- Ask the darfur orphan
- It's not tacky; in fact, the legline looks better if you're not cursed with cankles like some.
But there is a hygiene issue, unless they are allowed to air out for at least 48 hours in between wearings, preferably with some baking soda and/or talc in them to absorb odor.
- Your Asics will probably last longer than your relationship with your guy, so please yourself.
- I don't think you in danger, but I hate the smell.
- The only time no socks are appropriate are when wearing sandals.
- That's nasty
- Pop them in the washer now and again. What's the big deal?
- Surely you jest, R5.
- I accidentally voted no cause I didn't realize the poll question would be different to the question you stated at the end of your post.
Just needed to clarify that because gurl, no socks is disgusting! At least wear those low cut no show socks. But even then I just think it looks cheap.
- Your toes feel better when you wear socks
- Yes, those low cut tennis socks are better than NO socks. '
I might slip sneakers on sans socks once in awhile to run an errand or if I have to go outside for something in a hurry. Grocery run or something. But, nah, my feet perspire too much and they don't feel comfortable pretty quickly if I wear sneakers without socks for very long. If I see other guys wearing them without socks, aesthetically it's not so bad as much as I think "I bet his feet stink." And I am likely correct.
- Stinky feet are the biggest turn off in the world for me.
- It can be malodorous
- nope nope nope
- My feet don't smell, never have.
Socks, no socks, doesn't matter -- my feet don't smell
I am sure most guys' feet are like mine.
I associate smelly feet with other low brow maladies, like noise bleeds and scab eating.
- I also think the line of the leg looks longer and more slender without socks.
- I went to college in the 60's. It was the style then to not wear socks with loafers. I remember my parent asking why no one had socks on.
To this day, I find naked ankles sexy..........
- Men wearing those low-cut, below-ankle socks look like they're wearing womens' "peds" to me.
- Liner socks > low cut/"no show" socks
- Huaraches were big when I was in college in the early '70s.
I recently found a pair online and have been stopped three times by guys around my age asking where I got them.
Apparently the good, long-lasting, authentic ones made with tyre tread soles are hard to find.
- Not tacky, but definitely a hygiene issue. I'd pour some hydrogen peroxide into those sneakers on a regular basis if I were you. It's cheap and it works well enough.
- How about if I give my feet a Pine-Sol soak?
- Hygiene is a real issue. So is bacteria growth, even if you can't see it. The look of no socks is fine, but the whole purpose of socks is to protect your shoes and feet. Shoes cost a lot to replace (or used to once upon a time), while socks are easy to launder and refresh.
Don't use talc as suggested above. Talc alone or talc with the asbestos it's frequently contaminated with are toxic and carcinogenic.
Baking soda in the shoes. Airing out at least 24 hours after wearing (or longer, until smell is completely gone).
Throwing them in the washer is an excellent idea.
All these, if you simply must wear them with no socks. But tiny socks would really be better for your shoes / feet...
- R15 - I've always been amazed by the number of men who don't think their feet smell- but they actually stink.
- R23 probably wears socks with sandals.
- r24 --- Look dipshit, my dogs don't stank.
I have told you now so I won't have to tell you again.
- put them in the freezer once in a while. kills the germs/smell
- I think stinky feet are tacky and that's what happens when you wear sneakers without socks.
- R26 stuffs durian in his ass to distract from the smell of his feet.
- It's really about your personal hygiene standard.
Keep everything clean and you can go commando AND sock-free.
- Does wearing sneakers without socks make your feet/shoes smell worse than wearing boat shoes without socks does?
I'm way too sweaty to wear anything without socks, so I am clueless on this question.
- R24 - tell me what again?
Oh right, you can't smell your feet.
Be careful now -- can you think of a good reason why my feet couldn't smell?
- Are they super tiny tiny feet, OP?
- R26....it's STINK, not STANK....stank is past tense.
- You can make any thing look good if you are hot.
I don't date dudes that wear boat shoes or loafers, so there you go!
- Are you Sour Shoes from the Howard Stern Show?
- [quote]I don't date dudes that wear boat shoes or loafers
What if they're hot, R36?
- YOU IN DANJA GURL!
- r38, I work with a hot guy that wears boats shoes. Mind you I am late 20s and so is he. He is a closeted, bipolar cunt that gets an attitude with me in front of our boss, but acts like he wants to get in my pants when we are alone. But he is not getting any from me, even though I know he wants some dick. So boat shoe wearing dudes, no matter how hot, are a no go for me. They have issues!
- I absolutely loathe the feel of sneakers without socks, and think people who like it are weird.
About the stank, are you guys worried about after the person takes off their soaked-with-sweat shoes, or is the smell so bad that it's noticeable while the person's still wearing them?
- It's why you use the shower as foreplay.
- You're the one with issues, R40 R36. That's one of the lamest excuses for a story I've ever heard.
- Guys in boat shoes do not make me moist back there
- I don't think it's tacky but I can't go sockless. I've had nail fungus twice and the only way to get rid of it was taking Lamisil which is expensive and not covered under my insurance plan.
- The OP is clearly not from the south.
- Wearing sneakers WITH socks is tacky!
- Real men wear Crocs.
- There are some of us whose feet don't stink with no socks and it's more comfortable. If there was an odor issue I would probably try powder before wearing socks. It's very comfortable for me.
- As long as you are not over 25. It looks nasty on anyone older.
- R25, I do not wear socks with sandals. But I do fastidiously air them out for at least one day after wearing, before wearing again. So I always have at least two pairs of sandals and I rotate. And they last for years that way. No smell.
- I'm sure you do everything you do "fastidiously," R51.
- r18 THANK YOU for expressing what I've thought for a long time. I think their use started when guys would steal those tennis court shorty socks from women. You know, the ones with the little pompom on the back?
- [quote]My feet don't smell, never have.
[quote]Socks, no socks, doesn't matter -- my feet don't smell
Of course your feet don't smell, your feet stink, your nose smells.
- r18, only ancient and fashionably challenged dudes wear socks that go above the ankle when they are wearing shorts.
- Unless he's adjusting sailboat riggings in a squall, seeing a man wearing any sort of shoes without socks doesn't make me think that his feet smell, it makes me think that his pussy smells.
- It will get you blisters.
- Odor Eaters inserts solves the smell issue.
- The only shoes you should wear without socks are "fuck me pumps"
- No OP
- Who Dat r62?
- tacky and gross
- Ethel Merman once put a pair of Odor Eaters and her heels and completely disappeared. So, be forewarned.
- Um sexy
- No socks = wet, stinky shoes
- A by-word of masculine fashion among two-thirds scaled interior decorators and fashion consultants.
Must be worn with a sharply creased and rolled-up "pant", evidently -- the better to admire the little feller's line of leg.
- Ewwwwww nasty
- Um sexy?
- Um sexy? (Pt. II)
- Who dat r69? he look nasty
- You are crazy r73 Joe Jonas is hot and not nasty.
- Isn't that Nick, R74?
- I am not a dumbass
- Nick is sooooooo hot!
- R70 R71 Um, sneakers?
- Very cute
- Love the crab shoes. Holy shit! LOVE!
- No matter what Nick does he can never stink. He will only begin to emit fouls odors once he hits 40 and starts to lose his looks.
- I think that wearing anything it tacky
- It's goofy - Anglo guys who get their ideas about what to wear from magazine ads. The sneaker/no sock look is mostly a gimmick to get you to look at the footwear. Whatever.
- Douchebag R84, I've been wearing "no socks" since well before Anglo was what anyone called white people. It isn't a gimmick of any sort, other than to draw "no socks"ers' attention to an ad.
- I am not a douchebag! It's a classic look at my club!
- R86, an insult from you is like a compliment from someone with taste (thank you, trolldar).
- LOL, R86, yes, that's exactly it - even if gray and navy blue and white, it still looks goofy - like the guys who wear sweaters with the sleeves tied around their necks. LOL Um, guys, 1979 called and wants its Preppy Handbook wardrobe back.
- And what shall I wear if I am to fit into The Fashion Universe According to R84 slash R86?
Go ahead, give me a makeover. I dare you.
- The secret to dressing well is not found in a manual or a magazine. It's what looks good on your own body, what flatters your strengths, and masks your weaknesses. Yes, that requires some work and thinking, something lots of people don't do. So sorry.
- Gurls, please!
- Yet in spite of all that, R90 R84, you think you know better how I should dress than I do.
- Well, I know that wearing shoes without socks is stupid and goofy-looking.
Boat shoes/topsiders yes, because duh, you are on a boat or by the pool and fabric gets wet.
However, if your first name is Channing and your last name is Tatum, you can wear a Bozo suit with Groucho Marx glasses, and you'd STILL be A-List (at least, if I was manning the door).
- well, when you consider the fact tht they make 'no-show' sox here in the states; fashion has moved men into this new era of no sox showing above the shoe line...one day, i was in college, had a few hrs break and wanted to play some tennis. once dressed, I instantly noticed tht no one on campus had sox tht came up past the shoe. . .hmmmm
i felt out of the fashion loop by not hearing abut the style change ANYWHERE! but i like it cuz my legs don't get as sweaty round the ankles.
so you like the feel of no sox. and others want to look like they're enjoying the same thing.
but for clarification i think society in US has said no sox, but accommodated those who don't the unfortunate unpleasantness tht accompanies such a freedom.
- Ummm no sox!
- worse than shoes with no socks is guys wearing these half-length black socks with dress shoes. Furchrissakes guys, buy a friggin pair of big boy dress socks and wear em! Nothing worse than a guy sitting down and seeing the ankle barely covered by the sock, and showing off a pale lower calf. Yeesh, look in a mirror before you leave the house already.
- This is tacky
- Obviously there are generational preferences when it comes to sock and sockless shoe wearing.
In my high school you were a social pariah if you EVER wore white socks except in gym class. Bass Weejuns, Earth Shoes, Roots, Clarks, desert boots, etc. were OK.
By the time I got to college, Top-Siders and Ray-Bans were cool and no socks were seen on the cool crowd, winter or summer. Warm state so it wasn't freezing to take the look.
To this day I will not wear a pair of Top-Sider shoes with socks -- it just looks so wrong to me.
And only recently will I wear white socks in public with casual shoes -and only in winter and only when dressed grungy.
- Put on some socks.
- He is alright but not all that r99
- Totally gay!
Real men wear Knee socks with their sneakers and short shorts.
- Asics look damn good sockless. I don't know why but they do. Just can't be pulled off with every sneaker. That's all.
- I'll have to check that out, R103. Though I never wear sneakers sockless, Asics are my favorite-looking brand. And I go sockless most of the year, in loafers or Topsiders.
- 1. Some people have sweaty feet and then there's an odor problem. If you don't have sweaty feet, then there's probably no odor or little odor. If you have sweaty feet you shouldn't wear shoes that don't breathe.
2. Most sneakers can be washed in the washing machine. I have a shoe dryer that works well. Wash them and put them on the dryer before going to bed. They're dry in the morning without being baked.
- How cute
- I can still smell R26s stanky dogs...
- That would be your upper lip, r107.
Why not wash your hideous mug?
P.S. My dogs still don't stick, slime sucker
- Pardon me, "stick" = STANK
- A little short but handsome r106
- STANK FEET
- You wake up one day...... and PU you smell an awful odor then you smell your feet. " Ewwww" you say and you rush to the bathroom and throw up. So yes have socks on it will stop the odor!!!
- They do, silly sow at R108.
Just because you think your feet and your shit don't stink, doesn't mean you shit butterflies and lollipops.
- If my feet stank, which they don't, who would want to come over here and tongue wash 'em for me for a while?
How about you, r107?
- My pussy STANKS!!!
- I bet Nick Jonas's feet smell so amazing when he wears sneakers without socks.... particularly on a hot summer day if his feet get good and sweaty.... would love to breathe in their odor while I licked them...
- I never liked wearing socks with my sneakers.
- I can smell yo coochie stank.
- My feet smell awsome!
- Me likes nick's feets.
- Me also like Nick's feets
- Love guys with no socks. Topsiders, Asics, Vans Eras. Hot, hot, hot. And the stink? Yes, PLEASE.
I dabble from time to time myself and don't give a fuck what some stupid queen thinks is 'tacky'.
- Me too r125
- I need to sniff Nick Jonas's sweaty feet so bad.
- There's nothing sexy about a man's ankles. Calves maybe, but ankles?
- R26's feet stench is making me gag.
- You want to lick my feet, r129, don't you?
*NOW* I know why you keep bumping this thread -- you want to lick my feet … Oh yes you do.
I know you do!
- I would rather sniff and lick Nick's anus first
- Not as tacky as smoking.
- Not if they are Converse or Vans
- You wear shoe protectors. No odor. Done.
- Muy muy sexy
- Wearing shoes and sneakers without socks is practically a preppy tradition. I went to an all girls school and all the cool kids wore Tretorns without socks. Plus Stan Smiths, loafers, Docksiders and Maraolo flats.
Serious running shoes is a little different, but still I wouldn't say it's "tacky" unless you have major foot odor issues.
The REALLY tacky thing was and is to wear those super thick socks that all the Jersey mall chicks wore and probably still wear. Particularly if worn over leggings or acid washed jeans.
And no tennis shoes (or keds) should ever be worn with socks - tennis socks the absolute max.
- Looks cute on Colton
- Women don't wear stockings anymore. Why should men wear socks at all?
- I came across this post after searching for something else. No, I don't think it looks tacky at all. I've done it myself, going sockless, wearing Asics or Nikes. That said, those sneakers tend to stay mainly on a box on the back deck. I was in a hurry one day, and not thinking, and had worn a pair running shoes without socks to a doctors appointment, a physical. I had to remove my shoes to be weighed and later for the exam. At least the shoes were newer. Both times I was told, it was better to wear socks then go bare in sneakers or closed toe footwear. I now wear at least the no shows. I all about the sweating issue.
- Converse makes some good, really low-cut no shows for Chuck All-Stars that you can get from Zappos. And, unlike other no shows I've used, no sock can be seen whatsoever when wearing my All-Stars, which is a look I prefer. The accumulation of sweat and compacted debris and bacteria and fungi inside an shoe habitually worn without socks, gross.
- I'll have to checkout those Converse no shows one of these times. Just finding the right pair that works can be difficult.
I have a few pair of older running shoes that I keep around for yard work, ect., that I just throw on, mostly without socks. I should get rid of them.
- sorry, should have posted a link for those Converse socks. Here -
- Thanks to the poster that replied with the web link for the Converse socks.
The comment, "The accumulation of sweat and compacted debris and bacteria and fungi inside an shoe habitually worn without socks, gross." I now have to agree with you now. The ones that that I had worn around the yard and a quick trip to the store are now going in the trash.
- mmm thats sexy :)