All Threads by Date
Your pitbull found me and I'm not giving her back
Last Friday night, your dog wondered up onto our porch. Signs of the abuse she had somehow escaped, riddled her body. The fresh bite marks on her muzzle, the scars that covered her body, the exposed pink and purple flesh around her neck, where she was obviously tied up with ropes that cut their way into her skin, over and over again. The obvious signs that she had been bred, relentlessly, time after time. The pressure wounds on her elbows that bled whenever they touched anything, from being tied and forced to lay on cement ground and metal cage mesh.
None of those things are even the worst part. Upon examining her teeth to gauge her approximate age, I burst into tears. I found that you had pulled the majority of them out and the ones you left, had been filed down. And you did this without anaesthesia, this I am sure of. You did this so she couldn't fight back. You did this so she couldn't injure any dogs you had trained to fight, when you threw her in there with them. With each bite of her they took and each yelp she cried, they'd look at you for reassurance. Because all they wanted to do was please you. Loyalty is in their blood. Violence is not.
The first night she was here, I stayed up with her and only slept for 2 hours. Every time I'd move, she'd get up and look at me with worry stricken eyes. She didn't want me to leave her.
Somehow, God must have led this mama to my doorstep, knowing she'd find comfort here. The next morning, I took her to my work on my day off. I work at an animal hospital.
Upon entering the building, her neck started to bleed. The thick collar which you put on her, had cut into the tender scars on her neck. She didn't even yelp. I discovered it as I was weighing her and saw blood on the scale. I took the ridiculous thing off of her.
The amazing people I work with have all fallen head over heels in love with your dog. So when we discovered she has breast cancer, it broke our hearts even more.
Over the last 3 days, our staff has grown to love this beautiful and broken soul. Skin and bones, we feed her constantly but only foods that are soft enough for her... You know, since you ripped her teeth out and all.
Mama lets you get right up in her face. In fact, she LOVES it. She'll give you slobbery kisses and nuzzle your face with love.
We're all amazed at how trusting of humans she is. Dogs however, completely terrify her. It doesn't matter the size, she growls in fear and tucks her tail between her legs. But who can blame her? After what you did to her?
Tomorrow, Mama will finally feel peace. And when she closes her eyes and takes her last breath, I'll be there. I'll hold her big ol head and I'll tell her how much I love her.
And when her soul has left her battered body and I've dried the tears enough to see, I will document every bruise, every bite, every cut, scrape and gash. I'll photograph her teeth, or rather, where her teeth used to be. I'll turn in all the evidence and post it where EVERYONE will see it. I'll use it to educate kids in heavily crime ridden areas, on the horrors of dog fighting.
If you could do that to a dog, you should not be allowed in everyday society. And teaching our children right from wrong is the only way to put a stop to this.
One day, you will be caught. If I ever find out who did this to the dog we all lovingly know as "Mama Jade" I honestly don't know what I would I do. But it would probably involve contacting your mother and informing her of what a monster she managed to raise. My goal would be to make a mockery out of your pathetic life.
Mama Jade's story will not be silenced. She just happened to show up on the doorstep of one extremely persistent, intelligent, respected and now angry human being.
Never would I have thought my Craigslist post about Mama Jade would go completely viral. I posted it last night, expecting to receive maybe a few emails about it but nothing huge. Today I have received LITERALLY thousands of emails from people all around the United States. My iPhone crashes every time I try to check my mailbox. The response has been overwhelming and has restored a lot of my faith in humanity. Many people and charities have asked if they could donate funds for Mama to get the treatment for her cancer. Tonight I'll do my best to review as many of the emails as possible and I'll make a decision on what the best route to take will be. One thing is for certain though, Mama Jade is getting yet another chance at life
Due to all the requests for a facebook page, one is up and running! From here on out, all updates will be posted
- Aw, she's so cute.
Damn you Op, I'm in tears here.
- OP did you copy this or are you the rescuer? If you are indeed this dog's savior, all I can do is say thank you and offer my prayers for you and Mama Jade.
- Bet you $10 the original owner was black.
- What's sad are the doubtless thousands of other Pits treated like this.
- Anyone caught breeding and/or fighting pits should be fed to them. Vile, low life trash!
- Tears streaming down my face on the train.
- Michael Vick is forgiven since he has a prolific football career, which is really what matters. I still don't know if he is truly repentant, or gives time or money to abused animals. Last I heard, he didn't care to visit the rehabilitated dogs he tortured.
I'd like an update.....if he isn't giving at least a few million to animal charities, I hope he gets his skull crushed in some game.
- Her owners probably left her on your porch for you to dispose of her.
- OP, thank you. Do you have a fundraising page to help with her expenses? (If you need help) You are a saint.
- I'm not the rescuer, R3, but I found this very touching and thought that DL'ers might want to hear about this.
- R11, thank you for posting. I'm hugging on my sweet German shepherd and waiting for the donation page to come up on Facebook.
- Is the original comment still up anywhere? I'd like to link to it on my Facebook, to give background to the animals facebook page but Craigslist has the original comment flagged for removal.
- You never know the secrets behind the faces you pass on the street, or work or live beside.
Sometimes it seems the whole world is a serial killer lying in wait.
- I don't know why Craigslist deleted this post, but here is a copy.
- Fuck off pointless flamebait racist at r4.
- Enough with the hipster pitbull fetishism.
- Won't someone please ask their pitbull to SHIT in my MOUTH??!!!!???
- Its a black thing, R17.
- Unfortunately, R4/Michael Vick is correct. It is not racist if it is true.
- It's a THUG thing r20.
Thugs come in all races. You really don't think non-black criminals hurt dogs at all?
And Yes, r21 it IS racist if you blame and entire race on the crimes of the few, especially if those few include other races as well.
- Oh shut the fuck up and find me some white dog fighting rings. One even.
And, yeah, I could shoot Michael Vick through the head with little trouble. What an asshole. I volunteer at the pound and see what these people do to their dogs every day and it is sickening. (And, no, THAT is not "a black thing" -- but it is an urban thing just the same. We are packed with abused abandoned animals that human garbage throw away).
- The animal torture troll is at it again.
Hi animal torture troll. I really don't want to see this crap on a gossip board. I have to see enough on Facebook and the news. I don't really need to be reminded that people torture animals.
- I think the public should be made more aware of exactly what these dogs go through in order to "fight." I had no idea about the teeth being ripped out and filed down...
I'm sure there are other barbaric practices that would increase the outrage of normal humans which might help stop this stuff from happening. All it takes is one person near the action to blow the whistle and shut it down.
just a suggestion
- R24, Ia m NOT the "animal torture troll" as you call it. I found this story from one of my FB groups and posted it here, thinking that perhaps maybe some DLers would like to donate to the cause to help this poor animal.
So you can bite me, asshole.
- [quote]Michael Vick is forgiven since he has a prolific football career, which is really what matters.
Michael Vick is forgiven because he is a black QB and the league and media are desperate for a successful one. If Russell Wilson or RG3 had been around at the time, I wonder if he would have been forgiven so quickly.
- I never knew how many gay whitie men are racist until DL.
- Yes, R28 this board is FULL white racists. Wish they would all just sign up with the KKK so they can meet like minded people so theu can sit around and talk about how those darkies are the root of all the evil in the world.
- STFU, R24.
You're an ignorant fuckhead.
"Waaaah! I don't wanna read sad things, so anybody who posts them on MY website is a torture fetishist! Boo hoo hoo!"
Eat shit and die, you fucking cunt.
- Update on the FB page for donations
- R28, it's been an eye opener for me too. Really sad.
- R32, you should really consider the possibility that this hasn't actually been a gay site for quite a few years now.
What it really appears to be is a reddit-like hiding place for the vilest and most homophobic and racist and hate-filled people around. I find it hard to believe that all those people are gay. Some of them, undoubtedly. But not all.
And back when there were a core group of DLers who posted on here (with handles), this site was NOT racist or homophobic, except for the trolls who came on to start fights, and we got rid of them quickly. A longtime DLer who did have a racist sensibility was banned.
The lack of moderation and huge influx of non-gay people has to factor in somehow.
- If my neighbor ever left a note like that for me and stole my dog. I'd take my shotgun, knock on her door, and blow her fucking head off the minute she opened the door.
It's my dog and I'll do whatever the Fuck I want to it.
You can tell this post is written by some dogooder dyke.
- R34 is a righteous and right-thinking "gay".
I'm R33 and I approved this message.
- Uh thats the webmaster
- So this dog will come back to life, R31. Look how much better she looks.
- Sanctimonious dyke drama. Why can't she just take the dog in and take care of it? Sheesh.
- FOAD, R39. Click on the link and look at the dog's pictures at R15. Then look at her picture in R37. No more need be said (but I'll tell you again anyway, FOAD).
- What's FOAD? Someone translate.
I looked, r40. It's an abused dog. I've seen worse when I've worked with animals -- like a dog who has literally chewed his leg to the bone in an attempt to escape a chain. I didn't go posting graphic pictures and self-congratulatory narratives in a public venue. I dealt with the problem and moved on. Why can't the woman just take care of the dog and shut up? Why does she have to tell everyone how amazing she is for "liberating" a dog, when the dog did all the actual work by wandering up to her? I just don't understand that mindset. It's grief porn, it's savior porn, it's narcissism porn.
- You know, I'm not really into dogs so much, and I'm definitely not into pit bulls, since I always hear of them attacking people and other dogs.
But this story? I feel for the dog, and while putting her down is the simplest option, it seems only fair this dog get a chance at a happy life for awhile. I know all the extra money spent on a dog won't help Darfur orphans or whoever is the popular famine country right now (those matter too), but this dog is the easily-rectified result of an evil something.
Sometimes I think the animal rescue people are into it because that's the limit of their ability to help society. Maybe they would want to help the starving, or the orphans too, but those problems are too big to feel like you can make an appreciable difference.
- I'll never understand why some people assume that those who care about the welfare of animals don't care about anything else.
- FOAD means fuck off and die.
- I am not looking to pick a fight, R43. the point is we're already understaffed and underfunded to take care of the humans. And if we don't prioritize humans at the top, we end up with more humans down the road who are cruel to animals, rape, kill, mutilate, etc.
I've thought of being a foster parent several times. The amount you have to give is astronomical and the risk is great too (for false abuse allegations, since all the kids have been abused). Which leaves me to wonder why any sane person does it, because the pay is not enough to meet the children's needs.
We don't as a society care about our people. It's no surprise we don't care about our animals or environment, either.
- You do realize, R41, that if the woman had not bothered with what you call "grief porn, it's savior porn, it's narcissism porn," the dog would be dead right now.
The woman was only able to pay for the necessary medical intervention because she drew attention to the dog's situation on Craigslist and Facebook.
I'm sure the dog would tell you herself if she could how grateful she is for the "sanctimonious dyke drama" you're whining about.
Again, R41, FOAD. You are as useless a combination of sperm and egg as I have seen in a very long time. When people say they prefer dogs to people, you're the kind of person they're talking about. So FOAD.
- I don't even know where to begin, r46, but I'm going to withdraw and let the conversation return to the dog. I love dogs and I'm glad this one found a loving home, my issues with the owner aside.
- Please withdraw, r41. Permanently.
- I love you, R48.
- If this is really about eliminating animal cruelty, and not exploiting animal suffering so we can feel weepy and self righteous, keep in mind that factory-farmed animals suffer way more than this poor dog. But bacon is tasty so we'd rather not think about it.
- We don't keep bacon or a nice filet mignon as companion animals, R50.
And not everyone cares to be a vegan.
- I eat a [italic]fairly[/italic] vegetarian diet, but I do like fish, cheese, and the occasional burger. I think I could live without fish or burgers, actually. But I could never give up cheese.
- [quote]We don't keep bacon or a nice filet mignon as companion animals
Which proves my point exactly. You only care about animal welfare to the extent that it involves animals that you think are worthy of your sympathy. So it does become kind of narcissistic.
- Agreed, R43. I guess some of the more extreme animal rescuers don't help in that regard. They seem to hate people. Kind of understandable when you see what they do but I try not to cross that line.
And I stand corrected. The asshole who kept the dog chained up to a tree for 4 years is lily white. So this is definitely not "a black thing".
- Whoa. Why do these threads always pull out the rabid attacks? You can make your points without alienating people. Persuasion does not work when it includes attack. Attacks are counter-productive. Some people will immediately dismiss the points because of how they're expressed. So, decide if you just want to vehemently suggest people get more grease in their lives or disentangle their sperm/egg conjunction, OR whether you'd like to convince people of something you believe in. You only get one of the choices.
And for the record, one can eat meat and not support factory farms. Organic meats, humanely treated animals, grass-fed, grass-finished, etc. I went to a butcher that only sold meat from animals who willingly walked into the slaughterhouse. Those who wouldn't walk in on their own did not get sold for meat. In factory farms, they forcibly drag the resisting cows in and frequently break hips, stressing out the animals. The more consumers put their money into better quality meats / better quality treatment, the more it becomes the dominant option. You don't have to be a PETA supporter in order to support humane treatment.
- Online donation site now available