- The teeniest slap, he screams like a girl.
- He's not more feminine than a lot of men who claim to be straight
- It comes through loud and clear off set. I was actually surprised. We used to have this huge debate about Matt being a top, then we saw him and talked to him in person and, well...we figured it out.
- He bruises like a chick.
- Does OP look better with or without a wig?
- I told him he walks like a girl, and he hit me with his purse!
- I'd say he was more of a benign "dandy" than feminine.
Albeit a handsome, benign dandy.
- I saw him play a celebrity football game with some dudes that were actual football players. You could tell he actually played football a lot before. He held his own as a jock. He even had jock swag.
- he looks smashing in a caftan
- Too much makeup there r8.
- If Bomer is not feminine then which famous guys are and why?
- He is very good looking. I would say he has fine features than feminine ones.
- Do you think R12 is a drag queen or just a femmy guy?
- He is not feminine. But I agree that he is a little bit dandy.
- absolutely fem. i clocked her, the minute she opened her mouth.
i'm guess that miss bomer thinks she can "pass" as straight, but she's quite fooling herself.
- [quote]i'm guess that miss bomer thinks she can "pass" as straight, but she's quite fooling herself.
This doesn't even make sense, let alone the whole Oh, Dearness of it.
- R16 What do you want to tell us? That Bomer is a lesbian?
Crazy eyes Boomer is a wild ass ride. Very sweet guy, not feminine. We enjoyed him.
Colton Haynes was more girly and pushy. Things got a bit rough.
- R19 More details. When, where, how? Bottom, top, versatile? Details.
- Matt Bomer could become a beautiful woman with the right wig, makeup and clothes. He could even pass. But if he passes me, I will pick him up in my van.
- Yes, please, R19. It'll no doubt be an Extremely Scintillating Tale. Or maybe Tail.
- [quote] More details. When, where, how? Bottom, top, versatile? Details
Serious, R20? Bomer is the BOTTOMIEST bottom that ever bottomed.
- Top acting Matt Bomer needs to come out as bottom.
- He is flaming in real life
- Does OP wear a feather boa to work?
- R23 Some people claimed that he is versatile. He might be bottom with exclusive tops.
- So that's saying that he's an overrated bottom?
- Matt is half feminine. On his mother's side.
- He is a rough top who only fucks butch gays!
- He's a regular Twinkie.
- OP,suck a camel`s cock!
- Isn't Colfer actually supposed to be a rough top?
- Oh for fuck's sake.
- Dude's a chick.
- I've met Bomer. On the one hand, he's not the least bit "feminine." On the other hand, I don't see how any gay man with reasonably well-functioning gaydar could possibly avoid getting an immediate RED ALERT after 30 seconds of conversation with him. He's not "nelly" per se ... he's just clearly not heterosexual, at least when he isn't putting up some sort of front (and he wasn't when I met him - and btw this was after he and Simon were basically married but before he came out publicly). It's a little hard to explain, I guess, but the descriptor of him being a "dandy" pretty much fits.
As for this top/bottom bullshit: please. It's 2013. Why some of you still insist on placing such rigid labels on someone's position preference is fucking ridiculous - equally as bad as some clueless straight asshole asking a gay couple "which one of them is the wife."
- R36, clearly you aren't acquainted with the Feminine Features Troll. Play along.
- I'm a bi woman and don't think he's feminine at all. He does have this metrosexual look. Maybe some people tend to see femininity in him because he's as beautiful as a woman. His features aren't rugged and they are quite perfect.
Anyway, he's stunning.
- Forgot to say something. Being on the DL for so long I tend to think everybody might be gay until proven otherwise but the only reason I first thought he might be gay when I first saw him was the fact that he was so incredibly beautiful! Prejudiced, I know but it turned out to be true.
- Call me old fashioned, but the only reason I first thought he might be gay was when I first saw photos of Matt and his then boyfriend on the beach.
- When he deep throats an 8 incher it's very feminine.
- r41 Simon, is that you?
- R40 Is his then boyfriend someone famous? When was that?
- [quote]Colton Haynes was more girly and pushy. Things got a bit rough.
- Which beach pictures do you mean ?
The one with that ugly blue batic speedo or the one, when "he" is on the beach with Zachary Quinto. Because, if 2nd, I'm pretty sure that this was NOT Matt Bomer, but just someone that looks like him. Yes, I've been unsure a while, tto, but some parts of the body and face just aren't Bomer's. AND - Quinto and Bomer went studying at CMU at the same time. OK, that's no proof, they never had something going on, but I'd say they're just friends (may be with benefits from time to time, who knows ???)
And: There was an interview with Bomer at 2013 USA network upfront and he talked about some of his fav TV shows. Unfortunately he let his 'mask' fall down for a minute and you could see: Gay ! Bottom ! Sorry!
May be he might be in the top position in bed from time to time. But when you count "bottom" as more as a description to a sex position, but as a position in a relationship, then Matt is a BOTTOM.
- Maxima is that you?
- In real life? I have no idea. He doesn't come across as especially feminine onscreen.
- R12, I personally consider the baseball player Anthony Recker to have a rather womanly body.
- Yeah, after passing a 4 years studies on a country's top drama school, that costs today about 40 grand a year and more than 15 years of acting experience I think, that one can expect, someone is NOT exactly the same person on screen than in real life !!!!
- In what ways, R48?
- Hi R50. Well in my opinion, Anthony Recker's buttocks are of a womanly size and shape. I would recommend you check out some threads about him here, and you will see that Recker has an unusually large and prominent buttocks of the kind rarely seen on either gender, but especially rarely seen on men. The womanliness of Recker's buttocks is due to a combination of its essential roundness, its protruding shelf-like quality, and the sheer size of his butt cheeks. Hope this helps in some way.
- Matt Bomer vs. Colton Haynes post going down.....
- yes. He breast feeds all the children.
- R54 But his tits are so perky! Wouldn't that have made them slightly droopy by now?
- R 54
I always knew it: Matt Bomer is a marvel of nature. Breastfeeding! If someone can do it, it's Matt Bomer !
- It was his birthday yesterday.
- Love you Matt!
- It's so much "feminine" as "mild", unthreatening etc. Looks aside, he's the kind of gay guy teenage girls crush on.
- He looks gorgeous in this pic.
- Matt Bomer jogs shirtless to pick up 'White Collar' season 4 on DVD -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Kelli Ripa just said he was so gorgeous he could easily be a woman.
- He said he needs to lose 35 pounds for THE NORMAL HEART film.
- Why is Bomer so attractive to straight men and not gay men?
The no of tweets I've read from straight guys saying they would go gay for him is quite huge.
- Kelly, get in line. I'm picking him up first.
- He has lost 10 pounds so far.
It's the docile quality he has.
- 35 pounds? It was supposed to be only 25.
- Since Simon has taken up spinning, he is able to go an extra half an hour chasing Matt around the house with the paddle, so they decided to up it to 35.
- Halloween 2011
- Just watched it. He said 32 pounds, not that it makes much of a difference.
He doesn't look as if he lost 10 pounds already. The weight loss looks good on him. He should stay this way. When it's all over, he shouldn't try to get back all the 32 pounds back. Maybe 20.
He looked very relaxed. And it is the first time when he has shown picture of Simon and kids on any show. I guess they heard about the split rumours and wanted to deny them as soon as possible without making any official statement.
- I'm done with this world. That picture in r70.
I just can't...
- Even though Mr Bomer is a Data Lounge icon, I had never seen him speak or act prior to his appearance on Kelly and Michael Lee this morning.
He is certainly very pretty, but I found him to be quite girlish. Kelly behaved as if he was sex on a stick...probably to garner favor with her BFF Andy?
- HIS EYES! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO meh I need a new angle.
- Boardshorts ought to be outlawed, especially for someone as gorgeous as Mr Bomer.
- R75 Americans are prudes.
- That Halloween picture is adorable. (But where is the Womanly Hips Troll to point out that he's carrying his son on his hip, in a very womanly way?)
- Good God, can you ka-weens stop being obsessed with this shit for like 30 fucking SECONDS?
- [quote] Good God, can you ka-weens stop being obsessed with this shit for like 30 fucking SECONDS?
Hall Monitor Alert!
- Matt really takes his 'motherly role' seriously. The way he interacts with the kids when they all go out shows this. Carrying the kid on his hip looks a bit funny, but sweet at the same time.
I read somewhere that Simon is a Buddhist, and in buddhisim, roles in relationships are spelt out clearly. So maybe Matt doesn't mind being the passive one at home.
Cute family though!
- Simon is actually Hindu.
He couldn't resist a deity with six raised, open palms.
- [R80]: No, Buddhism is very humane and stresses that all sentient beings are equal, so it's not at all true that 'in buddhisim, roles in relationships are spelt out clearly'. Interdependence is emphasised, and so is compassion.
- Buzz and Woody! I always thought they had sex and now Halls Bomer confirmed yet!
The kids wanted Bomer to dress in Zombie Lunch Maid. He is playing mommy's role pretty damn well!
And look, he even got the hip for it!
- "Kelli Ripa just said he was so gorgeous he could easily be a woman"
Did she indicate in which ways he's like a woman?
- They read Datalounge. They read this thread and the locked Is Simon Halls suddenly single thread. Matt should do a drag movie, like Cillian Murphy did.
Straight guys are so terrified that if they wear more revealing or form-fitting clothes or swim wear they will be perceived as gay....I'm surprised they just don't start wearing THESE again at the beach:
- "Why is Bomer so attractive to straight men and not gay men? The no of tweets I've read from straight guys saying they would go gay for him is quite huge."
Why, specifically, is that indeed?
- It’s probably impossible to maintain long-term (especially with kids), but the weight loss looks good on him. He looked unbelievably young on Kelly & Michael. I’d never have guessed that he’s 36.
- Botox, to get rid of the crying lines.
- R86 Why straight guys in Europe are not afraid of this?
I should have specified AMERICAN men.
- Has anyone ever seen him with his friend Victor together? They're usually so cute and Victor is quite protective of Matt.
I just love how Matt likes being around these huge guys. He's even said that he felt comfortable filming Magic Mike because Joe was there. Same with how he talks about Tim Dekay
Such a baby!
- Matt has no intention to play Christian Grey:
“In case that’s not enough to convince fans he’s out, however, yesterday a source close to Bomer confirmed to Yahoo Movies that the blue-eyed thesp has absolutely no interest in the role. As in, none. As in, it’s not happening.”
- I actually want him to take on the role (if asked), because it will change perceptions about marketability of out actors in Hollywood.
He needs a major leading role and has everything required for it. The fact that he's a fan fav for this film, must have made the studios' execs pay attention to him, and his huge fan base.
Yes the book was stupid, but that doesn't mean that the film will be automatically bad. A well written script could actually save the it, and they could use a body - double for him when shooting the sex acts.
He should think hard about this.
- Whoever takes the role is going to be a walking punchline (probably for years), so I don't want to see Matt in the movie. Then again, if he were cast, Bret Easton Ellis would probably drop dead, so it might be worth it!
- I don't think he would need a body double.
- R97 Just in case he's uncomfortable.
- FOAD, r73!
As for r80, I have seen many straight men hold their kids in the way Matt is holding the little boy in that Halloween pic. Nothing "motherly" in the gesture. Why does DL persist in femininizing Matt?
- R98 I don't think he would feel uncomfortable doing those scenes. Have you seen the Dr. Love scene from Magic Mike? He had no problems grinding his junk in that woman's face.
- I get the feeling that Matt can be feisty if need be.
- Who has that video of Matt and Jessie (from Modern Family) at the red carpet of a certain event - I think the theatre production of '8' -being all so girly together?
That's when Matt's femininity really came through. He can queen it up like the best of them i'm sure.
- Is Matt being feisty? My palms got hot all of a sudden.
- R99, I don't think anyone is trying to "feminize" Matt but rather are asking whether people think he's "feminine" and why he is perceived as such, whether physically or in behavior.
- Very cute family pic!
- I agree with r99. How would you carry the child in a masculine way?
- Simon Halls carry a child in manly way, on his arm while Matt carries them like mothers do, on his hip.
- DL hate Matt because he is out and the women love him . Gay hate gay .Jealousy
- R108 Exactly!
Straight guys love him too, and he's not a walking stereotype - that also fuels the jealousy.
- Matt's feminine + masculine beauty is what makes him so attractive. He has feminine eyes, nose and lips on a masculine face.
Plus he's also very sweet but masculine at the same time
- Halls carries the children as if they are potential blunt-force objects.
- R110, I see nothing feminine in Matt's eyes lips or nose.
- Don't forget, Matt's on Rachael Ray's show tomorrow.
- I honestly still think sth happened between Matt and Joe M while in college. I read in an earlier thread that Matt's friend Quinaz joked that he always thought they would do a sex tape together.
And the constant rumours about Joe's bisexuality adds fuel those thoughts.
I'm I the only one?
- Matts reaction when Joes dick was mentioned in a Magic Mike interview was quite funny.
- Interesting choices!
I knew he liked to tease men. Look at how Tim Dekay suffers in WC.
Sexual tension indeed!!!
- R115 R116 And Joe confessing to being super anxious to see Matt's dance routines when filming Magic Mike.
- You clean your cookies and ask the same thing in every Bomer thread, often multiple times.
Yes, they fucked. Does that make your fat frau fingers tingle with inspiration?
- R119 Yes!
- Rachel Ray interview.
- Joe and Matt are buddies only.
He is not overly feminine. By DL standards and practices he is a "frau" though. He is kind of dull and dresses weirdly suburban. Dad suits. Calculated maybe, but I get the feeling he is just a handsome guy who is not into being viewed as only that. He likes to talk about how the kids love quinoa and broccoli. Some y'all would label his life hetero-normative, while jerking off to a short gif of his soft plump ass in a thong. That is a bit womanly for all concerned.
He is a gay man, not hiding. Maybe he wears some better clothes in private life. He is a bit silk socks and no sex, and a bit absent minded himbo. No harm. No hunk. No shoulders.
- He looked good on Rachael Ray. I like it when he shared tidbits about the kids.
Did I see correctly that he and DeKay have producer credit on WC now?
- "Some y'all would label his life hetero-normative, while jerking off to a short gif of his soft plump ass in a thong. That is a bit womanly for all concerned."
What's womanly: his hetero-normative life, jerking off to a short gif, or his soft plump ass in a thong?
I ain't takin' the bait.
You understood me the first time.
- r125 makes it sound like jerking off to a soft, plump ass in a thong is a bad thing.
- Apologies to r125. r124 is the crazy who thinks we should be deprived of round, plump asses in thongs.
- So is Bomer's soft, plump ass womanly?
- Has anyone ever seen Matt's uvula? Is it womanly? What are its features that you would describe as feminine?
- You saw it correct r125.
- Gif I hadn't seen of his ass in Magic Mike.
- Gif #2
- [quote]“Glee” creator Ryan Murphy admitted “White Collar” actor Matt Bomer is at the top of his list. “I love Matt, I think he’s a great actor and the fans want him.”
- [quote]Sweet! Ryan Murphy just walked in and gave big hug to Simon before sitting at their table at GLSEN awards. @loulou_grace 2 tables over.
- The dowry negotiations must be going well.
- So Matt wasn't at the GLSEN awards?
- R137 Doesn't Ryan Murphy need the blood of young children to stay youthful?
- R139, don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows that the baby's blood is used to summon Satan.
Though technically, in this case, Satan would use it to summon Ryan Murphy.
- R138 No, he wasn't. He is probably too skinny to show up in public.
- Ohh, my baby boy!
- Could he have really have lost that much weight in the week since all his TV appearances?
- Those TV appearances were pre-recorded. Kelly & Michael was recorded on September 5. Rachel Ray probably around the same time.
- Looking very thin. Losing weight for The Normal Heart.
- Oh, you fat (American) fraus. He does NOT look 'very thin', just thinner than before.
- I don't think i'll watch that Normal Heart movie. Seeing Matt like that puts me off.
I just hope that this is not another one of Ryan Murphy's sick joke to destroy Matt's looks because he can't have him.
Ryan is a jealous BITCH. The fact that he said Matt would love to do 50shades and we know that's not true, struck me as odd. He wanted Matt to be seen as desperate, and then ridiculed for having lost it.
Can't stand him!
- sorry if i offended you @146. I should have said looking thinner than before.
- Don't blame Ryan Murphy. Bomer accepted the role a long time ago, even before he was out of the closet, when it was still going to be a theatrical film. He probably thought he was going to get an Oscar nomination.
He still might get an Emmy nom, although it's a longshot given that even Halls says he expects the movie to suck.
- How do you know that Halls expects the movie to suck?
- Why do actors destroy their bodies like this, just because of some stupid movie? If they're guaranteed an award like Tom Hanks, Charlize Theron and their Oscars, yes. But if not, like Matt, no!
Matt's acting is good, but it's his looks and fit body, that are getting him fans everywhere. The minute he loses that, that will be it for him esp with his young female fans.
They'll never giver him an award for acting so I don't know why he bothers. He should leave such roles for the not so cute actors like Gylenhall, Matt Damon, McConnaghey, etc
He's too beautiful to destroy his looks like this, and esp for a TV movie.
- Matt is no 16 on IMDb, wow!
- "sorry if i offended you @146"
How passive aggressive of you.
Also, you have no idea what the word 'offended' means.
- Matt Bomer ♥ ♥ ♥
- He still looks great in that pic!
- R157 No, he doesn't!
Mcconaughey never recovered his good looks once he drastically lost weight, and Matt Damon swore never to do it again - his heart almost stopped.
Tom hanks even admitted to getting type 2 diabetes because of losing so much weight. So I don't know why Matt would do it.
I honestly used to think that Matt was smart because of his academic history and all, but of late I've had my doubts about this. For example when he does interviews for a project, he repeats the same answers to questions to a point that he sounds dumb.
And now losing so much weight for a tv movie just because his friend the director asked him, dumb! dumb! dumb!
- [quote] Tom hanks even admitted to getting type 2 diabetes because of losing so much weight
More like from too much cake.
- Simon Halls physically attacked an entertainment reporter!
- R160 Thanks!
I read here that his ex actually admitted to being hit by him several times, and I doubted it until now, eek!
Anyway, he does have a temper and is nicknamed 'The rottweiler' for obvious reasons.
Watch out Bomer!
- No but his buttocks are.
- R152 because he doesn't have options? This is the last role he took before confirming hes gay and ended his chances at other movie work.
- R162 True, he does have the juiciest tush. I just love how it shakes when he moves
- R163 You wish!
- "No but his buttocks are"
In what ways and compared to whom?
- R161 Thanks for the heads up, man!
- I wish Matt would promote his show WC more. The show is actually suffering when it comes to ratings, which is sad.
This guy would be very far now in Hollywood if he wasn't so private to a fault, even when not necessary. He's the most popular cast member on that show and would do wonders to it if he agreed to promote himself more.
We are always complaining that out actors don't get the same treatment as the straight ones, but fail to say that the out actors feel so special and expect Hollywood to come knocking at their doors. Hiding away and expecting people to remember you won't work. I'm not saying they go the Joe Manganiello route of unnecessary publicity, but at least remind people that you exist and have talent.
I was hoping that Matt would break that barrier but I don't think he has it in him to do it. With the popularity he got from the 50 shades fiasco almost fading away, I wonder whether he can still retain the fans he got, esp since he's such a recluse.
And now with this weight loss thing affecting his whole sexy look, I'm afraid for him.
- White Collar hitting series lows. Could be officially cancelled soon.
- White Collar is usually on in the summer and in the dead of winter when nothing else is on. It was a bad move to run it this time of year. I guess they thought Matt would bring in a bigger audience.
- R160, R161 Quite contrary now. Publicists are known as communication POLICE. I'm not surprised that Simon might have behaved so aggressively and he might have behaved more rudely with other media personnel too. But I think he has changed a lot since being with Matt. His way of handling things, tone of communication has become softer, not quite harsh anymore. Most publicists are still rough and rude but Simon has changed and his way of dealings things have become more "humane" from the perspectives of general people like us. I doubt he is capable of hurting Matt. And that incident of scratches, it either looks like an accident caused by a tree branch or their puppy. Do you if it was a domestic violence, he's stupid enough to allow the photos to be published? No.
- *Do you think if it was a domestic violence, he's stupid enough to allow the photos to be published? No.
- R171 is me R172
- The only way Lucky the dog could have caused that scratch is if Simon decided to use him as a blunt-force object.
- Looks pretty similar.
- The guy blocked hotlinking. So read the entire dog-scratch post instead.
- You are overdramatizing. Matt will gain the weight back and look as great as before. Matt McC looked like shit beforehand.
And don't you think that TNH is a story that is somehow close to Matt And that's why he has chosen to do it. Stop with the ridiculousness that Ryan Murphy wants to ruin Matts look bs.
- Matt's new fans are not the type to enjoy a show like WC. It's too 'complicated' for them.
- I see that Bomer troll didn't get any better and still hears voices in his head and believes that Halls is talking directly to him through DL. Oh dear, you must be really important, no? (Maybe in your head)
Anyway, I wonder if Matt would accept the role in TNH if it was a TV movie from the beginning. It's one thing to lose all that weight for a feature and another for TV project.
It seems that after it became a TV movie he really had no good choice.
If he decided to continue with the project he has to lose the weight and potentially risk his health and losing his good looks, all of this just for TV.
If he decided to leave he would get an opinion of primadonna who thinks he is too good for TV, especially if others, like Ruffalo and Roberts are still on. Of course they are not risking anything by doing it, but who cares. Everybody would jump on Bomer and laugh that he hoped for a career break and maybe an Oscar and now when there is no chance for it he is jumping the ship.
Whatever he decided, it was a no win situation.
So he probably just decided to stay hoping that maybe it will give some boost to his TV career at least.
But something tells me he would not take the role if it was a TV movie from the beginning. Probably most of actors would not decide to do it just for TV and would face the same dilemma, what to do, if things turned the way they did.
- R179 I'm just hoping that he doesn't overdo it (losing weight)!
- There is an interview where Bomer is asked if he thinks he would get an Oscar nomination for "The Normal Heart" (when it was still a planned theatrical release) and rather than at least feigning modesty, he says "From your lips to God's ears." That more or less tells you everything you need to know.
- Mark Sheppard's man crush on Matt is so sweet. He just admitted that (for the tenth time) at an event he was at today.
- R181 I just hate that he's doing this for some Tv movie that won't even reward him with anything. It will all be about Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts anyway.
McConnaughey just admitted to having health problems because of his drastic weight loss
Bomer is a fool for agreeing to do this!
- When WC ends, do we think Bomer will come to the Broadway?
- Which one, R184?
- R184 I hope not. He needs to star in big movies hopefully as a lead.
- There's only one the Broadway!
- Nice quotes from 'Mozzie' about Matt.
- R181 All actors want an Oscar, no matter what they say. At least he is not faking some false modesty.
- "From your lips to God's ears" interview. He was all modest first.
- Awwwww. He thought he'd get an Oscar for acting in a Ryan Murphy movie.
- Very good interview.
You can see that he is joking a little bit about that Oscar and other awards thing. The interviewer was really pushing hard that subject, so what he was supposed to say. He just agreed and laughed about it.
- It's rather stupid to push the Oscar angle when the movie hasn't even been preview screened.
- That interview was from before the movie had started filming.
- Silly reporter.
- Well, what was he supposed to answer. The reporter meant to be nice but he made Matt really uncomfortable.
- Ugh. That photo posted a bit up-thread of Matt after all that weight loss looks like what he has lost already is PLENTY! I hope they are finishing filming that shit now, and he doesn't have to lose any more. He already looks quite sick enough in that photo.
- He said they will finish just before Thanksgiving. They will be filming for a week. So I guess they will not start filming earlier than about two weeks from now. Which means he is probably still going to lose more weight.
- He'll make a good wishbone.
- I hate [R200] for making me lauch.
- He is so [italic]over.[/italic]
- Happy Hallsoween!
- I'm afraid you're right:
WC has constant "low" rates. But USA network has low rates in general. The other shows don't run much better. I think they also have budget problems, too, because of less commercial income. So they reduced the budget of all shows and show more NCIS repeats.
He has a seven years contract and maybe they'll give him a short sixth season to finish that show without loosing to much face.
Matt will loose his beauty soon. You can already see him getting deep wrinkles. Then he won't get much more offers after, neither TV nor movies.
Maybe even Simon leaves him afterwards for a newcomer babyface, that looks as hot as hell like Matt when turning 30.
Then Matt will continue live on the Hollywood's left over sale.
Loosing weight only worked for high class actors like Christian Bale or Tom Hanks. And " Xor Y is working on that movie, too" already didn't work with Steven Soderbergh's Magic Mike movie.
I just hope he stays healthy, eventhough he might ruin his health anyway when taking drugs after a time of no succsess.
To take that role was the most stupid decision to do for a man who is more or less defined by his looks and the fact he's gay (and people give a shit about his CMU Bachelor!)
But Ryan is a good client and friend to Simon and I guess he didn't want to dissapoint them.
I can see him praying secretly every evening: Please, God, please..if you exist......
- You're stupid. The Normal Heart is a great play.
- He's had a good run with the show though, hasn't he?
- Maxima, I love your name but your analysis is so over the top that even Matt will ROFL.
Matt is here to stay. Simon and Matt will grow old together. I am just keeping fingers crossed for a beautiful autobiography after the kids graduate high school at least.
- R206 he has had a good run and he should always be able to find some work based on his success with WC, but I sense from now on it will be largely gay roles or small supporting roles, or whatever work Ryan Murphy offers him.
Something like the new Sean Hayes show is not out of the realm of possibility.
- I think he'll have a Tom Wopat/John Schneider career. And that's only a bad thing if you want to him be a gay DiCaprio.
- I see him more as a Jameson Parker type. Or maybe Parker Stevenson. I forget which is which.
- Fisher Stevens?
- Fisher Stevens actually has an Oscar, so no.
- Did he buy it on ebay?
- Documentary Feature.
- "One night, Joanna was at a premiere party. She'd had a great conversation with Paul Schrader, who wrote "Taxi Driver" and directed "Patty Heart." But a publicist from LA, Simon Halls, refused to let her talk with his client, Skeet Ulrich. She really didn't care. She turned to chat with a friend. But then Simon Halls came over and said, "What are you still doing here?" Joanna joked, "I'm reading your client's lips." Halls grabbed her by the arm, pulled her through the restaurant, and shoved her out into the rain. Peggy Siegal, the venerable and not-to-be-trifled-with-publicist, ran after her and tried to get her to come back. Peggy said, "He can't do that! This is my party!" When Joanna came home and told me what had happened, I drove over to the restaurant. I was going to punch this flack out but by the time I got there, he'd left. We didn't write a word about the premiere and it was years before we mentioned Skeet Ulrich."
- That assssssssss!!!
- Joanna's lucky. Simon could have easily slapped her to the ground, in front of a room full of people, without a second thought.
It's happened before.
- I think it's strange we haven't gotten any pap shots of Matt, seems like there are usually a few when he gets back to LA and/or while WC is running.
- Bomer has clocked out of promoting White Collar for whatever reason (I have my suspicions), so there's no reason to see him papped and on the gossip sites.
- Maybe he doesn't want to get papped because he looks like death now.
- You're all a pack of jealous bitches. Matt Bomer is BEAUTIFUL! He can do no wrong. Perfect.
- He also makes a great skeleton for our Halloween display!
- How did this become "the" Matt Bomer thread? "Noone" really discuss the subject of this thread.
This is a gossip thread so tell us your suspicions.
Is it his separation from Simon ?
No, please don't tell me about that Hallowwen picture breadcrump. The show was recorded at the beginning of september.
Simon was ALONE on GLSEN gala, he didn't go to the ALS gala of his death friend Kitty (10 years jubilee) and Simon didn't run rocknroll marathon on 27th.
I still say, they broke up !!!
I just ask my self why Simon kicked him out??? Usually Simon slapps the people until they do what he wants !!!
- Fucking speak English, R224.
And R219, that's bullshit. Matt did two morning talk shows to promote WC's premiere, which is the same as he's done for the past couple of seasons. If he's doing any less publicity for the show, it's because USA aren't bothering to push it because they're looking to cancel it. It's more likely he's doing less publicity because the show is finishing, and both he and USA know it, than anything to do with his personal life.
And R220 is quite likely on to something. I doubt Matt will go out much, if at all, until he's back to his normal weight. He may not be horrendously vain, but he has the natural vanity of someone who has always been beautiful, and it's extremely likely he wouldn't want to be seen (or possibly photographed) in public looking like he's been spending time in a concentration camp.
- Actually my thoughts were also that Bomer was not promoting WC because USA is canceling it, although a split from Halls is plausible.
- Can we speculate on who he'd date if he and Halls split up.
I'll start: The owner of that NBA team (can't remember which one), who came out two yrs ago. He's the right age and super wealthy.
- Somebody with very small hands. Maybe an amputee.
- That guy who's with/was with Tom Ford.
- I'd rather go for romantic: Lee Pace.
Or dirty: someone from the zachary quinto circle.
Or one of the actors from white collar set (I mean one of the guest)
- He's going to go for another older man with connections.
- Joe Manganiello
They actually briefly dated in college.
- [quote]He's going to go for another older man with connections.
You got it right. None of these actors would date Bomer. Lee Pace is not out, Zachary Quinto is into twinkie models, and Joe Manganiello is too ambitious to have a Matt Bomer's career.
- [R224], I assume you saw a list of the finishers for the marathon? But how do you know Simon didn't go to the ALS gala? It seems like it would be a big deal for him not to go to that.
- Jude Law is one a Simon's clients and had a movie premiere in London on the 28th. Simon could have been with him.
- Perhaps he was having the fat sucked out of his stomach, and inserted into his palms.
- Matt will definitely gravitate toward someone older, wealthy, and able to assist his career. His ideal mate would be Geffen.
His role as consort to DG would be largely symbolic: no, or very little, sex--at least with each other. They'd be like Vercase and his boyfriend who would line up a group of the prettiest young rent boys in Miami each night and take their pick.
In time--probably sooner rather than later--Geffen will kick the bucket and Matt could play the merry widow, eventually taking a young lover of his own to raise.
- Oops. That should read Versace, not Vercase.
- Hey, wanna have a bite of Simon informations ?
His father is James M Halls, Professor of Radiology at USC. He comes from England, London, and went to Los Angeles later. Simon has his eyes.There is a picture of him at USC Radiology page.
Simon's mother or stepmother is named Melinda.
Simons father's income is estimated by an internet page between 500.000 to 1.000.000. $.
So, yes, Simon comes from England and comes from money.
Simon's son Kit is named after him (Christopher James Halls) and Simon studied at USC, too.
- R240 Wow, thanks for that. It's nice to get to know Simon's history for once. I figured that he was from a wealthy family because baby likes them older and wealthy (at least from what I've heard and can see).
Anyway, does Matt come from money too?
- So now you're stalking Matt Bomer's in-laws?
What a bunch of creepy fucks you lot are. No wonder he's so hesitant to reveal information.
- R242 Get off your high horse Missy, that info is public knowledge. And Matt's fans are hardly Bielibers or Twiherds.
Thanks again R240.
- I would hardly call that coming from money. Coming from money means the kind of wealth where you'd expect the kids to have a chunk of family money too. I never hear doctor's kids referred to as coming from money.
- R244 Enough!
With that income, yes he comes from money. Just because you hate Matt, doesn't mean you can just erase facts about his life, eish!
- I just want to say it took me 5 minutes on google to get all those informations.
I do have a job, a life, a family and hobbies besides Matt Bomer.
May be I know better where to search than others, but with a little use of brain every person could have figured that out. Those were all public informations in the end.
And looking at a picture of Simons dad, I was thrilled by the family likeness.
Coming from money: His father is around 80 years old and has that income and I guess he has had that income for years. The family also has a family trust (besides Simon's own family trust). I don't know anything about Simons grandparents, but I do know that NOT everyone could go for academic degrees after second world war in Europe, especially NOT in the in the class orientated British society.
Anyway, coming from money is of course a question of your personal point of view.
- It doesn’t matter how long it took you to find it. That you would even think to do it tells us everything about you.
And that others in the thread see no problem tells us everything we need to know about them, too.
- Actually I had read that Simon grew up in Canada, and the father's CV does show Canadian affiliations.
The super-intelligent, high-achieving father does not surprise me.
- Matt is hot. I remember when he was still somewhat in the closet (though an open secret like Wentworth) and he came in to read. Locked eyes with the dude - confirmed. LOL. So cute. I don't care if he's a little on the fem side (though in bed would order him to butch it up full disclosure) lol.
- Simon's father is indeed a high-profiled doctor and researcher. He is Professor and Chair of Radiology, Keck School of Medicine
Chief of Staff, University Hospital
Member, USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center Medical Staff. As a doctor he does a lot of important stuff and fights cancer. So this impresses me indeed. And he has done a lot of research work.
Simon's mother is married to her husband ever scince ( at least it seems like that). So I wonder where those violental tendencies, Simon is rumored to have, come from. Okay, you can become an asshole in every class or family, but the estimation for Simon being violent just decreased in my head.
Simon's middle name starts with a J and his mothers middle name with a B. I haven't found anything about brothers or sisters.
I guess you are one of those Saints who never read people magazine at the hairdresser and you are just at datalounge, to discuss epic philosophical topics. Human rights, children in africa...you know.
You might failed to notice, but as the head of a research center Simon's dad is in press too. Ups. And he gets officially introduced at his universities homepage. ups. And he look exactley like his son and grandchild Henry!!!
- No, an esteemed doctor and surgeon was never a strict and demanding autocrat at home. Never happened.
- You are a fucking piece of shit for posting Simon's father's information here. You cunt!
- I agree, Maxima is a cunt, but her crazy writings make my heart smile.
- [quote]Okay, you can become an asshole in every class or family, but the estimation for Simon being violent just decreased in my head.
You must be American. Traditionally, the British have considered birching and caning to be punishments for the upper classes. In the US, corporal punishment is associated with the poor and underprivileged.
- I don’t pretend that I’m on DL to discuss deep, philosophical topics, douchebag at r251. But I understand the difference between gossiping about what a celebrity who put himself in the public eye chooses to reveal publicly, and tracking down the in-laws of that celebrity.
[quote] As a doctor he does a lot of important stuff and fights cancer. So this impresses me indeed.
You sound like an idiot.
- r242 r247
you sound like a hypocrite. why are you here? this is a gossip site. you seem like a person who openly berate people for the same things you do in private. what's your twitter handle?
r250 "So I wonder where those violental tendencies, Simon is rumored to have, come from."
'those violental tendencies' are made up RIGHT HERE ON THIS SITE.
so, let's see him.
- R255 exactly. Remember how Lane Price's father struck his adult son with his cane?
- First of all, this post by Maxima is going to Simon Halls. And then an IP search will be requested. Have fun with whatever piece of info you are posting in a public stalkers board for now.
- And you weren't able to discuss that with an admin? That is poor !!!
Maybe an admin of this site is of the opinion that I overshot the market. Then they are free to delete this post or thread and I WILL RESPECT THAT and never talk about this again.
Maybe some guys think that this stuff doesn't belong here,okay,
but I neither broke a law !!! (I did not hack!!! but just posted information I found on google) nor did I post defamatory statements like the Simon is an abuser troll (who is the one whose IP adress should be checked, if you want to start that game).
This forums rules do not forbid to post those informations. And the first person to talk to is the admin of this forum.
- R260 Sweetheart, ignore that troll and thanks for the tidbit on Simon.
This vapid troll is just jealous that she wasn't the first to discover and bring that information here, and you beat her to it.
- Did anyone else watch this week's episode of WC (S5E3)? Something about Matt's acting was just a bit off for me. I wonder whether he was going through something, or he is just bored with the series now.
- you did not show any respect when you pulled out the info and posted it HERE, the land of anonymous stalkers and trolls! why whine now? worried about your own privacy? you idiot. it's one thing to know something or found something and it's completely something else when you post info of a celeb's in-laws. i hope you are exposed cause i have a feeling you are the same person writing horrible things about Simon Matt and their family all this time.
Anyways i won't be wasting my time here anymore. i have real work to do in real life to make a real difference. spend your low life on celebs in-laws.
- I watched it, r262. I didn't notice anything off about his acting. In fact, I thought he displayed more range in the past couple of episodes than he has in the past couple of years, but maybe I'm still bowled over by the good job everyone did in the first two episodes. Can you point to specific scenes?
- I agree that things like these shouldn't be posted here. It's true that the info isn't difficult to find, and some fans (including me) have known it for quite some time, but wouldn't have posted it here.
- r253 r259
"You are a fucking piece of shit for posting Simon's father's information ***HERE***. You cunt!"
oh, i know your type. you are in the closet about the magnitude of your fanaticism.
you are *SO* curious about matt and simon's private life you are deathly afraid 'they' will put a stop on it and you will never find out anything new ever again.
so you talk/gossip/fantasize in private, over chat, dm's, etc. but if some poor soul on twitter or elsewhere report matt/simon/kids sighting you leach on them immediately and beg/harass them to tell you everything. of course since you're in the closet you will probably ask them to follow you and do it over dm's so outside world will not find out what a stalker you are.
well, boo-hoo for you.
i don't like people in the closet. to everyone else: whatever you find out post it here.
- R264 His scenes with Mozzie are usually ok but on this particular episode (esp in the beginning), the banter between them was kinda off. You could tell that he had just 'crammed' his parts and was just unleashing words without any emotion.
Also the chemistry between him and Warren Kole was so bad, it killed the vibe of the whole episode for me. Thank God he's back with Peter again.
so you're coming here for new information but don't wanna share? well fuck you then.
- I am NOT the person who post shit about their family here like the abuser troll or one of the guys who makes the photoshop stuff.
Look on the description under the datalounge symbol that says:
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
If you can't deal with that, you should indeed stay away.
I don't feel I did anything wrong. If I did, then I want to read that from an admin.
I don't need education or rebuke from a guy that doesn't dare to post with a name.
I'm open minded and open for criticism. If the admins think I misbehaved, they are free to delete and I will never post this again here or in any other forum. You can tell them about my post if you worry sooo much about the Bomer - Halls families' privatesphere.
Anyway, all my informations were no secret, not sensitive and all public.
The only mistake I've made indeed is NOT to stay on topic. But I didn't want to open a new thread because I didn't thought these informations were that curious, new or spectacular.
- Simon is not some kind of a secret agent with Govt secrets to hide, he's the other half of a celeb coupling that not many people care about.
Any gossip about him and Matt will excite only their fans because there's nothing else to talk about when it comes to them.
Infact, they should be grateful that fans actually care about Matt and what's going on in his life. He's a celeb and this is part of celeb culture.
- R269 Excellent post!
- R249 More please!!!
- Everyone giving Maxima grief needs to STFU. Jesus.
- maxima, there you go. you said you "didn't want to open a new thread". You are the same person opening these crazy threads indeed.
- Does he have crazy-eyes?
- I need stories from fans who've seen Matt and hubby together holding hands, staring at each other longingly, hands on the waist,...... anything.
- for r276:
I briefly spotted Matt, Simon, and their three boys in NY not that, that long ago. I was in NY on vacation, and just randomly saw them on the street. There are no other words to use to paint their family other than precious. I only observed them for a few minutes from a decent distance, because I didn’t want to be that super creepy person staring at them like a stalker, or the paparazzi, but- I almost couldn’t tear my eyes away.
They have THE most beautiful family EVER. Pictures do NONE of them justice. I mean, how is that possible they’re even cuter in person?! Simon and their kids… Gorgeous overload. I can’t really describe it, but… Simon seemed… so regal in a larger than life way, and just super handsome in person. From the view I had, the kids all look like mini-Simon’s in their own way. The prettiness of this family cannot be stressed enough.
I know Matt’s the celeb, and this will sound odd, but Simon was really the one I found so interesting to watch. Seriously. I mean, he was doing so much, and he was doing it so seamlessly, for lack of a better word. I just remember walking away thinking… “I want a Simon!” Lol.
From a distance, he just seemed like such a caregiver, really attentive, and extra kind and loving but also protective. Simon was carrying the blonde twin, Walker, not Henry? If so, Walker was borderline death gripped to Simon’s shirt. Lol. Adorable the way he was holding on to Simon. Simon was also wearing some type of backpack that looked like it was filled with stuff, and it seemed as if Simon was holding Matt’s glasses, because Matt reached for them and used them for a second, at one point, and then handed them back to Simon, and Simon was holding and sharing a water bottle with Matt, and he had the darker haired twin, Henry? walking at an odd pace in front of him, and bumping in to him, and Simon didn’t even break a stride.
He’s definitely the epitome of the guy who can walk, talk, chew bubble gum, juggle, and never break stride or a sweat.
As a casual observer, from a distance, Simon just seemed to be really, really, really attentive to Matt and the kids, and also really cognizant of everything that was going on around them, protective, cautious, maybe, I mean, at least in the few minutes I observed them … and I can’t stress enough how kind and good he was to them. Any husband who shares his water with you, while holding your glasses, all while carrying one of the kids, and carrying a backpack full of stuff, and making sure one of the kids doesn’t walk too far ahead? WINS. Lol. You could hear Simon say, “Hey Buddy” when making sure Kit? the oldest one, didn’t walk too far ahead because he and Matt wanted Kit to stay close to them.
The twin with the darker hair, Henry, was fun to watch too, because he was trying to sort of slip away from Matt and Simon to keep up with Kit, who was walking just a few steps ahead, but he kept veering to the side when he walked, and Matt kept saying something like, “Hey Buddy, stay close to me,” and eventually, the little guy wound up holding on to Matt’s pant leg while they were walking, and Matt did not miss a beat and was not phased by the twin having a death grip on his pant leg, although Matt eventually reached for Henry’s hand to keep him with him, because Matt had to walk with a borderline limp to walk with Henry holding on to his pant leg. Lol. This family is just a whole bunch of super cute moments. And their kids were so good, at least in this little window I saw… If Matt or Simon said something… They did it.
The last little thing I saw of them… Simon stopped with Walker, it looked like he was showing him something, and after Matt made sure Kit stopped walking, Matt leaned his face in to the side of Simon’s neck for a second as Simon was showing Walker whatever it was, and Simon touched the side of Matt’s face with his really not so free hand, and then I literally wanted to “aww” all over the place, and then I also wanted to know how Simon juggles alllll of that. Lol. It was just all really sweet, particularly because I think we see a more guarded side of them as far as the public goes.
But, anyway, then I realized, I really was observing their private moments, and this was real life, not tv, and that if I moved any further beyond the few minutes of people watching of them that I’d already borderline creepily done, I really was going to be THAT girl borderline stalking them, and kept it moving, but for real, I could have watched their little family all day, and they are my new favorite celeb couple/family. There are no words for how awesome Matt and Simon are with their kids. And I’m not joking… I want a Simon. Need a Simon. Lol.
- Awwwwwww, I think i'm going to cry. Thanks R277
You lost all credibility by describing Halls as gorgeous. He's not bad looking by any means, but gimme a break.
- [quote]From the view I had, the kids all look like mini-Simon’s in their own way.
- R277 didn't write the post, she/he is quoting from the link.
It is entirely possible, in fact probable, that Halls wrote that missive himself.
- R281 You're right. Especially the description of Simon being gorgeous and all.
Rgardless, i'll still wear my rose-tinted glasses and believe it because I want to so bad.
Any other fan stories?
- [quote] because I want to so bad.
Why? Is it a vicarious thing?
- The post at R277 also is reminiscent of the Halls-Bomer tumblr that posted private pictures of the kids from their school. The language was similar: Simon was handsome, regal, etc. etc.
That was also probably Halls.
I assume he was entering the "Roses's Turn" stage of the svengali-protege relationship.
- [quote] Matt is hot. I remember when he was still somewhat in the closet (though an open secret like Wentworth) and he came in to read. Locked eyes with the dude - confirmed. LOL. So cute. I don't care if he's a little on the fem side (though in bed would order him to butch it up full disclosure) lol.
R249 What part was Matt reading for? And did he strike you as being feminine when he came in to read?
- Who here has that pic of Matt and his bf Quinaz at an Olympics event?
If you've never seen Matt looking feminine, that pic is it.
- Got it!
- R286 R287 I guess you mean the thing with his hands.
But how does he present himself when he shows up to read for a part?
- [quote]and it seemed as if Simon was holding Matt’s glasses, because Matt reached for them and used them for a second, at one point, and then handed them back to Simon
- Seriously, I never felt so unbelievably ashamed and embarrassed of my own fandom before. I regret being part of it. His owns fans post gossips and anonymous shits here instead of considering to protecting or defending him. Never felt so ashamed before in any of my other fandoms. I am so fucking truly sorry for them and I hope neither Simon or Matt has time to read this crap here. I am just appalled that the Webmaster keeps this stuff going when these should be immediately deleted.
Get yo' life, girl.
- [quote]Never felt so ashamed before in any of my other fandoms
FandomS as in plural? You should be ashamed.
- Oh honey, this isn't the fandom. This is the Datalounge.
- Yes that is what I'm going to do now. I will go and have a life! Something that you all don't have here and are not capable of having either. Rot here with your trashy gossips while Matt and Simon are having their good life too.
- Who are you writing as me R 294?
- [quote] Rot here with your trashy gossips while Matt and Simon are having their good life too.
That makes me sad. Be your own Matt/Simon!
- [quote]That makes me sad. Be your own Matt/Simon!
But I don't want to scratch myself.
- Although there is photographic evidence of Simon holding Matt's glasses, that entire account sounds like the made-up delusions of a fangirl.
- Matt and Simon with the family at the grove
- He still looks very good.
- Thanks R299. I was really worried about his looks after the weight loss, but he's still yummy though a bit fragile. And I can't wait for him to fill those jeans again.
- He looks 10 years older.
- Simon, eat something daddy!
- Why did Matt lose so much weight?
- lost the weight for a movie he is currently doing. The Normal Heart.
- Shit, Simon looks incredible hot! But Matt doesn't look that bad either. Other actors look worse after weight loss. He is natural beauty.
- No ring for Matt, but maybe its too loose now. They don't look happy, but may be it's because of the paps or the weather.
- Simon always looks grumpy. Has he forgotten that he's sleeping with the world's most beautiful man? lol!
- Crap, Halls looks SCARY. He looks like the one getting ready to play an AIDS patient.
Maybe they can suck the fat out of his stomach and put it into his cheeks.
- On the first pictures they look pissed, like they are going to the dentist. Soon after they see the paps, they get more space between them, but when Henry jumps into the picture both have a warm something in their eyes. Especially Matt looks sort of melancholic after his son. Maybe they pulled theirself together for a daddy date.
- [quote]Although there is photographic evidence of Simon holding Matt's glasses, that entire account sounds like the made-up delusions of a fangirl.
I'm convinced Halls wrote it. Fangurls are in love with Matt, not Simon.
As in "Gypsy", the Svengali, having watched the protégé achieve fame and adoration, becomes jealous and resentful.
"I MADE YOU! And you wanna know why? Because I was born too soon and started too late!"
- R310 The first pictures when they look pissed are after they already noticed paps. That's why they are pissed. They didn't try to get more space between them, actually they got closer. If you look at those pictures closely you will see that they are posted in reverse order to when they were taken. Pictures with Henry are actually first.
- R311 You would be surprised how many fangurls are in love with Simon. There are some crazies who call themselves fans, but really they care more about Matt being gay than about him being an actor. They follow almost every gay actor that exists and they swoon over boyfriends and partners of those actors even more than the actors themselves.
I swear it's like some sort of crazy subculture obsessed about celebs sexuality.
I'm sure that account was posted by one of those fangurls.
- r313 has it. A lot of those who claim to be fans of Matt spend all their time obsessing over Simon and how attractive and wonderful Simon is. When that Laura person got kicked off set, she even made a public post about how she might be done with Matt, but she still loved Simon and would continue to be a fan of his.
- When are they filming TNH again?
I just want to see Matt looking healthy again. The thought of him losing that juicy ass freaks me out.
- Thank you for the pictures, r299. They both look good. Matt looks older, but still very attractive, and Simon in particular looks ready to cut a bitch.
- The fangurls don't write like that. The "all three kids look like mini-Simons" gives it away. It's consistent with the Halls Datalounge postings.
Skeletor wrote it.
- Do straight girls really find this pair hot?
- A subset of fangurls fetishize the power relationship more than they do the actual physicality. Pretty feminine Matt goes into fragile mode, and daddy Simon becomes so attentive and protective. This sends their frau fingers south.
- I like to see Simon's ripped body.
- Crazy eyes big time!
- Simons jeans there are the biggest tragedy...are those from 1992? Poor guy...doesn't make you Butch by "having no fashion sense." And the new balance shoes. Talk about a frau.
- I assume he leaves the belt unlooped like that for easy access.
- Let's reminisce. Skinny Simon in 1999.
- Simon in 1989.
- So he dated Nathan Lane too? Gross.
- Getting back on topic (if that's possible): how is Matt Bomer feminine precisely?
- As r2 said: He's not more feminine than a lot of men who claim to be straight.
- r329 "how is Matt Bomer feminine precisely?"
he's gay. being male and liking males in *that* way is a feminine quality.
- Simon looks like he spent some time in the gym, he looks great.
And it's nice to see them together, after all the rumours here.
- [R328] He didn't date him, he's his publicist.
- I wonder if they still use condoms when making love.
- Is Matt doing Kabbala ? Or what does that red bracelet mean ?
- Battered husband solidarity?
- Research for red bracelet:
In Hindu tradition, sacred red string bracelets are known as "kalava" or "mauli," which translates to "above all." Stephen Knapp, author, notes that the kalava is tied onto a man's right wrist and a woman's left wrist at the beginning of a ceremony. It is worn for and symbolizes blessings to the wearer. It also can be used in different rituals of worship (or "puja") to Hindu deities, and can be considered as goodwill to a person who offers it to another.
Red strings are also associated with Tibetan Buddhism in traditional ceremonies of tying on holy cotton threads. According to an article by Sannyasi Shraddhamurti in the September 2008 newsletter of the Shraddha Yoga Healing Centre, in this ceremony, "This practice restores the natural order of things and brings people closer together." It is rooted in Hindu tradition and has been practiced by Buddhists for more than 500 years. During the ceremony, a monk lights the candles of a centerpiece and chants scriptures while guests hold a piece of thread tied to the centerpiece. Afterward, the monk and guests tie the threads onto one another's wrists. The threads' colors carry different meanings. Red represents bravery, white is for friendship, black for sympathy and yellow for faith. The belief is that the body and soul are firmly tied together.
d)support AIDS research
e)The red jelly bracelet says that the person is willing to give a lap dance.
Many teenage girls wear jelly bracelets and claim that each different color holds a different meaning. Red means the wearer is willing to give lap dances. Orange means they are willing to kiss.
- R336 Looks like Kabbala bracelet. It's like a trendy thing in Hollywood. Madonna, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan wore it before. He was wearing an ion healing bracelet before. See the link.
- The link
- So I guess it simply means "support AIDS research" in this case.
Although some will probably insist that it means "ready to give a lap dance".
Anyway, R315 they finish filming TNH just before Thanksgiving.
- And I hoped so much for the lap dance thing.....
- [quote]In contrast, some Kabbalists have said red strings are a myth. The website for the Bnei Baruch Kabbalah Education and Research Institute, the largest group of Kabbalists in Israel, states that, "There is no connection. Red strings, holy water and other products are a lucrative commercial invention created in the past two decades."
- AIDS Research Support Bracelet:
- Kabbalah Bracelet:
- It's similar to Kabbalah bracelet.
- Simon is Buddhist, so I think it has something to do with Buddhisim.
Perhaps they even got married, and the bracelet/string symbolizes that.