi would lose money too. He was right in everything he said.
The only reason I like Kenya on this cast is because she starts shit with the others. I think it would be smart on her part to keep her future relationships out of the show. Anytime she starts talking about her love life it is just huge mess.
- I think Mama Joyce should be knocked on her ass.
- Mama Joyce has to be faking the funk for airtime. What is the story with Kenya's light skinned male assistant that keeps popping up. Is he gay?
- Uh duh R438 - yes he's gay. And he's really cute.
Mama Joyce must be getting a lot of shit and each week it gets worse. God I fucking hate her - she needs to be punched down, threatening people all the time. God I hate that woman.
And please tell that beauty queen to stop busting out in songs and dances for no reason! God it's embarrassing. She's fucking crazy - seriously.
- mama Joyce needs to be committed before she hurts someone.
- Why would anyone sit around waiting for 3 three hours for anyone. I would wait half an hour, that would be it.
So rude...I mean if you don't to go, just say so.
- lol at Joyce saying she "could choke" Phaedra for introducing Kandi to Todd right to Phaedra's face!!!!
that keep-NeNe-waiting-moment was a recycle of the LA trip and I think it was staged. It wouldn't surprise me if producers told Phaedra and Kandi to show up a lot later. They're both professional women and it doesn't make sense they'd be 3 hours late on their own accord. The only one I could picture being that late by accident is Porsha.
I enjoyed Kenya and Kandi's scrimmage though. We know Kandi gets that buck side from mama! lol
Anyone care to guess why "Mynique" spells her name with a "y" but still pronounces it "Monique"?
- You don't introduce 2 short people with big heads!
- I'm feeling towards Joyce same way as I feel about Ryan from Orange County...they will probably be in jail soon.
- Mama Joyce seriously needs psychiatric help. I wonder if she got any counseling after her son died. She really is a mess.
I wish Marlo would come back. She'd shut Kenya up right away.
- Mama Joyce needs some mood stabilizers Stat!
- I love how they're screaming at each other in the van and the camera shows that they haven't even left the driveway!
Will the ladies stop by Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah?
- This episode was HILARIOUS
Mama Joyce is just too much, she is outrageous. Even little Ayden knew she was up to no good. I cant believe she tried to sit up there and read Phaedra for introducing Kandi to Todd! I was dead by the time she got around to the big heads, and I hollered when she called out Phaedra because Apollo's head is not big.
Phaedra had the line of the night when she got out of the car four hours late and said the last shall be first according to Bible LOL!
The road trips are guaranteed drama. I'm sure the producers told Kandi and Phaedra show up that late. They should just do a season where they are forced to go across the country. I bet one of them would stab each other by the time it was over.
- Seriously, how can any of them stand each other, at this point?
- What did y'all think about Kenya showing off the gun? yikes.
- LMAO this show is the shit... if Nene's friend is gonna cause trouble in next week episode they better make her a new housewife
Why do you think Nene brought Mynica on the show? It's obvious that she's trying to get her to be a new Housewife.
Watching Kenya go off on the bus made me wonder if Nene told her to. Is Kenya Nene's new mouthpiece?
- Mynique's husband Chuck was looking pretty appetizing! Does he have a nice ass?
- R451 it's getting great ratings. Go back to your boring RHOBH.
- r454, r451 said the show is THE shit, not just regular shit lol
r450, Brandon rightly freaked out when Kenya took out her piece, that bitch cray
Old school Kandi pic with the Aaliyah RIP and that hussy Foxy Brown:
- Did yall hear Apollo say he was "at the office" when he was ichatting with Phaedra and Ayden?
- I just can't over how NeNe's friend spells her name despite pronouncing it the standard way. It's interesting that she's going to come for Porsha of all people next episode.
- No talk about why Kandi was eating at Chickfila? Where's the outrage? Why does Kandi hate the gays???
- [quote]NeNe somehow knew Porsha and Kordell weren't being truthful about their marriage. When it was announced that Porsha and Kordell were divorcing, NeNe took back her comments and now is happy with Porsha being on the show.
Porsha's just been fired from the show.
- [quote]Porsha's just been fired from the show.
Supposedly two housewives are not being asked to return, one of them is Porsha. Who's the other one?
My guess would be Kenya. Wouldn't be surprised though if Phaedra got the boot. She doesn't have much of a storylilne.
Cynthia is boring too but Nene will probably make sure she stays on because she needs an ally.
- Bravo probably brings them all at contract time and asks them what conflicts they are prepared to bring to the table in the new season.
Porsha is boring and really dumb.
Kenya is boring too, but she's armed.
- but the ratings are through the roof. How can they fire anyone from the cast? Porsha's storyline about divorcing Kordell has been a HOT topic and got everyone watching.
Kenya is a ratings-winner too. Her appearances on "WWHL" and "Wendy Williams" always do very well.
If anyone needs to be let go, it's Cynthia. I like her but she's boring.
My thing is, if the ratings are doing so great, no one is bringing the show down.
RHOA is by far the most popular housewives' franchise. Jersey's numbers fell by half this season, Beverly Hills almost never reaches 2 million and OC/Miami do worse.
I'm not a big Porsha fan but it's shocking if the rumor of her and another housewife getting the axe is true.
I hope it's Kenya-I find her hilarious and a good shit stirrer.
- I think Phaedra will voluntarily leave after this season. Whenever she is interacting with the other housewives, she is completely disinterested and checked out. She has so much going on in her household, and it seems like the show is just a burden to her and her marriage now.
IMO Sheree left a huge hole in the show. Now that Nene is back in ATL full time, she is turning into super bitch. Nobody wants to watch all the housewives kiss her ass for fear of being fired. Sheree was not afraid to read her ass cover to cover!
- I can't believe that Kandi said she was late for the Savannah trip because "I had to stop at Chick Fil A". Dumb bigoted cunt.
- I don't give one single fuck about Cynthia's daughter's dating life. They need to lose that storyline.
- [quote]I can't believe that Kandi said she was late for the Savannah trip because "I had to stop at Chick Fil A". Dumb bigoted cunt.
Like Kenya said, "That girl could afford to skip a meal...or two...or three...or four..."
- I loved Kenya lecturing them on being late when she was an hour and a half late. How can you show up 2-3 hours late and act like nothing Not even a sorry. They showed up to Nene's party last year 3-4 hours late and she shut them out. Even Cynthia was late?? What the hell I know about CP time...but is it just expected black people are always late and don't give a fuck if you care.
- Get rid of Cynthia and her deadbeat hubby. Bring back Sheree.
- OH HELL NO r468!!! Please don't conjure up that horse faced lying tranny.
- you guys the being late thing was SO producer-induced. I'm sure Kandi and Phaedra were told to come extra late on purpose.
I hope Kenya is not fired and I don't think she will be. She really breathed new life into the show with her antics.
The show is doing so well and the rumor comes from mediatakeout, not a reliable source.
If anyone should be fired or downgraded to friend, it's Cynthia.
Marlo is coming back soon! If y'all watched the supertrailer, you would have noticed her standing near Apollo just before he goes after Kenya's assistant.
- If anyone should be fired it should be tired ass NeNe!
- No. They were just rude, late, thoughtless and inconsiderate.
- If anyone believes the late thing was real, you're quite gullible. It was even more scripted than the LA lateness incident last season.
btw LMFAO today in the press Kenya has been calling out NeNe's acting career and saying it's over and NeNe isn't a big star. I love Kenya. I'm glad she's pushing NeNe's buttons. That needs to happen.
- I dont know why people insist on hating Cynthia. I like Cynthia, Peter and Leon. Cynthia's storyline might not be as crazy as it was when she was getting married, but she adds a much need voice of reason to this show. And who knows, she might even get into it with Marlon later this season.
- r467, no. Unless it's a day party that goes on waaay into the evening, you are not suppose to be hours late. I'm early more than I'm even on time. I do not understand this lack of consideration. If I'm going to be 15-20 mins late I'd call or leave a text. I was blown away at how flippant they were with her time and the effort she put into making things nice/comfortable for them.
- Anyone see the headlines today that Peter and Cynthia came close to divorcing during Cynthia's episode with fibroids? Peter is A PIECE OF SHIT. I can't stand that broke ass, old ass, misogynistic fool. Cynthia is a dumb bitch for staying with him. He said he and his friends even talked about him taking a secret trip to Venezuela to cheat because no one would know him there, as Cynthia obviously wasn't in the mood to have sex during that time.
How can Cynthia just accept this? There are much better looking, rich and nice men who would wife her up in a second. I hate men like Peter. He's arrogant without reason to be.