- The initial shows will do well, sure. Wait until the reviews come in and people see how shitty Shitney "performs"...the demand for shows will fall very quickly. Shitney stans are just so rabid in supporting their talentless kween they don't care if she rips them off time and time again.
- I knew it was a lie. Those bastard trolls calling her 'Shitney' were a little premature and I will personally enjoy seeing each and every one of them proven wrong. There was Marilyn, there was Elvis and there IS Britney.
I am so thrilled.
- It's pretty easy to check the facts and see who's telling the truth. Just go to Ticket Master.
Of the 16 Britney shows, only 3 say "Not Many Left".
- I hope she kicks ass. Hopefully she'll last long enough for me to see her there someday.
- Britney will sell out all of her shows once people get into town and see the billboards. Britney won't sell out in advance, but she will by curtain call.
I can imagine how alluring those billboards must be, how could anyone resist?
It's Britney Spears, bitches, she's all VEGAS!
- This is the perfect gig for her actually, bitch is like 30 already with two kids. She doesn't need to flit all around the world like Tinkerbell. Let them come to her.
- there is only one 'Shitney' troll, R2.
prolific, but on it's lonesome
- Reports are now surfacing that the tour promoters bought the tickets for contests and radio giveaways. Man, they are really desperate to pull this scam.
- Shitney will flop-but not right away. There is no way people will keep coming back. It's guaranteed her reviews will be horrible as she doesn't/can't fucking sing and doesn't dance anymore, combined with never interacting with the crowd.
The first few weeks people will go but people considering it in the future will be turned off by the bad reviews. I'll be shocked if this stint is successful.
Shitney is not entertaining.
- She's sooooo iconic. She's an icon.
- I like her but have to snicker at "shitney."
- Hate to say it, but I'm getting the 'Michael Jackson before London concerts' vibe here. From what I know of her, she won't be up to this amount of shows, and/or schedule. Me thinks Brit will come down with a 'sudden illness' after a few shows, or the schedule will be altered, so Brit can stay on her meds, and complete a less taxing Vegas debut.
- Word's out that it is a wicked good show. Who knew!
I'm happy for Britney, she will be receiving the critical acclaim she deserves.
And her shows will sell out in time, I mean what else in in Vegas, Donny and Marie?
Good job, Britney Jean!
- Countdown to Britney kicking ass in Vegas!!
- Link please, R14.
- Poor britbot all relieved over Shitney's flop E! documentary. lulz. Vegas already flopped like her music career.
- I agree that she may not sell out in advance but that her day-of-show sales will be great.
Not every tourist--coming from around the world--plans ahead. Like the earlier poster said, they will see the billboards and want to see a big show. The Beatles will be sold out, Penn and Teller won't be exciting enough, so they will spend their cash on Britney.
- Wait-the Beatles are playing Vegas?-shouldn't this be news?
- The sad thing is that the generation that liked her is going to take a terribly long time to die off. She's going to stick with it through that.
- I agree, R18,
and once people check into those casinos they are going to want some EXCITEMENT!
The buzz on the street is that her new show has fantastic special effects and that Britney is in FINE FORM.
And it's not an expensive show, so everyone can afford it, unlike Celine.
WOO HOO BRITNEY!!
- If anyone here goes to her show could you please please please submit your review on this thread?
You don't have to post any pictures, or start a new thread on it, just give us your take on the show.
- Britney is not taking herself seriously with this show. Apparently, it's a great campfest. She performs EVERYTIME as an angel descending to heaven.
- Still waiting for ANY link about all this positive buzz.
- Does Brit do a good job with camp?
- I know a lot of older people who don't buy records or cd's or downloads
but who are excited as hell to see Britney LIVE in Vegas. She is a major celebrity, and just being in the same room with her is enough to satisfy
a lot of folks in a celebrity-mad culture. Any singing or dancing will just be a cherry on top.
- R26 and those people are fucking pathetic.
I wouldn't want to watch or meet Shitney for free, never mind spending money on the overpriced, no-talent, medicated up bitch.
Vegas will FLOP after the first couple weeks when people realize what a shit show it is.
- Fuck off r27. It's going to be a blast! The perfect entertainment.
LOVE the new documentary!!!
- For days away from curtain call!
- My sisters are flying to Vegas to see the show. I have never been a fan,
have never been impressed by Britney as a talent. ( I have always loved the big voiced divas like Judy and Liza). But wow, after watching the
documentary referenced by R28), I am impressed. I can see why so many people love her. She seems very modest and down-to-earth, and is working so hard to put together a knock-out show. She is like an "every
woman" and it is difficult not to like her.
I never saw Cher in Vegas, or Midler. But now I am thinking of seeing Britney's show.
- I'm happy for her and hope her show is a huge success
- I love Britney's songs, but who would see her live now? When she could dance it was great to see her dance and lip sync but now she can't dance and she doesn't sing! I will wait for the dubbed edited version and watch on the internet. I certainly won't go to see her lifelessly lip sync. While Celine was lip syncing as well (almost the entire show) at least she put energy into her lip syncing and tried to make it look real.
- Really? Shitney stans think it's impressive that she can ALMOST fill up a theatre with less than 5,000 seats??? LMAO!! Then again, Las Vegas is land of the has-beens, for people who can't fill up arenas anymore.
Only pathetic twinks (aka the "somewhat girls") and whores who think it's still 2001 would go to this shitty show.
- It's 7 hours later and I still don't see a link about ANY positive buzz, Britliar.
- Without question the Shitney stans are the dumbest group of people on the planet. Bitch is going to flop hard.
- [quote]Then again, Las Vegas is land of the has-beens, for people who can't fill up arenas anymore.
That's not true anymore, gramps.
Britney's Vegas residency doesn't start until the 27th, so all this talk of buzz about the show is nonsense.
I work in the concert industry. Britney's 2009 tour did huge business, because she hadn't toured in years. On her 2009 tour, however, Britney didn't sing live and barely danced.
Word got out and her 2011 tour drew about half the attendance.
Her Vegas residency will do fine, though. Casinos don't need to make as much money as traditional concert promoters.
- For Vegas, and for all nightclubs, it is not just tickets sold, but food and alcohol sold. For Vegas, and other gambling resorts, it is not just tickets, food, and drink, but hotel rooms booked by people going to the shows,
as well as monies played at the slots and tables.
This is just to say that the economics of playing clubs, particularly
clubs attached to gambling casinos, is different than the economics of touring. Clubs can afford to pay entertainers more for appearing before
a relatively smaller audiences.
Also on the entertainers' side, touring is very expensive. Many tours, even with good ticket sales, do not "net" that much money. Often,
entertainers rely on the added bonus income from "meet and greets'
and merchandise (t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc) to turn a profit. So, a residency in Vegas, with no travel expense, can work out very well for them.
- Today is the day.
- Night Time is the Right Time.
- We won't know for a few weeks. I'm sure all the critics will go easy on her. I expect Shitney to flop.
- I will be in Vegas for 4 days for a work-related convention and on my own in the evenings. I was thinking it would be fun to go see her, but not sure I want to spend $144. If it doesn't sell out, I can probably buy a same day ticket cheaper, but if it does sell out I am out of luck.
Not a huge fan, don't own any of her music, but I'd still like to see a show while in Vegas, and she is a pop icon. I watched the Britney Jean doc on E! and she really is like a little trained monkey, doing what people tell her to do. The show does look like it's going to be good, though.
- I know a lot of you are Britney haters. I myself never cared one way or the other. But i have to say that after watching the documentary someone posted here I really like her.
- Ninety minutes of lipsynching and pedestrian dance moves.
Even after all the questionable shit she's said about gay people, you would still walk over shards of broken glass for this bimbo. Hopefully she keeps her legs closed. Don't want the room reeking of fish.
- That's ICONIC bimbo to you, r43. She's our Marilyn. Britney is OUR motif for America. We treat her like garbage because we take for granted what America represents.
- "She's our Marilyn"
And here I was, about to say to myself, "I'm glad nobody on the thread is making hyperbolic statements."
- Britney is the Marilyn of our generation, our culture.
- R46, I think that Lindsay Lohan fits that more than any other celebrity. From an A-list celebrity to a Charlie Sheen-level trainwreck to a reality tv star in record time, totally keeping in line with our digital-era culture, where things ebb and flow constantly. Let's hope she doesn't end up dead.
- No, Lindsay Lohan is more like Elizabeth Taylor than Marilyn.
- R48, lol, you may be right, but I think she is the perfect example of our culture right now.
- She's flopulous!
- Actually.. there is a lot of cirque aspects to the show, costume changed, acrobatics, etc. All to Brit Brit's music...ala the Michael Jackson cirqu show. The bonus is Britney is there '''"singing" and performing as well.
The initial run is doing very well in sales some 6000 seats left.(despite the shitney troll's mad ticket master skills)...
Rumor has it PH is going to extend the run and is happy with the turn out.
- Britney's always been a down to earth kind of performer. It's not a Beyonce show where she's presented as some ominipotent ultra earnest force. It's a campfest. You won't have a transcendental experience with Britney but you feel like you're at a nice karaoke evening of Britney Spears great hits. And that is actually no bad thing at all because the pop songs this girl has performed are the best of her contemporaries. She's got a collection to be proud of!
- That girl can not sing but she can act.
- Meanwhile, Beyoncé has a smash hit album and a hit world tour.
Hopefully, Britney's backup tape won't skip with this small time nightclub act.
- Britney Spears is more in line with the American Vaudeville or British Music Hall performers of the early 20th century. The comparisons with Marilyn and Diana Dors are actually very apt. I think people get disgusted by Britney because they confuse her demographic as the medium for 'great art' when really all she's doing is following a tradition of lowbrow entertainers, who happened to have hearts of gold. That's why she's loved. It's not a case of Britney not deserving her success, it's a case of people putting too much value on the role of the entertainer.
- Both Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe were box office queens with great beauty, numerous huge film hits, legendary lovers and glamorous lifestyles. Books and documentaries were and will be written about them.
Neither Lindsay or Britney measure up to either icon - just in work alone, greatly reducing the corporate incentive to exploit them with real, measurable product.
Therefore there is no comparison.
- There is every comparison, actually. We look back at Liz and Marilyn with rose tinted glasses but for their own time, they got the scorn from all sides and then some. The culture is not what it was, obviously. But the comparisons are incredibly potent.
- [quote]but I think she is the perfect example of our culture right now.
You may be joking, but I think that your statement is accurate.
- You wrote just a few words but still managed to be all wrong r57.
Once again, in yet another of your posts you managed to be myopic.
The product is not, nor will be there. In any case Britney is essentially already forgotten.
- The majority of shows in Vegas seem to be those Cirque Soleil type things, one visit to Vegas a few years back I was really struggling because there were multiple European circus type shows like Soleil, Rita Rudner, Donnie and Marie and that was about it. I think it will be nice to have something different there.
- Everyone wants to see a blonde goddess in Vegas. It's part of the allure, to see hot naked women on stage.
Then you go home.
- r59, the product has already BEEN. You are the one who can't see the bigger picture. Britney is Marilyn via Warhol. She doesn't need to do a THING!
- Why the F*** do you people "like" her? I just don't get it.
- If I visited Las Vegas I'd certainly go see her show. I remember when Oops I Did It Again came out me and my friends laughed about her shitty music and about the whole manufactured image. But during the years I've warmed up to her, even though I see her as something of a sad figure.
She's had pretty amazing string of hits, and some of her songs have been quite good pop songs. I've never listened to a whole album from her so I probably know only her biggest songs, and that's fine by me. She's a pop princess, and I don't need more from her.
I watched the I Am Britney Jean and I don't know what to think about her. It was great that she seemed coherent but I kept wondering what drugs she's taking for her mental condition. Of course all the boyfriend and family stuff seemed scripted, and I can't say that I liked her dad. And you wonder that are they all taking advantage of her by using her as a money making machine. What does she really want?
But still the show's production team seemed nice. Many of them gay. Wonder if Britney's people had to explain to them that Britney has nothing against us homos after calling us girls. But anyone who says this is fine by me: "I would never say anything to be mean to them. I love my gay fans. Gay people are always usually my best friends in the whole world. I completely adore them." There are enough gay hating assholes in the world and I just don't see her as one.
- R64-her "amazing string of hits" will be forgotten in 20 years. The only ones I ever still hear are "Baby One More Time" and "Toxic". Hardly one for the ages.
- R65, her songs are pretty much brainless bubblegum pop, but so is almost everything else in the charts nowadays from Gaga and others so who cares what happens in 20 years. Life is happening now.
- Shitney troll is just mad they didn't do an Ani Defranco episode of glee.
- The Shitney stans are pathetic. Shitney does not have a "a collection" of "great hits". She has what-4 or 5 #1 hits? A lot of her singles didn't even crack the top 10. Her music is very forgettable and few will remember her music in 10 years.
Only people looking to waste their money would go see her Vegas show. What a joke.
- R68 The only people who would even consider seeing this old washed up has-been are trashy 30-something sluts who grew up with Shitney or coked out twinks too stupid to know what real music is.
- Rehearsal 1
- Rehearsal 2
- I told you she was going to LIP SYNC! Where are the bitches who told you she was going to be singing live now? huh?
I told you! I told you!
- Britney's not a goddess, she's a oversexed, overhyped slut with no talent.
And to compare her to MARILYN is the ultimate in ridiculousness.
- R72 Sad, isn't it? Her few fans that she has left who were stupid enough to buy tickets to this flop are paying to see someone pretend to sing. Just one more example of what a joke she is.
- Make no mistake. Britney is doing the best work she's done in years.
Luv watching her dance.
- Katy, Miley, and Adam (on red carpet) are there tonight at Brit's opening to show support. This is like when Frank, Dean and Sammy came to see Judy in Vegas.
- Yeah, R77. Except no.
- [quote]Katy, Miley, and Adam (on red carpet) are there tonight at Brit's opening to show support.
Wow, what stars! Two other pathetic no-talent whores and a "somewhat girl" who no longer has a record deal.
Talk about A-Listers! LMAO!
- please. Cyrus is doing it as a favor to Shitney as she is using her manager now. Adam is just an embarrassment despite having talent and Perry is an idiot too.
You won't find real singers who aren't embarrassments at Shitney's show.
Furthermore, having celebs there doesn't mean Shitney's show is good. In fact, this is a desperate move to get the public interested.
- [quote] Adam is just an embarrassment
Oh please. You don't know shit, grandpa.
- R81 since when is under 30 "grandpa"? You're probably older than I am.
Lambert has ruined his career.
Anyway Shitney still sucks and should rightfully flop.
- She's no Garth Brooks.
- So-any reviews? She must have turned off the cd player and went home by now.
As of 2011 Britney has sold over 100 million albums world wide making her one of the best selling artists of all time just in record sales alone. She is in the guinness world book for the best selling album for a teenage solo artist of all time for ...baby one more time. In December 2009, Billboard magazine ranked Spears the 8th Artist of the 2000s decade in the United States.
Maybe Ani DeFranco will be at hooters hotel or something and you can feel good about you.
- pretty honest review
- r85, the only amazing thing about all that is that Britney managed to sell that much without even an iota of talent.
She sucks and LIP SYNCS!!!!
- Her Vegas show just got torn to shreds. Even her fans are outraged. She didn't sing, her dancing was cringe-worthy, and the costumes were laughable (so cheap). Her fans are calling for her to retire.
- R88,link or die in a grease fire.
- She didn't sing? What a SHOCK!
- Sure she may have a lot of hits under her belt, but did she write a single one of them?
- She can't dance like she used to because she has had multiple knee injuries. She's also on meds, presumably, and could be vulnerable to injuring herself as well.
I agree with the reviewer that said that there should have been a few large screens provided for the audience. IMO, that's a huge mistake. people want to SEE Britney, that's why they are there. She's a beautiful woman, show her off.
If they didn't provide screens because she is lip syncing than do it anyway, we all know what her show is about. We are not naïve when it comes to Britney.
I also agree with the reviewer when he/she examines the value of the show. It is so easy to drop $100 bucks in a slot machine--why not spend it on a great show with awesome special effects and yes--the world's top dancers.
Even if you're not a Britney fan it is worth the ticket price just to watch her backup dancers.
Like I have asked here before, if anyone is going PLEASE write a review of it! I for one am dying to read of your Vegas Britney experience.
- Pics and vids
- She sure is fat for the amount of physical activity I'd assume is involved in doing such a show. And why does she look like Madonna in half those pics?? ^^^
- Queen B is back!
- Fucking epic opening!!!!
- [quote]Queen B is back!
That's right - Beyoncé is walking all over all these flop bitches, including Shitney!
- R96, About two thirds of the way into the opening, it looks as if she has a lot of trouble keeping up with the dance steps.
Well, it started out pretty good.
- I just don't understand why her dancing is not as good as before. It's not like she's forty.
- She is not singing live. Duh.
And her new CD has BOMBED. So ticket sales will not be brisk.
- R82 has a pretty good point. What the hell happened to Adam Labert's career? His 2012 album went nowhwere, and he wasn't able to put together a big tour or a broadway show or a celeb duet or anything
- She can not sing.
- [quote]What the hell happened to Adam Labert's career? His 2012 album went nowhwere, and he wasn't able to put together a big tour or a broadway show or a celeb duet or anything
His problem is that he's got a good voice, but he sounds like he's screaming most of the time and over-sings. Also, his music is plain (has no catchy hooks) and he looks like a clown most of the time.
- Britney can't dance because she's sedated. I'm surprised she can stand unassisted.
- Britney made a huge success last night. I was fearful Beyonce was going to dominate the last end of this year but Britney has just taken back the throne from that bitch!
- [quote]Britney can't dance 'cause she's sedated. I'm surprazed she can even stand up unaided.
Just tinkered a bit with your wording and now it sounds like an amazing rap lyric!!!!
- Thank you, R106! I'm flattered.
- WTF I bet her team is paying people off in the media to write flattering reviews. I've read 2 so far and they were mostly positive which is shocking. I checked out a bunch of clips of her debut show and I thought it looked shit. She's not singing obviously, and her dancing is pathetic. Her moves mostly consist of her standing in 1 spot and gyrating her hips, or walking back and forth on the stage while her dancers do all the real dancing. People think it's worth their money to go see that? Take away the backup dancers, costumes and light effects and you have someone who can't perform well.
A true performer could stand on the stage by him/herself and still captivate you. Shitney can't do that.
I think after a couple weeks the show will flop.
- She's got a pair of tits, a vacant look and nothing more.
- I just imagine her starting the show by coming out on stage and declaring:
"It's Shitney, bitches!"
- R94 - She is NOT fat.
She looks better as a brunette.
- She gives a laser show from her vagina.
- Do Shitney's sad gay fans think it's cute when Shitney calls them "bitches" and "somewhat girls"?
- I can shoot laser beams from my pussy. You better wear sunglasses if you come to my show, bitches!
- The laser crotch.
I wonder - if the Catholic Church had had this kind of technology years ago, would those front yard virgin-in-a-tub statues shoot out a crotch laser at night? Signifying a light coming from her blessed womb?
- Only in America can such mediocrity get as far as this chick has. I don't even know what's real anymore.
- The thing about Britney is that all her great hits, iconic songs - they're all part of a very small slice of time, and were popular with young teenagers back then. Her only real appeal is thirtysomethings looking for a nostalgia hit - no other age groups, no other demographhics.
I actually like her quite a bit, but unless she gets new hit material I just don't think it'll work. Only so much late nineties nostagia left in the world.
- Some points:
1. Shitney is still about 15 pounds too heavy for those outfits she's stuffing herself into.
2. She does look better a brunette, her natural color.
3. R116 she's even more popular outside of the US. Even when her songs flop here (and there have multiple years when that happened, including now), she either still does well in other countries or doesn't flop as hard.
4. Anyone who thinks she's worth the money to see her show is a moron. She doesn't do much at all and people are going crazy just to see her on a stage which is bizarre. Shitney's fan base is clearly the dumbest group of people in history. They're worse than the Vadge stans.
- R83 made me laugh
- R118 - She needs better outfits, not losing weight.
- Why does she look like Miss Piggy in a curly wig?
- Lambert's on Glee and apparently going to front Queen for a tour this summer. I heard something about him showing up on Katy Perry's label later this year too. I wasn't surprised to see them both at the Britney thing. Which, she's so out of shape, I felt terrible for her.
- The drunks that attend the various Vegas shows could care less about what is going on, just do not stop the booze.
- The audience seems bored.
- r96...Fucking epic opening!!!!
That is an amazing idea Brit....
- I guess some of you don't realize how big dance music has become in Las Vegas. A recent article in The New Yorker detailed how dance clubs in Vegas now bring in more money than the slot machines. The top DJs
can easily earn $200,000 a night just for playing recorded music. So if Britney dances to her own recorded music amid lavish sets and special effects, and brings EDM to life, that to me is better than any DJ, and Britney deserves every dollar she is making in LV.
- [quote]Britney deserves every dollar she is making in LV.
And her "somewhat girl" fans deserve to be ripped off for being so stupid and having such shitty taste.
- The biggest thing Lambert has going on is glee? That career didn't last very long. He should hit up Broadway.
- Preach it R128 . Shitney fans are idiots if they think Shitney is deserving of so much money for so little effort and even littler talent.
R129 exactly. Reality star NeNe Leakes has a recurring role on Glee too. He's really not doing so hot.
- What an original idea, Titney!
- You realize all the ideas were done by her director Baz and not her right? You think Cher was the first person to come in flying above the stage? lol Garth Brooks did it back in the 90's hell heavy metal has been doing it since you were probably a sperm in your daddy's sac. Get over it.
- R132 = Britney Stan having a pre-meltdown
- r133 Ani Defranco Stan praying she gets a hit one day and plays a chilli's
- Bitch is done.
Here we go-finally a TRUTHFUL review of Shitney's FLOP Vegas show (and btw if you check the writer's twitter, he noted there were "plenty of seats open next to [him]" when he went):
- Hey now, I was rooting for Glambert and all but NeNe Leakes has 10 times the career he does.
- It's only a matter of time before more negative reviews come in, and people start saying how much the show sucks on twitter.
- r135 and r137 same person lol
Umm did you read the review. hardly a scathing negative review and pretty much what every other review has said. Nothing earth shattering but accomplished what it was supposed to do. Bridge the gap between the DJ club crowd and young vegas.
Can you go back to playing wow and writing Ani Defranco love poems? Your Britney bashing is a little old. You need a new hobby. I hear One Direction needs a new fan club president.
- R138: If you thought that was a good review, you clearly grew up with a mother who told you constantly that you were a worthless piece of shit she wished she'd aborted while she had the chance.
- Spears has maintained that she only plans to sing live during her residency. Spears told Chicago's 103.5 KISS FM, "I'm definitely going to be singing live. I always sing live. It doesn't sound so great all the time, but I do my best."
- She always sings live? Who the fuck does she think she's fooling? Besides her brain dead female fans and her "somewhat girls" fanbois?
- Really? There is someone left who likes Britney Spears? Who are you people?
- You bitches are so mean. She's a dear girl. She's kind.Why must you destroy her?
- Today's New York Times review:
[quote]Ms. Spears is there mostly to activate memories, to be a souvenir for the eyes. Rarely did the voice booming out over the speakers appear to be coming directly from Ms. Spears’s mouth. Always a notch or three less committed than her backup dancers, she was at times downright listless.
- Today's BBC News
"Britney Spears dazzles critics in Las Vegas"
[quote]Pop star Britney Spears has received rave reviews for the opening night of her Las Vegas residency on Friday. "Spears stomped into town with a 21-hit salute," wrote Marco della Cava in USA Today, noting the show "artfully melded spectacle with stagecraft".
- R145: A review of the reviews that, clearly, gets them wrong?
The while Bitney4EVAH!-dot-com may have raved, the New York Times and LA Times, etc., did not.
- Her titties flop back-and-forth
- Naturally Lambert was there. He has a history of associating with more successful people in an attempt to get some of their success to rub off on him.
- r148, that is SO mean.
- I'm glad Britney is still successful and working. She deserves it. I would hate to see her in a kind of used and abused Edie Sedgwick state, a shadow of her former self.
- WTF are you talking about? SHE IS a shadow of her former self. The difference is, Edie was left to die and Britney is put to work.
- Article in today's NY Daily News reports that Brit was caught lip synching her perforamnce.
- Look at his picture of her. She looks like a 50 year-old man!
- Britney was not lip sycnhing, but there were definitely vocals being layered on top. You could hear her breathing into the mic so she was probably speak singing a bit.
- Pathetic show. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Shitney doesn't do shit on the stage.
- Shouldn't you be posting in the Ani Defranco meltdown thread?
- [quote]Shitney doesn't do shit on the stage.
You've just contradicted yourself. Asshole.
- r154, you are full of shit. The bitch lip synced the whole show, all the reviews said that she did.
Stop covering for that phony slut.
- LA Times: "Britney's "Piece Of Me" Vegas Show Demonstrates Only Loss"
LAS VEGAS -- The show is called “Piece of Me,” and that’s exactly what it delivers -- no more, no less.
Clad in a version of the bedazzled bodysuit she wore a decade ago in the video for her song “Toxic,” Britney Spears launched her much-discussed two-year residency at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino by emerging from a giant metal globe suspended over the stage of the Axis Theater. “Work Bitch,” the lead single from her latest album, thumped through the venue’s booming sound system as an army of masked dancers marched around her. Smoke swirled, fans hoisted miniature bottles of Moët & Chandon.
For a few tantalizing moments Friday night, Spears -- the one-time teen-pop queen who’s spent much of the last few years inching back from the brink -- seemed ready to reclaim her once-vivid form. Then the bubble burst.
Scheduled to run through 2015, with Spears playing approximately 50 shows a year at the 4,600-seat Axis, “Piece of Me” represents a potential pivot point for the singer and the state of entertainment on the Las Vegas Strip.
For Spears, 32, the steady gig promises a path out of the turmoil and disappointment that have surrounded her since 2007, when she attacked a paparazzo’s car with an umbrella after shaving her head at a Tarzana salon.
Though Spears’ personal life appears to have stabilized, her career is still hurting: This month her album “Britney Jean” opened with the lowest sales of the singer’s 15-year career; it sits at No. 27 on the Billboard 200, well behind records by Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus, both of whom showed up Friday night as a sign of respect to a trailblazer.
Filling the Axis, the thinking seems to go, might restore some of Spears’ luster without her having to engage in direct competition with her younger successors.
Las Vegas, meanwhile, stands the chance to further dismantle its reputation as a home for has-beens. Successful casino shows by the likes of Celine Dion and Elton John have advanced that effort, but with its jackhammering dance beats and recent-vintage radio hits, “Piece of Me” bridges the gap between those old-school extravaganzas and the superstar DJ sets that have increasingly come to define the city’s night life.
In terms of show-business strategy, it seems to make sense. Yet as a concert experience Spears’ opening-night performance came up awfully short.
Like most Vegas revues, “Piece of Me” moves briskly, packing two dozen of Spears’ songs -- from early smashes such as “… Baby One More Time” and “Oops! … I Did It Again” through last year’s “Scream & Shout” and the new album’s “Perfume” -- into a 90-minute sprint that offers the star only a few opportunities to catch her breath.
Plenty happens in that hour and a half. In “I Wanna Go” she danced with digitized versions of herself seemingly reflected in several faux mirrors -- think Snow White in Sin City -- while “Scream & Shout” featured a pair of neon-clad dancers running on gigantic hamster wheels.
For “Toxic” the stage transformed into a lush jungle tableau, a convincing attempt to keep up with the various eye-popping Cirque du Soleil shows in production across Las Vegas. And “Everytime” found Spears suspended over the stage again, a stories-tall gown flowing beneath her.
Smaller moments complemented the elaborate set pieces, as when Spears did a stripped-down rendition of “Lucky” set to a forlorn music-box arrangement.
Whatever the scale of the number though, the singer’s presence felt so diminished -- her dancing a tentative shadow of what it used to be, her vocals apparently lip-synced for the majority of the show -- as if to make the production’s title seem a taunt.
That was never more true than in the song “Piece of Me,” which on 2007’s “Blackout” -- perhaps Spears’ best album, released right in the thick of her public meltdown -- arrived like a searing indictment of the tabloid surveillance state. On record the track still stings, yet here it flat-lined, with none of the intensity, energy or strut that made Spears such a focal point of mainstream pop.
Throughout Friday’s concert the singer seemed merely to be marking the type of moves she once nailed to the stage; her boilerplate banter (“What’s up, Vegas? I can’t hear you!”) had a similarly uncommitted quality. To the extent that Spears had anything to say, it was overpowered rather than accentuated by the lights and the sets and the clips from her iconic music videos that played each time Spears ran offstage for a costume change.
You can understand her difficulty in meeting these demands. A decade (and two children) after her commercial peak, she’s in a dramatically different position than she was during the days of “Me Against the Music” and “I’m a Slave 4 U.”
Her life, one presumes, no longer allows for leaving it all on the stage.
But then why put her in this show, which neither revisits her old mode effectively nor presents a compelling new approach? “Piece of Me” demonstrates only loss; it suggests that instead of looking forward, Spears (and her handlers) are playing a dangerously cynical short game, exploiting the interest her name still inspires without regard for how the act’s shoddiness may limit her future options.
Spears’ game needn’t be over, yet she’s cashing in all her chips.
- Britney's flabby, dented ass.
- r158, you're a lying little bitch.
- Shitney fans are pathetic. The bitch is talentless and isn't even trying in her Vegas shitshow. She can't sing, she's not singing live, she can no longer dance, and she's fucking too fat for those outfits. People who waste their money on her are fools.
- R162..please tell us how you really feel. lol
- Her ass isn't that bad R160
- I have a friend who is connected and he said that ticket sales are so poor that industry and media people are being offered tickets at a major discount in order to fill up seats and write positive reviews. Only some like that pathetic BBC article are falling for it.
Here is a DAMNING review:
- flop. OP will deal with her floppage.
- The girl can't sing!
- R165 Thanks for that info. We all knew that tickets sales were terrible and that reviewers were lying. This Vegas show is an absolute flop, just like everything else she's done the past few years.
I wonder when these idiot executives/promoters will wake up and realize she isn't worth these huge paydays anymore. I guess they like learning the hard way.
- lmfao Shitney is just too big for her clothes and the back of one of her outfits popped open last night, almost causing a wardrobe malfunction. Why can't they understand she needs a bigger size? Notice the pathetic dancing too in the clip:
- R169 It's just sad, isn't it? Why can't this chunky cunt just call it a day and retire? She is anything but sexy. Nobody wants to see that shit.
- I wrote earlier in this thread that I'd see her show, and I still would. I don't quite understand where all this hate for her is coming from. To me she's always seemed like a nice enough person. I might understand the hate if she was some bitchy asshole but is she?
I see her as someone suffering from mental illness and I sincerely hope she's not being used against her will. Then again performing has been her profession from childhood so it just might be good for her. Who knows.
The reasons I'd see her show are that I like many of her songs and the show's production values seem pretty good. It's been obvious since the public meltdown few years back that she's not completely 'there' anymore. Her dancing lacks enthusiasm and precision. I can only imagine it's because of her psych meds. And obviously if she has knee injuries then that has a serious effects on her moves. I've been having knee pains due to chondromalacia lately because of too heavy exercising and I can tell it's no fun.
So, I'm not defending her performance if she's really bad. I don't understand why she or her people claimed before the shows that she'd sing live because has she ever really sung live on her concerts? And it is obvious from the show videos that she can't move that well anymore, although I wouldn't say it's disastrous. In that sense I understand the criticism very well.
But there's really nothing new here we haven't seen from her videos since the meltdown. And in the end if people are entertained by her show then it's all good, even if she herself is not in top form. Music and visuals seem great. And I must point out that haven't we all known since the Baby One More Time that Britney is not the best singer or the dancer in the world? Why act surprised now? I completely understand her trying to cash in on her career now when she still can. We'd all do it.
And I have to point out that I'm certainly not her number one fan. I think I have only bought one single from her ever and very rarely even listen to her songs. I just find these attacks against her here really weird, but then again it's Datalounge.
- She really has the flapping her arms thing down.
Her latest "celeb" audience members were Lance Bass, Paris Hilton and her sister. She truly is a has-been.
- Is Justin Timberlake posting on here? The comments are disturbing and disgusting.
It's sad. The girl should just hang it up, and retire. Shame on whoever is doing this to her.
God knows she's got TONS of fuck you money, and will never have to work again.
- Her father is blowing her money, r173. She has no rights to it, not to mention her paying off her ex-husbands.
- It's infuriating how there are many amazing singers with star quality who just don't get a chance or good promotion while this talentless idiot is revered as "a pop icon". Shitney deserves all the criticism in the world regarding her career.
- Amen r173.
- r172, Paris Hilton, what has that cunt been up to lately?
- DJing, lol
- I'll never understand the love and support her fans give her. It's insane. She's not talented, she's not beautiful and has no personality. I never understood or saw any "star quality" in her.
- She is vulnerable ?
- Agree, R179.
- [quote]It's infuriating how there are many amazing singers with star quality who just don't get a chance or good promotion while this talentless idiot is revered as "a pop icon". Shitney deserves all the criticism in the world regarding her career.
It's VERY infuriating.
It amazes me how the American public never embraced an amazing singer like Anastacia, yet loved this talentless cunt named Shitney. Thankfully those days seem to have finally ended.
- [quote]Her latest "celeb" audience members were Lance Bass, Paris Hilton and her sister. She truly is a has-been.
LMAO! That's just sad!
- [quote]. I don't quite understand where all this hate for her is coming from. To me she's always seemed like a nice enough person. I might understand the hate if she was some bitchy asshole but is she?
One thing that I've always found interesting about Britney is that while a lot of people have shit to say about her talent, etc., no one has ever had any shit to say about her attitude.
For a long time, Britney was the biggest pop star (like it or not) and yet you don't really hear any stories about her being a diva or acting like an awful person to people. In fact, most people who have dealt with her have the same story to tell, she's quiet, polite, and sincerely nice.
I work in the industry, albeit in film/tv, and haven't heard any stories of her being nasty. I think that's the key to why people root for her. I find it fascinating.
- R184 she was never "the biggest pop star". She has what-4 #1 hits? That doesn't compare to the biggest pop stars of all time. Shitney's albums always sold very well until this year, but her singles were quite often flops in the US. She was always more famous than respected until the media softened on her following her crazy spell. Shitney's music was never the talking point, unless people were talking about how she can't sing, didn't sing live in performances and used auto-tune. The main reasons Shitney became famous were everything besides her music-her teasing teenage lolita persona (created by her handlers), her dating life etc...
Britney WAS in fact the biggest Pop Star during her reign. Between 1999 and the early 2000's, she was the biggest female Pop Star around. When she came out, she was the one all the other ones were being compared to. I didn't say she was the biggest pop star of all time.
And again, it's really interesting that there are no stories of her being a major bitch or treating people badly. Like her or hate her, I think that's a pretty admirable quality, especially for someone who reached her level of fame.
- The reason that people root for Britney is because anyone with an ounce of insight and common sense can see that she has no control over her life and is miserable. Just look at Britney... does it really look like she wants to be doing this?!? Fuck no!!! Don't you think she realizes that she is past her prime? Can you imagine how degrading, a woman nearing her mid-30's, mother of two, being stuffed into skimpy outfits, forced into shaking her aging ass and tits in front of millions so that the leeches can continue to rake in the $$$?
I can't imagine what it must be like to be her. She probably wishes she could just be a normal person, live a normal, obscure life. She is nothing more than a shell of her former self... look at how sad and empty her eyes are.
I will be surprised if Brit makes it to 35. How much longer until the "overdose" do you think? Or will it be a "car accident"?
My heart breaks for her, because I know that she doesn't want to be doing this any longer. It's not fair to her OR her fans. I feel sorry for her.
- r187, oh please, it's not like she's Marilyn or anything.
- Bless her heart. They should have called the show "Weekend at Britney's" because that's what it reminds me of...a dead corpse being traipsed around on stage & made to "dance".
- See today's New York Daily News for the latest...Brit's costume came undone on stage.
- R187 she's an adult. She can stop anytime she wants. Even if her parents have guardianship over her, they can't force her to work.
If her idiot fans really cared, they wouldn't buy her albums, singles or concert tickets. Then her label would just drop her and she could live the rest of her life peacefully being a hillbilly in California.
I don't feel sorry for her because she doesn't deserve the fame or success.
- It happens.
Janet Jackson, smirking very widely at this very moment
- R191 I don't feel sorry for her either. I feel sorry for people living in poverty or people that dying because of a terminal illness; not some spoiled untalented cunt who got WAAAAAAAY more fame and money than she deserved.
- [quote] they wouldn't buy her albums, singles or concert tickets.
They don't. Didn't you hear that her latest album bombed, along with the singles, and her last tour flopped? Her last album didn't even do well either. Then there was the X-Factor bombing. She's over, which is why she's in Vegas.
- Exactly. She's in Vegas because her last tour was a disappointment. Ticket sales were down and there were numerous complaints about her lip syncing and listless dancing.
Vegas is where you go when you can't sell out tours anymore
- [quote]I don't feel sorry for her because she doesn't deserve the fame or success.
Oh good, the arbitrator of who deserves what frequents DL!
I can tell that you've gotten exactly what you deserve!
- Ha Ha! On CNN Kathy and Anderson both just ripped Britney Spears for lip syncing!
- R197 tell us what they said :) delicious. I'm sure the Shitney stans will try to attack Kathy and Anderson's twitters, being the losers they are.
- Why is it even an issue/surprise that Britney lip syncs? Everyone knows she does it, she's been doing it for 15 years, and I really don't think anyone expects anything different.
Sure, it sucks that a live performer doesn't sing live... but those of us that are bothered by it don't have to go watch her. I know I wouldn't. Those that are going can't be surprised and know what they're getting before they go. What's the big deal?
- R199 Shitney and her team promised she would be singing live...just another example of what a sham she is.
- Kathy was saying that Anderson was bashing Britney for lip syncing, and he kept denying it, while giggling the whole time. Then they played a video of Britney singing some song horribly and they were both cracking up at it.
- r198, they've already started...LOL
- [quote]Ha Ha! On CNN Kathy and Anderson both just ripped Britney Spears for lip syncing!
I never liked Kathy or Anderson before, but I do now! Good for them for calling out Shitney!
See, EVERYONE is sick of this no-talent cunt. If you can't even fucking sing live on stage, then don't even bother.
- Very true, R199. Britney has NEVER sung live in her entire career and her fans know this. So I don't really know why it's become an issue now. If anybody buys a ticket to her Vegas show thinking she'll sing live - well they deserve what they get.
- She really is singing! They just keep her mic off.
- She could only get away with the lip-syncing crap when she was young and looked underage. She can't get away with that now. She's 32 with a bunch of kids, is fat, ugly, and old -- too old for the record industry. She's doing the same crap she did at 16. People are throwing her off the stage.
- R206 Exactly. She has not evolved AT ALL after all these years. You can't keep doing the same shit at 32 that you did at 17 and expect people to take you seriously. She looks like a fat pig in those costumes.
- [quote]She could only get away with the lip-syncing crap when she was young and looked underage. She can't get away with that now.
[quote]You can't keep doing the same shit at 32 that you did at 17 and expect people to take you seriously.
Uh, Cher hasn't sung live in any of her shows in decades. But let me guess, that's different, right?
Celine didn't even sing live in her Vegas shows, and the bitch can obviously sing.
I'm not a Britney fan, but I don't hate her either. She's too easy of a target, which is why I think so many go after her. She doesn't bother me as I think there are far better people to hate. And as someone mentioned above, at least by all accounts, she's genuinely nice.
In my opinion, I'd also disagree that she's being made to do any of this. I don't think she's exactly a puppet. I saw some documentary she did a few years ago, this was after her meltdown, and she started talking about how she loves to perform and getting out there on stage is what takes her away and she lives for it.
When she talked about it, it was the one time where she seemed animated, and that deadness in her eyes disappeared and she was alive.
I think she actually does enjoy it and that's why her father lets her keep doing it.
I also don't think she's as incoherent and comatose as most say she is. She doesn't seem all that out of it in the interviews/docs I've seen, but who knows.
- She sang live on both her SNL performances.
- Sure she did r209
- R209 You "somewhat girls" keep telling yourselves that.
- r208 is a laughing stock. Cher and Celine can actually sing, cuntwat.
No one said they couldn't. The point is, they also lipsync their shows. Clearly you missed the point, but frankly, I'm not all that surprised.
- The Shitney defenders will never give up. Just a joke.
- r213 is a brain-dead turd.
- Who let this bitch write at the Huffington Post? She is a moron. This writer, who went to Harvard, linked the LA Times negative review of Shitney's shit show but referred to it as a "rave review". Then she listed 5 idiotic reasons to justify Shitney lip syncing. They're all laughable but especially the first one "she dances her ass off" which is followed by a mediocre dance routine Shitney does. Let's see-P!nk and Beyonce are more than capable of singing well live and dancing at the same time. Shitney simply sucks.
Whoever this April Sperry girl is, she's an embarrassment:
- Boy these Ani Defranco hard core male lesbians are really pissed she cancelled her artfest.
- Lip-synching shouldn't be the whole issue. The fact it, Britney never could sing. Her "voice" was always the product of studio manipulation. She was a producer's creation and nothing more. That people buy her claim of being a "singer" is beyond ridiculous.
- R217 racist and annoying DeFranco has nothing to do with this thread. This is all about how much Shitney sucks and how bad her Vegas show is despite some in the media and her fans saying she's amazing. Thank goodness not all the media is letting her off the hook this time. The LA and NY Times are being honest. On the other hand that Huffington Post puff piece is almost as bad as the BBC article.
- Don't listen. Britney's show is a lot of fun.
- R218 because she's been around for 15 years now, the media and critics largely softened on her, especially after her breakdown. If you remember her first several years, she never got good reviews regarding her music. It's the same with Vadge, except Shitney is even less talented vocally.
Some idiots believe that Shitney has an acceptable singing voice and it's bizarre.
- The Colesseum, is now closed!
- Britney belting 'Open Arms' at the age of 15. If this is not singing, tell me what is? You vicious, inaccurate little fuckers.
- Britney performing Open Arms in concert. Her first tour. I don't know how some of you have the audacity to say she couldn't sing.
- So she could sing when she was 15, what has she actually sung lately? How come she always, always lip syncs all her songs now?
- She's a whore, darlin'
- And what's really sad is she can't even match her crappy, croaking, studio vocals, such a low bar to surmount and still it's beyond her.
- Britney can't sing. We know this. Who cares? I don't like her music. I don't think she has a good voice. I'm not a fan so I don't listen. I don't listen to her music so I would have no plans to see her show. Why is this even a big deal to anyone? Her fans know what they're getting and they don't care. Why does anyone that isn't a fan care?
Is Britney over? Doing a Vegas show would certainly point in that direction. Then again, people said she was over soon after she first came out and it's now 15 years later.
Even if she finally is over, she managed to stick around 12 long years past what most people imagined.
- Shut up. SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP!
- I remember watching some MTV show in the '90s where her fans were saying Britney's gonna be the next Madonna and thinking to myself, "Bitch please." And now here we are, 15+ years later, still talking about this non-talent. How sad.
- Just tried to get tickets for May - all the vips, meet and greets etc are sold out (2500 a piece) there are 2 front row seats left and 2 in the far left orchestra.
Front frow are 525 a piece or 149 for far left...we took far left.
There were the standing areas right next to stage but I am not standing for 90 minutes...mama's feets hurt.
- Does anyone know the names of her backup dancers?
I think there are 14 of them rn.
- Yesterday, my two sisters were talking about how Britney has gotten great reviews. That is the general impression they (and i think most people) have gotten from articles on the web. I know MSN had a story about Britney's great success in Vegas.
So, for all the talk here about flopping, I think Britney will do well with this show as it seems to be a fusion of Cirque du Soleil, the DJ dance clubs so popular now in Vegas, and a sprinkling of celeBRITy.
- [quote] oh please, it's not like she's Marilyn or anything.
Yeah, exactly. Marilyn was a deep thinking, brilliant artist. She was an amazing talent.
I have a huge Marilyn tattoo all over my back, as a tribute to her genius.
- r223 is hilarious.
- [quote]So she could sing when she was 15
No she couldn't. She always did that stuffed up nose, doing an impersonation of a singer thing.
- r231 doesn't understand how Vegas shows work.
- Britney lasted thanks to 9/11, and then her meltdown in 2007. After 9/11, people were desperate to hang onto anything that was deemed a big part of pop culture before the tragedy happened. She was in the right place at the right time. Her 2007 breakdown helped because of our tabloid culture. Then she could have a "comeback". We know how that went. Now, she's run out of luck.
- [quote]I remember watching some MTV show in the '90s where her fans were saying Britney's gonna be the next Madonna
Except that she's clearly aimed from day one to be the next Janet...
- Blame TLC. They obviously realized how pathetic "Baby One More Time"'s lyrics were and turned it down. Shitney was the VERY lucky beneficiary of this, as the track was given to her. Without it, there's no way she would have been a star. The teeny bopper lyrics and naughty schoolgirl concept launched her career. Shitney should have been a 1 hit wonder but because standards for music have been so low for 15 years, she became a big name with no talent.
Even as a child she wasn't a good singer. She makes this "gurgling" noise on all big notes because they're a struggle for her, and she sings out of her nose.
- Shitney is quite possibly the luckiest pop star ever.
- Her music video for "Perfume" doesn't even have 10 million views.
Wow, she is seriously yesterday's garbage.
- PATHETIC! This looks to be true-Shitney is now accused of faking her abs with makeup! We can see she's not in good shape anymore and it's pathetic that they would draw abs on her:
- 1 big flop
- I was at her opening night show. Both her and her manager had previously said she'd be mostly singing live. Not only did she not sing, but she didn't even re-record the songs- they're the old album versions of the songs from 15 years ago.
She does not dance; it's more accurate to call her choreography shoulderography or armography. It was sad to see how far she's fallen. I guess the bipolar meds have lethargy as a side effect. The most telling example of this was during I WANNA GO. She had this setup with funhouse mirrors that played pre-recorded footage of her doing dances that she was then supposed to echo by actually dancing in front of them. There were several mirrors, and one was out of sync, but even aside from that, she was incredibly off. It was a joke. I'm including a video link of the performance.
It wasn't a total disaster because it's always fun to reminisce and have a blast with friends in Vegas. But the bitch is done. Compare her to pop acts that actually sing AND dance live, like Gaga, and it's night and day.
- Why are people saying she doesn't dance or sing live because she's 32 and has 2 kids? 32 ain't 92, bitches. Even otherwise talentless JLo, at 44 and with 2 kids, tears it UP dancing.
- R245 why waste your money like that. Shitney is pathetic.
- 34 year old Pink had a child more recently than Britney yet still dances, does acrobatics and sings live.
- Those ab pics are so fake haha. What a joke she and her handlers are.
- r245, that clip is really disturbing.
- Bipolar meds do inhibit energy and coordination, particularly Seroquel.
- But Britney is a girl and Pink is...something different.
- Very Creepy. You can see her counting the steps, picking her spot for her slow turns, then listlessly strutting downstage. And she still messes it up.
Poor thing looks like a zombie surrounded by mocking carnival performers. It's like a bad dream.
- and yet some in the media continue to praise her show. Ridiculous. People should just not come so she can be dropped from her contract, then dropped from her label and retire.
- Britney is not going to be "dropped from her contract". As long as the show makes money and attracts an audience, she will be there. Despite all the shit some of you are flinging at her, people still love this woman.
- R256 for no good reason. She's talentless and empty.
- [quote]and yet some in the media continue to praise her show.
They did the same with her album and her singles. They're either being paid for the articles, or they're not even listening or attending the shows. The public who've gone have trashed it, the same with the album. I've never seen such polar opposites reviews, public vs. journalists. I don't know how much longer they'll be able to keep this charade going.
Oh, and if you think she's going to be doing this show through 2015, you're nuts. She'll probably pull either a Michael Jackson: death or exhaustion, or a cancellation because she's not selling -- which she isn't. The people who wanted to see it saw it. Now they have to rely on old people to come and watch the monstrosity. She ain't Celine. She ain't Cher.
- [quote]Bipolar meds do inhibit energy and coordination, particularly Seroquel.
Oh, please. First of all, show me the evidence that she's Bipolar. Second, Seroquel??! Where do you britards get this horseshit?! Do you know how many drugs there are? Suddenly, you latch onto this one and concoct a narrative that she's being treated with it. Let me guess, you also are one of the bunch who still pine over a Britney/Justin relationship. You're as mentally disturbed and stupid as she is. You're probably nearly 30 and still living like you're 17, and this is 2001.
If she's so sick, which she maintains she is to the courts, she shouldn't be doing this show. Her conservatorship is of the "Hollywood" variety - a fraudulent one.
- Shitney is the epitome of what's wrong with the music industry today.
- In that video, why is she even pretending to sing? Everybody knows the bitch is lip syncing by now.
- Settle down, Shitney troll. It's not that big a deal.
- r237 how do I not understand how vegas shows work? I've been to 5 of them but enlighten me.
- Sound like they should have named it Weekend at Britney's.
- I don't like her music but I don't get all the hate for her or J. Lo. Their fans would love to see them in Vegas. Even that old skeleton Madge would be a thrill for her fans.
- Britney Fans Left Disappointed
Britney Spears's has left some of her most ardent fans disappointed after the star allegedly spent just 'three seconds' with them at an expensive meet and greet.
( Collapse )
Fans of the Toxic singer reportedly paid $2,500 for a VIP Meet-And-Greet session during the star's Las Vegas residency, but according to RadarOnline.com, they were granted a window of just three seconds for a photo op before being moved on.
A source told Radar: 'Fans were told before the meet-and-greet that they were not to hug or touch Britney without her permission and they weren’t allowed to bring her any gifts.
'And then once they finally got to meet her it was like smile, take a photo, goodbye. Each person literally got like 3-seconds with her.'
While the price of the meet and greet included a front-row seat to Spears’ Piece of Me show in Sin City, and a bagful of Britney merchandise, the real draw for paying such a hefty price was the chance to actually meet the singer.
And it seems her fans expectations were somewhat inflated - along with the ticket price.
'Fans were anticipating a flashy meet-and-greet with Britney but instead it was just awkward and uncomfortable.'
'She barely spoke. She just smiled and nodded and said ‘thank-you’ a lot,' the source added.
Meanwhile Britney's boyfriend David Lucado joined her onstage at her New Year's Eve - albeit
walking around on all fours.
The 32-year-old singer dragged her other half up for her Freakshow track at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
- She's actually sitting and letting others dance around her on stage.
- Re the item R268) posted, most "meet and greets", in my experience, are just that: you meet the star, you say "Hi" or something awkward, the star smiles, you pose for a picture, and it is over. This is true whether it is Britney, Beyonce, or Katy. You are not going to sit down and have a meaningful exchange with your fave have over cocktails. You pay money, and you get a photo.
So why single Britney out on this?
- Wtf is wrong with her then? Is she old and out of shape? Drugged?
- R270 Not true. At any of the meet & greets I've been too, they usually take 10 people back at once, get a group picture, and then that group usually gets at least a full minute with the singer/band to shake hands, give them a hug, say something to them quickly, etc. I've never heard of a meet & greet lasting 3 seconds, let alone for $800. She's totally ripping off her sad, pitiful fans. I read that she won't even shake their hands or touch them.
She seems like a total bitch. But her "somewhat girl" fans deserve to be ripped off for being a fan of such a talentless, rude cunt. Maybe they'll finally wake up and learn to quit wasting their money on her.
- [quote]Wtf is wrong with her then? Is she old and out of shape? Drugged?
Both, along with lazy and talentless. She's so lazy she doesn't even bother trying anymore.
- Get a load of this meet and greet montage from her last tour.
- Another new meet and greet photo.
- What's going on in the last few photos linked here? Is that really her? She looks huge compared to some of the people she's posing with and her eyes and smile look like the dead eyed Joker. WTF?
- I don't thinks she's mean or bitchy. I think she's drugged, unhappy and miserable. Does she even know how much these people are paying for these meet and greets? Probably not.
She looks barely functional and totally plugged out of it. I don't think she has the mental capacity to deal with just about any part of her career properly. She's being propped up and jockeyed around by her huge team of handlers while also probably being drugged up to the gils on psych meds.
Who knows what's going on in the inner workings of her camp but I'm betting it isn't pretty and not in the best interests of Britney.
- Anyone willing to waste money on "meeting" Shitney deserves to get ripped off. It's crazy how her fans are just so stupid.
- I don't understand why Britney's old man still has control of her money?
I hope the Shitney Troll starts signing his posts that way!
- She asked the courts to keep her father in charge. It's easier to not have to take responsibility.
- Her face looks different. She's had some plastic surgery or at least some botox in the forehead and eye area. Her cheeks look higher, though.
- Nose job and she admitted to fillers.
- She looks like a wax museum piece
- Wearing her wig pushed all the way back on her forehead changes the shape of her face. It's almost the same way Raquel wears hers.
- Posted by a Shitney fan:
Subject: My Boyfriend Gave Me A Bj And We Watched Pom Together ;)
"My lovely boyfriend got me a Britney Jean Album Deluxe version and we watched the amazing pom videos on youtube!! Woooo :D"
POM = Shitney's Piece of Me Vegas show
- Dancing gif.
- She has ugly backup dancers. She's the ugliest though, and she acts as a backup dancer to the imaginary headliner.
- R285 Shitney's "somewhat girl" fans are just plain sad, aren't they? Nobody with any class or taste listens to that old whore.
- R287 is that Shitney in the middle? looks nothing like her!!!!!
- Yep, that was from her last flop tour.
- the girl is trying to claim those are real abs...ok yeah...now explain why you have love handles
- Did Shitney win any awards last night?
- R292 sadly yes. Her trashy fans had to make sure something goes well for the FLOP this year.
- Shitney sucks.
Get some taste, bitches!
- Oh the Shitney troll is pissed again -
- R295 How the FUCK did that happen?!? Hmmm... Brit looks chunky, but not fat chunky... more like pregnant chunky. Or maybe it's her meds that have porked her up a bit.
- R296 That's the body you get when you're middle aged and eat Cheetos non-stop.
Bitch is too old and unfit to be dressing in clothes meant for girls in their late teens/early 20's.
- Maybe her pork has porked her up a bit.
- Def med pork , but I think she has never looked better
- Britney looked flawless. Vegas agrees with her.
- Her face is a mess.
- I love Britney but she looks dead inside. It's sad they should just let her retire.
- Christ that hair looks like trashy shit with that fake ass color.
She looked awful in the dress as expected too.
Too much of the public has shit taste. That's the only explanation for why Shitney wins an award. Her stans are clutching straws at this point.
- Is Shitney gonna release any more flop singles from this flop album while performing in her flop Vegas show?
- R304 I doubt it. I read on another site where her sad "somewhat girl" fans said they've been buying multiple copies of her album in a desperate attempt to keep it on the charts. It's sad how the handful of fans that she has left are so damn stupid.
- Britney's Vegas show is one of Ryan Seacrest's "must sees" for 2014.
Ryan def knows pop culture.
- Bwahaha, Ryan is a joke! You might as well say Casey Kasem.
- Britney sung next to nothing on "Toxic"
- [quote]Britney's Vegas show is one of Ryan Seacrest's "must sees" for 2014.
This is the same guy that brought us the Kardashians. Enough said.
- Ryan = Disney Channel DJ.
He's not taken seriously. He's an irrelevant corporate dj. He says everyone's great.
- Seacrest is the top DJ on Clear Channel iHeart radio, syndicated on all CC's Top 40 stations.
- Corporate radio. Which is responsible for abominations like Britney Spears and has done much to kill radio in the last 15 years or so.
- Britney Spears IS America. Do you hate America?
- Britney Spears is the whorest whore that ever whored.
And she's untalented white trash too.
- If this show is still going in April it'll be a miracle. I predict an overdose, breakdown, or a pregnancy bringing this laughfest to a merciful end
- bitch still a flop!
- She'll get more confident in Vegas as time goes on, I think.
- Is there any real info about how her show is doing?
- [quote]Britney Spears IS America. Do you hate America?
Britney is nobody.
- [quote]Seacrest is the top DJ on Clear Channel iHeart radio, syndicated on all CC's Top 40 stations.
Duh! He's corporate radio. He's like a younger version of Regis Philbin. Everyone is great. He has no relevance outside of E! where he can produce shitty television.
- Is the bitch flopping or not
- She's only doing 2 shows a month for the next 2 years. That's not enough to flop.
- Im going in may. Philly to vegas. Room at PH. check in. Gamble. Dinner. Drinks. Show. Drinks. Crash. Back to philly by 10 am next day.
- [quote]Is the bitch flopping or not
Yes. The sad little casino venue she's playing at holds less that 5,000 people, and there's still tickets left for every date. This is pitiful considering how far apart the dates are and considering how small the little venue is.
- the show can't be [italic]that[/italic] great, as her music sales for the current album/singles haven't improved.
- Its totes about vint.
- TOTAL white trash with her style of dress here and drinking fucking Crush?
- I wouldnt call her fat but she is weird
- Drinking Orange Crush is so Middle America or perhaps Middle-Southern America. It just shows the fans that Brit is unspoiled by all the fame and money. She is "real" and that's why the fans love her.
- Skinny jeans only look good on models. Can we just be honest about that?
- Here she is, a "real beauty" :
- SHITNEY BUSTED AGAIN FOR LIP SYNCING!!!!!!!!!
- The reason Brittney is no longer a star? People finally realized that she can't sing.
- R333 most people have known that since the beginning of her career. Her current problem is her former teen fanbase has grown up and they finally moved on from her wretched music. The kids these days aren't going for her-they want Cyrus or Perry.
Shitney and her no-talent, lip-syncing ways needs to just retire. This Vegas show is a FLOP!
- saw her this wed, place was sold out and packed...show was excellent.
- R335 = Some delusional twink still pretending it's 2002.
The bitches' last album was a total flop and so were the singles. Nobody's checking for this bitch anymore except for a few sad stans that she has left.
Hope you enjoyed your lipsyncing robot.
- uhh well i was ...there and it was packed and it was fun.
- I've heard only good things about Britney and the show from people who have gone.
- I know more than a few people here in NYC who are thrilled to be making plans to go see Britney's show. They aren't the typical Vegas types, and are happy to have a reason to go have a fun weekend, and see Britney. Actually, the more I think about it, the more fun it sounds!
- You must try the buffets, Courtnee at R339! They're so much fun too!!!!
- Ani Defranco troll is mad
- [quote]I've heard only good things about Britney and the show from people who have gone.
Well, people who pay to go to Vegas to see Britney are probably fans who are going to say good things regardless of their actual experience.
- I had no intention of seeing Britney - I was there on a conference and had free tickets to One Republic. Four of us decided last minute to go see her, bought tickets for 100 a piece and it was a great show ..
- r343, did she sing or lip sync?
- If she sang she sings exactly like all her cds sound lol. I seriously doubt it but you kind of know that going in.
- We picked up tickets to her show while we were in Vegas a couple months back. She was good. Of course she was lip syncing, and her body can't move like it used to, but overall it was one of the better shows I've seen in Vegas.
I had no idea some of the songs she performed were hers, or realised how many I liked - particularly the new stuff. She actually has an impressive catalogue of stuff.
- [quote]saw her this wed, place was sold out and packed...show was excellent.
Umm, the AXIS theatre (where this shitty show is held) only holds a pathetic 4,600 people, and she only does 2 shows a month. Are we supposed to be impressed by this??? REAL performers who are actually popular enough to go on tour can sell out a 20,000 seat arena several times a week, or if they're really successful, a 50,000+ seat stadium.
That's nice of you to try to make Shitney look relevant though.
- The Flopping Britney Troll is really getting desparate.
- Next stop... "intimate venues" aka Indian casinos in Podunk
- r347 she is doing 6 shows a month near and on the weekend when there are more people in vegas.
- and just added more shows.
- Good, as long as she's in Vegas she hopefully won't be releasing any more of her "music" which DID in fact flop when her new album came out late last year.
As a musical force, Britney is OVAH
- She is the FLOP of all FLOPS!
(Well, if you don't include Micheal Jacksons' "
- she might get another 12 million if she stays for one more year.
- Considering her actual level of talent, this ho is the most OVERPAID woman in America.
- ok so the Shitney stans who claim the show is amazing and sold out answer me this...you say she obviously isn't singing live as she can't sing and never could and that she doesn't really dance anymore...so what the fuck does the bitch do? and no she doesn't have a great catalog of music.
Shitney stans really have low standards when it comes to quality. Her music sucks and her performance ability sucks.
- I saw her in Vegas. I was there for a meeting and I was given tickets to see KA at the MGM and Britt on the same night. I heard KA was one of Cirque du Soleil's "meh" shows, so saw Brit with a friend. It was sold out and man we all really had a great time.
I only know a couple of her songs from the early years but the whole performance/concert was very enjoyable.
- If she's not singing or dancing, what is enjoyable about it? Special effects don't make a concert good-it's supposed to be THE TALENT of the performer. Since Shitney has no talent and is not even dancing, what is there to like? You Shitney stans are bizarre.
- Gooooo Britney!!!!
- She dances ...she dances more than Cher or Celine. Hell She dances more than Janet I saw in vegas.
It a good show and knowing she is lip synching does not change that. Hell I would rather know than find out later like some cough artists...who do it.
- Yes, r358. Everyone is bizarre. I mean, who doesn't hate on a show, just because? We should all make as much effort as you to freak out about things that don't really matter to us.
Please, with your infinite wisdom, let us know asap whose Vegas residency is the best! Celine? The Osmonds? Carrot Top?
- Only 2 shows a month? That's a great gig.
- Only a pathetic methed out twink or sluttly old straight woman would see Shitney's "Piece of Shit" show.
- The Shitney stans are pathetic. Only an idiot would waste money on that talentless industry robotic puppet.
Bitch can't sing, doesn't try to sing live, can't dance except a couple of BASIC moves that anyone can do and yet you praise her for it? How embarrassing.
- FACE FACTS FUCTARD!
Britt has a huge catalogue, a history, a legacy of fans. As the years go by, she will replace Judy Garland and Liza as the brightest gay icon in memory. Get used to it.
- I've been here night after night. She's flopping alright.
- Poor Shitney is a has-been. Her last album was a total flop (worst selling album to date) and they only released two songs from it because it was such a disaster.
- huge catalog? a catalog of shit you mean. She doesn't have any longstanding hits. They're all a few month wonders and all highly forgettable. She does have many fans but they're all tasteless idiots who don't know anything about music. Shitney has nothing to offer her fans. They think her just walking around stage is applause-worthy. Simply pathetic.
- Nevertheless, R368, she is packing them into the house, SRO, the tickets are expensive and there is a waiting line for them.
So stop wetting your pants, already! I'm sure your Shakira, or Janet Jackson, or FlopGa will someday meet with equal professional success.
- One day an actress will be winning an Oscar for a Britney Spears biopic. The woman is an icon, like it or not. It's the reality.
- Even TIME magazine has taken note of Britney's Vegas extension.
I'm not a fan, but I will try to see it on my next Vegas vacation.
(My sister who is not a fan raved about it. So there must be something
- No one cares about Britney Spears. Give it a rest. She is so 2001. Playing Vegas = Plays Has-Beenville. I saw the numbers. She is not selling out shows. This is her PR team fudging the books yet again. They did this last year when the show wasn't selling. She doesn't sell music. They don't have enough acts performing. They'll take anyone. She is still under a conservatorship at 33 years old. That's unheard of. She's been taking care of by daddy for years now, and she has two kids. She's a loser. The people around her are taking the money and keeping her drugged up. She wouldn't have even been able to take the Vegas gig unless she was under a conservatorship as they couldn't get her insurance without it.
- I love how the Shitney stans justify it with "she's an icon!" icon of shit? Bitch is not talented and is quite undeserving of her success. It's a joke that people want to see her. What is so great about her show? NO one has answered that because she doesn't offer anything amazing or even acceptable. It's amateur hour.
- She stopped having success a long time ago. Every venture she took on flopped except her Walmart perfume.
- [quote]One day an actress will be winning an Oscar for a Britney Spears biopic.
And that actress will be Terumi Mathews, finally.
- r365, you forgot one very important thing: Liza and Judy could SING.
Britney never sings, she only lip syncs. She will NEVER replace them.
And she's dumb as a post.
- Dumb as a post making 15 million for 30 shows and an additonal 12 million for another 20 - people who flop in Vegas don't get additional shows added. PH is thrilled with Britney so much so they are paying her 12 million more for an extension.
I saw the show. It was great. The Ani Defranco troll is just mad they cancelled lezbo fest.
- What does what she is paid have to do with her intellectual capacity? That's what she has a manager (or in her case, her dad) for.
Plenty of stupid ass people out there making shitloads of money.
Pathetic old queens sounding really old, and really pathetic.
Britney is -- undeniably -- one of the most successful pop music acts in history. No amount of aged DL whining about "Shitney" or how "her fans don't know anything about music" changes that.
You are free to blast your Petula Clark and Ethel Merman 45s in your mother's basement. You are free to prattle on to no one in particular about gauche pop music is today, and how no one recognizes real talent anymore. But you are not free to manufacture 'facts' about how Britney is a flop. By any objective criteria, any at all, she has been an astounding success.
- You are free to blast your Petula Clark and Ethel Merman 45s in your mother's basement.
- r379, Britney's been a manufactured whore right from the beginning. Nothing that she's "accomplished" is due to any discernable talent on her part.
Because she truly has none.
- What's your talent, R381? Crowning a turd until the last second?
- As much as the Ani Defranco troll wants Britney to flop, she has not. Her vegas show is a hit and that is the end of his/her argument.
He-She can hate Britney all He-She wants...but you can't deny math.
- Who the fuck is Ani Difranco and who cares about her? Shitney sucks. People will waste money on anything these days I suppose. Shitney is the laziest, most untalented female performer out there.
The only good thing about her Vegas show is it's keeping her away from making more shitacious albums. In case her fans forgot, her last effort rightfully flopped. She may do fine in Vegas but her future recording career is FINALLY over.
Luckiest non-talent female ever in the music business.
- This is an incredible read:
[quote]'The Secret History Of Britney Spears’ Lost Album' - Ten years ago, Britney Spears said she was working on an album called Original Doll, but her label denied its existence. The search for Britney’s “lost album,” and the freedom that still eludes her.
- Maybe it doesn't have auto-tune? The label is smart to shelve it if that's the case. We know bitch can't sing for shit without the computers!
- Poor thing can only play Vegas. That's what happens when you're a fat has-been. She couldn't even bring in ratings for reality shows, and she doesn't sell music. Bye, bitch.
- r387 Yep, very sad. The old fat slob is a has-been now. Nobody's buying her shitty albums or singles anymore, her last tour was selling tickets for half-price on Groupon in a desperate attempt to get rid of them, nobody tuned in to watch her on X-Factor, and now she can only play a little pathetic 4,600 theatre in Vegas twice a month.
Oh well, she should consider herself lucky she lasted as long as she did with absolutely zero talent.
- Britney is like Marilyn. She's an innocent. If you want to hate people and trash talk, aim your vitriol at her managers.
- Your words wound her..she is wiping the tears away on her private jet with 100 dollar bills.
- r390, you mean her managers are. Britney hardly sees any of that money.
- I guess it's safe to assume all Shitney stans have psychological issues? I mean the crazy defense of your talentless hillbilly queen is just silly.
- Britney has nothing more to prove!
She had already made a history in Pop Music!
F*ck you haters!!! :p
- r392, right, Britney defenders must have psychological issues when the way you critics conduct yourselves is with abusive language and degrading terminology. You're a joke!
- critcs?? Pretty sure it is one hater with a huge mad on.
- Yes Britney is right up there with Elvis, The Beatles and Michael Jackson in terms of pop music history.
Oh. My. Lord.
- You certainly put a lot of energy into hating Britney. If she means so little to you and has done nothing in your eyes, why do you care?
- anyone read about her being sued by a backup dancer for accidentally breaking her nose during a dance routine? lmao Shitney is a clumsy bitch!
- Brit looks better
- r388 - you may be confusing innocent with dumb
- R398 she looks good for a 45 year old woman, not someone in her early 30s. Plus those capped teeth look ATROCIOUS in pic when her mouth is open lol damn do they look fake.
- She's been seriously mentally ill for so many years. I wish they'd let her retire already. There's enough money for her, the spawn, the rent-a-boyfrien/minder, the KFed, the parents, the mooching sister, money enough for everyone.
I think of her as a trained seal on drugs now.
- BRITNEY collaborates for remake of "Tom's Diner"
SHe's Britney, bitch!
- Giorgio Moroder is back! I loved it! Thanks R402
- some people say Britney shouldn't be a singer because she uses auto-tune. SO WHAT? She's Britney, BITCH! She's amazeballs.
She adds a new dynamic to Tom's Diner!
- for fuck's sake now Shitney has to ruin ANOTHER song? Her robotic sound is never appealing. "Tom's Diner" was just fine with her her shitting up the vocals.
- Britbot is back.