- Is anyone else as concerned for Rep. Sims as I am? OP, get a grip.
- I see him on the street all the time, very cute and nicely fit-fat. Girlier than you see from the video clips of him but he seems nice enough.
- Yeah I heard he's pretty flaming, but the beard gives him a daddy mystique (he's fairly non-descript without it).
- I liked him
- He's hot, and hardly flaming.
Maybe in porn a dude his size would have the fake deep voice, but this is a real guy.
- He seems a tad girly for a former footballer quarterback but hey, who am I to judge
- Yes, let's attack an out, gay politician for being too "girly". It's too bad he's not a paragon of gender-conformity like Harvey Milk or Barney Frank.
The bunch of you are idiots.
- I wasn't attacking, MARY, just pointing out, it's not for us to judge.
- You'd sleep with a lawyer?
- that is indeed a drawback
- [quote]just pointing out
But why? Why is it relevant? Ask yourself that. 3 out of 6 posts had to go out of their way to inject his perceived "girliness" into the conversation. It's distracting, shallow, counterproductive and fosters divisiveness.
Brian Sims is an excellent representative for us. His place on the masculine/feminine scale is irrelevant.
- So, does he have a boyfriend?
- R11 In any of those posts you mention, does any one say him being feminine is a bad thing? No, no one does. Yet you think pointing this out is the same as attacking him.
If you think pointing out he is feminine acting is the same as attacking him, then you are the one who has a problem with feminine acting men, not us.
- R11, honeybunch, calm the fuck down. This is datalounge, a forum for cattiness and as you can see from The Thread's Title, the point of THIS particular thread about BS is his sexiness. Not his voting record or his ability to represent sexual minorities
- [quote]So, does he have a boyfriend?
Yes, I'd like to know the answer to that one, too. Uh ... for a friend.
- OK, R14, I will get off my soapbox.
I just can't stand that in every single thread about this guy, we can't have more that 2 posts before his perceived masculinity is questioned, and usually by someone like R2 who has to post repeatedly about it. It's annoying, but that's the morons at DL for you.
- Most of us only learned about him from print articles which highlighted how he was a popular football player who shocked his team by coming out. The media presents him as a guy who shatters stereotypes etc, but then when you see him on video and the purse sort of falls out, it’s worth mentioning.
- [quote]but that's the morons at DL for you.
By morons, do you include the people who think pointing out his alleged feminine vibe is the same at attacking him?
- Of course not, R18. Everyone knows that calling someone "feminine" is the highest compliment we pay one another on DL.
- I think the fact that you can't even type the word "e-ffeminate" here illustrates that calling a guy that is a slur on DL.
- Brian, I love you. We all love you.
- He is really nice, thoughtful, and a great listener.
He does not have a boyfriend, but dates.
- And yet R20, no one here was using it as a slur. The people who did mention it also said he is nice, they are not judging him and that he is a real person.
Really, the only person here who has an issue with it is you.
- So what if Brian Sims is a big ol' girl? I don't see anyone making a big deal out of this except R20 who sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder. OP started out saying Brian was incredibly hot, which I take it as allowing other posters to chime in on his general attractiveness and overall looks. I don't see why it's so inappropriate then for some to point out that he's rather girly as soon as he opens his mouth. Some people may find that unattractive, whereas others may feel differently, but the point is that it's not so out of line, and might even be relevant, to observe that Mr Sim isn't as butch in real life as he may appear to be in photos in a thread that's devoted to his perceived hotness.
- Again, R23 lies. I have an issue with it, too.
- 'Girly' is totally pejorative and denying that is pointless. 'Flaming' is too.
- [quote]'Girly' is totally pejorative
Only if you are a misogynist.
- [quote]'Girly' is totally pejorative and denying that is pointless. 'Flaming' is too.
Yep. The disingenuousness in this thread is staggering.
[quote]Some people may find that unattractive, whereas others may feel differently, but the point is that it's not so out of line, and might even be relevant, to observe that Mr Sims isn't as butch in real life as he may appear to be in photos in a thread that's devoted to his perceived hotness.
So he's not hot because he's not sterotypically masculine? Got it.
- [quote]So he's not hot because he's not sterotypically masculine? Got it.
Who here has said that?
Oh, thats right, no one.
What was that you were saying about the disingenuousness in this thread?
- We will be dating soon.
- R22, indeed, I've seen him on a date, he seems to like bears
- Now that I know he's single, I'm tempted to catch the first flight to Philadelphia.
- Back off R32 , I'm sending him an invitation to one of Savannah's famous "gentlemen only" Christmas Parties.
- I wonder if he'd be interested in a game of touch football.
- [quote]Really, the only person here who has an issue with it is you.
Are you new here? The elderly assholes of DL are OBSESSED with this topic, and love nothing more than to tear down any openly gay man who shows even a hint of femininity.
- @R34: You bet your luscious phat ass, big boy! Message me!
- R35 Who here on this thread has torn him down because of his hint of femininity?
No one. In fact, this thread has turned into a big love fest for him, feminine traits and all.
- I think the gayvoice makes him hotter.
- [quote] I think the gayvoice makes him hotter.
- R35, I thought the bras were the YOUNGER contingent of DL. It was young people I imagined rejecting the beautiful dancer I met yesterday.
- An absolutely beautiful man both inside and out...love him!
- Very nice.
- Mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm!
- I've known Brian since before he became well known and I know that the comments about him being fem are not true and not something to be ashamed of anyway. But I agree that the comment was meant out of sheer cuntiness from a very jealous and insecure person. He's a decent and honest guy and he would be friends with everyone on this thread regardless of the casual bitchiness doled out by people who have nothing nice to say. But out of respect, please knock off the shallowness. It is neither cute or necessary.
- It's the anti-gay shallowness that kills me, R44. And on a board that purports to be gay-centric! We see it again and again on any thread about out gay people who are successful.
That's why I think most of the people posting here are bitter, closeted, self-loathing types who hate to read about any out, gay, productive people.
- R44, would Tim Tebow be his "type"?
- Sorry R45. But as has already been pointed out, no one here is saying he is fem as if its a bad thing. In fact, the very people who have said it also have some very positive things to say about him. To jump to the conclusion that someone pointing out he comes off as fem is the same as attacking him says more about what you deep down really think about fem guys than it does about the people who made the remark. I've heard him talk. His voice does seem to have a higher pitch than most men, but that's not necessarily a fem thing. It could just be the way his voice naturally sounds (or at least sounds in a recording, which can be very different than how it actually sounds).
Attacking someone because of where they sit on the masculine to fem spectrum is wrong. But that is not happening here.
- Datalounge is a space for men who hate women. That's why you're here.
- Untrue, R47. 'Girly,' when used to describe a man, is pejorative. 'Flaming' is pejorative.
- He's girly And hot!
- And yet R49, then ONE person who said he seemed "a tad girly" also said they are not judging him because of that. In fact, people seem to be going out of their way to say, "so what if he is fem acting?"
- I saw him recently hug this older gent on the street. He greeted the guy by yelling out to him down the block with arms outstretched. a cute moment.
- Girly or not, he's smart and attractive. I couldn't ask for more.
- Would you describe his ass as "womanly"? Why or why not?
- Not when I've met him. Political, yes, womanly, not really
- He looks like he would have one of those firm, boxy man-ass. And furry.
Of course, I could be wrong. But I can dream.
- He's very fit-fat. very nice to look at. He's clearly a hugger, and that's a good thing.
- Is it okay to point out that he is a bottom?
- Hell, no R58! That makes him even better for someone like me.
Not that I would ever have a chance with someone like him.
- It is meant as compliment.
- What is meant as a compliment R60?
- Bottom or top, he's bearrific
- he flip flops
- He loves oral
- [quote]He loves Oral
So did I!
- Drunk Slags don't count
- He's thanking his lucky stars now!
- He likes palling around with 32-year-young Dan Savage!
- He even looks sexy giving blood for an HIV test!
- He can Rock, and He can Roll!
- R68, Dan Savage is 49.
- not according to DS
- I don't think R71 understands the concept of a joke.
- He has beautiful eyes.
- What's the joke?
- The "joke" is that Dan Savage has repeatedly given the wrong (much younger) age to the press, and only claimed it was a joke when he was called on it.
- Savage looks old for his age.
- I fail to see the humor.
- This how girly guys should behave. Be and look like a man even if you have a flaming queen inside. Just kill her!
- Thanks, R76.
Dear Dan, SFIFTL.
- He's a purple cheer leader!
- Bad leg tat
- I still wouldn't kick him out of bed for that though
- So we've established he's a bottom, a purse falls out when he speaks, he likes to hug, he has a bad let tattoo, he's smoking hot, he likes bears, he's SMOKING hot, he's honest, he plays guitar, he's SMOKING HOT, and he's really attractive.
- You forgot that we've also established that calling a gay man "girly" is a high compliment on Datalounge, where ef-feminate men are celebrated so much that webmaster had to ban the word.
Also, when the topic of an attractive, openly gay politician comes up, the most relevant thing is how "girly" he is or isn't.
- This is going downhill fast
- Why are gay men constantly picking on each other? It's revolting.
- He cleans up nicely
- he's my special friend
- I hope that he had a fun Friday night
- Is he partnered?
- no, single, dates
- I say GODDAMN!! Fuck, this guy is hot! I don't care if he sounds like Paul Lynde when he talks, I'd do him every night and twice on Sunday.
- he'd probably be into it
- KNOCK him up, somebody.
- He's on the pill, I've heard
- The pic with Dan Savage significantly lowers his value. Gross.
- Any pics with less clothing than have already been posted?
- R97, he's very much in the DL definition of things a "fame whore" in that if he can get of picture of himself with other person published, he'll do it
- And...the backlash begins.
He's a politician, and he's fighting for your rights. He is not a "famewhore".
- He is a famewhore. Unfortunately, there's a subset of gays with low self esteem who will always defend the pandering of craven politicians. Brian Sims is hot, but he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire (unless you're a dominant daddy bear/top).
- R101, I've met Brian and I know several others who've known him to varying degrees and you are completely full of shit. He's quite sincere and down to earth.
People like you are our worst enemies.
- Ooooo, you've met him. I stand corrected!
I stand by what I said, but if your opinion meant shit to me I would definitely apologize and join his official fan club.
- R101, you are a useless piece of shit. Kindly die in a grease fire.
- R101 Please impale yourself on a tetanus covered, rusty iron spiked dildo.
And THEN die in a fucking grease fire.
- LMAO...I'm sure the wonderful and amazing Brian Sims would be proud to know he has demented fans like R104 and R105.
Time to go die in a grease fire while I impale myself on a tetanus covered, rusty iron spiked dildo!
- [quote]He's a politician, and he's fighting for your rights. He is not a "famewhore".
no, honeybunch, he's both, he might be on the right side of history, but I know him, he's a fame whore, through and through.
- Is he a hippobottomus?
- Everyone's a bottom, Rose.
- I'd eat his ass with reckless abandon.
- WOW, he's looikng hotter than usual in that one.
- I want to see him in a jockstrap.
- R112 I'm sure Aaron Schock already has.
- I'd love for him to sit on my face.
- His breath stank
- My only issue with him is that he was pro-Christine Quinn.
- r110 dem TITS
- I'd love to be suffocated by those huge breasts!
- R115, in what context?
- Have spoken to him face to face and the cuteness was diminished by his halitosis--or coffee breath or whatever it was. One would think a politician would keep Altoids within reach at all times.
- He's out and about in the gayborhood today to honor "out fest"
- R120 = Brian Sims
- I saw him yesterday at Outfest! I admit I have a crush on him. PA needs guys like him representing us instead of Corbett or Santorum.
- r115/121: You should send a gift-wrapped, sealed bottle of Listerine to his office.
- 101/103/106 = Trolldar reveals you are a psychotic. Don't talk about "fans" of Brian Sims being crazy until you go back and reread your little seemingly PCP induced tirade against Sims.
You sound like a jilted lover of Brian's.
- He has that Korean dookie breath thing going.
- R124! What were his earrings like?
What was his caftan?
- Lay off, r128. Brian's good for PA. For shame, you, a Philadelphian too.
- Shame? What's the same in it?
- I see no shame in earrings or caftans!
- Aren't Politicians by definition Fame Whores (among others)?
- Ummm, GROSS.
- R132, pretty much, they come in many flavors, but that is the nature of their craft.
- I LOVE you Brian Sims!
- He loves the gays
- And, as evidenced by this thread, the gays hate him back.
Nice going, gays.
- No, r137, two or three basement dwellers who haven't been touched by a guy in six years hate him.
It's called jealousy. He's out, he's proud, he's giving bigoted politicians in PA a run for their money, and he's very hot. It's only natural that they turn just as vile as Republicans when jealousy rears its ugly head.
He is good for my state, even if he were as fat and ugly as the people who hate him.
- R138 is entirely CORRECT.
Everyone I know wants to fuck him like crazy. So sexy, so hot AND a good guy?! Jesus, let me at him!
- He takes tea at four o-clock, if you care to join
- He is amazingly photogenic.
- he loves cameras
- LOL R142, but surely the two are not mutually exclusive...?
- They do often work very well hand in hand
- R138, more like... in sixTY years
- he's in kansas now
- He's hot for corey
- He's hot
- He's not
- he's got
a big fluffy doggie
- He's SUPER hot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind, a pedo, or a MESS.
- he's my fave
- he means Business!
- R151 nailed it!
- I'd lick him
- Love him.
- Hug him
- I want to be suffocated by his huge ass!
- I want his earrings and caftans
- I'd be on my back, with my legs thrust in the air, in 15 seconds. He's gorgeous and sexy.
- he loves Madonna
- R-160 here - oy vey - the Madonna thing diminished by ardor but only a bit. I still want to him to pound me and then flip to top him.
- He loves singing show tunes at the Tavern on Camac
- My ideal white-collar worker...
- He's so handsome
- [quote]he loves Madonna
Really? He looks a lot younger than I would guess for your typical Madonna fan.
- The outfit is rather Dolce & Gabbana Autumn/Winter 2012. So gorgeous.
- what a cutie!
- Well, he's got a good sense of humor, here's his halloween costume (the guy on the left is the conservative fighting Brian's gay marriage legislation in the State House)
- R169, awww, i'm in Love!
- Talking and walking
- I disagree, with some above. If you're into masculine guys and we're talking about how hot someone is or not - you have a right to say he's not as masculine as previously thought. Who cares. Why do YOU have an issue with that is more the question LOL. Some dudes are girlier than others. And I say we can talk about it. Having said that Brian is FANTASTIC. Adorable. Fun, sweet, kind. And yes, he can be a little "chick-like" and that's not a bad thing to say. He's not as masculine, who cares? LOL it's who he is. But he is out there in his job fighting for all of us. And yes... I'd love to tap that. You guys have really got to get over this masculine/fem thing. Some guys like masculine guys, others like guys a bit more on the fem side. It's a big who cares it what's people like.
- He's a chunky Hunk
- Big time love him...I wanna lick him in places!
- I saw him in NYC years ago when he was dating a blond dude.. The blond was very drunk and not that attractive.
- He's a little fey.
- [R173], I am so using that to describe people.
- She's a big ole bottom. Butch on the outside but as soon as you take her home, her heels are on the ceiling faster than you can say, "oh yeah daddy!"
- R178, who doesn't like hunky bottoms?
- I don't have time to read this, is he a Dem or a Repug?
- He's thick! I loves me some thick.
- R181, he's dem alright, just not "straight dem"
- R184 Yes, I guess we can't say "voting the straight ticket" anymore.
- sexy man
- Sexy FuCK
- A little puff piece on Brian. Predictably, a number of the comments are hateful.
- He needs to lose the beard, and about 25 pounds.
- (r189) fuck off. He looks lovely just as he is. Jealous he does not relate to you twinkly looking terds? Not all of us do. I'll take my Mr. Sims just the way he is.
- I would do unspeakable (in a good way) things to that man.
- Why is he single if he's successful and good looking? Is there something we don't know?
- he's a sex symbol and apparently has a HOTTER brother
- he's got his new look going on
- Nothing sexier than a good-looking man who eats!
- Lick his hairy hole yummy!
- Are you all adults? It's pretty embarrassing how people are spending more time talking about how cute someone is rather than his political accomplishments. If he internalizes this petty bullshit he'll start to care about his appearance more than he should...and we'll lose an effective politician.
- R200, calm down! He's a good politician and he's doing great work to advance gay rights in a very non-gay friendly state. It doesn't mean we can't appreciate his beauty.
- Piss off r200 This ain't Towleroad or the Huffinton Post.
- [quote]Are you all adults? It's pretty embarrassing how people are spending more time talking about how cute someone is rather than his political accomplishments. If he internalizes this petty bullshit he'll start to care about his appearance more than he should...and we'll lose an effective politician.
Good Lord. Do you realize how many improbable leaps of logic that you had to make in order to arrive at your final, finger-wagging scold?
You really need to chill. How old are you? You sound like you're about 90.
- [quote]Nothing sexier than a good-looking man who eats!
and likes knocking back a few beers with friends too!
- He's heading to Japan at the behest of Caroline Kennedy!
- r207 I can see him in a kimono, that hot little beary bear.
- [quote]and likes knocking back a few beers with friends too!
- As soon as I saw him in the "This is What A Feminist Looks Like" t-shirt, I tuned him out.
Self loathing men are disgusting and are not to be trusted. I'll be sure to contribute to whomever decides to run against him in future primary races.
- how is that self-loathing?
- R210 = elderly racist asshole.
(troll-dar is not his friend)
- I loved when he opened his mouth wiiiiide in that short clip.
It's where my penis goes.
- I got a weakness for sexy southpaws
- Row row row your boat:
- A newish pic:
- What planet is R210 posting from? Sims is a Democrat so of course he identifies as a feminist. He's pro choice and supports equal pay and domestic violence legislation. If that's the sort of thing that drives you to "contribute to whomever decides to run against him in future primary races" then you're not a real Democrat anyway. You won't even find another candidate in the Democratic primary who doesn't support those things anyway. Democrats are feminists and support equal rights for everyone.
- Is this what's known as a mutton chop?
- Why won't the man take an island vacation so we can get a decent shirtless shot of him frolicking in the surf?
- I love you Brian, but mutton-chops? NO.
r216's pic is the way to go.
- out and proud!
he did the muttony thing for No-Shoave November
- R219, he's too busy going to youth centers and running off to Japan to see Caroline Kennedy!
- LOL I knew Brian Sims before all of this and -- look he's a very attractive good guy --- take that model and find it out there. There are OTHER Brian Sims out there.
Brian should be commended for the good work he's done basically ever since being a football player and if you haven't seen those pics -- woof... look that up.
I find it hilarious there is this thread, but GET IT. But someone said I want someone like him as if there are not people like him out there. There are, tons, they are just harder to find and you won't find them in a gay bar gents. Though Brian you may have lol. He's sweet and working for all of us. Perhaps he'll even go further one day. We should all support him.
- Dear Brian's stylish Thanksgiving in the Land of the Rising Sun:
- Oops here's the link:
- And here's the accompanying article:
- Sims on Black Friday....
"Black Friday is gross. No memes, witty quotes, or funny pictures. It's just gross. That is all."
- Well, smell him. What a snooty, uptight ass.
- He's a sounds great to me
- R228...you left out the part where he asked people to donate money to charities as a thanksgiving...he donated to the Attic Youth Center, which benefits LGBT youth. Did that part not bolster your attempt at a smear?
- I don't like his glasses. What happened? He didn't used to wear them all the time like now.
- [quote]Did that part not bolster your attempt at a smear?
Wasn't meant to be a smear. I agree 100% with him.
- R232, it probably makes him look "smarter" or something.
- quick interview before heading to Japan