- Lucy Lui. She looks fucking amazing on Elementary.
- How old is Lucy Liu? 40? 45? She does look good.
- For all the drugs Stevie Nicks did, she looks good for age 65, and very content as well. I won't say she has defied the aging process. But she is aging well, and in an authentic, happy-seeming way that most women would love to do.
- Dana Delaney
- All the women so far mentioned are ethnic. Have you seen Lenny Kravitz lately? The man still looks the same as he did 20 years ago. I'm convinced he eats babies to stay youthful. Too bad I can't say the same about his ex Lisa.
- Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry and Lucy Liu are all women of color. Biologically people of color have a noticeable advantage in aging as they have more melanin in their skin which helps protective them from the aging effects of the sun.
- Michelle Pfeiffer
Christy Turlington - hasn't aged at all! Must be the yoga!
- Selma Hayek OWNS this thread.
And she attributes her youthful appearance to eating fat. Take THAT all you anti-low carbers.
- Julianne Moore, seriously.
Over 50, bitches
- Much quicker to just say, "black don't crack," R6.
- R6, trust me, Jennifer Lopez would not like to be referred to as a woman of color. The same goes for Raquel Welch and many of Latina's in hollyweird. Don't call Zoe Saldana black because she gets upset about that.
- So basically, lesbians.
- Howard Stern.
- No, R12, I would definitely say NOT.
- John Stamos
- Baba Booey.
- John Stamos looks great
- I hope you're kidding. R13. Having age inappropriately long hair that hangs in your face like Cousin It doesn't make you look youthful.
Howard Stern, without the desperate "rock star" hair, would look exactly like an ambulance chasing attorney.
"Better call Howard"
- Raquel Welch and Lynda Carter, who are both Latinas.
- Julianne Moore looks great considering she is a fair ginger.
- Italians and Greeks also have an advantage in the aging process.
- Julianne Moore is a good example of a white woman (and a very pale one at that) who aged well because she uses sunscreen and takes care of her skin.
Michelle Pfeiffer also looks great.
- Stamos looks outstanding.
Plastic surgery aside, Christie Brinkley looks pretty damn good.
Morgan Fairchild is 63 and looks good, but Mark Harmon looks like decrepit crap.
- Robin Wright and Gillian Anderson come to mind....and neither appears to have had plastic surgery.
- ^ I think Harmon looks good for his age. He must be over 60 by now.
- I agree, R22, also: Jaclyn Smith
- Raquel Welch
- Sharon Stone
- Ryan Phillippe, 39.
- Linda Gray, 73
- those not mentioned so far:
Joan Jett looks great for a 55 year old white woman
Robin Quivers DOES NOT look 61 and she just recovered from cancer.
- Colin eggelsfield or whatever his name is...not a big star but is apparently 40 and easily looks late 20s....and he's white.
- Botox, surgeries etc and voilà, stars look like anyone trying to look younger.
- Yeah, Linda Gray looks fabulous.
Mark Harmon needs to do something about that dopey hair.... the style and color.
- They're giving Mark Harmon liver lips on his show again. His stylist must hate him.
Half the time his lips are invisible and the other half, they look like those belonging to Aunty Frank.
Oh, and keeping with the thread - Kevin Bacon and trollmonkey Bruce Springsteen
- I'm sorry but I can't think of people in their 40's as "aging well." I think a person has to be at least 50 before you can make that judgment. So yes, absolutely, Julianne Moore, Susan Sarandon, Jane Fonda, Fanny Ardant, Michelle Pfieffer, Sharon Stone.
I'll include Raquel Welch even though I think she's had too much work done, and doesn't look natural. She reminds me of Joan Collins. Now there's someone I wouldn't light a match next to. She looks so waxen, I'm afraid she'd melt.
- R4, don't get me wrong...I like Dana Delaney.
I saw her the other night in NYC at the Public Theatre. It is true what they say, television adds 10 lbs...OF MAKE-UP.
Ms. Delaney looked, let's just say, tired.
- R18 = Imus
- Colin Egglesfield, 40. Looking good!
- Susan Sarandon
- Howard Stern looked like he was n his 40's when he was 20. And he never looked good at any age. He's gross.
- Dylan Mcdermott, smoking hot for 50.
- R41, well, he is quite Jewy. Is it the Jewiness?
- Gwen Stefani
Paris and Kathy Hilton
- Jared Leto
- Jared Leto looks weird though. It's his eyes. He looks very dehydrated and tired.
- Susan Lucci?!
- "Paris and Kathy Hilton"
Paris Hilton?! She's in her early 30s.
- Goldie Hawn looks tremendous. The hair could be cut better, but she looks a good twenty years younger than her age.
Raquel Welch goes without saying. And I don't think she's had that much work done, if any at all. She said she has never gone under the knife.
Joan Collins looks great. Again, I don't think she's had any work done. She uses the Lucy method of taping her face back.
I want to also add Jamie Lee Curtis. Amazing.
- Sandra Bullock, Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts.
Tilda Swinton isn't pretty, but to me she doesn't look any older than she did in The Beach.
- Christie Brinkley must drink the blood of virgins. She looks great.
- Christie Brinkley must have the best docs. Great work done, heard a rumor that she's had 2 face lifts, info came out in her divorce to her last ex.
- Jared Leto is the definitive example. Although I think he just has a good dermatologist rather than him participating in any sort of wizardry.
- Tom Cruise. Sure, one doctor estimated he was spending $10K a month to maintain his appearance, but it's working. He looks amazing for over 50.
- Phylicia Rashad
- R11, it doesn't matter what they want to be called, it's what they ARE. The term "person of color" stands for anyone who isn't white.
- Oh, give me a break! If most of these old hags hadn't had their skin botoxed and stretched back tighter than Henry Cavill's asshole, they'd look more reptilian than mammalian at this point.
Now *this* is reality, people!
- Prince in his mid 50s looks great.
Bruce Springsteen in his 60s too.
Carmen Electra is in her early 40s and could pass for late 20s or early 30s. Whatever she's doing is working and I expect her to continue to look great as she ages further.
- "Tom Cruise. Sure, one doctor estimated he was spending $10K a month to maintain his appearance, but it's working."
What does he have to have done every month that runs up that kind of cost?
- Donna Mills and Michele Lee...Joan Van Ark hasn't aged well, too much sun I think
- Not me!
- Nor me! (At least not before eons under the knife!)
- Well I never had a fighting chance.
- r57 Of course they've had work done! Everyone knows it.
Good work done: Raquel Welch, Joan Collins, Kris Jenner, Jane Fonda, Sandra Bullock.
Bad work done: Meg Ryan, Melanie Griffith, Rupert Everett, Madonna, Michael Jackson.
Aging well: Ryan Phillippe, Dylan McDermott, Jared Leto, John Stamos, George Clooney.
- Oops. Forgot my link. Oldtimers Disease.
- Like A (60-year-old) Virgin
- Sandra's face doesn't look natural anymore, R64
- Paparazzi + Cameras - Makeup = Reason To Cry
- "Of course they've had work done! Everyone knows it."
Probably 80% of stars over 45 have had something done but plastic surgery can only do so much. The smarter ones will have one or two well done procedures and leave it at that. The insane ones will have the full-on Jocelyn Wildenstein experience and most will wind up looking worse, not better
- "I hope Crystal doesn't see this."
- "Wait! I'm not done deflating yet!"
- "Please make me look 20 again!"
- Madonna was really doing well till the Hard Candy era. Then she got that awful pillowface. But look at her pictures at the 2007 Oscars; she's absolutely breathtaking.
Her face is beginning to settle down: she looked great at the Metball this year. She also looked pretty good in 2011, again at the Metball.
Here's hoping the bitch doesn't touch her face, ever again.
- SOPHIA LOREN
- "Is there a cream for this?"
- "Why won't anybody sell me a damn purse?!"
- "Hurry up and take the picture. If I keep smiling like this, my face is gonna crack. Mama mia!"
- r67 But she's had good work done.
- Naomi Campbell looks horrific without all the war paint and wigs. Tyra looks a lot better without it.
- Sandy is...ravishing.
- Stacey Dash sure as hell doesn't look 46.
Dustin Nguyen looks good too.
- I always thought Angela Lansbury had good work done. It was very natural-looking, so that she looked like a real person slightly younger than her own age, rather than the phony, inhuman plastic surgery look.
Carol Burnett, on the other hand, has had some really bad work done over the years. It's looked relatively better or worse at various times - maybe she's had things corrected or something.
Do people think Julie Andrews's work has been good or bad?
- Has Meryl had work done?
- I think Carol B. already had a wide mouth that did not take well to being stretched. MTM has the same problem plus both are far too thin.
- Suck it bitches!
- [quote]Has Meryl had work done?
Yes, but discreetly.
- Dana Delany, Susanna Hoffs, Bruce Springsteen.
- If Meryl had work it's good work. She looks like a real woman who is aging well, rather than an android.
- Kathy G 1
- Kathy G 2
- Meryl gets a passing grade.
- All of Carol Burnett's bad surgery has always seemed to me like an indication of just how skewed a perspective you must get living in that kind of big-time show business world. Here's someone whose appeal and success never had anything to do with her looks (if anything, her success was based on the fact that she looked like a plain Jane everywoman you would see on the street). And it doesn't seem like the surgeries can have been motivated by still wanting to be considered for youthful roles, since she's only said yes to a small handful of projects for the past twenty years. But she must have just been infected with that feeling of terror all these women have (re-enforced, obviously, by the men in power in Hollywood) about how awful and unacceptable it would be to be seen on camera having aged naturally.
- Gong Li will be 48 this year, but she looks just as beautiful as she looked twenty years ago. And if she's had any surgery (well, besides the implants), I can't see it.
- r90 I'm eating!
- Grace Jones
- Eyeliner...God's gift to women
- George Clooney had his eyes done, he even admitted it. looks great.
- Stacy Dash is old as hell and still has a beautiful pussy.
- G-O-L-D-I-E H-A-W-N ! ! !
- Ewan McGregor is better looking now than he was 20 years ago.
- Ewan McGregor is such a gorgeous bisexual. Swoon.
- Princess Diana
- Gina Gershon: 51, and looks amazing... better now, than when she was younger.
- Let's not forget aging includes the body, not just the face.
Naomi has a receding hairline that is particularly bad but her skin isn't sagging or loose. But, her body bests bodies of women much much younger.
- Here's an article with a doctor's speculation of what Tom Cruise has had done:
- Crispin Glover looks pretty good
- [quote]Gina Gershon: 51, and looks amazing... better now, than when she was younger.
Uh, no. She had plastic surgery and her face doesn't look natural. She looked much better when she was young....
- [quote]Tom Cruise. Sure, one doctor estimated he was spending $10K a month to maintain his appearance, but it's working."
Tammy looked like she'd had so much filler for her recent appearance on the Graham Norton Show, every time she gave that manic grin you worried she'd bust a cheek. They looked as full as sock drawers.
- Sally Field owns this thread!
- Angie Harmon.
- Gina Gershon.
- And who of these have defiled the aging process? A new thread please if necessary.
- R114, that was started hours ago.
- Jane Fonda
Linda Gray - ages ago, I was drinking something and spit it up because someone on DL wrote, does Linda Gray swim in the blood of virgins or something?
- Gina Gershon may have had work done, but on the worst day of her life she looked better than Donatella Versace, whom she just played on television.
- R115 thanks honey !
- R116 = easily amused by tired old jokes.
- [R119] That's true but to be honest, I'd never heard that before.
- You just THINK they've defied the aging process because you only see them on camera.
I've seen numerous celebrities in person and they ALWAYS look 5-10 years older.
- Pharrell Williams is ageless and will always look great.
- Black don't crack. I give you Miss Pam Grier.
She's got a ranch property next to mine in Colorado and I tell you this 60+ woman is HOT.
- R121, yes it's true, they never look as good in person mostly because they are so airbrushed in movie posters and mags and they always have good lighting in TV interviews and movies.
They look like crap in real life and a lot of them have acne.
- James Marsden for sure. He's 40 already! I wanna know what his fucking secret is.
- Looking good!
- R126 Delicious.
- Clooney's had more than his eyes done.
Almost all stars, male and female, have work done at some point.
- Sean Patrick Flanery, soon to turn 50.
- SPF 2013
- Peter Andre, 40.
- George Kotsiopoulos 45
- r132= George Kotsiopolous
- I doubt anyone knows who she is, but Deborah Reed, who played the evil queen in cult movie Troll 2, aged wonderfully. She's over 60 but still looks like she's in her mid 40s. She reminds me of Susan Sarandon a little bit.
- Nonsense, R69. The smarter ones don't have face lifts too early. Jackie O was around 60 when she had her face lifted and Jane Fonda was in her 70's. Before then, if you take care of yourself, you don't need it. There are all kinds of things that can be done in a salon or at home like Quasar that can really keep the wrinkles and sagginess under control.
As far as Angela Lansbury, I remember when she had her work done. She lost her beautiful eye shape for good, even after the surgery relaxed.
- "As far as Angela Lansbury, I remember when she had her work done. She lost her beautiful eye shape for good, even after the surgery relaxed."
Do you remember when that was, r135? I never noticed a difference in her eye shape.
- Gabriel Mann
- Streisand looks pretty much like Streisand at 71. She and Streep have very good skin. If you see them up close without makeup (and neither wears a lot of makeup) they look their ages- fine lines. But they look healthy. My guess is that Streisand has had a few small things done, Streep nothing.
- R8, I don't think you know how low carb works if you think it means rejecting fat.
- Yep, feel like an idiot.
Sorry, R8. Just realized you were chastising those who are *anti* low carb.
- Susan Sarandon, but in real life.
- Today, Janet Jackson looks just like she did 30 years ago.
- Vicki Lawrence looks pretty good still. And Mama hasn't aged either!
- Dana Barron from National Lampoon's Vacation isn't a star, but she looks like she is in her 30s rather than 40s.
- Dana Baron was playing teens when she was well into her 20s. She never ages. And neither does Ralph Macchio.
- Have the people croaking about Tom Cruise actually looked at him lately?
His body is thickening and collapsing into itself - it's like his short spine is crunching. His ass is fat, as are his thights. His chest is weirdly broad but his pectoral muscles are flat and stretched looking.
But the face! His fake teeth, his badly worked-on nose, the squinty, crinkled-up eyes with the bad eyebrows, the enhanced hairline, the sucked-out chin and little implant there. And it all looks like a little old man peeking out from behind plastic.
He's more fake that his waxwork in Madame Tussauds.
- Cruise has always had a fat ass and thick thighs. These are good points about him.
- I own this thread bitches.
You can try but you will never suceed keeping up with my babyface.
The key is taking youthful virgins, I always try to extract some of the hymen residuals left on the sheets afterwards, I hire a guy that stirs up a lovely potion using that and a couple of other ingridients that I would do best to keep my mouth shut about.
Oh, and the veganism helps.
- You can say what you will about Jennifer Aniston but her skin and body are still bangin.
- Jared Leto. 41.
- I think Leo Dicaprio looks good for his age. He looks like he still in his 20's. Chilli and T Boz of TLC still look like they did in the in the 1990's and they both are in their 40's.
Jennifer Aniston has horrid skin. Sick body for sure but the skin is horrid. Fried from cigarettes and tanning.
- r132, that pic of George reminds me of one of the Gorga boys with the eyes way far apart.
- "Cruise has always had a fat ass and thick thighs. These are good points about him."
- How about the amazingly youthful Andie MacDowell?
- Melanie Griffith
- R124 What about paparazzi photos?
- Jennifer Beals, 49. My God!
- Jennifer Beals. How is it even possible to look that good when you're 49???
- Jennifer is stunning.
- James Marsden, 40. Amazing.
- r161 Yes, so pretty.
- Natasha Richardson: bonk!!!
- Who ever said Dicaprio is blind. And I'm pretty sure Jared Leto is an alien pretending to be a human in order to collect data or something.
- How dare no one mention Keanu.
- R164 - She's dead.
- When I watched [italic]Celebrity Ghost Stories[/italic] I saw an actress named Shar Jackson. I assumed she was in her early twenties until she talked about having kids that are 11 and 9. She is 37. Then I realized she is the one who had kids with Kevin Federline. She doesn't look like she's 37.
- yes r167 I know....bonked head while skiing!! sweet!!
Yes, I have the latest EW reunion issue. She is 70 and looks exactly like her 48 year old self. She has an older neck and smoother hair. She must have had work done, but it hasn't altered the contours of her face in any noticeable way.
- Marilu Henner looks really good for being over 60.
- Springsteen -
- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. I see her often in my neighborhood, and she's luminous. Great skin.
- Helen Lawson. She's always looked old.
- Mary Steenbergen has probably had work done, but it has been good work and she did over do it. Overall, she looks great for being in her 60s.
- Peter Facinelli
- Gorgeous! He's like 40 already.
- Dylan McDermott, 52
- Barbra Streisand has aged better than all of her contemporaries, including Jane Fonda and Raquel Welch.
This Chanel outfit and shoes are to die for:
- Could you believe Peter Facinelli is 40 in just a few weeks? He looks sensational.
- Sandra Bullock owns this thread. She looks better than she did ten years ago.
- r181 Yeah, she's had really good work done. Same with Demi Moore.
- He's a douche, but Vanilla Ice looks great for 46.
- I keep seeing the thread as saying "Stars who've defined the aging process" and I keep agreeing with the OP that Jennifer Lopez is a good choice. She has those smoker/drinker lines up the sides of her nose like Cameron Diaz and you can tell that wherever she is smooth it's plastic underneath.
- r179, I don't think that photo, with the meticulous lighting and retouching, is the most persuasive argument for how Barbra looks up close and in person.
- Vanilla Ice a few weeks ago. Looking good.
- Jesse Metcalfe. He's only 35, but he'll age well.
- Jane Fonda owns this thread. Past 70 and lookin' so fine!
- With a few tweaks here and there.
- Miss Jackson
- Wentworth Miller, 41. How come he doesn't have any wrinkles?
- R191 fat don't crack.
- Rob Lowe, 49. It's unbelievable how good he looks.
- Queen Latifah. There's no way she's 100% AA though. Definitely some Euro blood in her.
Amy Sedaris - never drank or smoked and is now getting mucho $$ for being a sexy, creepy housewife who is in laundry detergent commercials. She's going to be a rich fucking bitch and she knows it.
- Lisa Lampanelli!
Cheyenne's not looking great these days.
- Josh Charles. He dosn't look that much older on Good Wife than when he was playing that goofy student in Dead Poets Society.
- Hasn't Peter Facinelli had tons of surgery? he looks like he has. That nose... And the rest.
Same for Cillian Murphy. For a long time I wondered why he looked so weird, but really he just looks like someone who's had major work done.
- The majority of the people listed should be put in a thread titled, "Stars who've had good plastic surgeons".
- Cillian Murphy has been on screen since he was college-age. He has not had "work done".
- I meant he had work done before he became famous, possibly as a teen. I don't know if this is true, just find his cheekbones, his nose... very bizarre. But perhaps it's just his natural face.
- I'll name a few.
Brad Pitt still is hot at 49, though he's gone downhill recently. Without a shirt, he still heats up the room.
John Stamos recently turned 50 and still puts men half his age to shame. How does he do it?
Michelle Pfeiffer still has almost angelic beauti at 54.
Of course, Halle Berry is still as stunning as ever at 47. She's timeless.
Tom Cruise has his critics and rightly so, but looks very good for 52. The church of Scientology is working overtime to keep him youthful.
James Marsden recently turned 40, still is a real heartthrob.
Keanu Reeves has hardly aged. You'd never guess he's 48.
High Jackman is still good-looking at 45. He could be going action films until he's 60.
- Debora Lee Furness
- Does anybody remember Corey Spears from "The Journey of Jared Price"? He turned 38 this year, has hardly aged at all.
Justin Long in his own words looks like a geeky hacker, but at 35, looks at least 10 years younger.
Ryan Phillippe recently turned 39, barely looks 30, if that.
James Marsden recently turned 40, you'd never guess from looking at him.
Jared Leto will be 42 soon, his hair has changed more than anything else since "My So Called Life."
Sean Patrick Flannery looks good for 48. The martial arts must be working.
Can you believe that Rob Lowe is 49? He hasn't aged much since his Brat Pack days.
Tony Danza is 62. Time is showing, but he can still turn some heads.
Bruce Springsteen. No spring chicken, but I've never seen a 63 y/o man with a body like that. He's doing something right.
- Many of you do not understand the concept of this thread.
- This thread is fun!
- There are also stars who have aged horribly. Substance abuse plays a role in many such cases.
- Dylan McDermott, 52. Amazing.
- Incredible. He's aging really, really well.
- Sandra Bullock
I don't think most people realize how old she is. She even looks younger than both him and her Branjelina.
- Sandra looks younger than Jennifer Aniston.
- The 73 (!) year old Raquel Welch. wtf
- R213, I saw that pic of Racquel Welch too. She is still stunning. I'm guessing she had work done but damn, she looks good. No Wildenstein look going on yet.
- Yes, some of it is good genetics, but these people have the trainers, the chefs, the hairstylists, the colorists, the gurus, the plastic surgeons and make-up artists, and sundry handmaidens and butlers and servants. They can afford the best of everything. This is why they've defied the aging process.
- R25 - yes, but I'm sorry. Raquel Welch's 73 - she looks about 25 years younger - at least.
That's REALLY hard to pull off.
- RW looks 60, not 48
- Dalton James, 42
- Tina Turner!
- Unfortunately Zsa Zsa is ageing the defying process.
- Tony Danza has always been into fitness. My older brother saw him working at gym in NYC in the 80s.
- The give away for women is their neck (and hands) but Raquel Welch doesn't even have turkey neck. Either she's defying the aging process or her doctor is a genius who covers all the bases.
- R61 link of makeup free Goldie looks fake. How can she hide that bumpy, wrinkled skin on her chin with makeup? sure she probably looks older w/out the pancake makeup but not that old.
R91 pic of KG2, she looks like Martin Short from that synchronized swimming skit he did on SNL.
- For Goldie, it's not only the makeup R224: it's also the lighting and the fact that she is smiling. Smiling always make you look younger (esp. if you have jowls and lost some volume in the mid-face). Maybe, also, the two pics were taken years apart, maybe she just had a rejuvenating procedure, maybe... Above all I think that was a bad pic, on a bad day.
- Wilma Flintstone looks exactly the same today as in the 1960s
- Rob Lowe, forty fucking nine.